PDA

View Full Version : Parties

barischeg
11-11-07, 12:42 am
as i type these words im sippin on water, as clear as the dreams that i set my sights on and nothin there to blurr my vision. its 12:28 am, just walked back to my apartment from another party where everyone is totally wasted and obnoxious. I stood there for an hour sipping on fuckin water as i stared down the ppl, and the one thought goin through my mind countless times "i dont belong here". leaving with one only choice; to leave.

i cant count how many times my fuckin roommate bitched at me there for not drinking, and not having fun.. i been told that i dont like having fun, fuck that I do like having fun, just not in the form of sipping on shitty beer in some random dudes apartment in the midst of bunch of fuckin drunks is not my definition of so called "FUN".

I sit in my apartment all alone, just like the way i started this in the first place. Im here because of lifting and it is the reason why i type these words cuz if it wasnt there for me take my anger out i wouldnt be alive. About 3 years ago my brother committed suicide and the whole family was a wreck broke and fallen apart all i had was a gym membership and the clothes on my back. Slept at bunch family friends houses for a month and i walked to the gym everyday after school to unleash that animal inside and that is the reasen why im still standing and not in the fuckin ground.

yes, ur probbly saying that u got it easy as fuck and man the fuck up. And u guys are probly right there is probly million ppeople out there got iyt million times harder but i just needed to get this off my chest. im know its a long post but whatever. stay strong stay animal...

Iron_Spirit
11-11-07, 1:04 am
Very real... its that kind of stuff that's supposed to be easy to live through because there's people dying of hunger, or under this horrible circumstance and whatnot; and the logic: "if they can survive it so should you", and honestly to that logic I say: "Fuck that."

You and I may not have to fight a war or hunger, but we have to fight ourselves, and like many say here... we are our own worst enemy. We suffer too, there's difficulties we have to overcome every day, there's responsiblities we have to take on aswell. The guy dying of hunger NEEDS to find something to eat everyday. We NEED just as much to take on bigger challenges everyday, and honestly I suffer everytime I see myself failing or without enough time to overcome, and I'm not talking just about weightlifting, I'm talking about every aspect of our lives.

We may not die out of hunger, but some of us do die, not of hunger necessarily... even I thought about suicide at one point, started to think about just giving up. There's so many more that fall to many other bad habits and addictions.

Don't let anyone tell you your challenges are easy, or that they have it so much harder than you. Challenges and difficulties are relative, and we have it just as hard as anyone out there trying to be better. Ignore fuckers telling you how easy it is what you do... fuck them. Be an Animal with pride and show them how far you can go.

I'll be there with you, you're not alone there... like Machine said: "When you feel like puking and the pressure of the weight on your back is so strong that people talking to you sound like a fucking cartoon... remember I feel that shit too."

I feel ya man... lets take on this fucker now. Let them throw everything and anything at us, we'll take it and throw it back at them.

bigbull52
11-11-07, 1:40 am
as i type these words im sippin on water, as clear as the dreams that i set my sights on and nothin there to blurr my vision. its 12:28 am, just walked back to my apartment from another party where everyone is totally wasted and obnoxious. I stood there for an hour sipping on fuckin water as i stared down the ppl, and the one thought goin through my mind countless times "i dont belong here". leaving with one only choice; to leave.

i cant count how many times my fuckin roommate bitched at me there for not drinking, and not having fun.. i been told that i dont like having fun, fuck that I do like having fun, just not in the form of sipping on shitty beer in some random dudes apartment in the midst of bunch of fuckin drunks is not my definition of so called "FUN".

I sit in my apartment all alone, just like the way i started this in the first place. Im here because of lifting and it is the reason why i type these words cuz if it wasnt there for me take my anger out i wouldnt be alive. About 3 years ago my brother committed suicide and the whole family was a wreck broke and fallen apart all i had was a gym membership and the clothes on my back. Slept at bunch family friends houses for a month and i walked to the gym everyday after school to unleash that animal inside and that is the reasen why im still standing and not in the fuckin ground.

yes, ur probbly saying that u got it easy as fuck and man the fuck up. And u guys are probly right there is probly million ppeople out there got iyt million times harder but i just needed to get this off my chest. im know its a long post but whatever. stay strong stay animal...

Fuck that man, your being real... Don't worry about how hard everybody else has got it..That's real shit and what u need, to you..hell to anybody that's hard shit...you an animal, Don't put whatever, when I spill my heart over this computer I feel lifted, gifted, shifted into a different direction... You do the same my brother..Stay Strong and Stay hungry..Bull

simpleguy
11-11-07, 6:05 am
I hear ya bro... I thought this was gonna be a thread where someone is bitching and complaining that because of bodybuilding they can't go to a party, but I'm glad you proved me wrong... I'm dedicated to this game but every once in a while I go to a party (although I make sure to bring a shake or some bars with me)... but I understand you very well my brother, I don't see anything funny in getting drunk or other stuff like that

bobbymart
11-11-07, 8:53 am
I go to partie's and to bars all of the time I just don't drink I play pool or dart's or socialize people understand if they don't I don't wan't to be around them so....abra cadabra im not around them good choices though man stay strong.

ChandlerXJ
11-11-07, 9:17 am
Baris. You know me, and you know me well enough to know that I always carry a shake with me on the RARE occasion that I go out. That night with me, you and Adambomb was a defining moment man. We were literally there standing together, drinking water and protein.

I don't even get why you go out that much man. I know it's good to meet people, but I haven't met very many people this year who even remotely are even close to yours or adam's level - not in the gym, but as a person.

It's hard getting respect when you don't drink - but misery likes company and everyone wants you to join in. I'm glad you don't man - I respect you 10,000 times more man. You're a really cool guy and I enjoy seeing you at the gym - you train hard as fuck man. I'd say you're one of the more dedicated at the gym.

Things will fall into place soon man, I wouldn't let it all get to you. Not drinking is NOT hard. But I can understand the annoyance of getting shit for it. All you need to do is prove to them that this is who you are.

Fuck man, I'll be 20 on Saturday, and you better believe I'll be at the gym. And you better believe everyone is gonna try to get me to drink on Saturday. Why would they do this? Who the fuck knows! But they'll be pretty disappointed when I say 'Fuck off'.

I got some pretty big goals for this year man - I'm sure you do to.

Maybe next year one of the goals should be for the 3 of us to get a place or something and make it the bodybuilding mecca/ house / apartment of living.

Have a good one man, it's sunday, so I'll probably see you at the gym.

Chandler

Fury317
11-11-07, 10:09 am
Hey man, I know what youre feeling. Im a college student adn ALL of my friends ask me every weekedn to come to the parties adn buy beer and get wasted. And everytime its naw man Im kinda tired from the gym or Nah I dont feel well. I go on occasion but, like you said, it doesnt feel right. I feel like I should be home eating or sleeping. Now Im all for having a good time, but it seems like it youre not in this particular lifestyle, theres a difference between the fun I have versus the fun they have. I love sitting around bullshitting watching some sports and eating some good food. Not going to a stupid ass frat party where the only thing to put in your mouth is beer, and shitty beer at that. And thats the thing, back home I have two bodybuilding buddies that I chill with all the time. We cook out big ass steaks, toss the football and just chill. But at school I can never find that with anyone. Anyways, stay strong bro, stick to your goals, and dont fall in with the crowd....it seems like youre not going to anytime soon. Proud of you man.

barischeg
11-11-07, 4:16 pm
thanks for the responses and the support, makes me very glad to be part of this brotherhood...

Preston
11-11-07, 4:32 pm
There isn't anything saying that you can't go to a party (not get trashed) and not have an amazing time! I go to clubs/parties/VIP events all the time in Chicago and I don't get wasted or do anything I shouldn't do. The only thing that I let effect me is the atmosphere and the people around me. It's the people you hang around you that can make or break your night. So those people who call you a pussy-ass-bitch for not drinking...are really bastards and don't accept your own personal decision. Since that is what it is...it's a personal decision that must be respected. Just like when someone says "No." They don't subliminally mean "yes,". No is no and that's the end.

Keep up with the good life bro, because in all honesty, that's what you're livin. :)

alecto42
11-11-07, 4:43 pm
its basically as easy as this, you live life once.. You might as well do the things that YOU as an individual enjoy, and if anyone has a problem with that well tough shit... Only people that should have an impact on the way you live is your family, and i'd be suprised if you told me your mom and dad have a party with a keg every weekend and get trashed.....

Putting it that way, make sure you do something you've always wanted to do, because once it pasts... well it's gone. Enjoy what we have been given.

Me on the other hand enjoy going out, having a few beers, and socializing. It works for me and everyone is different. (contest time is a different story though).

born0withno0soul
11-11-07, 4:48 pm
i agree with alecto. whatever it is that means having a good time for you, do it. dont let anyone stop you. but dont put anyone else down because they are doing what they want to do like drinking. i used to drink regularly and always had some kind of drug on me. it was horrible on my body, but i had some great times and memories as well. now i love lifting and i have done a bodybuilding competition. came in 10th out of 16. not too great but it was a great experience and i will be ready next summer. i still like to go with friends and family on sundays and eat out and drink beer while watching the nfl. im bulking so it does not effect me

live and let live

alecto42
11-11-07, 5:36 pm
i agree with alecto. whatever it is that means having a good time for you, do it. dont let anyone stop you. but dont put anyone else down because they are doing what they want to do like drinking. i used to drink regularly and always had some kind of drug on me. it was horrible on my body, but i had some great times and memories as well. now i love lifting and i have done a bodybuilding competition. came in 10th out of 16. not too great but it was a great experience and i will be ready next summer. i still like to go with friends and family on sundays and eat out and drink beer while watching the nfl. im bulking so it does not effect me

live and let live

couldnt have said it any better...

and one thing you can say which i constantly say anytime i'm offered drugs, or cig's:

Dont ask me to start and i wont ask you to quit.

eDub
11-11-07, 7:12 pm
baris i'm right there with you bro. a lot of the times i feel outcasted at parties as well, and i usually think to myself, "why the fuck am i here right now." don't get me wrong, i'll get my drink on every once in awhile, but for the most part, i think the kids living those party lifestyles are a waste of space.

Nephilim
11-19-07, 4:47 am
its a life apethany (spelling) it happens, most of the times parties are just that.

aussie bulk
11-19-07, 7:50 pm
Mate, just remember to smile.

Don't outcast yourself from a group; if they're drunk, good luck to them. If you don't want to grab a drink with them so be it.

Me? I'll have a beer, just because I'm Australian and well........ it's kind of the way! Nah, seriously, don't let this bitter shit weigh you down dude, move on

GoldieLocks
11-19-07, 10:44 pm
Growing up, the only thing to do in my town after High School was to go down to the old BIKER'S bar, play pool and drink beer...I did this for a few years, and when I started to Forge my path behind dumbbells, you think i got any support from my so-called friends?
Yeah right. I took my party nights down to weekends only, and when you met up with your bud's...what was going on with them since last week? hell....NOTHING....same story week after week...You think any of them gave me encouragement or support? No! They gave me such SHIT after i would walk in looking better an healthier...did any of them show up to my first Contest? whatever....

The day I left all those Jerks sitting on the bar stools was one of the best discisions i ever made. And you think after all this time any of them in my hometown even recognize me...nope....I even heard about the loss of 2 of the friends in that circle to drunk driving and drug overdose.

Stand Strong. You are not alone. Be good to yourself and you will reap the rewards.

I also lost a family member to suicide. One of my favorite Aunties...My heart is with you.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
11-19-07, 10:48 pm
way to keep strong man...and i agree about the parties...that's why i dont go to them...

i fuckin play water pong not beer pong lol

BeastFromMiddleEast
11-19-07, 11:50 pm
Best thing to do on rest is to relax.

Let your muscles grow, lay down on the couch, watch some TV, better yet buy a Wii and have some fun. (If you are crazy like me, you can switch sides of the Wii controller to the other hand to have symmetrical Wii arm strength)

Don't worry your not alone, I fell what you feel, and I don't bother dealing with the Frat parties and the massive amounts of alcohol.

Stay strong.

ralf_snake
11-22-07, 7:38 pm

We are truly the same, you and I.
Ive been confronted by girls from when i went to school. And they wanted sex with me for being muscled and bodybuilding not 1 actually cared about me. But since not long ive really getting to understand what True Love is through the bible.
I dont like all this stuff of party's and having sex before mariage as so called fun.

I am happy with the destiny that is encoded into my very genes. Many might see it as lame or perhaps even nerdy and pathetic, but heh Jesus was the same, and he was the best man ever!

Glad im not alone.

ironjim87
11-22-07, 9:55 pm
Amen to that brothers. Stay strong.

Malloy1344
11-22-07, 11:02 pm
I'm not a drinker myself either.....I'll occasionally have a glass of wine during the holidays, or sometimes at night to settle myself down, but other than that, my friends do the same with me......The funny thing is, according to them, WE are the losers.....for NOT getting trashed and making an ass out of ourselves..

norrim1
11-29-07, 2:46 am
In vain of the whole 'tough' guy image that I thought this site stood for, I'm beginning to see one too many pathetic and misinformed pussies wandering about.

I must give you props for presenting us, with what I can only describe as, a deceiving post. Ya see, at first I thought you were just going to be another self-proclaimed 'enlightener' with your inspirational line "as clear as the dreams that i set my sights on and nothing there to burr my vision", but then you decided to switch things up on us. You proceeded to change the whole premise of the post into bitching about your roommate (who has a solid point) and how you don't think drinking with people is fun. But you don't even stop there! You then turn a 180 and unleash your secret weapon: A pathetic attempt at a cry for help addressed by your brother.

Let's get a few things straight:

1.) It's fine to have fun and let loose sometimes
2.) It's fine to drink sometimes
3.) Your brother is not the reason you're such a fucking loser. This one's on you, pal.

It seems to me like you are staying in, not because of your brother, but because you think you are making some kind of point to the rest of us. Here's a reality check: Noone gives a shit if you stay in or not, and no, you aren't making any more gains if you decide to stay in (all alone) on that Saturday night. And don't give me that "I don't belong here" bullshit. Stop being all high and mighty, attempting to defy your socialable human nature. If you don't like the parties at your college I'm more than sure any socialable asshole at your school can recommend somewhere to go to at least TALK to people (nevermind getting laid; you have a long way to go for that)

In closing: Go out, and have fun. Depression and stress stunt muscle growth, both of which you seemingly have.

You are WAY out of line in the tone that your taking this post. The member that started this thread in no way said anything to warrant this type of treatment. You are in clear violation of the Forum rules and I suggest you read up on the rules my friend or you will be banned from the Forum.

Toni69
11-29-07, 4:04 am
In vain of the whole 'tough' guy image that I thought this site stood for, I'm beginning to see one too many pathetic and misinformed pussies wandering about.

I must give you props for presenting us, with what I can only describe as, a deceiving post. Ya see, at first I thought you were just going to be another self-proclaimed 'enlightener' with your inspirational line "as clear as the dreams that i set my sights on and nothing there to burr my vision", but then you decided to switch things up on us. You proceeded to change the whole premise of the post into bitching about your roommate (who has a solid point) and how you don't think drinking with people is fun. But you don't even stop there! You then turn a 180 and unleash your secret weapon: A pathetic attempt at a cry for help addressed by your brother.

Let's get a few things straight:

1.) It's fine to have fun and let loose sometimes
2.) It's fine to drink sometimes
3.) Your brother is not the reason you're such a fucking loser. This one's on you, pal.

It seems to me like you are staying in, not because of your brother, but because you think you are making some kind of point to the rest of us. Here's a reality check: Noone gives a shit if you stay in or not, and no, you aren't making any more gains if you decide to stay in (all alone) on that Saturday night. And don't give me that "I don't belong here" bullshit. Stop being all high and mighty, attempting to defy your socialable human nature. If you don't like the parties at your college I'm more than sure any socialable asshole at your school can recommend somewhere to go to at least TALK to people (nevermind getting laid; you have a long way to go for that)

In closing: Go out, and have fun. Depression and stress stunt muscle growth, both of which you seemingly have.

So, you felt the need to post this response for what reason? To knock a fellow member cause of how he is feeling? This forum is focused on our training and our lifestyles as to how it impacts others that are around us and how we just fare day to day. Everyone here shares the same shit at some point or another and we confide in one another as brothers and sisters of iron.

Your post here is forseen as being judgemental, arrogant, dam too cocky and way out of line son. Im giving you a warning on behalf of our watchmen and respected members..our family! Posts such as these will not be tolerated by anyone here....especially me.

Consider yourself being forewarned and perhaps you should read through our rules and regs before making such inappropriate posts. Actually, you can start right here...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=8683&highlight=Listen

Respect

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 8:54 am
ouch!!! hahah Granted he is half right but the half wrong isnt cool....I get what you are saying but alittle tact next time would get your point accross alittle smoother

BAD ASS MARTIN
11-29-07, 9:01 am
You are WAY out of line in the tone that your taking this post. The member that started this thread in no way said anything to warrant this type of treatment. You are in clear violation of the Forum rules and I suggest you read up on the rules my friend or you will be banned from the Forum.

I think she is keepin' it REAL I would want someone to tell it like it is....

She told it like it is...

Personally I don't see any type of threat or mistreatment. This is a hardcore place to be...

B.A.M.

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 9:11 am
IT FINALLY BEEN SAID!....this isnt really the place for all this but every time I see some one make a valid point, sugguestion.... against someone here the rules get brought up...take it on the chin and we are all "grown ups" ...if you are a beast in the gym be a beast on the boards too!! if you are going to get upset at what someone says here tell them....STAND UP for yourself dont let the rules someone else made protect your feelings

Now granted that dude that has been running around talking up a shit storm is wrong YES but let the watchmen take care of it the rules are up you dont need to keep throwning the rules around...if they break them ban them..dont post it up for every thread that is what the bull shit section is for......

Sorry for the rant but I just getting alittle frustraited

ghost
11-29-07, 9:12 am
IT FINALLY BEEN SAID!....this isnt really the place for all this but every time I see some one make a valid point, sugguestion.... against someone here the rules get brought up...take it on the chin and we are all "grown ups" ...if you are a beast in the gym be a beast on the boards too!! if you are going to get upset at what someone says here tell them....STAND UP for yourself dont let the rules someone else made protect your feelings

Now granted that dude that has been running around talking up a shit storm is wrong YES but let the watchmen take care of it the rules are up you dont need to keep throwning the rules around...if they break them ban them..dont post it up for every thread that is what the bull shit section is for......

Sorry for the rant but I just getting alittle frustraited

it has been taken care of...first thing this morning.

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 9:26 am
Cool......but do you understand what I was getting at?

ghost
11-29-07, 9:29 am
Cool......but do you understand what I was getting at?

of course i do. people are too fucking soft. they hide behind rules and regulations to protect them. I, and all of the other watchmen, are here to enforce the rules. :)

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 9:30 am
Cool thanks!!! I didnt want to feel like to odd one out here...hahah

BAD ASS MARTIN
11-29-07, 9:39 am
Everyone is entitled to their opinion if we like it or not.

We all are heavy duty hardcore people with the same mind frame. The forum is not the place to have pissing matches and talk a big game. Our forum is the only forum out that is hardcore and raw. A place to kick knowledge with other Animals. Remember one thing....
We are all on the same team let's act like it and respect each other and keep the hardcore spirit in the forum. We are all leaders here.

"Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems."

B.A.M.

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 9:48 am
sounds like a plan......

back to topic now?

I party sometimes I drink sometimes I dont if I drive nope but if the wife does game on....
Its about life liberty and the pursuit of happiness...I love training, The sport of bodybuilding...but I also know where to draw the line not all my buddies do but they respect my choices dont and dont give me shit...so in return if they are going out or having something at the house...I will go out of my way to come..if that means lifting earlier than usual fine...

I look at it this way my wife and friends dont really care to watch umm lets say ronnie colemans dvds but if they are on they watch them...provied input and ask questions they accomodate to me....no if I am out and my wife wants to get some wine or my buddies by me a shot or a beer cool too...I accomidate to them....Its finding a a happy medium....

OF COURSE IF YOU ARE IN CONTEST PREP I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT MAYBE A GLAIATOR OR A PRO CAN PROVIDE SOME IMPUT

LegendKillerJosh
11-29-07, 9:58 pm
of course i do. people are too fucking soft. they hide behind rules and regulations to protect them. I, and all of the other watchmen, are here to enforce the rules. :)

Tell them Crotty. People are always taking posts the wrong way.

barischeg
11-29-07, 10:33 pm
wow is all i can say, and im not even gonna respond...

and dont bring up my brother again... thanks

ItsallDelusion
11-30-07, 2:24 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion if we like it or not.

We all are heavy duty hardcore people with the same mind frame. The forum is not the place to have pissing matches and talk a big game. Our forum is the only forum out that is hardcore and raw. A place to kick knowledge with other Animals. Remember one thing....
We are all on the same team let's act like it and respect each other and keep the hardcore spirit in the forum. We are all leaders here.

"Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems."

B.A.M.

little constructive criticism wont hurt. if the watchmen delete every post that criticizes someone that there is no freedom of speech. its like communism.

ItsallDelusion
11-30-07, 2:27 pm
wow is all i can say, and im not even gonna respond...

and dont bring up my brother again... thanks

listen bro, you are the one that brought your bro up. what was the point of bringing it up in the first place if you are so sensitive about it? u seemed like a strong guy, which makes me think that u should be able to deal with some criticism...

Young&Hungry
11-30-07, 2:44 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=229792&postcount=36

ItsallDelusion
11-30-07, 2:55 pm

his place is not for chest thumpers or bellowers. It's not for you to prove how tough you are. If someone in your gym annoys you, ignore it. If someone here irritates you, move on. It's also not the place for you to vent or whine about how hard life is. Life is fucking hard. Yeah, so get over it. Complaining ain't gonna get you anywhere. If you want to vent, do it elsewhere, or take it to PMs, but don't clutter up The Forvm with it.

stumblin54
11-30-07, 2:59 pm
Everyone on this thread needs to calm down and swallow their pride for once. We all understand the opinions presented here, which is fine because we should all speak our minds, but any more than that is just running in circles. If you don't agree with what's here already there are thousands of other posts to go read and be intrigued by. Respect yourselves and each other.

Stumblin

jeff00z28
11-30-07, 3:03 pm
I go to a party about once a month or so usually just an important one like a friends birthday party or something but the school I go to is not a party school at all, neither is my work. But when i do go to those parties is just to hang out which most students who work don't get to do often and I usually end up drinking more waters and protein bars than beers. I think bars are a lot more fun but the same thing there basicall for every beer i have i have a water and munch on protein bars

jeff00z28
11-30-07, 3:24 pm
also in reguards to the O.P., I used to have social anxiety about stuff and then I started to realize that although i avoided going to social stuff on purpose i realized that my hate for htem was more because down deep i wanted to join them. Id suggest trying out some of the parties. Heck I used to hate weightlifting and called them "meatheads" then one day i realized that deep down i wanted to be one of them.

barischeg
11-30-07, 4:48 pm
I aint even gonna bother anymore, this shit is pointless...

Roland
11-30-07, 5:15 pm
I think she is keepin' it REAL I would want someone to tell it like it is....

She told it like it is...

Personally I don't see any type of threat or mistreatment. This is a hardcore place to be...

B.A.M.

How is it hardcore when we all know how stupid those frat parties are...kids wasting their lives away, and and the person in the other post is telling him to go and do it. I personally feel the same...If I go to a stupid party, all i see is people smoking weed, getting piss drunk, that is no fun. And you are telling him to go and have a few drinks? How is that hardcore? I mean it's cool if you go out once in a while with some friends to a dinner/movie/ or something like that and get a drink...but that's not what the point was here. He was talking about the life wasters at his school. Going out to parties like that is really no fun and I agree with him; when I go to parties like that, I really feel that I don't belong there either. That lifestyle and our lifestyle doesn't click. People like that only get in your way; and all I hear all night is "you're gay man, why don't you drink with us, what's wrong with you?" That is what HE is talking about, if you didn't get his post.

We should be helping each other out here since we live this lifestyle...not start some smart ass fucking posts about it. Clearly, there will always be someone on a forum that will try to stand out and be the TOUGH GUY and post stuff that doesn't agree with everyone else. We just have to ignore these types of people.

How is it a hardcore place to be when you are disrespecting the fellow Animals and breaking the rules just because you wanna be a smart ass--trying to act like you know it all--cocky attitude ? Read the rules before posting, this IS a hardcore community of true lifters that support each other. If you wanna be a smart ass go and get your " wanna be hardcore tough guy " posts out on another forum. Lately I have been seeing a bunch of cocky kids coming on the forvm and trying to act tough even though they are not; and i think that these kinds of people don't belong here and should be denied access. We need to keep this forvm clean, because it's not as it used to be when I first signed up on here....hardcore is not being a total asshole and acting tough guys...
Nobody said you can't express your feelings, but it doesn't have to be the total asshole, arrogant way, think before you post.

ItsallDelusion
12-01-07, 5:33 pm

well if u started the thread u need to back it up now. why r u runnin away when it gets tought?? is this how u r in real life and at the gym>=??

barischeg
12-02-07, 12:12 am
well if u started the thread u need to back it up now. why r u runnin away when it gets tought?? is this how u r in real life and at the gym>=??

haha, u want me to speak my mind cuz it wont be pretty thats why im keepin my thoughts to myself.. but fuck it ill lay it down..

first of all half the fuckin theads that are started include the main concept of "help me, i cant go to the gym" . these little bitches, complain and bitch about how they cant get to the gym, blah blah, dont have time or they are losing the desire to to go.. most of the replies they get is of that "come on man pick urself up and go to the gym" so it is so pointless of some people to gimme shit about starting this thread. also isnt this what we are, 99.9% of the world dont do what we do, none of them understands what we go through and when i come to this place to lay down my thoughts, i thought u guys would understand, but i guess there is too many fuckin bitches that spend too much fuckin time on the computer screen bitchin and trying to act tough infront of it.. if these people went to the gym and put the same effort they put into bitching at people they would be growing. Take it as u like it.

I did not start this thread to ask for any help, my reason was that of that i dont fit in with the rest of the crowd of my age.. and it just pisses me the fuck off when people go at me for bullshit reasons.

Iron_Spirit
12-02-07, 1:54 am
I barely drink at all. Yeah, I get bored at many parties, although I do "try to have fun". But I'll be honest with you. I'm a man. I'm single and I like women, and it so happens they're at parties or night clubs. So if I have to put up with some 'aquaintances' in order to hook up, I do it, hahaha, that's why I like parties. But every now and then, I have a good time hanging around too; and THAT is the truth.

damitramit
12-02-07, 2:01 am
Man i havent had a drink in a while!!! i want to wait till new years! :/ whats an ok drink to drink from occasion to occasion? beer?liquor? what about budweiser select? haha :/

RogueLion
12-02-07, 2:09 am
Stay strong bro. Lift, drink your water/shake, eat, fuck, eat, lift, work, fuck. Thats my life. Add in school, and minus the shake(I don't like shakes, I work at a restaurant, buckets of chicken!) Other than that my friend, thats my life. I used to party, but its so pointless, I like having a good time,true, but with a few friends, maybe a bbq, or a movie. I'm lowkey, not a lot of people have my respect. I guess what I'm saying is, instead of getting pissed/ostrasized at a party, just chill with a few friends, eat a nice meal, go to the gym.

I lift friday nights, alone in the gym, which is packed on a monday night. Ya dig?

jeff00z28
12-02-07, 2:53 am
I barely drink at all. Yeah, I get bored at many parties, although I do "try to have fun". But I'll be honest with you. I'm a man. I'm single and I like women, and it so happens they're at parties or night clubs. So if I have to put up with some 'aquaintances' in order to hook up, I do it, hahaha, that's why I like parties. But every now and then, I have a good time hanging around too; and THAT is the truth.

thats the main reason i go to parties,bars etc. People say ur not "hardcore" if u like to go to a party or w/e but theyre all in serious relationships and forget that other people who arent have a whole other part of life to think about and a need that they must get

ItsallDelusion
12-02-07, 3:23 am
haha, u want me to speak my mind cuz it wont be pretty thats why im keepin my thoughts to myself.. but fuck it ill lay it down..

first of all half the fuckin theads that are started include the main concept of "help me, i cant go to the gym" . these little bitches, complain and bitch about how they cant get to the gym, blah blah, dont have time or they are losing the desire to to go.. most of the replies they get is of that "come on man pick urself up and go to the gym" so it is so pointless of some people to gimme shit about starting this thread. also isnt this what we are, 99.9% of the world dont do what we do, none of them understands what we go through and when i come to this place to lay down my thoughts, i thought u guys would understand, but i guess there is too many fuckin bitches that spend too much fuckin time on the computer screen bitchin and trying to act tough infront of it.. if these people went to the gym and put the same effort they put into bitching at people they would be growing. Take it as u like it.

I did not start this thread to ask for any help, my reason was that of that i dont fit in with the rest of the crowd of my age.. and it just pisses me the fuck off when people go at me for bullshit reasons.

if u r talkin about me bro, and spendim time on the comp. look at how many posts u made and ur thread started wit u sayin its 12 28 am and u were on the computer. so i duno who spends time on the comp and not growin.

Toni69
12-02-07, 5:48 am
Let's see if we can turn this thread around before it gets closed because this can be a decent thread if we stay on topic...sorta. When I made my post here, it wasnt cause I had a problem with the "idea" the poster in question..(haha) was trying to convey. It was HOW it was written and HOW it came across. I am fine with disagreements and agreeing to disagree...however there should be proper tact involved...a respectful, decent arguement is fine. Its when you start making calls or comments that are deemed as rude and inappropriate, that others are going to take what you said and twist it around to make it seem a lot worse. So I cant stress enough, please re-read your post before saving it and think about how you put your thoughts into words.

Rules and regs are put forth here for a reason, if we didnt have them..this forum would look like all those other bullshit forums on the net...this place is different and we want to keep it that way.

As for parties, Im no spring chicken...I been there done that throughout my life. I do like an occasional party now and then to unwind, whether I throw them myself or go out..whatever I feel like really. Im not much of a drinker and personally I dont need drinks to have a good time or shake my ass on the dance floor with some cuties...LOL

Like anything else, all in moderation. I train 3 hours a day, 6 days a week..I am usually too tired to unwind at a party these days I would rather be at home relaxing...even chatting here among friends and acquaintences....since the topic of numbers of posts per member came up...:)

barischeg
12-02-07, 12:40 pm
if u r talkin about me bro, and spendim time on the comp. look at how many posts u made and ur thread started wit u sayin its 12 28 am and u were on the computer. so i duno who spends time on the comp and not growin.

nah man wasnt talkin about anyone specific, i made an overall comment..

EXUB
12-02-07, 10:28 pm
when I usually go out I take my gallon with me. So while my friends are drinking beers and liquor etc im hitting my gallon. So as I joke I always say hit gallons.

LegendKillerJosh
12-03-07, 12:08 am
I think anyone who says they don't like to go to a party and have some beers with their friends is a big LIAR. Who wouldn't want to do that? It is ok to avoid drinking because it interferes with your goals, I try to as well. But to say you don't like going out with your friends it total bullshit. If you don't like to have some beers with your friends, then those people you are around are probably not your friends. Like I said, I try to drink as sparingly as possible, but I would never try to say I don't like parties.

LegendKillerJosh
12-03-07, 12:10 am
Also one last comment from me, I think the controversy in these posts is great. Look how many replies it's getting, and how many people are pouring their heart out saying how they feel. As long as no one gets threatened or made fun of, I don't think this thread should be closed. Peace.

GJN5002
12-03-07, 12:16 am
Yo if you wanna drink fine, if you dont fine its not somethign you debate like the death penalty, at most drinking a few is a victimless crime and you are only hurting yourself (assuming youre not being an asshole and driving). If you wanna unwind and have a brew by all means do it, i do. If you dont, more power to you but im sure as fuck not gonna give you shit for it. Respect yourself and the choices of others.

RogueLion
12-04-07, 12:08 am
Let's see if we can turn this thread around before it gets closed because this can be a decent thread if we stay on topic...sorta. When I made my post here, it wasnt cause I had a problem with the "idea" the poster in question..(haha) was trying to convey. It was HOW it was written and HOW it came across. I am fine with disagreements and agreeing to disagree...however there should be proper tact involved...a respectful, decent arguement is fine. Its when you start making calls or comments that are deemed as rude and inappropriate, that others are going to take what you said and twist it around to make it seem a lot worse. So I cant stress enough, please re-read your post before saving it and think about how you put your thoughts into words.

Rules and regs are put forth here for a reason, if we didnt have them..this forum would look like all those other bullshit forums on the net...this place is different and we want to keep it that way.

As for parties, Im no spring chicken...I been there done that throughout my life. I do like an occasional party now and then to unwind, whether I throw them myself or go out..whatever I feel like really. Im not much of a drinker and personally I dont need drinks to have a good time or shake my ass on the dance floor with some cuties...LOL

Like anything else, all in moderation. I train 3 hours a day, 6 days a week..I am usually too tired to unwind at a party these days I would rather be at home relaxing...even chatting here among friends and acquaintences....since the topic of numbers of posts per member came up...:)

I agree, sometimes I'm just too tired from work, school, gym. I'd rather sit down with some friends, cook them up some nice lean protien, and shoot the shit!

ghost
12-04-07, 7:53 am
How is it hardcore when we all know how stupid those frat parties are...kids wasting their lives away

Last i checked, I have my fraternity letters on my back. Sigma Pi. also started the FOA... :)
not all of us are your typical "frat" boys..

I think anyone who says they don't like to go to a party and have some beers with their friends is a big LIAR. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Josh, i couldnt disagree with this statement more....
I, hate going out.

honestly, i would rather stay in the house. i havent had a drop of alcohol since memorial day of '05. i dont have many friends.. i have my fiance, my 4 blood brothers, a close group of small friends, and the forvm.

we went out the other night to CJ Mahoney's .... this bar, for a bday party. I was there for 15-20 minutes before we left. I felt rather uncomfortable, it was too smokey, too much drinking, all that shit. I am a loner. I like my privacy. I want a nice house in the middle of no where, with no neighbors for miles and miles and miles. You remember the house Arnold had in Commando? i want THAT house.

So, people really can say they dont want to go out, and mean it.

brandonA
12-04-07, 11:59 am
I never like parties, well, ones that wern't family related, I was always uncomfertable being around people who were out of control of both there minds and bodies. In college, I took a job as a bouncer, that erased any want that I may have had to be in a bar, drinking or not. To have to deal with people in that condition is touchy and dangerous at best. I dont like to go to parties or bars, I dont drink very often, had a few beers with my dad this weekend, but that was it.....I also find it very discouraging that I read so much about parties and drinking by underage people.

Going to parties and hanging out with your friends is great, humans are social animals by nature. Just think long and hard before you allow yourself to loose control. I had many a sleepless night after I tosses someone out of the bar and stood powerless and watched as they got in to there car and drove off.....Remember, your actions do not only effect you....

Please be safe....

-B

Brick By Brick
12-04-07, 1:34 pm
Parties are cool, but it's not for me anymore. I'm too busy with work, being a Mom, being married, training, etc.. I used to hang with the best of them when it came to alcohol consumption, "there was a time, back in my prime, when I could really hold my own..."
Now, it doesn't match up with my goals. Getting stronger, being as healthy as possible, being a good example to my son, casting a good reflection on my profession in law enforcement; that's what matters to me now.
If a person wants to go out and hit it hard, be my guest. Just make sure you have a designated driver.
I'm not sure if everyone has the same definition of "hardcore," but to me, crumbling to peer pressure and doing things you don't really agree with is not hardcore. Anyone can do that.
We're a cut above because we demand so much from ourselves and work so, so hard in the gym. Achievers don't need approval from the peanut gallery to know what's right for us.
I don't mean to be out of line here, I say all this with 100% respect to all. Just my very humble two cents.

mathiash
12-06-07, 5:34 pm
Just wanna give it up to barischeg, I feel ya.

I would wrote some more, But I dont think I have to..

srb3189
12-06-07, 5:47 pm
Last i checked, I have my fraternity letters on my back. Sigma Pi. also started the FOA... :)

I, hate going out.

honestly, i would rather stay in the house. i havent had a drop of alcohol since memorial day of '05. i dont have many friends.. i have my fiance, my 4 blood brothers, a close group of small friends, and the forvm.

we went out the other night to CJ Mahoney's .... this bar, for a bday party. I was there for 15-20 minutes before we left. I felt rather uncomfortable, it was too smokey, too much drinking, all that shit. I am a loner. I like my privacy. I want a nice house in the middle of no where, with no neighbors for miles and miles and miles. You remember the house Arnold had in Commando? i want THAT house.

I couldn't agree with Rcott more. To each his own. BTW that house in in Commando was sick.

Madcat
12-06-07, 8:07 pm
How bout today my old roomie/lifting partner sent me an IM "its pretty bad when you are using your supp. shaker for making mixed drinks"....

Needless to say I dont think hes been in the gym lately. Moved out and started just partying all the time, just glad I didnt go down the same path.

The Prodigy
12-06-07, 8:15 pm
nobody ever said this lifestyle is easy. but we have to have each others' back. we are part of the overwhelming minority here, but i say we will one day win. we are animal

Hybridtheory2o
12-07-07, 10:25 am
Its about respect in my oppinion. Criticism is cool im down with it. I like to party and be social and meet the ladies and get laid. Im young and its fun. Although I dont get obliterated everynight to the point where I cant walk on my own. Im also trying to cut down and not drink every damn weekend. kinda started slippin.

Theres nothing wrong with partying or being serious about training. In fact my buddy doesnt even train but every damn party we go to he gets laid and he sips on one beer the entire night but disquises it and is real social so people dont take notice then BAM hes got ur gf lol.

Try that man but if you go stand in a corner by urself with a smug look on your face then ppl are gunna get a bad vibe from you and maybe give em back.

I do agree with what you said though for the most part. And to my knowledge this is the life section so what he posted wasnt out of line he wasnt crying for help he was sharing his thoughts with us.

But my advice would be just go out try the thing my friend did or somethin and be social if they give u shit give em right back but be funny about it. Soon enough they will respect you and envy you.

I see a lot of kids that dont train go to parties and play water pong. Some poeple just dont like alcohol.

So I mean dont hate on them if they wanna drink ( not saying you are) and hope they dont hate on you but if they do meh oh well.

Cuz while we may think its a waste of time its their fun and they may think what we do is a waste of time. Maybe we'll never understand eachother but I think you might find enjoyment in doing what my friend did cuz when your physique looks good and ur being social(you dont have to be slammin you can nurse one) the ladies like it they dont care if u aint on beer 15. You think they do but they dont.

Enjoy the book OP but just read what I said and think bout it. Ya never know you may have more fun or somethin.

Tiny
12-07-07, 6:18 pm
I'll tell ya something many people probably don't realize but it's true. My closest buds read like a list of some of the "wildest and baddest" in the iron games, and ya know what? None of us go out to bars or clubs or any shit like that. It ain't like we all voted to jointly refrain from such shit, none of us will ever be confused for angels, but oddly enough (or is it odd at all?) we each have enough experience to know that if we go out into a bar full of intoxicated "norms" we are going to end up knocking someone out. Simple as that. We have our own get togethers - I used to have a lot of 'em since I have a lot of property and some rather nice ammenities. Hell, quite often during the summer it looks like a freakshow gathering at my house - Powerfreak, Big Al, Big Ant, Jeff McVicar, Bobby Fields, lots of national and pro guys and gals, some mma folks, and always a nice, healthy good time and never a harsh word spoken. Put 13 of the baddest mf'ers walking all in the same room and you'll have a peaceful enviornment with mutual respect and comraderie. Lesson to be learned: whenever you can surround yourself with your own kind you'll have the best times.

big bear
01-03-09, 4:48 am
Originally Posted by rcrott1 Check Out Post

I, hate going out.

rcrott i couldnt agree with you more on how fraternities are not merely all "frat boys"
- and hey im Sigma Pi too good to see a fellow brother on the forum!

Carpe Diem P.T
01-03-09, 4:59 am
I have had a few drinks tonight. I have also made ant farms with my kids, went shopping with my fiance and i did 1 hr cardio and 1 hr weights. i also worked for 9 hours and trained 6 different people for many different goals.

Everything is about moderation. Thats how I live my life. I dont look for fancy things. I want to be the best person I can be while living the life I see fit.

My diet today has been unfaultable, i have had a few drinks tonight while watching movies (bratz) with my family, but thats what I do on a saturday night. Tomorrow I will hit more cardio to make up the deficit. If i dont make it up, then so be it. I obviously dont deserve what im aiming for right now. But if i do, i know I can acheive my goals while living in moderation.

Gambit
01-03-09, 11:01 am
I've been a member of a fraternity for a few years now.I joined it even though I knew its reputation amongst the rest of the college as the heaviest partiers and the lowest cumulative GPA. But I saw the true meaning of what the fraternity was built on, not what the guys were doing. I was a part of something terrific, something greater than myself. I was pretty resented for not trying to get blitzed with the guys and then trying to boink a girl, but that was okay. I let them have their ways and I had my own.

Just before I transferred from my old school, Marietta College, a representative from the headquarters of our fraternity came to give our chapter the once-over. He asked the entire executive board which member truly lived as an Alpha Tau Omega man should. They unanimously chose me (without my knowing) and, needless to say, I was pretty flabbergasted. But it was pretty honorable.

My secret was always ginger ale. I'd always wear my animal hoodie with a couple cans of ginger ale in the pockets, or in my pants pockets. When my friends wouldn't be persuaded that I wouldn't go out, I'd go wherever they were headed and get an empty cup for my ginger ale. After a few hours, no one knew the wiser as I watched them head down a path I wouldn't.

I'm gonna share a little scene from a movie that helped change the way I look at the world. It's called Peaceful Warrior and the book was called Way of the Peaceful Warrior I'm not going to get into which one was better, because they both have their important parts. But there's a scene in the movie, in which the older man (Socrates) and the younger man (Danny) go to a bar. As a part of training, alcohol was strictly prohibited.

[Socrates pours two shots and then lights up a cigar; Danny Laughs]

S: "Something wrong, Dan?"
D: "We don't do this anymore, remember? We know better."
S: "We're better than everyone who doesn't know what we know, or live the way we do? Is that what you mean?"
D: "Not better, maybe, smarter."
S: "There is no better. You will never be better; same way, you'll never be less, than anybody else. The habit is the problem. All you need to do is be concious of your choices. And responsible for your actions."

rocky36
01-03-09, 1:17 pm
way to keep strong man...and i agree about the parties...that's why i dont go to them...

i fuckin play water pong not beer pong lol

how bout protein pong haha id be playin that all night

bsatellite
01-08-09, 1:31 am
Man, what the fuck are you doing? In my opinion being an ANIMAL means you sacrifice you're social life and pretty much anything else you do besides eat, work and fucking lift. That's my life, the one I'm starting now...

You know, as a basically recovering alcoholic, I realized that the parties only hold you back on life, you're journey to become a true ANIMAL and even socializing, sure you socialize at a party but what do you sacrifice? Passing out, getting beat, getting lost, getting fucked up and not remembering what you did, how you did it, who with and what happened before and after.

Someone can slip a pill in you're drink and kill you, they can rush you into the back yard and fuck you up, they can do virtually anything to you when you're drunk- Friends or not, you never know what to expect while people drink or do drugs.

Straight up man, quit the partying. It'll get addictive at some point. All I want in my life is the iron, the burgers, the supplements and this fucken computer and can't forget my shitter.

So,

Do what you want, no one is gonna try to stop you... Just remember the consequences.

simpleguy
01-08-09, 1:10 pm
Man, what the fuck are you doing? In my opinion being an ANIMAL means you sacrifice you're social life and pretty much anything else you do besides eat, work and fucking lift. That's my life, the one I'm starting now...

You know, as a basically recovering alcoholic, I realized that the parties only hold you back on life, you're journey to become a true ANIMAL and even socializing, sure you socialize at a party but what do you sacrifice? Passing out, getting beat, getting lost, getting fucked up and not remembering what you did, how you did it, who with and what happened before and after.

Someone can slip a pill in you're drink and kill you, they can rush you into the back yard and fuck you up, they can do virtually anything to you when you're drunk- Friends or not, you never know what to expect while people drink or do drugs.

Straight up man, quit the partying. It'll get addictive at some point. All I want in my life is the iron, the burgers, the supplements and this fucken computer and can't forget my shitter.

So,

Do what you want, no one is gonna try to stop you... Just remember the consequences.

that's your opinion man, idk what kind of friends would put something in your drink to kill you... and I've never gotten so drunk that I didn't remember anything I've done the night before

for me going to a party and having a few drinks like once in a few weeks/months doesn't mean it'll get addictive... but if you said you used to like alcohol so much, then I guess it's good to completely stay off for a while

Cellerator65
01-08-09, 3:20 pm
each person has their own definition of what animal is/what hardcore is... thats what makes this place so great... because no one is wrong.

To each their own, if you like to party... go party. The only person you need approval from is the one who stares back at you in the mirror.

andrewT
01-11-09, 3:15 pm
I guess I am lucky in a sense

My group of friends consists of 4 guys (including my twin brother). When we go out we never drink, and if we ever do it is like a champagne toast on new years haha.

they drink their coffees I drink my shakes. They constantly tease me about my cooler with food that I bring but I just laugh it off. We are a funny bunch of guys and laugh like hell all the time (builds strong abs=) ). We don't go to parties pretty much ever. We aren't party kind of guys, if we get invited to them we go, we ain't poopers and act like rude babies; we go pay our respects and leave.

Heck I can even stand my own bday when people wanna throw shit for me. I just don't like all the attention. So ya I guess I am lucky that people don't try to force me into stuff I don't like, but whether or not they do they know they will always get a straight FUCK YOU from me. I got a mind of my own and everyone who knows me knows that. As long as you can make your own decisions and not care about who is trying to make you drink the who GIVES?

btw to the guy who brings the ginger ale, that is hilarious!

xMATT182x
01-13-09, 4:46 am
I feel all you guys on this matter of bars and drinking. I've been shunned, and cast out in a sense for not wanting to party or drink. You really find out who your friends are when you refuse to take part in something that is so widespread. It was one of the best choices I made to stop drinking and another was joining the forum. Shit, it's nice to know that there are still people who wanna make something of themselves and not burn out. You guys all kick ass. Stay strong.

BB
01-15-09, 2:34 pm
great post bro...keep strong.

FireFighter85
02-12-09, 10:55 pm
Bro, life's too short. I don't like to go to parties or smoke infested bars, but there's nothing wrong with going once in a while to hang out with friends... Ever try going earlier before everyone's sloppy drunk? Just do what you feel is right and what makes you happy. If you're happy and passionate with what you're doing then everything else will fall into place. I usually deal with the bullshit of the bars so I know everyone has a safe ride home.. Just don't close yourself off completely, surround yourself with people that support you and don't worry about the rest.

tec9
02-12-09, 11:24 pm
ye bro we all go through what we go through for purpose u wont stand up if u dont fall down life is a lesson learn n adopt n keep moving

B-rad89
02-13-09, 12:26 am
I recently quit drinking, and well, lets just say my invite to outings has gone from 10/10 to 1/10.

Fuckem. I told them I don't drink but I will be DD or whatever and I like to go out, still they don't care to invite me anymore.

So, I too am alone, 0 friends really... besides the one that is in the navy.

Dingo
02-13-09, 1:03 am
MODERATION
with anything in life, be it partying, ice cream, sun bathing, food, etc....

yes, ice cream, just as harmful as alcohol to bb diet, but unless you are about to step out on that stage, a scoop or two every now and then isnt going to set you back if you are truly living clean and taking it to the max in the gym. every few weeks i love nothing more than to kick back with my wife put on a dvd and help myself to a few scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Hell cheesecake factory has one better for me, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake! Also every couple of months when i get a wild hair up my ass i go out with the guys and have a couple drinks. We only have this one life, and guess waht all the plates you move in the gym, all the PRs you set, none of it will mean shit when your old, tiny and wrinkled. Live some and make some damn memories!

xMATT182x
02-13-09, 3:00 am

You have a good point and a somewhat of a unique view point which I too share. I've gotten used to the fact that 99% of the world doesn't like that fact. Fuck what anyone else says about how you feel and don't mind the dude who can't identify that he's human. You know where you stand and I got your back. People will shit on us our entire life for what ever selfish or wanna be tough guy mentality. So stay strong, the world won't always agree and it sucks but the ones that do understand and thats what matters bro. Keep on your road and work hard. Not all of us like putting glorified poisen in our bodys to "have fun". I'm with ya.

B-rad89
02-13-09, 2:56 pm
MODERATION
We only have this one life, and guess waht all the plates you move in the gym, all the PRs you set, none of it will mean shit when your old, tiny and wrinkled. Live some and make some damn memories!

All these do mean something when your old. It means your not going to need constant surgery, you wont need a walker, or a wheel chair. You wont need braces for any part of your party, or any hip replacements. You will still be mobile.

Whereas our counterparts, the constant drinkers/smokers/partier's who waste their bodys, don't keep them strong, tire themselves out, destroy their liver/kidneys with all the drinking... ya when we are old, it will mean a lot. Depending on how many of these people actually make it to 'old'.

So it does mean something.

Dingo
02-13-09, 5:51 pm
All these do mean something when your old. It means your not going to need constant surgery, you wont need a walker, or a wheel chair. You wont need braces for any part of your party, or any hip replacements. You will still be mobile.

Whereas our counterparts, the constant drinkers/smokers/partier's who waste their bodys, don't keep them strong, tire themselves out, destroy their liver/kidneys with all the drinking... ya when we are old, it will mean a lot. Depending on how many of these people actually make it to 'old'.

So it does mean something.

thats not the point i was trying to make.

sure we all can be so self absorbed in this lifestyle, all the eating, lifting, sleeping, just to get to the same stopping point we all end up at. to us its a higher road and in alot of ways it is, but at the same time, it doesnt have to be so hard and solitary as so many people, and i even venture to say kids, here make it out to be.

When your old and alone and near death and your only memories are of pressing 405lbs for reps, maybe you'll understand what i'm trying to get at. Alot of us seem to push ourselves out, kinda like the old adage "cutting your nose off to spite your face".

We all may not need a spouse and kids, but we all need kinship, why else would alot of us post here and come here?

B-rad89
02-13-09, 6:37 pm
thats not the point i was trying to make.

sure we all can be so self absorbed in this lifestyle, all the eating, lifting, sleeping, just to get to the same stopping point we all end up at. to us its a higher road and in alot of ways it is, but at the same time, it doesnt have to be so hard and solitary as so many people, and i even venture to say kids, here make it out to be.

When your old and alone and near death and your only memories are of pressing 405lbs for reps, maybe you'll understand what i'm trying to get at. Alot of us seem to push ourselves out, kinda like the old adage "cutting your nose off to spite your face".

We all may not need a spouse and kids, but we all need kinship, why else would alot of us post here and come here?

I can tell you, I come here for the informational serious posts and threads by members. Not for the 'Kinship'. No real offense. I mean sure the ABC is nice, get to meet up with some people that have the same passion, but all in all its only for that one day really.

None of us really said we like solitary, we just don't really get invited out anymore... well I don't at least. All because I told one friend I quit drinking (told them I would be the DD and shit). I am not in solitary because I choose to be, I am because I am kinda 'forced'.

Hell I just lost 2 more friends to girlfriends. They don't talk to me at all anymore because they are so pussy whipped. The rest think I am a pussy or a bitch because I quit drinking and they don't want me to 'hinder' there 'image' so to speak.

Thats the situation I am in and to be honest I think most of us are. I choose not to drink because it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I mean, unless I am seriously called out in beer pong or flip cup. Otherwise I don't really care for alcohol.

So, all I have is the gym.

SquatTilUPuke77
02-14-09, 9:53 am
i sit here on a saturday morning, possibly one of my first saturday mornings in a long time not hungover, ive had a lot of problems that i have planned to wash away every friday. i want to thank all you brothers for this thread because on this day the moon just hit me in a cold eclipse, i am fuckin everything up. I sat here and read this enitre thread and i think of myself as a dedicated lifter/bodybuilder, but when i sit back and look at it i have been throwing it away every friday night. i am taking an oath in front of every one of you that all my problems will come out in the weightroom. i wil no longer follow the stupid freshman in college way of drowning my sorrows with a 24 pack and hundred of other drunk bastards around me. i will leave it all in the weight room. im sorry if i dragged on here but i hate a epiphium on this saturday morning and wanted to put it down. me and my body just want to give thanks to everyone that posted something in this thread you guys just changed my life.

xMATT182x
02-15-09, 1:42 am
i sit here on a saturday morning, possibly one of my first saturday mornings in a long time not hungover, ive had a lot of problems that i have planned to wash away every friday. i want to thank all you brothers for this thread because on this day the moon just hit me in a cold eclipse, i am fuckin everything up. I sat here and read this enitre thread and i think of myself as a dedicated lifter/bodybuilder, but when i sit back and look at it i have been throwing it away every friday night. i am taking an oath in front of every one of you that all my problems will come out in the weightroom. i wil no longer follow the stupid freshman in college way of drowning my sorrows with a 24 pack and hundred of other drunk bastards around me. i will leave it all in the weight room. im sorry if i dragged on here but i hate a epiphium on this saturday morning and wanted to put it down. me and my body just want to give thanks to everyone that posted something in this thread you guys just changed my life.

Good for you man, it's not easy to go against the norm. I'm proud of you for making that change and completely dedicating yourself to becoming better in all aspects of life. Good luck and be safe bro.

FireFighter85
02-15-09, 5:16 pm
I can tell you, I come here for the informational serious posts and threads by members. Not for the 'Kinship'. No real offense. I mean sure the ABC is nice, get to meet up with some people that have the same passion, but all in all its only for that one day really.

None of us really said we like solitary, we just don't really get invited out anymore... well I don't at least. All because I told one friend I quit drinking (told them I would be the DD and shit). I am not in solitary because I choose to be, I am because I am kinda 'forced'.

Hell I just lost 2 more friends to girlfriends. They don't talk to me at all anymore because they are so pussy whipped. The rest think I am a pussy or a bitch because I quit drinking and they don't want me to 'hinder' there 'image' so to speak.

Thats the situation I am in and to be honest I think most of us are. I choose not to drink because it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I mean, unless I am seriously called out in beer pong or flip cup. Otherwise I don't really care for alcohol.

Bro. You're only 19... and yes I'm only 23. Ive got an idea for you and anyone else in here that feels alone or that they have it so bad... Go volunteer at a nursing home. That, Is alone. That is a shitty life. Or go visit a shelter. Now I don't everyone's personal situations but I can say that flat out life is a bitch. You make it what you want it to be, all the sudden your friends don't wanna hang out because you don't drink, guess what... you just found out they weren't true friends, everybody goes through that. You can either bitch about it and let it get you down or learn from it... Going out once in a while isn't gonna hurt you, you do know that you could die right this very moment right? so live your life, stop being so down about everything. You've got food to eat, water to drink, you woke up this morning, you're able to work out.... do I need to go on more about what you have? Work out and be passionate but don't shun everything else in your life.. Oh, and just because you work out now and are healthy doesn't mean you aren't going to end up in a wheel chair or with a walker.. Ever hear of accidents? or old age? or stress on your joints from working out?

xMATT182x
02-16-09, 1:40 am
Bro. You're only 19... and yes I'm only 23. Ive got an idea for you and anyone else in here that feels alone or that they have it so bad... Go volunteer at a nursing home. That, Is alone. That is a shitty life. Or go visit a shelter. Now I don't everyone's personal situations but I can say that flat out life is a bitch. You make it what you want it to be, all the sudden your friends don't wanna hang out because you don't drink, guess what... you just found out they weren't true friends, everybody goes through that. You can either bitch about it and let it get you down or learn from it... Going out once in a while isn't gonna hurt you, you do know that you could die right this very moment right? so live your life, stop being so down about everything. You've got food to eat, water to drink, you woke up this morning, you're able to work out.... do I need to go on more about what you have? Work out and be passionate but don't shun everything else in your life.. Oh, and just because you work out now and are healthy doesn't mean you aren't going to end up in a wheel chair or with a walker.. Ever hear of accidents? or old age? or stress on your joints from working out?

I agree with you on this man. We all can be obsorbed in our lives and we do lose perspective. I too am only 23 as you and I feel as you do. It takes time and experience to attain perspective and we constantly reform and change how we view things on lower levels. I'm sure in time he will also learn and adapt. I once felt exactly like him and it did take me a long time to be greatful for all that I have. Good message bro, we should should all take more from life.

Dingo
02-16-09, 10:02 am

sounds more like amaturity thing than a drinking thing that splits you and your "friends". The same thing happened to me when i gave up the booze and when i got married. I can still kick back and toss back one or two from time to rare time, but not drowning in it like alot of my old friends still do. I dont really ever hear from the drinkers, and when i do happen to go out and see them, i hear the usual bout of excuses.

too bad i never learned to play those games, or i'd call ya out. i was always to busy drowning in beer.

seriously though, it sounds more like you've outgrown your friends. We all do with some of them from time to time.

B-rad89
02-16-09, 4:54 pm

I agree with you on this man. We all can be obsorbed in our lives and we do lose perspective. I too am only 23 as you and I feel as you do. It takes time and experience to attain perspective and we constantly reform and change how we view things on lower levels. I'm sure in time he will also learn and adapt. I once felt exactly like him and it did take me a long time to be greatful for all that I have. Good message bro, we should should all take more from life.

Not quite sure I follow either of you.

sounds more like amaturity thing than a drinking thing that splits you and your "friends". The same thing happened to me when i gave up the booze and when i got married. I can still kick back and toss back one or two from time to rare time, but not drowning in it like alot of my old friends still do. I dont really ever hear from the drinkers, and when i do happen to go out and see them, i hear the usual bout of excuses.

too bad i never learned to play those games, or i'd call ya out. i was always to busy drowning in beer.

seriously though, it sounds more like you've outgrown your friends. We all do with some of them from time to time.

Guess so man. Only have one real friend left, in the navy. Otherwise I am alone, but I do have the gym and concerts. So the above telling me I need to live, I live at concerts in the pits, not at boring house parties getting wasted and having a terrible hangover.

Can't wait for Dope on the 5th. Slipknot on the 11th.

Dingo
02-16-09, 5:04 pm

Guess so man. Only have one real friend left, in the navy. Otherwise I am alone, but I do have the gym and concerts. So the above telling me I need to live, I live at concerts in the pits, not at boring house parties getting wasted and having a terrible hangover.

ahh concerts, i love em, although with a family now $$$ doesn't go as far. I miss the crowds and the sun and the live music.

SquatTilUPuke77
02-16-09, 7:17 pm

i know where you are coming from i moved away from home for college and all i have now is myself, the weightroom, and music. i am a man of very few words because i have no one to talk to but the weights and you guys. this is my life and i wouldnt want to live it any other way.

on the concert side, the best concert i have ever been to was lamb of god and killswitch engage together. if you can find a chance to see it do it! i drove from upper michigan to pensilvania to see it a second time!

B-rad89
02-16-09, 7:27 pm
ahh concerts, i love em, although with a family now $$$ doesn't go as far. I miss the crowds and the sun and the live music.

Can't take the kids? I always see like a whole family at Warped Tour, Taste of Chaos or Rockstar Mayhem Festival.

i know where you are coming from i moved away from home for college and all i have now is myself, the weightroom, and music. i am a man of very few words because i have no one to talk to but the weights and you guys. this is my life and i wouldnt want to live it any other way.

on the concert side, the best concert i have ever been to was lamb of god and killswitch engage together. if you can find a chance to see it do it! i drove from upper michigan to pensilvania to see it a second time!

Yea, concerts is where its at!

I saw Killswitch @ Warped Tour 08. Wall of death... so good. I was supposed to go see Lamb of God and KSE but didn't get the money.

Same with Disturbed, Skindred and Sevendust. No money.

However, I will now have the money for the upcoming concerts :D so stoked. However, Taste of Chaos is now dead and done for. From A7X, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine and 4 other decent bands, to the now 4 unknown super emo bands. :(

I'd say my best concert... thats hard. Probably Five Finger Death Punch and Bury Your Dead down in San Fransisco. Met FFDP and Bury Your Dead.

SquatTilUPuke77
02-16-09, 7:35 pm
hell yea bro the old atreyu gets me by during the day lamb of god gets me through my lift and synyster gets me through the night... i was a huge fan of ffdp but thats all they played at my old weight room and i cant listen to it no more with out wanting to drive back to the hometown and lift.

barischeg
02-16-09, 11:30 pm

admirable...

glad u have made attempt to change things in ur life.

i havent been around this site for a while, been focusing on school, work and lifting. i recently got a job at a club as a bouncer. i get exposed every friday nite to stupid acts of drunk ppl. i end up carrying atleast 2-3 drunk ppl from toilet where they stuck their faces in puking their brains out to the dooor. that is one hell of a experience.

just like written couple post ago, you do realize who are your true friends. stay strong guys

Dingo
02-17-09, 12:28 am
its that 1, hes not been born yet (7 weeks to go) but that dollars dont stretch as far these days. now it takes savin and plannin.

B-rad89
02-17-09, 1:29 am
hell yea bro the old atreyu gets me by during the day lamb of god gets me through my lift and synyster gets me through the night... i was a huge fan of ffdp but thats all they played at my old weight room and i cant listen to it no more with out wanting to drive back to the hometown and lift.

Hah. Killswitch Engage gets me through my day. All That Remains, Hatebreed and Haste The Day get me through my lifts and Metallica and DragonForce get me through the night. I fall asleep to their awesome shreddage.

its that 1, hes not been born yet (7 weeks to go) but that dollars dont stretch as far these days. now it takes savin and plannin.

oh snap! should go to some old school concert so your kid ends up like the dudes on Saving Silverman (except it wont be Neil Diamond) lol :P

barischeg
10-18-09, 4:43 pm
haha, wouldnt u guys like to know that world is a weird place.. as much as i hated the party scene and what not, I ended up working at various bars as a bouncer now. since i had to put myself through college, found a job at one bar as a bouncer which led to another place so now on fridays and saturdays i watch drunk ppl so that they dont drink themselves to death..

i need the money so i can pay the bills and also instead of sittin at home doing Hw or just doing nothin, now i make money. havent written anything on the forvm for a while as i been extremely busy with school as it is senior year and gettin ready for med school. Being a bouncer is an tough job as it involves dealing with drunk ppl so unless you really need the money it is pretty stressful and can be annoying. carrying drunk puking girls and guys out of the bathrooms and breaking up fights can be a hassle but dont have much of a choice so i just deal with it. good luck to all of you and stay strong.