PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland OH Animals

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

deanna7272
01-17-13, 8:50 am
Even though Titans is less than 10-15min from my house. I would think Worlds might be easier for most, since we seem to have a lot of guys come over from the Toledo area, it would be an extra hour drive for them to go to Titans, but i am up for either.

I don't think I knew that you were from Willoughby... Didn't realize that... My ex lived in Willoughby when we first met.. I spent every other weekend up there (plus months at a time when I had my surgery)... I love it up there (or maybe it was just the change if scenery...lol). I know exactly where Titans is, I have shopped in Mentor daily....lol

freighttraindane
01-17-13, 8:58 am
I don't think I knew that you were from Willoughby... Didn't realize that... My ex lived in Willoughby when we first met.. I spent every other weekend up there (plus months at a time when I had my surgery)... I love it up there (or maybe it was just the change if scenery...lol). I know exactly where Titans is, I have shopped in Mentor daily....lol

Haha small world D. You probably didn't know because I just moved to Willoughby in May of 2012. i am originally from the westside of Cleveland. But I work on the east side in Beachwood, so it made sense to live closer to work. Willoughby/Mentor area is fantastic, there is everything you could need in that area.

smoothballer
01-17-13, 9:02 am
Haha small world D. You probably didn't know because I just moved to Willoughby in May of 2012. i am originally from the westside of Cleveland. But I work on the east side in Beachwood, so it made sense to live closer to work. Willoughby/Mentor area is fantastic, there is everything you could need in that area.

West Side is the Best Side

deanna7272
01-17-13, 9:29 am

I know... I really liked it up there... Everything was at my fingertips... I almost took a part time teaching job at Chagrin Falls, but decided that he was moving down here instead... I will say... I wish we had a Marc's down here....lol.

CrystalLake
01-17-13, 7:34 pm
Also for CrystalLake's question, we don't usually do them before noon so people traveling can make it. I am thinking noon would be good for this one.

Totally understandable. I can make noon w/o any issues.

smoothballer
01-19-13, 2:32 pm
All right the only thing I have heard is World Gym so I will talk to them when I go this week. And will have it on Feb 2nd at noon. Sound good?

RedlegDbell
01-19-13, 6:54 pm
All right the only thing I have heard is World Gym so I will talk to them when I go this week. And will have it on Feb 2nd at noon. Sound good?

Sure does. I'll definitely try to make it.

smoothballer
01-21-13, 7:22 pm
Cleveland ABC

Where: World Gym http://www.worldgym.com/index.php?page=localGym&gymId=1174
Address: 5248 Cobblestone Road, Sheffield Vlg, OH 44035
When: Saturday, February 2nd - 12:00 PM
PWO Meal: Either the Chinese Buffet two doors down or Quaker Steak and Lube which is less than 5 minute drive

Attending
- smoothballer

smoothballer
01-21-13, 7:29 pm
Forgot Cost...

smoothballer
01-21-13, 7:30 pm
Cleveland ABC

Where: World Gym http://www.worldgym.com/index.php?page=localGym&gymId=1174
PWO Meal: Either the Chinese Buffet two doors down or Quaker Steak and Lube which is less than 5 minute drive
Cost: $5.00

Attending
- smoothballer

CrystalLake
01-21-13, 9:49 pm
Count me in!

deanna7272
01-21-13, 9:57 pm
Cleveland ABC

Where: World Gym http://www.worldgym.com/index.php?pa...Gym&gymId=1174

Attending
- smoothballer
- CrystalLake
- deanna7272 +1 (possibly)

Thunder Chicken
01-23-13, 7:27 pm
Mannnnn!!! i always miss these ABC's in Cleveland! i went to the big one back in the day and its hard to get Saturdays off. i got Sunday off lol count me out :( i will try again next time!

Big C
01-23-13, 9:10 pm
It it looking good for this one I'm about an hour away. As long as I don't have to take a work rotation which I probably will not..

smoothballer
01-24-13, 11:10 am
Mannnnn!!! i always miss these ABC's in Cleveland! i went to the big one back in the day and its hard to get Saturdays off. i got Sunday off lol count me out :( i will try again next time!

Hopefully one of these times it will line up with your schedule

It it looking good for this one I'm about an hour away. As long as I don't have to take a work rotation which I probably will not..

Sweet. Will be good to see you C

freighttraindane
01-24-13, 11:12 am
Cleveland ABC

Attending
- smoothballer
- CrystalLake
- deanna7272 +1 (possibly)
- freighttraindane
- Big C

deanna7272
01-24-13, 12:11 pm
Cleveland ABC

Attending
- smoothballer
- CrystalLake
- deanna7272
- freighttraindane
- Big C

Big C
01-24-13, 7:58 pm
Chinese buffets are great, but Quaker Steak sounds awesome and is something different out of the ordinary. It really doesn't matter to me though.

deanna7272
01-24-13, 9:53 pm
Talked to Ryan tonight, he may be making his way over... And Carol may come up with me also, I guess... I will update when I find out for sure...

mulisha
01-24-13, 10:01 pm
I'm gona see if I can call off that day lol I would really like to meet some Ohio animals

mulisha
01-24-13, 10:03 pm
Gps says 2 hr 30 min

knucklehead
01-24-13, 11:46 pm
I'm down. It'll be my first abc.
Possibly a +1

deanna7272
01-25-13, 12:23 am
Cleveland ABC

Attending
- smoothballer
- CrystalLake
- deanna7272
- freighttraindane
- Big C
- knucklehead (possibly +1)

smoothballer
01-25-13, 8:12 am
Chinese buffets are great, but Quaker Steak sounds awesome and is something different out of the ordinary. It really doesn't matter to me though.

I am fine with whatever the masses want, but those are the 2 closest place that are up to Animal Post Workout standards

Talked to Ryan tonight, he may be making his way over... And Carol may come up with me also, I guess... I will update when I find out for sure...

Sweet. Hoping for a big turnout.

I'm gona see if I can call off that day lol I would really like to meet some Ohio animals

Gps says 2 hr 30 min

Come on up.

I'm down. It'll be my first abc.
Possibly a +1

Awesome. I still remember my first ABC up in Detroit. Haven't looked back since.

Flash419
01-25-13, 11:44 pm
Cleveland ABC

Attending
- smoothballer
- CrystalLake
- deanna7272
- freighttraindane
- Big C
- Flash419 +2 (maybe more)

Big C
01-25-13, 11:53 pm
Flash in the house. Now it's official.

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 1:28 pm
What is everyone training on Saturday? Really looking forward to this, been a while since my last ABC, pretty sure I am squatting on saturday.

deanna7272
01-28-13, 2:07 pm
What is everyone training on Saturday? Really looking forward to this, been a while since my last ABC, pretty sure I am squatting on saturday.

I was wondering the same... I need to now how to work my split this week...lol. Christmas threw a monkey wrench into it and now my days are all off...lol

RedlegDbell
01-28-13, 2:22 pm
Really good chance I make it! I have deads/back on Saturdays.

smoothballer
01-28-13, 2:34 pm

Really good chance I make it! I have deads/back on Saturdays.

I am going to do some upper back,traps, and biceps today so I can hit some deads and other back on Saturday

I was wondering the same... I need to now how to work my split this week...lol. Christmas threw a monkey wrench into it and now my days are all off...lol

X-Mas was over a month ago... Sounds like 2013 is going to be all off at this rate... LOL

CrystalLake
01-28-13, 3:30 pm
Perfect! Saturday is back day for me too.

deanna7272
01-28-13, 3:30 pm
X-Mas was over a month ago... Sounds like 2013 is going to be all off at this rate... LOL

This is how my life goes, are you JUST figuring this out??? Lol...

I will tell you, my days have been all f'ed since Turkey Day was a week early... I have lost track of the date... Stopped carrying my planner to remind me what day it is...

((PS... Don't judge buddy, you will be old one day too....))

smoothballer
01-28-13, 3:44 pm
This is how my life goes, are you JUST figuring this out??? Lol...

I will tell you, my days have been all f'ed since Turkey Day was a week early... I have lost track of the date... Stopped carrying my planner to remind me what day it is...

((PS... Don't judge buddy, you will be old one day too....))

I will be forever young. Just you wait and see...

deanna7272
01-28-13, 4:28 pm
I will be forever young. Just you wait and see...

Be careful what you wish for, SOME things get better with age... ;-)

RedlegDbell
01-28-13, 4:39 pm
I am going to do some upper back,traps, and biceps today so I can hit some deads and other back on Saturday

Perfect! Saturday is back day for me too.

Great! This will be a great way to spend a Saturday for sure. And D, I can relate to your issues myself lol

Flash419
01-29-13, 11:59 pm
Looks like Arms for me....

Anyone want to join me, let me know

mritter3
01-30-13, 8:36 am
wish i could be there to kill it with ya all, with the lil one and work and such i pretty much had to choose between this and the arnold...well i know what we all would have chose...c ya in cbus everyone!

deanna7272
01-30-13, 9:25 am
Talked to Ryan...me can't make it, he has a prior commitment (his Izzy has a bday party to go to... :-)...). Hoping the weather cooperates!!! I have a Jeep and have navigated to Cleveland for a few years in far worse weather...lol. Crossing my fingers for no snow!!

smoothballer
01-30-13, 9:27 am
Talked to Ryan...me can't make it, he has a prior commitment (his Izzy has a bday party to go to... :-)...). Hoping the weather cooperates!!! I have a Jeep and have navigated to Cleveland for a few years in far worse weather...lol. Crossing my fingers for no snow!!

Got big tires on the jeep? Should be no problem whatever the weather which is a shot in the dark for Cleveland. It is 60 today but could be 10 the next lol

deanna7272
01-30-13, 9:30 am
Got big tires on the jeep? Should be no problem whatever the weather which is a shot in the dark for Cleveland. It is 60 today but could be 10 the next lol

Tell me about it... I was off school Monday due to the ice and Tuesday it was 65!!! I was just thinking, we were coming up to meet Big C and ride with him from that point... I may just end up loading him up and bringing him in the Jeep, if need be...lol

freighttraindane
01-31-13, 2:22 pm
Any last minute additions for the Cleveland ABC this Saturday?

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 1:11 pm
Cleveland ABC

Attending
- smoothballer - training Back/deads
- CrystalLake - training Back/deads
- deanna7272
- freighttraindane - training legs/squats
- Big C
- Flash419 +2 (maybe more)
- Redlegdbell - training Back/deads

knucklehead
02-01-13, 4:30 pm
Can't make it. Gotta work Saturday now

deanna7272
02-01-13, 6:00 pm
Hey guys, just checking in... What's the weather doing and what's expected??

BuddyBuilder
02-01-13, 8:06 pm
I might be there +1

smoothballer
02-01-13, 8:21 pm
Can't make it. Gotta work Saturday now

Sucks bro. Next time.

Hey guys, just checking in... What's the weather doing and what's expected??

The west side of Cleveland didn't get hit hard at all with less than an inch. Don't think tomorrow is supposed to bring anything that would effect travel in the area. It is ohio weather though. Haha

I might be there +1

Sweet

MonsterMorley
02-01-13, 9:57 pm
Count me in

deanna7272
02-01-13, 10:00 pm
Cool... Carol and I are headed up to C'a then on up to Cleveland... We are expecting 4 inches over the next 36 hours, but Carol said they are expecting some tonight... Who knows, I will keep everyone posted!!! Plan on the 3 of us!!

CrystalLake
02-02-13, 10:41 am
Weather is a bit rough here in Akron. I live next to I-76 and traffic is stopped. The last thing I need is to be late this afternoon to my wedding stuff. I'd be a dead man! LOL.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass, and wait for the next Akron one.

RedlegDbell
02-02-13, 10:57 am
I'll have to wait for the next one too. I just failed to drag myself out of bed in time this morning.

deanna7272
02-02-13, 11:03 am
Carol texted this morning, she couldn't make it due to weather(she had almost an hour to get to me) I dozed back off and got up a litle later than expected. Got ready, got in my a jeep and realized it was already 10, 3 hours up and we would've been an hour late!!! Dressed for the ABC, gonna train at the Shop as if I was there... ;-). Maybe I'll get some pics and we can photoshop me in the gallery?? ..lol. There in spirit brothers!!! Sorry guys, I really had my heart set in coming up!!!

My suggestion... SUMMER ABC's in Cleveland...lol.

smoothballer
02-02-13, 11:26 am
Weather is a bit rough here in Akron. I live next to I-76 and traffic is stopped. The last thing I need is to be late this afternoon to my wedding stuff. I'd be a dead man! LOL.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass, and wait for the next Akron one.

I'll have to wait for the next one too. I just failed to drag myself out of bed in time this morning.

Carol texted this morning, she couldn't make it due to weather(she had almost an hour to get to me) I dozed back off and got up a litle later than expected. Got ready, got in my a jeep and realized it was already 10, 3 hours up and we would've been an hour late!!! Dressed for the ABC, gonna train at the Shop as if I was there... ;-). Maybe I'll get some pics and we can photoshop me in the gallery?? ..lol. There in spirit brothers!!! Sorry guys, I really had my heart set in coming up!!!

Wow. Looks like right now it will just be less than 5 of us. Damn Ohio weather.

Christman
02-02-13, 1:22 pm

Haha!

smoothballer
02-02-13, 5:39 pm
Thanks to all the people that made it through all the snow to train. It was a great time. Hopefully the weather cooperates more next time.

deanna7272
02-02-13, 5:48 pm
Thanks to all the people that made it through all the snow to train. It was a great time. Hopefully the weather cooperates more next time.

So sorry again, Derek... We had ALL intentions on coming... Big C sent a pic roads this afternoon and along with what we have here, it's probably best that we didn't make the trip...

Hope all that were able to make it hit it hard for all of us!! I know I did here, and I'm sure Big C and Carol did as well!!! Next time...

smoothballer
02-02-13, 9:19 pm
So sorry again, Derek... We had ALL intentions on coming... Big C sent a pic roads this afternoon and along with what we have here, it's probably best that we didn't make the trip...

Hope all that were able to make it hit it hard for all of us!! I know I did here, and I'm sure Big C and Carol did as well!!! Next time...

No worries at all Dee. It was nasty weather. Much worse than I expected it to be. Everyone was running late because of it. Next time for sure.

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 11:40 am
We have a special ABC event for Akron at The Body Builders Gym on Tuesday night, 2/26/13 tentatively at 6:00 or 6:30pm... Stay tuned for more info and get the word out fellas. This one should be big.

smoothballer
02-06-13, 12:24 pm
We have a special ABC event for Akron at The Body Builders Gym on Tuesday night, 2/26/13 tentatively at 6:00 or 6:30pm... Stay tuned for more info and get the word out fellas. This one should be big.

Sweet. I am hoping my schedule and the Ohio weather will allow me to make this!

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 1:51 pm
Sweet. I am hoping my schedule and the Ohio weather will allow me to make this!

Date is circled... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40271-SPECIAL-ABC-EVENT-The-Body-Builders-Gym-%28Akron-OH%29-2-26-13

Universal Rep
02-07-13, 2:30 pm
Date is circled... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40271-SPECIAL-ABC-EVENT-The-Body-Builders-Gym-%28Akron-OH%29-2-26-13

Also for Pittsburgh... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40280-Special-ABC-Warehouse-Gym-%28Pittsburgh-PA%29-2-25-13&p=1292733#post1292733

bubba29
03-05-13, 8:09 pm
guys, i am having a grip strength comp. in april in the medina area...check this thread for info

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40113-Akron-Stronghands-Wounded-Warrior-Fundraiser-April-27th&p=1283714#post1283714

fyi, i started a website for this fundraiser event

http://akronstronghands.blogspot.com/2013/03/divisions-and-weight-classes.html

smoothballer
03-06-13, 10:43 am
All right Bros and Gals. I know everyone is coming off the high from the Arnold so I want to keep it going. After talking to Dee there is the 2013 NPC Natural Ohio Bodybuilding Show in Lakewood on April 6 that Flash419 is competing in. So I am suggestion we do a 2:00 PM ABC at Old School Iron Gym (formally Iron Asylum) which is about 15 minutes from the show for those attending. Pre-judging is at 10 AM and the finals are at 5:30 PM so there is time in between to lift and eat.

For those who haven't been to the new OSIG it has a monolift, 3 squat racks, chains, bands, strongman equipment, prowlers, hammer strength, DB's up to 175 lbs. And the owner TJ has always been pretty cool about us coming to his spot.

So who's interested in OSIG on April 6th at 2:00 PM?

RedlegDbell
03-06-13, 11:18 am
All right Bros and Gals. I know everyone is coming off the high from the Arnold so I want to keep it going. After talking to Dee there is the 2013 NPC Natural Ohio Bodybuilding Show in Lakewood on April 6 that Flash419 is competing in. So I am suggestion we do a 2:00 PM ABC at Old School Iron Gym (formally Iron Asylum) which is about 15 minutes from the show for those attending. Pre-judging is at 10 AM and the finals are at 5:30 PM so there is time in between to lift and eat.

For those who haven't been to the new OSIG it has a monolift, 3 squat racks, chains, bands, strongman equipment, prowlers, hammer strength, DB's up to 175 lbs. And the owner TJ has always been pretty cool about us coming to his spot.

Heak yeah I am! I will see what I can do. Maybe get a car full of people up there with me.

ClevlndHeathen
03-06-13, 1:54 pm

I'd hit it with ya!

freighttraindane
03-06-13, 1:54 pm

Yeah i'd be in, gotta keep the momentum going from the Cage

Thunder Chicken
03-07-13, 10:52 am
that would be fine with me, like i said on the Columbus ABC page, i know what i work 3 weeks out so i always need to know ASAP lol and that it just right out of that range i should be able to put in for it off.

conjugalburns
03-07-13, 10:53 am

I'll play it by ear. If I'm not too busy with school, Im def down to come home that weekend and train with you guys

smoothballer
03-07-13, 12:19 pm
All right it seems like there is enough interest and people need enough time to plan so I will reach out to TJ tonight about having one on April 6th at 2:00 PM at Old School Iron Gym.

Sound good?

Phil800101
03-09-13, 3:31 am
Date:

Sunday April 14, 2013

Time:

10:00 AM

Pro Gym
1023 Station Drive
Oswego, IL 60543

http://progymoswego.com/

Food:

To be decided.

This is where the Lilliebridge's train. We talked to Ernie Sr. at the National ABC, and he invited us to come out on a Sunday. I know he will be there, I'm not sure about Ernie Jr. or Eric. Either way, this is going to be a good one.

smoothballer
03-10-13, 8:06 pm
Cleveland ABC - April 6th

Where: Old School Iron Gym (formally Iron Asylum Gym) http://www.osigym.com/
Address: 5133 W.140th Street Unit B Brookpark, OH 44142
When: Saturday, Arpil 6th - 2:00 PM
PWO Meal: TBD...
Gym Cost: $10.00

Additional Info:
- The 2013 NPC Natural Ohio Bodybuilding Show in Lakewood, OH that out own Flash419 is competing in is the same day. So I am suggestion we do a 2:00 PM start time. The gym is about 15 minutes from the show for those attending. Pre-judging is at 10 AM and the finals are at 5:30 PM so there is time in between to lift and eat. http://www.daveliberman.com/april-2013-poster.pdf
- Also OSIG has a monolift, 3 squat racks, chains, bands, strongman equipment, prowlers, hammer strength, DB's up to 175 lbs, and much more. This gym is sick.

Attending
- smoothballer

deanna7272
03-10-13, 8:30 pm
Will be there and possibly have a couple in tow... ;-)

smoothballer
03-10-13, 8:33 pm
Will be there and possibly have a couple in tow... ;-)

No Snow, No Snow, No Snow!!!!

MAB
03-10-13, 9:20 pm
I will put my name down as tentative for now :)

deanna7272
03-10-13, 9:34 pm
No Snow, No Snow, No Snow!!!!

It better not...

freighttraindane
03-11-13, 8:45 am

Additional Info:
- The 2013 NPC Natural Ohio Bodybuilding Show in Lakewood, OH that out own Flash419 is competing in is the same day. So I am suggestion we do a 2:00 PM start time. The gym is about 15 minutes from the show for those attending. Pre-judging is at 10 AM and the finals are at 5:30 PM so there is time in between to lift and eat. http://www.daveliberman.com/april-2013-poster.pdf
- Also OSIG has a monolift, 3 squat racks, chains, bands, strongman equipment, prowlers, hammer strength, DB's up to 175 lbs, and much more. This gym is sick.

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane

smoothballer
03-11-13, 10:04 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Thunder Chicken (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)

Christman
03-11-13, 10:13 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- Domichi (maybe)

smoothballer
03-11-13, 10:15 am
I see a lot of maybes. Let's turn those into yeses!!!!

smoothballer
03-12-13, 12:01 pm
Old School Iron Gym just reorganized their gym. Here are some pics and YES they are a Westside Barbell Certified Gym

https://www.box.com/s/96p8j66swfikute23n73

freighttraindane
03-14-13, 9:55 am
I am very suprised there isn't more interest in this event with all of us coming off the motivation from the Cage.

Christman
03-14-13, 10:16 am
I am very suprised there isn't more interest in this event with all of us coming off the motivation from the Cage.

No shit. I think I can safely change my status from 'maybe' to 'HELL YEAH' now. Looks like I'm going to make it.

Thunder Chicken
03-14-13, 10:18 am

O i am highly interested lol, i just have to wait and see what my work says, i find out today!!!! and you will know asap! lol also i will be up that way again sometime in mid April for a Indians vs. red sox game lol

Christman
03-14-13, 10:19 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)

Thunder Chicken
03-14-13, 10:36 am
also if come i started something a few ABC's back where i try and break a PR, i use ABC's as a meet for me lol i broke my bench PR by like 50lbs at the last one is Columbus (not the National ABC) so if i did come i would like to break my squat max, if possible its set at 340lbs for 1 rep right now.

freighttraindane
03-14-13, 10:38 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)

Nice, Domichi in the house!

also when if come i started something a few ABC's back where i try and break a PR, i use ABC's as a meet for me lol i broke my bench PR by like 50lbs at the last one is Columbus (not the National ABC) so if i did come i would like to break my squat max, if possible its set at 340lbs for 1 rep right now.

Nice, squatapolooza!

Thunder Chicken
03-14-13, 10:41 am
Nice, squatapolooza!

Im down for that lol lets all break Pr's lol

smoothballer
03-14-13, 12:52 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)

Awesome! You are from C-Bus, right? I know Trebin is trying to catch a ride with someone from that area. Maybe you guys can work something out.

also if come i started something a few ABC's back where i try and break a PR, i use ABC's as a meet for me lol i broke my bench PR by like 50lbs at the last one is Columbus (not the National ABC) so if i did come i would like to break my squat max, if possible its set at 340lbs for 1 rep right now.

I like what I am hearing!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Chicken
03-15-13, 9:59 am
I like what I am hearing!!!!!!!!!

well if you like that.....i got the day off, im in! you might need to show me where the hospital is after this workout lol

Christman
03-15-13, 10:02 am
[QUOTE=smoothballer;1304566]Awesome! You are from C-Bus, right? I know Trebin is trying to catch a ride with someone from that area. Maybe you guys can work something out.

Yeah, from Columbus. I'll be talking with Trebin soon and we'll figure something out.

freighttraindane
03-15-13, 10:11 am
well if you like that.....i got the day off, im in! you might need to show me where the hospital is after this workout lol

Nice TC!! see ya in a few weeks

Yeah, from Columbus. I'll be talking with Trebin soon and we'll figure something out.

sounds good, Animal brothers coming together

RedlegDbell
03-15-13, 2:44 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
I'd say I'm probable for this one! Love that it's not until 2. Makes it easier for those of us that struggle to roll out of bed at 0'dark:30 LOL.

smoothballer
03-15-13, 4:06 pm

Hospital is near by. Been there a couple times haha. One sports related one baby related.

[QUOTE=smoothballer;1304566]Awesome! You are from C-Bus, right? I know Trebin is trying to catch a ride with someone from that area. Maybe you guys can work something out.

Cool man. It's awesome that people come together like this

I'd say I'm probable for this one! Love that it's not until 2. Makes it easier for those of us that struggle to roll out of bed at 0'dark:30 LOL.

Make it happen. I like the timing too.

smoothballer
03-15-13, 4:29 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Thunder Chicken
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- RedlegDbell (maybe)

Thunder Chicken
03-16-13, 10:40 am

do it!!!! lol it will be a "Squatapolooza" says freighttraindane lol

Hospital is near by. Been there a couple times haha. One sports related one baby related.

lol nice

RedlegDbell
03-17-13, 11:21 pm
do it!!!! lol it will be a "Squatapolooza" says freighttraindane lol

lol nice

Deadsapolooza for me on Saturdays lol. But hey, as long as it is somethingpolooza, a great time will be had!

smoothballer
03-18-13, 8:26 am
Deadsapolooza for me on Saturdays lol. But hey, as long as it is somethingpolooza, a great time will be had!

So is that a yes?

Firefist
03-18-13, 9:01 am
Ive been watchin this one and I'm still tentative if I can make it. I got a lot of engagements happening this month, so Im hard pressed to say yes definitely to anything at the moment. Believe I'm gonna do my best to make it though.

smoothballer
03-18-13, 9:22 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Thunder Chicken
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- RedlegDbell (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)

Thunder Chicken
03-18-13, 10:40 am

thats works also lol

RedlegDbell
03-18-13, 1:48 pm
So is that a yes?
I think it's time to call me a yes! Now I just need to establish who's coming with me.

smoothballer
03-18-13, 1:54 pm
I think it's time to call me a yes! Now I just need to establish who's coming with me.

#boomshakalaka

smoothballer
03-18-13, 1:55 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Thunder Chicken
- RedlegDbell
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)

Thunder Chicken
03-18-13, 3:21 pm

great see you there!!!!!

#boomshakalaka

well put haha couldn't have said it any better myself lol

Thunder Chicken
03-18-13, 3:22 pm
Still need more people!!!!!!! come on everyone!

freighttraindane
03-19-13, 10:27 am

Nice, look forward to slinging weights with ya

Ive been watchin this one and I'm still tentative if I can make it. I got a lot of engagements happening this month, so Im hard pressed to say yes definitely to anything at the moment. Believe I'm gonna do my best to make it though.

Nice FF, hope ya can make it

Cellardweller
03-22-13, 6:15 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Thunder Chicken
- RedlegDbell
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)
-Cellardweller (maybe, probably)

I should be able to make this.

freighttraindane
03-25-13, 10:38 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Thunder Chicken
- RedlegDbell
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Trebin (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)
-Cellardweller (maybe, probably)

Really looking forward to this next ABC. I train alone except for the ABCs, so looking forward to slinging some heavy stuff around with some other like-minded individuals!

Thunder Chicken
03-25-13, 12:12 pm
Im pumped well like i said i would like to break my PR of squat i looked it back up and it was 340lbs for 1......i went for 335 2 days ago and couldn't do it..... i hope i am ready to at least get 345!

RedlegDbell
03-25-13, 12:50 pm
Im pumped well like i said i would like to break my PR of squat i looked it back up and it was 340lbs for 1......i went for 335 2 days ago and couldn't do it..... i hope i am ready to at least get 345!
If you believe you can do it you're halfway there! See you soon.

freighttraindane
03-25-13, 1:20 pm

Nothing like some self-confidence and the animal brothers and sisters behind you to fuel a PR

smoothballer
03-25-13, 3:23 pm
Only a coupe more weeks!!!

Thunder Chicken
03-25-13, 5:14 pm

yep! Im not giving in just yet! lol see ya there!

Nothing like some self-confidence and the animal brothers and sisters behind you to fuel a PR

true! i hope it is the boost i need!

Only a coupe more weeks!!!

cant freakin wait!

Christman
03-25-13, 8:46 pm
As of now I'll have Trebin riding up with me, Madcat and BlondieWeaponX are 'maybes'. Still room for one more "normal" sized person to hitch a ride with me.

RedlegDbell
03-25-13, 9:16 pm
As of now I'll have Trebin riding up with me, Madcat and BlondieWeaponX are 'maybes'. Still room for one more "normal" sized person to hitch a ride with me.

I'm the same I think. SlimJim and Sief09 are probable so I should have room for another in our sled.

deanna7272
03-25-13, 10:00 pm
I'm the same I think. SlimJim and Sief09 are probable so I should have room for another in our sled.

I'm not sure who will be with me... Could be Bodey, could be Carol, could be.... ;-)

freighttraindane
03-26-13, 8:34 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- deanna7272 + (Bodey?, Carol?)
- Domichi
- Trebin
- Thunder Chicken
- RedlegDbell
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)
- Cellardweller (maybe, probably)

ClevlndHeathen
03-26-13, 1:49 pm
I wish I could but go figure I'll be leaving on the 5th for Iowa for two weeks with the guard.

freighttraindane
03-26-13, 2:01 pm
I wish I could but go figure I'll be leaving on the 5th for Iowa for two weeks with the guard.

Oh thats a shame, I am sure there will be more thoughout the year. Where do you train at?

MAB
03-26-13, 4:44 pm
I'm thinking its more of a possibility that Ill be there... Anyone from my area interested in carpooling?

RedlegDbell
03-26-13, 5:06 pm
I'm thinking its more of a possibility that Ill be there... Anyone from my area interested in carpooling?

Coming up from Cincy. We may have room. Tark may be headed up from Dayton but I think he has to wait until it's closer to know for sure.

MAB
03-26-13, 8:49 pm
Coming up from Cincy. We may have room. Tark may be headed up from Dayton but I think he has to wait until it's closer to know for sure.

Well if you all have room lemme know :) I will totally chip in for gas! And if Tark gets/ wants to go tell him to hit me up on here or FB if he's interested in carpooling... It's a long, boring drive by one's self :-/

Thunder Chicken
03-28-13, 9:43 am
change to mine

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- Domichi
- Trebin
- Thunder Chicken +2
- RedlegDbell
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)

freighttraindane
03-28-13, 9:53 am
change to mine

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane
- Domichi
- Trebin
- Thunder Chicken +2
- RedlegDbell
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Firefist (maybe)

Nice work TC!

Flash419
03-29-13, 3:30 pm
Anyone besides Dee going to Ohio Natural after?

My first show.. not expecting to win, but I'll be happy somewhere in the middle of the bunch. I'm doing both the Open Heavyweight and Master 40+.
Hope to see you there

smoothballer
03-31-13, 12:41 am

My first show.. not expecting to win, but I'll be happy somewhere in the middle of the bunch. I'm doing both the Open Heavyweight and Master 40+.
Hope to see you there

Good luck brother

freighttraindane
04-01-13, 8:42 am
Less than a week out everyone! Weather is supposed to be decent. Hope everyone can make it!

Firefist
04-01-13, 9:07 am
ahh sorry guys, I cant make it. I have a firearms training certification I agreed to a while back.

Firefist
04-01-13, 9:11 am

Hope to see you there

Good luck to you brother! Youre gonna do great.

freighttraindane
04-01-13, 9:15 am
ahh sorry guys, I cant make it. I have a firearms training certification I agreed to a while back.

Damn that sucks bro. Have fun at ur training class

freighttraindane
04-01-13, 2:36 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- freighttraindane (Squats)
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Trebin
- Thunder Chicken (Squats) +2
- RedlegDbell
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

What is everyone training on Saturday? I kow TC said he was squatting. I will be squatting also. Probably gonna go heavy since I start a new 10 week cycle of the Cube next week so I end the 10 weeks at the time of my meet. So why the hell not going heavy on saturday!

RedlegDbell
04-01-13, 11:58 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Trebin
- RedlegDbell (Deads/back) + maybe some other stuff for fun! I've never done a yoke walk before.
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

smoothballer
04-02-13, 8:34 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- smoothballer (Deads/Strongman)
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Trebin
- RedlegDbell (Deads/back) + maybe some other stuff for fun! I've never done a yoke walk before.
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

kcburrows
04-02-13, 8:52 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Trebin
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
-kcburrows +1 (maybe)

Blondie Weapon X
04-02-13, 8:59 am
Sadly I wont be coming this Saturday. Ill be coaching a double hitter away game.
Ill be there in spirit, as always!!
TRAIN & EAT like a BOSS!!

freighttraindane
04-02-13, 9:20 am
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi
- Trebin
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- Madcat (maybe)
- BlondieWeaponX (maybe)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
-kcburrows +1 (maybe)

nice, see ya in a couple days brother

Sadly I wont be coming this Saturday. Ill be coaching a double hitter away game.
Ill be there in spirit, as always!!
TRAIN & EAT like a BOSS!!

Aw you will be missed Blondie, good luck in your games

Christman
04-02-13, 9:23 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 + ?
- Domichi - either arms or chest/shoulders
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
-kcburrows +1 (maybe)

deanna7272
04-02-13, 9:34 am

When: Saturday, April 6th - 2:00 PM

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 + ? (Shoulders)
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
-kcburrows +1 (maybe)

freighttraindane
04-02-13, 9:40 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 + ?
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
-kcburrows +1 (maybe)

Domichi is Trebin still rolling up with you?

Christman
04-02-13, 9:43 am
Domichi is Trebin still rolling up with you?

Unfortunately not, I was chatting with him last night and he will not be able to make this one.

psychopathicr1
04-02-13, 2:54 pm
I'll be there saturday. not sure who's coming with me. might be a solo trip.

freighttraindane
04-02-13, 2:59 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders)
- Domichi - (arms or chest/shoulders)
- RedlegDbell (Deads/back + maybe some other stuff for fun! I've never done a yoke walk before)
- psychopathicr1
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)
- SlimJim (probable)
- Sief09 (probable)
- MAB (maybe)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

freighttraindane
04-02-13, 2:59 pm
I'll be there saturday. not sure who's coming with me. might be a solo trip.

Sounds good see ya on saturday

RedlegDbell
04-03-13, 12:03 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders)
- RedlegDbell (Deads/back + maybe some other stuff for fun! I've never done a yoke walk before)
- psychopathicr1
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)
- SlimJim (deads and other stuff??)
- Sief09 (deads and other stuff??)
- MAB
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

Thunder Chicken
04-03-13, 8:46 am
this is starting to sounds awesome! and painful lol

freighttraindane
04-03-13, 8:47 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders)
- psychopathicr1
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)
- MAB
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

Damn what a group!! looks like this is gonna be a great ABC on Saturday!

tark
04-03-13, 4:27 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders)
- psychopathicr1
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)
- MAB
- D-NUTZ (maybe)

count me in....ill be hitting shoulders

Cellardweller
04-03-13, 10:15 pm

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders)
- psychopathicr1
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)
- MAB
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- Cellardweller (Usually deads and shoulders on weekends)

I'll be there for sure.

RedlegDbell
04-03-13, 10:35 pm
Great! Glad you guys are making it to the party!

smoothballer
04-04-13, 8:01 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- deanna7272 (Shoulders) + ?
- Thunder Chicken (Squats) + 2
- psychopathicr1
- MAB
- Cellardweller
- tark (Shoulders)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)

smoothballer
04-04-13, 8:02 am
Now that's a damn fine looking group. Anyone else want in on the fun?

deanna7272
04-04-13, 9:30 am
Now that's a damn fine looking group. Anyone else want in on the fun?

The important question..... How far away is "MELT Bar and Grilled"...lol

HIGA MONSTER
04-04-13, 9:50 am
Is smoothballer going to wear his throwback "Webster Slaughter" jersey to the ABC?

Or is freighttraindane wearing his "Earnest Byner" throwback?

freighttraindane
04-04-13, 9:55 am
Is smoothballer going to wear his throwback "Webster Slaughter" jersey to the ABC?

damn fine choices and love that you know your Browns History. I prefer the often overlooked Kevin Mack, Bob Golic, or the ORIGINAL Clay Matthews!!

freighttraindane
04-04-13, 11:25 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- psychopathicr1
- MAB
- Cellardweller
- tark (Shoulders)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)

Looks like the Deads platform is gonna be busy. Me and TC will have the Monolift all to ourselves I guess. Might event give my new Krait Knee Wraps a go this weekend if I am feeling it!

smoothballer
04-04-13, 12:11 pm
The important question..... How far away is "MELT Bar and Grilled"...lol

Melt is about 15 minutes away. The food is ridonkulously good but it is a tiny place so the wait might be long. It is worth a call on Saturday.

I do have a throwback Bernie Kosar jersey Thank You Very Much. And I agree with Dane, a Clay Matthews jersey would be sick.

smoothballer
04-04-13, 12:27 pm
Speaking of grub, what is everyone thinking?

Dee threw out Melt which is an amazing place but the wait time might make it not feasible. It is worth a phone call to check out the wait time for the size of our party.

deanna7272
04-04-13, 12:57 pm
Speaking of grub, what is everyone thinking?

Dee threw out Melt which is an amazing place but the wait time might make it not feasible. It is worth a phone call to check out the wait time for the size of our party.

I have never been there, heard good things BUT I AM a card carrying member ...lol.

smoothballer
04-05-13, 10:40 am
1 more day.....

freighttraindane
04-05-13, 10:55 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- psychopathicr1
- MAB
- Cellardweller (deads)
- tark (Shoulders)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)

JUGGERNAUT
04-05-13, 11:55 am
Have a good time OH crew!

smoothballer
04-05-13, 12:23 pm
Have a good time OH crew!

We always do Juggs

HIGA MONSTER
04-05-13, 1:03 pm
damn fine choices and love that you know your Browns History. I prefer the often overlooked Kevin Mack, Bob Golic, or the ORIGINAL Clay Matthews!!
Clay Matthews was a beast....he was on my Fantasy Football team back in the day while in college.

RedlegDbell
04-06-13, 12:17 am

Additional Info:

Attending
- psychopathicr1
- MAB
- Cellardweller (deads)
- tark (Shoulders)
- D-NUTZ (maybe)
- kcburrows +1 (maybe)

Sadly, SlimJim isn't going to be able to make it. He'll be there in spirit for sure though.

Christman
04-06-13, 8:59 am
Excited for this today, Tark and I will be blasting shoulders and anyone is welcome to join us. See everyone soon!

tark
04-07-13, 10:16 am
glad i got to make it up to this event...was a great time and a kick ass gym!!

smoothballer
04-07-13, 11:04 am
An awesome session was had by all. I will get pics up soon. Sorry for the bros that got into the car accident on the way up but glad they are ok. We will have to schedule another one at OSIG because I know they were looking forward to lifting there.

Christman
04-07-13, 11:49 am
glad i got to make it up to this event...was a great time and a kick ass gym!!

x2

MAB
04-07-13, 1:39 pm
Alrighty guys! I know I asked those unfortunate enough to be trapped in a car with me for 3 hours about this. I wondered if members of the Forvm ever got together to do fun things like canoeing or even charity things like Dayton's mud volleyball for epilepsy? Here's something that I've seen floating around on Facebook and it looks like a helluva good time! Check out the video and let me know if anyone is interested in getting a team together! Looks like there will be one of these 5ks in Logan, Ohio.

http://5kfoamfest.com/locations/Columbus.php

I also wanted to throw these out there :)

There's a Color Run in Columbus (july) and the marathon itself goes right through the Short North which just so happens to be fairly close to Metro Fitness :) So if people were interested in doing this marathon I was thinking the day could go down like this:
First let me explain that this is a 5k and it's not about the marathon part, it's about the FUN part. The race workers throw paint at you (powdered paint) the whole way and you come out looking like a freaking rainbow! Then at the end there is a big block party. At the block part (wait for it) they have a freaking RIB FESTIVAL! Seriously some of the best ribs from around the UNITED STATES set up booths here (complete with their trophies from all over the states). So after we eat ribs we could get "cleaned up" and head to Metro for a lifting session... Like I said... just throwing it out there. check out the link and the videos. I did it last year and it was a really fun time.

http://thecolorrun.com/columbus/

Next is the Dayton Mud Volleyball which raises money for epilepsy. It's a really fun time. Could put together an Animal Forvm team and see how we fair at volleyball.

http://www.daytonmud.com/

AND if no one is interested in going to Cbus for the Color Run they are having one in Cinci in August :)

http://thecolorrun.com/cincinnati/

I've done the Color Run and the Dayton Mud Volleyball and both are fun times. Now I haven't done the Foam5K and would freaking kill to! It looks like a blast from your childhood past: water, mud, foam, blow up obstacles, etc :)

tark
04-07-13, 5:34 pm
An awesome session was had by all. I will get pics up soon. Sorry for the bros that got into the car accident on the way up but glad they are ok. We will have to schedule another one at OSIG because I know they were looking forward to lifting there.
look forward to seeing those pictures!! D you got a bunch too didnt you?

MAB
04-07-13, 5:48 pm
look forward to seeing those pictures!! D you got a bunch too didnt you?

Ditto!

smoothballer
04-08-13, 7:59 am
Alrighty guys! I know I asked those unfortunate enough to be trapped in a car with me for 3 hours about this. I wondered if members of the Forvm ever got together to do fun things like canoeing or even charity things like Dayton's mud volleyball for epilepsy? Here's something that I've seen floating around on Facebook and it looks like a helluva good time! Check out the video and let me know if anyone is interested in getting a team together! Looks like there will be one of these 5ks in Logan, Ohio.

http://5kfoamfest.com/locations/Columbus.php

I also wanted to throw these out there :)

There's a Color Run in Columbus (july) and the marathon itself goes right through the Short North which just so happens to be fairly close to Metro Fitness :) So if people were interested in doing this marathon I was thinking the day could go down like this:
First let me explain that this is a 5k and it's not about the marathon part, it's about the FUN part. The race workers throw paint at you (powdered paint) the whole way and you come out looking like a freaking rainbow! Then at the end there is a big block party. At the block part (wait for it) they have a freaking RIB FESTIVAL! Seriously some of the best ribs from around the UNITED STATES set up booths here (complete with their trophies from all over the states). So after we eat ribs we could get "cleaned up" and head to Metro for a lifting session... Like I said... just throwing it out there. check out the link and the videos. I did it last year and it was a really fun time.

http://thecolorrun.com/columbus/

Next is the Dayton Mud Volleyball which raises money for epilepsy. It's a really fun time. Could put together an Animal Forvm team and see how we fair at volleyball.

http://www.daytonmud.com/

AND if no one is interested in going to Cbus for the Color Run they are having one in Cinci in August :)

http://thecolorrun.com/cincinnati/

I've done the Color Run and the Dayton Mud Volleyball and both are fun times. Now I haven't done the Foam5K and would freaking kill to! It looks like a blast from your childhood past: water, mud, foam, blow up obstacles, etc :)

It would be cool to do some of these types of events as a group. I know the NJ and Chicago guys do Plane Pulls for charity. I am doing the Tough Mudder out in Chicago in May which has ties to the Wounder Warrior Project. I think with the right event there might be interest around these parts.

smoothballer
04-08-13, 8:00 am
Here are the pics from the ABC on 4/6/13:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.711541148956.1073741828.28500920&type=1&l=71aa43574f

MAB
04-14-13, 9:09 pm
Anyone else have pics they'll be postin from this most recent ABC?

tark
04-15-13, 8:02 pm
Anyone else have pics they'll be postin from this most recent ABC?

D is still slacking haha just kidding D ;)

Christman
04-15-13, 9:20 pm
I always tell myself that I want to take lots of pics when I go to ABC's but yet I never do. I guess I just get too sucked-in to my workout and forget.

deanna7272
04-15-13, 9:40 pm
D is still slacking haha just kidding D ;)

I always tell myself that I want to take lots of pics when I go to ABC's but yet I never do. I guess I just get too sucked-in to my workout and forget.

I have to upload from my phone to my laptop... It's a PITA, but I will get it done...

MAB
04-15-13, 9:54 pm
I have to upload from my phone to my laptop... It's a PITA, but I will get it done...

I seriously thought there were more cameras then Dee's and Smoothballer's? Dee, no rush! :) next ABC Ill bring my camera! Promise!

twoheadedboy
08-21-13, 2:14 pm
New Chicago-Area ABC scheduled!

When: Saturday, September 7th, 12pm
Where: Atlas Gym 2, Kenosha, WI http://www.atlasgym2.com/
Why: Fundraising drive for the LETR Plane Pull benefiting Special Olympics, sponsored by Phil Darin/Chicago ABC Chapter http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/chrishickman/PlanePull2013/team
Cost: TBD

Atlas Gym 2 is an awesome gym situated halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, about 5 miles east of I-94 which includes such implements as: Atlas stones, tires, kettlebells, deadlift platform, multiple power cages, competition bench, prowler, farmer's walk implements, bands, chains, deadlift platform...etc. etc. Bring your own chalk. They also have a smoothie bar.

Official post-gym eats will be at Captain Mike's Beer & Burger (& Whiskey) Bar, near the lake shore. Featuring a couple dozen craft taps (including an O'So tap exclusive to the Mike's locations, O'So being from Kenosha), the best burgers I've ever had outside of Kuma's in Chicago, over 100 whiskeys, mac & cheese of the week, and I've also seen a bloody mary that includes a mozzarella cheese stick (welcome to Wisconsin). Beer fans should also make plans to stop at Woodman's Grocery to stock up on New Glarus, only available in WI, for the cheapest prices available (you will overpay at Cheese Castle/Brat Stop/gas stations/etc.)

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm going to plan on breakfast at Frank's Diner in Kenosha (http://www.franksdinerkenosha.com/), a famous breakfast restaurant featured on the Food Network known for its garbage plates (a shit ton of meat, eggs, and potatoes basically) and the fact that it is built out of an actual boxcar, and after the ABC I plan on heading to Chicago to see Local H at the Metro for their last show with their current drummer.

Please post here if you plan to attend. I'm going to iron out the details with Atlas tonight.

tark
09-23-13, 9:31 pm
Dayton/Cincinnati
ABC
October 19th 1:00 P.M.
Pacifico Power Systems
2050 Republic Dr
Dayton Ohio 45414

grub after jimmie is supposed to be getting Zombie Dogz to be coming through...they offer gourmet hot dogs and is suppose to be pretty good!... if that falls through there are plenty of places to eat close by to choose from...lets get a roll call started

nick d
10-22-13, 8:17 pm
hey guys name is nick and I have been lifting for 5 yrs but bodybuilding style just recently changed over to powerlifting and body responds way better to it and was wondering if there is any abc in the next few months in the westside of Cleveland thanx much appreciated

forged in iron

tark
10-22-13, 9:05 pm
hey guys name is nick and I have been lifting for 5 yrs but bodybuilding style just recently changed over to powerlifting and body responds way better to it and was wondering if there is any abc in the next few months in the westside of Cleveland thanx much appreciated

forged in iron

nick welcome my man! there is actually going to a big ABC in columbus on november 23 that is the next one that im aware of...get with smoothballer to see about maybe getting something going up your way! look forward to seeing you around brotha

deanna7272
10-23-13, 8:17 am
The 5th Annual Ohio Valley Post Mid Atlantic Grand Prix WILL be held on NOVEMBER 17, 2013!!

WHERE:
The Body Shop Health and Fitness
Yorkville, Ohio 43971

WHEN:
November 17, 2013
12:00 - ??

PWO Meal:
To be decided by those in attendance!!

Wasn't sure if this was going to happen, but having several members at The Shop ask about it, I've decided that it should remain a tradition...

Would love to see you there!! If you have any questions, please contact me!!!

deanna7272
11-06-13, 4:22 pm
If you have not received an invite on FB, or did not see the invite...lol Please RSVP here so that I can get a true head count!! Appreciate it!!! ((+20 from FB))

Phil800101
01-01-14, 11:03 am
Date:

Saturday February 1st

Time:

1:00 PM

Quads South
745 Torrence Ave
Calumet City, IL 60409

Food:

To be determined.

JBaron
05-08-14, 10:23 am
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the Forvm and I just moved to Cleveland Heights. I figured this would be a good place to ask: does anyone know of any reputable gyms in the area? Possibly ones that are also hiring? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys sometime!

RedlegDbell
05-13-14, 2:27 pm
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the Forvm and I just moved to Cleveland Heights. I figured this would be a good place to ask: does anyone know of any reputable gyms in the area? Possibly ones that are also hiring? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys sometime!

Old School Iron Gym is a sick, sick gym but I don't know Cleveland geography at all. I know it's on the west side of town.

deanna7272
05-13-14, 10:23 pm

Same here on the Geography, even though I soent a couple years in and out of Willoughby/Mentor/Eastlake...lol Old School Iron is in Brook Park ... Has something for EVERYONE and had a bad ass atmosphere...

Mentor : Titan Gym, owner by Dave Liberman (Dave's a great guy and the best show promoter of ALL time!)
Strongsville : Elevated Fitness, managed by Santino DiBerardino, Suzie Scott-DiBerardino, Christen Tranchito & Gil Rivera (Suzie is my ex hubby's ex wife...lol We're cool, you can mention me...lol)
Chesterland : Anytime Fitness ... Not sure owners, but Suzie worked there when I was still with my ex, and I trained there before.
Painesville : YMCA... Newer facility, I liked it (for a Y)... New equipment, etc...

Hope that helps...those are mostly on the east side ...

freighttraindane
05-14-14, 9:39 am

Just to follow up on what everyone else has said.

Titans Mentor is legit place to lift. A bit pricey, but worth it in terms of atmosphere and equipment. i also heard they opened one in Twinsburg too
Old School Iron - Most badass place in the Cleveland area. Trained there for a few years when I lived on that side of town. Only reason I am not there now is that its 45-1hr away from me and I can't get there often enough. TJ the owner is a good dude, always been open to ABC events and is Westside Certified.

I lift at a shitty old Ballys in Willoughby that is now owned by Red Fitness 24/7. equipment is subpar and the people there yell at me from time to time for various things, but I keep to myself and do my own thing and they let me roll for the most part.

knotahumanbeing
06-13-14, 10:29 am
Just in case you haven't seen or heard. Myself along with Colerain Barbell will be hosting an ABC Military Charity fundraising event next month, 26 July 14. Check out the bump here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42543-ABC-Military-Charity-Fundraiser-Cincinnati-Ohio

If you guys have any questions and/or want to help/volunteer, whatever. Hit me up.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Blondie Weapon X
12-10-14, 4:05 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?11462-Columbus-OH-Animals&p=1395791&posted=1#post1395791

deanna7272
12-31-14, 12:17 am
Talked with Marco at Exercise Warehouse and it's a go!!! Scals is in town and will be training with us!!!

When: Saturday, January 10
Where: Exercise Warehouse
4042 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh
Time: 12:00-??
PWO Eats: TBA

I have a few from the OV Chapter coming up with me, and hopefully by spreading the word, we will have a decent turn out!!

Let me know if you can make it!! Spread the word also...

Blondie Weapon X
01-03-15, 10:55 pm
Details!!!!

ABC
January 17th, 2015!!

Begins at 11 AM

Focus Training Centers
http://focusedtrainingcenters.com/
1259 North Memorial Drive
Lancaster, Ohio 43130

You can/text me if you need 740-571-1564

Grub - Several place to go.
China Buffet right next door OR Golden Corral just down the road

Come early if you like. We'll be there by 9!

Need a head count ASAP so I can have a care package sent.

MAB
01-19-15, 12:30 pm
Feb 7
2:30
Power Station
4343 S Dixie Hwy
Middletown, Ohio 45005

Food: to be decided, there will be protein brownies to snack on.

Thread for roll call:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43456-Power-Station-ABC-Ohio

deanna7272
02-24-15, 10:36 am
Just wanted to keep you all in the loop...

I am in the process of getting an ABC lined up, for AFTER the Arnold, at Rocky Road Gym in Wintersville, Ohio... It has a little for everyone, bodybuilding, powerlifting, MMA stuff, grappling, etc... The owner has had his hands in several different aspects of this lifestyle and understands how important it is to make all aspects available!!

I am going to be chirping in his ear, going up to visit the gym ((I have a personal connection with him AND have sent some students up to his gym)) and letting him in on what the ABCs are about. I should have more info within the next couple weeks...

Just wanted to get in your head and plant the seed... ;-)

Hope to see you all at The Cage next weekend!!!!

Ahhhhhh.... Can't wait!!!!

~*~ D ~*~

MAB
03-22-15, 7:10 pm
Alright I'm putting out an official notice that the Dayton/Cincy gents and myself have an ABC in the works for June 27th at Eaton Barbell!

I wanna get a feel for who all on the Forvm would be interested and thinks they could make it. Not only that, but the idea is up in the air to follow this ABC with a "pool party" and BBQ. We wanted to get some feedback on that idea. Weren't sure how many people would be comfortable in their swimming gear.

Keep an eye out though! This is the date we're aiming for and it's in the works for two (maybe more) Animal athletes to make the trek out.

deanna7272
10-30-15, 1:46 pm
The Ohio Valley Chapter will having the 6th Annual Post NPC MAGP ABC!!

When November 15, 2015

Where: The Body Shop
Located in Yorkville, Ohio

Time: 12:00 to ???

PWO Meal : To be decided by those wishing to partake

If you are attending/competing at the show or a member at the Shop, attendance is free... All others $5

** Amir Mirandi (photographer at the show) will be there, if you would like some shots taken, please contact me ahead of time and we can get ya set up!!**

deanna7272
11-12-15, 11:02 am
The Ohio Valley Chapter will having the 6th Annual Post NPC MAGP ABC!!

When November 15, 2015

Where: The Body Shop
Located in Yorkville, Ohio

Time: 12:00 to ???

PWO Meal : To be decided by those wishing to partake

If you are attending/competing at the show or a member at the Shop, attendance is free... All others $5

** Amir Mirandi (photographer at the show) will be there, if you would like some shots taken, please contact me ahead of time and we can get ya set up!!**

Just giving a bump... Hope that some can make it up to The Shop on Sunday...

REMEMBER, WEAR YOUR ANIMAL GEAR!!!

Orin
03-08-16, 5:00 pm
Any talk of an ABC event in Cleveland any time soon?

Firefist
03-08-16, 5:12 pm

Derek, I'm looking at you.

deanna7272
03-08-16, 6:14 pm
Derek, I'm looking at you.

He mentioned it to me in his way out, so I bet it won't be long!!!

smoothballer
03-09-16, 7:50 am
I was talking to a few people about this at the Cage this weekend. It will most likely be at Old School Iron because let's be honest it is the most Animal-like gym in Cleveland. I will start looking at available dates. I am super busy in March and April so it might be in May or June unless I can find a free weekend day in there.

Stay tuned.....

smoothballer
03-09-16, 7:51 am

Where do you train at?

Ivanko86
03-09-16, 12:05 pm
I was talking to a few people about this at the Cage this weekend. It will most likely be at Old School Iron because let's be honest it is the most Animal-like gym in Cleveland. I will start looking at available dates. I am super busy in March and April so it might be in May or June unless I can find a free weekend day in there.

Stay tuned.....

Man this would be awesome! I know for sure TJ Slomka the owner would love to have this. I as well as Orin train At Old School Iron. Best gym in Cleveland.

deanna7272
03-09-16, 12:11 pm
Man this would be awesome! I know for sure TJ Slomka the owner would love to have this. I as well as Orin train At Old School Iron. Best gym in Cleveland.

We have had one up there before and it was such a great gym... Definitely accommodating to all!!

Ivanko86
03-09-16, 12:18 pm
We have had one up there before and it was such a great gym... Definitely accommodating to all!!

If you haven't been up there recently the gym has changed for the better. 4 monos 4 Power racks 5 benches. I totally agree with you!

Orin
03-09-16, 3:37 pm
Where do you train at?

As Ivan mentioned, I'm up at Old School Iron. I've been going since it was Iron Asylum Gym on Lorain Rd. in Cleveland.

OSI would be a great venue for an ABC event.

smoothballer
03-09-16, 3:40 pm
As Ivan mentioned, I'm up at Old School Iron. I've been going since it was Iron Asylum Gym on Lorain Rd. in Cleveland.

OSI would be a great venue for an ABC event.

We did a huge regional ABC at the one on Lorain Rd and another one at the new spot awhile ago.

Orin
03-09-16, 3:42 pm
We did a huge regional ABC at the one on Lorain Rd and another one at the new spot awhile ago.

Ah got it. I missed out on both :-( didn't join the FORVM until just recently.

freighttraindane
03-09-16, 4:02 pm

well we have probably pumped into each other at one point. I used to train at the old gym and just briefly at the new one before I moved to the other side of town. TJ has done a great job with that place. I really miss training there.

smoothballer
03-09-16, 4:45 pm

Well now you are here so we will have to have another event.

well we have probably pumped into each other at one point. I used to train at the old gym and just briefly at the new one before I moved to the other side of town. TJ has done a great job with that place. I really miss training there.

Most likely this. I trained there for awhile as well.

freighttraindane is my brother

Orin
03-10-16, 12:15 pm

Most likely! Where do you train now?

Orin
03-10-16, 12:19 pm
Well now you are here so we will have to have another event.

Most likely this. I trained there for awhile as well.

freighttraindane is my brother

Love this reply! Sounds good to me, man.

Okay cool! Good to know and to meet you guys on here.

freighttraindane
03-10-16, 12:23 pm
Most likely! Where do you train now?

I just train at the local gym by my house, its a Red Fitness 24/7, nothing as good as OSI. But it works for know since I am recovering from knee surgery and can't go heavy anyways. But when I am able to I will be making a trip back to OSI to get my mind right with the atmosphere there.

Blondie Weapon X
06-04-16, 12:30 am
Columbus Animals will be holding the next ABC EVENT
JUNE 25TH
JACK'D FITNESS
LANCASTER OH 43130
Something for every lifter here.💪💪💪
Powerlifting
Bodybuilding
Strongman
Crossfit
Time still to be determined ⏰
Chow immediately afterwards

deanna7272
10-27-16, 10:42 am
Here we go again folks!!!

Where : The Body Shop in Yorkville Ohio
When : November 13, 2016
Time: 12-???
PWO eats... TBD

This ABC is the 7th annual post NPC MAGP/WV ABC ((always held the day after the show))... A few of our Forvm members are planning on doing the show (myself included) so I hope to have those members of the Legion there to represent... Hint hint...lol

Hope to see you there.... Any questions, hit me up!!

Blondie Weapon X
12-29-16, 3:46 am
Hey fellas!
Save the date for February 4th
Planning an ABC in Troy, Ohio at the Hybrid Strength gym
More information coming soon!!

Blondie Weapon X
12-29-16, 4:02 am
Here is the gym info.
http://www.hybridstrength.com/

More information as it develops!!

Blondie Weapon X
01-16-17, 10:49 am
Here is the gym info.
http://www.hybridstrength.com/

More information as it develops!!

We are just 19 DAYS out from this ABC Event!!
Hope to see EVERYONE!

deanna7272
11-05-17, 10:24 pm
Alright all...

8th Annual post Mid Atlantic Grand Prix Ohio Valley ABC (say that 3x fast...lol)

November 12, 2017
Noon to ???
The Body Shop in Yorkville, Ohio

I'm going to try to get some of my junior high and high school kids to come and see what it's all about. I have some that are getting interested in lifting and I want to make sure that they get some good information from those in the know... I'd love to see some of the Animal Family at this ABC to share some stories and knowledge.

Any questions, please contact me!!!