PDA

View Full Version : Creatine loading?

abefroman35
09-25-07, 10:10 pm
I took creatine for about a month or two then I couldnt get it because of some complications, and it has been about a month. But when I first started taking it i did not do a Loading Phase. So i was thinking of doing a loading phase this time around. It says on the box to do like 4 scoops spread out of the day. Should I do this? Or take all the scoops PWO or Pre? also should I take my normal creatine Pre or Post wo? I was taking it Post but the box says take it Pre? What are you ideas? thanks

Spikes079
09-25-07, 10:15 pm
take one scoop in the morning two at seperate times in the day and one before bed

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 10:16 pm
I never load with creatine. I would take it pre and post workout or you can use it to make the BigAnt drink.

abefroman35
09-25-07, 10:17 pm
take one scoop in the morning two at seperate times in the day and one before bed

alright thanks

I never load with creatine. I would take it pre and post workout or you can use it to make the BigAnt drink.

why do you say that? what is the BigAnt drink? is it in one of his threads?

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 10:19 pm
why do you say that? what is the BigAnt drink? is it in one of his threads?

Use the search button and search for it. It is a good way to get your creatine, glutamine, BCAAs and electrolytes all in one drink. And it tastes damn good.

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 10:20 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4722&highlight=bigant+drink

abefroman35
09-25-07, 10:25 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4722&highlight=bigant+drink

yeah i had just found it - thanks a lot - i think im gonna try it - do you take it? you like it? what is storm? i asked for sample

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 10:28 pm
I use it every workout, just feel better using it.

Storm, here you go

http://www.universalnutrition.com/features/storm.html

NickSP
09-25-07, 10:32 pm
I never load either

abefroman35
09-25-07, 10:35 pm
I use it every workout, just feel better using it.

Storm, here you go

http://www.universalnutrition.com/features/storm.html

so if i took his drank - like im just going to add the creatine and gatorade - like while im working out and stuff i dont need to take it pre or post? right?

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 10:39 pm
so if i took his drank - like im just going to add the creatine and gatorade - like while im working out and stuff i dont need to take it pre or post? right?

Here is what I do. I take 1 scoop of Storm, 2 teaspoons of Universal BCAAs, 1 scoop of powdered Gatorade and one teaspoon of glutamine in 32 ounces of water, every workout. After working out, my post workout shake is 50 grams of whey, 50 grams of carbs, 1 teaspoon of micronized creatine. Every workout without fail.

When using creatine make sure to drink extra water, ok?

Mlowe8
07-23-08, 2:01 pm
about a month ago I started taking creatine monohydrate. I loaded for about 4 days and then took 5g to 10g a day depending on w/o days and non w/o days. Well I ran out a week ago and had to wait for Universal to send me another "tub" of creatine. I havent been taking creatine for about a week and I was wondering if i should load again or just go straight into the 5 to 10 grams?

Thanks

simpleguy
07-23-08, 2:02 pm
while there is still some debate about creatine loading, in one week your creatine levels have stayed pretty much the same so you're more then covered by taking 5-10 gr a day

Mlowe8
07-23-08, 2:15 pm
Thanks.. That helps a ton.

BlackCatz
11-26-09, 4:49 pm
This was probably posted before, but can someone please explain what the whole 'Loading phase' 'Maintenance phase' means?? Thanks in advance.

TigerAce01
11-26-09, 5:42 pm
It means nothing, the "loading phase" has been found completely useless, and is mostly just companies trying to make you spend more money on a product. Just use a regular dosing regimen.

-Ace

Muscleguy93
11-26-09, 6:34 pm
It means nothing, the "loading phase" has been found completely useless, and is mostly just companies trying to make you spend more money on a product. Just use a regular dosing regimen.

-Ace

i agree. the loading phase dosent do anything but put stress on your kidneys and wallet.

JasonG
11-26-09, 6:44 pm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak22.htm

Interesting article on creatine myths/facts written by Animal Pak.
There are countless articles and studies concerning creatine. Some say loading is quicker in getting your creatine stores peaked and other say it's a waste. Try it for yourself if you have a cheap mono product and make your own determination. I've loaded in the past with mono but don't bother anymore.

MELTDOWN
11-26-09, 11:14 pm
I really think it doesn't matter as long as you get it in. Personally, I've never bought into the loading phase of creatine. Not that it's right or wrong, I just can't convince myself that loading it is necessary.

msktyshha
12-08-09, 10:33 pm
k so it's recommended that one should take a high carb drink with each time you consume creatine for better absorption. I don't wanna gain excess fat due to 80-100g of sugar each time i take creatine. I do take atleast 60-80g of simple carbs post workout, so would it be beneficial for me to add 5g of creatine in my pwo drink? like that's the only time I would be having creatine.

JasonG
12-08-09, 11:40 pm
Yep that's the time to do it.

Beowulf
12-10-09, 9:54 am

-Ace

I agree. I thought the whole loading myth was debunked a while ago?

On Letting Go
12-10-09, 10:54 am

-Ace

Correct. Follow TA's advice.

Universal Rep
12-10-09, 11:04 am
I agree. I thought the whole loading myth was debunked a while ago?

Pockets of resistance remain... Haha.

Bob
12-10-09, 11:13 am
Like everyone is saying, save your money. No need to "load" on creatine.

msktyshha
12-14-09, 9:09 pm
whats the best form of creatine out there, like the one that wouldn't get me all bloated and puffy. And is it true creatine gains are mostly water and when u go off of creatine u lose whatever u gained?