PDA

View Full Version : Intensity does DC training

naturalguy
10-30-07, 5:04 pm
You can't teach and old dog new tricks............................................ ...........or can you?

The longer I am in this game, the more I am experimenting and learning. I wasted many years doing the same exact training style. Last year I decided to switch it up and I tried the Power/Rep Range/Shock system (http://www.prrstraining.com/) and I got great results. I put on 10lbs and although I didn't measure my bodyfat, my waist size on my pants did not change so my bf remained basically the same.

The P/RR/S is a great way to train and hit different fibers however I don't think it was the system itself that brought me gains. I believe I need to change it up. I did P/RR/S for the past year and now it's time to switch it up again.

DC or Doggcrapp training has taken the internet by storm. If you have not read about it, I suggest you start here:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/19724-updated-dc-training-newbies-read-first-then-ask-questions-later.html

There is a lot to it and it's an advanced program. The training program is different than what I am used to but I am going to give it a shot. It's all about progressive overload, I like that.

Besides a training journal this will be a lifestyle journal as well with my random thoughts.

Giant Killer
10-30-07, 5:11 pm
Ahhh, another one over to the DC side. Looking forward to your log Intensity! It's all about beating that logbook.

naturalguy
10-30-07, 5:15 pm
Starting out: I am 196 lbs., not as old as Vinny lol but not a young man. I've been in this game for a while. I am also coming off a one month layoff. I took time off because I haven't in a while and I had lasik eye surgery. I also took a break from all supplements except for the pak. I will go into diet & supps later.

DC training calls for 3 day per week training where you rotate bodyparts to hit them twice in 8 days. You also rotate your 3 favorite exercises for each bodypart.

One change that I am making to the original is that I am not going to be training pecs for a while. I have nagging trigger points in my pecs that act up every time I train them heavy and it causes pain in my shoulders. I am having them worked on but they don't go away easy.

My split:

Workout 1: Shoulders, tri's, back width & back thickness

Workout 2: Biceps, forearms, hams, calves, quads

These workouts get rotated as follows:

Monday - workout 1a
Tuesday - rest/cardio
Wednesday - workout 2a
Thursday - rest/cardio
Friday - workout 1b
Saturday - rest/cardio
Sunday - rest
Monday - workout 2b
Tuesday - rest/cardio
Wednesday - workout 1c
Thursday - rest/cardio
Friday - workout 2c

The a, b & c is because you rotate exercises, you will see how this works as we go along.

naturalguy
10-30-07, 5:33 pm
Ahhh, another one over to the DC side. Looking forward to your log Intensity! It's all about beating that logbook.

Thats what I understand my man!

The logbook will take some getting used to, it feels like homework.

For those that don't follow DC, you keep a written record (logbook) of your weights and reps. You need to beat your previous best either with more weight or more reps.

Roland
10-30-07, 5:43 pm
Another DC Animal brother. like you said "DC or Doggcrapp training has taken the internet by storm." I've been doing it for almost a year now and I've had the best results in my life....I am really really sore as we speak Lol. Best training style ever, everything makes sense you just gotta do it. I'll be keepin on eye on you. Peace bro.

naturalguy
10-30-07, 7:23 pm
Another DC Animal brother. like you said "DC or Doggcrapp training has taken the internet by storm." I've been doing it for almost a year now and I've had the best results in my life....I am really really sore as we speak Lol. Best training style ever, everything makes sense you just gotta do it. I'll be keepin on eye on you. Peace bro.

Thanks Roland. I've been following your journal.

naturalguy
10-30-07, 7:54 pm
Mondays workout 1a:

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

Side laterals - this is a variation, DC does not recommend many isolation exercises but I need width

Close grip smith machine bench press

Lat Pulldowns

T-bar rows

I am not listing any weights/reps for the first couple of weeks as I am coming off a layoff and not using max weights. I did 3 sets of medium weight today for each exercise.

eblnyc
10-30-07, 9:00 pm
sweet..nothing wrong with changing up the routine to spark new growth..dc looks interesting might try it sometime...

JMC
10-30-07, 10:14 pm
Man, I first heard of this months ago when we were talking about here, didn't pay much thought to it. Did a little reading, started bulking again, and it's really been on my mind. So this months FLEX comes out and there's a DC piece in there breaking it down a bit. It's a different concept to me, but makes perfect sense. I honestly just haven't had the time to sit down and get into the minutiae of it all. I'm seriously considering it, and your log will just be another selling point as well as a great resource for me to learn something! I'll be checkin in frequently.

Roland
10-31-07, 2:51 am
Mondays workout 1a:

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

Side laterals - this is a variation, DC does not recommend many isolation exercises but I need width

Close grip smith machine bench press

Lat Pulldowns

T-bar rows

I am not listing any weights/reps for the first couple of weeks as I am coming off a layoff and not using max weights. I did 3 sets of medium weight today for each exercise.

Yo...if I could give you one suggestion that I'm also currently doing: he doesn't recommend the side laterals because you simply cant move so much weight on it as you would on a pressing movement. The compound movements will get you that dense, wide and thick muscle.

So try this, do your chest exercise and chest stretch. Then move onto the shoulder pressing movement, then right after that pick up the dbs and do a 20 rep lateral widowmaker, I've been doing this and it will smoke your delts for sure. I saw Jason wojo doing this, it works.

violator
10-31-07, 3:01 am
Intensity goes DC!, great stuff, im gonna keep tabs on this bro, should be interesting....beat that logbook like u were its pimp & dont forget the stretches....
good luck..

Nightshift
10-31-07, 6:09 am
Your gonna love it brother!

naturalguy
10-31-07, 6:57 am
Yo...if I could give you one suggestion that I'm also currently doing: he doesn't recommend the side laterals because you simply cant move so much weight on it as you would on a pressing movement. The compound movements will get you that dense, wide and thick muscle.

So try this, do your chest exercise and chest stretch. Then move onto the shoulder pressing movement, then right after that pick up the dbs and do a 20 rep lateral widowmaker, I've been doing this and it will smoke your delts for sure. I saw Jason wojo doing this, it works.

You know what, thats a great suggestion. I will give that go. Thanks.

ironshaolin
10-31-07, 10:03 am
I was gonna make the same suggestion as Roland did for the laterals. Dc kicks ass, I'm in week 5 of it, so far so good. Right before I actually dove into the training style, I was just starting to encorporate some of the concepts like stretching, heavy weights, then decided to give the whole thing a go. I am so far without complaint. The thing I really like is this. If I work chest on a monday I'm only doing one excersise with one rest/pause set. By that night I'm sore, the next morning I'm sore but by tuesday night only a little sore. Right now its wednesday morning and there's only minute soreness. I could probably train cest again tomorrow, but wait to friday. For me, since I teach karate every day, and often have to do pushups when I was doing a volume set my chest would be sore all week. This dosen't interfere with my lifestyle as much. and it always feels good when you're adding weight every time, seeing those numbers grow and not stupidly either. DC focuses on STRICT form with a slow negative, so getting stronger with good form is totally badass.

I'll check in here quite a bit to compare notes.

naturalguy
10-31-07, 4:15 pm
This morning was workout 2a:

Barbell curls

wrist curls

Squats

Leg curls

Standing calf raises

Again light, no rest pause this week. Next week I can start hitting some real weights.

I will touch on my supplement plan and diet soon

violator
11-01-07, 4:05 am
Good workout bro, all the bases covered, just remember to do calves before quads/hams... cant wait to see u throwin round some poundage.....

ironshaolin
11-01-07, 8:53 am
thats a good DC workout. One thing that Dante suggested that I just started doing, but sucks real bad, is to train calves first, then hams, and quads as your finishing excersise. It really pushes your will, but it totally makes the already ball busting workout even more ballbusting.

naturalguy
11-01-07, 3:23 pm
Good tips fellas.

Let's talk supplements. I like to keep it basic. I have several supplements that are my core staples that I will always take. Then there are supplements that I rotate.

Meal 1 -
Animal Pak (staple)
Animal Flex (staple)
probiotic (staple)

Pre workout -
Animal M-stak (rotational)

Intraworkout -

EAA stack - fruit punch
Storm - fruit punch
carbs - wms

Post workout -

Torrent (staple)

others: Beta alanine spread throught the day, fiber, whey protien, MRP if I am on the go and can't get a meal in.

Now I have two cans of Animal Test that I am just itching to crack open however I am going to hold off. I just had Lasik eye surgery and there is inflammation in my eyes from the surgery. One of the ingredients in Test (AA) increases the inflammitory response from training. I am being overly cautious but I don't want it to affect my recovery so I am going to do two cans of M-stak and then rotate it with Test.

M-stak is a great supplement that I feel is underatted. It really helps with recovery and protein synthesis so it fits in great with DC training.

I also love Animal Pump but I am going with Storm as I have been on Pump for a long time and I think it's just good to switch it up plus it's less pills to take.

violator
11-02-07, 3:53 am
.....Now I have two cans of Animal Test that I am just itching to crack open however I am going to hold off. I just had Lasik eye surgery and there is inflammation in my eyes from the surgery. One of the ingredients in Test (AA) increases the inflammitory response from training. I am being overly cautious but I don't want it to affect my recovery so I am going to do two cans of M-stak and then rotate it with Test....

Yeah bro!!!, im gonna be doin the same stacks as you!!!, cool, just halfway thru my first can o mstak, then another to follow be fore my cruise in mid-december, goona crack the test next year, just ordered 2 cans from BB.com today!, will be interesting to compare results next year wit u bro....

smart move about leaving the test for now, the AA mite fuck ur eye up....not good, otherwise the stack looks solid!!, good luck wit it!!

Toni69
11-02-07, 4:12 am
Im watching you here Intensity...looking foward to your progress with DC style training..not for the faint at heart at all. I believe you got what it takes to achieve success...so.....GET TO WORK!!!

naturalguy
11-02-07, 5:47 am
Im watching you here Intensity...looking foward to your progress with DC style training..not for the faint at heart at all. I believe you got what it takes to achieve success...so.....GET TO WORK!!!

Thanks T. Now I know I have to hit it hard. Next week I will start using some real weight.

naturalguy
11-02-07, 10:03 am
I banged out workout 1b this morning:

Smith machine military presses

dumbell laterals

Cable tricep extensions (straight bar)

Rack chins (I am liking these)

Rack deads

I have to really remind myself to go slow on the negative. I forgot a couple of times. It's going to take some getting used to.

hjayss
11-02-07, 10:09 am
You got hooked in to the dog crap huh...Nice to see you got a log going bro..gonna be interesting to see what the YOUNG DOG GOT going on here..looks good bro..throw in those isolations every now and then once after a few session will not hurt you looks good bro no doubt..

JMC
11-02-07, 12:45 pm
I love the rack chins bro...haven't thought of those in a while! You throw some weight on your lap and go to town! Good shit, thanks for reminding me...

Giant Killer
11-02-07, 12:48 pm

dumbell laterals

Rack deads

I have to really remind myself to go slow on the negative. I forgot a couple of times. It's going to take some getting used to.

Yup, really slow, the general rule is, if you are going slow enough you can reverse the motion on a dime and go back up. If it continues to lower a little bit before you can reverse the motion, you're going too fast.

Roland
11-02-07, 2:16 pm

dumbell laterals

Rack deads

Looks good bro, but where is the chest exercise?

Giant Killer
11-02-07, 3:10 pm
I think he said he was having some problems and giving chest a rest for a little while.

naturalguy
11-02-07, 4:00 pm
Looks good bro, but where is the chest exercise?

I think he said he was having some problems and giving chest a rest for a little while.

I have some trigger points in my pecs that get aggravated when I train pecs heavy and I get pain in my shoulders. Trigger points are a pain in the balls. I am getting some deep tissue massage to get rid of them but it takes a while. So no pecs for a few weeks.

violator
11-05-07, 7:25 am
Rack chins....why, thats a fuckin great idea.....
good job bro....took me a while to get used to it as well, the bitch for me was remembering to do the stretches inbetween, id be doin tris& be like, 'shit, i forgot the chest stretch"
haha....keep it up...

naturalguy
11-05-07, 10:41 am
This morning's workout:

Seated alternate dumbell curls

wrist curls

Squat machine

Seated leg curls

Seated calf raises

Yeah I know DC recommends that you do hams & calves before quads. Thats not optimal in my case. I don't have a lower back injury however my lower back is a weak link when I squat, I think it's because my hams are too tight (working on that with extreme stretches). Whenever I do hams first, my lower back causes me problems when squating. So for now I am doing quads first.

violator
11-07-07, 6:03 am
yo,

trainings comin along, how u likin it?, finished my first rotation thru all 6 workouts, its great!, lovin the RP!
i see ur point with squats n lower back pain, whatever works for u bro....i think the correct order is calves/quads/hams....but obviously, this doesnt account for injuries...
how u finding the stretching?

naturalguy
11-07-07, 6:20 am
yo,

trainings comin along, how u likin it?, finished my first rotation thru all 6 workouts, its great!, lovin the RP!
i see ur point with squats n lower back pain, whatever works for u bro....i think the correct order is calves/quads/hams....but obviously, this doesnt account for injuries...
how u finding the stretching?

I like the extreme stretching although it hurts like a bitch!

I like the training routine, it's going to take some time to get used to it. One thing is that since I am only training 3 days per week, I am really looking forward to my workouts. I am so used to training 4-5 times per week for so many years.

violator
11-08-07, 6:39 am
I like the extreme stretching although it hurts like a bitch!

I like the training routine, it's going to take some time to get used to it. One thing is that since I am only training 3 days per week, I am really looking forward to my workouts. I am so used to training 4-5 times per week for so many years.

yeah, i feel u bro, it still feels weird to me as well, adjusting to the low volume principles coming from years of high volume....it feels like weeks between workouts!! Ru doin cardio on off days?

naturalguy
11-08-07, 8:29 am
yeah, i feel u bro, it still feels weird to me as well, adjusting to the low volume principles coming from years of high volume....it feels like weeks between workouts!! Ru doin cardio on off days?

Yes I am doing cardio on tues, thursday and saturday.

Last nights workout:

Standing military presses

side laterals (widomaker)

Overhead dumbell extensions

Close grip lat pulldowns

Deadlifts

I was really in the zone last night for some reason. It could be the M-stak as that does increase focus or it could have just been a good day but I flew through the workout. Felt great and can't wait until my next workout on friday.

ironshaolin
11-08-07, 9:40 am
good stuff, how you diggin the DC?

naturalguy
11-08-07, 7:04 pm
good stuff, how you diggin the DC?

So far, so good. I am very sore from yesterdays workout.

Toni69
11-09-07, 2:54 am
I see your falling into place with DC...very cool! I always read about DC training and never actually decided to commit to it...yet. I think next bulk I may give it a shot cause always after show prep, I feel so weak, as if all that strength I built up before show prep slowly withered away. This time Im gonna try and stay as strong throughout, but I wont be disappointed if I cant..its to be expected. I think DC style of training is a great way to get back into the bulking game.

BTW, I know I said this before, but its pretty much definite now..I should be back in SI by April 2008. My packout here is early March...upon my return from the Arnold.

Im gonna need a solid wo partner! hint hint...hahahaha!

Roland
11-09-07, 2:59 am
Good stuff Intensity, keep blasting it bro!

naturalguy
11-09-07, 7:08 am
I see your falling into place with DC...very cool! I always read about DC training and never actually decided to commit to it...yet. I think next bulk I may give it a shot cause always after show prep, I feel so weak, as if all that strength I built up before show prep slowly withered away. This time Im gonna try and stay as strong throughout, but I wont be disappointed if I cant..its to be expected. I think DC style of training is a great way to get back into the bulking game.

BTW, I know I said this before, but its pretty much definite now..I should be back in SI by April 2008. My packout here is early March...upon my return from the Arnold.

Im gonna need a solid wo partner! hint hint...hahahaha!

It took me a while to decide to do DC as well. I read a lot about it before diving in.

Thats great news. I will be at the Arnold for sure so we can talk about it then.

naturalguy
11-09-07, 10:04 am
Great workout this am. I completed my 3 rotations and monday I go back to 1a so I can really start to beat the logbook.

Barbell preacher curls (straight bar)

wrist curls

Leg press

Sumo leg press (feet high and wide)

Horizontal calf machine

The higher reps on legs (12-15) is tough, I've never really trained with high reps on legs so this will be new stimulus for me which means growth!

I am still very sore from wednesday's workout, my tri's are really tender, good stuff.

ironshaolin
11-10-07, 1:16 pm
I feel ya on those higher rep legs. Just don't forget your widowmaker! The goal is to get 20 reps with a weight you can handle for about 10-12 reps. Then pause for 3-5 breaths at the top, get 2-3 more, keep goin till you hit that number.

violator
11-12-07, 2:08 am
WIDOWMAKERS!!!!...yeah buddy!
good work bro!

naturalguy
11-12-07, 7:53 am
I hear ya on the widomakers and will start doing them either this week or next. I wasn't going to jump right into them since I was coming off an extended layoff.

naturalguy
11-12-07, 11:31 am
This morning's workout:

Back to 1a:

Hammer shoulder press

side laterals (attempted a widowmaker but only hit 17 reps)

Close grip smith presses

Lat Pulldowns

T-bar rows

I am getting into the groove of this and am looking forward to each workout.

spaceclown
11-12-07, 6:56 pm
I am subbing this mofo. Hey brotha! I love DC bro. I am hitting it back Jan 1. The rest of my year is pretty afu and after this cut I have to feel out my weights a bit. BTW Congrats.

naturalguy
11-13-07, 6:35 am
I am subbing this mofo. Hey brotha! I love DC bro. I am hitting it back Jan 1. The rest of my year is pretty afu and after this cut I have to feel out my weights a bit. BTW Congrats.

Good to have you. It's my 3rd week on DC so I am still learning my way around but so far so good.

spaceclown
11-13-07, 8:36 am
Good to have you. It's my 3rd week on DC so I am still learning my way around but so far so good.

It takes a few weeks to feel out the weights for sure. Good luck with it brother and I'll be watching.

naturalguy
11-14-07, 10:42 am
This morning's session:

Barbell Curls

wrist curls

Squats - 2 sets, 12 reps
(no widowmaker yet, next time)

Lying leg curls

Standing calf raises

Took a walk to take a leak after the first set of squats and as I was walking back to the rack I could feel my quads expanding, great pump in the quads!

Pizzalamp
11-14-07, 9:50 pm
im enjoying ya log so far
nice on the squats!!

hjayss
11-15-07, 1:47 am
Great workout this am. I completed my 3 rotations and monday I go back to 1a so I can really start to beat the logbook.

Barbell preacher curls (straight bar)

wrist curls

Leg press

Sumo leg press (feet high and wide)

Horizontal calf machine

The higher reps on legs (12-15) is tough, I've never really trained with high reps on legs so this will be new stimulus for me which means growth!

I am still very sore from wednesday's workout, my tri's are really tender, good stuff.

One thing I can get from watching you guys with the dc training is the new stances and such on things I normally do like sumo leg press I gotta give those a whirl I assume that hits more ham than quad though which I need to get back into..I too need to try this style maybe next bulk..sounds very intense which is perfect for you..lol...

spaceclown
11-15-07, 9:26 am
Sumo presses are awesome and my favorite ham movement. I use a sorta different machine than the normal leg press. It's a Cybex Squat Press. It has a better movement imo.
http://www.cybexintl.com/Products/displayproductnoflash.aspx?id=5235
I put it where my heals are on the corners and toes hanging off. You sorta have to get the heals in place and slide down the seat. I may have to do them tomorrow :D

ironshaolin
11-15-07, 10:54 am
Dc Insanity!!!

naturalguy
11-17-07, 11:40 am
Friday's session:

One arm cable side lateral widowmaker (I was only able to hit 15 reps)

Tricep cable extensions

Reverse grip rack chins

Rack Deads

Notes: going to have to make some adjustments on back training. I am getting a little tennis elbow, it only hurts on overhand grip exercises such as lat pulldowns. I went with reverse grip on the rack chins but they didn't feel great either so until this goes away I will do neutral grip exercises. Meanwhile I will be icing, stretching and doing wrist curls.

spaceclown
11-17-07, 11:56 am
So what did you think about rack deads? I fawkin love them. At 4:30 in the morning there is nothing like bang, rrrrr, bang, rrrrr ...yeah they love me at my gym. Oh and the rack chins are fun just because people look at you like WTF are doing :) Have a great weekend and take care of those elbows.

widdlewade44
11-17-07, 12:13 pm
Really nice log here Intensity and it looks like you're bringing the heat bro. Keep up the good work.

Are you taking L-Glutamine? If you are take some more for the soreness; if you're not maybe throwing it in your mix. I take it in 5g increments.

Kevin
widdlewade44

naturalguy
11-17-07, 12:50 pm
So what did you think about rack deads? I fawkin love them. At 4:30 in the morning there is nothing like bang, rrrrr, bang, rrrrr ...yeah they love me at my gym. Oh and the rack chins are fun just because people look at you like WTF are doing :) Have a great weekend and take care of those elbows.

I am sore as heck from the rack deads. I went with higher reps (315 x 10) but will be hitting some big weights in the upcoming weeks. It's great my traps and whole back is sore even in my rear delts. Good stuff.

violator
11-19-07, 5:46 am
gotta love those deads....nice work.....hope the injuries heal up soon....are u still setting base numbers?, gonna be time to kick the shit outta the logbook soon.....cant wait to see that....

naturalguy
11-19-07, 4:53 pm
This mornings session:

Machine curls (plan was for alternate dumbell curls but they bothered my elbow)

wrist curls

Squat machine - 1 straight set 12 reps and then 1 widowmaker set. I think I could have gone heavier on the widowmaker but it was still killer. Lungs were burning.

Seated leg curls

Seated calf raises

***WTM***
11-19-07, 7:09 pm
I love following this. Just started DC myself and its definately a different beast. Not for the faint of heart thats for sure.

When are we going to start seeing some Body wieght numbers?? Can you atleast say if you have added some pounds on your weight?

naturalguy
11-19-07, 7:39 pm
I love following this. Just started DC myself and its definately a different beast. Not for the faint of heart thats for sure.

When are we going to start seeing some Body wieght numbers?? Can you atleast say if you have added some pounds on your weight?

I am going to weigh myself either tomorrow or wed. I like to weigh myself when I finish off a can of a supplement. I am down to the bottom of a can of M-stak so it's time.

naturalguy
11-20-07, 10:10 am
Weighed myself this morning:

199 (started at 196) so up 3lbs.

Just finished a can of M-stak and will be starting a 2nd can tomorrow (I know I am not taking a week off between, I am impatient).

I will be kicking it into Turbo boost Dec. 1 with a new supplement

COLE
11-20-07, 11:10 am
Nice log bro!

I have done a little DC training myself and I love it. I have found that it is very beneficial to have a workout partner to really hit DC to its fullest.

I trained alone and liked it but things like the rack chins are not so intense without a partner to add weight to your lap. Plus the fact that you want to end each set on a negative makes it very hard to train alone being that negative should also be at failure.

Malloy1344
11-20-07, 11:52 am
How are you enjoying DC Brother?

violator
11-21-07, 1:40 am
Another mstak junkie in the house!, great stuff, im poppin the top on my can today!

Toni69
11-21-07, 2:33 am
Weighed myself this morning:

199 (started at 196) so up 3lbs.

Just finished a can of M-stak and will be starting a 2nd can tomorrow (I know I am not taking a week off between, I am impatient).

I will be kicking it into Turbo boost Dec. 1 with a new supplement

I honestly dont think taking that week off is absolutely necessary. I must have done 5 cycles, inluding the first test run. I did cycle the first 2 times, 2 wks in between. After that, I took Stak 2, finished the can..started Mstak, finished the can...Stak 2 again...wow..6 cycles..cause now Im on Mstak during my show prep..but this will be my last cycle till after my show. I have only seen gains the whole way through in strength and size and of course with my diet being pretty much straight, I remained lean and hard throughout my bulk. So, I always believed you dont always have to follow what the instructions say....most of the time at least.

Im glad your making progress! Your hard work is paying off! YAY!!!

thejohnson
11-21-07, 3:01 am
Yo Intensity i love DC training i am doing it myself. Hey man my log is on intensemuscle.com in the journal section. You should check it out. Oh another thing that will make you log on here more interesting is too put it in this format. So people can see your progression.

Example workout

Chest: Incline Barbell press: 11-15RP: LT:275x12 TT:275x15
Shoulders: Hammer Strength shoulder Press 11-20 rp:LT:225x16 TT:225x20
Triceps: Close Grip Bench press 15-20rp: LT 225x15 TT:225x20
Back (Width): Wide grip pulldowns 11-15rp: LT:300x13 TT:300x17
Back (Thickness):Deadlifts (6-9 +9-12): (LT:315x9,275x12) (TT:320x8,280x11)

This is the way you would format your progress for those who do not know how this style of training works and it shows how you progress in weight. Makes things a little more exciting to look at. If you have any questions about DC myself or anyone else on Intensemuscle would be glad to help.

naturalguy
11-21-07, 7:00 am
I honestly dont think taking that week off is absolutely necessary. I must have done 5 cycles, inluding the first test run. I did cycle the first 2 times, 2 wks in between. After that, I took Stak 2, finished the can..started Mstak, finished the can...Stak 2 again...wow..6 cycles..cause now Im on Mstak during my show prep..but this will be my last cycle till after my show. I have only seen gains the whole way through in strength and size and of course with my diet being pretty much straight, I remained lean and hard throughout my bulk. So, I always believed you dont always have to follow what the instructions say....most of the time at least.

Im glad your making progress! Your hard work is paying off! YAY!!!

Your such a rebel Toni!!!!!

naturalguy
11-21-07, 7:01 am
Another mstak junkie in the house!, great stuff, im poppin the top on my can today!

I really am a fan of M-stak, I think it's a very underrated supplement

naturalguy
11-21-07, 7:01 am
Yo Intensity i love DC training i am doing it myself. Hey man my log is on intensemuscle.com in the journal section. You should check it out. Oh another thing that will make you log on here more interesting is too put it in this format. So people can see your progression.

Example workout

Chest: Incline Barbell press: 11-15RP: LT:275x12 TT:275x15
Shoulders: Hammer Strength shoulder Press 11-20 rp:LT:225x16 TT:225x20
Triceps: Close Grip Bench press 15-20rp: LT 225x15 TT:225x20
Back (Width): Wide grip pulldowns 11-15rp: LT:300x13 TT:300x17
Back (Thickness):Deadlifts (6-9 +9-12): (LT:315x9,275x12) (TT:320x8,280x11)

This is the way you would format your progress for those who do not know how this style of training works and it shows how you progress in weight. Makes things a little more exciting to look at. If you have any questions about DC myself or anyone else on Intensemuscle would be glad to help.

Thanks bro

naturalguy
11-21-07, 7:08 am
Nice log bro!

I have done a little DC training myself and I love it. I have found that it is very beneficial to have a workout partner to really hit DC to its fullest.

I trained alone and liked it but things like the rack chins are not so intense without a partner to add weight to your lap. Plus the fact that you want to end each set on a negative makes it very hard to train alone being that negative should also be at failure.

Speaking of training partners. A great training partner is such a rarity that I have had maybe one or two in my lifting career. It's hard to find a good one.

Well I have stumbled upon a great one and he's not what you would consider a bodybuilder. He's not into bodybuilding but he wants to be in shape. He's an NYPD sargeant and a friend of mine for a while. He recently asked to train with me just as I was starting DC. I sat down with him and started to explain DC, he said let's just get in the gym and do it. Let me tell you this guys trains his balls off, doesn't complain, doesn't talk too much and pushes me. If I say let's do a widowmaker he just does it. I never thought he would be a good partner because I always thought that you had to train with another "bodybuilder" but he trains harder than most bodybuilders I know. I got lucky.

violator
11-22-07, 2:32 am
Great that uve found someone to hit it hard with that doesnt slack off, thats a rarety & a great help in DC to get those heavy weights up....lets see u guys murder some serious iron....

naturalguy
11-22-07, 10:14 am
Yesterday's workout:

Standing military presses (old school baby)

Side lateral machine

Overhead tricep dumbell extensions

Close grip pulldowns

Deadlifts

I have been figuring out my baseline weights and will start posting my weights next week.

Today being Thanksgiving, I am going to the gym to hit some cardio this morning and then going to chow down, enjoy some food, family and football.

ironshaolin
11-22-07, 11:02 am
nice workout bro, when are those PR's gonna start poppin up?

Pizzalamp
11-22-07, 10:21 pm
Yesterday's workout:

Standing military presses (old school baby)

Side lateral machine

Overhead tricep dumbell extensions

Close grip pulldowns

Deadlifts

I have been figuring out my baseline weights and will start posting my weights next week.

Today being Thanksgiving, I am going to the gym to hit some cardio this morning and then going to chow down, enjoy some food, family and football.

good stuff man
hope u and your family had a good holiday together

naturalguy
11-23-07, 8:02 am
good stuff man
hope u and your family had a good holiday together

Thanks Pizza. Thanksgiving was great and I ate a ton so should be a good workout this morning.

I am getting ready for CT.

naturalguy
11-24-07, 9:55 am
Yesterday's workout:

Machine curls - was supposed to do barbell preachers but I am battling some elbow tendonitis and it was hurting during warm ups so I switched to machine curls

Wrist curls

Leg Press

Sumo leg press

Horizontal calf raises

I will start posting weights next week.

Pizzalamp
11-24-07, 8:43 pm
Yesterday's workout:

Machine curls - was supposed to do barbell preachers but I am battling some elbow tendonitis and it was hurting during warm ups so I switched to machine curls

Wrist curls

Leg Press

Sumo leg press

Horizontal calf raises

I will start posting weights next week.

solid bro
that sumo-is it for hammies?

naturalguy
11-25-07, 9:35 am
solid bro
that sumo-is it for hammies?

Yup. Have you ever tried them?

violator
11-26-07, 3:16 am
Keep truckin man!...cant wait to see what kinda poundage ur moving...

naturalguy
11-26-07, 12:35 pm
This morning's session:

Hammer shoulder presses LT 180 - 10/4/3 TT 190 9/3/2 + 10lbs

Dumbell lateral widowmaker - LT 20 17 reps TT 20 16 reps - 1 rep

Close grip smith presses LT 245 8/3/2 TT 255 8/2/1 + 10lbs

Lat pulldown Nautilus Nitro machine 155 10/4/3 *

Supported bench t-bar rows 80 8/4/3 *

* new exercises, with my elbow tendonitis I am continuing to look for exercises that won't hurt so these were new weights with nothing to compare.

Decent workout, beat the logbook on two exercises. Starting to get in the groove and I love the accountability.

Pizzalamp
11-26-07, 10:11 pm
This morning's session:

* new exercises, with my elbow tendonitis I am continuing to look for exercises that won't hurt so these were new weights with nothing to compare.

Decent workout, beat the logbook on two exercises. Starting to get in the groove and I love the accountability.

hey bro
great workout
i friggin love that nautilus lat pulldown
keep up ya great work

violator
11-28-07, 1:40 am
shit dude, i knew u were a monster, but i didnt know u were a 245 CGBP monster!
way to beat the logbook!, i love the sense of things moving forward with every week as well...good work...

hjayss
11-28-07, 2:28 am
This morning's session:

I know how you fel about the elbow...Gotta fight through it unfortunately. three pounds in what afew weks damn good. Glad to see you still beating the log book to a bloody pulp.

naturalguy
11-29-07, 6:48 pm
Last nights session:

Barbell curls - I went light on these as the elbow is still an issue, it actually feels like it's in my lower bicep and forearm/elbow.

Wrist curls

Squats LT 225 x 12, 225 x 10 TT 245 x 12, widowmaker 135 x 20

Still getting used to the high reps on legs, not a lot of weight but my lungs were burning.

Seated leg curls LT 90 x 12 TT 125 x 12

Standing calf raises 190 x 10

I just got the official DC training video today. I learned that I am doing a couple of things wrong so I will make the adjustments going forward.

You can buy it at www.jasonwojo.com

naturalguy
11-29-07, 6:49 pm
My next workout would normally be tomorrow (Friday) but I am postponing it one day to Saturday so that I can train at the Animal Barbell Club event in CT. I will be adjusting my schedule this way for the next 3 weeks as we have ABC's.

Freak57
11-29-07, 6:55 pm
Nice work lastnight bro..... Good luck saturday... Maybe the extra day and pump will help you she past some Pr's!!!

ironshaolin
11-30-07, 8:32 am
good stuff bro, have you tried using an EZ bar instead of the straight bar? Sometimes the simple hand position can change how it feels in the joints. How's that DVD? I need to pick myself up a copy.

naturalguy
11-30-07, 9:05 am
good stuff bro, have you tried using an EZ bar instead of the straight bar? Sometimes the simple hand position can change how it feels in the joints. How's that DVD? I need to pick myself up a copy.

Yes, the ez curl bar is much better than the straight bar.

The DVD is good, they really explain the principles well and then show you how to perform most of the exercises and stretches. I haven't finished it yet, there is a nutrition segment that I haven't gotten to but I learned I was performing some of the exercises and stretches wrong.

Pizzalamp
11-30-07, 6:48 pm
Yes, the ez curl bar is much better than the straight bar.

The DVD is good, they really explain the principles well and then show you how to perform most of the exercises and stretches. I haven't finished it yet, there is a nutrition segment that I haven't gotten to but I learned I was performing some of the exercises and stretches wrong.

i wanna pick up that dvd looks good

Roland
11-30-07, 10:57 pm
Yo I see you got the DVD too bro....good stuff, very instructional and motivating. Has some good music too and the guys push some mad weight. Good stuff.

naturalguy
12-01-07, 8:21 am
Today I will be starting my turbo boost:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/main_test.gif

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/AnimalTest.jpg

And todays workout will be with the Animal Barbell Club in CT with Ox, Vinny & Gdiesel and the boys.

***WTM***
12-01-07, 7:20 pm
Good log. I am a DC'er as well. It is a kick in the pants and takes some getting used to, but I can feel it working.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

ChandlerXJ
12-01-07, 7:36 pm
hey man, how was today in CT?

I'm interested in this DC training but I don't know... it's all so new to me. It seems like a pretty good system.

Anyways, I hope all is well and the new job is treating you good.

Will you be in NJ next week?

naturalguy
12-02-07, 7:53 pm
hey man, how was today in CT?

I'm interested in this DC training but I don't know... it's all so new to me. It seems like a pretty good system.

Anyways, I hope all is well and the new job is treating you good.

Will you be in NJ next week?

CT was really good, got me fired up. Yes I will be in NJ, hope to see you there.

DC is pretty advanced and you need to do a lot of reading/research before you jump into it. You may want to hold off on something like DC until you hit a plateau.

Pizzalamp
12-02-07, 8:34 pm
intensity
very cool to meet u
hope we can do another abc soon

naturalguy
12-02-07, 9:01 pm
intensity
very cool to meet u
hope we can do another abc soon

Good to meet you too. It's a bit of hike for you but next week we have a New Jersey session and then the following week we have a New York session. If we hit up CT again, I will be there.

MickMars
12-02-07, 10:36 pm
hey NG, uhhh i mean Intensity. Started Test yet? Looking forward towards your log.

naturalguy
12-03-07, 7:40 am
hey NG, uhhh i mean Intensity. Started Test yet? Looking forward towards your log.

Hey Mick, I started it yesterday. Doing a log at bb.com:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5840471&highlight=Universal+Animal

I will be posting my detailed workouts in this log.

Vinny G
12-03-07, 7:49 am
The drive up to CT i picked Intensity's head about DC training.

im starting it today.....

naturalguy
12-03-07, 7:59 am

You serious Vin?

I don't know if I explained it correctly but here is a quick read so you can understand it better:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/19724-updated-dc-training-newbies-read-first-then-ask-questions-later.html

Vinny G
12-03-07, 9:16 am
You serious Vin?

I don't know if I explained it correctly but here is a quick read so you can understand it better:

yes....starting it tonight

ironshaolin
12-03-07, 9:42 am
and Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Intensity, you love hittin those PR's with DC or what?

naturalguy
12-03-07, 10:22 am
yes....starting it tonight

Awesome and remember it's Doggcrap not Doggfart LOL

and Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Intensity, you love hittin those PR's with DC or what?

One of the things I like about DC is the accountability and you can see when you beat your last workout which is very rewarding.

Pizzalamp
12-03-07, 8:09 pm
Good to meet you too. It's a bit of hike for you but next week we have a New Jersey session and then the following week we have a New York session. If we hit up CT again, I will be there.

cool

Giant Killer
12-03-07, 10:52 pm

What...? Awesome, I hope you like it Vinny.

violator
12-05-07, 1:47 am
Intensity converting the masses!

naturalguy
12-05-07, 6:43 am
Intensity converting the masses!

haha, I am a salesman by trade!

I haven't updated my workouts in a few days:

Saturday's at the CT ABC:

Smith machine shoulder presses

side laterals

tricep pushdowns

Hammer undergrip pulldowns

Rack Deads

Monday's workout:

Machine curls

wrist curls

Squat machine

Lying leg curls

Leg press calf raises

Hoomgar
12-05-07, 8:43 am
So what does P/RR/S stand for and how is it done? Yeah I'm a little green LOL!
I'm reading up on this DC training and may give it a go down the road. Now I want to know what P/RR/S is since obviously it seems to be a standard. It may be what I am doing and don't know it because I am following a routine from a trainer guide.

naturalguy
12-05-07, 1:31 pm
So what does P/RR/S stand for and how is it done? Yeah I'm a little green LOL!
I'm reading up on this DC training and may give it a go down the road. Now I want to know what P/RR/S is since obviously it seems to be a standard. It may be what I am doing and don't know it because I am following a routine from a trainer guide.

It's Power/Rep Range/Shock

The short version is this. You train your bodyparts once per week, I was doing one bodypart per day. The first week is Power week, your reps are between 4-6 to failure, heavy compound movements.

The second week is Rep Range, first exercise you do 7-9 reps, second exercise you do 9-11 reps and third exercise you do 12-15 reps (all to failure)

The third week is Shock week. During this week you use various shock routines such as drop sets, supersets, tri sets, etc.

Then you rotate back to the Power week. To date this has been my favorite type of training. Here is a good read on it:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31687

Hoomgar
12-05-07, 2:33 pm
It's Power/Rep Range/Shock

The short version is this. You train your bodyparts once per week, I was doing one bodypart per day. The first week is Power week, your reps are between 4-6 to failure, heavy compound movements.

The second week is Rep Range, first exercise you do 7-9 reps, second exercise you do 9-11 reps and third exercise you do 12-15 reps (all to failure)

The third week is Shock week. During this week you use various shock routines such as drop sets, supersets, tri sets, etc.

Then you rotate back to the Power week. To date this has been my favorite type of training. Here is a good read on it:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31687

That is awesome! Thanks for the info. There is so much for me to learn and do. This has been one of the best things I have done in my life! The routine I am doing now is sort of dry but plenty hard for a beginner just the same. It's all heavy compound sets of Squats, Deads, Chins, Bent over Rows, etc... but you do the same thing every workout. Because you hammer everything, every time you workout 3 days a week. I do Tues, Thurs, Sat and it runs for 6 to 8 weeks. I just started my second run through it Yesterday so when this one is done I'll be looking for something to mix it up. Probably one of the two mentioned here. Of the two, P/RR/S or DC which would you recommend for a learning novice like me? I'm 41 and have only been BB since August this year. I am completely new to this. I didn't even know what Creatine was until August :|

Both of those sound great to me but I am not sure which would be best suited for a beginner. I have the dedication for anything. Just need my body to keep up LOL!

naturalguy
12-05-07, 3:20 pm
That is awesome! Thanks for the info. There is so much for me to learn and do. This has been one of the best things I have done in my life! The routine I am doing now is sort of dry but plenty hard for a beginner just the same. It's all heavy compound sets of Squats, Deads, Chins, Bent over Rows, etc... but you do the same thing every workout. Because you hammer everything, every time you workout 3 days a week. I do Tues, Thurs, Sat and it runs for 6 to 8 weeks. I just started my second run through it Yesterday so when this one is done I'll be looking for something to mix it up. Probably one of the two mentioned here. Of the two, P/RR/S or DC which would you recommend for a learning novice like me? I'm 41 and have only been BB since August this year. I am completely new to this. I didn't even know what Creatine was until August :|

Both of those sound great to me but I am not sure which would be best suited for a beginner. I have the dedication for anything. Just need my body to keep up LOL!

Nice, your never too old to start.

I would recommend P/RR/S for you. DC is pretty advanced.

naturalguy
12-06-07, 8:49 am
Great workout yesterday. 5 days into using Animal Test and I feel/look much fuller and more importantly beat the logbook on every exercise.

Standing military presses

side lateral machine

Overhead two arm dumbell extensions

Close grip lat pulldowns

Deadlifts

JohnSell
12-07-07, 12:03 am
nice workout bro, slap that log book around like it owes you money hahaha, stay strong.

naturalguy
12-07-07, 8:55 am
nice workout bro, slap that log book around like it owes you money hahaha, stay strong.

I am ready for our workout tomorrow!

JohnSell
12-09-07, 10:32 am
bro, woke up this morning, felt like i've been hit by a bus haha. Great workout bro, def gotta do it again.

naturalguy
12-09-07, 3:46 pm
bro, woke up this morning, felt like i've been hit by a bus haha. Great workout bro, def gotta do it again.

I am pretty damn sore myself and I have a feeling tomorrow will be worse!

Great workout John.

Pizzalamp
12-09-07, 9:37 pm
pix looked great of jersey gathering'your workout looked intense too

naturalguy
12-10-07, 7:34 am
pix looked great of jersey gathering'your workout looked intense too

It was. I trained with JohnSell:

Standing barbell curls (ez curl bar)

Wrist curls

Vertical leg press (haven't used one of these in years) we hit a widowmaker on these

Sumo leg press

Standing calf raises

ghost
12-10-07, 7:40 am
damn fine job brother! keep it up!!!

naturalguy
12-11-07, 11:45 am
Animal Test must be kicking in. Yesterday's workout was great, weights feel light, beating the logbook:

Hammer Strength Military presses + 10 lbs and 4 more reps than my previous best. When I finished the set my training partner said "that was way too light for you"

Side lateral raise widowmaker + 2 reps from previous best

Reverse grip bench press (tri's) - I switched from smith to free weight so had no baseline numbers

Nautilus nitro nuetral grip pulldowns + 10 lbs

Supported t-bar rows + 10 lbs.

Every thing felt light, great pump, overall a 10/10 workout.

Extreme
12-12-07, 1:57 pm
Ok, I'm hooked. I've been reading up on the DC style training and am going to continue to research it until I feel I have a well enough understanding of it to start. Real quick question, and it's probably b/c I overlooked it. What does the LT and TT stand for when posting numbers? Other than that I just wanted to say stay focused and keep it up, things are looking good. I like the way you do things, it's a great motivator for me.

JohnSell
12-12-07, 4:31 pm
Animal Test must be kicking in. Yesterday's workout was great, weights feel light, beating the logbook:

Hammer Strength Military presses + 10 lbs and 4 more reps than my previous best. When I finished the set my training partner said "that was way too light for you"

Side lateral raise widowmaker + 2 reps from previous best

Reverse grip bench press (tri's) - I switched from smith to free weight so had no baseline numbers

Nautilus nitro nuetral grip pulldowns + 10 lbs

Supported t-bar rows + 10 lbs.

Every thing felt light, great pump, overall a 10/10 workout.

nice job bro, keep them PR's comming!

Roland
12-12-07, 7:51 pm
Keep owning that logbook my brother!

naturalguy
12-13-07, 10:02 am
Ok, I'm hooked. I've been reading up on the DC style training and am going to continue to research it until I feel I have a well enough understanding of it to start. Real quick question, and it's probably b/c I overlooked it. What does the LT and TT stand for when posting numbers? Other than that I just wanted to say stay focused and keep it up, things are looking good. I like the way you do things, it's a great motivator for me.

LT stands for Last Time

TT stands for This Time

so you can see the weights done on the previous workout.

Had another good workout yesterday but also had a leg issue/injury

Weights went up on everything except squats:

Barbell curls + 10 lbs.

wrist curls

Squats - had a sharp pain on the side of my leg where the IT band is on the negative. I consulted with BigAnt and it's probably nothing serious however it will take some rehab (ice initially, then heat) and may have to lay off some exercises and stick to leg extensions for a couple of workouts.

I felt it during warm ups and 225 hurt but I couldn't just walk away (probably should have though) so I dropped the weight to 185 and did a widowmaker.

Seated leg curls + 10 lbs.

Standing calf raises

Hoomgar
12-13-07, 10:33 am
Had another good workout yesterday but also had a leg issue/injury

Squats - had a sharp pain on the side of my leg where the IT band is on the negative. I consulted with BigAnt and it's probably nothing serious however it will take some rehab (ice initially, then heat) and may have to lay off some exercises and stick to leg extensions for a couple of workouts.

I felt it during warm ups and 225 hurt but I couldn't just walk away (probably should have though) so I dropped the weight to 185 and did a widowmaker.

Take care of that brother. I know how disappointing it is to not be able to hit it the way you want to because of an injury. I have had issues with the ligaments in the outside part of my right knee for two weeks now. I had to cut my squats back to less that what my starting weight was almost 4 months ago. Still, by doing so i still get to do "some" squatting and the knee is healing. Same thing with the leg extensions. In my case I find that the leg extensions bother me worse than the squats do. It is healing though. Hope you heal up quick man.

naturalguy
12-16-07, 12:16 pm
Thanks Hoomgar!

Had a great workout yesterday at the NYC ABC event. We trained at 5th Ave. gym in Brooklyn. It was a very hardcore gym. Great atmosphere. We had a great turnout with a lot of forvm members and Ox was there as well. We grabbed some sushi afterwards.

As far as training:

Side laterals

Cable pushdowns

Close grip pulldowns

Rack Deads

The weights/machines at this gym were very different then the weights at my gym so it was hard to track if I beat the logbook but I felt strong.

JohnSell
12-16-07, 2:38 pm
Thanks Hoomgar!

Had a great workout yesterday at the NYC ABC event. We trained at 5th Ave. gym in Brooklyn. It was a very hardcore gym. Great atmosphere. We had a great turnout with a lot of forvm members and Ox was there as well. We grabbed some sushi afterwards.

As far as training:

Side laterals

Cable pushdowns

Close grip pulldowns

Rack Deads

The weights/machines at this gym were very different then the weights at my gym so it was hard to track if I beat the logbook but I felt strong.

Great workout man, hows your leg doing?

naturalguy
12-16-07, 8:59 pm
Great workout man, hows your leg doing?

The leg doesn't feel great, I will find out tomorrow as I have quads on schedule.

Pizzalamp
12-16-07, 9:01 pm
The leg doesn't feel great, I will find out tomorrow as I have quads on schedule.

i had the same injury over the summer it was the worst pain ever at the time
i gave it rest and what ant said to do it and it got better

naturalguy
12-16-07, 9:04 pm
i had the same injury over the summer it was the worst pain ever at the time
i gave it rest and what ant said to do it and it got better

I am going to follow BigAnt's advice. I may have to do leg extensions for a while. I will test it tomorrow.

Pizzalamp
12-16-07, 9:07 pm
I am going to follow BigAnt's advice. I may have to do leg extensions for a while. I will test it tomorrow.

yeah i would skip the heavy stuff just to be safe

hjayss
12-18-07, 1:41 am

Yeah I feel you on that one..My knee has been giving me a few probs. I bought wraps helps a litle but afterwards aww man...Not serious but really just kinda pisses you of right..
Well how you enjoying the dc life...Looks like you are kecking some ass here...

MickMars
12-18-07, 8:40 am
Alright guys, I got 2 cans of Test with me. Freaking excited to start it.

Anyway, I am abit disappointed, cause I was expecting the new badass designed can.

ps: yeahhh, I know its only released next year, but one can always hope right? :P

naturalguy
12-18-07, 9:15 am

Anyway, I am abit disappointed, cause I was expecting the new badass designed can.

ps: yeahhh, I know its only released next year, but one can always hope right? :P

New cans will be coming soon!

Yesterday's workout:

Hammer strength bicep curls

Wrist curls

Leg Extensions - 1 RP set & 1 widowmaker (holy fucking pump Batman!)

Lying leg curls

Leg press calve raises

JohnSell
12-18-07, 9:23 am
Solid workout man, you hitting up the AC gathering eric?

naturalguy
12-18-07, 9:31 am
Solid workout man, you hitting up the AC gathering eric?

Absolutely

McFly
12-18-07, 9:37 am

Intensity-

I tore my IT band this past summer, do you have any bruising? my leg was black and blue from my upper hamstring area and drained all the way down to my ankle.

I had physical therapy for something like 6-8 weeks, ultrasound heat therapy, LOTS of stretching, massage and ice.

I'm no PT but if you don't have any bruising, stretch it out twice a day and ice at night. (that's what i did at home)

I was training legs about 3 weeks after the injury. My PT said to train around it, do things that didn't bother it but no heavy squats or presses for 8 weeks. I still have to stretch regulary now or I do feel it, especially the day after legs if i don't stretch.

Hoomgar
12-18-07, 9:38 am

I thought the same thing when I got mine but you know what, those "old" cans of Test were not around long so keep a can after it is empty. It's kind of one of a kind once the new designs come out.

Is anyone else a junk collector like me? I like to keep at least one can/container of every supplement I ever take/try for my collection. I figure I'll decorate my home gym with them some day along with vintage posters of the older pros. Just something to do.

I also am chomping at the bit to start my Test cycle. My cycle starts News Years Day! Jan 1. :) Gotta start the year right yo, aight... LOL!

Your progress has me really excited to see what Test will do for me Intensity. How is that knee today?

naturalguy
12-18-07, 10:03 am
Intensity-

I tore my IT band this past summer, do you have any bruising? my leg was black and blue from my upper hamstring area and drained all the way down to my ankle.

I had physical therapy for something like 6-8 weeks, ultrasound heat therapy, LOTS of stretching, massage and ice.

I'm no PT but if you don't have any bruising, stretch it out twice a day and ice at night. (that's what i did at home)

I was training legs about 3 weeks after the injury. My PT said to train around it, do things that didn't bother it but no heavy squats or presses for 8 weeks. I still have to stretch regulary now or I do feel it, especially the day after legs if i don't stretch.

No bruising. I don't think I tore anything. I believe it's just really tight and inflamed.

It's a tough area to stretch. I have been icing and using a foam roller on it daily. I am also switching to leg extensions for the time being. Thanks for the advice.

McFly
12-18-07, 10:06 am
they gave me some really good stretches that work...i'll see if i can find video or pics of them as they are hard to explain. where is the pain? my tear was up high but the pain went all the way down to my knee.

edit: found these real quick. these were part of my rehab and pretty much what i still do to keep things loose.

1)Stand upright
2)Cross the involved leg BEHIND the opposite leg
3)Lean to the uninvolved side until a stretch is felt across the affected iliotibial band
4)Hold for 30 seconds
5)Repeat X 5

1)Lay on your back
2)Bend the involved leg's knee
3)Grasp behind the bent leg's knee with both hands
4)Pull the involved leg toward the opposite shoulder
5)Hold for 30 seconds
6)Repeat X 5

naturalguy
12-18-07, 10:23 am
Thanks!

Pizzalamp
12-18-07, 11:21 pm
your last workout looked solid bro
hope ya injury heals soon

naturalguy
12-19-07, 10:26 am
Another great workout in the books this morning. I am gaining strength on almost every exercise. Animal Test + DC training is a winning combo!

Standing military press + 10lbs. for the same reps I did with 10 less lbs. 8/3/2

Side lateral machine + 3 reps

Overhead DB extensions + 5lbs.

Neutral grip chins - one pet peeve about DC is that you have to do the same exercise so you can gauge strength, I could not get on the close grip pulldown machine, they only have one set of handles and 3 people were working on it. I got frustrated and made a judgement call and went with chins rather than waiting.

Deadlifts - went light because of IT band.

JohnSell
12-19-07, 11:47 am
I got the same problem you do about DC, seems like the day i need to use the machine, its the one everyone wants to crowd around, use every now and then, and talk about how their day went....damn

ironshaolin
12-19-07, 12:08 pm
If you read alot about Dante, he says thats normally when he does his abs. The only time he says he trains abs is when he's waiting for a machine, and he might do 2-3 sets of an excersise, progressive weight. thats one idea, the other is to walk up to the person and say, its my turn now bitch you best move up out the way. I wouldn't recommend that however.

Extreme
12-19-07, 4:32 pm
Looking good bro! I'm continueing my study on DC and am getting ready to hit it hard after the holidays. I'd love to start it now, but I'll be out of town and unsure if a gym will be available to me. Looks like your still tearing up the log book though, and that's what counts.

girlbdybldr
12-20-07, 8:37 am
Hey you, just stopping by to say hi! Your wourkouts look good. Hope the IT band heals, that is a sucky injury ...

naturalguy
12-20-07, 8:53 am
Looking good bro! I'm continueing my study on DC and am getting ready to hit it hard after the holidays. I'd love to start it now, but I'll be out of town and unsure if a gym will be available to me. Looks like your still tearing up the log book though, and that's what counts.

Thats a smart move. I read up on DC for two weeks and got the DVD in preparation.

Hey you, just stopping by to say hi! Your wourkouts look good. Hope the IT band heals, that is a sucky injury ...

Hey, glad you stopped in. Yeah the IT is a pain but good thing is it's not serious.

naturalguy
12-21-07, 10:15 am
End of first can review/summary

I just finished my last pack of my first can of Animal Test. I will be running two cans back to back. Here's the deal:

Starting bodyweight - 199lbs
Ending bodyweight - 204 lbs + 5lbs

I did not test bf% however my waist size on my jeans are the same however they are much tighter in the quad area (more on this in the summary)

Strength improvements:

Shoulder presses (2 different exercises) both went up 20 lbs while still using the same reps! Not like I went heavier and lowered the reps.

Overhead dumbell extensions up 10 lbs

Barbell curls up 20 lbs

Lat pulldowns up 20 lbs

Rack deads up 90 lbs

Squats up in reps (I was purposely training with higher reps, I did go up in reps with the same weight I was using before)

This is straight out of my logbook.

Libido increase and it has sustained (has not gone down)

Notes: My quads have blown up (I am lucky in the genetics department as my quads respond well). My shoulders have gotten bigger and they don't respond well in the genetics department so that is huge for me.

It's only been 3 weeks on Animal Test and I don't like to use sensationalism however it's safe to say that this is the most effective supplement that I have used to date. (I have never even tried anything close to a PH so please don't ask me to compare it). Strength way up, gaining muscle, great pumps, what else could you want???????

I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks on it. My goal is to put on as much muscle as I can between now and the Arnold Classic, no I am not competing there however I will be standing in the Animal Cage next to the likes of Vinny Galanti, Evan Centaponi, Erik Fankhouser, Gdiesel, BigAnt and more, now I know I am now where in their league, I just don't want to be the smallest guy there

JohnSell
12-21-07, 2:35 pm
5 pounds in 3 weeks? thats some serious gains bro. Keep it up

Hoomgar
12-21-07, 2:52 pm
Excellent!

naturalguy
12-21-07, 6:27 pm
5 pounds in 3 weeks? thats some serious gains bro. Keep it up

DC + Animal Test = gains

Giant Killer
12-21-07, 6:53 pm
DC + Animal Test = gains

I concur!

Elite
12-21-07, 7:09 pm
, I could not get on the close grip pulldown machine, they only have one set of handles and 3 people were working on it. I got frustrated and made a judgement call and went with chins rather than waiting.

You wanna workout at my gym, i have that same problem just getting a free bench after 5pm. Ridiculous!

Glad your firmly fixed into the DC Zone. Your making great progress.

naturalguy
12-21-07, 8:22 pm
I concur!

You would know GK

Pizzalamp
12-21-07, 8:31 pm
ya know what
when i saw u in brooklyn i did notice u looked bigger to me
i also noticed your legs were looking thicker and bigger as well
great job bro

naturalguy
12-21-07, 8:32 pm
ya know what
when i saw u in brooklyn i did notice u looked bigger to me
i also noticed your legs were looking thicker and bigger as well
great job bro

Thanks brother, I am trying. I don't notice it much but my girl mentioned that my pants were much tighter around my quads also.

girlbdybldr
12-22-07, 12:25 am
End of first can review/summary

Notes: My quads have blown up (I am lucky in the genetics department as my quads respond well). My shoulders have gotten bigger and they don't respond well in the genetics department so that is huge for me.

I am the complete opposite ... can we switch lol? I need my quads to respond like my shoulders do ...

naturalguy
12-22-07, 8:03 am
I am the complete opposite ... can we switch lol? I need my quads to respond like my shoulders do ...

I would trade some quads for shoulders any day

naturalguy
12-31-07, 9:56 am
The last 10 days have been my "cruise" phase of DC. Light weights, high reps.

Back to the Blast today.

Great workout this morning.

Hammer strength curls + 5 lbs

wrist curls

Squat machine + 50 lbs and more reps (IT band felt fine)

Lying leg curls + 3 reps over previous weight

Leg press calf raises

I continue to make strength gains. Good end to the year, thats it 2007 is in the books training wise.

Hoomgar
12-31-07, 10:20 am
Squat machine + 40 lbs and more reps (IT band felt fine)

Great progress! Awesome to hear that the IT band is healing up so quick bro.

THORSHAMMER
01-01-08, 6:43 pm

Roland & Gian_Killer,
Bout to kick off the DC program tommorow after doing some research on it I am really pumed up about, I was influnced by what ya'll have said about it and I read some things on Extreme Stretching and Rest Pause technique and was wondering if this is what you use as well in the DC program or is this a variation. Any advise and input on the routine would be nice. Here's a link I gotta allot from... Lookin foorward to it...
Day 1
BICEPS: preacher bench barbell curl RP for 14 reps and 30 second static

FOREARMS: hammer curls straight set for 15 reps (then stretches for biceps)

CALVES: on hack squat straight set for 12 reps but with a 20 second negative phase

HAMSTRINGS: Cybex hamstring press (pressing with heels up top) RP for 20 reps

QUADS: hack squat straight set of 2 plates each side for 20 reps (of course after warming up)
http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

naturalguy
01-10-08, 6:49 pm
Sorry guys, I haven't updated in a while but I have been hitting it hard.

I am finishing up my 2nd can of Test tomorrow and will have some final thoughts.

JohnSell
01-10-08, 7:44 pm
hey eric, up for more DC blasting at the feb gathering?

Lowdown5
01-10-08, 7:45 pm

I am finishing up my 2nd can of Test tomorrow and will have some final thoughts.

Looking forward to em.

spaceclown
01-10-08, 9:07 pm
In for your thoughts too. Test is on my to do list.

Pizzalamp
01-10-08, 10:35 pm

Hope all is well bro
Look forward to seeing u in ct

Hoomgar
01-11-08, 10:08 pm
Can't wait for the final word.

thejohnson
01-22-08, 12:02 pm
Hey intensity, i posted sometime back. I don't visit this forum often. I am on tnation and intensemuscle quite a bit. I have been DC for quite some time. I just wanted to comment as i was reading through some of the pages i saw a few things i figured i might comment on. I noticed a couple of the exercises you were doing were not really DC exercises. Such as the machine side laterals. Stick with the pushpress, seated military press, overhead dumbbell press, upright rows, front raises, hammerstrength shoulder press. These movements will hit the front and side delts enough when you start using heavy enough weight. For example the dumbbell press actually works the side delts more then the front. I'm using 130 lb dumbbells for this movement now. I haven't done side laterals in a long time and you sure couldn't tell it. Also i noticed you were doing quads before hamstrings in some of your routines. Ham should always be done first unless you are doing stiff legged deads that day. Then do quads first then SLDL for safety reasons. Anyway man just thought i would throw that out there for ya. I don't mean to be a dick. Just don't want others to see something being done wrong and mimmick it and then when it doesn't work they say well DC doesn't work or whatever. Take care man and if you ever have any questions i'd be glad to help.

Enforcer
06-24-08, 3:09 pm
Bump. Lets bring this back. Intensity is dead long live Naturalguy

naturalguy
06-24-08, 3:10 pm
Bump. Lets bring this back

Who is Intensity?

Enforcer
06-24-08, 3:11 pm
Who is Intensity?

Idk heard that Ct Italian is bigger then him and NG though

Hoomgar
06-24-08, 3:39 pm

Can't wait for the final word.

Hey! We are still waiting on this! :)

J-Dawg
06-24-08, 4:17 pm
Who is Intensity?

I don't know about that guy. I heard he lifts pretty light though.

J-Dawg
06-24-08, 4:18 pm

I know! Where's NGs final updates?

naturalguy
06-24-08, 4:29 pm

I know! Where's NGs final updates?

There is no final update, the journey continues.

My new tag line "where you finish I begin"

Mr. Dead
06-24-08, 4:31 pm
I never knew this thread existed... Subbed!!!

naturalguy
06-24-08, 4:33 pm
I never knew this thread existed... Subbed!!!

Subbed???????? It's been dead for a while. I am not doing DC training right now and I don't know who this Intensity guy is.

Mr. Dead
06-24-08, 4:35 pm
There is no final update, the journey continues.

Subbed???????? It's been dead for a while. I am not doing DC training right now and I don't know who this Intensity guy is.

You said the journey continues... Are you starting a new one, under your name, or are you still stalking this Intensity character...?

naturalguy
06-24-08, 4:38 pm
You said the journey continues... Are you starting a new one, under your name, or are you still stalking this Intensity character...?

IF I do a journey it will be a new one

J-Dawg
06-24-08, 4:40 pm

So, the journey would never begin?

Mr. Dead
06-24-08, 4:42 pm
Got it...

Hoomgar
06-24-08, 4:50 pm
Is this the thread to sign up for DC training?

naturalguy
06-24-08, 4:52 pm

Only if your name is Intensity

J-Dawg
06-24-08, 5:09 pm

I think it's the naturalguy roasting thread. ;)

Big Wides
06-24-08, 5:12 pm

If thats the case, this could possibly be the most popular one on the board

brandonA
06-24-08, 5:34 pm
Who is Intensity?

He was a good guy, but sadly, we had to feed him to Machine in the Cage....

-B

Pizzalamp
06-25-08, 7:06 pm
hell yeah!!! lets get this baby rolling!!!

Hoomgar
06-26-08, 10:46 am

LOL! Wrong message board bro...

Enforcer
06-26-08, 10:51 am

We might have to start 1 here

Hoomgar
06-26-08, 10:53 am

We'll be startin something that's for sure! Ha ha!

Enforcer
06-26-08, 10:56 am

get it going

Big Wides
06-26-08, 11:14 am
get it going

Ever notice how NG and Dave look alike....maybe NG is Dave just waiting in the bushes like the man in the black pajaimas.....

J-Dawg
06-26-08, 11:17 am

Hahaha, we'll have to keep it under disguise here.

J-Dawg
06-26-08, 11:18 am

What's a bodybuilding message board without an NG roasting thread!

J-Dawg

It looks like it's already begun ;)

Enforcer
We def need to get something going

Hoomgar
06-26-08, 11:25 am
U very bad people, make fun of ng (nice guy)

Enforcer
06-26-08, 11:29 am
U very bad people, make fun of ng (nice guy)

Its all out of love

Hoomgar
06-26-08, 11:55 am
Its all out of love

Is this the "tough love" I've heard so much about?

Enforcer
06-26-08, 3:03 pm

Yup yup

Punisher
09-09-08, 4:50 pm
I think you should get back on this you did Dc for like what 3 weeks?

naturalguy
09-09-08, 6:42 pm
I think you should get back on this you did Dc for like what 3 weeks?

woah, a Punisher sighting!

It was 6 months bro

Pizzalamp
09-09-08, 9:24 pm
great thread
consider me subbed

naturalguy
09-10-08, 12:39 pm
great thread
consider me subbed

Threads over Pizza, you missed it

Enforcer
09-10-08, 12:45 pm
Is this the keto-diet thread....Doh

Hoomgar
09-10-08, 12:56 pm
Subbed! I've been wanting to follow someone doing DC! This is exciting. I'll be taking notes.

Enforcer
09-10-08, 12:58 pm
Subbed! I've been wanting to follow someone doing DC! This is exciting. I'll be taking notes.

Lol, this thread is old and over. Sorry Hoom.

Hoomgar
09-10-08, 1:02 pm
Lol, this thread is old and over. Sorry Hoom.

If you read back through you'll find me all through it bro, I just pushin buttons like you :)

firsthorseman97
09-10-08, 1:17 pm
Who's Intensity and why is NG posting all over his thread? Not one single post from this Intensity guy.

LMFAO!

Hoomgar
09-10-08, 1:21 pm
Who's Intensity and why is NG posting all over his thread? Not one single post from this Intensity guy.

LMFAO!

Yea talk about thread-jacking!

Punisher
09-10-08, 1:54 pm
NG are you still doin keto??

Enforcer
09-10-08, 1:55 pm
NG are you still doin keto??

I hope not bc he was looking way too small when he did....smaller then usual...lol

Punisher
09-10-08, 1:58 pm
I hope not bc he was looking way too small when he did....smaller then usual...lol

hahaha yea skinny fat tiny tit on keto...ng get back on the DC with some CHO+ PRO and get hyuuoooge ftw hahaha

jk bro

McFly
09-10-08, 2:06 pm
damn the crowd is rough on NG....and Pun is back blazing the board again??? what's up with that?

Brutus_515
09-10-08, 2:08 pm
Is this the keto-diet thread....Doh

was he "keto-bulking"?...or sacraficeing hard earned muscle?...becuase NG wouldnt do such a thing maybe intesity was though

Pizzalamp
09-10-08, 4:34 pm
this is a very motivational thread-keep up the good work

i have a question-what is your opinion on folks wearing jeans to the gym to work out in?

Mr. Dead
10-28-09, 1:09 pm
Where am I...??? It sure is dark and dusty in here...

Hoomgar
10-28-09, 1:34 pm
Where am I...??? It sure is dark and dusty in here...

It looks like they stopped construction before anything got built?

Mr. Dead
10-28-09, 1:40 pm
It looks like they stopped construction before anything got built?

I kind of miss that Intensity guy...

Hoomgar
10-28-09, 1:49 pm
I kind of miss that Intensity guy...

He was,... intense.

Mr. Dead
10-28-09, 1:56 pm
He was,... intense.

I think he was nicer than that NG character... And, someone said he was better looking than NG, too... But, that's just hearsay... *LOL*

Hoomgar
10-28-09, 1:59 pm
I think he was nicer than that NG character... And, someone said he was better looking than NG, too... But, that's just hearsay... *LOL*

As far as I know he wasn't as much of a brawler as NG either. I mean look at all the bloodfest NG had with ITGT. Intensity would have never!

Mr. Dead
10-28-09, 4:24 pm

get it going

What's a bodybuilding message board without an NG roasting thread!

There's some very "thought provoking" ideas in here...

SolidTongan
12-08-09, 5:53 pm
How have your gains been with DC? I've switched over as well.