PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

NickSP
10-15-07, 9:16 pm
Throwin down between Amherst and southern CT (school, home, respectively)...headed up to the Philly gathering and it was awesome, but a little far and I KNOW for a fact there's at least a few guys from CT and Mass. I'm up at school of course most of the time, but down in CT from Xmas til the end of January or so...once I get a few guys to just respond I'll start calculating some details....

Shark
10-16-07, 11:06 am
So are you looking to keep this seperate from the New England one? lol

We have animals scattered in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Mass, Rhode Island, and Conn. I know a few of us have spoken about getting something going. Maybe in the Boston or Providence area?

Either way, I am opening this up so you guys can throw me some ideas so I can get a grasp of how many are interested and where you all would like to see this happen. As far as when, I was thinking some time in December. This gives us all enough time to get work off and get rides situated. I know plenty of things for animals to do in the bitter cold so start your posting.

Including all of New England will give everyone a chance to make it, making it a bigger meet. As far as guys up north not being able to get rides down to the meet just let me know and we will see what can be done.

After the gym meet we can do food New England style.

Pizzalamp
10-16-07, 11:12 am
Ct here! Id love to train

humanforklift
10-16-07, 11:13 am
CT here bro, I'd love to have an Animal gathering

Young&Hungry
10-16-07, 11:23 am
Southwestern CT here, would be sweet to train with some Connecticut animals, any powerlifters around here?

Wasteland
10-16-07, 11:26 am
Isn't Ox from the area?

Wasteland
10-16-07, 11:28 am
Isn't there a CT/MA chapter starting?

Young&Hungry
10-16-07, 11:34 am
Isn't Ox from the area?

Yeah, Ox is from CT and trains at the legendary Gold's Gym in New Haven I believe. I've heard Frank Zane frequents the place.

Universal Rep
10-16-07, 12:08 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11563

Hey bro, same chapter?

NickSP
10-16-07, 12:11 pm
So are you looking to keep this seperate from the New England one? lol

Didn't know there was one....but now that I look, that one was started today, I had this up yesterday

Universal Rep
10-16-07, 12:13 pm
Didn't know there was one....but now that I look, that one was started today, I had this up yesterday

Fellas, coordinate, consolidate. How about one in Providence or Boston and one in CT?

NickSP
10-16-07, 12:18 pm
Aright well, this is what we can do...

since Mass is kind of more central to the rest of NE, we'll have an NE one there...you said you were thinking of maybe doing it around Boston anyway...

plus, the only people who have responded to my CT/MA chapter are all from CT anyway
so maybe make two separate get-togethers, different dates so anyone who wants to can attend both.....a CT chapter, and an NE chapter run from MA...
what do ya think?

NickSP
10-16-07, 12:19 pm
Fellas, coordinate, consolidate. How about one in Providence or Boston and one in CT?

haha URep, I literally just finished posting that same suggestion in the NE post and then read this

loiacanoa
10-16-07, 12:39 pm
MA right here

Universal Rep
10-16-07, 12:46 pm
haha URep, I literally just finished posting that same suggestion in the NE post and then read this

Nice...

If ya only get a handful of members to each, then it would make sense to consolidate and meet halfway somewhere...

Everyone who is interested, chime in with the state you're in and will figure this out...

Toni69
10-16-07, 12:57 pm
Jesus..Universal Animals are taking over the world! Good stuff!

Jaymafin
10-16-07, 1:11 pm
CT here Im down for whatever though.

Liftbig21
10-16-07, 5:04 pm
CT here...and im ready to train with some animals.

Shark
10-16-07, 6:45 pm
Wow the threads ate each other. lol

Like Urep said. lets see who is from where and who can go. I would rather one big meet with all of us though. I think it would be much more fun.

NickSP
10-16-07, 8:45 pm
so far

CT

pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry
jaymafin
myself (assuming we can do this in jan.)
liftbig21

MA

loiacanoa
myself if it's in nov.

where are you at wasteland?
shark are you in mass?

Pizzalamp
10-16-07, 11:07 pm
cant wait...

G Diesel
10-17-07, 10:27 am
When are you guys planning on making this happen? I might be down for the ride and may be able to bring some other warriors with me depending on the timing. Give me some details. Peace, G

akarsos
10-17-07, 11:55 am
im from nj but go to school in ma, so if its before mid dec or or after late jan im in

NickSP
10-17-07, 3:17 pm
When are you guys planning on making this happen? I might be down for the ride and may be able to bring some other warriors with me depending on the timing. Give me some details. Peace, G

You got it G, when we get more responses we'll start throwing out dates and places, it'd be awesome to get any of you guys up here

Shark
10-17-07, 9:26 pm
Well I'd like to see this happen sometime in the near future. But with enough time to prepare for this. People need to get time off work, find rides, things like that.

I was thinking late November early December. It can't be close to Christmas because shit is just too hectic for people.

So why not just throw a date up and see how people react? We need to throw something up as a start point to see how it fits for everyone and change it accordingly.

November 24th.

I was thinking Southern Mass or some place in RI, very North CT. to make the trip a little more simple on everyone. Like I said before, I will be comming down from Maine and if anyone has any ride issues just throw me a pm.

G, it would be awesome if you could make it up. Bring Wides and Al/Ant if possible too. lol It would make up for me missing the Philly meet because of my shoulder.

NickSP
10-17-07, 9:41 pm
Wow, ya know what, I was originally hoping to do it later cause it'd be a lot easier in the middle of Xmas break, but the 24th is actually perfect cause that's Foodday-break. The only problem I see is that a lot of guys tend to aim more for Sunday cause of work but like you said, we'll just wait to see what people say. I'm from far south CT so I don't really know any gyms in the northern CT/MA area but I'll still help organize the whole thing in any way I can.

Shark
10-17-07, 9:43 pm
Wow, ya know what, I was originally hoping to do it later cause it'd be a lot easier in the middle of Xmas break, but the 24th is actually perfect cause that's Foodday-break. The only problem I see is that a lot of guys tend to aim more for Sunday cause of work but like you said, we'll just wait to see what people say. I'm from far south CT so I don't really know any gyms in the northern CT/MA area but I'll still help organize the whole thing in any way I can.

lol Ok So lets just say The weekend of the 24th. Sat or Sun. lol

Read your pm!

G Diesel
10-18-07, 8:14 am
You got it G, when we get more responses we'll start throwing out dates and places, it'd be awesome to get any of you guys up here

Looking forward to it bro... If you need help with anything let me know. Peace, G

G Diesel
10-18-07, 10:52 am
This is a bigass geographic area you cats are including in one chapter... Why not split it into a CT crew and we can train at Ox's home gym and then make the second chapter Boston? What do you guys think? Peace, G

Punisher
10-18-07, 10:59 am
I think thats a good idea G CT should have its own chapter n NE including VT NH RI and MA and ME should take place in boston

NickSP
10-18-07, 11:58 am
That's really what I originally had planned, the idea for one big meet for everyone was thrown out so the guys up north could get in on it... there's only like a couple guys outside CT so the Boston meet wouldn't have been very big, but if people are cool with sticking to the first plan of a CT chapter and a separate NE chapter in MA I'm definitely down with that still, and along with running the CT meet I'll help out with the other however I can.

Shark
10-18-07, 1:07 pm
I understand the corncern for location location location.

My origional intent was to have them split. But then I figured it would be more fun/practical to just have one bigger meet.

Now my thoughts are this.

Still keep it one big meet. Throw it in Conn so we have have even MORE people. If there is enough guys that come from farther north then maybe we can think about a seperate chapter then. But for now just keep it a New England thing and hold it in Conn. I just right now don't see enough people being able to make a Boston area meet. I am hoping this meet gets the word out.

NickSP
10-18-07, 2:02 pm
Regardless of how we're doing the meets, I've got this setup so far for anyone who's interested

Gold's Gym - New Haven CT
31 Bernhard Road
http://www.nearhome.com/thesupergym/index.html

Nov. 24 - 12:00 PM

Not sure if this is where someone said Ox used to train, but either way it looks solid. What does everyone think? Unless I'm mistaken this'll be the weekend after Nationals, so perhaps we could get a few fat and happy guys up here?

loiacanoa
10-18-07, 7:39 pm
im still down for MA gathering!

ct italian 1
10-18-07, 7:41 pm
home: Burlington, CT
school: Springfield, MA

I've been coming home on weekends and staying at school during the week.

NickSP
10-18-07, 7:51 pm
im still down for MA gathering!

Not sure bro, the way it looks right now we'll probably be throwing down a CT meet, not many guys up further north. I think I'm gonna ask A Rep to separate the threads again to a CT Chapter and a MA Chapter, both of course are open to anyone though like all the chapters...those are just where they'll take place.

ct italian 1
10-18-07, 8:03 pm
NickSP count me in on the CT meet.
how's this going to work? like we all get together and train w/e bodypart we'd be doing that day or what?

also, ur school is about 30min from my college right? I go to Springfield.

NickSP
10-18-07, 8:12 pm
NickSP count me in on the CT meet.
how's this going to work? like we all get together and train w/e bodypart we'd be doing that day or what?

also, ur school is about 30min from my college right? I go to Springfield.

Ya do whatever you want, there were a lot of guys at philly so everyone just kinda broke off into groups depending on what they were working... if anyone wants to coordinate working the same thing that'd be cool. Those are just details to be worked out later. My next big job, is to find a nice place to eat haha
Yeah bro Springfield's on the way, I think like 30-40 mins away. Hit me up if you ever wanna lift, we'll figure something out

ct italian 1
10-18-07, 8:31 pm
alright man, sounds good.
there are a few bodybuilders here, no animals though as far as I know.
few kids who compete though.
lot of them train at west springfield, Gold's but I don't have a car on campus (freshman) and when they offer to bring me, I usually have class.

my school gym sucks terribly but we're getting a brand new facility Fall '08. we def. should get together and lift sometime though, it'd be cool to train with another animal. p.s. our dining hall kicks ass so we could grub here. egg whites, grilled chicken breasts, etc. like all the time.

loiacanoa
10-18-07, 9:14 pm
Not sure bro, the way it looks right now we'll probably be throwing down a CT meet, not many guys up further north. I think I'm gonna ask A Rep to separate the threads again to a CT Chapter and a MA Chapter, both of course are open to anyone though like all the chapters...those are just where they'll take place.

alright then

NickSP
10-18-07, 10:04 pm
If it doesn't happen soon dude, I'll make sure we get another meet further up north, I go to school in MA too

loiacanoa
10-19-07, 5:56 am
sounds good to me man. it would be great to train with all the animals here.

Liftbig21
10-19-07, 10:56 am
Regardless of how we're doing the meets, I've got this setup so far for anyone who's interested

31 Bernhard Road

Not sure if this is where someone said Ox used to train, but either way it looks solid. What does everyone think? Unless I'm mistaken this'll be the weekend after Nationals, so perhaps we could get a few fat and happy guys up here?

sounds good.and Ox still trains there everyday.

Jaymafin
10-19-07, 12:38 pm
yo count me in, barring my wife giving birth 2 weeks early.

G Diesel
10-19-07, 2:17 pm

31 Bernhard Road

Is that the Saturday after Thanksgiving and one week after the Nationals? Peace, G

NickSP
10-19-07, 2:30 pm
Is that the Saturday after Thanksgiving and one week after the Nationals? Peace, G

Yeah, we can make it that Sunday if people want

Young&Hungry
10-20-07, 7:36 pm
Yeah, we can make it that Sunday if people want

Nick, Gold's in New Haven is right up my alley, so long as we are gonna meet up there I'm down for whatever date and time is best for you guys.

NickSP
10-20-07, 7:42 pm
pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry
jaymafin
ct italian
liftbig21

Shark you makin the ride down south? Gold's is toward the bottom of the state...

These are the guys I'm putting down as confirmed for New Haven - Nov. 24, let me know if anyone else wants to confirm, PM or here doesn't matter.

Shark
10-20-07, 10:03 pm
pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry
jaymafin
ct italian
liftbig21

Shark you makin the ride down south? Gold's is toward the bottom of the state...

These are the guys I'm putting down as confirmed for New Haven - Nov. 24, let me know if anyone else wants to confirm, PM or here doesn't matter.

Yup, put me down and also I will be bringing one extra. If any more want to come with me I'll let you know.

Also anyone else up north, if you want to go but have no transport or don't want to drive that far alone, send me a PM if you want to come with. I'll be leaving from Brunswick Maine and making my way through.

NickSP
10-20-07, 10:09 pm
pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry
jaymafin
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
+friend

Definitely got a good size goin so far

How's your end of the spectrum looking G... you think we might get some pros down to this thing?

G Diesel
10-22-07, 8:44 am
pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry
jaymafin
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
+friend

Definitely got a good size goin so far

How's your end of the spectrum looking G... you think we might get some pros down to this thing?

Looks like you put a solid crew together there Nick... I hit you with a PM. Peace, G

NickSP
10-22-07, 2:19 pm
Slight change boys...some of you said you're down no matter what, for the others, how's Dec.1? The following Saturday....same place and time....

Shark
10-22-07, 2:43 pm
Zatch and I are still good to go.

Is this date solid now?

NickSP
10-22-07, 2:53 pm
I've only got a couple responses, you and zatch, young&hungry, myself are good to go, and G Diesel should be bringin some of the crew down, Jaymafin has obligations that weekend. Awaiting for the rest of the guys to see if it's good for them...

G Diesel
10-22-07, 3:49 pm
This gonna be at Ox's spot, Gold's in New Haven? Peace, G

NickSP
10-22-07, 3:51 pm
This gonna be at Ox's spot, Gold's in New Haven? Peace, G

Yeah

G Diesel
10-22-07, 3:57 pm
Yeah

Sweet... Heard awesome things. Supposed to be a badass gym. Peace, G

ct italian 1
10-22-07, 5:13 pm
G, I'm pumped to meet you on the 1st man.
You're def. one of my bodybuilding role models.

NickSP
10-22-07, 7:01 pm
pizzalamp
humanforklift
young&hungry - said he lives right there, good to go
jaymafin - obligations for the 1st
ct italian - still confirmed
liftbig21 - still confirmed
myself - still confirmed
shark + friend - both still confirmed

NickSP
10-22-07, 7:03 pm

Was pretty inspiring to see the big man throwin down the stack on pushdowns like it was nothin

NickSP
10-22-07, 9:35 pm
pizzalamp's still in as well, looks solid

Reminder guys: come wearing any Animal shirt ya got

Pizzalamp
10-24-07, 12:17 pm
im gonna have to mapquest it
any news of getting something to eat after?

naturalguy
10-24-07, 12:25 pm
I may be in for this Nick as well. Let me know when all is confirmed.

G Diesel
10-24-07, 1:08 pm

I'm honored bro... Definitely looking forward to meeting you. Peace, G

ChandlerXJ
10-24-07, 1:10 pm
what day is this going to be? I might be home for the holidays, so I might be able to come to this... hell yeah

srb3189
10-24-07, 1:34 pm
Beverly Ma here

NickSP
10-24-07, 1:35 pm
im gonna have to mapquest it
any news of getting something to eat after?

haha that's a very important question man, if Ox doesn't have somewhere specific he'd like to go, I'll be home for thanksgiving so I'll check out the local places then, I can talk to my pops since my family lived/worked in NH for quite a while

srb3189
10-24-07, 1:37 pm
loicanoa and I lift at the same gym alot. Anyone here down for the MA thing? We both lift at a Y in Beverly MA

NickSP
10-24-07, 1:38 pm
For you other guys, this is what I've got right now, and I am fairly certain this is how we'll do it

Gold's Gym - New Haven CT 06473
31 Bernhard Road

Dec. 1 - 12:00 PM

It's posted up on 24/7/365 as well

Young&Hungry
10-24-07, 10:35 pm
For you other guys, this is what I've got right now, and I am fairly certain this is how we'll do it

Gold's Gym - New Haven CT 06473
31 Bernhard Road

Dec. 1 - 12:00 PM

It's posted up on 24/7/365 as well

The 1st is actually an even better date for me, so I'm still down. Saturday...that means ME Squat. Anybody care to join me for some pain? If you're not into the powerlifting scene, you guys are still welcome to join me for the squats if you're hitting legs.

So pumped for this, awesome to see that G's coming down. Would be incredible to meet the big man himself and the rest of you Animals.

Pizzalamp
10-29-07, 9:41 pm
should i just wear black if i dont have an animal shirt?
what bodyparts are u guys training?

NickSP
10-31-07, 11:26 pm
should i just wear black if i dont have an animal shirt?
what bodyparts are u guys training?

Yeah, just look for someone who is (the pros will stick out like sore thumbs, and I'll have my forvm t). Dunno about training, hopefully they have par bars so I can do back/tris and do my dips, otherwise maybe shoulders/bis. My legs can't hold a candle to a pile of shit, but maybe I'll do em anyway. Haven't thought about it much, what's everyone else thinkin about hitting?

Pizzalamp
11-01-07, 12:07 am
i was hoping to do some shoulders
im prob gonna order an animal t

G Diesel
11-01-07, 2:18 pm
Now that we're one month out... What is the most up to date roster? Peace, G

NickSP
11-01-07, 2:30 pm
No solid updates

pizzalamp
young&hungry
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel

have not received any confirmation from humanforklift on the new date. For a couple of you that have said they might come depending on the date, I'm officially calling it Dec. 1, so anyone not on this list let me know if you're coming.

NickSP
11-02-07, 1:08 pm
i was hoping to do some shoulders
im prob gonna order an animal t

Good call dude, represent in the gym and in the photos, and a second heads up for everyone
Be sure to wear whatever Animal shirt ya got, Corporate will appreciate it

Universal Rep
11-02-07, 1:11 pm
Good call dude, represent in the gym and in the photos, and a second heads up for everyone
Be sure to wear whatever Animal shirt ya got, Corporate will appreciate it

Wearing an Animal t-shirt is about solidarity. It's also needed for the group pic. So let's wear 'em fellas for pride--and not for the free swag, though that'll be sent...

NickSP
11-02-07, 1:17 pm
Wearing an Animal t-shirt is about solidarity. It's also needed for the group pic. So let's wear 'em fellas for pride--and not for the free swag, though that'll be sent...

Sh, what free stuff?

ct italian 1
11-05-07, 5:19 pm
sat. is my leg day, but I may train another bodypart, idk yet.

akarsos
11-05-07, 7:07 pm
No solid updates

pizzalamp
young&hungry
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel

have not received any confirmation from humanforklift on the new date. For a couple of you that have said they might come depending on the date, I'm officially calling it Dec. 1, so anyone not on this list let me know if you're coming.

i go to school right outside of boston but im gunna try to make it down to CT for the event. just wont know till the week of because of my schedule...if i go i def will hav a couple of guys from back home (north jersey) drive up to CT too

NickSP
11-05-07, 10:53 pm
Will be good to have you man, just make sure you let me know once you find out for a definite.
Lookin at 9-12 guys at this point, should be an awesome day....

Pizzalamp
11-07-07, 8:42 pm
im pretty xcited too
i tried ordering an animal tee from the shop but when i entered my username pizzalamp and password it denied me
oh well im just gonna call the number it gave me
i would love to train shoulders or back

NickSP
11-07-07, 9:48 pm
im pretty xcited too
i tried ordering an animal tee from the shop but when i entered my username pizzalamp and password it denied me
oh well im just gonna call the number it gave me
i would love to train shoulders or back

I'd sigh right now if you could hear it through the computer. Registration for the shop is separate from registartion for the forvm, go here and sign up...
http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/register.cfm
and I still don't know what I'll be training, we've still got a few weeks to think about it anyway

naturalguy
11-07-07, 10:14 pm
Nick I am in for this for sure

G Diesel
11-08-07, 10:09 am
Will be good to have you man, just make sure you let me know once you find out for a definite.
Lookin at 9-12 guys at this point, should be an awesome day....

Psyched... I can't wait, driving 3+ hrs for this bad boy. Peace, G

Pizzalamp
11-08-07, 9:15 pm
I'd sigh right now if you could hear it through the computer. Registration for the shop is separate from registartion for the forvm, go here and sign up...
http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/register.cfm
and I still don't know what I'll be training, we've still got a few weeks to think about it anyway

yeah i know reg is separate bro
i came up w/ a separate username for the shop and it still wouldnt take it
then i tried my forum name just for kicks and it still didnt take it

NickSP
11-08-07, 9:50 pm
Sorry, that's all I got, email em at theshop@animalpak.com or PM J-dawg

Pizzalamp
11-08-07, 9:52 pm
Sorry, I got nothin else for ya in that case, probably a tech problem, email em at theshop@animalpak.com or PM J-dawg

cool thanks nick

ChandlerXJ
11-08-07, 11:20 pm
Nick what's the deal with MA... I wonder if I could get a Western mass one going, since MA is pretty spread out...

Pizzalamp
11-11-07, 10:27 pm
ordered my tshirt tonight so im good to go

G Diesel
11-14-07, 4:27 pm
CT Chapter
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
New Haven, CT 06473
Dec. 1 - 12:00PM

Yeah boy... Looking forward to this one, even with the long ass drive. Peace, G

NickSP
11-14-07, 4:28 pm
CT Chapter
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
New Haven, CT 06473

pizzalamp
young&hungry
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel
ChandlerXJ
adambomb
Mallard75
Intensity
Ox

Hopefuls:
akarsos and co.

G Diesel
11-14-07, 4:31 pm
CT Chapter
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
New Haven, CT 06473

pizzalamp
young&hungry
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel
ChandlerXJ
adambomb
Mallard75
Intensity
Ox

Hopefuls:
akarsos and co.

I think Vinny G is coming out too... It ain't ABC if Vinny can't get some. Peace, G

NickSP
11-14-07, 4:40 pm
Yeah boy... Looking forward to this one, even with the long ass drive. Peace, G

Tables have turned G, I drove a similar length to get to Philly and everyone's comin my way this time.
Guy who picked up at the gym didn't even seem to care, kept talkin about how great Evan is and how much they already deal with UN, hardly even let me finish talking about what I was even calling for. Speaking of which, it'll be awesome when he brings home his pro card this weekend

Pizzalamp
11-14-07, 9:39 pm
man this is looking like a big one
im pumped
itll be great to train w/ these beasts and gladiators

Young&Hungry
11-15-07, 11:16 pm
CT Chapter
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
New Haven, CT 06473

pizzalamp
young&hungry
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel
ChandlerXJ
adambomb
Mallard75
Intensity
Ox

Hopefuls:
akarsos and co.

Nick, I am gonna be bringing a friend with me. He's a year older than me and has been a truely dedicated bodybuilder for a few years now, so he's down to smash some iron with the Animals on the first.

jer
11-18-07, 8:30 pm
Count this new guy in. Been to that gym before, great gym. I get back from Mexico the day before. I'll be itching to lift some slag.

Yo NickSP, I'm a HAND grad myself, 1998.

NickSP
11-18-07, 8:45 pm
Count this new guy in. Been to that gym before, great gym. I get back from Mexico the day before. I'll be itching to lift some slag.

Yo NickSP, I'm a HAND grad myself, 1998.

No shit, seriously? Did you know Brian Arms or Vin Benevento at all?

jer
11-18-07, 8:52 pm
No shit, seriously? Did you know Brian Arms or Vin Benevento at all?

I know 'em both. I graduated with Brian and I've hung out with Vinny a few times. Both real good guys.

Universal Rep
11-19-07, 12:11 pm
Yo fellas, heads up: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5648831

Let's get a big turnout... Looks like the Akron OH event kicked ass.

NickSP
11-19-07, 2:13 pm
Yo fellas, heads up: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5648831

Let's get a big turnout... Looks like the Akron OH event kicked ass.

Good thinkin Rep, thanks. How's this look for a big turnout so far

pizzalamp
young&hungry + friend
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
zatch
G Diesel
ChandlerXJ
adambomb
Mallard75
Intensity
Vinny G
Ox
jer

Hopefuls:
akarsos and co.

Not bad huh? I can't wait

BAD ASS MARTIN
11-19-07, 5:17 pm
Looking Forward To Seeing The Pics!

Young&Hungry
11-20-07, 8:56 pm
Pumped as hell now...this is gonna be sick!

NickSP
11-20-07, 10:39 pm
Hey guys, if anyone coming does NOT have some kind of Animal tshirt to wear for this, PM me as soon as you can.

Also, check this out once in a while for more info as it comes out... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12581

naturalguy
11-21-07, 10:36 am
Pumped as hell now...this is gonna be sick!

Me too, I am getting excited as this event is coming up soon. I am looking forward to train with you guys.

Young&Hungry
11-24-07, 10:58 pm
Just remembered that Boar, a fellow powerlifter, is in the area. Gonna PM him to let him know.

G Diesel
11-26-07, 12:26 pm
T-Minus 6 days until it is on... Can't wait to hit it up CT style. Any all you can eat sushi buffets in the area? Gotta grub huge after this session. Peace, G

Pizzalamp
11-26-07, 10:35 pm
T-Minus 6 days until it is on... Can't wait to hit it up CT style. Any all you can eat sushi buffets in the area? Gotta grub huge after this session. Peace, G

im really pumped too do u know if big ant is coming down
sushi is a great idea

Liftbig21
11-26-07, 10:50 pm
im sooo fuckin pumped....Nick how much is the fee to workout at the gym?

NickSP
11-27-07, 12:07 am
Not sure, I will call tomorrow and find out...

Punisher
11-27-07, 9:26 am
i will be there too dude, find out a good NE spot to get some food! sushi or even some lobster rolls and steamers would be sick lol

Shark
11-27-07, 1:12 pm
Looks like my buddy is bailing.

Anyone need a ride from up north? lol I could use the company.

I'll be leaving Midcoast Area Maine at about 7:30 am.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to kill time if I get there too early? lol

Young&Hungry
11-27-07, 11:20 pm

No sushi buffets, but for sushi there's Ichiro Hibachi in Trumbull, which is very good sushi for a good price, but it's a little over 30 minutes from New Haven. There is also Miso in New Haven which is easily the best Japanese restaurant on God's green earth, but be prepared to pay BIG time for it.

Young&Hungry
11-27-07, 11:26 pm
All the good places to grub in New Haven, search and enjoy:

http://dinesite.com/search/city-3512/csn-0/?&t=3287278

Are we all gonna decide on one place to meet up and eat at?

NickSP
11-28-07, 3:16 pm
pizzalamp
young&hungry + friend
ct italian
liftbig21
myself
shark
G Diesel
ChandlerXJ
adambomb
Mallard75
Intensity
Vinny G
Ox
jer
Punisher
goody19

I'm hittin some basic arms..dips, skullcrushers, DB curls and whatever I feel like finishing bis with. Gonna go bigger than ever with dips and see what I can do with 110

naturalguy
11-28-07, 4:07 pm
Nice line up Nick

I'll be hitting a DC workout and it will be my first day on Animal Test so look out!

G Diesel
11-28-07, 4:09 pm
Ox has a spot lined up for grub...

I'll be hitting delts and guns. Peace, G

tjoe
11-29-07, 9:05 am
So Intensity said I should come here and let you guys know I plan on coming down to New Haven this Sat. I also plan on bringing a freind of mine down with me. I just learned of this ABC thing yesterday, so I am not sure what I need to bring down or if I need some cash to get in or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to Sat.

Joe

naturalguy
11-29-07, 6:02 pm
So Intensity said I should come here and let you guys know I plan on coming down to New Haven this Sat. I also plan on bringing a freind of mine down with me. I just learned of this ABC thing yesterday, so I am not sure what I need to bring down or if I need some cash to get in or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to Sat.

Joe

Glad to see we got ya posting. Just come down with your friend, if you have an Animal shirt of your own, wear it. Make sure you come introduce yourself to me.

Shark
11-30-07, 1:57 am
I'll be hitting my delts. As of right now, it's 2 am Friday morning. Which means the meet is TOMORROW. I'm pretty pumped. Speaking of which I need to hit the sack so I can make sure I get enough sleep tonight before the meet. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Young&Hungry
11-30-07, 8:28 pm
Ox has a spot lined up for grub...

I'll be hitting delts and guns. Peace, G

G, do you happen to know where it's gonna be? I'm only 15 so I gotta let my ride know in advance what I'm doing.

NickSP
11-30-07, 8:36 pm
G, do you happen to know where it's gonna be? I'm only 15 so I gotta let my ride know in advance what I'm doing.

Gourmet Heaven, just a few miles from the gym

Liftbig21
12-01-07, 12:37 am
put me on the hopefuls list....my job isnt taking to kindly to me takin the day off...im gonna do everything in my power to train with all my brothers at 1200...hope to see you all.

tjoe
12-01-07, 7:57 am
uh oh... I thought it was at 1pm???

Noon or 1???

naturalguy
12-01-07, 8:00 am
uh oh... I thought it was at 1pm???

Noon or 1???

Official start time is noon but you can get there when you want

tjoe
12-01-07, 8:07 am
Damn! I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

jer
12-01-07, 10:44 am
Just got back from Mexico late last night. I'm a little shot, but I haven't got to lift all week and I am itching to move some weight around.

See you all in an hour or so.

Young&Hungry
12-01-07, 10:45 am
Just to let you know that Boar PM'ed me last night to tell me he's coming, so add him to the list. We're gonna be squattin', so you guys are welcome to join us.

Young&Hungry
12-01-07, 5:22 pm
This is from my journey:

Wow, what a good workout today turned out to be. Today was the CT ABC Gathering and it was probably the coolest day I've had in a while. So I got to Gold's at about 12 and pretty much everyone was there, and right off the bat everyone was really friendly and introducing themselves to everyone. We waited about 15 minutes or so until the freak show rolled up - Intensity, G-Diesel, Ox, Vinny Galanti, and one of Vin's huge training partners walked through the door all at once. After a few pictures everyone got right to work.

Boar and I were the only two powerlifters there today so we did everything together. The guy knows his stuff, I learned a lot about the importance of a dynamic warmup and he drilled the shit out of my squat form. The squat form help was huge, and I'll remember what he taught me today for probably the rest of my lifting career. I went light to reinforce the new form. He ended up working up to 405 and completely smoked it for a double. Then we went onto rack pulls, and I was so pissed from my squat performance that I manhandled 425, 445, and finally 455 which were all PR's. Today was my first time using chalk and bars with tough knurling (crazy I know) so that made all the difference. I had a ton of speed on 455 so I knew I had 475 today without a doubt, but Intensity reminded me that this game is a marathon, plus I pulled my hammy pretty nice on squats so I had to call it a day. Boar ended off with 605 for a very strong single, and then proceeded to puke in his mouth and finish it off in the water fountain.

Then we finished off with lunges and reverse hypers, and tried to do some powerlifting-friendly ab work but the machines there were ancient and weren't too adaptable, so we called it a day. After the workout, we all mixed up our post-workout shit together and had a rountable discussion with all the pros. We all asked questions and the pros spit some great knowledge today. I just sat there in awe like a sponge, trying to soak in all the information I could get.

Unfortunately I couldn't go to eat with the guys afterwards, but I had such a great time that it didn't matter. Being the only non-200 pounder in the room was a very humbling experience, and working out next to monsters like Ox, Nick, and everyone else was a big kick in the ass for me. Seeing G-Diesel curl dumbbels the size of my head, Vinny hack squatting 5 plates a side for reps, Nick stiff legging 315 for reps, Boar pulling over a quarter of a ton, seeing Intensity as old as he busting his ass on rack pulls, and Evan at 250 pounds with bodyfat that seemed to be in the negatives reminded me to step my game up and how far I have to come to succeed in this game.

I will be the first to say that Universal is the best company in this industry, hands down. I am not looking to kiss anyone's ass, but can you tell me any other company who holds events like this? Putting a bunch of badass lifters in one room for no cost, giving them free supps, t-shirts, and books, giving them a free seminar, and have representatives nice enough to talk to you like you're family? G, Vinny, and Ox are some of the nicest guys I've met and from the get-go they talked to me with respect and genuine kindness. Plus I picked up one of the new Animal t's (G gave me a large and told me to "start eating and grow into it"), a newly updated AOM, and some Pump samples. I trained hard with some of the most hardcore lifters in this state, got to meet Boar and all the other Animals, and got to pick the brains of professionals. Can it get any better?

In closing the ABC Gathering was such a pleasure to be involved in, and I was so lucky and honored to meet the people I met today. The gym owners were really happy to be apart of this, and I would personally like to make this a regular gathering. I would be thrilled to organize one of these events again sometime in the future. To all Animals - if you are even remotely close to an ABC Gathering - fucking GO! Today was by far one of the best lifting experiences I have had, and I can assure you will not regret driving as long as you have to so that you can attend one of these.

Boar, if you read this it was an honor to train with you today and it would be a privelage to have you as a regular training partner of mine once I switch to Southside in the spring. Great day today, I'm gonna be taking on Monday's ME Bench with a whole new attitude!

jer
12-01-07, 6:25 pm
Young&Hungry my man, don't sell yourself short. You may not be the biggest right now, but you are damn strong for your size. You're young and have plenty of time to grow. Next year, you'll be growing out of your XL Animal tee shirt.
It was too bad you couldn't come to eat, it was good. A buffet that had some good stuff.

I'll get some pics up and my take a little later. Time to eat again.

boar
12-01-07, 6:27 pm
Just wanted to thank G, ox, Vin, Intensity, all of the other animals and golds gym in new haven for a great day!

Young&Hungry
12-01-07, 6:41 pm
Young&Hungry my man, don't sell yourself short. You may not be the biggest right now, but you are damn strong for your size. You're young and have plenty of time to grow. Next year, you'll be growing out of your XL Animal tee shirt.
It was too bad you couldn't come to eat, it was good. A buffet that had some good stuff.

I'll get some pics up and my take a little later. Time to eat again.

Can't wait for the pics, and thanks for the props bro. Honor to train with you today.

naturalguy
12-01-07, 7:41 pm
Young&Hungry, your post summed up what the ABC's are all about.

You and boar are some strong cats with great futures ahead of you.

Today was a great day and we will get some pics up by tomorrow.

jer
12-01-07, 8:00 pm
All right, got some pics up here:http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=230631#post230631

jer
12-01-07, 8:07 pm
Damn good time. I just got back from Mexico late last night and after a week of no training, I was itching to get under some iron. Couldn't have asked for any better. Great group of guys, all eager and willing to help one another out.
Great gym too. Might be my new home. It's only a 25min. drive. (Sorry to the guys that had to travel 2+ hours to get there, ha.)

Looking forward to the next meet.

Shark
12-01-07, 10:14 pm
10:30. just got back home. Man I am beat. I'll post more tomorrow. Me and a shake are gonna go lay in bed.

ct italian 1
12-02-07, 12:10 am
Today was one of my best days in the gym ever. The energy you get working alongside your idols is pheonominal. Thanks everyone for a sick ABC gathering and the opportunity to put faces to the screen names, pick the brains of those who have been there and done that, and get to move some iron at a sick gym!

Pizzalamp
12-02-07, 12:13 am
great day
it was cool meeting everybody
damn u guys are all huge
im def considering getting a membership at that gym only took me 1/2 hour to get there
ox, vinny, g diesel, intensity, shark, mal, boar young and hungry and everyone else who i cant remember your names sorry it was the best day training and learning from u all
-Grant

Vinny G
12-02-07, 6:35 am
i'm glad everyone had a great time....eric thanks for driving, and did you google IVY...LOL

tjoe
12-02-07, 8:56 am
Hey guys!
I want to thank everyone for yesterday. What a kick ass gym that is. Everyone I met was very cool and down to earth.
Intensity, Vinny, G and Evan are GREAT representatives for not only Universal but the sport as a whole. If there were more of these events (within driving distance) I would be on the list for sure.
Anyone that could possibly join that gym... do it!! I am a good 1.5 hours away, so it is just not gonna happen for me. But if you are close enough, don't hesitate. I've been in the game for a while and can tell you how important atmosphere is AND surrounding yourself with the right people. That place HAS it. Even though this was a one time gig (for the moment), you can tell that it has that same atmosphere every day of the week.

naturalguy
12-02-07, 7:14 pm
i'm glad everyone had a great time....eric thanks for driving, and did you google IVY...LOL

Anytime Vin. I just checked out Ivy lol

This CT session got me fired up, all you guys trained hard and it was great to see everyone pushing each other.

G Diesel
12-02-07, 7:21 pm
Had an absolute blast training yesterday... So inspiring to be around so many hungry, serious, hardcore athletes. Much love to the Montanari Bros for owning one of the most hardcore, well equipped gyms in America and for treating us all like family. Can't wait to see the pics Pun and Intensity. Peace, G

Pizzalamp
12-02-07, 7:22 pm
Intensity vinny and GDiesel
it was cool meeting u guys
u were def motivating to be around
Grant

G Diesel
12-02-07, 7:25 pm
Intensity vinny and GDiesel
it was cool meeting u guys
u were def motivating to be around
Grant

No doubt bro... Great meeting you. Peace, G

Vinny G
12-02-07, 7:58 pm
i get just as much out of these ABC's as you guys do.

i have to say...being around you young guys that are all fired up.....gets ME all FIRED UP.

and many thanks to GDiesel for being the back bone of this great idea.

Vinny G
12-03-07, 7:00 am
i sent a few pics to intensity....he will have them up later today.

ct italian 1
12-03-07, 11:16 am
After the CT session, I'm so amped up, I'll be driving the 3 and a quarter hours to trenton this coming sat. w/ my training partner from over the summer. (that's after I make the hr and a quarter drive home from college).
so lots of driving but well worth it for an unbeatable experience!

G Diesel
12-03-07, 11:19 am
After the CT session, I'm so amped up, I'll be driving the 3 and a quarter hours to trenton this coming sat. w/ my training partner from over the summer. (that's after I make the hr and a quarter drive home from college).

Yeah motherfucker... That is what I like to hear. We're gonna blast shit. Peace, G

naturalguy
12-03-07, 11:26 am
Good to hear it CTItalian, it'll be worth the trip.

A lot of cool things went down Saturday. The highlights for me was:

Driving up with Vinny and getting to talk to a legend

Training with the young, hungry lions, man that got me motivated.

The Q & A with Vinny, G Diesel & Ox, man what a great opportunity to pick the brains of these great men. I've been around this game for a long time and I have met many pro bodybuilders but the opportunity to sit with them and learn from them in this setting was fantastic.

I put up some more pics:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12879

jer
12-03-07, 3:21 pm

I was thinking about taking the drive as well, unfortunately I've had plans made for me that weekend. The following weekend in Brooklyn is looking good though.

ct italian 1
12-03-07, 3:49 pm
G, what're you training Sat.?
I was thinking hamstrings and back myself.

satanonthebeech
12-04-07, 12:12 pm
Pics look awesome and wish I'd been there. Displaced CT Animal here, been living in DC for the past 4 years but originally from near New Haven. Any chance of an ABC Gathering the week of Dec. 22-30? I'll be back in-state that week and making the trek to the New Haven Gold's at least once or twice for a workout and it would be great to meet up. Thoughts?

JoshLandry
12-07-07, 4:00 pm
ct here im down anyone going to the arnold this year?

naturalguy
12-07-07, 4:18 pm
We are having a New York City event next week:

New York City
Saturday 12/15 2pm
5th Ave.
555 5TH Ave
Brooklyn
NY
11215-4855

Rumor has it that Evan Centaponi (Ox) will be in attendance. The CT crew is welcome to join us.

Let us know if your coming so I can get a head count:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090

Pizzalamp
12-07-07, 4:20 pm
We are having a New York City event next week:

New York City
Saturday 12/15 2pm
5th Ave.
555 5TH Ave
Brooklyn
NY
11215-4855

Rumor has it that Evan Centaponi (Ox) will be in attendance. The CT crew is welcome to join us.

Let us know if your coming so I can get a head count:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090

i wish i could come but i have no ride into the city

jer
12-07-07, 4:24 pm
i wish i could come but i have no ride into the city

Bro, where in CT are you? Could you make it down to the shoreline anywhere? I'll be heading down so if you can make it somewhere close to the shoreline, you are welcome to hop in for the ride.

jer
12-07-07, 4:31 pm
ct here im down anyone going to the arnold this year?

I'll be there. Most likely only Saturday and early Sunday. Gonna drive the 10 hrs. with the girlfriend. (hope thats not a mistake, lol) If things go my way, I'll be there Friday because Sgt. Rock is hyping Friday up pretty big. Big things happen at the cage and you never know when. But, I can't really count on being there Friday.

Sgt Rock
12-07-07, 4:35 pm
I'll be there. Most likely only Saturday and early Sunday. Gonna drive the 10 hrs. with the girlfriend. (hope thats not a mistake, lol) If things go my way, I'll be there Friday because Sgt. Rock is hyping Friday up pretty big. Big things happen at the cage and you never know when. But, I can't really count on being there Friday.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! After reading that bro Im pretty motivated! I GUARANTEE ARRIVING FRIDAY WILL BE WORTH THE EFFORT! Stop in and say hello...and.....see me please.

Semper Fi

ct italian 1
12-07-07, 4:37 pm
I'll be at the Brooklyn meet.

G Diesel
12-07-07, 4:55 pm
THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! After reading that bro Im pretty motivated! I GUARANTEE ARRIVING FRIDAY WILL BE WORTH THE EFFORT! Stop in and say hello...and.....see me please.

Semper Fi

Rock is worth the price of admission every time. Peace, G

jer
12-07-07, 7:18 pm

Semper Fi

Damn Sgt., if its anything like this, how could I not be there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FneVk-E3i4

Shark
12-07-07, 9:09 pm

I'll be driving down there too. From Maine again. Maybe we can caravan or something man.

jer
12-08-07, 9:12 am
I'll be driving down there too. From Maine again. Maybe we can caravan or something man.

Right on brother. How long is that? Either way, it should be fun. Nothing like a little road trip. Some Tupperware full of chicken, steak and rice, a tub of Protein, stopping at convenience stores to use there microwave. I love the looks you get with that.

Maybe we can set some meeting place up as the time gets closer.

Shark
12-08-07, 2:09 pm
Right on brother. How long is that? Either way, it should be fun. Nothing like a little road trip. Some Tupperware full of chicken, steak and rice, a tub of Protein, stopping at convenience stores to use there microwave. I love the looks you get with that.

Maybe we can set some meeting place up as the time gets closer.

lol After a road trip my car is always filled with powder everywhere from trying to mix drinks in the car. I will be on my cut so I will need the meat, spinach and eggs. I'll try to buy a portable skillet for the eggs.lol This trip should be fun.

It says 13 hours all together. But thats with me skipping Conn. My GPS says 13.5 hours going through Conn. Either way that's nothing for me. I am used to driving long distances.

Dan02
12-11-07, 1:47 am
yea i think my self and ct italian 1 may be going to the arnold {QUOTE=spoolin;236435]ct here im down anyone going to the arnold this year?[/QUOTE]

ct italian 1
12-11-07, 7:16 am
ya, I'm going to try and make the Arnold w/ Dan. I'll be about 4 weeks out from my first show of '08 so I'll be bringing LOTS of food with me haha.

Shark
12-11-07, 8:44 pm
ya, I'm going to try and make the Arnold w/ Dan. I'll be about 4 weeks out from my first show of '08 so I'll be bringing LOTS of food with me haha.

You guys driving down? We could make this a huge caravan. lol

Or rent a freakin rv or something. lol

Dan02
12-12-07, 2:45 am
hell yea road trip RV lets do it

Shark
12-12-07, 7:34 am
hell yea road trip RV lets do it

You know. All joking aside, I checked RV rentals because I have always wondered how much those things cost to rent.

I did a dry run reservation for the Arnold Weekend trip. Pick up in New Haven on Friday morning and drop off in same place late Sunday early Monday + 1300 miles for the mileage and the total price was 700 bucks for the extra large RV. it claims to sleep 7 people comfortably and has a kitchen and full bathroom with water reserviors. It has 2 queen size beds and 3 sleeper sections.

MPG claims are 15-20 MPG. So lets just say 15 is the magic number. so 1300 divided by 15 is 86. 86 times the national gas average of 3 bucks = 258 for gas costs. Lets round that to 300 for safety.

300 for gas 700 for rental. Thats a cool G. Now lets say we got 7 people. 1000 divided by 7 is 142.85. So lets just say 200 bucks for the trip for a safety net. The excess could even go towards tickets.

Your telling me that you could get to and from the Arnold on an ANIMAL WAGON comfortably AND not have to rent a hotel and get tickets? So transportation and room and board and tickets for only 200 bucks???!?!?

Wow I hope my math was right.

You can't tell me that this wouldn't be one fun ass ride. We could try to get an animal banner for the back. But we would def have to lock that thing up at stops.

Dan02
12-12-07, 10:19 am
shark that sounds bad ass

ct italian 1
12-12-07, 11:52 am
Dan, I think we'd make out cheaper doing what we're doing, especially where I have to leave after the expo saturday. also, gas in the 'rex is probably a hell of a lot higher than 15mpg highway.

Shark
12-12-07, 3:45 pm
lol I was playin around ct. I don't even want to know how horrible that RV would get with 7 guys in it for a weekend.

And I looked it up, 15 mpg would actually be a blessing. I read some of those things get like 8-10 mpg.

jer
12-12-07, 4:24 pm
Sounds like it would be fun, but things like that don't always run smoothly. It's cool that you looked into it though.
See you guys in Cbus.

Dan02
12-12-07, 5:20 pm
i dont think ct italian 1 can make it i think i may still be going

Pizzalamp
12-15-07, 9:47 pm
On December 22, thats next Saturday, I was hoping to train at Golds Gym in New Haven. I know Jer and Ct Italian and I were talking about it today.

Would next Sat work for anybody??

ct italian 1
12-15-07, 10:12 pm
as far as I know Grant, next sat. should work.
I'll talk to my training partners back home and see if they're down for it as well.

NickSP
12-15-07, 10:56 pm
If that's an open invite, I'll just be home for break by then

ct italian 1
12-15-07, 11:01 pm
If that's an open invite, I'll just be home for break by then

ya man, let's try and get some guys together.
then gourmet heaven afterwards?

NickSP
12-15-07, 11:07 pm
Sounds good to me, Sat the 22nd, same place, CT part 2?
or maybe 1.5 since it's such short notice
Who's down?
and what time you guys wanna do this? another noon meet, something later?

Pizzalamp
12-15-07, 11:43 pm
Sounds good to me, Sat the 22nd, same place, CT part 2?
or maybe 1.5 since it's such short notice
Who's down?
and what time you guys wanna do this? another noon meet, something later?

yeah 1.5 is also a good date
noon is cool with me Nick or later whatevr works for everyone
I'll also be up there the 22 of dec cause i finally have a day off from work and ive been dying to get back up there

jer
12-16-07, 10:38 am
yeah 1.5 is also a good date
noon is cool with me Nick or later whatevr works for everyone
I'll also be up there the 22 of dec cause i finally have a day off from work and ive been dying to get back up there

I think Nick ment 1.5 as in CT ABC meet, not the date. This coming Saturday is cool with me like I said yesterday.

Nick, I think we would be disappointed if you DIDN'T come. This is an open invite for everyone. It's nothing "OFFICIAL" as far as ABC goes, but that's no reason for us CT guys get together and move some weights. Afterwards we can grab a bite to eat and maybe talk about a future date to have another CT gathering.

Noon is fine with me, later is fine as well. Whatever works for the rest of the guys.

NickSP
12-16-07, 11:09 am
I think Nick ment 1.5 as in CT ABC meet, not the date. This coming Saturday is cool with me like I said yesterday.

Noon is fine with me, later is fine as well. Whatever works for the rest of the guys.

Yup. I'm down with Saturday. Only reason I said noon was to just get a time out there so we could confirm whatever we're doing, so if anyone else has a time preference just say it.

Pizzalamp
12-16-07, 11:18 am
12 is good for me

Young&Hungry
12-16-07, 9:56 pm
I sent this out in a big forward to the names that were on the list for the previous ABC Gathering.

Connecticut ABC Gathering II
Date: Saturday, December 22nd
Time: 12:00 P.M. arrival, begin training at 12:30 P.M.
We will leave to eat when everyone's done training.

Training at:
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
North Haven, Connecticut 06473
203-773-1578

Eating at (confirming which one we ate at last time):
Gourmet Heaven
15 Broadway Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut 06511
203-787-4533

Gourmet Heaven
44 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
203-776-0400

Attendance list:
Young&Hungry + friend
NickSP
Pizzalamp
Jer
ct italian 1

Note: Please wear your yellow Animal T's we got from the last ABC Gathering or any other Animal/Universal t-shirt you have. If you do not have a t-shirt, please PM me or NickSP.

Liftbig21
12-16-07, 11:01 pm
I sent this out in a big forward to the names that were on the list for the previous ABC Gathering.

Connecticut ABC Gathering II
Date: Saturday, December 22nd
Time: 12:00 P.M. arrival, begin training at 12:30 P.M.
We will leave to eat when everyone's done training.

Training at:
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
203-773-1578

Eating at (confirming which one we ate at last time):
Gourmet Heaven
15 Broadway Avenue
203-787-4533

Gourmet Heaven
44 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
203-776-0400

Attendance list:
Young&Hungry + friend
NickSP
Pizzalamp
Jer
ct italian 1

Note: Please wear your yellow Animal T's we got from the last ABC Gathering or any other Animal/Universal t-shirt you have. If you do not have a t-shirt, please PM me or NickSP.

If i dont have work which ill know by thursday...im definitely coming to this one.

Dan02
12-17-07, 2:18 am
i will be working friday night getting out at 7 am and i have to be back to work at 6 pm sat. if we can do 1-1:30 im in

ct italian 1
12-17-07, 7:40 am
that is not the gourmet heaven we ate it, there are two in new haven.
the one we ate at before is at 15 broadway.

Pizzalamp
12-17-07, 10:46 am
i will be working friday night getting out at 7 am and i have to be back to work at 6 pm sat. if we can do 1-1:30 im in

that works for me

NickSP
12-17-07, 11:30 am
Aright then, 1 cool with everyone? And yes Gourmet Heaven is the one on Broadway

Pizzalamp
12-17-07, 11:35 am
Aright then, 1 cool with everyone? And yes Gourmet Heaven is the one on Broadway

1 is good for me

ct italian 1
12-17-07, 1:13 pm
1 works for me too.

Young&Hungry
12-17-07, 3:47 pm
One is fine for me also. I got a few responses already and the one's I got were all no's. I do agree that it's a busy weekend with the holidays but I'm perfectly fine with this being just a small gathering. Vinny also suggested a big one in January, which is what we were planning on.

jer
12-17-07, 6:39 pm
One O'Clock is fine with me.

Look what you started Grant. lol

Pizzalamp
12-17-07, 6:42 pm
One O'Clock is fine with me.

Look what you started Grant. lol

lol

jer
12-18-07, 7:10 pm
Got some bad news today. A close friend of mines mother passed away this morning. The funeral is on Saturday, so that excludes me from meeting you guys at Golds this time around.
Have a good time and I'll be there next time.

mpennuto
12-18-07, 7:16 pm
CT here fellas...YEAHH BUDDY

ct italian 1
12-18-07, 9:08 pm
Got some bad news today. A close friend of mines mother passed away this morning. The funeral is on Saturday, so that excludes me from meeting you guys at Golds this time around.

sorry to hear that Jer, we'll see ya at the Springfield gathering?

Pizzalamp
12-18-07, 10:24 pm

im very sorry for your loss jer

jer
12-19-07, 7:07 am
sorry to hear that Jer, we'll see ya at the Springfield gathering?

im very sorry for your loss jer

Thanks fellas. Baring any other unforeseen circumstances, I'll be in Springfield in few weeks.
Looking forward to it.

Young&Hungry
12-20-07, 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear that jer. I'll be hoping to see you in January brother.

Boar just let me know that he's gonna be in Connecticut on Saturday so he and I will be squatting and pulling like last time. Here's the head count as of now:

NickSP
ct italian 1
Boar
Pizzalamp
Young&Hungry

Mpennuto are you in?

Pizzalamp
12-20-07, 10:21 pm

dan02 i hope u can make it bro!!

NickSP
12-21-07, 11:24 am
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
North Haven
New time is 1, got a good 5 or 6 guys. Even though it's not official we're still repping animal, so let's make it look good and try to wear your yellow t's if you can. I've got chest, what's everyone else doing?

naturalguy
12-21-07, 1:42 pm
New NYC date confirmed...

Saturday, February 16th, 2pm

Frenchie's Gym
303 Broadway #3
Brooklyn, NY

One of the true hardcore, old school gyms still alive and kicking. They don't make em like this any more. Be there

Pizzalamp
12-21-07, 4:16 pm
im pumped for tommorow!
ill be doing back and calves

ct italian 1
12-21-07, 7:09 pm
ah not going to be able to make this one guys, but I'll be at the next brooklyn meet!

jer
12-21-07, 8:43 pm
I know I said I was out, but I'm gonna try and get there. I've got a funeral at 10:30, then a reception after to pay my respects to the family. Gonna try and get there by 1, maybe a little later. We'll see.

Pizzalamp
12-21-07, 8:46 pm
I know I said I was out, but I'm gonna try and get there. I've got a funeral at 10:30, then a reception after to pay my respects to the family. Gonna try and get there by 1, maybe a little later. We'll see.

good luck jer

Young&Hungry
12-21-07, 9:46 pm
Definates:
Pizzalamp
Myself
Boar
NickSP
Dan02

Possiblilities:
jer
Liftbig21

Boar has to get to work for two so we'll be there crankin' a bit early, so if any of you want to swing by earlier there'll be people there. Can everyone get there for the 1:00-1:15 block? If there was anything I could think about improving the ABC's is the arrival/start time. Last time we started and ended an hour late and that messed with my schedule a bit. It'd be nice if we could get everyone there on time so we could finish up around the same time as each other, and head right out to lunch so we can all get on with the rest of our schedules.

ct italian 1
12-22-07, 4:48 pm
how was it guys?

Young&Hungry
12-22-07, 4:52 pm
how was it guys?

Hahaha, it was just Nick, Grant, and myself. Boar came at two to squat also. But it wasn't bad at all though, we all got good workouts in and had a good time.

NickSP
12-22-07, 5:16 pm
I had a pretty good chest/forearms workout with some drop sets and then toyed around with some extra light sets with machines while Nick and Carlos finished up, Grant was crankin away doin his thing, was bangin out rows with I think 130's, Carlos was TRYING to do his thing, but he had some accuracy problems on box squats. It was a pretty nice day.

Pizzalamp
12-22-07, 5:26 pm
Great day today
That gym is the best-its got machines I never knew existed
It was great working out with everybody
Hope you all have a good Christmas

Young&Hungry
12-22-07, 5:56 pm
I had a pretty good chest/forearms workout with some drop sets and then toyed around with some extra light sets with machines while Nick and Carlos finished up, Grant was crankin away doin his thing, was bangin out rows with I think 130's, Carlos was TRYING to do his thing, but he had some accuracy problems on box squats. It was a pretty nice day.

Nobody ever said I was a sharpshooter...or an acrobat. Aside from powerlifting I'm not too blessed in any sort of skill department! Boar also unloaded our deadlift bar the same way I did after missing the box on squats, and I chuckled a bit inside when he did that. Looks like more than one of us don't know how to unload a bar.

jer
12-22-07, 6:11 pm
Glad you guys had a good workout. Sorry I couldn't make it today, I was drained after the funeral and I didn't get home until 2 anyway. I'm probably head up to Golds someday this upcoming week, since I have work off. If any of you guys are feeling it, let me know.

NickSP
12-22-07, 6:17 pm
I'm down for that gym any time. And don't worry about it jer, you had more important matters to attend to, sorry for your loss.

Word on the street has it people want another official ABC sometime soon. I go back to school on the 27th, I'm eyeing the 19th for CT Part 2. Nothing solidified of course yet, but how would that sound to everyone?

jer
12-22-07, 6:18 pm
You know you got me bro.

Young&Hungry
12-22-07, 6:50 pm
The 19th sounds good to me Nick.

Pizzalamp
12-22-07, 6:53 pm
im in

NickSP
12-22-07, 7:13 pm
Jan. 19: pizzalamp, NickSP, jer, young&hungry

Also, if anyone feels like they wanna try another day of week, or another gym, or do anything differently, speak up. Although I think it's safe to say everyone loves that place

Young&Hungry
12-22-07, 8:23 pm

Also, if anyone feels like they wanna try another day of week, or another gym, or do anything differently, speak up. Although I think it's safe to say everyone loves that place

Sounds good to me. You can add Boar to the list because we were planning to hit up Gold's again around that date anyways. The location's pretty much right in the middle of everyone, and Gourmet Heaven is a perfect restaurant to eat like an Animal after a tough training session. If we can get the pro's like G, Vin, Ox, and the like back down I think it will attract a lot more people and it would make the experience all the more better.

Pizzalamp
12-22-07, 8:42 pm

i hope we get a good bunch of animals like last time
and def keep it at golds in new haven
ooo i love that place

ct italian 1
12-23-07, 12:15 pm
Jan. 19th sounds great.
rumor has it that Ox is available that weekend as well.

Pizzalamp
12-29-07, 7:29 pm
ill be bringing a friend to this. He had registered on the forum so im gonna tell him to post

looking forward to this

Young&Hungry
01-03-08, 8:30 pm
Just bumping this to make sure everyone's still good for the 19th. I'll take care of the PM's later in the week again to let everyone know.

Pizzalamp
01-03-08, 8:31 pm
Just bumping this to make sure everyone's still good for the 19th. I'll take care of the PM's later in the week again to let everyone know.

im looking forward to this!

jer
01-03-08, 8:48 pm
You know it.

Young&Hungry
01-05-08, 2:06 pm
Connecticut ABC Gathering III
Saturday, January 19th, 2008
Training begins between 12:00-12:15 P.M, and as always please wear an Animal t-shirt!

Training at:
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
Phone: 203-773-1578

Eating at:
Gourmet Heaven
15 Broadway Avenue
Phone: 203-787-4533

Expected attendance + what we're training:
Young&Hungry - ME Deadlift
Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
Pizzalamp - Back and calves
NickSP
jer
ct italian 1
Ox?

Young&Hungry
01-05-08, 2:42 pm
Alright guys, I sent some info in a big forward out to nearly 40 freakin' members! Obviously all of them will not be able to attend, but we are bound to attract a few people's attention. I will post something up in the Mass, NYC, Jersey, and Philly chapters to see if anyone's willing a trip. I hope this one can be as big as our first gathering.

JoshLandry
01-05-08, 5:18 pm
im deff down in ct

Young&Hungry
01-05-08, 5:40 pm
im deff down in ct

PM's are working!

NickSP
01-05-08, 6:07 pm
Thanks for the work Carlos, info has been posted at bb.com and the calendar as well. Check your PM's bro.
I'll be hittin chest and bis again that day.
Hey Grant, what's goin on with the partner you said was comin, is he here?
And another reminder, if anyone plans to attend and does not have any sort of Animal shirt, drop me a PM and let me know.

Pizzalamp
01-05-08, 10:37 pm
Thanks for the work Carlos, info has been posted at bb.com and the calendar as well. Check your PM's bro.
I'll be hittin chest and bis again that day.
Hey Grant, what's goin on with the partner you said was comin, is he here?
And another reminder, if anyone plans to attend and does not have any sort of Animal shirt, drop me a PM and let me know.

Hey Nick
He is def coming
he did register on here a while ago
but i cant seem to find him on the master legion list
im gonna talk to him tommorow about posting

man i hope we get a big turnout-im talking bumper to bumper traffic going into the parking lot haha

ct italian 1
01-06-08, 10:07 am
anyone know if any of universal's guys will be coming out for this one?
I'll talk to Punisher, see if he wants to make the trek up from dirty jerzey

Young&Hungry
01-06-08, 11:28 am
Updated Attendance List:
Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
Pizzalamp and training partner - Back and calves
NickSP - Chest and Biceps
Liftbig21 - Arms
jer - DC Bi's, Forearms, and Legs
ct italian 1
Ox

jer
01-06-08, 11:41 am
Looking forward to it Y&H. I DC train, so I'll most likely be training Bi's, Forearms, and Legs.

Thanks for putting the effort in making this happen.

Young&Hungry
01-06-08, 11:45 am
anyone know if any of universal's guys will be coming out for this one?
I'll talk to Punisher, see if he wants to make the trek up from dirty jerzey

I still haven't gotten any response from any pro's yet, but more we can get up here the better. At the first one the owners loved the fact that Vinny, G, and Ox were all coming to his gym and I think that's one of the reasons why we got in free. The more pro's we can get, the more legitimate this thing sounds to the owner.

Looking forward to it Y&H. I DC train, so I'll most likely be training Bi's, Forearms, and Legs.

Thanks for putting the effort in making this happen.

Thanks for the response bro, hopefully this will make it easy for as many people as possible to find a training partner. I know Intensity, nikkiboy, and Vinny train DC may still so you have three training partners lined up if they come. And thanks for the props, it's a privelage to do this.

naturalguy
01-06-08, 11:56 am
I am going to most likely make this event

Young&Hungry
01-06-08, 12:05 pm
Updated Attendance List:
(If you haven't said what you're training yet, please post below)

Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
Pizzalamp +1 - Back and calves
NickSP - Chest and Bi's
Liftbig21 - Arms
spoolin
Intensity
ct italian 1
Ox

So that's 11 people so far. Even right now that's a pretty great lineup. I am still waiting on 29 more responses, and will forward the message again 2-3 more times in the coming weeks, so we're bound to pick up at least a few more people. I have a feeling that this is going to be as good, if not better, than the first ABC.

Nick, at the end of this week would you mind dropping Gold's a line to let them know what we're up to?

Pizzalamp
01-06-08, 9:40 pm
Updated Attendance List:
(If you haven't said what you're training yet, please post below)

Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
NickSP - Chest and Bi's
Liftbig21 - Arms
spoolin
Intensity
ct italian 1
Ox

So that's 11 people so far. Even right now that's a pretty great lineup. I am still waiting on 29 more responses, and will forward the message again 2-3 more times in the coming weeks, so we're bound to pick up at least a few more people. I have a feeling that this is going to be as good, if not better, than the first ABC.

Nick, at the end of this week would you mind dropping Gold's a line to let them know what we're up to?

wow great turnout so far

girlbdybldr
01-07-08, 12:43 pm
I will be there ... never been to Connecticut so can't wait!

Young&Hungry
01-07-08, 5:11 pm
Updated Attendance List:

Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
NickSP - Chest and Bi's
Liftbig21 - Arms
Jer - DC Bi's, Forearms, and Legs
Spoolin
Intensity
Ct Italian 1
Ox
Girlbdybldr

We got twelve now, I wanna fuckin' see twenty! Sending out the second round of PM's tomorrow night, another Saturday, and one more next Wednesday. I don't want to be a pain in the ass to people who can't make it, so please post up if you can make it up or not. Once again, if you haven't posted what you're training please do so. That way we can hook as many people up with training partners as we can, and you guys can geet in contact to agree on what you're gonna do.

NickSP
01-07-08, 5:25 pm
I will be there ... never been to Connecticut so can't wait!

Well, personally I'd say you haven't missed too much, but I may be biased having been here my whole life. Glad to have ya aboard

Pizzalamp
01-07-08, 9:32 pm
Updated Attendance List:

Boar - ME Squat/Deadlift
NickSP - Chest and Bi's
Liftbig21 - Arms
Jer - DC Bi's, Forearms, and Legs
Spoolin
Intensity
Ct Italian 1
Ox
Girlbdybldr

We got twelve now, I wanna fuckin' see twenty! Sending out the second round of PM's tomorrow night, another Saturday, and one more next Wednesday. I don't want to be a pain in the ass to people who can't make it, so please post up if you can make it up or not. Once again, if you haven't posted what you're training please do so. That way we can hook as many people up with training partners as we can, and you guys can geet in contact to agree on what you're gonna do.

this is great news!

Young&Hungry
01-07-08, 11:34 pm
this is great news!

Grant, since I'm starting off with deads first and you're doing back, you wanna hit them with me? Haven't seen them in your log in a while so I'd love to see what the pizzaman can rip off the floor. I'm also down to hit up calves with you afterwards if you want.

Pizzalamp
01-07-08, 11:37 pm
Grant, since I'm starting off with deads first and you're doing back, you wanna hit them with me? Haven't seen them in your log in a while so I'd love to see what the pizzaman can rip off the floor. I'm also down to hit up calves with you afterwards if you want.

That sounds good ill just have to see how my lower back is feeling that day

yeah id love to hit calves w/ u after...

Young&Hungry
01-08-08, 10:03 pm
Sent out round two of the PM's, already got two responses back but they were both negative. Still have more than plenty people left to respond so it's all good. I will try to get in contact with G, Vinny, and Ox later in the week in their respective threads - I think their PM boxes are full.

Young&Hungry
01-08-08, 10:34 pm
I took people who have responded already and inactive members off the list, so we're down to seventeen more people to get responses from. They are pretty likely to respond eventually so we should pick up a few more, unless some other New Englanders we don't know about see this thread. Those yet to respond from the list I compiled are:

Humanforklift
Shark
G-Diesel
Ox (to confirm the rumor)
ChandlerXJ
Srb3189
Mallard75
Houseofpain
Tjoe
Cellerator65
Kelan76
Jmuls
ShaqFu
Pokoritel
Ironshaolin
Nikkiboy

If you can get in contact with one of these guys or are one of them, hit us up!

Pizzalamp
01-08-08, 10:36 pm
isnt houseofpain from ct?? wonder if he could come?

gotta get more for the nutmeg state!!!

Cellerator65
01-09-08, 7:40 am
im borderline right now, i want to go... i just gotta see if i can get that day off from work.

Young&Hungry
01-09-08, 3:20 pm
Ironshaolin, Vinny, tjoe, Dan02, and houseofpain are all negatives. The crew we've got right now is probably the most we're going to get, but that's cool. We've got plenty of Animals to make this one kickass ABC.