PDA

View Full Version : I Diet On French Fries...

BigAnt
09-29-07, 5:48 pm
Well almost...

Dry ass baked potatos...bored of them?

Try them like this....

In a Pam sprayed cookie sheet, spread out red skin-eastern potatos & yams...potatos are cut into wedge slices, big as your finger...season with Old Bay seasoning...bake in oven at 450 for 30 minutes, until potatoes are brown, flip, bake more until browned, EAT!

Each 7oz. serving is 50 grams of 'GOOD FOR YOU CARBS'

Enjoy!

I eat these right up to my show on a Saturday, minus the seasonings!

Northman
09-29-07, 6:16 pm
I do something similar with sweet potatoes and cubed winter squash of several varieties, covered in nutmeg.

A question though, why the red skinned potatoes? Are they more nutritious than others?

Upstatebuilder07
09-29-07, 7:06 pm
those sound a lot tastier than my dry plain rice or a micro-sweet potato. im gunna have to whip up a batch of those, thanks big ant for another good insider recipe

BigAnt
09-29-07, 7:27 pm
I do something similar with sweet potatoes and cubed winter squash of several varieties, covered in nutmeg.

A question though, why the red skinned potatoes? Are they more nutritious than others?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINK, ME ONLY THE RED SKIN POTS. TASTE SWEETER WHEN BAKED...

BigAnt
09-29-07, 7:32 pm
those sound a lot tastier than my dry plain rice or a micro-sweet potato. im gunna have to whip up a batch of those, thanks big ant for another good insider recipe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make 2 h u g e tray fulls, 2-big tuperware containers...will last about 3-4 days in fridge...hope you like them, good with ketchup!

There in my oven now!

Giant Killer
09-29-07, 7:56 pm
Jumped on here, read this recipe, jumped off, and made some! Very good, did white potatos with Cavender's seasoning. They only needed 15 min. per side though at 400 degrees. Had them with some steak.

Thanks BigAnt!

eblnyc
09-29-07, 7:59 pm
french fries and cheesecake...thats a great diet...lol

Lowdown5
09-29-07, 8:19 pm
Going shopping in the morning, red potatoes and seasoning have been added to the shopping list. Thanks Ant.

gsb239
09-29-07, 8:23 pm
Thank u BigAnt... I love sweet potato fries... definitely gonna try these.

For those of you too lazy (or too rushed) to cut... costco sells pre-cut sweet potato fries sometimes in their fresh produce section... they're raw so I imagine they should work absolutely fine for this recipe.

Northman
09-29-07, 8:23 pm
Thank you. I buy the mixed skin (different colours) small potatoes so I have more skin. I was going to switch to red if they were more nutritious. I will try them out though.

Pizzalamp
09-29-07, 8:58 pm
this is how i love to eat sweet potatoes love em!!!
i remember seeing ronnie coleman unbelievable video and hes eating french fries after cardio w/ chicken and i was dumbfounded-turns out he was doing the same thing lol

liftheavy
09-29-07, 9:45 pm
Hey, those are good! For seasonings, I use salt/pepper/garlic powder/.
If I have seasoned salt I'll use that instead of plain salt.....
I will now have to try the Old Bay seasoning you use, BigAnt. Sounds like it would taste pretty good.

BigAnt
09-30-07, 6:47 pm
Jumped on here, read this recipe, jumped off, and made some! Very good, did white potatos with Cavender's seasoning. They only needed 15 min. per side though at 400 degrees. Had them with some steak.

Thanks BigAnt!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

COOL!

Glad you liked them!

BigAnt
09-30-07, 6:48 pm
Hey, those are good! For seasonings, I use salt/pepper/garlic powder/.
If I have seasoned salt I'll use that instead of plain salt.....
I will now have to try the Old Bay seasoning you use, BigAnt. Sounds like it would taste pretty good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all good!

ForearmFreak
09-30-07, 7:34 pm
that sounds sooo good, well looks like i'm going grocery shopping!

BigAnt
09-30-07, 7:36 pm
that sounds sooo good, well looks like i'm going grocery shopping!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a bunch of them, that is how Liftheavy and I do it, last for 3-4 days in the fridge....Big Al mixes his with his chicken, cooks them together....

Madcat
09-30-07, 9:36 pm
Also, if you are like me and want things crunchy, you can use egg whites, roll the potatos after you cut them into frys in the egg whites which helps hold the seasoning as well, and then do the same, but you only have to cook these for 30 on each side.
Pretty tasty.

Bains8
04-22-09, 2:03 am
Hey I just read this older post now and I have to thank you BigAnt for a great recipe. I have been eating dry ass baked potatoes for almost 5 years now and this recipe really helped me enjoy dieting a little bit more. Thanks again peacee...

LegendKillerJosh
05-28-09, 11:22 pm

Thanks BigAnt!

Cavenders is good about on anything. I get the salt-free kind, I season burgers, chicken, vegetables, anything that shit is amazing.

rev8ball
05-28-09, 11:48 pm
Well almost...

Dry ass baked potatos...bored of them?

Try them like this....

In a Pam sprayed cookie sheet, spread out red skin-eastern potatos & yams...potatos are cut into wedge slices, big as your finger...season with Old Bay seasoning...bake in oven at 450 for 30 minutes, until potatoes are brown, flip, bake more until browned, EAT!

Each 7oz. serving is 50 grams of 'GOOD FOR YOU CARBS'

Enjoy!

I eat these right up to my show on a Saturday, minus the seasonings!

Bro, these sound sick!

I do something similar with red potatoes. I slice them in very thin circles and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and cover them with garlic, oregano, and black pepper (hey, it's the Italian in me!). Then I bake the shit out of them until they are crispy. Better that potato chips!

Mmmmm, meesa loves the CARBS!

smith06
06-25-09, 1:57 am
My mom makes these for me all the time (LOL).. She uses Mrs. Dash on the or cajun seasoning.

BigDubbDiesel
06-25-09, 6:28 pm
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs093.snc1/5129_97967825137_512125137_1895458_1753854_n.jpg

damn homie those fries were baller, yams at 98cents a pound, i could eat these all day.

thanks again, this was a real treat for me.

eat big and train hard -dubb

DaveK
06-27-09, 1:09 am
Always thinkin brother.....nice. I'll have to partake after M Nats!