PDA

View Full Version : Planes, Airports, Airlines & Traveling with Supplements

futilekyle
04-06-07, 8:51 pm
Hey guys, I'm leaving on a plane tommorow and I'm going to Puerto Rico and then onto a cruise through the Carribean. I packed my supplements but I'm worried there gonna trash em at the airport or whatever.

Anybody with experience on bringing supplements on planes or into different countries leave me advice tonight

Thanks

txpower
04-06-07, 8:53 pm
i've always packed mine. but i've never gone out of the states. if i were you i would pack just the required amount in your carry on bag. that way if they search you you can be like yea their vitamins.

musclealchemist
04-06-07, 9:12 pm
yea bring those bad boys on the plane with you, otherwise they might think they are like drugs or something, airports are funny about that kinda stuff.

IRON_ITALIAN
04-06-07, 9:38 pm
Traveled to Cabo last year and they took them when I landed.

Gunshow
04-06-07, 9:40 pm
lol definately dont put them in your carry on they'll just take them. If you just put it in your luggage in a ziploc bag you should be fine. I would bring the actual containers that it came in if they fit though, just so it doesnt look weird. I just got back from dominican and you cant even have water in your carry on, but in your luggage you can have cigars/alcohol.

TheOak_akl
04-06-07, 10:27 pm
Hey guys, I'm leaving on a plane tommorow and I'm going to Puerto Rico and then onto a cruise through the Carribean. I packed my supplements but I'm worried there gonna trash em at the airport or whatever.

Anybody with experience on bringing supplements on planes or into different countries leave me advice tonight

Thanks

Last summer i went on a cruise to jamaica, carribean, and what i did was i packed my mstak, pak, and nitro in my carry on luggage, and i packed just the amount i needed for the days i would be using them.( just in case they were taken away, i wouldnt lose the whole can) I kept them in the original containers, and i had no problem getting through security on the way over or back...

Ricky P
04-06-07, 11:20 pm
I personally would think it'd be better to leave them in the can.... I feel like that way they'd see it's a viable product, not drugs or anything illegal. If they're all in little plastic packages I feel like it'd be a little more suspscious. Hmm... Hey I've got no experience in this area haha, so I can't help but that would be more logical to me. But this post right before me, hey if that worked than go for that. Plus it's definitely a smart idea to take just what you need just in case they do take it - you won't lose everything. Good call.

futilekyle
04-07-07, 1:55 am
Thanks a lot guys, I'm just gonna pack everything in my luggage and hope for the best.

Gunshow
04-07-07, 11:13 am
I personally would think it'd be better to leave them in the can.... I feel like that way they'd see it's a viable product, not drugs or anything illegal. If they're all in little plastic packages I feel like it'd be a little more suspscious. Hmm... Hey I've got no experience in this area haha, so I can't help but that would be more logical to me. But this post right before me, hey if that worked than go for that. Plus it's definitely a smart idea to take just what you need just in case they do take it - you won't lose everything. Good call.

Yeah what i meant is that he should leave it in cans, but put the cans in a ziploc bag. I dunno about the rules where u live but in canada, everything like food, liquids, and any chemicals or anything has to be in a ziploc bag, so i would say put the whole can in.

anievan
04-07-07, 2:06 pm
i travel to puerto rico in december...put all my pills and protein in ziplock bags, and put that shit under the plane...there were no problems at all, i was obviously not tring to hide them in my suitecase...dont worry about it, they would be more concerned if you had medicine viles (like stallone)...you have nothing to worry about just pack it and put it under the plane, PR is like being in the US

Shark
04-07-07, 4:06 pm
I just got back from doing a ton of flying. I was really worried about this at first. I called the airlines and kept getting different responses. My animal pak and cuts I just put in baggies because they are obviously vitamins. I bought a 1 pound can of protien because it was small and I wanted anything in powder form in a canister with a label on it showing exactly what it is. My leukic and aplodan I just threw one into the other. Security wouldn't know the difference and if the guy was a bodybuilder then Im sure he would know that it was just two supplements put into one and not drugs. Now my biggest problem was my creatine akg. The bottle is huge and its white powder. It would have been stupid for me to take the whole bottle. It's a year supply. So I had to bite the bullet on that one. No white powder. I figured I would rather spend the money on another bottle when I got to my destination than being greeted by air marshalls when I got off the plane.

As far as gel or liquid supplements. Bottle, label or not....LEAVE THEM HOME.

But keep everything all together in your checked in luggage. DOn't bring it carry on. Your not going to need a months supply of supplements on your 1-15 hour flight. It will look weird to security when you don't want to part with your supplements.

The above rule applies especially to people flying out or into the country. Baggage is checked when entering the country sometimes. If they find your vitamins and its in clearly marked bottle then they will most likely just zip it back up. BUT as some of you know, while trying to clear customs they sometimes pick people out of line to do a person and carry on bag check. Customs can be a BITCH. If you have it in your carry on bag you will look bad to them. They will insist you provide a reciept proving that you bought it in the country you are now IN. Most likely it will end up all being tossed. Best just to leave it in your check in bags.

Reacher34
04-07-07, 4:14 pm
Absolutely take the original container with you. I'd put them in luggage. Carryon might just get em taken, but if they have a problem with your luggage, they'll at least talk to you and you'll have a chance to explain. Also, when i packed a 10lb bag of protein, they forgot to reseal it and it spilled all over the inside of my bag. Next time i wrote them a note with BIG letters and put it in the bag to make sure they resealed. Just a tip ;)

naturalguy
04-07-07, 4:27 pm
I haven't had any problems traveling with supplements.

Tron
04-08-07, 12:16 pm
This is probably a little late, but I don't see why it would matter taking them with you. I'd say just pack them in your bag and take with you in your pocket what you need.

bigrhino
04-08-07, 9:54 pm
pack your sups with the labels. people get suspcious with a ziploc full of white powder. better yet, bring them in the original container. better idea is to put your pills in a well known vitamin bottle (dare i say Centrum) or prescription bottle. no problem with pak container for pak

mark_b
05-26-07, 7:04 pm
Hey brothers!

Well, I started my MStak cycle 2 days ago...lovin' it. Unfortunately, I'm heading to LA for a wedding on thursday. Will be taking 4 possibly 5 days off lifting.

So should I continue to take my MStak daily, even on my 4 off days?
Or for that matter, my creatine?

Shit, one thing I totally forgot... am I gonna be able to pack it in my check-in luggage?

Peace

P.S. Travelling from Canada to LA.

feelthepain12
05-26-07, 7:07 pm
Well I flew from IN to Utah and I packed my AnimalPak on my carry-on and it got by security just fine. Just in case it doesn't though, I would take only as many paks as you need and no more. I would also leave the paks in the can just in case they question you. Worked fine for me. Good luck with it.

Mauricio
05-27-07, 5:30 am
Dammit man, we don't work at the airport. Pills aren't prohibited in your luggage what the fuck you care about that. The pak is just a multivitamin, it's like asking if you can drink water every hour, you either do it or not. Supps are designed to aid your body in several ways, so if you don't know why the fuck you're taking the M Stak, Stak2 or any pak then you are just wasting your money. I am not a hater or shit like that, I respect you and write these lines so you can realize that I do care about the things I put in my body. Have a good trip brother.

FeelthePain
05-27-07, 8:50 pm
When I flew, I put all my supps in an old Flex can and packed it in my checked bag. No problems....

Where are you staying - most hotels have a fitness center... last time I was out that way, I stayed in a nice place - full dumbell set, rack, press, etc.

Good luck...

musclealchemist
05-27-07, 10:00 pm
keep taking it bro, you need to keep the stuff in your system. It might do you some good taking some time off anyway, so enjoy the wedding and just pack it along for the trip.

Maccabee
06-28-07, 2:37 pm
Long story short my supplements ended up some place where it should not be. MY brother is going to bring them to me, but he is going to end up going on a plane to get back to New York. My main qeustion is will they take away the supps if the airport finds it?

The_Dude
06-28-07, 2:38 pm
Good question. I've always wondered about this.

IRBS
06-28-07, 2:47 pm
No, you should be fine. I carried mine on in plastic containers with all those baggies full of pills and they didnt even look at me twice. No worries.

Suleiman
06-28-07, 3:45 pm
good i dont have to worry about getting chased with tasers...lol

ncsu06
06-28-07, 5:27 pm
if you put them in a bag that you don't carry on...i don't think there will be any problem at all..just don't carry them on...good luck

NumeroUno
06-28-07, 9:24 pm
If you look big enough, the won't bother ya :)

H.U.G.E
06-28-07, 9:30 pm
I was just in jamacia and had my pak and cuts in my carry on and the didnt care.. i was on 4 flights and they only checked it once and it was fine...

ghost
06-28-07, 10:39 pm
ive never had my supps taken, and i fly a lot..and i have never flown without em.

WillWest
06-29-07, 6:07 am
Good to know, i'm flying to spain in a couple of weeks and need to take baggies of supps - i was worried about getting tackled by security guards ! puts my mind at ease.

Another great thread on the forum.

DetroitMuscle
08-28-07, 7:09 am
Ok...
I know I have seen this somewhere but I cant find it via search. Anyways. I am leaving for Florida tommorow morning bright and early. I was curious what supplements are allowed on planes?

I want to take pak, pump and Whey protien powder...

Anyone see any problems or have tried?

squattingtillipuke
08-28-07, 7:45 am
I havent' found any problems except in San diego...all other airports have let everything go thoruhg.

rjs
08-28-07, 8:21 am
maybe this thread could help

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9881

simpleguy
08-28-07, 8:22 am
here ya go: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9881&highlight=leavin+airplane

simpleguy
08-28-07, 8:23 am
maybe this thread could help

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9881

ok looks like I got the same sorry

Bmang
08-29-07, 9:57 pm
Hey all,

i'll be travelling to england soon, and was wondering if i would encounter any problems at security while carrying (Pak, Mstak, and Flex)? Anyone come across this yet? I'll be leaving Toronto to Gatwick..........

Giant Killer
08-29-07, 10:01 pm
Just put it in your check baggage, not carry on.

You have the original containers for all of them?

ghost
08-30-07, 8:01 am
edit.......

the supplements on a plane threads have all been merged in to ONE thread.. lets KEEP IT THIS WAY.

grunt1-1969
08-30-07, 10:05 am
I took a suitcase full of suplements home from the Olympia show last year. The airlines actually charged me extra because of how heavy it was, but no problems at check in other than that

MC-Hitman
08-30-07, 9:27 pm

Thanks

I recently went through JFK in route to Texas with all of my supplement in my napsack - went through - no problem
I was then leaving from DFW 8 days later, and I put into my bag, because I filled up my napsack with things I'd want with me available during flight, 'cause I heard of reported delaying of flight time
It turned out to be the best move I did - DFW was cracking down on any enclosed canisters with a regulation of a 3.4oz limit per item
My hair molding clay and 2 AXE bodysprays became casaulties of the search
I would have been screwed if I packed the saem as I did through JFK

I definitely advise in putting supplements in the stowed bag, especially since it takes a lot of space in any bag

JMC
08-31-07, 8:28 am
Here's the official link for those in the US coming and going...
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

When it comes to this stuff, most times it's not what you're carrying but what you're carrying it IN. Nothing that is not a solid I found out. I knew this, but just didn't think about it. Last month, coming back from DC, I was jacked the night before because I hit the grocery store, picked up some natty pb and some beef jerky for the flight home. What do you know, my bag gets pulled, unopened pb jar pulled from that...gone! Even with a nice shiny badge in my bag, they don't fuck around. I probably could of fought the issue but overall I'm glad to see those guys catch shit that aint supposed to be there.

TheDarkHalf
08-20-08, 1:00 pm
So i'm going home for almost three weeks and was wondering about taking my supplements and meals on board. Anyone ever run into any problems? Anything I should be aware of? I'm taking two carry-ons and checking two others. My two carry-ons will hold most of my supps,food, and other stuff that i'll need throughout the flight/travel (ipod, laptop, or whatever else I need).

I was also curious about the 3oz restriction on fluids. I have some Liquid Whey Shots, and they are 3.1oz. I know 3oz is 3oz and was just curious if i'll have to check those. I mean ultimately I should prolly call the airline/TSA about that, but just wanted to get an opinion first.

InkdMuscle
08-20-08, 1:47 pm
i just recently traveled on southwest and they would not let me take any of my supplements except a couple of the packs: PAK,PUMP,NITRO. but theyare pills they let if fly. but my protein powder and my torrent and shock therapy they wouldnt let it go. i dont know if its different from each airline. but southwest said NO.

oh but if the liquid is for consumption like the whey shots im sure its ok. because i had a ready to drink protein shake and they said that was ok and that was 32oz.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-20-08, 1:57 pm
most airlines are ok with pills.. powders and liquids i suppose its diffferent for each airline

TheDarkHalf
08-20-08, 2:02 pm
well i don't think it's the airline that matters guys - the airlines don't check your shit it's the TSA (transportation security administration) that checks your carry-on items at the security station(s)

HardGainer369
08-20-08, 2:02 pm
put all your supplements in the baggage that you are checking in...thats the best way to get it through.

InkdMuscle
08-20-08, 2:03 pm
thats what i did and when it went through the xray thing they asked me to open it. so i guess its a gamble on the TSA screeners. somemay let if fly some may be asses about it.

Giant Killer
08-20-08, 2:05 pm
I packed a TON of pills and powders in my CHECK BAG a month ago when I went to Seattle. I had 5 Animal Paks, 5 Animal Omegas, 20 other misc. capsules, 15 other misc. pills, and this is the funny part- 5 baggies of white powder w/5g Creatine and 10g BCAA each.

I mean, I was confident that I didn't have anything illegal there. I didn't get bothered at all, although I wouldn't try to carry it on.

I wouldn't take the liquid protein shots I think that will cause you problems as they are very strict and have some strange rules regarding liquids now.

TheDarkHalf
08-20-08, 2:08 pm
I packed a TON of pills and powders in my CHECK BAG a month ago when I went to Seattle. I had 5 Animal Paks, 5 Animal Omegas, 20 other misc. capsules, 15 other misc. pills, and this is the funny part- 5 baggies of white powder w/5g Creatine and 10g BCAA each.

I mean, I was confident that I didn't have anything illegal there. I didn't get bothered at all, although I wouldn't try to carry it on.

I wouldn't take the liquid protein shots I think that will cause you problems as they are very strict and have some strange rules regarding liquids now.

See I would put them in my checked bag but I just don't think i'm going to have the space to do it. My luggage isn't really that big and i'll probably have just enough room to pack the clothes and toiletries I need for the duration of my trip. But we'll see though maybe i'll be able to successfully get them in with my checked bags.

TheDarkHalf
08-20-08, 2:35 pm
Aight I couldn't take it anymore so I called TSA. Here's the story....

Pills, Powder, and RTDs (that are 3oz or less) are all okay. If the pills and powder aren't in the original container, then it's up to screeners discretion whether or not they want to let it though. Same goes for that 3oz restriction for RTDs - even though mine is just .1oz over the limit that also falls under screener's discretion.

I guess i'll just check as much as I can and then take the rest on-board. If shit gets taken, well I guess the screener's will get some great supps lol

Braindrop
08-21-08, 11:44 am
I just check my cans. I'm now storing 5 cans of Animal stuff at my desk in California for when I'm out here. No problem with the airlines.

pmug0000
08-21-08, 11:54 am
I've never had a problem bringing multiple Animal cans in my carry on. I'm flying tomorrow and I've got about six things of pills in my carry on, it'll look like I'm trying to bring the whole damn medicine cabinet on that plan.

Elite
08-21-08, 12:04 pm
I had no problems bringing back 1 PAK, 4 TEST, 2 M-STAK, 1 NITRO, 3 N1-T, 4 EAA STACK & TORRENT back from Ohio. PAK and 2 bags of Nitro & 1 bag Test went into my hand luggage. They asked me to open my carry on and sifted through the tin of pak and the guy just said, good stuff, i used to take them.

Just make sure all powders go in the check in. You aint never getting powder on board in hand luggage.

TheDarkHalf
08-21-08, 1:33 pm
I had no problems bringing back 1 PAK, 4 TEST, 2 M-STAK, 1 NITRO, 3 N1-T, 4 EAA STACK & TORRENT back from Ohio. PAK and 2 bags of Nitro & 1 bag Test went into my hand luggage. They asked me to open my carry on and sifted through the tin of pak and the guy just said, good stuff, i used to take them.

Just make sure all powders go in the check in. You aint never getting powder on board in hand luggage.

To be honest, I think powders will be okay to take on board and like TSA said it's screeners discretion. I'm planning on putting the protein in gallon size baggies (strawberry and chocolate flavored so it's not a straight up white powder) with their original label. Also planning on putting each of those inside of my shakers - and if they ask i'll just tell them it's protein powder and these are the shakers I use to mix them. If it gets taken, i'll learn a lesson and just simply buy more. One of my two carry-ons that I'm transporting the powder in will be nothing but supplements anyways (i'm taking around 20 different things with me). So I guess i'll let ya'll know if I get screwed going through security.

Dingo
08-21-08, 11:41 pm
i take my bottle of uniliver filled with pak/nitro and uni liver, no problems as carry ons. the liquid may present a problem. It's different at each airport. one airport will let this go, while the next will get anal over something else. It's almsot like each airport now has a pet peeve of what they will and wont let go through, even though they are all supposed to have the same standard.
As far as the pills you should be fine, its the liquid and pastes/gels they freak out about.

TheDarkHalf
08-22-08, 9:53 am
i take my bottle of uniliver filled with pak/nitro and uni liver, no problems as carry ons. the liquid may present a problem. It's different at each airport. one airport will let this go, while the next will get anal over something else. It's almsot like each airport now has a pet peeve of what they will and wont let go through, even though they are all supposed to have the same standard.
As far as the pills you should be fine, its the liquid and pastes/gels they freak out about.

Yea that's what I figured. There are no restrictions on pills and powders. Also, i'm going to check the majority of my RTDs, but will try to take one or two on just to see what happens. Worse case i'll have to drink em on the spot or they'll take em, either way it won't be a total loss - i'll still have 10 in my checked bag.

The reason why it's not the same from airport to airport because like I said previously - it's screeners discretion. It'll basically come down to what kind of day the person is having and how they perceive you and the products you are trying to carry on-board (and any other related products as well).

Dingo
08-22-08, 10:11 am
.....It'll basically come down to what kind of day the person is having and how they perceive you and the products you are trying to carry on-board (and any other related products as well).

Ya know the last time i flew and the screener had to search my wifes bag, i felt bad for the guy. he seemed like a real nice guy, and like he didn't wanna do what he was doing, but was being "forced" to. Like when he showed up for work that day, he drew the short straw.

TheDarkHalf
08-22-08, 10:25 am
Ya know the last time i flew and the screener had to search my wifes bag, i felt bad for the guy. he seemed like a real nice guy, and like he didn't wanna do what he was doing, but was being "forced" to. Like when he showed up for work that day, he drew the short straw.

Well i'm sure that's not a luxurious job to begin with. Anyways, i'll be sure to update this thread as to what happens after my flight. I am flying out from Reagan National next Thursday (Aug 28), so expect an update sometime that evening.

TheDarkHalf
08-28-08, 7:27 pm
So i made it though security with no problems. Got to take all my protein powder, pills, and IDS whey shots in my 2 carry-ons.

Dingo
08-29-08, 12:12 am
cool. musta had nicer security people

k1usa
08-29-08, 2:23 am
I have seen the TSA tormenting an old lady in Orlando just last week...in a wheelchair....it could have been a skit on SNL.....like this woman is a threat....like she is going to hit the pilot with her cane and take the plane to the next nearest retirement home.....guys...I think with the TSA...just pack your sups and shit...check it in and dont take chances...the fuckers will take what they want like its fucking trick or treat time.....like they are going to toss brand new shampoo...like the kind gals use that is expensive...fuck now...it goes home to their girls.......with all the equipment they have....with all the high tech shit....they still have mostly idiots working it and making us feel like we are all on a watch list...give them a badge....and it all happens....SO...sups...dont waist good sups on chance....check them in....oh yea...bring money for the second bag...In San Jose CA it was 25 bucks....and in Orlando..fuckers charged me $40!!!!...same bag....told them it was 25 in CA...all they do is smile and say.....call this number and complain.....like thats going to solve anything...

Dingo
08-29-08, 9:16 am
at that rate its cheaper to ups your stuff 2-3 days ahead of time, so it gets to the hotel the day of your check in and you can have the front desk hold it for you.

bleed_alone
08-29-08, 9:23 am
I had to check an extra small suitcase for my supps when I went on vaca at the beginning of the summer. I flew on southwest and didn't have problems. I checked a can of pak and nitro, eaa/bcaa stack, oats in a huge ziplock bag, and 2 huge freezer ziplocks of protein. I just wrote "WHEY PROTEIN" on the bags lol. They didn't look open or anything.

As for carry ons, you gotta eat on the plane and 3 peanuts sure as hell aint gonna hold me over til my next meal. I brought ziplocks with protein powder, oats, pb sandwiches, and a couple paks of nitro. Didn't have problems. They made me throw out my water jug though.

Appollonian
07-08-09, 12:52 pm
Fellow animals, I am going on a business trip next week and will be flying. I only travel once or twice a year, so I typically only do cardio when I am away, so the most I take with me would be Pak and Flex, however I already took a week off just a week ago, so that is a no-go this time around.

I need to know if airlines let you take supplements on planes. All the sups I want to bring are powdered, and the containers are far too large to travel with, so baggies are the way to go. Any and all advice is appreciated- I hate being away from family and the gym is the place I find solace, so being deprived of that experience would make it crushing.

Thanks in advance everyone.

InkdMuscle
07-08-09, 2:43 pm
Fellow animals, I am going on a business trip next week and will be flying. I only travel once or twice a year, so I typically only do cardio when I am away, so the most I take with me would be Pak and Flex, however I already took a week off just a week ago, so that is a no-go this time around.

I need to know if airlines let you take supplements on planes. All the sups I want to bring are powdered, and the containers are far too large to travel with, so baggies are the way to go. Any and all advice is appreciated- I hate being away from family and the gym is the place I find solace, so being deprived of that experience would make it crushing.

Thanks in advance everyone.

when i flew to the ARNOLD i did just that. I had PAK,PUMP,NITRO. then my protein powder and intra aide just in lil baggies. then i put them all in a bigger ziplock. when they asked what that was i just said it was my supplements. They said okay and that was that. It was southwest i flew on.

CuttDeez
07-08-09, 2:52 pm
I always keep an empty tub for these occasions. Count out my daily rations into individual baggies and put the baggies in the tub. That way I can get everything for the days Im gone but only pack one tub. Most of the time I have extra tub room for socks and underwear as well. Its a good idea!!

Dingo
07-09-09, 12:35 am
it counts on the individual airport, as well as the guy checking the bags. The last couple times i flew though pills were fine, especially if they give it the sniff test, haha.

daninarmy
07-09-09, 1:31 am
put them in baggies then in a plastic dish with lid and pack it with your bags that you check in. works every time

BryanSmash!
07-09-09, 2:46 am
If you have a vanilla flavored protein powder, I'd advise against bringing it. Not a good idea to travel around with a plasitc bag of white powder IMO.

TheDarkHalf
07-09-09, 9:15 am
If you have a vanilla flavored protein powder, I'd advise against bringing it. Not a good idea to travel around with a plasitc bag of white powder IMO.

It'll be fine - just take a protein scoop with you. If they don't believe it's a protein powder tell them to taste test it on the spot.

I've flown with liquid supplements, powder supplements, and pill supplements and have never had any issues.

jesse45690
07-09-09, 9:34 am
You should be good bro. I just went on a cruise about a month ago, although it left out of Florida, instead of Puerto Rico I had no problems whatsoever. I even had some that I didn' t take which I brought back into the states and that wasn't a problem either. You'll be alright man. Have fun and get ready to eat. Oh yea I wouldn't pack it on your carry on either, make sure you put it in your actual luggage or whatever.

TheDarkHalf
07-09-09, 10:19 am
You should be good bro. I just went on a cruise about a month ago, although it left out of Florida, instead of Puerto Rico I had no problems whatsoever. I even had some that I didn' t take which I brought back into the states and that wasn't a problem either. You'll be alright man. Have fun and get ready to eat. Oh yea I wouldn't pack it on your carry on either, make sure you put it in your actual luggage or whatever.

You can take it in your carry on. That's where all my supplements go when i travel.

Appollonian
07-09-09, 10:26 am
Thanks for all the help everyone, and relocating the thread to a previously started one to cut down on the clutter.

I did a search before I posted, but apparently I wasn't thorough enough...

Appollonian
07-13-09, 1:34 pm
I've carefully reviewed www.tsa.gov and could not find anything that would preclude supplements on an airplane as long as it is not liquid. I'm going to be changing a lot of planes, so I'm doing carry-on. I will put all the doses in seperate baggies, labled, and put them in an Animal Pak tin. If they give me any issues, I'll state that their own guidelines don't mention anything about what they are arguing about. And then I'll pray I don't get strip-searched.

TheDarkHalf
07-13-09, 1:46 pm
I've carefully reviewed www.tsa.gov and could not find anything that would preclude supplements on an airplane as long as it is not liquid. I'm going to be changing a lot of planes, so I'm doing carry-on. I will put all the doses in seperate baggies, labled, and put them in an Animal Pak tin. If they give me any issues, I'll state that their own guidelines don't mention anything about what they are arguing about. And then I'll pray I don't get strip-searched.

Like i've said earlier in this thread........it is up to the TSA Screeners discretion (i've called and spoken to a TSA representative). The worse case i've ever had was just getting pulled aside and having them check my stuff. Nothing confiscated. I actually saw my carry on bag go through the x-ray machine one time and all I saw was nothing but pills. I've actually gotten away with liquid protein shots in my carry on. Don't sweat it man you'll be fine.

Razor
12-21-09, 12:24 pm
Ok quick question while i finish packing. Will i have trouble going through the airport with Animal in my bag? i want to take pak, flex and pump. Is there a special way of taking it? i'm going international.

Appollonian
12-21-09, 1:40 pm
Like i've said earlier in this thread........it is up to the TSA Screeners discretion (i've called and spoken to a TSA representative). The worse case i've ever had was just getting pulled aside and having them check my stuff. Nothing confiscated. I actually saw my carry on bag go through the x-ray machine one time and all I saw was nothing but pills. I've actually gotten away with liquid protein shots in my carry on. Don't sweat it man you'll be fine.

As you said, it is ENTIRELY at the screeners discretion. On the way out they were cool about it, and actually recoqnized some of what I was bringing. On the way back I had nothing left, so no hassle... I'm a lot less reserved about this now and will be more relaxed in the future.

For international travel I would leave it in it's packaging container if carry-on, or preferably put it in your checked luggage. And I wouldn't put any powders in zip-lock baggies, but thats just me.

Razor
12-21-09, 2:47 pm
As you said, it is ENTIRELY at the screeners discretion. On the way out they were cool about it, and actually recoqnized some of what I was bringing. On the way back I had nothing left, so no hassle... I'm a lot less reserved about this now and will be more relaxed in the future.

For international travel I would leave it in it's packaging container if carry-on, or preferably put it in your checked luggage. And I wouldn't put any powders in zip-lock baggies, but thats just me.

Hmm guess i'll keep the pills in my checked baggage. They won't retain the bag will they? i would kinda be a little upset if i arrived at my destination with no luggage(!!!). and i guess ill use the can instead of a ziploc bag.

GUNS
12-22-09, 5:55 am
I just traveled back from afghanistan and back again. Customs was not concerned with my packs due to them being in the original containers. I did put my pak, flex in my carry on for the 3 days of travel and they did not say a word about them. Had Nitro, shock, stak, and cuts in the checked bags.

almosteasy
09-02-10, 10:44 am
im gonna be flying this weekend and i was wonderin..has anyone ever had issues with something like PUMP or NITRO in their bag? i think i will be checking 1 bag so i don't have to carry it on the plane with me

Big D
09-02-10, 10:47 am
no youll be fine

i travel with all my shit all the time.. i get the craziest looks with my shakers full of protein

Project Willis
06-30-12, 3:17 pm
By that, I mean can I bring stuff like pre-work out powders, protein, creatine, etc. Also can I bring vitamins, fish oils, and such? I tried to google this, but couldn't come up with anything, does anyone know? it would be appreciated, also, I have no idea if i posted in the correct section so i apologize if i didnt.

SailinScotty
06-30-12, 3:35 pm
By that, I mean can I bring stuff like pre-work out powders, protein, creatine, etc. Also can I bring vitamins, fish oils, and such? I tried to google this, but couldn't come up with anything, does anyone know? it would be appreciated, also, I have no idea if i posted in the correct section so i apologize if i didnt.

You can pack your pills in your carry-on. I'd try to keep them in the original containers if possible. As for powders you'll have to put those in checked luggage. If you aren't checking a bag you could always ship them to where you are staying.

BigChrisF
06-30-12, 8:13 pm
I just looked through the TSA lists. I don't people are allowed on planes.

Project Willis
07-01-12, 1:47 pm
You can pack your pills in your carry-on. I'd try to keep them in the original containers if possible. As for powders you'll have to put those in checked luggage. If you aren't checking a bag you could always ship them to where you are staying.

ahhh okay, thanks, i looked at the TSA website but it didn't mention anything, or maybe i just missed it. much appreciated.

SailinScotty
07-02-12, 12:16 pm
No problem bro. Forgot to add that there's a good chance they'll look through your bag even if you check it. You can buy some TSA approved locks though so only TSA looks at it.

C.Coronato
07-02-12, 3:17 pm
I have personally always carried on my protein and animal products, not in the original container. If you are worried just throw it in your checked bag and you will be good to go.

Razor
07-02-12, 3:23 pm
I have personally always carried on my protein and animal products, not in the original container. If you are worried just throw it in your checked bag and you will be good to go.

I travel to Guatemala every year. I just carry the shit on with me no problem but that would be pills only. If it's any powdered stuff i throw it in my checked back and secure it so it doesn't spill no matter what.

Big Wides
07-02-12, 5:05 pm
this might just be me but your only going away for a month and to be honest a month without supps isn't going to kill your gains. As long as you keep eating and training you'll be quite alright

Aggression
07-02-12, 5:07 pm
this might just be me but your only going away for a month and to be honest a month without supps isn't going to kill your gains. As long as you keep eating and training you'll be quite alright

sense. This man makes a lot of it. I agree with Wides. Unless you're in contest prep, I wouldn't worry about bringing a huge amount of supplements for a month. That's what, maybe 20 training sessions at most? Pak a multi and grab a coffee on the way to your workouts and you'll be fine.

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 5:20 pm
sense. This man makes a lot of it. I agree with Wides. Unless you're in contest prep, I wouldn't worry about bringing a huge amount of supplements for a month. That's what, maybe 20 training sessions at most? Pak a multi and grab a coffee on the way to your workouts and you'll be fine.

im in aggrement also youll be good brother eat sleep train and your gravyy.