PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Area (FL) Animals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Zver
09-14-10, 5:14 pm
Anybody down here?

BigDubbDiesel
09-17-10, 9:43 am
Damn, sorry I missed out guys! I've been pretty busy lately. I'll definitely be trying my hardest to make the next one. Way to represent the Orlando crew guys!

Yeah I gotta chime in here and apologize for flaking last meet too. Some asshole side swiped my car the night before (so now it looks even better than before) I shoulda used that agression to fuel my workout, but I was so pissed that I wasnt able to make it to lakeland. On top of that I lost my phone recently so I need to get all of your guys numbers back again. Training has been going well, but with the LSAT coming up Oct 9th I have no extra time.

Pics and Vids looked awesome, Central FL ABC always represents.

feel free to shoot me a text with your name to (941) 928-2601.

Eat big and train hard -Dubb.

Hercules
09-17-10, 11:36 pm
Yeah I gotta chime in here and apologize for flaking last meet too. Some asshole side swiped my car the night before (so now it looks even better than before) I shoulda used that agression to fuel my workout, but I was so pissed that I wasnt able to make it to lakeland. On top of that I lost my phone recently so I need to get all of your guys numbers back again. Training has been going well, but with the LSAT coming up Oct 9th I have no extra time.

Damn. I'm just glad you're OK. I sent you a text, a PM, and asked some of the others here if they'd heard from you. I even checked your status here at the FORVM to see when you last logged on. I was thinking school had you tied down or vacation or something. Feel free to give me a call when you're passing through Lakeland (I'll text you w/ my number soon). We'll hit the new and improved Deb's Gym if you'd like...

Hercules
09-25-10, 8:48 am
Anyone up for training at Orlando Barbell anythime soon???

BigDubbDiesel
09-26-10, 8:07 pm
Anyone up for training at Orlando Barbell anythime soon???

let me know if any of you guys roll through my neck of the woods...been extemely busy with work school and studying, but im still hittin the gym every chance I get...let me know

Hercules
09-27-10, 6:18 pm
Congrats to MassMonster and boom for winning the Agent O Promo!!! Be sure to follow their logs; this stuff sounds like it has a lot of promise.

MassMonster
09-27-10, 8:34 pm
hahahaha lets test this stuff via the big kahuna comp come november... im 10 away from 400 hope this gives me sum edge

Hercules
09-28-10, 8:19 pm
I just found out I was selected to alpha-test Agent O over at BB.com! intoodeep25 from Tampa was also selected. Good news for the Central FL Animal crew...

MassMonster
09-28-10, 9:06 pm
FL represent hhahahaha gj you guys lets show um how we throw down here in the swamplands lol

Hercules
10-01-10, 9:16 am
Gentlemen,

Please post your contest dates. I'd like to plan a trip to Orlando Barbell, but I don't want it to conflict with your meet training schedule. Thanks.

My planned meets: October 30th, December 18th

Cstlfx
10-01-10, 11:10 am
I have a meet Nov 6th and I'll be volunteering at the 3day in Tampa the weekend of oct 30th. Other than that I'm pretty much open. I probably won't have another meet until the end of feb next year.

MassMonster
10-01-10, 5:02 pm
Big Kahuna Nov.6-7 :) thats all for me

Cstlfx
10-01-10, 6:28 pm
Big Kahuna Nov.6-7 :) thats all for me

Hell yeah! and more than likely, with that Agent O you and boom have up your sleeves, I'm getting my ass kicked!

MassMonster
10-01-10, 7:51 pm
I'm holding my breathe for 4 plates big guy... and I have a few more tricks up my sleeve... hahaha I told my cuz If i really stack out this meet and hit my squat and dead expectations, that i'll go out and get a gorilla with a mohawk tatted on my shoulder... maybe with this stuff it'll be an orange hawk

Hercules
10-02-10, 8:23 pm
Thanks for posting those up. Hope your training is going well for those meets.

I just pulled 605 last weekend (w/ Metal DL suit) and did a belt-only 530 x (almost) 5 today; I setup too close to the rack and the 5th rep hit the catch bar on the rack and threw me off balance. Oh well...

J Wong
10-02-10, 8:39 pm
November 6-7th.

I have been really busy lately with school and work (especially work now since the snowbirds will be coming back down real soon) so I can't make any promises of being able to go.

J Wong
10-03-10, 5:00 pm
Gentlemen,

Please post your contest dates. I'd like to plan a trip to Orlando Barbell, but I don't want it to conflict with your meet training schedule. Thanks.

My planned meets: October 30th, December 18th

What meets are they? Deadlift only?

Hercules
10-03-10, 7:32 pm
What meets are they? Deadlift only?

October 30th is a WABDL push/pull @ All American in Lakeland. The December is a RAW United full power meet in Melbourne.

J Wong
10-03-10, 8:59 pm
October 30th is a WABDL push/pull @ All American in Lakeland. The December is a RAW United full power meet in Melbourne.

Ah, I was hoping your 10/30 meet would be the Orlando Barbell Classic because I will be there with my training partners. One of these days you, Cstlfx, mass, and I should do the same meet. There are plenty around here!

Cstlfx
10-03-10, 9:52 pm
Ah, I was hoping your 10/30 meet would be the Orlando Barbell Classic because I will be there with my training partners. One of these days you, Cstlfx, mass, and I should do the same meet. There are plenty around here!

The APF in Orlando usually has one in February. Thats pretty far out, maybe we could plan for that one. Schwab runs some excellent meets and usually there are some ridiculously strong guys there.

Hercules
10-03-10, 10:22 pm
The APF in Orlando usually has one in February. Thats pretty far out, maybe we could plan for that one. Schwab runs some excellent meets and usually there are some ridiculously strong guys there.

Not a bad idea. We could put together a team...???

Cstlfx
10-04-10, 11:24 pm
Not a bad idea. We could put together a team...???

That would be pretty kick ass if everyone could go. I think it takes at least 5 to field a team.

J Wong
10-04-10, 11:30 pm
I am not too sure if I would be able to enter in as a team if I were ever to do an APF meet because the guys I train with usually compete as a team at the APF meets around here and it would be kinda weird if I was like "...umm I'm not on your team" haha

^^run on sentence for the win...my high school English teacher would not be proud

Hercules
10-05-10, 8:08 am
^^run on sentence for the win...my high school English teacher would not be proud

Ain't no one gradin' you on your grammar 'round here...

Besides, I'm a Biology teacher; I don't teach English.

MassMonster
10-05-10, 8:24 am
I am not too sure if I would be able to enter in as a team if I were ever to do an APF meet because the guys I train with usually compete as a team at the APF meets around here and it would be kinda weird if I was like "...umm I'm not on your team" haha

ye don't step on any toes man. Besides I'm not ready to be part of a team just yet. starting up has only gotten me a fraction of where i wanna be. I wouldn't wanna be the reason why the team got dragged down because i'm new any way lol

Hercules
10-05-10, 9:49 am
ye don't step on any toes man. Besides I'm not ready to be part of a team just yet. starting up has only gotten me a fraction of where i wanna be. I wouldn't wanna be the reason why the team got dragged down because i'm new any way lol

I agree with not stepping on toes. However, if that team isn't inviting you to be a part of it, then isn't that just as awkward? To enter a meet as a team, there doesn't have to be any further commitment beyond the date of the meet. We could enter as a team and never do it again if you don't want to. Why not try? And we're all pretty much new to powerlifting. I've only done 4 meets. With my squat numbers I'd be the one bringing the team down anyway (my focus will be on squats in summer '11).

J Wong
10-05-10, 1:00 pm
I agree with not stepping on toes. However, if that team isn't inviting you to be a part of it, then isn't that just as awkward? To enter a meet as a team, there doesn't have to be any further commitment beyond the date of the meet. We could enter as a team and never do it again if you don't want to. Why not try? And we're all pretty much new to powerlifting. I've only done 4 meets. With my squat numbers I'd be the one bringing the team down anyway (my focus will be on squats in summer '11).

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but that team does invite me to be apart of it. I was originally supposed to do the Orlando Barbell meet at the end of the month for them, but I ended up committing to the Raw United North American Open instead. And Mass, you would not be stepping on any toes...you had a great first meet.

Hercules
10-05-10, 10:43 pm
boom, I wasn't sure if you were invited to the other team or not. Hell, you'd be a welcome addition to anyone's team.

Hercules
10-05-10, 10:45 pm
Oooooo, look what I got today:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/2000ss1305/P1040541.jpg

That should come in handy for deads with bands tomorrow...

When did everyone else get theirs???

J Wong
10-05-10, 10:46 pm
I see you have a log on bb.com for Agent O Herc, I'll be following along. It's going to be interesting to see how you train since you don't have a log on here!

Hercules
10-05-10, 10:48 pm
I see you have a log on bb.com for Agent O Herc, I'll be following along. It's going to be interesting to see how you train since you don't have a log on here!

True. I should have a 'Journey', but oh well. Maybe I'll start one soon...

J Wong
10-05-10, 10:52 pm
When did everyone else get theirs???

I am sure we all got it today, being in the same area and all, haha.

Hercules
10-06-10, 7:33 am
I am sure we all got it today, being in the same area and all, haha.

Logical, but delivery can depend on the residential area. A friend of mine who used to work for FedEx tried explaining delivery routes to me once and I was lost. Not sure how they figure all that out...

MassMonster
10-06-10, 2:55 pm
Herc's too good to log his stuff here :)

Hercules
10-19-10, 12:40 pm
Things around the FORVM have changed...

Anyway, are you guys keeping up with the Agent O logs? For those of you who have yet to try it, Agent O will be worth the wait...

MassMonster
10-19-10, 2:24 pm
Things around the FORVM have changed...

Anyway, are you guys keeping up with the Agent O logs? For those of you who have yet to try it, Agent O will be worth the wait...

good bro how about you?

Hercules
10-19-10, 7:37 pm
I'm lovin' Agent O. Some guys aren't experiencing the same effects as I am, but I think I'm more sensitive to products containing stims. I've seen a couple logs on BB.com where guys are using 1.5 - 2 packets at once. One packet works well for me. I should be ready for my October 30th meet...

J Wong
10-20-10, 3:58 pm
I'm lovin' Agent O. Some guys aren't experiencing the same effects as I am, but I think I'm more sensitive to products containing stims. I've seen a couple logs on BB.com where guys are using 1.5 - 2 packets at once. One packet works well for me. I should be ready for my October 30th meet...

I tried the two packets today thanks to this post. Way better then one packet.

Hercules
10-21-10, 8:40 am
I tried the two packets today thanks to this post. Way better then one packet.

I saw your log. Glad that worked better for you.

DEADn
10-25-10, 1:19 pm
I have one of your students in my stats class at PSC. He is Indian descent. Says he is applying to MIT. In talking to him he said he has you as a teacher for AP Biology. He is a very smart kid but I don't know his name. He is a senior and apparenly lives on the north side of town.

J Wong
10-30-10, 9:36 am
Good luck today herc!

Hercules
10-30-10, 10:58 am
I have one of your students in my stats class at PSC. He is Indian descent. Says he is applying to MIT. In talking to him he said he has you as a teacher for AP Biology. He is a very smart kid but I don't know his name. He is a senior and apparenly lives on the north side of town.

I think its Jonathan. He's a good kid.

Hercules
10-30-10, 11:00 am
Good luck today herc!

Thanks! I weighed in yesterday afternoon at 240.5lbs. It'll be the heaviest I've ever competed so I'm hoping that helps my lifts.

Hercules
10-30-10, 4:16 pm
Just got back from my meet. I did deadlift only. There weren't many people there at all - only 13 deadlifters total. The flight went quick - too quick - so I'm glad I picked a light opener. I hit 525 and immediately jumped to 610 on my 2nd attempt. I hit it with 2 white lights (when I saw the video it looked like I hitched a little with the bar mid-thigh so that explains the red light). That's a new WABDL 242 Class 1 State record. I didn't take my 3rd lift because it felt like my eyeballs were about to explode. I was fired up but 610 was all I had in me today. It got me a State record and best overall lifter. That was a meet PR and overall PR for me, too. Next up: 630...

As a side note: I did take Agent O today. That stuff makes you grow a pair and lift the impossible - at least that's how it affects me, anyway. I love the 'O'..

J Wong
10-31-10, 7:27 pm
Good job on breaking 600 Herc!

J Wong
11-03-10, 11:15 am
Herc, did you see that we are getting round two of Agent O?

Hercules
11-03-10, 12:06 pm
Herc, did you see that we are getting round two of Agent O?

Yep, just saw that. Wonder how the flavor will change...?

Hercules
11-03-10, 1:31 pm
Another ABC member testing Agent O! Round 2 - here we go!!!

Cstlfx
11-03-10, 1:32 pm
Another ABC member testing Agent O! Round 2 - here we go!!!

Thank you Herc! I have to play catch up now that you guys have a head start!! But, from what I've seen from your guys log, it will have been worth the wait.

Hercules
11-04-10, 8:50 am
Thank you Herc! I have to play catch up now that you guys have a head start!! But, from what I've seen from your guys log, it will have been worth the wait.

Yes, it is worth the wait. I seemed to respond very well to Agent O, but others needed more than the prescribed dose. Just find what works for you.

MassMonster
11-04-10, 6:15 pm
personally i hope for u it tastes better and has a lil more kick

Hercules
11-06-10, 9:26 pm
Anxiously waitin' on an update, boom...

Hercules
11-07-10, 8:39 pm
boom's totals can be found here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?30839-Boom-s-log&p=1038254&viewfull=1#post1038254
(see post #440)

Cstlfx and MassMonster, we're waiting on you guys! Hope you did well...

Cstlfx
11-07-10, 11:54 pm
boom's totals can be found here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?30839-Boom-s-log&p=1038254&viewfull=1#post1038254
(see post #440)

Cstlfx and MassMonster, we're waiting on you guys! Hope you did well...

I ended the day with 505-365-530 for a 1400 total. Not my best, but I still broke 1400!

Mass and Boom both did excellent today. The Florida boys are getting strong!!

Hercules
11-08-10, 5:01 am
I ended the day with 505-365-530 for a 1400 total. Not my best, but I still broke 1400!

Mass and Boom both did excellent today. The Florida boys are getting strong!!

Great numbers - especially with an ankle that wasn't 100%!!! Awesome work, big man!

MassMonster
11-08-10, 8:09 am
My back was tweaking that morning , but shit if I didnt telll it to stfu and deal... hahaha

weighed in at 209 , lowest ive ever weighed for one of these and the strongest i've ever lifted... hahaha

220 Div. 370/335/500 - 1205 total, didnt miss an attempt was stoked... got some vids of C and Boom as well. those dudes are inspiration at its finest...

Hercules
11-08-10, 8:43 am
Hell yeah, Mass! Nice work! Going 9 for 9 makes for a good day.

Hercules
11-10-10, 5:13 pm
I just received my Agent O today. I'm ready for Round 2...

Cstlfx
11-10-10, 5:15 pm
I just received my Agent O today. I'm ready for Round 2...

Did you get powder and capsules?

Hercules
11-10-10, 7:00 pm
Did you get powder and capsules?

Yes, sir, I did. Not a lot of powder (which I personally liked during the 1st round), but 98 pills. I think I'll try the pills on Friday.

Cstlfx
11-10-10, 8:54 pm
Yes, sir, I did. Not a lot of powder (which I personally liked during the 1st round), but 98 pills. I think I'll try the pills on Friday.

How many pills per serving? I'm quite curious. I only got the powder, but I didnt think Animal was doing anymore packets of powder after they moved Animal Max over to the UN line.

Maybe pills for Animal, bulk powder for UN?

Hercules
11-10-10, 9:38 pm
How many pills per serving? I'm quite curious. I only got the powder, but I didnt think Animal was doing anymore packets of powder after they moved Animal Max over to the UN line.

Maybe pills for Animal, bulk powder for UN?

The directions say 7 pills per serving, but I'll play with that a bit to test the effectiveness. The powder form has an interesting flavor, but I didn't find it too unpleasant. The effect far outweighed the flavor.

You're right, though. The pill form is up Animal's ally. Maybe if they intend on making it a powder it'll go under the Universal label. Who knows at this point...??? All I can tell you is that the shit works and I'll be using it once it becomes available.

Bulldozer57
11-16-10, 10:48 pm
Supp brothers! I'm new to town and new to the forum. I'm tryna get down with the ABC. If someone could help me out let me know how this works and what's going on. That would b great

Hercules
11-17-10, 5:18 am
Supp brothers! I'm new to town and new to the forum. I'm tryna get down with the ABC. If someone could help me out let me know how this works and what's going on. That would b great

You've got mail, sir. Welcome!

Hercules
11-21-10, 3:56 pm
Anyone wanna get together and train in December sometime? With our PL meets all helter-skelter it's difficult to schedule any kind of somewhat-organized ABC Event. I'm thinking Orlando Barbell. What say you???

...And why did BigDubbDiesel disappear?

BigDubbDiesel
11-22-10, 12:09 am
Anyone wanna get together and train in December sometime? With our PL meets all helter-skelter it's difficult to schedule any kind of somewhat-organized ABC Event. I'm thinking Orlando Barbell. What say you???

...And why did BigDubbDiesel disappear?

haha dont call it a comeback, ive been here for years...im absolutely down for another ABC even if its just a few of us...ive been hittin the gym consistently....just havent been on the forvm much....get at me on facebook -Danimal Jackson, Orlando, FL. and my cell is (941) 928-2601 for anyone that wants to give me a shout in the 407 area...downtown metro 24/7 fitness is where i train...hope all is well with everyone -Dubb

Hercules
11-22-10, 10:04 am
haha dont call it a comeback, ive been here for years...im absolutely down for another ABC even if its just a few of us...ive been hittin the gym consistently....just havent been on the forvm much....get at me on facebook -Danimal Jackson, Orlando, FL. and my cell is (941) 928-2601 for anyone that wants to give me a shout in the 407 area...downtown metro 24/7 fitness is where i train...hope all is well with everyone -Dubb

Hey, Stranger! Just saw that you hadn't logged on in a while. Professor is over at UCF now.

BigDubbDiesel
11-23-10, 2:38 pm
Hey, Stranger! Just saw that you hadn't logged on in a while. Professor is over at UCF now.

nice, UCF has a really nice facility, but its usually fuckin packed during the week...tell him to give me a shout, id love to train with a fellow animal in orlando, shit you guys should take a trip up here too...hope all you guys have been killin it...thanksgiving is here, time to get big!

MassMonster
12-04-10, 4:14 pm
i might end up moving to orlando by the end of the summer for school .... any good boxing gyms over there? lol

J Wong
12-05-10, 1:20 am
i might end up moving to orlando by the end of the summer for school .... any good boxing gyms over there? lol

Check out American Top Team. It's an MMA gym, but they have everything.

Fricano
12-07-10, 7:30 pm
I'm going to be in the orlando area for a couple of days for christmas with the family. Still want to hit the gym. Anybody know of good one near Universal Studios?

Hercules
12-07-10, 8:28 pm
I'm going to be in the orlando area for a couple of days for christmas with the family. Still want to hit the gym. Anybody know of good one near Universal Studios?

There's got to be something near there, but most of the gyms I personally know about are a few miles east of Universal. How far are you willing to travel? To hit a real gym without neon and $12 post workout smoothies you may have to drive 20-30 minutes...

Cstlfx
12-08-10, 12:43 am
UPF is around Universal Studios. I think its only 10 minutes away. They have to be somewhat decent for RAW United to use them for a meet. There website is www.upforlando.com if you want to check it out and see if its to your liking. They can be all bad, they have a deadlift platform!

Hercules
12-16-10, 4:43 pm
Anyone planning on lifting in the Beau Moore Classic in late March??? I'm thinking about it...

Hercules
12-25-10, 1:41 pm
Merry Christmas!!!

DEADn
12-26-10, 10:49 am
I think that my hernia may be healing. I have been doing the over the door traction for the past month or so. I noticed this week that I don't have much pain,if any at all, this week. I have also been drinking something called 'Green Vibrance'. Not sure if this is helping with it at all. I have begun to play with some weights that work the shoulders to see if I experience any pain. These included arnold press DB's and front miltary press. I will continue to do this for a couple of weeks to see what happens.

On another note, I was at Westfield Mall on Wednesday? Eating at the California pizza kitchen and I noticed a guy walking out of the mall with a red Animal SHIRT on. I was tempted to go talk to him but I didn't since I had my wife and mother n law with me at the time. I didn't recognize him when a past ABC but then again I haven't been to one in over a year.

MassMonster
12-26-10, 1:46 pm
theres alot of guys who have them these days... unfortunately most of them dont come to the forum nor care to ... i hope its not the case here, that it actually was one of ours.

J Wong
12-26-10, 3:31 pm
Hope all you guys had a good Christmas!

Hercules
12-26-10, 10:27 pm
I got a couple new t-shirts to train in. Most people think I'm still an XL; if I wore XL clothes it'd look like I shopped at Baby Gap or something. I say they're to train in because I'm going to have to rip the sleeves off for 'em to fit. I also got a giant bar of dark chocolate with almonds - great for bulking (once I eat that my XXL shirts may not fit anymore either!). Santa also brought a few DVDs and and a bottle of gun oil for the new shotgun I got on Thanksgiving.

My 8 year old daughter lives with me now (she was removed from her mother's home in April by the DCF and placed with me) so I am very thankful she is here this Christmas and holiday season. That, to me, is the best present of all.

TheWolf
12-26-10, 10:34 pm
I got a couple new t-shirts to train in. Most people think I'm still an XL; if I wore XL clothes it'd look like I shopped at Baby Gap or something. I say they're to train in because I'm going to have to rip the sleeves off for 'em to fit. I also got a giant bar of dark chocolate with almonds - great for bulking (once I eat that my XXL shirts may not fit anymore either!). Santa also brought a few DVDs and and a bottle of gun oil for the new shotgun I got on Thanksgiving.

My 8 year old daughter lives with me now (she was removed from her mother's home in April by the DCF and placed with me) so I am very thankful she is here this Christmas and holiday season. That, to me, is the best present of all.

Nice, nice! For the same reason of people buying you shirts and getting the wrong size is why I got giftcards! I'm in Orlando for a few more days. What gym do you train at, I was looking for a few gyms besides the normal Golds on Turkey Lake I train at when I'm in town.

Happy Holidays!

Hercules
12-27-10, 12:09 am
Nice, nice! For the same reason of people buying you shirts and getting the wrong size is why I got giftcards! I'm in Orlando for a few more days. What gym do you train at, I was looking for a few gyms besides the normal Golds on Turkey Lake I train at when I'm in town.

Happy Holidays!

I'm in Lakeland so I'm not near the Orlando gyms. Cstlfx suggested this gym in the past: http://www.upforlando.com/
Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot if you're close.

Hercules
01-01-11, 12:14 am
Happy New Year, gentlemen!!! I know there's going to be some big things to come (and big numbers put up) in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MassMonster
01-01-11, 1:42 am
Happy New Year, gentlemen!!! I know there's going to be some big things to come (and big numbers put up) in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol same to you but dont expect nu,bers from me this coming yr... im switching it up

Hercules
01-05-11, 8:30 am
Anyone going to the Raw Unity Meet? I'd like to show my support for boom. The info about the meet can be found here: http://www.rawunitymeet.com/

Let me know...

Hercules
01-05-11, 10:35 am
By the way, boom lifts/competes on January 23rd...

MassMonster
01-05-11, 2:57 pm
ill be there, it starts at 9 like usual i presume?

Hercules
01-14-11, 9:44 am
I've been away from the weights for over a week now. I aquired some sort of viral infection that gave me chest congestion and a fever. I haven't been sick in over 10 years and this one just about kicked my ass. I missed 4 days of work and even visited the doctor. I'm back to work today and will be back in the gym this afternoon. I'll be lifting rather light today, but at least I'll be there. I can definitely sympathize for those who say they're too sick to train.

MassMonster
01-14-11, 6:09 pm
lol when i feel sick i try and sweat it out... maybe thats why i usually end up passed out for 12 hrs afterwards... hahahaha glad your back in it herc may you be stronger in your recovery...

Cstlfx
01-16-11, 5:31 pm
Hey guys! I'm back at it. Too many family over during the holidays and my computer has been broken so I've been AWOL. Hope I didnt miss too much.

Boom- I cant make it over to Tampa to see the RUM but you bet your ass I'll be watching over the net. Kick some ass for us who sucked and didnt qualify! Haha

Hercules
01-22-11, 7:24 am
The Raw Unity Meet will be streaming live online. Everyone can watch boom kick some ass on Sunday!

http://rawunitymeet.com/

You'll see some impressive lifting this weekend...

MassMonster
01-22-11, 8:13 am
lemme kno

Hercules
01-22-11, 4:32 pm
lemme kno

I guess lifting begins around 9am. I'll probably be there with Professor shortly after it starts.

MassMonster
01-22-11, 6:18 pm
ill be up there around 10 then... thats usually when our weight class goes

Hercules
01-23-11, 8:43 pm
Here are boom's meet numbers from Raw Unity Meet 4:

Meet Report:

Weighed in at 98.7 kg, so 217.something.

Squats:
551...felt heavy, came forward, almost lost it, but got it
589...total grinder, true ME lift
606...went for a meet PR, thought maybe I was just off on the previous two squats, got stapled

Bench:
330...2 reds, downward motion
330...good lift
352...good lift...a whopping 2 lb PR

Deadlift:
529...good lift
562...good lift ..a whopping 2 lb meet DL PR
578...nope

1503 total

Today was probably the worst day I have ever had lifting. For some reason my squat strength was nonexistent, my final warm up of 505 was even slow. After getting red lighted on my opening bench following my squat disaster, I sort of got panicky and it was just hard to get my head right. Even though I came back on my bench and was able to get something higher then my opener, I was disappointed because in training I did 350 for a pretty easy double and a single recently. Deadlifts went fine, but it just showed I still have lots of work to do on my pull. My warm ups were very off/rushed on the deadlift due to a lack of organization on the meets part but I won't get into that, but I don't think it made a difference. Today was just not my day and I just gotta work harder for next meet and hopefully put it all together. Tonight or tomorrow I plan to reevaluate all my training and stuff to start next week. When I get all the clips I will post a video, it might be a couple days since I'm not exactly too eager to put together a vid right now.

He did an AMAZING job and was very impressive today. Professor and I came out to support him and we're both glad we did. Great job, boom!!!

BigDubbDiesel
01-26-11, 1:09 pm
big props to BOOM...those are still some great numbers bro...

anyway whats the word on the next ABC meet? I'd love to train at a hardcore gym again...I've still been hittin the weights about 5 days a week, focusing more on the bodybuilding side of things...it's kinda nice being one of the biggest guys at the health spa i train at, lol but i'd like to toss some plates with my animal brothers...

havent been on the forvm much, just ordered my military animal pak can/shirt...

weighed in at 216 yesterday...hope everyone has been training hard and eatin big

give me a shout sometime, 941 928 2601...or get at me on facebook....Danimal Jackson Orlando, FL

J Wong
01-27-11, 10:03 pm
Anyone planning on lifting in the Beau Moore Classic in late March??? I'm thinking about it...

I wasn't planning on it... but I am 99% sure I will be lifting at it.

Hercules
01-30-11, 9:29 pm
Just a heads up, fellas...

I'm working on the next ABC Event. I'll keep you posted...

BigDubbDiesel
01-31-11, 9:21 pm
Just a heads up, fellas...

I'm working on the next ABC Event. I'll keep you posted...

sounds good herc

NaturallyPumpd
02-02-11, 12:01 am
Hey herc, remember to let me know what days you're thinking about so we can figure out what we're going to do so I can talk to my guys.

Hercules
02-03-11, 11:13 am
Hey herc, remember to let me know what days you're thinking about so we can figure out what we're going to do so I can talk to my guys.

Go ahead and post what you told me. That way everyone else can decide whether they want to do it or not...

NaturallyPumpd
02-07-11, 2:24 pm
Alright guys....I workout with a large group of guys at my gym and they have formulated a unique style of workouts and routines. Its rather difficult to explain but the idea is to lift as much as you can for how many reps you can. Its a mix of HIIT and Powerlifting. I'll give you guys an example of a workout we did for chest the other day, and well see who all is interested in trying it out for a future ABC. The idea of the following workout is to get through everything as fast as possible but with good form and slow contracted reps, its essentially a massive superset.

Chest:

Incline Hammerstrength press for 100 reps- which I started with 3 plates per side and gradually decreases the weight.
Flat Hammerstrength press 100 reps- same thing with the weight
Decline Hammerstrength press 100- same thing with the weight

So now you guys are probably thinking that is some crazy ass shit or maybe your thinking thats so stupid why bother. Well these guys have there own company which you can find out more information at

http://www.nfelifestyle.com/

These guys are all super cool and willing to help anyone that wants to suffer through a full week of intense training. I have to say I didnt think much of it at first but someones going to get hurt, but its worked out well for me so far. I have actually become a lot stronger and getting bigger all over muscle mass.

C.Coronato
02-10-11, 3:24 pm
Everyone please stop by and check out the Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

BigDubbDiesel
02-14-11, 1:08 am
Alright guys....I workout with a large group of guys at my gym and they have formulated a unique style of workouts and routines. Its rather difficult to explain but the idea is to lift as much as you can for how many reps you can. Its a mix of HIIT and Powerlifting. I'll give you guys an example of a workout we did for chest the other day, and well see who all is interested in trying it out for a future ABC. The idea of the following workout is to get through everything as fast as possible but with good form and slow contracted reps, its essentially a massive superset.

Chest:

Incline Hammerstrength press for 100 reps- which I started with 3 plates per side and gradually decreases the weight.
Flat Hammerstrength press 100 reps- same thing with the weight
Decline Hammerstrength press 100- same thing with the weight

So now you guys are probably thinking that is some crazy ass shit or maybe your thinking thats so stupid why bother. Well these guys have there own company which you can find out more information at

http://www.nfelifestyle.com/

These guys are all super cool and willing to help anyone that wants to suffer through a full week of intense training. I have to say I didnt think much of it at first but someones going to get hurt, but its worked out well for me so far. I have actually become a lot stronger and getting bigger all over muscle mass.

regardless of how/what you guys wanna train, i feel like we need to plan the next ABC and pick a date...as far as spencer's idea, i think im going to pass on that method of training, but id love to crush some heavy bench squat or deadlift next meet, flip some tires, or implement some strongman training....let me know -Dubb

C.Coronato
02-24-11, 1:04 pm
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

MassMonster
03-04-11, 11:05 pm
You boys have been slacking, Whats the word on the ABC event? been checkin in since there was rustling about another, so whats the word boys?

BigDubbDiesel
03-06-11, 11:55 am
You boys have been slacking, Whats the word on the ABC event? been checkin in since there was rustling about another, so whats the word boys?

I'm still waitin for the next meet as well, lets get on it brothers!

Hercules
03-06-11, 9:41 pm
Samples of Rage are here:

http://www.universalnutrition.com/rage

If you haven't tried this stuff yet, DO IT! It's awesome.

The next ABC Event is tentatively planned and awaiting your approval. We're headed back around Orlando-way on April 9th. Check your inbox this week sometime for more details...

Hercules
03-06-11, 9:57 pm
Just want to let you guys know that I was thinking about you last night. That's right, you guys are the men of my dreams... ok, just kidding. I went to BD's Mongolian Grill last night with my wife and 2 year old. I must admit, it is waaay more fun chowing down with the ABC crew. All my wife kept asking me was 'Are you done eating yet?' and 'How many more plates are you gonna get?' Ugh, it got annoying, but I stayed 'til I was satisfied. Wish you guys were there...

MassMonster
03-08-11, 8:22 am
Herc I look up to you as a Mentor ... but theres things you can still keep from us from time to time bud LOL.... any idea what gym we are using this time? is it gunna be debs all american or sumwhere else ... and would any of these places has heavy bags? heheheheh gotta keep up my own training schedule ...

Hercules
03-09-11, 10:05 pm
Herc I look up to you as a Mentor ... but theres things you can still keep from us from time to time bud LOL.... any idea what gym we are using this time? is it gunna be debs all american or sumwhere else ... and would any of these places has heavy bags? heheheheh gotta keep up my own training schedule ...

FYI... Your inbox is full, Mass!

I was trying to work something out that was a bit more complicated than I had originally expected. No big thing. I'll discuss my idea with you guys during the next ABC Event.

As for heavy bags... sorry. You can just use one of the guys doing pullups instead. It'd be more realistic, right?

Hercules
03-09-11, 10:07 pm
Check your inbox. The info can be found here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2011-4-9&c=1

Brian Schwab is looking forward to having us back. Any questions? Let me know...

Cstlfx
03-09-11, 10:22 pm
All right, its a saturday, I dont have anything planned for that weekend, no homework/papers/tests to study for, I'm healthy, no meets or competitions, I'm 99% sure I'm able to make this one for once!!

Mass, I'll bring my gloves too and we can have a sparring session out in the parking lot. I'm sure OBB has insurance for that right? If you have training mitts I'll assist you with those if those could replace a heavy bag.

Hercules
03-09-11, 10:37 pm
It'll be great to train with you again, big man! I have a meet the following weekend, but I'll lift anyway. I won't go crazy, but I'll lift.

And I'd love to see a boxing match between you and Mass. It'd be an ABC first...

MassMonster
03-10-11, 8:14 am
I can pick up some mitts b4 we go and ill bring my gloves and stuff.... day one of being back in business ...

MassMonster
03-10-11, 8:16 am
ih and on that note herc... no its not... lol

BigDubbDiesel
03-10-11, 12:47 pm
im gettin amped, ill be there for sure, sportin my new army green animal shirt....get ready fellas, ill throw some hands too

MassMonster
03-10-11, 1:56 pm
ill bring both sets of gloves then dubb i have 2 pair then sum tko bag gloves...

Hercules
03-16-11, 8:59 am
Anyone else in? I sent a PM to almost 20 people...

MassMonster
03-16-11, 9:52 pm
wat i dont even get a courtesy one? no love man ....

Hercules
03-16-11, 10:43 pm
wat i dont even get a courtesy one? no love man ....

Your inbox was full. I posted it here last week: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?10278-Orlando-Area-(FL)-Animals&p=1082013&viewfull=1#post1082013

See, I got so much love I posted it for you and everyone else to read. But I see how it is - you don't want to read my posts, right? Who is it that has no love...??? ;)

DEADn
03-20-11, 10:44 am
Herc,

When is track season over for H.S.? I want to start some sprinting exercises and have been advised not to do it on concrete but on pavement by some other animals. George Jenkins is much closer to me then LHS but I drive by LHS on the way to work and the way back. I drive by LHS around 3:15pm and usually see the kids out there doing some running.

Hercules
03-20-11, 11:12 am
Herc,

When is track season over for H.S.? I want to start some sprinting exercises and have been advised not to do it on concrete but on pavement by some other animals. George Jenkins is much closer to me then LHS but I drive by LHS on the way to work and the way back. I drive by LHS around 3:15pm and usually see the kids out there doing some running.

I think track is over mid-April, but I'm not entirely sure. The track is usually clear by 4 - 4:30. Football starts up again May 2nd but the track will be OK for you to use even during practice. Lake Bonny Park (across 98 from LHS) has a trail that a lot of people walk/jog. Not sure if it's suitable for sprint work, though.

Hercules
03-26-11, 8:31 am
April 9th is 2 weeks away!!! Get ready!

BigDubbDiesel
03-28-11, 11:30 pm
April 9th is 2 weeks away!!! Get ready!

got some animal rage samples in the mail today...killin chest tomorrow, whats the roll call lookin like for OBB in 2 weeks?

TigerAce01
03-29-11, 1:12 am
When I come down to visit we have to plan something!! You guys can meet my fiancee Lindsey and my beautiful new baby girl!!

Miss lifting with you band of misfits, hope I can do it again sometime.

-Ace

Hercules
03-29-11, 9:15 pm
got some animal rage samples in the mail today...killin chest tomorrow, whats the roll call lookin like for OBB in 2 weeks?

So far looks like the usual suspects. Maybe 7 total?

Hercules
03-29-11, 9:16 pm
When I come down to visit we have to plan something!! You guys can meet my fiancee Lindsey and my beautiful new baby girl!!

Miss lifting with you band of misfits, hope I can do it again sometime.

-Ace

Yeah, man. When are you headed this way again? We'll do some Olympic lifting again...

J Wong
03-31-11, 7:35 am
With season being here and all my work schedule (along with school) has been pretty hectic so I didn't make any promises to be there. WELL, things got a little even more hectic now that the other busser that might have been able to cover my shift got fired for falling asleep behind the counter in the dining room (she took pills that weren't Animal PM). soo, it will be a longshot for me to get there which sucks because I've always wanted to lift at OBB.

TigerAce01
03-31-11, 9:27 am
Yeah, man. When are you headed this way again? We'll do some Olympic lifting again...

Hopefully I'll be living down in FL again soon. I have my job holding me in place up here, but there are a few positions open down there that fit my current qualifications. Linds and I have talked about it and we want to be out of here by year's end.

-Ace

Hercules
03-31-11, 9:30 am
Hopefully I'll be living down in FL again soon. I have my job holding me in place up here, but there are a few positions open down there that fit my current qualifications. Linds and I have talked about it and we want to be out of here by year's end.

-Ace

Awesome. Just do what 's best for the fam.

Hercules
03-31-11, 9:31 am
With season being here and all my work schedule (along with school) has been pretty hectic so I didn't make any promises to be there. WELL, things got a little even more hectic now that the other busser that might have been able to cover my shift got fired for falling asleep behind the counter in the dining room (she took pills that weren't Animal PM). soo, it will be a longshot for me to get there which sucks because I've always wanted to lift at OBB.

You don't have to wait for an ABC Event to roll around. Let me know when you might be free and I'll head to OBB anytime...

Cstlfx
04-01-11, 12:59 am
You don't have to wait for an ABC Event to roll around. Let me know when you might be free and I'll head to OBB anytime...

Same here Boom. I'm in Orlando every tuesday and thursday. and I'm not far any other day. Just send a PM if you're heading up!

Hercules
04-02-11, 4:00 pm
I've missed training wth you guys. Can't wait until next Saturday!!!

FYI... I will be pulling on Saturday. I have one more day of shirt work (Sunday) to get in before my meet the following weekend so I'll have to do pulls at OBB.

Hercules
04-06-11, 12:00 pm
Just a couple more days...

BigDubbDiesel
04-07-11, 12:06 am
Just a couple more days...

hell yeah, im gettin amped...going to bed early friday...lookin to set a new PR on deadlift saturday...so ill be training back, pull ups, deads, rows, and whatever else i can do before i puke or pass out.

Hercules
04-07-11, 12:31 pm
hell yeah, im gettin amped...going to bed early friday...lookin to set a new PR on deadlift saturday...so ill be training back, pull ups, deads, rows, and whatever else i can do before i puke or pass out.

Hell yeah! Now that's the spirit I like to see!

Cstlfx
04-07-11, 10:50 pm
I think I'll be squatting while you guys are deadlifting. Sorry, I cant pass up a monolift. Or their GHR. Going to get in some great leg training on Saturday!!

jaim91
04-08-11, 7:02 am
I'm devastated!

I'm going to be in Miami from the 19-26, and was going to make a pit stop in Orlando to visit some friends from college and see what was doing with you guys. I can't believe I'll be two weeks late for the ABC. SH*T!!!!

Anyway, hope you guys kill it this weekend!

xo
The Token Canadian chick in the Orlando thread

Cstlfx
04-08-11, 7:11 pm
Tomorrow guys!! Cant wait.

Sorry you couldnt make it Canuck! Feel free to stop by OBB anyways :-)

Hercules
04-09-11, 11:22 pm
Thanks to all the guys who came out today to Orlando Barbell for the ABC Event. Pics will be up on Sunday sometime. I didn't lift a whole lot because of next weekend's meet, but I still had a great time. Hell, just the conversations we had while eating mass quantities of meat/BBQ at Keller's was worth the trip over from Lakeland. I truly appreciate your commitment to our ABC Chapter and to the iron scene as a whole.

TigerAce01
04-10-11, 3:46 am
Wish I could have been there guys!! I've actually been having the worst couple of days of my life...came down with a serious flu, went into the hospital to get an IV and the regular stuff...then was having massive pains in my side from puking so much...come to find I seperated 3 ribs. Not lifting for at least a few weeks here...

Any of you guys had seperated ribs before and know how to baby it?

-Ace

Hercules
04-10-11, 4:23 pm
Here you go:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35926-Orlando-area-ABC-Event-4-9-11&p=1096050#post1096050

DEADn
04-10-11, 6:33 pm
Herc
The guns are showing their size since last time I saw you. Solid muscle and no air-right?

I am slowly getting myself back into the groove. I don't know how it is going to take me to get back to where I was. I just have to stay consistent with it and that is a bit tough to do at the moment. Eventually I will catch up with you guys, just not sure when.

J Wong
04-16-11, 7:52 pm
How'd it go herc?

Hercules
04-18-11, 9:48 am
Herc
The guns are showing their size since last time I saw you. Solid muscle and no air-right?

I am slowly getting myself back into the groove. I don't know how it is going to take me to get back to where I was. I just have to stay consistent with it and that is a bit tough to do at the moment. Eventually I will catch up with you guys, just not sure when.

Funny thing is I don't train my arms. I'll do some direct tricep work occassionally, but no curls. Wish my quads grew like that...

And you know where I am. I'll train with you any time if we can agree on a time.

Hercules
04-18-11, 9:55 am
How'd it go herc?

Not good for me. Professor did an amazing job. He must have stolen all of my positive energy...

I had some bench shirt issues and blew my 2nd attempt on bench. Lack of confidence in myself led me to attempt a 3rd that was waaaay too light (390). I opened my deads with 525 (too light) and didn't jump to where I wanted to be. I attempted 615 for my 3rd attempt but missed it. I ended up with a 390 bench and 580 dead. That's terrible for me. I should have easily had 1000lb+ total. Next time.

Hercules
04-18-11, 10:39 am
Click here and scroll down to the second set of pictures:

http://www.rawunited.org/

It says what we've been saying all along: "teenage phenomenon". Congrats, boom!

TigerAce01
04-25-11, 5:20 pm
So, I've been interviewing for a really really big job down in Orlando for a couple of weeks. It's been a really stringent process, even taking tests and having several phone interviews.

I just got a phone call about an hour ago, and they offered me the job!!!!! This is HUUUUGE, it's a very big salary increase, and I'll be able to care for my family and then some.

Sooooo, that means I'll also be back down in Florida within the next month...I'm back with the Orlando area ABC!!!!

-Ace

Hercules
04-26-11, 4:29 pm
So, I've been interviewing for a really really big job down in Orlando for a couple of weeks. It's been a really stringent process, even taking tests and having several phone interviews.

I just got a phone call about an hour ago, and they offered me the job!!!!! This is HUUUUGE, it's a very big salary increase, and I'll be able to care for my family and then some.

Sooooo, that means I'll also be back down in Florida within the next month...I'm back with the Orlando area ABC!!!!

-Ace

That is awesome! With the economy being what it is, I'm glad someone is finding some success. We'll get together soon... just let me know when you're back in town.

longhorns_p
05-17-11, 10:20 pm
What's up?! just looking through this thread I didn't realize there was a chapter in Orlando! I live down on the SE coast of Florida but I frequent Lakeland just about every other month. Would be awesome to get in a lifting session at the next ABC

Hercules, are you still a coach @ Lakeland??? Go Dreadnaughts!!!!!!!!!!

TigerAce01
05-17-11, 11:15 pm
I'm back brothers...my job is in Oh-lando, so let's set some shit up...

-Ace

Hercules
05-18-11, 1:03 pm
What's up?! just looking through this thread I didn't realize there was a chapter in Orlando! I live down on the SE coast of Florida but I frequent Lakeland just about every other month. Would be awesome to get in a lifting session at the next ABC

Hercules, are you still a coach @ Lakeland??? Go Dreadnaughts!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man. Yes, I'm still coaching at Lakeland High. I'm always down for any kind of lifting. Just let me know when you're in Lakeland and we can get together. Next ABC Event may be late June - more details coming soon...

Hercules
05-18-11, 1:04 pm
I'm back brothers...my job is in Oh-lando, so let's set some shit up...

-Ace

Glad you're back! We'll get something going soon...

longhorns_p
05-24-11, 11:05 pm
Hey man. Yes, I'm still coaching at Lakeland High. I'm always down for any kind of lifting. Just let me know when you're in Lakeland and we can get together. Next ABC Event may be late June - more details coming soon...

Crazy, small world. I went to school there and played golf. Golf and football dominated back then. I assume they're both still going strong ?

Definitely interested in that next lifting session. I go back pretty often so it would be cool to meet up and lift with you guys

Hercules
05-28-11, 12:40 am
Crazy, small world. I went to school there and played golf. Golf and football dominated back then. I assume they're both still going strong ?

Definitely interested in that next lifting session. I go back pretty often so it would be cool to meet up and lift with you guys

Baseball just went to the state finals and volleyball made it at the beginning of the year. We were in the final 4 for 5A football. Girl's tennis did an amazing job this year, too. We have some incredible athletes.

Oh, and FYI... we beat Lakewood High School tonight in our spring football game 50-14.

If you ever get the chance to stop by LHS, ask for Coach Bennett. Someone will know where I am...

Hercules
06-01-11, 7:43 am
The next ABC Event is in the works. Anyone up for a strongman challenge???

TigerAce01
06-01-11, 11:51 am

Never done strongman, but I'm up for it haha

-Ace

Cstlfx
06-02-11, 12:43 pm
All depends on how soon it is. My ankle recovery is going well, but I'm definitely not near 100% yet.

J Wong
06-02-11, 7:59 pm
Hopefully I can make this one. If it's Strongman... does that mean Deb's Gym?

Herc, Professor...only one more week!!

Hercules
06-13-11, 9:56 pm
Here's how the R.A.W. United UPF Challenge held on June 11th in Orlando ended up:

Meet Report:

Squat:

575..easy
615..easy
640..kind of easy, but got 2 reds on depth. It was close and lots of people came up to me saying it was good. I got one red from the side and one from the front. Oh well...next time

Bench:

All pretty easy, I left some weight on the platform for sure.

Deadlift:

1630 @ 242 (weighed in at 241.2)

Pretty good day today... would have been perfect if I went 9/9 and got 1655.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfmv-VBa8ow

6/11/11
RAW United Meet
Bench
295X1
330X1 (Meet PR)
345X1 (Meet PR)

Deads
495X1
565X1 (Meet PR) (Broke Raw United State Record)
585X0 (Couldn't lock it out)

Although I'm not happy I missed the 585 pull, I can't complain with the overall results. I set a 40 lb meet PR on bench, and a 10 lb PR on deads. I took 1.25 scoops of Rage before each lift. I felt great before my pressing, but I was definitely a little tired going into my pulls. All in all, not too bad for my second meet.

I didn't do as well as I wanted to. My lifts were:

Bench
385 - easy opener
405 - felt good but struggled with the lockout for some reason but not too bad
415 - felt lighter than expected but couldn't hit it

Deads
545 - easy
600 - got it up but I threw my hips forward and it knocked me off balance; walked backwards with 600lbs in my hands - no lift
600 - not hard at all, should have gone 610-615

I ended with 1005 total for my push-pull. Next meet will definitely be better.

A HUGE congrats to boom and Professor - they both had a phenomenal day. It was a pleasure just watching you guys lift. Great job!

J Wong
07-08-11, 10:57 pm
http://rawunited.org/records.php

2 of us on the page!

MassMonster
07-17-11, 2:55 pm

u up for loosing then? lol just bustin on ye big man... hopefully i can make it whenever u post this one...funds are bottom of the barrel atm...

jaim91
07-18-11, 6:53 am
Congrats boom and Herc for the RAW lift you did!!! Even though you didnt think you did as well as you could, they were still really impressive.

I'm prepping for a bodybuilding show in NY in Oct (hopefully this time is works, lol), and am
Planning on coming south to Orlando, daytona and Miami around November. Looking forward to hooking up with all of you again!

In the meantime, I'm still lurking :)

BigDubbDiesel
07-18-11, 12:05 pm
Congrats boom and Herc for the RAW lift you did!!! Even though you didnt think you did as well as you could, they were still really impressive.

I'm prepping for a bodybuilding show in NY in Oct (hopefully this time is works, lol), and am
Planning on coming south to Orlando, daytona and Miami around November. Looking forward to hooking up with all of you again!

In the meantime, I'm still lurking :)

Jaim! definitely holla atcha boys when you get down this way.....im never on this forvm anymore, but I am still holdin it down in orlando, finally up to 220lbs, liftin steady about 5 days per week, law school starts august 15th, but my weekends are still free to toss some plates (or tires) around....again feel free to shoot me a text 941 928 2601 or hit me up on facebook [Danimal Jackson, Orlando, FL]....be easy brothers

shortstack
08-24-11, 8:31 pm
Hey Brothers, I'm going to be around the Orlando area sept 4-10 and will most likely need to find a gym. I'll let you guys know where I'll be and maybe you guys can get me some ideas of where to go. I'd love to hook up sometime in the am but I'll see what's going on.

thanks Brothers,

Jeremy

BigDubbDiesel
09-08-11, 4:52 pm
Hey Brothers, I'm going to be around the Orlando area sept 4-10 and will most likely need to find a gym. I'll let you guys know where I'll be and maybe you guys can get me some ideas of where to go. I'd love to hook up sometime in the am but I'll see what's going on.

thanks Brothers,

Jeremy

bro depending on where youre going to be, check out orlandobarbell.com in oviedo, or if youre near altamonte you can lift for free at least once at my gym metro25/7...let me know. -Dubb

MassMonster
09-17-11, 9:37 pm
Anyone down for training next weekend? tell me the place and im there

Gino
01-24-12, 9:26 am
Hey guys I live around the Tampa bay area but this seems to be the only active site still left for ABC Florida. Anyway im new to the forum but not knew to lifting. Been doing it for a while now, and when I say while I don't mean six months. I mean since I was 16 and first picked up a barbell. If anyone is ever near Tampa area (more specifically North Pinellas) let me know if u need a partner. Since I left active duty military im now a full time student so my time is somewhat flexible. Also plans are to be heading up to the Arnold Classic this year. So if anyone from FL is too that would be awesome. Look forward to getting some good insight from long time lifters in the sunshine state. Damn this 80 degree weather in January! hahahaha

BigDubbDiesel
01-28-12, 8:17 pm
Yeah bro MassMonster is in Tampa and I just moved back to sarasota, we should get another ABC meet in the works.

Hey guys I live around the Tampa bay area but this seems to be the only active site still left for ABC Florida. Anyway im new to the forum but not knew to lifting. Been doing it for a while now, and when I say while I don't mean six months. I mean since I was 16 and first picked up a barbell. If anyone is ever near Tampa area (more specifically North Pinellas) let me know if u need a partner. Since I left active duty military im now a full time student so my time is somewhat flexible. Also plans are to be heading up to the Arnold Classic this year. So if anyone from FL is too that would be awesome. Look forward to getting some good insight from long time lifters in the sunshine state. Damn this 80 degree weather in January! hahahaha

jaim91
01-29-12, 5:00 am
I'll be in Fort LAuderdale this week....

Wish I was closer! Sounds like there needs to be another infusion of estrogen , lol

BigDubb, we're going to meet up one of these days!

TigerAce01
01-29-12, 10:34 am
I'll be in Fort LAuderdale this week....

Wish I was closer! Sounds like there needs to be another infusion of estrogen , lol

BigDubb, we're going to meet up one of these days!

Careful, these FL girls don't like when another lady steals the attention!! haha

Saw your article on VPX, that's sick...moving up pretty freakin quick in the world!!

-Ace

jaim91
01-30-12, 9:36 am
Careful, these FL girls don't like when another lady steals the attention!! haha

Saw your article on VPX, that's sick...moving up pretty freakin quick in the world!!

-Ace

I'm practically one of the FL girls now! Give me some credit.

I just need to be closer to Orlando more.

Thanks for reading!!! There'll be more to come!

TigerAce01
01-30-12, 10:02 am
I'm practically one of the FL girls now! Give me some credit.

I just need to be closer to Orlando more.

Thanks for reading!!! There'll be more to come!

Just hook me up with some free products when you get sponsored and have an unlimited allowance per month!!!

Ft. Laud is awesome though...not much other than some concerts and Magic games (suuuuuck) happen in OhLando.

-Ace

Gino
01-31-12, 7:32 pm
Yeah bro MassMonster is in Tampa and I just moved back to sarasota, we should get another ABC meet in the works.

Yeah man im down for that

TigerAce01
01-31-12, 7:59 pm
If anyone didn't notice, Spero, the owner of THE GYM, and president of RAW United was mentioned in an article on EliteFTS...

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/iron-brothers/discipline-and-regret/

-Ace

Gino
02-17-12, 3:45 pm
Anyone from FL going up to the Arnold Classic besides me?? Gonna be one hell of a time

DEADn
02-25-12, 4:23 pm
Hello Orlando ABC. We really should have it renamed Central Florida ABC.
I have begun doing what some of your animals have already been doing. Strength training and powerlifting type stuff. In the past it never appealed to me for whatever reason but after coming off of my hernia and losing so much muscle I figured strength training is where I need to begin. I have begun the 5/3/1 method for now. Not sure how long I will stick with it but I will run it for at least several cycles. What methods have you been using to grow your strength?

Vinny G
02-25-12, 5:59 pm
I am competing in Orlando on the weekend of the 27/28 in the IFBB Show of Champions.

Anyone interested in an ABC?

RedlegDbell
02-25-12, 6:01 pm
Hello Orlando ABC. We really should have it renamed Central Florida ABC.
I have begun doing what some of your animals have already been doing. Strength training and powerlifting type stuff. In the past it never appealed to me for whatever reason but after coming off of my hernia and losing so much muscle I figured strength training is where I need to begin. I have begun the 5/3/1 method for now. Not sure how long I will stick with it but I will run it for at least several cycles. What methods have you been using to grow your strength?

Best of luck with the 5/3/1 DEADn. I just started it 2 weeks ago myself. I'm liking it a lot so far but am still working on plotting out my assistance work. I certainly recommend the Kroc rows (1 set of 20-40 reps) which are just brutal.

jaim91
02-26-12, 9:03 am
If anyone didn't notice, Spero, the owner of THE GYM, and president of RAW United was mentioned in an article on EliteFTS...

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/iron-brothers/discipline-and-regret/

-Ace

I remember when we trained at his place! Really really great guy. Deserves the shoutout!

TigerAce01
02-26-12, 9:48 am
I remember when we trained at his place! Really really great guy. Deserves the shoutout!

I can't wait to compete under his banner again...really a guy all us meatheads can look up to.

-Ace

DEADn
02-27-12, 8:22 am
Best of luck with the 5/3/1 DEADn. I just started it 2 weeks ago myself. I'm liking it a lot so far but am still working on plotting out my assistance work. I certainly recommend the Kroc rows (1 set of 20-40 reps) which are just brutal.

I actually didn't think I would like the 5/3/1. I still can't say that I like it but after one cycle my lifts went up. Whether it was from miscalculations or not I don't know. I plan to do several cyles of this to see what happens. I really need to focus on strength. On the volume part, The only aux exercise I am not doing volume on is DB curls. I am doing 5 x 5 because I need stronger arms.

RedlegDbell
02-27-12, 5:35 pm
I actually didn't think I would like the 5/3/1. I still can't say that I like it but after one cycle my lifts went up. Whether it was from miscalculations or not I don't know. I plan to do several cyles of this to see what happens. I really need to focus on strength. On the volume part, The only aux exercise I am not doing volume on is DB curls. I am doing 5 x 5 because I need stronger arms.

Yep. I'm planning on several cycles myself.

DEADn
02-28-12, 5:49 pm
One thing I do like about this 5/3/1 is that I am not spending along time in my gym. I am basically doing 3 exercises and I am done. usually 30 minutes or less.

trainer89
03-06-12, 5:21 pm
I am competing in Orlando on the weekend of the 27/28 in the IFBB Show of Champions.

Anyone interested in an ABC?

I would be interested in training along side you again Vinny. What gym do you have in mind?

trainer89
03-07-12, 2:17 pm
Ok everyone I'm going to try and get an ABC going around the time of the Orlando Europa. It's not for a while now so I'll update later.

DEADn
03-08-12, 4:29 pm
where does a person find out about powerlifting meets? Also, whatever happen to Herc?

TigerAce01
03-08-12, 5:18 pm
where does a person find out about powerlifting meets? Also, whatever happen to Herc?

Powerlifting Watch or just google different federations. I'd do up a RAW United event first because they're cheap and run quickly. Perfect for 1st meets.

-Ace

Gino
03-12-12, 9:36 pm
Ok everyone I'm going to try and get an ABC going around the time of the Orlando Europa. It's not for a while now so I'll update later.

Awesome man keep us posted! Just got back from Columbus and ABC was insane! I got no problem heading to O-town to lift with some good ppl!

Gino
03-22-12, 8:33 pm
The Tampa Pro is the weekend of August 10th-12th...Who's down?!?! ABC perhaps????

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 11:00 pm
Right after my birthday...maybe the wife will allow me a birthday trip to Tampa!

-Ace

DEADn
03-23-12, 7:32 pm
The Tampa Pro is the weekend of August 10th-12th...Who's down?!?! ABC perhaps????

I will probably be on vacation beginning that week. Supposed to go to Longboat Key with some family but not sure if it will be on the weekend. In any case as time goes by depending upon what happens I might be interested in doing an ABC meet up. I don't know about going to the Tampa Pro. I have been to a Bodybuilding competition (to see Ronnie Coleman) and I went to a powerlifting competition at pitbull gym in Tampa and the Powerlifting comp. was much more enjoyable for me.

I will keep an eye out for where the meet up will be, if any, and see if I will have some time to attend. I live about 30-40 minutes from Tampa

I haven't been to an ABC for over 2 years. Last place I attended was Orlando Barbell.

Gino
03-25-12, 9:07 am
I hear ya man. Im just living off the high from the arnold classic ABC. Place was amazing, figured something would be going down in FL.

DEADn
03-25-12, 12:27 pm
Whatever happened to Hercules? I am thinking that family and his job are taking up much of his time.

TigerAce01
03-25-12, 1:10 pm
Blast and Dust brother, sure his priorities lie elsewhere right now.

-Ace

C.Coronato
03-26-12, 9:43 am
Would be great to see Orlando back up and running! Let me know if you need any help fellas.

DEADn
03-26-12, 5:56 pm
Would be great to see Orlando back up and running! Let me know if you need any help fellas.

Really need to rename it Central Florida Animals because in my attendance we have gone from Tampa to Lakeland to Oviedo( Orlando B.C.).

Vinny G
03-27-12, 7:01 am

C.Coronato I put it out there, but got no feed back.

I am competing in ORLANDO april 28.

ABC on Sunday 29th?

DEADn
03-27-12, 7:08 pm
C.Coronato I put it out there, but got no feed back.

I am competing in ORLANDO april 28.

ABC on Sunday 29th?

I will definately not be able to make it to Orlando on that date. I am a solid hour away and that Saturday I will be in Tampa at 98rockfest and most likely will not get home until after midnight. I am not a drinker so I won't get drunk but I will be tried and my ears may be fried as well.

Where in Orlando are you competing?

Vinny G
03-28-12, 5:37 am
http://www.europaexpo.com/events/orlando2012/index.php

drewhoff84
03-30-12, 3:10 pm
Vinny, I'll be there. I'm new to the forum and just finding out about these gatherings. I would really enjoy throwing some weight with a whole group of animals.

Vinny G
03-30-12, 5:55 pm
Vinny, I'll be there. I'm new to the forum and just finding out about these gatherings. I would really enjoy throwing some weight with a whole group of animals.

if anyone can organize an ABC...i'll show up.

drewhoff84
04-02-12, 7:09 pm

Alright.

trainer89
04-08-12, 5:39 pm

I sent you a pm.

Vinny G
04-12-12, 5:59 pm

ok tried LOL

BigDubbDiesel
05-14-12, 8:46 pm
ok tried LOL

haha Damn it would have been an honor to train with Big Vin...I havent been on this shit in months, but I'm always down to train...I'm currently back in Sarasota for the time being, so Muscleworks in Bradenton, All American or Debs in Lakeland, Powerhouse in Tampa, OBB in Orlando....or even Sarasota Barbell will have a grand opening this summer...I've been busy as hell, but you guys don't hesitate to hit me up on facebook -Danimal Jackson Sarasota, FL or shoot me a text 941-928-2601...hope everyone is still killin it...Eat Big and Train Hard. -Dubb

drewhoff84
05-24-12, 9:51 pm
haha Damn it would have been an honor to train with Big Vin...I havent been on this shit in months, but I'm always down to train...I'm currently back in Sarasota for the time being, so Muscleworks in Bradenton, All American or Debs in Lakeland, Powerhouse in Tampa, OBB in Orlando....or even Sarasota Barbell will have a grand opening this summer...I've been busy as hell, but you guys don't hesitate to hit me up on facebook -Danimal Jackson Sarasota, FL or shoot me a text 941-928-2601...hope everyone is still killin it...Eat Big and Train Hard. -Dubb

I'm down for some ABC! Never been to a good gathering. I'm in Webster, close to Leesburg, Lakeland, and Orlando. About an hour away from each one.

Honey Badger
05-25-12, 1:05 pm
Hey bro in two years i will be going to live in Orlando permantly. Maybe when we met we can workout.." Hope seeing you there .."

BigDubbDiesel
08-23-12, 2:24 pm
Hey guys, so Sarasota Barbell just opened up and I'm sure the owners would be more than happy to have us in for a session. Cost will be $5/head and we can grab some bbq and eat big afterwards, I currently live in sarasota, I know Noc is in Tampa and Boom is in Northport, Herc is in lakeland...give me a shout if any of you are interested or give me a ring 941-928-2601 id like to see you brothers again and train like old times! -Dubb

Biggie973
10-01-12, 7:08 pm
I'm gonna be in Disney soon, what hardcore gyms are there near Disney?

DEADn
10-12-12, 12:52 pm
Kind of wish Orlando ABC was rolling. Since I am doing strength training ala 5/3/1 I could use some technique helps. I am guessing Hercules has gotten away from weightlifting or is just spending more time with his family then he is online?
That ABC shirt Animal has going out is HOT yet to get one we gotta have an ABC going. Geez! And I work every other weekend so my weekends can be tight in getting time to lift.

C.Coronato
10-12-12, 2:29 pm
You can certainly get one going bro!

BRIGNAC
10-13-12, 3:39 pm
If you guys get one rolling I can may swing down that way. Its Kind of a ways down there for me since i live in south MS but one of my best friends is going to school down in lakeland. So i will atleast have a place to stay. If it gets set up far enough in advance i should be able to take the time off work to come vacation. Havent seen my boy in awhile anyway so this would be a damn good reason to go.

Titan
10-14-12, 6:37 pm
Anything in the works for am ABC? I havent been on here in a while but would love to get together with some of you guys and lift. If nothing is in the works lets set something up.

OrlandoM93
11-28-12, 9:39 am
Hey fellas, I haven't been on here in ages. I'm talking 08-09. Anyways, I recently decided to stop partying like a mad man and get back into my real passion in life, lifting and body building. How about we set up an event soon for all you guys who still check the website? We may want to plan a little bit in advance for those to check the updates. Also, how is Lakeland for a good spot? I know a lot of guys are in Tampa, and I am in Orlando so this is pretty much right in the middle. I live in East Orlando out by UCF, so if anyone needs a ride, I will be more than happy to scoop you up. Let me know what you all think and it will be an honor to rock the animal shirt with some fellow bros.

DEADn
12-08-12, 3:03 pm
I would be up for that since I live in lakeland. Herc was heading up the Orlando ABC but I haven't heard from him in quite a while. I am thinking family has a part to play there? We did All American Gym and Deb's Gym which are the smaller gyms when we lifted in Lakeland. All American was more roomier but the owner there can be bossy sometimes. I work every other weekend so it gets to be hit and miss for me when being able to go to an ABC event.

BigDubbDiesel
02-02-13, 5:52 pm
I would be up for that since I live in lakeland. Herc was heading up the Orlando ABC but I haven't heard from him in quite a while. I am thinking family has a part to play there? We did All American Gym and Deb's Gym which are the smaller gyms when we lifted in Lakeland. All American was more roomier but the owner there can be bossy sometimes. I work every other weekend so it gets to be hit and miss for me when being able to go to an ABC event.

Whats up DEADn glad to see you back on the grind! I have to admit I dont do the FORVM much these days but im always down to lift. I tried setting up a meet in November with BOOM and HERCULES but it fell through. Sarasota Barbell said they are more than happy to have us and if you havent been before your first time is free. I know the drive sucks from Orlando but Im willing to travel to lakeland as well. If any of you guys are on facebook hit me up

Danimal Jackson Sarasota, FL

LETS DO THIS!!!! -Dubb

PumpinFe
03-06-13, 12:36 pm
Im out of the Golds Gym in St Cloud. Now they would never allow a ABC meeting but maybe Orlando Barbell a powerlifting gym may let us or Power Fitness in Kissimmee. Im new here on the board and would love to meet some of the other members

JHOORNSTRA
03-11-13, 9:34 pm
I guess this is the closest to me...I'm in Leesburg...unfortunately...between the Villages and Orlando...just checkin in...

JHO

DEADn
05-24-13, 10:19 am
Whatever happened to Hercules? Seems he just dropped away from the forum.

I am transitioning from bodybuilding to powerlifting. I know Herc was doing the powerlifting thing and at the time I wasn't into that at all but not my life has going through some changes and have done a flip flop.

Gino
08-25-13, 3:39 pm

Out over in Clearwater. Would love to have an ABC going on anywhere in FL!

DaveM
11-11-13, 8:42 pm
Out over in Clearwater. Would love to have an ABC going on anywhere in FL!

I'm moving down to Clearwater / Tampa area in January, I'd love to find some good gyms and ABC fans to meet up with and train! I'll probably be in bayonet point area first and then figure it out from there, anyone in the area know of any good spots to train? Lets get an ABC going down there!

DEADn
11-21-13, 11:18 am
I cross paths with Herc recently. Dude is BIG. He is training some of the guys at the high school he teaches in. I met him at a gym I was going to for a few months to work on powerlifting.

He didn't say anything about the ABC meet ups. He did say that he has stopped using alot of supplements because he found that they really were not doing alot for him. He just went back to basic food and the only supplement he does take is Animal Pak and Animal Rage. He says he has grown more muscle now. I can tell it because he is looking VERY strong!

Gino
02-02-14, 10:20 am
I'm moving down to Clearwater / Tampa area in January, I'd love to find some good gyms and ABC fans to meet up with and train! I'll probably be in bayonet point area first and then figure it out from there, anyone in the area know of any good spots to train? Lets get an ABC going down there!

The biggest gyms in the area is going to be LA Fitness. Depends on what your looking for. But your options are limited with gyms in the area.

JHOORNSTRA
02-02-14, 10:23 am
I live about an hour or so North of Tampa and after the Arnold is done, we will be having an ABC seminar and lifting expo here somewhere, not sure if it will be in Leesburg, Orlando, or where and who all will be there but one is coming...will post more when it gets closer and details get ironed out...

J Wong
02-02-14, 12:24 pm
I live about an hour or so North of Tampa and after the Arnold is done, we will be having an ABC seminar and lifting expo here somewhere, not sure if it will be in Leesburg, Orlando, or where and who all will be there but one is coming...will post more when it gets closer and details get ironed out...

Awesome! I will try my best to make it.

J Wong
02-17-14, 11:25 pm
Is there anyone here around Southwest Florida? Sarasota/Bradenton/Brandon/Venice/Tampa area...or even Fort Myers? I know a gym in Sarasota that would more than likely allow us to have an ABC event.

Gino
02-18-14, 5:17 pm
Is there anyone here around Southwest Florida? Sarasota/Bradenton/Brandon/Venice/Tampa area...or even Fort Myers? I know a gym in Sarasota that would more than likely allow us to have an ABC event.

Yeah man I'm over in Clearwater. So Sarasota ain't bad at all. Been some talk about an ABC event after the Arnold. Wish I could make that one again. Went two years ago and was epic! Actually to anyone who is going I'm trying to get some new gear.

J Wong
03-03-14, 9:04 pm
Alright, let's get something going here for the month of April or May.

I would like to get a minimum of 10 people to commit and I will work on getting a gym set up. Jeremy Hoornstra and I spoke about this at the Arnold and we agreed to work together to get some Florida ABCs going.

If you want to bring a training partner or friend, have them sign up here at the forvm and get in on this thread.

Who's in?

Gino
03-04-14, 7:27 pm
Alright, let's get something going here for the month of April or May.

I would like to get a minimum of 10 people to commit and I will work on getting a gym set up. Jeremy Hoornstra and I spoke about this at the Arnold and we agreed to work together to get some Florida ABCs going.

If you want to bring a training partner or friend, have them sign up here at the forvm and get in on this thread.

Who's in?

Hell yeah! I'm in! April is a crazy month for me with work and all but I won't pass this up. Keep us in the loop. This was my second year in a row I missed the Arnold so I'm itchin to get to an ABC. Would be awesome to fire up the Florida ABC. Start spreading the word.

DEADn
03-04-14, 7:37 pm
I work every other weekend so whereever it happens, if it isn't too far away and on an off weekend for me I will come.
Ironically when we used to meet most of the guys did powerlifting which I was not into at all. But, last Summer I transitioned over to powerlifting. I have not competed yet. I do some hypertrophy on the assistance exercises but I am concentrating on strength. Would be great to rub shoulders with some other powerlifters.

J Wong
03-19-14, 12:27 am
I work every other weekend so whereever it happens, if it isn't too far away and on an off weekend for me I will come.
Ironically when we used to meet most of the guys did powerlifting which I was not into at all. But, last Summer I transitioned over to powerlifting. I have not competed yet. I do some hypertrophy on the assistance exercises but I am concentrating on strength. Would be great to rub shoulders with some other powerlifters.

It would be a great time. We just need more people!

bigjeff87
03-25-14, 6:00 pm
I'm down, I live in Riverview area and just got on this forum not too long ago.

J Wong
03-25-14, 11:13 pm
I'm down, I live in Riverview area and just got on this forum not too long ago.

Perfect!

Hope we can get something going.

Gino
04-12-14, 7:25 am
Looks like we still aren't getting enough traffic going on here. May is looking good for a gathering. I know some people went up to the Arnold Classic and talk of getting an ABC going here. Regardless if anyone wants to lift let me know. I'm in Clearwater.

J Wong
06-24-14, 12:19 am
Let's try again. If we get enough interest I know I could set one up in Southwest Florida for sure. Sarasota and Fort Myers are definite locations where I can set something up.

XrawXfishX
06-24-14, 1:10 am
I'm from Daytona Beach but would be willing to drive a pretty decent distance to get a good lifting meet in. More bodybuilding for me than powerlifting though.

J Wong
06-25-14, 9:56 am
I'm from Daytona Beach but would be willing to drive a pretty decent distance to get a good lifting meet in. More bodybuilding for me than powerlifting though.

All are welcome! I am sure I can get a Tampa location as well.

Hoornstra...where you at?!

bigbeastjm
07-11-14, 1:09 pm

Great time to get something going on in Tampa would be when the Tampa Pro is going on.....August 7-9.

JHOORNSTRA
07-11-14, 9:57 pm

I talked to a crossfit gym a city or two over from me where I may start training as they're big on powerlifting and have power classes...and they are amped, would have tons there. It's in the eustis, Mr Dora area just trying to get a date, have a few seminars I am giving along with a show tomorrow, end of August, etc.

J Wong
07-12-14, 11:52 am
Great time to get something going on in Tampa would be when the Tampa Pro is going on.....August 7-9.

That sounds like a great idea! I know of a new gym in Tampa..Strong Life Training Facility. I am sure we could get in there as well.