PDA

View Full Version : Wrath's Split

bwatte
09-06-07, 11:49 pm
I have read a lot of post about people saying they were using Wraths split routine and how good it is. Where can I find this, I have been looking all over the place?

Also when I follow a specific routine should I switch it up every 4-6 weeks? And when I do switch up a routine should I change every exercise I am doing for each muscle group, or just bring in a couple new exercises and keep a few of the old ones. Thanks

brandonA
09-06-07, 11:51 pm
BAM!!!

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=307&section

-B

simpleguy
09-07-07, 2:19 am
thanks B, I was also interested in this one

Nightshift
09-07-07, 2:23 am
Me three!

Riesjs
09-07-07, 7:47 pm
....starting the 24th

Cstlfx
09-07-07, 10:29 pm
Wrath wasnt doing squats preparing for his contest? Any reason for this? I'm going to do his leg workout tomorrow, it should be fun.

bwatte
09-07-07, 10:46 pm
Thanks a million, I looked all over for that. Tried typing every thing possible on google too, with no luck. Thanks again

Also, how long would you use this workout for, until switching up the exercises?

king1
09-07-07, 11:24 pm
Theres been threads on this before. I have a picture of Wrath doing full squats, and it says 600 lbs. He might have not doen squats and dl's before the contest to avoid injury, or simply didnt write it. Either way id bet he squats and deadlifts fairly often.

Cstlfx
09-08-07, 12:02 am
Thats what I thought as well. Cause on the Animal Legs, hes cranking them out. I was curious as to why they werent on this routine. You're probably right about the not wanting to injure himself.

MassMonster
09-08-07, 9:46 am
Thats what I thought as well. Cause on the Animal Legs, hes cranking them out. I was curious as to why they werent on this routine. You're probably right about the not wanting to injure himself.

um bro Animal legs was House not wrath...

Cstlfx
09-08-07, 9:49 am
Damn, I'm sorry bout that. Dont know where my mind was.

TehXshizzit
09-25-07, 10:31 pm
i was wondering if anyone can find or have...franks acually routine....not the spilts on the site...but his personal routie....

id be sooo happy if someone had it!!

Maccabee
09-25-07, 11:05 pm
i was wondering if anyone can find or have...franks acually routine....not the spilts on the site...but his personal routie....

id be sooo happy if someone had it!!

I dont think any bodybuilder has a set routine. They always switch things up. Plus he could be training in a specific way to improve his weaknesses. Also, hiw weak points might not be yours. So train in a way to improve your bodyparts and not his...I guess.

Giant Killer
09-25-07, 11:10 pm

Next time search. "Wrath's split" and you could have avoided posting a new thread.

Torque757
09-26-07, 6:32 am
I dont think any bodybuilder has a set routine. They always switch things up. Plus he could be training in a specific way to improve his weaknesses. Also, hiw weak points might not be yours. So train in a way to improve your bodyparts and not his...I guess.

I always thought it was a bad idea to follow pro's routines... And it is... why would you follow someone else's routine, let alone their pre contest routine?

G Diesel
09-26-07, 8:23 am
Wrath wasnt doing squats preparing for his contest? Any reason for this? I'm going to do his leg workout tomorrow, it should be fun.

He's got bad knees, so he squats when they are feeling up to it... Otherwise he just blasts his wheels with whatever movements provide the best stimulation with the least knee issues. Peace, G

staudt
04-09-08, 7:02 pm
does anyone know what his lifting split is I couldn't find it on the site, or is it one of the animal pak programs? Can someone link it to me if they know what it is?

SpecialBlend
04-09-08, 7:14 pm
Enjoy son

staudt
04-09-08, 7:38 pm
Thanks man

staudt
04-09-08, 7:40 pm
I saw him regular flat barbell pressing in a video, was he doing a different split or just doing barbell instead of dumbell?

NickSP
04-09-08, 8:56 pm
A. That was from a while ago, during the earlier stages of the "journey"....people change routines, as they should once in a while
B. May I ask why it matters that much what exactly he's doing?

staudt
04-09-08, 9:04 pm
It doesn't matter at all, I'm just making my own split based off his.

Meat
04-09-08, 9:15 pm
don't cookie cutter his program just cuz hes massive...i know it is tempting but to many people try and do routines that the big dogs do and it does not benefit them...his training is revolved around his body and yours should revolve around yours...if you want to be as big as wrath one day...then start eatin and go to war with some heavy basic compound movements

staudt
04-09-08, 9:21 pm
Yeah man I've been lifting for almost 2 years (im only 16) and basically only done strength splits and low rep high weight programs. I know my body pretty well and I like the basic of his split, I'm just changing it around so I like it more. The main reason I wanna try something like this out isn't because he's huge but I want to test out a high repetition split to see how my body reacts.

staudt
04-09-08, 11:06 pm
Okay I changed it a little bit, how does this look?
Day 2: Back
Deadlifts: 3 sets x 8,6,4 reps
Wide Grips Chins: 4 sets x 10 reps
Barbell Rows: 4 sets x 12-6 reps
T-Bar Rows: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Underhand Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets x 12-10 reps

High Rep Workout

T-Bar Rows: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Underhand Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets x 12-10 reps
x minutes cardio
Crunches: 3 sets x 25-30 reps
Hanging leg raises: 3 sets x 15-20 reps
Side Ab-Machine: 2 sets 25 reps each side

Day 3: Off

Day 4: Legs
Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 20 reps (warm-up)
Squats: 3 sets x 8,6,4 reps
Leg Press: 4 sets x 20-12 reps
Hack Squats: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Stiff-legged Deadlifts: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets x 15-10 reps

Day 5: Delts
Barbell Military Press: 4 sets x 12-6 reps
Seated Side DB Lateral Raises: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Bent Rear Delt Lateral Raises: 4 sets x 12-10 reps
Hammer Strength Machine Press: 3 sets x 12-10 reps
x minutes cardio
DB Shrugs: 4 sets x 12-8 reps

Day 6: Arms
Barbell Curls: 4 sets x 12-6 reps
Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Preacher Machine Curls: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 4 sets x 15-8 reps
Skullcrushers: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Pushdowns: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
x minutes cardio

Day 7: Off

I'm looking to gain size/strength but I'm mostly doing this to test to see how my body works with high reps.

BrotherInArms
04-11-08, 12:30 am
Just a warning:

I love Wrath, I do.
However, let's not get caught up with everything our favorite pros do.

Pick and choose what you like, from whom it is you like, and through trial and error you'll learn what works and what doesn't. I was never one to follow a training program simply because I saw the training split published somewhere.

Weight training and its exercises are like an open buffet -- keep what you like, cast away what you don't.

mikejones1
04-11-08, 12:37 am
some would say after a back workout wait 72 hours before training legs
just thought id throw that out there
but like others said, find what works out for you
dont do a training split a certain way just because someone else did

BrotherInArms
04-11-08, 12:47 am
some would say after a back workout wait 72 hours before training legs
just thought id throw that out there
but like others said, find what works out for you
dont do a training split a certain way just because someone else did

I hear that (waiting between back and legs).
I found that heavy deadlifts got in my way with my squats in days following, so I shifted my back to the beginning of the week.

sanga
04-11-08, 2:37 am
Common sense.

I also think there are too many exercises and so too many overall sets especially on leg day, just my opinion. Also too much on delt day, again just my opinion.

DEADn
04-11-08, 8:01 am
This is just a side note of his arm workout. I have seen his arm workout and noticed his form on the barbell curls. When you watch a guy workout you have a tendency to forget to pay attention to small details and only notice the weights being handled. I have noticed how his elbow stay nearly stationary. Barbell goes down to his thighs and all the way up to nearly touching his chin. Then when he gets to that threshold of stop his pushes out another couple of reps, again keeping the same form. He barely leans back with his shoulders, therefore keeping posture strict and stress on the bi's and working them more effectively.

I have tuned into this because my own bb curls I found myself leaning back too much, I think, towards the end. He does not go fast which tells me I do not need to go fast. Just slow and controlled but it also goes to that mind to the muscle deal as well.

I just thought I would share this. Just something I have learned along the way.

ChandlerXJ
04-11-08, 9:43 am
I personally think some of those workouts are way too much... Keep things simple, heavy, and to the point. Why go in doing 10 things for legs? If you're going heavy enough with good form and you're eating on point, you can do 4 movements and you'll be gold - especially when dieting. More is not better sometimes...

Look at vinny's workouts, look at evans workouts... sometimes evan goes and does 10 sets of deads and calls it a day... gotta keep it simple...

Meat
04-12-08, 1:50 pm
I personally think some of those workouts are way too much... Keep things simple, heavy, and to the point. Why go in doing 10 things for legs? If you're going heavy enough with good form and you're eating on point, you can do 4 movements and you'll be gold - especially when dieting. More is not better sometimes...

Look at vinny's workouts, look at evans workouts... sometimes evan goes and does 10 sets of deads and calls it a day... gotta keep it simple...

exactly...your 16...you are at the beginning of your growing potential...just eat and lift heavy with good form...you will grow like a weed and not waste your time with all the bullshit...take the advice from these guys and save yourself years of trial and error...btw you might THINK that you know your body...however your only 16 so you prob don't know jack...even ask vinny....hes been trainin hard longer than you have been alive and even he will admit that one can never stop learning...your body is constantly changing and so should your knowledge

ryan10
05-03-08, 6:08 pm
Hey guys, does anyone have frank mcgraths routine? i found it a few weeks ago, but i can not seem to find it anymore.
thanks

sanga
05-03-08, 6:25 pm

Joe_clay
05-04-08, 10:31 am
think i might give this routine a go, although will prob have to change some things due to lack of equipment at my gym!!!! so annoying!!!

calcaneous
05-04-08, 11:17 pm
think i might give this routine a go, although will prob have to change some things due to lack of equipment at my gym!!!! so annoying!!!

i like his arm day routine. its nice simple and to the point. i might throw in some forearms though.

Joe_clay
05-05-08, 6:58 am
i like his arm day routine. its nice simple and to the point. i might throw in some forearms though.

Yeah i was thinking the same, also had to change some of the leg exercises due to my gym being shit.

Wonder why he chose incline barbell and flat dumbbell bench, i do it the other way round. Then again im sure he knows better than me! Ha

BackRowBack
05-05-08, 12:38 pm
Wonder why he chose incline barbell and flat dumbbell bench, i do it the other way round. Then again im sure he knows better than me! Ha

Can't speak for him for sure, but alot of people are shying away from flat BB bench as it puts the shoulder joints in an unnatural and potentially dangerous position. Flat DBs allow for a more natural range of motion. Also it could be directed towards developing a lagging upper chest.

Joe_clay
05-05-08, 1:51 pm
Can't speak for him for sure, but alot of people are shying away from flat BB bench as it puts the shoulder joints in an unnatural and potentially dangerous position. Flat DBs allow for a more natural range of motion. Also it could be directed towards developing a lagging upper chest.

Yeah good point, did the first day of this workout today, which was chest day. did some flat barbells just to warm up, really light. Definately felt better doin incline barbell and flat DB, maybe thats because im used to doing the opposite but we will see.

Meat
05-05-08, 8:39 pm
havnt done flat BB bench in more than a year...it locks your shoulder into position and puts too much stress on your joints...it personally kills my shoulders...also...there are a countless number of accounts with people tearing their pecs with this exercise...i persoanlly feel it is not worth the risk..there are so many other better options for chest than flat BB bench

dyskee
11-27-08, 6:26 pm
hey guys , its been a long time since i've been here .

so my training really got stale and i was looking at wrath's split from the old journey the other day, i fancy some higher rep work as my elbows and knees got beaten from heavy squatting and pressing. any of the oldtimers here done it? did u feel it was ok or cut back on the volume a little?

MVP
11-30-08, 12:10 am
What are your goals?

What's your nutrition?

prowrestler
11-30-08, 12:11 pm
What are your goals?

What's your nutrition?

x2

any program will work fro an amount of time. you gotta give it a go and see hwta works for ya.

i do not give a fuck if that works for frank, if it works for him, doesnt mean it will work for me, for you or for anyone else.

thats where we gotta play lab rat. go out there and experiment with different styles fo training.

mritter3
11-30-08, 9:48 pm
agreed man, just gotta use what works for you, and when it becomes stale move on to the next one.

NAZ
11-16-09, 2:13 pm
would this be a good split if i reverse the rep scheme from low to high?

In Flames
11-25-09, 12:49 pm
I personally think it's way too much volume. I prefer Rage's Mass Workout routine. It's basic and straight to the point, 2 sets per each exercise, hard and heavy and only 6 sets per muscle group. Hit the weights hard on those 2 sets and you don't need set 3 or set 4. People just do a lot of sets because their fav. pro does. Focus on adding weight to that bar or dumbell. Don't focus on "Today is Chest so I'm going to do 16 sets".

JustRIOT
12-18-09, 8:59 pm
i started using this split and man, am i getting results
i added in a few of some other exercises here such as da lateral rows on my back days and some other machiens they have at the gym... that way i mix it up and bring in a variety of workout for my muscles...
long story short, this split helps me focus on specific parts each day...

NaturalTrainee
01-03-10, 4:11 am
I personally think it's way too much volume. I prefer Rage's Mass Workout routine. It's basic and straight to the point, 2 sets per each exercise, hard and heavy and only 6 sets per muscle group. Hit the weights hard on those 2 sets and you don't need set 3 or set 4. People just do a lot of sets because their fav. pro does. Focus on adding weight to that bar or dumbell. Don't focus on "Today is Chest so I'm going to do 16 sets".

This is so true bro, higher intensity is just so effective that I wasn't even able to ensure my second set. But it seems to me it's most effective when altered with periods of higher volume.

In Flames
01-04-10, 5:01 pm
This is so true bro, higher intensity is just so effective that I wasn't even able to ensure my second set. But it seems to me it's most effective when altered with periods of higher volume.

Check out one of the Animal Pros routine, Rages.

RAGE’S MASS ROUTINE

Day 1 - Arms

Tricep pushdowns 2 x 10
Partial Dips weighted 2 x 10
Dumbell Tricep Ext 2 x 10
Incline Dumbell curls 2 x 10
Hammer Curls 2 x 10
Cable Curls 2 x 10
Abs

Day 2 – Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Leg Extension-pre-exhaust 3 x 40/30/20
Leg Press 3 x 15
Squats 2 x 10
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10
Standing Leg Curls 2 x 10

Day 3 – Chest and Shoulders

Barbell Press 2 x 10
Incline Dumbell Press 2 x 10
Smith Neck Press 2 x 10
Smith Military Press 2 x 10
Dumbell Shoulder Press 2 x 10
Side Laterals 2 x 10

Day 4 – Back, Traps, Rear Delts and Calves

T Bar Rows 2 x 10
Dumbbell Rows on Incline 2 x 10
Wide Grip Pull Downs 2 x 10
Bent Laterals 2 x 10
Barbell Shrugs-Heavier each set 3 x 20
Calf Extensions 3 x 15
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Basic and straight to the effing point!

NaturalTrainee
01-05-10, 7:09 am
Rage always creates excellent routines for us humans. Nice one bro!

The_Legacy
01-05-10, 4:03 pm
nice solid workout there

G Diesel
01-05-10, 5:10 pm
For the record, I don't know any advanced bodybuilder that ever does the same workout 2 weeks in a row. "Splits" are just sample templates suitable to suggest how to structure a workout and to stimulate your own ideas and personal interpretations.

Peace, G

NaturalTrainee
01-06-10, 5:12 am
For the record, I don't know any advanced bodybuilder that ever does the same workout 2 weeks in a row. "Splits" are just sample templates suitable to suggest how to structure a workout and to stimulate your own ideas and personal interpretations.

Peace, G

I, no offense, disagree. I believe some principals and a base would trigger muscle growth to any individual. Overload, progression, intensity would force the muscle to grow in 99% of this planet's population. The other 1% will be genetically gifted so no matter how unorthodox the training method they will grow, plain and simple.

Goliathus
01-06-10, 8:48 am
Technically, even the routines that include the same excercises are different, no matter what.
It is impossible to set a workout as a controlled variable.
It will ALWAYS be different

G Diesel
01-06-10, 9:09 am
I, no offense, disagree. I believe some principals and a base would trigger muscle growth to any individual. Overload, progression, intensity would force the muscle to grow in 99% of this planet's population. The other 1% will be genetically gifted so no matter how unorthodox the training method they will grow, plain and simple.

Perhaps I was unclear, my point is that the 1% you speak of rarely ever do the same workout twice and that their routines when published or printed or posted aren't meant to be followed to the letter of the law but instead serve as an example of how a workout could be structured.

Peace, G

The_Legacy
01-06-10, 4:42 pm
Technically, even the routines that include the same excercises are different, no matter what.
It is impossible to set a workout as a controlled variable.
It will ALWAYS be different

so true. i've never done what i thought i was going to do coming into the gym, you have an idea, but it always changes due to the circumstances.

Ardent
01-06-10, 10:18 pm
Been doin wraths split going on a week now . .. .heres my wrath wannabe forearm pose. Its all due to the wrath split before it not one vein!!!! =)
http://yfrog.com/jcphoto236j

NaturalTrainee
01-08-10, 5:31 am
Been doin wraths split going on a week now . .. .heres my wrath wannabe forearm pose. Its all due to the wrath split before it not one vein!!!! =)
http://yfrog.com/jcphoto236j

Once the pump left(after 20 minutes at the most) how smaller were they?

Goliathus
01-08-10, 7:45 am
I tried his split for a week...
It didn't hit the areas I needed work on:(
and the exercises it had, it seemed I wasn't getting enough

and I gotta say, sick ass forearm

Ardent
01-08-10, 1:15 pm
Once the pump left(after 20 minutes at the most) how smaller were they?

Still big just not as Veiny. Id like to be that vascular all the time.

Ardent
01-08-10, 1:18 pm
I tried his split for a week...
It didn't hit the areas I needed work on:(
and the exercises it had, it seemed I wasn't getting enough

and I gotta say, sick ass forearm

And thank you sir. Yeah i know a routine should consist of the areas that neeed work on your body and push you to the brink. My problem is i cant stick to a routine for more then a 1 week 5 day split. Every week i change the exercises but keep it at 8-15 reps and 16 sets or so for big body parts sometimes a bit more. Im just trying to find a routine i can stick out for a month. i know muscle confusion is good but for some reason i just want a solid routine to follow for a month.

Goliathus
01-09-10, 5:29 am
I can't stick to a solid split
I mean I have all the generals set in mine, and its fucking solid. No lie
Buttoday...I tried the Leg section from schacks shit, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
I puked. Not once. Twice

Im going to give it a whole week, throwing stuff in there that I know I need work on
I have a pretty solid delt workout that I'm having great results with, and I'm not entirely sure about his.

I like wraths behind the head presses though, Im doing 2x10 of them and 2x10 in front

Ardent
01-09-10, 12:22 pm
I can't stick to a solid split
I mean I have all the generals set in mine, and its fucking solid. No lie
Buttoday...I tried the Leg section from schacks shit, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
I puked. Not once. Twice

Im going to give it a whole week, throwing stuff in there that I know I need work on
I have a pretty solid delt workout that I'm having great results with, and I'm not entirely sure about his.

I like wraths behind the head presses though, Im doing 2x10 of them and 2x10 in front
Thats the way to do it sir! Push your body beyond what the mind thinks the body is capable of! Kudos on the puke =)

Goliathus
01-10-10, 2:20 am
oh it was so awful
My Legs have never hurt this bad in my life, and thats saying something.
I was a sprinter for 8 years, including College

powerman54
01-14-10, 12:02 am
i usually take the weekends off so i did his shoulder workout today my delts are screwed i love it!!!!!!!!!!

Goliathus
01-14-10, 1:25 am
the behind the head presses give me a pretty good pump, I do them my first 2 sets

DA GOVNA
01-16-10, 11:01 pm
Not a bad split but remember no one knows your body and the best way for it to grow but YOU! trial and error brothers

felipelpr
05-19-10, 8:41 pm
solid split! but as the guy above me said, each person has to know the best way to stimulate the body.

I was wondering, anybody knows how's Wraath doing?

alphonse
07-06-10, 6:38 am
I especially like the mentality of Split. Reading it makes me want to see what would be after a while. Only one thing: instead of having people to double the number of cards in hand, could be more balanced sets of each player have the same number of letters, say three or four or even five. However, a great sound card is.

TheWayIFrk
12-20-11, 2:32 pm
Guys, is this some kind of pyramide sets? Since he begins at high reps, and lower them, or do you stay almost the same reps each set?
Which one?
1. 16 rep - 16 rep - 15 rep - 12 rep
2. 16 rep - 12 rep - 10 rep - 8 rep - increase weight every set?

Thanks

Aggression
12-20-11, 2:43 pm

Peace, G

Agreed. What was published is what Wrath did that one particular day/week. The next week's workout would most likely have different exercises and/or even different rep schemes/sets. All these 'splits' are used to help guide the inexperienced lifter. For example, take a look through Ox's thread. Someone asks him what his split looks like in 2010 and he'll give it to you. Ask him again in 2011 and he'll give you something different. Same goes for actual workouts. What he did in 2010 for a chest day won't be the same, down to the exact detail, as he did in 2011. Same principles, but always keeping it fresh.

TheWayIFrk
12-22-11, 7:01 pm
No answers? What a forum

Jay
12-29-11, 8:41 pm
No answers? What a forum

You might want to try posting that question with its own title under the training thread

TheWayIFrk
01-02-12, 3:27 am
You might want to try posting that question with its own title under the training thread

Thanks

TufffGuY
07-26-12, 12:24 pm
Agreed. What was published is what Wrath did that one particular day/week. The next week's workout would most likely have different exercises and/or even different rep schemes/sets. All these 'splits' are used to help guide the inexperienced lifter. For example, take a look through Ox's thread. Someone asks him what his split looks like in 2010 and he'll give it to you. Ask him again in 2011 and he'll give you something different. Same goes for actual workouts. What he did in 2010 for a chest day won't be the same, down to the exact detail, as he did in 2011. Same principles, but always keeping it fresh.

Doing the same workout week after week is just boring anyway, if everyone that was dedicated and a bodybuilder was doing the same workout again and again and never changed anything I promise you there would be a lot less bodybuilders out there for sure..one of my favorite parts about going to the gym is creating my own workout in my head I never plan out any exercises or any reps for that matter. Look at it like this if you keep telling yourself ok im gonna do 12 reps on the cable row and 10 reps on the next set, that weight that your pushing is either gonna feel weak or heavy if it feels weak your only doing 12 reps and cheating yourself from those heard 2-4 more reps that help you grow. If its too heavy and you only get 8 then your still cheating yourself because your only gonna lower the wight for that exercise. Let the body decided what the mind wants to believe.

TufffGuY
07-26-12, 12:27 pm
Guys, is this some kind of pyramide sets? Since he begins at high reps, and lower them, or do you stay almost the same reps each set?
Which one?
1. 16 rep - 16 rep - 15 rep - 12 rep
2. 16 rep - 12 rep - 10 rep - 8 rep - increase weight every set?

Thanks

Don't think about in terms or reps, think about it in terms of weight, instead of 16 reps think 225 lbs, then 245 then 265. Write down how many reps you get for each set and next week start with that weight and go for 2 more reps and add weight...etc