PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Animals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

TufffGuY
04-30-13, 12:25 pm
Just got approved today lookin to join a good group what area are y'all comin from I live in douglasville willing to drive anywhere within reason.

Were pretty much scattered all around metro atl and south GA. Thanks for joining and feel free to ask any questions.

Sl
04-30-13, 1:16 pm
Were pretty much scattered all around metro atl and south GA. Thanks for joining and feel free to ask any questions.

I work in Smyrna get off at 3 I live douglasville an close to hiram so if there's any meeting or workout section within those driving distance I would love to join in if that's no problem thanks.

ATLMusclBro5
05-01-13, 7:32 am
I work in Smyrna get off at 3 I live douglasville an close to hiram so if there's any meeting or workout section within those driving distance I would love to join in if that's no problem thanks.

Welcome aboard bro. We'll likely get together again at the end of May.

Sl
05-01-13, 8:34 am
Welcome aboard bro. We'll likely get together again at the end of May.

What times do y'all normally meet up an the location y'all meet

Wetdawg
05-01-13, 8:37 am
Date: 25 May 2013

Time: 1100

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080
Phone: (770) 354-6052
http://ironhouse.org/index.html

Chime in if you can make it.

Guest fee for the day is $6. Bring cash if you can to make it easier. Also bring a water bottle

Sl
05-01-13, 9:54 am

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Guest fee for the day is $6. Bring cash if you can to make it easier. Also bring a water bottle
Ill b there what does the meetings consist of so ill kno how hard to hit the weights earlier in the week

GUNS
05-01-13, 5:09 pm
Looking for help finding the best place to train in Columbus, Ga! I have a DE chest day Thursday and ME Squat day on Friday and need a decent place. Thanks Ahead.

Bard of Rage
05-02-13, 1:19 pm
Looking for help finding the best place to train in Columbus, Ga! I have a DE chest day Thursday and ME Squat day on Friday and need a decent place. Thanks Ahead.

Wish I could bud but I'm 2 hours east of Columbus, good luck man.

ATLMusclBro5
05-02-13, 3:32 pm
Ill b there what does the meetings consist of so ill kno how hard to hit the weights earlier in the week

We usually break into groups based on whatever bodypart the group decides to train. If only a few of us attend the session, we typically all train the same bodypart together. Clearly, since everyone is on a different schedule and routine, it helps to be flexible. Somebody usually walks around and gets pics and videos of the session and we try to get a group photo at the end. After the workout, we grab lunch somewhere nearby. Last time, we found a really good hole-in-the-wall BBQ spot. If we're lucky, the Corporate Office might send down some samples or a goodie bag for the session. I'm pretty sure we have some good stuff left over from earlier events.

ATLMusclBro5
05-02-13, 3:38 pm

A buddy of mine recommended Snap Fitness or Max Fitness. He said the Max Fitness used to be a Gold's Gym.

Sl
05-02-13, 3:43 pm
We usually break into groups based on whatever bodypart the group decides to train. If only a few of us attend the session, we typically all train the same bodypart together. Clearly, since everyone is on a different schedule and routine, it helps to be flexible. Somebody usually walks around and gets pics and videos of the session and we try to get a group photo at the end. After the workout, we grab lunch somewhere nearby. Last time, we found a really good hole-in-the-wall BBQ spot. If we're lucky, the Corporate Office might send down some samples or a goodie bag for the session. I'm pretty sure we have some good stuff left over from earlier events.
Sounds good bro ill c y'all there who do I ask for wen I arrive

GUNS
05-02-13, 4:56 pm
Wish I could bud but I'm 2 hours east of Columbus, good luck man.Thanks man.

A buddy of mine recommended Snap Fitness or Max Fitness. He said the Max Fitness used to be a Gold's Gym.
Thanks I will check it out. Im in town now watching my daughters college softball championships and can't miss a workout due to meet in 8 weeks.

Sl
05-04-13, 9:12 pm

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Who should I ask for wen I arrive at the gym

Wetdawg
05-05-13, 9:02 am
Who should I ask for wen I arrive at the gym

Just tell the guy there you are working out with the Animal Bar bell Club. He will hook you up. I should be there on the early side.

Sl
05-05-13, 9:26 am
Just tell the guy there you are working out with the Animal Bar bell Club. He will hook you up. I should be there on the early side.

Ok that a work thank u sir

Sl
05-15-13, 10:10 pm
Ok that a work thank u sir

The meetin on may 25th still on

Wetdawg
05-19-13, 7:50 am
The meetin on may 25th still on

Well I didn't realize that The 25th of May is part of a three day weekend for most. So many my be out of town.

Lets change it up to the 1st of June. I will be there for sure.

Same place same time.

Everyone enjoy the holiday.

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080

Sl
05-19-13, 10:27 am
Well I didn't realize that The 25th of May is part of a three day weekend for most. So many my be out of town.

Lets change it up to the 1st of June. I will be there for sure.

Same place same time.

Everyone enjoy the holiday.

2652-G South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, Ga 30080
Ok that a work buddy

Wetdawg
05-21-13, 8:43 am
Hopefully People will check this before then and it will be more than you and I

Sl
05-21-13, 9:36 am
Hopefully People will check this before then and it will be more than you and I

Lol true hopefully they will recieve it thru email if they have it sent up to receive notifications like I do

ATLMusclBro5
05-22-13, 1:46 pm
Next Saturday works better for me as well.

For some reason, I don't get all the recent posts to this forum (or any of the others I'm signed up for). I'll need to check my settings.

Wetdawg
05-26-13, 6:52 am
I contacted the Gym and let them know we were coming. Price is still $6 a person for the workout. See you all about 11:00.

Sl
05-26-13, 10:28 am
I contacted the Gym and let them know we were coming. Price is still $6 a person for the workout. See you all about 11:00.

That's for June 1 correct

Wetdawg
05-27-13, 5:38 am
That's for June 1 correct

You are Correct!

Sl
05-27-13, 10:38 am
You are Correct!

Aight bud c u there

ATLMusclBro5
05-29-13, 6:27 pm
Wetdawg--

Looks like 4 will be there so far: You, SI, Bard of Rage, and me.

Let's see if we can round up a few of the other bros.

Sl
05-29-13, 6:41 pm
Wetdawg--

Looks like 4 will be there so far: You, SI, Bard of Rage, and me.

Let's see if we can round up a few of the other bros.

Hey brother can I bring one my buddy's to the meetin wit me

Bard of Rage
05-30-13, 10:00 am
Hey brother can I bring one my buddy's to the meetin wit me

The more the merrier man, christ bring everyone ya know!

ATLMusclBro5
05-30-13, 10:02 am
The more the merrier man, christ bring everyone ya know!

Exactly. I'm trying to recruit a few bros as well.

Bard of Rage
05-30-13, 10:05 am
Personally I think we should just go to a Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, gym, or Academy and just shang hai people.

Wetdawg
06-02-13, 10:27 am
We had six member show up at the Ironhose Gym on Saturday. Threw some heavy weights for about 2 hours. We all went to a B-B-Q joint just around the corner and invaded thier space for lunch afterwards. I think everyone had a great time, I know I sweat my butt off (which I need to do).

Look for us to meet up again about the first Saturday in August. Clear your calenders now! See you all soon.

Sl
06-02-13, 10:39 am
We had six member show up at the Ironhose Gym on Saturday. Threw some heavy weights for about 2 hours. We all went to a B-B-Q joint just around the corner and invaded thier space for lunch afterwards. I think everyone had a great time, I know I sweat my butt off (which I need to do).

Look for us to meet up again about the first Saturday in August. Clear your calenders now! See you all soon.

Enjoyed it man this is SL we have confirmation bout using our gym American bodyworks on August 3 at 11am if y'all r wanting to have it there it's location on ridge road ill find the address an post if y'all want to have it there

Wetdawg
06-11-13, 5:34 am
Throw down that address. I am sure we can make it happen.

Give us the details-cost-special needs (water) and such.

I'm down for that day.

ATLMusclBro5
07-04-13, 12:31 pm
2013 NPC Georgia Bodybuilding Figure Bikini Physique Championships

Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sidney Marcus Auditorium
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, GA

Time: Prejudging begins at 9:35 am and the evening finals begin at 6:35 pm

Tickets: Prejudging - $25; Evening Finals - tickets begin at $25

Sl
07-10-13, 5:18 pm
Throw down that address. I am sure we can make it happen.

Give us the details-cost-special needs (water) and such.

I'm down for that day.

What's goin on buddy this Shane or SL I'm gunna double check to make sure we can still have the meetin at my gym I will post again soon

Wetdawg
07-16-13, 10:46 am
I will be good to go for the 3rd. Let us know.

Sl
07-24-13, 4:31 pm
I will be good to go for the 3rd. Let us know.
The address to my gym is 4336 ridge road douglasville ga 30134 start time be 11 an $8 a piece

Sl
07-24-13, 4:33 pm
The address to my gym is 4336 ridge road douglasville ga 30134 start time be 11 an $8 a piece
Is there any way we can have pass out packages

Wetdawg
07-28-13, 9:45 am
Is there any way we can have pass out packages

Whats this you speak of?

11am should be ok for me.

Sl
07-28-13, 10:29 am
Whats this you speak of?

11am should be ok for me.
The packages I speak of I read that normal y'all pass out sample packages for ppl to test

ATLMusclBro5
07-31-13, 5:53 pm
SL,

Send a message to G-Diesel at the corporate office to let him know about the next Georgia ABC meeting on Saturday. You can ask him if they will send a care package out to you.

I doubt I'll be able to attend the session on Saturday so hit it hard.

The packages I speak of I read that normal y'all pass out sample packages for ppl to test

Sl
07-31-13, 6:18 pm
SL,

Send a message to G-Diesel at the corporate office to let him know about the next Georgia ABC meeting on Saturday. You can ask him if they will send a care package out to you.

I doubt I'll be able to attend the session on Saturday so hit it hard.
Atlmusclbro5 u got to email address

ATLMusclBro5
08-01-13, 12:31 am
You should be able to send him a private message through the FORVM. Just find a thread where he's posted and click on his name. You'll see the option to send a private message.

Sl
08-01-13, 5:05 pm
You should be able to send him a private message through the FORVM. Just find a thread where he's posted and click on his name. You'll see the option to send a private message.
Sorry guys to inform everyone that I will not b able tools it Saturday had some stuff to come up have to handle we can schedule for a later date if interested still sorry for the late notice

officerTANK
08-20-13, 9:33 am
sup yal im in the good ol GA on the northern west side rigfht out of paulding county so if anyone wanting to train let me know willing to travel.

officerTANK
08-20-13, 9:42 am
im from georgia too i live in kennesaw what city are yall in?
heck ya man me to off dallas hwy. witch one in kennesaw.

Sl
08-20-13, 9:49 am
heck ya man me to off dallas hwy. witch one in kennesaw.

I'm n hiram where y'all lift at

officerTANK
08-20-13, 2:04 pm
I'm n hiram where y'all lift at
its called REQUIRED off acworth due west and kennesaw due west

Sl
08-20-13, 6:53 pm
its called REQUIRED off acworth due west and kennesaw due west

Sounds good gunna have to meet up an lets bust out a workout together

officerTANK
08-21-13, 9:38 am
Sounds good gunna have to meet up an lets bust out a workout together

Ya that sounds good just let me know I am on a 2 or 3 on 1 off for mass building just destroyed delts last night

Sl
08-21-13, 10:19 am
Ya that sounds good just let me know I am on a 2 or 3 on 1 off for mass building just destroyed delts last night

Sounds good we will get together one day ill post on here an c what b a good day an good times

Bard of Rage
09-06-13, 9:39 pm
How's life for you guys? Been a while since I checked in, any thoughts on an upcoming ABC?

ATLMusclBro5
01-16-14, 1:15 pm
Sup fellas. Just checking in here. Anyone still out there?

Bard of Rage
01-17-14, 1:59 pm
Still alive for the most part down in the Macon area, it has been really quite for the Georgia Animals for a long while hasn't it?

Biggie973
01-26-14, 4:15 pm
Hey GA animals bros & sisters, I'm coming to Atlanta soon, I was wondering if there are any hardcore gyms in Atlanta? Thanks

Wetdawg
02-05-14, 5:56 am
Still here!! Dodging injuries. We need to get together after this bad weather rolls by. I'm thinking April??

*as for Hard Core Gyms* I live in North Atlanta-Marietta. There are a few around here.

http://www.coffeesgym.org/

http://www.mariettabarbell.com/

http://ironhouse.org/ == we have done some ABC meets here==

Hope that helps!

Failsafe
02-06-14, 4:03 pm
Just joined the FORUM here. Recently moved to the area and looking for some people to lift with to take it to the next level.

GunRock
02-25-14, 6:52 pm
Let me know when you guys get the next ABC together. I train at home in my garage so I'd like to hit up the ABC events to get some feedback on technique. I live in Paulding County off of 61.

GunRock
03-02-14, 5:29 pm
http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/johngreavesIII/media/abcof2_zps8233c525.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Me and Uncle Boo from Tennessee hit a workout in my garage gym in Dallas, GA!

ATLMusclBro5
03-07-14, 1:48 pm
http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/johngreavesIII/media/abcof2_zps8233c525.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Me and Uncle Boo from Tennessee hit a workout in my garage gym in Dallas, GA!

Good stuff Gunrock. Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like you guys have all the equipment necessary for a solid session--especially the tire.

ATLMusclBro5
03-07-14, 2:00 pm
2014 Atlantic USA
Bodybuilding-Figure-Bikini & Physique Championships

Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014

Location: Georgia Piedmont Technical College - Conference Center
495 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021

Prejudging begins at 10:00 am
Finals begin at 7:30 pm

GunRock
03-13-14, 9:23 pm
Good stuff Gunrock. Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like you guys have all the equipment necessary for a solid session--especially the tire.

Yeah it was fun. I have basically what I need. Just got a local metal fabricator to make me an additional set of J Hooks so we can use the outside of the power rack for OHP if somebody's inside doing squats etc.

I enjoyed the National ABC and I'd like to get together with the Georgia Animals in the next two months. I compete in powerlifting for fun but I'd just like to train with some serious guys periodically.

ATLMusclBro5
04-05-14, 8:06 am
Sup everyone. Let's plan for April 26, 2014 to meet up. Three weeks should be enough time for folks to make plans and clear schedules. Looks like there are some new guys who have found the group so we need to make this one happen.

GunRock
04-15-14, 1:10 pm
Sup everyone. Let's plan for April 26, 2014 to meet up. Three weeks should be enough time for folks to make plans and clear schedules. Looks like there are some new guys who have found the group so we need to make this one happen.

where are we going to do this? Iron beast barbell in Gainesville is great but it might be a little far out for everyone.

Wetdawg
05-12-14, 11:46 am
Still time to get in a Saturday in May. I am free after the 30th. I can do Gainesville, if need be. Set it up and i will show.

There is also these in marietta

http://www.mariettabarbell.com

http://www.coffeesgym.org

Off on saturdays - Sunday not!

Let me know what you all think. Need to get this started back up and run with it.

GunRock
05-16-14, 5:40 pm
Still time to get in a Saturday in May. I am free after the 30th. I can do Gainesville, if need be. Set it up and i will show.

There is also these in marietta

http://www.mariettabarbell.com

http://www.coffeesgym.org

Off on saturdays - Sunday not!

Let me know what you all think. Need to get this started back up and run with it.

I'm down with it but looks like everybody else has lost interest. May 31 is fine with me. I like Iron Beast BB in Gainesville just cause it's got more room than Coffee's but Coffee's is closer so whatever everyone else wants is fine. I've never set one of these up before so I don't know the protocol.
Let me know if you know how to do it and want help.

Merican87
05-23-14, 9:50 am
Im down in Columbus, when/where do you guys normally meet?

Wetdawg
06-11-14, 6:45 am
Most of our meets have been near Atlanta. We have gone down to Macon before.

I think I need to set something up way in advance so people that drop in every month or so can see it.
Two of us showing up wont hack it.

I will set something up for August. That will give people time to see it and plan for it.

More to come!

Awsumsoss
07-11-14, 1:17 pm
Hey guys, new to the forum here and im really digging the idea of the ABCs. I'm in Lawrenceville, so pretty easy for me to get to most places you guys have mentioned for meet ups. I saw a few other guys in the gwinnett area too. Im ready to roll here.

GunRock
07-18-14, 4:49 am
Hey guys I know I don't post that often but I honestly love the Animal experience. I see that we've got some problems getting together, people's schedules et cetera so I'm going to try to be part of the solution.

Everyone in the Georgia ABC is invited to lift at my garage gym the last Saturday of every month. All I ask so that my wife doesn't put me to death is that you all let me know who all's coming ahead of time. Saturday is normally my deadlift day and I've usually just completed working 3 twelves in a row. But I say so what? I usually drink some Rage or Shock Therapy and lift anyway!

This month the last Saturday is the 26th and if everyone shows up, it would mean a great deal to me especially because I've got to have a second surgery to remove a lump from my right shin on July 31.

I've already got a guy coming down the 26th from Tennessee who's not familiar with the ABC so I think this would be a great way to show him the brotherhood we've got going on. He needs help with deadlifting so I'm going to teach him what I know and I hope anyone who shows up would do the same.

If you're interested, PM me for my address (so I can sort of filter out the randoms) and come on down. Be sure to wear your Animal shirt and we'll hit up the barbecue joint about 5 minutes drive down the road after.

I've got a Rogue Power Bar, A Castro Bar, a Dynabody Power rack, an adjustable bench a fairly light tire (if you feel like flipping or jumping onto it for some reason) dumbbells from 3-110lbs that's about it. Feel free to bring anything you want to use that's not on this list.

I'm adding pics to my Album now but here's the link to the Facebook page for my home gym in case anyone wants to see more pictures of my stuff. https://www.facebook.com/theironjourneygym?ref=hl

WamBam
08-13-14, 2:03 pm
I live in savannah, and so far it seems to be lonely on this end. Ive found quite a few people who seemingly enjoy powerlifting but nobody is wanting to get into something like this. I know I'm a pretty good ways from you guys but i could meet up maybe once a month or twice up there to sling weight around with you guys. Don't let georgia die out. Let me know whats going on, i would love an excuse to come to atlanta

YoungGun
08-16-14, 11:52 am
I live in GA as well

GunRock
08-18-14, 11:30 am
I've had a few guys contact me about getting together to train and my offer to lift at my gym is still open. It looks like September 27 will be the best day for us. That will help us out as well because I've got two lifters heading to the WUAP World's October 7-12 in Telfs, Austria. Then we've got three lifters getting ready for USAPL Georgia and Southern States in Norcross, GA on October 25-26.

As an alternative, we can try to hit Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville, GA. I know we've got a guy in Savannah and if you let me know early enough, I've got a contact with a local hotel chain to maybe get you a good rate.

Also, if anyone knows the current information for who I need to contact at Universal about setting up the ABC please shoot me a PM.

Thanks and I hope to see you guys on September 27.

If you missed it, here's the link to my gym's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theironjourneygym. Please give me a like if you feel led to.

GunRock
09-26-14, 7:26 pm
Looks like we'll be at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville, GA tomorrow at 9:30am. This is NOT an ABC at least not officially. Still going to wear our Animal t-shirts etc and eat afterward but I still don't have a connection to getting a banner or anything like that.

I'm training deadlift and two of my guys will be working up to their openers for WUAP World's.

Looking forward to meeting awsumsoss and anybody else that makes it out!

Iron sharpens Iron brothers.

GunRock
09-26-14, 8:43 pm
Just had a great email exchange with Failsafe. I'm starting to get encouraged about Georgia ABC! I really want to make this happen, my goal is for the Georgia Animals to know each other already when we get to the National ABC in March!

(Got to figure out how to embed pics so I can post shots of tomorrow's training...)

GunRock
09-27-14, 4:16 pm
So out of the blue Awsumsoss messaged me about getting together. I told him I was heading to Iron Beast Barbell today to train with two of my lifters who are going to Austria on October 4 to compete and he said he'd like to come and deadlift with me. Long story short we had a GREAT time! Plus I also had a chance to talk to the owner of Iron Beast Barbell and he's confirmed that we can have a Georgia ABC there on November 1. So I'll be sending PMs out once again to see if we can make this happen. Next time I want to have all of the Georgia Animals there and make this an official ABC! I'm going to contact Corporate to see about getting a banner and all of the other assorted items that would make this ABC meet up all it can be! Let's stop talking about it and get it done!!!

Here's a pic from today
http://instagram.com/p/tdlLefi7US/?modal=true

GunRock
10-02-14, 3:48 pm
Still waiting to hear from the rest of the Georgia Animals! The ABC is happening on Saturday November 1 at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville, GA! This is a true HARDCORE powerlifting, strongman and bodybuilding facility. The day awsumsoss, War Machine and I were there three guys were training for a powerlifting meet, two guys were doing Stone Lifting and a few others were doing some work on the rings and heavy bag. It wasn't crowded and looks like it has everything we'd need to have a great event.

PM me or reply here with the time that works for everyone that day!

ATLMusclBro5
10-10-14, 11:52 am
Sorry I've been out of the loop fellas. But it looks like Gunrock has a lot of legwork done for the next ABC. Just gotta keep the ball rolling. Looking forward to it.

Bard of Rage
10-14-14, 1:53 pm
November 1 sounds good, it'll be my first time coming to one of these in a good while and I'm looking forward to it. Though I won't be looking foward to the drive especially since that is the otherside of Atalnta and a good 150 miles from me.

GunRock
10-15-14, 12:38 am
Sorry I've been out of the loop fellas. But it looks like Gunrock has a lot of legwork done for the next ABC. Just gotta keep the ball rolling. Looking forward to it.

As I've said earlier, I made the contacts with Iron Beast Barbell and with CammaRhino from Corporate. But I want to make sure I don't leave any loose ends. Anybody who's helped set up an ABC in the past please PM me or shoot me an email at theironjourneygym@gmail.com.

I know we're supposed to get a banner and sign it then take it to the Cage at the Arnold. Is there anything else anybody can think of that we might need to do?

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I've got a meet coming up and so do two of my lifters so it should be a great time to get together and train with some like minded brothers!

Awsumsoss I definitely want to see you there!

GunRock
10-15-14, 10:15 am
Reposting something I saw from a 2007 post by naturalguy about bringing others to the ABC's
"
The ABC's are open to anyone who wants to take part in the events. In order to have a successful event we need accurate head counts before the event.

If you are bringing a friend/training partner/girlfriend/boyfriend, please have them sign up on the forum under their own screename/name and post in the appropriate thread for the event they want to attend.

One of the things about growing the ABC's is also growing our board here. We want quality individuals who contribute to the forum. By having your friends sign up here we grow as a community."

So with all of that being said, I encourage everyone to get their friends involved on here but also, I need a head count of everyone who's going to be there so I can get the care package sent out. It's a pretty sweet deal with all of the stuff Universal will provide but we need to let them know our numbers. Please answer up so I know who's going to be there!

Thanks!

Animal Rep
10-15-14, 10:30 am
Reposting something I saw from a 2007 post by naturalguy about bringing others to the ABC's
"
The ABC's are open to anyone who wants to take part in the events. In order to have a successful event we need accurate head counts before the event.

If you are bringing a friend/training partner/girlfriend/boyfriend, please have them sign up on the forum under their own screename/name and post in the appropriate thread for the event they want to attend.

One of the things about growing the ABC's is also growing our board here. We want quality individuals who contribute to the forum. By having your friends sign up here we grow as a community."

So with all of that being said, I encourage everyone to get their friends involved on here but also, I need a head count of everyone who's going to be there so I can get the care package sent out. It's a pretty sweet deal with all of the stuff Universal will provide but we need to let them know our numbers. Please answer up so I know who's going to be there!

Thanks!

Fellas, listen to Gunrock, the more people he and the others running this get the more we are able to contribute. These bros put a lot into getting this thing on so take advantage. These are the events that bring us together, its these events that are the heart of what made us what we are.

Failsafe
10-15-14, 12:35 pm
I am in Duluth but have already reached out to Gunrock. I can do whatever, whenever. Just let me know when and where!

Uncle Boo
10-16-14, 9:10 am
"

Thanks!

I'll be there and u can drive

GunRock
10-16-14, 9:43 pm
This is the list of guys who have either responded in this thread or told me directly that they will be there:

Gunrock
Uncle Boo
Awsumsoss
War Machine
ATLMuscleBro5
Bard of Rage

Still waiting to here from WamBam. I also reached out to some of the older Georgia Animals, still waiting to hear from MetalAsh12, Merican87, Young BB, Iverson3030, Bam Bam, ANTDOGG, TufffGUY, Young1 and WetDawg.

This is what the Georgia ABC used to be. http://s218.photobucket.com/user/metalash12/media/l_85ed0f3f720c1309409a1f78cf06007a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=37

Let's get it back!!!

War Machine
10-17-14, 7:37 am
"

Thanks!

You know I'll be there! What are we training?

GunRock
10-17-14, 7:07 pm
I'm going to be deadlifting that day. I'll be about six weeks out from the Body By George Mini Meet in Loganville so that's my focus for the day. But once my deadlifting is done, I'm open to whatever.

Is everyone cool with legs/back or do we want to do something different?

GunRock
10-17-14, 7:47 pm
Trying to get the word out about what the ABC's are all about so here's the text I posted on Iron Beast's FB page. I shamelessly stole most of this from a post G Diesel put on BB.com.

I encourage everyone to spread the word on FB about this event. We grow big enough and we'll get more from corporate and probably even pros like Sam Byrd to drive down from TN!

Here's my post:
The ABC is a national movement working on a region by region level. Thus far, chapter meetings have taken place in several countries worldwide including Iraq and Afghanistan! The culmination is the National ABC where all of the Animal Chapters come together at The Cage during the Arnold Classic and then for an Animal only training session at Metro Gym in Columbus. http://youtu.be/nA1k95TCr_8?list=UUpdqwOGsGSuI50cQ76kUEnA

At the core of the ABC is the desire of like minded, hard training individuals who live the lifestyle and love the Animal brand to gather to train, eat and talk shop. As we all know, with the growth of corporate gyms and pretty fitness centers, guys like us are a dying breed, quickly becoming an endangered species.

ABC gatherings are held at basic, serious, no-nonsense gyms and are organized by a regional coordinator that has taken the initiative to start his own chapter. These chapters are supported by The U with samples, banners, t-shirts, etc and will have special status at The Cage at future Arnold Classics.

For all interested that are seeking further info, check it all out here: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php...

All that are serious about training are welcome. Feel free to spread the word and bring a friend.

teperry46
10-20-14, 1:11 am
Just starting getting into the forum, and saw this thread. Im a georgia boy myself, although born in south carolina. I live up in woodstock, but currently attend Georgia southern university down here in good ole statesboro. just thought Id try and get involved in this thread in case anything is going on around me, or when im back at home. Preciate it guys

GunRock
10-20-14, 9:20 am
Just starting getting into the forum, and saw this thread. Im a georgia boy myself, although born in south carolina. I live up in woodstock, but currently attend Georgia southern university down here in good ole statesboro. just thought Id try and get involved in this thread in case anything is going on around me, or when im back at home. Preciate it guys

Welcome to the Forvm teperry46! We have a Georgia ABC meet up scheduled for November 1 at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville. That's about 4 hours away from Georgia Southern but you're welcome to come train and eat with us that day! Just look in the previous entries in the thread for more details or PM me for more info.

Gunrock

Animal Rep
10-20-14, 11:44 am
We are getting in on the fun here boys. There will be some stuff you cant get anywhere else available at this event, sent from us, because your guys, and these events, are what keep our boots on the ground. I really hope you guys get a lot of pics from this ABC love seeing the bros in action.

GunRock
10-20-14, 11:56 am
We are getting in on the fun here boys. There will be some stuff you cant get anywhere else available at this event, sent from us, because your guys, and these events, are what keep our boots on the ground. I really hope you guys get a lot of pics from this ABC love seeing the bros in action.

I hope everyone saw this post. I need everybody who is DEFINITELY COMING and hasn't answered up yet to me by email, PM or Forvm post to DO SO NOW!!! I'm shooting an email to corporate to get the t-shirts and other goodies. Plus one more thing I'm going to keep under my hat until it's definite.

Regardless, answer up to me so I can get a T-shirt size for you!

LET'S GO!!!

Failsafe
10-20-14, 2:46 pm
If you didn't get my PM or chat from earlier, I am definitely down for coming on Nov 1st. What time are we meeting?

GunRock
10-20-14, 2:53 pm
If you didn't get my PM or chat from earlier, I am definitely down for coming on Nov 1st. What time are we meeting?

I did get it but I need your t shirt size Bro. Corporate is sending us some shirts. I shot you a chat message about it too. Send it to me or I'll order you an XMedium lol!

Also need somebody to put together a flyer and post it on Instagram this week so more of the GA Animals see it.

Failsafe
10-20-14, 4:03 pm
I did get it but I need your t shirt size Bro. Corporate is sending us some shirts. I shot you a chat message about it too. Send it to me or I'll order you an XMedium lol!

Also need somebody to put together a flyer and post it on Instagram this week so more of the GA Animals see it.

Can we use the one that naturalguy threw out there on this thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?26108-The-ABC-Logo-Your-Ideas/page7

GunRock
10-20-14, 5:55 pm
Flyer looks good Failsafe! Check out the Georgia ABC event on the calendar!

http://forum.animalpak.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=608&day=2014-11-1&c=1

GunRock
10-20-14, 6:21 pm
a little blurry but I posted a comment with details.
http://instagram.com/p/uZB4bZC7We/?modal=true

Failsafe
10-20-14, 9:18 pm
Flyer looks good Failsafe! Check out the Georgia ABC event on the calendar!

http://forum.animalpak.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=608&day=2014-11-1&c=1

Just to give props where props are due, naturalguy actually came up with the logo for another ABC event and I just changed the location info. So thanks goes to him. I did try to reach out to him via pm but his mailbox is full.

So thanks to naturalguy for a great template.

Awsumsoss
10-20-14, 10:54 pm
I was at the last meetup end of september and it was a blast. Iron Beast is a great place and I cant wait for this next one. Count me in fellas.

GunRock
10-21-14, 7:02 pm
Just so everyone's clear on the details of the upcoming ABC here's the info:

Date: November 1, 2014
Time: 10AM-12N
Location: Iron Beast Barbell 622-k Shallowford Rd, Gainesville, GA http://www.ironbeastbarbell.com
Cost to train: $5
Post Workout Meal: Location TBD but will probably be a buffet or BBQ place

One housekeeping note: Animal T-shirts MUST be worn! If you don't have one, wear a plain black shirt but definitely no shirts with other companies logos etc. (I say this because we are likely to get some people who are new to the Animal family and they may not know this.)
Come out and train hard!!!

Please bump this thread to keep this information in front of everyone. Also the details are on the 24/7 365 calendar.

Boombostic
10-24-14, 9:14 am
You know I'll be there! What are we training?

I'm working squats, who else is with me?

Bard of Rage
10-24-14, 11:10 am
I've been putting out that there will be an ABC coming up on a couple of the Facebook groups I'm in, if I get any positive responses I'll make sure to inform y'all.

ATLMusclBro5
10-24-14, 7:16 pm
Just so everyone's clear on the details of the upcoming ABC here's the info:

Location: Iron Beast Barbell 622-k Shallowford Rd, Gainesville, GA http://www.ironbeastbarbell.com

One housekeeping note: Animal T-shirts MUST be worn! If you don't have one, wear a plain black shirt but definitely no shirts with other companies logos etc. (I say this because we are likely to get some people who are new to the Animal family and they may not know this.)

Please bump this thread to keep this information in front of everyone. Also the details are on the 24/7 365 calendar.

Looking forward to next weekend brothers.

GunRock
10-24-14, 7:46 pm
[QUOTE=ATLMusclBro5;1391582]Looking forward to next weekend brothers.[/QUOTE

Marcel, the owner of Iron Beast, contacted me today to let me know that the care package from corporate arrived. Says it's full of a bunch of stuff they sent out for us including some samples of Juiced Aminos.

Next weekend can't come soon enough!

I'll be there around 9AM probably to hang the banner and any other last minute housekeeping stuff. We've got some cool choices narrowed down for the after workout meal, probably a BBQ joint as suggested by ATLMusclBro5 (unless you all want to hit an Asian buffet).

I'm looking forward to the motivation as I hit my last training session before beginning meet prep for the Body By George SPF meet in Loganville!

GunRock
10-24-14, 7:47 pm
I've been putting out that there will be an ABC coming up on a couple of the Facebook groups I'm in, if I get any positive responses I'll make sure to inform y'all.

Outstanding! That's how we're going to grow this chapter!

GunRock
10-24-14, 7:50 pm
I'm working squats, who else is with me?

Remind me to introduce you to somebody who can help you with your squat form. You know I don't have an ego about this sort of thing, I want my lifters to be successful and the more you guys learn from others outside of The Iron Journey the more everyone in our gym can teach each other!

Bard of Rage
10-24-14, 11:17 pm
If you want a solid work out for legs I'm gonna be doing this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10174954_10152461900909576_5800682684303635916_n.j pg?oh=132a09e33a580eda3ba5f1e67ae3766d&oe=54F60268&__gda__=1421022621_33d07ad049273eac90af30a0374fd19 3

Bryan Barth, one of the trainers in one of those groups I was talking about, put this up as a challenge for people to try.

GunRock
10-25-14, 3:59 am

Please bump this thread to keep this information in front of everyone. Also the details are on the 24/7 365 calendar.[/QUOTE]

GunRock
10-31-14, 7:17 pm
[QUOTE=Gunrock;1391611]Date: November 1, 2014
Post Workout Meal: Probably Stevie B's Buffet unless we call an audible the day of the ABC!

I'm going to try to be there early but if anyone has any problems finding the place just call me 6788995609! If you call after 10 I might be lifting already but I'll keep the phone on in case we get stragglers. Just leave a message and I'll call you back ASAP. If you just need directions contact the gym at (770)503-0930.

Failsafe
11-01-14, 6:06 pm
What a perfect day! Such an amazing turnout and an incredibly positive and uplifting experience. The brotherhood that is forged in the trenches of iron are not quick to bend and I look forward to the continuing friendships that started today.

Many thanks to Gunrock who organized the event, to Animal who provided the opportunity for us to come together, to Marcel and his team at Iron Beast Barbell in Gainesville for not only playing host but also providing many pointers and tips to us newer folks and to all those who make the Georgia Animals who we are. God bless every single one of you!

Can't wait for the next one!

GunRock
11-02-14, 7:49 am
Saturday was a great first step on the road to rebuilding The Georgia ABC! We had a great time lifting and learned a lot from some great World Champion lifters AND each other! I've been trying to get some of these guys like world record holders Tim Moon and Eric Head into the Animal family since I met them. The only thing I was missing was a visual about what Animal Brotherhood REALLY meant.
Saturday we had 12 Animals from all over Georgia and as far away as Chattanooga, TN. We gelled quickly and started training as if we had known each other for years rather than just meeting that morning. Four guys got PRS in squat and deadlift, two others set rep PRs. We had enough to have two different squat stations, the deadlift platform crew and uncle boo from Chattanooga getting ready for his first strongman competition. The highlight for me was at the end when we all got behind our brother for his heaviest squat in three years sunce leaving the gym while battling depression.
The lifters, staff and ownership of Iron Beast Barbell got to see firsthand the camaraderie I have been telling them about. We showed them Animal. Thanks for having my back Brothers!!!
I got feedback from everyone there and I have already started prepping for the next one which looks like January. Between now and then you guys are welcome to come up to train with me. Cost to train for a day is you have to do community service within the month you train, verified with photos.
Speaking of photos, Boombostic is a professional photographer. She took 325 photos and will be posting the bedt ones up by Tuesday in the gallery. Meantime check out these on Instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/u3t3LFi7RA/
http://instagram.com/p/u3wR27C7WY/
http://instagram.com/p/u4L1AzGHOS/
http://instagram.com/p/u3C-1EHg9i/

Uncle Boo
11-02-14, 6:29 pm
Saturday was a great first step on the road to rebuilding The Georgia ABC! We had a great time lifting and learned a lot from some great World Champion lifters AND each other! I've been trying to get some of these guys like world record holders Tim Moon and Eric Head into the Animal family since I met them. The only thing I was missing was a visual about what Animal Brotherhood REALLY meant.
Saturday we had 12 Animals from all over Georgia and as far away as Chattanooga, TN. We gelled quickly and started training as if we had known each other for years rather than just meeting that morning. Four guys got PRS in squat and deadlift, two others set rep PRs. We had enough to have two different squat stations, the deadlift platform crew and uncle boo from Chattanooga getting ready for his first strongman competition. The highlight for me was at the end when we all got behind our brother for his heaviest squat in three years sunce leaving the gym while battling depression.
The lifters, staff and ownership of Iron Beast Barbell got to see firsthand the camaraderie I have been telling them about. We showed them Animal. Thanks for having my back Brothers!!!
I got feedback from everyone there and I have already started prepping for the next one which looks like January. Between now and then you guys are welcome to come up to train with me. Cost to train for a day is you have to do community service within the month you train, verified with photos.
Speaking of photos, Boombostic is a professional photographer. She took 325 photos and will be posting the bedt ones up by Tuesday in the gallery. Meantime check out these on Instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/u3t3LFi7RA/
http://instagram.com/p/u3wR27C7WY/
http://instagram.com/p/u4L1AzGHOS/
http://instagram.com/p/u3C-1EHg9i/

I had a real good time meeting other brothers and sisters learned a lot from the local strong man at iron beast barbell can't wait until the next one or maybe even having one of my own up here in Tennessee I'll keep you posted by the way good job baby bro

GunRock
11-02-14, 7:11 pm
I had a real good time meeting other brothers and sisters learned a lot from the local strong man at iron beast barbell can't wait until the next one or maybe even having one of my own up here in Tennessee I'll keep you posted by the way good job baby bro
More pics of the ABC:
http://instagram.com/p/u6pmpqmHIX/

ATLMusclBro5
11-04-14, 8:17 am
Reading through the last few posts gives me chills. Sometimes I forget what people have to fight through just to keep moving forward. Thanks for sharing your war stories...even the ones that are still being written. One way or another, we will all finish together.

GunRock
11-04-14, 8:59 pm
Pics of everyone

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.743942218993556.1073741864.123495907704860&type=1

GunRock
11-04-14, 11:54 pm

Now that we've had a few days to recover, I want to get the ball rolling on planning for the next ABC meet up here in Georgia. After talking to some of the Georgia ABC veterans it seems like meeting too frequently was one of the things that caused attendance to fall off. With that being said, I'd like to meet up one more time before we all head to the National ABC at The Cage. I'm also working around my sons' wrestling seasons so I need plenty of lead time to make this work.

So to help me with planning etc. I need answers to the following questions:

1. Is January good with everyone? I tried to pick a month that didn't have a lot of competitions in Georgia.

2. Do we want to try having it at Iron Beast Barbell again? I love going to that place but I want it to be somewhere that works for everyone.I know we've got some guys coming from Warner Robins, Savannah and Augusta as well as metro Atlanta.
ATLMusclBro5 mentioned Marietta Barbell in Marietta, GA and I've heard some good stuff about North Georgia Barbell in Kennesaw. I've not been to either of these places and I'm willing to put out feelers with each of them. Bottom line, the gym has to be somewhere that shows love to the ABC. Also if any of the Georgia Animals know of a gym near them that would work let me know and we can see about contacting them to see how receptive they'd be to us coming down.

3. What would you all do differently the second time around? For one, if we have it in Gainesville, I am not going back to Stevie B's. I think we'll do better with a different place and I'll head down there sometime between now and then to scout eating locations. (ROAD TRIP!!!)

Thanks Brothers.

Failsafe
11-05-14, 9:32 am
Reading through the last few posts gives me chills. Sometimes I forget what people have to fight through just to keep moving forward. Thanks for sharing your war stories...even the ones that are still being written. One way or another, we will all finish together.

Well said, brother...well said

Ironworker
11-05-14, 12:53 pm
Pics of everyone

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.743942218993556.1073741864.123495907704860&type=1

Great photos. Looks like an awesome crew

Failsafe
11-05-14, 1:37 pm
Now that we've had a few days to recover, I want to get the ball rolling on planning for the next ABC meet up here in Georgia. After talking to some of the Georgia ABC veterans it seems like meeting too frequently was one of the things that caused attendance to fall off. With that being said, I'd like to meet up one more time before we all head to the National ABC at The Cage. I'm also working around my sons' wrestling seasons so I need plenty of lead time to make this work.

So to help me with planning etc. I need answers to the following questions:

1. Is January good with everyone? I tried to pick a month that didn't have a lot of competitions in Georgia.

2. Do we want to try having it at Iron Beast Barbell again? I love going to that place but I want it to be somewhere that works for everyone.I know we've got some guys coming from Warner Robins, Savannah and Augusta as well as metro Atlanta.
ATLMusclBro5 mentioned Marietta Barbell in Marietta, GA and I've heard some good stuff about North Georgia Barbell in Kennesaw. I've not been to either of these places and I'm willing to put out feelers with each of them. Bottom line, the gym has to be somewhere that shows love to the ABC. Also if any of the Georgia Animals know of a gym near them that would work let me know and we can see about contacting them to see how receptive they'd be to us coming down.

3. What would you all do differently the second time around? For one, if we have it in Gainesville, I am not going back to Stevie B's. I think we'll do better with a different place and I'll head down there sometime between now and then to scout eating locations. (ROAD TRIP!!!)

Thanks Brothers.

1. January works for me; coming off of a holiday will be a good starting point to getting ourselves back on track. If we can start strong in Jan, then we can carry that motivation through the rest of the year.

2. Personally speaking, we are good for traveling pretty much anywhere. Iron Beast was a great environment with this great built in knowledge base. I have to say that I learned more there in 3 hours than I had in the past year. I think you are right though, that if we do venture out (which I am for) then it needs to be an environment that is conducive to supporting and growing the ABC. I know that there is a Quest Athletics here in Duluth that I stopped by once and Josh Rohr (http://www.teamrohr.com/) actually runs his business out of that gym. From talking to him in the past I know that he was a very big fan of The Cage.

3. Honestly, my only thought was the 'after party' so to speak; it would have been cool obviously to have everyone at one big table to keep the vibe alive after leaving the gym. Other than that I think it was pulled off perfectly!

Uncle Boo
11-05-14, 3:23 pm
1. January works for me; coming off of a holiday will be a good starting point to getting ourselves back on track. If we can start strong in Jan, then we can carry that motivation through the rest of the year.

2. Personally speaking, we are good for traveling pretty much anywhere. Iron Beast was a great environment with this great built in knowledge base. I have to say that I learned more there in 3 hours than I had in the past year. I think you are right though, that if we do venture out (which I am for) then it needs to be an environment that is conducive to supporting and growing the ABC. I know that there is a Quest Athletics here in Duluth that I stopped by once and Josh Rohr (http://www.teamrohr.com/) actually runs his business out of that gym. From talking to him in the past I know that he was a very big fan of The Cage.

3. Honestly, my only thought was the 'after party' so to speak; it would have been cool obviously to have everyone at one big table to keep the vibe alive after leaving the gym. Other than that I think it was pulled off perfectly!
I agree with everything falesafe said and don't want to go to Steven's ever. that being said everything else works for me

GunRock
11-13-14, 8:08 pm
Just confirmed with Iron Beast Barbell we are a go for Saturday, January 3. We're going to be working hard between now and then to make it better than the last go around.

Details so far:

Georgia Animal Barbell Club
Date: Saturday, January 3 10AM-12N
Location: Iron Beast Barbell, 622k Shallowford Rd, Gainesville, GA
Post Training Meal: Either Cheddar's Restaurant or 2 Dog Café

For those who didn't make the last meet up, we had a BALL and I personally learned a lot and hit a new deadlift rep PR. For those of us equipped with Facebook you can check out the pics from that day here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.743942218993556.1073741864.123495907704860&type=1

I'm going to get the January meet up put on the Calendar as soon as possible.
This will be our final opportunity to train together before making the trek to Columbus for The Cage. Let's make it count!!!

Any questions PM me or shoot me an email at theironjourneygym@gmail.com

ATLMusclBro5
11-14-14, 1:06 pm
Just confirmed with Iron Beast Barbell we are a go for Saturday, January 3. We're going to be working hard between now and then to make it better than the last go around.

Details so far:

For those who didn't make the last meet up, we had a BALL and I personally learned a lot and hit a new deadlift rep PR. For those of us equipped with Facebook you can check out the pics from that day here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.743942218993556.1073741864.123495907704860&type=1

This will be our final opportunity to train together before making the trek to Columbus for The Cage. Let's make it count!!!

Looking forward to it.

GunRock
11-14-14, 11:30 pm
Just started a new thread where I'll be posting my random thoughts. Feel free to leave feedback there. ATLMusclBro5 I had to steal part of your Forvm sig for my first post. Check it out:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43309-This-Iron-Journey&p=1393560

GunRock
11-30-14, 9:39 pm
We are all set to eat at Cheddars Restaurant in Gainesville after the ABC.
Can't wait!!!

Uncle Boo
12-02-14, 7:53 am

Details so far:

Ya uncle will be there

GunRock
12-10-14, 9:58 pm
Once again, I need a head count for the January 3 ABC. Iron Beast has been good enough to let us start the New Year's off at their gym and I want to make sure that we have a good turnout. Last time was great so please answer up yes or no if you're planning on coming.

Right now I have verbal or email confirmation from boombostic, War Machine, Uncle Boo and ATLMusclBro5.

Please spread the word and let everyone know so we can get an accurate head count!

Thanks!

Failsafe
12-11-14, 10:35 am
I'm in.

GunRock
12-11-14, 8:42 pm
Confirmed attendees:
ATLMusclBro5
FailSafe
UncleBoo56
theboombostic (she told me at Waffle House after weigh ins last week)
War Machine
Manrichia

Get the word out cause we'll be having a lot of fun that day! I need to work on either Squats or Benching that day so I'm definitely amped up for it! After Christmas and New Year's is normally a huge letdown so this is a welcome change for me!

Lift, Take Pictures, Eat (that should be a lifestyle motto)

Boombostic
12-15-14, 10:13 am
Confirmed attendees:
ATLMusclBro5
FailSafe
UncleBoo56
theboombostic (she told me at Waffle House after weigh ins last week)
War Machine
Manrichia

Get the word out cause we'll be having a lot of fun that day! I need to work on either Squats or Benching that day so I'm definitely amped up for it! After Christmas and New Year's is normally a huge letdown so this is a welcome change for me!

Lift, Take Pictures, Eat (that should be a lifestyle motto)

I told you and now I confirmed you- this girl is in! I will most likely be working bench that day as seeing after my last meet its the area that needs the most improvement.

GunRock
12-18-14, 4:40 am
I told you and now I confirmed you- this girl is in! I will most likely be working bench that day as seeing after my last meet its the area that needs the most improvement.

I think that's a sound decision. We need to find out what everybody else wants to train, safe bet that somebody's going to squat, somebody's going to deadlift and somebody's going to bench. I'm torn between squat and bench. Deadlift is tempting but that's my best lift right now and I want to work what I suck at.

Might do some strongman stuff as well like I did last time.

Awsumsoss
12-28-14, 4:13 pm
Im gonna be there, also pretty sure one of my lifting buddies is gonna come with. Ill probably be hitting up some squats

GunRock
12-30-14, 8:16 pm
Hope everyone has a great New Year! I look forward to seeing you all again next year! If anyone has any problems between now and the ABC (signing up for the Forvm, need details about time/date etc. want to tell me I'm the man etc...) you can reach me at 6788995609 or email me at theironjourneygym@gmail.com. I can also be reached on Facebook or Instagram on the iron journey pages. Or you could just PM me.

If you've got anyone who wants to come see what this is all about, go ahead and bring them but we need to get them signed up. I'll be at the gym at 9am so we can try to get anyone signed up who's not already. I know a few people have had problems getting onto the Forum but CammaRhino has been trying to get all of that resolved.

Let's get the New Year's started right!!!

Event Details:
Date Saturday, January 3, 2015
Time: 10am-12N followed IMMEDIATELY by a post workout meal at Cheddar's Cafe. Apparently the ribs fall off the bone there. Here's the menu. http://www.cheddars.com/menus/tier1-186381/ Location: Iron Beast Barbell, 622k Shallowford Rd, Gainesville, GA/Cheddar's Café 1195 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA
Cost: $8 drop in fee to train/about $20 per person to eat.

Anything you feel I need to address between now and then please give me a shout.

GunRock
12-31-14, 5:54 pm
A guy I've been trying to connect with since we stopped attending the same church contacted me this morning about the ABC. He registered within twenty minutes of our conversation and will be there on Saturday. That's motivating and it's exactly how we grow! Welcome to the Forvm Randy Olson!!!

Event Details:
Date Saturday, January 3, 2015
Time: 10am-12N followed IMMEDIATELY by a post workout meal at Cheddar's Cafe. Apparently the ribs fall off the bone there. Here's the menu. http://www.cheddars.com/menus/tier1-186381/ Location: Iron Beast Barbell, 622k Shallowford Rd, Gainesville, GA/Cheddar's Café 1195 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA
Cost: $8 drop in fee to train/about $20 per person to eat.

Anything you feel I need to address between now and then please give me a shout.[/QUOTE]

RandymOlson
01-02-15, 2:42 pm
Hey Gunrock,
So excited to be joining you Saturday!

GunRock
01-02-15, 7:46 pm
Hey Gunrock,
So excited to be joining you Saturday!

Brother, you've been living the Animal lifestyle for a few years now. I'm just glad that you contacted me about becoming a bigger part of the Animal Brotherhood.

ATLMusclBro5
01-03-15, 8:22 am
Hey everyone. I can't make it out today. I will get in a leg workout at some point today though and wear my Animal gear to represent. Lift heavy, eat big, and have fun.

GunRock
01-03-15, 12:57 pm
Thanks to everyone who came out. From the new members like Randy Olson to returning brothers like Awsumsoss. A big thank you to Universal Athlete Leanna Carr for coming through and giving us a bunch of helpful tips. Pictures to follow!

GunRock
01-04-15, 2:46 am
Thanks to everyone who came out. From the new members like Randy Olson to returning brothers like Awsumsoss. A big thank you to Universal Athlete Leanna Carr for coming through and giving us a bunch of helpful tips. Pictures to follow!

Sorry you didn't get to train with us. I had no idea that you had signed up and were awaiting confirmation. I'm glad you stopped me to ask me questions though. I like your idea of doing some anti drug work. Be great to give guys a positive outlet to replace their addiction (or maybe replace one addiction with a better one?)

Welcome to the Animal Family!!!

RandymOlson
01-04-15, 3:17 pm
Great to meet all the new faces Saturday. Although it was a scheduled rest dat squatting for 2 hours was awesome! Look forward to meeting up the next time!

teperry46
01-04-15, 5:49 pm

ok Im very upset I didnt get to meet Leanna, I may have a little secret crush on her...one day Ill make it out.

GunRock
01-05-15, 1:46 am
Great to meet all the new faces Saturday. Although it was a scheduled rest dat squatting for 2 hours was awesome! Look forward to meeting up the next time!

My only regret is that we had mostly people who are new to The Forvm there. Only awsumsoss, uncleboo56, boombostic and I had been on The Forvm before Saturday. I am committed to making sure that the new members are reasonably active on here between now and the next meet up. We need to do a better job of bringing these new members into the Animal family!!! Next event is the The Cage 2015!!!

GunRock
01-05-15, 9:26 pm
Thought provoking words from this thread. http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?16667-ABCs-Are-More-Than-Just-Liftin-amp-Eatin

Awsumsoss
01-05-15, 9:49 pm
i cant view that link, it says my account may not have permissions or the post was deleted?

RandymOlson
01-06-15, 8:33 am
Link says:

, ya don't have permission to go here.

You may need a special invite.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
One of the Watchmen may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

GunRock
01-07-15, 10:20 pm
This is apparently a thread that only ABC Coordinators can see.

Here's one of the posts in the thread that I wanted you all to see.

"To me, what are they about? Community... Sharing the iron and a meal with like minded people. ABCs are taking off, no doubt about it. For the record, what I like seeing is not just the event organizing in each ABC Chapter thread. It's people just coming together to talk shop or even shoot the breeze. So let's treat each respective ABC Chapter Thread as home. Use the threads, not just to organize ABC events, but to build bridges and relationships. Think of 'em as clubhouses... " -Universal Rep

"Great points. The relationships/connections that I've made through the ABC's have been great. Quality people that feel like brothers and sisters to me now. " -naturalguy

If you want an example of a Chapter that's doing what I'd love to see Georgia doing, check out the Columbus, OH Animals thread here:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?11462-Columbus-OH-Animals&p=1398067#post1398067

I know we can make this happen. Let's start making plans for The Cage and The National ABC!

Dan Green is the only Animal athlete I know of who's going to be in The Cage but Leanna Carr said she's competing in a USAPL meet at The Arnold.

Failsafe
01-08-15, 10:08 am
This is apparently a thread that only ABC Coordinators can see.

Here's one of the posts in the thread that I wanted you all to see.

"To me, what are they about? Community... Sharing the iron and a meal with like minded people. ABCs are taking off, no doubt about it. For the record, what I like seeing is not just the event organizing in each ABC Chapter thread. It's people just coming together to talk shop or even shoot the breeze. So let's treat each respective ABC Chapter Thread as home. Use the threads, not just to organize ABC events, but to build bridges and relationships. Think of 'em as clubhouses... " -Universal Rep

"Great points. The relationships/connections that I've made through the ABC's have been great. Quality people that feel like brothers and sisters to me now. " -naturalguy

If you want an example of a Chapter that's doing what I'd love to see Georgia doing, check out the Columbus, OH Animals thread here:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?11462-Columbus-OH-Animals&p=1398067#post1398067

I know we can make this happen. Let's start making plans for The Cage and The National ABC!

Dan Green is the only Animal athlete I know of who's going to be in The Cage but Leanna Carr said she's competing in a USAPL meet at The Arnold.

I can definitely see the growth of the GA chapter taking off like this. Also, there are some good points listed above. To me, the ABC is really about fellowship with like minded individuals. As someone that works exclusively from home, getting this kind of time to interact and engage socially is as equally important as the thing that brings us all there. Being a bit of a social introvert, my GA ABC family is a place where I can just strip out all of the garbage that may plague my life on a day to day basis and really hit on the foundations of what makes events like this important.

GunRock
01-08-15, 8:14 pm
I can definitely see the growth of the GA chapter taking off like this. Also, there are some good points listed above. To me, the ABC is really about fellowship with like minded individuals. As someone that works exclusively from home, getting this kind of time to interact and engage socially is as equally important as the thing that brings us all there. Being a bit of a social introvert, my GA ABC family is a place where I can just strip out all of the garbage that may plague my life on a day to day basis and really hit on the foundations of what makes events like this important.

RandyMOlson and I both train at home. Sure there are more of us Garage Animals out there. (I think I just found my new hashtag).

GunRock
01-08-15, 8:55 pm
I'm putting out a challenge to everyone to become more active in our chapter. No more lurking, no showing up at events just to get a shirt but nobody hears from you for 30 60 or 90 days. We need to post on here, answer questions from the new guys, if you see somebody who's from Georgia who isn't a chapter member, reach out to them; invite them to join the chapter.

I need to know if you all have Journeys on here. Please reply with the link to your Journey so the rest of the chapter can follow your training.

I'm personally about to start a different style of training for the next three weeks along with the 1% Krew from Iron Beast Barbell. I'll post my training in my Journey for you all to see and admire and/or laugh at.

Here's my Journey link and it's in my signature if you ever need it again. http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43026-Gunrock-s-Iron-Journey&p=1398217#post1398217

I'd also like for us to start following each other on Instagram/Facebook etc. basically get involved in each other's lives. Mine is: @theironjourneygym

We need to be there for each other all of the time the way we were for Bard of Rage at the November meet up. When deanna7272 lost her dad, the members of her chapter were all in with condolences. Something deanna7272 PM'd me when I messaged her on the anniversary of her dad's death was that this Forvm has become a surrogate family as she's lost some family members and had to let go of some of the negative people from her life.

That's Animal. We joined it. Time to live it.

Boombostic
01-09-15, 12:10 am

Solid truth there. I've been a lurker and have made excuses. 2015 has a new motto for me " be intentional= just do it,no excuses" I've began applying that to all areas of life, and thus the Forum is no excuse. So here is my IG= theboom_bostic . You can also check out pics from the last GA ABC here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780025595385218.1073741872.123495907704860&type=1
Let's make 2015 the year the GA ABC not only shows gains in the gym but it shows gains in it's development of community.

GunRock
01-09-15, 12:20 am
Solid truth there. I've been a lurker and have made excuses. 2015 has a new motto for me " be intentional= just do it,no excuses" I've began applying that to all areas of life, and thus the Forum is no excuse. So here is my IG= theboom_bostic . You can also check out pics from the last GA ABC here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780025595385218.1073741872.123495907704860&type=1
Let's make 2015 the year the GA ABC not only shows gains in the gym but it shows gains in it's development of community.

You lurker!!!

GunRock
01-09-15, 12:27 am
You lurker!!!

Are you posting some of these on IG also? If so I'll repost if not I'll stick some up there. Plus, I'm going to put some on my Universal page and in the ABC gallery section.

Failsafe
01-09-15, 9:13 am
I'm putting out a challenge to everyone to become more active in our chapter. No more lurking, no showing up at events just to get a shirt but nobody hears from you for 30 60 or 90 days. We need to post on here, answer questions from the new guys, if you see somebody who's from Georgia who isn't a chapter member, reach out to them; invite them to join the chapter.

I need to know if you all have Journeys on here. Please reply with the link to your Journey so the rest of the chapter can follow your training.

I'm personally about to start a different style of training for the next three weeks along with the 1% Krew from Iron Beast Barbell. I'll post my training in my Journey for you all to see and admire and/or laugh at.

Here's my Journey link and it's in my signature if you ever need it again. http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43026-Gunrock-s-Iron-Journey&p=1398217#post1398217

I'd also like for us to start following each other on Instagram/Facebook etc. basically get involved in each other's lives. Mine is: @theironjourneygym

We need to be there for each other all of the time the way we were for Bard of Rage at the November meet up. When deanna7272 lost her dad, the members of her chapter were all in with condolences. Something deanna7272 PM'd me when I messaged her on the anniversary of her dad's death was that this Forvm has become a surrogate family as she's lost some family members and had to let go of some of the negative people from her life.

Nothing like reading Gunrock first AM to bring a damn tear to my eye.

Failsafe
01-09-15, 9:14 am
RandyMOlson and I both train at home. Sure there are more of us Garage Animals out there. (I think I just found my new hashtag).

Brother, I am all about getting a garage gym setup...first to get a garage though! Soon...very soon.

GunRock
01-09-15, 10:32 am
Nothing like reading Gunrock first AM to bring a damn tear to my eye.

I am a wordsmith.

GunRock
01-09-15, 10:34 am
Brother, I am all about getting a garage gym setup...first to get a garage though! Soon...very soon.

Just drag out what you need as you need it. Be a little cramped and cold but you can't have everything!

deanna7272
01-09-15, 11:14 am
Boy oh boy, I'm glad I stopped in here...

Gunrock, you're doing great things brother... Yes, I was contacted by GR on the anniversary of my parent's death (I lost BOTH parents on the SAME day, just 20 years apart) and believe me, it solidified why I'm here. I have had to cut ties with my blood (step) siblings for my own personal safety (they are just BAD people) and in times that seemed dark and "scary" my brothers and sisters here on the Forvm protected me and made me feel safe again (like family SHOULD do)... They have become MY FAMILY as far as I'm concerned. I have witnessed the true meaning of brotherhood (even if I am a woman... :) ...)

Through the Forvm and ABC's (and not just MY chapter) I have built closer bonds with like minded (GOOD) people than I have built with my everyday friends... :)

The ABCs are somewhat of a reunion in a sense... It's a gathering of family with a similar goal (self improvement) and then we break bread afterward...lol

I have seen a drop off of interest on the Forvm, which saddens me, but there are those that are determined to learn, educate, share, and listen within these walls... Take advantage, you won't be disappointed, I assure you.

GR, keep sharing your passion and spreading the word... At times I feel as though I am screaming from the mountain tops about Animal, but I want people to understand what a GOOD thing we have here. Acknowledge it, embrace it and appreciate it... We are a family...

We, here in Ohio, do have active chapters and we have the same issues as everyone (one timers) but if 10 show and 2 stay, you know that they are in it for the long haul... Like the Cbus chapter is active, and their plus is that they are centrally located and can draw more people at some gatherings, but don't get discouraged by the lack of numbers. For example, my chapter is the Ohio Valley (on the eastern border of the state, on the Ohio River) and I've had ABCs with 10 people and I've had 58 at our best. It depends on time, weather, etc BUT my members travel with me to other ABCs to support. ((I'm actually putting one on in Pittsburgh tomorrow to try and get that Chapter active again... Ya just do what ya gotta do...lol)) Scals is up visiting and wanted to get together, and it's PERFECT timing...lo .

Stay positive, stay active, and stay connected... Like they say... "If you build it, they will come.". Keep up the good work GA Animals!!!

XOXO
((I can end my post that way because I am Deanna, I am proud of who I am, and doggone it, people like me...lol!!!))

Boombostic
01-09-15, 12:03 pm
When 2014 started I made many fitness goals, lifting however was not one of them. In fact lifting wasn't really on the radar except for adding in some muscle building for fat loss. Then while training at @theironjourneygym I just happened to mention I'd like to try powerlifting. So, after running my first 1/2 marathon in June I competed in my first push/pull meet in July. That one event would set fire to a beast inside me that hungered for more. And thus a lifter was born. I began to be more diligent with training. December came for my first federation meet and I saw gains in my deadlift and squat, yet my bench remained the same. With that in mind and the challenge from @juggernauttraining I've established my goals for 2015. The biggest one is this- to bench 150 by December at the USPL meet in which I plan on competing in again to assess my progress. Currently my bench is 95lbs. Not a lot. I've hit more in the gym but I am going for competition totals, not gym PRs. My plan is, in the words of @leanna_carr, to bench every day. In addition to improving my form and increasing leg drive, I plan on developing fuller upper body power through supplementary movements that support my bench. 2015 has a lot of life changes in store, but I refuse to let my training be inhibited by the things around me. I will train and I will push through to be the best version of me that I can be. I will be great. ‪#‎couragetobegreat‬ ‪#‎juggernauttrainingsystems‬ ‪#‎animalpak‬ ‪#‎2015mybestyearyet‬ ‪#‎theironjourney‬ ‪#‎girlswholift‬ ‪#‎powerliftinglife‬

Failsafe
01-09-15, 2:33 pm
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10897907_780025998718511_3175852522874560771_n.jpg ?oh=e8fa50dcf362dc65e25d89cc9d9585d3&oe=553A3F19

GunRock
01-09-15, 8:47 pm
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10897907_780025998718511_3175852522874560771_n.jpg ?oh=e8fa50dcf362dc65e25d89cc9d9585d3&oe=553A3F19

I look like I'm trying to figure out why I'm holding a barbell; or the answer to a math problem lol.

GunRock
01-09-15, 8:48 pm
When 2014 started I made many fitness goals, lifting however was not one of them. In fact lifting wasn't really on the radar except for adding in some muscle building for fat loss. Then while training at @theironjourneygym I just happened to mention I'd like to try powerlifting. So, after running my first 1/2 marathon in June I competed in my first push/pull meet in July. That one event would set fire to a beast inside me that hungered for more. And thus a lifter was born. I began to be more diligent with training. December came for my first federation meet and I saw gains in my deadlift and squat, yet my bench remained the same. With that in mind and the challenge from @juggernauttraining I've established my goals for 2015. The biggest one is this- to bench 150 by December at the USPL meet in which I plan on competing in again to assess my progress. Currently my bench is 95lbs. Not a lot. I've hit more in the gym but I am going for competition totals, not gym PRs. My plan is, in the words of @leanna_carr, to bench every day. In addition to improving my form and increasing leg drive, I plan on developing fuller upper body power through supplementary movements that support my bench. 2015 has a lot of life changes in store, but I refuse to let my training be inhibited by the things around me. I will train and I will push through to be the best version of me that I can be. I will be great. ‪#‎couragetobegreat‬ ‪#‎juggernauttrainingsystems‬ ‪#‎animalpak‬ ‪#‎2015mybestyearyet‬ ‪#‎theironjourney‬ ‪#‎girlswholift‬ ‪#‎powerliftinglife‬

Glad you posted this in the Courage To Be Great contest Bostic! I KNOW you have that courage and that God's going to use you mightily. Keep living that Animal lifestyle and good things will happen for you! Pearls and all!!!

GunRock
01-09-15, 8:51 pm
XOXO
((I can end my post that way because I am Deanna, I am proud of who I am, and doggone it, people like me...lol!!!))[/QUOTE]

Even if you had to hit us with the Stewart Smalley quote lol!

I want Georgia to be the place that other chapters look at and say man we got to get down there and check them out! Let's make some NOISE!!!

Failsafe
01-09-15, 9:36 pm
I look like I'm trying to figure out why I'm holding a barbell; or the answer to a math problem lol.

I really just grabbed this one as a test upload but you do look inquisitive;-)

Boombostic
01-09-15, 10:03 pm
Glad you posted this in the Courage To Be Great contest Bostic! I KNOW you have that courage and that God's going to use you mightily. Keep living that Animal lifestyle and good things will happen for you! Pearls and all!!!

Could I get away with NOT wearing pearls? Um.no! Thanks for pushing me to greatness. Even when I have horrible core strength and can't do 5 sets of touch and go deadlifts at 65%of my max.

deanna7272
01-09-15, 10:16 pm
XOXO
((I can end my post that way because I am Deanna, I am proud of who I am, and doggone it, people like me...lol!!!))

Even if you had to hit us with the Stewart Smalley quote lol!

I want Georgia to be the place that other chapters look at and say man we got to get down there and check them out! Let's make some NOISE!!![/QUOTE]

Haha My quote... whatever it takes, right???

Keep doing what you're doing, people are watching!!

GunRock
01-09-15, 11:02 pm
Could I get away with NOT wearing pearls? Um.no! Thanks for pushing me to greatness. Even when I have horrible core strength and can't do 5 sets of touch and go deadlifts at 65%of my max.

lol. I'm just glad you let me ramble early in the morning.

Here's all about TAG DLs. I just learned about them from recently and from these two videos.

Video 1 http://youtu.be/W57juRidtSw
Video 2 http://youtu.be/zTh_hwqp5SU

GunRock
01-09-15, 11:04 pm
Keep doing what you're doing, people are watching!![/QUOTE]

Then post replies to my Thoughts!!! Nah seriously thanks.

GunRock
01-10-15, 12:16 am

Now I'm trying to figure out why everybody else can see this picture and I only see the link? What am I doing wrong? Or maybe it's a CON-spiracy?

RandymOlson
01-10-15, 10:22 am
Now I'm trying to figure out why everybody else can see this picture and I only see the link? What am I doing wrong? Or maybe it's a CON-spiracy?

I can only see the link. I do like the expression on your face.

GunRock
01-10-15, 5:21 pm
ok Im very upset I didnt get to meet Leanna, I may have a little secret crush on her...one day Ill make it out.

Possibly it's no longer a secret. How's school treating you?

GunRock
01-11-15, 3:19 am
Ok so my lovely wife as you all know is in her second trimester. Not conducive to long hours standing at The Arnold. Sooo... I thought that this time I'd revisit a tactic that she and I have used in the past.

We drive up for one day. In 2011, she and I drove up early Saturday morning, from Georgia to Columbus, OH in one day. We got to the Arnold about 9 maybe 10am. Stayed until 4 then turned around and drove back, arriving Sunday morning. We had to take a nap in the car at one point but pretty much we spent all day at the Festival, looking at The Cage events etc.

So War Machine wants to go 'cause we're not sure how his leave schedule's going to look next year with him being a very junior active duty Marine. UncleBoo56 has also signed up to go. I propose that we rent a van, split the cost and drive up, we'd leave on Friday and time it so we could get there on Saturday morning as the doors open. Unlike when my wife and I did it, we'd get our tickets in advance for $10 apiece, saving $5 off the price at the door.

I'm looking to have four drivers per vehicle (in case we have enough to take two vehicles) so we can swap out and keep everybody fresh. UncleBoo56 knows some places to stop and eat along the way as he goes to Cinncinnati quite often.

Plan right now is to drive up to TN, snag UncleBoo56 and head to Columbus. Enjoy The Cage, buy whatever we want to get from The Expo booths, grab something to eat in town, when The Expo shuts down for the day, hit the National ABC at 7pm, train, eat with the Brothers and leave immediately after that. We can stop and get a hotel room once we get back in Kentucky for a pretty reasonable amount if we're too tired to continue on the way back.

So let's get a headcount of who wants to go, spread the word. Any Georgia ABC member can come but I'd rather keep it to people who've been to at least one of our events 'cause I want the vibe to be a family one as we travel.

Cost should be around $200-$250 per person unless you go bananas buying stuff at The Expo (do NOT try to buy all the gadgets at the Rogue Fitness booth!!!)

RandymOlson
01-11-15, 2:11 pm
As we talked about back in October, I'm in.

Animal Rep
01-12-15, 8:55 am
Gunrock,

love the way you get things going for the chapter brother. It would be badass if some other people followed suit from different areas. Gonna check in on this.

Boombostic
01-12-15, 10:46 am
Sadly I'm going to have to say I'm out.

GunRock
01-12-15, 10:49 am
Gunrock
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson

let's try to get four more so we can have 2 vehicles going! Convoy to The Cage that would be awesome!!!

GunRock
01-12-15, 10:50 am
Sadly I'm going to have to say I'm out.

they hold the Arnold every year!

GunRock
01-12-15, 5:40 pm
Gunrock,

love the way you get things going for the chapter brother. It would be badass if some other people followed suit from different areas. Gonna check in on this.

You should see this idea I posted the other day.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43437-Contest-Idea

Uncle Boo
01-12-15, 5:55 pm
Ok so my lovely wife as you all know is in her second trimester. Not conducive to long hours standing at The Arnold. Sooo... I thought that this time I'd revisit a tactic that she and I have used in the past.

We drive up for one day. In 2011, she and I drove up early Saturday morning, from Georgia to Columbus, OH in one day. We got to the Arnold about 9 maybe 10am. Stayed until 4 then turned around and drove back, arriving Sunday morning. We had to take a nap in the car at one point but pretty much we spent all day at the Festival, looking at The Cage events etc.

So War Machine wants to go 'cause we're not sure how his leave schedule's going to look next year with him being a very junior active duty Marine. UncleBoo56 has also signed up to go. I propose that we rent a van, split the cost and drive up, we'd leave on Friday and time it so we could get there on Saturday morning as the doors open. Unlike when my wife and I did it, we'd get our tickets in advance for $10 apiece, saving $5 off the price at the door.

I'm looking to have four drivers per vehicle (in case we have enough to take two vehicles) so we can swap out and keep everybody fresh. UncleBoo56 knows some places to stop and eat along the way as he goes to Cinncinnati quite often.

Plan right now is to drive up to TN, snag UncleBoo56 and head to Columbus. Enjoy The Cage, buy whatever we want to get from The Expo booths, grab something to eat in town, when The Expo shuts down for the day, hit the National ABC at 7pm, train, eat with the Brothers and leave immediately after that. We can stop and get a hotel room once we get back in Kentucky for a pretty reasonable amount if we're too tired to continue on the way back.

So let's get a headcount of who wants to go, spread the word. Any Georgia ABC member can come but I'd rather keep it to people who've been to at least one of our events 'cause I want the vibe to be a family one as we travel.

Cost should be around $200-$250 per person unless you go bananas buying stuff at The Expo (do NOT try to buy all the gadgets at the Rogue Fitness booth!!!)

I'm in and I don't like you

Failsafe
01-12-15, 8:14 pm

This sounds like an amazing idea. The wife and I are currently looking into how we can make this work because the both of us would be super psyched to go! If we can juggle some work related commitments, we might be able to make this happen!

Awsumsoss
01-13-15, 10:08 am
As of right now, I'm gonna say I'm 90 percent sure I'll he able to go. I'm 100 percent excited though!!!

GunRock
01-13-15, 8:07 pm
Definite
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson

Possible
Awsumsoss
Mr and Mrs Failsafe (they are putting out feelers to see if some of the brothers from NC may want to go along

Unconfirmed
ATLMusclBro5

Not Gonna Make It
BoomBostic

Remember that we want to try to have four to a vehicle to make the drive less of a monster. Let's keep reaching out to people!

bp455
01-13-15, 9:27 pm
Definite
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson

Possible
Awsumsoss
Mr and Mrs Failsafe (they are putting out feelers to see if some of the brothers from NC may want to go along

Unconfirmed
ATLMusclBro5

Not Gonna Make It
BoomBostic

Remember that we want to try to have four to a vehicle to make the drive less of a monster. Let's keep reaching out to people!

wish could meet some animal club one day
great site

GunRock
01-13-15, 10:46 pm
wish could meet some animal club one day
great site

Where are you from? There's probably a chapter somewhere around there. Check out this link for the ABC chapter nearest you: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?13075-ABC-Chapters-The-Complete-List

bp455
01-13-15, 11:31 pm
Nc raleigh area

GunRock
01-13-15, 11:43 pm
Nc raleigh area

You should hook up with us for The First Annual TN/GA Convoy To The Cage Brother! We've got four definite for the trip and three possible. Our route is Georgia to Chattanooga, TN to Kentucky then Ohio. Details are below:

bp455
01-14-15, 12:04 am
Wish could go doing a meet and helping a friend march 21 will think about it would be a ton of fun will discuss with wife.

Failsafe
01-14-15, 9:14 am
Nc raleigh area

I actually moved from Raleigh to Atlanta in November of 2013 but in all honesty I wasn't heavily involved with the ABC Chapter for NC that much. I did however reach out to one our brothers here in the Forvm that is part of the NC chapter (Punkgyver) and he is going to try to make arrangements to potentially be part of the convoy (Again, job permitting since we are both employed by the same company). You might try reaching out to him as I think he is in contact with the ABC Coordinator for the NC Animals.

GunRock
01-14-15, 10:06 am
I actually moved from Raleigh to Atlanta in November of 2013 but in all honesty I wasn't heavily involved with the ABC Chapter for NC that much. I did however reach out to one our brothers here in the Forvm that is part of the NC chapter (Punkgyver) and he is going to try to make arrangements to potentially be part of the convoy (Again, job permitting since we are both employed by the same company). You might try reaching out to him as I think he is in contact with the ABC Coordinator for the NC Animals.

That's awesome!!! Way to step up Failsafe!

bp455
01-14-15, 7:00 pm
That's awesome!!! Way to step up Failsafe!

Ok great!

GunRock
01-14-15, 9:31 pm
These are all of the people I've had direct contact with in some way, email, phone call, PM etc.
Definite
Gunrock
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson

Possible
Awsumsoss
ATLMusclBro5 (he will be flying to Columbus but he'll meet up with us there and we can hang out at The Cage and the National ABC)

Unconfirmed
Bard of Rage
WamBam
Truck

Not Gonna Make It
BoomBostic

Remember that we want to try to have four to a vehicle to make the drive less of a monster. Let's keep reaching out to people

teperry46
01-15-15, 9:36 pm
Possibly it's no longer a secret. How's school treating you?

haha whoops...

schools going good so far, just getting the semester rolling, and started working at the school gym for this semester so Ive got that going on as well.

GunRock
01-15-15, 9:41 pm
Is this related to your major? School gyms are great, that's where my girlfriend at the time out benched me to get this Iron Journey rolling.

teperry46
01-15-15, 11:02 pm
Is this related to your major? School gyms are great, that's where my girlfriend at the time out benched me to get this Iron Journey rolling.

No, Im actually a business major. I almost switched to exercise science last semester, but I realized that business would be a good path for me to go down. In a perfect world, Id be able to get into the business side of something fitness related, whether its a supplement company, or a gym. I feel like that is something I would really enjoy to do. Working at the gym is pretty fun, and I feel like its good work experience. Im fortunate that Georgia Southern upgraded a few years ago to the current gym and it is amazing, I mean its pretty much got anything you could imagine. Its crazy busy this semester as you can probably imagine, so sometimes the waiting around part annoys me during my workouts, but its still not too bad. Its pretty much my second home down here haha

GunRock
01-16-15, 1:38 am
[/QUOTE]Its pretty much my second home down here haha[/QUOTE]

There are worse places to live.

GunRock
01-23-15, 6:48 pm
The Ohio ABC chapters have a really cool event coming up. They've sent invites to all of the neighboring states and to me it's the sort of thing we need to build towards being able to do here in Georgia. Imagine a FL/GA/TN/AL/NC/SC ABC event.

Or to put it a different way, imagine an ABC with Jason Huh, J. Wong, Leanna Carr and Sam Byrd all wanting to come to one event along with all of the ABC members from those chapters! I want to be in position to make this happen in two years so we've got to get our hustle on, growing our chapter, growing our bond and making solid contacts at the National ABC/Cage are important steps.

Let's make this happen!

Check out the Power Station ABC info thread here!

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43456-Power-Station-ABC-Ohio

GunRock
01-28-15, 3:06 pm
reposting from G Diesel's announcement in the Big Pak Can Promo thread:

Winners must contact Animal Rep ASAP with their shipping info. We're also expecting detailed reviews (with pictures) of your winnings.

The runners-up, each of whom will receive all three flavors of the new Animal WHEY in 2 lb containers are as follows...

wedge
Angst
Gunrock
Cellardweller
knotahumanbeing
deanna7272
Survivor831
failsafe
Charles

And the grand prize "Live Large" winner of the Big Pak can with all of its voluminous contents is...

Swolepez

Much respect and congrats to all of the participants and the winners this time around. We eagerly looking forward to your feedback and reaction.

Thanks for being a part of our family and for all you do to make Animal what it is today.

Peace, G

Nice Job Failsafe!

teperry46
01-28-15, 3:10 pm
congrats guys!

GunRock
01-28-15, 3:11 pm
congrats guys!

Thanks Brother!

GunRock
01-28-15, 3:16 pm
Update time! The date is drawing near and I need to get an update from the possibles about whether or not they're going. Also I need somebody to get in touch with Bard of Rage to see if he wants to make the trip. I'm going to get Angeles (she trains at Iron Beast) who just joined the Forvm to see if she wants to go along and I'll get her to touch base with Truck as he works there. I've been training there every Saturday with Eric and Marcell but he comes in after I'm already gone. So let's get some updates people. I promise to let everyone who goes on the trip have some of my Animal Whey!

Definite
Gunrock
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson

Possible
Awsumsoss
ATLMusclBro5 (he will be flying to Columbus but he'll meet up with us there and we can hang out at The Cage and the National ABC)

Unconfirmed
Bard of Rage
WamBam
Truck

Remember that we want to try to have four to a vehicle to make the drive less of a monster. Let's keep reaching out to people[/QUOTE]

Failsafe
01-28-15, 5:09 pm
We are still in for the most part. About 51% confirmed right now but will know definitively by the middle of February.

GunRock
01-28-15, 8:40 pm
We are still in for the most part. About 51% confirmed right now but will know definitively by the middle of February.

Cool do me a favor and touch base with Awsumsoss. We need to start working on logistics too. Car rental or drive one of our rides, where to meet up, etc.

Failsafe
01-29-15, 8:02 am
Cool do me a favor and touch base with Awsumsoss. We need to start working on logistics too. Car rental or drive one of our rides, where to meet up, etc.

Agreed; Since Mrs. Failsafe is talking about making this a business opportunity to hit some establishments while in the area, what we might end up doing is driving up Friday morning at this point and then re-grouping on Saturday with you guys. But we are still trying to get it worked out on our side and the Mrs is all about multitasking.

I will ping Awsumsoss today to see if he can post his decision.

Thanks for spearheading this and keeping the group on track!

GunRock
01-29-15, 7:06 pm
Agreed; Since Mrs. Failsafe is talking about making this a business opportunity to hit some establishments while in the area, what we might end up doing is driving up Friday morning at this point and then re-grouping on Saturday with you guys. But we are still trying to get it worked out on our side and the Mrs is all about multitasking.

Okay, it's about an 8 hour drive if you go non stop. I'd like to get there as the doors open so we'd probably leave between 11pm and midnight from down here. I'm working on the flag now. If you all do get there early, be sure to look up ATLMusclBro5 and Eric Head as they'll be up there by then although they're going separately.

ATLMusclBro5
01-29-15, 8:07 pm
Okay, it's about an 8 hour drive if you go non stop. I'd like to get there as the doors open so we'd probably leave between 11pm and midnight from down here. I'm working on the flag now. If you all do get there early, be sure to look up ATLMusclBro5 and Eric Head as they'll be up there by then although they're going separately.

Just checked on flights and I'm seeing $176 currently from Atlanta to Columbus. That's $40 cheaper than they were just a week ago. I'm probably gonna lock in the flight tonight. I should arrive on Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning.

GunRock
01-29-15, 9:29 pm
Just checked on flights and I'm seeing $176 currently from Atlanta to Columbus. That's $40 cheaper than they were just a week ago. I'm probably gonna lock in the flight tonight. I should arrive on Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning.

Okay. What are you planning on training at the National ABC? I need work on my squat so I'm going to do that.

ATLMusclBro5
01-30-15, 10:07 am
Okay. What are you planning on training at the National ABC? I need work on my squat so I'm going to do that.

I'm planning on legs as well.

GunRock
01-30-15, 7:04 pm
I'm planning on legs as well.

Hopefully I can get Sam Byrd or Jay Nera to eyeball my squat form for a few sets. They haven't posted that Train With An Animal Promo yet so no idea what's in store.

Failsafe
01-30-15, 7:55 pm
Hopefully I can get Sam Byrd or Jay Nera to eyeball my squat form for a few sets. They haven't posted that Train With An Animal Promo yet so no idea what's in store.

Did you see Jay's new training vid on the Animal YouTube channel? The guys a beast!

GunRock
01-30-15, 8:55 pm
Did you see Jay's new training vid on the Animal YouTube channel? The guys a beast!

Yeah, I've started incorporating his suggestions into my own training as well as training I do for others. I like his stuff, Richard Hawthorne and Dan Green. If you look at post #815 in Dan's Ask The Animals Thread, he breaks down how and why to use different rep ranges and how to program assistance work in a pretty insightful and eye opening way.

Failsafe
02-02-15, 7:54 am

Talked to Awsumsoss yesterday. The verdict is still out. Sounds like this is happening the same week as Spring Break and due to some potential staffing issues he may end up having to work. He told me that he would ping me once things solidify.

GunRock
02-02-15, 10:06 am
Talked to Awsumsoss yesterday. The verdict is still out. Sounds like this is happening the same week as Spring Break and due to some potential staffing issues he may end up having to work. He told me that he would ping me once things solidify.

Well get him to give you some money and we can pick up some LE gear for him while we're up there if he can't make it. I'm planning on hitting up the Slingshot booth to grab some knee sleeves while I'm there plus maybe a Baseball T although I have a longstanding rule against having anybody on a t shirt who's bigger than me. (Related to comments I got when I first got into lifting and I'd wear a shirt with a bodybuilder on it. I weighed 135 at 5'9 and everybody wanted to know why I didn't look like the guy on my shirt if I trained so much)

Anyway, I want another fitted and those wraps but depending on what they have there I may grab a baseball T also.

Failsafe
02-02-15, 4:33 pm
Well get him to give you some money and we can pick up some LE gear for him while we're up there if he can't make it. I'm planning on hitting up the Slingshot booth to grab some knee sleeves while I'm there plus maybe a Baseball T although I have a longstanding rule against having anybody on a t shirt who's bigger than me. (Related to comments I got when I first got into lifting and I'd wear a shirt with a bodybuilder on it. I weighed 135 at 5'9 and everybody wanted to know why I didn't look like the guy on my shirt if I trained so much)

Anyway, I want another fitted and those wraps but depending on what they have there I may grab a baseball T also.

I am looking at a set of SBD wraps myself. That and a Inzer belt. But yeah, I will ping him closer to the date to confirm and if he's a no-show, I will hook him up.

GunRock
02-02-15, 5:53 pm
I am looking at a set of SBD wraps myself. That and a Inzer belt. But yeah, I will ping him closer to the date to confirm and if he's a no-show, I will hook him up.

One way or the other we got his back. He's been to every event so far and I hate that he might miss out.

Angie from Iron Beast is checking her work schedule to see if she can make the trip as well as Truck from Iron Beast. Angie was at the last ABC and Truck is the guy who signed up on the Forvm after our last ABC.

Hopefully we get a nice showing for Georgia in Columbus!!

GunRock
02-09-15, 1:10 pm
They will only allow 175 people in so be sure you sign up tomorrow if you are going. Let's have a strong showing for Georgia at the National ABC!!
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43517-2015-national-abc&p=1402043&posted=1#post1402043

truck
02-09-15, 7:06 pm
They will only allow 175 people in so be sure you sign up tomorrow if you are going. Let's have a strong showing for Georgia at the National ABC!!
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43517-2015-national-abc&p=1402043&posted=1#post1402043

Cool, brutha!!! Totally stoked about the trip! Look forward to checkin it out this yr.

GunRock
02-10-15, 12:24 am
Cool, brutha!!! Totally stoked about the trip! Look forward to checkin it out this yr.

Yeah let Angie know too. She said she was thinking about making the trip.

RandymOlson
02-10-15, 11:13 am
I'm in got my ticket!

Failsafe
02-10-15, 11:26 am
they will only allow 175 people in so be sure you sign up tomorrow if you are going. Let's have a strong showing for georgia at the national abc!!

done and done!!! Got mine!

GunRock
02-10-15, 11:28 am

Got mine!! And so did War Machine and uncleboo56!! I was just on the phone with truck and he was getting his. This thing is starting to pick up speed!!

truck
02-10-15, 5:57 pm
Yeah let Angie know too. She said she was thinking about making the trip.

Look forward to the National ABC!!!
yo. Thinkin bout doin deads for it.
Riding out from Gainesville prob Friday night. Driving
Let me kno if I can help. Thnx

GunRock
02-10-15, 7:15 pm
Going on the Convoy
War Machine
Uncleboo56
RandyMOlson
Truck and Mrs. Truck

Meeting Us In Columbus
Mr and Mrs Failsafe
ATLMusclBro5

Not Gonna Make It
BoomBostic
EricHead
BardofRage

Possible
Angie

Weather looks like there's a possibility of a snow shower on Saturday in Columbus so that's a consideration for our departure time from here so we're not rushing. I'm going to begin pre-trip maintenance on the Animal Battle Wagon next week. Still working on the flag.
Awsumsoss

ATLMusclBro5
02-12-15, 4:44 pm

Just ordered my ticket for the National ABC.

Failsafe
02-12-15, 5:06 pm
Just ordered my ticket for the National ABC.

This is going to be awesome!

GunRock
02-14-15, 6:17 pm

Got no more room in either of our convoy vehicles and I couldn't be more pleased. Plan is to arrive and park about 2 hours before the Expo opens then I think we'll hit up the food court. A place called Max and Erma's is highly recommended in the Cage for first timers thread I started in the Cage section of the Forvm. We're going to take a break after the Arnold to rest then hit up the National ABC before heading back down to Georgia!

Lead vehicle seven passenger Kia

Gunrock
Mrs Gunrock (can't be separated from my baby. Third time at the Arnold.)
uncleboo56 (joining us in Tennessee to hit up the Arnold Cage and try to beat his previous Bodyweight Bench for Reps score at the Cage)
War Machine (his last ABC before heading to Parris Island)
RandyMOlson (first time at the Arnold. second time at an ABC)
EricHead (welcome to the Forvm dude. first time at the Arnold. third time at an ABC)
AJones_148 (coming up from Floriday. first time at the Arnold. first time at an ABC)

carryon baggage (if it doesn't fit it stays in Georgia)

Follow vehicle
Truck (first time at the Arnold. first time at an ABC)
Mrs Truck (first time at the Arnold. first time at an ABC)
baby daughter Truck
luggage

meeting us in Columbus
Failsafe
Mrs Failsafe
ATLMusclBro5

Any questions email me at theironjourneygym@gmail.com. I'm in and out of the hospital with my son, learning all about type I diabetes, plus trying to get together my interview questions for an article I'm doing on Steve Goggins Monday night, plus preparing to accompany my wife to find out the sex of our baby Monday afternoon ... but I'll answer any questions as soon as I can.

AJones148
02-15-15, 10:53 am

You mean Friday night, right?

GunRock
02-15-15, 4:35 pm
You mean Friday night, right?

Yes. Trying to decide the safest place to leave everybody's ride until Sunday morning.

AJones148
02-15-15, 7:57 pm
Yes. Trying to decide the safest place to leave everybody's ride until Sunday morning.

Ok, message me the address when you know so I can mapquest it.. I was thinking about taking a train but for some reason that takes twice as long as if I drive.

GunRock
02-17-15, 3:57 pm
Ok, message me the address when you know so I can mapquest it.. I was thinking about taking a train but for some reason that takes twice as long as if I drive.

I'll post it in here so everyone can copy it. Looks like we'll have three people coming from Gainesville but one car is full so if we can get EricHead and his wife to get you from the train or if you can leave your car at their house and they give you a ride to our house that would work the best. I've got to confirm that with them first though, don't know their schedule that Friday night.

GunRock
02-17-15, 3:59 pm

Hey what day are you all coming back Failsafe? If you all have room in your car we might need to put some of our purchases in the car with you. My trunk space will be limited.

Failsafe
02-17-15, 6:24 pm
Hey what day are you all coming back Failsafe? If you all have room in your car we might need to put some of our purchases in the car with you. My trunk space will be limited.

More than likely Sunday

GunRock
02-18-15, 12:59 am
if you are going to the National ABC don't miss out on this chance to train with one of the pros! The annual Train With An Animal is open for submissions. Go to this thread and post who you want to train with and why. The animals will make their selections and announce who they will be training with before The Arnold Cage.
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43554-PROMO-Train-With-An-Animal

GunRock
02-18-15, 1:01 am
More than likely Sunday

Cool. Give me a call Wednesday. I need to arrange something with you just in case.

GunRock
02-18-15, 2:30 am
Follow the link in this thread. Print it out and bring it with you to The Cage. Otherwise you'll be stuck outside the fence.
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43553-Official-Entry-Ticket-to-THE-BOX&p=1403199#post1403199

EricHead
02-18-15, 9:04 am
Ill be there!!

GunRock
02-19-15, 3:07 pm
Check out the link in this thread
also keep visiting The Cage section of The Forvm to be updated on what's happening that weekend.
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43559-The-Cage-Full-Schedule-of-Events&p=1403356#post1403356

GunRock
02-19-15, 10:50 pm
Okay, meet up for everyone coming from Georgia will be at the Racetrac gas station just off of I-75. It's pretty easy to find, take exit 278 and make a left if going north on I-75. It's on the right hand side.

If you are leaving your car and don't feel comfortable leaving it at the gas station until Sunday night, PM me and I'll give you my address and you can park it in my driveway.

First stop will be in Cleveland to pick up uncleboo56.

I'm thinking we should stop for gas and to switch drivers in Kentucky. Gas prices in Ohio are around $2 a gallon according to GasBuddy it's about $1.90 in Kentucky. We need to arrive in Columbus around 7am to get good (cheapest) parking. Then we can grab something to eat from the food court and wait for the doors to open.

If you're riding in the Kia with us, I'm asking that everyone set aside $45 for gas. That should be enough for us to get up there and back and do some driving around if need be. We can decide what to do with any surplus money when we get back to Georgia.

We can bring a small cooler with food if everyone prefers or we can just grab food when we stop. I just don't want to stop for too long anywhere. Trip should take 8 hours but factoring in stops it'll be more like ten. Chime in if anybody sees anything I forgot or thinks we need to adjust the plan.

recap:

Departure time: 2245, Friday, March 6
Required Gear list:
$45 per person for gas,
National ABC ticket print out,
Entry ticket into The Box,
Animal T-shirt,
deodorant (please we won't have time to shower after training so unless you want the windows down the entire way back...)

Optional gear:
comfortable shoes to walk around in,
backpack
workout clothes to change into
Additional money for food and to spend at the Expo.

Uncle Boo
02-20-15, 10:24 am
Okay, meet up for everyone coming from Georgia will be at the Racetrac gas station just off of I-75. It's pretty easy to find, take exit 278 and make a left if going north on I-75. It's on the right hand side.

If you are leaving your car and don't feel comfortable leaving it at the gas station until Sunday night, PM me and I'll give you my address and you can park it in my driveway.

First stop will be in Cleveland to pick up uncleboo56.

I'm thinking we should stop for gas and to switch drivers in Kentucky. Gas prices in Ohio are around $2 a gallon according to GasBuddy it's about $1.90 in Kentucky. We need to arrive in Columbus around 7am to get good (cheapest) parking. Then we can grab something to eat from the food court and wait for the doors to open.

If you're riding in the Kia with us, I'm asking that everyone set aside $45 for gas. That should be enough for us to get up there and back and do some driving around if need be. We can decide what to do with any surplus money when we get back to Georgia.

We can bring a small cooler with food if everyone prefers or we can just grab food when we stop. I just don't want to stop for too long anywhere. Trip should take 8 hours but factoring in stops it'll be more like ten. Chime in if anybody sees anything I forgot or thinks we need to adjust the plan.

recap:

Departure time: 2245, Friday, March 6
Required Gear list:
$45 per person for gas,
National ABC ticket print out,
Entry ticket into The Box,
Animal T-shirt,
deodorant (please we won't have time to shower after training so unless you want the windows down the entire way back...)

Optional gear:
comfortable shoes to walk around in,
backpack
workout clothes to change into
Additional money for food and to spend at the Expo.

I need you to have my theme music playing as I approach the Kia please. That's the only thing I see that you left out

GunRock
02-20-15, 7:56 pm
I need you to have my theme music playing as I approach the Kia please. That's the only thing I see that you left out

Is this it? I promise to bump it through the speakers nonstop til Columbus for you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYVepDBAC0

teperry46
02-20-15, 9:12 pm
Jealous of those getting to go, Work and school makes its tough to take trips like this! Hope all of yall have a great time, and are able to just enjoy the whole experience! Safe travels!

GunRock
02-20-15, 11:31 pm
Jealous of those getting to go, Work and school makes its tough to take trips like this! Hope all of yall have a great time, and are able to just enjoy the whole experience! Safe travels!

Check out my IG @johngreavesiii. I'll try to post regular updates and video clips. This trip is about more than just hanging out at The Cage and seeing cool stuff though. I want to set some stuff up so that Georgia becomes as cool a place to have Animal events as they do in New Jersey and Florida. What holds us back a little is that we don't have any sponsored Animal athletes here but I've got plans to hopefully work around that.

Anyway, be patient and we'll try to get more cool events for the Georgia Animals.

Failsafe
02-23-15, 9:53 am
Due to some unforeseen issues, I will not be able to attend this year. Sorry for any inconvenience that this might cause. I hope everyone has a awesome and safe time!

GunRock
02-23-15, 10:41 am
Due to some unforeseen issues, I will not be able to attend this year. Sorry for any inconvenience that this might cause. I hope everyone has a awesome and safe time!

hey if you and the wife got National ABC tickets you might want to let Cammarhino know that you all have bowed out that way Corporate can open those two slots to somebody else.
hope everything is ok. Let me know if I can help.

GunRock
02-23-15, 11:59 pm
We had originally planned on resting between the end of the Arnold on Saturday and the start of the National ABC. That won't be happening but we won't be out in the cold. According to the illustrious deanna7272 we should actually head over to Metro IMMEDIATELY after the Arnold ends at 5:30 pm and get in line for The National ABC. She said walk but I think we'll all be ready to sit for a few minutes so we'll get the Kia and park right in front like uncleboo56 and I did last year. Then we can leave immediately afterwards as planned without walking back in the cold after hard training.

Everyone be sure to save some pre-workout for when it's your turn to drive!!

ATLMusclBro5
02-26-15, 2:05 pm
Check out my IG @johngreavesiii. I'll try to post regular updates and video clips. This trip is about more than just hanging out at The Cage and seeing cool stuff though. I want to set some stuff up so that Georgia becomes as cool a place to have Animal events as they do in New Jersey and Florida. What holds us back a little is that we don't have any sponsored Animal athletes here but I've got plans to hopefully work around that.

Anyway, be patient and we'll try to get more cool events for the Georgia Animals.

Good stuff bro. Love that you're taking this chapter to the next level.

We definitely have your back in this.

Hopefully everyone can meet up for some photos at the Cage or at the National ABC.

GunRock
02-26-15, 6:07 pm
Hopefully everyone can meet up for some photos at the Cage or at the National ABC.

didn't even think about that. Good idea!! Let's meet up for breakfast right before The Cage. We should get there in time to hit up Max and Erma's. PM me your cell# and I'll call you when we get close to Columbus Saturday morning.

RandymOlson
02-28-15, 10:45 pm
I posted this in the First Timers Arnold:
I had a lot of problems purchasing the tickets today through the Ticket Master web site. Then, I went to pick them up at the local retailer (Publix in the Atl Metro area) and they said that they cannot print tickets for the Ohio market. SO... If you purchased out of market plan on stopping somewhere on the way to pick up your tickets...
See you soon!
Randy

GunRock
03-02-15, 8:43 pm
I posted this in the First Timers Arnold:
I had a lot of problems purchasing the tickets today through the Ticket Master web site. Then, I went to pick them up at the local retailer (Publix in the Atl Metro area) and they said that they cannot print tickets for the Ohio market. SO... If you purchased out of market plan on stopping somewhere on the way to pick up your tickets...
See you soon!
Randy

We'll be stopping when we hit Ohio anyway to gas up so that sounds like a great time to pick up Arnold Sports Festival tickets.

AJones148
03-03-15, 2:43 pm
We'll be stopping when we hit Ohio anyway to gas up so that sounds like a great time to pick up Arnold Sports Festival tickets.

I think I'll be picking up mine then cause I tried to get em today at the local Walmart and my code didn't work and I couldn't reach them over the phone.

GunRock
03-03-15, 7:38 pm
I think I'll be picking up mine then cause I tried to get em today at the local Walmart and my code didn't work and I couldn't reach them over the phone.

No worries. We'll get it done somehow.

GunRock
03-03-15, 9:31 pm
https://belovedinspiration.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/a-foundation-to-be-broken/

Animal attitude to the core.

GunRock
03-04-15, 5:12 am
FYI,

Inside the Arnold Sports Festival will be pretty warm but it looks like it'll be about 20 degrees at night in Columbus. We'll be standing in line twice so please dress accordingly. Most of you have said you'll be taking backpacks so you should be able to put your jackets in them.

I'm keeping an eye on the weather and it looks like we should be good as far as the drive up and back goes.

Reminder: If you're planning on leaving your car at my house, PM me for the address BEFORE Friday night as I will NOT be on the Forvm for much of the day Friday.