PDA

View Full Version : Central Texas Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ldskenpo
10-30-07, 8:02 pm
Anybody in Texas wanna get together? I got a couple my guys here at FT Hood ( central TX) and know of a couple in San Antonio. You can be military or civilian ( we can get you on post if we pick here to do this. Or we can rotate between locations.

I know there are a few Texas Animals, lets do this ,either reply here or PM me.
Robert

G Diesel
10-31-07, 8:39 am
lds has the miltary and the Texas civilians covered... Welcome to The Board bro. Peace, G

Texas Titan
10-31-07, 9:53 am
Let's get together!!! I'm in the DFW area.

JMC
10-31-07, 10:44 am
I'm in....

invictus1
10-31-07, 2:07 pm
im in San Marcos jut up the road, im in

SQUAT or DIE!
10-31-07, 2:39 pm
sounds bad ass.. but im havin surgery in a few weeks so i cant touch weights for like 3 months

ldskenpo
10-31-07, 10:07 pm
how many of us are military and have the brothers in arms shirts? figured we could get a group pic of the military guys for G Diesel and them.

at the risk of being too controlling ( hazards of the job), what do youthink we should do? chest?back? LEGS? My choice is Legs.
so far it seems like we are all relatively along I-35 ish, so maybe we can alternate between the cities?
anything wrong with saturdays in nov/ or dec 1 ?

if we pick to meet here or in San Antonio after, we can go to the mess hall to eat good army food ( or not)

hit me with your suggestions

ionacht
11-01-07, 1:25 pm
I'm here in the west houston area. I would definitely try to make it for a gathering. Not military though. USMC wouldn't have me because of my crappy hearing. A Saturday would be perfect for me. I think any workout with the big lifts would be great. Chest would be good for those of us who train solo. But I freaking love leg day.

JMC
11-01-07, 2:37 pm
Robert, as far as switching up cities, that's fine with me...as long as it's somewhere in the general area. Unfortunately I cannot commit to a certain date as of now, my job has me travelling quite a bit. But don't let that hold any plans back. As far as lifting...it wouldn't matter to me.

Also, I think there are some more TX folks out here somewhere...I just don't know who exactly they are.

Oh, I don't have one of the military tees, but a few Animal tees.

ldskenpo
11-01-07, 9:04 pm
I'm here in the west houston area. I would definitely try to make it for a gathering. Not military though.

its ok if you are civvie, we can get you in , and a bonus is that there is no user fee for the gyms on post so that should mitigate some of the costs.

I know where katy is at, I used to live in and around houston as a kid. you are a little less than 3 hrs away.

ldskenpo
11-02-07, 3:20 pm
in order for us to be "sanctioned" each forum member needs to show up wearing animal shirts, and also sign the banner ( which I will request once we get set up).
If any questions contact me.

ldskenpo
11-02-07, 3:29 pm
I havent gotten any negative responses about doing this on 1 december. i really want to do this, so
suggested
1 dec 1100, meet at the front gate to ft hood ( myself and the other servicemembers will get all in), if you mapquest it, the zip here is 76544.
we need to be wearing Animal shirts, I will wear the yellow Animalpak shirt so I can be easily seen. then we will go to one of the gyms on post ( its free, no coordinating prices) do a leg workout, meet outside and get the group photo for G Diesel, sign the banner and then go somewhere to eat.

any changes?
let me know if you are gonna be there, JMC- if you can be there, be there even if it is last minute- you got a spot reserved.

JMC
11-02-07, 3:43 pm
Sounds awesome...as of now, I'm there...but like you said, it will be a last minute deal with my f-ed up calendar! I hope all others can make it out there.

ionacht
11-02-07, 5:47 pm
Guess it's time I ordered a shirt, huh? I'll see what I can do to make it. Will confirm ASAP.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-06-07, 10:11 am
just out of cuiousity since i will be in a sling can my broken ass attend still?

ldskenpo
11-06-07, 9:59 pm
just out of cuiousity since i will be in a sling can my broken ass attend still?

YUP, feel like doing the pics?

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 10:37 pm
The Central Texas Animals are looking really solid Robert. I'm looking forward to viewing your group's session(s) and pics.

Kevin
widdlewade44

SQUAT or DIE!
11-07-07, 12:16 am
haha if i can sign the banner yeah.. but id probably like to take one so i can have a copy with my ass in it.. i just ordered a shirt today so ill have it in like 2 weeks

SQUAT or DIE!
11-07-07, 12:21 am
haha if i can sign the banner yeah.. but id probably like to take one so i can have a copy with my ass in it.. i just ordered a shirt today so ill have it in like 2 weeks

brutal
11-11-07, 4:59 pm
this would be legit. im 90% sure i can make it, just need to make sure that I don't have too many tests the next week. i'll definitely let you guys know in the next day or so if i can make it.

brutal
11-13-07, 11:07 pm
okay. dec 1 is perfect, the next week is dead week so i can study for finals then. im in, doesnt matter what we hit. im pumped.

Travis
11-13-07, 11:29 pm
ok i'm in nacogdoches, at stephen f. austin, it's about 3 hours from dallas. but this sounds cool. unfortunately i'm broke as hell so ft. worth is a long ass drive in a truck that guzzles gas. if yall get anything in houston in december or after i will be there cuz i'm moving back home.

ldskenpo
11-14-07, 5:24 am
I know we have been planning this for dec 1, can it be moved to dec 8? the plan for 1 dec just fell through the floor (the gym I was going to use has some scheduling problems, myself and the other 2 guys in the same unit have got to do "stuff", etc)

if this screws everything up too much, let me know. I just got out of the field yesterday and found this crap out.
We ARE gonna do this, even if it is in my garage with some hijacked plates.

lwt me know.

ionacht
11-14-07, 9:37 am
Right now I'm working that Saturday but I'll see what I can do.

JMC
11-14-07, 10:48 am
I know we have been planning this for dec 1, can it be moved to dec 8? the plan for 1 dec just fell through the floor (the gym I was going to use has some scheduling problems, myself and the other 2 guys in the same unit have got to do "stuff", etc)

if this screws everything up too much, let me know. I just got out of the field yesterday and found this crap out.
We ARE gonna do this, even if it is in my garage with some hijacked plates.

lwt me know.

Tell me about is bro...I just got back from FL for 2 weeks, get back, and I'm off to Vegas for the rest of the week. Unfortunately I'm day to day, but I'll do my best to show and represent!

Freakshow
11-15-07, 12:25 am
I was just about to post a thread for a headcount about and ABC event in TX...dont know how I missed this thread. I am in the DFW area, but currently at school in East Texas. Have fun at this event guys. Represent and get some good pics. If the turnout is good (sounds like its going to be great), I will get something together in a couple of months for those who couldnt make it to this one, or just want to come to another event.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-15-07, 10:07 am
so are we still planning for dec 1, or are we moving it until eveyonce can go?

brutal
11-15-07, 2:41 pm
im still down for whenever..

ldskenpo
11-19-07, 8:46 pm
Who is able to do thid on DEC 8 ? I am about to ask G Diesel for the goody box for this.

ldskenpo
11-20-07, 8:45 pm
fellas, check this out
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12581
the guys at universal are working a deal to get us shirts at a lowered price ( gotta attend an ABC ) tomorrow I am going to ask G Diesel to send out the goods for the meeting on dec 8, unless otherwise indicated.hit me up with a PM if you are going to be there.

ldskenpo
11-20-07, 9:27 pm
ok, myself included there are 10 of us!!! I am going to PM everyone about the 8 DEC, please respond whether you want the directions or not ( if it is last minute that is ok, I will still send them.

from exit 293 on I 35 it is only 25 miles or so to the front gate of ft hood, right there is the visitor center, we can meet there and the military guys can get the others onto post all you need is a picture ID ( drivers license )

I am going to request the banner, etc for us.

Travis
11-21-07, 12:26 am
what are we going to do? chest? back? i might have torn my lcl sunday night so if it's legs i might have to be moral support if i can go.

ldskenpo
11-21-07, 7:29 am
i thought we had agreed this time we would do legs

Travis
11-21-07, 1:11 pm
i thought we had agreed this time we would do legs

ok i skipped over that little conversation in the posts. just got back from doctor. no tears. just a pulled something or other and i shouldn't lift legs untill there is absolutely no pain.

ldskenpo
11-22-07, 11:13 pm
ok, we will have our first meeting on 8 Dec around 11 am at Burba Fitness Center on FT Hood and then go into town for food. there is no cost for the fitness center, just bring money for chow.

Sugarbutt
11-28-07, 8:03 pm
Oh man, I totally want to go...stupid doc told me no heavy lifting for my lower body (stupid Academy injury!!) though!!! =(

ionacht
11-29-07, 9:27 am
I am going to do my best to be there. This will be too good to miss.

G Diesel
11-29-07, 9:42 am
Looking forward to seeing the pics ldskenpo... Your care package is on the way. Peace, G

SQUAT or DIE!
11-29-07, 10:22 am
well i saw my doc yesterday and he said im all clear to do lower body but i cant do squats cause the bar rests right where he made incesions and did some repairs.. so now i can lift with yall, but i still volunteer to take pics for G Diesel..

ldskenpo
11-29-07, 10:42 pm
As I stated in the PM, I will be at the visitor centerfrom around 1015 til 1100- ish to gather everyone up, I will be wearing my yellow animalpak shirt. if you need help on the trip , my cell phone # is in the PM.

Anyone who just happens to be nearby on the 8th, and has an animal shirt is welcome also. Once we sign the banner, I will give you all the code to get the discounted animal t shirt.
Thank you G Diesel for the help, this is gonna kick ***

SEE YOU ALL ON THE 8TH!!!
Robert

ldskenpo
11-30-07, 2:51 pm
today is 30 nov 2007, that means 7 days and a wake up
see you all there

brutal
12-01-07, 12:02 am
countin it down. just had a nice leg session and im gonna do some active recovery so that im nice and loose for the 8th. this shit is going to be sick. we're bringin the noise.

Ladysh01
12-01-07, 12:21 am
ill be there....

ldskenpo
12-02-07, 12:27 am
today is 1 Dec
6 DAYS AND A WAKE UP
anybody want to join in, PM me and I will give you directions, help on getting here

ldskenpo
12-02-07, 7:07 pm
today is 2 Dec 2007

5 days and a wake up til we all meet at ft hood

gotta try to keep this thread on top for the latecomers

G Diesel
12-02-07, 7:38 pm
today is 2 Dec 2007

5 days and a wake up til we all meet at ft hood

gotta try to keep this thread on top for the latecomers

We've got your back lds... Looing forward to seeing the pics. Peace, G

ldskenpo
12-03-07, 3:26 pm
We've got your back lds... Looing forward to seeing the pics. Peace, G

Never doubted you, G
just excited about it

4 and a wake up , by the way

ldskenpo
12-03-07, 3:27 pm
today is 3 Dec 2007

4 days and a wake up

Robert

brutal
12-03-07, 8:02 pm
see yall this weekend

ldskenpo
12-04-07, 9:05 am
today is 4 Dec 2007

3 days and a wake up

I think our number has gone up to about 12 ( was 8-10)

ldskenpo
12-04-07, 11:30 pm
Got the box today, thanks G. Tempted to open it, but will wait til saturday.

Everyone remember to bring your Animal gear, once we sign the banner and send it in we will get the shirts for the ABC.

Any problems, you got my cell- if you did not get that PM let me know.

Robert

ionacht
12-05-07, 8:56 am
Hey, quick thanks to ldskenpo for the time and effort setting up this first meeting. I know we are going to bring the house down.

G Diesel
12-05-07, 8:58 am
Got the box today, thanks G. Tempted to open it, but will wait til saturday.

Everyone remember to bring your Animal gear, once we sign the banner and send it in we will get the shirts for the ABC.

Any problems, you got my cell- if you did not get that PM let me know.

Robert

Awesome bro... Look forward to seeing the pics. Peace, G

nemesisproject
12-06-07, 11:37 am
I'm looking to start an Animal Barbell Club in South Texas. I know there might not be a lot of us down here but I want to spread the word. We have to get more people interested. There are a couple of good gyms here in McAllen.

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 12:28 pm
Way to go, I know Texas is a big state, we got a gathering planned up here this weekend, maybe we can get together and on day have a Texas state session. Let me know if I cabn help.
Robert
Central Texas ABC

ionacht
12-06-07, 12:33 pm
I know Texas is a big state...

Every thing is bigger in Texas. Ha!

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 12:37 pm
and we are gonna prove it sturday arent we?
Robert

TXPWRLFTR
12-06-07, 12:48 pm
Count us in out here in West Texas!
We have a powerlifting team, HALFEVIL POWERLIFTING.

nemesisproject
12-06-07, 12:56 pm
haha south texas isn't big on working out but we're big on tacos. so hopefully we'll get those few of us that are out there to get together and form a chapter.

JMC
12-06-07, 2:14 pm
Yo fellas... I'm in OK right now and was hoping to get back in time, but as it looks now, at best, I'll be on the road all day Sat driving back. Hopefully there's a good showing and no doubt you guys will represent TX the right way!!! Have fun!

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 7:30 pm
Hey, quick thanks to ldskenpo for the time and effort setting up this first meeting. I know we are going to bring the house down.

Thanks go to you guys for responding and showing interest, even those who will not be able to come in Saturday. All I did was pose the question, y'all got it moving.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 7:34 pm
I noticed a pile of powder in my van next to the box, opened it up and found that one of the Real Gains samples had burst. you guys are gonna get a buttload of stuff ( samples, new AOM's,posters). I gave the shift leader at the gym a sample of storm,shock therapy, pump, Real Gains and my copy of the AOM.

see you guys this weekend.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 7:38 pm
haha south texas isn't big on working out but we're big on tacos. so hopefully we'll get those few of us that are out there to get together and form a chapter.

get with G Diesel and see what happens, Texas is big enough that we might need regional chapters that all come together every once in a while for an all day event. To make the drive more worthwhile ( its about an 8 hr drive from here to there). And just because we call ourselves "Central Texas" does not mean people down south , east,west or north cant come.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-06-07, 8:22 pm
with Texas being such a geographically large state ( it would take some upwards of 8 hrs to travel to 1 location) what if we set up not just a workout session, but a full day dedicated to the Animal way? what i am thinking is getting some of you guys ( G Diesel, wrath,ox,house,Vinny, etc) to come down here and spend the day with us- working out, clinic type stuff.

what would it take for Universal to send y'all down here? i am sure that the prospect of meeting and lifting with the "pros" would make it worthwhile to travel. what do you think?

Robert

bigdog
12-07-07, 8:55 am
I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS DAMN THREAD! i am in killeen texas, and when i got to work this morning, i had an e-mail from animal barbell club talking about the abc's. so i went to the central texas one, and dammit now i am here. i wish i would have learned about this earlier!! when will the meet be, i want in! i also dont have an animal shirt yet, but i am getting some NOW!!!!! keep me posted, bigdog

Wasteland
12-07-07, 9:42 am
Good luck tomorrow guys. How many are going ldskenpo?

TYEster
12-07-07, 10:53 am
Anyone representing Austin here?

I'm not sure if this thread is for "meets" only, but I generally train in South Austin. Whens the next get together?

G Diesel
12-07-07, 11:47 am
Yo ldskenpo... You guys have a head count? Roll call time...
Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Peace, G

bigdog
12-07-07, 11:51 am
its official! i have all my animal shirts in route to me, so i will be ready for the next meeting for the centex animals! later, bigdog

brutal
12-07-07, 2:00 pm
Anyone representing Austin here?

I'm not sure if this thread is for "meets" only, but I generally train in South Austin. Whens the next get together?

Austin resident here but I'm off at school in College Station. Train at golds off wm. cannon/mopac or wm. cannon/35 when I'm in town.

brutal
12-07-07, 2:01 pm
Tomorrow.
goin down.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-07, 7:03 pm
i dont know bout yall but i am pumped to get this thing started and meet yall, hopefully i can walk away having learned something new, and inspired to challenge myself

ldskenpo
12-07-07, 9:19 pm
Yo ldskenpo... You guys have a head count? Roll call time...
Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Peace, G

ldskenpo
millsy
czech boy
squat or die
ionacht
brutal
ladysh01
jmc- tentative
invictus1- tentative
a couple more guys who signed up in the past couple days so they can come, dont know their screen names.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-07-07, 9:20 pm
i dont know bout yall but i am pumped to get this thing started and meet yall, hopefully i can walk away having learned something new, and inspired to challenge myself

I am a 34 yr old father of a large family, been in the infantry for 15 yrs, gone to several different countries- why do I feel like I am going on a first date?
Robert

ANDROTAZ
12-07-07, 11:15 pm
Austin resident here but I'm off at school in College Station. Train at golds off wm. cannon/mopac or wm. cannon/35 when I'm in town.

Shit, I'm in CS myself. Don't think I'll be able to make it this time around, though. Hopefully next time...this is a kick ass idea.

Millsy
12-08-07, 12:29 am
I'm so excited bout tomorrow I cant sleep. See ya there.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-08-07, 12:37 am
I am a 34 yr old father of a large family, been in the infantry for 15 yrs, gone to several different countries- why do I feel like I am going on a first date?
Robert

haha whats wrong you scared to meet new people?

TYEster
12-08-07, 11:53 am
I'll be at the next one in the Austin area... lol. San Marcos, Round Rock, Georgetown, even Marble Falls or Bastrop.

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 12:02 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13155

more pics to come as soon as millsy downloads them
Robert

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 12:24 am
the day started with me going by the gym to make sure everything was still ok, to my surprise, the shift leader reserved BOTH power racks for us and had the banner put up on the wall between them.so, after checking on that I drove back to the "rally point" to meet up with thoise who are coming down . I found ionacht and SQUAT OR DIE! waiting for me, czech boy, millsy and momo soon joined us and black carolina joined once we got to the gym. we waited until the appropriate time and then load3ed up into my vehicle entered post and went to the gym. After signing in, we went to the squat racks for our first exercise- squats. our workout was- squats, leg presses, leg curls, db lunges, calf presses ( due to time ). i think we had a great workout ( uused up all the 100 lb plates in the house), had a blast of a time, went to a buffet afterwards and chowed on some dead cows etc.
Everyone signed the banner ( which I will send to you G Diesel, as soon as I get the info from the guys).
the suggestion was put out there for our next meeting to be early jan 08 ( what about 5 jan 08?) here again, seems that we are fairly central to everyone and gym entry is free ( thanks y'all). - to understand that comment ya gotta come to a session, right ionacht?
for those who could not make this one, no hard feelings, I think we all agreed that next time we will do chest.
I had a F***ING blast y'all.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 12:45 am
with Texas being such a geographically large state ( it would take some upwards of 8 hrs to travel to 1 location) what if we set up not just a workout session, but a full day dedicated to the Animal way? what i am thinking is getting some of you guys ( G Diesel, wrath,ox,house,Vinny, etc) to come down here and spend the day with us- working out, clinic type stuff.

what would it take for Universal to send y'all down here? i am sure that the prospect of meeting and lifting with the "pros" would make it worthwhile to travel. what do you think?

Robert

TYEster
12-09-07, 12:52 am
From the pictures it looks like I shoulda went. Agh, damnit!

You guys trained on a base right? Is it possible for civilians to get in? Especially just to workout lol.

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 2:14 am
From the pictures it looks like I shoulda went. Agh, damnit!

You guys trained on a base right? Is it possible for civilians to get in? Especially just to workout lol.

yes, we worked out on a base, it is rather easy to get civvies here and in the gym. the guys said the guards were real gentle. ha,ha

Seriously, all you gotta do is get with me and i will get you on here and in the gym.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 2:18 am
The Arnold is in late Feb, that means we got 2 more months to get as many banners in so we can cover the walls of the cage. i wanna get at least 3 banners up, whaddayasay?
Robert

bigdog
12-09-07, 4:14 am
im in! i want my name on the next one for sure. keep me posted on the next meet, and im there. later, bigdog

Millsy
12-09-07, 6:55 pm
I would like to see the banners in person at the classic. Its Feb. 29th- Mar. 2nd.Im going to try to go since it is in my home state.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-09-07, 9:19 pm
man i am so bummed i couldnt squast with yall but we got some nice pics of the LP.. 1280 was a nice warm up.. haha..

chest is fine with me next time, ill just take all the pics.. jan 5th works for me its before my semester starts up so ill be back my then

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 9:20 pm
ok, we are trying to set up the next one. we understand about work schedules and stuff, but I would like to get as many people as possible to come out. it took ionacht 3 hrs to drive here from katy/houston it takes about that from dfw, the gym here is free. Everybody who came last time said to have it here again cuz it is centrally located and FREE- no daily/visitor fees,etc.

lets get this going, c'mon.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-09-07, 10:18 pm
We all understand about work, injuries finances and stuff. But as I am thinking of how to make the next session better, I am going to do a few things differently,
First, about a week ago I pm'd everyone and gave them my cell# to use in case of need while trying to get here- next time maybe we should all exchange.This time, nobody called to say hey, cant come or whatever ( with the exception of ladysh01). I told G Diesel originally that we were to have 8 people show up, I want to try and double that number next time.

ldskenpo
czech boy
SQUAT OR DIE!
ionacht
millsy
black carolina
tyester
bigdog
androtaz
brutal
jmc
invictus1
texas titan
travis
sugarbutt
ladysh01
momo
freakshow

thats 18 people who have replied to this thread and the interest of getting together to show EVERYONE how its done in the GREAT state of TEXAS. Let's get together and have a kickass session, everybody chime in here.
Right now, the going suggestion is chest on Saturday, the 5th of January here on FT Hood again- it is centrally located to both dfw and houston and free use of the gym ( thanks). Now, if you dont want to do chest, that is fine, we are a group of people who just wanna have fun and throw weights around. Once again, it is understood about work,money,injuries and stuff- just come out when you can.
Robert

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-07, 12:30 am
so i got my buddy to join the forum, hes gonna try to start makin out workouts, he saw the pics and wanted in

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-07, 2:08 am
well right now im in the centex ABC, but i think im transfering to kingsville ATM next year so i may join the south tex ABC if yall get it up and goin,or hell do both. i dont mind driving back to killen to work with robert and the guys

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-07, 2:09 am
and we are gonna prove it sturday arent we?
Robert

haha and i believe we did a damn fine job at it..

ionacht
12-10-07, 9:16 am
Also, if the drive is a problem, some of us can get a car pool going. I would not mind driving to College Station and carpooling over. Same for folks in DFW, San Antonio, ect. Oh, and the gym there is reason enough to go. Great facility with great equipment. I counted at least 4 flat benches so doing chest would be no problem. AND ITS FREE.

nemesisproject
12-10-07, 5:14 pm
well so far there hasn't been any interest in putting together an ABC. Maybe flyers at local gyms will help spread the word.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-07, 7:03 pm
this is in no way bitching.... It is just something i happened to over hear at the rec today..

So i was on the LP, just finished a set and i stood up and was throwin on some more weight and i was leaning on the machine to catch my breath real quick and some girl and her friend walked by, and almost intentionally loud enugh for me to over hear one of the girls said "oh my god that guys a freak he must be on steroids".... and it took me everything i had to not go up to her and cuss her out.. So apprently if you can bench alot and have a nice body your some sort of god but if your big and strong as an ox your some sort of steroided up freak?? the frat boy whose benchin is probably the one on roids..

so feel free to throw back comments, am i over reacting or is she just some dumb bitch that doesnt know shit?

ionacht
12-11-07, 9:06 am
this is in no way bitching.... It is just something i happened to over hear at the rec today..

So i was on the LP, just finished a set and i stood up and was throwin on some more weight and i was leaning on the machine to catch my breath real quick and some girl and her friend walked by, and almost intentionally loud enugh for me to over hear one of the girls said "oh my god that guys a freak he must be on steroids".... and it took me everything i had to not go up to her and cuss her out.. So apprently if you can bench alot and have a nice body your some sort of god but if your big and strong as an ox your some sort of steroided up freak?? the frat boy whose benchin is probably the one on roids..

so feel free to throw back comments, am i over reacting or is she just some dumb bitch that doesnt know shit?

People are stupid. Just remind yourself, are you in the game for yourself or because you care about what others think? There will always be those ignorant folk, whether in the gym, at school, or in the workplace, that have an innate ability to not be able to recognize the hard work of others. The reason they can't is simple enough. To acknowledge the efforts of another would shine the light on how weak their own pathetic efforts are. Next time say "Thanks" and make them walk away scared when you start banging out 1000 lb leg presses.

ldskenpo
12-11-07, 11:37 am
whenever I get comments like that, i take it as a compliment, these people think I am where I am at because of chemicals instead of the hard work I have put in ( and I know you do).I am not in this for others I am in it for me. On a side note, I am trying to round up some more 100 lb plates for the next time you wanna do legs.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-11-07, 11:39 am
Who is up for a January 5 session here at Ft Hood/ killeen? everybody who came last time said they wanted to do it here again, so who is up for it? its on a saturday, and the consensus was this time we will do chest. Come on , lets hear from you.
Robert

TYEster
12-11-07, 9:44 pm
Who is up for a January 5 session here at Ft Hood/ killeen? everybody who came last time said they wanted to do it here again, so who is up for it? its on a saturday, and the consensus was this time we will do chest. Come on , lets hear from you.
Robert

As long as they let me in at the gate, I'm "IN". lol

SQUAT or DIE!
12-12-07, 4:58 am
whenever I get comments like that, i take it as a compliment, these people think I am where I am at because of chemicals instead of the hard work I have put in ( and I know you do).I am not in this for others I am in it for me. On a side note, I am trying to round up some more 100 lb plates for the next time you wanna do legs.
Robert

see the freak part i kinda do take as a compliment, cause well fuck its true someone my age shouldnt be doin that, it is kinda freakish, but i guess some animals are freaks dependin on who you ask.. but peopel automatically assume and thats fucked up, i think thats what gets me more than anything else now, people assume i take the east way, instead of hard work and dedication that we all put in.. and yeah if i was in this for others and not me id be interested in a nice physique and not raw power and a beer gut.. but thats just me...

yeah more 100s sound good cause im runnin out of room on my LP with all the 45s and id like to be doin like 1400 (and make that girl run away in terror).... i suppose thats a reasonable amount next time we do legs..

and now when i get up i have the pleasure of yet another leg day, unforunately they seem to run together cause i have no chest days to seperate the blurr of 1000lb presses, GOD I LOVE BEIN AN ANIMAL!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-12-07, 4:59 am
Robert

dude you dont even have to ask me, you know im in..

hjayss
12-12-07, 6:13 am

As long as you know the truth. They will say stupid crap to get a reaction and get noticed. You did the right thing.

ldskenpo
12-12-07, 12:58 pm
So far the roll call for 5 jan is:
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo

any more?
Robert

TXPWRLFTR
12-13-07, 8:40 pm
I am out here in west Texas, Midland/Odessa area. Count me in. Hell count my powerlifting team in, HalfEvil. I am sure we can all head that way. Hit me up at pwrlftr242lbs@hotmail.com or on the FORVM

Thanks
Greg

ldskenpo
12-13-07, 8:50 pm
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
TXPWRLFTR + HalfEvil
how many are in HalfEvil?

any more?
Robert

SQUAT or DIE!
12-13-07, 9:49 pm
so this is probably the best day ive had in a long ass time... i LP'd 28 plates, and for those of you not mathmatically inclined thats 1265+ 125 starting resistance.. for a grand total of 1385lbs....

and the best part is some guy asked if i knew how much that was and i laughed and said not enough..

bigdog
12-14-07, 2:31 am
dammit! i am going home to new orleans on dec 28th, and will get home on the 6th. i just moved here in august, so beingaway from family is hard as some of you definatly know. otherwise, i would come home a day earlier and make it to the session. unless something changes, i will miss out yet again!!!!!! dammit!

brutal
12-14-07, 3:24 pm
definitely in for round 2. it's in the middle of christmas break and i'll have a car. 110% there.

ldskenpo
12-15-07, 11:59 am
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
brutal
TXPWRLFTR + HalfEvil

any more?
Robert

stewy37
12-15-07, 12:02 pm
Another guy from College Station checking in. Wish I had checked in earlier to find out about the Dec 8 session. I might be able to make the next one, but wiht my schedule, i won't know until that week.

ldskenpo
12-15-07, 10:57 pm
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
brutal
stewy37
TXPWRLFTR + HalfEvil

any more?
Robert

ldskenpo
12-18-07, 10:58 am
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
brutal
stewy37
TXPWRLFTR + 5 ( names to follow)
So far thats about 15, any more?
Robert

ldskenpo
12-18-07, 11:03 am
so i got my buddy to join the forum, hes gonna try to start makin out workouts, he saw the pics and wanted in

what is his forvm name , so I can add him to the list
Robert

ionacht
12-18-07, 3:14 pm
lds, I think I am going to have to miss this one. Too much stuff going on right now. I'll anticipate being at the next one though.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-19-07, 1:18 am
lds, I think I am going to have to miss this one. Too much stuff going on right now. I'll anticipate being at the next one though.

you still gonna be wth your family and what not?? well anyway hope all yall have a good holiday and ill see yall on the 5th or maybe sometime in feb..

ldskenpo
12-19-07, 11:23 pm

wish you could be there, but we understand, just try to come before tax time- ha,ha
best of luck to you and your family, happy holidays.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-19-07, 11:54 pm
well so far there hasn't been any interest in putting together an ABC. Maybe flyers at local gyms will help spread the word.

DO NOT GIVE UP, talk to others in your gym. I am sure we can get something going for you down there.
Robert

believe in the dream
12-20-07, 12:08 am
i'm not sure where in south texas you are at, but come january i'm moving to the woodlands which is NW of houston and i'd love to get with some fellow animals as i will be new to the area and state. if this south texas group won't work, are there any ABC near houston?

ldskenpo
12-20-07, 6:51 am
i'm not sure where in south texas you are at, but come january i'm moving to the woodlands which is NW of houston and i'd love to get with some fellow animals as i will be new to the area and state. if this south texas group won't work, are there any ABC near houston?

the Central Texas chapter is pretty close, we got members from Katy ( near you),check us out.
Robert

Sugarbutt
12-24-07, 5:40 pm
What would South Texas encompass?? I'm in Laredo...

ldskenpo
12-25-07, 1:13 am
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
brutal
stewy37
sugarbutt
TXPWRLFTR + 5 ( names to follow)
So far thats about 16, any more?
I am going to need the final total by the 27th, so I can get the banner and stuff sent in time,thanks.
MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!!
Robert

nemesisproject
12-27-07, 5:17 pm
south texas would encompass anything below corpus I imagine. Laredo included. mcallen, brownsville, etc..

k1usa
12-27-07, 6:39 pm
I lived in Houston....20 years ago...was there for about 8 years....trained with Oliver Nicholson...he had a gym in Stafford...off of I 59...called Nicks Gym...he sold it and apparently has another one he just opened....Ron Love would train with us as well.....the good old days.....just a shout out to my brothers in Texas...lets get some blue bell ice cream and a few slabs of good bbq...yea buddy

Sugarbutt
12-27-07, 9:34 pm
south texas would encompass anything below corpus I imagine. Laredo included. mcallen, brownsville, etc..

Well count me in for whatever. =D

SQUAT or DIE!
12-28-07, 3:36 am
god damn i wish yall were doin somethin else than upperbody, im soo pissed that i cant, but several torn tendons say that i cant so i gotta wait, but in a few months ill be doin more than takin pics of yall

ldskenpo
12-28-07, 11:30 am
god damn i wish yall were doin somethin else than upperbody, im soo pissed that i cant, but several torn tendons say that i cant so i gotta wait, but in a few months ill be doin more than takin pics of yall

ya know, we dont ALL have to do the same bodypart...
Robert

Sugarbutt
12-30-07, 8:39 pm
Just so y'all know, I am reppin' the pink shorts with the Animal shirt. =D

ldskenpo
12-30-07, 10:07 pm
but i was gonna wear mine...
Robert

TXPWRLFTR
12-31-07, 1:48 pm
So far things are looking good, 3 of us so far.

Sugarbutt
12-31-07, 8:26 pm
but i was gonna wear mine...
Robert

Omg, how cute! We'll match!! =D

Chest, right?? What does the day's itinerary look like??

ldskenpo
12-31-07, 8:41 pm
Omg, how cute! We'll match!! =D

Chest, right?? What does the day's itinerary look like??

hopefully you are less hairy than I

yes, the consensus from last time is to do chest, but is not set in stone.
then we will go into town to Ryan's buffet for chow after.
Robert

ldskenpo
12-31-07, 8:56 pm
ldskenpo
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
SQUAT OR DIE!
momo
brutal
stewy37
sugarbutt
TXPWRLFTR

we will do this kind of like last time, as you come up to the main gate of ft hood, there is a visitor ctr on the right, I will be in the parking lot there wearing a yellow animalpak t-shirt. once we get everyone who is coming then we will go on post ( either caravan or car pool) i will wait from 1030 til about 1115. If you want to drive onto post you will need:
valid dl
proof of ins and reg
background check going back 5 years ( just kidding)
if you want to ride with me or another soldier you will need:
valid picture ID

PM me and I will give you my cell # just in case there are anything to pop up.
cant wait for this.
Robert

Sugarbutt
12-31-07, 9:00 pm
I will be in the parking lot there wearing a yellow animalpak t-shirt.
You're wearing pink shorts with a yellow shirt? You are such a guy.

ldskenpo
12-31-07, 9:03 pm
hey G,
did you get my PM asking for a banner for the 5th?
Robert

Millsy
01-01-08, 10:33 pm
Did everybody get decide what body part we are working on?

ldskenpo
01-02-08, 1:31 am
Did everybody get decide what body part we are working on?

You were standing right next to me when we all decided chest, have I been hitting you too hard?

SQUAT or DIE!
01-02-08, 2:31 am
obviously you havent been hitting him hard enough if you havent beaten it into him yet..

ldskenpo
01-02-08, 5:05 am
obviously you havent been hitting him hard enough if you havent beaten it into him yet..

good idea, millsy when you come to work thursday morning-I am going to start hitting harder.

hjayss
01-02-08, 6:01 am
Well looks like you guys got the first ABC Session of the year...Represent...I ...repeat...Represent...hit it hard as hell...You got the whole crew watching...as for the pink short crew...No good without fishnet stockings...I think the red animal shirt would go better than yellow...lol...

ldskenpo
01-02-08, 3:09 pm
I was just informed that due to the holidays, Universal is not going to be able to get the banner to us in time, this is still an " official" meeting- if you guys still want to do it this weekend- we can always reschedule it . what do y'all think?
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-02-08, 6:13 pm
as for the pink short crew...No good without fishnet stockings...
Not for me, maybe Robert! =D

By the way...I'm expecting to hit 150 on the bench this weekend...

TYEster
01-02-08, 9:46 pm
As responded to PM...

I am in training for an upcoming contest, but I totally forgot about the main aspect - dieting. I'm obviously going to have to pack my post-WO food(tuna n ricecakes) but hopefully I can manage the pre-training meal on the drive up there.(coming from South Austin)

Anyway, I'm going to need to do some cardio after lifting, so is there anyone else who'll want to do that with me? Lol... I mean, I don't need anyone to hold my hand, but it's just an FYI as to why I might take a little longer.

Is this cool or will I have to miss cardio?

Sugarbutt
01-03-08, 6:28 pm
As responded to PM...

I am in training for an upcoming contest, but I totally forgot about the main aspect - dieting. I'm obviously going to have to pack my post-WO food(tuna n ricecakes) but hopefully I can manage the pre-training meal on the drive up there.(coming from South Austin)

Anyway, I'm going to need to do some cardio after lifting, so is there anyone else who'll want to do that with me? Lol... I mean, I don't need anyone to hold my hand, but it's just an FYI as to why I might take a little longer.

Always doing cardio - I'll stick around.

ldskenpo
01-03-08, 8:32 pm
As responded to PM...

we got treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, steppers. I will do cardio with you.
Robert

stewy37
01-03-08, 11:48 pm
I can also stick around and do some cardio afterwards. I'm cutting right now anyway. Anyway, I guess we're still on for this weekend?

SQUAT or DIE!
01-04-08, 1:43 am
so were not changing the date?? for sure this weekend?

ldskenpo
01-04-08, 5:09 am
yes, this weekend is still happening.
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-04-08, 8:47 am
yes, this weekend is still happening.
Robert

Sweet! Which reminds me that I need to get directions...hah...

TYEster
01-04-08, 11:36 am
Alright just another confirmation that I will be there. 10:30 is meet up time I suppose?

I'll be heading out here at the buttcrack of 9am then. Good thing I can eat both my alloted breakfast and preworkout carbs together first thing! This should be good.

Do I NEED to wear an Animal shirt? I've only got one that fits properly right now and it needs washing, lol. Otherwise I'll be rockin a Bodybuilding.com tshirt since I have about 50 of those.(free gift on orders over $75)

ldskenpo
01-04-08, 12:00 pm
Alright just another confirmation that I will be there. 10:30 is meet up time I suppose?

I'll be heading out here at the buttcrack of 9am then. Good thing I can eat both my alloted breakfast and preworkout carbs together first thing! This should be good.

Do I NEED to wear an Animal shirt? I've only got one that fits properly right now and it needs washing, lol. Otherwise I'll be rockin a Bodybuilding.com tshirt since I have about 50 of those.(free gift on orders over $75)

yes, it should be animal, if you need one I got some
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-04-08, 6:11 pm
I'll be heading out here at the buttcrack of 9am then.

Please. I'll be heading out of here at the buttcrack of 0630!

ldskenpo
01-04-08, 10:09 pm
my 13 yr old son is coming with us- part to take pics and part to lift, he is on the powerlifting club at his school- dont worry i will be responsible for setting him up.
Robert

ldskenpo
01-05-08, 4:11 pm
I am trying to upload the pics right now, myself and others will post how it went ( I thought it went well)
but for now,these are the ones who showed up
ldskenpo
ldskenpo-jr
czech boy
millsy
black carolina
tyester
stewy37
another soldier ( didnt get his screen name)
sugarbutt
SQUAT OR DIE!

ldskenpo
01-05-08, 4:26 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=257812#post257812

Sugarbutt
01-05-08, 4:59 pm
I think I may fly next time! Still driving home...

ldskenpo
01-05-08, 6:25 pm
I think I may fly next time! Still driving home...

texting while driving the interstate? what a female

czech boy
01-05-08, 7:35 pm
pics look good, should of got a group photo though

Sugarbutt
01-05-08, 7:42 pm
texting while driving the interstate? what a female

Not just TEXTING. Surfing the internet. =D

Took me four hours to get home. 4:45 to get there...

Sugarbutt
01-05-08, 7:44 pm
Still upset that I didn't hit 150. 145 felt soooo easy!! =(

czech boy
01-05-08, 8:50 pm
i said try it again but somebody didnt wat to

Sugarbutt
01-05-08, 9:43 pm
i said try it again but somebody didnt wat to

you spotted at 155. i tried 150 but struggled...

ldskenpo
01-05-08, 10:46 pm
So, does anybody have any suggestions for next time?where to meet? what to do? different place to eat? Myself and the soldiers will not be back until around mid feb, but do not let that stop you from meeting, today was a lot of fun, hope it was for everybody
Robert

stewy37
01-05-08, 11:51 pm
I definitely had a good time. Looking forward to doing it again.

ldskenpo
01-06-08, 11:20 am
I need everybody's mailing address ( PM me) so that I can put us in for the t-shirts, stewy37 i got yours, SQUAT OR DIE- I cant find yours even though you gave it to me last time, Also, if you want the promo code for the discounted shirt in the shop let me know.

any suggestions on next time?
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-06-08, 12:08 pm
I need everybody's mailing address ( PM me) so that I can put us in for the t-shirts, stewy37 i got yours, SQUAT OR DIE- I cant find yours even though you gave it to me last time, Also, if you want the promo code for the discounted shirt in the shop let me know.

any suggestions on next time?
Robert

Y'all get a three-day for President's day in Feb, right?? Gonna be home by then (it's the 18th)?? If so, I say we head to Metroflex in DFW...I know a few people that work there and I'm sure Mr. Dobson would welcome us...

SQUAT or DIE!
01-06-08, 8:03 pm
haha i had a good time takin pictures of yall..

but i got good news i did some light curls today and no pain!!

and if any of yall non military wanna get together when theyre gone let me know and ill try to find somewhere for us to go...

TYEster
01-06-08, 9:29 pm
I'm down for whatever whenever.

Even if it's not my scheduled workout for the day.. I worked it so I could participate and have my chest day with ya'll. And I'm more than happy to support any getogether.

ionacht
01-07-08, 8:05 am
So we've had squats with leg day, you just got the bench with chest, why not round things out with DL's for a back day? I can always check with my gym here but I have a feeling I am probably on the list of most out of the way for folk here in Katy. I gunning for the next one if I can make it.

Millsy
01-07-08, 2:44 pm
A back and pull day sounds good. I know for me it really doesnt matter where we meet.

ldskenpo
01-07-08, 7:48 pm
hey, everybody- I forgot to ask you all your shirt sizes, sorry
Robert

ldskenpo
01-08-08, 10:01 pm
Sugarbutt- I need your last name for the t shirt request
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-08-08, 11:43 pm
Sugarbutt- I need your last name for the t shirt request
Robert
10-4, sir. PM sent.

ldskenpo
01-09-08, 7:58 pm
haha i had a good time takin pictures of yall..

but i got good news i did some light curls today and no pain!!

and if any of yall non military wanna get together when theyre gone let me know and ill try to find somewhere for us to go...

I PMed G Diesel letting him know that you might set one up for when we are gone, just give him about 2 weeks to get the banner to you.
Robert

ldskenpo
01-10-08, 10:48 am
Y'all get a three-day for President's day in Feb, right?? Gonna be home by then (it's the 18th)?? If so, I say we head to Metroflex in DFW...I know a few people that work there and I'm sure Mr. Dobson would welcome us...

Sugarbutt,
Go ahead and try to set it up if everybody agrees, this will be your turn. Count on at least 5 soldiers showing up. Once you have it set up, post the info on the calendar and give G Diesel about 2 weeks to get the banner and stuff to you. I am sorry I wont be here to help if you need it, PM G Diesel if you need any help.
See y'all in Feb.
Robert

Sugarbutt
01-20-08, 11:42 pm
Sugarbutt,
Go ahead and try to set it up if everybody agrees, this will be your turn. Count on at least 5 soldiers showing up. Once you have it set up, post the info on the calendar and give G Diesel about 2 weeks to get the banner and stuff to you. I am sorry I wont be here to help if you need it, PM G Diesel if you need any help.
See y'all in Feb.
Robert

Who's up for it?? Would Sunday be okay?? Or another weekend?? I just agreed to do a 5K race with the BP on the 16th (Saturday)...crap.

Dingo
01-21-08, 12:21 am
something is gettin planned for dfw area and ill be in San Antonio.

also, Texas is huge.... 7 regions, so wouldn't it make sense to have atleast 4/5 abc's if people would join. Dallas/Fort Worth metromess would take care of north and east Texas, San Antonio for central Texas and south Texas, El Paso for west Texas, Lubbock for the Plains and Houston for the Gulf Coast.
Texas = 268,601 square miles
New Jersey = 8,722 square miles
New York = 54,475 square miles
etc...

if I'm posting this in the wrong area, please let me know.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-21-08, 3:15 am
yeah if we could get enough people to join wed probably do that but right now we dont have enough... apprently they are trying to start a south tx/ Houston area chapter.. and theres a few guys out west who i think want to join the central tx, but there wouldnt be barely any people in each ABC if we had more than 2 right now.. and most of us are willing to travel quite a ways to do it anyway

Sugarbutt
01-21-08, 12:01 pm

also, Texas is huge.... 7 regions, so wouldn't it make sense to have atleast 4/5 abc's if people would join. Dallas/Fort Worth metromess would take care of north and east Texas, San Antonio for central Texas and south Texas, El Paso for west Texas, Lubbock for the Plains and Houston for the Gulf Coast.
etc...

Haha...I'll be in Laredo. I'll pick your butt up in my new car...heh...=D

Freakshow
01-21-08, 12:05 pm
DFW area, huh? Thats my neigborhood.

Whenever we get a date finalized, I will see if I have anything going on that weekend.

Sugarbutt
01-21-08, 12:12 pm
I'm just trying to get dates that are good for people. I'm up in D-F-Dub a couple times a month (right now!), so it's no biggie for me. I know a couple of our guys are doing an FTX right now and not sure when they're gonna get back...

Freakshow
01-24-08, 6:30 pm
Whats the latest TX Animals?...

Sugarbutt
01-26-08, 11:08 am
Whats the latest TX Animals?...

Was wondering the same thing...thinkin' about headed to DFW next weekend if anyone wants to do an impromptu session...

SQUAT or DIE!
01-26-08, 8:02 pm
unfortunately im busy for the next few weekends..

depratercm
02-02-08, 10:06 am
I'm here at Fort Hood, just got back from Iraq! Usally hang out at Harvey GYM.

1st CAV, 2nd BDE

Dingo
02-02-08, 12:56 pm
saturdays are normally good for me, however to plan a trip somewhere would have to be more than impromptu for me. unless its locally in dallas. im always up for an extra leg day or chest n back day.

Sugarbutt
02-02-08, 2:57 pm
We need a time frame...what weekend is good for everyone??

ldskenpo
02-02-08, 10:41 pm
myself and the others from my unit are almost home, we are back in the dust bowl for those of you who know what that is,
did everybody from the last meeting get their t shirts?
is there still something planned this month?
Robert

ldskenpo
02-02-08, 10:44 pm

etc...

I have posed this question already, right now there has not been much response other than to this one, my thoughts are- texas needs a state coordinator, with 4 or 5 chapters ( hence I named this one central texas) I know there are animals all around Texas and I have a few thoughts on who to nominate for the requisite jobs, but again I need the responses to justify it.
Robert

ldskenpo
02-02-08, 10:47 pm
I'm here at Fort Hood, just got back from Iraq! Usally hang out at Harvey GYM.

1st CAV, 2nd BDE

hey, we are in 3 bde 1 id, was at harvey til we moved down by 19th st, now we use burba, at ntc right now ( back in dust bowl) hopefully wil be back this week.we already have had two ABC meetings on Hood. welcome back.
Robert

Sugarbutt
02-02-08, 10:52 pm
myself and the others from my unit are almost home, we are back in the dust bowl for those of you who know what that is,
did everybody from the last meeting get their t shirts?
is there still something planned this month?
Robert

Aww...no shirt =(

No idea about anything being planned. No one has given a concrete answer on their availability...Just let me know so I can get a hold of my contacts at Metroflex...I'm sure my old trainer would love to join in...

ldskenpo
02-02-08, 10:55 pm
Aww...no shirt =(

No idea about anything being planned. No one has given a concrete answer on their availability...Just let me know so I can get a hold of my contacts at Metroflex...I'm sure my old trainer would love to join in...

I dont know if i have gotten mine yet, no mail here for me or my guys. ok, then you got 4 replies for whenever everybody is fine with going to dfw, kind of want to go see how "civvies" workout.
Robert

Sugarbutt
02-03-08, 10:55 am
I dont know if i have gotten mine yet, no mail here for me or my guys. ok, then you got 4 replies for whenever everybody is fine with going to dfw, kind of want to go see how "civvies" workout.
Robert

Haha...we're doing back this next time, right!?

ldskenpo
02-03-08, 10:57 pm
i thought you were setting this one up, yes back
Robert

Sugarbutt
02-04-08, 6:13 pm
Robert

No one besides you have given me any kinda time frame...!! I'm thinking maybe either the 16th or the 23rd...

stewy37
02-04-08, 7:32 pm
No shirt here yet.

For the next meeting, the 23rd would work better for me than the 16th. A lot of stuff going on prior to that, and even though my match-up fell through, the possibility of being a last-minute replacement is still there. One week out, I don't want to do much besides skill work and some short conditioning sessions.

Dingo
02-05-08, 9:44 pm
Robert

im in if its dfw, ive got some outa town plans for feb 16th weekend with the wife, san antone for the rodeo and gary allan, but other than that my weekends are pretty free, especially with enough planning in advance. i've always wanted to go to metro-flex. i'd make sure to be available. especially for a back day!

TYEster
02-07-08, 8:08 pm
Another one missin the shirt...

I'm still down for any weekend date. My contest is April 26th in case anyone is interested. So NOT that date :P

Sugarbutt
02-08-08, 9:09 am
10-4.

I'll get ahold of my contact at Metroflex and see what I can do...I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem...hard core gym...hard core sup company...shouldn't be an issue...

23rd.

Hey Tye, where's your show?? Are you doing the Coleman?!

TXPWRLFTR
02-08-08, 10:05 am
Keep me posted. Track season is beginning for me and most of my meets are during the week and on Fridays. The weekends April 12 and April 25 are no good for me as we are in District and State.
As far as a chapter I am game for the west Texas area (Permian Basin). We have our own hardcore gym in Odessa. We have a few bodybuilders, powerlifters, general lifters, MMA fighters upstairs as well as boxers.
Loud music and lots of chalk!

Sugarbutt
02-10-08, 1:12 pm
$10 a person at Metroflex...just FYI...other than that, Mr. Dobson doesn't have a problem with it...

Dingo
02-10-08, 11:32 pm
$10 a person at Metroflex...just FYI...other than that, Mr. Dobson doesn't have a problem with it...

10$ thats all, sweet. so who alls goin and when?

Sugarbutt
02-11-08, 10:15 am
10$ thats all, sweet. so who alls goin and when?

Dunno who all is going...but it's the 23rd...

TXPWRLFTR
02-11-08, 12:45 pm
Feb 23? I can't make it. I am judging a high school powerlifting meet.
Keep me posted on other dates coming up.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-11-08, 12:54 pm
ill be in college station, so i cant make it. i thought i was gonna get to see tyster fight but since i dont believe hes got a fight right now ima be with my sister.

ionacht
02-11-08, 1:00 pm
i might be able to make it if I can catch a ride with someone. I can make it up to college station or equal distance. I don't trust my car to make it to DFW up and back from Houston.

Sugarbutt
02-11-08, 1:14 pm
Should we re-schedule it?

SQUAT or DIE!
02-11-08, 1:17 pm
well im havin surgery again on march 11.. so if yall can make it before then i can probably go

Sugarbutt
02-11-08, 1:25 pm
Y'all should come down to Laredo on the 1st, then...there's a hockey game (Yeah, LAREDO has a freakin' hockey team!) that's honoring servicemen...

Millsy
02-11-08, 7:05 pm
Any day and any time is fine for me. The only thing is I'll be in Ohio from Feb. 29 - March 3. Have to go check out the Classic this year and check out the cage. But we agreed from last time it was going to be a pull day... Right?

Sugarbutt
02-12-08, 10:27 am
Any day and any time is fine for me. The only thing is I'll be in Ohio from Feb. 29 - March 3. Have to go check out the Classic this year and check out the cage. But we agreed from last time it was going to be a pull day... Right?

Ohio sucks. =P

But yeah - pull day.

Jessff00
02-12-08, 5:00 pm
Hey brothers I have just recently joined the forum and stumbled upon this thread!!!! Man I wish I would have joined earlier last year, Hell I worked for Killeen Fire Dept. for 4yrs and had no idea there were animals on Ft. Hood. ! HA HA !! I now work for Waco fire and would love to join you brothers in banging some iron and taking some pics!!!! Let me know on a date. Later bros Jessie

Dingo
02-12-08, 6:24 pm
is good for me @ metroflex. after having one of the owners of the company i work for coming in on thursday the 21st, an extra back day saturday would be great.

TYEster
02-13-08, 7:11 pm
10-4.
Hey Tye, where's your show?? Are you doing the Coleman?!

Here ya go...

http://texasshredderclassic.com/contest_info.htm

In Austin @ the School for the Deaf/Blind.(should make for some good judging, OOOOO LOL) Come one, come all! It's a huge plus to have crowd support! And negative, I'm passing on the Coleman at this point because the Shredder is a tested event, so I won't have anything in my system then.

And I'm down for anywhere, anytime as long as I don't have to get up at 5am. :P lol

stewy37
02-14-08, 8:58 am
If anyone wants to meet in College Station and ride up to Dallas together, I'm down with that. Share the cost of gas a bit and have someone to talk to on the way.

stewy37
02-14-08, 9:00 am
ill be in college station, so i cant make it. i thought i was gonna get to see tyster fight but since i dont believe hes got a fight right now ima be with my sister.

Actually, Tyster has the bodybuiling contest in April. I was going to be fighting here in College Station on the 22nd, but the match fell through. Unless, someone pulls out at the last minute and a replacement is needed, I'll be behind the scenes helping to corner our guys that are fighting.

ionacht
02-15-08, 12:52 pm
If anyone wants to meet in College Station and ride up to Dallas together, I'm down with that. Share the cost of gas a bit and have someone to talk to on the way.

Where in College Station are you? If I can make it I would car pool with you. I am afraid to take my beat up '86 VW up to Dallas.

stewy37
02-18-08, 4:28 pm
Where in College Station are you? If I can make it I would car pool with you. I am afraid to take my beat up '86 VW up to Dallas.

I hate to do this at the last minute, but a few things came up, and I won't be able to make it now.

purefitness
02-19-08, 9:52 am
I'm in Austin, and I would love to be a part of the next ABC event. I need to get a shirt, but I've been wanting to order one anyways.

Dingo
02-19-08, 6:26 pm
so is the 23rd at metroflex a go or not?
im in, but i think im the only one.....

ldskenpo
02-19-08, 11:48 pm
As some of you might know, myself and a couple of others are in the same unit and we are getting close to going overseas. So close, in fact that our schedules just got locked down.

I was wanting to wait until I told G Diesel this first, but time is running out. When the ABC's were first started , I jumped at the chance to start one here in Texas, and as I expected the meetings that we had were great and motivational. When I was allowed to do this, it was with the knowledge that soon I would have to step down and let someone else run the Chapter while we are away.

So, here is your chance, step up and contact G Diesel and keep this thing going, if it were not for the deployment I would not be giving up this opportunity.
Thanks for coming out to the meetings I was able to participate in, and I am looking forward to them again when we return.
Robert

ionacht
02-20-08, 1:06 pm
As some of you might know, myself and a couple of others are in the same unit and we are getting close to going overseas. So close, in fact that our schedules just got locked down.

I was wanting to wait until I told G Diesel this first, but time is running out. When the ABC's were first started , I jumped at the chance to start one here in Texas, and as I expected the meetings that we had were great and motivational. When I was allowed to do this, it was with the knowledge that soon I would have to step down and let someone else run the Chapter while we are away.

So, here is your chance, step up and contact G Diesel and keep this thing going, if it were not for the deployment I would not be giving up this opportunity.
Thanks for coming out to the meetings I was able to participate in, and I am looking forward to them again when we return.
Robert

And we are all thankful for the effort you have put into it. I had a blast at the first ABC meeting. You guys keep training smart and we will be here when you get back. Stay safe.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-20-08, 1:13 pm
hmm that does sound very interesting.. ABC coordinator, well i am moving to the corpus area in august, but i think ill still be able to drive to the meets.. ill talk to G..

Sugarbutt
02-22-08, 12:06 pm
If I weren't headed out to NM (hopefully!) soon, I'd help out...granted, the Academy is a short 6 hr drive from Dallas...not much longer than Laredo to Dallas...

Sugarbutt
02-22-08, 12:07 pm

Robert

As for you, sir, you and the boys stay safe over there...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-01-08, 7:31 pm
i know this is short notice but im competing in the UTSA strongman/woman comp on march 8.. if anyone can come down id appreciate the support.

aggierugger
03-04-08, 9:55 pm
i know this is short notice but im competing in the UTSA strongman/woman comp on march 8.. if anyone can come down id appreciate the support.

I'd come cheer you on bro but I still don't have my truck and thats the beginning of our spring break

SQUAT or DIE!
03-05-08, 12:26 am
I'd come cheer you on bro but I still don't have my truck and thats the beginning of our spring break

yeah i know, if you see lil sister tell her shed better get the day off and come hang out with me..

ANYWAY my fellow animals agierugger and i played football together for a few years and hes a good strong kid and hell be a great addition to our ABC...

anythoughts on the next meeting??

Stovall
03-05-08, 3:57 pm
Well it's March 5 and I wished I would have seen your post before now, I would have been there. I'm about 6 hrs north east of you so it's a possibility that I might make an ABC meet next time. All depends on my money situation. But I'd love to be there. Anyways, good luck bro on the meet.

windmill85
03-05-08, 5:34 pm
Hey all. I am new to this forum - very familiar with animalpak supps but never the forum. I grew up in San Antonio, currently in the Army in New York, but I will be back at Ft Sam Houston from June 15 - July 28. Let me know if there are any more meet ups at Ft Hood or whatnot. Looking forward to a good workout! Oh, as a sidenote, where can I get one of those Brotherhood T-shirts that were mentioned on the first page of the thread? I looked at the store but couldn't find any. Thanks.

lift heavy,
-jw

SQUAT or DIE!
03-05-08, 5:46 pm
Well it's March 5 and I wished I would have seen your post before now, I would have been there. I'm about 6 hrs north east of you so it's a possibility that I might make an ABC meet next time. All depends on my money situation. But I'd love to be there. Anyways, good luck bro on the meet.

yeah it was short notice for me too.. its cool i got the mom comin down from houston so ill survive.. FREE FOOOD!!

Stovall
03-05-08, 6:59 pm
Free Food?!? Nevermind my plans have changed. I'm heading there now!

SQUAT or DIE!
03-05-08, 7:08 pm
yeah moms either gonna take me and the gang out or make us some delicious carb filled protein rich food.. YYEESS!!! haha not that i havent been eating liek that all week but its mommys cookin.. (yeah i say mommy at my age)

SQUAT or DIE!
03-05-08, 7:10 pm
Hey all. I am new to this forum - very familiar with animalpak supps but never the forum. I grew up in San Antonio, currently in the Army in New York, but I will be back at Ft Sam Houston from June 15 - July 28. Let me know if there are any more meet ups at Ft Hood or whatnot. Looking forward to a good workout! Oh, as a sidenote, where can I get one of those Brotherhood T-shirts that were mentioned on the first page of the thread? I looked at the store but couldn't find any. Thanks.

lift heavy,
-jw

welcome to the forum bro

Stovall
03-05-08, 9:03 pm
[QUOTE=SQUAT or DIE!;312554]yeah moms either gonna take me and the gang out or make us some delicious carb filled protein rich food.. YYEESS!!! QUOTE]

Chicken Burgers? Hahaha. Protien, Carbs, everything you need. Man good luck. Hope the surgery goes good. Heal fast bro.

aggierugger
03-06-08, 7:10 pm
yeah moms either gonna take me and the gang out or make us some delicious carb filled protein rich food.. YYEESS!!! haha not that i havent been eating liek that all week but its mommys cookin.. (yeah i say mommy at my age)

haha you are just a big over grown mama's boy aint ya? jk bro but seriously next meet, I'll be there for sure. Let's get that set

SQUAT or DIE!
03-08-08, 12:51 pm
ok my event today was an obtacel course, so it was all continous and i think i almost had a stroke..

consisted of a rope pull with 115, to a ladder drill, to a tractor tire flip (2 reps) 3 hurdles, a farmers walk with like 185, then a aprox 30m zig zag run to a sled drag, where you had to walk backward with it (less than 135), then small bunny hop hurdles, then a smaller tire flip (2 reps) the a empty keg walk, 3 kegs, then a 15-20m jog then a 40m spring... i got in the 3 min range, rather disapointing but i now know i need to work on muy conditioning a bunch, but the lifts themselves i did rather good on.

wore the ANIMAL T, i hope i did the brotherhood proud today, i gave it all i had and it took all i gave and more..

Stovall
03-08-08, 8:13 pm
Good job bro.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-08-08, 11:45 pm
Good job bro.

thanks man.

TXPWRLFTR
03-16-08, 4:44 pm
Nice work bro!
Anyone know of the next ABC gathering in Texas?

Sugarbutt
03-23-08, 2:58 pm
How many people are in South/West Texas??

SQUAT or DIE!
03-23-08, 11:24 pm
How many people are in South/West Texas??

MEE!!

SQUAT or DIE!
03-24-08, 12:28 am
hey TXPWR how far from SA do you live? if its not to far id think about comin up and trainin with you this summer

speedster00
03-24-08, 11:04 am
I'm trying to put a meet togther in the next few weeks. there's 8 us so far. Anyone is welcome to join us.

juan77306
03-27-08, 5:10 pm
Whats Up Bro.. Conroe Tx. Here... Im In For Any Abc Meetings..shoot Me A Pm On Any Info..

SQUAT or DIE!
03-27-08, 6:18 pm
seems our central texas group is being stolen away by houstonians.... hmm well im from that area so when im back in town i guess ill have to come train with yall...

ionacht
03-28-08, 1:56 pm
seems our central texas group is being stolen away by houstonians.... hmm well im from that area so when im back in town i guess ill have to come train with yall...

Not intentionally. Tx is just so big. A 4 hour drive to DFW plus 2-3 hours for lifting/eating whatever and you have 10-11 hours in the day gone. One thing we should do though is try and plan an all Texas gathering. If we have enough people say in Houston or DFW maybe we could work arangements to put up those from way off for the night. Maybe have a BBQ afterwards. That would have to be something planned several months in advance though.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-28-08, 3:09 pm
Not intentionally. Tx is just so big. A 4 hour drive to DFW plus 2-3 hours for lifting/eating whatever and you have 10-11 hours in the day gone. One thing we should do though is try and plan an all Texas gathering. If we have enough people say in Houston or DFW maybe we could work arangements to put up those from way off for the night. Maybe have a BBQ afterwards. That would have to be something planned several months in advance though.

that i can def live with... Oh well, i guess SA or kingsville isnt really that far of a drive from houston anyway....

speedster00
03-29-08, 10:17 am
an all TX meet would be good. For now, any of yall are welcome to join our houston event in the next couple of weeks. just let me know!!!!!

Silverback24
04-07-08, 11:15 pm
Im in. Let me know when yall are talking bout getting together.

MELTDOWN
04-07-08, 11:22 pm
where is angleton from you guys? gotta fly in 20-23 to flog some aprilia motorcycles around at the msr houston track for some press release stuff. afternoons free after 7pm