PDA

View Full Version : Animal Gear Size/Sizing Thread

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-24-07, 7:45 pm
Wasnt sure where to post this but can someone tell me how the sizing is for the animal gear....im looking into buying a tee and maybe the hoodie....i noticed the hoodie's smallest size is a large so how big would that be? i dont want to be swimming in it....what about the tees? a chest width would be great to compare....my chest is about 44" and my waist is like 30 or 31

thanks guys...i wanna start rockin some animal gear....AND START SELLING THOSE YELLOW ANIMAL TEES!!!! i saw a pic finally and i and a feind now

daninarmy
10-24-07, 8:06 pm
where can I find a pic of the new t shirts

Giant Killer
10-24-07, 8:55 pm
Depends on how you wear your shirts, with a 44" chest, an XL would fit just right. XXL would be more loose fitting.

NickSP
10-24-07, 9:40 pm
Don't know about measurements, but I'm 5'4 165 and I've got the large hoodie, really don't think it'll be too big for you man

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-24-07, 10:15 pm
is the hoodie sorda long? i hate when i bend over and a hoodie goes halfway up my back

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-10-07, 3:43 pm
Depends on how you wear your shirts, with a 44" chest, an XL would fit just right. XXL would be more loose fitting.

i want it to fit pretty well, i like to show off the guns a little bit for puttin in hard work...you really think an XL would fit??? My biceps are around 15 inches

Don't know about measurements, but I'm 5'4 165 and I've got the large hoodie, really don't think it'll be too big for you man

how big are you? chest and biceps sizes? i plan on ordering these monday so any help would be greatly appreciated

Giant Killer
11-10-07, 4:33 pm
i want it to fit pretty well, i like to show off the guns a little bit for puttin in hard work...you really think an XL would fit??? My biceps are around 15 inches

Large for the requirements you've specified. (showin' off a little) Should show it off a little without being too small.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-11-07, 12:17 am
Large for the requirements you've specified. (showin' off a little) Should show it off a little without being too small.

thanks man, i really appreciate it...im really paranoid when it comes to stuff like that for some reason

and also...what do you think about the hoodie? should i go with a Large or an XL? I would want it to fit for a while, at least two years (this year plus next year)

thanks again

drizzt
11-11-07, 9:26 am
go big....gives you something to grow into....haha, just kidding bro, i always just go bigger than what i think cause it's better to have a shirt or something that's too big than too small.

Universal Rep
11-12-07, 4:45 pm
Different Ts have slightly different sizing as they vary in terms of styles bro. Some of the newer ones are coming in 50/50 as these are more popular with the t-shirt gurus like G... Keep in mind that the 100% Ts will shrink...

Lunatic001
01-29-08, 12:40 pm
Animals,

I didn't find anyting on a search so here it goes. I am looking for advice for what shirt size to order. I am going to order one of the new yellow or red shirts and was wondering what size to get. I am 5'9" 232 lbs. I don't know if they run small or big. I usually use XL or XXL depending on the shirts. Maybe as reference, I use the XXL DPS grey shirt which they give for free when you order from them.

Thanks for the help,
Lunatic001

Fury317
01-29-08, 12:46 pm
Depends on how you want it to fit. If you like yoru shirts loose Id definitely say XXL. But an XL would fit you pretty nicely I think. They have a nice drape to them. At 5'11'' 230 the XL fit me perfectly.

Lunatic001
01-29-08, 12:52 pm
Depends on how you want it to fit. If you like yoru shirts loose Id definitely say XXL. But an XL would fit you pretty nicely I think. They have a nice drape to them. At 5'11'' 230 the XL fit me perfectly.

Thanks bro I'll keep that in mind....

firsthorseman97
01-29-08, 12:53 pm
Get the XXL. You can grow into it! LOL!

Lunatic001
01-29-08, 12:55 pm
Get the XXL. You can grow into it! LOL!

You're right....I need to grow anyways...lol...

waugie14
01-29-08, 1:49 pm
Go with the XXL dude

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 1:51 pm
is it me or the red xxl is bigger than yellow xxl?

anyways i love my shirts i wear them everywhere

GRUNT
01-29-08, 1:52 pm
i just got mine, i am your size except 6 ft 2....go with the XXL..it does have a nice fit to it..

Lunatic001
01-29-08, 1:59 pm
is it me or the red xxl is bigger than yellow xxl?

anyways i love my shirts i wear them everywhere

They are sick bro...but do you suggest XL or XXL

i just got mine, i am your size except 6 ft 2....go with the XXL..it does have a nice fit to it..

I hope it does bro and if it's too big, then it's motivation to grow....

Lunatic001
02-01-08, 5:47 pm
I ordered the XXL for me and my wife liked the color so much that she had me order her a medium, which is the smallest.....

Lunatic001

RobotsThink
02-05-08, 1:43 am
hey fellas
from where are you ordering ? pls gimme me the shopping link .
Thanks

firsthorseman97
02-05-08, 7:30 am
hey fellas
from where are you ordering ? pls gimme me the shopping link .
Thanks

Here ya go:

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/category.cfm?id=20

Enforcer
02-13-08, 11:31 am
Go with the XXL, will fit you perfectly. Later, Meat.

prowrestler
04-11-08, 8:39 pm
i was interested in buying one of the T's from the shop. i saw that they said 50/50 cotton polyester or somthing to give you that great drape.

A. whats drape mean?

B. are the T shirts made to fit a bodybuilder? like, is it tailored to our proportions? smaller waist and all.

also, do they fit tighter or looser then normal t shirts. i am inbetween sizes right now, i am ripping the seems of a medium because my back and chest and delts are just simply waaay to big for it but the waist is abit loose, and a large, i look like a monk in it because i am only 5 foot 7. the torso fits fine but my waist and length are too big.

sorry for being a fashion bitch lol! just wanna heads up to see if i should purchase a shirt from the shop or not. great prices, cool logos i respect and if it fits better then normal man clothing, i am in. i am running outta shirts that i have not ripped yet lol!!!

NPRamirez
04-11-08, 8:47 pm
I've had similar problems, although i have not ripped any t-shirts. Except some lame abercrombie small shirt. As an experiement. Don't judge me, you know you have all done the hulk in a small t-shirt to feel big.

Anyway, sorry i can't answer your Q. I have not bought one :(

GRUNT
04-11-08, 9:32 pm
i was interested in buying one of the T's from the shop. i saw that they said 50/50 cotton polyester or somthing to give you that great drape.

A. whats drape mean?

B. are the T shirts made to fit a bodybuilder? like, is it tailored to our proportions? smaller waist and all.

also, do they fit tighter or looser then normal t shirts. i am inbetween sizes right now, i am ripping the seems of a medium because my back and chest and delts are just simply waaay to big for it but the waist is abit loose, and a large, i look like a monk in it because i am only 5 foot 7. the torso fits fine but my waist and length are too big.

sorry for being a fashion bitch lol! just wanna heads up to see if i should purchase a shirt from the shop or not. great prices, cool logos i respect and if it fits better then normal man clothing, i am in. i am running outta shirts that i have not ripped yet lol!!!

The 50/50 blend means it wont shrink up on you as would a 100% cotton blend.

"The drape" refers to the feel and the way it hangs off of your body. Some cotton blends are stiff feeling and very ridgid. The iconic t's are very light and loose and the seem to lay perfect on the shoulders and chest. There isnt any kind of taper at all to the shirt. I would go with a large in my opinion for your body size, it will fit perfect and wash well.

prowrestler
04-11-08, 9:36 pm
The 50/50 blend means it wont shrink up on you as would a 100% cotton blend.

"The drape" refers to the feel and the way it hangs off of your body. Some cotton blends are stiff feeling and very ridgid. The iconic t's are very light and loose and the seem to lay perfect on the shoulders and chest. There isnt any kind of taper at all to the shirt. I would go with a large in my opinion for your body size, it will fit perfect and wash well.

thanks man. im still gettin a hell of a lot bigger!

NickSP
04-11-08, 9:36 pm
"The drape" refers to the feel and the way it hangs off of your body. Some cotton blends are stiff feeling and very ridgid. The iconic t's are very light and loose and the seem to lay perfect on the shoulders and chest. There isnt any kind of taper at all to the shirt.

Yeah, feels like a "curtain" sitting on your upper torso.

GRUNT
04-11-08, 9:37 pm
thanks man. im still gettin a hell of a lot bigger!

then fuck it go for the XL and be proactive!!!

Chin
04-11-08, 9:47 pm

A. whats drape mean?

1) I can only assume that drape means the coverage over the chest... Basically how it fits over your chest and mid section as opposed to squeezing it like most shirts do...

2) I have 3 Iconics... 2XL Yellows and 1XXL Red.... If you look at my proportions the yellows fit me snug... but to a degree I like my clothes like that... I too am In between sizes... the XXL fits excellent... I have tons of length... fits me better than most of my other T shirts... Tons of room for the Traps and chest...

Depends on how you like your shirts I think they did make them to fit bodybuilders in mind to a degree...

Hope this helps

Chin

LHS Monster
04-11-08, 10:28 pm
dude do you seriously believe that our beloved animalpak would make a shirt NOT to fit bodybuilders???

intoodeep25
04-11-08, 10:47 pm
for real i wish all my shirts fit like my iconic t..most comfortable shirt plus it accents my shoulders chest and traps

BrotherInArms
04-12-08, 3:25 pm
It's a good feel, but even the XXL would be tight on anyone over 200 lbs.

GrayBull
04-12-08, 3:51 pm
I agree. There is no taper, but it doesn't fluff out around the stomach either. The iconic shirts are so comfortable...just shoot for the next size up since you're looking to grow into it.

prowrestler
04-12-08, 9:12 pm
well, i can afford to buy a bigger size when i grow into it. they're 15 bucks man! and i like my shirts tight on me, not overly tight there but fitted. like i said, normal t shirts, medium, i am ripping the armpit area and fight to squeeze my arms into it. i flex in my new shirts with a variety of poses to stretch it out and give room for my muscles to fit.

so, if it doesnt puff out around the waist and can fit my upper body, YES!!!!!

just a question, how much you think you should weigh to fit in a large or xtra large???

realise that we all are made up differently but say on average. body fat percentage of 15%

intoodeep25
04-12-08, 9:29 pm
lol just order a shirt bro..if you like them tighter then hit up the large, if you want it to fit real comfy and have a little drapage go for the xl

LegendKillerJosh
04-12-08, 9:42 pm

A. whats drape mean?

I'm 5'10, 215 pounds, and an XL fits perfect.

Elite
04-12-08, 9:49 pm
I'm 5'10, 215 pounds, and an XL fits perfect.

x2
I'm 5'10, 227lbs and XL is a good fit.

TheBassGuy
04-12-08, 9:51 pm
Im only 5'6 and the iconic shirt seems to fit me some what like a dress. But it's still the most comfortable shirt I've ever put on.

houseofpain
04-12-08, 10:46 pm
Unfortunately, no shirt out there will fit us bodybuilders the way it does everyone else. It's part of the sport. Take pride that you wear that size shirt as some and your weight comes in the form of hard work, sacrifice and dedication. But to answer your question, it has a very nice drape. I regret getting the large because it is too small. I'm 5'10, 210 and it is a bit snugger then I would like. I'd recommend the XL if your anywhere in my weight/height.

RenegadeRows
04-14-08, 3:30 pm
do they fit (sizing) like the yellow and the red iconic tees? do they drape down like the iconic tees? I noticed they were 100% cotton...do they shrink bad after washes?

GRUNT
04-14-08, 3:34 pm
do they fit (sizing) like the yellow and the red iconic tees? do they drape down like the iconic tees? I noticed they were 100% cotton...do they shrink bad after washes?

I have a few of them, they dont drape like the iconic tees at all. They are a little more stiff and shrink up a bit. I would go a size up then what you normally wear so when you wash it, it doesnt look like your wearing your little brothers tshirt.

JMC
04-14-08, 3:39 pm
I just have a plain Animal black tee I got free from DPS a while back. It don't think it shrunk that much. Def. not as comfortable as the Iconic tee, but still not too bad. If anything it's a little short and wide for my taste.

Universal Rep
04-14-08, 3:40 pm
That's right. They're 100% cotton, so they'll come out of the dryer stiffer. They also have a stiffer drape. Because they are 100% cotton, they can shrink a bit--not much--so keep that in mind when ordering. I believe they use preshrunk cotton, so that minimizes things.

RenegadeRows
04-14-08, 6:25 pm
sweet! thanks for quick responses guys. I wear a large in the iconics so I ordered an XL in the black tee. Hope it fits right after a couple of washes :)

Lift4Life
04-20-08, 12:19 pm
Gang, call me a girl but I am curious is the Yellow Iconic T an athletic fit style of T? I usually wear a Large unless they are cut different. As much as I like showing off the physique I don't want to look like I stole one of my nephews T shirts.

Pizzalamp
04-20-08, 12:20 pm
Gang, call me a girl but I am curious is the Yellow Iconic T an athletic fit style of T? I usually wear a Large unless they are cut different. As much as I like showing off the physique I don't want to look like I stole one of my nephews T shirts.

it fits real good around the chest shoulders then has a nice drape to it

Lift4Life
04-20-08, 12:57 pm
So I am guessing I should get one size up, an XL as it sounds like this fits a bit more snug than your average T.

Cstlfx
04-20-08, 1:05 pm
To me, they're not snug. They're made for bodybuilders. The shoulders and chest have more room in them so they fit much better, a little tighter in the midsection so you dont look like a sail. They're comfortable and tend not to shrink in the dryer like the black Animal T's do. If you wear a Large in regular T's, get a large in this one as well.

Lift4Life
04-20-08, 1:08 pm
Thank you brother. I appreciate it. I will stick with a Large then.

Lift4Life
04-21-08, 7:12 pm
Fellas, I take it with the Animal Iconic T's that if I wear a Large in a regular T I am fine getting a Large Iconic T, correct? Regular T's fit just right highlighting my physique without making it look like I am wearing a Boy's Medium. If it is an Athletic Fit, I need an XL.

Lift4Life
04-21-08, 7:22 pm
I am glad I read this thread fellas. I am a shade under 5'11 and about 215 lbs and was going to pick up a L but now I think I will go with an XL. I want the T to accent my physique without being too snug.

callme47
04-21-08, 10:20 pm
It's a good feel, but even the XXL would be tight on anyone over 200 lbs.

I agree.

knockout509
06-15-08, 7:49 pm
no size small? I know, i know. im not that small, but i like tight shirts and i have a feeling the meduim will be a little loose.

LiftBig315
06-15-08, 8:29 pm
get bigger ;)

daninarmy
06-15-08, 8:53 pm
buy a med and make it a goal goal to make that shirt tight

Cstlfx
06-15-08, 9:59 pm

You'll get that from almost everyone. Instead of a mirror, scale, or tape measure, you can use your shirt to see how well you're growing.

Enforcer
06-16-08, 8:31 am
no size small? I know, i know. im not that small, but i like tight shirts and i have a feeling the meduim will be a little loose.

That means its time to add some size brotha

Nutir
07-06-08, 9:18 am
Hey guys,

wasn't sure we're to place it, sorry if it doesn't belong in here.

So, I finally got the answer from the swiss universal distributor, and he wants 40$ per t-shirt, which I find a little too expensive.
I'm currently trying to contact some friends in the states to see if I could ship them from the shop to their place, so that they could fedex it to me afterwards.

Here my question: I'm 6'1 (185cm), currently around 200lbs and have pretty broad shoulders (according to friends/family).
Not being familiar with american sizes, I wasn't sure which one to pick. Any ideas ?
What about the hoodie ? Wanted to order one of those too :)
My goals are currently to lose around 10lbs of fat then bulk up again.

The only american clothes I have is some abercrombie stuff a friend got me when she was in NY (yes abercrombie is still trendy around here :D).
I wear Large T-shirts and XL hoodies from there, is the sizing the same ?

Thanks !

-Nutir

houseofpain
07-06-08, 10:31 am
You can fit into abercrombie shit? Wow...I seriously can't shop there because even the XXXL's are too small. Their clothing comes ridiculously small. As far as sizing goes, I'd stay with the same size you normally wear. Bulk, cut, whatever. You still wear the same size clothes it just fits differently. Another little joy of bodybuilding.

Nutir
07-06-08, 11:11 am
You can fit into abercrombie shit? Wow...I seriously can't shop there because even the XXXL's are too small. Their clothing comes ridiculously small. As far as sizing goes, I'd stay with the same size you normally wear. Bulk, cut, whatever. You still wear the same size clothes it just fits differently. Another little joy of bodybuilding.

I'm not huge (yet!) so I still fit in abercrombie t-shirts :D

I'm wearing pretty much a large in anything I buy here, but I was asking because american sizing is different than what I am used to.
I thougth about ordering a couple of Larges hoping that they would fit and order different sizes if needed, but because I have to have a "middle-man" I'd rather do one big order with everything I want from the shop (t's, hoodie, posters, etc..).

houseofpain
07-06-08, 11:19 am
I'm not huge (yet!) so I still fit in abercrombie t-shirts :D

I'm wearing pretty much a large in anything I buy here, but I was asking because american sizing is different than what I am used to.
I thougth about ordering a couple of Larges hoping that they would fit and order different sizes if needed, but because I have to have a "middle-man" I'd rather do one big order with everything I want from the shop (t's, hoodie, posters, etc..).

That sounds like a smart idea. Personally, I fit nicely into XL t-shirts from the shop. But then again, I like mine a little big. Why don't you order a large and an XL in a couple shirts you like. Worst case, the XL is too big. Then it's just inspiration to grow and one day fit into the shirt. And if the large is too small, then it's a perfect shirt to wear when you want to show off all that hard earned muscle. It's a win win brother.

Nutir
07-06-08, 11:57 am
That sounds like a smart idea. Personally, I fit nicely into XL t-shirts from the shop. But then again, I like mine a little big. Why don't you order a large and an XL in a couple shirts you like. Worst case, the XL is too big. Then it's just inspiration to grow and one day fit into the shirt. And if the large is too small, then it's a perfect shirt to wear when you want to show off all that hard earned muscle. It's a win win brother.

That's a great idea!

If the larges are really too small I'll just wear them when I stay at home, get my dad pissed a little more :D
XL, even if too large, could still be used to lift..

I'll do that for now. If everything goes as planned I should be in NY in september, guess I could order a couple more in the right size at that moment!
How long is the delivery time from the shop ? (to NY)

houseofpain
07-06-08, 12:37 pm
No clue dude. I know the shop is usually good about getting you your shit as soon as possible. I've got a bunch of stuff from there and I'm always surprised at how fast it shows up on my doorstep.

Desert Muscle
07-06-08, 3:47 pm

You'll get that from almost everyone. Instead of a mirror, scale, or tape measure, you can use your shirt to see how well you're growing.

Damn. I thought I was the only one who set goals like that ;) Well played sirs... well played.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-06-08, 5:19 pm
I'm gonna have to start buying mediums....I think the larges make me look like an idiot because they're a little TOO big on me...plus I've lost 25 pounds since my surgery

SA-Hulk
07-07-08, 2:48 am
Yo, whats up guys,
Im heading up the South African ABC in the Eastern Cape of SA. But getting animal gear over here is near on impossible. I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas how i can get it shipped, what it'll cost etc... I want to set up our first meet in around a month, so time is of the essence. I've already dropped past U-Rep and Animal Rep, but no replies.
Thanx guys

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-07-08, 6:57 pm
Yo, whats up guys,
Im heading up the South African ABC in the Eastern Cape of SA. But getting animal gear over here is near on impossible. I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas how i can get it shipped, what it'll cost etc... I want to set up our first meet in around a month, so time is of the essence. I've already dropped past U-Rep and Animal Rep, but no replies.
Thanx guys

I could maybe sell you 3 large tees on ebay that I have...only been worn a few times and washed a couple....I need mediums now from all the weight I lost

That is, if Universal couldn't ship em to ya

ahming88
07-13-08, 9:07 pm
hey guys,

will appreciate some help on this, i'm gonna order the Yellow Animal Iconic T-Shirt and im not sure which size to choose from.

i've already got the Black "GO HARD or GO HOME" t-shirt, its a XL, pretty loose fit on me.

So im wondering which size should i get for the Animal Iconic T-Shirt since it is made of cotton/poly blend?

advice please!
thanks!

ahming88
07-13-08, 9:07 pm
heres my stats and measurements in case you guys need it...

200lbs
44.5" chest
17" arms
32" waist

:)

prowrestler
07-13-08, 10:49 pm
heres my stats and measurements in case you guys need it...

200lbs
44.5" chest
17" arms
32" waist

:)

gonna be loose on the waist even in a small!!! nice taper!

depends also how TALL you are. i got nearly 16 inch arms but its no where near that around my elbows so in a shirt that fits my back/chest/delts, it will be baggy on my elbows and waist. it sucks being 5 foot 7!!!! a medium is long on me. i gotta cut all my shirts or tailor them. thats why im a fan of button shirts cause you can shrink the waist. im a size 17 or a large if its a normal short sleeve button shirt.

im 185lbs
43inch chest but far wider delts so it fits tighter
16 inch arms
33.5 inch waist

Mcdiesel14
07-13-08, 11:02 pm
dude i'm right around your size i've got larges in all the shirts i have and they all fit fine but my yellow iconic is a little more loose than the red one I bought but who knows. they are all bad.

callme47
07-13-08, 11:03 pm
Def get a double x

ahming88
07-14-08, 2:10 am
gonna be loose on the waist even in a small!!! nice taper!

depends also how TALL you are. i got nearly 16 inch arms but its no where near that around my elbows so in a shirt that fits my back/chest/delts, it will be baggy on my elbows and waist. it sucks being 5 foot 7!!!! a medium is long on me. i gotta cut all my shirts or tailor them. thats why im a fan of button shirts cause you can shrink the waist. im a size 17 or a large if its a normal short sleeve button shirt.

im 185lbs
43inch chest but far wider delts so it fits tighter
16 inch arms
33.5 inch waist

im 5'11 200lbs, i feel for you, cos a buddy of mine is encountering the same prob man...

dude i'm right around your size i've got larges in all the shirts i have and they all fit fine but my yellow iconic is a little more loose than the red one I bought but who knows. they are all bad.

is L size fitting for u or kinda loose?? im afraid the sleeves for L size will be too short for my height.

kinda confused still, L or XL. hmmm...

Def get a double x

damn, mayb when im around 240lbs lean, den mayb i'll consider that bro... but thanks for the reply!

ahming88
07-14-08, 2:22 am
heres a pic of me in XL "GO HARD or GO HOME" TEE.

hopefully base on what you guys see in the pic, prolly able to tell me what size to get. yes, im an ecto when i start lifting :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2667218000_08b1dae1ce.jpg

thanks ppl.

Universal Rep
07-17-08, 12:46 pm
Bumping, on account of a couple of questions I got recently...

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-17-08, 4:46 pm
I have a medium and while it fits really well in the chest, the arms still aren't filled....I think you would have to have 16+ inch biceps to fill those bad boys....which I don't have

Universal Rep
07-17-08, 4:51 pm
I have a medium and while it fits really well in the chest, the arms still aren't filled....I think you would have to have 16+ inch biceps to fill those bad boys....which I don't have

Many have been known to cut Animal Ts to make sleeveless Ts... But I'm gonna guess then you'd never fill out the sleeves.

ant0064
07-17-08, 8:42 pm
Ok it sounds like I need an XL in some of the tees...I'd like for it to be kinda loose but I don't want to be swimming in it, if it's tight around the chest and arms, that's ok. Does anyone know how big the arms acutally are in certain sizes? here's some stats:

Arms: 17 3/4"
Chest: 51"
Waist: 35"

Just want to double check. Oh what about the hoodie? I really want to make the purchase but I want it to fit a little loose. Thanks!

ahming88
07-17-08, 9:20 pm

i have 16.5" arms, but i cant get a medium, it will be very very tight in the chest/shoulders area, maybe even at the waist.

Many have been known to cut Animal Ts to make sleeveless Ts... But I'm gonna guess then you'd never fill out the sleeves.

gotta agree on this, the only guys i see who fills it out completely are IFBB pros. HA!

maybe i gotta try cutting out the sleeves, having ragged edges when i get the iconic-tees?

Ok it sounds like I need an XL in some of the tees...I'd like for it to be kinda loose but I don't want to be swimming in it, if it's tight around the chest and arms, that's ok. Does anyone know how big the arms acutally are in certain sizes? here's some stats:

Arms: 17 3/4"
Chest: 51"
Waist: 35"

Just want to double check. Oh what about the hoodie? I really want to make the purchase but I want it to fit a little loose. Thanks!

for hoodies i'll normally get a size larger than what i normally wear for t-shirts, so in your case, a XXL will be good for you.

jambarino
07-17-08, 11:12 pm
im 6'2 225 with 15 inch arms not flexed and just got a large red iconic tee and it fits fine.a lil loose in the waist but not too bad.arms dont fill it out but close.length is perfect even after wash and dry.

ahming88
07-18-08, 2:20 am
im 6'2 225 with 15 inch arms not flexed and just got a large red iconic tee and it fits fine.a lil loose in the waist but not too bad.arms dont fill it out but close.length is perfect even after wash and dry.

sounds great. my arms are 15" when not flexed too... if possible can you post up a pic?

thanks

ForearmFreak
07-18-08, 7:59 am
I just got both the red and yellow shirt. I got them both in XL and they aren't that big on me nice and loose. Oh by the way, when you put these shirts on, there is a immediate 10% increase in strength just because your wearing the shirt...haha

Nutir
07-24-08, 10:05 am
I just got both the red and yellow shirt. I got them both in XL and they aren't that big on me nice and loose. Oh by the way, when you put these shirts on, there is a immediate 10% increase in strength just because your wearing the shirt...haha

And an increase in female reaction because you're wearing yellow or red :D

Just got mine, the L fit pretty good, kinda short but ok. The XL are really lose, so I'll use them for leg/back days :D

cstmgp
02-19-09, 10:41 pm
Ordering my first T-shirts from the site, just wondering how the sizes run. I'm 6' tall, weighing in around 200 lbs, I'm leaning towards an XL, just don't want to be swimming in it at the Arnold in case they run big.
Shaun

pmug0000
02-19-09, 10:57 pm
My guess is XL would be about right for you. I'm 5'8 193 and large fits me about right. And if it's a little big your new goal can be to fill it out...

Pizzalamp
02-19-09, 11:14 pm
go w/ a large so u look xtra jacked...and if u are very tan and have the thick vein on the bicep go with the red iconic tshirt-looks good

eric downey
02-20-09, 12:18 am
i wear a xl

B-rad89
02-22-09, 8:54 pm
How do the Animal shirts run? Like... comparing them to other shirts.

One of my group of shirts are XL and fit nice and lose. The other are XL and they are like squeezing into baby gap crap.

Pizzalamp
02-22-09, 9:15 pm
How do the Animal shirts run? Like... comparing them to other shirts.

One of my group of shirts are XL and fit nice and lose. The other are XL and they are like squeezing into baby gap crap.

hey man.
xl fits good on most here...form fitting and has a nice drape

i recommend u get the L so u look xtra jacked...and if u have the thick vein on your bicep then it will look even better

B-rad89
02-22-09, 9:17 pm
hey man.
xl fits good on most here...form fitting and has a nice drape

i recommend u get the L so u look xtra jacked...and if u have the thick vein on your bicep then it will look even better

Na man, I got fit shirts for going out. I like feeling loose when lifting.

Shoulda put stats;

6'3
217lbs

So xl gunna hang nice and loose then?

Universal Rep
03-04-09, 10:41 am
Bumpin' as I've been getting a ton of questions on this lately...

MrMuscles22
03-04-09, 12:26 pm
I am 6' and 300lbs and my red iconic shirt is an XL and fits great! A lil tight, but I look fucking swole in it. If you bust your ass everyday in the gym and have the muscle to show for it, why not get a smaller size and show it off :-)

wedge
03-04-09, 1:44 pm
I'm 5'6", 220 lbs and the XL fits good on me, leaves some room to fill out, but doesn't look ridiculous. I also have an L that fits nice if I feel the need to impress.

dannynb
03-04-09, 1:51 pm
Hmmm....I'm 6'2" 241lbs and I wear the XXL...little room in it not tight which is how i Like to wear my shirts....plus I am trying to grow to fill it out a bit better. To me a shirt doesn't make ya look big or small it's the muscle or lack of that does that.

cstmgp
03-04-09, 6:04 pm
Mine came in, the XL iconic is a little big, not a dress, but it'll take some time to grow into.
Shaun

tomyuk
03-31-09, 2:43 pm
hey i live in uk and looking at the UK version of animal pak, the red t shirt only comes in large.

could someone tell me what this size is?

like the chest size.

i am usually a 42-44" chest

i am 6.1 and 200lb if thats any help (been training for 5 months so im not swole as of yet)

would it be too big for me

bigffmike
03-31-09, 3:00 pm
I think 42-44 are Large and 46-48 are XL
You can contact the shop and ask TheShop@animalpak.com

Universal Rep
03-31-09, 3:02 pm
hey i live in uk and looking at the UK version of animal pak, the red t shirt only comes in large.

could someone tell me what this size is?

like the chest size.

i am usually a 42-44" chest

i am 6.1 and 200lb if thats any help (been training for 5 months so im not swole as of yet)

would it be too big for me

Many members here are from the U.K. so maybe they can help... In the meantime, there's some good info here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16929&highlight=t-shirt

omgi
03-31-09, 3:07 pm
Anyone know if the uk store ships internationally? The US one doesn't (if it hasn't started to do that, last time I checked was about 7 months ago or something).

ἀνήρ
06-25-09, 11:40 am
i don't know it can be the right section...
how can i guess the right size for the animal shirt?
anybody knows the size of the chest that m-l-xl is appropriate for?

10x

Menace
06-28-09, 11:03 am
i'm 5'8 195lbs, the large T fits well until i get pumped up and than its super tight, so large or xL will fit you with no worries. I'm short and they fit like a shirt should.

Universal Rep
07-24-09, 9:39 am
Been fielding a higher than normal amount of questions on this lately, so bump fellas...

Fury317
07-24-09, 9:45 am
Just to help URep out a little, Im 5'10'' 225 lbs around 16-17 BF%. The XL fits very nicely, the sleeves get a tad snug when training in them, but overall great fit.

Just my opinion, but if youre over 200lbs buy an XL, leave the tight shirts for the club boys.

Universal Rep
12-01-09, 3:09 pm
PSA

InkdMuscle
12-01-09, 3:22 pm
Just to help URep out a little, Im 5'10'' 225 lbs around 16-17 BF%. The XL fits very nicely, the sleeves get a tad snug when training in them, but overall great fit.

Just my opinion, but if youre over 200lbs buy an XL, leave the tight shirts for the club boys.

haha true. Maybe Corp should make a custom size for me. XL sleeves in a L body. my larges fit great its just the sleeves are tight on the guns. LOL. If i wear an XL im swimming in it. ;)

Razor
12-02-09, 11:40 am
I have to order some new ones....the ones i have don't fit anymore :( Not to say that's a bad thing since i've gone up a whole size and all.

McFly
12-02-09, 11:41 am
haha true. Maybe Corp should make a custom size for me. XL sleeves in a L body. my larges fit great its just the sleeves are tight on the guns. LOL. If i wear an XL im swimming in it. ;)

sounds like you need to work on filling out the XL!!!! get in the kitchen!!!!

InkdMuscle
12-02-09, 12:57 pm
sounds like you need to work on filling out the XL!!!! get in the kitchen!!!!

and thats hopefully something i can accomplish with rages bulking constest. we shall see. the cage isnt that far away.

Blue blazer
12-02-09, 1:43 pm
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some more animal gear, looking to buy the shorts and the sweatshirt. I'm around 5'10 and 185. I have the Iconic Tees in both Medium and Large, but medium is a much better fit. I also have the animal zip hoodie in large, it's a small fit though.

What size should I get the sweatshirt in? Large? XL?

Also, what size do you think I should get the shorts? Large? My legs are fair sized.

TheTinyHulk
01-22-10, 9:40 am
I'm planning on putting in a gear order but had a few questions on sizing and was seeing if anyone with some gear could help me out. Does this gear fit like "normal" clothes. I know my Icon T was a bit too short and on the site it says the hoodie runs small. Just wondering if it all runs a bit small.

C.Coronato
01-22-10, 9:51 am
I personally wear everything true. If i have an XL in a hoodie, its an XL in all the shirts, and its an XL all across the board in everything else i own.

TheTinyHulk
01-22-10, 10:00 am
Word, I just know some companies adjust sizing to fit a "bodybuilder" body type. Which either way, I don't mind just don't want to ship stuff back and forth. I'll give true sizing a go and hope for the best.

The_Legacy
01-22-10, 4:54 pm
I personally wear everything true. If i have an XL in a hoodie, its an XL in all the shirts, and its an XL all across the board in everything else i own.

I thought you'd be heading up to xxl soon ;)

Razor
01-24-10, 1:10 pm
Now that i'm creeping into the XL category, this thread reminds me i have to place an order soon.

Legacy
06-13-10, 11:44 pm
So I was going to buy a grey Universal Sleeveless shirt, but when I went to purchase I saw there was only sizes medium and xxl available. Do any of yall own these, if so, do the shirts run pretty big or are they running small. I wear size XL t-shirts, so I wanted to know how these fit before I buy one.

moreofme2kill
06-14-10, 12:02 am
just buy the xxl and grow. problem solved.

Legacy
06-14-10, 12:09 am
just buy the xxl and grow. problem solved.

lol good point, question answered, thread closed.

Cstlfx
06-14-10, 12:10 am
If you're not growing fast enough, washing in hot water and dried on high works well too.

Universal Rep
03-28-11, 10:37 am
Bumping this for questions.

mritter3
03-28-11, 10:51 am
Bumping this for questions.

ok...any news on adding some more shirts to the shop?...seems like a lot of people are interested in some.

Universal Rep
03-28-11, 2:01 pm
ok...any news on adding some more shirts to the shop?...seems like a lot of people are interested in some.

Can ya be more specific?

Rexor91
03-30-11, 10:53 pm
Can ya be more specific?

Yeah... Why are the Universal Take Tops $25 a piece!?

Cellardweller
03-31-11, 12:20 pm
Can the Animal shop and Universal shop be combined? It would be great to only have to submit one order.

Universal Rep
06-06-11, 11:41 am
Can the Animal shop and Universal shop be combined? It would be great to only have to submit one order.

Unfortunately not from what I understand... They are two diff shops that require two diff logins...