PDA

View Full Version : D.C./MD/VA Animals...

Pages : [1] 2 3

NPCKnight
10-24-07, 11:12 pm
I am in northern VA about 15 min outside of DC.

widdlewade44
11-03-07, 6:21 pm
Calling all the Maryland cats, I'm in Montgomery Co., specifically Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, etc.

Anybody up for throwing the iron around Animal style?

Kevin
widdlewade44

G Diesel
11-05-07, 10:12 am
Calling all the Maryland cats, I'm in Montgomery Co., specifically Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, etc.

Kevin
widdlewade44

There is a nice Gold's in Laurel, MD... Plus I know Powefreak knows of a few awesome gyms in the MD/DC area. I have family down that way, I think I might come out for this one if scheduling permits. Peace, G

Geek
11-05-07, 10:20 am
if there is something set up for the second weekend in 'december' i should be able to make it. it all depends on when the wife pops...

widdlewade44
11-05-07, 8:35 pm
There is a nice Gold's in Laurel, MD... Plus I know Powefreak knows of a few awesome gyms in the MD/DC area. I have family down that way, I think I might come out for this one if scheduling permits. Peace, G

we'll see what happens and keep posting here.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
11-05-07, 8:36 pm
if there is something set up for the second weekend in 'december' i should be able to make it. it all depends on when the wife pops...

Good luck with your growing family. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

carpediem300
11-06-07, 2:08 pm

Kevin
widdlewade44

Since the Gaith/Germantown area was mentioned in this thread... anyone aware of anything resembling a hardcore gym in this area? I know Laurel was mentioned but I am looking for something specific to this area ... Thanx ... Joe

Universal Rep
11-06-07, 2:11 pm
Gotta be some Animals in the D.C. area... Where are you fellas?

satanonthebeech
11-06-07, 2:18 pm
I didn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread....there are DC area Animals. I would be an honor to do work with any and all of you. I live in DC and haven't had much luck finding hardcore gyms in the area. I started a thread a few months back when I was looking for a new house of worship but it didn't really go anywhere and I ended up joining Gold's. The Gold's in southwest DC isn't bad, kinda small though. Let's keep this idea moving...

naturalguy
11-06-07, 3:22 pm
Depending on the date I may be in for this

Geek
11-06-07, 7:25 pm

i live about 4 hours south, in norfolk.

Good luck with your growing family. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

thanks bro

JMC
11-06-07, 7:42 pm
Good ole Monkey County! I used to be up there. I'll keep up with the dates, my brother lives in Alexandria....kind of shitty drive with traffic, but if I'm up there when something's going down, I'll be there.

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 8:28 pm
Since the Gaith/Germantown area was mentioned in this thread... anyone aware of anything resembling a hardcore gym in this area? I know Laurel was mentioned but I am looking for something specific to this area ... Thanx ... Joe

the most 'hard core' I can come up with is the intensity that you bring to the gym. But I am willing to search and see what turns up. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 8:30 pm
I didn't believe my eyes when I saw this thread....there are DC area Animals. I would be an honor to do work with any and all of you. I live in DC and haven't had much luck finding hardcore gyms in the area. I started a thread a few months back when I was looking for a new house of worship but it didn't really go anywhere and I ended up joining Gold's. The Gold's in southwest DC isn't bad, kinda small though. Let's keep this idea moving...

We're gonna find a 'home' and bring Animal style...nice to see we can get the DC/MD/VA Animals together. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 8:32 pm
Depending on the date I may be in for this

We'll see what turns up and keep the 'updates' in this thread.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Geek
11-06-07, 8:40 pm
i know its probably the furthest point away....but we have a powerhouse in norfolk....not that i can do the ground work from iraq.

NPC Chicka
11-06-07, 9:43 pm
Maryland "Animal" representin' right here.

Don't konw much about the southern part of the state, as far as gyms, but I know VA has some excellent training areas. DC you can pretty much forget about.

Not impressed by any of it.

NPC Chicka

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 9:45 pm

and represent this area properly!

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 9:49 pm
Maryland "Animal" representin' right here.

Don't konw much about the southern part of the state, as far as gyms, but I know VA has some excellent training areas. DC you can pretty much forget about.

Not impressed by any of it.

NPC Chicka

are you talking Northern VA regarding 'hard core' gyms?

Kevin
widdlewade44

JMC
11-06-07, 10:38 pm
the most 'hard core' I can come up with is the intensity that you bring to the gym. But I am willing to search and see what turns up. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

I know there used to be some real "underground" type places in/around Southeast...but you all know, better just to pass on that one...

widdlewade44
11-06-07, 10:41 pm
I know there used to be some real "underground" type places in/around Southeast...but you all know, better just to pass on that one...

SE DC can be 'spicy'. It could end up being really hard core.

Kevin
widdlewade44

satanonthebeech
11-15-07, 2:26 pm
any new news?

Geek
11-15-07, 11:49 pm
well, i found a gym that i intend to check out when i come home on leave. its in hampton roads. if you arent scared, maybe we can make a saturday morning out of it.
http://www.brutestrengthgym.com/

and just another 'possibly' neat site. all depends on how often it gets updated.
http://www.powerandstrength.com/

Powerfreak
11-16-07, 1:11 pm
There ain't shit for gyms in Maryland or D.C, not since Jimmy Vest had to shut down Brickhouse. There aren't any franchise gyms that are worth a fuck(Gold's,Powerhouse etc.)
The best bet will be the Training Center in New Castle,DE. This is a kick ass gym, lots off good equipment, Mono-lift and all. I have trainned there on a few occasions, and Al Fortney is also a regular, I believe Big Ant trains there on occasion also.
There is a sub/pizza shop right next door also.
Even better,at least for me, it is only about 15 min. from the house.

G Diesel
11-16-07, 1:29 pm
There ain't shit for gyms in Maryland or D.C, not since Jimmy Vest had to shut down Brickhouse. There aren't any franchise gyms that are worth a fuck(Gold's,Powerhouse etc.)
The best bet will be the Training Center in New Castle,DE. This is a kick ass gym, lots off good equipment, Mono-lift and all. I have trainned there on a few occasions, and Al Fortney is also a regular, I believe Big Ant trains there on occasion also.
There is a sub/pizza shop right next door also.
Even better,at least for me, it is only about 15 min. from the house.

Damn man... Too bad to hear about Brickhouse. I thought that place would be awesome for an ABC gathering. I definitely planned on putting something together for the house of Big Al in Delaware in January. Peace, G

Geek
11-22-07, 10:04 am
i am coming home the beginning of december. i think i can get my wife to buy off on letting me go train for a morning or afternoon, just not all day.

so on that note, there are 2 gyms that i know of in the Hampton Roads area that probably wouldnt mind us training there:
http://www.brutestrengthgym.com/ (never trained there, but looks cool)
and
http://www.powerhousegym.net/ (yeah, no issues with training here [i wouldnt think])

at this point a date is only a suggestion (im waiting for my wife to go in labor to come home), but i am thinking 08Dec, in the morning (9 or 10 ish) at one of the two gyms.

anyone down?

widdlewade44
11-22-07, 10:07 am
there's nothing 'hard core' that I've found; but I'm definitely interested in getting together to throw the iron around Animal style.

Your finds in Norfolk look solid...

Kevin
widdlewade44

billmd1334
11-23-07, 12:13 pm
I'm in the Frederick area, I'd definitely be down to hit a session with some animals if the dates match up correctly....

Geek
11-23-07, 11:26 pm
I'm in the Frederick area, I'd definitely be down to hit a session with some animals if the dates match up correctly....

well, what are your available weekends? anything in the beginning of december?

and that question goes for all of you in the area thats willing to travel to hampton roads.

naturalguy
11-24-07, 9:25 am
You guys can always plan something for January. It will give you more time to set something up and we have a lot of events already happening in December.

Geek
11-24-07, 9:44 am
You guys can always plan something for January. It will give you more time to set something up and we have a lot of events already happening in December.

thats true, but im only going to be home for 3 weeks in december, so i thought i would throw up a date i could make.

i know that december is a busy month for everyone, so i know that i wont be offended if this doesnt happen. i just wanted to get a date out there.

naturalguy
11-25-07, 9:45 am
thats true, but im only going to be home for 3 weeks in december, so i thought i would throw up a date i could make.

i know that december is a busy month for everyone, so i know that i wont be offended if this doesnt happen. i just wanted to get a date out there.

Have we been able to come up with a date yet that works for everyone?

Geek
11-25-07, 9:59 am
it doesnt sound like it.

Geek
11-26-07, 12:06 am
ok, i threw up a date on the VA thread about a session. i apologize about it being last minute, i know that this time of year everyone is busy...

the details
08 Dec
The Powerhouse Gym
http://www.powerhousegym.net/
1:00PM
Shoulders

and as a disclaimer for me, the only way im not showing up is if im still out of the country.

naturalguy
11-26-07, 7:58 am
ok, i threw up a date on the VA thread about a session. i apologize about it being last minute, i know that this time of year everyone is busy...

the details
08 Dec
The Powerhouse Gym
http://www.powerhousegym.net/
1:00PM
Shoulders

and as a disclaimer for me, the only way im not showing up is if im still out of the country.

Great.

Who's in?

satanonthebeech
11-29-07, 9:12 am
Wish i could be there, i'm sure it'll be heavy times and there's nothing i'd like more than to blast shoulders with some fellow animals, but i have to work that day. Anyone closer to the DC area up for scheduling something closer to the city? Norfolk is about a 3 hour drive for me and my schedule can be erratic so it's not easy to make it all the way down there. Let me know, and enjoy the powerhouse!

satanonthebeech
12-04-07, 12:19 pm
Got a pm from widdlewade......Who's up for a DC/NOVA/MD gathering. I usually workout at the Capitol Hill Gold's and the Greenbelt Gold's ain't bad either. Cap Hill's a little cramped for a large gathering. I think it'd be sweet if we could get at least 5 or so Animals together in the area. Who's up for it? I'm thinking tentatively the first weekend in January?

widdlewade44
12-05-07, 9:19 am
definitely a start. I PM'd billmd1334 also and he thinks he can get some bros together too. I know I can bring at least three bodies. So yeah, we're gonna get this together and properly represent DC/MD/VA ABC Animals!

It's truly awesome what a lot of the other chapters have gotten together, really inspirational gatherings. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

chanman83
12-13-07, 9:57 am
I'm down for anything northern va or southern MD. It's true there aren't many like hardcore gyms of sorts. I train at golds in annadale and I know the general manager personally so if there was ever a great amount of FREAKS that would want to do at there I can prob set it up. Anyway I hope there is one sometime down the road cause I"m there !

slainte151
12-13-07, 1:39 pm
theres a decent gym i go to...the former powerhouse in rosedale/essex in baltimore county. its still powerhouse now but it will be called something else due to owner buying out another gym but its still a good place. pretty big gym and some serious lifters in there....guys that compete in strongman and mma and world champion powerlifters in there so consider that one. its on kelso drive off of pulaski hwy (rt. 40) so its easily accessible. get this shit rollin!

Tiny
12-13-07, 1:40 pm
I'm in North East Maryland - very close to both Delaware and PA. I'm about 45 minutes to an hour from Baltimore (depending on traffic) straight up I-95. If you can get here, you can train with me and mine right here in my personal gym (fully equipped; mono-lift, Metal Militia Comp bench, plus everything else, seated leg curl, standing leg curl, lying leg curl, on and on, lots of weight, 100 lb plates, all you need). This IS hardcore - the real deal, Nothing fancy, nice and raw, two level concrete building, big sound system, Animal banners on the walls, wood burning stove for heat, pit bull for a mascot and the occasional sound of gunfire to help set the mood. WE GET IT DONE out here and any of you brothers are welcomed to drop in and join in. I realize this is probably a good ride for you guys asking about VA and DC. If anyone is close enough to Silver Spring, I used to train at an Olympus Gym there (it's better than the Golds also in Silver Spring). Man who owns it is named George and he's a real good dude, real good guy. It's a nice size, lots of equipment, and has its share of competitors training there. I was quite comfy doing my thing in there, so if it is still there, look it up and give them a hollar.

ironwolf
12-13-07, 4:20 pm
what is the name of the place where you train i live in baltimore always looking for a couple of animals to train with to push me to the next level. the only real hard core gym in baltimore is a place called nicks iron pit straight hardcore no bullshit just the sound of plates banging the f****ing concrete ya dig so iam down for anything when it come to training with brothers of iron.

Tiny
12-13-07, 4:53 pm
what is the name of the place where you train i live in baltimore always looking for a couple of animals to train with to push me to the next level. the only real hard core gym in baltimore is a place called nicks iron pit straight hardcore no bullshit just the sound of plates banging the f****ing concrete ya dig so iam down for anything when it come to training with brothers of iron.

It's my gym as in . . . mine. I have about 5 acres up here and when I had to close my commercial gym I put enough equipment in a building I have down from my house to serve as an underground, private spot for my buds and myself. It's pretty cool. I handpicked every piece when I first bought all of it. For what I need I'm better equipped than Golds.

ironwolf
12-13-07, 7:04 pm
i have been lookin for a place to train that takes me out of my environment different surrondings and just balls to the wall training no questions ask. would love to get out there and meet new people and train like a mad man.

widdlewade44
12-13-07, 7:26 pm
Are there dates in January that work for the DC/MD/VA Animals? How about January 12th or 19th? (Both are Saturdays) I'm definitely looking forward to meeting other members of the Legion and blasting the iron. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

ironwolf
12-13-07, 8:39 pm
wassup i can make it happen either date is cool for me lets do it. it is about time the md/va/dc area put together a gathering of fellow iron addicts and animals to sling some iron and have one hell of a time.

widdlewade44
12-13-07, 10:04 pm
I'm in North East Maryland - very close to both Delaware and PA. I'm about 45 minutes to an hour from Baltimore (depending on traffic) straight up I-95. If you can get here, you can train with me and mine right here in my personal gym (fully equipped; mono-lift, Metal Militia Comp bench, plus everything else, seated leg curl, standing leg curl, lying leg curl, on and on, lots of weight, 100 lb plates, all you need). This IS hardcore - the real deal, Nothing fancy, nice and raw, two level concrete building, big sound system, Animal banners on the walls, wood burning stove for heat, pit bull for a mascot and the occasional sound of gunfire to help set the mood. WE GET IT DONE out here and any of you brothers are welcomed to drop in and join in. I realize this is probably a good ride for you guys asking about VA and DC. If anyone is close enough to Silver Spring, I used to train at an Olympus Gym there (it's better than the Golds also in Silver Spring). Man who owns it is named George and he's a real good dude, real good guy. It's a nice size, lots of equipment, and has its share of competitors training there. I was quite comfy doing my thing in there, so if it is still there, look it up and give them a hollar.

we've definitely got to get up into your neck of the Maryland woods bro...and thanks for the Silver Spring gym.

We seem to be looking at the 12th or 19th of January...

Kevin
widdlewade44

carpediem300
12-14-07, 12:56 pm
we've definitely got to get up into your neck of the Maryland woods bro...and thanks for the Silver Spring gym.

We seem to be looking at the 12th or 19th of January...

Kevin
widdlewade44

I'll do what I can ... I'd love to hook up with anyone mid-February when I close out my smolov insanity with my final rep test.

Charisma
12-14-07, 3:05 pm

Where exactly are you located, I'm in Perry Hall but I'm in dire need of some animals to train with. Every last one of my partners bail out on me and I haven't been to the gym in about a month thanks to that shit, injuries and finals.

Tiny
12-14-07, 5:16 pm
Where exactly are you located, I'm in Perry Hall but I'm in dire need of some animals to train with. Every last one of my partners bail out on me and I haven't been to the gym in about a month thanks to that shit, injuries and finals.

Dude, we have a few Metal Militia brothers (MD chapter) that live in Baltimore and drive up here to train. For one thing, you can always come here and if you can't always come up, I can connect you with those guys, they are the real deal. I am in Cecil County - follow I-95 North to exit 100 and I am 5 miutes from there.

Josiah77
12-16-07, 9:25 am
whats up guys...I live in centreville, va (15 min. west of DC). I'm definitely in on this ABC thing. I can bring 3-4 guys with me too. I'm a friend of Guy Cisternino (who's good friends with Evan)...lets see if we can get a big group together and have an official ABC meeting.

widdlewade44
12-16-07, 9:50 pm
I'll do what I can ... I'd love to hook up with anyone mid-February when I close out my smolov insanity with my final rep test.

as an aside, how is Bally's? (for a ABC hook up?) Is it more soccer mom or does it have all the equipment needed for heavier sessions?

February will work too; I think this will roll out (with more frequent ABC's like the Chicago Chapter's) once we get the initial get together done.

I'm at RIO Sport & Health. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
12-16-07, 9:59 pm
whats up guys...I live in centreville, va (15 min. west of DC). I'm definitely in on this ABC thing. I can bring 3-4 guys with me too. I'm a friend of Guy Cisternino (who's good friends with Evan)...lets see if we can get a big group together and have an official ABC meeting.

Yeah, you're a stone's throw from me too (I'm in Rockville).

Make sure to have your bros sign up on the FORVM too; Intensity (one of the Watchmen) posted up a great point that the ABC's are trying to get the FORVM's membership numbers up also. So rather then saying "widdlewade44 + 1" it will be better to have yourself commit to an ABC event and then others commit too. We get together, destroy the iron, take pictures and have a great time!

So you mean Evan Centopani? A friend of the FORVM's Ox? That's great and either way we can get together and make the DC/MD/VA ABC Chapter heard! Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Charisma
12-16-07, 10:14 pm
Dude, we have a few Metal Militia brothers (MD chapter) that live in Baltimore and drive up here to train. For one thing, you can always come here and if you can't always come up, I can connect you with those guys, they are the real deal. I am in Cecil County - follow I-95 North to exit 100 and I am 5 miutes from there.

I may have to get in contact. How far are you from Cecil County dragway? I'm familiar with that, I go up there on Wednesday nights.

shardman77
12-19-07, 9:50 am
I'm in Fairfax, Va. I'd be able to meet up just about anytime. If anyone in Fairfax county would like to get together let me know. I'm pretty new to lifting so I could use any help someone would what to give. Thanks - Sam

satanonthebeech
12-19-07, 3:11 pm
I'm definitely in....sounds like this is really starting to come together. January or February?

widdlewade44
12-19-07, 7:05 pm
I'm in Fairfax, Va. I'd be able to meet up just about anytime. If anyone in Fairfax county would like to get together let me know. I'm pretty new to lifting so I could use any help someone would what to give. Thanks - Sam

and thanks for making the DC/MD/VA ABC Chapter's log your first FORVM post!

I'm in Rockville and yeah there are a lot of Animals around here...and we're working on throwing a session together. I have suggested Jan 12th or 19th which are both Saturdays.

As far as some help I would highly suggest getting your own copy of the AOM (Animal Owner's Manual) Here's a link:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/the_manual.cfm

Fill it out for your hard copy and download the pdf version. The AOM is awesome and a great place to start. Again, welcome aboard! Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
12-19-07, 7:09 pm
I'm definitely in....sounds like this is really starting to come together. January or February?

I have suggested Jan 12th or the 19th; just to offer something up. I figure it is enough time after the holidays and I know we're all looking forward to getting our inaugural Chapter ABC rolling...

Do either of those dates work for you?

Kevin
widdlewade44

geneticly elite
12-19-07, 9:10 pm
I live in Md silver spring, not much down here, but i wanna thro weights around in a "hard to da core" Atmosphere, u can count me in, but i dont kno any gyms to go to, i go to bally's
and it's shit, i want something dat hurts ma brains when im done working out

widdlewade44
12-19-07, 9:27 pm
I live in Md silver spring, not much down here, but i wanna thro weights around in a "hard to da core" Atmosphere, u can count me in, but i dont kno any gyms to go to, i go to bally's
and it's shit, i want something dat hurts ma brains when im done working out

Do either the 12th or 19th of January work for you?

And thanks for making your 1st FORVM post here in our Chapter of the Animal ABC. Welcome aboard, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

slainte151
12-20-07, 11:16 pm
Do either the 12th or 19th of January work for you?

And thanks for making your 1st FORVM post here in our Chapter of the Animal ABC. Welcome aboard, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

go for it. pick locations. i vote for powerhouse in essex, tiny's place, or ironwolf's place.

satanonthebeech
12-20-07, 11:49 pm
I vote January 12th....who's in and where we liftin'?

widdlewade44
12-20-07, 11:57 pm
I vote January 12th....who's in and where we liftin'?

I could do either day so the 12th works too...

I'm looking into a site(s); do you have a suggestion for a site?

We're going to get this together, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
12-20-07, 11:59 pm
go for it. pick locations. i vote for powerhouse in essex, tiny's place, or ironwolf's place.

I'm looking into sites; do you have connections with the Powerhouse in Essex?

Kevin
widdlewade44

Wolfe51884
12-22-07, 2:30 pm
Baltimore City in this bitch.

widdlewade44
12-22-07, 2:36 pm
Baltimore City in this bitch.

Do either the 12th or 19th of Jan work for you for an ABC gathering?

Kevin
widdlewade44

widdlewade44
12-22-07, 2:39 pm
regarding our Inaugural DC/MD/VA ABC gathering, I have 2 votes for the 12th and 1 possible vote for the 19th...

Kevin
widdlewade44

shardman77
12-22-07, 7:42 pm
I vote for the 12th. I'm looking forward to this. -

widdlewade44
12-23-07, 10:50 am
I vote for the 12th. I'm looking forward to this. -

that's 3 votes for the 12th.

Kevin
widdlewade44

satanonthebeech
12-23-07, 10:25 pm
This is coming along nicely...

carpediem300
12-25-07, 10:33 pm
This is coming along nicely...

Let me check what the kids got going on .... I think the 12th might be doable. Will follow up.

Joe

Tiny
12-26-07, 1:55 pm
I have a suggestion - if you guys can make it to my place, then you can make it o the Delaware ABC gathering at The Training Center. It is really not far from my house at all. I would vote to schedule a MD ABC for February at my place and set sights on making the January DE gathering in support of that too. We can still try to arrange a time and meet up at my place and go as a unit to the DE ABC. That way, everybody can check my spot out and if everyone is still game, then let's go for it. Unless I get my heating system fixed (and I probably will by then) all we have is the wood burning stove - hey, it works, I get my swole on just the same, but it isn't hella warm, to be certain.

ironwolf
12-27-07, 6:11 pm
iam all for wateva date 12 or 19 and going to the delaware meet is a go for me to. Lets just get it started and meet up at tinys wood burning stove sounds good to me damn the heating system wear a sweatshirt goin to be sweating our balls off anyway slinging that iron lets make it happen fellas

Grond Al-Ghoul
01-11-08, 2:33 pm
Any news/conformation for MD gathering?

McFly
01-14-08, 12:53 pm
my DC and MD animals i know a few of you can make the trip....

check out the DE ABC session on the 26th

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13058

XFACTOR
01-22-08, 9:47 am
In Alexandria, VA

adidas
01-31-08, 3:23 am
In Alexandria, VA

that were i am moving to this summer (june/july) time frame.

loks like i need ot keep an eye onthis thread.

slainte151
02-03-08, 10:29 pm
hey sorry widdlewade i missed your message on having connections to the powerhouse in essex. yea i do, good friend of the family, former powerlifter. not sure if you threw anything together yet. if not whats the update?

slainte151
02-13-08, 11:08 pm
It seems we've hit a wall. Get this going again. Central MD, place and date

CBNieboer
02-23-08, 5:15 am
I'm moving to DC in a couple months and I'm looking for a decent gym. Sounds like there's pretty slim pickin's in the DC/Maryland area, but I'll settle for anything that's not overpriced and fluffy. Just need some damned free weights... A squat rack would be nice, too.

The hardcore gyms in Delaware sound promising, but I can't afford to drive an hour or more each day. Need something close to home. If y'all know of anything that might fit the bill, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks!

slainte151
02-24-08, 12:36 pm
I'm moving to DC in a couple months and I'm looking for a decent gym. Sounds like there's pretty slim pickin's in the DC/Maryland area, but I'll settle for anything that's not overpriced and fluffy. Just need some damned free weights... A squat rack would be nice, too.

The hardcore gyms in Delaware sound promising, but I can't afford to drive an hour or more each day. Need something close to home. If y'all know of anything that might fit the bill, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks!

theres one in rockville and columbia, check powerliftingwatch.com and search hardcore gyms in the area. they might be decently close to you. also stayed tuned to this to see when our inaugural meet is whenever we get this thing rolling

Rock326
03-20-08, 3:38 am
I'm about 20 min. west of D.C. around Fairfax, VA.

G Diesel
03-20-08, 8:19 am
Let's get something going for Maryland this summer... I know there is a good Gold's in Laurel and ther ehave to be hardcore gyms in the B-More area. I'm willing to drive down for that one. I know Big Al, McFly and Tiny are all within striking distance and any of my brotherrs are willing to make a haul in support of the ABCs. No reason this shouldn't be a powerhouse chapter. C'mon fellas, let's do this. Peace, G

HoldFast
03-26-08, 9:58 am
Anyone in the Bmore area workout at the powerhouse in essex or golds in dundalk round here?

Enforcer
05-06-08, 8:41 am
I'm looking into sites; do you have connections with the Powerhouse in Essex?

Kevin
widdlewade44

Yo widdlewade- I tried to send you a Pm about the ABC's but you can't receive PM's. I'm looking to make you the coordinator for this reagion. What do you think?

widdlewade44
05-07-08, 11:20 am
Yo widdlewade- I tried to send you a Pm about the ABC's but you can't receive PM's. I'm looking to make you the coordinator for this reagion. What do you think?

Sure bro, definitely up for getting DC/MD/VA on the map. Would love to coordinate...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Enforcer
05-07-08, 11:29 am
Sure bro, definitely up for getting DC/MD/VA on the map. Would love to coordinate...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Good shit bro. I just PM'd u back.

Hoomgar
05-07-08, 4:05 pm
You guys set something up around DC I'll try to make it.

GorillaGenetics
05-07-08, 10:10 pm
my brother lives in ashburn im gonna be down there a lot this summer right by the dulles towncenter what good gyms could i visit in the area?

widdlewade44
05-07-08, 10:39 pm
my brother lives in ashburn im gonna be down there a lot this summer right by the dulles towncenter what good gyms could i visit in the area?

Nothing hardcore, but we're going to get our inaugural DC/MD/VA Chapter Meeting together.

Plenty of good gyms around; when are you coming down? I looking for a head count of interested people. I'm looking at the last 2 weeks of June (14th-30th)...

Kevin
widdlewade44

HoldFast
05-09-08, 9:29 pm
I'd be game for a workout. Should be back in the gym in a few weeks. Let me know if ya need any help widdle. What part of MD are ya in?

widdlewade44
05-11-08, 3:31 pm
I'd be game for a workout. Should be back in the gym in a few weeks. Let me know if ya need any help widdle. What part of MD are ya in?

I'm thinking about something in the last 2 weeks of June...

Kevin
widdlewade44

slainte151
05-14-08, 7:33 pm
Anyone in the Bmore area workout at the powerhouse in essex or golds in dundalk round here?

yea i work out at the powerhouse in essex, that would be a good place. some big boys up there.

slainte151
05-14-08, 7:34 pm
I'm thinking about something in the last 2 weeks of June...

Kevin
widdlewade44

last 2 weeks of june works for me. i vote for the powerhouse in essex, two of us already lift there.

Tiny
05-15-08, 6:34 pm
Back in the saddle and gunning for an inhuman amount of size in the next eight weeks (i figure that's all it will take to wake my body back up) after a fairly lengthy lay-off. I'm now training in the Baltimore/Towson area, so what more does it take? Isn't there one serious mother fucker who cares to join me? Come on along and let the big man show ya how it's done - "if" you really want it, then it doesn't get much better than this. I need a reliable, SERIOUS training partner. I don't give a fuck if you are already huge or if you're a 90 pound weakling - if you have the heart, then let's sling some iron. Young, old, doesn't matter. Reply here or pm me - whatever, just be ready to train.

Hoomgar
05-16-08, 12:56 pm
Back in the saddle and gunning for an inhuman amount of size in the next eight weeks (i figure that's all it will take to wake my body back up) after a fairly lengthy lay-off. I'm now training in the Baltimore/Towson area, so what more does it take? Isn't there one serious mother fucker who cares to join me? Come on along and let the big man show ya how it's done - "if" you really want it, then it doesn't get much better than this. I need a reliable, SERIOUS training partner. I don't give a fuck if you are already huge or if you're a 90 pound weakling - if you have the heart, then let's sling some iron. Young, old, doesn't matter. Reply here or pm me - whatever, just be ready to train.

I'm down for training with ya bro, anytime! Baltimore/Towson however is a bit of a barrier for me to do anything regular due to the freakin gas prices. If ya got a place north of where you live anywhere between us I'll make the commute! I am way beyond ready to get it done.

Tiny
05-17-08, 3:06 pm
I'm down for training with ya bro, anytime! Baltimore/Towson however is a bit of a barrier for me to do anything regular due to the freakin gas prices. If ya got a place north of where you live anywhere between us I'll make the commute! I am way beyond ready to get it done.

Hmmm - we'll definitely hook up and train sometime, bro, but right now I'm pretty tied to this area since my current/new schedule includes my combat and weight training around town. However, if I get back in that area soon I will let you know and we can plan something; likewise, if you're ever down this way . . .

I've got some hellacious partners down this way but right now "life" has their hands full - I'd love it if Ray or Brian could train regularly with me.

widdlewade44
05-17-08, 3:11 pm
last 2 weeks of june works for me. i vote for the powerhouse in essex, two of us already lift there.

So, you have some points of contact at the Powerhouse I could get a hold of? PM me if you do...

Tiny, have you been to this Powerhouse in Essex?

When I get some wheels available again I'm definitely down for throwing the iron with you...

Kevin
widdlewade44

slainte151
05-18-08, 8:43 pm

Hey man i go to school at TU and i train at powerhouse in essex, you can stop by there if you want to train at a decent gym. I got a crew to lift with but youre welcome to join us, if you want some decent competition from dedicated lifters. and about those pictures of powerhouse, i dont have any at the moment but im sure i can stop by and take some, ill talk to the owner about having it. ill try and get as much info as i can because im going to be away on vacation from the 29th to the 7th of june, so ill see what i can do before then.

Hoomgar
05-19-08, 11:55 am
Hmmm - we'll definitely hook up and train sometime, bro, but right now I'm pretty tied to this area since my current/new schedule includes my combat and weight training around town. However, if I get back in that area soon I will let you know and we can plan something; likewise, if you're ever down this way . . .

I've got some hellacious partners down this way but right now "life" has their hands full - I'd love it if Ray or Brian could train regularly with me.

Glad to hear your back into your program. Hit it hard brother!

Tiny
05-22-08, 5:39 pm
So, you have some points of contact at the Powerhouse I could get a hold of? PM me if you do...

Tiny, have you been to this Powerhouse in Essex?

When I get some wheels available again I'm definitely down for throwing the iron with you...

Kevin
widdlewade44

The owner is a good personal friend of mine, actually. Known him for a long, long time - go back probably 17 years or so. He's a damned good guy.

Tiny
05-22-08, 5:48 pm
Hey man i go to school at TU and i train at powerhouse in essex, you can stop by there if you want to train at a decent gym. I got a crew to lift with but youre welcome to join us, if you want some decent competition from dedicated lifters. and about those pictures of powerhouse, i dont have any at the moment but im sure i can stop by and take some, ill talk to the owner about having it. ill try and get as much info as i can because im going to be away on vacation from the 29th to the 7th of june, so ill see what i can do before then.

You're in my neighborhood - anybody who is anybody, we all know each other. I loved it at Fit-Tech - remember that place or is that before your time? Anyway, that gym was built and is owned by a friend of mine and if he decides he wants to hold an ABC there, I'll damned sure attend as it would be great to see him and any of the rest of my old school buds training there. But if that doesn't pan out, now that I am in the Towson area, I could get one of the Golds I train at to go for it.

widdlewade44
05-24-08, 3:07 pm
The owner is a good personal friend of mine, actually. Known him for a long, long time - go back probably 17 years or so. He's a damned good guy.

A small world huh, Tiny?

You're in my neighborhood - anybody who is anybody, we all know each other. I loved it at Fit-Tech - remember that place or is that before your time? Anyway, that gym was built and is owned by a friend of mine and if he decides he wants to hold an ABC there, I'll damned sure attend as it would be great to see him and any of the rest of my old school buds training there. But if that doesn't pan out, now that I am in the Towson area, I could get one of the Golds I train at to go for it.

Getting this beast closer to a true ABC gathering...

Kevin
widdlewade44

jim kelly
05-26-08, 9:59 am
Hey Bro's Im new to the forvm but not new to the weights we go way back...I usually train solo but always lookin to expand my knowledge as well as my size...I live in the Leesburg area. I would love to get down and lift with some ANIMALS.....

slainte151
05-26-08, 2:09 pm

Thats interesting because if you know Troy like that you might actually know my father, Tom. Him, Troy, and John Rallo all used to train together powerlifting. But i couldnt get over to powerhouse to talk to troy about a meet or take pictures, so Tiny, if you want to head over there and talk to him thats cool. Tell him Erik Legge is on board as well. Im actually going on vacation here in a couple days and cant get over there. If troy doesnt seem to be interested hit up that Gold's. I guess youre talking about the one in north point or dundalk.

slainte151
05-26-08, 2:10 pm

I know guys that used to train at fit-tech , but that was before my time. Yea talk to him, get this thing rolling. Other updates were in the post before this.

Tiny
05-27-08, 3:21 pm
I know guys that used to train at fit-tech , but that was before my time. Yea talk to him, get this thing rolling. Other updates were in the post before this.

Initially (if not still) he built that gym to serve a different crowd - hoping to target more of the fitness oriented folks. I have a surprise for you, most people who would pass themselves off as "bodybuilders" are assholes, and this is why a lot of places don't really want us in there. Don't get me wrong, I know lots of good people who are bodybuilders but I also know a lot of assholes who are bodybuilders. And nothing wrong with that; if someone wants to be an asshole, wtf it is a free country. Fit-Tech was a true animal house, no b.s. That, as far as I know, is not what he wants in his current place, and knowing that, I have too much respect for the guy then to ask him about it . . . because I already know. So unless he has changed his mind . . . I do have to stop down and visit sometime anyway because I seriously hope to train with those guys (not weights - fighting) but I am no where near ready yet. However, as I have said, up here in the Towson or Hunt Valley areas, I could probably get us in, just let me know.

slainte151
05-28-08, 12:53 am
Initially (if not still) he built that gym to serve a different crowd - hoping to target more of the fitness oriented folks. I have a surprise for you, most people who would pass themselves off as "bodybuilders" are assholes, and this is why a lot of places don't really want us in there. Don't get me wrong, I know lots of good people who are bodybuilders but I also know a lot of assholes who are bodybuilders. And nothing wrong with that; if someone wants to be an asshole, wtf it is a free country. Fit-Tech was a true animal house, no b.s. That, as far as I know, is not what he wants in his current place, and knowing that, I have too much respect for the guy then to ask him about it . . . because I already know. So unless he has changed his mind . . . I do have to stop down and visit sometime anyway because I seriously hope to train with those guys (not weights - fighting) but I am no where near ready yet. However, as I have said, up here in the Towson or Hunt Valley areas, I could probably get us in, just let me know.

Yea thats probably why he switched the name from powerhouse to elite fitness and wellness. although the guys that used to go there before the switch still call it powerhouse. theres some things you dont let go of. yea start asking in the towson/hunt valley area. yea if your looking for fighting go to ground control. www.groundcontrolbaltimore.com rallo is cool about it. so maybe last weeks of june? find a place.

Tiny
05-28-08, 4:06 pm
Yea thats probably why he switched the name from powerhouse to elite fitness and wellness. although the guys that used to go there before the switch still call it powerhouse. theres some things you dont let go of. yea start asking in the towson/hunt valley area. yea if your looking for fighting go to ground control. www.groundcontrolbaltimore.com rallo is cool about it. so maybe last weeks of june? find a place.

Alright, I'll speak with the owner of the three Golds I frequent here (same guys own all three) and see what can be planned. Thanks for the Ground Control plug - I don't need the link, like I said I know these cats and some of my best buds are there (some even have their weight training equipment there at John's).

slainte151
05-29-08, 9:40 am
Alright, I'll speak with the owner of the three Golds I frequent here (same guys own all three) and see what can be planned. Thanks for the Ground Control plug - I don't need the link, like I said I know these cats and some of my best buds are there (some even have their weight training equipment there at John's).

Yea all that weight training equipment is T.R.'s i think

widdlewade44
05-30-08, 4:09 pm
Hey Bro's Im new to the forvm but not new to the weights we go way back...I usually train solo but always lookin to expand my knowledge as well as my size...I live in the Leesburg area. I would love to get down and lift with some ANIMALS.....

Keep checking out this thread (as well as the other ABC Chapters) and you'll be able to lift with all sorts of Animals.

The DE and Philly crews really know their stuff and have had quite a few gatherings..again welcome, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

slainte151
06-07-08, 8:38 pm
Any word on those gyms in the Towson/Hunt Valley area?

slainte151
07-04-08, 2:29 am
alright guys we are gettin into july here... any word on this meet? also, if any of you are the california, md area and north east edge of virginia there is a powerlifting meet going on on the 19th if you want to stop by and watch my buddy tommy compete

IronFireman
07-28-08, 6:50 pm
So Im new to the Forvm but I know my way around the gym and I was wondering how I would go about getting into the ABC...Im currently in Iraq but Im from the Hagerstown MD area so if someone could hook me up and fill me in on what I need to do that would be awesome! Thanks guys!

slainte151
07-29-08, 8:40 pm
well widdlewade has to get things rolling here. someone was supposed to check out some gyms in the towson area.

Tiny
09-02-08, 8:33 pm
Yea all that weight training equipment is T.R.'s i think

Yes! Tommy is my motherfucking bro!! One of the baddest training vid clips I've ever seen show Tommy and I side spotting a guy flat bar benching (on the back of a flat bed semi no less) and the bar rolls out of the guy's hands and starts free falling toward his neck/chest area and Tommy and I both snatch the fucking bar right out of the air - no bullshit, caught right on tape. We were on the ball on that one.

Tiny
09-02-08, 8:44 pm
As far as what I might be able to hook up gym-wise for an ABC, well, life happens and I've been out of the picture for several months (but after nearly 2 decades WTF, time away ain't the end of the world), am just cranking back up now (yet, still in the new MuscleMag - have to throw that in because it's unexpected since I ain't done dick all year AND coolest part is I'm wearing Animal gear) but once I drop the hammer and am back in high gear, if nothing else is forthcoming, then no if ands or buts, I can hook the shit up.

pmug0000
09-02-08, 8:52 pm
As far as what I might be able to hook up gym-wise for an ABC, well, life happens and I've been out of the picture for several months (but after nearly 2 decades WTF, time away ain't the end of the world), am just cranking back up now (yet, still in the new MuscleMag - have to throw that in because it's unexpected since I ain't done dick all year AND coolest part is I'm wearing Animal gear) but once I drop the hammer and am back in high gear, if nothing else is forthcoming, then no if ands or buts, I can hook the shit up.

Which part of the area are training in now?

Tiny
09-02-08, 8:56 pm
Which part of the area are training in now?

I'm training in the Towson/Cockeysville/Carney areas.

pmug0000
09-02-08, 9:03 pm
I'm training in the Towson/Cockeysville/Carney areas.

Hmm not sure where that is, I don't think I can get there from the DC metro but if you get an ABC event going I'll make the trip.

Hoomgar
09-03-08, 3:36 pm
Yes! Tommy is my motherfucking bro!! One of the baddest training vid clips I've ever seen show Tommy and I side spotting a guy flat bar benching (on the back of a flat bed semi no less) and the bar rolls out of the guy's hands and starts free falling toward his neck/chest area and Tommy and I both snatch the fucking bar right out of the air - no bullshit, caught right on tape. We were on the ball on that one.

Good stuff right there Tiny!

If you get it going north enough I'll be down for sure too bro.

Hg

slainte151
09-18-08, 11:10 pm
yea anything you can get going would be good. see if you can get a place to agree to it, then well take a head count, and then try and set a date that works for most of everyone and the gym as well. ill be sure to mention it to tommy.

TheDarkHalf
09-30-08, 11:41 am
I live in VA and train at the Gold's Gym in Ballston. If anyone ever lifts there gimme a shout.

arsilva
11-05-08, 12:24 pm
univ of md here. hit me up if youre ever around

TheDarkHalf
11-05-08, 12:27 pm
univ of md here. hit me up if youre ever around

if you could get me into the gym out there I might be down to throw some weight around

GorillaGenetics
11-07-08, 12:01 am
im stayin with my brother over christmas break in ashburn he lifts at the sport and health in mclean it wasnt bad when i went there with him this summer but are there any better gyms in that area

TheDarkHalf
11-07-08, 9:38 am
im stayin with my brother over christmas break in ashburn he lifts at the sport and health in mclean it wasnt bad when i went there with him this summer but are there any better gyms in that area

I lift at Golds Gym in Ballston, VA and it's pretty legitimate. I get the student rate so it's only like 45 a month.

slainte151
11-25-08, 2:41 pm
Hmm not sure where that is, I don't think I can get there from the DC metro but if you get an ABC event going I'll make the trip.

if youre in the DC metro area youre only about 40 minutes away

TheDarkHalf
11-25-08, 3:01 pm
if youre in the DC metro area youre only about 40 minutes away

i'm in the DC metro area - I could always make something on a saturday or sunday

pmug0000
11-26-08, 11:34 am
i'm in the DC metro area - I could always make something on a saturday or sunday

Same. Let's get this shit going...

BrotherInArms
12-04-08, 10:20 pm
I travel back and forth to NoVa often 'cus I'm taking the police test in Fairfax County among others.. Is there a hardcore gym that is a stone's throw from Fairfax?

I'm looking for something dungeon-like, nothin' pretty..

Any help?

arsilva
12-10-08, 11:32 pm
Winter break from college in MD is coming. I've joined the Gold's in Charlestown, WV for my home gym, but I'd be down to take some trips around the area to see what's up with all the other DC area Animals.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 10:12 am
Winter break from college in MD is coming. I've joined the Gold's in Charlestown, WV for my home gym, but I'd be down to take some trips around the area to see what's up with all the other DC area Animals.

What's the policy on getting a non-student (i'm a student just not at MD obviously) into your gym? Like I said before i'd come out to throw some weight around on a sat. I'm at golds in Ballston, VA if you ever in that area.

arsilva
12-11-08, 12:05 pm
What's the policy on getting a non-student (i'm a student just not at MD obviously) into your gym? Like I said before i'd come out to throw some weight around on a sat. I'm at golds in Ballston, VA if you ever in that area.

man, completely missed your response before lol. i'm not really sure on the policy. I'll ask today and let you know. if i could get you in we could work something out for next semester. according to google maps, i'm about an hour and a half down 270 from the address of your gym, so i could probably work out a drive down there one day in january.

TheDarkHalf
12-11-08, 1:38 pm
man, completely missed your response before lol. i'm not really sure on the policy. I'll ask today and let you know. if i could get you in we could work something out for next semester. according to google maps, i'm about an hour and a half down 270 from the address of your gym, so i could probably work out a drive down there one day in january.

Cool man that'd be sick, both for lifting at MD and here at golds in Jan. I would just metro out to college park - might be able to get Pmug0000 to come along we live fairly close to each other.

Tiny
12-13-08, 12:58 pm
Cool man that'd be sick, both for lifting at MD and here at golds in Jan. I would just metro out to college park - might be able to get Pmug0000 to come along we live fairly close to each other.

I would come out to College Park to train at MD. I know someone else who goes there and he needs a training partner too - he is just starting out, basically. But if you cats can get into the gym at Maryland, get me in as well and I'll be there.

TheDarkHalf
12-13-08, 4:48 pm
I would come out to College Park to train at MD. I know someone else who goes there and he needs a training partner too - he is just starting out, basically. But if you cats can get into the gym at Maryland, get me in as well and I'll be there.

http://www.crs.umd.edu/rules/ru_rules.html

http://www.crs.umd.edu/members/ms_welcm.html

looks like there is a guest pass we can purchase for about 7 bucks and a UM student can sponsor one guest per day.

Maybe I could get arsilva to sponsor me for a saturday - We should think about doing this sometime after the new year

arsilva
12-13-08, 5:10 pm
yeah, i asked at customer service or w/e and she said it's 7 dollars, photo ID, and u gotta sign in or somethin, no biggie. Let's definitely get this going

TheDarkHalf
12-13-08, 8:57 pm
yeah, i asked at customer service or w/e and she said it's 7 dollars, photo ID, and u gotta sign in or somethin, no biggie. Let's definitely get this going

Sweet, I'd be down for doing this on a saturday anytime after the new year and when you are back at MD for the spring semester - if you could sponsor me that'd be sweet.

arsilva
12-13-08, 11:55 pm
Sweet, I'd be down for doing this on a saturday anytime after the new year and when you are back at MD for the spring semester - if you could sponsor me that'd be sweet.

yeah i got you, and i know i can find other people to get anyone else who came in..worst case scenario we get someone random to sign them in if need be

Tiny
12-14-08, 10:01 am
yeah i got you, and i know i can find other people to get anyone else who came in..worst case scenario we get someone random to sign them in if need be

Sounds like a plan - like I said, I'm good to go with this so let's make it happen after the New Year and prior to The Cage. I may bring McVicar (730 pound bench @ 198) or someone else, but probably Jeff (McVicar) with me so long as we have someone to sponsor us.

TheDarkHalf
12-14-08, 11:43 am
Sounds like a plan - like I said, I'm good to go with this so let's make it happen after the New Year and prior to The Cage. I may bring McVicar (730 pound bench @ 198) or someone else, but probably Jeff (McVicar) with me so long as we have someone to sponsor us.

sounds good to me, arsilva when do you start spring semester?

arsilva
12-14-08, 12:05 pm
sounds good to me, arsilva when do you start spring semester?

we usually start spring sem. at the end of jan...not sure on the exact date but it's usually around jan. 20th

and would we all want to wear iconic shirts? i'm gonna have to snag one if that's the case..i'll have "I pay my dues...." and "I'm not here to talk," but if everyone will be wearing iconic i'll get one

TheDarkHalf
12-14-08, 2:40 pm
we usually start spring sem. at the end of jan...not sure on the exact date but it's usually around jan. 20th

and would we all want to wear iconic shirts? i'm gonna have to snag one if that's the case..i'll have "I pay my dues...." and "I'm not here to talk," but if everyone will be wearing iconic i'll get one

I'll prolly be sporting my red iconic or "I'm not here to talk" - I guess we can shoot for this when you are back at school - last weekend of Jan? Jan 31st?

arsilva
12-14-08, 3:14 pm
I'll prolly be sporting my red iconic or "I'm not here to talk" - I guess we can shoot for this when you are back at school - last weekend of Jan? Jan 31st?

that works, we go back the 26th. january 31st work for Tiny?

Tiny
12-14-08, 4:44 pm
that works, we go back the 26th. january 31st work for Tiny?

Works great for me, shit, I'll be damned near 300 pounds - definitely wearin' Animal gear.

TheDarkHalf
12-14-08, 5:49 pm
Works great for me, shit, I'll be damned near 300 pounds - definitely wearin' Animal gear.

Haha and I thought I was feelin big at 230! Jan 31st it is then gentlemen, looking forward to this.

Arsilva you might have to hook it up on those passes in advance if the service desk where you buy them isn't open on a sat

arsilva
12-14-08, 8:15 pm
Haha and I thought I was feelin big at 230! Jan 31st it is then gentlemen, looking forward to this.

Arsilva you might have to hook it up on those passes in advance if the service desk where you buy them isn't open on a sat

yeah good call, i'll ask if they're open on weekends and if not ill try to get passes in advance.

230? 300? I'm not even at 2 bucks yet..

arsilva
12-14-08, 10:32 pm
Some possible places for the meal afterwards:
Applebee's (<1 min off campus)
Outback Steakhouse (~8 min off campus)

i've had the steak at both, and i actually preferred Applebee's, as did two of my friends.

I have a plethora of food allergies, so these are two that I can safely eat at "like a bodybuilder" and not be miserable by the end lol. those are the two i can think of right now, ill post other places if i can think of them

pmug0000
12-14-08, 11:50 pm
Shit I'm definitely down for this. About damn time we got something going...

arsilva
12-15-08, 1:21 am
Shit I'm definitely down for this. About damn time we got something going...

word. looks like it's on. i'll have to make sure i can either get all of you in or find people to get each one of you in though.

TheDarkHalf
12-15-08, 10:05 am
Some possible places for the meal afterwards:
Applebee's (<1 min off campus)
Outback Steakhouse (~8 min off campus)

i've had the steak at both, and i actually preferred Applebee's, as did two of my friends.

I have a plethora of food allergies, so these are two that I can safely eat at "like a bodybuilder" and not be miserable by the end lol. those are the two i can think of right now, ill post other places if i can think of them

I was planning on packing my own meals, but i'm down for going out to eat as well

slainte151
12-21-08, 7:40 pm
ok so it looks like a meet is set up. someone post the details
Date:
Time:
Where:
Reppin what gear:
Contact #:

TheDarkHalf
12-21-08, 7:48 pm
Date:Jan 31st
Time: TBA
Where: University of Maryland, College Park MD
Reppin what gear: Whatever you got
Contact #: Arsilva is the point of contact as he is the one that goes to school there

arsilva
12-21-08, 11:12 pm
One thing: it's one visitor to the gym per student, so for every person that decides to come, I'll have to get someone to come to the gym at exactly the same time, and hopefully i have enough pull with whoever is working the floor that those people can leave whenever they want and you all can be my responsibility.

also, are we still planning the event at thedarkhalf's gym before the 31st/ after new years?

TheDarkHalf
12-22-08, 9:51 am
One thing: it's one visitor to the gym per student, so for every person that decides to come, I'll have to get someone to come to the gym at exactly the same time, and hopefully i have enough pull with whoever is working the floor that those people can leave whenever they want and you all can be my responsibility.

also, are we still planning the event at thedarkhalf's gym before the 31st/ after new years?

I had no idea we were planning one at my gym! It's a golds and I think you'd all have to pay $15 to get in.

I'm on vacation till the 4th, and wouldn't be able to do it until at least the 10th or the 17th. Prolly better off just doing the one at college park on the 31st.

arsilva
12-22-08, 2:33 pm
I had no idea we were planning one at my gym! It's a golds and I think you'd all have to pay $15 to get in.

I'm on vacation till the 4th, and wouldn't be able to do it until at least the 10th or the 17th. Prolly better off just doing the one at college park on the 31st.

oh, i thought we had talked about your gym, as well. either way lol. sounds good though, we'll get a head count sometime mid-January so i can try to get enough people to let everyone in

arsilva
12-27-08, 8:24 pm
hey guys,
i am thinking about emailing the facility manager or a director or someone, to ask if I can get everyone in since it's a club. I'll explain that everyone is responsible and has respect for the gym facilities, and that we're representing a brand, and will act as such. Also, as an incentive for them to help us out, would you guys be cool with me offering for people to pay $10 as opposed to $7 so that they get something out of it?
let me know what you guys think
until then, stay on the grind

TheDarkHalf
12-28-08, 12:41 pm
hey guys,
i am thinking about emailing the facility manager or a director or someone, to ask if I can get everyone in since it's a club. I'll explain that everyone is responsible and has respect for the gym facilities, and that we're representing a brand, and will act as such. Also, as an incentive for them to help us out, would you guys be cool with me offering for people to pay $10 as opposed to $7 so that they get something out of it?
let me know what you guys think
until then, stay on the grind

That would be cool idea, and if it doesn't work out then we'll just have to follow the rulebook and have one student per guest. I wouldn't mind paying 10, i'm already gonna pay 7.

scals
12-29-08, 12:28 am
Any of you guys/girls in the Charlottesville area? I just graduated college and will be moving there full time.

widdlewade44
12-31-08, 9:46 pm
I'm a Alumni at U of MD College Park. So, I'm definitely down with the sickness.

Kevin
widdlewade44

TheDarkHalf
01-08-09, 1:02 pm
We still on pace for an ABC at College Park UMD on the 31st?

arsilva
01-08-09, 3:36 pm
Yeah, everything is a go as far as I know. The douchers at the rec center never got back to me about letting us all in without 1 guest per student, so unless something happens in the next couple weeks, we're doing it the old fashioned way.

I need a headcount, and a count of people who have someone to get them in so I know how many people I need to have lined up to get everyone into the gym.

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny (need confirm)
pmug0000(need confirm)
slainte151 (need confirm)

anyone else in?

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 3:47 pm
Yeah, everything is a go as far as I know. The douchers at the rec center never got back to me about letting us all in without 1 guest per student, so unless something happens in the next couple weeks, we're doing it the old fashioned way.

I need a headcount, and a count of people who have someone to get them in so I know how many people I need to have lined up to get everyone into the gym.

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny (need confirm)
pmug0000(need confirm)

anyone else in?

Can you post an address for this place please?

arsilva
01-08-09, 3:54 pm
Can you post an address for this place please?

Eppley Recreation Center, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 4:34 pm
Eppley Recreation Center, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742

Thanks. This is what I found using that info so I assume this is right?

Eppley Recreation Center
1115 Eppley Recreation Center, The University of Maryland
College Park, MD, 20742
(301) 226-4400

That is roughly 115 miles and a little over 2 hour drive for me if this is the right place? Can't find it on any map sites?

Hg

TheDarkHalf
01-08-09, 5:27 pm

Eppley Recreation Center
College Park, MD, 20742
(301) 226-4400

That is roughly 115 miles and a little over 2 hour drive for me if this is the right place? Can't find it on any map sites?

Hg

Yo if you can't find the university of maryland then you got problems son lololol that place is hugeeeee

arsilva
01-08-09, 8:35 pm

Eppley Recreation Center
College Park, MD, 20742
(301) 226-4400

Hg

yeah that's right. just find campus drive, college park, md on a map and that brings you to campus

arsilva
01-11-09, 12:22 am
bump

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny
pmug0000(need confirm)

Hg?

pmug0000
01-11-09, 4:10 pm
bump

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny
pmug0000(need confirm)

Hg?

OK count me in

TheDarkHalf
01-11-09, 4:35 pm
I'll train pretty much any thing but shoulders and traps on the 31st, cause i train those on fridays. Anybody have anything they want to train in particular?

arsilva
01-11-09, 5:07 pm
I'll train pretty much any thing but shoulders and traps on the 31st, cause i train those on fridays. Anybody have anything they want to train in particular?

I can change my split around to hit Deadlift/Heavy Back that day, anyone got anything else in mind, though? I'm down to change my split around, doesn't matter a whole lot to me to change it for a week.

OK count me in

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny
pmug0000

arsilva
01-11-09, 5:22 pm
unless, of course, a Legs day would be in order. lol

TheDarkHalf
01-11-09, 7:05 pm
unless, of course, a Legs day would be in order. lol

I would like to avoid legs, I work those on Monday and doubt I would have enough recovery time to hit them again. I would be down for arms, chest, or back.

arsilva
01-11-09, 7:24 pm
I would like to avoid legs, I work those on Monday and doubt I would have enough recovery time to hit them again. I would be down for arms, chest, or back.

How about Back, and I can deadlift with my shoulder/trap lift earlier in the week. my back days usually look something like this:

Widegrip Pullups: 3 sets of bodyweight
BB Row: 4 sets increasing weight
Close/Neutral Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets increasing weight
Lat Pulldowns or Machine Pulldowns or Other: 3 sets
Db Row: 3 sets
Finish off with a high Face Pull/Straight arm Pulldown Superset: 4 sets of 15reps each

If i'm feeling it, I'll add in another exercise for 2 or 3 sets

pmug0000
01-11-09, 8:36 pm
I usually work back on Sundays so I could easily switch up my schedule to hit back on Saturday. And I don't think we all need to have the same workout anyway.

arsilva are there power racks there to do some rack pulls? And how heavy do the DB's go?

arsilva
01-11-09, 8:44 pm
I usually work back on Sundays so I could easily switch up my schedule to hit back on Saturday. And I don't think we all need to have the same workout anyway.

arsilva are there power racks there to do some rack pulls? And how heavy do the DB's go?

There are 3 power racks, and the Db's only go to 100, unfortunately, but people can just go higher rep/do more BB work

pmug0000
01-11-09, 8:46 pm
There are 3 power racks, and the Db's only go to 100, unfortunately, but people can just go higher rep/do more BB work

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of hitting back.

arsilva
01-11-09, 8:48 pm
good deal, Back it is.

as a side note, i'm going to LOVE the look on peoples' faces when Tiny walks into the gym.

arsilva
01-11-09, 8:49 pm
Oh, and, any thoughts on a time? gym is open from like 8am-10pm i think. I generally prefer late afternoon/evening lifts, but anything works for me.

pmug0000
01-11-09, 8:53 pm
Oh, and, any thoughts on a time? gym is open from like 8am-10pm i think. I generally prefer late afternoon/evening lifts, but anything works for me.

I like the idea of setting it up for the evening. I sleep in late on weekends and it'll take me a while to get out there anyway.

arsilva
01-11-09, 9:10 pm
I like the idea of setting it up for the evening. I sleep in late on weekends and it'll take me a while to get out there anyway.

ditto on sleeping late, though i'll probably decide not to go out on friday night in prep for the lift saturday. let's see what everyone else thinks

TheDarkHalf
01-11-09, 11:31 pm

ditto on sleeping late, though i'll probably decide not to go out on friday night in prep for the lift saturday. let's see what everyone else thinks

Lets go early afternoon say 2pm or 3pm. I sleep in late on the weekends as well, but there is no reason we shouldn't all be able to make it there around that time.

Hoomgar
01-12-09, 1:17 pm
bump

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny
pmug0000(need confirm)

Hg?

I want to come fellas. Got some stuff going on right around then so I wont commit until I know I can. I'll let you know before hand if so.

Hg

TheDarkHalf
01-12-09, 1:22 pm
I think Tiny mentioned he was coming with someone else, so you might want to put a plus one next to his name. Actually I haven't seen the big guy post in a while, I hope he's still interested in going!

arsilva
01-12-09, 1:33 pm
I think Tiny mentioned he was coming with someone else, so you might want to put a plus one next to his name. Actually I haven't seen the big guy post in a while, I hope he's still interested in going!

Tiny had said on numerous occasions that he was definitely coming, so we'll operate on that assumption unless he says otherwise.

Official Headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny+1
pmug0000
Hg (probably)

pmug0000
01-12-09, 5:55 pm
Lets go early afternoon say 2pm or 3pm. I sleep in late on the weekends as well, but there is no reason we shouldn't all be able to make it there around that time.

TBH that sounds pretty early to me, I'd rather later. But if that's what everyone else wants it's ok with me.

Agreed, I would be so disappointed if Tiny doesn't go.

TheDarkHalf
01-12-09, 11:08 pm
TBH that sounds pretty early to me, I'd rather later. But if that's what everyone else wants it's ok with me.

Think about it though, by the time we actually get there and get everyone in and organized, lift, and then eat afterward you're starting to stretch that very late into the evening. That and I would like to be able to do something with my saturday night.

Arsilva - anyway you can grab pmug and I from the metro station? I've walked from the metro to the bars and that wasn't bad, but I recall taking the car from the bar to campus....might be a lengthy walk from the metro.

arsilva
01-13-09, 1:34 am
Think about it though, by the time we actually get there and get everyone in and organized, lift, and then eat afterward you're starting to stretch that very late into the evening. That and I would like to be able to do something with my saturday night.

Arsilva - anyway you can grab pmug and I from the metro station? I've walked from the metro to the bars and that wasn't bad, but I recall taking the car from the bar to campus....might be a lengthy walk from the metro.

good point with the eating afterwards, i had forgotten. say we lift at 3, everyone's done by 5 at the latest, eating by 6, out at 7:15 or a little past. it's true that lifting later would put everyone in CP pretty late.

and not a problem at all on getting you guys from the metro

TheDarkHalf
01-13-09, 10:07 am
good point with the eating afterwards, i had forgotten. say we lift at 3, everyone's done by 5 at the latest, eating by 6, out at 7:15 or a little past. it's true that lifting later would put everyone in CP pretty late.

Awesome man, sounds good to me. So lets plan on meeting at 3 at your gym. I'll be at the metro station at 2:30/45ish depending on the schedule of the metro.

pmug0000
01-13-09, 3:15 pm

Awesome man, sounds good to me. So lets plan on meeting at 3 at your gym. I'll be at the metro station at 2:30/45ish depending on the schedule of the metro.

OK works for me. Still awaiting word from Tiny...............

TheDarkHalf
01-13-09, 8:20 pm
OK works for me. Still awaiting word from Tiny...............

He's done another disappearing act

widdlewade44
01-20-09, 12:04 pm
3 PM works better for me.

Kevin
widdlewade44

On Letting Go
01-20-09, 12:28 pm
Hey brothers, i never noticed this thread. Im from the Annapolis area.

OLG

arsilva
01-20-09, 12:35 pm

OLG

you in for the 31st at UMD bro?

widdlewade44
01-20-09, 12:37 pm

OLG

This should be a great session.

Kevin
widdlewade44

pmug0000
01-20-09, 1:02 pm
I told one of my buddies at the gym (who's not a member on the forum) about this and he wants to come along. He may or may not actually end up coming, but if he does is that alright?

widdlewade44
01-20-09, 1:48 pm
I told one of my buddies at the gym (who's not a member on the forum) about this and he wants to come along. He may or may not actually end up coming, but if he does is that alright?

Just include him as a +1 next to your name so the head count is as up to date as possible.

Kevin
widdlewade44

On Letting Go
01-20-09, 2:57 pm
you in for the 31st at UMD bro?

I have a friend that i lift with who goes to UMD, i'll talk to him tomorrow and see if he wants to join. That way he can be my ticket in, since im not a student there. I'll get back to you.

So its January 31st at 3pm? And we're training back?

OLG

arsilva
01-20-09, 2:58 pm
I have a friend that i lift with who goes to UMD, i'll talk to him tomorrow and see if he wants to join. That way he can be my ticket in, since im not a student there.

I'll get back to you.

OLG

sounds good man. and if your friend knows someone else who can help us get someone in as well, thatd be alot of help.

On Letting Go
01-21-09, 7:56 am
So, turns out my buddy goes to UMBC not college park. He and I are still interested in coming, if we can find a way in. Let me know.

OLG

TheDarkHalf
01-21-09, 10:19 am
So the updated head count i'm looking at is...

arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
Tiny +1 (need confirmation)
pmug0000 +1
slainte151 (need confirmation)
Hg (probably - TBA)
On Letting Go +1

On Letting Go
01-21-09, 12:07 pm
So how do you plan to get all these people in that are not students?

TheDarkHalf
01-21-09, 1:09 pm
So how do you plan to get all these people in that are not students?

The way it works is you have to get a student from the school to sponsor a non-student, and the non-student has to pay 7 bucks to get in. Arsilva is a student at UMD, so he's taking care of us on that end

arsilva
01-21-09, 8:27 pm
looks like i got my work cut out for me finding enough people to get everyone in

pmug0000
01-21-09, 11:13 pm
looks like i got my work cut out for me finding enough people to get everyone in

Or we could do it the old fashioned way let ourselves in by force. We're ANIMALS right?? j/k
Have you asked the gym employees if they'll make an exception for us? That would be fucked up if we go and don't find enough people to get us all in.

TheDarkHalf
01-21-09, 11:19 pm

Well lets set up a cut off date - if those people that haven't confirmed by friday the 31st - then they can plan on being counted out. I don't want you have to scramble last minute or anything.

arsilva
01-22-09, 12:18 am
Well lets set up a cut off date - if those people that haven't confirmed by friday the 31st - then they can plan on being counted out. I don't want you have to scramble last minute or anything.

i'll assume u meant the 30th, and yeah, i'll say that everyone has to have responded by midnight on the 29th, so Friday is the last day i'll have to look for people, and if you respond after that, you're on your own.

TheDarkHalf
01-22-09, 12:32 am
i'll assume u meant the 30th, and yeah, i'll say that everyone has to have responded by midnight on the 29th, so Friday is the last day i'll have to look for people, and if you respond after that, you're on your own.

Haha yea my bad bro I definitely meant the 30th

slainte151
01-26-09, 3:10 am
I will NOT be attending. sorry guys too far to make it back to work in time. next time when its closer i will.

arsilva
01-26-09, 9:13 am
I will NOT be attending. sorry guys too far to make it back to work in time. next time when its closer i will.

alright bro, sorry you won't make it out.

Updated headcount:
arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
pmug0000 +1
Hg (probably - TBA)
On Letting Go +1

paintrain69
01-26-09, 8:00 pm
hey what's up fellas...new to the northern va area bout 3 min. outside of d.c....im in the military got stationed here and been looking for some brothers of the gridiron to meet up with and do what we do best...im a lil rusty because been doing training...but i still got quite a bit from where i left off...if that's cool with you guys...if not i can make another date if it's too late...

arsilva
01-26-09, 8:23 pm
hey what's up fellas...new to the northern va area bout 3 min. outside of d.c....im in the military got stationed here and been looking for some brothers of the gridiron to meet up with and do what we do best...im a lil rusty because been doing training...but i still got quite a bit from where i left off...if that's cool with you guys...if not i can make another date if it's too late...

you're more than welcome to come train at UMD bro. I'm just working on finding people to get everyone in. i have 5 people so far including myself.

AGAIN: cutoff to rsvp for this is Thursday night at midnight

paintrain69
01-26-09, 8:30 pm
thanks bro...now what date and time and all that or do you not have one yet...because i gotta weird schedule because im military...

arsilva
01-26-09, 8:36 pm
this saturday 3pm

pmug0000
01-26-09, 11:20 pm
It's looking unlikely that it I'll be bringing someone along, it'll prob just be me.

arsilva
01-26-09, 11:26 pm
Updated headcount: i'm going to put who of my friends will be there to let guys in so i know how many people i need

arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf - covered by arsilva
widdlewade44 - covered by corey
pmug0000 - covered by ed
Hg (probably - TBA)
On Letting Go +1 - covered by dox and sam
paintrain69

so i def need 1 more person, maybe up to 4 more depending on Tiny and Hg

TheDarkHalf
01-27-09, 10:09 am
Updated headcount: i'm going to put who of my friends will be there to let guys in so i know how many people i need

arsilva (student)
pmug0000 - covered by ed
Hg (probably - TBA)
paintrain69

so i def need 1 more person, maybe up to 4 more depending on Tiny and Hg

Don't forget about pmug, he had a +1 by his name

pmug0000
01-27-09, 10:38 am
Don't forget about pmug, he had a +1 by his name

I don't think he's coming anymore

Hoomgar
01-27-09, 1:04 pm
I'm also out fellas. I really wanted to make it down to this one and meet some of your guys but I have to work Saturday. I'm going to make Jersey Next weekend though if anyone is going to that one too?

You guys hold it down in DC man. Have a great workout and an awesome ABC! Be sure to get out for some good grub after the ABC. It makes the day complete.

Hg

arsilva
01-27-09, 3:33 pm
I'm also out fellas. I really wanted to make it down to this one and meet some of your guys but I have to work Saturday. I'm going to make Jersey Next weekend though if anyone is going to that one too?

You guys hold it down in DC man. Have a great workout and an awesome ABC! Be sure to get out for some good grub after the ABC. It makes the day complete.

Hg

def disappointed you can't make it bro

now, as for the updated headcount:

arsilva (student)
pmug0000 - covered by ed
paintrain69

Now, i just got a PM from a FORVM guy who says he goes to UMD as well, so we may have one or two more students to get guys in

pmug0000
01-27-09, 6:35 pm

Hg

Damn that's too bad, hopefully you can make it to one in the future

Hoomgar
01-28-09, 10:48 am
I plan to brothers. I wanted this one but was informed that I must work a full shift this Saturday. It happens once a month and this is my week this month. Looking forward to the next one.

Tear it up guys...

Hg

paintrain69
01-28-09, 5:10 pm
hey brothers...i can't make it gotta work at the pentagon this sat...sry fellas...tear it the fuck up though...and let me know when you guys are throwing another one...try to give it a big days advance and ill arrange to where i can make the next one...thanks fellas...and show all those others that's gonna be in the gym how ANIMALS do work...

arsilva
01-28-09, 5:39 pm
hey brothers...i can't make it gotta work at the pentagon this sat...sry fellas...tear it the fuck up though...and let me know when you guys are throwing another one...try to give it a big days advance and ill arrange to where i can make the next one...thanks fellas...and show all those others that's gonna be in the gym how ANIMALS do work...

we'll def be lettin everyone know man.

Updated headcount:

arsilva (student)
pmug0000 - covered by ed

On Letting Go
01-29-09, 11:52 am
MONEY. Cant wait to meet everyone.

OLG

TheDarkHalf
01-29-09, 1:58 pm
Yo Arsilva,

what's the 411 on shuttle running to and from campus at the metro stop? If they are some going back and forth you won't really need to come get us, unless you want to opt to do so.

arsilva
01-29-09, 10:09 pm
Yo Arsilva,

what's the 411 on shuttle running to and from campus at the metro stop? If they are some going back and forth you won't really need to come get us, unless you want to opt to do so.

it'll be easier if i just come get you guys. so we can be sure to be there on time.

pmug0000
01-29-09, 11:40 pm
Is someone gonna bring a camera? It would be pretty sweet to get some video too

widdlewade44
01-29-09, 11:41 pm
I'm in and looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

arsilva
01-30-09, 1:48 am
I'm in and looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

great to hear from you bro.

So, being that it's past midnight on Thursday, Tiny has missed the confirm time. Of course, he's more than welcome to come, but if there aren't enough umd students to let him +1 in, then he'll have to find his own method of getting in.

Official Headcount:

arsilva (student)
pmug0000 - covered by ed

TheDarkHalf
01-30-09, 10:41 am
it'll be easier if i just come get you guys. so we can be sure to be there on time.

That's cool man i'll be at the CP metro at 2:40

Is someone gonna bring a camera? It would be pretty sweet to get some video too

I cab bring mine but it's just a digital camera, it shoots video but takes up a lot of space on the camera. It does compress the video very well either, a 1 min vid is like 100mb+

arsilva
01-30-09, 10:47 am

I cab bring mine but it's just a digital camera, it shoots video but takes up a lot of space on the camera. It does compress the video very well either, a 1 min vid is like 100mb+

depending on timing today, my dad has a HD video camera. he lives an hour and 20 away, but i'll see if i can hook that up. other than that, i have a digital camera as well

pmug0000
01-30-09, 12:36 pm

I'll make sure to get on that train too.

Unfortunately my lower back is feeling way overtrained from working back and legs too close together this week, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna be able to do tomorrow. I was hoping to do some heavy rack pulls but I'm not sure if I'll be able to anything that puts a lot of stress on my lower back. I'll still be there and do what I can though.

arsilva
01-30-09, 12:39 pm
I'll make sure to get on that train too.

Unfortunately my lower back is feeling way overtrained from working back and legs too close together this week, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna be able to do tomorrow. I was hoping to do some heavy rack pulls but I'm not sure if I'll be able to anything that puts a lot of stress on my lower back. I'll still be there and do what I can though.

whenever i can't DL or Rack Pull because of lower back, i really like to do some heavy supported-chest t-bar rows. takes the lower back right out of it

pmug0000
01-30-09, 12:47 pm
whenever i can't DL or Rack Pull because of lower back, i really like to do some heavy supported-chest t-bar rows. takes the lower back right out of it

Oh yeah I know there will be plenty I can do, I'm still keeping my hopes up that my back will get better though. I know if I'm able to do rack pulls I'll get some good PR's with the added motivation of being at an abc

arsilva
01-30-09, 2:46 pm
Oh yeah I know there will be plenty I can do, I'm still keeping my hopes up that my back will get better though. I know if I'm able to do rack pulls I'll get some good PR's with the added motivation of being at an abc

nice. i rack pulled 585x3 for traps on wednesday, otherwise i'd def be down for rack pulls tomorrow

Sidawi
01-30-09, 8:11 pm
also 15 min from DC , Andrews afb

arsilva
01-30-09, 9:13 pm
also 15 min from DC , Andrews afb

come down if you want bro, we could see if we could get someone to get you in. but like was said before, i can't actively look for more people right now.

arsilva
01-31-09, 1:08 am
Official Headcount:

arsilva (student)
TheDarkHalf
widdlewade44
pmug0000
On Letting Go +1

There will be a student for each non-student.

I'll be getting TheDarkHalf and pmug at the metro at 2:40, we'll be in the gym lobby by 3. Everyone will meet there, and we'll all go in together. Those of you who are driving to the rec center, there is metered parking in front, or you can park in the large parking lot next to the rec center, "Lot 2g" i think it is. read the signs, it should say you can park without a permit on weekends.

Our best bet for food after the lift is Applebee's.

Other than that, I can't fuckin wait. let's go get it

On Letting Go
01-31-09, 9:40 am
Dammit guys, i was bombarded with school work on thursday night. Thought i'd be able to get most of it done and make it up to the meet, but shit just didnt work out. Im gonna have to go my local gym today, just to save myself some time. Sorry Animals. I FUCKING HATE letting people down.

Next time.

OnLettingGo

arsilva
01-31-09, 6:41 pm
Great event fellas. I'll get the videos and pics i have up asap

Hoomgar
01-31-09, 6:44 pm

Excellent! Glad you fellas had a great time. I'm still at work LOL!

Looking forward to the videos man.

Hg

arsilva
02-01-09, 1:47 am
here are the three vids on my camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HWY8eYePs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhloN3GvOQ

there's one more processing right now of thedarkhalf. no videos of myself, unfortunately.

pmug0000
02-01-09, 12:40 pm

I agree, it was good meeting everyone and I got in a solid workout hitting a couple pr's on rack pulls. I'm looking forward to the next one!

here are the three vids on my camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HWY8eYePs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhloN3GvOQ

there's one more processing right now of thedarkhalf. no videos of myself, unfortunately.

Ew I look fat as hell lol
We forgot to get a group pic, we should try to remember that next time

arsilva
02-01-09, 1:15 pm
So when's the next one? let's get some new people in here, too, so we can work out a date that works for more people

wesleyfootball36
02-01-09, 9:02 pm
Fellas i go to umd so if you wana lift in erc anytime let me know and we can do it, im in there every day during the week around 5 would be good to lift with some hardcore guys im solo right now and am lacking a much needed spotter hope to hear from you peace

TheDarkHalf
02-01-09, 9:16 pm
Yo guys glad you all enjoyed the event, it was cool getting to meet some other members of the forvm and do some work.

arsilva
02-02-09, 12:56 am
Fellas i go to umd so if you wana lift in erc anytime let me know and we can do it, im in there every day during the week around 5 would be good to lift with some hardcore guys im solo right now and am lacking a much needed spotter hope to hear from you peace

im there every day like 6 30. 6 is the earliest i can go. i've prob seen you there. PM me if u have facebook and ill hit you up

arsilva
02-06-09, 3:44 pm
ok fellas, when's the next one, and at whose gym? wesleyfootball36 and I have been liftin together, and we gotta come out for another ABC.