PDA

View Full Version : Girls & The Iron Life

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Optimus Prime
06-17-10, 12:31 pm
whos got good advice about the ladies??

fawaz
07-24-10, 1:35 am
i cant seem to controle some feelings i have but i realy want to get them of my chest.i am known for my extremely high intensity training sessions and will of iron that i have learned from my brothers of the forum and machine.
there is someone i love very much whenever i think about her in the gym i feel empowered its all the motivation i nead to just look at her the way she smiles and cares.
i torture myself everyday because i know i cant be with her.i love to punish myself in the gym everyday because maybe it might ease my pain of knowing i cant be with her.
she is the reason why ifind there is something to look forward to in this world.that i would put my life on the line to protect her and when i think of that in the gym i rage all out war untill i have no more breath left in me.
she sometimes tries to ease my pain it gives me more motivation to train harder.
i hate not seeing her and that the same hate that drives me insane in the gym to make me go to the death on every set.
i love her so much.
ive wanted to ask if any of you feel the same way in your life or have had these feelings.
i wanted to get this of my chest on this forum because it seems you my brothers of iron seem to be the only ones who understand because no one else knows.
im being serious.
no joking around.

BamBam
07-24-10, 11:03 am
i cant seem to controle some feelings i have but i realy want to get them of my chest.i am known for my extremely high intensity training sessions and will of iron that i have learned from my brothers of the forum and machine.
there is someone i love very much whenever i think about her in the gym i feel empowered its all the motivation i nead to just look at her the way she smiles and cares.
i torture myself everyday because i know i cant be with her.i love to punish myself in the gym everyday because maybe it might ease my pain of knowing i cant be with her.
she is the reason why ifind there is something to look forward to in this world.that i would put my life on the line to protect her and when i think of that in the gym i rage all out war untill i have no more breath left in me.
she sometimes tries to ease my pain it gives me more motivation to train harder.
i hate not seeing her and that the same hate that drives me insane in the gym to make me go to the death on every set.
i love her so much.
ive wanted to ask if any of you feel the same way in your life or have had these feelings.
i wanted to get this of my chest on this forum because it seems you my brothers of iron seem to be the only ones who understand because no one else knows.
im being serious.
no joking around.

Print this off, give it to her... she's yours. I don't know the situation but bro if is meant to be it will be. I love my girl with all my heart. She's my one and only so I def know the rush of emotions you get but, Im not trying to get too religious with you man, but put it in God's hands and DO YOU!!! If it is meant to be, again, it will be.. Until then, put your head down, get big, and let her know whats up

IN IRON,
BB-

Legacy
07-24-10, 12:22 pm
Like bambam said man if its meant to be its meant to be, and if not don't sweat it. I'm not telling this to discourage you man, but there are millions of other girls out there, don't let one run you into the ground. Glad to see there is motivation making you go to every set to death, but you can't control how she feels. All you can do is tell her man, but if she still feels the same, nothing you can do about it. In the end though, you gotta think to yourself, do you really wanna be with a girl who you had to convince as much as you have been trying? Like I told you man, I am not trying to discourage you, I just don't wanna see an animal brother put all his heart into everything and in the end let it cause more harm than good.

Sprint
07-25-10, 7:59 pm
100% know exactly where you are bro. broke up with my ex 2 & a half years ago (totally her choice) still not over her.

We havnt spoke for over a year (she basically cut me out 'to give me a chance to get over her') just last week out of the blue she added me on facebook. no messages from her yet, im not going to chase her for fear of scaring her away.
Still love her with all my heart, just like you, id give absolutely anything to just see her smile.

And yes, she's my driving force in running my own business, when im training on the track, and every single rep in the gym.

Hang in there, bury yourself in improving who you are. Be it stronger, faster, bigger. whatever you want, take those emotions & channel them into a constructive & unstoppable force propelling you to success in every aspect of your life.

This emotion, focused like a laser into determination & passion has dragged me back from torn muscles on the track to being in competition level again (got my first outdoors athletics meet in 6 years coming up on saturday), pushed me for that extra rep in the gym when my muscles have given all they've got, and has driven me to setting up my own personal training business. 26 years old, and managing director of my own company.

Don't let the feelings eat you up or wear you down, focus & channel them. That hate you describe, turn it nto determination and use it not just in the gym, but outside as well.

I hear ya bro. Loud and clear.

Maccabee
07-25-10, 8:44 pm
You must tell her this. It doesn't matter what her answer is just as long as she knows how you feel.

prowrestler
07-26-10, 12:40 am
You must tell her this. It doesn't matter what her answer is just as long as she knows how you feel.

eventualy...

off the bat, hell no

prowrestler
07-26-10, 12:41 am
why do you say you know you can not be with her?

im deeply in love with the right girl and i think love is a very important part of life

fawaz
07-27-10, 12:34 am
100% know exactly where you are bro. broke up with my ex 2 & a half years ago (totally her choice) still not over her.

We havnt spoke for over a year (she basically cut me out 'to give me a chance to get over her') just last week out of the blue she added me on facebook. no messages from her yet, im not going to chase her for fear of scaring her away.
Still love her with all my heart, just like you, id give absolutely anything to just see her smile.

And yes, she's my driving force in running my own business, when im training on the track, and every single rep in the gym.

Hang in there, bury yourself in improving who you are. Be it stronger, faster, bigger. whatever you want, take those emotions & channel them into a constructive & unstoppable force propelling you to success in every aspect of your life

This emotion, focused like a laser into determination & passion has dragged me back from torn muscles on the track to being in competition level again (got my first outdoors athletics meet in 6 years coming up on saturday), pushed me for that extra rep in the gym when my muscles have given all they've got, and has driven me to setting up my own personal training business. 26 years old, and managing director of my own company.

Don't let the feelings eat you up or wear you down, focus & channel them. That hate you describe, turn it nto determination and use it not just in the gym, but outside as well.

I hear ya bro. Loud and clear.

thankyou for telling me this.i will keep it in mind.i hear you to bro loud and clear and hope the best for you.

KLZQ
09-09-10, 11:23 am
Long story short my girlfriend of 4 years and I split amicably I'd say 5-6 weeks ago. I was in the middle of a killer cut (lost almost 40 pounds over a 4 month time-frame).

After the 1st week I was doing great, kept my routine up, working hard, feeling good. Then came the crash and for about 2-3 weeks I felt like crap, stomach was bugging me, couldn't eat or sleep properly, all mental shit you know. I finally feel like a recovered about 2 weeks ago but all of a sudden a hit a rut again and my mind is taking over.

I just finished my degree in Kin and am not going back to school just yet, however I don't have a full-time job during the week, so I wake up at 1000am and am like, well wtf am I going to do today, everyone else is back at school, I'm home alone, what is my ex doing. It's lame and weak and I know it but I can't combat it.

It's affecting my training and I have to get back on the bandwagon. I haven't gained any weight but I know I've lost some strength. What gets you boys through the days like this.

G Diesel
09-09-10, 11:38 am
Time does indeed heal all wounds. As does routine, business and investment in self. Make yourself busy improving yourself and your life. Focus on you and what you want and what you are becoming. It is yet another cliche, but the best revenge is to live well.

Peace, G

Aggression
09-09-10, 11:55 am
It is yet another cliche, but the best revenge is to live well.

Truth. Its definitely rough. I went through it last year during my contest prep. Doing 60min cardio at 5am allows too much time for thinking. You just have to keep your head up and continue down your own path.

BamBam
09-09-10, 11:59 am
Most of you guys got to meet my girl at the Arnold, and at the recent ABC in Cleveland. She's a keeper and is hooked on the Iron so she gets why I do it, to a point.

ANother cliche, but you just gotta find that "one" that God created for you..

IN IRON,
BB-

Beowulf
09-09-10, 2:13 pm
Long story short my girlfriend of 4 years and I split amicably I'd say 5-6 weeks ago. I was in the middle of a killer cut (lost almost 40 pounds over a 4 month time-frame).

After the 1st week I was doing great, kept my routine up, working hard, feeling good. Then came the crash and for about 2-3 weeks I felt like crap, stomach was bugging me, couldn't eat or sleep properly, all mental shit you know. I finally feel like a recovered about 2 weeks ago but all of a sudden a hit a rut again and my mind is taking over.

I just finished my degree in Kin and am not going back to school just yet, however I don't have a full-time job during the week, so I wake up at 1000am and am like, well wtf am I going to do today, everyone else is back at school, I'm home alone, what is my ex doing. It's lame and weak and I know it but I can't combat it.

It's affecting my training and I have to get back on the bandwagon. I haven't gained any weight but I know I've lost some strength. What gets you boys through the days like this.

Though amicable, it sounds like she wanted to end things more than you.

IronWilson
09-09-10, 2:22 pm
Your mission now is to make her wish she never left you the next time she sees you. Get big and cut. She'll realize what she missed out on. All the while, you will have realized that you deserved better.

KLZQ
09-09-10, 2:22 pm
Haha at the time it was amicable. But now that void is hurtin me. It's like a trifecta my old man told me, just finished school, girlfriend and I break, and my grandpas sick, stress is hittin' me hard. I need direction basically lol. It's an odd place I'm in right now!

Sprint
09-09-10, 5:19 pm
Haha at the time it was amicable. But now that void is hurtin me. It's like a trifecta my old man told me, just finished school, girlfriend and I break, and my grandpas sick, stress is hittin' me hard. I need direction basically lol. It's an odd place I'm in right now!

Concentrate everything into a laser-like focus in the gym bro.

Been there myself. My advice is stand tall, stand proud, & do your thing.

You got this.

BamBam
09-09-10, 6:53 pm
God is testing you bro... mark my fucking words... I lost my grandfather 8 years ago and he was like my father. Taught me literally everything I know about everything important in my life from sports, tv, to how to be a man.. Lost my best friend and brother 2 years ago. He was my lifting partner, and the closest person to me in the world. I've fucked up in school before, had girls cheat on me, and I've done my share of dumb shit. Now, I don't mean to preach... well, fuck it, yeah I DO! But put God first bro. Know he will take care of you and will answer your prayers, just may not be the answer you want. 1.) God, 2.) Family, 3.) Iron, 4.) Work/School.... this is what I love by and my life has never been better. God has tested me more than I can count, but he has also seen me pass and fail, and is still letting me live and breathe day in and day out. Keep your head up bro. Eyes on the prize, and put God first. You do all that while continually work on making yourself a better person... shit...you will be a force to be reckoned with..

IN IRON,
BB-

andrewT
03-09-11, 10:41 pm
Well

wtf do you do when your the one who dumped her, but you were the one who made a real mistake?
it would have been 4 years this month, broke up with her in november. She was a keeper, she was special, and everyone fuckin knew it. I know I am young, but she was older than me and everything was f-ing perfect about her!

I'm independent to the point that I push people away, its something I am working on, but was the reason why I ended shit with her. She trains at my gym, and is into the lifestyle. I tried to talk to her and her words were to "fuck yourself, I know what your all about."
Its fucked up knowing someone who would have taken a bullet for you, now hates your fucking guts. Is it worth it to try and get her "back", or should I just man up, stop being a pussy and accept the fact that there are zillions of other women in the world?

I am comfortable alone, by myself. My life is fine, but damn I sure miss my best friend who stood beside me whether I was right or wrong!

A10
03-09-11, 11:29 pm
Balance
When it comes to pursuing your goals in bodybuilding much like anything in life its all about compromise. I wanna go do MTI Duty (Drill Sergeant in the Air Force). It would require 16+ hr days sometimes 7 days a week. How did I get my wife on board when we have a son on the way? Compromise I told her after my tour we do any base she wanted. Its not the fact the base is such a huge deal but the fact I asked and showed to her I love her enough to wanna make it up to her. Women are insecure and fragile beings they hide being a wall of menstrual cycles and straight up bitchiness. In a relationship, you cant be the guy who disappears to the gym all damn night and then sits in front of his comp lurking this forum or internet, you cant always be saying no babe gotta go do this (insert bs here). You have a work out schedule a meal schedule a sleep schedule. Schedule time with your lady sacrficice some bullshit time with the guys and keep to it dont reschedule on her for bs reasons. But at the same time she has to respect your schedule and be supportive its a 50/50 compromise and if she aint doing it kick her ass the curb she can be someone elses issue. Classic example I forgot who said it his lady will stop and get herself and taco bell but her man his needed powerlifting foods.

@andrewT
Look man kat Williams says you cant walk up in the club and say “Fuck everyone in the club” and expect to leave the club without anyone jumping your ass. You obviously did something, your best bet is to just apologize first thing bro “Hey I really messed up, I had my head up my ass… I understand why your so pissed at me hopefully you can forgive me I’de like to make it up to you”… If that doesn’t work I’de just back off anything more could be kinda creepy and desperate. If she wont see passed your mistake to forgive you shes not that kinda person you wanna be with anyhow bro.

LegendKillerJosh
03-10-11, 8:42 pm
Well

wtf do you do when your the one who dumped her, but you were the one who made a real mistake?
it would have been 4 years this month, broke up with her in november. She was a keeper, she was special, and everyone fuckin knew it. I know I am young, but she was older than me and everything was f-ing perfect about her!

I'm independent to the point that I push people away, its something I am working on, but was the reason why I ended shit with her. She trains at my gym, and is into the lifestyle. I tried to talk to her and her words were to "fuck yourself, I know what your all about."
Its fucked up knowing someone who would have taken a bullet for you, now hates your fucking guts. Is it worth it to try and get her "back", or should I just man up, stop being a pussy and accept the fact that there are zillions of other women in the world?

I am comfortable alone, by myself. My life is fine, but damn I sure miss my best friend who stood beside me whether I was right or wrong!

I just got out of a relationship myself. It wasn't very tough though, we weren't together long and I was the one to dump her, but it was a little hard. I'm not trying to say I understand what you are going through, but I always feel better when I just tell myself there are tons and tons of other girls out there. And I'm sure plenty of them are better than the last one I was with. You'll meet the right one eventually, and you will know it, and you will be so glad you aren't with the old one anymore.

andrewT
03-10-11, 8:55 pm
I guess your right.

I have already dated a few other great girls, but they don't compare.
Thing is I broke it off for the wrong reasons, not because of something wrong with her.

oh well, like my pops says; if your gonna make a decision you better stick to it!

Altered Beast
03-10-11, 9:40 pm
Well

You are going to have to sack up and explain everything you posted here to her. It's going to be tough. If you want a mate, you are going to have to give her your heart and seriously open up. It sounds soft and gay, but it's the truth. Women have estrogen, and a slower releasing form of testosterone (and not much of it). They need security from their men and don't put up with bullshit.

Sounds like you're scared of a possible marriage discussion. Just let her know that if ya'll are going to be together, that you have no desire to be married any time soon. BUT it is very possible in the future.

*Not saying that is what it is, but that does cause 99% of men to dump a long term significant other.

Also, you better hurry up before she starts rebounding hard or hate humping!

Hope this helps

Altered Beast
03-10-11, 9:43 pm
I guess your right.

I have already dated a few other great girls, but they don't compare.
Thing is I broke it off for the wrong reasons, not because of something wrong with her.

oh well, like my pops says; if your gonna make a decision you better stick to it!

FYI, my significant other and I were first together at 20. We've dumped each other twice over the years, but have been consistently together for two years. It's really damn weird, but ask anyone, it always happens that way!

Altered Beast
03-10-11, 9:47 pm
Stop being a scared little bitch and get her back! A quality, loyal woman is seriously hard as hell to find!

Why do you think the divorce rate is so radically high? BECAUSE VERY FEW FIND WHAT THEY REALLY WANT!

andrewT
03-10-11, 9:47 pm
its too late my friend.

throughout our relationship I broke up with her one other previous time, for about 3 weeks and we got back together. Again it was my fault, and it was for the same reason. Her family and friends have brainwashed her into hating me. How do I know this?

because the first time I took a break with her I tried going there and calling her, but her mom told me to stay away, and that her life was better without me. I called her about 1000 times, and finally went to her house at 4 am and knocked on her window, so she had no choice but to talk to me lol.

the problem is, she thinks I dumped her to fool around. not the case at all, but I can gaurantee someone else has probably already been balls deep in her (maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt) since it has been a few months and she has probably hate humped!
I have a rule though, if a girl has had another salami insider her after I was with her, she is crossed off the list. Some call it stupidity, I call it pride!

btw Pantera fucking rules!!!

Altered Beast
03-10-11, 10:09 pm
its too late my friend.

throughout our relationship I broke up with her one other previous time, for about 3 weeks and we got back together. Again it was my fault, and it was for the same reason. Her family and friends have brainwashed her into hating me. How do I know this?

because the first time I took a break with her I tried going there and calling her, but her mom told me to stay away, and that her life was better without me. I called her about 1000 times, and finally went to her house at 4 am and knocked on her window, so she had no choice but to talk to me lol.

the problem is, she thinks I dumped her to fool around. not the case at all, but I can gaurantee someone else has probably already been balls deep in her (maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt) since it has been a few months and she has probably hate humped!
I have a rule though, if a girl has had another salami insider her after I was with her, she is crossed off the list. Some call it stupidity, I call it pride!

btw Pantera fucking rules!!!

Yes, Pantera does!

Sounds like her folks never liked you! LOL! You're fucked from the beginning.

I couldn't agree more. My lady says that any woman who rebounds or hate humps, is in fact, a whore! LOL! So there you go!

Well....I guess all you can do now is go on a pussy rampage! Tell chicks that she dumped you and her parents hated you because they liked her ex-boyfriend before you better! =)

andrewT
03-10-11, 10:26 pm
Yes, Pantera does!

Sounds like her folks never liked you! LOL! You're fucked from the beginning.

I couldn't agree more. My lady says that any woman who rebounds or hate humps, is in fact, a whore! LOL! So there you go!

Well....I guess all you can do now is go on a pussy rampage! Tell chicks that she dumped you and her parents hated you because they liked her ex-boyfriend before you better! =)

her parents treat her like shit. I treated her like gold; they resented me for that.
I don't think she has gone hate humping, but hey how would I know? I shouldn't judge her, its her life now. I have no clue what she is up to.

I guess it chalks up to another, "you don't know what you have till its gone" lesson!

jeff00z28
03-10-11, 10:48 pm
lol funny to see this thread pop up cuzz i just ended another 2 month relationship. She said my lifestyle was boring but i was not rly into going dancing all the time with her. God i fuckin hate dancing and the few on here that have met me would not believe i have done it, but sometimes u gotta do waht u gotta do to fulfill needs. It was a clean mutual decision, however.

A10
03-11-11, 1:58 am
her parents treat her like shit. I treated her like gold; they resented me for that.
I don't think she has gone hate humping, but hey how would I know? I shouldn't judge her, its her life now. I have no clue what she is up to.

I guess it chalks up to another, "you don't know what you have till its gone" lesson!

Parents sound like drama bro u dont wanna deal with that your whole life ur way better off man

zubda345
03-11-11, 10:48 am
Parents sound like drama bro u dont wanna deal with that your whole life ur way better off man

A-men to that..... I am also single never got in a relationship in my whole life.... but I want to be in it sooo bad, but on the other hand gym is also what I love.... Sometimes If I think I see that all the 24 hours of my day is taken by my body.... But I see a Girl-friend can be a pain in the ass some time but if she knows u and she is the one who cares for u she could be the one I guess... Hope I find her soon... Well even if I don't fine HER I hope I find some other girl to be in a relation ship for a while....

andrewT
03-11-11, 5:23 pm
lol funny to see this thread pop up cuzz i just ended another 2 month relationship. She said my lifestyle was boring but i was not rly into going dancing all the time with her. God i fuckin hate dancing and the few on here that have met me would not believe i have done it, but sometimes u gotta do waht u gotta do to fulfill needs. It was a clean mutual decision, however.

alls well that ends well man

andrewT
03-11-11, 5:26 pm
A-men to that..... I am also single never got in a relationship in my whole life.... but I want to be in it sooo bad, but on the other hand gym is also what I love.... Sometimes If I think I see that all the 24 hours of my day is taken by my body.... But I see a Girl-friend can be a pain in the ass some time but if she knows u and she is the one who cares for u she could be the one I guess... Hope I find her soon... Well even if I don't fine HER I hope I find some other girl to be in a relation ship for a while....

theres more to life than the gym man. It shouldn't take up all your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MaH8PTsXxg&feature=feedu

Evan puts it perfectly

B3/502
03-12-11, 12:38 pm
im on the quest....but i also explain before i even start dating that i am first and foremost a powerlifter/bodybuilder....and that it takes up a lot of my time, and if they had a problem with it, to walk away now so i dont waste my time.

that could be, of course, why i am single. lol.
This is from the second post written in 2007. He is now married to a wonderful woman and he has a hardcore home gym and workout schedule but I am sure most of you know ghost.

This old post of his should give us all hope!

D-Bomb
03-12-11, 9:38 pm
last ten months have been a complete turn around for me, all because of an amazing woman in my life. Gym had become all i thought about or cared for. she thankfully has no problem with my gym and tries to do it as well even though we at different gym companies and supports me a lot of the time. Yeah every now an again she wants me to have dessert with her or have a drink but otherwise she is accepting of me even if i got to the level of an pro. I just laid that out there to see what she would say lol! She is quickly becoming my soul mate and is addicted to me, never had that feeling before with other woman...

i think moderation is key guys, communication and understanding is the right way to go about seeing eye to eye.

yeah its great to be an Iron Warrior but there IS MORE to life than the iron...the iron ain't gonna marry you, it aint gonna pick you up when your down...the iron lifestyle is all about you..YOU have to go pick up the weights..they always there...The ladies?...they Are Human...they not going to stay if your obsessed.

Sprint
03-13-11, 5:35 pm
Find the right balance, but at the same time, stand your ground.

FitPrincess122
03-15-11, 9:52 am
Now I'm not sure if a female has or is allowed to comment but what the hell... =)

I think this thread is great. It show that you guys actually do have and express the same thoughts and feelings as we females do. Its nice to see a softer, more emotional side, instead of the "tough guy" persona that a lot of men display.

D-Bomb says it best that the IS MORE to life iron and that iron ain't gonna marry you... or pick you up when you're down. And that balance and communication is key.

BamBam
03-15-11, 10:32 am
Now I'm not sure if a female has or is allowed to comment but what the hell... =)

I think this thread is great. It show that you guys actually do have and express the same thoughts and feelings as we females do. Its nice to see a softer, more emotional side, instead of the "tough guy" persona that a lot of men display.

D-Bomb says it best that the IS MORE to life iron and that iron ain't gonna marry you... or pick you up when you're down. And that balance and communication is key.

Very nice miss K :)

charlievanriper
03-15-11, 11:13 am
Ahhh Huh!

Sorry thats just the Iron headed Meathead talking lol

Big D
03-15-11, 11:17 am
i think everyone takes things a little too serious... and if you know me you know im goign to be one to tell it like it is and probably be a dick about it too... BUT..

girls and the iron 100%go hand in hand.

if a girl is giving you shit because you spend too much time in the gym she is a idiot. for the most part girls like big dudes. im not sure whats wrong with girls who like little guys in skinny jeans... but they are the minority. for the most part girls want guys who are big and strong and who can take care of them. if a girl has an issue with you bustin your ass in the gym tryin to get big and strong TO BE ABLE to protect them.. they shes not worth the time of day or that box of condoms... and there is another chick.. who is SO down for you to be big and strong and bust your balls in the gym... that she encourages it.

find that chick.

the end.

if your chick is giving you shit for your lifestyle, throw that bitch to the curb and find one who will not only encourage it, but deadlift more then your current gf.

hahahahhaa YES.

the end.

FitPrincess122
03-15-11, 11:20 am
Very nice miss K :)

=) !

I myself recently split after a 4+ year relationship (for many reasons) but one major being the lifestyle I live compared to that of his... It's awesome to hear the "man's perspective'.

charlievanriper... i bet your a real softee inside... aren't ya?? lol

charlievanriper
03-15-11, 11:29 am
=) !

I myself recently split after a 4+ year relationship (for many reasons) but one major being the lifestyle I live compared to that of his... It's awesome to hear the "man's perspective'.

charlievanriper... i bet your a real softee inside... aren't ya?? lol

Ya I've be been around here to long just cant fool nobody no more lol.

FitPrincess122
03-15-11, 12:41 pm
Ya I've be been around here to long just cant fool nobody no more lol.

Lol. =)

andrewT
03-15-11, 5:19 pm
i think everyone takes things a little too serious... and if you know me you know im goign to be one to tell it like it is and probably be a dick about it too... BUT..

if a girl is giving you shit because you spend too much time in the gym she is a idiot. for the most part girls like big dudes. im not sure whats wrong with girls who like little guys in skinny jeans... but they are the minority. for the most part girls want guys who are big and strong and who can take care of them. if a girl has an issue with you bustin your ass in the gym tryin to get big and strong TO BE ABLE to protect them.. they shes not worth the time of day or that box of condoms... and there is another chick.. who is SO down for you to be big and strong and bust your balls in the gym... that she encourages it.

find that chick.

the end.

if your chick is giving you shit for your lifestyle, throw that bitch to the curb and find one who will not only encourage it, but deadlift more then your current gf.

hahahahhaa YES.

the end.

I'd have to disagree on the part about most women liking big strong men.
I think it all depends on where you live and what the norm is around there.
Women/girls around here are more into the skinny guys, very few like a big/strong man. They seem to be conditioned to think its "gross", and I think it makes some of them feel above their partner if he is nice and tiny and she has more meat on her than him.

Some chick told me we couldn't date anymore because I was too "big" lol. When I see some of these guys I feel like firing a couple hundred cheeseburgers and a barbell at them haha

Whatever, be a MAN, do what you do, live life for yourself. The right chick will find her way to you.
Don't be a little boy

FitPrincess122
03-15-11, 5:46 pm

find that chick.

the end.

hahahahhaa YES.

the end.

The is a time and place for serious and agreed... iron and girls/guys go hand in hand....

i couldnt' agree more if a girl or guy (in my case) doesn't support what you do, how you live, or who you are... done. It's doomed from go. Everyone has to find that special one that "just gets it". I think when you do... we'll know... Hell i'm hopin anyway! =)

Mr. Dead
03-15-11, 6:20 pm
The is a time and place for serious and agreed... iron and girls/guys go hand in hand....

i couldnt' agree more if a girl or guy (in my case) doesn't support what you do, how you live, or who you are... done. It's doomed from go. Everyone has to find that special one that "just gets it". I think when you do... we'll know... Hell i'm hopin anyway! =)

Thankfully, I married one that "gets it"... And, my gym and lifestyle habits have been rubbing off on her, as well... (And, she has had the dubious task of helping me get ready for shows... Shaving... Pro Tan... etc...)

Sprint
03-15-11, 8:58 pm

find that chick.

the end.

hahahahhaa YES.

the end.

100%

Imjorman
05-31-11, 12:38 pm
Got hit on in the gym today, yeah me, I was super pumped on the inside, but I said, "I'm sorry ma'am I gotta get back to training"

This picture accurately represents how I felt:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/imjorman040991/smug.jpg

LOLOL

Found it funny, so I'm sharing....anyone else have stories like this?

Madcat
05-31-11, 2:24 pm
Met my GF at the gym. She runs, I lift. We stopped working out together once I left the gym we met at to get some more reliable lifting partners. Sounds like she might join the athletic club I joined locally but only use on weekends, so I'd still get my good gym sessions in through the week.

And no it was not during a lifting session, post workout, was walking out and asked her to dinner. Said yes, been together close to 2 years now.

She can run circles around my fat ass but hates to lift. Im fine with that, she stays real lean and nice ;)

Nix0r
05-31-11, 2:36 pm
When I have to train at the school, there's this little center pillar where I usually keep my log book/water bottle/etc. One time, some female wrote in my log "Call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bedrock :)"

I laughed. Hard.

Jay
05-31-11, 3:34 pm
Sad to say, I have neverrrr experienced any of this at the gym.

Tho.... I did have a lady, who was a friend of mine in middle school mom, ask if i would ever date someone older then me.

Mr. Dead
05-31-11, 3:57 pm
With my ugly mug... I'll never have to worry about this... *LOL*

ghost
05-31-11, 4:00 pm
you called her ma'am.? jesus.... was she 50? if she is your age, it's Ms. not ma'am. haha.

Imjorman
05-31-11, 10:22 pm
you called her ma'am.? jesus.... was she 50? if she is your age, it's Ms. not ma'am. haha.

lolol Yeah she was a milf, so ma'am was about right.

GUNS
06-01-11, 2:40 am
I was at the gym with my 18 yo daughter, both of us working out kind of in the same area, when 2 chicks walked up and tried to pick me up. I introduced them to the daughter, and they left.

Me and my son were working out on a different occasion and 2, had to be 18 year olds, came up and asked if we both had girlfriends. Same thing, told them this was my son, and they took off.

Wife gets a kick out of these stories, but it happens alot.

Big Wides
06-02-11, 6:08 am
hmmmm......from these stories it sounds like I've gotta train at your gyms.

I've never had this happen, which is probably a good thing considering were I train

GUNS
06-02-11, 8:01 am
Well, I will never train at that gym again. It is the dreaded planet fitness. Which I have so nick named "E Harmony Gym" Seems like everyone there is trying to pick someone up. More of a social gathering gym. Fucking sucks!

Bruiser
06-02-11, 8:09 am
It is the dreaded planet fitness. Which I have so nick named "E Harmony Gym"

That's the funniest f***ing thing I have ever heard! I love it Guns. You're pretty sharp for your old age. lol

MRmichael.hooker
06-02-11, 8:16 am
That's the funniest f***ing thing I have ever heard! I love it Guns. You're pretty sharp for your old age. lol

U leave grandpa-guns alone. He'll take his ginkgo-biloba and remember how to kick your ass

mritter3
06-02-11, 8:24 am
Well, I will never train at that gym again. It is the dreaded planet fitness. Which I have so nick named "E Harmony Gym" Seems like everyone there is trying to pick someone up. More of a social gathering gym. Fucking sucks!

This made me laugh so hard man....that is how Urban Active is....i keep my hat down low and my headphones blaring, dont get me wrong i got my peeps there that i converse with between sets but its the same way there E harmony for sure....everyone is trying to get with everyone else....too funny.

GUNS
06-02-11, 8:31 am
Always gotta bring the old guy thing in on it. LMAO!

I will say the girls I have been hit on by, do have some serious talent though. And so does PF. But I prefer function over fasion for sure. Would rather workout in an old rusty gym, then ever stepping foot back in PF. Bad thing is, it is good place for the wife. So unfortunately, I may end up back in there. I am gonna try to find a new place for her.

GUNS
06-02-11, 8:32 am
U leave grandpa-guns alone. He'll take his ginkgo-biloba and remember how to kick your ass

No no young buck, Rage is the new focus formula. Damn kids!

Appollonian
06-02-11, 9:10 am
I laughed at this thread... it's always the 50+ crowd that look the most at others at my gym. I think they are really just curious about people around them, especially people actually moving semi-serious weight.

It has been awhile since I've been hit on at the gym, but with my headphones blaring and the fact that I don't look at anyone in the gym except to ask if they wouldn't mind moving their water bottle from a bench they were never using or to talk to my wife I don't really leave a lot of room for conversation... Back in college it was different, but my wife went to a different school.

The most memorable incident I had was one in which my workout shorts were too big (very old and worn out shorts) and I was sitting on a cardio bike semi exposed (totally on accident) and I caught someone looking at 'me'. I laughed nervously and adjusted my shorts, and she looked away... that was the last time I wore those shorts.

GUNS
06-02-11, 9:15 am
In my Ace Ventura voice, " Your balls are showing"

Appollonian
06-02-11, 10:20 am
HAHA, that and worse, but she didn't have the courtesy to tell me...

rev8ball
06-02-11, 10:39 am
At a gym that I used to work out at a few years ago, I had just finished a stupidly heavy set of squats; I'm sitting on a bench, red-faced and trying not to puke, sucking air. This awesome looking red head in a short skirt and high heels (I kid you not) walks over to me. I had NO idea where she came from! She hands me a business card; I take out my ear plugs and she says, "I am a model talent agent, and I think I have some really great opportunities for you. You have the exact look we're looking for." I looked up at her, then down at my completley sweat soaked shirt, and with a bit of "you're a retard" sound in my voice, I said "Really? I mean, Seriously?" She didn't take the hint, and said "Please call me." I put in my ear plugs and put my head down, and she finally walked away.

I should've called her. Maybe I could've got a free dinner out of it..........

ghost
06-02-11, 10:40 am
the only person that hits on me while i train is Rev8ball. hahaha.

rev8ball
06-02-11, 10:45 am
the only person that hits on me while i train is Rev8ball. hahaha.

And it's with a hammer. THAT's why it so damn effective!

ghost
06-02-11, 10:46 am
And it's with a hammer. THAT's why it so damn effective!

HAHAHAH. hell yeah man.

rev8ball
06-02-11, 10:55 am
HAHAHAH. hell yeah man.

If you think last time was bad, wait 'til you get out here again and see my new place.......

Aggression
06-02-11, 11:16 am
I know we're all 'hardcore bodybuilders' here and we all want to train our balls off each day, never missing a meal. But when a smoking hot, fit chick hits on me during my workout, I'm giving her my full attention for as long as she wants. Fuck the iron, it'll be there when I'm finished mackin'.

Big D
06-02-11, 6:49 pm
I know we're all 'hardcore bodybuilders' here and we all want to train our balls off each day, never missing a meal. But when a smoking hot, fit chick hits on me during my workout, I'm giving her my full attention for as long as she wants. Fuck the iron, it'll be there when I'm finished mackin'.

agreed

TigerAce01
06-02-11, 10:19 pm
I have the most incredible and supportive woman to call my wife. Although, she is much older than me, being 32, and I believe that a lot of her maturity stems from her life experience. She supports me not for herself, but for me. She understands that owning and operating my own gym is my life goal, even though it has no part in her life. I also do the same for her...anything that she does, I back her 100%, even if I disagree....except for when she squishes the loaf of bread when squeezing the air out haha

If your significant other does not support you fully...drop them like a bad habit.

-Ace

NJC_Manhattan
06-02-11, 10:48 pm
If I wanna be social, I'll go to a bar.

Girls in NYC don't utilize the weight room. Its all about spin classes, pilates, and the spa.

G Diesel
06-03-11, 9:06 am
This thread is hilarious... Either some of you have no need for the warm caress of a woman who can't understand that you're married to the iron OR you're a stone pimp who'll shoot game at the many gym vixens climbing all over you, even in the midst of one of your sets of 600 lb squats.

Is this real life?

Peace, G

ghost
06-03-11, 9:12 am
This thread is hilarious... Either some of you have no need for the warm caress of a woman who can't understand that you're married to the iron OR you're a stone pimp who'll shoot game at the many gym vixens climbing all over you, even in the midst of one of your sets of 600 lb squats.

Is this real life?

Peace, G

I think the only question that can best answer yours is another question....

What is real life?

Universal Rep
06-03-11, 9:15 am

Is this real life?

Peace, G

Sounds like the Jersey Shore...

G Diesel
06-03-11, 9:18 am

What is real life?

That is a serious existential response to my wise ass, sarcastic query.

Sounds like the Jersey Shore...

The place or the show?

Peace, G

Razor
06-03-11, 9:19 am

What is real life?

best response. Definitely the real question when it all comes down to it.

ghost
06-03-11, 9:22 am
That is a serious existential response to my wise ass, sarcastic query.
Peace, G
I try. :)

best response. Definitely the real question when it all comes down to it.
All too often, I see these "reality" shows. All of them are bullshit. The only one that ever comes close is when the cameras are off, and non-existant. It is happening in homes all across the world, even now as we speak.

Universal Rep
06-03-11, 9:25 am
The place or the show?

Peace, G

Yes...

Universal Rep
06-03-11, 9:28 am
I try. :)

All too often, I see these "reality" shows. All of them are bullshit. The only one that ever comes close is when the cameras are off, and non-existant. It is happening in homes all across the world, even now as we speak.

And life ain't? Life is just one large reality show... But instead of cameras, ya got the people around ya makin' drama, watchin' u, etc. Are we ever truly ourselves or are we always acting and re-acting to those around us? As the Bard says, "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"...

ghost
06-03-11, 9:30 am
And life ain't? Life is just one large reality show... But instead of cameras, ya got the people around ya makin' drama, watchin' u, etc. Are we ever truly ourselves or are we always acting and re-acting to those around us? As the Bard says, "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"...

dont hate the player, hate the game.

While the world is our stage, and people are always acting or putting on an act, how can you tell who is really being themselves and who is acting. or is your best bet to assume that everyone is always acting, even yourself?hmm.

Universal Rep
06-03-11, 9:33 am
dont hate the player, hate the game.

While the world is our stage, and people are always acting or putting on an act, how can you tell who is really being themselves and who is acting. or is your best bet to assume that everyone is always acting, even yourself?hmm.

That's my point... So how is reality TV different from real life if one can never know when someone is acting or not? Whether it's acting for the camera or acting for those people around ya? Whether it's tryin' to impress an audience or tryin' to impress some girl sittin' in front of ya?

ghost
06-03-11, 9:34 am
That's my point... So how is reality TV different from real life if one can never know when someone is acting or not? Whether it's acting for the camera or acting for those people around ya?

best actors in the world........politicians. :)

Universal Rep
06-03-11, 9:39 am
best actors in the world........politicians. :)

Are we any different? We hold them to higher standards, but that's the first mistake IMHO. They are people, just like you and me. They put their pants on one leg at a time.. If caught with our pants down, would we behave any differently and try not to save our own skins? We all try to save face, don't we? If we had power and influence, would we wanna give it up so easily? They are just like us. We are just like them... Frightening.

ghost
06-03-11, 9:40 am
Are we any different? We hold them to higher standards, but that's the first mistake IMHO. They are people, just like you and me. They put their pants on one leg at a time.. If caught with our pants down, would we behave any differently and try not to save our own skins? We all try to save face, don't we? If we had power and influence, would we wanna give it up so easily? They are just like us. We are just like them... Frightening.

this is very true.

BigChrisF
06-03-11, 8:45 pm

I hold my pants out in front of me and jump in.

NJC_Manhattan
06-03-11, 9:22 pm
Hot girls are hot. 2 hours of cardio is the new killing it for said hotties

-- Guy who thought he could contribute

D-Bomb
06-03-11, 10:21 pm
Lol Im a planet fitness boy not entirely by choice but i wont lie that they have nearly everything i want and i get my shit done week in week out, but it always makes me laugh when a dude has got his hair all sprayed and coloured and he is prancing around the newly acquired woman he has met and getting absolutely no workout in between the two of them, whats the point in that? honestly an hour away from your significant other will not kill you, i believe it actually helps, i go do my gym, i get rid of all my stress, come back to my sexy lady and life goes on smoothly.
if you and your lady/man are both into it seriously even if the one all weights an the other all cardio then thats great too...i just dont get it when people Dont Train..it freaks me the fuck out..

zubda345
06-04-11, 1:05 am
As the Title of this threat is Iron Life and Girls. I would like to ask, with what u got in a rlationship 1st? Girl or Iron life?
As for me I have never been in a relationship with a girl. What about u ppl?

GUNS
06-04-11, 3:44 am
Uhhhh! Really!

zubda345
06-04-11, 3:53 am
Uhhhh! Really!

Yeah, it suckssss!

NJC_Manhattan
06-04-11, 12:47 pm
Uhhhh! Really!

x2

I don't wanna sounds holier than thou or like an ass, but I think you may want to get on that....

GUNS
06-04-11, 1:43 pm
Shit, I was already married at 18, I knew where my priorities were. The iron is right up there, but the wife comes first. She knows my love for the iron and eating, so it is no issue.

Big C
06-04-11, 1:47 pm
Shit, I was already married at 18, I knew where my priorities were. The iron is right up there, but the wife comes first. She knows my love for the iron and eating, so it is no issue.

Good shit man. The iron and eating are top prioritie for me now, when I get married...that changes. Family first.

zubda345
06-05-11, 6:40 am
x2

I don't wanna sounds holier than thou or like an ass, but I think you may want to get on that....

Yeah I am damn sure I wanna get on that.... I don't have my eye out for anyone it's just I don't have a link to anyone right now and it's hard to just show up with anyone on the way lol. but I have my eye on it I hope I'll find someone soon enough.

Good shit man. The iron and eating are top prioritie for me now, when I get married...that changes. Family first.

yeah man Always family first.

Bruiser
06-05-11, 8:43 am

Damn right GUNS. My wife and kids come first in life and always will. And for the Iron... sure I do it for me, but I look at it as a way to make sure that I'm bigger, healthier and stronger than the next guy... so I can be here for my family and keep them safe for as long as I possibly can. My wife and oldest son have commented on how much safer they feel since I started lifting again. That says it all.

naturalguy
06-05-11, 8:45 am
In the words of the late, great Micky Goldmill "Womenz weakens legs"

zubda345
06-05-11, 10:28 am
Damn right GUNS. My wife and kids come first in life and always will. And for the Iron... sure I do it for me, but I look at it as a way to make sure that I'm bigger, healthier and stronger than the next guy... so I can be here for my family and keep them safe for as long as I possibly can. My wife and oldest son have commented on how much safer they feel since I started lifting again. That says it all.

That is awesome!

In the words of the late, great Micky Goldmill "Womenz weakens legs"

Well, I know that after ejection I feel a sort of "weakness" in my knees but that is nothing serious to me, have an egg, glass of milk or some rest and I am fine. so that ain't permanent and I know excess of it can cause it to be serious but how can anyone be a fool enough to do it in excess and weaken his legs??
and Was he also directing it in this manner when he said "Womenz weakens legs"

GUNS
06-05-11, 11:28 am

That and all my guns(firearms) around my house. Not a good deal for whoever breaks in my place!

Toonstar
06-16-11, 3:14 pm
I lost the last friend ill ever have, a while ago. He left with my girl and they never looked back. Between the two of em, they tried to take me 4 everything I had. He took 25 years of friendship and memories, while she snatched all my worldly goods but that was after leaving some cheap ass note on the kitchen table, saying thanks but no thanks.

As they skipped off into the sunset, they did however, leave me with one parting gift... my freedom. That day was the making of me, the birth of my true self. That day, I swore to everything holy that from then on, I would always listen to my inner voice and try and search out my divine purpose on this plan. I'm still searching...

SEE YOU ON THE SUMMIT BROTHERS. IF NOT, THEN ILL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

bigdog
06-18-11, 1:11 pm
aint that some shit! i dont know why people do this shit to others. just went through this twice in my family. my mother in law left with the damn gardner, and my sister left my brother in law for his first cousin! all those years wasted just to leave and not give a shit. im glad you have found a positive outlook though. good luck...

Toonstar
06-18-11, 3:14 pm
aint that some shit! i dont know why people do this shit to others. just went through this twice in my family. my mother in law left with the damn gardner, and my sister left my brother in law for his first cousin! all those years wasted just to leave and not give a shit. im glad you have found a positive outlook though. good luck...

Was just reading an article, by G diesel. It was about hard times. How some people when they hit rock bottom, splatter while others bounce. He ain't wrong, its all about finding out which one you are. Peace

B.D.Smash
05-03-12, 11:30 pm
Brothers...this week has been a royally shit week. My birthday was saturday. Had a great party with girlfriend and friends. Almost everyone I invited came which was really nice because I live out in the middle of nowhere and the weather in Brisbane last Saturday was shit to say the least.

Come monday though...the vibe from my girlfriend was really different. I kept asking what was wrong and if I could do anything. She just everything was fine. So come wednesday night...we're laying in bed and i asked her if she was okay and what was wrong. She said again that everything was fine. I replied that clearly everything was not fine. I asked if this was obviously something wrong with us and our relationship. She said yes and that something had been wrong for a long time. My girlfriend is not a talker. In all honesty she talks to other people a lot more than she talks to me it feels. I could be wrong about that. Its just a feeling, but I could be wrong. Anyway...turns out that she doesn't like the fact that i spend time with my friends. part of her not being much of a talker is that she is not much of a goer-outerer either. I can understand that. She has mentioned this before so i curbed my going out to maybe once a month. and when i did...i always made a point of asking her to come...not to fulfill some sort of obligation...but because i genuinely wanted her to be there.

its to be expected that your partner isn't going to like all of your friends...thats just given. i don't like some of her friends. The thing is though...i didn't know her problem with me going out was so bad and had developed into animosity. Like most people I'm not a mind reader, and while i knew that going out wasn't her cup of tea, sitting at home every friday for the rest of my life doing nothing is just as unappealing to me. I feel like over the past three months or so a lot of the effort in the relationship has been from my end. I decided that i want to compete again this year so no going out at all. Only have a glass of red wine or two on friday or saturday night (i did go out last wednesday though cause it was a holiday here) and generally being the kind of boyfriend that you only read about that makes all other boyfriends look like royal dog shit. I'm big noting myself here, but even my female friends openly express that they would kill for a boyfriend like me because of the way they see me treat my girlfriend. I should say...my body isn't bad but i have a face like stomped in dog shit. I do try very hard to keep my girlfriend happy. I don't lavish gifts on her unless its like her birthday or other special occasion. Sometimes i'll buy her a little something...or maybe flowers, and i'll admit i'm not great with housework but i always do what i can see around the house (washing, ironing, vacuuming, cooking, cleaning) and then ask if there is anything else i've missed, before i sit down or do something else. I'll admit it...i don't see everything but i know that i don't see everything so i ask as my mum taught me.

That being said...I can't change that on wednesday night she said...and her exact words..."i still love and care for you, but I'm not in love with you anymore".

To say I was crushed was an understatement. I do know our relationship wasn't great and we were having issues but I felt like such a failure when she said this to me. She admitted that half the problem was her not letting me know things weren't making her happy, but at the same time I should have pulled my head in and opened my fucking eyes. I really feel down now. I love this girl to no end and she's the one that I want to spend my life with but i don't know where to go from here. I haven't been eating right...only trained three times this week.

About a month ago she got a sweet job in Perth (the other side of Australia) and its too good to pass up. On wednesday night she said that she was going to use the trip over there before i can come over as "a break" from us so she can figure out what she wants.

Sadly the way i read it, is a break up and she's just not sure how to say it to me. We are still living together. We still go to bed together. We still tell each other we love each other, but the change is palpable. I just don't know what to do and looking for a little guidance and help if any of you have dealt with anything like this before.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.

DAVE88
05-04-12, 12:07 am
I say it's time to move on man. Fuck that "break" shit. Don't put up with that.

deanna7272
05-04-12, 12:46 am
Been there... I didn't say what was bothering me (for fear he would think he wasn't good enough) and it lead to the feelings of animosity toward him. I "expected" him to know what was bothering me, and when he couldn't figure it out, it angered me. I know this was my fault, I didn't express my opinions/wants/needs etc. I have since learned.

Hopefully she hasn't made that final commitment to leave, for good. Be careful not to "push" the issue though, she has to have time to work through the mess going on in her head and heart (along with yours). I may not have the best advice, I don't want to sound negative, but I hope it hasn't festered too long, because she will turn off everything you say from the get go, no matter how sincere you are.

Keep your head up, try keeping your eating and training schedule as normal as possible because you HAVE TO look out for yourself. We are mysterious creatures, don't try to figure us out, because we have NO IDEa what's going on within us in for first place...lol

Keeping you in thoughts and sending positive vibes your way. I hope hings smooth over soon and you can get back to another sense of "normal"....

B.D.Smash
05-04-12, 1:34 am
Been there... I didn't say what was bothering me (for fear he would think he wasn't good enough) and it lead to the feelings of animosity toward him. I "expected" him to know what was bothering me, and when he couldn't figure it out, it angered me. I know this was my fault, I didn't express my opinions/wants/needs etc. I have since learned.

Hopefully she hasn't made that final commitment to leave, for good. Be careful not to "push" the issue though, she has to have time to work through the mess going on in her head and heart (along with yours). I may not have the best advice, I don't want to sound negative, but I hope it hasn't festered too long, because she will turn off everything you say from the get go, no matter how sincere you are.

Keep your head up, try keeping your eating and training schedule as normal as possible because you HAVE TO look out for yourself. We are mysterious creatures, don't try to figure us out, because we have NO IDEa what's going on within us in for first place...lol

Keeping you in thoughts and sending positive vibes your way. I hope hings smooth over soon and you can get back to another sense of "normal"....

Thanks deanna7272...I'm trying to keep my distance. Its very hard as you can imagine and i don't push...at least I hope I'm not.

Thanks for your advice. and the thoughts. Its means a lot.

B.D.Smash
05-04-12, 1:47 am
I say it's time to move on man. Fuck that "break" shit. Don't put up with that.

That's playing on my mind a lot, but i don't want to quit on this just yet.

Aggression
05-04-12, 8:43 am
Felt. I've heard the 'its not the same anymore', statement. It hurts. I don't have much advice, b/c the final outcome of my story hasn't been written yet. Don't overwhelm her. Give her some space while being there for her, if that makes sense. More pressure = more distance. No matter what the outcome, I wish you the best. I hope it all works out.

Aggression
05-04-12, 8:45 am
That's playing on my mind a lot, but i don't want to quit on this just yet.

You'll always have that friend to say 'fuck it, let's party'. He's just trying to be a good brah and look out for you. Be honest with everyone; friends, family, etc. Tell 'em how you truly feel so that they can get a firm grasp on the situation. At that point, they'll be able to support you appropriately.

B.D.Smash
05-06-12, 6:22 pm
Thanks everyone for your advice. I've done a lot of thinking over the weekend. I've kept my distance but still sort of close enough to talk more. Things seem happier if that makes sense. I guess i'll keep going along this line and trying to find what i can do to help the situation but at the same time...and this sounds right in my head...I'll look after myself as well first.

While i really want things to work with my girlfriend, I've been shafted by a girl before and i'm going to protect myself more than anything.

deanna7272
05-06-12, 7:03 pm
Thanks everyone for your advice. I've done a lot of thinking over the weekend. I've kept my distance but still sort of close enough to talk more. Things seem happier if that makes sense. I guess i'll keep going along this line and trying to find what i can do to help the situation but at the same time...and this sounds right in my head...I'll look after myself as well first.

While i really want things to work with my girlfriend, I've been shafted by a girl before and i'm going to protect myself more than anything.

Good to hear, as sad as it sounds, I'm sure she's doing the same... Hopefully a little space will do you all well, stay positive dear...

BigChrisF
05-06-12, 7:46 pm
I've been in a similar situation. You should consider the possibility that she has a crush on someone else (probably in Perth with the new job) and she doesn't know what to do about it. People like the use the "break" as some sort of legal mumbo jumbo to fuck around with someone else and not be "cheating". Shit like that makes me want to go outside and punch a squirrel.

DAVE88
05-06-12, 7:49 pm
Yea I don't like that "let's take a break" or "let's give each other space" kind of bullshit.

TigerAce01
05-06-12, 8:43 pm
Honestly, just leave her completely alone. Go out with your friends, do you...it will go a long way and show her you don't need her and you aren't co dependent. Chicks dig a dude that makes them chase.

-Ace

Beowulf
05-07-12, 4:19 pm
Sadly the way i read it, is a break up and she's just not sure how to say it to me.

I think this is the way anyone would read it. Now what?

Aggression
05-07-12, 4:32 pm

I've closed up on a few relationships b/c of the fact that I was burnt in a previous one. Its a tough situation. Once you're hurt, you're in the mindset of always protecting yourself. Sometimes that drives the girl away. Hope it all works out for you, bro.

B.D.Smash
05-07-12, 9:14 pm
Honestly, just leave her completely alone. Go out with your friends, do you...it will go a long way and show her you don't need her and you aren't co dependent. Chicks dig a dude that makes them chase.

-Ace

Yeah...I'm definitely not the clingy type. I think part of the problem was that she didn't like that I have friends and like to spend time with them. Not as much as her of course, but I think that's how she may see it sometimes. I've made the conscious effort that if something comes up that I really want to go to, I will, but that I should be at home more with her. Things seem a little better now. She will come to me for a hug or kiss. She's never been a strongly intimate person so i'm guessing it will be a while before we anything happens between the sheets. I'm okay with that. Usually by the end of the day we're both pretty wrecked from work and training (she does crossfit two days a week, netball two other days a week and swims every morning, plus a full time job), but intimacy is something we'll talk more about if this resolves positively. Any girls out there...if you can advise of gentle way to broach this subject i'd be willing to listen.

I don't think its because she's cheating on me or looking to cheat on me that she talked about a break. Not that she's not capable. Everyone is capable of that sort of thing, but I think she'd be more up front if she was doing that.

TigerAce01
05-07-12, 9:21 pm
My woman likes when I act like a man.

Take your woman, throw her over the desk and get to work.

But then again, she likes candles and smelly shit.

...I just think chicks are weird and can't be explained.

-Ace

B.D.Smash
05-07-12, 9:48 pm
My woman likes when I act like a man.

Take your woman, throw her over the desk and get to work.

But then again, she likes candles and smelly shit.

...I just think chicks are weird and can't be explained.

-Ace

Everyone pay attention.

Ace is 1,000,000% correct. I gave up trying to figure out women in my 20's....I firmly believe i waited too long.

Mine is weirdest of all i think. She gets angry at me when I'd buy her flowers or give her jewellry for her birthday, and when i suggest a night out for dinner and a movie or something she doesn't really wanna? Not sure what that means.

DAVE88
05-07-12, 10:19 pm
Damn dude, she just seems really pissy all the time. Do yourself a favor and push her to the side. You don't need a girl with a shitty attitude.

msktyshha
05-17-12, 3:14 am
In love with a girl I am so into her always think about her and wait for her texts and calls, we have such an amazing time together like totally amazing. I asked her out but she said we should just be good friends even though you are an amazing guy. After her response I am really hurt and can't sleep at night. Its 3:13 am and I am still up and dont know what to do anymore :-(

Saeger
05-17-12, 8:14 am
In love with a girl I am so into her always think about her and wait for her texts and calls, we have such an amazing time together like totally amazing. I asked her out but she said we should just be good friends even though you are an amazing guy. After her response I am really hurt and can't sleep at night. Its 3:13 am and I am still up and dont know what to do anymore :-(

Stay strong brother, I know it may hurt to here this but she may not be for you. If she is for you than she will realize it and come to you eventually. But if she doesn't, she doesn't deserve you bro. Believe me I have wasted allot of time on a woman that I thought could love me back, she acted like she could for a while but in the end she put an ax straight into my heart. Be patient and try to understand that this may be for the best at this time.

Ryan C
05-17-12, 12:35 pm
I lost the last friend ill ever have, a while ago. He left with my girl and they never looked back. Between the two of em, they tried to take me 4 everything I had. He took 25 years of friendship and memories, while she snatched all my worldly goods but that was after leaving some cheap ass note on the kitchen table, saying thanks but no thanks.

As they skipped off into the sunset, they did however, leave me with one parting gift... my freedom. That day was the making of me, the birth of my true self. That day, I swore to everything holy that from then on, I would always listen to my inner voice and try and search out my divine purpose on this plan. I'm still searching...

SEE YOU ON THE SUMMIT BROTHERS. IF NOT, THEN ILL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

You will be the one laughing when you next see them as a 250 lb monster ;) keep strong bro!

Ryan C
05-17-12, 1:41 pm
As an 18 year old living in the UK where the youth culture see it as odd if you don't end up in a gutter or in an ambulance after a friday or saturday night out girls (and lads lol) my age think it's really weird that I go gym on a regular basis to achieve my goal (to be a competitive bodybuilder)...
Its like if you have a passion for something not party or fashion related then your weird :/
I have also never personally known a girl or woman that is interested in lifting or even staying fit...

fawaz
05-17-12, 3:33 pm
As an 18 year old living in the UK where the youth culture see it as odd if you don't end up in a gutter or in an ambulance after a friday or saturday night out girls (and lads lol) my age think it's really weird that I go gym on a regular basis to achieve my goal (to be a competitive bodybuilder)...
Its like if you have a passion for something not party or fashion related then your weird :/
I have also never personally known a girl or woman that is interested in lifting or even staying fit...

same here man, i live in london and im the only one in my school that is serious about bodybuilding, people ask how do you cope training 5 days a week, eating 6-7 meals a day , i tell them i do it because i love it and it comes from the heart. i found my passion and im more passionate about bodybuilding than ever before. i also am into competing in the future and many people around me are supportive and so they understand that in order to be a champion athlete you've got to cut out the partying and drinking every weekend so i dont realy get invited much to parties because they know my response (got a training session!)

kcburrows
05-17-12, 3:59 pm
Well I cant say it better than this. The following is a quote from Wrath's Journey week 6:

“I’ve torn through a dozen or so relationships... Bodybuilding is a lonely sport. Alone when I eat, when I train, and when I finally stand under the bright lights. It’s Friday night and I’m here with my girl but I’m alone. She’s pissed & won’t talk. Can’t say I blame her. Still, she knew it was coming...”

“Anytime I meet a good one, I always let her know what she’s getting--selfishness... A big fat heaping serving of it. Why waste her time or mine? I tell ‘em, but it never works. They don’t think it’ll be so bad putting up with all this. Maybe they think they can change me. Yeah, like that’ll happen...”

“Being in this great sport--being great in this sport-- requires selfishness... It’s demanded of you, just like sacrifice is. But that selfishness is not for personal profit or pleasure, but personal achievement. There’s something I need to accomplish and nothing’s gonna get between me and it... Nothing.

Aggression
05-17-12, 4:36 pm
Well I cant say it better than this. The following is a quote from Wrath's Journey week 6:

“I’ve torn through a dozen or so relationships... Bodybuilding is a lonely sport. Alone when I eat, when I train, and when I finally stand under the bright lights. It’s Friday night and I’m here with my girl but I’m alone. She’s pissed & won’t talk. Can’t say I blame her. Still, she knew it was coming...”

“Anytime I meet a good one, I always let her know what she’s getting--selfishness... A big fat heaping serving of it. Why waste her time or mine? I tell ‘em, but it never works. They don’t think it’ll be so bad putting up with all this. Maybe they think they can change me. Yeah, like that’ll happen...”

“Being in this great sport--being great in this sport-- requires selfishness... It’s demanded of you, just like sacrifice is. But that selfishness is not for personal profit or pleasure, but personal achievement. There’s something I need to accomplish and nothing’s gonna get between me and it... Nothing.

"And trust me. This girl is solid gold. If you ever find a girl who is willing to put up with all the shit we bodybuilders go through, you hang onto her"

msktyshha
05-17-12, 4:43 pm
Stay strong brother, I know it may hurt to here this but she may not be for you. If she is for you than she will realize it and come to you eventually. But if she doesn't, she doesn't deserve you bro. Believe me I have wasted allot of time on a woman that I thought could love me back, she acted like she could for a while but in the end she put an ax straight into my heart. Be patient and try to understand that this may be for the best at this time.

Thanx for hearing me out bro the reason y it hurts is cuz we had the mostt amazing time everrr, I never went to the beach at 2 am with a girl all alonee and none in sight and stared at the stars while she stared at me laying down together on the sand for long hours.... Even after all that she calls me a friend and nothing more....

Ryan C
05-17-12, 5:48 pm
same here man, i live in london and im the only one in my school that is serious about bodybuilding, people ask how do you cope training 5 days a week, eating 6-7 meals a day , i tell them i do it because i love it and it comes from the heart. i found my passion and im more passionate about bodybuilding than ever before. i also am into competing in the future and many people around me are supportive and so they understand that in order to be a champion athlete you've got to cut out the partying and drinking every weekend so i dont realy get invited much to parties because they know my response (got a training session!)

Haha yeah happens with me as well bro... what comp you planning on competing in?

fawaz
05-17-12, 6:20 pm
Haha yeah happens with me as well bro... what comp you planning on competing in?

the UKBFF london and south east championships, or NABBA in hayes. which ones you planning on competing in?

Ryan C
05-17-12, 7:03 pm
the UKBFF london and south east championships, or NABBA in hayes. which ones you planning on competing in?

Nice, im planning to compete in either the UKBFF east mids or the NABBA midlands championships both in 2013... maybe as both juniors we may meet each other in the British finals!

fawaz
05-18-12, 4:24 am
Nice, im planning to compete in either the UKBFF east mids or the NABBA midlands championships both in 2013... maybe as both juniors we may meet each other in the British finals!

yeah that would be cool. i am planning on competing in 2013 too. good luck on it.

Saeger
05-18-12, 7:35 am
Thanx for hearing me out bro the reason y it hurts is cuz we had the mostt amazing time everrr, I never went to the beach at 2 am with a girl all alonee and none in sight and stared at the stars while she stared at me laying down together on the sand for long hours.... Even after all that she calls me a friend and nothing more....

Well hopefully she see's things the way you do or at least understands the signals she is sending. Like I said be patient, if it is meant to happen it will, the hardest part will be that if it is not, you have to accept that as truth and move on.

kcburrows
05-18-12, 8:03 am
"And trust me. This girl is solid gold. If you ever find a girl who is willing to put up with all the shit we bodybuilders go through, you hang onto her"

Amen on that brother...i remember when my wife and i started dating and i was rushing out the door to get to the gym and be back in time to cook for the night and get a decent amount of sleep. when I got there i turned and she had wrote me a note in my workout book (as cheesy as it is, was still kinda cool and inspiring) and when i walked in the door she was just finishing up packing my food in to my containers for me...had a ring on her 2 months later... trust me fellas a good woman is hard to find but when you do hang on to her. And make sure she knows she's appreciated. they put up with a lot and they dont win a damn thing when we walk off the stage whether we finish first or last they do it for us!

World Eater
05-18-12, 12:36 pm
Haha, yeah, the looks on their faces when you tell 'em you don't go out on fridays coz you work out sat morning, when you tell 'em you don't want that beer, when they ask you why you eat so much...

Ryan C
05-18-12, 6:38 pm
yeah that would be cool. i am planning on competing in 2013 too. good luck on it.

Good luck to you also bro

Ryan C
05-18-12, 6:40 pm
Haha, yeah, the looks on their faces when you tell 'em you don't go out on fridays coz you work out sat morning, when you tell 'em you don't want that beer, when they ask you why you eat so much...

...Why you never go out any more and if so why you only drink water and return home before mid night... I amuse myself at how confused my friends get over my social life lol...

B.D.Smash
06-12-12, 3:35 am
So she left for Perth last weekend.

Its been a very long week in an empty house. We've spoken to each other everyday briefly...usually at night. For 30-45 mins each time. each night we've told each other we love each other, except for last night. I didn't want to have to be the one to say it first if that makes any sense. She didn't say it. So sent her a text saying "love you. Hope you have a good sleep honey" Got back. "hope you have a good sleep too. xxooxx"

I've been a bit sick this week. she said she was having a bad day yesterday and i wanted to talk with her about her day but she kinda blew it off like it wasn't important. I should have pushed though to see what was up and talk with her about it.

Everyone always says that absense makes the heart grow fonder. In this case its still the same. I love her the same way I did before last saturday.

I spent the weekend with some friends trying to keep busy. One of the girls at a party I was at had just split with her husband. We were comparing stories. She's been run through the ringer over this. Her husband has been running around telling everyone and sort of leaving her without a support network. I felt kinda bad because i know her husband but had never met her. But the thing is that i know both sides of the story from personal experience with my own break ups. I eventually told her i knew her husband. And had heard his side of the story before. I told her that i wasn't going to impart what he had said to me and that anything she had or continued to tell me would stay with me. at the end of the night i offered her a ride home as i was sober and she doesn't know how to drive (28 and no license...weird). It was about 3 in the morning when we got to her place and i was feeling pretty tired. She asked if i'd like a coffee and i said yes straight away.

Now...for all you men out there...if a good looking woman offers you coffee...She may just mean coffee...That wasn't the case in this instance and i guessed wrong. She was offering "coffee". I know why though. And i think if i'd have been a weaker person i would have succumbed to my urges. She wasn't offended, but she asked if i'd stay for a bit just to chat some more. I agreed but made sure I sat on a different couch from her. I had a coffee, we chatted till about 530am at which point i said i should go. When we said goodbye I gave her a hug. She returned it and didn't try for anything else.

Brothers and sisters. This was a damn good looking woman and a right fine catch from what everyone has said. But this needs to be said. If you're with someone...then you're with them. If you're single you can do what you like...i did when i was single. I miss my girl, but i don't know if she's missing me.

B.D.Smash
06-25-12, 1:25 am
Hi All,

Not sure if this is being followed but after much contemplation, I told my girlfriend that I wanted a full break after she started umming and ahhing about our relationship. I did it mainly because if she can't figure out whether she's committed to me, i'm not going to sit here 4000kms away and wait for her to figure out what she wants when I need to start worrying about me more. The stress of the situation has caused me to drop about 10kgs (22lbs) over the past 3-4 weeks and while its great to be a bit slimmer, that's not how i want to cut the fat.

We spoke on friday and she said that she's not sure what she wants. I just replied with a simple. I'm sure what i want, but at the moment, being in this relationship is causing me more detriment and then good and i'm hanging on to something that obviously only I want. So I've decided that I want a break. A full break where we both consider ourselves single, we can date other people if we want and that we come back to each other in about 3 months and see where we are. She agreed to this and we both laid out a bit of a list of things that:

a) we have to work on ourselves as individuals
b) things we want each to work on as individuals
c) things we have to work on together as a couple

I'm not holding out much hope of this working. I'm not happy that I had to do this but I think if I didn't do this I would really be miserable and would miss out on a lot of stuff that I would other not see.

For the moment I'm a bit sad about being lonely. I haven't really told too many people which is how i want to keep it. We've kept the Facebook status thing as still in a couple for the moment but that may change depending on how we feel. That shit doesn't really concern me too much but she asked if we maintain it for the moment so that we don't worry her family as she's pretty much by herself in Perth.

I know from reading above this comes as a bit of a turn around. I just felt that for me this was the right thing to do. A piece of me feels pretty empty right now. But at the same time a piece of me is relieved that I can just look after myself for the meantime.

deanna7272
06-25-12, 2:17 am
I'm glad to see that you have taken a step to put yourself (your health also) as a priority. You're going to feel "lonely" because it's such a change from the "couple" norm that you are accustomed to, but with her being so far away, you are bound to feel that anyway. I'm glad to hear that you're working together to try to work on yourselves (as singles and as a couple) though, that can only help matters.

This step is HUGE, but I can see a some kind of light at the end of the tunnel (or maybe I should reference the silver lining...lol) Whichever the outcome, at least a more informed decision can be made.

Keeping ya in thought and hoping for the best, whatever that may be...

BigChrisF
06-25-12, 2:21 am
For better or worse, you made a decision and followed through. I agree that it is unlikely that the two of you will get back together anytime soon.

B.D.Smash
06-25-12, 6:53 pm
Thanks BigChris and Deanna.

Its been a bit lonesome so far but I'm thinking about this and realising that i'm going to be lonely but i have to do this for myself. I trained this morning and usually tuesday morning is legs. Just from a training aspect i can see how much this has done to me. my numbers are about 75% what they were.

I'll keep the updates in here but thanks again for the positive reinforcement. It has been playing in my mind that i may have made the wrong decision but i had to do something. The more i sit and nut it out though, the more confident i am that for the meantime i've done the right thing.

Beowulf
06-26-12, 3:19 pm
She said yes and that something had been wrong for a long time.

"i still love and care for you, but I'm not in love with you anymore".

I think these two things pretty much sums everything up, B.D.

B.D.Smash
06-26-12, 8:28 pm
I think these two things pretty much sums everything up, B.D.

Yeah man. took a lot out of me to call it with her and put this break into place. I was laying there last night talking with a friend and telling her about what i'd done and she told me i'd made the right decision. If its meant to be then great, but if its not, i'll be better for it.

Ali
06-27-12, 12:18 am
The easy way is get used to living w/o a gf as along as you are in this game and all else will be fine.

NJC_Manhattan
06-27-12, 2:27 pm
Think all things through before acting, be reasonable, and choose your battles...

ghost
06-27-12, 2:35 pm
The easy way is get used to living w/o a gf as along as you are in this game and all else will be fine.

um.... wrong. im married and my wife is one of my biggest motivators for my lifting.

if you find the RIGHT partner you are set.

hell, look at Kathy and Bobby Fields. they are such an AMAZING couple and push one another along this life.

you need to find who is right for YOU. make sure they understand where you stand on issues, COMMUNICATION is the key to making things work. if you are not willing to TALK about what needs to be done, then don't bother.

Slopeskull
06-27-12, 2:41 pm
I think as far as bodybuoiding is concerned all girlfriends will get like that sometimes. But if she is as bad as you says she is, In my opinion you might wanna have a talk with her and let her know how much bodybuilding means to you. If she cant understand that then whats next is up to you but if it was my situation I would move on if she couldnt accept that bodybuilding is yours, mine, and anybodies lifestyle who is consumed by it. its a way of life.

B.D.Smash
06-28-12, 2:21 am
Think all things through before acting, be reasonable, and choose your battles...

Old expression....a lot of people choose the fights they can win, but sometimes you have to choose the fights worth fighting.

B.D.Smash
06-28-12, 2:28 am
I think as far as bodybuoiding is concerned all girlfriends will get like that sometimes. But if she is as bad as you says she is, In my opinion you might wanna have a talk with her and let her know how much bodybuilding means to you. If she cant understand that then whats next is up to you but if it was my situation I would move on if she couldnt accept that bodybuilding is yours, mine, and anybodies lifestyle who is consumed by it. its a way of life.

She is into fitness as well but more and more i'm finding there are a lot of women out there that don't like the idea of a lifter/bodybuilders body.

This is sometimes short lived when a shirt is taken off :P

To be honest...I think the thing that what a lot of girls get freaked out about (and this is purely my opinion and i would actively welcome some women to come in and set me straight if i'm wrong) is that they have this image that we're freaking huge and maybe gonna get all "monster" on them and maybe hurt them. The look thing as well is an acquired taste, but having said that...was around at my sisters house and one of her friends mentioned she didn't like the bodybuilder look. when i asked why she said she liked skinny men. My sister had a video on her PC of me practising posing. I didn't know about that till later but apparently her opinion was different after that.

Girls...what is that you like in bodybuilders/lifters and what don't you like in them?

Maybe this should be a thread unto itself?

Beowulf
01-14-14, 3:25 pm
So I've been following the CAPO documentary series. I think there was a scene showing GUNZ's girlfriend in the video. It's easy to focus on the athletes and what they do in the gym and on the platform. But I think it's really easy to forget about the support structure that exists behind each athlete. The ladies, of course, a big part of that. For members here, what has your lady done that has helped you achieve some of your goals, goals that you may not have otherwise achieved?

Operator
01-18-14, 11:50 am
Honestly bro if she isn't willing to accept your ways, but you are willing to accept hers, you need to drop it. It's a 2 way street. You can't expect to give yourself up (and by "yourself" I mean what you love to do, ex. the iron) for someone else. You have to let them accept you, and if they can't, then tough luck. I feel you bro, no one wants to be lonely, we all want someone to come home to, but being lonely for a little bit is a lot better than giving up your passion. Just step outside the box and think about it. Don't worry about none of that "karma" nonsense, nothing will come back to bite you or haunt you, because you would be ending it for the right reasons. But if you don't want to end it, that's of course your choice brother, maybe just talk to her about everything, and lay out all the cards on the table.

Bench315
01-18-14, 2:30 pm
My share on this is surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people is vital. I've been training for about five years now yup still a rookie. Last year was definitely my toughest year but these hard times eventually pass. I was driving back from the gym to head home my house is about a mile from the gym i was training at. I made a U-turn was heading back i arrived at the intersection it was quiet everything was peaceful. I was waiting on a green light so i could make a left turn. The light was yellow i saw all the oncoming cars stopping so i decided to turn next thing you know i look and a mack truck was feet away from me. My entire car flew up in the air spinning backwards thank God i was wearing a seatbelt if not i wouldn't be here typing this. I kick open my door and i was fine the ambulances and cops arrive it all passed. I was fine nothing had happened a bad bruise across my waist from the backlash, and a broken finger and torn shoulder. But i was alive. As bad as the accident was what came next was much tougher on me. I had to cast my hand for a few months and a sling on the other. My girlfriend and family are a big factor in me not giving up on my dream. My brother drove me to school freinds at school helped me with my classes. I didn't to very well those semesters but i had helped when i needed it. Be mentally tough do what you love.