View Full Version : Colorado Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

born0withno0soul
10-31-07, 11:30 am
Im probably wasting my time, but i wont know unless i try

GatorMP_69
11-17-07, 3:21 pm
Hey Bro,

I got less than 40 days in this shit hole country. Be back in teh Springs before teh New Year. MAN, am I ever ready. Lookin at that 24 Hour Fitness in the Springs. One of my Soldiers is a member there and has really good things to say about it. Can't wait to get back. Gonna be some good times. I just gotta get my wife off her butt and actually go check teh place out for me. Hope to hear from ya soon...

Gator

born0withno0soul
11-17-07, 9:48 pm
i really like my 24 hour fitness as well. no one bothers me and i know the trainers there. they have all the damn free weights and machines you will ever need. it removes any of my excused for not growing. i also have a membership to attend any 24hour in the country

MassMonster
11-30-07, 6:47 pm
if u need help finding ppl use the faqs and look for the whos who on the forum and search um by state... they wont come to u... hahaa

Cyrus The Virus
12-05-07, 12:38 pm
Man, can't belivI didn't se this eariler. I live in Arvada if your still intrested in getting something started let me know.

born0withno0soul
12-06-07, 1:43 pm
right on dude. sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. we will throw something together. waiting on a guy to get back from iraq hopefully this winter as well

Cyrus The Virus
12-06-07, 11:42 pm
Cool, let me know.

theprez
12-08-07, 12:44 pm
i'm interested if anybody gets one of these started....also mahanys in aurora is a pretty kick ass place to go. lots of equipment and no one in your way.

Cyrus The Virus
12-08-07, 11:21 pm
i'm interested if anybody gets one of these started....also mahanys in aurora is a pretty kick ass place to go. lots of equipment and no one in your way.

I've never been there but heared it's pretty cool.

born0withno0soul
12-09-07, 7:38 pm
well we should all spread the word and get something going. i have not talked to my gym so i dont know if they would let us do anyhting. its a 24 hour fitness. i have been a member for a year and a half now. they have dumbells up to 150lbs and all the damn barbells and plates you could wish for. spread the word and if we can set a convenient time lets do it wherever. i dont give a shit where. i can do this shit any weekend

Young&Hungry
12-09-07, 7:44 pm
If you guys are looking for a good, hardcore gym instead of a 24 Hour Fitness type place then hit this up:

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

born0withno0soul
12-09-07, 7:48 pm
thanks alot dude, that was really helpful

Cyrus The Virus
12-10-07, 11:09 pm
I really don't care where either. The only bad thing for me though is there are only a couple of days that I could do it due to the time of year at my job. Just let me know and I will try and work something out if I can.

born0withno0soul
12-13-07, 2:58 pm
well the amount of people here on the board is slim but im sending a message to everyone telling them we need to get something started for this area.

RipTheMonster
12-13-07, 5:28 pm
I go to a 24 hr in the springs but the dumbbells only go up to 115, not using those quite yet though

Cyrus The Virus
12-13-07, 11:54 pm
well the amount of people here on the board is slim but im sending a message to everyone telling them we need to get something started for this area.

Ya, it doesn't seem like there are too many people from here which stinks, but if there is only a couple that would still be cool.

born0withno0soul
12-14-07, 3:31 am
Ya, it doesn't seem like there are too many people from here which stinks, but if there is only a couple that would still be cool.

well i can do any time of the weekend so sunday morning would be great. another guy pm'ed so i will see what he can do on a sunday

born0withno0soul
12-14-07, 3:06 pm
it seems so far that the people i have talked to agree that sunday morning is the most convenient

RipTheMonster
12-14-07, 6:51 pm
are you all in the Denver area?

born0withno0soul
12-15-07, 5:42 am
are you all in the Denver area?

alot of these guys are scattered throughout colorado. but it seems most of these people are not very serious about training together. i will be patient

born0withno0soul
12-16-07, 6:35 pm
okay guys, tomorrow i will know if we can have a gathering at my gym on the second sunday of january. i am located in aurora just outside of denver. its a good gym, with dumbells to 150 and powerracks. they have anything you could want. if they say no i will tell them to kiss my ass im going to another gym

Cyrus The Virus
12-17-07, 11:30 pm
If they say no let me know and I will talk to my gym and see if I can work something out.

Apollos
12-25-07, 3:38 pm
What up fellas sorry I've been in Ft Sam Houston TX. I'm on christmas leave till the 2nd, otherwise I'd be down ta hit it hard with y'all. Sorry about that, I'm holdin it down in the military crap hole gym we got, spreading the Animal mind/lifestyle. Keep in touch, maybe we can lift sometime. Peace my brothers

born0withno0soul
12-31-07, 3:03 pm
hey guys i greatly apologize for disappearing as i have lately. i came down with pneumonia and spent a little time in the hospital. i am getting much better now and will be ready to try to organize something again if you guys are interested.

Cyrus The Virus
01-01-08, 12:31 pm
Hope you are feeling better. I am still intrested in doing somethin.

Strokin385
01-21-08, 12:23 pm
Hey guys, newcomer to the boards here...has there been a get together yet this year? I would like to see it happen for the Colorado crew so I can be a part of it! I have a 24 Hour pass so hopefully we can get it going somewhere in the Denver area.

Strokin385
01-22-08, 6:22 pm
Hey Denver Animals! Let's get this thing going; I have PMed several people and will continue to search and PM until there's a legit crew going on here. It would be nice to start establishing some community in the Denver area...it seems to be a lacking trait here.

I'm a 24 Hour Fitness member and frequently go to the Colorado + Alameda , Parker + Quincy, and Broomfield locations. I have been to the Better Bodies locations as well but prefer the equipment at 24. Let's find a place to meet soon and get our lift on!

Jesse

Strokin385
01-23-08, 11:01 am
I'm going to keep posting till I get some responses on this. So far there are a couple of guys interested. Post up fellas so we can start getting some support. I say we should try to get something scheduled for the end of next month at the 24 downtown (Colorado and Alameda). I haven't spoken with them yet, but I will post when I do. Last Saturday of the month?

Boonetang789
01-23-08, 12:12 pm
I live basically at DU and work out at the Coors Fitness Center there. I am interested in meeting up and creating a community in the Colorado area. Please let me know when you are meeting and where and i will be there. I can also try and see about DU allowing me to host the meetings. I dont know how official they will let me do it or if i could even get discounts for the day but today i will ask about it and find out process i have to do and what the "rules" are about things like this.

I am excited to create a hardcore crew as most of you can assume the DU community in the gym is filled with a lot of princesses and cell phone chatters. I just close my eyes and superset. Interested in meeting other lifters and learning some other techniques.

RipTheMonster
01-23-08, 5:39 pm
Im in the springs.... but im only 16 and i don't get my drivers license for another few months... hehe so i don't think i could come up to denver sorry bros

Strokin385
01-24-08, 10:36 am
Alright fellas, I think we have a small crew getting lined up! Rip, keep posting up and joining in on the threads so we can start building some community here, when you are able to come to the events it will be great! Cyrus has PMed me and is interested as well as Bornwithn0soul. Boone, I got squat from the 24 location on Parker and Quincy and I assume it will be the same from the downtown locaiton. DU may be the best place to have it...not so corporate. Look into the last Saturday of Feb and I will let you know what 24 downtown says.

Let's keep this thing going!

Cyrus The Virus
01-24-08, 11:55 pm
I PMed Strokin385 but lets see if we can get this done. I have noticed some other chapters have already gotten togather.

Strokin385
01-25-08, 11:42 am
I have spoken with managers at 2 different 24 Hour Fitness locations and they all would like to be able to oblige but no can do. It looks like we will be pressing for DU! Boone, let me know if I can help in getting anything done with DU. As soon as we find a meeting spot for certain we can cement the date and get an Animal banner to hang up, sign, and send back! Everyone needs to get an Animal shirt to wear for the event too. I have read that we may get a discount on the black shirt. Let's do Animal proud and build our club while we build our bodies fellas!

I am looking forward to lifting with you guys and getting some intensity going at the DU gym!

stumblin54
01-25-08, 11:49 am
The DU gym is a great place. I have a buddy who's trained MMA there for years now and been in there with him a few times. Definitely a strong environment to train in.

Stumblin

Cyrus The Virus
01-30-08, 1:01 pm
Good news.

Strokin385
02-04-08, 1:55 pm
Haven't heard from Boonetang yet about DU, how is it coming over there? I have another guy who hasn't joined the forum yet who is interested in getting in on this!

Geek
02-17-08, 10:29 am
i may have missed it, but is there an ABC in colorado? are there any members from either of these areas (specifically the springs)? i am probably going to be moving out there in about 4 months and could use some info about gyms and the area in general.

if you are out there, can you do me a favor, and send me a pm? im looking for gyms, places to be, etc. also, if you are into powerlifting comps out there, let me know whats up.

thanks

the geek

ARMYofONE
03-07-08, 12:45 am
ARMY here, train heavy and go home. I am now currently located in Colorado Springs. Hit me up!!

naturalguy
03-07-08, 8:30 am
If I may make a suggestion, we need one person to step up and be the coordinator and then pick a gym and a date. Then from there we can spread the word and people can join in.

pain4life
03-08-08, 12:02 am
I am definitely interested in getting a group of guys together to start an ABC club in Colorado. I currently live in North Denver and work out at my home gym and at a nearby Rec Center. I will soon be joining 24 Hour Fitness but am saving up for those stupid initiation fees.

I work a busy schedule, but I am always available Saturday and Sunday mornings for meetings. Let me know when you guys want to meet and lets get this thing started already.

Talk to you soon!

pain4life
03-10-08, 1:41 am
It looks like you guys haven't had much luck with finding a gym. I am currently looking to find a nice CO gym that we can all meet at to start this legacy. I was looking at some of the posts and pictures from other ABC's and I think it would be awesome to all meet up at a small local gym. I was just going to join 24 Hour Fitness, but then I decided I don't want to train just anywhere, I want to train somewhere we can call "home" and somewhere that would represent us!!

I am new to the site, but haven't seen many posts in the last month or so. Are you guys still interested in doing this? I know I am! Get back with me and let me know. Universal Animal needs an ABC Colorado and I know we want one too! I will let you all know what I find.

born0withno0soul
03-10-08, 3:24 am
i tried for a while to get this thing rolling bud then i got sick with the flu. but it seems nothing is going to happen in colorado

pain4life
03-10-08, 1:38 pm
While don't you have some friends that like lifting? I have a few that may be interested in starting this thing. I did some research the last few days and found a nice gym in Aurora (I-225 and Mississippi Ave). The gym is a small, local place, that has a powerlifting section, weight training section, and a small cardio area. I have only seen the pics online but I was going to go down there later this week. Check it out and let me know what you think? Its called the Rocky Mountain Lifting Club, http://www.rmlccolorado.com/index.html. There has to be some more ANIMALS in Denver!!

born0withno0soul
03-12-08, 9:02 pm
ive checked it out before but my 24 hour fitness has more weights and i only live 2 miles from it. as far as lifting friends i lift alone. i dont know anyone who would be interested in a group session because most of us lift alone. we just know we can ask each other for a spot and thats it.

pain4life
03-13-08, 2:13 am
I understand that a lot of guys prefer to workout alone. I currently workout alone at my home gym because I have invested a lot of money into nice gym equipment. I don't mind working out alone, but I think it would be both fun and beneficial to everyone even if we only got a group of us Animals together for 1-2 workout sessions a week.

I will continue to communicate with you and others on this thread about getting the Colorado ABC up and running. I will not give up, there will be a Colorado ABC in the near future!!

born0withno0soul
03-13-08, 3:47 pm
i would bet my gym would allow everyone to come in for 5 dollars a head but they probably wouldnt let us hang an animal banner because they have a contract with apex supps i believe

Cyrus The Virus
03-13-08, 10:26 pm
i would bet my gym would allow everyone to come in for 5 dollars a head but they probably wouldnt let us hang an animal banner because they have a contract with apex supps i believe

That would be cool to get everyone in for 5 bucks. Maybe we could take a quick picture of the banner before anyone found out.

pain4life
03-14-08, 1:15 am
While it looks like we may have three guys to start. One of you belongs to better bodies and the other belongs to 24 hour fitness. Which locations do you guys workout at? Further, do you guys have contracts? Is there some place we could all join in the middle? Let me know!

born0withno0soul
03-14-08, 3:00 am
i will talk witht he manager and see what he says if you guys want to workout. i can also go anywhere but i wont do it more than twice a month.

pain4life
03-15-08, 2:41 am
I spoke with the owner of the Rocky Mountain Lifting Club this week and they stated that individuals can join for $40/month or $350/year (approx. $29/month). They also stated that there are no initiation fees or contracts. I am waiting to talk with them about the ABC this weekend when I can meet them in person and take a tour of the gym. After speaking with them briefly, they seemed very friendly and open to suggestions.

I also don't want you to think I have a problem with joining 24 hour fitness since I was a member for several years, I just thought it would be nice to support a local Colorado gym if we can. I feel a small local gym would give us more support then a large franchise gym!

Where is the 24 hour fitness you workout at and where in Denver do you live?

pain4life
03-15-08, 2:53 am
Saturday and Sunday mornings work best for me. What days work for you?

born0withno0soul
03-15-08, 4:19 am
im actually in aurora and i use the gym on quincy and parker. i have thought of using the rocky mountain club because i would like the atmosphere better but the fact that their dumbells only go to 70 lbs is whats stopping me. i use dumbells a lot and i dont want to sacrifice them

pain4life
03-16-08, 2:07 am
You're definitely going to be too far away from me I'm afraid. The Rocky Mountain Lifting Club was already going to be a drive for me (40 min). I plan to check out the RMLC this weekend. I will let you know if anything has changed. Keep in touch!

born0withno0soul
03-16-08, 2:11 am
40 min would be way to far for me to drive as well but my 24 hour isnt far from the barbell club. goodluck with that.

pain4life
03-16-08, 2:55 am
I live just south of Broomfield.

GrayBull
03-17-08, 2:23 am
I wouldn't bother going to RMLC. I was a member there when I first moved to Aurora and it's not exactly what you'd think. No heavy dumbbells, couple of the machines aren't any good, and it's so tiny it feels as though your being stared at. Plus there's a baby rolling around in it's cart thing with elevator music usually playing. It's a good place for powerlifters and the like, as that's what most of their equipment is catered to. 24, which is where I lift, is right down the road, and there's also another local gym about 8 minutes away from RMLC- Mahany's (sp?).
Anyway fellas, it doesn't seem as though many of you are too enthused about getting ABC going here in Colorado, but if you are interested start speaking up so we can get something going.
Later.

I spoke with the owner of the Rocky Mountain Lifting Club this week and they stated that individuals can join for $40/month or $350/year (approx. $29/month). They also stated that there are no initiation fees or contracts. I am waiting to talk with them about the ABC this weekend when I can meet them in person and take a tour of the gym. After speaking with them briefly, they seemed very friendly and open to suggestions.

I also don't want you to think I have a problem with joining 24 hour fitness since I was a member for several years, I just thought it would be nice to support a local Colorado gym if we can. I feel a small local gym would give us more support then a large franchise gym!

Where is the 24 hour fitness you workout at and where in Denver do you live?

You're definitely going to be too far away from me I'm afraid. The Rocky Mountain Lifting Club was already going to be a drive for me (40 min). I plan to check out the RMLC this weekend. I will let you know if anything has changed. Keep in touch!

pain4life
03-17-08, 3:09 am
Thanks for the heads up!

GrayBull
03-17-08, 3:15 am
No problem man.
Not trying to disrespect Danny's gym or anything, just figured I'd let you know my thoughts.

pain4life
03-18-08, 2:49 am
Thus far it seems Colorado is lacking in prospective members who want to hold a Colorado ABC event. Therefore, I have decided to start this thread to make a list of all people interested in holding a Colorado ABC event(s).

If interested in a Colorado ABC event leave the following info on this thread. I will accumulate this information and set an event up.

1) Forvm Name?
2) Where in Colorado you live?
3) What gym you belong to, if any?
4) What day(s) of the week work best for you for the event?

pain4life
03-18-08, 3:00 am
Alright we have a total of three of us communicating at at this point. Three is good, but more is better. I am going to post another thread under the "Livin">"The Board" section (if approved by mod) to see if we can get any new candidates that want to hold an event. I would like to wait at least 1 week after my thread is posted. After a week, we will pick a date to meet up and see how it goes.

GrayBull
03-18-08, 4:32 am
Sounds good, man.
I'll make sure and stay in touch on here as it looks like we're the only committed ones so far. Try to get that thread up and I'll see what else I can do as well.
It's a shame that people suck this bad up here...should have considered that before I moved from Texas.
Later.

G Diesel
03-18-08, 8:11 am
I know there are a lot of serious cats from CO on The Forvm... Sometimes it takes a little travel to get this shit off the ground. Many guys out this way drive 3+ hrs to to go to an ABC gathering. Let me know what help you guys need to get this rollin'. Peace, G

pain4life
03-18-08, 12:44 pm
Thanks G Diesel for the support! I will keep in touch with you and give you an update in a week.

G Diesel
03-18-08, 4:55 pm
Thanks G Diesel for the support! I will keep in touch with you and give you an update in a week.

Awesome bro... I'll be looking forward to it. We'll get this done. Peace, G

GrayBull
03-18-08, 7:32 pm
Yo pain...where about to do you live?
I'm over off Parker and 225.

GrayBull
03-18-08, 7:36 pm
I know there are a lot of serious cats from CO on The Forvm... Sometimes it takes a little travel to get this shit off the ground. Many guys out this way drive 3+ hrs to to go to an ABC gathering. Let me know what help you guys need to get this rollin'. Peace, G

And G...you obviously know many more people on here than me since I just joined. But if you could let the guys in Colorado know what we're trying to get done, or just shoot me a pm letting me know who they are so I could get in touch with them we'd really appreciate it.
Thanks, bro.
Later.

pain4life
03-18-08, 10:38 pm
GrayBull, I live in Broomfield but am willing to travel to somewhere in the middle if need be. Please answer the 4 questions I posted on this thread so I can get all your info. Thanks

born0withno0soul
03-19-08, 3:16 am
Aurora, Co near parker and I-225
24 hour fitness and i have the international pass so i can use any of them
It must be a saturday or sunday for me. Sunday would be best

pain4life
03-19-08, 3:46 am
Thanks for the reply born0withno0soul

GrayBull
03-19-08, 3:56 am
Hey G, I just saw at the beginning of the thread that we can find members through the faq. So nevermind, bro.

Pain, I skimmed through and only saw questions regarding gym and location. So here you go... I'm a member at 24, have a monthly contract, and go to every location around the area. I don't know if I'd want to change over to another gym- because I don't know of any that offer the amount of weights/machines and convenience of having several locations and being open all day/night. But if you know of a good privately owned let me know and I'll be happy to go check it out with you.
Later.

GrayBull
03-19-08, 4:30 am
Aurora, Co near parker and I-225
24 hour fitness and i have the international pass so i can use any of them
It must be a saturday or sunday for me. Sunday would be best

Hey man. I'm on Parker and 225 as well. You go to the 24 right across the highway?...maybe I've seen you there.

pain4life
03-19-08, 11:57 am
Graybull, are you available to work out on the weekends?

born0withno0soul
03-19-08, 12:20 pm
Hey man. I'm on Parker and 225 as well. You go to the 24 right across the highway?...maybe I've seen you there.

i use the 24 hour on parker and quincy next to those furniture stores. i usually go workout around 10:00 am or 12:30 am because i work the second shift.

Cyrus The Virus
03-19-08, 12:45 pm
Thus far it seems Colorado is lacking in prospective members who want to hold a Colorado ABC event. Therefore, I have decided to start this thread to make a list of all people interested in holding a Colorado ABC event(s).

If interested in a Colorado ABC event leave the following info on this thread. I will accumulate this information and set an event up.

1) Forvm Name?
2) Where in Colorado you live?
3) What gym you belong to, if any?
4) What day(s) of the week work best for you for the event?

1.) Cyrus The Virus.
2.) Arvada
3.) Better Bodies
4.) Sunday is the best day for me.

born0withno0soul
03-19-08, 12:48 pm
1.) Cyrus The Virus.
2.) Arvada
3.) Better Bodies
4.) Sunday is the best day for me.

i think sunday would be the best day for most of us.

GrayBull
03-19-08, 12:51 pm
i use the 24 hour on parker and quincy next to those furniture stores. i usually go workout around 10:00 am or 12:30 am because i work the second shift.

Ahh, well then never mind. I usually don't go until late night. Unless it's a rare early morning weekend workout...

GrayBull
03-19-08, 12:55 pm
Graybull, are you available to work out on the weekends?

Yeah man. I can make weekends if it's the best day for everyone else...
Is there a certain body part y'all would want to workout that day? Monday is back for me, so that's what I'd probably be doing on a Sunday.

born0withno0soul
03-19-08, 12:58 pm
back would be great for me as well

GrayBull
03-19-08, 2:39 pm
We need to start discussing locations again. Anyone have ideas?
I do back at a 24 on Hampton about a minute or two from I-25... but last time I drove by on a Sunday morning it looked pretty busy.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:20 am
I am glad to see everyone is finally communicating so we can get this thing going. I preferably like to workout early in the morning at 9:00 AM because of my busy schedule. The only days I can meet with you guys would be Sat-Tues, preferably no later than 9:00 AM. If that is to early for you guys I can workout Mon or Tues evenings. I know it may not be best for everyone, but like G Diesel stated, we have to all sacrifice somewhere in order to get this thing up and running.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:36 am
Here is what I have so far:

I live in Broomfield; GrayBull lives in Aurora; born0withno0soul lives in Aurora; Cyrus The Virus lives in Arvada.

Graybull and born0withno0soul are members of 24 hour fitness, Cyrus The Virus is a member of Better Bodies, and I currently workout at my home gym and don't have a gym membership.

Here is what I am thinking for our first Colorado ABC Meeting. I think we should all workout at 24 hour fitness for the first Colorado ABC Meeting. I am sure you guys could get a guest pass for Cyrus The Virus and myself or we could always pay a guest fee.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:39 am
In the meantime, lets do some more research on local gyms. I am a big supporter of finding a local gym for the Colorado ABC because they will be more likely to hang an Animal banner up at our sessions, may give us a group discount, and may also help us schedule meetings at their location.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:46 am
The only two local gyms I am aware of that our in the middle of all of us our Rocky Mountain Lifting Club (RMLC) and Graybull mentioned Mahany's. I am not familiar with Mahnay's and it appears Graybull was not a big fan of RMLC.

I spoke with Danny from RMLC and he stated that we could join for $40/month, $350 for a year ($29/month), or we could get a punch card that has 20 visits for $100 ($5/day). The punch card has no expiration date and there are no contracts or initiation fees.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:50 am
Graybull how does Mahnay's Gym compare to RMLC? Do they have enough equipment and do you know what they charge for memberships?

I know the local gyms won't have near the amount of equipment a 24 hour fitness may have but how much equipment do we really need?

I have been working out for 2 years at my home gym and all I have is a Flat Bench, Multi-position bench, 300 pounds in weight plates with barbell, 5-75 pound dumbbells, and two curl bars and I get a hell of a good workout.

pain4life
03-20-08, 1:53 am
Let me know what you guys think about all the things I have thrown at you this evening. Once you guys get back with me, we will pick a date, and I will get in touch with G Diesel to get this organized.

Thanks for replying to the thread I posted!!

Hope to talk to you guys sooner than later.

Pain

born0withno0soul
03-20-08, 3:01 am
i can probably get a few free passes for our first workout at the 24 hour gym. let me see and i will respond today if i got them. if we use a 24 hour the one located on parker and quincy in aurora is best. i can go anywhere on sunday and time is not a problem

GrayBull
03-20-08, 11:26 am
I am glad to see everyone is finally communicating so we can get this thing going. I preferably like to workout early in the morning at 9:00 AM because of my busy schedule. The only days I can meet with you guys would be Sat-Tues, preferably no later than 9:00 AM. If that is to early for you guys I can workout Mon or Tues evenings. I know it may not be best for everyone, but like G Diesel stated, we have to all sacrifice somewhere in order to get this thing up and running.
Yeah...it's good to see we're getting something going.
Weekend mornings aren't the coolest time, but if it's best for everyone else I'll be sure to make it. I'm free all day Saturday and Sunday, and can hit up evenings during the week.
It'd be best to schedule the event a week in advance so I can change up my split to fit into a possible weekend meet-up...

GrayBull
03-20-08, 11:30 am
Here is what I have so far:

I live in Broomfield; GrayBull lives in Aurora; born0withno0soul lives in Aurora; Cyrus The Virus lives in Arvada.

Graybull and born0withno0soul are members of 24 hour fitness, Cyrus The Virus is a member of Better Bodies, and I currently workout at my home gym and don't have a gym membership.

Here is what I am thinking for our first Colorado ABC Meeting. I think we should all workout at 24 hour fitness for the first Colorado ABC Meeting. I am sure you guys could get a guest pass for Cyrus The Virus and myself or we could always pay a guest fee.
I actually have two free guest passes that I've been using to try and bribe a couple of lazy friends to get back in the gym. But hey...wouldn't mind letting you two have them.

Now we just need to decide on which 24 is best for everyone...

GrayBull
03-20-08, 11:31 am
In the meantime, lets do some more research on local gyms. I am a big supporter of finding a local gym for the Colorado ABC because they will be more likely to hang an Animal banner up at our sessions, may give us a group discount, and may also help us schedule meetings at their location.
I'm looking into a couple in the area... I'll post op facts once I get more info.

GrayBull
03-20-08, 11:35 am
The only two local gyms I am aware of that our in the middle of all of us our Rocky Mountain Lifting Club (RMLC) and Graybull mentioned Mahany's. I am not familiar with Mahnay's and it appears Graybull was not a big fan of RMLC.

I spoke with Danny from RMLC and he stated that we could join for $40/month, $350 for a year ($29/month), or we could get a punch card that has 20 visits for $100 ($5/day). The punch card has no expiration date and there are no contracts or initiation fees.
I'll get in touch with Mahany's and a couple other gyms I've seen around and ask about prices and whatnot. I'll try to visit the ones that sound promising throughout the week if time permits.
Colorado Pro Gym is up near you pain...it's where Phil Heath trains. I'll see what they have to say as well.

GrayBull
03-20-08, 11:42 am
Graybull how does Mahnay's Gym compare to RMLC? Do they have enough equipment and do you know what they charge for memberships?

I know the local gyms won't have near the amount of equipment a 24 hour fitness may have but how much equipment do we really need?

I have been working out for 2 years at my home gym and all I have is a Flat Bench, Multi-position bench, 300 pounds in weight plates with barbell, 5-75 pound dumbbells, and two curl bars and I get a hell of a good workout.
It's not that I NEED very much equipment...me and the girl just decided that 24 would be best for us because they have all the machines and cardio equipment she wants and all the free weights and whatnot that I need.

pain4life
03-20-08, 10:36 pm
Graybull if we could use the guest passes that would be awesome. As far as finding local gyms in the area just keep us posted!

pain4life
03-20-08, 10:53 pm
I am fine with meeting at the 24 hour fitness in Aurora at Quincy/Parker for our first session. What do you guys think about meeting up at that 24 hour fitness for LEGS on Saturday, April 5th, at 11:00 AM. That gives us two weeks to get an Animal shirt and time for me to talk with G Diesel about the event. Get back with me ASAP!

GrayBull
03-21-08, 2:17 am
I am fine with meeting at the 24 hour fitness in Aurora at Quincy/Parker for our first session. What do you guys think about meeting up at that 24 hour fitness for LEGS on Saturday, April 5th, at 11:00 AM. That gives us two weeks to get an Animal shirt and time for me to talk with G Diesel about the event. Get back with me ASAP!
I don't usually do legs on Saturday, but since we have an advanced notice I'm fine with it if it's what everyone else wants...
And pain, how are we getting the shirts? We going to order them as a group before the event or are we on our own?

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 2:46 am
my legs are weak as hell so if thats what you guys want to do i can dish it out. i was hoping to do some back work

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 2:47 am
and i will be wearing my shut up and train shirt as usual

GrayBull
03-21-08, 3:19 am
My legs aren't weak, but my left knee sure does give me a hell of a problem- which holds me back a bit. But eh.. it has to be done. Hey, and maybe working out with a couple of us will push you to hit them harder than usual....maybe even spur up some new found strength in them.
Like I said- whatever is fine with me. LEGS or BACK. We just need to agree on something so I can change my split accordingly.

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 3:22 am
same here. i normally do legs monday night. but that will be fine with me. i need to pick up the skirt and work my legs harder anyways.

GrayBull
03-21-08, 4:02 am
and i will be wearing my shut up and train shirt as usual
Sweet. I've been meaning to get one...where'd you purchase yours?

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 4:04 am
i got it here from the shop

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 4:07 am
if you will make a fixed date with enough preperation time there are a few guys around colorado who might show up. we have a search function here on the forum that will allow you to look up members by location. i had a couple interested awhile back but i could never get any going

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 4:15 am
i also just ordered the new jersey so if its in by the first meet i will wear that

G Diesel
03-21-08, 8:24 am
if you will make a fixed date with enough preperation time there are a few guys around colorado who might show up. we have a search function here on the forum that will allow you to look up members by location. i had a couple interested awhile back but i could never get any going

Looks like you guys are right on the brink bro... Follow through and get this done. CO is too hardcore to not have an ABC. Peace, G

pain4life
03-21-08, 9:29 am
Does Saturday, April 5th, at 11:00 AM work for everyone? That will give us two weeks to prep.

pain4life
03-21-08, 9:31 am
As far as shirts go for the event, if you don't have one you need to pick one up through "The Shop." As far as I understand you can wear what ever shirt you want as long as it represents Animal!

pain4life
03-21-08, 9:32 am
born0withno0soul, is two weeks enough notice? If not we can push it back a week. Let me know what you think.

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 2:16 pm
i think april 5th will be fine.

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 2:24 pm
if we can get them in, you need to contact dragondad , ARMYofONE , and TNEVZ

GrayBull
03-21-08, 2:58 pm
As far as I know April 5th will be fine... BUT just forewarning y'all- the Quincy 24 is PACKED on Saturday mornings.

born0withno0soul
03-21-08, 4:10 pm
you are right. the later in the evening, probably the better. just a thought

pain4life
03-22-08, 1:56 am
On the weekends I have to meet in the morning because I work from 2 PM to 12 AM. If the morning doesn't work than I can meet on Monday or Tuesday afternoon or evening.

If the morning works on April 5th for you guys, but may be crowded, I say we go anyway so we can get this thing up and running!!

pain4life
03-22-08, 2:06 am
I also wanted to let you guys know I sent a message to dragondad , ARMYofONE , and TNEVZ to see if they were still interested in the Colorado ABC. I will let you know if I hear from them.

born0withno0soul
03-22-08, 2:30 am
i think they will respond. as far as scheduling goes i cant workout out anywhere except the 24 on quincy in aurora. i have to work out at 10 am. im available any time on the weekends so saturday at 11 am is great for me.

GrayBull
03-22-08, 3:10 am
On the weekends I have to meet in the morning because I work from 2 PM to 12 AM. If the morning doesn't work than I can meet on Monday or Tuesday afternoon or evening.

If the morning works on April 5th for you guys, but may be crowded, I say we go anyway so we can get this thing up and running!!

OK then, bro. We can make it happen in the morning...we all have to make due with the conflicting schedules.

GrayBull
03-22-08, 3:16 am
i think they will respond. as far as scheduling goes i cant workout out anywhere except the 24 on quincy in aurora. i have to work out at 10 am. im available any time on the weekends so saturday at 11 am is great for me.

Do you just have the single location membership? And umm...just curious but why do you have to workout at 10 am?

GrayBull
03-22-08, 3:21 am
Hey guys... I'm getting and MRI on my left knee April 3rd. Hopefully everything turns out OK so I can hit the squats with y'all on Saturday. I'm skipping this next week on legs to make sure I don't further damage anything that might be wrong.
Anywho- later.

born0withno0soul
03-22-08, 4:37 am
Do you just have the single location membership? And umm...just curious but why do you have to workout at 10 am?

i can go to any 24 hour and i have to work out around 10 or 11 am because i work second shift

GrayBull
03-22-08, 12:55 pm
i can go to any 24 hour and i have to work out around 10 or 11 am because i work second shift

Oh. Mmk..
I have another guy that is thinking about getting involved. I'll let you all know...

born0withno0soul
03-22-08, 5:57 pm
you guys need to let me know if i need to work on getting a couple free passes for the weekend

ARMYofONE
03-22-08, 9:51 pm
I am down on time and place. Just make sure to message me with info. I train at Fitness 19. And you guys also know WWE wrestler BOBBY LASHLEY has a wholesale supplement store in CS. I met him there. Down to earth guy. He will beat anyones deals on ANY supplements. He is located in the same parking area as Balley's. Next to the 4 Wheel Drive center. I get all my stuff there. Well not all lol. Let me know time and place. I have the military BROTHERS IN ARMS shirt from Animal I can wear that.

pain4life
03-23-08, 1:06 am
born0withno0soul I could use a free pass if you can get one.

Looks like it will be SATURDAY, APRIL 5TH, 11:00 AM at the 24 hour fitness at Quincy and Parker Road. We will plan on legs unless something changes. Keep in touch in the meantime.

MAKE SURE TO WEAR AN ANIMAL SHIRT!!

born0withno0soul
03-23-08, 4:24 am
born0withno0soul I could use a free pass if you can get one.

Looks like it will be SATURDAY, APRIL 5TH, 11:00 AM at the 24 hour fitness at Quincy and Parker Road. We will plan on legs unless something changes. Keep in touch in the meantime.

MAKE SURE TO WEAR AN ANIMAL SHIRT!!

ill see what i can do

born0withno0soul
03-24-08, 1:40 am
alright guys i got a couple passes. the only problem isif you need a pass you need to show up a little early and talk to a counselor. sign the liability release forms and give up some info. just tell the guy you dont want a tour, you want to train so make it quick. if your like me and wouldnt want to go through this trouble, i will ask the manager about paying a one day fee and get things over with.

another thought if you go through the free pass bullshit you will get to workout for 2 weeks free

GrayBull
03-24-08, 4:14 am
Hey guys...don't forget that I have two guest passes as well. I'll ask about the whole 'take a tour and info thing', but as far as I know you just walk in. I'll post up what I find out tomorrow night after BACK.

born0withno0soul
03-24-08, 4:17 am
well as far as the touring goes just say you dont have time for that. but i think they want the liability release papers signed regardless of how you get in. you cant blame them

pain4life
03-24-08, 12:55 pm
Thanks for the passes guys. I am sure we will have to give them are info either way because they love trying to sell visitors new memberships.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I heard back from dragondad and he will not be able to make it because of his son's baseball games that day. He said he will try to meet up with us next time.

born0withno0soul
03-24-08, 3:04 pm
so how many do we have so far?

GrayBull
03-24-08, 3:23 pm
So far I have a head count of five...

1. GrayBull
2. pain4life
3. born0withno0soul
4. Cyrus The Virus
5. ARMYofONE

I also have a discount code for the black "Animal" shirt if anybody is wanting to get one before the meet. PM me if you're interested.
We should also have enough passes for everybody as well.

pain4life
03-24-08, 7:00 pm
Intensity was asking if we were going to eat afterwards. I have been down there but don't know what restaurants are nearby. Those of you who live down there pick a place for us to eat at afterwards.

pain4life
03-24-08, 7:06 pm
For those of us that don't currently have a 24 hour fitness membership lets get there at 10:30 AM so we can lift weights by 11:00 AM! This way we can talk with the sales people and fill out any paperwork before 11:00 AM.

This will also give us time to eat afterwards because I have to work at 2:30 PM on Saturday.

born0withno0soul
03-25-08, 2:18 am
good idea

born0withno0soul
03-25-08, 2:20 am
Intensity was asking if we were going to eat afterwards. I have been down there but don't know what restaurants are nearby. Those of you who live down there pick a place for us to eat at afterwards.

well im on a keto diet as a practice diet to see if its what i want to use for my next show so no eating for me. i cant work out more than a hour because i have to do 45 minutes of cardio

born0withno0soul
03-25-08, 2:24 am
as for food there are several chain restaurants nearby such as tgi fridays. there is a mexican restaurant next to the gym. my favorite is a few miles down parker going west towards denver is brothers barbeque. its not that close though

GrayBull
03-25-08, 4:39 am
How far are you all willing to drive, and are there any food preferences?
There's a really good burger place that specializes in bison...pot roast, chili, burgers. It's not the closest thing to the gym though, just throwing out a suggestion. It's located outside the Southlands Mall if you want an idea of where it's at. About a 10-15 minute drive from the gym.

There are numerous other places though closer by. Just make a suggestion and I'll let you know if there's one close.

Born- Are you saying that you're not going to come, or that you're going to come and just not eat/bring your own food?

born0withno0soul
03-25-08, 12:25 pm
ill be there to lift, then i have to do 45 min cardio so you guys will not want to wait around for that. i wont be going out with you guys to eat

Cyrus The Virus
03-25-08, 2:59 pm
The date and time work for me. How much does it cost for a one day pass?

born0withno0soul
03-25-08, 3:10 pm
The date and time work for me. How much does it cost for a one day pass?

we have passes you just have to get there a little early and sit down with a counselor to give up some information and sign some liability release forms. if you do that you will get a two week free pass. just tell thgem your interested in joining up but you want to give the gym a shot and you will take your own tour of the place

pain4life
03-25-08, 9:08 pm
As far as food goes, lets keep it within a 10 min drive. You guys pick the place and we will go. I eat anything, anywhere where we can get some protein!!

pain4life
03-25-08, 9:21 pm
GrayBull, thanks for the promo code for the shirt!!!

GrayBull
03-25-08, 9:29 pm
well im on a keto diet as a practice diet to see if its what i want to use for my next show so no eating for me. i cant work out more than a hour because i have to do 45 minutes of cardio

What show are you going to compete in?

GrayBull
03-25-08, 9:30 pm
As far as food goes, lets keep it within a 10 min drive. You guys pick the place and we will go. I eat anything, anywhere where we can get some protein!!

Noted.

GrayBull
03-25-08, 9:34 pm
GrayBull, thanks for the promo code for the shirt!!!

No problem, man. Glad you got to save a few bucks... I'm still trying to decide what shirt I want to order for the meet.
And if you have one- how do the sizes run? Not sure if I should get medium or large.

pain4life
03-25-08, 10:02 pm
I am not sure how Animal's sizing works but I just ordered the size shirt I would buy at a dept. store.

born0withno0soul
03-26-08, 2:59 am
What show are you going to compete in?

it will be awhile before i do one. i plan on doing one in 09' in either my hometown in tennessee or go to miami florida with another bodybuilding friend

born0withno0soul
03-26-08, 3:01 am
the brothers barbeque i spoke of should be within ten minutes of the gym. its really good. i would use that as i my cheat meal for the week but evan says it must be the last meal of the night so im screwed

pain4life
03-26-08, 12:33 pm
Brothers BBQ sounds good!!

Cyrus The Virus
03-26-08, 1:11 pm
we have passes you just have to get there a little early and sit down with a counselor to give up some information and sign some liability release forms. if you do that you will get a two week free pass. just tell thgem your interested in joining up but you want to give the gym a shot and you will take your own tour of the place

Thanks I will do that.

GrayBull
03-26-08, 9:34 pm
it will be awhile before i do one. i plan on doing one in 09' in either my hometown in tennessee or go to miami florida with another bodybuilding friend

Oh OK. Cool man... will it be your first show?
I'm hoping to compete within a couple of years. Though we'll have to see how it goes with all these nagging injuries.

GrayBull
03-26-08, 9:38 pm
the brothers barbeque i spoke of should be within ten minutes of the gym. its really good. i would use that as i my cheat meal for the week but evan says it must be the last meal of the night so im screwed

Which BB location are you talking about? Let me know and I'll post up a link with directions...

born0withno0soul
03-27-08, 3:04 am
Oh OK. Cool man... will it be your first show?
I'm hoping to compete within a couple of years. Though we'll have to see how it goes with all these nagging injuries.

no it will be my second show. maybe if you decide to start competing we can work together

born0withno0soul
03-27-08, 3:08 am
Which BB location are you talking about? Let me know and I'll post up a link with directions...

Leave the gym and go west towards the mountains and denver. parker will turn into leetsdale a few miles down. the restuarant is located on the right at leetsdale and monaco.

address: 6449 Leetsdale Drive • Denver, CO 80224

GrayBull
03-27-08, 11:53 am
no it will be my second show. maybe if you decide to start competing we can work together

Yeah man. That'd be awesome...
Really don't know how long it'll be, though, before I compete. I feel I need a lot of size and improvements first.

GrayBull
03-27-08, 12:04 pm
Leave the gym and go west towards the mountains and denver. parker will turn into leetsdale a few miles down. the restuarant is located on the right at leetsdale and monaco.

address: 6449 Leetsdale Drive • Denver, CO 80224

And I just found out this morning that there's a Ted's Montana Grill pretty close to the gym. It's the place I had suggested earlier... and is probably a bit closer than Brother's BBQ. So I guess it's up to majority- everyone pitch in with their preference.

Brother's- best bbq in the area.
Ted's- awesome bison everything. Haven't tried their beef or chicken...

pain4life
03-27-08, 1:28 pm
1 vote for Ted's

born0withno0soul
03-27-08, 1:46 pm
i wouldnt mind trying out teds either. damn this diet sucks

born0withno0soul
03-27-08, 1:47 pm
so where is this place anyways? i might give it shot on a cheat day

GrayBull
03-27-08, 2:44 pm
5370 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 110. Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
I haven't been to this location so not sure about the atmosphere... it's right off the 225/25 merge. Sucks you can't come with us, man. Let us know how the diet is going though..

I vote Ted's. Haven't been to BB though, so maybe we can try that out next time...

G Diesel
03-27-08, 4:15 pm
Looks like it is about to be on in CO... Gonna appoint an official coordinator. The details for the April 5th session have been posted in 24/7/365. Good shit fellas. Peace, G

GrayBull
03-27-08, 4:26 pm
Looks like it is about to be on in CO... Gonna appoint an official coordinator. The details for the April 5th session have been posted in 24/7/365. Good shit fellas. Peace, G

Yeah it is...
Thanks for the posting our event, G.

GrayBull
03-27-08, 6:24 pm
Hey guys... so I got in touch with the owner of Colorado Pro Gym, and it seems he bought what was Mahany's. I talked with him for a bit, and he said he'd really like to host our ABC meets. He said if we were interested that we could check out his gym for free the first meet and see how it goes. I'm going to go over there and meet with him in person and check out the gym as soon as I have time and let you all know what I think..
Give some feedback with your thoughts.

born0withno0soul
03-28-08, 3:06 am
where is this gym? is there a website

GrayBull
03-28-08, 3:20 am
1961 S. Havana St. • Aurora, CO 80014

I plan on going to have a look-see in the morning...

born0withno0soul
03-28-08, 3:22 am
right on dude. if we can have a workout for free theres our location for the second abc

pain4life
03-28-08, 4:00 am
Good work GrayBull!! Let us know what you think of Colorado Pro Gym. If it's nice, I say we host our second event there and if we like it, make it the official gym for the Colorado ABC!!

pain4life
03-28-08, 4:16 am
G Diesel,

Thanks for posting the event for us on the Calendar. I hope it brings some more members to our first Colorado ABC Event!!!

GrayBull
03-28-08, 12:57 pm
OK, guys... so I checked it out this morning, and I must say- it's a really nice gym. All the equipment is new, clean, and smooth. Dumbbells up to 140, a fighting area if any of you are into MMA, and the owner does strongman crap and him and his crew train for that every Saturday as well. I have to give it props and say I think it'd be a much better place to hold our ABC meets than 24. Our first meet would be free, and afterward we can either pay by session ($15), sign up for a year which comes out to $20/month, or two years for $15/month.
Feedback...

born0withno0soul
03-28-08, 1:17 pm
hell im only 6 miles from it. if its got a good atmosphere i might be dropping my 24 hour fitness fees and joining this one. its up to you guys where we have it but you have to figure it out and stick with it. we cant keep changing up the address

GrayBull
03-28-08, 1:37 pm
I'm not trying to say we should change up the address for the first meet. I just think that the place is much better for ABC than 24 since I was able to speak with the owner and hear his thoughts about it. If you all are in agreement, though, I don't think it'd be that big of a deal to simply change the address for the first meet since it's still over a week away...but it has to be an agreed decision.

Vote-
#1. Keep 24 for the first meet and go to CPG for the second meet.
#2. Drop 24 and let CPG be ABC's home.

born0withno0soul
03-28-08, 1:41 pm
it really makes no difference to me because im really close anyways. but 15 dollars a day is pretty high. but like i said if i like it i will just join

pain4life
03-28-08, 1:54 pm
#2, Lets go to Colorado Pro Gym for our first event on April 5th. I think a local gym is way better for our Colorado ABC events. Also, I can afford to spend $20/month so we can start meeting more often.

We need to decide by the end of the day however, so I can let G Diesel know of the changes for the Calendar ASAP.

born0withno0soul
03-28-08, 3:22 pm
1961 S. Havana St. • Aurora, CO 80014

so this is the gym you want to use instead of 24 hour? thats fine with me

GrayBull
03-28-08, 5:05 pm
it really makes no difference to me because im really close anyways. but 15 dollars a day is pretty high. but like i said if i like it i will just join

#2, Lets go to Colorado Pro Gym for our first event on April 5th. I think a local gym is way better for our Colorado ABC events. Also, I can afford to spend $20/month so we can start meeting more often.

We need to decide by the end of the day however, so I can let G Diesel know of the changes for the Calendar ASAP.

so this is the gym you want to use instead of 24 hour? thats fine with me

Yeah, that's the address. I barely found the place today...it's in the corner of a shopping strip. But if you all want to change locations for April 5th I'm completely fine with it. I don't know if I'll join or not because I honestly work out so late into the night that I NEED to be a member of 24 because a lot of my workouts are at 12-3am.
Know that the $20/month is if 5 people join at once. By yourself is $35/month.

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 3:41 am
i just sent out pm's to several people in the surrounding areas so maybe they will respond in the next week so this thing will grow.

well it seems this abc will be moved to colorado pro gym on april 5th

pain4life
03-29-08, 4:55 am
Alright guys, I advised G Diesel and Intensity of the new location for the Colorado ABC Event on April 5th.

Our Colorado ABC event on April 5th, at 11:00 AM, will be at the following NEW location:

Colorado Pro Gym
1961 S. Havana St.
Aurora, CO 80014

THIS IS FINAL!!!!!

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 1:04 pm
works for me. lets get this done

GrayBull
03-29-08, 1:13 pm
Awesome guys. I'm glad to see how well this is progressing...
I also pm'd a couple of guys to see if they are wanting to get involved, but no word as of yet.

GrayBull
03-29-08, 1:14 pm
Alright guys, I advised G Diesel and Intensity of the new location for the Colorado ABC Event on April 5th.

Our Colorado ABC event on April 5th, at 11:00 AM, will be at the following NEW location:

Colorado Pro Gym
1961 S. Havana St.
Aurora, CO 80014

THIS IS FINAL!!!!!

Let's not forget about the food afterwards as well...

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 2:26 pm
lol i hear ya dude. i wish i could eat with you guys. i get to have a cheat late that nightbut it must be late. i know for a fact brothers barbeque is good and if were at havana street you are much closer than being at 24 hour.

GrayBull
03-29-08, 2:55 pm
Damn man...wish you could join us. What's the reasoning behind the cheat meal being the last of the day?

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 3:57 pm
Damn man...wish you could join us. What's the reasoning behind the cheat meal being the last of the day?

i dont want to make the same mistake as toni did so im doing a practice diet on the keto before my second contest to see if i react better to keto or carb cycling. its evans rules that your cheat meal must be the last meal of the night before you go to bed

GrayBull
03-29-08, 5:36 pm
i dont want to make the same mistake as toni did so im doing a practice diet on the keto before my second contest to see if i react better to keto or carb cycling. its evans rules that your cheat meal must be the last meal of the night before you go to bed

Well I reckon you better listen, then. How's the diet been go so far anyway?
When did you start?
Stats before and now?

I always think that carbs vs keto is better for natty, which is why I'm asking.

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 5:49 pm
Well I reckon you better listen, then. How's the diet been go so far anyway?
When did you start?
Stats before and now?

I always think that carbs vs keto is better for natty, which is why I'm asking.

i just started two weeks ago. im losing weight and keping fuller than with the carb cycling so far. i have a long ways to go with a lot of fat to shed. i did my first show with carb cycling and was decently cut but i lost too much muscle. i dont know if my calories were to low or i was burning too many calories with training and cardio. i have learned that workout need to be 1 hour max. so even if im feeling good after one hour i quit and do cardio. this is just a practice diet for my 2009 show. i have plenty of time to work out the bugs

GrayBull
03-29-08, 6:25 pm
i just started two weeks ago. im losing weight and keping fuller than with the carb cycling so far. i have a long ways to go with a lot of fat to shed. i did my first show with carb cycling and was decently cut but i lost too much muscle. i dont know if my calories were to low or i was burning too many calories with training and cardio. i have learned that workout need to be 1 hour max. so even if im feeling good after one hour i quit and do cardio. this is just a practice diet for my 2009 show. i have plenty of time to work out the bugs

Yeah...good call. I should probably run a little diet sometime in the future just to see how it goes.

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 8:12 pm
ill tell you guys what, ill bring a shake and go hang out whereever you guys eat so we can chat awhile. then you can tell me if the food is good or not

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 8:14 pm
So what kind of exercises you guys plan on doing?

I will ahve to work on flexibility this week because i was doing squats today and my shoulder joints started hurting something terrible from holding the bar.

GrayBull
03-29-08, 8:40 pm
ill tell you guys what, ill bring a shake and go hang out whereever you guys eat so we can chat awhile. then you can tell me if the food is good or not

Cool...I was wondering if you would suggest that or not. Didn't want to say anything and make it an obligation since you're doing the diet/cardio.

GrayBull
03-29-08, 8:46 pm
So what kind of exercises you guys plan on doing?

I will ahve to work on flexibility this week because i was doing squats today and my shoulder joints started hurting something terrible from holding the bar.

Where you doing front squats?
And my workout is pending on what the MRI/ortho says...but usually its something like:
warm up, front squats, squats, extensions, leg press, lying curl, still legged dead lift, then maybe a pump for hams if I can still stand.

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 9:30 pm
hell i was doing regular squats. i guess the biggest problem is i never stretch and its hard on the shoulder to reach back and hold the bar. we will see what happens next weekend. i will do some stretching this week. i got to 225 on the squat and had to quit from the damn pain in my shoulders. its rediculous

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 9:33 pm
any replies from others or is there still only 4 people showing up? which is absolutely fine with me because like i said i need a good workout in 1 hour if possible

born0withno0soul
03-29-08, 9:47 pm
yo graybull you want to hit up back or arms tomorrow/sunday?

pain4life
03-29-08, 10:55 pm
I have cut my workouts down to 1 hour as well. The only way I can make it happen is by increasing my intensity and cutting down my rest time between sets.

pain4life
03-29-08, 10:58 pm
My typical leg day includes the below exercises:

Leg Extensions (20-12 reps)
Leg Press (20-12 reps)
Squats (15-10 reps)
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts (12-8 reps)
Lying Leg Curls (15-10 reps)
Calf Raises (15-10 reps)

*4 sets each exercise with a pyramid in weight.

GrayBull
03-29-08, 11:09 pm
hell i was doing regular squats. i guess the biggest problem is i never stretch and its hard on the shoulder to reach back and hold the bar. we will see what happens next weekend. i will do some stretching this week. i got to 225 on the squat and had to quit from the damn pain in my shoulders. its rediculous

Dude, that does suck. Have you always had that much stiffness in your shoulders? Where do you grab the bar at- close to your shoulders or wide?

GrayBull
03-29-08, 11:10 pm
yo graybull you want to hit up back or arms tomorrow/sunday?

Yeah, that's cool. What time would you want to go?

GrayBull
03-29-08, 11:12 pm
I have cut my workouts down to 1 hour as well. The only way I can make it happen is by increasing my intensity and cutting down my rest time between sets.

I had cut mine down to about 40 minutes for eight weeks, but just recently switched it back up to about 80-90 minutes...

born0withno0soul
03-30-08, 12:29 am
Dude, that does suck. Have you always had that much stiffness in your shoulders? Where do you grab the bar at- close to your shoulders or wide?

no this is the first time i have had this problem but i havent squatted in awhile either, i usually do smith bar squats. i tried close and wide grip. ill figure out the problem though hopefully.

GrayBull
03-30-08, 11:45 am
any replies from others or is there still only 4 people showing up? which is absolutely fine with me because like i said i need a good workout in 1 hour if possible

I've yet to get any replies from anyone else...

born0withno0soul
03-30-08, 2:19 pm
im sending messages to g diesel and intensity trying to get the address changed on the abc calendar

pain4life
03-30-08, 2:29 pm
born0withno0soul, I already advised them of the changes for the calendar

born0withno0soul
03-30-08, 2:48 pm
born0withno0soul, I already advised them of the changes for the calendar

right on dude, i sent them an extra reminder

GrayBull
03-31-08, 2:14 am
This thread is getting stale...

G Diesel
03-31-08, 10:17 am
im sending messages to g diesel and intensity trying to get the address changed on the abc calendar

The details are updated in "24/7/365"... Now I need born's contact info so I can have a care package sent ASAP. Thanks. Peace, G

Boonetang789
03-31-08, 11:46 am
Hey i just got the messages about meeting up and i'm down to meet up with you all. What will we be working out? Just curious so that i dont work out those muscles the day before. And just to make sure i understand: this first meeting at the Colorado Pro Gym is free? Just checking so i don't forgot to have my dues.

Strokin385
03-31-08, 2:26 pm
I might be able to get there, but I haven't purchased an Animal t yet...do you all have a t? From what I can gather it is going to be a leg day, correct?

GrayBull
03-31-08, 2:33 pm
Hey i just got the messages about meeting up and i'm down to meet up with you all. What will we be working out? Just curious so that i dont work out those muscles the day before. And just to make sure i understand: this first meeting at the Colorado Pro Gym is free? Just checking so i don't forgot to have my dues.

We will be working out legs. And yes..I talked to the owner, and our first meet will be free of charge.

GrayBull
03-31-08, 2:35 pm
I might be able to get there, but I haven't purchased an Animal t yet...do you all have a t? From what I can gather it is going to be a leg day, correct?

Yeah, you will need to have something supporting Animal. You can get express shipping on shirts for just 5bucks more...
Do you know when you will have a definite answer? A head count is preferable.

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 2:54 pm

we will be working legs, so your sure you will be there? that will make 5 for sure

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:26 pm
This is great guys, the more of us the better!!!!!!!!!

Enforcer
03-31-08, 3:30 pm
I'll tell you where to have an ABC. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:31 pm
For of those who are new to the thread, don't forget we're having food after the workout at either Teds or Brothers BBQ.

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 3:38 pm
i sent him my address to receive his care package but he needs to clear his messages so i can give him a head count of 6. im going to take a chance and say strokin will show up

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:41 pm
I say go with 6, I would rather be a little higher on the count then to low!!

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:43 pm
Congrats on being appointed the Colorado ABC Coordinator born0withno0soul!!!!

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:45 pm
I am here to help you if you need anything!

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 3:47 pm
not to sound corney, but its up to all of us to get these events going. 6 is much more than i thought would ever show up

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:49 pm
Me too, considering this thread was at a freeze a few weeks ago!!

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 3:50 pm
im just ready for you guys to give me a hell of a workout. been working out alone for 2 years and the workouts have gotten a little stale.

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:51 pm
So which of the two places are we going to eat at afterwards, I am confused?

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:52 pm
I have been working out alone too. It works but it sure will be nice to have a spotter to get those last painful reps up!!

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 3:52 pm
well i cant eat so i dont care, lol. im bringing a shake to just hang out. i know for a fact the barbeque is good but im also curious about the other place that was brought up. they have bison?

G Diesel
03-31-08, 3:53 pm
Me too, considering this thread was at a freeze a few weeks ago!!

You guys made it happen and gave it new life... Proud of ya. Now it is time to bring it.

As you've all probably seen, born0withno0soul is now the official ABC coordiantor for Colorado, we all need to give him the support he needs to blow this thing up big. Peace, G

pain4life
03-31-08, 3:54 pm
Thanks G Diesel for help coordinating this event with HQ!!

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 3:55 pm
thanks for the support g

born0withno0soul
03-31-08, 4:27 pm
so what are you guys thinking about food so we can tell everyone where to meet up

Boonetang789
03-31-08, 6:01 pm
I will be there for sure but i didnt know i need to be rocking animal gear. Sorry but i dont have any shirts or what not. Does that prevent me from coming? I am not really up on the rules of Animal ABC, i thought we just met up and worked out.

pain4life
03-31-08, 6:15 pm
Boonetang789, you are going to need an Animal shirt. Talk to Graybull about the promotion code for an Animal shirt for $10.95

pain4life
03-31-08, 6:16 pm
I say we go to the restaurant that is closest to the Colorado Pro Gym!!

Strokin385
03-31-08, 7:07 pm
Bull, can you pm me the promo code for a discounted shirt? I will show up for sure, but buying the shirt means no barbeque afterwards; LOL, at least I won't be alone with drinking protein!

Boonetang789
03-31-08, 8:14 pm
I just read the previous info in this thread and the info about the Animal Barbell Club. I will not be attending. The reason being that i already have a free membership at my school and i don't want to jump in with you all just to go for one day since i will not be joining that gym. Sorry for the hassle but i will rep Animal and keep the mindset and spread it as well as i can with all the pretty boys around my school. Seeing most of the people work out there is terrible, form and determination.

Once the weather gets better or is sunny for awhile, we should do some outdoor exercises like go to Red Rocks and run stairs and what not. I will always be down with that, but DU is expensive enough and i don't wanna add another fee on top of my already high tuition dues.

Have a good workout and i hope you keep growing the Colorado ABC!

GrayBull
03-31-08, 9:57 pm
well i cant eat so i dont care, lol. im bringing a shake to just hang out. i know for a fact the barbeque is good but im also curious about the other place that was brought up. they have bison?

Damn, this thread blew up today.
And I'm not sure which we are officially going to. I don't believe there is much of a difference (couple minutes) in drive time, so again- let's vote!

1. Ted's (yes they have bison)
2. Brother's BBQ

GrayBull
03-31-08, 9:58 pm
thanks for the support g

Yo man, congrats on the new status.

GrayBull
03-31-08, 10:00 pm
Bull, can you pm me the promo code for a discounted shirt? I will show up for sure, but buying the shirt means no barbeque afterwards; LOL, at least I won't be alone with drinking protein!

Yeah, check your pm...I'll send you it now.

GrayBull
03-31-08, 10:03 pm
im just ready for you guys to give me a hell of a workout. been working out alone for 2 years and the workouts have gotten a little stale.

I have been working out alone too. It works but it sure will be nice to have a spotter to get those last painful reps up!!

We'll get this workout done...I for one will be there to push everyone over the edge. You should either be laying on the floor or hugging the toilet by the end of it. ;)

pain4life
03-31-08, 10:29 pm
For some reason that sounds good GrayBull :)

pain4life
03-31-08, 10:30 pm
2. Brother's BBQ, it's much cheaper than Teds

pain4life
03-31-08, 10:34 pm
Everyone who is going to be at the legs workout, bring your favorite lift with you to add to our arsenal of leg exercises.

pain4life
03-31-08, 10:36 pm
Strokin385, when you order your shirt, don't do UPS ground because it tends to take a little over a week before you get the item. I have ordered on a Tuesday, and I don't usually get the item until the following Tuesday. I would hate for you to not get your shirt by Saturday for the workout. Pay for the quicker shipping, trust me.

GrayBull
03-31-08, 11:45 pm
Strokin385, when you order your shirt, don't do UPS ground because it tends to take a little over a week before you get the item. I have ordered on a Tuesday, and I don't usually get the item until the following Tuesday. I would hate for you to not get your shirt by Saturday for the workout. Pay for the quicker shipping, trust me.

I ordered mine at the end of last week...hoping it'll be here in time.

GrayBull
03-31-08, 11:50 pm
For some reason that sounds good GrayBull :)

Hah. Glad to hear you think so...

2. Brother's BBQ, it's much cheaper than Teds

OK then. Make that two for Brother's since it's probably a little bit closer anyway.

Ted's- 0
Brother's- 2

born0withno0soul
04-01-08, 3:06 am
I know most of you guys know the info for this event but it never hurts to repost it

Location and Time:

ABC Chapter: Colorado

Saturday, April 5, 11:00am

Colorado Pro Gym
1961 S. Havana St.
Aurora, CO 80014

Also bring money to eat at Brothers Barbeque
(303) 322-3289
6449 Leetsdale Drive • Denver, CO 80224

This plave is damn good so bring enough cash to take some home. Make sure you get the Memphis style. Coming from a kid who was raised in Memphis

born0withno0soul
04-01-08, 3:41 am
So far this is what i have:

armyofone
pain4life
graybull
cyrusthevirus
boonetang789
strokin

naturalguy
04-01-08, 7:15 am
So far this is what i have:

armyofone
pain4life
graybull
cyrusthevirus
boonetang789
strokin

Hit it hard fellas and take some great pics!

Boonetang789
04-01-08, 10:42 am
i understand better now and will be there. I am still down though for outdoor workouts once the weather gets better. You know take it back to how Arnold used to throw down.

pain4life
04-01-08, 12:45 pm
Boonetang789, I knew it wouldn't be long before you changed your mind :)

born0withno0soul
04-01-08, 12:47 pm
as much as i hate taking pictures i guess it is required of us, so who has a good camera?

pain4life
04-01-08, 1:04 pm
I have a camera I can bring!! I will also post the pictures on the website!

born0withno0soul
04-01-08, 1:08 pm
so what website do you use for psting pics on here? i have a scanner i just never use it and i plan on getting a digital camera soon

pain4life
04-01-08, 1:17 pm
There are numerous websites you can use. I usually use photobucket or snapfish! Both offer free service as long as you purchase pics during the year from the website.

GrayBull
04-01-08, 2:51 pm
Hit it hard fellas and take some great pics!

...that we will.

GrayBull
04-01-08, 2:53 pm
as much as i hate taking pictures i guess it is required of us, so who has a good camera?

I have one as well. Reckon the more the better...the extra space might allow us to take a few videos. I know how much you'd like that, born.