PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Animals

Pages : 1 [2]

velocityrob
05-28-09, 3:56 pm
I'm in West Phx- almost Tolleson.
Between gyms at the moment. I found a tiny little hardcore place in Peoria- Die Hard. I think they are getting my membership for a few months.

Anyway- I'd love to hit up an ABC if we get one anywhere in town.

C.Coronato
05-28-09, 4:31 pm
Velocity - Gather your troops and get your own ABC together. Set a date and start a roll call my man.

the_tank
06-13-09, 1:03 pm
im from mesa so lmk when things are going down

C.Coronato
06-16-09, 3:54 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Arizona ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11636)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

DrewskiPHX
06-25-09, 2:33 am
paradise valley.

I'm a cook at The gainey Village Health Spa, I can bring someone to the gym with me if anyone is interested. Its the nicest one in arizona.

last time i was on this thread was a year ago. has anything happened since then?

PancakeOfDoom
07-07-09, 12:31 am
i'm mike from tucson. anybody still active in this ABC chapter?

i just wanna get huge and get strong, eventually wanna be a firefighter and i already hold EMT certification. been lifting a grand total of close to 5 yrs though. self taught myself a lot of stuff so i'm a bit further behind than most, but i've also learnt a lot. blew my knee a couple of years ago and finally got back around to lifting just a few months ago.

i train at LA fitness (ugh, closest driveable distance to me) and am lookin to get a membership at gold's when i move out the house.

C.Coronato
07-07-09, 9:26 am
Welcome Pancake, good to have you. Do you have any fellas you train with currently?

PancakeOfDoom
07-07-09, 12:56 pm
nobody on the forvm. lost my training partner b/c he couldn't pay his membership anymore and i won't have him back til september. my lil bro works at the sheriff dept. gym and unless i get on as an EMT in the jail i can't train there. so no trainer partners for me, had to have my 110lb girlfriend spot me the other day lol

C.Coronato
07-07-09, 1:22 pm
What about in your gym? Anyone who looks the part?

PancakeOfDoom
07-07-09, 5:28 pm
well, i go to la fitness on 1st and wetmore. don't get me wrong, i am in no way huge, i'm an average looking 200lbs, but at least i can lift well. i lift with good form and decent weight, more than the d-bag frat boys curling 50lbs in the squat rack.

i just went to the la fitness on ina and that actually wasn't bad. big guys lifting big weight. no sissies in the rack doing curls, everybody rackin' their weights, nobody comin up mid set askin when you'll be done. manager said they have competitive bodybuilders and powerlifters in there, i haven't seen a single one on 1st.

so on ina there are some guys that fit the part. my girl moves close to their in a few weeks, i'll be startin to train there more often.

where do you guys work out at? been lookin for good gyms on the west side but haven't had any luck yet.

DrewskiPHX
07-08-09, 10:42 pm
the village, I work there so free membership

PancakeOfDoom
07-09-09, 2:00 am
ah, wish i was in phoenix. last time i was up there i saw nice lookin gyms every 5 minutes lol. i'm westide tucson, del cerro/silverbell area (aka 10min west of ruthrauff/i10), so there is literally nothing. la fitness is 15 min away, anywhere i'd wanna go is bout at least a 25 minute drive. hopefully moving out before the end of the year so can't wait.

C.Coronato
07-09-09, 9:53 am
No worries Pancake. Do what you do and the rest will come. Globo gym or not, its all about what your doing my man.

DrewskiPHX
07-09-09, 3:04 pm
you planning on moving north?

PancakeOfDoom
07-09-09, 3:07 pm
well, if i move in w/ my girl i'll be north, if i move in with my lil bro more than likely further south west

VinceRkg
08-18-09, 6:43 pm
You guys still meeting in AZ? I am new and live in Mesa.....go to 24hr...

rocky36
01-04-10, 2:35 am
So im thinking about moving to the southwest, and im focusing the most on Arizona, but i have a few questions and if any of you can help me with them i would be very greatful !

rocky36
01-04-10, 9:13 pm
Anyone?

brandonA
02-15-10, 11:43 am
Anyone?

What kinda questions you got bro?..Hit me with a PM if you want...

-B

brandonA
02-15-10, 11:48 am
Hey fellas,
I was up on Peoria this weekend and found the perfect gym for an ABC...Die Hard Gym...

http://www.diehardgym.com/

No frills, nothing fancy, no a/c...tire flipping in the alley, Animal posters on the walls....A little out of the way, 2-1/2 hours for me...but this is our kinda place, not like the Golds we had the last one at.....

Lets try to get something together....

Let me know what you all think.....

-B

C.Coronato
02-23-10, 11:15 am
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

charlievanriper
02-23-10, 3:28 pm
So im thinking about moving to the southwest, and im focusing the most on Arizona, but i have a few questions and if any of you can help me with them i would be very greatful !

I'll be around if you have guestions rocky, I'm up on the North Side of Phoenix and will be putting together a lifting club between my Home Gym and 24 hr at Metrocenter.

charlievanriper
02-23-10, 3:39 pm
I'll be around if you have guestions rocky, I'm up on the North Side of Phoenix and will be putting together a lifting club between my Home Gym and 24 hr at Metrocenter.

Here's my Bodyspace group North Phoenix Animals
http://groups.bodybuilding.com/north_phoenix_animals

charlievanriper
03-19-10, 12:39 pm
Just nobody Hardcore in the Valley I guess, Many talk, but then dont show up or follow thier talk with the Walk......Just too bad, so much potential so few that are serious. So few with any true Heart!!!!!

Oh well I shall continue on with the couple real Guys that have shown desire and heart. I have found a couple guys that have asked to train with me after a couple weeks of watching me around the Gym, steady having guys ask me to spot ( as they are pretty much unwilling to ask most in the gym, definately hard to find someone that knows his shit and can spot the right way), Lots of guys asking and turning to me for help in the gym with thier training ( its a great feeling to walk in to a gym and constantly get greeted from young and older lifters alike ). Already I have had 6 guys that I corrected on proper form come back with wow thx bro lol, I'm finding alot of the mistakes are simple, but some are technical. !

Well its great I have 2 guys prepping for contests right now that I have known from my early days in the game, and its good to see them and talk shop again, we train differently but still push each other daily. ( 1 is more into Cardio than I am, but as a Bantamweight cuts are more important than Muscle tone, I will be coming in on the high side of Middle weight and want to have more obvious muscle tone)
Well anyway its nice to be back in the local circuit again making friends and getting my face and name out thier again.

Oh and as for my training I now have a couple guys that have trained other guys both Natural and Pro giving me advice so this is new to me ( although we are finding that I am pretty much in line with thier concepts and have been told I have great potential and my knowelege of this industry and the Training guidelines that will produce Champions are invaluable ) those comments did nothing to humble me lol. Daily I get critiques and instructions of what to put emphasis on and training tips which I have found to be Completely invaluable.
Advice on Shoulders that have resulted in huge gains and development, Legs which are starting to show. Oh how I could go on but I need to hit those legs today 10 sets 10 plus pre exhaustion work and leg Press with high rep calf work today!

It doesnt look like I will get to put together an ABC at 24 hr Fitness but I'm building a nice following and a solid friendly group of serious weight lifters, which will lead to a solid support structure for both myself and those that join me on this Journey and OH what a fun, exciting and wonderous Journey it has started to become!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those that dont want to be a part well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The New Hardcore Crew of Iron Warriors continues on without the excuses, and will continue to grow. What else does any lifter with the desire to create perfection need but to Train hard and focus on what is important; The creation of true brotherhood between doers not off handed talk from judgemental self important clicks of Talkers.

The struggle to avoid mediocrity continues against all odds all Hills and all those that would put up Walls to keep others out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tasteit
03-29-10, 1:02 am
Just moved to Tucson in January and don't really have anyone to train with. if anyone wants to throw down sometime hit me up.

charlievanriper
03-31-10, 12:29 am
good luck!!!!!!!!!!

charlievanriper
04-02-10, 2:43 pm
Well things are starting to hop and pop here in Phx, I'm working on a couple things for the summer. they will be up in the North end of Town and if I can pull this off will include a couple of Local favorites we have here. Well we shall see how things go. The Beast needs to feed and then Roam the local Jungle boys so later on & better lays!!!!!!!!!

Universal Rep
06-18-10, 10:44 am
How far's it to Vegas?

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=967486#post967486

charlievanriper
06-18-10, 11:06 am
I dont know 4 or 5 hrs.

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 10:41 am
For any and all who are interested in attending or participating in the activities of the Westside, Northside ABC and anyone else interested I will be posting for any Phoenix or North Phoenix ABC activity at this thread Started by chance by Vinny lol, but hey it works!!!

We are at 7 and growing!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix, Arizona ABC
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28165

grishaxxx
11-21-10, 1:33 am
Just moved to Tucson in January and don't really have anyone to train with. if anyone wants to throw down sometime hit me up.

Well, you beat me here by a month - moved here from PDX in February, prepped at home while I stalked a job (which I got in May), and signed up at Gold's w/ my first paycheck. Still on the job (great), and still on at Gold's (greater), but even better to work with a bud. Check out my Journey entries.

I notice there haven't been too many entries for the AZ/Tucson ABC group - hope this is not a sign of major attrition or lack of will. Maybe it's just that times are tough. In any case, touch base and we can do some drop sets from hell!

buddah91
12-18-10, 12:12 am
Anyone still on this thread from tucson i just got into bodybuilding and powerlifting this year .i train on the air force base would love to throw down with someone

C.Coronato
01-12-11, 9:42 am
Anyone still on this thread from tucson i just got into bodybuilding and powerlifting this year .i train on the air force base would love to throw down with someone

Whats going on my man, you training with anyone now?

Introvert
01-12-11, 11:58 am
Anyone here go to Gold's Gym? I go to the one in Peoria, just wondering if anyone else does? Let's lift.

C.Coronato
02-22-11, 10:22 am
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Mindlessmaniac
09-19-11, 5:59 pm
Posting here and in the other AZ thread. Looks like neither are particularly active. Any Zonies left on here? I'm in the Tempe area, but I wind up in the northwest side too. If anybody can get to ASU, we got an awesome outdoor weight room worth checking out.

Tom Williams
01-03-12, 2:47 pm
im up in the Scottsdale, Az area looking for a good spot too train... im currently going to the 24 hour here and its one of the worst ive been too.. if anyone knows of a hardcore gym around scottsdale or interested in training hit me up!!

Thanks,
Tom

Tcrooks
02-13-13, 11:20 pm
Doesn't look like this thread is active but I'm down in Tuscon at the university.