PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Animals

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Reacher34
08-28-10, 10:56 am
Wish I was still there guys. I'd love to trash legs with ya.

ATLMusclBro5
08-29-10, 12:58 am
Great session today fellas. I didn't take too many pics, but I did get a good shot of the barefoot widowmaker squats. 295# for 20 reps. The widowmakers were AJ's idea.

Widowmakers
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/ABC_Atlanta/2010_August_28/GEDC1391.jpg

Dalthorn made the drive up from Warner Robbins. I think it was worth the trip!!

Great hanging out with you guys. Let's recruit some new blood and do this again soon.

whitfieldjunior
08-30-10, 7:43 pm
sup fellas,
Great session...Highlight of the day doubling up on the chicken. Its good training with other people.

Bard of Rage
08-30-10, 9:05 pm
Dunno the people at the BBQ place seemed surprised we ate there twice.

ATLMusclBro5
09-07-10, 12:02 am
Sup fellas.

Just wanted to throw an idea out to the group.

Let's try to coordinate another ABC session around the time of the NPC Nationals in October (15th and 16th, I think). The hope is that some of the big guys of the Forvm will be in town that weekend anyway. Maybe the House or Evan will join us for another leg day and some barefoot squatting!

Let me know what you think.

C.Coronato
09-07-10, 9:44 am
I think thats a great idea. We should start generating interest now. Its not that far away .. Do you have a gym in mind?

Reacher34
09-07-10, 5:24 pm
Agreed. Good idea Redge. If you decide to have it at the gym of Buckhead, let me know. I could call one of the trainers there and could probably convince them to waive the guest fee.

ATLMusclBro5
09-07-10, 11:25 pm
The Gym of Buckhead has been good for us so far. Parking isn't an issue and it's only about a 10-15 minute drive from the venue. Plus there are several restaurants in the area. Works for me!!

Young1
09-30-10, 1:51 pm
Hey Georgia Animals. I'm moving from Ohio to the Sandy Springs area for a job and am in need of some friendly advice. If any of you have any suggestions on a good gym in the area focused on training, not socializing, I'm all ears. I notice you used the Gym of Buckhead for the recent ABC (too bad I missed that) which will be close to where I'm moving so I'm assuming that would be a good place to start? If any of you guys got other suggestions don't be afraid to throw them my way.

Oh yea, what's up with another ABC event for the upcoming NPC Atl show? I'd love to come train and get my hands dirty. Thanks guys.

ATLMusclBro5
10-02-10, 1:27 pm
Hey Georgia Animals. I'm moving from Ohio to the Sandy Springs area for a job and am in need of some friendly advice. If any of you have any suggestions on a good gym in the area focused on training, not socializing, I'm all ears. I notice you used the Gym of Buckhead for the recent ABC (too bad I missed that) which will be close to where I'm moving so I'm assuming that would be a good place to start? If any of you guys got other suggestions don't be afraid to throw them my way.

Oh yea, what's up with another ABC event for the upcoming NPC Atl show? I'd love to come train and get my hands dirty. Thanks guys.

Welcome aboard bro. Gym of Buckhead is a very good gym in the area we've had a few ABC sessions there. You might also check out Cosmos Fitness. It's a smaller gym in Sandy Springs and probably less expensive than Gym of Buckhead. But they have good equipment and heavy dumbbells from what I remember. There's also an LA Fitness in the area. Again, lots of good equipment, but probably has a bigger social scene.

Hopefully we can get the guys together for another session soon.

ATLMusclBro5
10-03-10, 8:51 am
You guys ready for another ABC session?

The original idea was to have one on the same weekend of the NPC Nationals in two weeks. If that's no good, let's say towards the end of October. That'll give everyone time to clear up their schedules. We can get in one more session before the holiday madness begins. Then let's plan to hit it hard in 2011.

Any thoughts?

Young1
10-03-10, 4:03 pm
ATL - Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely check out Cosmos, it's close to the new crib.

Count me in for the ABC whenever it is. Schedule's been crazy for a while and I can't think of a better way to get back on the grind.

ATLMusclBro5
10-28-10, 10:57 am
Sup everyone.

We missed October for an ABC session so let's lock in a date for November. We can get at least one more session in before people disappear for the holidays then start up again in Jan/Feb.

How about Saturday, November 13 at 1 PM? That'll give us two weeks to plan and allow enough time to reschedule if necessary.

Shoot back with some feedback.

Young1
11-02-10, 8:26 am
I'm in for an ABC on the 13th. Where's all the other Georgia Animals?

whitfieldjunior
11-04-10, 9:02 pm
that seams like it would work for me, but i would need to do it in the morning like 11ish. What is everyone else looking like?

ATLMusclBro5
11-05-10, 1:27 pm
Earlier works for me as well.

Young1
11-05-10, 4:50 pm
Earlier the training...earlier the eating. I'm good with any time.

Bard of Rage
11-06-10, 9:52 am
that seams like it would work for me, but i would need to do it in the morning like 11ish. What is everyone else looking like?

Have fun guys, I'll have to skip this one due to work for now.

Young1
11-10-10, 7:43 am
Alright fellas. Looks like it's just the three of us. Sat @ 11. ATL, we doin this one at the Gym of Buckhead?

ATLMusclBro5
11-10-10, 4:55 pm
Sounds good to me fellas. The guest fee there was $15 unless you had a guest pass. You can print a pass from their website. Or if you're a good negotiator like whitfieldjunior, you can get in for $10.

Dalthorn, you'll be missed bro. We'll see you next time. Still wanna hear about your trip to Vegas for the Mr. O.

See you all on Saturday at 11.

Young1
11-11-10, 10:08 am
Anyone know what they'll be training? I'll be doing chest if you want to join.

ATLMusclBro5
11-11-10, 11:34 am
I was planning on chest as well.

whitfieldjunior
11-11-10, 1:34 pm
OFFICIAL MEMO
====================
Saterday
11am
gym of buckhead
Training Chest
------------------------------------
I will be there, But can we ad bi's or tris to it also? I need to bring my arms up.

ATLMusclBro5
11-12-10, 10:45 am
Sounds like chest, bis and tris on Saturday then. Should be fun!

ATLMusclBro5
11-14-10, 11:23 pm
Here's a quick recep:

Chest:
Incline bench press (barbell)
Flat bench press (dumbbells)
Weighted dips
Machine flys

Arms:
Skullcrushers
Cable extensions
Hammer curls
Concentration curls

Great training with you guys. Everyone mixed up their set and rep scheme to suite their needs, however everyone lifted heavy and worked hard. I think the dips were the killer. Young1 could do dips all day if he wanted and whitfieldjr demonstrated some old-school Gironda style reverse grip dips that we had never seen before. I had to check into this one to make sure he wasn't making this sh!t up.

(here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWtiYopbW34&NR=1)

Next time we'll try to get some pics and video clips posted.

Again, great time hanging with you guys.

Bard of Rage
11-15-10, 10:39 am
Sounds like y'all had a good time, I'll try to make the next one.

Slumberjack25
11-16-10, 12:18 pm
Hey guys....New to the site and just wanted to say hello to everyone...Atlanta (midtown) here. Plan on moving back up to Marietta after a year though.

Young1
11-20-10, 12:47 pm
Young1 could do dips all day if he wanted and whitfieldjr demonstrated some old-school Gironda style reverse grip dips that we had never seen before.

Not all day, just until it's time for some barbecue. Overall, it was a strong (and long) session. Next time you'll have to give a heads up if whitfield is planning on doing Px90 again.

Slumber, nice to have you in the mix bro, I work in Midtown myself. Hope you'll join us for the next ABC.

Slumberjack25
11-21-10, 1:36 am
Thank you for the invite Young1. I'm just going to let you know that it's been 2 or 3 year since I've lifted so I'm trying to lift to my potential when I used to. Also I do have a vice which is drinking which is hard (i'm irish at heart) so any support would be helpful.

ATLMusclBro5
11-21-10, 10:37 am
Thank you for the invite Young1. I'm just going to let you know that it's been 2 or 3 year since I've lifted so I'm trying to lift to my potential when I used to. Also I do have a vice which is drinking which is hard (i'm irish at heart) so any support would be helpful.

Slumberjack, welcome aboard bro. Look forward to lifting with you soon. Here's a suggestion for you...try drinking a protein shake along with your beer. At least that way, you'll be getting protein along with your carbs! I recommend Muscle Milk. That's some good stuff.

Just a thought!!

Young1
11-21-10, 2:03 pm

It's really just a question of prioties man. Nothing more, nothing less. In a year's time do you want to say, "damn I made some progress" or "damn I wish I made some progress?" Besides, you should be so tired from training that going out doesn't even appeal to you.

Slumberjack25
11-22-10, 12:02 pm
It's really just a question of prioties man. Nothing more, nothing less. In a year's time do you want to say, "damn I made some progress" or "damn I wish I made some progress?" Besides, you should be so tired from training that going out doesn't even appeal to you.

That's a good way to look at it. Lifting has become a main priority and with my expectations for me, and supplement costs and food I shouldn't be pissing my money away on booze. Recently quit smoking cold turkey and that wasn't as hard as I thought...Gonna find out if drinkin is the same way.

ATLMusclBro5
01-13-11, 7:53 pm
Sup fellas. Happy New Year. Hope life is going well. It's finally starting to thaw out around here. Amazing how 4" of snow can shut down the city for a week! I'm itching to get back in the gym...have been out all week because of the ice. Let's think about another session. Hopefully we can get one in before the Arnold Expo in March.

Young1
02-01-11, 1:39 pm
MuscleBro, you missed a week because of the ice? You southerners crack me up.

I'm always up for a gathering man. Let's do it up at COSMOS this time, Gym of Buckhead is stingy. BTW, my gym has a great signup special right now if you're looking for a place to train.

ATLMusclBro5
02-06-11, 6:27 pm
MuscleBro, you missed a week because of the ice? You southerners crack me up.

I'm always up for a gathering man. Let's do it up at COSMOS this time, Gym of Buckhead is stingy. BTW, my gym has a great signup special right now if you're looking for a place to train.

Dude, from what I was told, LA Fitness was closed for at least 3 days because of the snow/ice. Apparently, no one cleared the parking lot. You gotta love the South! We're just not equipped for snow. But we make some damn good sweet tea and BBQ!!

I'm all for COSMOS. It's a good facility. What's the deal they're running now? You think you can snag some passes?

How about February 19 as a tentative date? I know whitfieldjr is ready. We just gotta get dalthorn to make the drive up from Warner Robbins. Slumberjack is out there too somewhere. Anyone else ready to train?

Bard of Rage
02-07-11, 3:38 pm
Ya I might try to come up, though I might be a little gimped. Stopped lifting from November to mid January plus a stress fracture in my left foot from the same time frame I'm rebounding off of. As long as we don't do legs or back I should be good =P.

Young1
02-08-11, 9:08 pm
Feb. 19 works for me. I'll see what I can do about some passes for you guys. The owner is pretty chill so I think I can make it happen.

As for the signup deal. There's no enrollment fee when you sign up for a year. Just pay the $19.95/month. You should join up man. I'd love to have someone to train with. We may be able to get some size on you.

Bard of Rage
02-09-11, 7:55 am
$19.95 is cheaper than my current gym but I doubt making a daily trip to Atlanta through 100 miles of Georgia would be a profit for me, though it would be nice to put on some size that I had lost over the last few months and then some.

mscuillo
02-12-11, 12:53 pm
Hey Fellas, I'm TDY this month for the Air Force up at Dobbins AFB in Marietta. I'm not sure where that is in relation to where you plan on having this, but if it's close, I'd like to jump in, if you'll have me!! Just please share the knowledge!

Young1
02-12-11, 5:58 pm
mscuillo. We'd be honored to have you. Haven't heard if it's officially going down next Saturday or not but Dobbins is about 20 min drive from the location so you should definitely come join when we get together.

Cosmos Fitness
8610 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA

MuscleBro, you want to make this official for next Saturday?

ATLMusclBro5
02-13-11, 5:29 pm
mscuillo. We'd be honored to have you. Haven't heard if it's officially going down next Saturday or not but Dobbins is about 20 min drive from the location so you should definitely come join when we get together.

Cosmos Fitness
8610 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA

MuscleBro, you want to make this official for next Saturday?

Sup fellas. Let's lock in Saturday, February 19. I'm in class that day until noon, so let's start at 1:00 PM. If we need to start earlier, I'll just get there as soon as I can.

Young1, if you can get some passes, that would be awesome. Looking forward to it. Looks like some new people will be there as well.

Bard of Rage
02-15-11, 8:59 am
We need to do one a bit closer towards Warner Robins, two hour drives both ways isn't that fun.

Young1
02-15-11, 8:46 pm
Saturday Feb 17 @ 1:00 pm
COSMOS Fitness

Young1
02-15-11, 8:53 pm
Possibly bad news gentlemen. We may need top reschedule Saturday's ABC or move it to a different venue. There was a fire tonight in the building next to COSMOS. From the looks of it, the fire was small and contained to the neighboring building but you never know, the gym may be closed for a couple days.

I'll post up tomorrow night what I know but I'd though I should throw this out there for ya. For now, let's keep Saturday @1:00 pm until further notice.

Young1
02-16-11, 7:51 pm
Gym is good to go so we're on for Saturday. Sound off if you're in so we know who's comin.

Saturday Feb. 19 @ 1:00 pm

COSMOS Fitness
8610 Roswell Road #200
Sandy Springs, GA 30350

No word on the passes yet so be prepared for the $8 guest fee. There's a good mexican place and a family style diner close by to get some grub after training.

ATLMusclBro5
02-17-11, 12:05 am
Count me in bro. See you on Saturday. Will probably hit arms (shoulders, bis, and tris). Will also try to get my training partner to come as well.

Mexican sounds good to me.

Bard of Rage
02-17-11, 4:10 pm
Have fun guys, I don't feel up to driving 100+ miles and back this weekend.

Young1
02-17-11, 8:41 pm
Have fun guys, I don't feel up to driving 100+ miles and back this weekend.

You'll be missed dalthorn. Next time, you pick the spot, we drive.

Musclebro - I'm trainin arms as well. Looks like it'll be another marathon. You heard from Whitfield?

Slumber, mscuillo you guys out there?

ATLMusclBro5
02-18-11, 12:44 am
You'll be missed dalthorn. Next time, you pick the spot, we drive.

Musclebro - I'm trainin arms as well. Looks like it'll be another marathon. You heard from Whitfield?

Slumber, mscuillo you guys out there?

Whitfield has to work fellas. But I think my training partner is gonna join us.

dalthorn, where do you lift in WR? Do you think you can get us some free passes? I'm game for a roadtrip! Looks like there are some good gyms in Macon as well. Check out this place called Fitness Extreme.

http://www.fitnessxtreme.com/

ATLMusclBro5
02-19-11, 11:31 am
I heard from Big Daddy Michael on Friday and he said he will be there. He should be easy to spot. He'll be the biggest dude in the gym. Said he was training chest. I've trained with him a few times before. He's hardcore and old-school.

Heard from whitfield yesterday as well. He's gonna try to make it out.

ATLMusclBro5
02-20-11, 6:03 pm
Sup fellas. Just a quick recap from Saturday's ABC session.

Just three ANIMALS could make it, but we moved some weight around for sure.

Young1 and MusclBro trained bis and tris and Big Daddy Michael blasted chest. The arm workout was a series of supersets where we did one heavy weight exercise for 8-12 reps and then one light weight exercise for 10-15 reps. We started with bis and ended with tris and some ab work. We probably did 5-6 groups of supersets total. I think we were both fried by the end...but could have hammered out a good leg workout afterwards!

BDM was easily the biggest dude in the gym on Saturday doing an old-school heavy weight/low rep chest workout. Spotted him doing Smith Machine incline bench presses w/ 225# for reps...making it look easy.

We finished up at a nearby diner getting a history lesson about the gyms in Atlanta from BDM and trying to think of some ways to recruit some people to the group.

Overall, it was another good session. We just gotta remember to take some pics next time.

Thanks to Cosmos Fitness in Sandy Springs for hosting us. No doubt, we'll be back.

C.Coronato
02-21-11, 9:59 am
Sounds like it was a good time ATL. Any pics brotha?

Young1
02-23-11, 10:06 pm
No pics this time C. We always get in the mix and forget to take em. Next time brother.

DanTheMan
02-25-11, 11:23 am
hey fellas, i used to post on here waaaaaaay back, over a year or even two ago... been focusing on lifting hard and schooling hard so I'm gonna try to start to be more active. I live in Athens GA where i go to school so lemme know of any other ABC's and i'll try my best.

ATLMusclBro5
02-26-11, 7:09 pm
hey fellas, i used to post on here waaaaaaay back, over a year or even two ago... been focusing on lifting hard and schooling hard so I'm gonna try to start to be more active. I live in Athens GA where i go to school so lemme know of any other ABC's and i'll try my best.

Welcome back bro. Are there any good gyms in Athens where we can hold an ABC session? Gotta be a few bulldogs who like to train ANIMAL style.

ATLMusclBro5
05-11-11, 1:52 pm
Sup brothers.

Just wanted to throw out some dates for another ABC session. Hopefully it's enough notice to get some good participation.

June 4, 2011 @ noon
June 18, 2011 @ noon
June 25, 2011 @ noon

Location: TBD - I vote for Cosmos Fitness in Sandy Springs. It's a central location for the dudes in Atlanta, but we also have bros in south Georgia, Warner Robbins, and Athens.

Let's make it happen brothers. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

ATLMusclBro5
08-11-11, 8:09 pm
Sup brothers.

The last NPC bodybuilding show for the year in Georgia is coming up. There will also be physique, bikini, fitness, and figure.

2011 COASTAL USA
Bodybuilding and Figure Championships

Venue:
Gwinnett Center
Performing Arts Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway,
Duluth, GA 30097-4091

Hope to see you guys there.

ANTDOGG
08-22-11, 9:10 am
Hey bros. Just moved here (ATL) from NJ. Was a member of the Jersey animals. Want to get involved in here. Hit me up. Recently hit Coffee's Gym. Had a killer Chest and Back Session.

ATLMusclBro5
08-24-11, 4:41 pm
Hey bros. Just moved here (ATL) from NJ. Was a member of the Jersey animals. Want to get involved in here. Hit me up. Recently hit Coffee's Gym. Had a killer Chest and Back Session.

Sup brother. Welcome to the dirty south!

Hope you're getting settled in and adjusting to the heat. Coffee's Gym is definitely an old-school, hardcore, powerlifting spot. I've trained there a few times and I don't live too far from there either. Hopefully we can gather the bros for a session soon. It's been a few months since we last trained together.

ANTDOGG
08-26-11, 8:34 am
That sounds good. I know there are plenty of hardcore folks down in the ATL. It's time to wake up the Animals.

ATLMusclBro5
08-31-11, 7:13 pm
Sup brothers.

Just wanted to throw out some dates for the next session. It's been way too long. Plus we got some new blood in the group. It's time to welcome ANTDOGG to the mix.

Monday, September 5 (Labor Day - it's short notice, but maybe we can pull something off)
Sunday, September 11
Friday, September 23
Sunday, September 25

Saturdays are usually bad for me. Big Daddy Micahel said that Gold's in Norcross offers free passes on Fridays. So that's a great option for a Friday evening after work (around 7 pm maybe). Retro Fitness is a new spot here in Cobb County and Coffee's Gym is a hardcore old-school powerlifting spot...a lot of history there, especially if you get a chance to talk to the owner. I think whitfieldjr had a hardcore spot on the southside. Young1 is up in Sandy Springs at Cosmos. I'm in Marietta. Dalthorn is down in Warner Robins and I think we have a bro up in Athens.

So lots of options brothers. Throw out some ideas.

theshoupguy
09-01-11, 5:14 pm
Sup brothers.

Just wanted to throw out some dates for the next session. It's been way too long. Plus we got some new blood in the group. It's time to welcome ANTDOGG to the mix.

Monday, September 5 (Labor Day - it's short notice, but maybe we can pull something off)
Sunday, September 11
Friday, September 23
Sunday, September 25

Saturdays are usually bad for me. Big Daddy Micahel said that Gold's in Norcross offers free passes on Fridays. So that's a great option for a Friday evening after work (around 7 pm maybe). Retro Fitness is a new spot here in Cobb County and Coffee's Gym is a hardcore old-school powerlifting spot...a lot of history there, especially if you get a chance to talk to the owner. I think whitfieldjr had a hardcore spot on the southside. Young1 is up in Sandy Springs at Cosmos. I'm in Marietta. Dalthorn is down in Warner Robins and I think we have a bro up in Athens.

So lots of options brothers. Throw out some ideas.

Welcome, ANTDOGG.

Wish I could make it to any of these, but I'm stuck out in east Georgia, Augusta area. Any of you fellas know any ABC coordinators/reps around here? Gold's just started spreading like wildfire - think we've got 3-4 right now, looking to get some Animal representation out in these parts.

Big Daddy Michael
09-03-11, 11:45 am
Golds Norcross has almost zero people on Friday evening. 4 on the floor when I went last night at 6:30pm. And fridays are free for guest. I usually do chest but am open to switching around. Anyone is welcome to come workout with me ifyou give me notice to confirm. I do Golds Lawrenceville on Sat usually and legs mostly. The leg presses are crap but its all I got. There are a few competitors up at Lawrenceville. I'm the biggest at Norcross next to Basara who competed in SuperHeavy at GA State in July.

theshoupguy
09-09-11, 1:25 am
What's up guys? Got my previous question answered -- for any of you out on the GA/SC border are tired of making the drive out to Atlanta, I'm trying to stand up a new chapter... feel free to hit me up if you're interested:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37068

ANTDOGG
09-12-11, 10:24 pm
Coffee's is awesome. I go there every Saturday. Good old fashioned heavy lifting. John is a great guy too, has lots of awesome stories.

TufffGuY
10-16-11, 11:11 am
Sup fellas,been a member of this thread since i started it awhile back, just wanted to say after a couple years of injuries and straying from my path of bodybuilding i'm back in the game, let me know when the next event is and i will try my best to make it.

ATLMusclBro5
10-16-11, 4:45 pm
Sup fellas,been a member of this thread since i started it awhile back, just wanted to say after a couple years of injuries and straying from my path of bodybuilding i'm back in the game, let me know when the next event is and i will try my best to make it.

Sup brother. Welcome back.

How about you throw out a date, time, and place and let's make it happen. The holidays are coming fast so we need to gather the bros for one more session before everyone scatters. How about a gathering in early November?

Slumberjack25
10-17-11, 2:53 pm

Welcome back man. Recently came back myself within the last month or so. It feels so good coming back and doing something you love so much. Hope that your gains come back as quickly as they have been coming back for me.

TufffGuY
10-18-11, 11:24 pm
Welcome back man. Recently came back myself within the last month or so. It feels so good coming back and doing something you love so much. Hope that your gains come back as quickly as they have been coming back for me.

Hell ya man Muscle memory is the shit. I just recently got a job so once i get my schedule figured out I'm game for a Workout done Animal Style.

ANTDOGG
10-24-11, 10:08 pm
Let's make it happen. November 12th is a good date. Coffee's is as hardcore as it gets. Iron Beast barbell is good too but it's a bit of a ride.

ATLMusclBro5
10-26-11, 7:39 pm
Sup fellas. Looks like 11/12/11 at Coffee's Gym is gonna work. Who's in?

TufffGuY
10-27-11, 10:44 pm
Where is Coffee's located?

ATLMusclBro5
10-28-11, 5:00 am
http://www.coffeesgym.org/Home_Page.html

Address:
1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068
Phone: (770) 321 6900

$5 daily rate to train.

Appollonian
10-28-11, 8:18 am
Montgomery AL Animal here; would like to make it in the future, but I have a baby due about that time. I'll stay subbed and see what's happening in the future. I hope you get a good crowd together.

ATLMusclBro5
10-28-11, 10:08 am
Welcome aboard brother. Looking forward to lifting with you. We'll make the three hour drive from Montgomery worth the effort. Trust me...you will be sore on your way back home...especially if we hit legs.

Congrats with the baby on the way. Hopefully it's another ANIMAL in the making.

Montgomery AL Animal here; would like to make it in the future, but I have a baby due about that time. I'll stay subbed and see what's happening in the future. I hope you get a good crowd together.

Young1
10-28-11, 10:51 am
Sup fellas. Looks like 11/12/11 at Coffee's Gym is gonna work. Who's in?

I'm in. I don't care where it is or how much it costs. My slow decline into mediocrity has ended.

ATLMusclBro5
10-28-11, 4:41 pm
I'm in. I don't care where it is or how much it costs. My slow decline into mediocrity has ended.

Welcome back Youngster. Dust off the ashes and rekindle the flame brother. I'm glad the fire never really dies. It just needs to be fueled and stoked sometimes. Trust me bro...there's some gasoline waiting for your a$$ in a few weeks!!

Big Daddy Michael
10-29-11, 10:30 am
Post a time Mr. Project Manager. Let the baby go.

ANTDOGG
10-29-11, 2:22 pm
I am in for the 12th. Let's lift and eat. Let's make a day of it.

ATLMusclBro5
10-29-11, 9:37 pm
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2011
Time: 1:00 PM

Address:
1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068

$5 daily rate to train.

If you have any conflicts with the date/time, just say so ASAP. Wanna see as many of you guys there as possible. Definitely looking forward to this one.

ATLMusclBro5
10-29-11, 9:40 pm
Post a time Mr. Project Manager. Let the baby go.

I suggest 1 PM. That should give everyone time to take care of business in the morning and lift and eat in the afternoon. Hope you can make it out bro. Always a pleasure to train with you.

Young1
10-31-11, 8:41 pm
1 pm on the 12th sounds good to me. Count me in.

OSUrookie
10-31-11, 10:13 pm
Hey Fellas, i'm in Marietta and would love to make an ABC event. I'm from Ohio so i've been to the Arnold a few times, been in the cage, but never got a chance to hit up an ABC session. Not sure what my schedule's like but I'd love to make it!!!!

ATLMusclBro5
10-31-11, 10:36 pm
Hey Fellas, i'm in Marietta and would love to make an ABC event. I'm from Ohio so i've been to the Arnold a few times, been in the cage, but never got a chance to hit up an ABC session. Not sure what my schedule's like but I'd love to make it!!!!

Welcome aboard Rookie. Looking forward to lifting with you. Definitely hope you can make it.

OSUrookie
10-31-11, 10:44 pm
Hell, count me in. I only live about 20 minutes away so there's no excuse not to make it! I've been doing The House's training routine #19 so i could hold off on hitting chest until Saturday if anyone's down to tear up their chest. I'm getting psyched just thinkin about it.....

OSUrookie
10-31-11, 10:58 pm
Hell, count me in. I only live about 20 minutes away so there's no excuse not to make it! I've been doing The House's training routine #19 so i could hold off on hitting chest until Saturday if anyone's down to tear up their chest. I'm getting psyched just thinkin about it.....

or arms, whatever you guys wanna do.

G Diesel
11-01-11, 9:53 am
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2011

Address:
1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068

$5 daily rate to train.

If you have any conflicts with the date/time, just say so ASAP. Wanna see as many of you guys there as possible. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Good to see the ATL boys representing the ABC movement. We'll definitely be supporting you guys.

Peace, G

OSUrookie
11-01-11, 8:01 pm
I actually got some disappointing news, i got reminded today that I made a prior commitment to help someone move on the 12th. Sad but i'm only as good as my word so I won't be able to make it to the session. I guess i'll stick to training routine #19 and catch the next one!

ATLMusclBro5
11-02-11, 3:02 pm
I actually got some disappointing news, i got reminded today that I made a prior commitment to help someone move on the 12th. Sad but i'm only as good as my word so I won't be able to make it to the session. I guess i'll stick to training routine #19 and catch the next one!

Understandable Rookie. Just don't count out the session just yet. Maybe you can make it all work. Or at least meet up for some food afterwards. Would love to see you there bro.

Young1
11-02-11, 4:41 pm
WTF. Am I the only one concerned about food? Anyone familiar with the gym area throw out some options for good grub afterwards.

OSUrookie
11-02-11, 5:42 pm
WTF. Am I the only one concerned about food? Anyone familiar with the gym area throw out some options for good grub afterwards.

the famous marietta diner is right down the road

ATLMusclBro5
11-02-11, 10:52 pm
the famous marietta diner is right down the road

Love the Diner!

Also a Sonny's BBQ nearby with all you can eat options. Chinese buffet nearby. Also, a really good Mexican joint in the neighborhood. No shortage of places to go afterwards.

ANTDOGG
11-04-11, 7:03 am
All food is good food. Definitely looking forward to it. Might bring a friend or two.

ATLMusclBro5
11-06-11, 3:06 pm
Here's a flyer I made up for the ABC session on Saturday.

http://www.4shared.com/document/ruCi9W3b/ABC_-_Nov_2011.html

You should be able to click on the link and then download the PDF file. Feel free to distribute.

ANTDOGG
11-09-11, 9:03 pm
Nice work. Looking forward to it. Bringing a friend who is getting back into the flow. Coffee's has belts and most straps. However knee wraps and grips should be brought. Everyone should bring an animal shirt if they have one.

Big Daddy Michael
11-10-11, 8:04 am
Looks like my schedule has cleared. I'll rearrange legs [2.5+ hrs] from the normal Saturday slot to Friday. I'll work delts and traps. I can handle one person and still keep up my pacing if anyone is interested. Big Daddy

ATLMusclBro5
11-10-11, 10:39 am
Here's the new link to the flyer. I think the previous link no longer works.

http://www.4shared.com/document/Gsz6E035/ABC-Nov2011.html

ANTDOGG, can you give the gym some head's up that they're gonna be invaded on Saturday? Just wanna make sure they are cool with us being there.

ATLMusclBro5
11-10-11, 9:13 pm
Sup fellas.

Corporate sent a package down for the session on Saturday. Samples of ANIMAL Rage (Orange and Slaughtermelon) and samples of ANIMAL Pump were included. They also sent some other good stuff to show their support.

Fist bump to G Deisel for supporting the Georgia boys. We wanna make sure we represent ANIMAL well this weekend brothers.

ATLMusclBro5
11-13-11, 11:57 pm
Pics

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/ABC_Atlanta/Georgia%20ABC%20Nov%2012%202011/

Young1
11-14-11, 3:53 pm
Solid work right here. Lookin forward to the next one already. Coffee's Gym is no joke

ANTDOGG
11-14-11, 10:24 pm
That was good times. Definitely looking forward to the next one. Good group of workout partners.

ATLMusclBro5
11-15-11, 12:06 pm
Good session brothers.

Big Daddy Michael - Always a pleasure to hang with you. Much respect goes to you and your accomplishments bro.

ANTDOGG - Great training with you bro. Definitely gonna add the rack pull deads to my routine along with the Smith Machine pullups. Help me remember the name of the grips we were using on the pullups. Every gym should have those.

Youngster - Welcome back to the path of self-destruction brother. It's time to grow.

OSURookie and whitfieldjr had some other commitments and I know we have some others who are interested. Let's gather the troops for 2012 for sure. I know we can get a few more bros to join us next time (and possibly some ladies). At least one of the female powerlifters at Coffee's was interested in the ANIMAL shirts we were all wearing. ANTDOGG gave a great explanation about who we are and what we're about.

Thanks to Coffee's Gym for hosting us. It's one of the few hardcore gyms left in the metro area. They have crazy heavy dumbbells, rubberized plates you can bounce off the floor, and just about every cable grip you can imagine. Damn near perfect for us. We'll be back for sure.

Marietta Diner was awesome as usual. Great food, great service, and great desserts!! It just doesn't get much better!!

Thanks again to G Diesel and Corporate for the box of supplies. The Georgia boys appreciate your support.

ANTDOGG
11-15-11, 9:54 pm
Thanks for setting it up. The grip we used is called the backbull. Killer workout. Looking forward to the next one.

OSUrookie
11-16-11, 10:56 pm
Sounds like i missed a good one. Moving took all day from 9am-5pm so i couldnt make it. Getting excited for the next one....

Kill i oughtta
12-20-11, 4:37 pm
is this were the georgia animals are at?

ATLMusclBro5
12-21-11, 11:21 am
is this were the georgia animals are at?

You bet bro. Good group of guys here. Welcome aboard.

Kill i oughtta
12-21-11, 10:27 pm
awsome man thanks what part of Ga you guys from?

ATLMusclBro5
12-22-11, 7:04 pm
Near Marietta here. Most of the bros are in the Atlanta metro area. What about you? Introduce yourself. Where do you train? Lifting for how long? Goals?

Kill i oughtta
12-24-11, 11:17 pm
I was born in Marrietta Georgia still have family up there.

well my names Ian Ruffner born in raised in ga

i live farther south right now in hinesville Ga i train at the local ymca here theres nothing else for miles but it gets the job done.

ive been lifting seriously for about a year and a half now and i just competed in my first show about a month and a half ago

my goals are to continue to grow and compete and keep improving my physique

ATLMusclBro5
12-28-11, 4:32 pm
Hinesville, GA is a hike from Atlanta, but if you ever decide to come up for an ABC session, you'll have a place to crash. More than likely, you'll need it!

That's awesome you decided to compete after only 18 months of lifting. The whole experience is quite a rush. I'm planning to do a show next year in August and I think a few of the other bros here are considering competing as well.

Keep growing and making progress bro. Looking forward to lifting with you sometime.

Kill i oughtta
01-02-12, 11:38 pm
haha sounds like my challenage man looking foward to it

and yea most deff i was the first one on stage the teens divsion wasnt as kind as i thought would be and that awsome we need more true competitors make the sport grow

hell yea im looking foward to training with some real animals any good hardcore gyms up north?

ATLMusclBro5
01-05-12, 12:48 pm
Our last session was at Coffee's Gym in Marietta. That's probably one of the few powerlifting gyms remaining in the metro area. But there are still some really good spots around. Lots of options besides the big box gyms like LA Fitness and Lifetime.

North Georgia Barbell Club
http://www.northgeorgiabarbell.com/

Coffee's Gym
http://www.coffeesgym.org/

Titanz Fitness
http://titanz.net/

Ironhouse Fitness
http://ironhouse.org/

ATLMusclBro5
01-05-12, 12:54 pm
Sup brothers.

Just wanted to suggest Saturday, January 28, 2012 for the next Georgia ABC session. Meet up around 12:30 PM. Location TBD. Hopefully we can get a session in before the national ABC session at the Arnold Classic in March. Let me know what you think.

Bard of Rage
01-12-12, 8:45 am
Sounds good, I think I'll join y'all this time. Any suggestions on what we're going to workout?

ATLMusclBro5
01-12-12, 9:54 am
dalthorn, if you're willing to make the drive up, I think it's cool if you make the call about the workout. I'm just glad to get you back in the rotation bro!!

TufffGuY
01-16-12, 3:58 pm
The 28th would be my 21st Birthday, wouldnt mind burning some calroies before I consume some that night lol, let me know whats up with this meet and I will try to plan on coming.

ATLMusclBro5
01-18-12, 10:46 pm
The 28th would be my 21st Birthday, wouldnt mind burning some calroies before I consume some that night lol, let me know whats up with this meet and I will try to plan on coming.

Awesome bro. Would be nice to meet the dude who started this thread. Let's lock in the date and make it happen.

TufffGuY
01-18-12, 10:47 pm
Awesome bro. Would be nice to meet the dude who started this thread. Let's lock in the date and make it happen.

Which Gym do you guys normally attend on these Workouts?

ATLMusclBro5
01-18-12, 10:52 pm
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012

Address:
1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30068

$5 daily rate to train.

If you have any conflicts with the date/time, just say so ASAP and we'll try to shuffle. Wanna see as many of you guys there as possible. We definitely have a good group of brothers in the area. Just gotta gather us all together in one location.

TufffGuY
01-19-12, 12:31 am
you think there would be any way we could back it up one hour to noon, since it will be my birthday I would like to get this in as early as possible since I have many family members and parties to attend to.

TufffGuY
01-19-12, 12:34 am
Corporate feel free to send out any free gifts and goodies, after all it is my 21st Birthday muhahah

ATLAS64
01-19-12, 1:49 pm
I don't know if anyone is interested but I am one of the coaches for the Kennesaw State University powerlifting team and we train at NGBB and a few other places if you want to hop in with us sometime! It is not bodybuilding but it is a helluva way to spend your off-season.

TufffGuY
01-19-12, 3:02 pm
I don't know if anyone is interested but I am one of the coaches for the Kennesaw State University powerlifting team and we train at NGBB and a few other places if you want to hop in with us sometime! It is not bodybuilding but it is a helluva way to spend your off-season.

NGBB? I am a Exercise & Health Science major at KSU. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot although I am coming off an injury(fully healed) but def. weak from not training.

ATLAS64
01-19-12, 5:20 pm
NGBB? I am a Exercise & Health Science major at KSU. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot although I am coming off an injury(fully healed) but def. weak from not training.

Nice, I just graduated from Kennesaw and got my bachelors in Exercise and Health Science. We are lifting at KSU tomorrow at 2 if you want to join. North Georgia Barbell.

ATLMusclBro5
01-19-12, 8:12 pm

ATLAS,

Thanks for the offer bro. I've heard of NGBB but I've never been to the site. Would love to train there sometime. Maybe we can get a group together and have an ABC session there in the near future.

Bard of Rage
01-23-12, 8:50 am
dalthorn, if you're willing to make the drive up, I think it's cool if you make the call about the workout. I'm just glad to get you back in the rotation bro!!

Depends on how I order my workouts this week but hell I'm up for whatever y'all want.

ATLMusclBro5
01-24-12, 12:12 am
Sup brothers. Here's a flyer for the session on Saturday. Download, print, and post it at your gym or hand out to some of your friends. Looking forward to this.

http://www.4shared.com/office/HJxxfPab/ABC_Jan_2012.html

Time changed from 1:00 pm to 12:00 Noon.

Marietta Diner is recommended afterwards for a good meal. There is also a good Mexican spot not far from the gym as well. Feel free to throw out some other suggestions.

We also have some stuff from Corporate from our last session. Big thanks to G Diesel for making that happen.

TufffGuY
01-24-12, 1:08 am
Hell ya, any idea what you guys are trying to workout? Im thinking LEGS

Bard of Rage
01-24-12, 12:48 pm
Sounds good to me, good thing I did legs yesterday then.

GFH_Bama
01-24-12, 1:32 pm
Any you guys lift up around Cartersville area. I am currently lifting at the Golds Gym. It is pretty nice just a little too fancy for me, but good equipment. Looking for a good partner if anyone is already lifting around that area.

ATLMusclBro5
01-25-12, 7:00 pm
Any you guys lift up around Cartersville area. I am currently lifting at the Golds Gym. It is pretty nice just a little too fancy for me, but good equipment. Looking for a good partner if anyone is already lifting around that area.

Sup bro. Hope you can make it down for the session on Saturday. I'm up in Marietta, so I'm only about 30 miles away. Always worth the drive for a good workout.

ATLAS64
01-26-12, 7:35 pm
Sup bro. Hope you can make it down for the session on Saturday. I'm up in Marietta, so I'm only about 30 miles away. Always worth the drive for a good workout.

Where do you normally train ATL?

ATLMusclBro5
01-27-12, 9:52 am
Where do you normally train ATL?

Hey bro. I usually hit American Bodyworks off Whitlock Avenue in Marietta. It's open 24/7 so it's always convenient. I'll also hit Just Fitness in East Cobb to mix it up sometimes. LA Fitness also opened a new spot 3 minutes from my place, so I've been there a few times as well.

GFH_Bama
01-27-12, 10:18 am

Man I really wish I could. I am the Head Baseball Coach at my High School and we are having a work day at our field or I would definitely be there. I will be at the next one no doubt.

ATLMusclBro5
01-27-12, 12:10 pm
Man I really wish I could. I am the Head Baseball Coach at my High School and we are having a work day at our field or I would definitely be there. I will be at the next one no doubt.

Sounds good bro. We will see you next time for sure.

ATLAS64
01-27-12, 5:16 pm
Hey bro. I usually hit American Bodyworks off Whitlock Avenue in Marietta. It's open 24/7 so it's always convenient. I'll also hit Just Fitness in East Cobb to mix it up sometimes. LA Fitness also opened a new spot 3 minutes from my place, so I've been there a few times as well.

Nice, I split time between KSU and the same Just Fitness. What are yall training tomorrow?

ATLAS64
01-27-12, 5:27 pm
The Messenger (former UGA defensive end and good friend) and I will be coming tomorrow. I am freaking stoked to train with you guys tomorrow! Marietta Diner all the freaking way!

ATLMusclBro5
01-27-12, 6:40 pm
The Messenger (former UGA defensive end and good friend) and I will be coming tomorrow. I am freaking stoked to train with you guys tomorrow! Marietta Diner all the freaking way!

I believe legs are on deck for Saturday. It's supposed to be a sunny day, so we'll probably spend some time outdoors doing walking lunges in the parking lot. If we get a good crowd, we might split up. Looking forward to this one. Carb up brothers. Who's coming?

ATLAS64
01-27-12, 11:22 pm
Coffees has some bad ass strongman equipment too!

TufffGuY
01-28-12, 1:12 am
Have some bad news fellas, It turns out I wont be back in town until later in the day. My flight back doesn't leave until 1 p.m. I originally planned on leaving yesterday but due to some family business I had to stay another day. I was really hoping to make the session since it will be my Birthday but I will have to catch the next one, family always come first to me. Kill it for me Fellas, and Ill be there in spirit.

Bard of Rage
01-28-12, 9:06 am
See ya guys there. I just want to warn I may be a little late due to traffic but I guess we'll see what happens, after all it is a 100 mile drive from Robins.

ATLMusclBro5
01-28-12, 9:49 am
Have some bad news fellas, It turns out I wont be back in town until later in the day. My flight back doesn't leave until 1 p.m. I originally planned on leaving yesterday but due to some family business I had to stay another day. I was really hoping to make the session since it will be my Birthday but I will have to catch the next one, family always come first to me. Kill it for me Fellas, and Ill be there in spirit.

Hey bro. Happy birthday. Maybe swing by Marietta Diner afterwards. Great food and probably the best desserts in town!! Perfect place for grabbing a slice of birthday cake. See you at the next session for sure.

ATLMusclBro5
01-28-12, 9:53 am
See ya guys there. I just want to warn I may be a little late due to traffic but I guess we'll see what happens, after all it is a 100 mile drive from Robins.

Just jump in whenever you arrive bro. The squat rack will be waiting for you. Looking forward to lifting with you again.

ATLMusclBro5
01-29-12, 4:09 pm
Thank you guys for making it out on Saturday. I had a good time training legs with the powerlifters. Quads and lower back are sore as hell today.

dalthorn, I'm glad you made the drive up from Warner Robins for the session. I think your legs got a good beatdown towards the end. Sorry I didn't take any pics this time. I was trying to focus on keeping up with you guys. Looking forward to next time fellas.

ATLAS64
01-29-12, 9:41 pm
Thanks for the great session. Looking forward to training again!

Wetdawg
02-08-12, 11:31 am
Hey Guys, Are you all going to get together in or around the Feb/March time frame? I would like to drop by for the next round. I'll be watching this board for a time. Thanks, WD

ATLMusclBro5
02-13-12, 12:24 am
Hey Guys, Are you all going to get together in or around the Feb/March time frame? I would like to drop by for the next round. I'll be watching this board for a time. Thanks, WD

Welcome aboard bro. Looking forward to lifting with you.

Appollonian
02-13-12, 1:48 pm
Depending on the notice and what my work schedule looks like, I might be able to hit up a session in March... no promises though. Definitely before the end of the year though.

EssexCounty
03-03-12, 11:28 am
Anybody in the Henry/Clayton county area.?! I'm usually @ SnapFitness in the Stockbridge area.!

ANTDOGG
03-05-12, 9:17 pm
Anyone coming for this one? I am definitely going to be there.

Wetdawg
03-07-12, 10:51 am
Anyone coming for this one? I am definitely going to be there.

Where and when? I'm good for Saturdays.

Kill i oughtta
03-21-12, 9:26 am
the abc sounded awsome i really wish i could of gone i need train at a real gym

Wetdawg
05-02-12, 5:32 am
You guys got anything lined up for May?

ATLMusclBro5
05-02-12, 9:41 pm
You guys got anything lined up for May?

What did you have in mind bro? Throw out some ideas.

I know the Eastern Seaboard bodybuilding competiton is on May 12 at the Gwinnett Center. Maybe we can round up some guys who want to check it out. Also, some bros are getting ready for competitions this summer (powerlifting and bodybuilding). Would really cool to support each other's efforts.

Amnimal
05-03-12, 9:11 am
ANybody around the lower part of Georgia, I live in small town BAxley but its close to Waycross and about an Hr 1/2 from Savannah? Im over 200+ miles from ATL.

Wetdawg
05-06-12, 7:17 am
What did you have in mind bro? Throw out some ideas.

I know the Eastern Seaboard bodybuilding competiton is on May 12 at the Gwinnett Center. Maybe we can round up some guys who want to check it out. Also, some bros are getting ready for competitions this summer (powerlifting and bodybuilding). Would really cool to support each other's efforts.

The 12th is the only day of the year I have to be somewhere (29th Anniversary). I can do any Saturday after that date. I'm not sure I can cruise down to Savannah. Maybe half way, Macon? Is there a Usable Gym in Macon? Otherwise Coffee's in Marietta is a great place, with Marietta Diner afterwards.

Wetdawg
05-06-12, 7:36 am
Found this Gym on the Web. Could be a place to hit if we want to go to Macon. I can drive with 4 more in my ride. If enough are insterested I can give them a call and see if we can get in for a day??? Post here and let me know what ya think.

http://www.bodyevolution.us/gym-info/

Amnimal
05-06-12, 12:55 pm
WHats the inside look like? I dont know about you guys but i cant stand going to a gym thats mostly machines. Im a majority free weights and hardcore heavy training type. None of that super set your whole body physique model circuit bullshit its just not effective. I ask because i had to use an anytime fitness before and all they had were machines and a light set dumbell rack.

Wetdawg
05-06-12, 1:16 pm
It's about two hours from my place. I never been in it. all I see is what is on thier site.

ATLMusclBro5
05-06-12, 6:33 pm
Won't hurt to call them and find out bro. I know dalthorn has driven up from Warner Robins a few times for ABC sessions. I'm pretty sure we can get a few bros to make the trip down to Macon if we can get it all set up.

Wetdawg
05-07-12, 1:13 pm
Contacted Mary at the Gym. They have a large free weight area. They have a $10 day pass charge, but if we come up with 4 or more she will cut us a $5 deal. What do you all think about the 19th? If we leave the north at 8am we can be there by 10am, workout and eat around 11:30-12??

Bard of Rage
05-07-12, 2:44 pm
Sounds good and it'll be nice to not have to drive all the way to Atlanta, though I think I might have to work that day.

Wetdawg
05-08-12, 5:21 am
Sounds good and it'll be nice to not have to drive all the way to Atlanta, though I think I might have to work that day.

If you have to pull weekend duty we can shoot for the 26th. Just let us know what day you need.

Amnimal
05-08-12, 4:19 pm
My anniversry is this month so my wifes knockin a chunk out of my bank account but if she dosent break me to bad im down to go on either of those dates, it be great to hit it up with some of you guys. Anybody know of some good BB comps around georgia besides the Southern Isles Comp?

ATLMusclBro5
05-11-12, 12:15 am
My anniversry is this month so my wifes knockin a chunk out of my bank account but if she dosent break me to bad im down to go on either of those dates, it be great to hit it up with some of you guys. Anybody know of some good BB comps around georgia besides the Southern Isles Comp?

Sup bro. I believe the NPC Eastern Seaboard is this weekend (Saturday, May 12) at the Gwinnett Center.

The NPC Georgia is coming up in July at the World Congress Center and the NPC Coastal is in August.

Check www.georgiabodybuilding.com for the major shows in the metro area.

Bard of Rage
05-11-12, 8:13 am
If you have to pull weekend duty we can shoot for the 26th. Just let us know what day you need.

I should be able to come next weekend unless y'all want to delay it to the 26th and I got to say that gym looked damned nice on their site.

Wetdawg
05-15-12, 8:20 am
So does the 19th look good for everyone? or should we wait until the 26th? I can do either, just need to make sure we can all make it.

Bard of Rage
05-16-12, 9:44 pm
From what I've been told I'll be able to make the 19th and since I haven't been able to work out all week I'll be ready and raring to go.

ATLMusclBro5
05-16-12, 10:17 pm
So far it looks like we're gonna lock in on Saturday, May 19. Can anyone else make it?

Bard of Rage
05-17-12, 9:58 am
So far it looks like we're gonna lock in on Saturday, May 19. Can anyone else make it?

Hope so I want a good workout this week finally.

Wetdawg
05-17-12, 2:57 pm
19th sounds good to me. Can meet at Marietta Diner at 8am if someone wants to ride with. Will be at the gym in Macon No Later than 1030 am. If we get more than 4 the owner will cut us a deal of $5 to use it. If not its $10. I will get with her tommorow morning and set it up for 10-1030 am on the 19th. Cool?

Bard of Rage
05-17-12, 3:25 pm
19th sounds good to me. Can meet at Marietta Diner at 8am if someone wants to ride with. Will be at the gym in Macon No Later than 1030 am. If we get more than 4 the owner will cut us a deal of $5 to use it. If not its $10. I will get with her tommorow morning and set it up for 10-1030 am on the 19th. Cool?

Sounds good to me.

ATLMusclBro5
05-17-12, 8:26 pm
I'm pretty sure I can make it down as well bro.

Wetdawg, can you blast us with a summary post (what, where, when, cost, etc.) so everyone knows what to do. The details are kinda scattered through the last few posts.

Wetdawg
05-18-12, 11:48 am
It's that time again, Lets get together and throw some Iron-

When: May 19th 10-10:30am

Where: Body Evolution
171 Spring St.
Macon, GA 31201
Phone: (478) 390-7636
http://www.bodyevolution.us

Cost: $10 - $5 if more than 4 show

For the Near Atlanta guys that need a lift I will be stealing the Wifes trail blazer so I can fit an extra 4. Meet me at Marrietta Diner (306 Cobb Parkway S Marietta, GA 30060) around 8am, I'm outta there at 8:30 headed to Macon.

Food to follow at a yet to be determind location.

ATLMusclBro5
05-18-12, 3:36 pm
Wetdawg, thanks for pulling that info together. I copied the post to the South Georgia Animals thread and to the Georgia/SC Animals thread. Hopefully we can get a few bros to join us despite the late notice.

I'll probably be about 30 minutes behind you and will gladly haul anyone down who wants to ride along. I should arrive at the gym around 10:30 am. I don't think it'll be hard to spot each other. Looks like it's me, you and dalthorn at the moment.

Anyone else gonna join in?

Wetdawg
05-18-12, 4:35 pm
If everyone is going to drive down-
I won't wait at Marietta Diner.
If someone wants to meet me there for a ride, send me a message and I will swing by.
I will check my messages in the morning before I haul down there.

Bard of Rage
05-18-12, 6:59 pm
So what do y'all feel like working on?

Wetdawg
05-18-12, 8:01 pm
I have to do shoulders
about 5 different lifts, 4 sets of 10

DB Rows
seated DB Arnold press
seated DB shoulder press
standing lat raises

Barbell Shrugs for traps

I am doing a 4 day program and skipped today so I can run it tommorow

ATLMusclBro5
05-18-12, 8:07 pm
I'm pretty open for tomorrow. Back, legs, or chest would work for me. I was planning to hit shoulders and tris tonight. I tend to keep my rep range a lot higher these days. More like HITT style training sometimes. But I can be flexible.

Bard of Rage
05-19-12, 11:09 am
Were here and in the back, when you get here knock on the door to get the receptionists attention.

ATLMusclBro5
05-21-12, 8:48 am
Sup brothers.

Just a quick recap from Saturday's ABC session.

Wetdawg and I made the treck down from Atlanta to Macon and met up with dalthorn to train at a pretty cool gym called Body Evolution (http://www.bodyevolution.us/). The owners are both bodybuilders/powerlifters as well. They had several pretty cool pics up of themselves and their success stories in the entry area and down the main hallway of the building.

The gym is right in the heart of downtown Macon. Walking into the place, it seemed pretty normal. Cardio equipment in the front and a lot of CrossFit and other aerobic stuff. The gym attendent (she is a powerlifter as well) told us to go all the way to the back of the building. Crossing the steel doors towards the rear of the building was like night and day. That was the GYM!! Great atmosphere for training. It remiinded me of the pics I've seen of Metroflex Gym where Branch Warren trains. There's a cool mural on the wall and they had the garage doors open in the back so air could circulate. No AC and no heat...which was fine since it wasn't hot anyway. If you went outside to the rear landing, they have a few strongman tires chillin in the background.

We basically followed wetdawg's shoulder routine with a few extra supersets thrown in.

One arm dumbbell rows
4 x 10

Seated Arnold press
4 x 10

Seated dumbbell shoulder press
4 x 10

Lateral raises with cable machine superset with Standing front raises (using a 25# and a 45# plate)
4 x 10 for both

Barbell Shrugs
4 x 10

Rear delt pulls with cable machine
2 x 10

We found a good Mexican restaurant nearby and hung out for a while. dalthorn won the "where does he put it all" contest after downing two entrees of steak, rice, and beans. Wetdawg and dalthorn traded some pretty awesome war stories about being in the Air Force and we talked about trying another ABC sometime in July hopefully.

dalthorn took some pics so hopefully those will pop up in the next few days. Great seeing the brothers again. Looking forward to next time.

Bard of Rage
05-23-12, 1:16 pm
Sorry for the delay but here are some of the photos we took, though we ended up forgetting to take them till we were almost finished with the workout.

ATLMuslcebro doing shrugs.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=aaaec5e4.jpg

Wetdawg doing shrugs.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=a2d13a28.jpg

Dalthorn doing shrugs.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=08f27903.jpg

ATLMusclebro doing rear cable shoulders.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=a2aed8a6.jpg

Wetdawg doing rear cable shoulder and making it look easy.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=ab9fcd73.jpg

Dalthorn doing rear cable shoulders.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=657d9fe7.jpg

Wetdawg and Dalthorn about to eat some Mexican food after good workout.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=4d009577.jpg

Dalthorn after accidently ordering 2 meals.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=d5aec1e3.jpg

Dalthorn after vanquishing a might meal with his mug of tea.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/Dalthorn/Olympia%202010/?action=view&current=b559fae1.jpg

FYI at that restaurant ordering extra meat meant "Yes I want 2 entrees", challenge accepted and challenge won I say. All in all it was a good time just wish we could get some more people in our group.

Bard of Rage
05-23-12, 1:27 pm
Oh and I weighed my self at 249lbs today so I guess my previous weight of 259.6lbs two weeks ago was just water weight/food I'd eaten. Either way I'm going to start cutting for the first time since I started weightlifting in 2008, time to see what these last few years have given me. I'll start a journey when I flesh out the details.

TufffGuY
06-26-12, 12:33 pm
Whats up Guys, haven't been around much since I started this thread awhile ago, been busy with family problems and school and work. Back in action now and wondering how everyones doing will be attending all ABC meetings from now on as long as I'm not working.

Started a tribe for all of us Southern guys that way we can keep and touch and pm each other and know who's who a way for all of us to have our own private conversations, no bullshit involved. Its called Dirty South Animals and here a link

http://forum.animalpak.com/group.php?groupid=56

Looking forward to catching up with all you guys.

ATLMusclBro5
07-06-12, 3:05 pm
2012 NPC Georgia Bodybuilding/Figure/Bikini
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Pre-Judging - 9:35 AM
Evening Show - 6:35 PM

The Sidney Marcus Auditorium
285 Andrew Young International Blvd, Atlanta, GA

This is the big state competition for Georgia. If you can't make it, there's still one big regional show left for Georgia in mid-August (NPC Coastal).

ATLMusclBro5
07-06-12, 3:12 pm
Looks like ticket prices are $25 for prejudging and $25 and up for the evening show.

For more info, check the Georgia Bodybilding website at http://georgiabodybuilding.com/

Bard of Rage
07-06-12, 3:38 pm
I may very well go to the evening show tomorrow so I can see what the competition pool is like here in Georgia. Just need to make sure I get all my food ready before I do that 100 mile drive...again.

TufffGuY
07-06-12, 11:22 pm
Thats only like an hour away from me I might have to show up, in my Animal shirt of course lol wonder what pros are going or what kind of free shit they'll be handing out.

Bard of Rage
07-07-12, 9:10 pm
Thats only like an hour away from me I might have to show up, in my Animal shirt of course lol wonder what pros are going or what kind of free shit they'll be handing out.

Not sure if you ended up coming or not man but ATL and I were a little bit late, I think I saw what might of been you with a red Animal shirt.

TufffGuY
07-07-12, 10:48 pm
Not sure if you ended up coming or not man but ATL and I were a little bit late, I think I saw what might of been you with a red Animal shirt.

Nah man wasn't able to make it got caught up with some other business wish i could have though, how was it?

Wetdawg
07-08-12, 6:02 am
Wish I could have made it. At work today. Was in bed at 2000 hrs. Maybe in August I can set a day aside for the next show.

ANTDOGG
07-10-12, 9:35 am
Bros let's work on something for mid August. I checked out a real down and dirty spot in Smyrna, GA. It's called Ironhouse fitness. Real nice environment with some old school machines.

Wetdawg
07-11-12, 4:24 am
Sounds like a plan. Can do Saturdays usually. Just say when!

Young1
07-11-12, 8:04 am
Consider me in.

Bard of Rage
07-11-12, 1:58 pm
I'm taking leave after the fun times we are about to have here at work I'll be gone till the 18th/19th, depending when y'all schedule I'll see ya there but hey if not have a great time.

ANTDOGG
07-12-12, 5:43 am
I am thinking late August. Let's see if we can get more people in on this.

Bard of Rage
07-12-12, 11:09 am
Late august would work better for me and I already have ATLmsclbro threatening me with a leg day for it.

ATLMusclBro5
07-24-12, 8:42 pm
Late august would work better for me and I already have ATLmsclbro threatening me with a leg day for it.

Dude, empty threats just ain't my style. I always deliver. haha

Ironhouse is an awesome gym. Definitely hardcore. I think they had some 200# dumbbells sitting around as well...just waiting to be thrown around. Anyone up for some single arm rows?

ATLMusclBro5
07-24-12, 8:52 pm
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Gwinnett Center
Performing Arts Center
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097-4091

Prejudging usually starts around 10 am and the Evening show around 7:30 pm.

This is the last big show for the season in Georgia (except for the Nationals in October/November).

TufffGuY
07-25-12, 12:08 am
Gwinnett Center
Performing Arts Center

Prejudging usually starts around 10 am and the Evening show around 7:30 pm.

This is the last big show for the season in Georgia (except for the Nationals in October/November).

Im down for this I say we meet somewhere and eat some dinner then carpool to the event.

ATLMusclBro5
07-27-12, 11:49 am
Maybe we can keep the 18th and/or 19th open for another ABC. The competition is on the 18th, so we could do the ABC in the early afternoon, grab a meal, then hit the show in the evening. Or break it up over two days (competition on Saturday, ABC on Sunday). Folks can jump into the mix when and where they want.

ATLMusclBro5
07-31-12, 8:39 pm
Sup everyone. Let's try to lock in August 25 (Sat) or 26 (Sun) for the next ABC session. The 18th isn't looking too good for me and I definitely wanna join you guys. Hopefully 4 weeks notice is enough time to coordinate schedules and such. Looking forward to it.

Bard of Rage
07-31-12, 9:01 pm
That'll be fine with me, I'm driving back from Louisiana on the 18th so I doubt a leg session would go well with log hours of driving and crappy food.

Wetdawg
08-06-12, 5:45 am
The 25th would work out better for me as well. The 18th I will be at work all day.
I can do some one arm rows!

ATLMusclBro5
08-15-12, 11:45 pm
Sup brothers. Anyone object to us locking in Saturday, August 25 for the next ABC?

ATLMusclBro5
08-17-12, 8:13 pm
2012 NPC Coastal USA
Gwinnett Center
Performing Arts Center

Prejudging starts around 10 am and the evening show around 7:30 pm.

I'm planning to attend prejudging in the morning, but I can't make the night show. Hopefully I'll run into some of you guys. If not, let's hit it hard next week at the ABC.

Wetdawg
08-18-12, 8:50 pm
25th is good for me. where and when?

Bard of Rage
08-19-12, 1:42 am
I'm back in Georgia and the 25th sounds good to me too.

ATLMusclBro5
08-20-12, 6:17 am
Georgia ABC
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Time: 12:30 pm

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080
Phone: (770) 354-6052
http://ironhouse.org/index.html

I'll check on the guest fee and post once I find out.

Bros let's work on something for mid August. I checked out a real down and dirty spot in Smyrna, GA. It's called Ironhouse fitness. Real nice environment with some old school machines.

Young1
08-20-12, 9:52 am
In for this. Thoughts on body part?

Bard of Rage
08-20-12, 9:58 am
Whelp looks like I'm working through the next week and on night shift so I won't be able to come after all.

Wetdawg
08-21-12, 5:43 am
Whelp looks like I'm working through the next week and on night shift so I won't be able to come after all.

Its after noon. You don't need sleep. You can make this! You can sleep on the drive back to Warner Robins.

Wetdawg
08-21-12, 5:46 am
As far as body parts go, I can do shoulders or back, Biceps and/or Tri's.

TufffGuY
08-21-12, 8:36 am
Sorry guys I have work at 1:45, maybe if it was in kennesaw I could make half of it but I doubt Ill be able to on this one.

Wetdawg
08-21-12, 9:18 am
Maybe we can do it earlier? say 1000 am?

TufffGuY
08-21-12, 10:04 am
Maybe we can do it earlier? say 1000 am?

If you guys can switch to 10 A.M. I can most def make it. Maybe we can get Corp to send out a care package, hopefully maybe....lol since I will be making an appearance and started this bad boy in GA. Lets get a big group for this one!

Bard of Rage
08-21-12, 11:09 am
Actually though I am on nights till next Thursday we might be able to get Sunday off if we do well. If we can push the date to Sunday 26 hopefully early in the morning or noonish that would potentially work better for me. Of course I'll be tired as hell but I'll be there in body instead of spirit.

TufffGuY
08-21-12, 11:29 am
My bad guys I thought it was on Sunday, thats why I couldn't go cause of work I looked at post above and Sat works for me My office is closed on that day

Wetdawg
08-21-12, 12:11 pm
The 26th is not good here. I will be stuck in the office for 10+ hours. Saturday I am flexible for times. I can do 3am-11pm if need be.

Bard of Rage
08-21-12, 2:30 pm
Heh I guess I could do what ATLBro said and come up there immediately after I get off shift and crash at his place for a few hours before the ABC. Oy it'll be a tiring night but we'd need to have the ABC in late morning or extremely early afternoon.

Wetdawg
08-22-12, 7:08 am
So how about 10am on Saturday? After we are done we can do Lunch.
Up for two steaks Bard?

ATLMusclBro5
08-22-12, 10:05 am
Good dialogue brothers. I'm glad we can make this work.

Bard, thanks for being flexible. I know your schedule is kinda crazy and you gotta make the drive. But we'll make it all worth it bro.

For now, let's keep everything as-is. Saturday at 12:30 pm. That'll give everyone time to sleep in and carb up if necessary.

Looks like we have a good roll call going so far. Let's see who else we can entice.

Hopefully we can get ANTDOGG and a few others to join in.

Wetdawg
08-22-12, 1:58 pm
12:30 it is. It's just alot easier to sneak out in the morning. LOL

TufffGuY
08-22-12, 7:39 pm
Sounds good guys Ill be rockin a Animal T and Beanie, Is the adress posted above? and what is the cost for the workout?

Young1
08-22-12, 9:47 pm
Now that we have our original time table set...officially in. See you there at 12:30. Back awaits for anyone who wants to join in.

Wetdawg
08-24-12, 6:29 am
I could do with some Back work. See you all there

ATLMusclBro5
08-24-12, 7:57 pm
Sup brothers. The day rate at Ironhouse is $6.

I did a quick walkthrough yesterday to check out the place and there were some 190 pound dumbbells looking lonely.

I recommend bringing a water bottle as well. I just didn't remember seeing a water fountain. No AC either, but the garage doors were open. The parking lot was plenty big enough for walking lunges.

There were several places to eat in the area as well. A busy Mexican joint was next door and and Chinese food was nearby. There's also a Subway and other fast food in the neighborhood.

Rest up brothers. Carb up in the morning and be ready to work. Looking forward to this.

ATLMusclBro5
08-25-12, 11:18 am
Georgia ABC
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Time: 12:30 pm

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Guest fee for the day is $6. Bring cash if you can to make it easier. Also bring a water bottle. I don't remember seeing a water fountain.

Wetdawg
08-26-12, 5:16 am
5 Total Georgia Animals showed for the Workout. The gym was a smaller "Old School" Gym with lots of equipment from the early 80's. Chains and gears on those machines! Was good to see some different equipment to put some moves on. Doors were open, room was hot. Took in alot of water, which is a good thing. Afterwards we hit up Southern Bar-B-Q around the corner.

Bard of Rage did a no show- Seems they don't make those Air Force guys like they use to (Work 12, Stay up 8, 3 hours for sleep) Hopefully next time we will see him or perhaps you should change your name to Bard of Rest! :)
See ya soon Bro!

WD

ATLMusclBro5
08-26-12, 9:42 pm
Pics from the session on Saturday.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/ABC_Atlanta/Georgia%20ABC%20Aug%2025%202012/

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the album.

Thanks for the summary wetdawg. Good work brothers.

TufffGuY
08-26-12, 11:58 pm
Sorry guys, the boss's son called in to say he couldnt work because he was "tired" so I had to cover his slack, was pretty pissed but unfortunately money is tight so I need all i can get. Hope you guys had a good time and next time I will make sure to ask off work ahead of time for a good showing.

Bard of Rage
08-29-12, 12:06 pm
Bard of Rage did a no show- Seems they don't make those Air Force guys like they use to (Work 12, Stay up 8, 3 hours for sleep) Hopefully next time we will see him or perhaps you should change your name to Bard of Rest! :)
See ya soon Bro!

WD

Bard of Rest my ass. I didn't get home till 8 and got 1 hour of sleep before I texted ATLBro and told him I wasn't coming. It would of been a 2 hour drive, leg session, finishing around 4:30, a 2 hour drive, and then me getting to work late by a half hour during an exercise. Bring the bluster next time old man since you're gonna need it.

ATLMusclBro5
09-03-12, 10:12 am
We'll try to get together one more time before everyone breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Probably early November. More than likely at Ironhouse again, unless anyone has any suggestions. The owner, Tony, was cool with us being there and welcomed us back anytime. He even had an ANIMAL poster of Centopani in his office. Maybe next time, we can all try to max out with squats, deads, and bench. Just to see what your totals are.

Wetdawg
09-11-12, 7:48 am
Ironhouse Gym is a great "Old School" Gym. There was stuff in there I have not seen since the 80's. I was sweating my fat self off in there. No A/C, just a breeze from the overhead door being open. November is good for me, any Saturday I can do. See ya then.

ATLMusclBro5
10-01-12, 4:29 pm
Just something to keep on your radar.

The 2012 Bodybuilding.com NPC National Bodybuilding, Figure and Bikini Championships and Men’s & Women’s Physique Championships, is being held November 9-10 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (downtown - address: 265 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303).

Ticket Prices:
FINALS: $125 or $75 - All Seats Reserved
PREJUDGING: $50 - Men BB/Bikini/Women’s BB/Figure/Men’s & Women’s Physique - Open Seating

ATLMusclBro5
12-11-12, 5:28 pm
Sup everyone. I know we talked about getting together again before the end of 2012, but with just a few weeks left in the year, I'm not sure we can gather the troops on such short notice. So if that's the case, let's keep some dates in January 2013 on the radar.

How about the weekend of January 5-6 or the weekend of January 26-27, 2013?

The location will likely be Ironhouse in Smyrna unless we find another spot. The owner was very receptive to us training there last time.

Just something to keep in mind.

Bard of Rage
12-12-12, 7:33 am
Sup everyone. I know we talked about getting together again before the end of 2012, but with just a few weeks left in the year, I'm not sure we can gather the troops on such short notice. So if that's the case, let's keep some dates in January 2013 on the radar.

The location will likely be Ironhouse in Smyrna unless we find another spot. The owner was very receptive to us training there last time.

Later in the month would work better for me since I'll be coming home from my parents on the 5th/6th. I'm looking forward to a great workout.

Young1
01-04-13, 1:44 pm
End of January is cool with me. Count me in.

ATLMusclBro5
01-27-13, 8:31 pm
Sup everyone.

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. I was hoping we would get together by now, but my schedule has been a little crazy lately. I'm back in school and it looks like I'm gonna compete this year as well. Fun stuff.

I'll try to throw out some dates again and we can go from there.

Is anyone going to the Arnold Expo this year? It's February 28-March 3, 2013 if you're interested.

I've seen some good fares lately to Columbus from Atlanta on AirTran. Just not sure the fares encompass the dates of the expo. Anyway, if you're planning to make the journey to the Cage, let us know.

I hope everyone is having a good new year and off to a good start with their training and eating plans.

Stay hungry brothers. Let's grow!!

Slumberjack25
02-14-13, 9:11 pm
Sup guys? Haven't been on this site in a LLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time but thought I would drop in here since I'm in the Atlanta Area. Right now I'm dropping a bunch of weight so I can look good for my upcoming wedding but still lifting like a madman. Wouldn't definitely like to join up the next time there's a meet.

akeldama
03-03-13, 8:29 am
savannah reporting in!
(currently overseas)

Wetdawg
03-03-13, 10:37 am
After you all get back from the Arnold, I think its about time to Throw some Iron around again. How does late March on a Saturday look for you all?

Wetdawg
03-04-13, 5:28 am
savannah reporting in!
(currently overseas)

Stay safe over there BRO! See you when you get back.

Wetdawg
03-12-13, 3:25 pm
Ok being that Easter is at the end of March (Thats fast approaching) How about April 6th? Thats a Saturday. We can hit the same Gym we were at in Smyrna for our last meeting. Say 1000 AM, Workout until 11-12, then Lunch afterwards. What do you guys think?

Need a little time to set it up, so Chime in please.

Wetdawg
03-12-13, 3:27 pm
Date: 6 April 2013

Time: TBD

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Guest fee for the day is $6. Bring cash if you can to make it easier. Also bring a water bottle.

They have some old school equipment from the 80's. Fun using this stuff.

ATLMusclBro5
03-22-13, 2:15 pm
Wetdawg, thanks for throwing out some dates. I think we can rally the troops for this one. It's been a long time since we all got together.

ATLMusclBro5
03-22-13, 2:19 pm
2013 NPC Atlantic USA Bodybuilding/Fitness/Figure/Bikini/Physique
Saturday, March 23, 2013

Georgia Piedmont Technical College - Conference Center
495 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021

Prejudging begins at 10:00 am; Tickets: $27
Finals begin at 7:00 PM; Tickets: $37

Wetdawg
04-02-13, 6:54 am
Well it seems not many are checking the site now days. Lets shoot for the 27th of April. Thats a few more weeks for people to see the date.

Chime in people, lets do this!

Date: 27 April 2013

Time: 1100

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Wetdawg
04-23-13, 1:04 pm
Well no response as to April. Lets shoot for May. May 25th should give enough time for all to see. How bout it y'all?

Sl
04-30-13, 10:36 am
OK so it seems like everyone from the north are always getting together to train. Well im stuck down here in good ol' georgia and was wondering if anyone in the state or close would like to shedule a training session somewhere convenient for everyone, im not reall sure who all lives in GA that post on this forum, I only know of three right now. Me, Bam Bam and Metalash. If anyone is interested throw some ideas of a where and when and we'll try to get something going.

Just got approved today lookin to join a good group what area are y'all comin from I live in douglasville willing to drive anywhere within reason.