PDA

View Full Version : Girls & The Iron Life

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Brutus_515
09-16-07, 12:40 am
Brothers, I am 20.....do not even CONSIDER engagement / marriage until you are AT LEAST 35......

Train, eat, lift, socialize, work towards your goals...compete, and play the game..........

Do not even get serious with a woman (marriage) until you are 35...

Peace.

haha good luck with that...

ralf_snake
09-16-07, 11:27 am
Brothers, I am 20.....do not even CONSIDER engagement / marriage until you are AT LEAST 35......

Train, eat, lift, socialize, work towards your goals...compete, and play the game..........

Do not even get serious with a woman (marriage) until you are 35...

Peace.

Your right, not sure where but even the bible says to wait for marriage until an appropriate age. Thats about 30 (don't ask me why).
But yeah i liked a girl and well she end up taking some fat guy only because he got a scooter and blows weed and has allot of those 'fuck and use a girl and look cool dumping her' friends. It broke me up for a while but they broke up i believe.

My point is. You can bust your ass making girls a priority, or live like a warrior and take it all later on when glory and maybe even fame comes your way. Believe me girls are great but its not worth making em a no1 thing in your life.

Many who truly know how the world works will agree that the mentality that goes around here is rare and will get you far. Most people want to get from work and relax on their lazy ass couch. And they later on complain how their life is lame and always say they wish they weren't lazy and didn't make the common decisions that are life changing(like drinking and doing drugs).
The thing that starts in school: Go along or make some kind of stand that you don't want any part of the so called school collective.

I don't think I'm helping out any people of my age here since I'm pretty much the only young one here i guess. But please if any of you can help people like me please dont hesitate on passing this knowledge on.

Bigarexic
09-17-07, 3:39 am
i really needed to talk about this and i figure what a better group of people.
well ive been getting really depressed lately, and its something ive never encountered before in my life. i just started a long distance relationship with my ex fiancee and shit is really fucking killing me.
i recently took a few days off from the gym to let my body recooperate. i think lifting must be a physical addiction because during thattime i got really reall depressed and low.
i dont know what the fuck is wrong with me. has anyone here ever dealt with depression? i know it runs very strongly in my family and that freaks me out. also, if i was to get onto some medication for it, would taht ruin my bbing life?

any words of encouragemnt would really help

violator
09-17-07, 7:52 am
Brother, hard times come along, thats the way life is....
Remember, YOU are the only person that controls your emotional state.
The deal with that is the fact that we all to often rely on outer influences to affect our emotional state, i.e. ur ex etc...
These pressures are EXTERNAL, remember that, the ONLY way to remedy this is to come to terms with what is causing this effect on ur emotional system.. so think about it for a while, by this i mean, look at it OBJECTIVELY, dont get wrapped up in the emotion, or ull get caught in a downward spiral of depressive thought.
Ur thoughts control who u are& what u think about all day today will determine who you are tommorow, its that simple, so think about it hard for a few hours, ask your self quaestions & ur subconcious will send you answers..
But to get lost in the negativity, & embelish it will only lead you further down that shitty road my brother.
Im against meds for this condition, while many will advocate them, i feel that this is just another outer inflence to try and curb your true thoughts.

Remember my brother the only real power you have in this world lies within YOU, noone else can save you, no miriacle pill, only you....now go think about that for a while, & remember to think about all your accomplishments, successes, & good times & be grateful for them, thank the lord/universe/source ur alive & have done all that uve done to have brought you this far, sometimes we get lost in the moment, revel in self-pity only to find it was meaningless all along....

"So many times we smile in our pride, putting such faith in what weve accomplished, but minutes ago we were, slitting our wrists, running for sympathy....squadered my name amongst men who shelter the least, laced it with disbelief, i awoke then, when i awoke i couldnt believe, it was ME, ALL THE TIME IT WAS ME!"
-Project 86

ghost
09-17-07, 8:13 am
big...shit happens brother. normally i would just jump down your throat screaming at you about motivation. but i know how you are....and motivation isnt what is missing. You just need to revisit your goals, write em down. again if necessary. you need to regroup, and attack this shit.

everyone falls off the horse, difference with us, we get back on....every time.

M60
10-01-07, 1:04 am
I'm having a problem here. See, my girlfriend just left for college in New York a few days ago, shes gonna be there for almost 4 years, her parents hate me, and I still don't know what to do with my own life. I'm currently attending a community college and I hate it.

We've said we're both willing to go through this. She says she wants nothing more than to just be happy. That a career isn't a big deal. Its us that counts. Yeah, it probably all sounds corny as Hell, but my biggest fear is becoming distant from her and her from me. I don't want that to happen. I want her to return to a man that can take care of both himself and her.

I just don't know what to do or feel at this moment. I feel that detaching myself from her at times is the best thing to do, but then I can start to become somewhat cynical. I wonder why its her that left. Shouldn't it have been me? What am I going to do with myself? I'm afraid she might come back to a still confused man. Or not come back at all.

Help me, brothers. I'm sick of beating myself up and having no faith in anything. This has been an ongoing problem for me for a while and I need help.

zer0her0
10-01-07, 1:22 am
SUCK THAT SHIT UP ANIMAL your 19 .. young .. and have a lot to learn still .. worry more about yourself and not so much your relationship with your girlfriend.. i myself am going through a similar situation and i find time away from her is good for me to find out who I am and who I want to become .. you always have the iron BRO and your never alone!! in the words of project pat "fuck a bitch".. peace

gsb239
10-01-07, 3:40 am
SUCK THAT SHIT UP ANIMAL your 19 .. young .. and have a lot to learn still .. worry more about yourself and not so much your relationship with your girlfriend.. i myself am going through a similar situation and i find time away from her is good for me to find out who I am and who I want to become .. you always have the iron BRO and your never alone!! in the words of project pat "fuck a bitch".. peace

The last bit's a lilttle harsh if you ask me but u got the right idea to some extent.

Focus on yourself man. I know it might feel like shes the only one for you (she might just be) but nothing in this life is guaranteed. So make something of yourself. If its meant to be, it will be. Just don't put your whole life on hold while shes actually out doing something. If you really wanna keep her, make something out of yourself. If a girl tells you she will stay with you no matter what, chances are its a lie, or shes just very naive. Can't blame em really. Girls need security in a relationship, and part of that security is financial/economic (belive it or not). Stand up on your own two feet and make sure your able to provide for yourself and whoever it is you end up with. Good luck. Now quit crying and hit the gym.

RoJoHen
10-01-07, 4:16 am
The only chance at maintaining a loving relationship with someone is to allow them to be their own person without holding them down. If you are meant to be together, you will be. Four years is a long time, and odds are you'll both move on, but in the event that you two do stay together, you'll never be happy if you let the distance ruin other aspects of your life.

Be yourself. Do your best to stay in touch with her. But don't operate under the assumption that you're going to be together forever. Things change. Life goes on. Hopefully, if you do end up separating, you'll be able to do so knowing that it was all for the best.

You have to live for yourself first. You'll never be happy any other way.

Good luck.

spanish.iron
10-01-07, 6:11 pm
"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you it's yours; if it doesn't, never was." -Forget who said it but it was someone smart

You and I are at a similar age. I've been in a faily long relationship and I know what it's like to feel that she's the one and only, most important thing in this world. It doesn't work like that. If you are so confused about life and what your gunna do, wtf are u doing worrying about a gurl. She's obviously off to do her thing and get shit done. Let her go do it and it'll give you space to breath and figure yourself out and learn to become a man. Now, I'm 20, but I know I not worthy being called a man. I'm not a child, so maybe we can just say that ppl like you and I are plain guys. But listen, these are the years to get away from everything your comfortable with and take a look at everything this world's got to offer. Above that, search within yourself. Your gurl, though she's precious to you, is a weight on your back that you love to carry because your comfy with it. Let it go and see how fast you can run.

A lot of guys these days seek a woman in order to validate themselves. In other words they're worth somethin and have strength when they have a lady. It's for this reason that many guys fall to pieces and dwell in their own pain when a gurl leaves them. What a guy SHOULD do is unveil is own, true strength so that he may OFFER it to a woman. I believe that's what being a man in a relationship is about.

Phil800101
10-01-07, 7:51 pm
You have to live for yourself first. You'll never be happy any other way. Good luck.

Words of wisdom, couldn't agree more.

U4icPain
11-14-07, 2:23 pm

Please at the end of these types of statements add "IN MY OPINION." All I know is when I am in my death bed I won't be sayin "Shit, I lifted a lot of fucking weight. Had a dream and grabbed it by the balls!" Instead I'll be sayin, "Shit, I lifted a lot of fucking weight. Had a dream and grabbed it by the balls all the while managing to love along the way."

Relationships and love habe their place. No doubt. The trick is understanding when that needs to happen. We are animals in the gym, but REAL people aswell. I don't understand how running from reality by going to the gym helps with shit. Be fucking man and have some balls, LOVING ISN'T EASY AND NEITHER IS THE IRON GAME.

You may find it loyal to ditch relationships for the iron...but this is silly. We are taught to be warriors, soldiers, MEN! Real men would face reality. (IMO)

Goodluck with your choice bro. I'm going through similar difficulties ATM.

IRBS
11-14-07, 2:33 pm
Please at the end of these types of statements add "IN MY OPINION." All I know is when I am in my death bed I won't be sayin "Shit, I lifted a lot of fucking weight. Had a dream and grabbed it by the balls!" Instead I'll be sayin, "Shit, I lifted a lot of fucking weight. Had a dream and grabbed it by the balls all the while managing to love along the way."

Relationships and love habe their place. No doubt. The trick is understanding when that needs to happen. We are animals in the gym, but REAL people aswell. I don't understand how running from reality by going to the gym helps with shit. Be fucking man and have some balls, LOVING ISN'T EASY AND NEITHER IS THE IRON GAME.

You may find it loyal to ditch relationships for the iron...but this is silly. We are taught to be warriors, soldiers, MEN! Real men would face reality. (IMO)

Goodluck with your choice bro. I'm going through similar difficulties ATM.

x2, good post.

Nulllogik
11-14-07, 5:23 pm
I'm having a problem here. See, my girlfriend just left for college in New York a few days ago, shes gonna be there for almost 4 years, her parents hate me, and I still don't know what to do with my own life. I'm currently attending a community college and I hate it.

We've said we're both willing to go through this. She says she wants nothing more than to just be happy. That a career isn't a big deal. Its us that counts. Yeah, it probably all sounds corny as Hell, but my biggest fear is becoming distant from her and her from me. I don't want that to happen. I want her to return to a man that can take care of both himself and her.

I just don't know what to do or feel at this moment. I feel that detaching myself from her at times is the best thing to do, but then I can start to become somewhat cynical. I wonder why its her that left. Shouldn't it have been me? What am I going to do with myself? I'm afraid she might come back to a still confused man. Or not come back at all.

Help me, brothers. I'm sick of beating myself up and having no faith in anything. This has been an ongoing problem for me for a while and I need help.

Went through the same shit with my highschool sweetheart brother.

She wanted to break it off at the start of college, we did. She calls me up crying about two weeks later (im at another college) wanting to get back together.

Call be bitter, but it wasnt the same for me. Probably due to personal issues and the fact that my mother fuckin walked out on us, but it didnt last long after that.

That lead to depression/drinking/lots of video games (no drugs).

Still kind of messes with me when i think of it.

Now im in a relationship with an awesome girl (woman, shes older than i am), and above all else, were friends.

And she looks forward to leg day...

But its not easy... and im not saying i did the right thing.

Maybe this helps you, maybe it confuses you further.

eblnyc
11-14-07, 5:41 pm

Help me, brothers. I'm sick of beating myself up and having no faith in anything. This has been an ongoing problem for me for a while and I need help. i say live your life and if she moves on so be it..your a young man you will fall for many women in your life..if it is meant to be for you two,the distance between you will make your hearts grow fonder for one another,if not i know for a fact you will feel for another..everone wants to love and be loved in return,it is the ultimate bliss after all...

R.Bearse1
11-14-07, 5:50 pm
Time Management + a good, loving, UNDERSTANDING Girl/Woman = Good Lifting and Loving life.

The thing to me is, if you can love the iron and make the time for it w/o neglecting the girl. Then you are golden. Which came first, the love for the iron or for the girl? idk bout ya'll and your situations but I loved the iron.

If there is a girl who can't understand that you DO have 2 loves in your life and be understanding that you are gonna eat "weird" and drink a shit ton of water and take 29+ pills a day (that's pak,cuts and pump=29) then it's her loss she can't accept you for you. Make time for the Iron and for your girl.

Now if you just straight neglect her then that's your fault not the life.

Read the Article "Selfish". You just may hack through dozens of relationships...but sometime you will find the girl who will be accepting of the life we lead. Don't mean to name drop but rcrott has that. So it does happen bro's. In my opinion

I'm currently talking to a girl who is right now seemingly ok with this life. My issue is a bigger one called Deployment in Jan. hahaha

I forgot now who it was that posted about his girl bein at a different school pretty far away...but here's what I have to say brother. It's tough, you get some crazy shit in ur mind about what she's doin or what's goin on. Now it wasn't for me. But we are all different. If she's worth it in your mind and u can take it. GO FOR IT and best of luck.

Hulkazoid
11-14-07, 5:55 pm
When I went back into the gym after a 10 year layoff. My wife (now ex-wife) of 20 years started giving me shit. I was miserable, 365lbs, poor circulation, out of shape, low self esteem, and heading for a heart attack.

I was a wieght lifter and football player when we dated and got married. As I started to lose the bodyfat and up the muscle mass. She really began to freak out on me. I finally got down to a contest weight of 230lbs and was stredded. It took me 18 months of ball busting work. In the meantime I left my wife and moved into my own apartment. It pissed her off and she kept up with the same banter your girl did. I finally had enough and after 20 years of marriage and listening to this banter every time I tried to fix myself. I kicked her to the curb.

I'm remarried to a woman 29, Im 42, and Im in better shape than I have been and she likes it, she even encourages it. I dont look my age I look like Im in my early 30s at the most. So for whatever its worth there is some input for you. That lets you know how I handled it.

Hulkazoid
11-14-07, 5:56 pm
I forgot, to make sure I didnt steal family time. I got a membership to a 24/7 gym and worked out at 3am 5 days a week. But that still wasnt good enough for her. She wouldnt even respect my sleep time of 8-9pm every nite but Saturday's.

k1usa
11-14-07, 5:57 pm
when you meet the right girl....women...lady.....and you get the understanding about mutual interest as well as giving each other time to train..take a class....be with family....its all about give and take....with my honey...we train together...but when she wants to shop with her mom and friends...and I love to shop as well....sometimes its better to let her shop and I just train...and we meet after for dinner or desert...it all works out bro....when you love someone with all your hart..and that love is returned...its all good

Hulkazoid
11-16-07, 11:34 am
My new lady likes to go to the gym and train with me as well. She to likes to go shopping and so do I. You're right bro its like that when you find the right one. I'm glad I finally did.

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 11:44 am
I have little advice on any matter here seeing that I can't hold a relationship for longer than 4 months.....lol........these south Florida are hard to tolerate after a few weeks....

R.Bearse1
11-16-07, 11:49 am
I have little advice on any matter here seeing that I can't hold a relationship for longer than 4 months.....lol........these south Florida are hard to tolerate after a few weeks....
Let me guess...high maintenance women?
hahaha...thanks for that. I can now ex Florida off of my list of places to relocate to when I get home from Iraq. haha

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 12:08 pm
Let me guess...high maintenance women?
hahaha...thanks for that. I can now ex Florida off of my list of places to relocate to when I get home from Iraq. haha

LOL....high maintenance is a compliment.....

Girl : " OMG I just got a new handbag"

Me: " great, where did you get that?"

Girl: " Neiman Marcus and it only cost $1600 dollars!!"

me: *collapses*

Thats pretty much how it rolls down here.....lol....

R.Bearse1
11-16-07, 12:22 pm
LOL....high maintenance is a compliment.....

Girl : " OMG I just got a new handbag"

Me: " great, where did you get that?"

Girl: " Neiman Marcus and it only cost $1600 dollars!!"

me: *collapses*

Thats pretty much how it rolls down here.....lol....

1600 for a handbag!!???! Good Lord!

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 12:24 pm
1600 for a handbag!!???! Good Lord!

LOL....the sad part is im not exaggerating.....I almost died.....This one girl I dated LOVED expensive stuff. Her shoes cost like 500 dollars a pair, she had shirts and dresses that ranged from 700-2000 dollar. And the purses, its unbelievelable. She actually once said " I'd rather buy a new purse than buy food if I was starving" .....I knew at that point this wasnt' gonna work, lol.

R.Bearse1
11-16-07, 12:25 pm
LOL....the sad part is im not exaggerating.....I almost died.....This one girl I dated LOVED expensive stuff. Her shoes cost like 500 dollars a pair, she had shirts and dresses that ranged from 700-2000 dollar. And the purses, its unbelievelable. She actually once said " I'd rather buy a new purse than buy food if I was starving" .....I knew at that point this wasnt' gonna work, lol.

Should have handed her a card to a psychiatrist(sp?) haha

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 12:34 pm
Should have handed her a card to a psychiatrist(sp?) haha

LOL....she thought that I was crazy!!! ME!!!......" you workout too much, you eat too much, your crazy"......I was stunned........somehow me spending 150 a month on supplements was worse than her spending thousands on her wardrobe.....::sigh::

R.Bearse1
11-16-07, 12:45 pm
LOL....she thought that I was crazy!!! ME!!!......" you workout too much, you eat too much, your crazy"......I was stunned........somehow me spending 150 a month on supplements was worse than her spending thousands on her wardrobe.....::sigh::
Remember,
They won't ever understand us...lol.

shortstack
11-16-07, 1:44 pm
I don't claim to have all the answers, just what works for me.

The person that you are has to be reflected at all times. The dedication that you have to lifting carries over to the dedication to you family, country, friends, whatever. If you have a strong character and are consistent in who you are, everyone else will see that. If they refuse to see that and let you be who you are, you have to ask if they have your best interest in mind. If not, why waste your time, even if it hurts?

Here is a great quote that may help my brothers and sisters on here as much as it has helped me.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

I had to add this one also.

"He that always gives way to others will end in having no principles of his own."
-Aesop

ironjim87
11-16-07, 1:46 pm
It depends on what you want. If you want a girlfriend, then you have to balance time spent in the gym and time spent with her. I don't think it's a problem, cause if you workout 2hours at a time, 4 times a week, that's eight hours a week in the gym. There's plenty of time to have a girlfriend. Shit, animals need some lovin.

Powerfreak
11-16-07, 1:51 pm
Problem solved.
My wife will never bitch about my training, and would NEVER choose clothing over supps or food.
Good Luck

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=IMG_5346006.jpg

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 1:54 pm
It depends on what you want. If you want a girlfriend, then you have to balance time spent in the gym and time spent with her. I don't think it's a problem, cause if you workout 2hours at a time, 4 times a week, that's eight hours a week in the gym. There's plenty of time to have a girlfriend. Shit, animals need some lovin.

Very True, I balanced my G/F with two jobs, training and school. I only slept like 4 hours a night though....lol...I wasn't very educated back then as you can see.

Malloy1344
11-16-07, 1:55 pm
Problem solved.
My wife will never bitch about my training, and would NEVER choose clothing over supps or food.
Good Luck

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=IMG_5346006.jpg

Very true!

R.Bearse1
11-16-07, 2:44 pm
Problem solved.
Good Luck

The girl I'm talking to now is pretty fucking cool with it. I had the talk with her the other night (while she was rubbing my fucked up shoulder), She said this to me and it's the best thing you could hear from your girlfriend/fiancee/wife

"If it is important to you, then it is beautiful."

In my head I was screaming "SAAAWEEEEETT!!!" haha

damitramit
12-06-07, 2:11 am
how do u guys manage to keep a girlfriend or a girl interested in you if your always working out? I met this girl and from the git go she knew i LOVED the gym..so she even got a pass and we would do cardio together at the end ..but i would workout alone..i would push her to go cus she said she like it as well and wanted me to push her!! but lately shes been laggin on going and shes been gettin mad cus i tell her to go....we argue about that alot!! it sucks cus shes cool..but man i NEED someone who likes the gym as well!!! and i really dont talk to the girls at the gym cus im workin out and dont wanna be like the guys who sit around..TRY to talk to girls there ..even when the girl is obiosuly anoyyed by them! i like to go WORKOUT and go home!!!but i feel if im ever gonna have a serious relationship its gonna HAVE TO be with a female that also enjoys fitness and eatin rite!!! any expiriences u guys have had??? ;/

norrim1
12-06-07, 2:18 am
how do u guys manage to keep a girlfriend or a girl interested in you if your always working out? I met this girl and from the git go she knew i LOVED the gym..so she even got a pass and we would do cardio together at the end ..but i would workout alone..i would push her to go cus she said she like it as well and wanted me to push her!! but lately shes been laggin on going and shes been gettin mad cus i tell her to go....we argue about that alot!! it sucks cus shes cool..but man i NEED someone who likes the gym as well!!! and i really dont talk to the girls at the gym cus im workin out and dont wanna be like the guys who sit around..TRY to talk to girls there ..even when the girl is obiosuly anoyyed by them! i like to go WORKOUT and go home!!!but i feel if im ever gonna have a serious relationship its gonna HAVE TO be with a female that also enjoys fitness and eatin rite!!! any expiriences u guys have had??? ;/

It's all about time management my friend. I don't have a girlfriend, but I do go on some casual dates. If this girl doesn't want to go to the gym it's not the end of it. Besides, you can't push her into it if she doesn't want to. Not everyone shares the same kind of mentality that we do when it comes to the gym. Here's what I do sometimes: I go to the gym on my off days and just do some light cardio or stretching. I notice some girls in there that are really serious into lifting that have asked me questions before. This is the perfect time for me to elaborate on what I had told them before as well as strike up a conversation with other girls that may be in there at the time. When I come to work, it's all business. You have to make time for things like that if you really want to be in a relationship and keep it. If their cool, at the very least you gained a gym partner. Maybe more. If not, there's plenty of other girls out there that you can find that will stick by you with this. If you find one that's willing to go the distance with you like that, she's a keeper.

Achilles
12-06-07, 2:52 am
I'm gonna give you the best advice ive ever gotten on women. the same things you where doing in your life the week before you meet a girl, do those same things the week after. Dont you dare disrupt your lifes routine for her. You let her acclimate herself into your routine.

nawaaz
12-06-07, 6:12 am
Try this thread; "Girls and the Iron Life"

It's been around for a while now, and has lots of input from brothers.

nawaaz

micromachine
02-05-08, 5:05 pm
Ive been dating this girl and well she always tells me that being to big and strong is gross. I here it almost everyday of my life as if one day I will wake up a monster. I dont understand..In my mind I love putting up numbers but I can always here the voice that I will be to strong and vascular. What do I do?

krazyassmexican
02-05-08, 5:07 pm
if you wanna take mine

it is leave her
if your girlfriend loves you she would love you no matter how you look like
call it 400lbs with 50%bf or 250 with 6% bf
shit even 140lbs with 10%

WK
02-05-08, 5:07 pm
fuck it
get huge.

Hardcore4Life
02-05-08, 5:23 pm
run a search and you'll find tons of tips

if you wanna take mine

it is leave her
if your girlfriend loves you she would love you no matter how you look like
call it 400lbs with 50%bf or 250 with 6% bf
shit even 140lbs with 10%

so true in words..my girl doesnt care when im bulked up huge faced with no lines or when im shredded as hell...she supports me either way..

remember keep positive people in your life.. those who bring negative attention tell them to get the fuck out..they'll bring you down..

srb3189
02-05-08, 5:26 pm
fuck it
get huge.

omg I almost fell out of my chair laughing dude. You said exactly what I was thinking. You sum up my attitude perfectly.

-Steve

Brick By Brick
02-06-08, 1:00 am
I apologize for being lazy, but I didn't read all 28 pages of this thread, so if what I'm about to say has been covered, I apologize in advance.
BUT if it makes any of you fellas feel any better, I'm having the same problem with my husband. I work 12 hour days, 4 days on/4 off, I have a one hour commute, and when I come home at 8 p.m., and it's a training day, I get my son to bed, change into my training clothes, kiss my husband, and head to the garage for 45-60 minutes. Usually, when I come back in, he's in bed asleep. He complains that I'm always in the garage. I've compromised a few things, but the training schedule stays the same. I told him, 1.) It's cheaper than crack. 2.) It's a healthy habit, and he's always harping about things like that. 3.) It's in the garage, and not at the rink, so I'm close to home, not like the past 9 years when I was playing hockey.
And basically, I'm a lifter, and that's what I do. I'm going to fight to keep my lifestyle, and I think I have a good case for the time I put in. He does not exercise, and has poor eating habits. He won't join me when I lift or do HIIT. I keep telling him to buy more life insurance.
Besides, if he'd rather have me at the mall buying $1600 handbags, I guess I could just start doing that. I don't like to shop, and I spend too much money on supplements to buy a bunch of other crap I don't need.
If I ever get divorced for some reason, I'll probably marry another powerlifter/strongman competitor.

RobotsThink
02-06-08, 2:52 am
Ive been dating this girl and well she always tells me that being to big and strong is gross. I here it almost everyday of my life as if one day I will wake up a monster. I dont understand..In my mind I love putting up numbers but I can always here the voice that I will be to strong and vascular. What do I do?

Thats true ,man. Its the same thing i am hearing these days . Can't help it . We wanna grow big ...n gals like the other type. What to do ? ;)

Themostocles
02-06-08, 6:45 am
Well, I no expert at what they want, but I keep finding traits they don't want. But if she doesn't like you big, there isn't a compromise, unless its you compromising yourself and your goals. Physical attraction rarely changes, it is or it isn't. Be friends, but don't force it or drag it out, its likely to go all bad in the end, with everyone getting hurt. -T.

IronWilson
02-06-08, 6:51 am
My girlfriend sometimes wigs out on me about always being at the gym, the way I eat, etc. But she accepts it, sometimes she just have to let off a little steam. At first in our relationship, she didn't think she could deal with it. Its just a matter if you two want to be together enough.

One thing you should avoid is disclosure of money spent on supplements. For instance, I received a platinum card from a certain supplement store, one you can only get from spending over $1,000 in a year. Yeah, she didn't like that one too much.

Brute
02-06-08, 9:47 am
I apologize for being lazy, but I didn't read all 28 pages of this thread, so if what I'm about to say has been covered, I apologize in advance.
BUT if it makes any of you fellas feel any better, I'm having the same problem with my husband. I work 12 hour days, 4 days on/4 off, I have a one hour commute, and when I come home at 8 p.m., and it's a training day, I get my son to bed, change into my training clothes, kiss my husband, and head to the garage for 45-60 minutes. Usually, when I come back in, he's in bed asleep. He complains that I'm always in the garage. I've compromised a few things, but the training schedule stays the same. I told him, 1.) It's cheaper than crack. 2.) It's a healthy habit, and he's always harping about things like that. 3.) It's in the garage, and not at the rink, so I'm close to home, not like the past 9 years when I was playing hockey.
And basically, I'm a lifter, and that's what I do. I'm going to fight to keep my lifestyle, and I think I have a good case for the time I put in. He does not exercise, and has poor eating habits. He won't join me when I lift or do HIIT. I keep telling him to buy more life insurance.
Besides, if he'd rather have me at the mall buying $1600 handbags, I guess I could just start doing that. I don't like to shop, and I spend too much money on supplements to buy a bunch of other crap I don't need.
If I ever get divorced for some reason, I'll probably marry another powerlifter/strongman competitor.

Hey, I wanted to chime in here because I'm married too (3 years, so I guess I'm still "new" but whatever), and I have to struggle with this sometimes as well. For me, sitting down with zero distractions and having a lengthy discussion usually helps the issue. I have a bad habit of getting pretty passionate about it, so my voice goes up and I come off sounding angry or preachy, but if I can hold it together I can make my wife see the light. I've managed to get her interested in nutrition and exercise now as well, so things have become easier.

I'm no marriage counselor, and to be honest I've found marriage to be pretty fucking hard at times, but overall talking as often and as civil as possible helps the most...and that's tough for me to do a lot of the time. Personally, I think there's a different/additional issue that's really bothering him and he's using the "you're always in the garage" as a cover for that...see if you can dig into him and get the real issues out.

Punisher
02-06-08, 10:27 am
IMo a lot of problems with relatiosnhips have absolutely nothing to do with working too much or going to the gym there are usually some deeper issues involved

Brute
02-06-08, 10:29 am
IMo a lot of problems with relatiosnhips have absolutely nothing to do with working too much or going to the gym there are usually some deeper issues involved

Agreed.

Brick By Brick
02-06-08, 12:44 pm
Nah, it's all good. We came to an agreement about my training, and he's good with it. I was willing to accept my share of the blame and compromise. We've been together almost 10 years, so we've been down this road before with hockey. The 'unspoken' part that really cracks me up is, he's jealous by nature, and I think that he thinks any visual self-improvement on my part is a threat to our marriage. He thinks that every man sees me the same way he does. I love that he thinks I'm so hot, but trust me, I'm not your prototypical skinny blonde girl with big tits. Just about the polar opposite. And I have never, ever cheated on any of my boyfriends, or my husband. So, I think it's the jealousy thing. He had a GF in the past that cheated on him. I've been a good GF/fiancee/wife for 10 years, so if he's stuck on that, he might need a therapist.

RobotsThink
02-06-08, 12:47 pm
Nah, it's all good. We came to an agreement about my training, and he's good with it. I was willing to accept my share of the blame and compromise. We've been together almost 10 years, so we've been down this road before with hockey. The 'unspoken' part that really cracks me up is, he's jealous by nature, and I think that he thinks any visual self-improvement on my part is a threat to our marriage. He thinks that every man sees me the same way he does. I love that he thinks I'm so hot, but trust me, I'm not your prototypical skinny blonde girl with big tits. Just about the polar opposite. And I have never, ever cheated on any of my boyfriends, or my husband. So, I think it's the jealousy thing. He had a GF in the past that cheated on him. I've been a good GF/fiancee/wife for 10 years, so if he's stuck on that, he might need a therapist.

woooooooo ...gr8 to know this part of story. Its all about being animal from outside but humble n kind from inside ;)

Brute
02-06-08, 1:41 pm
So, I think it's the jealousy thing. He had a GF in the past that cheated on him. I've been a good GF/fiancee/wife for 10 years, so if he's stuck on that, he might need a therapist.

If it's just jealousy it should die off over time, at least that's what happened in my situation.

Cellerator65
02-07-08, 2:58 pm
just remember everyone: S.O.B.

supplements over bitches

hopefully someone will get a laugh outta that.

krazyassmexican
02-07-08, 2:59 pm
just remember everyone: S.O.B.

supplements over bitches

hopefully someone will get a laugh outta that.

i never consider my girl or call my girl that word even if she doesnt want to support me
my girl is my queen

kyderz
02-07-08, 3:01 pm
i never consider my girl or call my girl that word even if she doesnt want to support me
my girl is my queen

It is not meant literally bro.

krazyassmexican
02-07-08, 3:02 pm
It is not meant literally bro.

i dunno
bro that maybe the reason some girls have been playing with me or my current girl calls me teddy bear and cares for me so much

but the last time i would ever do to a girl is diss her in any way

spanish.iron
02-07-08, 4:21 pm
i dunno
bro that maybe the reason some girls have been playing with me or my current girl calls me teddy bear and cares for me so much

but the last time i would ever do to a girl is diss her in any way

It's cool to have respect... I got tons of respect for woman myself. But there's a difference between holding them high and getting totally walked on. Gurls that take advantage of a nice guy don't deserve respect. Woman breath, eat and shit just like men. If a gurl is treating me such a way that I feel insulted, offended, worthless or disrespected...then she don't deserve respect.

You gotta have a mature perspective on this. Some men are assholes...some woman are bitches. Only a woman that truly loves you, from the heart and unconditionally, deserves to be called your "queen". Just cuz a gurl is a gurl doesn't mean she can get away with anything without being told off (as it is with guys). Don't let yourself get walked on. Stand tall and know your worth.

Brute Strength
02-07-08, 4:25 pm
It's cool to have respect... I got tons of respect for woman myself. But there's a difference between holding them high and getting totally walked on. Gurls that take advantage of a nice guy don't deserve respect. Woman breath, eat and shit just like men. If a gurl is treating me such a way that I feel insulted, offended, worthless or disrespected...then she don't deserve respect.

You gotta have a mature perspective on this. Some men are assholes...some woman are bitches. Only a woman that truly loves you, from the heart and unconditionally, deserves to be called your "queen". Just cuz a gurl is a gurl doesn't mean she can get away with anything without being told off (as it is with guys). Don't let yourself get walked on. Stand tall and know your worth.

very good
encore encore
i tell my pops that all the time, about i treat girls with the utmost respect but i will not be their doormat into my heart and let them step all over me.

krazyassmexican
02-07-08, 4:27 pm

i understand i had a girl which i started talking about in my log today
she was a nightmare
i didnt diss her when she deserve it

the girl that i got now she's my queen dude, you should see the way she treats me
she deserves heaven

spanish.iron
02-07-08, 4:31 pm
i understand i had a girl which i started talking about in my log today
she was a nightmare
i didnt diss her when she deserve it

the girl that i got now she's my queen dude, you should see the way she treats me
she deserves heaven

That's good to hear man. I've yet to find a keeper lol. Being a shy guy doesn't help much... But yeah, I've seen a couple posts of urs here and there in the past few months...I think it was about the gurl that was a "nightmare". Glad to see your in better company lol.

krazyassmexican
02-07-08, 4:33 pm
That's good to hear man. I've yet to find a keeper lol. Being a shy guy doesn't help much... But yeah, I've seen a couple posts of urs here and there in the past few months...I think it was about the gurl that was a "nightmare". Glad to see your in better company lol.

i dunno which post i am talking about the girl that broke up with me recently that is my queen
she left to mexico for vacations and before she left she told me she loves me and that when she comes back everything is gonna be alright

the other day she called me and made my day so bright

hey i am shy too bro
i was just lucky to find this one

Malloy1344
02-07-08, 4:37 pm
I never had too much trouble balancing both. My G/F would give me shit when i couldn't hang out with her, but i'd just do something really sweet for her when i saw her. Always worked, lol. She didn't mind the muscles either, so all in all.....i guess I was lucky.

Barbenders Babe
02-07-08, 4:52 pm
Okay "brothers", some input from the other side. bottom line, if the relationship is work in the beginning, its gonna be work in the end. this is a tough subject but go with your gut feelling. if you are on here askin your boys if you think she should go, you already have your answer. Barbender and i have an awesome relationship but we both had to work on it. it is very important to find that bond with your girl if this is your lifestlye and you have been doing it a long time. she has to understand what overtraining is, how important it is to pass up a beer at a party or better yet, passing up the party b/c you are exhausted from last night's workout, putting off "date" night for the same reason as mentioned, she has to know how to cook clean meals for cutting (clean meals with extra cals for bulking in our house), calculate protein, carb & fat ratios, make sure your gym bag is by the door and not tucked away in the closet, having your supps easy to get, having quick foods ready for when you are on the run and need your 7th meal in before the gym and soooo on. the small things make the difference and what you feel inside puts it all together. the bonus is having your girl interested in fitness and good health. our home is a happy, healthy one. we work out together and eat together. we back one another and help each other get thru sucky workouts and bad days. i back my man 100% and he has my back with figure training. together we can do anything!

Big Dude 54
03-22-08, 1:37 am
It wasn't even 24 hours ago that I told my wife that I had officially begun contest preparation and that my diet would only consist of a few foods and nothing else. She's been on this road with me before mind you ....

I get a call today from her and she tells me that she's grocery shopping. Problem ... I do the grocery shopping because I know what we should be eating and not eating. I didn't express any frustration with her at that time ... and then I came home tonight after work. I open up to see what she bought and sure enough, it's 99% shit. Hamburger helper, M&M trail mix, white pasta, pre-portioned cookie dough, some chocolate flavored coffee creamer, etc, etc, etc.

I haven't said shit to her and frankly I don't know what to say. I've had these conversations with her before but to no avail my words seem to fall on deaf ears. I'm at the point right now where I want to lay into her for being so ignorant but I won't. I'll seethe for a bit and then let her know.

Is there any one else here who can empathize with my situation and if so what did you do to fix the problem?

End of vent ......

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 1:42 am
It wasn't even 24 hours ago that I told my wife that I have begun contest preparation and that my diet would only consist of a few foods and nothing else.

I get a call today from her and she tells me that she's grocery shopping. Problem ... I do the grocery shopping because I know what we should be eating and not eating. I didn't express any frustration with her at that time ... and then I came home tonight after work. I open up to see what she bought and sure enough, it's 99% shit. Hamburger helper, M&M trail mix, white pasta, pre-portioned cookie dough, some chocolate flavored coffee creamer, etc, etc, etc.

I haven't said shit to her and frankly I don't know what to say. I've had these conversations with her before but to no avail my words seem to fall on deaf ears. I'm at the point right now where I want to lay into her for being so ignorant but I won't. I'll seethe for a bit and then let her know.

Is there any one else here who can empathize with my situation and if so what did you do to fix the problem?

End of vent ......

ha sounds like the shit i have to deal with with my roommate, living off shit sucks and im not really on any diet inparticular..

if it it hasnt sunk in yet with her liek you said try and stress it more or write out what she can buy so she has a list of things..

surfaced
03-22-08, 11:48 am
the way i see it is that 100% of people that dont do it (no matter how close to you they are) dont understand. "so what if you skip todays workout make it up tomorrow" "one bad meal isnt going to make a difference" etc. etc. i think thats just something you gotta deal with it cuz no matter how many times you explain it to her she might not see how important it is to you. sorry bud

killyouintheface
03-22-08, 3:25 pm
Even before I got into training and trying to redefine that aspect of myself, I was really selfish. My money is to be spent on me. My time is better spent dedicated to bettering myself, or making myself happy and content with my hobbies and my work.

Don't get me wrong, I love women. I have a few female friends that I get together with that understand what I'm trying to do and that I like having friends, but nobody's going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my free time; and they get to stay around because of that.

I'm 28 years old, and I have more important things to do with my time than chase tail.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 3:29 pm
Even before I got into training and trying to redefine that aspect of myself, I was really selfish. My money is to be spent on me. My time is better spent dedicated to bettering myself, or making myself happy and content with my hobbies and my work.

Don't get me wrong, I love women. I have a few female friends that I get together with that understand what I'm trying to do and that I like having friends, but nobody's going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my free time; and they get to stay around because of that.

I'm 28 years old, and I have more important things to do with my time than chase tail.

so im not alone in my belief that you dont have to have a girl to be happy?? amazing, all my buddies keep tellin me i need one to bring balance an order, i think they need em to tell them when to quit drinkin..

killyouintheface
03-22-08, 3:54 pm
so im not alone in my belief that you dont have to have a girl to be happy?? amazing, all my buddies keep tellin me i need one to bring balance an order, i think they need em to tell them when to quit drinkin..

Nope. Everybody, ultimately, makes their own way. I'm firmly convinced that if you rely on others to make you happy or make you feel safe, you'll never be any of those things.

Other people are generally a drag anyway.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 4:19 pm
Nope. Everybody, ultimately, makes their own way. I'm firmly convinced that if you rely on others to make you happy or make you feel safe, you'll never be any of those things.

Other people are generally a drag anyway.

good point... i seem to be doing just fine on my own..

yeah my friends bring me down sometime, just cause i used to be able to drink them under the table doesnt mean i want to anymore.. just found better things to do with my life..

Phil800101
03-22-08, 4:20 pm

Very true, well said brother!

That being said, there is a huge difference between trying to get some, or having a meaningless relationship, and having a relationship with a supportive loving person who is really there for you. You need to have your own shit in order for sure, but having someone who stands behind you and who is always there for you with love and support is a wonderful thing.

In my case, I'm speaking not from personal experience, but rather from what I've seen and heard, and what I have been told. But I'm looking brothers, and one day I know I will find that woman. For now though, I'm perfectly content going the road alone...for now.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 4:29 pm
Very true, well said brother!

That being said, there is a huge difference between trying to get some, or having a meaningless relationship, and having a relationship with a supportive loving person who is really there for you. You need to have your own shit in order for sure, but having someone who stands behind you and who is always there for you with love and support is a wonderful thing.

In my case, I'm speaking not from personal experience, but rather from what I've seen and heard, and what I have been told. But I'm looking brothers, and one day I know I will find that woman. For now though, I'm perfectly content going the road alone...for now.

good point.... i suppose if someone supported you itd be much different, someone who appreciates what we do would be nice for a change..

and when that day comes you find that woman will you see if she has a sister in texas??

BrotherInArms
03-22-08, 4:47 pm
You've got to the let the girl know from the relationship's onset that she isn't the only woman in your life, sister iron is as well. If she doesn't 'let you' train four or five hours a week, she needs to be shown the door.

killyouintheface
03-22-08, 4:50 pm
good point.... i suppose if someone supported you itd be much different, someone who appreciates what we do would be nice for a change..

and when that day comes you find that woman will you see if she has a sister in texas??

Yeah, those are all good points.

One thing to keep in mind: When I say things, the only person I'm speaking on behalf of is myself. I don't want anybody to get the impression that I'm chest-thumping, or that I'm trying to tell them how they ought to live.

Do whatever's best for you, always.

Dingo
03-22-08, 6:35 pm
It wasn't even 24 hours ago that I told my wife that I had officially begun contest preparation and that my diet would only consist of a few foods and nothing else. She's been on this road with me before mind you ....

End of vent ......

does she live it with you? i mean the training and dieting, or is it just your thing? i find even now that the dieting (learning to eat right) sometimes drives a wedge in between my fiancee and i. i dont compete, but i am trying to keep a stranglehold on my bf levels and lean mass. she goes to the gym with me and understands about the lifestyle, that its not just some passing hobby. even with that she and i still have our problems. we find it's easier to have 2 seperate shopping lists, one for me and one for her. so when im being strict on my foods, i can still get what i want, and her beeing more loose and "needing" variety can get what she wants.
it comes down to understanding, support and moderation.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 7:02 pm
Yeah, those are all good points.

One thing to keep in mind: When I say things, the only person I'm speaking on behalf of is myself. I don't want anybody to get the impression that I'm chest-thumping, or that I'm trying to tell them how they ought to live.

Do whatever's best for you, always.

i think we all realize that, it just seems like a good way to go, said woman will come around sooner or later..

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:17 pm
I've said it before...it's not easy for the female Animals either...I get told I intimidate guys...WTF!? "You look like you could beat the shit outta me!" Me in the gym and me outside the gym - two very different creatures!

My PT instructor at the Academy told me, "You'll never find a boyfriend if you keep outlifting all the guys!" I laughed and told him, "Sir, just means they gotta lift more!"

I think I've dated one guy that would work out with me...ONE. *sigh*

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 7:27 pm
I've said it before...it's not easy for the female Animals either...I get told I intimidate guys...WTF!? "You look like you could beat the shit outta me!" Me in the gym and me outside the gym - two very different creatures!

My PT instructor at the Academy told me, "You'll never find a boyfriend if you keep outlifting all the guys!" I laughed and told him, "Sir, just means they gotta lift more!"

I think I've dated one guy that would work out with me...ONE. *sigh*

aww come on sugarbutt, your a sweet girl, theres gotta be more than ONE guy in our big ol state that would date a girl like you.. they probably dont live in laredo though..

i think some guys are intimidated by a strong woman, or embarassed shes stronger than him.. personally im not, gotta have a girl who can fend for her self right?

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:36 pm
aww come on sugarbutt, your a sweet girl, theres gotta be more than ONE guy in our big ol state that would date a girl like you.. they probably dont live in laredo though..

i think some guys are intimidated by a strong woman, or embarassed shes stronger than him.. personally im not, gotta have a girl who can fend for her self right?

HA! I'm lucky to find a guy that SPEAKS ENGLISH around here...man, I miss Dallas.

drperry
03-22-08, 7:40 pm
I dream about having a girlfriend that would come to the gym with me, spot me and do her thing as well. Mix my pre workouts for me and my shakes. Someone who understands I need to eat every 3 hours or i get vicious.

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:42 pm
I dream about having a girlfriend that would come to the gym with me, spot me and do her thing as well. Mix my pre workouts for me and my shakes. Someone who understands I need to eat every 3 hours or i get vicious.

A'ight...mix your own damn shakes! She's gotta make hers!! =)

Sorry, I just have an image in my head of some guy asking me to make his shakes..."Ummm...no." =D

Roland
03-22-08, 7:42 pm
Okay "brothers", some input from the other side. bottom line, if the relationship is work in the beginning, its gonna be work in the end. this is a tough subject but go with your gut feelling. if you are on here askin your boys if you think she should go, you already have your answer. Barbender and i have an awesome relationship but we both had to work on it. it is very important to find that bond with your girl if this is your lifestlye and you have been doing it a long time. she has to understand what overtraining is, how important it is to pass up a beer at a party or better yet, passing up the party b/c you are exhausted from last night's workout, putting off "date" night for the same reason as mentioned, she has to know how to cook clean meals for cutting (clean meals with extra cals for bulking in our house), calculate protein, carb & fat ratios, make sure your gym bag is by the door and not tucked away in the closet, having your supps easy to get, having quick foods ready for when you are on the run and need your 7th meal in before the gym and soooo on. the small things make the difference and what you feel inside puts it all together. the bonus is having your girl interested in fitness and good health. our home is a happy, healthy one. we work out together and eat together. we back one another and help each other get thru sucky workouts and bad days. i back my man 100% and he has my back with figure training. together we can do anything!

Wow...you sound like the perfect one here LOL. Seriously, where I live or the college I go to there's really a low amount of ladies that would be into this lifestyle...hopefully some day...one day. Most of the young people/girls are into the partying scene here so it's gonna be pretty damn hard finding that special person.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 7:45 pm
HA! I'm lucky to find a guy that SPEAKS ENGLISH around here...man, I miss Dallas.

haha its hard to find people who speak english here too.. houston wasnt much better either..

Roland
03-22-08, 7:45 pm
A'ight...mix your own damn shakes! She's gotta make hers!! =)

Sorry, I just have an image in my head of some guy asking me to make his shakes..."Ummm...no." =D

LOL...

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:47 pm
LOL...

Don't get me wrong - I'll bake your effin' chicken...cook you broccoli...put on your fake tanner...spot you...whatever...but if your ass is too damn lazy to SHAKE A SHAKER CUP...move on. =D

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:50 pm
haha its hard to find people who speak english here too.. houston wasnt much better either..

Haha...I remember back in freakin' Dallas, I was training with this guy...he was from like, Eastern Europe, but spoke perfect Spanish...anyway, we were training one day and some guy starts talking to him in Spanish and lookin' at me...The trainer was like, "Wha? You wanna talk to her? Go to school and learn English!" I about died laughing...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 7:50 pm
Don't get me wrong - I'll bake your effin' chicken...cook you broccoli...put on your fake tanner...spot you...whatever...but if your ass is too damn lazy to SHAKE A SHAKER CUP...move on. =D

haha i think i can shake my own cup thank you very much! but the rest of it sounds good... you free next weekend to cook?? lol

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:53 pm
haha i think i can shake my own cup thank you very much! but the rest of it sounds good... you free next weekend to cook?? lol

Hahah...that's the one thing I like about people who lift seriously and keep a clean diet...I can cook that shit!! I can bake chicken and boil broccoli...it's the extravagant Italian dinners and crap like that I can't do...=)

drperry
03-22-08, 7:57 pm

its just a dream lol. In the dream shes always happy to make it for me too!

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 7:57 pm
its just a dream lol. In the dream shes always happy to make it for me too!

LOL...keep dreamin', bro...haha...I'm kidding. Kinda.

eblnyc
03-22-08, 8:27 pm
i gotta agree with sugar on this one..you boys always looking for a women just like mom..lol

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 8:34 pm
Hahah...that's the one thing I like about people who lift seriously and keep a clean diet...I can cook that shit!! I can bake chicken and boil broccoli...it's the extravagant Italian dinners and crap like that I can't do...=)

haha dont worry i can cover the extravagant italian dinners, my mom taught me how to cook all the good stuff.. but chicken and brocoli and rice sounds good any day of the week..

i gotta agree with sugar on this one..you boys always looking for a women just like mom..lol

yeah id like a woman kind of like my mom, as in shell cook sometimes, ill share the reponsibilities with her i love to cook.. but my mommy never watched my diet, some of you have met me and can vouch for that.. someone who can cook healthy and make sure i take all my supps and make sure i get to the gym isnt to much to ask is it??

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 9:30 pm
haha dont worry i can cover the extravagant italian dinners, my mom taught me how to cook all the good stuff.. but chicken and brocoli and rice sounds good any day of the week..

yeah id like a woman kind of like my mom, as in shell cook sometimes, ill share the reponsibilities with her i love to cook.. but my mommy never watched my diet, some of you have met me and can vouch for that.. someone who can cook healthy and make sure i take all my supps and make sure i get to the gym isnt to much to ask is it??
Haha! That's my thing...if I have a guy that's as into this as I am, it would be a helluva lot easier...I mean, seriously, leaving a guy at 0500 to go to the gym...and you get the "where the fuck are you going" look? Hah.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 9:40 pm
Haha! That's my thing...if I have a guy that's as into this as I am, it would be a helluva lot easier...I mean, seriously, leaving a guy at 0500 to go to the gym...and you get the "where the fuck are you going" look? Hah.

haha at least hed go with you at 5 and not look at you like your crazy when you came back...... its hard to convience my male roommates what i do isnt crazy

need2getBIG
03-22-08, 9:42 pm
my fiancee is supportive of my lifting,she knows to leave me be when im hittin the iron

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 9:44 pm
my fiancee is supportive of my lifting,she knows to leave me be when im hittin the iron

you lucky bastard...

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 9:45 pm
haha at least hed go with you at 5 and not look at you like your crazy when you came back...... its hard to convience my male roommates what i do isnt crazy

Hah! No guy I've been with has ever gone with me at 0500...I got up one time at 0530 and was leaving, and this guy was like, "Where are you going? It's 5:30!" I responded, "I know!! The gym's been open for half an hour! I'm late!!" and took off...=D

SQUAT or DIE!
03-22-08, 9:49 pm
Hah! No guy I've been with has ever gone with me at 0500...I got up one time at 0530 and was leaving, and this guy was like, "Where are you going? It's 5:30!" I responded, "I know!! The gym's been open for half an hour! I'm late!!" and took off...=D

haha id cry tears of joy if a girl ever told me that.. i prefer late mornings or evening workouts.. but i would be ok with her getting up that early and working out, maybe when she came back shed cook breakfast and i could have some too!!! hmmm only in my dreams

Themostocles
03-22-08, 10:21 pm
Hell, I can cook, clean, lift, and have a steady well paying job. I just got to find a woman that will put up with me...lol... -T.

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 10:24 pm
Hell, I can cook, clean, lift, and have a steady well paying job. I just got to find a woman that will put up with me...lol... -T.

Haha...must be rough...

Themostocles
03-22-08, 10:27 pm
Not rough, just lonely. Just a bunch of lazy women around here, or that I have found. The only dead weight I am going to carry is the iron. -T.

need2getBIG
03-22-08, 10:29 pm
you lucky bastard...

lol its only cause she says i give her a "look"

Sugarbutt
03-22-08, 10:31 pm
The only dead weight I am going to carry is the iron. -T.

That, right there, is great.

Vaze_06
03-22-08, 11:54 pm
hey bro,

was going through the posts... true you ain't gonna find many women that will understand what you're feeling.. but what do you do when it's the opposite?
i'm a girl, into this game and LOVING IT... 17 so sure i have all my life in front of me to find the right guy and blabla ...
but until now... almost none of the guys understand my motivation ... for them woman should be delicate, no heavy weights, no veins popping from everywhere or have big muscles....
guys my ages... don't even think about it they are afraid of me!
as for the older guy complain that i give to much time for gym, getting to strong, shouldn't been working out that much and when i suggest to go train with me (that way we see each other more)... they can't! ( afraid of feeling to sore the next day or simply afraid that i can push as heavy as them... guy and their ego... who knows!)

Once in the gym, this hot guy was smiling at me when i was doing my back and the only thing he got was a look of ''Who the hell are you looking at, don't you see i'm trainning here!''
i mean my face was red, i was sweating like hell trying to get those last reps done... what the hell do you except?! you ain't gonna get my most beautiful smile and saying want my number?!

anyways just bringing the point out it ain't easy for the woman either! (dont' know about the others but at least for me lol)
so until now i have been hitting the Iron alone (no complains! love it this way) except sometimes some courage friends coming w/ me (really not often:p)

peace

The Guardian
03-23-08, 1:18 am
ha i love it when my girl lifts more than most guys in the gym...put their asses right in place real quick.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-23-08, 1:29 am
my girl is 6ft 1 and is so lanky. shes so funny to watch doing things like db chest press or lat pull downs. there are arms everywhere. it all looks so much different than the short average size girls im used to training.

my girl knows i need the gym to keep being me. She does everything she can to make sure i have time to go.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-23-08, 1:53 am
lol its only cause she says i give her a "look"

a "look" is it like leave me the hell alone while i lift? or like make me a sanwhich? cause i got a female neighbor and when i look at her when she has food she usually makes me somethin too..

need2getBIG
03-23-08, 8:43 am
a "look" is it like leave me the hell alone while i lift? or like make me a sanwhich? cause i got a female neighbor and when i look at her when she has food she usually makes me somethin too..

i ask her what "look" and she says i look mad lol man i need a neighbor like that!

BamBam
03-23-08, 10:16 am
hey bro,

was going through the posts... true you ain't gonna find many women that will understand what you're feeling.. but what do you do when it's the opposite?
i'm a girl, into this game and LOVING IT... 17 so sure i have all my life in front of me to find the right guy and blabla ...
but until now... almost none of the guys understand my motivation ... for them woman should be delicate, no heavy weights, no veins popping from everywhere or have big muscles....
guys my ages... don't even think about it they are afraid of me!
as for the older guy complain that i give to much time for gym, getting to strong, shouldn't been working out that much and when i suggest to go train with me (that way we see each other more)... they can't! ( afraid of feeling to sore the next day or simply afraid that i can push as heavy as them... guy and their ego... who knows!)

Once in the gym, this hot guy was smiling at me when i was doing my back and the only thing he got was a look of ''Who the hell are you looking at, don't you see i'm trainning here!''
i mean my face was red, i was sweating like hell trying to get those last reps done... what the hell do you except?! you ain't gonna get my most beautiful smile and saying want my number?!

anyways just bringing the point out it ain't easy for the woman either! (dont' know about the others but at least for me lol)
so until now i have been hitting the Iron alone (no complains! love it this way) except sometimes some courage friends coming w/ me (really not often:p)

peace

Haha...true words right here fellas...wise beyond your years...and I assure you that everyone in here knows your drive and determination! Keep pushing it and you will find that right guy...until then, you will be married to the cold Iron in your hands!

Be Good and See ya soon!!
Joshua

SQUAT or DIE!
03-23-08, 12:00 pm
this one happens to be training for a triathalon this summer so we are trying to watch what the other eats... i do a better job at watchin what we eat than she does.. but its amazing all i have to do is ask and shell make me chicken or a salad, its a beautiful thing really..

i have another whose a real healthy eater too and she helps me pick out food sometimes when i go shopping.. i love my apartment complex!!

Themostocles
03-23-08, 12:02 pm
Anyone ever think what engagement really means... I want to spend the rest of my life with you, just not right now. -T.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-23-08, 12:12 pm
Anyone ever think what engagement really means... I want to spend the rest of my life with you, just not right now. -T.

HAHAHAHA!!!! if ya think about it your right... good point

hatebreedXXX69
03-23-08, 12:34 pm
have read a lot from guys who have problems with women and the gym. it must be somewhat easier for the gay/bi guys here who share their gym life with their man; same love /desire for the iron, similar goals, etc. and don't foul yourselves, they are here on this forum.

lol you are one of them aren't you? ;) mr hungry bear

BamBam
03-23-08, 12:56 pm
I got me one fellas....a WOMAN who supports me and loves what I do! She was attracted by my strong will, and then found out about the rest of this Iron lifestyle...and now we r very happy! Been only going strong for about 2 weeks but we have been "talking" for a month or so..getting to know each other so it will work or have a better chance to. She's athletic and lifts too so that helps...but, anywho, I am happy...happier than I have been in a long while.

Vaze_06
03-23-08, 1:35 pm
Haha...true words right here fellas...wise beyond your years...and I assure you that everyone in here knows your drive and determination! Keep pushing it and you will find that right guy...until then, you will be married to the cold Iron in your hands!

Be Good and See ya soon!!
Joshua

Hahaha... my parents aren't really happy of my choice of husband!, but at least they don't complain to much (don't have any choice either) keeps me away from drugs, alcohol, clubbin .... (i don't go either cauz i'm still 17 lol... but i'm serious by nature so never being attracted by those shit anyways!...)
I wouldn't say no to find a partner to go work out with and push me even more to get stronger and bigger!...
but other then the animals of here... when i look at my entourage ... pretty disappointed :(
so i think i will stick to my ipod, the iron and me :):):)
as for my friday, saturday night... if not at the gym... home studying, reading, watching hockey if montreal is playing, basket, boxe.... other words any thing good to watch ;) and for sure keep myself update with the gossip going around (hate them, gives me headaches... but u have to know who is cheating on who etc! just no to be stuck in awkward situation)

later

hatebreedXXX69
03-23-08, 1:41 pm
This is hilarious...does this mean I can have a boyfriend then? Any volunteers here? LOL

lol hahaha me. anyway regarding your husband, sounds like he is just jealous of your achievements. just keep focused and go forward. like someone on here said "there are two types of people in life, those that bring you up and those that bring you down."

just look those that bring you down in the eyes and tell them to fuck off

Vaze_06
03-23-08, 1:44 pm
I got me one fellas....a WOMAN who supports me and loves what I do! She was attracted by my strong will, and then found out about the rest of this Iron lifestyle...and now we r very happy! Been only going strong for about 2 weeks but we have been "talking" for a month or so..getting to know each other so it will work or have a better chance to. She's athletic and lifts too so that helps...but, anywho, I am happy...happier than I have been in a long while.

nice nice... you better take good care of her! as you can see they aren't many like this around...
i don't think you want other fellas steal her from you, (not saying every bro is like that but you still have some that won't care if they have or not a bf... so hate them1)

good luck:)

hatebreedXXX69
03-23-08, 2:16 pm
This is the lonliest life a person could possibly choose. I have full support from my fiance, and full support from all my friends. But it is like a child offering to help Atlas hold the world. When there are hundreds of pounds of iron on the floor, no amount of cheering is going to lift that bar. These people bolster our will, our lives, and our sense of purpose, but I have never met anyone besides you guys that understands. I have yet to see my fire in their eyes, my mania in their workouts. I have seen some pretty good bodybuilders come my way, but they don't look like I do in the mirror...I look like I am hungry. It is always just me against me. The battle is in my head and my heart, one meal, one lift, one day at a time.

Toni, Machine is right.
I may be young, but I have learned some important things. I know that we and the iron are your catharsis. But this, as you know, is a big problem you are shouldering, and the insecurities and jealousies of others are not your burden to bear. You are in the presence of people who understand, and I don't think there is a single heterosexual male on this forum who wouldn't give a bodypart to have a date with you; no worries on what will happen should you choose to end your situation and find another man. Love is a powerful reason to work things out, and it is never an easy taskmaster. Regardless of your ultimate decision, you deserve at the very least respect. Do whatever you need to get it, and let us know if we can help.

he is right. your man is jealous of your achievements. all this negativity does and will continually affect your goals/gains etc until you do something about it. i understand that you are married but divorce exists for a reason and you didnt' mention whether you have a child or not. i live in the uk too, so if you are too sentimental to beat respect out of your man, i'll come do it for you...LOL...so sounds like you are really hot. where can i see your pics?

hatebreedXXX69
03-23-08, 2:39 pm
same way i did it with Jen...she asked what kinds of things i liked....i said i have one real interest in life, and that is powerlifting...and to warn you that if we start dating...you may get upset that i am lifting a LOT and not with you...or that i eat a lot.

just take a look at Jen...she loves the fact that i work out man. and that i told her straight up about it.

if the girl is worth it...and she likes you enough, she will be more understanding of our lifestyle.

Jen asked me the other day, "since you are starting your cutting, is there a different set of meals that i have to cook for it all? Just lemme know and ill do what it takes"

damn i love that girl.

my god, you are the luckies guy on the planet. to have someone who loves you like that and is willing to help you. i'm not a bad looking guy and get a lot of women coming on to me but it's all just for fun. i want a woman like yours man. dude never let her go.

Gazzara
03-23-08, 3:43 pm
To all you young dudes whose girlfriends don't understand your need to lift on the weekends - cheer up guys, it all works out fine after a few years of marriage.

By then, when Friday night rolls around your wife will be saying, "Hey, your driving me crazy around here. Go to the gym and give me a break!"

Themostocles
03-23-08, 3:51 pm
To all you young dudes whose girlfriends don't understand your need to lift on the weekends - cheer up guys, it all works out fine after a few years of marriage.

By then, when Friday night rolls around your wife will be saying, "Hey, your driving me crazy around here. Go to the gym and give me a break!"

Or you end up divorced. I know I am bitter, but realistic. It can happen either way, just treasure it if it turns out well. Don't become complacent with your woman, that is where the trouble begins. We all have our good and bad, treasure the good, be aware of the bad. -T.

BamBam
03-23-08, 5:56 pm
nice nice... you better take good care of her! as you can see they aren't many like this around...
i don't think you want other fellas steal her from you, (not saying every bro is like that but you still have some that won't care if they have or not a bf... so hate them1)

good luck:)

Oh no worries...just hearing her talk to me I know this should be something good. Just gotta take it like I take on the IRON...day by day!

And dont worry...my entourage (as you mentioned in your earlier post) is slim to none. I have a lot of my ANIMAL brothers in here, as well as a few of my sisters in here too!! =)
But as for "friends" where I live...MAYBE 2...and thats pretty bad seeing as how in High School, b4 I took up bodybuilding as a profession rather than lifting as just for a hobby...I had about 500...oh well...I like it!! hehe.

ANYWHO, keep in touch...and you and I def. have the same weekend schedules...glad Im not the ony one really just sitting at home on those nights lol ;) j/k.

In IRON,
Joshua

Vaze_06
03-23-08, 8:14 pm
Oh no worries...just hearing her talk to me I know this should be something good. Just gotta take it like I take on the IRON...day by day!

day by day... THanks! i see that they are still some that know the trick! lol
fellas an hint on how get your hands on the Right woman when you have found here, you have to use time and patience

If you wanna get that cute, smart, intelligent, comprehensive woman.. you will have to work for it! they are always the hardest one to get, but the most worth it. the thing is that they know that they are what guys want, so that's why they ain't gonna pick the first who comes, or the one with the big muscles... but choose the one that will fit to her personality the most.
so that's why you have to let her know you and see that your type of person that she can trust to have a real relationship...

that's my opinion, maybe not 100% right...
but i think that most fellas here already know that, but it's always good to refresh your mind... sometimes you forget or get use of getting girl really easy cauz you have the body, so when it comes to those kind of woman you gonna hit a wall !

peace

BamBam
03-23-08, 8:33 pm
day by day... THanks! i see that they are still some that know the trick! lol
fellas an hint on how get your hands on the Right woman when you have found here, you have to use time and patience

If you wanna get that cute, smart, intelligent, comprehensive woman.. you will have to work for it! they are always the hardest one to get, but the most worth it. the thing is that they know that they are what guys want, so that's why they ain't gonna pick the first who comes, or the one with the big muscles... but choose the one that will fit to her personality the most.
so that's why you have to let her know you and see that your type of person that she can trust to have a real relationship...

that's my opinion, maybe not 100% right...
but i think that most fellas here already know that, but it's always good to refresh your mind... sometimes you forget or get use of getting girl really easy cauz you have the body, so when it comes to those kind of woman you gonna hit a wall !

peace

Again...more wise words! Take her words guys...they r the truth!! Plus, you cant beat advice like this!

fireman9
03-23-08, 8:47 pm
I have a girlfriend right now, who does nothing but tell me how much more I care about my body and the gym than her. This is a girl I thought I could see spending my whole life with... but the more she tries keeping me out of the gym, the harder it gets to want to be anywhere near her. Being 25 I understand I'm getting no younger when it comes to a relationship... are any of you guys out there still single and just in love with only the gym... how do you handle your friday and saturday nights? in the gym like I do now... or are you on that quest for the almighty supportive woman?

I don't wanna sound like a whiny pussy, just asking the general question

Hahaha. You are not alone. Wait...yea now you are. I was married for 5 years/together for 6 with a girl just like that. It's control and insecurity. If you start looking better and most gyms being a meat market you will get more attention. This is how it works. I have a girlfriend now and I am 26. She brought it up a long time ago that she doesn't understand why I go to the gym when I could put it off to another day. What I said was this: This is who I am. When I am stressed, going though shit, and just need to clear my head this is what I do. I went through a divorce that this was my only escape. It kept me from running my car off the road and it kept me level headed. She understood completely and tells me now that I should go ahead and go and get back as soon as I can. I am the nicest guy you will never meet but if you take away my outlet to let things out then they are going to be let out in another non-constructive way. If she doesn't understand that then you can point the door out to her because she is a selfish bitch that doesn't deserve to be by your side. I hope that helps.

Vaze_06
03-23-08, 9:08 pm

And dont worry...my entourage (as you mentioned in your earlier post) is slim to none. I have a lot of my ANIMAL brothers in here, as well as a few of my sisters in here too!! =)
But as for "friends" where I live...MAYBE 2...and thats pretty bad seeing as how in High School, b4 I took up bodybuilding as a profession rather than lifting as just for a hobby...I had about 500...oh well...I like it!! hehe.

ANYWHO, keep in touch...and you and I def. have the same weekend schedules...glad Im not the ony one really just sitting at home on those nights lol ;) j/k.

In IRON,
Joshua

you wanna exchange your ''entourage'' with me?! i have a lot of family here, i think a lot of friends (mostly guys), but no ANIMAL (damn it! we need some animal in montreal plz!) lol 500 friends... what the hell do you need 500 friends?!... it can be nice sure but think about it.. when you were stuck, sad, in a bad situation.. how many of them have been always there for u?? how many can you still call friends? don't' think many.... it's like your tread... they correspond to The Ghost comes and go (really nice tread by the way, like reading it!)
i prefer having few friends but that you can always count on them... than hundred and stuck alone when comes the hard situation of life and you realized what kind of friend you had...

anyways brings back some bad memories... better think of other thinks like tomorrow legs day ''squat until u puke'' :):)

peace

BamBam
03-23-08, 9:24 pm
you wanna exchange your ''entourage'' with me?! i have a lot of family here, i think a lot of friends (mostly guys), but no ANIMAL (damn it! we need some animal in montreal plz!) lol 500 friends... what the hell do you need 500 friends?!... it can be nice sure but think about it.. when you were stuck, sad, in a bad situation.. how many of them have been always there for u?? how many can you still call friends? don't' think many.... it's like your tread... they correspond to The Ghost comes and go (really nice tread by the way, like reading it!)
i prefer having few friends but that you can always count on them... than hundred and stuck alone when comes the hard situation of life and you realized what kind of friend you had...

anyways brings back some bad memories... better think of other thinks like tomorrow legs day ''squat until u puke'' :):)

peace

Yes ma'am....squat til you puke...I have that ANIMAL shirt as a matter of fact. lol. But yeah, i hear what u r saying...those were the guys I played football with and our fans...and now, they have all gone the way of the dinosaur...OH WELL!! Again, I have my ANIMAL family in here...so I am fine. Its all I will ever need at the end of the day cuz I am already happy with myself..so..I need to introduce you to my ANIMAL crew in here...the ones I am closest to...amazing people to say the very very least. ANYWHO, I am glad you liked my thread...I like writing stuff like that...stay tuned for more...much much more....

Respect,
IN IRON...
Joshua

D-Bomb
03-23-08, 9:26 pm
All I know is I've seen guys girlfriends looking at me simply for my body and sometimes touching my chest or arms in front of their boys, haha...love it...

BamBam
03-23-08, 9:33 pm
All I know is I've seen guys girlfriends looking at me simply for my body and sometimes touching my chest or arms in front of their boys, haha...love it...

You sly devil you...hehehe...good shit though bro!

Vaze_06
03-23-08, 10:00 pm

LOL and i bet that the guys didn't even do something cauz they were affraid that you'll kick their butt?! pussies... but their girlfriends aren't better....

D-Bomb
03-23-08, 10:05 pm
You sly devil you...hehehe...good shit though bro!

haha, always a little sly with the ladies buddy haha...

LOL and i bet that the guys didn't even do something cauz they were affraid that you'll kick their butt?! pussies... but their girlfriends aren't better....

yeah dude, werd on that shit!! but ya know im still a gentleman, i ain't going to butt in there till it over between them, then i move in...ya know...
haha yea know what ya saying though.

Vaze_06
03-24-08, 6:49 am
haha, always a little sly with the ladies buddy haha...

yeah dude, werd on that shit!! but ya know im still a gentleman, i ain't going to butt in there till it over between them, then i move in...ya know...
haha yea know what ya saying though.

haha very nice of still bein a gentleman and letting the relationship end! after what? you get the girl... cool so what?!
Bro she still gonna leave you later for an other one who is bigger and stronger than u!
do us a favor.. stay away from this kind of bullshit and find yourself a decent woman if it isn't already the case ! :P

an advice for the guys who have found a gf or wive... (if not already done)
on a normal day (no birthday, no special occasions... as to be surprised!) go buy her a dozens roses or a nice gifts and give it to her
explain that it is way to thank her for accepting your lifestyle, that they aren't many women that would support them but you're on of those lucky bastard who as one... (you'll make your own nice cute speech!)
will be very surprise if any of them tell you to ''Fuck Off''! i bet you're more likely to get your favor meal cook and you ain't gonna sleep a lot ;p

peace

WeeMan
03-24-08, 12:02 pm
i suppose i am lucky, my girl loves the gym! i go to her gym with her sometimes but its more like a leisure centre as opposed to a proper gym so i am probably one of the biggest guys there, haha she says 'i love showing you off!'

WeeMan
03-24-08, 12:05 pm
haha very nice of still bein a gentleman and letting the relationship end! after what? you get the girl... cool so what?!
Bro she still gonna leave you later for an other one who is bigger and stronger than u!
do us a favor.. stay away from this kind of bullshit and find yourself a decent woman if it isn't already the case ! :P

an advice for the guys who have found a gf or wive... (if not already done)
on a normal day (no birthday, no special occasions... as to be surprised!) go buy her a dozens roses or a nice gifts and give it to her
explain that it is way to thank her for accepting your lifestyle, that they aren't many women that would support them but you're on of those lucky bastard who as one... (you'll make your own nice cute speech!)
will be very surprise if any of them tell you to ''Fuck Off''! i bet you're more likely to get your favor meal cook and you ain't gonna sleep a lot ;p

peace

or - as you are only 17 - you could show some respect to a guy who probably knows more about women than you.

Vaze_06
03-24-08, 12:10 pm
or - as you are only 17 - you could show some respect to a guy who probably knows more about women than you.

there was no meant of disrespecting anybody in here....
if i was the case i sincerily apologize and make sure of being careful of what i say next time

sorry guys

BamBam
03-24-08, 12:32 pm
there was no meant of disrespecting anybody in here....
if i was the case i sincerily apologize and make sure of being careful of what i say next time

sorry guys

I would say that you would know more about women than we do....seeing as how you ARE a woman!!!! Geesh...as much as we think we know guys...we will NEVER NEVER NEVER figure out the mystery that is the female species.

Vaze_06
03-24-08, 12:53 pm
I would say that you would know more about women than we do....seeing as how you ARE a woman!!!! Geesh...as much as we think we know guys...we will NEVER NEVER NEVER figure out the mystery that is the female species.

i would say that for us too it ain't easy either trying to understand things about you guys!
maybe i have an little edge being that i have the same passion as you but i still ask myself a lot of questions...
my opinion (plz no offense! but don't think i'm saying anything bad...) women aren't that mysterious... yes you have the nice, bad, soft, hardcore and they are all different.. but in the end i think that all women just wants a guy in who she can trust and rely on... no be scare of being who she is and everything...
Anyhow.... still have a lot to learn and big chances that i'll get my heartbroken to (already done once but anyways)...
but if i have bodybuilding i'm good

DetroitMuscle
03-24-08, 12:58 pm
Honestly I am fortunate. I met my girlfriend at the gym, she works out legs harder than I do, she is more for figure that bodybuilding but she lives the lifestyle. Eats 6 times a day real healthy, cooks my meals for me for the next day, gets up early and makes me breakfast and encourages me to follow my dreams of competing at some point!

Sorry guys...lol I guess I am a little lucky!

But I do know what the opposite can do...my ex was opposed to the iron and the iron lifestyle...so I got rid of her lol.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-24-08, 12:59 pm
i would say that for us too it ain't easy either trying to understand things about you guys!
maybe i have an little edge being that i have the same passion as you but i still ask myself a lot of questions...
my opinion (plz no offense! but don't think i'm saying anything bad...) women aren't that mysterious... yes you have the nice, bad, soft, hardcore and they are all different.. but in the end i think that all women just wants a guy in who she can trust and rely on... no be scare of being who she is and everything...
Anyhow.... still have a lot to learn and big chances that i'll get my heartbroken to (already done once but anyways)...

uhh its easy to understand guys... food,lifting for us animals, sex...... really not all that hard to figure out..

and i dont think women are that mysterious myself, complicated, but not mysterious.. but ive had a lot of female friends and id hang out with them and listen to the things theyd say... and i dont recommend that to most men, it made me feel very unmasculine and disturbed

BamBam
03-24-08, 1:06 pm

Your last line is the key...as MACHINE told us at the Arnold Classic..

"It doesnt matter how many friends you think you have, how many girls you got, or how many frat buddies you go drink with...or that boyfriend or girlfrend...If you dont know yourself...YOU AINT GOT SHIT!!"

So you seem to know yourself and have a good head on your shoulders...so dont worry. Plus, the IRON will always be faithful to you...always there to put you back in your place and beat the shit outta you...but honestly...the best relationship I have ever had!!!! =)

Angelwrath
03-24-08, 1:49 pm
you could always train in the mornings ... and i mean EARLY mornings .. that way, assuming ur girl's normal, she won't notice you gone .. you could be back before she's up; and probably make her some coffee while u fix urself the protein shake ...
/|\
|
|
This considering the both of u live together, which not being the case, i don't see a problem in the first place ! :)

eatliftsleepgrow brother !
cheers

MassMan
05-05-08, 10:05 pm
some great posts. keep them coming.

InkdMuscle
05-07-08, 6:11 pm
Well personally bro I am married. But my wife on the other hand does have her jealousy moments of the gym. But like i have told others to. IMO you have to live your life with a balance. For me its a lil diffrerent because I am married with kids. But how I balance things out is on my Off days i spend it all with the family. I dont talk about training besides telling my wife "dont let me forget my shake again". Another thing like have i have seen in previous posts adjust your training times. Either early in the Am so you can spend all day together or late at night when all is said and done(if you still think she is the one). Remember the Iron aint going no where. Hope that sheds any light.

eblnyc
05-07-08, 6:14 pm
Well personally bro I am married. But my wife on the other hand does have her jealousy moments of the gym. But like i have told others to. IMO you have to live your life with a balance. For me its a lil diffrerent because I am married with kids. But how I balance things out is on my Off days i spend it all with the family. I dont talk about training besides telling my wife "dont let me forget my shake again". Another thing like have i have seen in previous posts adjust your training times. Either early in the Am so you can spend all day together or late at night when all is said and done(if you still think she is the one). Remember the Iron aint going no where. Hope that sheds any light.
i like this post..thank you!

MassMan
05-07-08, 7:31 pm
I have not had any girl problems and iron in the last couple of months, so I'm in good shape.

Anyone else? Some real valuable information here.....

XENA32
05-07-08, 9:55 pm
It's pretty simple to me. I'm a girl and no matter who a guy is dating, shouldn't the girlfriend at least want to be in the gym becoming healthier anyways? Maybe she won't want to lift heavy weights (depending on the girl, I love it personally), but she can at least go and walk/run on the treadmill or something.

If for some weird reason she doesn't want to do this then tell her to go hang out with her friends for a few hours while you are at the gym. Just about every situation can be compromised.

And, I have been in this situation, and I enjoy cooking healthy meals for me and my boyfriend. It makes you so much closer I think because you can experience that change in each other, together.

InkdMuscle
05-07-08, 10:18 pm
i like this post..thank you!

Any time bro!!

LegendKillerJosh
05-07-08, 10:26 pm
Any time bro!!

ebl is a sis lol

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 8:12 am
my girlfriend of 5 mths.(about a yr of prior dating on and off though) had a small argument/discussion with me last night about trying not to complicate each others lives anymore and doing things with each other when the proper time allows...she said she feels like she complicates my life and i do hers on occasion and it makes the time we spend together stressfull somtimes....i can understand that but one of her points behind this is she doesnt want me to reschedule my workouts around when she would be able to hang out...example: this fri night we were suppose to have dinner with her fam..she knows i go lift arms on fridays after work and dont get done till abou 830...during this discussion she told me to go to the gym dont change my schdule for her its not healthy to do that all the time....do u think shes being serious or ????? im so fucking confused rt now (not to sound like a bitch but my last serious relationship was terrible and im not confident in the decision making dept usually) thanks fellas

ghost
05-09-08, 8:14 am
k.... How old are you??

Man up. Make a decision and stick to it... grow a set of balls, we have all had shitty relationships that make us question ourselves.

or you could always cave and skip training.... not something i would personally do though...

ghost
05-09-08, 8:15 am
oh yeah, Stressful relationships, are anti-productive.. all they do is piss you off... trust me, been there...done that.

if the relationship is always stressful, break up with her. You dont need that shit in your life.

sly06
05-09-08, 8:18 am
oh yeah, Stressful relationships, are anti-productive.. all they do is piss you off... trust me, been there...done that.

if the relationship is always stressful, break up with her. You dont need that shit in your life.

Agreed^^. You don't want to put anymore undo stress in your life at all. All it is going to do is stop you from training and accomplishing your goals. From the sound of it, it seems she wants you to have your own time. Take all the time you want and just live life brother.

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 8:29 am
to be honest i fell that shes right in certain aspects about having my own time....its to the point rt now where she would make me fear telling her i was going to do something that didnt involve her.. and now i feel like she kinda relaizes that and this is her way of dealing with it...i just want it to fucking work and one of my fears is that if i take to much time then itll fall apart....and u felllas r right about the stress thing but its not always stressfull just like the past 2 wks has been which is probably what brought this up.....btw im 24

firsthorseman97
05-09-08, 8:34 am
IMO she's testing you. She wants to know where she ranks in this relationship. If you choose the workout over dinner with her and her parents I imagine you guys will be thru. If you choose her, then she'll be happy knowing she has you by the balls. Your at that point in the relationship where she wants to know if there's a future with you, if not she wants to cut her losses. You should do the same. Just my two cents. Good luck either way, bro.

sly06
05-09-08, 8:37 am
to be honest i fell that shes right in certain aspects about having my own time....its to the point rt now where she would make me fear telling her i was going to do something that didnt involve her.. and now i feel like she kinda relaizes that and this is her way of dealing with it...i just want it to fucking work and one of my fears is that if i take to much time then itll fall apart....and u felllas r right about the stress thing but its not always stressfull just like the past 2 wks has been which is probably what brought this up.....btw im 24

You can't always make everything work bro. I wanted awhile back with one of my x's to work but it didn't. Just keep trying, but never give up something you love and enjoy for stress. Don't stop going to the gym and don't let them push you into that direction.

With you being 24 you know relationships have up's and downs no matter what you do. I would say just to keep at it and see where it goes from there.

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 8:51 am
IMO she's testing you. She wants to know where she ranks in this relationship. If you choose the workout over dinner with her and her parents I imagine you guys will be thru. If you choose her, then she'll be happy knowing she has you by the balls. Your at that point in the relationship where she wants to know if there's a future with you, if not she wants to cut her losses. You should do the same. Just my two cents. Good luck either way, bro.
I dont think its a test because she told me she made other plans...not in a negative sense but just so i wouldnt think that i was the main reason dinner was reschduled...she made that pretty clear to me so i dont think its a test at all

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 8:53 am
You can't always make everything work bro. I wanted awhile back with one of my x's to work but it didn't. Just keep trying, but never give up something you love and enjoy for stress. Don't stop going to the gym and don't let them push you into that direction.

With you being 24 you know relationships have up's and downs no matter what you do. I would say just to keep at it and see where it goes from there.

i do know relationships go up and down definately but i feel like they do that because im not making a good enough efoort to stay as even as possible...but when i say that certain people would say im focing the issue i suppose....this whole fucking thing is annoying DAMNED if you do and DAMNED if you dont i guess

ghost
05-09-08, 9:08 am
You are 24. man up. if you Fear making plans that do not involve her for a fear of being in trouble, you need to grow a set of balls... and ditch her. be single. for a WHILE. live your OWN life. You do not need someone else running your life for you.

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 9:16 am
You are 24. man up. if you Fear making plans that do not involve her for a fear of being in trouble, you need to grow a set of balls... and ditch her. be single. for a WHILE. live your OWN life. You do not need someone else running your life for you.
i was single for about a yr and a half before this...but yea ur right at certain points i should def stand my ground....its funny how i can look in the mirror at the gym and feel like a giant with the weight i toss around but im as big as a mouse once this shit comes across my plate....

Vaze_06
05-09-08, 11:14 am

IMO... she wants to let you have your own time but at the same time try to see if we're still put some time for her... that kinda of shit...
as firsthorseman97 said... she were is her rank in this relationship...

but dont know your gurl and how she is... and chicks can make things soo complicated!
hmmm you guys aren't better somethings! but let's say it's more your speciatly ahaha

if she stress you to much... flush bro... it's sucks being single but better being single than living this kind off relationship

jayanticoli
05-09-08, 12:15 pm
well she called me today and wants to have lunch with me (this after we were on the phone till 2 last night discussing this whole thing) so i guess its a plus and itll be a better situation to ratinally discuss her ideas on how this should go....i suppose i should be completely honest about it to her im not gonna leave the door open for her to think i'm not making arrangements to be with her so she could test me and my feelings for her because to be honest i know i have proven where i stand in that aspect

Barbenders Babe
05-09-08, 1:09 pm
Ok "brothers" here is a little input from the other side. reading this post is a lot of work let alone living it. if its a lot of work in the beginning, most likely it will be more work in the end. i've been in the fitness world a long time and so has barbender. we hooked up 4 years ago and we clicked right off the get-go. being his "girl" takes a lot of understanding of his lifting world. unless she lives it with you, there is always be a rub against it. she has to understand what over training is, the breakdown of foods and how they work, how to prepair them for you, take the slutty girls making a fuss over you as a compliment not jealousy, passing up going out to dinner because your body is beat up from training hard 2 days ago and you just wanna rest, keeping frig stocked with ready to go protein snacks, keeping your gym clothes washed and ready to go. . . and so on. there is so much selfishness in this sport that gets you to the next level. you have to have a partner who lives it with you and understands, if not, there will be a lot of energy waisted on bullshit. it works both ways, he understands my rest time and how important my workouts are to me. we are a team and support each other in every way. be true to yourself, stay focused and good things will come.

dannynb
05-09-08, 2:48 pm
Ok "brothers" here is a little input from the other side. reading this post is a lot of work let alone living it. if its a lot of work in the beginning, most likely it will be more work in the end. i've been in the fitness world a long time and so has barbender. we hooked up 4 years ago and we clicked right off the get-go. being his "girl" takes a lot of understanding of his lifting world. unless she lives it with you, there is always be a rub against it. she has to understand what over training is, the breakdown of foods and how they work, how to prepair them for you, take the slutty girls making a fuss over you as a compliment not jealousy, passing up going out to dinner because your body is beat up from training hard 2 days ago and you just wanna rest, keeping frig stocked with ready to go protein snacks, keeping your gym clothes washed and ready to go. . . and so on. there is so much selfishness in this sport that gets you to the next level. you have to have a partner who lives it with you and understands, if not, there will be a lot of energy waisted on bullshit. it works both ways, he understands my rest time and how important my workouts are to me. we are a team and support each other in every way. be true to yourself, stay focused and good things will come.

Damn good post.....I couldn't tell ya how many relationships I've gone through because of this.....

simpleguy
05-09-08, 2:51 pm

well you're lucky to have eachother

steelarms
05-09-08, 11:01 pm
I never had a girlfriend or have been on a date in my life. For right now I'm just trying to get by with school, work and working out and I hope I can just find that girl thats into working out as much as I am.

Vaze_06
05-09-08, 11:08 pm
I never had a girlfriend or have been on a date in my life. For right now I'm just trying to get by with school, work and working out and I hope I can just find that girl thats into working out as much as I am.

how old are you?! lol
and Imo.. keep it that way the longest possible!!
it's nice having a bf or gf... but damn somethings... life is so much easier when you're single

deanna7272
05-09-08, 11:13 pm

Just stumbled across this thread, but you could not have said it better.. I am on the other end though... Hubby's not "into" it, but he helps when my head is on other things... He's the one making sure things are "done"...lol

I will say this though, it HAS caused friction, but when we are around others that are going through it too, he feels reassured that he is not going through it "alone"...

You need to have balance...

dannynb
05-10-08, 1:09 am
You need to have balance...

I agree.....the last couple of relationships I've tried....they don't seem to want to share me with work, my two kids and bodybuilding....a balance is a must though.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 2:31 am
i rock single ness for a purpose at this point in my life for a reason.. the weights might get jealous if i cheat on em...

Nihility
05-11-08, 3:55 pm
while i do talk about lifting a little too much with my girlfriend, shes very supportive of it. she completely understands if i cant make it over to her house until 4 hours later cause i gotta go to the gym and crap before i head to her house. or we cant do something cause i cant even walk well after a leg day (which is friday, so my sat/sun is spent sitting around not doing too much.)

it all works out well cause we want to stay together during college (we'll be about 4 hours away from each other by car), so my life will consist of studying athletic training, lifting, eating, and sleeping. fuck parties, hooking up with chicks at college, etc. im not about that kinda shit. if i was would i be in this game? dont think so. :D

ive brought her to the gym a few times trying to get her into it, shes a runner, but ive tried telling her she'd benefit a lot from a good stretching/occational weight training plan.

she "might join my gym" this summer. which would be good.

XIronAcesX
05-13-08, 2:48 pm
My woman is very supportive of my bodybuilding; She doesn't mind it at all because I just train for 45 minutes and im out. She is in a college volleyball team, so she is quite busy with her sport too. Im fortunate she cooks for me too, well if i dont fu@$!# her she won't cook for me haha :{ but besides that she's supportive of me.

vgiordano
05-14-08, 9:38 am
This topic may have been discussed already in this thread, but I didn't have time to sift through all of the pages.

Where do you guys stand when it comes to spending the night together? I am not talking about sex. I am talking about just sleeping together. Usually for me, I won't get to bed early and I will be tossing and turning and sharing the bed. This was usually due to me sharing a single bed with a girl, very small :(

What are your views?

Kvlt
05-14-08, 3:00 pm
I have a girlfriend right now, who does nothing but tell me how much more I care about my body and the gym than her. This is a girl I thought I could see spending my whole life with... but the more she tries keeping me out of the gym, the harder it gets to want to be anywhere near her. Being 25 I understand I'm getting no younger when it comes to a relationship... are any of you guys out there still single and just in love with only the gym... how do you handle your friday and saturday nights? in the gym like I do now... or are you on that quest for the almighty supportive woman?

I don't wanna sound like a whiny pussy, just asking the general question

man i know this all too well i had that one girl for 2 years and i just straight up didnt have the time she wanted devoted to her.. at this point its my last year of high school and ive grown considerably and its because i wasnt held down and did what i had to do to live this life... she said i was full of myself and i guess at times you have to be to be able to progress. No one understands this life we live better than us and ill be damned to have hard work thrown away for someone that cant show the same support for me that id expect from that girl who i want to spend the rest of my life with... fact is lifting will be apart of me forever and if that special girl comes along, she has to come to terms and accept that im already in a relationship and shes going to have to share....

Dead(Lift)
05-14-08, 3:36 pm
I'm in highschool, so next year in my weightlifting class I'm gunna be looking for girls in the weightlifting class. Hopefully they'll be better than the other hoes(almost every girl in my highschool is a hoe. no lie. Not creating a new name for you females.) around my school. So for now, it's friends, lifting, family and skateboarding!

AnabolicMass02
05-19-08, 5:56 pm
well you're lucky to have eachother

True. On the other hand "my current girlfiend" is not in the game with me,thus, she is against me. Putting bodybuilding first for so long has caused a lot of friction. She does not understand. You can see were we are heading.... I need a girl that understands the life ! Great post.

Carpe Diem P.T
05-19-08, 11:46 pm
I think that the right woman sees how important bodybuilding is to her man and will respect and acknowledge that if she were to manipulate him in to not going, he would forever resent her for taking it from him.

The love she would receive from him would always be tainted by his resentment. If she were to support him he would feel fulfilled and have more to offer the relationship.

Cellerator65
05-20-08, 8:42 am
i know it goes against the norm here... but sometimes the best lady to fit our lifestyle are the ones we see day in and day out in the gym as well... so try talking to them!

Carpe Diem P.T
05-20-08, 9:03 am
i dont think theres a girl at my gym that doesnt wear headphones. I think most of them tire of being chatted up. but alas, if you dont go for what you want, you arent going to get it.

I guess you need to respect their right to be alone. say what you have to say, read the reaction and if its an obvious negative response, move on and leave her be.

ghost
05-20-08, 9:11 am
I'm in highschool, so next year in my weightlifting class I'm gunna be looking for girls in the weightlifting class. Hopefully they'll be better than the other hoes(almost every girl in my highschool is a hoe. no lie. Not creating a new name for you females.) around my school. So for now, it's friends, lifting, family and skateboarding!

First.. you are 15. concentrate on school, family, lifting, and skateboarding. When you start the weightlifting class, DO NOT go there looking for chicks. and do NOT refer to women as "hoes" no matter how slutty the girls at your school may be. There is a little thing called RESPECT. Show it to them, and you shall receive it in return. Especially on HERE.

and in all honesty, when the time is right, you will find the girl for you, not when you are looking around every corner for her.

Vaze_06
05-20-08, 9:13 am
i dont think theres a girl at my gym that doesnt wear headphones. I think most of them tire of being chatted up. but alas, if you dont go for what you want, you arent going to get it.

I guess you need to respect their right to be alone. say what you have to say, read the reaction and if its an obvious negative response, move on and leave her be.

maybe... but if you wanna talk to one of those girls... u go before or after your work out not in between!!
as u said they must be tire of being chatted up... so if you wanna put all the chances on your side... Go before or after

if a guy comes and talk to me during my work out... doesn't matter how interesting he is... he is already in the negatives cauz i'll suppose he must be more interesting in finding himself a gf than training

and you're not even suppose to think or check those chicks! gotta concentrate on your liftings bro!! ;p

Carpe Diem P.T
05-20-08, 9:17 am
and in all honesty, when the time is right, you will find the girl for you, not when you are looking around every corner for her.

That is so true. Until you stop looking for a relationship and start focusing on living your own life, women arent interested.

One of my fav sayings 'you are not ready to love anyone until you love yourself'

ghost
05-20-08, 9:18 am
That is so true. Until you stop looking for a relationship and start focusing on living your own life, women arent interested.

One of my fav sayings 'you are not ready to love anyone until you love yourself'

When i was in the Army, we were always told, Love your Rifle, Love you ammunition, and Love your sights. other than that... Fuck you.

haha

Carpe Diem P.T
05-20-08, 9:19 am
When i was in the Army, we were always told, Love your Rifle, Love you ammunition, and Love your sights. other than that... Fuck you.

haha

lol thats brutal

ghost
05-20-08, 9:20 am
lol thats brutal

so is War.

P-Ram
05-20-08, 9:59 am
guess im one of the lucky ones then. Got a girl at home fixing up two big chicken breasts when I get home from the gym and a turkey sandwich when i get home from class at 1030...can't complain. When you find her, it becomes totally fucking worth it.

SizeMatters
06-06-08, 8:46 pm
not in the game... but in life i habve a question for you guys this to be honest has NOTHING to do with training or anything BUT... if you knew this was the one person you were ready to sped the rest of your life with...would u do anything to make it happen? im not talkign about never working out again im talkign about like career school friends family everything would u do anything?

Bear
06-06-08, 8:54 pm
not in the game... but in life i habve a question for you guys this to be honest has NOTHING to do with training or anything BUT... if you knew this was the one person you were ready to sped the rest of your life with...would u do anything to make it happen? im not talkign about never working out again im talkign about like career school friends family everything would u do anything?

That all depends. What do you mean when you mention your career, school, and family? I know for a fact that if this person was special to you as you are to them, you wouldn't have to , and they wouldn't want you to make a sacrifice as important as education, your future and especially, family.

need2getBIG
06-06-08, 8:54 pm

yes brother,if you truly love that person then you do whatever it takes

Bear
06-06-08, 8:58 pm
yes brother,if you truly love that person then you do whatever it takes

I agree whole heartedly. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years, and I love and cherish her with my entire heart. No doubt you do need to make sacrifices for the one you love. Call me selfish, but I wouldn't sacrifice my family, TRUE FRIENDS, education and especially a future career that I've had my eyes on since I can remember.

Mutant
06-07-08, 10:18 pm
I got fuckin lucky boys, I married a girl that picked up the bodybuilding bug HARDCORE and now half the time she drags my ass to the gym because we both wanna compete and she in it to win! It rocks, but like I said- I got lucky.

The Landlord
06-07-08, 10:53 pm
I do believe that most times I love this sport more than my husband! I realize that what he does is not for himself by any means but for his family.

vgiordano
06-08-08, 7:32 am
This topic may have been discussed already in this thread, but I didn't have time to sift through all of the pages.

Where do you guys stand when it comes to spending the night together? I am not talking about sex. I am talking about just sleeping together. Usually for me, I won't get to bed early and I will be tossing and turning and sharing the bed. This was usually due to me sharing a single bed with a girl, very small :(

What are your views?

Arnold Is Numero Uno
06-16-08, 10:15 pm
Two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I broke up after 3 years. She said she needed a break. It wouldn't be as hard if it was a bad break up where she like cheated on my or something or we got into a huge fight. It wasn't like that though. I truly loved this girl and believe she loved me too. I just don't know what to do. She says she's not ready to talk about it in person yet. I'll admit that I'm somewhat of a romantic and I just want to have that movie script ending where the guy and the girl get together in the end. I'm tryin to keep my mind of her but it just isn't working. My whole life is being effected. Sometimes I don't even have an appetite, which just leads to less results in the gym. Help me out brothers. I don't know who else to talk to or what else to do.

bovat
06-17-08, 12:55 pm
Two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I broke up after 3 years. She said she needed a break. It wouldn't be as hard if it was a bad break up where she like cheated on my or something or we got into a huge fight. It wasn't like that though. I truly loved this girl and believe she loved me too. I just don't know what to do. She says she's not ready to talk about it in person yet. I'll admit that I'm somewhat of a romantic and I just want to have that movie script ending where the guy and the girl get together in the end. I'm tryin to keep my mind of her but it just isn't working. My whole life is being effected. Sometimes I don't even have an appetite, which just leads to less results in the gym. Help me out brothers. I don't know who else to talk to or what else to do.

i feel ya bro, my shit just ended abruptly too. Cant stop thinking about her.....fuckin sucks. I try to think of it as more "me" time, and try to put all my focus into lifting and away from girls completely til i finally get over it. Dont try to get another girl, cuz you will try to compare her, and you will just be miserable, i say fly solo for a little while, and try to stay busy and do productive stuff. Staying busy will help a lot, you wont have time to think about it.

Cellerator65
06-17-08, 1:26 pm
keep yourself occupied... the more time alone, the more time u spend thinking about her. Chill with your friends, lift harder, go out, play video games... do anything.

Carpe Diem P.T
06-17-08, 8:48 pm
after i got divorced i realised that if i was going to get back in to it, i needed to throw myself in head first. So i started going clubbing alone. *Now if you dont introduce yourself to people and attempt to make friends and conversation, you will have a very lonely night.

you dont usually meet the love of your life clubbing but its a good confidence booster.

as far as dropping everything for the one you love, there needs to be a line. In a lot of instances one partner will drop everything and the other will drop nothing. there needs to be an equal amount of give and take.

women will test you in so many situations. they will keep asking for more and more to see where your breaking point is. they want to see when you will be a man and stand up to them or wether you are going to be a walkover.

if we were perfect, they would have nothing to fix and get bored with us very quickly.

In most cases, we all want our partner to be more like us, but if they were then why would we need them in the first place when we already have ourselves. Its the differences that make it all work. the good and bad that make the ultimate blend of good times and bad times. As we all know, without bad times, good times could not exist.

*all my opinion obviously.

mikejones1
06-17-08, 8:56 pm
only time can tell....

Arnold Is Numero Uno
06-17-08, 9:13 pm
i feel ya bro, my shit just ended abruptly too. Cant stop thinking about her.....fuckin sucks. I try to think of it as more "me" time, and try to put all my focus into lifting and away from girls completely til i finally get over it. Dont try to get another girl, cuz you will try to compare her, and you will just be miserable, i say fly solo for a little while, and try to stay busy and do productive stuff. Staying busy will help a lot, you wont have time to think about it.

ohh, dont worry, getting another girl is out of the question....i won't be dating another girl for a longggg time unless my ex and I get back together....I know that no one else could compare to her any way

Carpe Diem P.T
06-17-08, 11:50 pm
ohh, dont worry, getting another girl is out of the question....i won't be dating another girl for a longggg time unless my ex and I get back together....I know that no one else could compare to her any way

rubbish. there are millions of people out there. some are very well suited to us, some arent. you just need to find someone thats better suited. you have a VERY high chance of that. if she isnt the one for you, you are lucky she left so you can get out there and find the right one.

Cellerator65
06-18-08, 12:19 pm
after every hard breakup i've had, i've met a better person... just give it time

ghost
06-18-08, 12:20 pm

why put her on such a high podium.... if you broke up already?

Put YOURSELF on that pedastel... knock her ass off of it. Take care of YOU. and you will find the one you are meant to be with.

prafull
06-18-08, 2:37 pm
well in that case i'm extremely lucky..
my girl supports me all the way n sometimes prepares meals for me without my knowledge n brings it to the class with her..she is absolutely awesome.
she herself has started bustin her ass with the weights n encourages n motivates me all the way.
i'm blessed.

R.Bearse1
06-18-08, 3:07 pm
Question to anyone who has had a similar problem...

My grl is very understanding of this way of life. Not so..supportive. she doesn't cut me down or bitch about it just is indifferent, which is fine by me seeing as it usually causes a problem, lol. So my question has nothing to do with that. How can you make your girl feel more than second best in your life? Like,not 2nd best to "the" life, she feels second to my few VERY good female friends. I don't know what to tell her other than, They are my best friends and yes at some point I may have been with them or had feelings for them but now they are just good friends. She feels second best and idk what to do. I mean some it could come from me being deployed but...it's messing up the relationship now. I'm not ashamed of my past, I have done a bunch of crazy and wreckless things in my life but I am not ashamed of or regret my past. She hates certain things about my past. I feel like it's impossible to have any type of a good relationship if she gets upset because of how I was in my past and hates a part of me that made me into who I am today.

Any words of wisdom?

ghost
06-18-08, 3:09 pm
Question to anyone who has had a similar problem...

My grl is very understanding of this way of life. Not so..supportive. she doesn't cut me down or bitch about it just is indifferent, which is fine by me seeing as it usually causes a problem, lol. So my question has nothing to do with that. How can you make your girl feel more than second best in your life? Like,not 2nd best to "the" life, she feels second to my few VERY good female friends. I don't know what to tell her other than, They are my best friends and yes at some point I may have been with them or had feelings for them but now they are just good friends. She feels second best and idk what to do. I mean some it could come from me being deployed but...it's messing up the relationship now. I'm not ashamed of my past, I have done a bunch of crazy and wreckless things in my life but I am not ashamed of or regret my past. She hates certain things about my past. I feel like it's impossible to have any type of a good relationship if she gets upset because of how I was in my past and hates a part of me that made me into who I am today.

Any words of wisdom?
You have to reassure her that while they may be good friends of yours, she IS YOURS. and YOU ARE HERS. that kind of mushy stuff works wonders. Have her talk with Jen if she needs anything.

R.Bearse1
06-18-08, 3:18 pm
You have to reassure her that while they may be good friends of yours, she IS YOURS. and YOU ARE HERS. that kind of mushy stuff works wonders. Have her talk with Jen if she needs anything.

haha I think I will have her do that Bro. I know you'll get a kick out of this line....

The biggest thing that upsets her is the number of girls I've "been with". She just can't seem to get over that damn number. I'm like... I love my past, I had fun and will not apologize for what I've done...idk she just feels not good enough and hates who I was. I don't get how you can hate who someone was and say you love who they are. It's because of who I was that I am who I am, ya know?

ghost
06-18-08, 3:19 pm
haha I think I will have her do that Bro. I know you'll get a kick out of this line....

The biggest thing that upsets her is the number of girls I've "been with". She just can't seem to get over that damn number. I'm like... I love my past, I had fun and will not apologize for what I've done...idk she just feels not good enough and hates who I was. I don't get how you can hate who someone was and say you love who they are. It's because of who I was that I am who I am, ya know?

lmmfao. tell her my number. she will be more accepting of yours.

R.Bearse1
06-18-08, 3:25 pm
lmmfao. tell her my number. she will be more accepting of yours.

Done it, lol. She gave me this horribly disgusted look and said, " I would NOT date you if yours was that" lol And fuck, yours is just an estimate!

ghost
06-18-08, 3:26 pm
Done it, lol. She gave me this horribly disgusted look and said, " I would NOT date you if yours was that" lol And fuck, yours is just an estimate!

let her know that your past has made you who you are today, and if she really has a problem with that, then not to let the door hit her in the ass on her way out

R.Bearse1
06-18-08, 3:29 pm
she said she is just scared it'll all come back. Especially with me being gone for a year then being 21 once I'm home. I'm like....idk how to respond except with going back to...I am who I am because I was like that, but I'm not anymore.

ghost
06-18-08, 3:30 pm
she said she is just scared it'll all come back. Especially with me being gone for a year then being 21 once I'm home. I'm like....idk how to respond except with going back to...I am who I am because I was like that, but I'm not anymore.

she just needs to come to terms with accepting you for you... and if she cannot, then she can hit the bricks.

R.Bearse1
06-18-08, 3:34 pm
she just needs to come to terms with accepting you for you... and if she cannot, then she can hit the bricks.

She "Wants to and is really trying to. but it's hard" See why there is an issue. she isn't giving me a solid base to leave her on. Especially since she is actually waiting for me while I'm here. It's not like the Kim thing where she said "Gimme a ring and I can wait" lol

Vaze_06
06-18-08, 4:51 pm
She "Wants to and is really trying to. but it's hard" See why there is an issue. she isn't giving me a solid base to leave her on. Especially since she is actually waiting for me while I'm here. It's not like the Kim thing where she said "Gimme a ring and I can wait" lol

the shit bro is that your chick is scared as hell that the ''old u'' comes back. She's affraid to get to much emotionally involved with u and at the end u break her heart. So she always has that doubt in her mind... ''why if he breaks up with me, or is just playing with me''
are u going be able to pass through that? ... chicks are complicated and depends on her past relationship and how much she can trust a guy...

so the best u can do is explain her that your past is your past. Maybe it wasnt perfect, but nobody has a perfect life anyways. Also she aint dating your past; she is dating the guy of right now and the one u'll become in the futur.

Your chick has to understand that life is a risk, u cant also plan what's gonna happen in it.
Sometimes u gotta let things go and just accept things as they are.

will u get back to your old ways? we know that u wont but we arent the one taking the chance or the risk, your gurl is and that's why it's so difficult.

U can ask her how much does she want u in her life, does she see u in her futur, does she wanna trust u... if so then she should take the risk and accept who u were before, and see what's gonna happen next.

maybe it's gonna be a beautiful love story or maybe u'll end up breaking for a complete different reason, but that shit we cannot know
IMO i wouldn't have any regrets, if i take the risk it's because i accepted all the consequences that may come with it

I always found life more interesting when u dont know everything in advance and simply live
it as it comes.

Sorry if it's kinda long... people who think to much, suck for short text.. at least i suck! =p

Carpe Diem P.T
06-18-08, 5:30 pm

Put YOURSELF on that pedastel... knock her ass off of it. Take care of YOU. and you will find the one you are meant to be with.

exactly. no one is better than you. until you love yourself, no one can love you.

Barbenders Babe
06-19-08, 10:36 am
sounds like the issues are with herself and not with your past. if she was confident with herself she would be able to accept what you have done before her. we have all had issues with ourselves and i had to grow and learn just like everyone else who succeeds in life. most of you guys have a past with a lot more "numbers" than us sisters and in some ways that is a good thing. she should be happy that you have it behind you and not infront of you. i dont know the whole story but dont put too much effort into it if is constantly an issue. that is a lot of waisted energy there. you need positive energy to grow. negative energy keeps you moving backward.

R.Bearse1
06-19-08, 10:41 am
Vaze and BB, thank you both for the words. we will be having a discussion next time I can call her and I'll drop a line sayin the outcome

dannynb
06-19-08, 11:56 pm
sounds like the issues are with herself and not with your past. if she was confident with herself she would be able to accept what you have done before her. we have all had issues with ourselves and i had to grow and learn just like everyone else who succeeds in life. most of you guys have a past with a lot more "numbers" than us sisters and in some ways that is a good thing. she should be happy that you have it behind you and not infront of you. i dont know the whole story but dont put too much effort into it if is constantly an issue. that is a lot of waisted energy there. you need positive energy to grow. negative energy keeps you moving backward.

Amen!!!

Arnold Is Numero Uno
06-20-08, 11:54 pm

I see what ure sayin man, I'll keep focused on me for a while...sometimes you gotta be sorda "cocky" and say that it's her loss any way....but she was really my first real love and I won't ever be able to just stop loving her, I will always...but I gotta focus on my training and my college/future career

Like Arnold would say "I gotta cut off my emotions"

R.Bearse1
06-21-08, 5:52 am
Vaze and BB, thank you both for the words. we will be having a discussion next time I can call her and I'll drop a line sayin the outcome

Well we talked...I actually sent her the link to here on AIM while we were on the phone and she read from my question on. She pretty much saw the light and could hear in my voice how serious I was about it being TOO MUCH of a strain on me and I truly believe she will start calming down. If it becomes a problem again though...I'm gonna beat feet, no point in putting up with it. I seem to find girls I "help" along or teach 'em something through our relationship rather than actually have a relationship with. lol

Vaze_06
06-21-08, 11:02 am
Well we talked...I actually sent her the link to here on AIM while we were on the phone and she read from my question on. She pretty much saw the light and could hear in my voice how serious I was about it being TOO MUCH of a strain on me and I truly believe she will start calming down. If it becomes a problem again though...I'm gonna beat feet, no point in putting up with it. I seem to find girls I "help" along or teach 'em something through our relationship rather than actually have a relationship with. lol

wise decision u have make here
i hope it will work out for u two. otherwise always listen to what Rcrott1 says! ahah
good luck

R.Bearse1
06-21-08, 1:51 pm
wise decision u have make here
i hope it will work out for u two. otherwise always listen to what Rcrott1 says! ahah
good luck

I normally do listen to him, lol. HE straightened me out on 2 girls before, Rcrott all I have to say is Jenny and Kim! LMMFAO

BigBen
08-08-08, 11:59 am
This is to my true iron brothers. The ones that think I'm a pussy for posting this, can eat a d**k. I have been true to the iron game for over half of my life. So much so, that everyone that sees me automatically thinks I'm a steroid abuser. I gained everything from hard work and proper nutrition. Recently, I got hit with a train. I was in love with a girl. Gave her the world. For the past 6 months, she said she wanted to give me the gift of a child. We weren't 100 % trying... but, we weren't using protection either. She said she wanted to get married. Everything seemed perfect. The second she found out she was pregnant, she did a complete 180. She went and got an abortion and moved out without even though I begged her not to. She never even gave me a reason. This has devestated me! It has been almost a month and I can't even bring myself to go to the gym. The gym used to be my passion. Now, I can't even eat. Any honest suggestions??? I feel really hopeless at this point. I pray to God every day for him to heal my heart, give me my motivation back. The thing is she says she still loves me. What should I do????

shizz702
08-08-08, 12:21 pm
Damn bro. This brings to mind a few questions: why would she get an abortion and up and leave if she said she wanted to get married and have a kid in the first place? What was the motivation behind her actions? Was she scared? Maybe she didn't really want to have a kid in the first place and was just going on a whim saying what she thought you wanted to hear. Or maybe she did want to have a kid but didn't think it would actually happen and wasn't prepared for it.

Either way bro DO NOT OVER ANALYZE IT! What's done is done. She's gone. Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't. Even if she does I wouldn't advise taking her back after what she has done to you. She already fucked you once and I'm sure she'd do it again. Don't beat yourself up and don't drive yourself insane trying to figure out why she did what she did. Women don't make sense sometimes bro.

I understand and can only imagine how devastated you must be. But you must get back on your feet and move on. You can't let it break you. You have to press on! Turn this negative force into a positive one and take out all your frustrations on the Iron! Lift like you've never lifted before. When you break it down and think about it what would be more beneficial, sitting there feeling sorry for yourself wasting away, or attacking the Iron and bettering yourself?

I'm sure you've worked hard during the time you've paid your dues lifting, and you can't let it go. There's no better way to deal with life's problems than Iron man. Letting this break you down would be the worst thing you can do. Again I understand it must hurt, but you got to man up. It's not your fault, it was beyond your control, and what's done is done, you're gonna have to move foward and let the past be the past.

So accept it, and get back in the gym where you belong brother, I promise the moment you get under the bar you'll feel better! Best wishes to you bro and I hope you soon overcome this.

GriT-
08-08-08, 2:43 pm
Wow, at first I thought you literally got hit with a train, I read a little too quickly. My neck still hurts from the double take I did lol

On a more serious note, truly sorry to hear about your situation but lets not play around, you know EXACTLY what you need to do. You're a god damn warrior, you said it yourself "I have been true to the iron game for over half of my life". You know who you are and you know your worth. Live up to your virtues. Listen to your instincts. Rise up off the ground, brush off the dirt and charge back into the hellfire.

This is your battle. Right here.

DEADn
08-08-08, 2:49 pm
Dude

You need to take some time to work through this pain. If you can't find it within yourself to go to the gym then don't beat yourself up for it. You need to find something that is going to help you get help greive this thing out. In a sense this is like going through a divorce and those things don't get healed over night. It takes time.

R.Bearse1
08-08-08, 4:29 pm
This is to my true iron brothers. The ones that think I'm a pussy for posting this, can eat a d**k. I have been true to the iron game for over half of my life. So much so, that everyone that sees me automatically thinks I'm a steroid abuser. I gained everything from hard work and proper nutrition. Recently, I got hit with a train. I was in love with a girl. Gave her the world. For the past 6 months, she said she wanted to give me the gift of a child. We weren't 100 % trying... but, we weren't using protection either. She said she wanted to get married. Everything seemed perfect. The second she found out she was pregnant, she did a complete 180. She went and got an abortion and moved out without even though I begged her not to. She never even gave me a reason. This has devestated me! It has been almost a month and I can't even bring myself to go to the gym. The gym used to be my passion. Now, I can't even eat. Any honest suggestions??? I feel really hopeless at this point. I pray to God every day for him to heal my heart, give me my motivation back. The thing is she says she still loves me. What should I do????

Bro, shitty situation. A couple things... First Off if anyone wants to call me an asshole for how blunt and straightforward I am about with this FUCK OFF!! In my mind matters of the heart are not to be sugar coated. Doing things "nicely" leads to 2nd thoughts and doubting. Which leads to bad decisions.

Ok bro,
1. Do not expect an explanation. Even if you run into her 5 years down the road. Don't ask for one, just know that every year, on the day she got the abortion she will remember you and ACHE for the SHIT she did to you.

2. Half the time you were together. That's when you'll be ready to get over it. Give or take a month depending on your attitude. If you go with the self pity route and let yourself lose motivation it could take a LONG time. If you have the attitude that it's another obstacle to get over and around, well then it could be quick. You got fucked, played, screwed. However you want to put it.

3. Read My SIG, pertaining to the Motivation thing. One thing you said in there, "Pray for God to give me MY motivation back" Brother it's your motivation, you know the gym and weights are there, they always are bro.

4. She still loves you!? Bro, idk ur views on abortion but....she killed your child. To me, unforgivable.

Mainly this is all your call bro, all we can do is give advice but in reality, People can give all the advice they want. But you still gonna do what you want, til something comes by, hits you upside the head and tells you what the fuck is up. Follow me? But this is coming from a 20 year old soldier who has done his fair share of shitty things but also had his fair share of shitty things done to him. I wouldn't say bitter but I can be an unforgiving bastard sometimes. Your call, pick and choose if anything in here is worthwhile

Best of luck Brother. Keep us updated if we can help anymore.

Strength and Honor!

Cellerator65
08-08-08, 4:37 pm
the iron has always gotten me outta every heart ache... time heals everything. You can, honestly, never trust that woman again after what she did, sorry to say.

Carpe will agree with me on this, if he chimes in... you gotta find happiness within yourself before you find it in someone else. So take your time now to get your happiness from within.

Get under that bar and take it for a mother fucking ride. Good luck.

BigBen
08-08-08, 10:49 pm
I know all of you guys are correct in your line of thinking. I need to dust all this off and get back to what I was born to do... being a warrior. I can't let outside forces out of my control bring me down. Strength and happiness come from within. Thanks to all my brothers out there for the support. Isn't it sad how people treat each other though??? What ever happened to honesty/truth? Makes me sick....

Amp211
08-09-08, 10:16 am
i guess im lucky cuz my girl doesnt mind me blow her off to go push some iron and doesnt bitch about the pills and protein, but my other girl (yeah i got 2 shame on me) she doesnt mind me working out too cuz she hit the gym up sometimes, but she said something the other night about my Stack and Protein. which is kinda funny cuz she drink and smoke all the time. lol

johnny7
08-09-08, 12:44 pm
my girlfriend was like this at first, "Why do you HAVE to workout today, just do it tomorrow.", "Your so tired after working out that you are unresponsive to me.", or the ever present "You are looking at pictures of half-naked guys too much."
after a little while she just got used to it--now she knows if I don't get my workout in, I'll be hell on earth to deal with anyway from frustration--and looking at poses just inspires me and helps learn posing form
now she says "I'm gonna get Taco Bell on the way over but I'll stop at the store and get you some London Broil & a sweet potato and cook it for you." (such a keeper)
also MY FAVORITE she would say "I hope you don't want to look like that, thats gross." but when I started bulking and hardening my physique, she was breathless when I posed for her
It's all relative man, always try to meet halfway, but don't sacrifice your goals for someone who is unwilling to budge

lucky guy

R.Bearse1
08-10-08, 2:08 am
HEre we go again......

Now, my last post was my girl was jealous of my past and worried blah blah blah.

Well now we just had a discussion that kept me up all night. She is jealous of the girls I talk to that I fooled around with or had "relations" with in my past. But she isn't worried about the actions or w/e. She is "jealous of their looks, their personalities and how they can talk to you and not fight"(direct quote). I think this is spurned from lack of love for and/or confidence in herself. But seriously......when is enough enough?

R.Bearse1
08-10-08, 2:17 am
"its putting on a stronger front and convincing others and myself i'm ok and better then what i truly think, and then maybe i'll start believing it. That way if i start to believe it then i'll be better and it wont push you away and i wont lose you"

That's another direct quote from her. I ended the convo saying... "You need to really assess your life and if you truly love YOU. I don't want a g/f who is lying to herself AND me just so I won't leave."

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 2:22 am
"its putting on a stronger front and convincing others and myself i'm ok and better then what i truly think, and then maybe i'll start believing it. That way if i start to believe it then i'll be better and it wont push you away and i wont lose you"

That's another direct quote from her. I ended the convo saying... "You need to really assess your life and if you truly love YOU. I don't want a g/f who is lying to herself AND me just so I won't leave."

lol a far better man than i... i had a girl with the same problem, i jsut lied my way around it till it was ended in a non pleasent manner..

R.Bearse1
08-10-08, 2:31 am
lol a far better man than i... i had a girl with the same problem, i jsut lied my way around it till it was ended in a non pleasent manner..

I've done that before! lol Not pleasant at all! But I am truly trying to make this one work.

See, I'm not afraid to hurt her feelings. So I just come right out and say what needs to be said. Yeah she calls me an asshole but...how can you point out someone's shortcomings and NOT be an asshole somewhat? lol Normally I don't just bash her shortcomings(we all have 'em), but something like this affects "US" not just her.

SQUAT or DIE!
08-10-08, 2:33 am
I've done that before! lol Not pleasant at all! But I am truly trying to make this one work.

See, I'm not afraid to hurt her feelings. So I just come right out and say what needs to be said. Yeah she calls me an asshole but...how can you point out someone's shortcomings and NOT be an asshole somewhat? lol Normally I don't just bash her shortcomings(we all have 'em), but something like this affects "US" not just her.

very true about the short comings... LOL yeah see if i hurt her feelings shed cry and complain.... UGH!!! but i was still called an asshole weekly!!!

Vaze_06
08-10-08, 12:50 pm
HEre we go again......

Now, my last post was my girl was jealous of my past and worried blah blah blah.

Well now we just had a discussion that kept me up all night. She is jealous of the girls I talk to that I fooled around with or had "relations" with in my past. But she isn't worried about the actions or w/e. She is "jealous of their looks, their personalities and how they can talk to you and not fight"(direct quote). I think this is spurned from lack of love for and/or confidence in herself. But seriously......when is enough enough?

wait... so does it mean u're gonna stop talking with me and being my friend???
U FREAKIN ASSHOLE!!!
just kidding

i'll give u my 2 cents...

The person who should be jealous here is not her but the other chicks. Those with who u ''talk to that I fooled around with or had "relations" with in my past''... She has the best place right now... she is your gf. when u're sad/angry/piss off/happy whatever... 95% of the time it's her u'll think about calling, not the others
If she has even brain, she'll stick around and get to know everything about u, from good to bad And let's not forget the bonus that come with having a boyfriend... cough cough lol

What's going on in the other chicks mind.. that's on other story! but your girl has to learn to let things go. It's when u try to keep someone only for yourself that u have more risk of loosing him
So she should stop feeling jealous and feel more lucky, cauz some chicks will never u as she did!

anyhow... good luck bro =p

Histo55
10-28-08, 4:57 pm
So this weekend i found out that my girlfriend, who'd i'd been dating now for two years, cheated on me while I was down in college, while i was doing nothing but thinking of her, training, and studying (no partying, no flirting, and especially NO cheating)....i cant even focus on anything but what i must've done wrong...she got way to drunk one night and did something she can't take back...i'm so lost and confused....F*CK LIFE.....whats the point anymore???

Factory
10-28-08, 5:03 pm
try seeing a shrink, or keeping busy... good luck with it bro.

that's the pits though.

JUGGERNAUT
10-28-08, 5:07 pm
With all those thoughts you have, it's best sorted out in the gym; honestly. Hope it all works out for you though, we have ALL been there.

Cstlfx
10-28-08, 5:12 pm
I know how you feel bro. Its going to hurt for some time, cause it is really shitty. Take all that anger and put it into your lifts. Hit the heavy bag, go for runs and walks. Just keep busy. The worst thing to do is to sit and dwell on whats happened. Use your working out to work through things. Lifting and running will help you get a clear head which will allow you to think properly and get over it faster and easier.

Make sure to get all your food in. Get the protein, carbs, and fats. If you eat well, get more carbs than you usually take in, it will help your mental health. Keep in bright, well lit areas (seriously, I didnt think much of this either, but there is scientific proof), it will help depression. Get enough sleep as well.

Finally, make sure to hit the weights HARD.

deanna7272
10-28-08, 5:15 pm
First statement....

1..... while i was doing nothing but thinking of her, training, and studying (no partying, no flirting, and especially NO cheating)....

My thoughts.... GREAT JOB, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing!!!

Second statement...

2..... i cant even focus on anything but what i must've done wrong...

My thoughts.... WHY are you blaming yourself????

Third statement

3..... SHE got way to drunk one night and did something SHE can't take back

My thoughts.... ENOUGH SAID....

SHE made the mistake... She must deal with it.... I am sure you love her, but if that's all it took was a few too many beers, what's the next excuse....

I was with a man for 20 years of my life (I am only 36) married him and he did the same thing....

"A FEW TOO MANY BEERS", my ass... That's no excuse.... I hope you can get past this, I just have no sympathy when someone uses BOOZE as an excuse... If you can't handle your inhibitions while drinking, don't drink... plain and simple...

Sorry, just fueled my fire a bit... I hope things work out for you in all this... Stay strong and true to yourself and the iron... "SHE" will never let you down!!!

Iron4Life
10-28-08, 5:19 pm
i feel ya bro...my ex of 4 years just broke it off about a month ago..its sucks, but you gotta understand that's life...all you can do is learn from the relationship...i can say the gym has been my savior during this time period...if it wasn't for the gym, id probably be out numbing the pain with drugs and alcohol...use all the anger, sadness and pain that you have and turn it into motivation in the gym....you will get thru it, you just have to keep your head high, have some pride and drive on..... remember, we have all gone thry similar fucked up situations...sometimes life's a bitch and its the good one who's get fucked over...time will heal all man...for now just try to take it easy, hit the gym hard, hang out with friends and you will be fine.....good luck bro

iron

Cstlfx
10-28-08, 5:19 pm
Also, read this:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/utb_zen.htm

WeeMan
10-28-08, 5:26 pm
try seeing a shrink, or keeping busy... good luck with it bro.

that's the pits though.

fuck that! go to the gym, train and move on. obviously you were with her for so long that u maybe loved her, play through the pain man. itl pass.

WeeMan
10-28-08, 5:30 pm
With all those thoughts you have, it's best sorted out in the gym; honestly.

exactly!

Dingo
10-28-08, 5:42 pm
...F*CK LIFE.....whats the point anymore???

What the hell is your problem??!?!?!?!?!!?
NO ONE, NOT ANOTHER HUMAN ON THIS PLANET IS WORTH THAT THOUGHT, NOT EVEN YOUR OWN MOTHER!!!!!!!

The sooner you realize that the sooner and better off you'll be. You should never be that invested in someone else. Take stock of yourself, let your nuts hang and be a man.
Use any feelings from her/for her as another huge fucking log being tossed into a largest fucking bonfire in the history of man. Punish the weights in the gym and soon all that bullshit your putting yourself through will feel pretty stupid. You will end up laughing at yourself for being such a fucktard about it.

This is the best excuse to be selfish and spend every spare minute you have refining your diet and workout strategy, spend all that birthday cash, Christmas gift cash, valentines day gift cash, anniversary gift cash on the one who matter most......YOU!!!! stock up on foods and supps. Now is the time to grow larger, you've got the fuel and the ammo, now either get to work or go cry in your pillow!

Factory
10-28-08, 5:47 pm
SHE made the mistake... She must deal with it.... I am sure you love her, but if that's all it took was a few too many beers, what's the next excuse....

"A FEW TOO MANY BEERS", my ass... That's no excuse.... I hope you can get past this, I just have no sympathy when someone uses BOOZE as an excuse... If you can't handle your inhibitions while drinking, don't drink... plain and simple...

x2, and thats y i dont drink.

musclealchemist
10-28-08, 6:42 pm
i know you may have strong feelings for her, but bitches aint shit. She is the one who didnt guard against not being tempted. Its not your fault, trust me, i have been you are before. You gotta just keep on keeping on and not let her take your energy. If she really would have liked you, she wouldnt have dont that. We make mistakes, but it doesnt sound like you would ever put yourself in that position that she did. Plus if she kept it from you this long? Use the rage and gym fuel, its all you can do. I really hope you come out of it, but it takes time. Trust me.

SDR
10-28-08, 7:22 pm
caught up in a simliar situation....is it affecting me? Yes, will i let it continue affecting me? No....life is full of b.s and stress, just gotta do what you do, and focus on what will always be there for you (Your sanity , ur physique , your life....)

MojoMike36
10-28-08, 7:27 pm
OP - Bro, you need to drop the mentality that you and your girlfriend are equals. Leave her alone and let her go. She'll either come back desperate for your forgiveness or she'll leave. Whatever happens is the way it should.