PDA

View Full Version : Wanna learn how to put on mass?

The Lad
09-18-07, 6:55 am
Consistancy is the key with quality foods.........you can't gain size from eating tuna, chicken and eggs 24/7.

Spikes079
09-18-07, 7:05 am
What would you suggest then Lad?

The Lad
09-18-07, 7:37 am
What would you suggest then Lad?

Meat and potatoes......high quality carbs and protein! It kills me when parents come to me and say that their kids are eating tons of tuna, chicken and eggs but can't gain any weight!

sephiroth_31ph
09-18-07, 8:18 am
hey Lad what other food d you suggest we should it? chicken, tuna and egg are my foods every day...i exchange chicken everyother day with meat or a fish...what are the good source of protein that could really put on mass and carbs also? can you name some aside those thing that already mention..tanx Lad..peace

Redman
09-18-07, 8:44 am
I've heard some people say white potatos are a good source of carbs, and other say to hold off on them except for a PWO meal because their structure isn't as favorable as that of oatmeal, sweet potatos or rice. In your opinion, are white potatos something I can eat all day, or should I save them for that PWO meal?

spanish.iron
09-18-07, 8:53 am
I find just eating a lot of everything helps. But yeah meat (doesn't matter what kind) and potatoes will do the trick, but don't forget other things that should be part of a balanced diet. Just eat full meals every 2 hours or so. If your not feeling full then you better be eating something. Try and total your calorie intake at the end of the day. I know that for me 5000+ calories does the trick for mass gain. Others probably don't need as much, I'm a hard gainer. Just make sure your calories are from good foods. THere's a huge difference between bad and good calories. This way your mass gains will consist mostly of muscle and not fat.

-Christian

IRBS
09-18-07, 9:37 am
This is so true.

Ground Beef with pasta and/or Potatos if you want to grow.

You need calories to grow...lots of them. 1 WHOLE can of Tuna = approx 180 cal....you aint gonna grow eating Tuna...

BEEF...IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!!!!!

Oh, and an Oreo or 10 never hurt anybody!!!!

Liftbig21
09-18-07, 6:56 pm
This is so true.

You need calories to grow...lots of them. 1 WHOLE can of Tuna = approx 180 cal....you aint gonna grow eating Tuna...

A FUCKIN MEN!

ground beef and potatoes mixed 2 times a day plus a gainer and other meals...i been puttin on quality weight.

MassMonster
09-18-07, 7:02 pm
tortellini ......cheese pasta beef.... nuff said...

Testpolska
09-18-07, 7:02 pm
This is so true.

I beg to differ. Sure, Its a bumpy road but you can certainly gain on eating egg whites, chicken and tuna. You have to eat much more of these foods than you would say eating red meat. but I don't like people saying you CAN'T because you can, I went from 190 to 215 without any sort of redmeat in my diet.

Where theres a will theres a way. That being said, I'm fuckin sick of chicken, tuna, rice and oats. But you CAN gain from them.

Young&Hungry
09-18-07, 7:05 pm
Red meat, whole eggs, oats, milk, and natural PB are the best bulking foods on the planet - you can't even begin to argue with that.

IRBS
09-18-07, 7:45 pm
I beg to differ. Sure, Its a bumpy road but you can certainly gain on eating egg whites, chicken and tuna. You have to eat much more of these foods than you would say eating red meat. but I don't like people saying you CAN'T because you can, I went from 190 to 215 without any sort of redmeat in my diet.

Where theres a will theres a way. That being said, I'm fuckin sick of chicken, tuna, rice and oats. But you CAN gain from them.

Thats cool bro, but I would rather eat something that tastes good. I eat A LOT of red meat and I have never, ever, ever been sick of it, or potatos for that matter.

I'll take red meat and potatoes over anything, at any meal, any where, any time, LOL!!

Testpolska
09-18-07, 8:10 pm
Oh I agree as well. Red meat is godlike compared to tuna and chicken. But my food is alot like my life. It sucks plain and simple haha.

adidas
09-18-07, 8:12 pm
Consistancy is the key with quality foods.........you can't gain size from eating tuna, chicken and eggs 24/7.

are you reffering to egg whites here?

adidas
09-18-07, 8:19 pm
hey Lad what other food d you suggest we should it? chicken, tuna and egg are my foods every day...i exchange chicken everyother day with meat or a fish...what are the good source of protein that could really put on mass and carbs also? can you name some aside those thing that already mention..tanx Lad..peace

salmon and other hearty fish.
pork
lamb
liver, beef or chicken
whole eggs
whole milk
brewers yeast

as far as carbs go...
the basics work the best for most, but you can get a little creative and use things like:
wheat germ
cream of wheat
grits
corn bread

MELTDOWN
09-18-07, 9:06 pm
Meat and potatoes......high quality carbs and protein! It kills me when parents come to me and say that their kids are eating tons of tuna, chicken and eggs but can't gain any weight!

spot on big man !! food, real food. and lots of it, chip stewart tells EVERYBODY at the gym, "to get big you gotta sh%t big". don't worry about the carbs or calorie count. don't cry in your girlie voice if you eat a whole pizza, 4-6 KFC bowls, 6 biscuits and a gallon of tea works okay too. you gotta fuel the machine to keep it running. feed the muscles to keep 'em growing. the "supplement" with supplements and such. plus, i think there's a reason my gramps and my folks are in the 70's and 80's y/o...they eat real food...all day every day.

Freakshow
09-18-07, 9:47 pm
What the Lad said, lol.

I hate some of these guys who come up to me in the gym and they are like "hey bro, how do you get so big?" and then you tell them, eat, train, eat, sleep, eat, repeat, and they look at you like you are fucking kidding. Later, I see these same dudes at my university's caf. and while they are eating a fucking salad and some hard boiled eggs, I have some chicken, shrimp, potatoes, vegetables, two pink lemonades and a bowl of frozen yogurt. Then one of them comes up to me and says "how do you stay so lean when you eat like that?", and then I told him when I am in the gym I dont bench and do abs everyday to try and bang some sorority chick like they do. One of these guys is now my training partner, the other two dropped out of school after they spent all their time doing situps and doing keg stands. But hey, at least they got a little more ass than I did. Good for them.

Some people will never get it, but the ones that do have the power to truly master their physiques.

Northman
09-18-07, 9:59 pm
pork
lamb
liver, beef or chicken
whole eggs
whole milk
brewers yeast

as far as carbs go...
the basics work the best for most, but you can get a little creative and use things like:
wheat germ
cream of wheat
grits
corn bread

I wouldn't limit the organ meats to just beef and chicken liver, there are a whole host of great things there. I like pork liver, kidney from anything that walks, spleen, stomach, lung... so much to experience. Other good carbs are pot barley, wheat berries, fruits, parsnips, any tuberous veggie, beans... get cooking. Seafood lasagna is a current favorite.

Roland
09-18-07, 10:16 pm
Yea buddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....eating my red meat and mashed potatoes right now, yeah boy, time to grow!

stumblin54
09-18-07, 10:16 pm
Good thread.

Stumblin

T.Alan
09-19-07, 12:35 am
What the Lad said, lol.

I hate some of these guys who come up to me in the gym and they are like "hey bro, how do you get so big?" and then you tell them, eat, train, eat, sleep, eat, repeat, and they look at you like you are fucking kidding. Later, I see these same dudes at my university's caf. and while they are eating a fucking salad and some hard boiled eggs, I have some chicken, shrimp, potatoes, vegetables, two pink lemonades and a bowl of frozen yogurt. Then one of them comes up to me and says "how do you stay so lean when you eat like that?", and then I told him when I am in the gym I dont bench and do abs everyday to try and bang some sorority chick like they do. One of these guys is now my training partner, the other two dropped out of school after they spent all their time doing situps and doing keg stands. But hey, at least they got a little more ass than I did. Good for them.

Some people will never get it, but the ones that do have the power to truly master their physiques.

AMEN! I love it when people attribute it to "Having a big lunch". I love the reaction on their faces when I explain that I'm just getting started.. I still have about 3 more meals and two more protein shakes to go for the day.

Or the co-workers who ask why they're not seeing results but they've been consistently eating cereal every morning and having chicken and veggies for lunch and dinner.

Northman
09-19-07, 12:44 am
AMEN! I love it when people attribute it to "Having a big lunch". I love the reaction on their faces when I explain that I'm just getting started.. I still have about 3 more meals and two more protein shakes to go for the day.

Or the co-workers who ask why they're not seeing results but they've been consistently eating cereal every morning and having chicken and veggies for lunch and dinner.

Educate such people. With all the confusing so-called "facts" and "diets" to follow out there, it's no wonder they are confused.

adidas
09-19-07, 1:31 pm
I wouldn't limit the organ meats to just beef and chicken liver, there are a whole host of great things there. I like pork liver, kidney from anything that walks, spleen, stomach, lung... so much to experience. Other good carbs are pot barley, wheat berries, fruits, parsnips, any tuberous veggie, beans... get cooking. Seafood lasagna is a current favorite.

i would have included other shit like gizzards and calf heart, but i was trying to stick to what "most" local grocery stores carry...
i know a lot of them do not carry the "wierd" stuff...

Naturally Huge
09-19-07, 1:52 pm
It is possible to put on size with clean foods--ya' just have to eat a lot of it. I currently consume 4,000 -4,500 calories a day on clean foods (eggs, chicken, beef, rice, sweet potatoes, oats, etc.) I can actually get in more meals and calories from clean foods than from eating higher fat, bloat-promoting foods.

Wasteland
09-19-07, 1:54 pm
Consistency. Simplicity. Quality. Can't go wrong with that.

Northman
09-19-07, 6:13 pm
i would have included other shit like gizzards and calf heart, but i was trying to stick to what "most" local grocery stores carry...
i know a lot of them do not carry the "wierd" stuff...

I had a feeling you enjoyed that stuff too by your above post. I get a lot of this at the local farmers market, the rest I can get at the grocery store. It changes up the amino content, rather than just beef all the time.

NickSP
09-19-07, 6:50 pm

What about the above mentioned + whole wheat pasta

NickSP
09-19-07, 6:57 pm
as far as carbs go...
wheat germ
cream of wheat
grits
corn bread

CORN BREAD

hott corn bread w/ full pieces of corn....throw on some country music and I could go all day

Hoffdogg
09-19-07, 7:10 pm
CORN BREAD

hott corn bread w/ full pieces of corn....throw on some country music and I could go all dayGet some Jalapeno in there bro...damn good.

Hollow
09-19-07, 7:29 pm
What about the above mentioned + whole wheat pasta

Gotta love that whole wheat pasta and ground beef, chicken or turkey.

adidas
09-19-07, 8:25 pm
I had a feeling you enjoyed that stuff too by your above post. I get a lot of this at the local farmers market, the rest I can get at the grocery store. It changes up the amino content, rather than just beef all the time.

its not just about the aminos for me, but ALL the other health benifits that organ meats provide as well.

SDR
09-19-07, 8:34 pm
got sick of tuna eggs chicken and all that other shit - and decided to start eating beef again...a nice fillet steak twice a week keeps me happy - hell maybe i should eat a peice everyday!

LegendKillerJosh
09-19-07, 9:05 pm
pork
lamb
liver, beef or chicken
whole eggs
whole milk
brewers yeast

as far as carbs go...
wheat germ
cream of wheat
grits
corn bread

Lamb = Hell YES. Lamb is so good. But I need more suggestions for good sources of carbs. I know everyone here preaches yams and oats, and I like rice, but those can't be the only good sources of carbs. I've noticed a lacking part of my diet is good carbs. It usually comes from fruit, gatorade and whole wheat bread, with the occasional oatmeal or potato.

thickasblood
09-19-07, 9:13 pm
Lamb = Hell YES. Lamb is so good. But I need more suggestions for good sources of carbs. I know everyone here preaches yams and oats, and I like rice, but those can't be the only good sources of carbs. I've noticed a lacking part of my diet is good carbs. It usually comes from fruit, gatorade and whole wheat bread, with the occasional oatmeal or potato.

beans
quinoa
pounds of brocolli

NickSP
09-19-07, 10:00 pm

besides the oatmeal, (sweet) potato, (brown) rice....some dark veggies, whole wheat pasta, beans, you said you get some fruit and whole wheat bread. And I hope you're keeping that POWDERED gatorade to pre and post workout...

Giant Killer
09-19-07, 10:03 pm
Hardee's Thickburgers anybody? haha...

Northman
09-19-07, 10:39 pm
its not just about the aminos for me, but ALL the other health benifits that organ meats provide as well.

True, but I sometimes worry that I may be ingesting something toxic in high quantities with all the liver I eat. Do you have any idea how much is safe?

LegendKillerJosh
09-20-07, 8:27 am
besides the oatmeal, (sweet) potato, (brown) rice....some dark veggies, whole wheat pasta, beans, you said you get some fruit and whole wheat bread. And I hope you're keeping that POWDERED gatorade to pre and post workout...

Yeah I only buy the 6 gallon containers of powdered gatorade, in fact I made a whole thread in the diet section about how powdered gatorade is better for you.

The Lad
09-21-07, 12:45 am

All that shits great for getting ready for a show, but if your wanting to put on serious mass you gotta up the carbs and calories with pasta, pizza and icecream! I mean still eat all your other clean foods, but throw some cheat meals in there now and then. Watch yourself grow!!!

The Lad
09-21-07, 12:46 am
I've heard some people say white potatos are a good source of carbs, and other say to hold off on them except for a PWO meal because their structure isn't as favorable as that of oatmeal, sweet potatos or rice. In your opinion, are white potatos something I can eat all day, or should I save them for that PWO meal?

Unless your getting ready for a show, eat em up!

The Lad
09-21-07, 12:48 am
I find just eating a lot of everything helps. But yeah meat (doesn't matter what kind) and potatoes will do the trick, but don't forget other things that should be part of a balanced diet. Just eat full meals every 2 hours or so. If your not feeling full then you better be eating something. Try and total your calorie intake at the end of the day. I know that for me 5000+ calories does the trick for mass gain. Others probably don't need as much, I'm a hard gainer. Just make sure your calories are from good foods. THere's a huge difference between bad and good calories. This way your mass gains will consist mostly of muscle and not fat.

-Christian

Could not have said it better brotha!

The Lad
09-21-07, 12:51 am

Try living on egg whites and watch those numbers go down on the scale!

The Lad
09-21-07, 12:53 am
spot on big man !! food, real food. and lots of it, chip stewart tells EVERYBODY at the gym, "to get big you gotta sh%t big". don't worry about the carbs or calorie count. don't cry in your girlie voice if you eat a whole pizza, 4-6 KFC bowls, 6 biscuits and a gallon of tea works okay too. you gotta fuel the machine to keep it running. feed the muscles to keep 'em growing. the "supplement" with supplements and such. plus, i think there's a reason my gramps and my folks are in the 70's and 80's y/o...they eat real food...all day every day.

Ya gotta eat big to be big!
AND LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SMALL!

king1
09-21-07, 1:41 am
I lost about 20 pounds from working 10 hr days all summer with only a 30 min lunch, so im kinda goin crazy with my foods. 4 eggs, oatmeal, evoo, milk, yogurt, whey before bed, and huge meals every few hours. I know eating clean works, but for me eating everything works better.......Im tryin to repeat my previous bulk, and eating clean comes in at dieting phase. Im not advocating eating crappy food, but tuna isnt as good of a bulker as ground beef, whole eggs, and whole milk.

The Lad
09-21-07, 7:54 pm
I lost about 20 pounds from working 10 hr days all summer with only a 30 min lunch, so im kinda goin crazy with my foods. 4 eggs, oatmeal, evoo, milk, yogurt, whey before bed, and huge meals every few hours. I know eating clean works, but for me eating everything works better.......Im tryin to repeat my previous bulk, and eating clean comes in at dieting phase. Im not advocating eating crappy food, but tuna isnt as good of a bulker as ground beef, whole eggs, and whole milk.

AMEN BRUTHA! Lifes 2 short 2 b normal!

sephiroth_31ph
09-24-07, 4:15 am
All that shits great for getting ready for a show, but if your wanting to put on serious mass you gotta up the carbs and calories with pasta, pizza and icecream! I mean still eat all your other clean foods, but throw some cheat meals in there now and then. Watch yourself grow!!!

so its ok to do a dirty bulking right? pasta, pizza, ice cream and some fastfood? sweet... tanx bro

adidas
09-24-07, 4:33 am
Try living on egg whites and watch those numbers go down on the scale!

i was just making sure you werent referring to whole eggs when you said you cant eat eggs 24/7 and gain...

"6"
09-24-07, 10:42 am
Throwin out the tuna and getting me some ground beef. Great thread.

KENKONG
09-24-07, 11:25 am
great friggin thread. I don't think I could make it more than a couple days without steak, potatoes, pasta - man, I'm hungry!! Anyone eat steak everyday? If not, why?

MickMars
09-24-07, 12:26 pm
Hey Lad,

Great thread. I've been there, trying to bulk up eating super clean and it was definitely not working. Once I started eating more read meat (at least a serving per day) and a lil cheat food here and there, KABOOOOM. Obviously I didn't put on 100% lean mass, but I sure as hell look bigger and I feel stronger. I'll get back to my super clean diet when I start cutting next month.

The Lad
09-24-07, 10:23 pm
i was just making sure you werent referring to whole eggs when you said you cant eat eggs 24/7 and gain...

I spelled out EGG WHITES!

MYKL
09-25-07, 1:55 pm
I train in the morning before rotting in a cubihell all day.

I am right with giant_killer and his Thickburger suggestion.

I like to keep a can of mixed nuts at my desk to constantly stoke the fire all day. At lunch I go with the soft crowd to whatever they feel drawn to that day. Usually that means I'm eating at Carl's (despite advertising claims, the only flat buns at Carl's are on the menu), Jack in the Box, Quizno's, KFC, Panda Express or various local Mexican food establishments. I have found that while on my bulk I can eat almost anything at these slop troughs and my body recovers handsomly. Yesterday I had a Doulble Bacon six dollar burger wrapped in lettuce for lunch. I followed it with my nut mix and my afternoon helping of M-STAK. Dinner was a huge bowl of rice, beans, sour cream and cheese. I always have a shake before bed. This morning my shoulder routine was phenominal and I don't feel bloated at all. To be able to eat and know that my body not only craves a huge amount of fuel but actually uses it is what keeps me training like an animal.

Freakshow
09-25-07, 2:19 pm
Hardee's Thickburgers anybody? haha...

yes please! lol

alecto42
09-25-07, 2:22 pm
so its ok to do a dirty bulking right? pasta, pizza, ice cream and some fastfood? sweet... tanx bro

there's a difference between dirty bulking, and enjoying a cheat meal or 2 a week. Why add all that extra fat in the off-season by eating pizza every other day, or having a meal a day thats just no where near healthy.

Your just going to have to work extra hard to shred that off while cutting down, and although it is increasing the scales, its not going to be increasing the right way in the mirror.

even when bulking i keep my calories in check, and watch my macro nutrients, this way there is no room to guess if i'm gaining muscle or fat when my weight is going up. Slowly but surely wins the race in bodybuilding, this isnt a sprint, its a marathon, and if you take the slow steady approach, it sure as hell beats the fast and resize aproach (Constantly going UP, then DOWN, then UP then DOWN, which also screws with your hormones, but thats for another thread).

adidas
09-25-07, 2:23 pm
I spelled out EGG WHITES!

i was referring to your original post that was all....

this one:

Bus
09-25-07, 10:47 pm
What the Lad said, lol.

Dude, there are so many fucking tool bags in these university gyms...bench and bis every fucking day....then tacos and grilled cheese with a coke for dinner...i wonder sometimes what people are thinkin'

Giant Killer
09-25-07, 11:08 pm
yes please! lol

Ok, if you like that number how 'bout some Chipotle burritos! $1.50 for double steak yeeeeah buddy.

alecto42
09-25-07, 11:12 pm
good off-season meal is yoshinya bowl, iono if you guys have that in ur area, but awesome..

BEEF BOWL FOR THE WIN:
Beef Bowl
Thin juicy slices of USDA choice beef simmered with fresh onions in a special sauce of herbs and spices, heaped on a bed of steaming, fluffy rice

http://www.yoshinoyausa.com/menu.html

MYKL
09-26-07, 11:45 am
I've found Yoshinoya to be extremely salt laden. Like the beef was preserved in salt before they prepared it.

It could just be the branch of the restaurant that is available here.

Perhaps I'll have to try one in a different location. Just to be fair. And because beef bowls do rock.

^_^

Riesjs
09-28-07, 6:02 pm
I swear i buy potateos more than i buy milk.

stumblin54
09-28-07, 11:54 pm
Three double steak Chipotle burritos tonight after pullin' heavier than I have in two years, that's how I roll...

Stumblin

Mento
10-15-07, 10:19 pm
I have a hard time eating the amount of food I need in order to gain size. I get full too quick and I stay full for a long time. Any advice on what I can do to increase my appetite?

carpediem300
11-07-07, 10:31 am
Three double steak Chipotle burritos tonight after pullin' heavier than I have in two years, that's how I roll...

Stumblin

Yikes ... 3!!!!

But relevant to this comment, I emailed Chipotle and asked them if they were ever going to try out brown rice. They actually responded and told me that the Denver market or parts of the Denver market are trying out brown rice, as a test market thing. Denver animals .. Anyone seen this? Sure hopes it goes national.

And dittos on the steak. I never get anything else.

Joe

Hybridtheory2o
11-18-07, 6:33 pm
"Yehhhhhh buddayyyyyyy...time to get this show on the road"

I eat everything. I eat steak and chicken almost every meal alternating each week on which one im favoring at the time. I eat tuna and rice and ANPB I eat yogurt with berries in them I eat eggs and oatmeal. I make a pizza once a week with good ingredients as to try and make it the healthiest I can and I eat almost the whole thing. Ive been growin pretty good but I try to not neglect anything because once you do that you can short change yourself IMO.

Reacher34
11-18-07, 7:12 pm

Stumblin

My hats off to you.....seriously.
That's what it takes. Not that every meal should be like that. But recognizing that you just performed miracles in the gym and now your body craves nutrients, well done. Without that proper "refueling" afterwords, all that hard work would have gone for naught.
Keep busting your ass, my friend.

Machine
11-18-07, 7:12 pm
I'm not a big drum beater for other people's ideas and or suggestions...I know that Lad doesnt need or want me to back him up on his remarks. That said...some of you might not know just exactly who and what Lad is...let me tell you one thing , he is about as wide as he is tall...and strong...bet the fuckin ranch on it. Lucky is not a good enough descriptive for our position , to be enlightened by this man. Lucky will have to do though. Take out your note pads and really LISTEN to what he tells you...its worth green money. I am proud to call this man an ally , and so to should you be. Thanks Joe...keep screamin...one day everyone will here you.

MACHINE

MACHINE

born0withno0soul
11-18-07, 9:22 pm
yea i use their brown rice, but i dont think many others use it. i think its great but i didnt mind the white rice either.im not trying out for ralph lauren model shoots so it doesnt hurt me to put on a few pounds.

born0withno0soul
11-18-07, 9:25 pm

lmao. i had a parent come up to me once when i worked in gnc and asked me why their kid was not growing. i asked them if they were feeding the kid full of protein, and the response was " yes i feed him tofu all day long". i was like holyshit people. feed the kid meat

Hybridtheory2o
11-18-07, 10:13 pm
Mento I have an idea for you because when I was 160lbs and I started dabbling with this eat a good hearty meal every 2 hrs (but not so huge that your waist gets big with your muscle) but a good portion and eat ya know like 6-8 times a day.

This is how I started looking at it after reading articles on this site. Food is no longer food to us. Its fuel. Eating is no longer optional or fun, its detrimental to our sucess. Sometimes I sit there with a spoon or a fork in hand doesnt really matter and im full. Or better yet I just dont feel like eating another omlet with oats. But here is what works for me. Go sit by a cd player and play music that either inspires you or gets you thinking or gets you pumped up. Then when your mind is elsewhere you can begin to mindlessly eat. What happens is you get so caught up or inspired or pumped up that your mind wanders and you forget that you are full or dont feel like eating and before you know it you just ate your entire meal and now you feel good. If you dont believe it try it because it works and has worked for me. Once you get used to it like I am now you can just turn off your brain sayin ur not feeling like eating and you just eat.

Or check your portion sizes. Since you are eating 6-8 times a day you shouldnt feel like you are eating an entire cow after each meal. You should feel comfortable and eat according to your own body weight and you can tell if you do it right because you will in fact start to gain considerable size and strength without your waist blowing up.

Burke Knapp
12-02-07, 4:02 pm
When do you know you have enough protein and carbs for one meal?
Im trying to keep my cals up around 3000 - 3500 per day but when it comes to protein does each kind of protein absorb differently like real gains with WHEY and MICELLAR CASEIN and for example protein from eggs, what do you guys think is an ok number for protein and what about mixing them together .would that be too much at one time or does the different type of protein play a part in this game?
Also what about ANIMAL NITRO this is an amino delivery system with what they call a HUMAN Protein Complex,,,is this also adding protein or just help with delivering my normal intake...I take one pak of this before and after each workout,,would taking another pak later in the day help or would it be waste?
what would be a good # of protein if Im eating every two hourse plus getting that extreme muscle ripping workout.Thanks for any input

Big Jimmer
12-07-07, 12:38 pm
if anyone has a problem with getting full to soon you need to remember that a takes a couple big meals in a row to stretch your stomach out. after that, keep it stretched. l8r

hayden_28
12-08-07, 10:24 pm

how come only egg whites, is it the part of the egg that only contains protein?

Big Jimmer
12-09-07, 9:58 am
he was asking if he meant only the whites in the first post. which i believe was no. if you want mass eat the whole egg. the yolk has 2 grams of protien and a lot of cholesterol. your body uses cholesterol to make testosterone. the white is mostly protien but only 4 grams without the yolk. 40 grams of protien=10 egg whites.

hayden_28
12-09-07, 5:09 pm
he was asking if he meant only the whites in the first post. which i believe was no. if you want mass eat the whole egg. the yolk has 2 grams of protien and a lot of cholesterol. your body uses cholesterol to make testosterone. the white is mostly protien but only 4 grams without the yolk. 40 grams of protien=10 egg whites.

thanks

kyderz
12-11-07, 4:26 pm
So..I just ate 8 oz. ground beef mixed in with 4 scrambled eggs and 3 large potatoes.

I'm stuffed as fuck, but I can eat that amount maybe 3-4 times a day.

Also, I will supplement with shakes and hopefully start to gain some fucking weight.

220's suck for me.

oregonpanthers
12-18-07, 10:43 pm
I was really struggling to add weight over the spring this year. I was getting stronger by the week and yet adding very little muscle weight or mass as far as tape measure went. I went from 6 meals to 7 meals a day and wammo! I stopped calorie counting and just added in more food as needed. I started adding 1-2lbs a week over a 12 week period! I went from 200-213lbs with a 1% increase in bodyfat. It was the best gains of my life I hate to say. I just started eating every 2.5 hours from the momment I woke up till half an our before bed. I kept it so damn simple its sad, but it worked and I was forced into it with college, part time work, and then an internship right after that. I had to keep it simple. My diet looked like this for 12 weeks:

1 cup oats, 2 tbsp raisins, 2tbsp natty pb
10 egg whites

1 scoop whey+1 scoop casein
1 cup oats, 2 tbsp natty pb
(eaten twice a day)

10 oz grilled chicken
1 cup oats, 2 tbsp raisins, 2 tbsp peanut butter
(eaten 3 times a day)

2 cups 2% cottage cheese

It got old after 3 weeks then I went with spices and seasonings, splenda, other shit to change it up. I also should note that Sunday morning I went for pancakes at this natural foods place and hammerd some 4 huge ass pancakes with syrup! That was my one cheat every week.

1skinnyassedrunt
01-01-08, 2:45 pm

-Christian

I've read a few books (body4life etc) which have said you should eat until you feel satisfied, if you eat until you feel physically full you have lost the battle

1skinnyassedrunt
01-01-08, 2:56 pm

Yeah bro! I think that The Chronicle of Riddick Vin Diesel ate alot of ice cream to put weight on

Mento
01-07-08, 12:44 am
Mento I have an idea for you because when I was 160lbs and I started dabbling with this eat a good hearty meal every 2 hrs (but not so huge that your waist gets big with your muscle) but a good portion and eat ya know like 6-8 times a day.

This is how I started looking at it after reading articles on this site. Food is no longer food to us. Its fuel. Eating is no longer optional or fun, its detrimental to our sucess. Sometimes I sit there with a spoon or a fork in hand doesnt really matter and im full. Or better yet I just dont feel like eating another omlet with oats. But here is what works for me. Go sit by a cd player and play music that either inspires you or gets you thinking or gets you pumped up. Then when your mind is elsewhere you can begin to mindlessly eat. What happens is you get so caught up or inspired or pumped up that your mind wanders and you forget that you are full or dont feel like eating and before you know it you just ate your entire meal and now you feel good. If you dont believe it try it because it works and has worked for me. Once you get used to it like I am now you can just turn off your brain sayin ur not feeling like eating and you just eat.

Or check your portion sizes. Since you are eating 6-8 times a day you shouldnt feel like you are eating an entire cow after each meal. You should feel comfortable and eat according to your own body weight and you can tell if you do it right because you will in fact start to gain considerable size and strength without your waist blowing up.

Thanks HybridTheory. I'll try this and see how it works for me.

drag0590
01-18-08, 5:13 pm
The way i put on mass plain and simple
EAT LIKE A FUCKING HORSE

i eat so much dauym carbs...breads(white brown, even oatmeal bread, pita, rolls , italian)
oats,cereals, ramen noodles, pasta, rice(uncle ben, brown, white, yellow) patato's white and brown....

protein... protien powder... i drink about 5-6 cups of milk (skim and whole)...i drink eggs/eat them in everystyle possible.. steaks, chucks, punds of ground beef, pounds of chicken ..tuna..
roast beef

as for fats i include alot of falxseed and fish oil.. penut butter.. and cheeses and the come naturally from my food.. and ooo yaa nuts of course

macdonalds...burgerking..shawaramas....everthing
i eat from the moment i wake to the moment i sleep
as long as ur getting that fukin food in ur stomach
there is no trick here to put on size its just eating like a fucking monster
ya u will get a belly...but ur upperbody will look fucking HUGE...then when its time to get cut/ripped change that shit....its okay to get a lil fat during mass time...i hate when people make it soo damn technical!!

K-Dog
01-30-08, 5:34 am
i can honestly say that this definately works... spent ages eating chicken and tuna wonderin why i was bustin my ass and progress was non existent... so 2weeks ago i started eatin beef like 2 or 3 times a day and i'm so surprised the difference it's made already, shit, 3lbs isn't much but it's more than i had been putting on. can't wait for monday to weigh myself again...

pwrlfter4lyf
01-30-08, 12:41 pm
I used to lose mad pounds cuz of work so I started making weight gainer shakes the night before and drinking them every few hours. All fast food places suck so I pound 12 inch meatball subs from subway. It gets expensive but each one has 1,120 callories and 50g protein. Just a tip for those who got long hours like me

simpleguy
01-30-08, 1:24 pm
one of the good things that I've done so far in my first bulk was relying more on beef hamburger... it's cheaper than almost any other protein sources, and it does the job

Polish Prince
01-30-08, 1:57 pm
What the Lad said, lol.

YOU SAID IT BEST B ROTHER!

Polish Prince
01-30-08, 2:04 pm
I'm not a big drum beater for other people's ideas and or suggestions...I know that Lad doesnt need or want me to back him up on his remarks. That said...some of you might not know just exactly who and what Lad is...let me tell you one thing , he is about as wide as he is tall...and strong...bet the fuckin ranch on it. Lucky is not a good enough descriptive for our position , to be enlightened by this man. Lucky will have to do though. Take out your note pads and really LISTEN to what he tells you...its worth green money. I am proud to call this man an ally , and so to should you be. Thanks Joe...keep screamin...one day everyone will here you.

MACHINE

MACHINE

NOT ONLY ARE THESE GUYS WHAT WE WANT TO BE BUT FROM ANY CONTACT IT BEING ON HERE, AT THE ARNOLDS OR OTHER MEETS THEY ARE NOT ONLY WHO WE WANT TO BE IN THE GYM BUT OUTSIDE OF IT!

Polish Prince
01-30-08, 4:23 pm

Stumblin

if anyone is looking for more calories you can get that shit double wrapped for no extra charge

Torque757
01-30-08, 5:39 pm

Stumblin

lol, AWSOME

theharjmann
01-30-08, 5:43 pm

I eat 12 whole eggs (including yolk) every day. I just pre boil 12. Put them in fridge and eat 2 with every meal. I have been doing this for 4 months.
Had a blood test a week ago just to check if everything inside was fine.
My cholesterol levels were fine.

I guess if you train like an animal you can eat all those yolks!
P.S. i do not do cardio. I just skip for 5 minuts couple times per week before an arms or shoulders session.

Peace

pmug0000
01-30-08, 5:55 pm
I eat 12 whole eggs (including yolk) every day. I just pre boil 12. Put them in fridge and eat 2 with every meal. I have been doing this for 4 months.
Had a blood test a week ago just to check if everything inside was fine.
My cholesterol levels were fine.

I guess if you train like an animal you can eat all those yolks!
P.S. i do not do cardio. I just skip for 5 minuts couple times per week before an arms or shoulders session.

Peace

You skip for 5 minutes? What's up with that?

intoodeep25
01-30-08, 6:04 pm
hahaha we gotta competitive skippin champ in the house

theharjmann
01-30-08, 6:07 pm
hahaha we gotta competitive skippin champ in the house

haha yeah man. i can do double jumps, hopping, slow skipping the lot! hahaha

theharjmann
01-30-08, 6:10 pm
You skip for 5 minutes? What's up with that?

i used to box. so the skipping is just a normal thing now. plus its good for coordination. it warms me up well before a workout. mariusz pudzianowski does 15 mins skipping before every workout and look at him...he's massive!

Boz
01-30-08, 7:29 pm
Heed the words of the great Lad....You gotta eat big to get big......words to live by brothers. So for dinner I had Applebees; boneless wings, big ass steak with baked potato, and almost forgot. On the way home, stopped in the ice cream shop for a big bowl of my new favorite.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-30-08, 7:38 pm
in australia we have 'bucking beef' - they do roast everything. for breakfast i had 6 potatoes, 2 beef rissoles and then a sausage and egg mcmuffin from mcdonalds. cost me $5 all up.

patrick
01-30-08, 7:55 pm
I think (know) that the mirror is our greatest ally in gaining mass - yes, we have to eat alot, but it's important to monitor the protein & caloric intake monthly to keep on track. I used to use the scale to check the mass, only to find out the only thing growing was my gut. yeah, i was gaining weight & getting stronger, but i never had the bodybuilder look we associate with being big. keeping well thoughtout development goals in mind w/ a well thoughtout protein/calorie intake is the smartest road...

Boz
01-31-08, 7:23 am
All I'm saying is this....I had the honor and privelage to be at the Delaware ABC event last Saturday. There is no chance that G Diesel, Big Al, Big Ant, Mcfly, and all those other big ass brothers got to be that big by eating tuna and eggs every day.

g0dzg1ftt
02-05-08, 11:25 am
Nuff said, im off to buy a whole fking cow and eat that in the evenings

BaseballMonster
02-08-08, 11:40 am
dude thats some hardcore shit, but for some gainers like me I used the c*******t shit, it packed on 15 lbs in a matter of two and a half weeks, but one downside was that my deodorant stopped working and my fucking body would sweat more than usual.

krazyassmexican
02-08-08, 11:43 am
dude thats some hardcore shit, but for some gainers like me I used the c*******t shit, it packed on 15 lbs in a matter of two and a half weeks, but one downside was that my deodorant stopped working and my fucking body would sweat more than usual.

holy water retention batman
switch to real gains!

BaseballMonster
02-08-08, 3:44 pm
my bad ppl with the competitors name i was so into the writing lol

InkdMuscle
02-14-08, 3:04 pm
Yeah I can say red meat is the way to go. I tried eatting the fish, tuna, eggs for a couple of months and really didnt see gains. I switched to red meat and potatoes and seen a big difference. The only thing I have a hard time with is keeping my gut in check with red meant and potatoes. Other then that I would say red meat is my choice of food.

MassMan
02-15-08, 8:20 pm
hey, in the off season, I eat a ton og whole eggs. My mom tells me not to because of the high amount of cholesterol. what is your opinion on this? Is it okay to eat whole eggs?

Myles
02-16-08, 7:50 am
I found that it is hard sometimes to eat a big amount of food at one sitting. With a shake you can get a good 700 calories/meal. If you eat 6 times/day its about 4200 calories!

shake 1
2 scoop protein powder
2 tbs olive oil
300ml full cream milk
banana
1 cup of oatmeal

shake2
1 can of tuna
2 whole eggs
oatmeal
protein powder

RenegadeRows
02-16-08, 9:13 am
well you could always try what tiny told me to do ...and its working great. Eat about 150g of protein over your body weight. Example: I am 220 and I eat 370g of protein. Now couple this protein with a lot of good fats like olive oil, fish oil, peanut butter, etc. And also maintain low carbs. It helps you put on some massive size while shedding bodyfat. I think he said he put on 34 lb of pure muscle in a year using this technique.

victore
02-16-08, 5:46 pm
In response to egg question. I eat a tom of eggs. I eat a ton of red meat too. I have my cholesterol checked every year. My cholesterol essentially does not even hit the charts. My triglycerides are at 49mg/dl. Optimal is <150. My ldl(bad cholesterol) is 74 mg/dl. Optimal for that is <100. My HDL (good cholesterol) is at 71. Greater than 59 is considered high. My total value comes in at fifty percent below the start mark for a below average risk of a male my age(34). My point is if you are working out hard, eating lots of fruit/veggies and essentail fatty acids, you are not going to have cholesterol problems unless there is something genetically abnormal for this in your family. Getting you "cbcs" complete blood counts done is not that expensive and can really clue you into how your body is responding to your routines on the inside. I say eat eggs all you want. They are a complete amino profile and a great omega source too. Cholesterol is not is bad for you as people hype it up to be...not eating you leafy greens on the other hand is.

MassMan
02-16-08, 8:03 pm
Thanks, bro. I need to show this to my mom so she can stop telling me not to shovel whole eggs down!

ThickasabricK
02-18-08, 3:51 pm
Red meat all the fucking way .

Nothing matches red meat in gaining size and strength.

luv it luv it , oh by the way , do you know EXACTLY how much protein is there in every

100 grams of steak ??? i've seen somewhere that its about 30 to 35 grams

if i am wrong please correct me

atrain11b
03-05-08, 11:15 am
well you could always try what tiny told me to do ...and its working great. Eat about 150g of protein over your body weight. Example: I am 220 and I eat 370g of protein. Now couple this protein with a lot of good fats like olive oil, fish oil, peanut butter, etc. And also maintain low carbs. It helps you put on some massive size while shedding bodyfat. I think he said he put on 34 lb of pure muscle in a year using this technique.

Renegade, I really like this idea. Going to switch to it here soon.

Seems more like a 60/20/20 diet, am I right here? Or 50/20/30?

I myself just introduced eggs to my diet(now I wonder why it took so long) 6 a day, today I bought some 93%lean ground beef. $2.00 for the lb, didn't seem that bad. Hard to get GOOD red meat here in Korea, my Commisary is limited. As for steak I eat at least one a day. I have to by the Center Cut Frozen bagged steaks. 4 for $8. So I may just start eating 2 of these a day, plus 1/2lb of lean ground beef.

I sure hope adding these foods makes a difference. I have been gaining strength, and a little more definition with chicken and tuna, but I have been 185 for about 3 weeks now. Guess I just learned the not so secret, secret. RED MEAT and lots of it.

T o m m Y
03-05-08, 1:51 pm

How low in carbs did you go?

ComptonUhh
03-07-08, 3:35 am

This is an awesome idea and I totally am gonna start with that amount of protein but how low of carbs are you lookin?

jer
03-07-08, 9:46 am
I love me some meat and potatoes.

Who doesn't like a nice steak and a baked potato?

Hell, throw in some veggies and you've got yourself all you need.

redmanPH
03-11-08, 9:54 am
err sorry but how do you guys mean whole milk? so non-fat or low-fat milk are no-no's? for mass gain/getting bigger. lol

well, sorry cuz relative to you guys, im the new guy in the gym lol. so i haveta ask, when bulking, it's ok to eat a whole lot, and i mean a really fucking lot, right? as long as it's not junk food or any of the sort right?

oh yeah, i gotta ask if rice is also good (it's a staple where i live)

dclutter1
03-11-08, 1:32 pm
a really fucking lot

That's the idea bro. As long as it's predominantly clean sources (and your training is in order), eat like it's your F-ing job.

Rice is great, I stick with brown mostly but plenty of people say white is fine too.

MassMan
03-12-08, 9:13 pm
[QUOTE=redmanPH;318714]err sorry but how do you guys mean whole milk? so non-fat or low-fat milk are no-no's? for mass gain/getting bigger. lol

I would recommend whole milk if your metabolism is fast enough. Most people stick with 2% and that's what I use. I used to drink a gallon of Whole milk everyday, but couldn't handle the amount of fat. You may be able to, but whole does not work for me.

BrotherInArms
03-13-08, 2:05 pm
No-one knnows how to put on weight like country boys. I agree with Lad - meat n complex carbs. Lean sources of protein are good but a very slow road to travel.

redmanPH
03-15-08, 12:25 am
ayt, thanks massman, dclutter1, ill keep what you guys said in mind

newbreed
03-15-08, 10:51 am
I agree with Lad for sure. I noticed a big change when I started to eat red meat more during the week. Definately more size added.

ROC1291
03-15-08, 11:02 am
I don't think you can catch me eating red meat unless its a cheat meal from five guys burgers and fries.

I stick with Salmon. It's not lean by any means, as it comes in at a whopping 24g fat per 8oz serving.

But its all EFA's for the most part that will keep you anabolic.
I prefer this over red meat any day, unless its sloppy joes.
Also, at the rate red meat is being recalled these days, I'd do whatever I could to purchase only the best free-range organic, non-hormonal, non-steroidal shit around.

arab910
03-15-08, 11:31 am
I don't think you can catch me eating red meat unless its a cheat

EFA's?

MassMan
03-15-08, 12:29 pm
EFA's?

Essential Fatty Acids... if that's what you were asking.

MassMan
03-15-08, 12:30 pm
I don't think you can catch me eating red meat unless its a cheat meal from five guys burgers and fries.

I stick with Salmon. It's not lean by any means, as it comes in at a whopping 24g fat per 8oz serving.

I prefer this over red meat any day, unless its sloppy joes.
Also, at the rate red meat is being recalled these days, I'd do whatever I could to purchase only the best free-range organic, non-hormonal, non-steroidal shit around.

Really? You are the first person that I know of that would substitute red meat for fish. But, every body is different, as you know...

BamBam
03-15-08, 1:01 pm
I just wanna say to THE LAD....you are a freak dude...I mean you have all the respect I could ever give to someone...you r a pure source of seemingly unlimited power...The Arnold Classic deadlift exhibition....speechless...you got my adrenaline going for sure man. Keep it up and MASS RESPECT!!

In IRON,
Joshua

Coltman
04-01-08, 3:06 pm
Try adding the combo of a high quality liver tab with a peptide bonded amino acid tab.
The combo is very effective for more quality muscle.

1skinnyassedrunt
04-01-08, 4:26 pm

This may sound a very british thing and I suppose it is, but how bout braised/casseroled beef (basically beef cooked in gravy) with potatoes and green beans in gravy with wholemeal bread? or should I stick the beef and yams?

MassMan
04-01-08, 6:26 pm
This may sound a very british thing and I suppose it is, but how bout braised/casseroled beef (basically beef cooked in gravy) with potatoes and green beans in gravy with wholemeal bread? or should I stick the beef and yams?

Either one is fine. I would say the first mentioned one because it sounds waaay better than a steak and yam..... Your choice, but mix it up!

1skinnyassedrunt
04-02-08, 9:11 am
Thats bro, it is good stuff, but I was just wonderin if theres any reason why I should avoid gravy.

sanga
04-02-08, 9:12 am
I have gravy with lean minced beef, veg and potatos, no problem on a bulk.

1skinnyassedrunt
04-06-08, 1:10 pm
Same here bro. Just got 1kg of lean minced beef.

musclemachinemoh
04-07-08, 11:14 am
by gaining mass do you mean gaining lean muscle weight? or just weight incl. water/fat/muscle

Maharg
04-07-08, 11:43 am
I personally enjoy steak with a sweet potato sprinkled in brown sugar and cinamon. How ever you get the stuff down though, thats what counts.

MassMan
04-07-08, 5:09 pm
I really like taking 3 medium potatoes and mashing them up and throwing them in the frying pan with some milk... Then add 1lb or ground beef and season with some chili sauce and you got a satisfying meal right then and there...

SQUAT or DIE!
04-07-08, 5:21 pm
I really like taking 3 medium potatoes and mashing them up and throwing them in the frying pan with some milk... Then add 1lb or ground beef and season with some chili sauce and you got a satisfying meal right then and there...

OOOOOO!!! i think i just found something delicious to eat..

ONE WORD! CHILI!!!

i have a great recipe you can find in the thread eating at school or PM me if you want it.

MassMan
04-07-08, 5:55 pm
OOOOOO!!! i think i just found something delicious to eat..

ONE WORD! CHILI!!!

i have a great recipe you can find in the thread eating at school or PM me if you want it.

I saw that and I tried it out.... tastes like the kind that you get @ the fairgrounds.... brings back sweet, sweet memories... and bodybuilder friendly, too!!!!!

Chili=lots and lots of mass when made properly.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-07-08, 6:03 pm
I saw that and I tried it out.... tastes like the kind that you get @ the fairgrounds.... brings back sweet, sweet memories... and bodybuilder friendly, too!!!!!

Chili=lots and lots of mass when made properly.

yeah the recipe i posted was award winning chili cook off, so it should remind you of fairground style..

i think this summer im gonna put on some mass, so chili will most likely be a staple.

pain4life
04-07-08, 11:58 pm
This thread puts a whole new look on eating for me. I have been counting calories and eating a lot of chicken and tuna. I have been gaining some size, but not as much as I would like to see. I will broaden my diet, eat more, and hopefully see better gains!

patron
04-14-08, 5:36 pm
Almost all my protein comes from peanut butter, nuts, eggs, tuna, beans, lentils, milk, oats, tofu, rice, and well...that's pretty much all a lowly student can afford. I used to do the protein shakes also, but found it impossible to eat an entire meal on top of them.

Just started with the "Universal Natural Sterol Complex", and I've noticed an increase in energy levels. I've been lifting for about a year now, and I'm figuring if it weren't for my lack of "bulk foods" and insistent cardio, I'd be larger than my 150lbs frame. I'm sick of this Bruce Lee thing I have going on.

I get WAY too much daily cardio. (No car/Bike everywhere/FedEx job)

Now why would I respond to an ancient thread with detail almost impossible to respond to?
I guess I'm trying to fit in.

BigTimCoats
04-18-08, 8:26 pm
lets hear them mass building recipes i know massman came up with a good one

Mizzarler
04-18-08, 9:31 pm
You cant forget everyones offseason favorite!!! mac and cheese with beef and tabasco sauce...mmmmmm

SQUAT or DIE!
04-19-08, 1:55 am
lets hear them mass building recipes i know massman came up with a good one

ok im posting this again, for the sake of the fact that i plan on eating an entire pot of it when im done cutting.... and people keep asking.. im in hi demand..

AWARD WINNING CHILI!!!!!

4lbs coarse ground chopped sirloin
olive oil or butter ( doesnt say hopw much)
1-2 small cans tomato paste, with water
3-4 medium onions chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2-10 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
salt and pepper
3 tablesppons or more chili powder
(i throw a beer in mine now and then GASP!)

instructions:

in a 4 quart pot, brown meat in oil/butter add remaining ingredients, simmer in pot with lid on for 2 hours.

honestly i would cook it for longer, and really get all the flavors out.. maybe 3-5 at a lower temp.. good chili takes good time

recipe by H. Allen Smith and Wick Fowler.

i dont have the nutritional info on it, but im sure if you need to know you dont need to be eating it now do you!

InkdMuscle
04-22-08, 3:43 pm
ok im posting this again, for the sake of the fact that i plan on eating an entire pot of it when im done cutting.... and people keep asking.. im in hi demand..

AWARD WINNING CHILI!!!!!

4lbs coarse ground chopped sirloin
olive oil or butter ( doesnt say hopw much)
1-2 small cans tomato paste, with water
3-4 medium onions chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2-10 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
salt and pepper
3 tablesppons or more chili powder
(i throw a beer in mine now and then GASP!)

instructions:

in a 4 quart pot, brown meat in oil/butter add remaining ingredients, simmer in pot with lid on for 2 hours.

honestly i would cook it for longer, and really get all the flavors out.. maybe 3-5 at a lower temp.. good chili takes good time

recipe by H. Allen Smith and Wick Fowler.

i dont have the nutritional info on it, but im sure if you need to know you dont need to be eating it now do you!

Looks like im heading to the store b4 my WO to grab all the stuff I need. I am still trying to put on size. I have size some nice size gains but not enough for the effor tim putting in. So this will be a nice meal to change things up with.

Nihility
04-23-08, 10:06 am
im not huge on potatoes, i rarely eat red meat, and i dont snack on oreos (heh) but i do LOVE peanut butter. prolly eat more thani should. thats the only thing ill miss once i start cutting.. though ill still have a spoon once a day :P

Preston
04-23-08, 10:25 am
im not huge on potatoes, i rarely eat red meat, and i dont snack on oreos (heh) but i do LOVE peanut butter. prolly eat more thani should. thats the only thing ill miss once i start cutting.. though ill still have a spoon once a day :P

If you start carb depleting you'll get your PB back. :-P

The Lad
05-08-08, 1:12 pm

-Christian

I could not have said it better!

mikejones1
05-08-08, 1:15 pm

im cutting, and i have 5 or 6tbsp a day, natty pb
it all depends how you work it

bigunz85
05-11-08, 11:06 pm
i disagree u can gain from eating chicken tuna and eggs. im doing that right now and im gaining it just takes longer thats all but its more clean. im also doing weight gainer shakes and eating cottage cheese. as far as the red meat goes i agree u def can gain from that but it better be a lean piece of meat, sweet potatoes are good. And you can never go wrong with natural peanut butter.

sanga
05-12-08, 3:28 am
Gaining weight is all about excess calories be they from chicken, tuna, pasta or chocolate.

bigunz85
05-12-08, 3:32 am
Gaining weight is all about excess calories be they from chicken, tuna, pasta or chocolate.

i agree if as long as ur intaking clean protein and ur cals are up ur going to gain.

sanga
05-12-08, 3:38 am
Good calories are the way to go IMO, lots of good food will make for far beytter quality gains rather than chocolate and pizza, although these don`t hurt once in a while.

shizz702
05-23-08, 11:09 am
Here's a good piece on bulking. It's all about caloric excess, if you're not growing, you're not eating enough. Plain and simple.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/Topics/Diet.htm

krazyassmexican
05-23-08, 11:16 am
Good calories are the way to go IMO, lots of good food will make for far beytter quality gains rather than chocolate and pizza, although these don`t hurt once in a while.

you guys need to start hangin out with g diesel, lad and big al

BigTimCoats
05-26-08, 7:11 pm
im having trouble gaining mass... i know i dont eat enough.. what should i focus on consuming at each meal?

Pizzalamp
05-26-08, 7:16 pm
im having trouble gaining mass... i know i dont eat enough.. what should i focus on consuming at each meal?

a nice balance of proteins carbs and some good fats(except for immeditely post workout no fats)

BigTimCoats
05-26-08, 8:01 pm
a nice balance of proteins carbs and some good fats(except for immeditely post workout no fats)

so what do u recommend post workout.. i usually have my shake immediately after.. then about 30 min later a cup of oats

nrk5014
05-27-08, 12:23 pm
What the Lad said, lol.

lol, so basically, I can still stay lean while dominating my meals?

I love this post btw. I was a chubby kid, then lost a ton of weight, now I'm lean/muscular, but I want to be more muscular, duh!! Anyway, I'm pretty sure I had an eating disorder/mental complex when I lost all that weight bc i thought I was fat...yes, ghey...now that I'm finally eating more...A LOT MORE...it's still hard to stuff my face without my conscious kicking in...any suggestions?

mikejones1
05-27-08, 1:14 pm

i was told fats are ok pwo by nutritionist toni69 here. 2 tbsp natty pb w my whey and oats shakes pwo. i am cutting right now, but will do the same when bulking.

i also believe someone wrote here, that dave palumbo said fats are good for pwo (maybe he was talking about pb, not too sure) if anything carbs are bad. and i dont believe he was refering to keto, just eating fats pwo in general if i remember correctly.

again i dont know but thats what i was told and read

SQUAT or DIE!
05-27-08, 3:20 pm
i was told fats are ok pwo by nutritionist toni69 here. 2 tbsp natty pb w my whey and oats shakes pwo. i am cutting right now, but will do the same when bulking.

i also believe someone wrote here, that dave palumbo said fats are good for pwo (maybe he was talking about pb, not too sure) if anything carbs are bad. and i dont believe he was refering to keto, just eating fats pwo in general if i remember correctly.

again i dont know but thats what i was told and read

i dont usually eat them immediately PWO but shortly after.. like 30-45 min

krazyassmexican
05-27-08, 3:22 pm
dave said fats are ok pre workout
he said a high carb meal pre workout would lower hgh more than fats

nrk5014
05-27-08, 7:17 pm
Just had a killer workout so I decided to reward myself with a burger...and when I say burger, I don't mean one homemade patty...I mean a fat double decker with some cheeseeee...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Lad
05-29-08, 6:44 pm

You just gotta force feed yourself, plain and simple.......you are what you eat.........you eat shit, you look like shit...........so eat tons of fairly clean foods and cheat some extra meals in there too!

The Lad
05-29-08, 6:46 pm
lol, so basically, I can still stay lean while dominating my meals?

I love this post btw. I was a chubby kid, then lost a ton of weight, now I'm lean/muscular, but I want to be more muscular, duh!! Anyway, I'm pretty sure I had an eating disorder/mental complex when I lost all that weight bc i thought I was fat...yes, ghey...now that I'm finally eating more...A LOT MORE...it's still hard to stuff my face without my conscious kicking in...any suggestions?

Just eat and train for 3 months....lose the mirror and scales till the 4 month!

Fe Addict
06-05-08, 3:42 pm
They say you are what you eat.... picture a chicken.... picture a cow....

gymEvo
06-22-08, 8:50 pm
Just eat and train for 3 months....lose the mirror and scales till the 4 month!

It usually takes about 2 complete weeks of mass dieting for ur body to begin accepting it and storing solid wieght....normally for abt the first 2 weeks, ur body will shit alot of it all out..and u'll just be thinking ur gaining wieght when your body will really be holding water wieght....So botton line is...keep eatting and if u put on 2 lbs over night...dont get ur hopes to high cause ur gonna loose them later on prolly through out the day or the next day...so just stick to the mass diet for 2 weeks then step on the scale...

I remember whenever i first begin a mass diet...for the first 2 weeks my wieght goes up and down..and sometimes it goes below my starting wieght...but then after 2 weeks comes the steady gain....

BTW whats IMO mean???

Weakness
07-02-08, 1:53 pm
IMO there's something important, I haven't read it anywhere.

Chew your food, its all about digestion.

Also, there's a nice quote I found somewhere about clean and quality food.

'' if a caveman can't pick it up off the ground and eat it, you shouldn't either. ''

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 2:08 pm
IMO there's something important, I haven't read it anywhere.

Chew your food, its all about digestion.

Also, there's a nice quote I found somewhere about clean and quality food.

'' if a caveman can't pick it up off the ground and eat it, you shouldn't either. ''

who chews?? i swallow steaks a pound at a time.. lol

Weakness
07-02-08, 3:06 pm
who chews?? i swallow steaks a pound at a time.. lol

It has been scientificly prove that the best way to have a better digestion is to chew 25 times...If you fart you aren't chewing enough.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 3:08 pm
It has been scientificly prove that the best way to have a better digestion is to chew 25 times...If you fart you aren't chewing enough.

im def gonna have to give this a try.....

jer
07-02-08, 3:30 pm
Mmmmmm......steak and potatoes.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 3:35 pm
Mmmmmm......steak and potatoes.

dont talk about potatoes :( im cutting weight right now.. and i love potatoes!!

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 3:39 pm
something i came up with a while ago.

1 bag frozen chicken
4-5 cups BBQ sauce
1.5-3 cups medium salsa
1 pinch cayenne seasoning
2-3 tbsp taco seasoning

combine all in crock pot and cook for 6+ hrs

after finished cooking shred chicken and add cooked rice- i used uncle bens 90 sec microwave rice, 1 bag brown.

simpleguy
07-02-08, 4:18 pm

don't tell me you count that lol... spending an hour counting how many times I chew a piece of meat to get an exact number of 25 is not really my type of fun

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:19 pm
don't tell me you count that lol... spending an hour counting how many times I chew a piece of meat to get an exact number of 25 is not really my type of fun

LOL.... my steaks would be cold half way through, and id probably get bored too

simpleguy
07-02-08, 4:25 pm

schedule for meal #4 - steak...

3pm. (step1) heat steak in the microwave for 2 mins

3.02. (step 2) first bite, chew 25 times counting precisely

3.04. 2nd bite, chew 25 times

3.06. (step 3) 3rd bite, chewing 25 times while putting the steak in the microwave again

3.08. continue ritual until steak is finished

lol

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:27 pm
schedule for meal #4 - steak...

3pm. (step1) heat steak in the microwave for 2 mins

3.02. (step 2) first bite, chew 25 times counting precisely

3.04. 2nd bite, chew 25 times

3.06. (step 3) 3rd bite, chewing 25 times while putting the steak in the microwave again

3.08. continue ritual until steak is finished

lol

damn if your bulking, your gonna burn way to many cals, geting up and going to the microwave every 2 or 3 minutes.....

simpleguy
07-02-08, 4:29 pm
damn if your bulking, your gonna burn way to many cals, geting up and going to the microwave every 2 or 3 minutes.....

ok then eat cold when bulking haha

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:31 pm
ok then eat cold when bulking haha

or sit next to the microwave?

simpleguy
07-02-08, 4:32 pm
or sit next to the microwave?

you could have your friends moving the couch next to the microwave (you are not allowed to do any effort, you'll burn precious calories)... just remember them to pass the remote control and you're set

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:35 pm
you could have your friends moving the couch next to the microwave (you are not allowed to do any effort, you'll burn precious calories)... just remember them to pass the remote control and you're set

calorie burning problems solved... problem solving at its best right here!

Weakness
07-02-08, 4:35 pm

You get bored, I tried.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:36 pm
You get bored, I tried.

i rest my case.... eating fast is teh way to go....

simpleguy
07-02-08, 4:55 pm
You get bored, I tried.

you're missing the point man... my jaw muscles are very important to me so as all other muscles I train them hard and heavy... I prefer sticking to low reps (1-5) for max strength development... if your jaw is powerful, there's no need to chew 25 times next time

I admit that at certain times in case of a plateau I chew my meat 15-20 times for jaw hypertrophy purposes, but usually I just keep it simple, going hard and heavy... 6-10 reps gives me a great pump, damn there's nothing better like a pumped jaw

Disclaimer: this post is for entertainment reasons only, I do not recommend this training routine for average Joe's jaws

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:59 pm
you're missing the point man... my jaw muscles are very important to me so as all other muscles I train them hard and heavy... I prefer sticking to low reps (1-5) for max strength development... if your jaw is powerful, there's no need to chew 25 times next time

I admit that at certain times in case of a plateau I chew my meat 15-20 times for jaw hypertrophy purposes, but usually I just keep it simple, going hard and heavy... 6-10 reps gives me a great pump, damn there's nothing better like a pumped jaw

Disclaimer: this post is for entertainment reasons only, I do not recommend this training routine for average Joe's jaws

LOL this is probably my favorite post ever.... seriously.........

simpleguy
07-02-08, 11:43 pm
LOL this is probably my favorite post ever.... seriously.........

haha, just trying to be creative lol

wakeforrest
07-09-08, 9:52 am
I been eatin beef (ground, steak, etc.) up to 4 times a day and been puttin onsolid mass. i usally finsh off with chicken or some sort. At first i was eating alot of chicken and not the gains i was hoping. So BEEF is the key to growth!!!!!!

Coltman
07-09-08, 11:27 am
I too started two beef meals / day about 3 weeks ago and I can see the mass increasing!
I still eat two chicken meals / day and little or no carbs in the evening.
Supplementing with a quality liver tab + aminos works together better than each alone for mass building. It has always been said that diet is 80% of bodybuilding success and adding beef really proves it!

sanga
07-09-08, 1:41 pm
Trickling in aminos every 2 hours throughout the day works well with the liver tabs, keeps you in positive nitrogen balance.

Master Z
07-09-08, 1:56 pm
Potatoes, pasta, chicken, fish, some beef, lowfat yogurt, and some turkey. Also give bison meat a shot. It tastes just as good as beef, but is much lower in fat and cholesterol.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-09-08, 1:59 pm
Bison is gooooood!! a bit expensive but delicious

SA-Hulk
07-09-08, 3:37 pm
Ostrich meat is the way ahead over here in the RSA, we dont get much bison, but a fookin massive, fast as shit running bird does the trick nicely!
just a good job those buggers dont fly, last thing you need is an ostrich shit on your windscreen!

SQUAT or DIE!
07-09-08, 3:58 pm
Ostrich meat is the way ahead over here in the RSA, we dont get much bison, but a fookin massive, fast as shit running bird does the trick nicely!
just a good job those buggers dont fly, last thing you need is an ostrich shit on your windscreen!

so does ostrich have a distinct taste or what?

HAHAHA man you might be buying a new one after that

SA-Hulk
07-09-08, 4:08 pm
so does ostrich have a distinct taste or what?

Its pretty bland actually, but very rich in iron. Done on a braai (sorry BBQ) it comes out great, but catching the fuckers is a nightmare!

The Lad
07-19-08, 7:54 am
I'm 5'7" tall and have weighed between 220 to 278lbs since 1983. I changed my entire diet from quality contents to even the times and quanity. Over the last few years, everyone has complained about the thickness of my waist when I'm on stage and weighing around 225. This year, I started my diet earlier and acually dieted for 6 months before my show. I was harder, more vascular, more muscular and had a smaller waist at 215 than even before 1983 when I was competing then as a light heavy under 200lbs.
At 44, I'm in the best shape of my life.....

sanga
07-19-08, 2:09 pm
Nice one mate, any pics at all?

prowrestler
07-19-08, 2:35 pm
i only leave taco bell to sleep and to train. thats how i put on mass.

k not really! but, i will be starting to eat old elpaso tacos everday now atleast once. easy for me to pack the food in that way and kinda cheap too.

chicken breast sandwiches with mustard, digon mustard, hot sauce and hp sauce with some mayo. then i add some lettuce and the chicken breast. AWSOME!!!! i could eat 100 of these a day fuck!!! hmmmm..... lets thin about that

each one has 600 calories. 600x100=60000 calories!!!!!
each one has 40 grams of protein. 40x100=4000 grams of protien!!!
each one has 40 grams of carbs. 40x100=4000 grams of carbs!!!!!

yaaaa, maybe i wont eat 100 a day!!! fuck, ten would do just fine!!!

Mighty Kev
08-11-08, 9:23 pm
Great post

Spinellis
08-12-08, 1:15 pm
I have a few questions about the glycemic index of foods when bulking up.

When eating high GI foods (white potatos, pasta, breads) do you always mix them with proteins and/or fats.

I would assume, other then after a workout, eating high gi foods by themselves, would be a bad idea.

Fury317
08-12-08, 2:10 pm
I have a few questions about the glycemic index of foods when bulking up.

When eating high GI foods (white potatos, pasta, breads) do you always mix them with proteins and/or fats.

I would assume, other then after a workout, eating high gi foods by themselves, would be a bad idea.

If youre gaining weight, then high GI foods arent neccessarily bad, but you have to see how your body responds. Someone at a young age with a high metabolism might be able to cram down 4 or 5 white potatos in a day, while other older guys might have one white potato a day for a week and gain a significant amount of fat. Everything depends on your goals, training intensity, and body type, and other factors.

Also something else that comes into play is the glycemic load, not just index. It's similar, but the GL is a number that relates to how much of the sugar actually gets into the bloodstream per serving (or something along those lines). Im not sure of the exact definition but you can google it and come up the answer. An example of this is air popped popcorn. The GI of popcorn is 77...many people would thing "stay away", but the GL is only 8! Lower than a sweet potato, oatmeal, or brown rice. So I would say check different sites out, especially sites pertaining to diabetes, they are obviously the most help. Screw the Yahooanswers.com or whatever haha. Hope this helps a little bro.

Spinellis
08-12-08, 2:30 pm
thanks. I'm still a little confused on GI and GL. I thought GI was the amount that the food raised your blood sugar. I know there was also a GL but never really looked into it. I need to do some more reading and thanks for your suggestions.

Big Wides
09-10-08, 4:08 pm
bump

Gunz1
09-12-08, 11:18 am
Red meat is what its all about.. its been said a million times.. you wanna grow you need redmeat... serious protein, some fat, natural creatine and iron... its all you'll ever need... that and rice, or red or sweet potatoes... its all about growth baby!!!

Tartaglia
07-08-09, 8:33 pm
im 17, and i eat a steak everyday. But i also eat my chicken banana eggs peanut putter. Its just thew potatos. Whats a quick way to make them?

mahscles
07-08-09, 8:58 pm
im 17, and i eat a steak everyday. But i also eat my chicken banana eggs peanut putter. Its just thew potatos. Whats a quick way to make them?

quick way to make potatoes is poking holes in it with a fork, wrap it in plastic wrap, and put it in the microwave for about 5 min or until its done. if you can get the ziploc steamer bags you can poke the holes in the potato and put it in the bag and put it in for about 5 min. hope it helps

In Flames
07-11-09, 2:34 am
Anyone seen the YouTube video of John Cena grocery shopping? He bought 7 gallons of a milk (a gallon of milk a day), 7 Dozen Eggs (1 Dozen each morning for Breakfast), then he bought I don't know how many lbs of Chicken and Meat/Ground Beef. He was like these are the staples that I have to get in everyday every week. Pretty cool video.

destroypain07
07-15-09, 9:32 pm
I stick with a ton of egg whites, whole eggs, oatmeal, weight gainers, eye of round, yams, protien bars, and shit everynow and then give me some chipotle. also peanut butter on oatmeal bread with a protien shake is damn good evry day

Romeo
08-28-13, 3:42 pm
I'm starting my bulk and read so much great ideas on putting on MASS!
can't wait to hit the grocery store and start the meal preps!
Im planning to go with a 6 meal plan consisting of:

Meal 1: Real Gains Shake/6 egg whites/4 whole eggs/2 pancakes
Meal 2: 8oz steak/Red potatoes/broccoli
Meal 3: Real Gains Shake
Meal 4: 8oz steak/Red potatoes/broccoli
Meal 5: Real Gains Shake
Meal 6: 6oz grilled chicken or salmon/broccoli

I'm 5'6" and weight 160lbs. any suggestions or advice on this plan??

Dman
08-29-13, 3:59 am
I'm starting my bulk and read so much great ideas on putting on MASS!
can't wait to hit the grocery store and start the meal preps!
Im planning to go with a 6 meal plan consisting of:

Meal 1: Real Gains Shake/6 egg whites/4 whole eggs/2 pancakes
Meal 2: 8oz steak/Red potatoes/broccoli
Meal 3: Real Gains Shake
Meal 4: 8oz steak/Red potatoes/broccoli
Meal 5: Real Gains Shake
Meal 6: 6oz grilled chicken or salmon/broccoli

I'm 5'6" and weight 160lbs. any suggestions or advice on this plan??

Looks like a pretty solid meal plan to me! I'm about the same height & weight & I need to add mass too I'll take some notes here I swear I've been on a weight plateu can't seem to bust through.

Romeo
08-29-13, 10:20 am
Looks like a pretty solid meal plan to me! I'm about the same height & weight & I need to add mass too I'll take some notes here I swear I've been on a weight plateu can't seem to bust through.

Lets do this brother!

Dman
08-29-13, 12:49 pm
Lets do this brother!

Yeah I'm in let's do it bro! Mass Attack!!