New Jersey chapter..this is so unfair! LOL

naturalguy
10-15-07, 5:20 pm

Let's go, move back here!

Toni69
10-15-07, 5:22 pm
Let's go, move back here!

I know I said this before...but honestly...its gonna be sooner than you think, just not sure if its Dec soon. Im coming home..dont worry! Im looking you up too once Im there! ;)

NickSP
10-15-07, 5:27 pm
I know I said this before...but honestly...its gonna be sooner than you think, just not sure if its Dec soon. Im coming home..dont worry! Im looking you up too once Im there! ;)

If it's not Dec soon, perhaps in January...maybe you'll come in on my birthday haha

SDR
10-15-07, 5:50 pm

Agreed !

man I wish G Diesel and several others came, along with any other UK'ers and we could train at dorian yates temple gym in birmingham?

G, have you ever trained there by the way ???

Toni69
10-15-07, 5:51 pm
Agreed !

man I wish G Diesel and several others came, along with any other UK'ers and we could train at dorian yates temple gym in birmingham?

G, have you ever trained there by the way ???

that would be way cool! Not enough of us here though....UK goin' Animals I mean..LOL

SDR
10-15-07, 6:24 pm
that would be way cool! Not enough of us here though....UK goin' Animals I mean..LOL

Toni69
Myself
TheThirdEye
SpaceCowboy (havent seen him around latley)
and im sure theres a few others

who knows.....maybe one day...

Matt81
10-16-07, 11:48 am
Me and my brother (WillWest) both UK based Animals...I'm still here just been a bit busy in the last few weeks..

Toni69
10-16-07, 11:51 am
Ok..I saw these posts were deleted from the jersey thread and I totally understand why. I apologize for cluttering the Jersey thread with my unfair comment that started all this talk about a UK get together. But now they are here? This is weird! LOL

Elite
10-16-07, 12:17 pm
Im heading to the Arnold. Toni's in the Arnold (we're so proud), so if any uk animals wanna hook up for a unique experience, i suggest we head over the atlantic around that time. Obviously Toni cant train around the build up to the show with us. But i say we go support our gal, hit the cage and find a gym stateside...

ps - TheThirdEye??? LOL. Only got the name as ThirdEye was the name of the song by Tool that was playing when i signed up...

Toni69
10-16-07, 12:23 pm
Hey..I can train..anywhere..anytime!...well, not anytime obviously..cause I cant at the darn jersey gathering..you know what I mean!

ahhh....you got the Thirdeye thing..finally! LOL..Im seriously laughing now...LOL

Mobster
10-16-07, 12:39 pm
I'll post a picture of the gym I own and state now that UK 'Animals' will almost certainly like it but... I own a supplement company of my own so... Nevertheless all are welcome to come and train Animal style

Here's a dusty chalk encrusted corner of my gym: http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3959/dscf1283oy6.jpg

Note 90-kilo (198 lb EACH) discs loaded on a thick 'axle' bar, a thick handled dumbbell at back, loads of 20-kilo / 44lb discs, a power rack, more odd looking olympic bars and two strongman style lifting logs.

I also train at another gym nearby (for free due to charity work I've done) which is a little less chalk covered but probably still comes under the 'Animal' banner (see link to photo below - Louis, Neville and Malcolm in the photo might not be 'Animal' enough but the gym is). Let me know what you think.

Gymnation gym: http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7849/dscf0477ur4.jpg

Toni69
10-16-07, 12:43 pm
I'll post a picture of the gym I own and state now that UK 'Animals' will almost certainly like it but... I own a supplement company of my own so... Nevertheless all are welcome to come and train Animal style

Here's a dusty chalk encrusted corner of my gym: http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3959/dscf1283oy6.jpg

Note 90-kilo (198 lb EACH) discs loaded on a thick 'axle' bar, a thick handled dumbbell at back, loads of 20-kilo / 44lb discs, a power rack, more odd looking olympic bars and two strongman style lifting logs.

I also train at another gym nearby (for free due to charity work I've done) which is a little less chalk covered but probably still comes under the 'Animal' banner (see link to photo below - Louis, Neville and Malcolm in the photo might not be 'Animal' enough but the gym is). Let me know what you think.

Gymnation gym: http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7849/dscf0477ur4.jpg

VERY COOL!!! GUYS????

Draga
10-16-07, 12:43 pm
i konw you guys are saying that there is not enguo uk animals well im uk lol been it for ages but im movin ilnois in january to be with my fiancee so cant make no uk event saving up :p

Elite
10-16-07, 6:11 pm
Hey..I can train..anywhere..anytime!...well, not anytime obviously..cause I cant at the darn jersey gathering..you know what I mean!

ahhh....you got the Thirdeye thing..finally! LOL..Im seriously laughing now...LOL

Whats do you find sooo funny bout ThirdEye. I seriously havent taken offence, honest. Im just wondering if your associating it along the lines of, uh-hum japseye (sorry for the un-pc approach)...

I still think the Arnold Trek for the uk Animals is thee thing to do, how amazing an experience would that be..... plus we might get the chance to see that old thing called the sun, which was last seen on these shores briefly around june.

mickfootie
10-17-07, 5:33 am
Hey guys. Where abouts in the UK you thinking of meeting up?

Toni69
10-17-07, 7:35 am
Whats do you find sooo funny bout ThirdEye. I seriously havent taken offence, honest. Im just wondering if your associating it along the lines of, uh-hum japseye (sorry for the un-pc approach)...

I still think the Arnold Trek for the uk Animals is thee thing to do, how amazing an experience would that be..... plus we might get the chance to see that old thing called the sun, which was last seen on these shores briefly around june.

CHECK YOUR PM'S! I CLEARED UP THE WHOLE THIRD EYE THING FOR YA! LOL

IM DOWN FOR THE ARNOLD MEET UP..I FLY IN THE 26TH OF FEB, IN THE EVENING.

Toni69
10-17-07, 7:36 am
Hey guys. Where abouts in the UK you thinking of meeting up?

IM IN NORTHAMPTONSHIRE. I USUALLY TRAIN ON THE MILITARY BASES. FIRST OFF, HOW MANY AMERCIANS ARE STATIONED HERE? CAUSE IF THERE ARE ENOUGH, WE CAN TAKE THE OTHER GUYS ON BASE AS GUESTS. I CAN CHECK ON 6 GUESTS AT ONCE..THAT IS THE MAX.

DID YOU ALL CHECK OUT MOBSTER'S GYM? ^^^^^

Gaz UK
10-18-07, 4:20 am
Alright people!
I'm UK (surprise surprise!) and would be well up for any events over here. I don't have a computer at home so don't get on here as much as i'd like but i'll keep an eye on this and i'll be there!

Toni69
10-18-07, 4:25 am
We need to know where everyone lives and the we can go from there.

EVERYONE in the UK...tell me where you live! Im in Northamptonshire...off the A14...toward Corby. I actually live in a town called Kettering. Im close to 4 American military bases...Molesworth and Alconbury are off the A14...Lakenheath and Mildenhall are off the A11.

Im a bit of a way from London and not familiar with London at all. I only been there a couple times. I do have a GPS..so I can find my way no matter where we decide to do this. We all agree a weekend day is best right? Like a saturday?

welshwarrior
10-19-07, 6:11 am
Add me to the list, will be up for it no matter where or when...

Toni69
10-19-07, 10:53 am
let's talk location!!!! We need to figure out where everyone is and where is a good midway point for all of us to meet up; Then we can talk when.

GunnerG86
10-21-07, 8:30 am
count me in. let me know where and when and i ll be there.

Toni69
10-21-07, 9:09 am
Ok...How many of you can get to the A14 or A11?

I can take 6 people on base with me if your not already active duty military. The bases Im thinking are either RAF Mildenhall, RAF Lakenheath or RAF Alconbury. I do not belong to any gyms locally. The only gym that looked cool so far was the one Mobster posted earlier in this thread..not sure where it is though.

Mobster
10-22-07, 6:56 am
Gloucester (post code GL1 4HQ). If you google earth it it's the big white looking warehouse.

Gaz UK
10-22-07, 8:45 am
I'm up in Lancashire but i have sat nav and can travel to pretty much anywhere. Gloucester would be good tho

Toni69
10-22-07, 11:35 am
Ok cause my post code is NN16 9XD...gonna have to see where you both are cause Im not familiar with your areas.

mickfootie
10-23-07, 10:47 am
I'm in South Yorkshire. Rotherham to be precise just off the M18. If you can get a good point of contact i would love to train with some of you Animals for sure. :)

Toni69
10-23-07, 10:52 am
Gloucester (post code GL1 4HQ). If you google earth it it's the big white looking warehouse.

Ok..your about 1 hr 45min from me.

Mobster
10-26-07, 2:48 pm
We have a bunch of stuff - mostly strongman equipment. The other gym is all of five mins away though (10 walking). My unit is packed on Saturdays as lads from all over come to use some of the more specialized items and I do a little coaching of the juniors (wanna be strongmen). Sundays or a bank holiday Monday would be good. The other gym has restricted hours but our yard does not. Depending on how many came we could set up a session away from the usual group (ie: at a different time).

Toni69
10-26-07, 2:51 pm
We have a bunch of stuff - mostly strongman equipment. The other gym is all of five mins away though (10 walking). My unit is packed on Saturdays as lads from all over come to use some of the more specialized items and I do a little coaching of the juniors (wanna be strongmen). Sundays or a bank holiday Monday would be good. The other gym has restricted hours but our yard does not. Depending on how many came we could set up a session away from the usual group (ie: at a different time).

Unfortuantely Mobster, we cannot utilize your facilities due to the fact you own a supplement company...kinda conflict of interest since this whole thing is organized by Universal..you understand?

We need to meet halfway someplace to get this rolling cause we are all scattered all over the place here.

Mobster
10-26-07, 4:43 pm
S'up to Universal and I sell products which they do not and vice versa. But the offer was there.

welshwarrior
10-29-07, 2:51 pm
I live in south wales (swansea) but will be willing to travel anywhere, Im really excited about this. I hope we can get something sorted out by X-mas.
Just a thought, why dont we use Temple gym...very hardcore and has everything...including Dorian

Toni69
10-29-07, 6:10 pm
Ok...this is it...Temple gym? I will drive anywhere..I just want to get together before my diet starts to really kick my ass...LOL

I say before xmas...early Dec??? Before kids break from school???

SDR
10-29-07, 7:03 pm
Temple Gym in B'ham would be cool
considering i dont start any new job at the time, I will be there

Gaz UK
10-30-07, 5:04 am
Temple Gym would be amazing to train at and i'd definitely be up for it..... However, am i right in thinking Dorian owns the gym? If he does then we have the conflict of interest situation again as he also owns his own supplement company.

Toni69
10-30-07, 5:15 am
Ok...everyone in for Temple..sign your name in ghostly white please! LOL
Also state when is best for you to train. Im goin with early Dec..before the holidays start getting nuts. Does a saturday work for you all? And..Im not an early morning wo person..I prefer 1130-12ish time frame or later...

Start talking so we can show these Stateside Animals what we are all about here in the UK!

Gaz UK
10-31-07, 6:48 am
Yep, i'm in.
Saturday early in December sounds fine, around 12 or 1 would be best to give me time to get down there. My training partner would probably be up for it too.

Toni69
10-31-07, 6:51 am
Ok...keep it goin....who else is down to train with me and Gaz early Dec???

If your wanting to train with me..I suggest you check out my new journey and observe my style of training...just to give you a heads up on what I do and how I do it.

Mobster
10-31-07, 3:15 pm
As per the post above Dorian owns his own supplement company like I do and so Universal will not like it. Or have Universal changed their mind?

Toni69
10-31-07, 3:20 pm
As per the post above Dorian owns his own supplement company like I do and so Universal will not like it. Or have Universal changed their mind?

We are goin to Temple in B'ham. You in???

Toni69
10-31-07, 5:36 pm
How does Dec 15, saturday afternoon at Temple Gym in B'ham sound to everyone?

I have myself
Gaz UK
welshwarrior
GunnerG86
SDR (maybe??)

who else????

Temple Gym
16 Temple Pass Temple Street
Birmingham
B2 5BY

Telephone: 01216437964
This is the right place, right??

This isnt Dorian Yates place, is it?

welshwarrior
11-02-07, 2:13 pm
Yeah that is Dorians place but i cant see much of a problem using it... I'm not that politically minded with Universal and other supps companies lol. Early Dec fine with me although January would be better as work is really busy in December, I need to know a date tho so I can book it off work (I'll probably take two days off and stay a night). I was Planning a pilgrimage to Temple Gym anyway so this works out great.

Toni69
11-02-07, 2:37 pm
Yeah that is Dorians place but i cant see much of a problem using it... I'm not that politically minded with Universal and other supps companies lol. Early Dec fine with me although January would be better as work is really busy in December, I need to know a date tho so I can book it off work (I'll probably take two days off and stay a night). I was Planning a pilgrimage to Temple Gym anyway so this works out great.

Ok...I dont think we can go to Temple cause remember, this is sponsored by Universal..there is a conflict of interest being Dorian Yates has his own supp line and probably sells it at Temple.

Ok...back to the drawing board...think of another place. Im not familiar with any local gyms cause I train on the military bases here.

Ideas guys???

welshwarrior
11-02-07, 6:03 pm
Kinda at a loss for ideas right now, I am willing to travel anywhere just to work out with one other animal so I dont mind who comes or where. I'll try to find a central gym for us all, ie, central England, London. But in the meantime if anyone stills wants to do a smaller training session or something then we can try to sort out 3 different locations (England, Wales,Scotland) to ease travel expenses and also take alot of pressure of finding a gym for like 10 people.

Elite
11-02-07, 6:21 pm
I hope this materialises, would be great for you lot to link and train for the UK chapter. Im off to Ireland from mid november to mid december, so im gonna wait it out and hit the Arnold classic in feb.

I know Arnold lived and trained here in Essex and im trying to find out which one it was using google, might be Golds gym in Dagenham, Essex.

I found this one which looks pretty well equiped for your consideration. I wont be able to attend, but i'll do my best to help you all.

welshwarrior
11-02-07, 6:28 pm
Arnold trained in Wag Bennets gym which i think may have closed, thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it and I'm sure the others do also, btw i wish I was going to the Arnold lol. Thanks again Thirdeye

Elite
11-02-07, 6:37 pm
Sorry, forgot to post this link in my above post...
http://www.24hrgym.co.uk/about-24hr-gym/

welshwarrior
11-03-07, 12:57 pm
Now thats a nice gym... anyone else wanna use it? if yes then reply here and i'll give them a ring asap.

Toni69
11-03-07, 1:56 pm
Ok..Im in!

Toni69
11-03-07, 2:51 pm
Where is that gym located? Is there more than one location?

SDR
11-03-07, 3:29 pm
Temple Gym would have been perfect!
Im sure Universal will let us hold it there (promise I wont buy any of dorians products! lol)
I mean seriously, his gym is hardcore basement I doubt hes gona have shelves off his own shit - he only does like 3 different products anyway.....

please lets reconsider!

Toni69
11-03-07, 4:59 pm
Im sure Universal will let us hold it there (promise I wont buy any of dorians products! lol)
I mean seriously, his gym is hardcore basement I doubt hes gona have shelves off his own shit - he only does like 3 different products anyway.....

please lets reconsider!

let me bring it up to G and see what he says ....back in a jiffy! LOL

Lethal_Banana
11-04-07, 8:35 am
Oo, now I might have to drag my lazy ass to the UK (yet again) :)

Please keep me posted!

Cheers,
LB

Mobster
11-04-07, 4:40 pm
I mean seriously, his gym is hardcore basement I doubt hes gonna have shelves off his own shit - he only does like 3 different products anyway.....

please lets reconsider!

Not to put too fine a point on it. If they wont go for mine it hardly seems ok to suggest an even bigger company and name.

G Diesel
11-05-07, 9:37 am
Not to put too fine a point on it. If they wont go for mine it hardly seems ok to suggest an even bigger company and name.

Temple is the iconic gym of a great champion... That place emanates the Animal aesthetic. That said, Mobster's point is a valid one. Peace, G

welshwarrior
11-06-07, 11:15 am
Ok, I guess that settles it. We'll use the 24hr gym third eye found for us. I'll give them a ring tomorrow in the PM to see if they can accomodate our needs and what we will need to do, pay, bring etc.
So lets talk dates and who's comin'

Toni69
11-06-07, 11:17 am
I can do this early dec, wkd...not too early in the morning either.

Im standing by for word on gym details and whoever else plans to meet up.

welshwarrior
11-07-07, 11:29 am
Okay guys and gals, I have booked off the aforementioned date of the 15 Dec (that OK Toni?) so I'm about to ring the gym and will post back about 7ish.
Everyone ok with Dec 15? (ive booked off the 14th,15,16,17)

Toni69
11-07-07, 12:00 pm
Okay guys and gals, I have booked off the aforementioned date of the 15 Dec (that OK Toni?) so I'm about to ring the gym and will post back about 7ish.
Everyone ok with Dec 15? (ive booked off the 14th,15,16,17)

sounds good to me..verify that address too please..then we can settle on times.

welshwarrior
11-07-07, 12:22 pm
I've just got off the phone to them and the gent I spoke to said he'd need to get the owner to ring me back to organise something solid, but he said he didn't see why us using the gym would be a problem so long as there are no more than 10 of us lol (kinda unlikely).
So heres what we have so far:-
24hr gym, which is just off the M4 in Swindon,
http://www.24hrgym.co.uk/about-24hr-gym/
The date is set as December the 15th,
The owner of the gym is going to ring me back to confirm if we can use it

So it looks like we are gathering steam

welshwarrior
11-07-07, 2:26 pm
Oh by the way I need a definite list of people so i know how many people are coming to tell the owner....
So far only me and toni69 are ok with the date and place, anyone else?

Lethal_Banana
11-14-07, 8:27 am
Come on guys! Is this thing still on?

Cheers,
LB

WeeMan
12-07-07, 8:39 am
hah bet everyone is in england. i live in edinburgh, dont mind traveling though.

1skinnyassedrunt
12-07-07, 9:31 am
i konw you guys are saying that there is not enguo uk animals well im uk lol been it for ages but im movin ilnois in january to be with my fiancee so cant make no uk event saving up :p

Im from the Uk as well

Toni69
12-08-07, 2:59 pm
Im bumping this thread as my last call on this. Im not gonna be able to have time to do this because now its really short on time and there wasnt a good follow up here at all from the other members. I have my show Im currently prepping for and once I get back from the Arnold..Im moving back to New York. I would like to see this still go down with you guys and perhaps if you all get serious about it, (cause you see what a blast the other ABC gatherings are having), then I may be able to meet up with you all..but I need to see that you all are dam serious about it.

Peace,
Toni

Toni69
01-11-08, 1:39 pm
Ok...WeeMan and I have been chatting and you all know Im down to the end of my show prep here coming into 6 weeks out. Im willing to give this another go and if I cant make it before my show...Weeman is def down to take care of business in the UK...so...gimme a yay or a nay...cause I dont have all day! hahahahahaha!

WeeMan
01-11-08, 1:43 pm
maaaaaan i wouldnt know where to start!! my gym is closing, so im changing gyms at the end of february. and im positive all the UK Animals are in england so it would be better for one of them to arrange it.

if anyone would find it easier for a smaller group to meet i could probably organise that.

sanga
01-30-08, 4:48 pm
I`m from the UK too, berkshire, I know Mobster, good lad and strong too.

Did anything ever get sorted out with this meet?

WeeMan
01-30-08, 5:59 pm
naa no1 replied haha, its a shame cos thers loads of UK animals!

Toni69
01-31-08, 2:41 am
if you guys wanna come to one of my bases..Im still down with getting together..but I dont have time to drive to London to meet up. I have so much running around to do in a day and I have my kid on the weekends, plus training...so right now a drive to London takes too much out of my day. You guys should still meet up regardless and I can post pics for you guys..or your welcome to come to my neck of the woods..no doubt. Plus my gyms here are so private...nobody will be in our way. I can take you to RAF Molesworth or RAF Alconbury off the A14. Molesworth is where I train regularly...but Alconbury is way nicer.

Elite
02-09-08, 8:24 am
Ok, im all clear for the year, im now IN. Lets get this rolling for somewhere between March-April. I've noticed a stronger presence on here from our kneck of the woods, so lets make it happen.

Plus i will be going to the cage, so anyone with a DEFINITE interest and intention on attending this ABC, make yourself heard and i will do my best to bring you all a lil something back from ohio.

Toni69
02-09-08, 8:39 am
well..you know I will be at the cage at some point as well...the only thing is I wont be in the UK for much longer once I get back here after the Arnold wkd..but I would still love to see you guys put something together and represent the forvm..with or without me.

Elite
02-09-08, 8:48 am
well..you know I will be at the cage at some point as well...the only thing is I wont be in the UK for much longer once I get back here after the Arnold wkd..but I would still love to see you guys put something together and represent the forvm..with or without me.

I'll sculpt a lifelike lifesize effigy of you during the arnold weekend if you dont mind holding a pose for an hour or so, bring it back with me, then plonk it next to the animal banner. The group does a bow in front the banner and the toni statue, then the ABC begins.....

Toni69
02-09-08, 8:50 am
I'll sculpt a lifelike lifesize effigy of you during the arnold weekend if you dont mind holding a pose for an hour or so, bring it back with me, then plonk it next to the animal banner. The group does a bow in front the banner and the toni statue, then the ABC begins.....

LOL..whaaaaaat? LOL...dont be getting all weird on me man...a lifesize effigy huh? LOL

Elite
02-09-08, 8:56 am
LOL..whaaaaaat? LOL...dont be getting all weird on me man...a lifesize effigy huh? LOL

Ok, just a picture of you holding your winners trophy will have to do then.

Toni69
02-09-08, 9:05 am
Ok, just a picture of you holding your winners trophy will have to do then.

LOL..your so funny...Im joking with you..its cool either way.

panzerwagen
02-21-08, 4:39 pm
Just returning to see if there might be any ABC event coming up in march? Anything planned at all?

cheers

Toni69
02-21-08, 4:41 pm
I would like to do this. March will work for me since I will be back from my show then. Can you guys try and organize something so when I get back I can just hop on your bandwagon? CMON!!!!!

jer
02-21-08, 7:18 pm
You guys better get on this soon, cuz you're gonna loose Toni after she's back to this side of the pond. You'll kick yourselves if you let this opportunity to train with Toni pass by.

So, someone take charge and get things happening.

panzerwagen
02-22-08, 6:03 am
I'm visiting London March 13-16, and I will bring some training gear and join you if you get something going in London during that weekend. It would be awesome to do this while getting away from Sweden for a few days.. a splendid way to spend time on vacation!

/panzer

SDR
02-22-08, 6:20 am
lets drop a few possible locations then

Im free most of march (out to florida) for the rest but would like to see something happen, and of course attend!

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 9:42 am
Let's get this chapter off the ground. We've got a great distributor over in England who can potentially give you people support. The U.K. is well represented on the Forvm, so there's no reason why this can't happen... What do ya'll need?

sanga
03-11-08, 10:03 am
Everything available in the USA shop available in the UK.

sanga
03-11-08, 10:06 am
Well we have this so far and its all good, universal nutition too.

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=HAVQNUIFFIRATZHJYCJFAMOR&product=&brand=109&category=&goal=&code=

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=HAVQNUIFFIRATZHJYCJFAMOR&product=&brand=25&category=&goal=&code=

Thanks U-REP.

Toni69
03-11-08, 10:22 am
I can do this before April 12th and after April 22nd cause I will be on holiday in Hawaii with my kid. I really wanna do this with you guys so let's get a date either before I leave or after...PLEASE!!!!!

Elite
03-11-08, 10:55 am
Definately. Over the past couple months theres been a wave of memebers joining from the Uk. We have at least 10 now. Im in for April time, plus i'll get that pic with Toni that i missed in Ohio.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 10:56 am
I'll talk to Corporate about trying to get in touch with all registered members from the U.K... Sit tight and stay tuned.

In the meantime, let's get this thing organized and off the ground.

panzerwagen
03-11-08, 11:12 am
Damn, I suppose there is no possibility of getting this done during the upcoming weekend?

Toni69
03-11-08, 11:20 am
that could be a possibility actually...but I may have to take my son with me. Well, I think we have to wait for corporate's side first.

J-Dawg
03-11-08, 11:21 am
I'll talk to Corporate about trying to get in touch with all registered members from the U.K... Sit tight and stay tuned.

In the meantime, let's get this thing organized and off the ground.

Mass email sent out to all UK members. Let's see what we can do.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 11:21 am
Mass email sent out to all UK members. Let's see what we can do.

Nice. Big J is in the house.

panzerwagen
03-11-08, 11:24 am
that could be a possibility actually...but I may have to take my son with me.

Are you kidding me? Hell, if something happens in London during the weekend I'll be there, no matter what! I'll leave Sweden on thursday morning, so for me it would be great to know about it before.. what the hell.. I'll bring my stuff anyway just in case..

Toni69
03-11-08, 11:32 am
I train delts and tri's sat too...this sat may be too short notice, especially since this wkd and all of next week I have my kid with me. The following is def do-able if you guys just tell me which gym cause Im not too familiar with London as far as gyms are concerned.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 11:34 am
This is the "London" England ABC chapter right?

Toni69
03-11-08, 11:35 am
Yes Sir! (Im assuming your a sir, LOL) I dont live in London...but Im not far either.

panzerwagen
03-11-08, 11:38 am
I train delts and tri's sat too...this sat may be too short notice, especially since this wkd and all of next week I have my kid with me. The following is def do-able if you guys just tell me which gym cause Im not too familiar with London as far as gyms are concerned.

Ok. Well, since I'm from Sweden I don't know any gyms in London either. I guess it's a bit short notice on this one (in London March 13-16), but I'll wait and see.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 11:40 am
Yes Sir! (Im assuming your a sir, LOL) I dont live in London...but Im not far either.

Your first assumption...

Cool on the London part.

Matt81
03-11-08, 11:52 am
Just recieved the email regarding training with you guys. I haven't been active on the forum but I'm still training. I'd be up for training in the next couple of weeks.
I'm based in near aylesbury, which is close to the M40 and M25, and about an hour from London.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.
thanks
Matt

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 11:53 am
Just recieved the email regarding training with you guys. I haven't been active on the forum but I'm still training. I'd be up for training in the next couple of weeks.
I'm based in near aylesbury, which is close to the M40 and M25, and about an hour from London.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.
thanks
Matt

Nice. Welcome to the London ABC Chapter bro. Let's see what we can do to get this baby off the ground...

Toni69
03-11-08, 11:56 am
I honestly think London will be the best meeting point for everyone...a bit of a drive for some but we can most likely find a decent gym there and def a good place to eat afterwards too. It doesnt have to be directly in London either, but it prob should be centralized around that area since its a big city and all.

I live in Kettering and there isnt anything worth a damn here as far as gyms go. I train on the American bases and I have suggested you guys coming this way and I can take 6 of you as guests on the base. However, if there is a security issue going on that day out of the blue, then it could be a waste of a trip...so London area may be the best bet.

What gyms are over there? Anyone????

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 12:03 pm
Glad to see this baby's moving along... Find a gym and pick a date. It ain't about the gym or where you eat. It's about getting together and building communities. That's what ABCs are all about.

speedwing
03-11-08, 12:09 pm
Well i'm from London, so would definitely be up for this! Let me know the plans, and I'll be there!

Toni69
03-11-08, 12:12 pm
Im checking the search engine now for gyms in London...

http://www.sohogyms.com/?page=borough

that one looks cool and can accomodate our group....maybe? LOL

found this too:

http://www.thefitmap.co.uk/healthclubs/elite/london/index.htm

Toni69
03-11-08, 12:16 pm
http://www.timeout.com/london/features/4064/London-s_50_best_gyms_and_fitness_centres.html

ok guys near and dear to London...help me out here.

Ed_UK
03-11-08, 12:17 pm
yeah buddy!

meet up would be sweet as!

just make sure it isnt too soon, otherwise ill still be on baby weights haha

Ed :)

Toni69
03-11-08, 12:18 pm
yeah buddy!

meet up would be sweet as!

just make sure it isnt too soon, otherwise ill still be on baby weights haha

baby weights huh? Cool...Im only getting back into the swing of things myself cause I just did a show. I hope we can do this before April 12th.

Ed_UK
03-11-08, 12:24 pm
http://www.musclelimitgym.com/index.htm

there ya go, cheers for the heads up, ill have to see whether I can make it though

cheers, Ed

Toni69
03-11-08, 12:30 pm

there ya go, cheers for the heads up, ill have to see whether I can make it though

cheers, Ed

that looks cool..about an hour and 20 min from me. Let's see what everyone else says.

sanga
03-11-08, 12:32 pm
that looks cool..about an hour and 20 min from me. Let's see what everyone else says.

That does look good.

Elite
03-11-08, 12:37 pm

cheers, Ed

That does look good and 24hr. Prob a better bet than the 'Soho gym', lol. No chance of bumping into topless guys wearing ties in that place.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 12:40 pm
That does look good and 24hr. Prob a better bet than the 'Soho gym', lol. No chance of bumping into topless guys wearing ties in that place.

Congrats on the avatar "upgrade", T... Between the two of you coordinating London, you should make this thing happen. Let me know how I can help.

MedusaThrills
03-11-08, 12:48 pm
I hear there are some HARDCORE ones in Croydon, just out of london, that Mr.Britain trains/trained at.
Then there is bodyheat is caterham which is the best gym ive ever been too. MASSIVE WEIGHTS and a few guys in there with 22" arms etc

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 12:51 pm
Good to see a fire lit up under this one. Gonna be a nice headcount, for sure...

Elite
03-11-08, 12:53 pm
Congrats on the avatar "upgrade", T... Between the two of you coordinating London, you should make this thing happen. Let me know how I can help.

Damn, no chance of me backing out then lol. I thought Toni was our girl. Im definately determined to see this happen and to represent Animal in England and vice versa. I've been trying to spread the word of Universal/Animal for some time over here and i have noticed a few people at my gym, who always gave me funny looks when taking scoops from my Storm/ Eaa Stack, have now started using them. I used to purposely leave them on show, whilst i popped to the toilets, haha, it worked.

Now i wanna show what us guys/girls can do. Lets all get on this and make it happen. By april 12th, or after april 22nd, so we can get Toni in on this. I say april 22nd onwards....

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 12:55 pm
Damn, no chance of me backing out then lol.

None whatsoever.

jer
03-11-08, 1:04 pm
Looks like this is gaining some steam.

Good luck guys and gals.

Don't forget to take pictures.

Toni69
03-11-08, 1:43 pm
oh...Im taking my professional Nikon to this one for sure.

Let's get a head count first...then we will settle on the date...Im guessing soho gym is out..hahahaha! I was just searching and posting whatever I found online..LOL...too funny

We should and will be sporting all Animal gear no doubt! let em look and stare! Once we get a headcount, I can call this gym and talk to the manager and see what can be arranged or what we need to know about this place, the muscle limit gym.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 1:45 pm
Gonna do what I can to help you recruit for the London ABCs... Stay tuned.

Elite
03-11-08, 1:46 pm
oh...Im taking my professional Nikon to this one for sure.

Let's get a head count first...then we will settle on the date...Im guessing soho gym is out..hahahaha! I was just searching and posting whatever I found online..LOL...too funny

We should and will be sporting all Animal gear no doubt! let em look and stare! Once we get a headcount, I can call this gym and talk to the manager and see what can be arranged or what we need to know about this place, the muscle limit gym.

Im thinkin post hawaii, how bout you? 22nd onwards...

Matt81
03-11-08, 1:47 pm
Nice. Welcome to the London ABC Chapter bro. Let's see what we can do to get this baby off the ground...

Thanks, it would be good to find some other animals, I'm sure they're out there, hiding in caves and lifting up rocks...

As another suggestion for gyms to train at, there is an excellent place in Luton, Bedfordshire (abuot 45min from London) called Olympic Gym. It's on Guildford street for anyone that knows the area. It's possible to train for a one off for about £3-5 can't remember exactly. They have some excellent powerlifters and bodybuilders there. Excellent training.

Elite
03-11-08, 1:48 pm
Lutons getting closer to me, keep 'em coming.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 1:51 pm
Thanks, it would be good to find some other animals, I'm sure they're out there, hiding in caves and lifting up rocks...

As another suggestion for gyms to train at, there is an excellent place in Luton, Bedfordshire (abuot 45min from London) called Olympic Gym. It's on Guildford street for anyone that knows the area. It's possible to train for a one off for about £3-5 can't remember exactly. They have some excellent powerlifters and bodybuilders there. Excellent training.

The ABC Coordinators should be paying attention, M...

Toni69
03-11-08, 1:52 pm
Lutons getting closer to me, keep 'em coming.

Lutons sounds awesome. We do need to find a gym that will accomodate our style of lifting. I dont want to deal with managers and the no grunting, no deadlift shit.

If you guys wanna do this after my Hawaii trip, that's fine but dont go and get together while Im in Hawaii...I will not be a happy girl if I hear about that! LOL..I wont bring you all gifts from Hawaii either! LOL

Sohan
03-11-08, 1:53 pm
Would be a good idea to use Fitness first?

A lot of people are members, and their membership can be used at their gyms through out the UK right?

Also, those who aren't members can get print out one day passes for free :P

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 1:56 pm
Would be a good idea to use Fitness first?

A lot of people are members, and their membership can be used at their gyms through out the UK right?

Also, those who aren't members can get print out one day passes for free :P

Not a bad idea, S.

What does everyone think?

Training in a typical "hardcore" gym, Animal style is sweet, but let's face it... In the States, they are becoming a rarer and rarer breed. What matters here is getting together and crushing the iron.

Toni69
03-11-08, 1:57 pm
Not a bad idea, S.

What does everyone think?

Training in a typical "hardcore" gym, Animal style is sweet, but let's face it... In the States, they are becoming a rarer and rarer breed. What matters here is getting together and crushing the iron.

Fitness first by me has db's that only go up to 40lbs....hence why Im NOT a member there.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 1:59 pm
Fitness first by me has db's that only go up to 40lbs....hence why Im NOT a member there.

Well that settles it...

Sohan

Both of the clubs near me have dumbells that go from 2kg -> 50kg. They have more than 1 of each too.

I'm not a member either, but I may join.

Universal Rep
Both of the clubs near me have dumbells that go from 2kg -> 50kg. They have more than 1 of each too.

Rebuttal, T?

Sohan
03-11-08, 2:00 pm
Rebuttal, T?

What's that mean :P?

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:01 pm
LOL...this is why Kettering sucks! LOL

I dont care where we train! LOL....c'mon!!!! LOL

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:01 pm
What's that mean :P?

Means you've thrown down the gauntlet and are awaiting Toni's reply...

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:02 pm
LOL...this is why Kettering sucks! LOL

I dont care where we train! LOL....c'mon!!!! LOL

Between you and ThirdEye, get the options together and make a choice, T...

Elite
03-11-08, 2:03 pm
Yep, for Fitness First, read LA Fitness...... The comedy club, where i train. More a cardio/aerobic saloon than a gym. I think we should def do this post Toni Hawaii, 22nd onwards. We wont do it without you sis.

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:05 pm
LA Fitness really sucks for sure. OK...I get back from Hawaii on tues the 22nd of April...lets shoot for that wkd? that would be saturday, April 26th. How is that guys?...and I will be nice and tan too...LOL, sorry. LOL

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:06 pm
Yep, for Fitness First, read LA Fitness...... The comedy club, where i train. More a cardio/aerobic saloon than a gym. I think we should def do this post Toni Hawaii, 22nd onwards. We wont do it without you sis.

LA Fitness really sucks for sure. OK...I get back from Hawaii on tues the 22nd of April...lets shoot for that wkd? that would be saturday, April 26th. How is that guys?

You can always pick a date for March and another for April.

Sohan
03-11-08, 2:06 pm

What is the planned date or dates in mind? I have exams til mid June.

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:07 pm
You can always pick a date for March and another for April.

yes..true...leave it to the Universal rep to make this more indecisive for us! LOL

I can do before my trip guys...not this wkd but next works cause I will have someone to watch my kid then too.

March 22nd, sat???
April 26th, sat???

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:08 pm
yes..true...leave it to the Universal rep to make this more indecisive for us! LOL

I can do before my trip guys...not this wkd but next works cause I will have someone to watch my kid then too.

If I'm gonna work through Corporate to support this one, all of you better make it worthwhile, hahaha...

Sohan
03-11-08, 2:13 pm
What exactly is planned and what is going to happen there? I have no clue, I'm new to this myself.

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:16 pm
March 22nd, sat???
April 26th, sat???

Elite
03-11-08, 2:18 pm
Im real bizzy through march with work and other commitments. Im down for April 26th onwards.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:19 pm
What exactly is planned and what is going to happen there? I have no clue, I'm new to this myself.

It's an opportunity to lift with like minded people and then share a meal with them. Training and eating, no two better ways to build bridges. Corporate supports it with an Animal banner, which everyone signs. PIctures are taken and put into the Gallery section. Samples and other goodies are sent to all those who participate. As a show of solidarity, all ABC goers wear an Animal item. If they do, they get an Animal Iconic T on the house.

Hope this helps.

Elite
03-11-08, 2:22 pm
And i have....

1 yellow iconic T, 1 Red iconic T, 2 Cage T's and 2 Animal Hockey Jerseys to lend out to whoever attends, minus Animal attire.

Universal Rep
03-11-08, 2:24 pm
And i have....

1 yellow iconic T, 1 Red iconic T, 2 Cage T's and 2 Animal Hockey Jerseys to lend out to whoever attends, minus Animal attire.

Yeah, the Animal shirt thing might be a problem if they're not readily available in England.

Thanks for the generosity. If anyone needs an Animal search, speak up. I'll see what I can do about this...

Sohan
03-11-08, 2:25 pm
I can do anything June 12+.

These are key exams for me, and I really can't afford to not revise.

I have no Animal gear. The shop I get my stuff from sells no clothing.

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:26 pm
ok...lets settle for April 26th....after my trip.

who can make it, who has animal gear and is this Lutons gym a good meeting point for everyone?

Start answering so we can move foward with this. I like planning ahead and I want this to happen and all of us set on it as a team.

Toni69
03-11-08, 2:27 pm
I can do anything June 12+.

These are key exams for me, and I really can't afford to not revise.

I have no Animal gear. The shop I get my stuff from sells no clothing.

you cant take a sat in April? I will have classes and exams too and a sat is do-able for me.

Sohan
03-11-08, 3:52 pm
you cant take a sat in April? I will have classes and exams too and a sat is do-able for me.

I'll speak to some friends tomorrow and see what I can do. Didn't know it was on Saturday. Checked my exam sheet, and it's 2 weeks before my first exam. Should be good for stress relief ;)

SDR
03-11-08, 4:06 pm
you guys definatly sort this ABC out, uk needs one.
Been down with the 'A' for years, and this forum since its birth but damn, I have wrist surgery (both) early April and wont make this. But hopefully its the first of many

sanga
03-11-08, 4:56 pm
April 26th is good for me so far.

Excellent lets get this on :)

Sohan
03-11-08, 5:01 pm
What times? Also how far is it from the train station? We'd have to train it down, can't drive (yet :P) I hope it's not far, because train station -> gym is a walk for us.

sanga
03-11-08, 5:29 pm
So can we add to the list, just add your name and reply.

Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69

Matt81
03-11-08, 5:47 pm
What times? Also how far is it from the train station? We'd have to train it down, can't drive (yet :P) I hope it's not far, because train station -> gym is a walk for us.

The gym in Luton is literally next door to the train station. You walk down the steps, turn left walk about 100yds and you're there. couldn't be easier!

Also, with regard to the fitness first/la fitness issue, one of the guys in the gym was heard to shout 'Who's put the 80kg dumbells away....THIS ISN'T LA FITNESS!' I miss it there!

there's no need for a membership or induction, you can just turn up and train.

Toni, they definetly don't mind deadlifting there, Jake and Terry O'Neil both train there, pretty decent deadlifters in their own right. I'm not sure if they train saturdays, but it's probably a good thing if they don't as there will be some disc left for everyone else!

Sohan
03-11-08, 5:51 pm
That's great then. Whats the cost to get in? Any need for ID or anything as such?

Elite
03-11-08, 5:59 pm
you guys definatly sort this ABC out, uk needs one.
Been down with the 'A' for years, and this forum since its birth but damn, I have wrist surgery (both) early April and wont make this. But hopefully its the first of many

Train legs. Do everything apart from squats. They may even have a hack squat there, look into it, would be good to see you there.

Matt81
03-11-08, 6:38 pm
That's great then. Whats the cost to get in? Any need for ID or anything as such?

Last time I trained there it was about £3 to train for a one off, maybe a little more, but maximum £5. You don't need any ID, there's no induction, just pay your money and train. I'll double check all this for you, but as far as I know it still applies.

Train legs. Do everything apart from squats. They may even have a hack squat there, look into it, would be good to see you there.

They have a hack squat, two 45 degree leg presses, two power racks, a squat stand and a weird upside down leg press, plus all the usual hamstring curl, leg extension, horizontal leg press etc.

For those not on the leg agenda, there are three flat benches, two incline benches, one decline bench, dip bars, chin up bars, various movable flat benches, smith machine, deadlift matting, dumbells up to 70-80kg, basically anything free weight you want they've got, plus a range of machines upstairs if you like that sort of thing.

Changing facilities are limited, I'm not even sure if there's a ladies changing room... best come ready to train, there are lockers to store stuff in though.

this is the address and phone number if you want to check out the location
32 Guildford St
Luton, LU1 2NR, United Kingdom
01582 488111

Elite
03-11-08, 6:45 pm
They have a hack squat, two 45 degree leg presses, two power racks, a squat stand and a weird upside down leg press, plus all the usual hamstring curl, leg extension, horizontal leg press etc.

For those not on the leg agenda, there are three flat benches, two incline benches, one decline bench, dip bars, chin up bars, various movable flat benches, smith machine, deadlift matting, dumbells up to 70-80kg, basically anything free weight you want they've got, plus a range of machines upstairs if you like that sort of thing.

2 power racks! My gym doesnt even have one. It sounds like a great gym, its got the lot. I think we have a winner!

big_dai
03-12-08, 2:39 am
sadly i cant get down, i live in sunny (errrr...) old wales so its a bit of a trek.

if anyone at any time fancies a session in the wrexham area let me know, we got a good gym goin on up here. jus watch out for our sheep!!

D

big_dai
03-12-08, 2:44 am
actually im completely lying....... april 26th i can make it sure thing, i can bring 2 of my training partners too..... sadly no animal gear cos im a poor student and everyone should feel sorry for me (only kidding bou the feeling sorry bit) add me on to it brothers

D

Toni69
03-12-08, 3:21 am
This is fantastic guys...thanks for all the info! This is great info and sounds like just the type of gym we are looking for too!

So we have:

April 26, saturday at Luton's Gym
32 Guildford street
Luton, LU1 2NR
01582 48811

Sanga (+2)
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
big_dai
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81

keep em coming...once we get a few more add-ons and/or a definite headcount I can call the manager and tell him/her we are coming to train Animal style! YAY!

Elite
03-12-08, 3:54 am
All gets my vote. Any place with a few power racks sets the standard. Sounds like a haven. And there was me thinking Luton was a shithole all these years.

I know we can get a few more here, theres a few English on this board that can still come out of the dark.

Matt81
03-12-08, 6:31 am
This is fantastic guys...thanks for all the info! This is great info and sounds like just the type of gym we are looking for too!

So we have:

32 Guildford street
Luton, LU1 2NR
01582 48811

I might have not made it clear in my other posts, but I think the actual gym name is 'Olympic Gym' that's what it's listed in on the internet directories, when I trained there I think it was called Powercraft. Just in case people are looking for any info about it on the net, although I think it is fairly limited anyway... Address etc is correct.
There's the station nearby and also a large multi stiry within walking distance for anyone driving down.

All gets my vote. Any place with a few power racks sets the standard. Sounds like a haven. And there was me thinking Luton was a shithole all these years.

I know we can get a few more here, theres a few English on this board that can still come out of the dark.

I thought that about Luton too, then I lived there for a year and had the best training I 've ever experienced. It's the saving grace of Luton! I'll try and get over there at some point to check if it's still the same as last time I went (only september, so should be ok).

JimmyH
03-12-08, 7:29 am
Damn, I can't believe there's something good about Luton! I'll hopefully be about for that weekend, although it does depend on work commitments.

J

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 8:10 am

So we have:

32 Guildford street
Luton, LU1 2NR
01582 48811

Sanga (+2)
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
big_dai
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81

keep em coming...once we get a few more add-ons and/or a definite headcount I can call the manager and tell him/her we are coming to train Animal style! YAY!

Sweet. Nice work, T... I knew you could get this thing together will a little push.

sanga
03-12-08, 8:13 am
Anyone know about car parking at the gym, as in is there enough?

Not got an Animal T for the event either. :(

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 8:15 am

Get me an accurate headcount from T or T and I'll see what I can do about some shirts...

sanga
03-12-08, 8:16 am
You`re da man, :)

Looking good for 8 at moment but we have plenty of time to get another dozen hopefully.

Come on UK!

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 8:18 am
You`re da man, :)

Looking good for 8 at moment but we have plenty of time to get another dozen hopefully.

Come on UK!

Here's how the ABCs work, fellas... You gotta pick up some Animal Gear. Wear it to the event, take pics. Those who do, get an Iconic T as a sign of solidarity. We'll have to figure something out...

sanga
03-12-08, 8:19 am
Wear it to the event??? I`m gonna wear mine till it falls off my back, lol

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 8:20 am
Wear it to the event??? I`m gonna wear mine till it falls off my back, lol

That's the right attitude, S...

G Diesel
03-12-08, 8:29 am
I've met ThirdEye and Toni in real life, and I have to be honest, the British ABC couldn't be in better hands... I plan on seeing big things from you guys in the land of Yates. Peace, G

Toni69
03-12-08, 10:40 am
Thank you G....I kinda laughed out loud at the "real life" comment...made me feel like I have been a cartoon character here all this time till I finally appeared at the cage, in "real life"...LOL
Actually...totally off track here..but my son looks just like Jimmy Neutron...hahahaha!

Anyway, guys who make this gathering in April, I have a professional camera and will take loads of pics...just get your hands on the Animal Gear and we are gonna have such a great time training nd hanging out together...no doubt! Keeping it real always!

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 10:55 am
Thank you G....I kinda laughed out loud at the "real life" comment...made me feel like I have been a cartoon character here all this time till I finally appeared at the cage, in "real life"...LOL
Actually...totally off track here..but my son looks just like Jimmy Neutron...hahahaha!

Anyway, guys who make this gathering in April, I have a professional camera and will take loads of pics...just get your hands on the Animal Gear and we are gonna have such a great time training nd hanging out together...no doubt! Keeping it real always!

Once it's set, make sure you or G marks it in the calendar for all to see. Thanks, T.

callum1690
03-12-08, 12:07 pm
Count me in!

my parents have ok'd it and im gonna speak to a couple of guys at my gym see if they want to come along aswell. ill let you know tomorrow if there gonna come.

Cheers
Callum

Elite
03-12-08, 12:23 pm
Count me in!

my parents have ok'd it and im gonna speak to a couple of guys at my gym see if they want to come along aswell. ill let you know tomorrow if there gonna come.

Cheers
Callum

Good. As long as they carry the Animal ethos you see across this board, then they are welcome.

I dont think my Animal T's are gonna be enough to cover us now. Remember i only have 4 T's, 2 Jerseys, oh and a skullie. So we are looking for a genuine headcount (tho addidtions are never too late, we need a minimum baseline), a confirmation on the location and the date set in stone. After only 24hours haggling, this has been pretty smooth and has come on leaps and bounds. I better start growing my G goatee or Big Wides handlebar especially for the occasion.

Matt81
03-12-08, 12:27 pm

The gym itself doesn't have a car park, but there is a shopping centre multi storey car park literally two minutes walk from the gym. Should be no problem as long as there aren't too many shoppers about!
If not the cars can get parked near my old house and then just walk back to the gym , about ten minutes, or park in the station.

sanga
03-12-08, 12:30 pm
Righto, all sorted then :)

Universal Rep
03-12-08, 12:32 pm
Good. As long as they carry the Animal ethos you see across this board, then they are welcome.

I dont think my Animal T's are gonna be enough to cover us now. Remember i only have 4 T's, 2 Jerseys, oh and a skullie. So we are looking for a genuine headcount (tho addidtions are never too late, we need a minimum baseline), a confirmation on the location and the date set in stone. After only 24hours haggling, this has been pretty smooth and has come on leaps and bounds. I better start growing my G goatee or Big Wides handlebar especially for the occasion.

Give me a ballpark idea of who's coming, and I'll see what I can about having a U.K. retailer carry the shirts...

Elite
03-12-08, 12:36 pm
Give me a ballpark idea of who's coming, and I'll see what I can about having a U.K. retailer carry the shirts...

Sanga (+2)
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690
JimmyH?
SDR?

We are looking at between 8-12 so far. Get the shirts in the mix irrespective U-Rep, there gonna be purchased anyway.

Toni69
03-12-08, 1:55 pm
Sanga (+2)
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690
JimmyH?
SDR?

We are looking at between 8-12 so far. Get the shirts in the mix irrespective U-Rep, there gonna be purchased anyway.

Friggin A! wow! I say friggin..not the other F word.

I cant wait to meet the rest of our Animals here..you all better show! ;)

Once we have a headcount we should decide on how we are gonna train...like break up in groups or whatever. I want us all together, not going off doing separate shit. I can bump around and train a little bit of everything that day so I work my way into each group and learn a little something about all of ya and maybe teach a little something to all of ya...

Sohan
03-12-08, 2:04 pm
Ok, yeh add me down on the list.

I'll be coming with a few mates (I've asked 5, but don't know how many will come).

Any idea what train route we'd need?

Also, we have no Animal shirts etc.

Elite
03-12-08, 2:11 pm
Ok, yeh add me down on the list.

I'll be coming with a few mates (I've asked 5, but don't know how many will come).

Any idea what train route we'd need?

Also, we have no Animal shirts etc.

Good and get your friends on the board here, so they can fully understand what to expect, they may just thank you for it! Havent looked at trains, i'll be riding the motorbike. But i've a pretty good understanding as i take the tube to work and the gym, get googling and any help, i'll lend a hand.

Ive got some spare tops, so i want PM's from those unable to bring there own gear. Tho i will be wearing one of the following myself. Will be a 1st come 1st serve to forvm members only, friends will have to find alternatives. I am only lending the tops for the session.
2 iconic T's
2 Cage T's
2 Hockey Jerseys
Animal Skullie

Also U-Rep is on top of getting a uk distributor to sell the T's.

Toni69
03-12-08, 2:15 pm
ThirdEye, that's cool of you cause I was just sending a pm to the Universal rep regarding guys without Animal gear. I ony have medium shirts and they have shrunk some already so I dont think they will fit most of you guys...LOL..unless you like the tight, half shirt look...hahahahaha! jk...well, Im guessing they would be tight on you guys.

Elite
03-12-08, 2:20 pm
ThirdEye, that's cool of you cause I was just sending a pm to the Universal rep regarding guys without Animal gear. I ony have medium shirts and they have shrunk some already so I dont think they will fit most of you guys...LOL..unless you like the tight, half shirt look...hahahahaha! jk...well, Im guessing they would be tight on you guys.

You gonna sport the limited edition iconic womens top you were wearing at the cage, you definately pulled off the look. I personally would of made you model it by the till out front, sales would have rocketed. A missed opportunity there U-Rep!

Toni69
03-12-08, 2:22 pm
Yea with a Animal tshirt on top...or maybe the sweatshirt I got at the expo...dont know. After 10 days in Hawaii and no lifting I may look like a dam piece of turd....Im gonna have to get my pump on asap from my trip cause this gathering is happening the same week I get back! LOL

Sohan
03-12-08, 2:23 pm
Got times in mind??

Elite
03-12-08, 2:24 pm
Are you honestly gonna be ok with the 26th. If its too soon, we can look at slightly later alternatives. Its in your court...

Toni69
03-12-08, 2:29 pm
26th is perfect cause my life is gonna get nuts soon after with my math class, and my move to the states in June. April 26th is the day! I dont care what time you all decide...it will take me about 2 hrs prob with traffic from here..so I do need to know a time so Im not late! :)

sanga
03-12-08, 3:49 pm
Sanga (+2)
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690
JimmyH?
SDR?

N ot sure where the +2 came form but I`ll be coming alone.

Toni69
03-12-08, 4:10 pm
N ot sure where the +2 came form but I`ll be coming alone.

oooops...sorry, that's big_dai bringing 2 of his buds, right?

Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690
JimmyH?
SDR?

sanga
03-12-08, 4:52 pm
Yeah, looking back on previous posts it is.

Excellent, all looking good :)

Ed_UK
03-12-08, 6:06 pm
sorry to be an ass guys but your gona have to take me off the list :(

looks like im not gonna be on the weights properly till the end off april, my cast is off in a week but its no impact activies (namely running, however that will iclude heavy leg presses/squats any exercise with a bit of intensity of weight!) till end on that month

I could be fine by then, but im gonna stick to bodywieghts lunges and light individual leg work along with swimming and cycling to build my stamina and strength up just to be on the safe side, also my job aint desk based so if I cant walk around im screwed !

fell free to PM with any info on up coming stuff, apologies once again

Ed

Elite
03-12-08, 6:38 pm

looks like im not gonna be on the weights properly till the end off april, my cast is off in a week but its no impact activies (namely running, however that will iclude heavy leg presses/squats any exercise with a bit of intensity of weight!) till end on that month

I could be fine by then, but im gonna stick to bodywieghts lunges and light individual leg work along with swimming and cycling to build my stamina and strength up just to be on the safe side, also my job aint desk based so if I cant walk around im screwed !

fell free to PM with any info on up coming stuff, apologies once again

Ed

On the weights properly? Nothing wrong with going lightweight, even if you turn up and go really light for reps. Ive recently come back from a back injury, and ive had to pussy foot around it with lil weights. Frustrating as it is, as long as your in the gym, it counts.

Hell, its worth turning up just for the photo opportunity with our resident BB Toni!

Matt81
03-12-08, 6:52 pm

Ed

Shame they're taking the cast off, I trained with mine on just squatting mainly, it was ok, as long as you're a bit careful. Couldn't lift much then mind! (or now...)

Elite
03-12-08, 6:59 pm
Whats with all the incapacitated brothers on my shore. You all seem to have casts on/recently removed or be in the process of having surgery!

SDR
03-12-08, 7:11 pm
Whats with all the incapacitated brothers on my shore. You all seem to have casts on/recently removed or be in the process of having surgery!

Yeah, and it sucks!

Well I am going to see if I can get the day off work (SATURDAY) in the next few days and willl do my best to make it down to this, ive been down with animal since dayone so id definatly wanna be here!

I only have the black animal t's but would buy one from whoever.

Hopefully someone will hit legs with me if im there!

Elite
03-12-08, 7:22 pm
Yeah, and it sucks!

Well I am going to see if I can get the day off work (SATURDAY) in the next few days and willl do my best to make it down to this, ive been down with animal since dayone so id definatly wanna be here!

I only have the black animal t's but would buy one from whoever.

Hopefully someone will hit legs with me if im there!

Black Animal T's are fine. As long as the shirt represents Universal/Animal/The Forvm then its kosher! Guys, you can even customise your own T for the day. Just get a shirt and draw an Animal 'A' logo on it. I remember seeing someone with a custom shirt, possibly the Delaware ABC.

Im seriously considering legs at the ABC, the leg equipment sounds phenominal!

Ed_UK
03-12-08, 7:56 pm
cheers Thirdeye, mate can I say im 50/50 on this, ill see it feels after the cast is off with a few weeks and then ill be 100%!

feel free to shoot me a PM if u wanna

Toni69
03-13-08, 3:40 am
cheers Thirdeye, mate can I say im 50/50 on this, ill see it feels after the cast is off with a few weeks and then ill be 100%!

feel free to shoot me a PM if u wanna

Ed...even if you cant train...just come and meet and greet. I want as many of us to get together for this, especially before I leave the UK for good. Try and make it...no worries about the cast, your still part of the team, your cast shouldnt be a reason why you cant be part of this gathering.

big_dai
03-13-08, 6:07 am
me and the 2 boys i train with are definites now. i told them they were coming. im getting my t's next week so ill be good. cant wait.

Hatchelt
03-13-08, 6:37 am
Just got word of this and think it's a great idea...sadly I live at Lands End, Cornwall, so will probably miss it. I'll be at Seni next month tho...any Animals doing the same? (would be amazing to see an Animal stall there)

sanga
03-13-08, 6:38 am
Ed, you have to turn up if you can just to take pics, be in the pics and be part of the day, meal after too.

I`ll be training back on the day roughly as follows-

Deadlifts
Bent rows
Chins
Close grip pulldowns
Reverse hyperextentions

SDR
03-13-08, 8:23 am
Just got word of this and think it's a great idea...sadly I live at Lands End, Cornwall, so will probably miss it. I'll be at Seni next month tho...any Animals doing the same? (would be amazing to see an Animal stall there)

I did mention the Seni show to Universal Rep, not sure whether anything will happen

Matt81
03-13-08, 10:16 am
Ed, you have to turn up if you can just to take pics, be in the pics and be part of the day, meal after too.

I`ll be training back on the day roughly as follows-

Deadlifts
Bent rows
Chins
Close grip pulldowns
Reverse hyperextentions

I don't think they have a reverse hyper machine/bench unfortunately, about the only thing they haven't got..

Universal Rep
03-13-08, 10:17 am
I did mention the Seni show to Universal Rep, not sure whether anything will happen

Forwarded it on to Corporate, S... Outta my hands now.

sanga
03-13-08, 10:23 am
I don't think they have a reverse hyper machine/bench unfortunately, about the only thing they haven't got..

AHH I`ll persever and do the exercise on a normal hyper ext machine the other way round without weight, better than nowt and works. Thanks.

callum1690
03-13-08, 3:13 pm
sorry to be a pain but can you add a +1 to me because my mate gary is coming along.

dont you worry he trains like a proper animal!

welshwarrior
03-13-08, 3:28 pm
Damn, i wish i could make this one. Just started managing a supllement store so time off would be difficult... and yes I have got the boss to stock the Pak with promise of more lol

Universal Rep
03-13-08, 4:14 pm
sorry to be a pain but can you add a +1 to me because my mate gary is coming along.

dont you worry he trains like a proper animal!

All you gotta do is copy and past the latest list, and make changes to 'em before ya post. Here ya go...

Universal Rep
03-13-08, 4:15 pm
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR?

Toni69
03-14-08, 5:46 am
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe????
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR?
Thrawn ???

Thrawn
03-14-08, 6:22 am
Thrawn ???

As said in my pm to you, i have it noted in my calender. I will do my best and see if i can get my short holiday and the meeting to coincide. Will keep you updated on that. For now, you may add me to this entry list as a possible attendant.
'already itchy just thinking about training with some brothers and sisters'. Got my fingers crossed for this one.

Toni69
03-14-08, 12:20 pm
great...hope you can make it! Who else is coming to train with us? Let it be written! LOL

Universal Rep
03-14-08, 1:47 pm
As said in my pm to you, i have it noted in my calender. I will do my best and see if i can get my short holiday and the meeting to coincide. Will keep you updated on that. For now, you may add me to this entry list as a possible attendant.
'already itchy just thinking about training with some brothers and sisters'. Got my fingers crossed for this one.

Yo T, you gonna start up a Holland ABC?

Thrawn
03-14-08, 4:45 pm
Yo T, you gonna start up a Holland ABC?

I am trying. Started a ' roll call-thread' to see how many Dutch Animals there are at present. Hope there are enough on the forum to make it happen. I am willing to do my bit and get it started up if i can.
Which reminds me of a small idea: when i started using Universal supps i got along great with the girl who took the orders. She was kind enough to send me some small sample DVD's and small trailpackages of Storm, Shock Therapy etc. I have started today with handing out those DVD's to the most suitable persons in my gym. Might be a great way to get Animal more in the picture over here.
Was i just lucky to get those extra's? I haven't gotten them again. It might be a great idea to be able to hand out some Animal goodies in the gym to get ppl involved and notice the product over here. Don't know if its common practise for Universal or if i can just ask for some extra samples thingies. I do think it would be a great idea to get it going over here (where ppl are very conservative about their supps and do not buy what they dont know).
What's your opinion on that?

SDR
03-14-08, 6:53 pm
Count me in guys, I dont know what condition BOTH my wrists will be in as ill find out after surgery, but I will for sure be hitting legs, so anyone who wants to push the limits with me on the Leg press, and other leg exercises lets go!

Universal Rep, throw me in a yellow animal T if you can :-)

Toni, when you have a spare minute find out some decent restaurants local to us where we can go eat, Nandos / steakhouse etc.

Will be a great day !

Elite
03-14-08, 6:55 pm
Nando's would be cool. Toni can sort the gym, i sort the food, yea 'T'?

Toni69
03-14-08, 6:59 pm
Nando's would be cool. Toni can sort the gym, i sort the food, yea 'T'?

cool..nando's is cool...roast chicken and all that good side stuff. I will eat anywhere as long as its good food! No pub food!

I will call the gym before I leave for Hawaii...Lets get a definite headcount by April 1st. That should give the Universal rep plenty of time to get his side in order too..whatever he needs to do that is. ;)

Keep signing guys..just copy and paste your name to the most recent list so we stay updated.

SDR
03-14-08, 7:38 pm
anyone travelling from or near London, Middlesex?

Elite
03-14-08, 7:56 pm
anyone travelling from or near London, Middlesex?

Im coming by Motorbike from essex. If you have a spare crash helmet and leathers your welcome to hop on.

Toni69
03-15-08, 5:48 am
Originally Posted by Universal Rep
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe?
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR
Thrawn ?

keep em coming! April 26th, saturday in Luton at Olympic gym was it? just scroll up, you will see the gym info. Get your hands on something Animal to wear..if you cant for whatever reasons, pm one another and see who can lend or give who what for the day. We dont have to match either...Im not all about looking the same, but we must represent the Animal uniform by sporting the Animal logo proudly on our chests!

Thrawn
03-15-08, 7:14 am
I will call the gym before I leave for Hawaii...Lets get a definite headcount by April 1st. That should give the Universal rep plenty of time to get his side in order too..whatever he needs to do that is. ;)

Keep signing guys..just copy and paste your name to the most recent list so we stay updated.

Hell, then i gotta get a move on with my planning of my short break... dont know for sure if i can get it the definite answer so soon. Will do my best to get it planned, try to let you know within 10 days.
Maybe i can enter as a late entry if i cannot get it planned that far ahead? I already have some Animal shirts.

sanga
03-15-08, 7:18 am
Now this is getting there :)

I agree, a headcount by 1st April, gives U-REP plenty of time to organise whatever he has in mind.

This will be a really good day and when people turn up at the gym they will see some wearing Animal tops and can go introduce themselves, easy.

Universal Rep
03-17-08, 9:46 am
Now this is getting there :)

I agree, a headcount by 1st April, gives U-REP plenty of time to organise whatever he has in mind.

This will be a really good day and when people turn up at the gym they will see some wearing Animal tops and can go introduce themselves, easy.

I got some ideas in the works fellas...

I'm gonna stay in this thread until ya get your first event off the ground. Yeah, that's a threat, hahahahahah....

SDR
03-17-08, 9:58 am
Just to let the organisers know, I'll be flying away for about 10 days this coming sunday, so wont be able to respond to anything etc so if we need to do any more planning lets go ahead with it while im here if possible.

G Diesel
03-17-08, 10:02 am
Just to let the organisers know, I'll be flying away for about 10 days this coming sunday, so wont be able to respond to anything etc so if we need to do any more planning lets go ahead with it while im here if possible.

Can't have a UK ABC without my boy SDR in the house. Peace, G

sanga
03-17-08, 10:16 am
I got some ideas in the works fellas...

I'm gonna stay in this thread until ya get your first event off the ground. Yeah, that's a threat, hahahahahah....

Thats just what we want mate :) Thanks a lot for all your support.

Universal Rep
03-17-08, 10:21 am
Thats just what we want mate :) Thanks a lot for all your support.

It's all for The Cause, bro...

sanga
03-17-08, 10:29 am
And a bloody good worthwhile cause it is too!

Toni69
03-17-08, 2:56 pm
I think the final planning will be done by April 1st..you wont miss anything before then...or you can catch up once you get back. I leave April 12 for 10 days so hopefully when I get back the 21st, Thirdeye and the Universal Rep will have rapped it all up and we all meet that sat, the 26th at Olympic Gym. I cant wait guys..seriously..Im really excited for this gathering.

sanga
03-17-08, 4:46 pm
Me too, it will be great putting faces to names, the good think is we are all from diferent backgrounds, ages etc and all have the same interest.

Thrawn
03-17-08, 4:58 pm
Are all ppl that are gonna attend BB'ers or are there also PL'ers?

sanga
03-17-08, 5:16 pm
I`m a bodybuilder.

big_dai
03-18-08, 4:57 am
im a bb'er and a rugby player.

im cant frigging wait now, fuck uni wanna train

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 10:33 am
So we're looking at Luton on the 26th of April?

I got word that they're speaking to the U.K. distributor. Looks like they'll have at least one Animal t-shirt for purchase (to wear to the event) and will get the Iconic Ts for the promo... Stay tuned.

What's the head count so far?

Elite
03-18-08, 10:39 am
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe?
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR

8 definates and 6 maybes. Plus we seem to be getting a raft of English signing up by the week. April 1st is our deadline to get onboard for this, due to the logistics. Is that fine by you U-Rep?

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 11:05 am
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe?
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR

8 definates and 6 maybes. Plus we seem to be getting a raft of English signing up by the week. April 1st is our deadline to get onboard for this, due to the logistics. Is that fine by you U-Rep?

Logistics don't matter much to me. But if the event is on the 26th, then what is the 1st deadline for?

Elite
03-18-08, 11:08 am
Well what would you suggest?

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 11:09 am
Well what would you suggest?

I'm not sure what the deadline was for, T...

Thrawn
03-18-08, 11:11 am
Sanga
Thirdeye
Toni69 (plus 1 gf)
Ed Uk
big_dai (+2 ??)
Sohan...maybe?
Matt81
Callum1690 +1
JimmyH?
SDR

Dont forget me in this list! I am still a maybe, doing my best to work it out with my work! If i can make it somehow, you can count on me to be there!

Elite
03-18-08, 11:15 am
T-1 (Toni) suggested it. But i thought these things had headcount deadlines, in order to get things sorted and set. What would you suggest a better deadline be? I dont know if we get a big brown box like the other ABC'c, being international. But if we were to, then you would want a headcount at the earliest notice. I guess Toni was thinking of you when we agreed on the 1st.

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 11:16 am
T-1 (Toni) suggested it. But i thought these things had headcount deadlines, in order to get things sorted and set. What would you suggest a better deadline be? I dont know if we get a big brown box like the other ABC'c, being international. But if we were to, then you would want a headcount at the earliest notice. I guess Toni was thinking of you when we agreed on the 1st.

OK, for the headcount, I see... I think it's fine, but be prepared to admit some members after that date... With any luck, the U.K. distributor will have shirts to buy in the pipeline, so no problems there...

Elite
03-18-08, 11:19 am
Yea cool, all are welcome at short notice, as long as they wear the badge. Im intrigued who your uk distributor is?

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 11:21 am
Yea cool, all are welcome at short notice, as long as they wear the badge. Im intrigued who your uk distributor is?

Universal products are available in around 100 countries outside the U.S. The reach is long.

Toni69
03-18-08, 12:50 pm
Dont forget me in this list! I am still a maybe, doing my best to work it out with my work! If i can make it somehow, you can count on me to be there!

If there are stragglers, they are more than welcome to come and join us at the last minute...just try and find an animal shirt or borrow one. Idea??? You can find stuff on ebay too.

Toni69
03-18-08, 12:53 pm
Logistics don't matter much to me. But if the event is on the 26th, then what is the 1st deadline for?

I was suggesting we have a headcount for definites by the first of April so Corporate gets their end straight and we have our definite Animals in play, ready to rock and roll. Again, I wont be here on the 12th of April to the 21st so Thirdeye will handle business on his own here.

Universal Rep
03-18-08, 1:09 pm
I was suggesting we have a headcount for definites by the first of April so Corporate gets their end straight and we have our definite Animals in play, ready to rock and roll. Again, I wont be here on the 12th of April to the 21st so Thirdeye will handle business on his own here.

Looks like the U.K. distributor's gonna order some shirts. Now we wait... Get your ducks lined up in a row, T...

Toni69
03-18-08, 1:35 pm
Looks like the U.K. distributor's gonna order some shirts. Now we wait... Get your ducks lined up in a row, T...

Yes sir! Im at attention you know. ;)...hahahahaha! im really loopy today, Im so sore right now...friggin deads...even my ears hurt! LOL