PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ghost
09-19-07, 11:41 am
Anyone in/around the detroit area want to get together and get some lifting sessions together, hit me up and we can arrange something!

Rob

Syringemouth
09-19-07, 11:46 am
Where are you located?

ghost
09-19-07, 11:47 am
i live in center line.

Syringemouth
09-19-07, 12:07 pm
What time do you train?

ghost
09-19-07, 12:09 pm
usually after work, around 5 or 6.

Syringemouth
09-19-07, 12:13 pm
Sorry bro, I'm done by 8:00am. I just can't do the afternoon / evening thing anymore. Good luck.

ghost
09-19-07, 12:14 pm
id love to do mornings, but im usually at work by 715/730...thanks though brother.

ghost
09-19-07, 12:23 pm
the exact txt i got from DigitalBeast is, "hey bro name the place and time and im there."

so, so far there are two of us...and i KNOW R.Bearse1 is coming down for it..or ill smoke him.

and i have a friend that is just getting in to the iron game that will come out with us.

list so far.
Rcrott1
R.Bearse1
Digitalbeast
my buddy shayne.

anyone else?

Preston
09-19-07, 12:59 pm
guess I need to buy an AP shirt huh...

ghost
09-19-07, 1:01 pm
guess I need to buy an AP shirt huh...

That, and get your ass up here to fucking train with us

Preston
09-19-07, 1:02 pm
give me a date, and i'll buy a train ticket. Just have Jenn come pick me up :)

ghost
09-19-07, 1:02 pm
hahaha. sweet

Preston
09-19-07, 1:06 pm
hahaha. sweet

I'm a big eater though, we'll need to hit up the grocery store for sure. :-p

Preston
09-19-07, 1:09 pm
That, and get your ass up here to fucking train with us

I need to buy that, and some supplements...someone is running me dry with receiving a nice birthday present of GH and Natural Sterol Complex and some Gro Pro.

Yeah, you're welcome. lol

ghost
09-19-07, 1:12 pm
I need to buy that, and some supplements...someone is running me dry with receiving a nice birthday present of GH and Natural Sterol Complex and some Gro Pro.

Yeah, you're welcome. lol

wait, you are sending me all that???

Preston
09-19-07, 1:13 pm
wait, you are sending me all that???

Cha, happy late birthday bitch. :)

ghost
09-19-07, 1:13 pm
Cha, happy late birthday bitch. :)

early brother. my birthday is in november.

you rock brother! i really dont know what to say for those.....

ghost
09-19-07, 1:19 pm
I'm a big eater though, we'll need to hit up the grocery store for sure. :-p

definitely. we can have a bbq at my place after we all lift.

Preston
09-19-07, 1:20 pm
definitely. we can have a bbq at my place after we all lift.

I'll bring my debit card....wait, got any coupons?

HAHAHAHA.

God, that was funny.

ghost
09-19-07, 1:21 pm
I'll bring my debit card....wait, got any coupons?

HAHAHAHA.

God, that was funny.

LMFAO....awesome.

Preston
09-19-07, 1:22 pm
LMFAO....awesome.

Yea...but seriously there, where would we train? If we're doin shrugs, we need more than 300lbs bro. You and I both know that. :)

Preston
09-19-07, 1:24 pm
early brother. my birthday is in november.

you rock brother! i really dont know what to say for those.....

"I'll let you stay at my place." :D

ghost
09-19-07, 1:24 pm
Yea...but seriously there, where would we train? If we're doin shrugs, we need more than 300lbs bro. You and I both know that. :)

There is a powerhouse that Digital belongs too, we could see about doing it there...or there is always Jens school. lol.

Preston
09-19-07, 1:25 pm
There is a powerhouse that Digital belongs too, we could see about doing it there...or there is always Jens school. lol.

Liftin' with the swimteam....awesome. :D lol

ghost
09-19-07, 1:26 pm
no way, id make sure they werent there.

Preston
09-19-07, 1:28 pm
no way, id make sure they werent there.

hahaha. Thank you :)

ghost
09-19-07, 1:28 pm
"I'll let you stay at my place." :D

DONE

Preston
09-19-07, 1:29 pm
DONE

SWEET! I'm so coming up before the training session though. Just to get my room situated. :) loll

ghost
09-19-07, 1:30 pm
SWEET! I'm so coming up before the training session though. Just to get my room situated. :) loll

awesome. it is a lovely guest room upstairs that has a futon in it.

ghost
09-19-07, 1:31 pm
hahaha. Thank you :)

anytime brother.

squattingtillipuke
09-19-07, 2:56 pm
rcrott

not sure if you have set a date or a place for this shindig yet but I'm considering it bro...let me know some specifics so I can see if I can adjust my schedule around and head out east...

mick

SomeDayI'llBeXL
09-19-07, 3:09 pm
Hey brothers,

IM about an hour outside of detroit, im from brighton. Keep me posted on the date and time.

Good Luck Brothers

Testpolska
09-19-07, 3:31 pm
What up guys? I'm from Macomb County not too far outside of detroit. When you guys plan on doing this? and Where at? I'm 17, if you guys don't mind having a young blood around I'd really enjoy coming out.

ghost
09-19-07, 4:42 pm
rcrott

not sure if you have set a date or a place for this shindig yet but I'm considering it bro...let me know some specifics so I can see if I can adjust my schedule around and head out east...

mick
Mick, we dont have a date set up yet...it will definitely be on a weekend though. if can, PM me the dates you are definitely available so we can start getting this squared away.

Hey brothers,

IM about an hour outside of detroit, im from brighton. Keep me posted on the date and time.

Good Luck Brothers
Brighton...i know right where you are! will definitely let you know brother

What up guys? I'm from Macomb County not too far outside of detroit. When you guys plan on doing this? and Where at? I'm 17, if you guys don't mind having a young blood around I'd really enjoy coming out.
Test, where at in macomb county? more than likely it will be held at the Powerhouse where Digitalbeast trains...he is talking to his friend that works there to set it up. i just need to get WEEKENDS that people are available to do this, as one of the people, preston, will be coming from out of town to attend.

thanks guys.

Testpolska
09-19-07, 5:54 pm
I'm pretty much availible any weekend other than the one coming up.

ghost
09-19-07, 8:15 pm
sweet, the last weekend of this month i am unavailable...im doing some demo next weekend.

ghost
09-20-07, 8:59 am
So, i just talked with R.Bearse1 on the phone, the first two weekends in october are out for him bc of Drill....he'll be out of town. so so far we are looking at the weekend of October 20, 2007. If this date does not work for you, I need to know. I will be getting a hold of digitalbeast today to see what his guy at the powerhouse says..

R.Bearse1
09-20-07, 9:42 am
I love how you volunteered me for this bro. It actually felt like a present or something..lol.

Test..don't worry bout the young guy thing..I'm only 19. Age ain't a problem in this life.

ghost
09-20-07, 9:48 am
I love how you volunteered me for this bro. It actually felt like a present or something..lol.

Test..don't worry bout the young guy thing..I'm only 19. Age ain't a problem in this life.

Ray, if you were to say no, i would have Jen drive me to Mt. Pleasant and id drag your ass down there. :)

R.Bearse1
09-20-07, 9:55 am
See... that's what tells me you care...lol

As Big Drills would say...warm and fuzzies. haha

ghost
09-20-07, 9:56 am
hahaha.!!!

Testpolska
09-20-07, 11:01 am
Any plans on what we will be hitting? Or are we all just going to be doing our own thing?

ghost
09-20-07, 11:02 am
Any plans on what we will be hitting? Or are we all just going to be doing our own thing?

not sure....we can do anything we want. any suggestions?

ghost
09-20-07, 12:13 pm
K....20th does not work for digital...is everyone free October 27th?

squattingtillipuke
09-20-07, 12:48 pm
Should be, let me check football schedule, wife, etc...

By the way, ya never said anything about a Chippewa being there...haha, graduated from Western.

For the guy coming from Illinois, not sure if it would be cheaper for you as you were talking about taking a train up there, but if you wanted to take the South Shore to South Bend, I'd be happy to pick you up and save you a couple $$$$...

Mick

ghost
09-20-07, 12:59 pm
For the guy coming from Illinois, not sure if it would be cheaper for you as you were talking about taking a train up there, but if you wanted to take the South Shore to South Bend, I'd be happy to pick you up and save you a couple $$$$...

Mick

that is awesome.

LegendKillerJosh
09-20-07, 10:04 pm
I wanna go old school and make the Lincoln Park Powerhouse an updated version of Golds Gym in Venice and have me and every other Detroit area animal replace Arnold, Ken Whaller, Franco, Mike Katz, etc. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ORGANIZING A D-TOWN TRAINING SESSION. WE'LL GET PICS AND VIDS AND EVERYTHING.

hjayss
09-21-07, 6:53 am
You are mos def up for animal of the month two training session in two states damn a special award should be made just for you...

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 10:12 am
Let's do this at the Lincoln Park Powerhouse. If everybody knows where southfield freeway is, all you have to do is take that to fort st, make a right and it's one of the first buildings, super easy for everyone to find. I'm serious about this too, so PM me anyone interested. I'm bringing my digital camcorder with the tripod and my digital camera so we can get sweet pics and vids.

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 10:12 am
And also, there is a train station in dearborn, anyone wants to go that route, I'll pick them up personally, it's only about 15 mins from the gym.

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 10:14 am
K....20th does not work for digital...is everyone free October 27th?

October 27th is beautiful, I'd definitely call of work to get an animal training session goin.

blueIMlifter
09-21-07, 10:24 am
would a sunday be better instead?

ghost
09-21-07, 10:43 am
sundays are fine with me. 28th ok with everyone???

Testpolska
09-21-07, 12:20 pm
28th sounds alright for me. Which powerhouse will this be taking place at? In which county?

ghost
09-21-07, 12:21 pm
28th sounds alright for me. Which powerhouse will this be taking place at? In which county?

not sure really......gotta see what sort of deal digitalbeast can get worked out for us at his.

R.Bearse1
09-21-07, 12:43 pm
By the way, ya never said anything about a Chippewa being there...haha, graduated from Western.

Mick

hahaha...who wins more often? oh yeah.. MAC CHAMPS?? man I love rivalries. It's all good my cousin plays for WMU

Rob...28th...Good to go I believe...lemme check with my 1st Sgt and I'll get back to ya

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 12:52 pm
28th is good for me too. I'm still thinkin we should go with the Lincoln Park Powerhouse. It's so easy to get to from 94, 75, southfield, pretty much anywhere, and if anyone takes a train to dearborn i'll freakin pick them up. I'm getting really damn excited for this.

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 12:53 pm
AND if we go to powerhouse, I know the manager and I can get everyone FREE PASSES for the day.

blueIMlifter
09-21-07, 2:24 pm
this is freakin awesome. i hope everything works out cause i cant wait to crush some iron with all u guys!

ghost
09-21-07, 2:38 pm
28th is good for me too. I'm still thinkin we should go with the Lincoln Park Powerhouse. It's so easy to get to from 94, 75, southfield, pretty much anywhere, and if anyone takes a train to dearborn i'll freakin pick them up. I'm getting really damn excited for this.

i would need a ride. i live off of 696 and van dyke in center line.....

----no license right now.

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 2:49 pm
i would need a ride. i live off of 696 and van dyke in center line.....

----no license right now.

That's only about a half hour from me, I'd come pick you up. Man this is going to rule. All the other animals are going to be jealous when they see our sweet vids and pics.

DetroitMuscle
09-21-07, 3:55 pm
Sorry it took me so long to post. I am definitely down with the training session. I dont care if its at my powerhouse (southfield) or at Lincoln Park.

Josh- I am assuming you know John then? Hes a good guy, I know him pretty well. Doesnt matter to me, I have never been to the Lincoln Park one so it would be cool to go check out.

Rob- I can pick you up since I am like 10 mins from you- that wont be a problem.

Lets do this brothers. Instead of everyone doing there own thing what do you guys think about doing a full upper body workout? Hit 3 sets of 2 excersizes for each muscle? I think it would be cool to check out each others techniques and form ect...Not only should we lift together but we should learn together.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Rob

ghost
09-21-07, 3:58 pm
awesome. i am fucking stoked to get this squared away!! digital, that would be awesome if you could pick me up.

Josh, talk to the manager and see about passes...

does everyone have an Animal Pak shirt of some sorts?

also, i have a pretty sweet digital camera ill bring with me...i will see if my fiance wants to come so she can take the pictures for us, and maybe even some vids too!

LegendKillerJosh
09-21-07, 6:12 pm
Well no I don't actually know John, but he's a member of the forum so he's pretty much family right? But seriously, neither of us are serial killers so anyone who wants a ride is cool with me.

ghost
09-21-07, 6:34 pm
Well no I don't actually know John, but he's a member of the forum so he's pretty much family right? But seriously, neither of us are serial killers so anyone who wants a ride is cool with me.

hahahahaha! that is awesome.

digitalbeast and i have lifted together in the past, and spoken numerous times on the phone. bearse is a good buddy of mine, and joined the forvm bc of me. my buddy shayne will be coming out there as well, i think,..i havet o check with him still.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
09-21-07, 9:04 pm
The 28th is good for me. Let me know for sure what gym, and ill get the directions. Keep me updated.

Good Luck Brothers

ghost
09-21-07, 9:23 pm
xl, we are looking at the powerhouse in Linkin Park on October 28th. anyone that has any questions, feel free to post em, or PM me and i can either answer em on there, or i can get you my cell number and i can answer em there.

Rob

hjayss
09-22-07, 6:03 am
So you doing a video huh....gonna stay tunned...

LegendKillerJosh
09-22-07, 10:04 am
There's only 1 potential problem with doing this on a Sunday - they close at 4 which means we'd need to get in there probably by 2p.m.

ghost
09-22-07, 11:56 am
There's only 1 potential problem with doing this on a Sunday - they close at 4 which means we'd need to get in there probably by 2p.m.

jesus, they close so early!!

SomeDayI'llBeXL
09-22-07, 2:02 pm
2:00, Linkin Park Powerhouse, Im in.

Just one question, if we have a large group of guys, do you think 2 hours will be enough time to do a workout? I mean, it all depends on what bodypart we do, but lets say we throw down on some legs with 5 or 6 guys, is two hours going to be enough time?

Im usually up by about 6am, so I can be there anytime,

Good Luck Brothers

ghost
09-22-07, 7:01 pm
Noon, or 1.?

SomeDayI'llBeXL
09-22-07, 8:31 pm
In my opinion, that would be better. You never no how long its gonna take. Besides, with a group of animals together, we cant waiste a workout like that on arms, we need to be throwing around some serious weight, legs or back is my choice.

LegendKillerJosh
09-22-07, 10:23 pm
1p.m. is good too. I usually work from 7am till 11am on sundays I would still have time to eat and pick up whoever I need to and get there by 1. 3 hours is definitely more than enough time to do this.

ghost
09-23-07, 12:00 am
Alright guys, so then we are in agreement upon October 28th, 2007 at 1pm at the linkin park powerhouse.

any ideas as to what we alls hould train that day...together, seperate...?

LegendKillerJosh
09-23-07, 12:19 pm
Anyone who needs a ride can ask me.

LegendKillerJosh
09-23-07, 12:20 pm
I think we should all plan on training the same thing that day. I don't really care what we do though.

jsolomon
09-23-07, 12:31 pm
Any other brothers down here across the border? Give me a shout. Anyhow, I'm off to punish some legs.

ghost
09-23-07, 1:10 pm
Any other brothers down here across the border? Give me a shout. Anyhow, I'm off to punish some legs.

you are more than welcome to come join us brother!

blueIMlifter
09-23-07, 3:03 pm
Alright guys, so then we are in agreement upon October 28th, 2007 at 1pm at the linkin park powerhouse.

any ideas as to what we alls hould train that day...together, seperate...?

i think we should all train same part. back or chest...?

LegendKillerJosh
09-23-07, 3:53 pm
i think we should all train same part. back or chest...?

I think a chest and back workout would be sweet. We could do bench and deads.

ghost
09-23-07, 3:55 pm
im all about it!

DetroitMuscle
09-24-07, 11:29 am
I had suggested that we work out a few things a few posts back but I wouldnt mind a chest or back day...or hell both I dont care. I am deaing with a leg injury right now so if you guys go for a leg day I will have to work something else out but I dont wanna hold anyone back either so I am down for whatever.

squattingtillipuke
09-24-07, 12:29 pm
I am 50-50 right now guys, my son got asked to try out for an all-star team and they are going to be particpating in inter-state games with some Indiana teams over a three week span...I am not sure if a) he will make it and b) when the games are.

If his games doesn't interfere with the 28th i will be there.

Mick

ghost
09-24-07, 12:35 pm
hmmmmm chest Superset with Back???? fucking amazing to me!

digital, hope the leg gets better brother..call me if you need anything.

mick, good luck for your son on that team!

squattingtillipuke
09-24-07, 2:23 pm
Rcrott - I would definately have a blast doing a back day though...only thing better is destroying legs in my opinion.

R.Bearse1
09-24-07, 7:58 pm
Rob, new development I haven't thought about til now. I now have no car and live 2 hours away. I really wanna make this. Oh and no I don't have an animal pak shirt of any sorts. ummm it seems like there was something else too.

oh yeah chest and back sounds great.

ghost
09-24-07, 8:33 pm
Rob, new development I haven't thought about til now. I now have no car and live 2 hours away. I really wanna make this. Oh and no I don't have an animal pak shirt of any sorts. ummm it seems like there was something else too.

oh yeah chest and back sounds great.

fuker, i dont care if you fucking hitch hike....your ass is fucking coming!

R.Bearse1
09-24-07, 8:35 pm
haha.....I'll talk to one of my bro's and see if he wants to get in on the action. He's the one who used the NoXplode though! lol

ghost
09-24-07, 8:37 pm
haha.....I'll talk to one of my bro's and see if he wants to get in on the action. He's the one who used the NoXplode though! lol

dont worry, tell him we will properly educate him.

Testpolska
09-25-07, 9:23 pm
So how many dudes are we talking? And what are we going to do like pair off in terms of strength so we don't have to constantly change weights drastically?

ghost
09-25-07, 11:07 pm
nah, no pairing off...most gyms on Sundays are pretty dead.

we shouldnt have any problem getting pretty much any bench we want.

LegendKillerJosh
09-26-07, 10:42 am
Yeah no doubt...if we go Sunday at 1, their won't be more than like 10 other people there seriously. And there is enough racks, benches, etc. we won't have to wait to get any machine we want.

ghost
09-26-07, 12:22 pm
Yeah no doubt...if we go Sunday at 1, their won't be more than like 10 other people there seriously. And there is enough racks, benches, etc. we won't have to wait to get any machine we want.

sounds like every gym on the planet...no one ever goes on sundays....-shakes head.

ghost
09-26-07, 2:42 pm
k....quick census...Who in the Detroit Chapter does NOT have an Animal/Universal Shirt??

Testpolska
09-26-07, 7:25 pm
So we are doing chest? I assume this from the bench comment. Or are we still hashing out the details.

R.Bearse1
09-26-07, 7:54 pm
k....quick census...Who in the Detroit Chapter does NOT have an Animal/Universal Shirt??

Already answered and you know it anyway.

ghost
09-28-07, 5:08 pm
Already answered and you know it anyway.
i have a shirt you can borrow.....

R.Bearse1
09-28-07, 5:24 pm
thanks bro. I feel like a pain in the ass sometimes...

ghost
09-28-07, 5:42 pm
thanks bro. I feel like a pain in the ass sometimes...

fuck you fucker!!!! you arent a pain in the ass...always remember the Soldiers Creed damnit.

R.Bearse1
09-30-07, 10:52 am
I will never leave a fallen comrade?? or a different part?

ghost
09-30-07, 2:06 pm
you got it brother

squattingtillipuke
10-01-07, 12:39 pm
rcrott...my son made the football all star team...therefore I am going to have to pass at this one bro...he has a tourney that weekend. I will definately keep an eye on this thread though...

ghost
10-01-07, 12:41 pm
rcrott...my son made the football all star team...therefore I am going to have to pass at this one bro...he has a tourney that weekend. I will definately keep an eye on this thread though...

tell him we all say good luck brother!

anytime you want to get together with any of us, let us know, and we will do what we can.!

R.Bearse1
10-01-07, 12:59 pm
tell him we all say good luck brother!

anytime you want to get together with any of us, let us know, and we will do what we can.!

Definately give him our good wishes!! That's a major feat.

blueIMlifter
10-04-07, 5:11 pm
rcrott1...im bringin my training partner with me and he doesnt have an animal shirt. but he said he might be getting one so if anybody has any extra to bring just in case that would be awesome and also we still on for the 28th at 1 PM??

ghost
10-04-07, 6:44 pm
rcrott1...im bringin my training partner with me and he doesnt have an animal shirt. but he said he might be getting one so if anybody has any extra to bring just in case that would be awesome and also we still on for the 28th at 1 PM??

that is definitely alright with me brother. the more the merrier.!

i have a total of 4 shirts.
sleeveless Animal
I Pay my dues-shirt
Go hard or go home
and a Universal shirt.

ill bring all those so ppl can borrow them if necessary

blueIMlifter
10-04-07, 8:15 pm
that is definitely alright with me brother. the more the merrier.!

i have a total of 4 shirts.
sleeveless Animal
I Pay my dues-shirt
Go hard or go home
and a Universal shirt.

ill bring all those so ppl can borrow them if necessary

awesome man sounds good.

LegendKillerJosh
10-04-07, 9:20 pm
I need a final count about a week before so I know how many guest passes to get. But we still got a couple more weeks. We'll have to start a new thread or something for only those who are for sure in.

ghost
10-09-07, 8:31 am
alrighty guys, if we could have everyone post a Yes or No if they are showing up so we can get an accurate count, i would greatly appreciate it. or you can PM me if you want.

blueIMlifter
10-09-07, 5:45 pm
alrighty guys, if we could have everyone post a Yes or No if they are showing up so we can get an accurate count, i would greatly appreciate it. or you can PM me if you want.

Yes me and another

Testpolska
10-10-07, 2:28 pm
Yes. Whats the date again?

ghost
10-10-07, 2:37 pm
October 28th

R.Bearse1
10-15-07, 12:49 pm
Yes but we need to figure out a way to get my ass down there brother

LegendKillerJosh
10-17-07, 8:57 am
yes

R.Bearse1
10-17-07, 9:54 am
Anyone in the Mt.Pleasant area heading down for this and wouldn't mind me tagging along...I have money to pay for gas.

R.Bearse1
10-19-07, 10:50 am
Nevermind my last post bros. Talked my roommate into letting me borrow his car for the day. I'll be there bros!

ghost
10-19-07, 10:59 am
drag your roommie with!!!!!!!

blueIMlifter
10-19-07, 11:42 am
October 28th at 1 PM? could somebody post the address of the gym so I can get directions to it. thanks

R.Bearse1
10-19-07, 12:22 pm
Rob....I had him do the Chest shoulders in split 4. He almost cried and told me I was fucking insane. He stopped halfway through. I don't think he'll ever lift with me again. lol I'm gonna meet up at ur place and carpool to save gas....sound ok?

ghost
10-19-07, 12:24 pm
Rob....I had him do the Chest shoulders in split 4. He almost cried and told me I was fucking insane. He stopped halfway through. I don't think he'll ever lift with me again. lol I'm gonna meet up at ur place and carpool to save gas....sound ok?

roger that!

Testpolska
10-19-07, 10:16 pm
Anyone got the address of the place?

blueIMlifter
10-21-07, 8:46 pm
yea definitely need the address posted so we know where we're going!!

ghost
10-21-07, 11:22 pm
Powerhouse Gym - Lincoln Park, MI 313-381-2125
2146 Fort Street
Lincoln Park, MI 48146

here it is from the powerhouse website.

LegendKillerJosh
10-22-07, 10:15 am
So everybody has a ride right?
If not we need to work something out.
anyone coming from more than a couple hours away might also want to consider taking a train, there is a station pretty close to there.

ghost
10-24-07, 1:10 pm
SUNDAY GUYS.....get ready for some D-Town madness!

blueIMlifter
10-24-07, 4:16 pm
SUNDAY GUYS.....get ready for some D-Town madness!

DEEEEEEEEEETROIT BARBELL CLUB!! lol

ghost
10-24-07, 4:16 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA, that is why i stopped going to pistons games.

LegendKillerJosh
10-24-07, 4:35 pm
I can't wait for this Sunday...anyone going for any personal records? Gotta try to show off for the camera. I'm going to go for a new personal best of 350 on the bench. I'm gonna do triceps and shoulders today and rest thurs,fri and sat.

ghost
10-24-07, 4:36 pm
nice! we will be there for the spot brother. im not trying to show off...may hit shoulders though. go for my 705 shrugs.

LegendKillerJosh
10-24-07, 10:18 pm
I have got the guest passes. Everyone has to be a first time guest, never been a member before, and atleast 18. Does anyone not meet those requirements? If you have been a member or used a guest pass before, you'll just have to write down a phony name.

And also, everyone needs to lie and say they are local, so say either Lincoln Park, Taylor, Southgate, Detroit, etc. If you aren't local they won't let you use a guest pass.

R.Bearse1
10-25-07, 12:45 am
rcrott we have a snag....me having a car is up in the air right now....doing what I can...but my roommate my not let me use it since I had to make that quick run to Det. On Tues.

I'll keep you posted through the phone.

PS. can ya still bring me an extra shirt? I did accidently ordered the unedited Shut The Fuck Up And Train shirt and don't want to get myself or all ya'll in any trouble with it.

R.Bearse1
10-25-07, 1:04 am
[QUOTE=LegendKillerJosh;204204]I can't wait for this Sunday...anyone going for any personal records? QUOTE]

i think I want to either go for a PR on Squats or Deads.

Current Squat: I don't even know...it's a clean slate...but I workout w/ 225...so somewhere over that. lol

Current Deads is 300

ghost
10-25-07, 8:00 am
ray, im bringing all 4 of my shirts in case anyone needs to borrow one.

G Diesel
10-25-07, 12:44 pm
Looking forward to see how these cats get down in Motown... One of the toughest cities in the world. Time to represent. Can't wait to see the pics. Peace, G

squattingtillipuke
10-25-07, 1:29 pm
Still can't beleive that I'm gonna miss this...guys have a blast and good luck!

blueIMlifter
10-25-07, 1:59 pm
we got the G Diesel checkin up on us that means we for sure gotta rock it out!!! i plan on going for a new PR of 225x10 on incline bench....ive been waiting a long time for this so im pumped to get it accomplished in front of u guys.

ghost
10-25-07, 2:00 pm
fuck yea brother....im going for hammers at 100lb dbs.

blueIMlifter
10-25-07, 2:10 pm
fuck yea brother....im going for hammers at 100lb dbs.

hammers as in hammer curls? because if thats the case that is disgusting lol!

ghost
10-25-07, 2:11 pm
hammers as in hammer curls? because if thats the case that is disgusting lol!

yeah hammer curls.

oh yeah, and im only 5'9...170 lbs.

blueIMlifter
10-25-07, 4:56 pm
yeah hammer curls.

oh yeah, and im only 5'9...170 lbs.

only one word needed....WOW

LegendKillerJosh
10-25-07, 8:57 pm
ray, im bringing all 4 of my shirts in case anyone needs to borrow one.

I need to borrow one unless mine comes, just ordered it a day ago. You got XL, right>?

ghost
10-25-07, 9:16 pm
yeah, my universal shirt is an XL.

LegendKillerJosh
10-26-07, 1:06 pm
Anyone Who Pm's Me Their First And Last Name I Will Fill Out The Guest Pass Ahead Of Time So We Don't Waste Time At The Front Desk.

R.Bearse1
10-26-07, 10:13 pm
I'm a go on a car again rcrott

blueIMlifter
10-27-07, 12:09 pm
lil over 24 hours until the madness begins...not like im counting or anything.

LegendKillerJosh
10-27-07, 12:21 pm
Come on guys! I was expecting about 10 but it looks just to just be me, rcott and his "photographer", rbearse and his friend, and blue. That should be cool though. If we had 15 people doing deads or benches and we had to change the weight everytime...that could get ugly.

Tomorrow...1p.m....blood,sweat,tears will be poured.

R.Bearse1
10-27-07, 2:52 pm
I'm just me....borrowing my roommates car. sorry for the misunderstanding....I thought we had like ten guys who committed to this?

let's go brothers....let Josh know ur shit!!

blueIMlifter
10-27-07, 7:45 pm
I'm just me....borrowing my roommates car. sorry for the misunderstanding....I thought we had like ten guys who committed to this?

let's go brothers....let Josh know ur shit!!

he might have mistaken u for me cause im bringing myself and my partner...we're ready to move some iron.

LegendKillerJosh
10-27-07, 8:01 pm
he might have mistaken u for me cause im bringing myself and my partner...we're ready to move some iron.

Yeah your right, sorry.
But still...we only got like 5 of us now. Guarantee this is still gonna be awesome though.

ghost
10-27-07, 9:56 pm
i havent heard any different, but i believe digitalbeast is coming as well.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
10-28-07, 11:22 am
Sorry I havent replied in a bit my fellow detroit animals, unfortunately I wont beable to make it today. My little brother was on his motorcycle 2 nights ago and some drunk idiot pulled out infront of him. There isnt a whole lot of protection for you when you are on a bike. By the grace of someone, or something, he didnt die, but hes pretty fucking beat up. I moved him in with me for a few weeks because he cant do much with both his legs in casts. I just cant leave him for that long.......Im really sorry guys, I feel like a real horses ass. Have a great time, cant wait to see the pics.

Good Luck Brothers

blueIMlifter
10-28-07, 11:44 am
no problem man...some things are more important than lifting.

with that said we will hit it extra hard to make up for being a man down.

Giant Killer
10-28-07, 5:16 pm
I'm ready to see some action here!

blueIMlifter
10-28-07, 5:33 pm
workout session was awesome. bunch of guys hit some new PR's. im sure all the pics and videos will be up awesome. highly encourage all other chapters to meet up and smash the weights.

a BIG, BIG thank you goes out to UNIVERSAL....setting us up with the banner, supps, and posters was awesome. i freakin love everything about universal/animalpak.

R.Bearse1
10-28-07, 6:28 pm
It was a great time of just smashing the iron with fellow Animals. As a group we all hit 500lbs on BB calf raises.

It was good shit!

Yeah truly HUGE thanks out to Universal and Animal for giving us those sample supps, the banner and posters

LegendKillerJosh
10-28-07, 6:35 pm
Can't wait to see the pics and vids...rob did some hammer curls with 105lb dbs...filthy. It was really awesome to see a bunch of strangers come together for their passion of punishing themselves and become instant friends. Look out for an animal leg session sometime next month. Thanks to Universal for supps, posters and everything. And the guy at the gym was cool about us hanging up the banner and everything. You will definitely all enjoy, and I'm sure everyone who missed out will be dieing to get in on the action next time.

ghost
10-28-07, 7:04 pm
give me a few minutes guys, uploading videos and pics now to my photobucket site and ill share the links when they are done. it was an AMAZING session today..Josh's DAD even showed up, and he didnt know that he was coming out. was really cool. had some sweet PR busting today. a 350 bench, all of us hit the BB Calf Raises at 500 lbs for 5 reps minimum. maddawg showed up and got a 550 bench out...that was fucking amazing.

huge thanks to universal/animal for the support..and to G for getting that banner to me so quickly for the event!! just such a great day, and it wouldnt have been possible without the Forvm. Strength and honor brothers in iron!

Rob

ghost
10-28-07, 7:16 pm
Great job today! thanks for the photos, mine are almost done uploading and ill throw em in here.

blueIMlifter
10-28-07, 7:21 pm
Great job today! thanks for the photos, mine are almost done uploading and ill throw em in here.

same to you bro.

ghost
10-28-07, 7:22 pm
Thanks man!!

maddawg
10-28-07, 7:59 pm
it was nice meeting all you guys down there, when i see all you again will talk a little more, see every one on the flip side

Maccabee
10-28-07, 8:01 pm
Damn you guys worked your asses off. Good job brothers.

LegendKillerJosh
10-28-07, 9:07 pm
the photos and videos look awesome, can't wait for animal legs day.

LegendKillerJosh
10-28-07, 10:32 pm
I'm sippin on my free Real Gains right now - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor, it's CANDY.

blueIMlifter
10-28-07, 10:56 pm
I'm sippin on my free Real Gains right now - Vanilla Ice Cream flavor, it's CANDY.

nice man. im for sure gonna take good care of my stuff that i got haha.

krazyassmexican
10-29-07, 6:38 am
i am glad you guys had fun

all of you guys look awesome
congrats!

ghost
10-29-07, 6:40 am

hell yeah, we got home and had a strawberry, vanilla, and banana real gains shake. mmmmmm.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
10-29-07, 7:09 am
You guys look fucking awesome. Im sorry I missed it. Next time, come hell or high water, Im there.

By the way, who the hell was that benching 500? Was he a forumn member?

Good Luck Brothers

ghost
10-29-07, 7:10 am
yes, and his name on here is maddawg.

great guy, was pure coincidence that he showed up

G Diesel
10-29-07, 8:32 am
Awesome job fellas... Nice pics. Looks like the Detroit chapter is off to a solid start. rcrott, hit me with a list of who was officially in attendance. Thanks. Peace, G

Toni69
10-29-07, 8:45 am
great stuff right there guys! The pressing was awesome! I like the looks of that gym too...pretty cool guys!

J-Dawg
10-29-07, 8:50 am
Way to go fellas. Looks like this was a well organized event. All around great job guys.

ghost
10-29-07, 8:54 am
thanks guys, we had a great time together!

maddawg
10-29-07, 8:58 am
You guys look fucking awesome. Im sorry I missed it. Next time, come hell or high water, Im there.

By the way, who the hell was that benching 500? Was he a forumn member?

Good Luck Brothers

the guy that was benchin 500 is a forum member

ghost
10-29-07, 8:59 am
hahahah, that was YOU maddawg!

Toni69
10-29-07, 9:00 am
the guy that was benchin 500 is a forum member

and "HE"....is awesome!!!! hint hint...;)

ghost
10-29-07, 9:00 am
alright for those that were there for the official detroit chapter lift session....

i need you to PM me with your NAME, ADDRESS, AND SHIRT SIZE ASAP PLEASE.

thanks guys.

R.Bearse1
10-30-07, 2:48 pm
So anyone know a way we could get Some Detroit Animal shirts made???

Just an idea that shot through my head today while hobbling back from my leg w/o ...lol

ghost
10-30-07, 3:06 pm
G is working on it brother.....

R.Bearse1
10-30-07, 3:37 pm
ahhhh...he takin Ideas or no. Cause I think since we have 2 letters that define us we could incorporate that.

I mean 2 letters by the Old English D and the Animal A

ghost
10-30-07, 3:41 pm
i have a severe hatred over the Olde English D used in detroit....

G Diesel
10-30-07, 3:42 pm
ahhhh...he takin Ideas or no. Cause I think since we have 2 letters that define us we could incorporate that.

I mean 2 letters by the Old English D and the Animal A

The first ABC shirt will be a national one that applies to all chapters... As far as regional designs, we ain't quite there yet. Peace, G

R.Bearse1
10-30-07, 3:52 pm
i have a severe hatred over the Olde English D used in detroit....

why bro? just cuz it's over used?

The first ABC shirt will be a national one that applies to all chapters... As far as regional designs, we ain't quite there yet. Peace, G

Gotcha, Thanks G.

Universal Rep
10-30-07, 4:00 pm
why bro? just cuz it's over used?

Gotcha, Thanks G.

Maybe it could be like the Forvm t-shirt? A way to print your chapter?

R.Bearse1
10-30-07, 6:25 pm
Maybe it could be like the Forvm t-shirt? A way to print your chapter?

That's kinda where I was goin with it. Branch it out...make it chapter specific. But if the Watchman over the Detroit Animals ain't down with the Olde English D then we gotta work around it. Which is cool

blueIMlifter
10-30-07, 10:59 pm
i'm down with any shirt of any kind.

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 12:21 am
i'm down with any shirt of any kind.

hahahaha....easy to please brother?

ghost
10-31-07, 8:38 am
That's kinda where I was goin with it. Branch it out...make it chapter specific. But if the Watchman over the Detroit Animals ain't down with the Olde English D then we gotta work around it. Which is cool

haha, Ray, i just really hate that olde english D.....too many people/places use it that ARENT in DETROIT. i live in center line...not detroit.

im FROM chicago...not detroit. i have friends that arent from detroit, nor do they LIVE in detroit, that have it... should i get a huge C L tattoo? lol...

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 8:51 am
haha, Ray, i just really hate that olde english D.....too many people/places use it that ARENT in DETROIT. i live in center line...not detroit.

im FROM chicago...not detroit. i have friends that arent from detroit, nor do they LIVE in detroit, that have it... should i get a huge C L tattoo? lol...

Bro I would so kick your ass (in your sleep) with a Baseball bat if you did that. Besides you don't want to waste your last tat on something that shitty. lol

ghost
10-31-07, 8:54 am
Bro I would so kick your ass (in your sleep) with a Baseball bat if you did that. Besides you don't want to waste your last tat on something that shitty. lol

LAST TATTOO??? nooooo. im getting my family crest, then either the Animal logo, or a loaded up barbell with blood coming off of the bar with the message, "Fuck Gravity" lol

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 9:06 am
hahaha fuck gravity!! I thought the Nazi cut ya down to only one last one and wouldn't let the Animal Logo fly?

ghost
10-31-07, 9:16 am
hahaha fuck gravity!! I thought the Nazi cut ya down to only one last one and wouldn't let the Animal Logo fly?

-shrug.

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 9:34 am
hahaha....sounds good

ghost
10-31-07, 11:25 am
Alright guys, for those of us that attended...we talked about having another session together.......
Let's start hammering out dates/times that people are available.

id love to get this in before the new year, as R.Bearse1 deploys in January to Iraq, and i know he is down for another session together!

anyone have any dates in mid/late november- early december that do NOT work for them?

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 12:03 pm
My schedule is looking pretty much like a french whore......WIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN!!

ghost
10-31-07, 12:06 pm
My schedule is looking pretty much like a french whore......WIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. and hairy, and smelly.

ghost
10-31-07, 4:51 pm
alright guys, we are looking at a nice hardcore legs session...depending upon how my knee is......

R.Bearse1
10-31-07, 5:42 pm
Woooo...LEGS!!!!

propstm
11-04-07, 10:08 am
Looks like i found a nice surprise after paying more attention to school work than lifting for a bit. Yeah, keep me in the loop. If i'm at my parent's place over in Macomb County i'll be up for lifting, or I may make it back for a weekend. I'm at Grand Valley right now, but I'm definitely up for this. Just throwing out dates, maybe the week of Thanksgiving, or possible later like 3rd week or so of December after exams? (or why not twice? November and December?)

LegendKillerJosh
11-04-07, 7:20 pm
I'd like to do it on a Saturday this time. Can we do Nov. 24? 2 days after Thanksgiving.

propstm
11-04-07, 7:25 pm
I think that would be a great day personally. Here's my 2 reasons:

a) I know i could make it.
b) After taking Turkey Day to eat all i can consume, then the next day to let the body rest I think Saturday would be a great day for a workout.

ghost
11-04-07, 9:03 pm
possibly, im not sure if id be able to make it though...because i have family coming in from all over the country for turkey day.
ill have to get back to you all on that one.

one thing, lets try and hit up either the powerhouse in southfield or warren..

R.Bearse1
11-04-07, 9:14 pm
possibly, im not sure if id be able to make it though...because i have family coming in from all over the country for turkey day.

Hey brother.....they can stand not seein ur mug for an hour or 2 couldn't they? lol

24th works for me by the way

propstm
11-04-07, 9:52 pm

If we're going to one of your gyms, then you're coming. I don't care if i have to pick you up to make sure you get there.

ghost
11-05-07, 10:14 am
If we're going to one of your gyms, then you're coming. I don't care if i have to pick you up to make sure you get there.

good by me.

ghost
11-05-07, 10:19 am
Hey brother.....they can stand not seein ur mug for an hour or 2 couldn't they? lol

24th works for me by the way

more than likely.

24th is good by me.

Location.....southfield powerhouse or the warren powerhouse work for anyone? those are best for me....and i know Digitalbeast would be good for either of those locations as well.

R.Bearse1
11-05-07, 10:32 am
Good by me...either way

ghost
11-05-07, 10:33 am
EDIT....best option for me would be the Center Line Powerhouse.

propstm
11-05-07, 11:20 am
Center Line works here.

ghost
11-05-07, 11:23 am
Good stuff....we have 3 down for Center Line Powerhouse, november 24th..........

if everyone could, PM me with a confirmation as to your status.
thanks

ghost
11-05-07, 11:58 am
K..location may have to be the madison heights one, or the southfield one......according to the madison heights powerhouse, center line went out of business.....ill update later.

propstm
11-05-07, 1:42 pm
How bout the powerhouse on Hall Rd. Just West of Schennor (f*ck how ya spell it) across the street from Lakeside.

ghost
11-05-07, 3:45 pm
actually...we may be able to do it at the powerhouse in rochester hills....i used to work there and am still good friends with the manager and owner...going to talk to them tomorrow and see if we cant all lift for free.

LegendKillerJosh
11-05-07, 9:19 pm
alright...everyone cool with doing legs this time? Or an Animal Back Day would be cool too.

propstm
11-05-07, 9:57 pm
Personally i'm a bigger fan of wrecking my back. But i'll do whatever.

blueIMlifter
11-05-07, 11:35 pm
i would prolly not be able to make it on that saturday because im gonna be back home like 3 hours from detroit and probably working for some money for food lol. but for sure would be up for the 3rd round of detroit animals.

ghost
11-06-07, 7:48 am
k, i cannot do the 24th. i will be at the msu/penn state game.

17th good for everyone?

R.Bearse1
11-06-07, 9:02 am
Damn fucker who'd you blow for those tickets? haha

17th isn't good for me bro. Money is non-existent right now and I have no car.

When I say non-existent I mean bank account in the -$$

LegendKillerJosh
11-06-07, 10:49 am
k, i cannot do the 24th. i will be at the msu/penn state game.

17th good for everyone?

That's kind of soon...since it's probable were only doing one more before the end of the year maybe we should start looking into early/mid December.

blueIMlifter
11-06-07, 12:14 pm
the 17th is ohio state/michigan....i gotta work at the game. plus its the biggest game of the year!

propstm
11-06-07, 4:32 pm
That's kind of soon...since it's probable were only doing one more before the end of the year maybe we should start looking into early/mid December.

Ok, i'll throw this info out there. I've got exams 10-15th of december. I believe UofM has exams extending to the next week as well.

I will be home on Nov. 24th if anyone wants to lift though.

Testpolska
11-06-07, 7:01 pm
My bad I couldn't make it out to the last one. And I don't want to commit to anything but if the drive is not too bad for me I'll definitly make this one.

LegendKillerJosh
11-06-07, 8:05 pm
How about Saturday December 8 EVERYONE? We can't do this without everyone.

R.Bearse1
11-07-07, 12:24 am

Maybe an evening on The 8th? That is my family Christmas party with my unit. It's kinda sorta our farewell party too.

If we could pull something after I'd say 1600 (4:00pm) I could swing it

propstm
11-07-07, 7:52 am

Can't commit to that one sorry. I've got exam starting the 10th. Gotta be hitting the books a bit harder right bout then.

ghost
11-07-07, 7:53 am
anyone available for december 1st?

LegendKillerJosh
11-07-07, 9:28 am
anyone available for december 1st?

That's good for me.

LegendKillerJosh
11-07-07, 9:29 am
Can't commit to that one sorry. I've got exam starting the 10th. Gotta be hitting the books a bit harder right bout then.

You can't stop studying for 1 hour for an animal training session?

propstm
11-07-07, 9:36 am
You can't stop studying for 1 hour for an animal training session?

haha, i go to Grand Valley. It's over in Grand Rapids. So let's look at this. 2.5 hour drive back to the east side, say 1.5 hour (long ass workout), 2.5 hour drive back. Oh and normally i like to just crash and sleep after i make that trek back. so there's one day right there. And like is said before i'll be home on Nov. 24th if anyone wants to meet up then.

ghost
11-07-07, 9:38 am
haha, i go to Grand Valley. It's over in Grand Rapids. So let's look at this. 2.5 hour drive back to the east side, say 1.5 hour (long ass workout), 2.5 hour drive back. Oh and normally i like to just crash and sleep after i make that trek back. so there's one day right there. And like is said before i'll be home on Nov. 24th if anyone wants to meet up then.

take the day then biatch!!!! lol.

blueIMlifter
11-07-07, 9:45 am
shit i dont think i can make the 1st....but the 8th i am pretty sure i could get done. if u guys decide to do it on a day i cant make it i will let my training partner know and u guys can just make him twice as hard to make up for me not bein able to make it lol.

LegendKillerJosh
11-07-07, 9:50 am
How about Saturday Dec. 22?

LegendKillerJosh
11-07-07, 9:52 am
shit i dont think i can make the 1st....but the 8th i am pretty sure i could get done. if u guys decide to do it on a day i cant make it i will let my training partner know and u guys can just make him twice as hard to make up for me not bein able to make it lol.

I don't think so...if we don't have atleast the original 5 I don't wanna do it, we gotta have everyone there. There has to be 1 day out of the next like 40 that we can all get out of whatever we have to do, right?

propstm
11-07-07, 9:53 am
ok, figure out where we're lifting and when. I'm not gonna say yes or no till we figure out where and when.

blueIMlifter
11-08-07, 4:56 pm
I don't think so...if we don't have atleast the original 5 I don't wanna do it, we gotta have everyone there. There has to be 1 day out of the next like 40 that we can all get out of whatever we have to do, right?

alright. i would guess the weekend of dec. 8th or 15th i for sure am going to be in the area so perhaps that works for others.....?

propstm
11-09-07, 12:35 am
i'd be down for the 15th for sure. i'll see bout the 8th.

Big Z
11-10-07, 7:18 pm
whats up, i am a new member to the site and i am from detroit. I have been lifting for years and i would be down to lift anytime with you guys. I will keep up with the thread and try to fit something in.

ghost
11-11-07, 12:31 pm
the 15th would be great for me. bigZ, we would love to have you come out and pound some weights with all of us!

propstm
11-11-07, 3:53 pm
15th sounds good over here.

Testpolska
11-11-07, 8:22 pm
I don't think I have anything on the 15th. Even if I do, nothing I can't move around for a sick session. Where we will be training is more of a factor then when for me. So where are we training?

LegendKillerJosh
11-11-07, 10:17 pm
Dec. 15 is beatiful, where are we doin it?

ghost
11-13-07, 7:41 am
im gonna make a few calls, i still have some pretty good contacts from when i was at powerhouse in auburn hills...

would the powerhouse in rochester hills be too far for people to get to?

R.Bearse1
11-13-07, 11:12 am
Should be able to do the 15th!

LegendKillerJosh
11-13-07, 11:25 am
im gonna make a few calls, i still have some pretty good contacts from when i was at powerhouse in auburn hills...

would the powerhouse in rochester hills be too far for people to get to?

No that's not too far away for me, only about half hour - forty five minutes

Big Z
11-13-07, 7:15 pm
Not too far for me either... keep me posted

blueIMlifter
11-13-07, 9:44 pm
im sure that works for me and my partner too.

blueIMlifter
11-19-07, 7:10 pm
anything new over here for set dates or locations?

LegendKillerJosh
11-20-07, 10:32 pm
come on crotty, is it official yet? rochester hills seems to be fine with everyone

ghost
11-21-07, 8:19 am
12/15/07
Noon
Powerhouse Rochester Hills

if anyone needs directions, PM me.

sorry that this has taken so long to get on here...been really hectic with work..we have a huge audit that has taken up more than too much time at work. it will be over after this week.