PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding Myth: The Bicep Peak

Vinny G
10-28-07, 4:15 pm
i cant tell you how many i times i have heard someone say....do concentration curls to build a peak....or do barbell curls for mass.

if me and some random person trained together for a year, doing the exact same workouts, at the end of the year we would have EXACT opposit results.

i hardly ever do anything to build a peak, and most of my arm training revolves around barbell curls and dumbell curls....i dont have big arm, but i have a great peak.

i have seen guys only do cable curls, concentration curls and any other curl for a peak...and only come up with a huge no peak arm.

dont believe an exercise will give you a result...your genetics play in too much, just use exercises for variaty....and just enjoy the gym.

Maccabee
10-28-07, 4:19 pm
Wow! i will be honest I never knew that at all. I always thought barbell curls were for mass and concentration curls were for the peak. Thanks for clearin it up Vinny.

Vinny G
10-28-07, 4:33 pm
Wow! i will be honest I never knew that at all. I always thought barbell curls were for mass and concentration curls were for the peak. Thanks for clearin it up Vinny.

anytime CUZ

NickSP
10-28-07, 6:02 pm
Hopefully people will listen now since a pro is saying it.

Shukin
10-28-07, 6:09 pm
Hopefully people will listen now since a pro is saying it.
Arnold was a pro and in both his books he says concentration curls will help add size to your biceps.....
What about preachers for lengthening the bicep?

ChandlerXJ
10-28-07, 6:33 pm
Isn't it true you can't change the shape of a muscle, you can only change the size of it. Muscles either get bigger or smaller. You can't shape them.

NickSP
10-28-07, 6:51 pm
Arnold was a pro and in both his books he says concentration curls will help add size to your biceps.....
What about preachers for lengthening the bicep?

Sorry for Arnold-worshippers for the "blasphemy" that is about to ensue.

Just because he's Arnold doesn't mean all he says is truth. What I meant is that I've been saying what Vinny posted for a while now and people still keep talking about it, but hopefully people will take it more seriously since he said it, being an Animal forum people tend to really take what these guys say seriously. Ant agrees with me on these things as well

Shukin
10-28-07, 7:01 pm
Just because he's Arnold doesn't mean all he says is truth.
Oh no, I thought he was the king of bodybuilding!!!! lol Arnold for President is my mantra......
I hear ya bro, I think allot of what is in his books is dated info, though I get a hell of allot out of reading them. Just pointing out there are many "pros" out there talking about what they feel has worked for them, like Vinny said, it comes down to genetics, with a hell of allot of hard work.

Respect NickSP,

naturalguy
10-28-07, 7:04 pm
Isn't it true you can't change the shape of a muscle, you can only change the size of it. Muscles either get bigger or smaller. You can't shape them.

That is true

Maccabee
10-28-07, 7:54 pm
Well this is a process of learning bros. When I read arnolds book I believed everything he said...well cause he is fuckin ARNOLD 7 time mr olympia lol. But I am glad I know the truth now.

Shukin
10-28-07, 8:05 pm
But don't let "GENETICS" become a curse!!!!!!!!
You can do anything you put your mind to, don't fall back on it's my poor "genetics". Take hold, take responsibility, you are your own master!

JMC
10-28-07, 8:40 pm
You can do anything you put your mind to, don't fall back on it's my poor "genetics". Take hold, take responsibility, you are your own master!

Indeed this is a great point! I know Vinny wasn't trying to give excuses here, and he makes a great point as well obviously...don't think there's a magic lift out there that's going to change your genetic make up, but at the same time don't let your genetics hold you down.

Shukin
10-28-07, 9:15 pm
Well this is a process of learning bros. When I read arnolds book I believed everything he said...well cause he is fuckin ARNOLD 7 time mr olympia lol. But I am glad I know the truth now.
Arnold's truth is truth, it worked for him... it may not work for others as Vinny says above. When I say it's 'dated', supplements have made huge advancements since the writing of his books, bodybuilding has also become more recognized as a 'science' and studied as such. Arnold was a pioneer! He pretty much came up with the split system. He preaches form, very important! The exercises in his books work, just look at the guy..... I love his 'autobiography', he set his goals and achieved them... He is the man... Hell now retired bodybuilders can run for political office because of him.... Frank Zane for mayer, Ronnie Coleman for senate.

Tron
10-28-07, 9:47 pm
What a gem here! How amazing it is to have people with such experience like what you have, Vinny, actually take the time to help the inexperienced.

Vinny G
10-29-07, 6:15 am

bottom line....you can not change the shape of your muscle.

you CAN do anything you put your mind to, but there is noway in hell you are going to change the shape of how your muscle grows....the length and shape are all set at birth.

some guys get huge arms -no peak, some guys get decent shape/size with a peak, and i had a client that i trained for over 5 yrs, and his arms had ZERO shape.

i'm also saying.....train with an overall variety of exercises to cover all angles, if the end results are a huge peaked full bicep....then you hit the jackpot.

NickSP
10-29-07, 1:16 pm

you CAN do anything you put your mind to, but there is noway in hell you are going to change the shape of how your muscle grows....the length and shape are all set at birth.

some guys get huge arms -no peak, some guys get decent shape/size with a peak, and i had a client that i trained for over 5 yrs, and his arms had ZERO shape.

i'm also saying.....train with an overall variety of exercises to cover all angles, if the end results are a huge peaked full bicep....then you hit the jackpot.

+1, great post.

Shukin
10-29-07, 6:34 pm
....the length and shape are all set at birth.

Does this mean preachers will lengthen the bicep is also a fallacy?
Hitting the muscles from different angles will only make them grow as they are meant to..... A rose is a rose and a blue violet a blue violet. Both beautiful flowers as they are. The rose does not seek to be a blue violet nor the blue violet a rose.
Cheers

bobbymart
10-29-07, 9:30 pm

Good post cuz!! (i'm going to help bring it back)

Vinny G
10-29-07, 10:06 pm
Does this mean preachers will lengthen the bicep is also a fallacy?
Hitting the muscles from different angles will only make them grow as they are meant to..... A rose is a rose and a blue violet a blue violet. Both beautiful flowers as they are. The rose does not seek to be a blue violet nor the blue violet a rose.
Cheers

NO exercise can lengthen any muscle....its IMPOSSIBLE

Shukin
10-30-07, 2:38 am
Gotcha'

Thanks for that.

Mr.Totality
10-30-07, 7:47 am
damn right Vinny. Everyone is different and for the most part each exercise will vary in result

Vinny G
10-30-07, 11:38 am
damn right Vinny. Everyone is different and for the most part each exercise will vary in result

i was just reading on a PILATES website THAT "PILATES" makes muscles longer AND LEANER....and lifting weights only makes you bulky.

i dont know where these "experts" get their info from.....i'm sure if they read this, they will laugh at my writings too?

Shukin
10-31-07, 6:47 pm
Hey Vinny, just a quick question on what you feel the difference in using the ez-curl bar and the Barbell for curls?

Vinny G
10-31-07, 6:56 pm
Hey Vinny, just a quick question on what you feel the difference in using the ez-curl bar and the Barbell for curls?

if you know from what i have been saying about variety....i like doing barbell one workout and ez bar the next.

since my minor bicep injury last year, some times it hurts to do the ez bar.

ever since my dad brought home an Arnold calendar back in 1981, i always questioned his or anyone else that said "this is the way to train"

i got bored easy, and to this day train the same as i did when i was 16 yrs old.
i never did ez bar for any particular reason, and the same for barbell....

Macrobolic
10-31-07, 8:18 pm

With Barbell Curls, you can use more weight, you get more max force generation, therefore more mass building.

But yeah, no exercise is going to give you a peak. The only way that is even plausible is to build the brachialis muscle, which lies underneath the biceps femoris muscle. But even that is debatable.

Vinny G
10-31-07, 8:45 pm
With Barbell Curls, you can use more weight, you get more max force generation, therefore more mass building.

But yeah, no exercise is going to give you a peak. The only way that is even plausible is to build the brachialis muscle, which lies underneath the biceps femoris muscle. But even that is debatable.

you hit the nail on the head......

Brute Strength
11-04-07, 7:12 am
i cant tell you how many i times i have heard someone say....do concentration curls to build a peak....or do barbell curls for mass.

if me and some random person trained together for a year, doing the exact same workouts, at the end of the year we would have EXACT opposit results.

i hardly ever do anything to build a peak, and most of my arm training revolves around barbell curls and dumbell curls....i dont have big arm, but i have a great peak.

i have seen guys only do cable curls, concentration curls and any other curl for a peak...and only come up with a huge no peak arm.

dont believe an exercise will give you a result...your genetics play in too much, just use exercises for variaty....and just enjoy the gym.

Nice, yea genetics can be a bitch, but that makes all of us unique, some can have HUGE arms and some can be so ripped and have a really good peak and look like hes ready for a show all year round. Either way, they are both nice.

simpleguy
11-04-07, 1:30 pm
so to draw a conclusion to all that's been said, it's good to use as many exercises as possible so your body won't adapt to a single exercise... also on the genetics issue my point of the view is simple... many people believe that with hard work and dedication, they'll make up for poor genetics... this very rarely happens

Vinny G
11-05-07, 12:25 pm
so to draw a conclusion to all that's been said, it's good to use as many exercises as possible so your body won't adapt to a single exercise... also on the genetics issue my point of the view is simple... many people believe that with hard work and dedication, they'll make up for poor genetics... this very rarely happens

VARIETY is the spice of life

B.C.
11-10-07, 3:38 pm
... also on the genetics issue my point of the view is simple... many people believe that with hard work and dedication, they'll make up for poor genetics... this very rarely happens

This is partially true. If it comes down to equal work ethic, genetics will win out every time; however, a guy can have all the genetics in the world, but if you are willing to just flat outwork him, you can still beat him in the end.

As far as the shaping muscle thing goes...muscles go from point of origin to point of insertion. That's just the way the anatomy works. So, if anything, skeletal structure has as much to do with muscle shape as muscular structure. If a guy has longer bones, he'll have longer muscles. I do believe it's true that you can only work with the muscles you have. You can do more than just make them bigger though. Look at the difference between a powerlifter and a bodybuilder. Powerlifters can be very big; but their lower volume, and lack of variety in their exercises prevents them from having the fullness and muscle conditioning of a bodybuilder.

Here it is fellas...work your angles, keep your diet on point, bust your ass, and forget about the next guy. He can't do shit to help you beat him anyway...only you can.

Moose 13
11-12-07, 1:52 pm
Hard work and pain will concour all obsticles. Genetics play a major role; however, you can stimulate muscle growth through hard work. For example when thinking on a muscle fiber level you have to recruit all three types of fibers to achive maximum growth. for the geneticly gifted they are made up of primarly type a muscle fiber which grows best with about 11 to 14 seconds of training. Then there are guys like me who have to literlly bust ass for up to 60 seconds of pain just for one single set. that is the only way i grow. I truely think hard work will concour all. Set after set day after day.

king1
11-13-07, 1:06 am
I respect everything arnold says about working out. but he had peaked biceps as a teen, so for him to say concentration curls workd on his peak doesnt mean they did. GENETICS

Vinny G
11-13-07, 6:48 pm
I respect everything arnold says about working out. but he had peaked biceps as a teen, so for him to say concentration curls workd on his peak doesnt mean they did. GENETICS

TRUE

H Bomb
11-19-07, 2:18 pm
I have never had much peak, but I got that football shaped thickness that gives them a full dense look. This is a genetic gift that makes my arms look much larger while hanging relaxed. I don't do much for them just two exercises 3 sets each. Barbell curls, and alternate dumbell curls. I keep it basic and heavy as hell.

Vinny G
11-19-07, 2:20 pm
I have never had much peak, but I got that football shaped thickness that gives them a full dense look. This is a genetic gift that makes my arms look much larger while hanging relaxed. I don't do much for them just two exercises 3 sets each. Barbell curls, and alternate dumbell curls. I keep it basic and heavy as hell.

awesome

ironjim87
11-20-07, 11:00 am
I like how you guys are defying all these bicep myths. For me, I have a nicely peaked bicep, but it lacks some length. Also, my arms have been around 15" for about a year and it pisses me off. They are now about 15.25". I want 16"s by next spring. Also, I have started to incorporate lower training volume for my arms than larger muscle groups, because in the past I have done the same amount for biceps as for back. I hope that doing less sets for my arms will bring them up.

prowrestler
11-20-07, 10:59 pm
hey i got a great bicep exercise i bet your not thinkin of............ barbel ROWS!!! train your back with all you got and squat your as off and tell me your bi's wont grow.well, eat like afreak and sleep like a baby but those are givens. i only do like 2 sets for bi's. either hammer curls doing 80's down to 30's. down the rack is the way to gRow! or bb curls doin a strip set

Mr.Hardcore98
11-21-07, 2:44 pm
good point that is another thing that proves that you need to find what works best for your body

hjayss
11-23-07, 6:59 am
When I see that question for now on this thread will come to mind copy thread and paste...lol...For you who dont know vinny this guy has a really great peak...you lucky dog viinny...

Vinny G
11-25-07, 8:18 am
When I see that question for now on this thread will come to mind copy thread and paste...lol...For you who dont know vinny this guy has a really great peak...you lucky dog viinny...

thanks...

adidas
11-29-07, 5:42 am
NO exercise can lengthen any muscle....its IMPOSSIBLE

no but you surely as fuck can shorten them.
just look at a guy who's had some sort of bicep injury/torn bi....but this is a differnt story and probably a little off topic...LOL

Carpe Diem P.T
11-29-07, 6:33 am

after my tendonitis issues i have been researching why hammer curls didnt aggrovate the tendons, along the way the only real information i found out, apart from the changing of angles on the tendons through internal rotation of the radius, was that the brachialis plays a more major part in hammer curls than in any of the other bicep curling exercises.

Not 100% sure as to the proof of this. Just seems to be another myth in the world of lifting weights, that no one really has an answer for.

I often find in this industry, my thirst for knowledge often comes up against brick walls. I think here at animal my thirst is getting quenched.

Another thing I have to say is that the amount of encouragement and positivity is astounding here. I have seen that many dodgy boards that Occasionally i read something on here and automatically assume it to be sarcasm, i continue to read through the thread and its just someone being genuine. SO REFRESHING!

NickSP
11-29-07, 5:40 pm
The brachialis is in fact hit more during hammer curls. It does a lot of work with curling but I assume because the bicep's main function is actually supination that it takes more of the load when doing, say, barbell curls. The brachioradialis is also hit more as the wrist is pronated and I BELIEVE it gets hit the most when doing reverse curls (palms down) and moderately during hammer curls, and vice verca for the brachialis. Don't quote me on any of this.

Energizer
12-01-07, 4:00 am
Try incorporating variations into the bi ceps. Superset, hit it none stop, gotta shock those arms to make em grow bro.

Shawn J
12-10-07, 7:46 pm
Used the search funtion and came up with this post. But I was looking to see about EZ bar curls. I get some annoying wrist pain when using the EZ bar. As far as movement goes it feels like Hammer Curls hit the bicep the same way as an EZ curl movement does. Anyone have some knowledge regarding this or maybe some other tricks to blast the upper arms.

krazyassmexican
12-11-07, 6:56 am
Used the search funtion and came up with this post. But I was looking to see about EZ bar curls. I get some annoying wrist pain when using the EZ bar. As far as movement goes it feels like Hammer Curls hit the bicep the same way as an EZ curl movement does. Anyone have some knowledge regarding this or maybe some other tricks to blast the upper arms.

change your grip
to a comfortable area
if it doesnt help you may wanna forget about the ez bar and move to the straight one
or use wrist wraps

Elite
12-29-07, 6:30 pm
Been reading the up on the livin articles religiously of late, always good for pre-bed reading and things for your mind to play with when asleep.

Anyway, today i come across...

LIFE IS A FREAKSHOW - Machine

"With the doubt of all those who have confronted you in your life hanging fresh in your mind let us set about a task to lift our spirits--arm training. Those of you who know me are aware I don’t put a high priority on arms in general. Not because I don’t like training them, I just hate that the whole concept of strength training is dumbed down to one question: “How big are your arms?” It’s just something that has grown tiring to me. There are things to be considered well before the arms, I assure you.

Genetics play more of a role in this one than in most other factors you will face. You cannot change the shape of your arm or how it peaks... Done.

You cannot make them bigger by training them four times a week with fifty sets a session. No matter how strong you are or how much you curl, they still might not grow. You might tear your bicep though... Done.

Make sure you ride the bike or walk the treadmill. Even though “it’s only arms” you still need to warm up your connective tissue and avoid injuries to the best of your ability... Done.

My position on biceps is as follows:
1) A position of pure power, for example standing barbell curls
2) A position of pre-stretch, for example inclined dumbbell curls
3) A position of isolation, for example preacher curls

It’s that simple. How many of you consider this common sense approach when training biceps? This solution must be followed if you hope to increase the muscle mass of your upper arms. Or, you could just keep doing arbitrary, random routines that have no intended purpose. The choice is yours. To me, cake now is better than cake later.

Why waste time and energy? When you hit these moves, aside from the opening exercise, do one “feel” set and then get to work. You don’t have to spend two hours running up the rack... GET WHERE YOU’RE GOING AND GET IT DONE." - (Quote Machine)

TigerAce01
01-03-09, 1:34 am
Hey brothers, this is a problem that has been plaguing me for some time now.

I have good arm size, but my biceps peak is almost non existent. My triceps have no problem with size or shape, and my biceps have good overall size. The only single problem is the peak, nothing. It could be due to my genetics (I'm tall at about 6'0-6'1, and my brother has problems with his peaks), but genetics don't make everything.

I've tried preachers, scotts, arnold curls, negatives, contraction holds, and nothing.

Help would be much appreciated brothers.

hawaiiboy
01-03-09, 2:48 am
have you tried compound curls?

sanga
01-03-09, 6:43 am
Its all about genetics, if you haven`t got a peak on them now then you probably never will have no matter what you do, accept what you have and build the biggest pair of arms you can.

Attaus
01-03-09, 7:44 am
Try cable curls with extreme focus on the top of the lift. When you hit that point where your bicep is at maximum contraction, flex it. It might require lighter weight at first, but eventually you'll be able to do heavier weight and see that peak come out.

Be real, your arm ain't gonna look like a fuggin pyramid, but if nothing else this will give you a little extra size.

Feel The Power
01-03-09, 11:15 am
I have the same problem you do with bicep peak and the cables has helped me out. This is solid advice. I set it up as high as it will go and do one arm at a time.. I do it super slow and squeeze it really tight like a concentration curl. I can't do alot of weight, but get a good pump and have noticed better defination.

Try cable curls with extreme focus on the top of the lift. When you hit that point where your bicep is at maximum contraction, flex it. It might require lighter weight at first, but eventually you'll be able to do heavier weight and see that peak come out.

Be real, your arm ain't gonna look like a fuggin pyramid, but if nothing else this will give you a little extra size.

prowrestler
01-03-09, 12:20 pm
your fucked. plain and simple

what your gonna have to do is increase overal bicep size. the "peak" will grow, no doubt, but it will not be a different proportion to your thickness and length of the bicep. peak is an angle, the angle of the pyramid will never change but the size of the pyramid can, the bigger it gets, the higher the peak will be.

TigerAce01
01-03-09, 1:15 pm
Thanks brothers, I'll start throwing in some cables next workout. And I'm just gonna have to accept my genetics eh?

pedraza
01-04-09, 11:38 am
i wouldnt except anything but finall resolts. sounds like you want to give up... your over six feet tall with long arms, so natrualy its going to take a little longer. Arnold is as tall as you and he swoar on straight BB curls and concintration curls

Renji007
01-04-09, 10:58 pm
I've got Peaks, though I believe it to be jeans, I also use a lot of concentration curls and Barbel curls.

Though something that helped me out was curl bars with extreme concentration and heavy weight.

Hauss
01-05-09, 12:11 pm
close grip pullups and 90deg. close grip curls

simpleguy
01-05-09, 12:42 pm
your fucked. plain and simple

LMAO... great way to start a post... no pun intended, I just laughed too hard haha

prowrestler
01-05-09, 1:27 pm
LMAO... great way to start a post... no pun intended, I just laughed too hard haha

any time

wedge
01-05-09, 3:22 pm
Glad to see this post bumped, cause it seems we need a little refresher in it.
You want big biceps? Dead, row and throw in some various curls.
You want peaks and everything else? Pray mommy and daddy gave you good genetics.

MojoMike36
01-05-09, 4:03 pm
I'll trade some of my peak for some of your length. I got probably just the right amount of both but peaked biceps look like they're tiny until they're flexed.

Do peaked biceps usually achieve more overall size and mass if trained properly and intensely? I'm not even much of an arms man I'm just curious.

prowrestler
01-05-09, 4:04 pm
I'll trade some of my peak for some of your length. I got probably just the right amount of both but peaked biceps look like they're tiny until they're flexed.

Do peaked biceps usually achieve more overall size and mass if trained properly and intensely? I'm not even much of an arms man I'm just curious.

no

length+thickness+height= overal volume

redskin 344
01-05-09, 4:19 pm
Damn. I read an article a while ago saying concentration curls build peak for the biceps. I was a little confused and skeptical but decided to stick with it. Thanks for opening my mind vinny.

PS: we live in the same town, just to let you know lol

V Man
01-05-09, 7:37 pm
A lot of young/amature BBers put a lot of emphasis on bicep peak - personally I couldnt give a rats ass about my peak, as long as I have big arms.

Ir0nClad
01-06-09, 2:45 pm
Worry about getting your fucking deadlift up to 500lbs and then see if your arms havn't grown.

V Man
01-06-09, 5:05 pm
Worry about getting your fucking deadlift up to 500lbs and then see if your arms havn't grown.

Exactly

prowrestler
01-06-09, 5:20 pm
if you do your curls with your elbows touching each other and trying to lick your ears, you will get a sick peak

pedraza
01-06-09, 5:57 pm
if you do your curls with your elbows touching each other and trying to lick your ears, you will get a sick peak

i second that, i get a really good pump doing that

'C' Huck
06-01-09, 4:24 pm
What exercise makes the bicep peak where it looks like an apple sitting on your arm? High reps?...Ginetics?

Big Phil
06-01-09, 4:28 pm
If your asking how to make your bicep look "huge", then yeah genetics is a part, but you also need to just forget all of that and just go lift bro. Start shovin carbs and protein down your throat with some supps and a good workout split and then only you, not genetics, will determine the size of the biceps

Aggression
06-01-09, 4:32 pm
What makes the bicep peak

Genetics

Other than that, try holding the movement at the top, squeezing the muscle with every rep for a second before coming back down.

'C' Huck
06-01-09, 4:44 pm
If your asking how to make your bicep look "huge", then yeah genetics is a part, but you also need to just forget all of that and just go lift bro. Start shovin carbs and protein down your throat with some supps and a good workout split and then only you, not genetics, will determine the size of the biceps

Genetics

Other than that, try holding the movement at the top, squeezing the muscle with every rep for a second before coming back down.

Thanks guys...that's what I needed. Didn't know if it was a specific exercise or not. Excuse me...gotta go slam down some protein and carbs...and hit the weights hard!

sideburnz
07-31-09, 4:46 am
i've been keepin my biceps training pretty simple with bb curls, db curls & preachers all of which of 3sets each. . after a month i measured my arms.. theres an improvement.. i know my tris and bis became bigger but the thing is i don't see any peak in my bis.. i train really hard without neglecting strict form and plus i do preacher curls which helps in peak. If some of you guys who say you don't need to do so many sets for bis and blah blah.. i know my body, without training them directly , they don't grow. plus on my back days, i don't chicken out too.. you can't doubt what i eat cos, arms have been growing, but its just a matter of the peak. Feedback please.

theharjmann
07-31-09, 5:18 am
i've been keepin my biceps training pretty simple with bb curls, db curls & preachers all of which of 3sets each. . after a month i measured my arms.. theres an improvement.. i know my tris and bis became bigger but the thing is i don't see any peak in my bis.. i train really hard without neglecting strict form and plus i do preacher curls which helps in peak. If some of you guys who say you don't need to do so many sets for bis and blah blah.. i know my body, without training them directly , they don't grow. plus on my back days, i don't chicken out too.. you can't doubt what i eat cos, arms have been growing, but its just a matter of the peak. Feedback please.

keep going

it takes years and years to achieve that peak

sideburnz
07-31-09, 6:09 am
do hammer curls help? ive been doing them all the time last time.. now i've stopped doing them.. should i get them going again?

IQ Lifter
07-31-09, 8:07 am
Have you some good concentration curls?

sideburnz
07-31-09, 8:09 am
Have you some good concentration curls?

i dont do them ... why?

IQ Lifter
07-31-09, 8:13 am
I'm talkin the ones where u use a incline bench, lay the belly of your tricep on the decline, then do a very slow concentrated curl.

Or where you have the bicep perpendicular to the floor, laying over a bench, and do some slow heavies -

Tbecker01
08-11-09, 7:18 pm
what about vascularity in the biceps? I have good over all vascularity and my BF is real low, like under 10%...I don’t however have much vascularty in the biceps. I have good veins coming through my chest shoulders and forearms, but ive always been jealous of you guys with that big vein in your biceps. whats up with that??

N. Motta
08-11-09, 7:22 pm
Vinny, sorry if this has already been asked. What is your opinion on the use of a supinating motion during various dumbbell/cable workouts, as a means to enhance biceps peak?

Bombreezey
08-11-09, 10:31 pm
thanks finally good to see that its wasn't about how i was lifting

Vinny G
08-12-09, 11:03 am
Vinny, sorry if this has already been asked. What is your opinion on the use of a supinating motion during various dumbbell/cable workouts, as a means to enhance biceps peak?

glad to see this thread back up.

i think supinating is all bullshit....it will NEVER do a thing to change anything about your bicep...PEAK, SHAPE, WHATEVER.

When i grab an ez bar over a barbell, its all for change.

when i do concentration curls, its not for a peak....its out of being bored so i change my routine up.

but i'd never waste my time twisting a dumbbell as i did curls....i think thats funny to see people do.

i have a decent peak, and all i mostly do are basic exercises, but there are sometimes i go in a for a few weeks and hit only "isolation" exercises to give it a new spin.

Vinny G
08-13-09, 11:21 am
damn this thread was left hangin like my balls in the wind.

nobody wants to tell me off and say how im wrong....no good fight in ya....lol

Ironjaw
08-15-09, 12:50 am

LOL the ballz in the wind things a lil much but idk i got some decent arms which i could give a rats ass about peak ..... and actually i read most of these posts why do you guys care so much about peak???

Me personally before worrying about if i got mountain tops for arms id be worrying if my tear drop on my leg is thick enough or if my lats look like a 747 as i pass thru doors lol just me tho .... imo if u are worrying about arms worry about the 1st 2 first just train hard and something will come up .....

peace,

Jaw

Razor
08-17-09, 9:41 am
Vinny you rock. So true bro. Bottom line anyone can take from you is simple. Work your friggin ass off in the gym and train like there's no tomorrow. But if you look around and see other guys with a bigger or different size never get discouraged. Genetics plays a part in bodybuilding but never let that stop you from your own goals.

belladiabla13
08-27-09, 11:47 am

Is it harder for females to define and get big biceps? I am seeing alot of definition in my tris but not so much my bi's..my arm work outs have been 100 curls and 100 skull crushers..

Ironjaw
08-28-09, 10:24 am
Is it harder for females to define and get big biceps? I am seeing alot of definition in my tris but not so much my bi's..my arm work outs have been 100 curls and 100 skull crushers..

imo thats a shit loada reps .... i guess i shouldnt be talking, HA! but in all seriousness u might wanna either tone it down or switch it up from time to time for tris... because they are very small muscles and like your erectors they get worked alot with other muscles

Vinny G
08-28-09, 11:40 am

why so many reps?

Flash419
08-28-09, 11:43 am

When I win my Pro card.. and have a valid arguement.. I'll be sure and speak up.

Until then... YOUR THE MAN! LOL