PDA

View Full Version : Girls & The Iron Life

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

billmd1334
01-25-07, 7:10 am
I have a girlfriend right now, who does nothing but tell me how much more I care about my body and the gym than her. This is a girl I thought I could see spending my whole life with... but the more she tries keeping me out of the gym, the harder it gets to want to be anywhere near her. Being 25 I understand I'm getting no younger when it comes to a relationship... are any of you guys out there still single and just in love with only the gym... how do you handle your friday and saturday nights? in the gym like I do now... or are you on that quest for the almighty supportive woman?

I don't wanna sound like a whiny pussy, just asking the general question

ghost
01-25-07, 8:30 am
im on the quest....but i also explain before i even start dating that i am first and foremost a powerlifter/bodybuilder....and that it takes up a lot of my time, and if they had a problem with it, to walk away now so i dont waste my time.

that could be, of course, why i am single. lol.

ghost
01-25-07, 8:31 am
also....friday and saturday nights, i relax..my weeks are hectic enough without having to worry about spending money on a gf and going out...most of the time i am here in my apartment lifting, or sleeping.

gotta rest to grow.

sneezed
01-25-07, 8:44 am
I had a g/f. I contiunuosly blew her off for my training. Why cant you watch movies with me from 5-10? Because that would be five hours that im not growing.. She recently broke up with me, but shit, anything for the iron

Essexfreak
01-25-07, 8:54 am
They'll only bring ya down on your quest for physical perfection, laying the guilt trip on you about "you care more about the gym than me" or "why can't we have pizza tonight, it won't kill you!"

Anyone dated a female bodybuilder ? I did for a while and it was a different story, although we had a bit too much in common if ya get my drift !

A buddy at work summed it up best,
"Women ?, turn 'em upside down, they all look like sisters!"

HELLYEAH60
01-25-07, 9:09 am
Well bro that is a really a sticky situation that your in. You have to keep in mind though that if training is a priority to you now and she doesn't support it then she will probably not support it later down the road. Ive thrown away girlfriends for this game, and honestly I don't have any regrets. You really need to figure out what is important to you and stick with that decision. As for Friday and Saturday nights, I just chill at my place. I'll watch a movie or something, its all I need. Rest is something too important in the iron game that should not ever be jeopardized.

naturalguy
01-25-07, 9:18 am
A lot of women are insecure and feel that if your spending time in the gym that it's taking away time with them. It is hard to find a girl that lives the same lifestyle however there are women out there that will understand and respect what you do, they are rare though.

ghost
01-25-07, 9:23 am
careful. im sure Toni will kill you for that comment. lol...

Punisher
01-25-07, 10:13 am
All women are snakes with tits !

They'll only bring ya down on your quest for physical perfection, laying the guilt trip on you about "you care more about the gym than me" or "why can't we have pizza tonight, it won't kill you!"

Anyone dated a female bodybuilder ? I did for a while and it was a different story, although we had a bit too much in common if ya get my drift !

Hey bro these kind of statements are unaccecptable, some of our most valuable members are women. We will not tolerate sexist, discriminatory or hateful speech. In the near future actions like this will merit a ban.

dnise
01-25-07, 10:22 am
Granted, I know alot of women don't understand what this life is all about but some of us live for it as much as you guys do.

lilpriest
01-25-07, 11:58 am
i went through many a g/f who didnt understand. i have one now who is very supportive. she helps me in so many ways, cooking my meals, cleaning up for me while im working or at the gym. she is def. a keeper. she is there for me on the worst of days while dieting for a show and she is the first one there to cheer for me when im on stage.

it takes some time, but i found the right one...

Giant Killer
01-25-07, 12:14 pm
my girlfriend was like this at first, "Why do you HAVE to workout today, just do it tomorrow.", "Your so tired after working out that you are unresponsive to me.", or the ever present "You are looking at pictures of half-naked guys too much."
after a little while she just got used to it--now she knows if I don't get my workout in, I'll be hell on earth to deal with anyway from frustration--and looking at poses just inspires me and helps learn posing form
now she says "I'm gonna get Taco Bell on the way over but I'll stop at the store and get you some London Broil & a sweet potato and cook it for you." (such a keeper)
also MY FAVORITE she would say "I hope you don't want to look like that, thats gross." but when I started bulking and hardening my physique, she was breathless when I posed for her
It's all relative man, always try to meet halfway, but don't sacrifice your goals for someone who is unwilling to budge

Essexfreak
01-25-07, 12:17 pm
Hey bro these kind of statements are unaccecptable, some of our most valuable members are women. We will not tolerate sexist, discriminatory or hateful speech. In the near future actions like this will merit a ban.

Apologies, guess the divorce and ensuing screwing by the courts ( half of everything including pension when she always worked, has her own pension and we don't have kids) has given me a jaded view.

I'll take the slap on the wrist and will behave!

billmd1334
01-25-07, 12:35 pm
you guys are all right... my g/f has no desire to meet me half way, she wants what she wants, and then what I want comes a distant second. I hear it all the time "why do you have to workout "*sigh* I guess you're going to the gym again" but in the next breath she's bitching and complaining that she doesn't want me to get out of shape... I'm starting to learn you just can't make anyone happy... but yourself

Maccabee
01-25-07, 12:48 pm
First of all there is nuthing wrong with women. They are ppl just like us, and second everyone has there prefrences. Reevaluate your relationship you said this is the women you think you might spend your entire life with. SO ask yourself "do i see myself with her 5 years from now, with the way she reacts towards my way of life" If you think she can change and that you see yourself with her 5 years from now then stay with her, if not then break up man. Talk to her and make her realize your goals and what your all about. If she cant accept it move on. Because either she is going to bring you up or bring you down. Good Luck

bobbyj654
01-25-07, 12:59 pm
All women are snakes with tits !

lol, thats funny about dating that female bb, lol

last time i heard, chicks dig guys with muscle, dunno why its so hard for ya'll, lol

PlacentiaBay
01-25-07, 1:34 pm
I can do without them. No woman will ever come in the way of me and the gym. If she tries, shes gone. No questions asked, just a simple goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

RowdyRobby
01-25-07, 1:53 pm
Listen man, anything can be worked out. You have to come to a compromise, not an ultimadim. At 25 your mature enough to know what you want, so all you have to do now is work with her on how to get in the gym without making her feel like she #2, know what Im sayin. I have a Pregnant Wife at home and even though she almost bedrid'in and as helpless as a kid herself, she understands that not only is this what I do, but its an investment in our future. Im no good as a protector/provider if Im weak and Average.

make it work, just like lifting you gotta find the right technique.

Strengh and Honor

Rowdy

Bulldozin727
01-25-07, 2:02 pm
I've had a hard time finding a girl to stick by me for a long time. The way I run my life and my priorities scare a lot of them off. For the last three or four months though I have been in heaven bro. Met a girl who is majoring in physical therapy and is big into sports nutrition etc. She is very supportive and actually helps me out with my diet amongst other things. She is eats just as healthy as I do and spends plenty of her own time in the gym. It makes for a great relationship. I guess what I am trying to say is that I crashed and burned for a long time and now I finally caught one that fits the bill and I won't be gettin rid of her as long as she can stand me. Give it time brother and you will find her someday. Peace- Nick

Kathy Fields
01-25-07, 2:18 pm

Thank you, Punisher. Although I don't mind being called a bitch, I know I'm not a snake.

Billmd1334, I guess it's a matter of questioning yourself exactly what she's accusing you of. Who or what is more important? If there's no way to compromise with the woman you could "see yourself spending your whole life with", are you willing to sacrifice or should you create a new standard as far as what kind of woman you would have a relationship with.

Personally, my boyfriend and I created the standard for ourselves before we ever met that if we were to find someone to have a relationship with, they better be in the same lifestyle. We put too much time, effort, and sacrifice into the sport we love, it would be like pretending to be someone we're not if we had to change it for someone else. Luckily, we found each other because of our lifestyle and were thankful we didn't make powerlifting take a back seat to "whoever" we were dating before.

FreakALeak
01-25-07, 2:39 pm
The gym is my life. Theres always going to be things that get in the way of your goals, but you just have to find away through them. I had a girl that always said you like the gym more them me. I told her that the gym will always be number 1. The gym never lets me down or ask questions. This is my life, you either accept it or move on. A couple weeks later I dumped her because I lost all interest. Ill wait till I find a girl that understands my situation, until I find her I have the gym and always will.

barischeg
01-25-07, 3:37 pm
like eminem said in one of his songs... women are

"chickens with no wings"

just listen to song "drips" then dump that girl.. start hangin out with ur buds with ur cooler in ur car so u can run to ur car every 2 hours and eat somethin like me.. haha..

TDog305
01-25-07, 3:52 pm
A lot of women are insecure and feel that if your spending time in the gym that it's taking away time with them. It is hard to find a girl that lives the same lifestyle however there are women out there that will understand and respect what you do, they are rare though.

I'm with you on this. I have continually experienced women that are happy with my size, until they realzie the sacrifice that comes with it.

I have a theory that most women, and I stress MOST women, actually are attracted to whats on the inside more than the outside, and after being in a relationship for a little while they get worried they will lose you. Subconsciously, they try to get you to actually look worse than when they met you so they don't have to worry about losing you.

Don't get me wrong I have had relationships that this is not the case, but the majority seem to have the ship steered in this direction.

Giant Killer
01-25-07, 3:57 pm
like eminem said in one of his songs... women are

"chickens with no wings"

haha..

in case you haven't noticed, saying things like this is not only ignorant but unacceptable...

G Diesel
01-25-07, 4:07 pm
My grandmother is a woman, my mom is a woman, my fiancee is a woman, my daughter is a woman... Those are my queens. The right ones are priceless and should be regarded with the utmost respect. There are undesirables of every sex, race, class or walk of life, but we should never speak in such broad strokes so as to stain the whole wonderful bunch with the actions of the rotten few. Peace, G

combatwombat
01-25-07, 6:27 pm
My grandmother is a woman, my mom is a woman, my fiancee is a woman, my daughter is a woman... Those are my queens. The right ones are priceless and should be regarded with the utmost respect. There are undesirables of every sex, race, class or walk of life, but we should never speak in such broad strokes so as to stain the whole wonderful bunch with the actions of the rotten few. Peace, G

This man speaks the truth. I would really hate to hear someone talk about my wife or daughter that way. Granted I know some people can get sour in regurads to opposite sex. We all make generalizations from time to time. Just remeber there are all types on this board. We have all come here for one thing. Please show your brothers and sisters the respect they deserve.

On a lighter note.

My wife actually urges me to go work out. I always come back in a better mood, and I think she might dig my smell. Not the BO smell but you know the other one. The smell of a manly man doing manly things. The smell of testosterone!

bobbyj654
01-25-07, 9:50 pm

you said it man, very much appreciated, women should not be treated worse just because they dont know as much as we know about the sport, heck, even my bro questions some of the things that i do, and it gets really annoying
so i think what you guys are tryin to say is that you dont hate women that do these kinds of things, its everyone that does these kinds of things

MELTDOWN
01-25-07, 11:41 pm
i met my wife 17 years ago and married her 13 years ago. she knew the second day we went out about the dedication. i was late due to waiting on the water to warm up in the showers at the gym after too many peeps in front of me killed the hot water. from the start, i was up front and pulled no punches.if i don't lift in the morning, it gets done in the pm. yes i spend ALOT of money on the "powders and pills" and yes my grocery bill in friggin huge. no i can't fit into a xl shirt, and no i'm not gonna "not work out" today. adjustments made...you betcha....compromises, nope. after she showed up at the gym a few times, saw the seriousness, understood the pain and why it was necessary, all was cool. then the "fitness" bug attacked her, adn it became even better. her parents still bitch about the money i spend on food, supps,gym dues, her sisiters and mine still call me a freak, but she is there all day every day regardless. she is a good one and i'm glad i have her. i'm sure that high school sweetie i let get away would never pick me up after a brutal leg day, now would she ?!?!

M60
01-26-07, 2:19 am
Shit. Somtimes I wish I just had a girlfriend.

Toni69
01-26-07, 4:24 am
Apologies, guess the divorce and ensuing screwing by the courts ( half of everything including pension when she always worked, has her own pension and we don't have kids) has given me a jaded view.

I'll take the slap on the wrist and will behave!

No worries man...your lucky I am stuck here in the UK! LOL

Toni69
01-26-07, 4:25 am
careful. im sure Toni will kill you for that comment. lol...

Got my back huh...cool...I got yours when you need me bro! LOL

Essexfreak
01-26-07, 6:53 am
No worries man...your lucky I am stuck here in the UK! LOL

Er.... not a good time to tell you I live in London then huh ?

Toni69
01-26-07, 12:12 pm
Er.... not a good time to tell you I live in London then huh ?

You do huh! Well, your a hop, skip and a jump away man! well...more like a 2-3hr drive with traffic..but you get my drift! Maybe if your nice to me we can train one day...that is if you think you can hang! hahahaha!

Colossus15
01-26-07, 12:52 pm
Yo guys i got a gf and she loves that i go work out. I have been dating her for 2 years and lifting the entire time. Sometimes my lifting gets in the way of me and her but she understands and knows its important to me. All you have to do is treat her the way a girl wants to be treated and she will understand if you tell her lifting is important to you and you would let her do anything that is important to her.

Hatred
01-26-07, 3:05 pm
The great oxymoron.
The women that love the body don't love the time it takes to get it and keep it.
My current goal is 285 and her response is "I don't want you to get any bigger.."
God you eat too much,it's not good etc etc.."
Honestly as the lifestyle becomes more front and center this becomes more frustrating.
I'd never think myself to be this shallow but I'm just tired of defending my point of view and values..
Life has enough obstacles.
It's rough bro. It is. I'd love to say that you'll find that perfect mate but if you don't find them in the gym then your odds
are significantly reduced.
Its even harder if you don't talk to women in the gym such as I do. It's church and I can't think of anything tackier.

pdiesel
01-27-07, 12:02 am
hey man how ya doin? look a lot of girls are not the types to understand this lifestyle we live..you need to understand that women are different from us and that this can seem selfish in their eyes..i would just do your training in the afternoon and not at night..i mean why train on a friday night! im sure if you just make a set schedule for all your meals and training, and explain what you are doing to accomodate for her, everything will be fine..if things keep getting real bad, dont give up a passion of yours for anything..if she cares about you she will truly understand where youre coming from..good luck

IRN-NML
01-27-07, 2:15 pm
If you've been at it for awhile and don't have some crazy program that also has you pumpin' Sun.-Thurs. and you really enjoy the likely solitude of Fri. night and Sat. night (I do - at least Fri.; gym isn't open Sat. night) then go for it and if you and the girl have to part, then so be it. Guessing you wouldn't enjoy the weekend partying/bars scene; ain't nothing wrong with being with the iron ANY day of the week; you're doing that for yourself. You're young; long time to find a more supportive lifemate.

Buckeye
01-27-07, 2:20 pm
Unless she's the one bro, your muscles are gonna be around longer than most women are. But that's just my opinion

D-Bomb
01-27-07, 3:18 pm
it is all about making commitment if you really want that girl to be yours you have to make time for the gym and for her. gym does not take up 24 hrs of your day. eating only takes up ten minutes every two hours or so.

but i do understand it does get a bit hectic with the diet and how you are reprimanded at times. i have been lucky enough to have had passive girls/acquaintances before who really digged what i do so you must find the women who most can fit into your lifestyle. yet you must change to fit hers as well with her recognizing your commitment which is on a ANIMAL level.

beefhungrybear
01-28-07, 12:16 am
[QUOTE

My wife actually urges me to go work out. I always come back in a better mood, and I think she might dig my smell. Not the BO smell but you know the other one. The smell of a manly man doing manly things. The smell of testosterone![/QUOTE]

nope, it 's YOUR bo she unconciously digs. what's more manly than you being funked up? your pheromones are in your funky pits, man.

beefhungrybear
01-28-07, 12:22 am
have read a lot from guys who have problems with women and the gym. it must be somewhat easier for the gay/bi guys here who share their gym life with their man; same love /desire for the iron, similar goals, etc. and don't foul yourselves, they are here on this forum.

Jester
01-28-07, 12:26 am
I have started to see this chick that is exactly as you all are saying.. loves to see the hot body but wants me to keep that beach bod and get no bigger.... I tell her that I want to go pro someday and she says, well if you want that I will cut you off (meaning from sex). Its just a pain because nowadays you will see A LOT (not ALL) of chicks that are in the gym getting in shape but there boyfriend is like this skinny ass dude. You start to think, why doesnt she want a guy with muscle but for me its a personal quest to get a big as physically possible. I dont care if she doesnt like it because if she cares about you as a person she should stick around. However as someone stated earlier.. they just try and compete for your time.. rather then be patient and wait in line. Some of my friends girlfriends have even resorted to going WITH THEM.. to the gym but its like I dont come here to chat and spend time with you, I come to lift.. Only most chicks I see now love the muscle but as stated before.. dont know what it takes to get there. Yea it would be nice to do a few bounces on the exercise ball and run a couple miles to get a jacked up body but that is NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE to what it takes for us to get huge. We have to eat, train, sleep and what not but most girls will not ever accept that... I just keep focused but I guess if this chick is willing to deal with my shit she can hang around but no sense in trying to change me because I have my eyes set on the prize.. and I am going there with or without her..

Guate Tio
01-28-07, 12:41 am
My girl is great, love her, she rules !!! haha make things work just fine...! te amo mi osita :)

doomsdaylover
02-02-07, 1:47 pm
This comes from a debate sparked by me and my training partner. As animals, do we enjoy seeing women at the gym, or are they an uneeded distraction? Yes, this topic is fluff but it's a burning question I have for the serious iron pounders.

darkside64
02-02-07, 1:55 pm
I have come to find that they can sometimes even be motivators, and sometimes distractions. I work out at a nice Gold's gym. In the beginning it was great a lot of hot girls running around, helped my ass lift the weight. Lately however I have been moving into a season where I just need to get away from all that shit, and go to a gym where there is nothing but iron. So when my membership runs out in a couple of days it is time to move into the shadows again.

the_menace
02-02-07, 1:58 pm
This comes from a debate sparked by me and my training partner. As animals, do we enjoy seeing women at the gym, or are they an uneeded distraction? Yes, this topic is fluff but it's a burning question I have for the serious iron pounders.

Yes and no. First of all, I don't go to the gym to look for an eye candy. Women that works out hard are not by any means a distraction but rather a pleasurable sight, especially those who lift weights which is rare. The reason being is, I admire women who works out hard and you can easily spot them from a great distance. They're dedicated and willing to bust their ass and sweat.

Now there are the other ones who are just there....those, I don't care much about.

doomsdaylover
02-02-07, 2:05 pm
Yes and no. First of all, I don't go to the gym to look for an eye candy. Women that works out hard are not by any means a distraction but rather a pleasurable sight, especially those who lift weights which is rare. The reason being is, I admire women who works out hard and you can easily spot them from a great distance. They're dedicated and willing to bust their ass and sweat.

Now there are the other ones who are just there....those, I don't care much about.

I would say anyone who is just there gives me a facial tick. Especially the habitual readers while using equipment. But the other day, this girl approached me about my college-t and asked me some questions - I gotta say I'm a very social guy and approach in me in ANY other setting and I'd love to turn on the charm, but NOT WHILE I'M DOING MY FUCKING BENCH PRESS!

Toni69
02-02-07, 2:21 pm
Why don't women start threads like this huh? Being a woman who lifts..I understand where your coming from. I see it everyday too. I have guys come up to me asking me a million and one questions and I think being away from home has softened me up a bit cause I don't yell at 'em anymore to leave me alone while I train.

I surely do not go to the gym for any piece of eye candy. I am impressed when I see people push some decent weight but I have never seen anyone to match up to Machine, Wrath or G Diesel ever. Women lifters are even more rare in my neck of the woods..meaning here in the UK. I am about as freaky as they get. There is one girl in my gym, a new girl who has amazing legs, so I managed to hook up with her because I totally respect her training ethics.

When I see a girl in my gym looking at herself in her compact mirror while she is on the elliptical..I just ignore her. She is not at my level, she has different goals and I don't judge her. I just wait for the day she will trip off the darn machine.

What gets me going is watching guys in my gym lift and I lift heavier than them! Now that floats my boat.

Jaymafin
02-02-07, 2:28 pm
if your distracted then its your fault, your not focused.

doomsdaylover
02-02-07, 2:31 pm
What gets me going is watching guys in my gym lift and I lift heavier than them! Now that floats my boat.

LOL. How immasculating!! That would cause me to go home and eat 5 scoops of weight gainer.

Toni69
02-02-07, 2:33 pm
LOL. How immasculating!! That would cause me to go home and eat 5 scoops of weight gainer.

Thought you would get a kick out of that one! Its true though!

Gmoney
02-02-07, 3:52 pm
I would like to find a gym that is beat up and dingy. The gyms now have shiny equipment and to many females taking up benches when all their doing is trying to find Mr. right or whatever. I'll take a gym like Ronnie Coleman lifts in. Summer, 95 degrees only one fan blowing and not many people around. That's hardcore!! That's the real deal!!

Evaniel
02-02-07, 3:53 pm
Well, I always went to a college gym, so you can imagine what the girls (and guys, really) were like: all gussied up in their matching uniforms, hair all gelled up, makeup on, and doing meaningless flailing with the little plastic weights. Again, not all that different from the guys: just different poundages.

However, every now and then you'd see a girl who was obviously on a mission, there consistently, training with intensity, and moving serious weight. For me, that was a motivator, because if you can, as a women, push past all the bullshit programming girls have forced upon them since infancy, you HAVE to be one tough lady. When I am in the presence of tough people, men or women, I man up real quick.

Much respect for the lady lifters.

bovat
02-02-07, 4:06 pm
I would say anyone who is just there gives me a facial tick. Especially the habitual readers while using equipment. But the other day, this girl approached me about my college-t and asked me some questions - I gotta say I'm a very social guy and approach in me in ANY other setting and I'd love to turn on the charm, but NOT WHILE I'M DOING MY FUCKING BENCH PRESS!

i feel ya brother, it seems people come over to ask you as soon as you start a set, what really gets me, is when people are all around you waiting to see you lift the weight, i don't do good under pressure, so i usually just work out alone in my garage

Universal Rep
02-02-07, 4:35 pm
If they're a distraction, it's because you're looking.

serban
02-02-07, 4:40 pm
I go to the most popular gym in my city(it`s very close to home). That means there are always a couple of girls in the gym. Most of them don`t even bother working anything except glutes and legs. I get lots of looks from them (i`m the biggest guy at my gym)but i choose to ignore them ... i feel that they don`t deserve the attention simply because U`RE IN A GYM ! YOU`RE SUPPOSED TO WORK OUT NOT STARE!

Freak
02-02-07, 5:39 pm
The "gym" is many things to many people. Think of it like it's a lottery ticket. You don't win unless you know what you got and you cash the fucker out.

DreamZero
02-02-07, 5:43 pm
I guess they can be both, depending on your mood.. if you're steel hard and strong willed, they can give you the will to try to max up your set. But if it's a bad day, where you wonder why you keep pushing iron, why you don't just lay there staring at candles because you'll die someday anyway.. pure distraction. gotta stay strong
peace

serban
02-02-07, 6:16 pm
I`d love watching a girl work out the way animals do (i find that sexy in a woman) but that probably won`t happen very soon since i live in a former soviet country where people are kinda` small-minded and any woman with a bit of muscle is seen as just plain crazy.

Giant Killer
02-02-07, 6:56 pm
theres other people at the gym?

pdiesel
02-02-07, 8:37 pm
im 100% focused at the gym during my sets..even after i remain focused..if a HOT chick walks by, sure ill take a look, but im not all out staring and im not trying to his on her..thats not what im there for..but if this chick is smokin hot, of course im gonna check her out..i mean come on you have 1 minute between sets! hahahaa, all joking aside, it sounds like you are getting real distracted from the women in the gym..sure theyre fun to look at, but you can't get distracted..once that happens you're fucked..this one chick started talking to me during my ss of chest flys and machine press..she asked me how long ive been lifting..i said 4 years hard..and thats it..i just didnt have time for that shit its not what im there for..

LuvsThePain
02-02-07, 8:56 pm
If you're motivation at the gym is to impress the girls then you're there for the wrong reason. I don't care if they're using the gym, I just don't pay attention to them. I don't pay attention to anyone or anything except the task at hand.

TylerC
02-02-07, 9:51 pm
If I had my way, there wouldnt be women at the gym I work out in. Now keep in mind that they're NO bodybuilding women at the gym I go to. Sure I enjoy seeing them in shorts just as much as the next guy, but it's like an article on this website somewhere I believe, wait till after you puke on a set of squats and see if u still want to talk to that chick. Save the girls for later. It's a distraction when they stare at you working out, whether in disgust or not. But however, some of them are there for the same reason we are.

NickSP
02-02-07, 9:54 pm
What pisses me off is the prissy little girls that came with make up and dressed up, or tight ass clothing, the ones that think every guy there is a sex driven digit-seeker, and probably thinks I stare at her between all my sets. Here's something that pissed me off - a couple chicks are working on one of the free benches in front of the DB rack. Two of them are straddled over one of the benches, facing each other with a DB standing up between them. They grab the top of the DB and start saying some shit about the little teacup rides at carnivals or amusement parks or whatever (you know the little ones where you sit down and turn the big wheel in the middle to spin) and they CRACKING UP having a grand ol time. Now I don't have roid rage I swear, but I wanted to smack em upside the head with that DB. If a girl wants to pick up some free weight and get some real work done, I respect that, I like that. But if you're going to be a prissy, airheaded, ditzy little barbie doll, don't fucking complain about guys not respecting you in the gym or giving you weird looks when you get into a free weight section and start fucking around.

spartan300
02-02-07, 10:39 pm
Some of my best training partners were WOMEN! They are focused, they are intense, they are driven! I could always rely on them to be on time, to pay attention to detail (squat depth, proper form etc.) to give an all out effort day in, day out. You gotta' love'um. As for the "barbell bunnies" I never gave them a second look.

Alivewhenimdead
02-02-07, 10:51 pm
when you have a bangin' chick in the gym it pushes you to impress her...chances are you'll put on more weight than normal. The result is that you push you harder and work harder.

this is just me though

but I do hope women, and us men, work hard in the gym and not just fuck around

Bam Bam
02-02-07, 10:55 pm
I have much respect for the ladies in the gym who are actually lifting. They give me space and I give them theirs. Now what I cannot stand is the girls who run around shreiking and hangin all over some guy who is sittin around on the machine I want to use. Talk about annoying.

focused
02-03-07, 1:00 am
theres other people at the gym?

haha niice, thats a fuckin animal

M60
02-03-07, 1:11 am
I remember once there was this real cute girl with some short ass shorts that went into the weight room to do leg raises. The mirrors are usually my enemy, but that day they were just a distraction. Holy shit, then as she walked out she smiled at me and I nearly fainted. Some animal I am.

doomsdaylover
02-03-07, 3:57 am
Thought you would get a kick out of that one! Its true though!

You slay me, Toni. Seriously I'd kill myself.

serban
02-03-07, 4:30 am
Another thing: women who use perfume before coming to the gym. WTF???
Yes i have a couple of girls at my gym that do that.
I`m not against perfume i think the ladies should smell nice ... but when i`m squatting it kinda` seams too much for me to handle the aroma of channel no 5.

dtb004
02-03-07, 6:04 am
Women are in the gym for many reasons, who's to say that they aren't trying to better themselves? They might wear skimpy ass clothes, but what about the dudes that wear the clothes to make themselves look good, or that one favorite shirt that rips you up?, Some might spend time walking around doing nothing, but are they in shape? At least they are there, not sitting a home eating fuckin chips, They might be looking for Mr. Right as one post said previously, but it shouldn't bother you if you aren't looking back... Be an animal, in and out.
DTB

pdiesel
02-03-07, 12:29 pm
Women are in the gym for many reasons, who's to say that they aren't trying to better themselves? They might wear skimpy ass clothes, but what about the dudes that wear the clothes to make themselves look good, or that one favorite shirt that rips you up?, Some might spend time walking around doing nothing, but are they in shape? At least they are there, not sitting a home eating fuckin chips, They might be looking for Mr. Right as one post said previously, but it shouldn't bother you if you aren't looking back... Be an animal, in and out.
DTB

real..

jatta palu
02-03-07, 7:09 pm
Speaking as a woman some comments were tough to read. I look at the scales of equity and wonder about the double standard. If you don't want the women in tight clothes...then you don't want the men in underarmor. I see men AND women who are in flirt mode. I have seen both treat MY gym like a romper room....club....buffet spot. I honor both sexes that are seriousbeginners. You don't have to lift much....just lift....seriously lift. Look at the weight and show no mercy... I have been lifting for years..built like a fireplug so powerlifting is my weapon of choice. Some women glance at me from the corner of their eye because of how I lift, how much I lift or how I dress. I lift more than some men in my gym.

I
do
not
care.

I've earned my respect. I am left alone. No one asks me "Are you using that" they wait til I'm done. Cause they know i have goals just like they do. My destiny is to do more than the last time. My destiny is to have better form than the last set. No matter the gender. I look at the gym doors and say "many will enter, few will win." If they bother you, pull your scully down, turn your music up and believe with all your heart that, for now, this next set is your enemy.

Toni69
02-03-07, 7:21 pm
I`d love watching a girl work out the way animals do (i find that sexy in a woman) but that probably won`t happen very soon since i live in a former soviet country where people are kinda` small-minded and any woman with a bit of muscle is seen as just plain crazy.

Poor guy...that's ok because here in the UK, there aren't any chicks that train like me. If they are here, they are hiding somewhere because I never see them. Most people in my town know who I am, but once I leave my town and go somplace else in a tank top or whatever, I get these looks from women that are just downright wrong, especially the old timers.

This old lady dropped her bag in the street a few days ago and I rushed over to help her. She looked at me as if she thought I was going to steal her groceries and run off; I could see by the way she was gripping her walking stick. I was just waiting to be bashed in the head with it. When I handed her bag back, she curled her lips up into a slight smile and walked away. She turned around and glanced at me, then shook her head..like my God, what is the world coming to..you know what I mean? She totally did not like my physique at all. I thought it was funny. I wasn't offended at all. it's to be expected really.

Toni69
02-03-07, 7:24 pm
Speaking as a woman some comments were tough to read. I look at the scales of equity and wonder about the double standard. If you don't want the women in tight clothes...then you don't want the men in underarmor. I see men AND women who are in flirt mode. I have seen both treat MY gym like a romper room....club....buffet spot. I honor both sexes that are seriousbeginners. You don't have to lift much....just lift....seriously lift. Look at the weight and show no mercy... I have been lifting for years..built like a fireplug so powerlifting is my weapon of choice. Some women glance at me from the corner of their eye because of how I lift, how much I lift or how I dress. I lift more than some men in my gym.

I
do
not
care.

I've earned my respect. I am left alone. No one asks me "Are you using that" they wait til I'm done. Cause they know i have goals just like they do. My destiny is to do more than the last time. My destiny is to have better form than the last set. No matter the gender. I look at the gym doors and say "many will enter, few will win." If they bother you, pull your scully down, turn your music up and believe with all your heart that, for now, this next set is your enemy.

I couldn't have said it better my sista! (sista as in my New York accent..;))

Farley
02-05-07, 12:59 am
Just go buy the "I'm not here to talk" shirt from the animalpak store. The rest works like magic :)

BigTruck
02-05-07, 2:42 am
giant killer should get some sort of award or something for his line --- rock on

Toni69
02-05-07, 3:26 am
Just go buy the "I'm not here to talk" shirt from the animalpak store. The rest works like magic :)

You know..I would, but they are all too big for me! Where are the shirts for the gals anyway? I would buy all of 'em! especially the "shut up and train." I would wear that one just for this guy at my gym that always freakin' talks to me as soon as I rest between sets. God I want that shirt!

serban
02-05-07, 5:53 am
I`m sorry to tell you this but the guy probably isn`t going to stop talking to you because of the shirt. He may just have a thing for you. You might want to try telling him to leave you alone ... or ask him out :)

Toni69
02-05-07, 6:14 am
I`m sorry to tell you this but the guy probably isn`t going to stop talking to you because of the shirt. He may just have a thing for you. You might want to try telling him to leave you alone ... or ask him out :)

Ewwww...no way! I have walked away from him while he was talking, turned my Ipod on and ignored him, I even blasted the radio in the gym super loud...he still gets in my face! See, this is when a male partner really comes in handy. Oh well, Que Sera Sera. ;)

serban
02-05-07, 8:21 am
Well ... i`ve seen you photos and i can understand the poor fellow. Don`t put him down too rough :)

Kathy Fields
02-05-07, 11:50 am
I guess I'm spoiled in a way nowadays...we're all powerlifters where I train, tight-knit group, and pretty much family. Thank goodness we don't have those silly issues. The only time our gals are distractions is when we're hitting PR's.

the_menace
02-05-07, 12:17 pm
when you have a bangin' chick in the gym it pushes you to impress her...chances are you'll put on more weight than normal. The result is that you push you harder and work harder.

this is just me though

but I do hope women, and us men, work hard in the gym and not just fuck around

There was an actual study done based on this and how women raised testosterone levels in guy's lifts. Pretty interesting stuff and it's true.

Powerfreak
02-05-07, 12:29 pm
There are not too many women at my gym, although there are 4 that are on my powerlifting team. One has a bench of over 400lbs, and two more are over 300. Not the norm for sure, but definitely fucking inspirational to watch.

billmd1334
02-16-07, 4:47 pm
Hey Bros... I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and everything... I took it all into consideration and talked to her... I got everything straightened out... she understands my gym and diet are a priority to me... and at this stage I don't need anyone bring me down...

In this world there are two kinds of people... those that bring you up... and those that bring you down... and I have no room for those that want to bring me down

randomality
02-16-07, 9:59 pm
after reading all of this... wow... i'm so lucky of all the close women in my life: my sis, my mom, and my girl.

haha, lucky for me, my mom knows about supps and proper eating, so she encourages healthy supplement usage. my sis, she does crew at westpoint, so she knows what it's like to train like an animal and stay dedicated. and last but certainly not least... my loving girlfriend. she's as much into bodybuilding and fitness as i am. hell... we met in the gym! and now, we're entering a fittest couple contest.

she and i, we're both animals... just different kinds: i'm the bear, she's the fox...

born0withno0soul
02-16-07, 11:01 pm
tough times my man. you have to decide which one you want more. the woman or yourself. many will think she is being selfish but if your anything like me your self indulged with yourself and care only for fitness and perfection. I am single and dont look for anyone right now. I have too much shit going on though. Getting my masters, trying to get to competition levels, and work full-time. Its not easy> you cant have everything.

Flash419
02-16-07, 11:41 pm
One thing I like to point out when the subject of too much time at the gym comes up....

It was working out that made me look like this, it was how I look that caught your eye... so why are you upset that I'm still working out now?

If she really cares then she'll work with you, not against you on this. And when you find one that wants to help, grab her and don't let go.

USMC_Muscle
02-17-07, 1:53 am
ok i kno what you guys mean, woman they come and go but what we will always have is the gym. I dont understand why woman want to keep us out of the gym. I hate that shit!

ItsSteveBlack
02-17-07, 2:22 am
It's not just the women, it's anyone in general who is not part of the life style. Most people I meet just don't understand it at all; they mark it with words of obsessed, or pathetic.. "Why do you always eat the same things" they say, as if its some kind of joke they label it pathetic and think its funny to poke fun at. However, they're not the ones in the grind day in and day out pushin heavy weight and maintaining perfect body chemistry for ideal growth.. Their goals entail boozing every night of the week and looking just as good as the next guy... "you eating that shit cuz you dont wanna lose those pretty abs?" fuck no. I'm eating that shit cuz its the lifestyle I chose, I want to make something of myself and I want to be standing out there on that stage being told to the world that something I was doing was 100% right when I'm being told I am #1. That is why I do it. And let it be a girl, or a friend, or the average joe; aint no one gonna understand the true goals that you have......... and aint no one gonna hold you down either.

Black

M60
02-17-07, 3:10 am
Its a war of instinct vs. emotion I think. Lately I haven't been training like an Animal. I've let my feelings for someone kind of get in the way, not that its a bad thing, but I need to get back into that instinct. I need to block out for that hour or so while I'm in the gym and focus on the task at hand.

asaint
02-20-07, 1:58 pm
Alright, so lately my fiancee has been complaining about me going to the gym. I work nights (10pm-6am) and she gets off at 4, which is usually when I go to the gym. But now she's ragging on me, "Why do you always have to go to the gym! Why don't you take a day off and spend it with me!" and I can understand it because we are expecting a child in July, but do any of you have advice for me on how to handle this???

Far Beyond Driven
02-20-07, 2:03 pm
Normally, I'd tell her to deal with it. However, there's a child in the mix now, and that's gotta be first responsibility. You'll just have to adjust your schedule. I have 3 kids. I know.

Big Rich
02-20-07, 2:06 pm
Spend time with the OL...
It's the right thing to do.

Like Far Beyond Driven said - Change your schedule to be with her.

J-Dawg
02-20-07, 2:18 pm
Having a baby will definitely change things... You'll experience quite a paradigm shift in your life. Why not try working out in the morning? When your child is young, you'll want to come home and spend free time with him/her. Just like preparing for a competition... prepare your mind ahead of time for how your life will be like once the lil' one is introduced into your world. Best of luck to you asaint.

asaint
02-20-07, 2:22 pm
Having a baby will definitely change things... You'll experience quite a paradigm shift in your life. Why not try working out in the morning? When your child is young, you'll want to come home and spend free time with him/her. Just like preparing for a competition... prepare your mind ahead of time for how your life will be like once the lil' one is introduced into your world. Best of luck to you asaint.

Thanks J-Dawg, and to all who responded. Yes I know I will have to change my life quite bit, and I am ecstatic about having a child.Maybe I could change my shifts to what regular people work? LOL Thx guys.

Testpolska
02-20-07, 2:25 pm
Heres what you do. On one of your off days pretend like your getting ready to hit the iron. Stop at the door and be like (in a loud voice so she can hear ya) 'Not today! I'm gonna spend time with my baby!'

That tactic got me outta some shit with a girlfriend on a regular basis. Most people are naive and think bodybuilders lift 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If your girl don't know when your off days are. I'd use that to your advantage.

asaint
02-20-07, 2:27 pm
Heres what you do. On one of your off days pretend like your getting ready to hit the iron. Stop at the door and be like (in a loud voice so she can hear ya) 'Not today! I'm gonna spend time with my baby!'

That tactic got me outta some shit with a girlfriend on a regular basis. Most people are naive and think bodybuilders lift 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If your girl don't know when your off days are. I'd use that to your advantage.

Lol, nice. I gotta remember that one.

osiris
02-20-07, 2:45 pm
Bro, just bite the bullet and spend time with your family. It's easier to rebuild your body than try'n to gain back the time you lost with your family. I stop train'n for 8months and it was the best thing i had done.

Hollow
02-20-07, 3:23 pm
Like the bro's said in other posts, you gotta change your schedule. I've got 3 boys and have changed my schedule multiple times.

bluetaz
02-20-07, 3:31 pm
Man the kid has to come frist way not go to the gym when you get off work with my kids some days I hit the gym at 9pm when they go to bed or 4pm before they get home and sometimes I have to hit the gym at 5:30am before work if the gym is in your heart you'll find the time for it and the family

kylespitfire
02-20-07, 3:45 pm
simple...*******

Punisher
02-20-07, 3:50 pm
i dont know what kinda slpit you are on right now but try changing it to a 3 or 4 day split so that way you can still train and you can use the excuse that you only go 3 or 4 days a week

ryanlemley1
02-20-07, 3:50 pm
Last night I had just finished up my 50 min cardio session, I'm dripping with sweat, completely exhausted, hugry, and tired, and what do I get? I get the comment from my wife "why don't you make any time for me anymore?" She said that she knew how important this lifestyle and diet was to me, but do you think she does, really? Not me!! Brothers that just got right under my skin and it finally hit me, no one understands this journey. At first I thought she did, but now, not so much. This is my time, my journey, my place in life to OVERCOME the obstacles that are in my way.
The life of an ANIMAL is eating, training, cardio, sleeping, then we repeat, sure work gets added in there along the way. We create this lifestyle for ourselves because we choose it. There are a select few that have chosen to be ANIMALS. We give everything we have to the iron. I know that dieting and training is a lonely road, but I do my best to make time. If it isn't good enough, then so what for now!! I started this diet at 212 six weeks ago, now I'm down to 198, maybe not as much as I should have lost by this point, but I like to take my dieting slow. This will continue until the final week of March. I may not be able to match many of you with size, but I can with heart. I've only been training seriously for about a year now, but I'll get there. I will reach my goal. TRAIN HARD.

Punisher
02-20-07, 4:00 pm
she has to understand that you are going to need her support when dieting for a competition, maybe you can try and get her involved in some way so that she doesn't feel like such an outsider. when people are involved in something they will support it more so have her maybe help you cook your meals or do cardio with you. she may have to live it a little bit in order to understand, once my girl started training and dieting and living the lifestyle in her own way she stopped complaining because she understood

speedster00
02-20-07, 4:08 pm
I have a 3yr old and one on the way. My wife knows the gym is part of me. She doesnt complain. But, My schedule is very flexible. I can go in late to work after an AM workout or leave early for PM workout. No one cares. I'm salaried. Right now I've been going on my lunch bread for about an 90 minutes. You'll figure out a way to make it happen. With a previous job, I got up at 5am to be back home at 7am in time for the wife to leave.

Giant Killer
02-20-07, 4:12 pm
search for post "Dating:and the war in the gym"--tons of encouragement along these lines

ryanlemley1
02-20-07, 4:19 pm
Thanks Punisher!! She does cook some of my meals and she always boils and cracks my eggs. I've lost count of how many I eat per week. I'm trying, I try to get her in the gym with me to train with me, to spot me, but I get the excuse of, "I can't lift the weight," but she doesn't understand that I don't want her there to lift the weight. I want her there to keep me motivated. You all understand that, I'm sure.

Powerfreak
02-20-07, 4:20 pm
I learned long ago that I can never be involved with someone who does not train or compete. I tried a few times and they just dont understand what it takes to be a competitive athlete. Actually me and my little"Bombshell" are heading out the door for the gym right now. I would not have it any other way.

ryanlemley1
02-20-07, 4:26 pm
That is kinda difficult for me, I'm married going on 3 years now, but she'll get used to it. She just has to adapt to this life. I am dedicated to this and her as well. She gets a little more into training, slowly, but surely. She wants a reason to look good, I thought I'd be a good enough reason, don't get me wrong she is the most beautiful woman in my life. But I don't think she gets that just yet.

waugie14
02-20-07, 4:58 pm
You just need to talk to her, this is how its gonna be for a few months. Let understand that afterwards during bulking there will always be time. You'll make up for it. Contest-prep has to be perfect.

Liftbig21
02-20-07, 5:09 pm
Hey bro...it's all about time managment.you try to explain to her ( which is impossible but do your best) how much the gym means to you and then make a deal with her and just compromise...Best wishes.

Punisher
02-20-07, 5:10 pm
no problem bro, itll take some time but once she catches the iron bug she will be into it and be with you every step of the way...if she starts training n taking care of herself now she will be wayy better off in the future...isn't that reason enough???? help her set her own goals when it comes to training, once she reaches a goal even if it is a small one she will be addicted, i think its safe to say it happened to pretty much everyone on this board

Punisher
02-20-07, 5:17 pm
Also if you werent expecting a child id say take her to the gym with you...

Toni69
02-20-07, 5:18 pm
I learned long ago that I can never be involved with someone who does not train or compete. I tried a few times and they just dont understand what it takes to be a competitive athlete. Actually me and my little"Bombshell" are heading out the door for the gym right now. I would not have it any other way.

what do you do if it started that way...the other half was supportive..even trained..then they just drop dead stop and expect you to stop too. When you dont stop the finger gets pointed back at you with "your selfish, your obsessed, it doesnt bring home a paycheck"...you cant imagine what I hear from the other half. In one ear and out the other for me. When struck upon the right cheek, I turn to him the other.

Punisher
02-20-07, 5:28 pm
what do you do if it started that way...the other half was supportive..even trained..then they just drop dead stop and expect you to stop too. When you dont stop the finger gets pointed back at you with "your selfish, your obsessed, it doesnt bring home a paycheck"...you cant imagine what I hear from the other half. In one ear and out the other for me. When struck upon the right cheek, I turn to him the other.

Why would you stop training, if it is something you really loved and something that made you look and feel better there is no reason to stop. you can still have a productive life and be in shape at the same time, being in shape will actually help you in all other aspects of life...maybe if you find his real reason for stopping training then you can help him get back into it, im sure youve tried before but its worth trying again

dbbeast
02-20-07, 6:13 pm
simple...kill her!

dude thats a useless post..the guy is asking for real advice so don't throw around pointless stuff like that.

JUGGERNAUT
02-20-07, 6:17 pm
dude thats a useless post..the guy is asking for real advice so don't throw around pointless stuff like that.

You beat me to saying that, thanks.

hjayss
02-21-07, 2:49 am
Alright, so lately my fiancee has been complaining about me going to the gym. I work nights (10pm-6am) and she gets off at 4, which is usually when I go to the gym. But now she's ragging on me, "Why do you always have to go to the gym! Why don't you take a day off and spend it with me!" and I can understand it because we are expecting a child in July, but do any of you have advice for me on how to handle this???

Same situation bro. I workout while she is at work when she gets home I sleep gets on here nerves but I am spending time with her ha ha ha . DOESNT WORK ALL THE TIME BUT I work the 11-7:30 a.m. schedule and I work out at home to so give her an oppertunity to decide if she wants you to buy this equipment or keep a gym membership which is the cheapest option.

Big Jawn
02-21-07, 3:01 am
Does your career allow for a job change? I know this sounds drastic, but at the most 6 hours a day spent with you family in such a important development period sounds difficult and potentially unhealthy. If you were able to find a job with similar hours too your wives then you wouldn't be lacking time for the gym and you'd have plenty of family time.

hjayss
02-21-07, 4:37 am
I got the old lady into tea boe hope i spelled it right. Now she understands why I do what I do. She understands and she knows her time is the weekend I now just lift during the weight I even tried the ttae boe with her to show interest you know. The thing they need to understand is you do it so you will be around longer especially the cardio you know. I use that it works until bulking is going on she has not figured how that works health wise.

Toni69
02-21-07, 6:25 am
Why would you stop training, if it is something you really loved and something that made you look and feel better there is no reason to stop. you can still have a productive life and be in shape at the same time, being in shape will actually help you in all other aspects of life...maybe if you find his real reason for stopping training then you can help him get back into it, im sure youve tried before but its worth trying again

Oh, I will never stop..but I have to deal with the consequences...meaning the insults, the remarks, the comments under his breadth, the faces, whatever else. I will not go into this anymore. I can just relate to many when they say the other half is not supportive or understanding of this lifestyle we all share. In my case, I just have to suck it up for now. My time will come where I won't have to stand by and listen to it anymore, like a puppy begging for a pat on the back.

Thanks for your response!

Nas
02-21-07, 6:35 am
You just need to talk to her, this is how its gonna be for a few months. Let understand that afterwards during bulking there will always be time. You'll make up for it. Contest-prep has to be perfect.

I occur, bro. We are educated Animals hence we can speak and communicate.
"The life of an ANIMAL is eating, training, cardio, sleeping" and ...protecting your tribe! This is why men are strong and women rely on them. Don't put BB and your wife in competition.
And a little tip for the road: women always want to diet every now and then. Try and diet together. You'll be stronger!

Later

Toni69
02-21-07, 6:43 am
I occur, bro. We are educated Animals hence we can speak and communicate.
"The life of an ANIMAL is eating, training, cardio, sleeping" and ...protecting your tribe! This is why men are strong and women rely on them. Don't put BB and your wife in competition.
And a little tip for the road: women always want to diet every now and then. Try and diet together. You'll be stronger!

Later

This was really nice advice...very comforting to see this Nas...very much so...if only it was this easy..for some.

Mr.Totality
02-21-07, 6:49 am
my wife and I have been together 10 years and married almost 7. she hates me going to the gym, however she knows that I wont stop and nothing will make me. So she has accepted it and doesnt give me anymore shit. We worked out a new schedule that she was happier with, and it turns out so was I.

Nas
02-21-07, 6:51 am
This was really nice advice...very comforting to see this Nas...very much so...if only it was this easy..for some.

Yeah Toni...know what you mean...
Sometimes if feel like an old orator wiht a long white beard:-)

Mr.Totality
02-21-07, 9:00 am
so I am not the only methusalah in here?

Mr.Totality
02-21-07, 9:02 am
sit down with her and workout a schedule. you do not want her to resent your training, so give her input on the schedule of it. stick to the plan that you both create. it will alleviate issues in the future. I have a 4 year old daughter, and my wife got frustrated with my schedule, so I had her help me set one. Now it is much better. She just wants some say

7707mutt
02-21-07, 9:19 am
Dude I have 2 sons and another child on the way. Be ready, your life is going to change and NOW she is expecting and needs you there. Take this advice: WHATEVER SHE ASKS THE ANSWER IS YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is hard it sucks the gym calls but she really needs you there and if this is her first child is probably scared shitless....Take the time to be with here.

Nas
02-21-07, 10:04 am
so I am not the only methusalah in here?

Oh, man! No you ain't :)

Hollow
02-21-07, 10:24 am
I was lucky like hjayss, my wife has gotten into 'tae bo' and dieting. She really loves it and has a clearer understanding of my workouts. Took a while though.

Anoby
02-21-07, 10:55 am
Last night I had just finished up my 50 min cardio session, I'm dripping with sweat, completely exhausted, hugry, and tired, and what do I get? I get the comment from my wife "why don't you make any time for me anymore?" She said that she knew how important this lifestyle and diet was to me, but do you think she does, really? Not me!! Brothers that just got right under my skin and it finally hit me, no one understands this journey. At first I thought she did, but now, not so much. This is my time, my journey, my place in life to OVERCOME the obstacles that are in my way.
The life of an ANIMAL is eating, training, cardio, sleeping, then we repeat, sure work gets added in there along the way. We create this lifestyle for ourselves because we choose it. There are a select few that have chosen to be ANIMALS. We give everything we have to the iron. I know that dieting and training is a lonely road, but I do my best to make time. If it isn't good enough, then so what for now!! I started this diet at 212 six weeks ago, now I'm down to 198, maybe not as much as I should have lost by this point, but I like to take my dieting slow. This will continue until the final week of March. I may not be able to match many of you with size, but I can with heart. I've only been training seriously for about a year now, but I'll get there. I will reach my goal. TRAIN HARD.
wow u dont even spend enough time with your wife and now ur gonna have a baby, just stop working out...

Punisher
02-21-07, 11:23 am
wow u dont even spend enough time with your wife and now ur gonna have a baby, just stop working out...

Hey bro we do not want negativity on this board if you do not want to help this guy out then don't say anything at all next time will result in an infraction so take this as a warning

ryanlemley1
02-21-07, 12:05 pm
thanks again Punisher!! We are family here! I take to heart seriously what you all say. Trust me when I say I don't put my wife and BB in competetion. There are many days when I miss my training to do something that she wants to do. i try my best!! Train hard!!

Hollow
02-21-07, 1:19 pm
There are many of us who had to give more then one workout for our wife or kids.

ryanlemley1
02-21-07, 3:08 pm
I know that, I'm sure that I'll miss many more as I get older. My wife and I begin a new Journey together this spring when we move down south. It is scary, because we know one couple there where we are going. It will be a difficult adjustment for us, but we'll make it.

speedster00
02-21-07, 5:07 pm
Dude- I have a 3 year old and my wife is 8 months pregnant. We have full time jobs and you know what? I still find time to train 4-5 days a week. I eat 6 times a day and still have a very full active family life. My wife is not into lifting. But she suports me.

How many people on this board actually compete? Very, very few. There is plenty of time in the day to dedicate to this lifestyle. But you dont have to let the lifestyle run you. If you want to train, you'll find the time.

Dingo
02-21-07, 5:44 pm
....you dont have to let the lifestyle run you. If you want to train, you'll find the time.

Nuff Said.

ryanlemley1
02-22-07, 9:34 am
i agreee, i thought i was making plenty of time..and all was well.....but i'll try to find more time. never had any problems before.

Dingo
02-22-07, 10:18 am
I work a 4/3 split, mon-thurs. im in the gym right after work... friday is her night,whatever she wants. sat i rest. sunday cardio only. besides that, since im not working then i have time to do everything else around the house (my girl loves it when i do house work with her) on the weekend.
I used to have tuesday and thursdays off when working retail hours. I treated those the same way i treat sat and sunday now.
It keeps the peace atleast for us.. haha

ryanlemley1
02-22-07, 10:51 am
i normally do a tuesday, thursday, saturday, sunday split. that has been working well for me, i think that once the wife does get motivated to do her own kind of training she'll understand more what i'm going through. when i'm not dieting, i'm different. i'm up for anything, if she wants to go out for pizza, burgers-fries, fancy dinner, whatever. but like many of you, i take this extremely seriously. Train hard!!

RIVERA
02-23-07, 8:14 pm
Anyonelse Feel girlfriends are sometimes more of a burden than a benefit. There are times when I fight with my girl and I can feel it hurt my training. Girls just don't get it!

k1usa
02-23-07, 8:33 pm
they can get you down bro....only if you let it happen. If they do not support your dreams...then its time to either stop dreaming..."fuck that": or find someone that will dream with you and walk with you on the journey.....its that simple bro...but hang in man....keep lifting and keep the animal alive

mack84
02-23-07, 8:34 pm
Your doin it all wrong then man. When ever i use to fight with my girl i would have the best workout ever. Use the anger you gain on the weight. man i miss that girl, it was the best gains i have to date.....

Shark
02-23-07, 8:43 pm
I feel ya bro. It's like you don't even have to think about it while training. You just feel weaker and sluggish. it can be a million miles from your mind but you still know it's affecting you. I'm going through that shit right now.

asilab
02-23-07, 8:54 pm
Don't let anyone get you down, if you are determined & dedicated thats all that matters. You do this for YOU & noone else. There are many posts on this forum about "my girl this" & "my girl that" if people don't support your decision than maybe you should reconsider your current situation IMO. Hope this helps. Keep your head in it & push on! Good Luck

Testpolska
02-23-07, 8:57 pm
It depends man. You don't have to find a girl that supports what you do 100 percent. Just find one that dosen't mind it. Unless you argue all day everyday, girlfriends are worth it. Someone to talk to, but most importantly they satisfy your sexual needs.

RIVERA
02-23-07, 8:58 pm
I appreciate the support fellas. Your definitely right about using the anger as fuel. I guess in a way I've forgotten that sometimes you just got to be selfish to truly reach your full potential. Tommorow will be a new day. Appreciate it iron brothers.

RedIron 392
02-23-07, 9:43 pm
They can be a pain in the ass! It starts off real well and the next thing you know you have to listen to all the petty bullshit going on in their lives. Then after a workout they show up at your house and keep you up all night even after you tell them NOT to show up becouse you need to sleep. I was going with a gal that worked at the gym and she didn't even get it. I haven't dated for 6 months and have been fine with it,but I buckled tonight. A gal at the gym has been giving me the smile and wave every time we are there together for the last few weeks and I broke down and talked to her tonight. She came back to do squats after I finished and we had a conversation. I hope I can stand strong. I'm a sucker for a gal that squats!

Later

Ant918
02-23-07, 9:58 pm
I think girls are a real pain in the ass...They can make you feel like a million bucks and then 5 minutes later make you feel like dirt and I hate that. Ive been havin some problems lately and lets just say for the past 2 weeks if it wasnt for AnimalPak I dont know how I would have gotten this far...Strength and Honor

MFALCH
02-24-07, 12:36 am
My girlfriend is extremely supportive of my training. I don't know if I would be as strong as I am not if it wasn't for her. I suffered a bad drop over the summer, and then had a lot of shitty lifting until november.

After that she gave me a good stern talking to, and helped me realize how much I missed the iron. It took me about 3 months but I got all my strength back and more.

bobbyj654
02-24-07, 2:04 am
Wow, you guys must have alot of trouble with women

I dont understand why, I dont understand why your guys attitude is so negative toward them, I guess it kinda depends on the guy, but you just gotta be more sensitive toward them, you have to understand them, I mean, thats just the way I am, dont know about you guys

Northman
02-24-07, 2:10 am
Hey, you guys are doing it all wrong. I was having trouble (she said I wasn't spending enough time with her and she felt like the gym was my true mistress), so I started to spend more time with her. I brought her to the gym!. Now this did take some effort as my gym is "hardcore" and can smell funny in the basement, some of the guys are scary, and the music is awsome (loud metal); but it was worth it because I now get her to put weight on the bar and strip[ it off whenever I need it! Isn't she awsome!

Toni69
02-24-07, 3:58 am
Now, I am not saying this cause I am a female, but let's hold off a bit from the female bashing...some men are not so great either. From my own experience, my other half is just horrible in regard to my lifestyle and training. When we met, he was in fantastic shape, we met in a gym for goodness sake, were training partners..then work got a bit busy for him, he became less interested in training, as I became more so..training for competitions and all.

Because of his lack of interest and passion for the sport, he began to knock me and try to discourage me by giving me the hardest time you can imagine. You cannot imagine what I go through everyday when I come home from the gym. However, he is so predicatable now, I have the who scene played out, and I, like the star of the show, act my part and suck it up, for the time being.

If your other half is not supportive and brings you down that much, than cut her off and move on. Not all girls are that way...remember women who dont train like we do, do not really understand why we are the way we are, like we don't understand why one may play dungeons and dragons all day or spend hours upon hours shopping for clothes and never buy a darn thing.

If its that bad, dont complain about it...do what you have to do and move on. In my case, well I am married..its not so easy to walk away, so I have to take the insults and the comments with a grain of salt.

MassManiac
02-24-07, 4:18 am
Ha man, even my EX discourages me. I don't really give a shit what she says about my lifestyle but she always puts me in my place... "You're parents are tiny" "You're not meant to get big, and you probably never will" "You're a lot huskier (not bigger or more muscular) than when we dated" "Why do you waste your money on all those weight gaining pills? If you can't do it naturally then you're not meant to grow" etc etc...

Unfortunately, it brings me back to the mirror... where once again I'm faced with Muscle Dysmorphia. Try to ignore it but that shit just eats me alive. Luckily it also lights my fire, making me train harder, eat more, and cheat on my diet less.

hjayss
02-24-07, 7:25 am
Now, I am not saying this cause I am a female, but let's hold off a bit from the female bashing...some men are not so great either. From my own experience, my other half is just horrible in regard to my lifestyle and training. When we met, he was in fantastic shape, we met in a gym for goodness sake, were training partners..then work got a bit busy for him, he became less interested in training, as I became more so..training for competitions and all.

Because of his lack of interest and passion for the sport, he began to knock me and try to discourage me by giving me the hardest time you can imagine. You cannot imagine what I go through everyday when I come home from the gym. However, he is so predicatable now, I have the who scene played out, and I, like the star of the show, act my part and suck it up, for the time being.

If your other half is not supportive and brings you down that much, than cut her off and move on. Not all girls are that way...remember women who dont train like we do, do not really understand why we are the way we are, like we don't understand why one may play dungeons and dragons all day or spend hours upon hours shopping for clothes and never buy a darn thing.

If its that bad, dont complain about it...do what you have to do and move on. In my case, well I am married..its not so easy to walk away, so I have to take the insults and the comments with a grain of salt.
Nice to have a female perspective. I agree go around it if you can me and my wife have our day at least two times a week I take my shock therapy get ready got a good pump and bam bayby spend time with me blah blah blah.. brothers that is a waste of pump she wins just workout after she is sleep and yeah she will go to sleep ha ha ha ha .

Powerfreak
02-24-07, 11:08 am
I am lucky I guess. My Girlfriend is also a powerlifter and definitely supports me and my training, she is into the lifestyle 100% and is just as hardcore as anyone in the gym and pushes more weight than alot of the guys.
You can check out her training journal, she posts under the name Bombshell.

Big Rich
02-24-07, 11:15 am
My wife doesn't like my girlfriend...
Go figure.

RIVERA
02-24-07, 12:15 pm
You guys crack me up. As far as Red Iron, bro go for it. Just let her know what the deal is before anything takes off between you too. I took some of the advice of you brothers last night and talked to my lady. 2 hours later she said she wanted to watch me lift and get into it herself. Damn I love this girl. Things are looking up.

Jay the SAVAGE
02-24-07, 12:19 pm
Your doin it all wrong then man. When ever i use to fight with my girl i would have the best workout ever. Use the anger you gain on the weight. man i miss that girl, it was the best gains i have to date.....

I agree.. Women give me that extra burst of energy on those last 2-3 reps.

Kiwi129
02-24-07, 12:23 pm
My girlfriend is pretty supportive actually. We get along great and she just understands that this is what I like to do and she helps me out as much as possible. Stops going out to eat so much, chills with me when I'm eating, and listens to all my blabbering about supplements and such. I like her a lot... but if we ever did break up she'd probably start giving me shit about it heh... just to try to get under my skin. She knows I've gotten bigger though so she's got nothin on me really.

Toni69
02-24-07, 12:28 pm
Go figure.

This is hilarious...does this mean I can have a boyfriend then? Any volunteers here? LOL

Toni69
02-24-07, 12:29 pm
My girlfriend is pretty supportive actually. We get along great and she just understands that this is what I like to do and she helps me out as much as possible. Stops going out to eat so much, chills with me when I'm eating, and listens to all my blabbering about supplements and such. I like her a lot... but if we ever did break up she'd probably start giving me shit about it heh... just to try to get under my skin. She knows I've gotten bigger though so she's got nothin on me really.

This is nice to hear...whenever I start talking about supps or the anything pertaining to training..my upcoming show, he saus to me with the most un-amused face, "do I look lke your training buddy?"
God...that makes me so furious...hence why I am always here talking with all you wonderful people.

Big Brad
02-24-07, 12:36 pm
Well guys i found a girl who supports me lifting everyday. she doesnt want me getting huge though. She likes the muscle but freeks out as she watches me grow. We barely ever fight but when we do i use that agression and put it into the weights. The guys at the gym know when me and my girl have fought cause they can tell in my lifting at the gym. peace

nawaaz
02-24-07, 12:51 pm
Y'all know what? I've previously been single and looking. I'll keep being single, but won't look anymore. lol

nawaaz

Mr.Totality
02-24-07, 2:06 pm

agreed eventually you just gotta forget it all. When my wife bitches about my training (not too frequent anymore btw) I just reply "I see your lips moving, but I dont hear you saying nothing".

peterpyper
02-24-07, 2:23 pm
This is hilarious...does this mean I can have a boyfriend then? Any volunteers here? LOL

toni i wanna take u out one day hahahhaa

Toni69
02-24-07, 2:25 pm
Let the games begin!!!

RIVERA
02-24-07, 2:50 pm
Here's a scenario for you brothers and sister (toni). My girl is cool with my training and is, for the most part, supportive. She lives with a couple of other girls and they were having a party last night. I had a hard day of training and needed to get some sleep, so I went to bed and she soon followed. About 2 hours later, some drunk ****** bag starts banging on her room door and being loud. I opened the door to see what his problem was and he tried to take a swing at me and spit in my face. So I kindly put his head through the drywall. And after all this mess, she gets up and hits me and says that I am an asshole and that the Animal supplements are making me an angry monster. Ain't this a bitch!, I said. So me being angry has nothing to do with him hitting me or spitting in my face? To her, I'm an asshole. Go Figure.

xenrus
02-24-07, 2:55 pm
If your girl does not understand what sport means to you ,than i dont envy you.The right person will understand anything and take it as it is , however you should not forget about her feelings and her interests as well.Everybody knows that men are men and you cant do anything about it , however equality must remain in relationships.
Peace brothers and special thanks to all the girls out there!I love you all :)

Toni69
02-24-07, 3:00 pm
you probably didnt have to put his face through a wall, you could have maybe wrestled him out of your place, but I do understand. For her to say the Animal supps are driving you mad..like saying your in a steroidal rage..just shows how little she knows. Its typical for someone to say..oh, your taking all these supps, so your not natural...they affect the way you act...blah, blah, blah. People just have no clue.

I wouldnt break up with her over this, but I would set it straight to her the position you were in and it had nothing to do with supps your taking.

My situation is different..my husband was happy when I injured my back. He thought it would stop me altogether from training. It stunned the hell out of him to see me training to begin with while in so much pain, so I dont know why he thought an MRI would stop me.

My next show...June..he is really making it hard for me to focus and do what I have to do..but I manage. We all manage the best we can. I admire all of you that have jobs and still make time to train..this is highly admirable.

indestructiblepride
02-24-07, 4:00 pm
Barischeg, u speak with a lot of anger in your heart man. your words are offensive . only a small person can write somethin to such extent. Listen bro, cheer up and realize that gym is not the only thing in the world.

p.s. get yourself laid homie

asilab
02-24-07, 4:02 pm
Don't let anyone get you down, if you are determined & dedicated thats all that matters. You do this for YOU & noone else. There are many posts on this forum about "my girl this" & "my girl that" if people don't support your decision than maybe you should reconsider your current situation IMO. Hope this helps. Keep your head in it & push on! Good Luck

If your girl does not understand what sport means to you ,than i dont envy you.The right person will understand anything and take it as it is , however you should not forget about her feelings and her interests as well.Everybody knows that men are men and you cant do anything about it , however equality must remain in relationships.
Peace brothers and special thanks to all the girls out there!I love you all :)

Toni, us girls are finally gettin some love in here, thanks xenrus! ;)

Everyone has so many different opinions on how to deal with your "partner" not supporting what you do. I said it before Do this for You & noone else. Sometimes you have to reevaluate your current relationship status, if the person means a lot to you & it's worth working things out then compromise, if not move on. Everyone deserves happiness & remember there comes a time in your life when you learn that the only person that will always be there for you is YOU!

Ironpsycho
02-24-07, 4:06 pm
First of all, and this is just my opinion but if i was in your situation i would dump her if she gives you that much shit about the gym, because with lifting and dieiting and all the stress you put on your body and your adrenal system the only way you will grow is if you can relax and be able to do this with support. if your going home and arguing with your girl all the time your gonna be killing your gains, but a really good idea and this is what i do, whenever your off days are mine change but if its a weekend just invite a girl over say your gonna cook her dinner which isnt hard cause you have to eat anyway and it takes out the hassle of going somewhere and knowing that you have to cheat on your diet, and then after dinner just chill and watch a movie and then your set....

RedIron 392
02-24-07, 4:45 pm
It seems this isn't really about girlfriends,but about relationships. Men and women both deal with the same trials and tribulations. I don't believe a relationship gives anyone the right of ownership and people need to have their own interests and be allowed to persue them and be supported. Being joined at the hip is not the most healthy way to live. I would hate to spend my life with someone exactly like myself. It would get very boring. Most problems can be resolved by talking about them when they come up and not keeping it in and letting it fester. Some things can't be resolved.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I am bashing women. Sometimes I might do that to hide the pain. Lisa and I dated for two and a half years and wanted to get married, but she lived in Missouri and I live in Illinois. We were 78 miles apart and I couldn't move over there becouse I needed to be somewhat close to my dad and she couldn't move over here for the same reasons. We couldn't find a solution and split. That was a year and a half ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about her and miss her. Maybe someday we will be together again. That's life and that is just one of the many things we live with in our quest to be the best that we can with what we have to live with.

Toni69
02-24-07, 4:54 pm
I am really sorry about your situation. Relationships are just so hard...love sucks! LOL...but the iron never fails us huh. I was really down today and hitting the gym made me feel a whole lot better. It does not fill the void, but it sure helps pass the time and to cope with the bones life throws at us.

Gmoney
02-24-07, 5:00 pm
Don't let them become a burden. They should know by now that you train almost every day of the week. If they were cool they would leave you alone because it means alot to you and it is something you will NEVER give up. She stays or she goes, her choice. I am not changing who I am for some broad. My girl is cool about it and checks to see if I have gone to the gym every day.

asilab
02-24-07, 6:02 pm
It seems this isn't really about girlfriends,but about relationships. Men and women both deal with the same trials and tribulations. I don't believe a relationship gives anyone the right of ownership and people need to have their own interests and be allowed to persue them and be supported. Being joined at the hip is not the most healthy way to live. I would hate to spend my life with someone exactly like myself. It would get very boring. Most problems can be resolved by talking about them when they come up and not keeping it in and letting it fester. Some things can't be resolved.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I am bashing women. Sometimes I might do that to hide the pain. Lisa and I dated for two and a half years and wanted to get married, but she lived in Missouri and I live in Illinois. We were 78 miles apart and I couldn't move over there becouse I needed to be somewhat close to my dad and she couldn't move over here for the same reasons. We couldn't find a solution and split. That was a year and a half ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about her and miss her. Maybe someday we will be together again. That's life and that is just one of the many things we live with in our quest to be the best that we can with what we have to live with.

Sorry about your relationship sometimes it's difficult when you want something to work out so bad. No need to apologize either, we all have hardships in our lives when it comes to relationships after all were only human. It's reassuring to know that guys have a heart, spread the love! ;)

Padre
02-24-07, 6:18 pm
Nope.

Forget it.

I'm not touching this topic at all.

Speaking from a married point of view, (8 years).... :)

MFALCH
02-24-07, 10:03 pm
Here's a scenario for you brothers and sister (toni). My girl is cool with my training and is, for the most part, supportive. She lives with a couple of other girls and they were having a party last night. I had a hard day of training and needed to get some sleep, so I went to bed and she soon followed. About 2 hours later, some drunk ****** bag starts banging on her room door and being loud. I opened the door to see what his problem was and he tried to take a swing at me and spit in my face. So I kindly put his head through the drywall. And after all this mess, she gets up and hits me and says that I am an asshole and that the Animal supplements are making me an angry monster. Ain't this a bitch!, I said. So me being angry has nothing to do with him hitting me or spitting in my face? To her, I'm an asshole. Go Figure.

Don't break your own shit breaking some other asshole. Never worth it. Just pick him up and move him out of the house. It would probably be really light reps for you.

RIVERA
02-24-07, 10:08 pm
haha appreciate it MFALCH. I am usually a more composed person, but I don't let anyone spit in my face. People have been killed for much less.

Freakshow
02-24-07, 10:16 pm
God, I must be the luckiest guy in the world...

My girlfriend is real cool about my interests and passions. I dont think she understands why I spend so much money on food and supps, but she doesnt complain to me about, she encourages me to do what I need to do to reach my goals. She is cool about my training and eating habits and the time I have to devote to both...hell, she even comes to the gym with me sometimes, and shes a hell of a cook as well, so she helps me with my diet alot too. Wouldnt trade her for the world.

dragondad
02-25-07, 1:56 am
Go figure.

Thats freakin funny. My wifes great, but after 20yrs, holy cow, I don't even keep cars that long! Now I'm just kidd'n Toni. My wife is great and supports me at every turn and makes sure I have all the right food and time I need to lift. Couldn't ask for anything more...... except maybe the winning lotto numbers.

Toni69
02-25-07, 4:50 am
Thats freakin funny. My wifes great, but after 20yrs, holy cow, I don't even keep cars that long! Now I'm just kidd'n Toni. My wife is great and supports me at every turn and makes sure I have all the right food and time I need to lift. Couldn't ask for anything more...... except maybe the winning lotto numbers.

I am really happy to hear about some of you having great relationships to mesh with your training regimen and just daily life situations in general. Freakshow and dragondad, your some cool dudes and know I always wish you guys the best and everyone else here too for that matter. For those of us, including myself, that are not quite there yet, as far being in a healthy, loving relationship, our time will come..for now...your all stuck with me then! LOL

brutal
02-25-07, 8:12 pm
RIVERA, glad you talked to your lady. Having a girlfriend can definitely be a blessing in this game, but it can sure be a thorn in your ass too.

I've been with my girl for a year and a half. When we started to get serious, I told her she could be my mistress cause the iron was my lady. She thought I was kidding, but the joke was on her. She's behind me about 95 percent of the time, helping me cook, doing my dirty gym laundry, and making sure I hit the gym. She's started to get into the life too, so it makes it easier.

Sometimes, though, she'll roll her eyes when I sit down to eat or I tell her I'm going to the gym. Make sure you balance your time bro, don't neglect your lady and her needs, even if you're putting the iron first, which is what you need to be doing if you're committed.

PS, you guys are hilarious.

RIVERA
02-25-07, 8:26 pm
Yea it's definitely hard sometimes to balance the time, but it is a work in progress. Thanks for the advice brutal

The Fate
03-07-07, 3:26 pm
For about a year and a half i have been 100% dedicated to this sport, and for about 16 months I've been dating this girl. In the beginning of our relationship she was fine with what I do (I bring my meals to parties, on the road, on dates, wherever, I never will/have missed). She understood it and seemed to root me on (fake or not, i dont know). She recently moved away to college, still in the same state as me, but a good 400 miles away. Now she is telling me it bugs her how i always carry my food with me, and she is scared to talk about a future with me because she thinks that when she cooks dinner for me when we live together, I wont be able to eat it...Now I'm head over heals for this girl, it would be so easy to blow her off if i wasn't...and obviously quiting BBing isnt an option because I wont change who i am for a girl (for anything really)...what do i do guys?

The Fate
03-07-07, 3:28 pm
She also thinks Im completely selfish for what I do, but in reality, my BBing isnt just for my gain, Im a police officer, and size and strength is what is going to bring me home safely every night

welshwarrior
03-07-07, 3:38 pm
Man, as much as I hate to say it, you have to compromise to make a relationship work. I'm not talkin about you completely giving up BBing (thats crazy talk) but both you and your GF need to make changes if you want shit to work out. Like maybe dont eat soooooooo clean and maybe she can make BB friendly food, you know just little things.
You dont have to take my advice since I'm only 18 but its kinda true

The Fate
03-07-07, 3:44 pm
im only 19 myself, but i guess im a "mature" 19...i already have my career going, im a 270lb bbing cop at 19, my life (god willing) is pretty much set, i know we are talking a little to quickly about futures, but my real "grown-up" life i guess you can call it, is already started...i dont know, im just confused, and i hate going into the gym at night with shit on my shoulders besides iron...the iron is enough to weigh me down, i dont need other stuff

Hikeon3
03-07-07, 4:21 pm
I can't give advice on these things anymore. My ex is a lesbian. So I think I did something really, really wrong.

ghost
03-07-07, 4:28 pm
God, I must be the luckiest guy in the world...

My girlfriend is real cool about my interests and passions. I dont think she understands why I spend so much money on food and supps, but she doesnt complain to me about, she encourages me to do what I need to do to reach my goals. She is cool about my training and eating habits and the time I have to devote to both...hell, she even comes to the gym with me sometimes, and shes a hell of a cook as well, so she helps me with my diet alot too. Wouldnt trade her for the world.

im in the same boat as you brother...my girlfriend LOVES my workouts.. shit, she calls me in the mornings to make sure i am awake and training. not too long ago, she ran over to my apartment to get me some clothes for the weekend, and called when she was there asking what supplements i would need, and if i wanted her to go buy a new tub of protein for her house.
and she has me training the girls on her swim team.

i fell in love right then and there. lol.

Argos
03-07-07, 4:38 pm
I know how you feel about the whole situation I had the same with one of my past girlfriends...at first was cool and then like a switch she changed. All I can say is you have to do what you think is right...don't let anyone change you and stick to your guns. Life sucks and you are going to have to learn it sooner or later and you need someone that will stick with you through thick and thin, and not bullshit you.

But if she is the one...here are some ideas for her...
-if you are this dedicated to lifting then there is no time for other women so
cheating is out
-since she is afraid that you won't eat her meals tell her you will cook...make sure what you make is edible for both of you. My wife loves this and I quote "any man that can cook is a keeper" her words
-explain why you are doing it " Im a police officer, and size and strength is what is going to bring me home safely every night"...if she doesn't understand that then drop her.

I tell you more but I got to go...

For the pain...

Hardcore23
03-07-07, 4:41 pm
Damn I Wish You Guys Understood Sometimes... I'm A 23 Year Old Female Who Trains Just As Hard As The Guy Next To Me.... My Husband Is A Body Builder.. We Piss Each Other Off Especially When Both Of Us Are Getting Ready For A Show At The Same Time.... It Works Both Ways... After We Clear Our Gym Out Is When We Take It Out Onthe Weights To See Whose More Pissed Off Than The Other... When Its All Said And Done With...both Of Us Have Come Out On Top And Then We Go Our Own Way.... Channel Your Frustration In The Gym Better Yet Make Her Work Out With You Once Or Twice... Then She Can Get A Good Look At The Mental Discipline You Have To Have!! Remember You Choose To Let Her Bring You Down And Hurt Your Training... You Got Control Over Your Emotions!!

Machine
03-07-07, 4:43 pm
Here comes another one of those cruel to be kind moments. You owe one person in this life...YOU. You dont owe anyone an explanation for who you are or what you do...you are not married and are not obligated to take shit about anything. If there are problems now...there will be tenfold later. Besides...you cant win a championship without a deep bench...dont put all your eggs in one basket. Stay focused and stay true to yourself and your goals. There is another one around the corner who wil support you and sacrfice whatever she has to to help you succeed...because she will know that your pride is her pride...and your victories are hers as well. Do not settle for less than you want...it becomes a habit.

MACHINE

Hardcore23
03-07-07, 4:51 pm
But Do You Understand That You Choose To Let Her Hurt Your Training.... Im The Same Boat Just The Opposite Though... My Husband Is A Body Builder In Fact The Best In Our Home State.. He However Thinks I Can't Hack It... I Don't Give A Damn What He Thinks, Cause Truthfully He Knows I Can And Sees That I Am.... Channel Your Frustration To The Gym... Better Yet, If She Doesn't Know What You Have To Go Through Menatlly.. Take Her To The Gym With You And Let Her Try It Herself With You!!!

iron_arms
03-07-07, 9:36 pm
whine whine whine, so your women doesn't want you to hit the gym so hard and so often. Tell her to get a life and worry about herself as much as she does you.

sound harsh? well man, if she's the right one for you she'll understand.

Mr.Totality
03-07-07, 9:53 pm
whine whine whine, so your women doesn't want you to hit the gym so hard and so often. Tell her to get a life and worry about herself as much as she does you.

sound harsh? well man, if she's the right one for you she'll understand.

spoken like a single guy?

in all honesty you need to learn t adjust schedules. It is our ability to compromise that truly makes us animals.

k1usa
03-07-07, 10:30 pm
guess Im just lucky...my girl does support my efforts in the gym.....no problemo with that.....ya just have to set it down whats important with your personal goals....to be an animal...means being a good man...but at the same time....an honest man to your gal about what you want to do with your life...

Aengus
03-08-07, 12:10 am
Here comes another one of those cruel to be kind moments. You owe one person in this life...YOU. You dont owe anyone an explanation for who you are or what you do...you are not married and are not obligated to take shit about anything. If there are problems now...there will be tenfold later. Besides...you cant win a championship without a deep bench...dont put all your eggs in one basket. Stay focused and stay true to yourself and your goals. There is another one around the corner who wil support you and sacrfice whatever she has to to help you succeed...because she will know that your pride is her pride...and your victories are hers as well. Do not settle for less than you want...it becomes a habit.

MACHINE

I am really happy to hear about some of you having great relationships to mesh with your training regimen and just daily life situations in general. Freakshow and dragondad, your some cool dudes and know I always wish you guys the best and everyone else here too for that matter. For those of us, including myself, that are not quite there yet, as far being in a healthy, loving relationship, our time will come..for now...your all stuck with me then! LOL

This is the lonliest life a person could possibly choose. I have full support from my fiance, and full support from all my friends. But it is like a child offering to help Atlas hold the world. When there are hundreds of pounds of iron on the floor, no amount of cheering is going to lift that bar. These people bolster our will, our lives, and our sense of purpose, but I have never met anyone besides you guys that understands. I have yet to see my fire in their eyes, my mania in their workouts. I have seen some pretty good bodybuilders come my way, but they don't look like I do in the mirror...I look like I am hungry. It is always just me against me. The battle is in my head and my heart, one meal, one lift, one day at a time.

Toni, Machine is right.
I may be young, but I have learned some important things. I know that we and the iron are your catharsis. But this, as you know, is a big problem you are shouldering, and the insecurities and jealousies of others are not your burden to bear. You are in the presence of people who understand, and I don't think there is a single heterosexual male on this forum who wouldn't give a bodypart to have a date with you; no worries on what will happen should you choose to end your situation and find another man. Love is a powerful reason to work things out, and it is never an easy taskmaster. Regardless of your ultimate decision, you deserve at the very least respect. Do whatever you need to get it, and let us know if we can help.

G Diesel
03-08-07, 10:42 am

MACHINE

Like usual my boy is right on point... There are several billion out there and finding the right one is an arduous process. The one who is really down for the cause will be the one who takes shit to heart as it pertains to you even more personally than you do yourself, the one who is more protective of your image and rep and standing in the world than even you are. Never settle. Peace, G

Bulldozin727
03-08-07, 12:19 pm
Like usual my boy is right on point... There are several billion out there and finding the right one is an arduous process. The one who is really down for the cause will be the one who takes shit to heart as it pertains to you even more personally than you do yourself, the one who is more protective of your image and rep and standing in the world than even you are. Never settle. Peace, G

Hell Yeah G, good call. The funny thing is that when you stop looking for her is usually when you will find her. These things have a way of working themselves out. Be Easy, Peace~ Nick

rev8ball
03-08-07, 12:41 pm
Let me fill you guys in on something that I thought wasn't a secret:

Having a dumb fuck, unsupportive, negative shit spewing, pain in the ass, as a "Friend" does not discriminate when it comes to gender. I have had people like this from both sexes in my life, and I've dropped them like a bad habit as fast as possible.

Don't associate with losers, otherwise you will be one. Focus on your own personal success, and when you're ready to deal with others, deal only with the like-minded.

G Diesel
03-08-07, 12:52 pm
Let me fill you guys in on something that I thought wasn't a secret:

Having a dumb fuck, unsupportive, negative shit spewing, pain in the ass, as a "Friend" does not discriminate when it comes to gender. I have had people like this from both sexes in my life, and I've dropped them like a bad habit as fast as possible.

Don't associate with losers, otherwise you will be one. Focus on your own personal success, and when you're ready to deal with others, deal only with the like-minded.

Well said rev8... Good post. Peace, G

speedster00
03-08-07, 2:11 pm
You guys and gals have to get some one supportive....or you'll never be where you want to be in any thing. Not just lifting. My wife doesnt lift....but you know what? She supports everything I do. Its a two way street people. I've been married nearly 6 years. We understand each other. She doesnt question me when I buy $75 in protein, and I dont question her when she buys $75 in make-up. There has to be a middle ground or you WILL be second guessing yourself and unhappy through out your life/relationship. Your other half doesnt have to have your interest.....they just have to support it....

brewer
03-11-07, 9:39 am
Yeah I really don't know how to put it any other way - All of us have g/f's and we all know g/f's have pasts. Some of them are fucked up, some of them are just boring. In my case ..... fucked up. Is it wrong for us to care about someone we love? I know as a lifter having a girl and lifting AND working/school is a full time job - I dont have time for b/s. Well my girl broke up with her ex about 3 months ago and yeah Ive had all thew words .. "You made me the luckiest girl on earth, im so happy to be in your life ... blah blah". Yet get this brothers, she likes to bring up things she has done in the past with ex b/f's .... yeah you guessed it .. THAT shit. So why she tells me one thing, she likes to remind me of her past. AND GET THIS her ex ... she has been over his house 3x's in the past month to "get her stuff" that shit left there ... always something else... and the kid is a fucking loser - for ONE he doesn't lift, parties his ass off and is a fucking flamer. But get this, I KNOW he still calls her and that they talk, and she is still REAL good friends with his best friend .... my brothers ... we all have felt love and attachment ... but is it time to let go?

LET ME BREAK IT DOWN

I just want your fucking opinion ... i mean ... after about 2 months of dating ... she considers us "friends" ... we've done more then "friends" should do my brothers ... and she has said things that mean alot more then friends ...

Im just ranting ... cuz im hittin the weights .. only way I can handle this bullshit ... only fucking way

Paparue
03-11-07, 11:42 am
well from what you've said. i would say goodbye to her. you've only been going out for 2 months and you dont need the drama or stress

dont settle for less than what you want or deserve

ghost
03-11-07, 11:57 am
3 words.

ditch the bitch

seems like she is just holding you back brother. just my 2cents..

billmd1334
03-11-07, 12:24 pm
bro... there are two kinds of people in this life... one's that bring you up... and one's that bring you down. In this lifestyle that we live, you don't need the latter of the two. She sounds like exactly that... if she's causing you drama now, imagine how it'll be after 6 months, or a year... cut your losses and move on. There's someone out there who won't be filled with the drama she's bringing you.

waugie14
03-11-07, 12:25 pm
First, she's gone in my book. Second, if she wants to be FF's then so be it.

The Razorback
03-11-07, 4:49 pm
Life is complicated enough I would get rid of her its hard to do but you gotta do whats right for you in the long run. Thiers plenty of women out thier but finding a good one is hard but use all that pissed of rage in the gym.

asaint
03-11-07, 5:56 pm
ya you dont need that fuckin broad in your life. 2 months aint shit, let her go and find someone else.

spartan300
03-11-07, 6:07 pm
Easier said than done! Its obvious you still have feelings for this girl I would suggest you take a more subtle approach and don't sweat her on the small stuff. Nobody likes an overbearing neanderthal. If things don't workout, they don't workout. It wouldn't hurt to be a little more aloof when she discusses ex's.

NumeroUno
03-11-07, 6:47 pm
She knows that talking to ex's is not an "ok" thing to do. Common sense right there. If she is doing it especially behind your back, I say give her the boot. You don't need no girl playin' you.

-Daniel

darkside64
03-11-07, 7:03 pm
dude give her a bukkake and then drop her. HAHA. I'm sorry I have never been in a serious relationship before

Ratch
03-11-07, 8:11 pm
Get rid of her and her b.s., bro.

Arbalest
03-11-07, 11:27 pm
Is she 5'4", blonde, and have an ass to die for??!

If so, sounds like my ex... dump her! she is crazy... ;)

seriously... get rid of her

sjchris408
03-11-07, 11:29 pm
As someone whos been thru that exact type of situation let me break it down for you. She mentions her ex to make you jealous, the last thing you wanna do is be "aloof" about it, you HAVE to call her on that shit. As a matter of fact, the next time she says ANYTHING about her ex you need to put your foot down and let her know that if she ever mentions him again even once its over. Your the man in her life now, not him, and if she sees things different then its done. Now I know your thinking "well chris if I do that she might break up with me". If thats the case she never loved you, and if she does love u then not only will she stop but she will respect you more. And please do yourself a favor and dont buy the "oh hes my friend still we just talk", she has her girlfriends for "talking" theres no reason for her to even say a word to him. To be quite honest though, everything in your post sounds like a red flag that she could be talking to other guys or worse.If you're like most guys you probably wont listen but since your a fellow brother of mine I hope for your sake you will.

Tron
03-12-07, 12:51 am
Women are great... until they start driving you crazy.

Maccabee
03-12-07, 12:59 am
I went through a similiar thing a while back. Me and this girl were doin shit like we aint friends, but she was always playing around. One second she calls me her best friend and then her bf. I was like wtf is going on here. One day she is supportin me and the other not.

Basically bro make your point clear to her of what you want and what your looking for. If she cant handle what you want and support you then get rid of her cause she wont do you any good. However maybe she got the idea of just being fuck buddies with you. People have those. Good luck to ya.

Fury317
03-12-07, 1:00 am
dude stress causes catabolism. ditch her. girls cause problems

mitsie
03-12-07, 6:15 am
As someone whos been thru that exact type of situation let me break it down for you. She mentions her ex to make you jealous, the last thing you wanna do is be "aloof" about it, you HAVE to call her on that shit. As a matter of fact, the next time she says ANYTHING about her ex you need to put your foot down and let her know that if she ever mentions him again even once its over. Your the man in her life now, not him, and if she sees things different then its done. Now I know your thinking "well chris if I do that she might break up with me". If thats the case she never loved you, and if she does love u then not only will she stop but she will respect you more. And please do yourself a favor and dont buy the "oh hes my friend still we just talk", she has her girlfriends for "talking" theres no reason for her to even say a word to him. To be quite honest though, everything in your post sounds like a red flag that she could be talking to other guys or worse.If you're like most guys you probably wont listen but since your a fellow brother of mine I hope for your sake you will.

Being a women I have to agree with you. I would like to add however you are emotionally involved otherwise you would have dumped her long ago so now it becomes more difficult. So try to seperate the physical fom the emotional. To see how you realy feel. As for the girl she might just be 1) playing you, to make ex jealous, 2) be insecure in your relationship and be hanging on to ex as plan "b" 3) is a plain hussy.
A bit of advise next time take time to know her before you bag her.Old fashion but it saves a lot of crap and time.

The Razorback
03-12-07, 12:38 pm
At what point do you go from just seeing each other to being in a relationship? Like how long a few weeks a few months? At what point does it become serious enough were you shouldn't talk to other girls?

asilab
03-12-07, 12:56 pm
At what point do you go from just seeing each other to being in a relationship? Like how long a few weeks a few months? At what point does it become serious enough were you shouldn't talk to other girls?

IMO I honestly don't think timing has much to do with it. You both have to know what's right for each of you & if a serious relationship is what you both want then go for it. You should never have to sacrifice friends, male or female but if thats the case maybe it's not such a good idea to have a relationship. Jealousy sucks & isn't easy to deal with or get over. Good luck!

Freakshow
03-12-07, 1:18 pm
IMO I honestly don't think timing has much to do with it. You both have to know what's right for each of you & if a serious relationship is what you both want then go for it. You should never have to sacrifice friends, male or female but if thats the case maybe it's not such a good idea to have a relationship. Jealousy sucks & isn't easy to deal with or get over. Good luck!

I agree with you on all counts alisa...I dont think there is a specific time limit, you both should talk and know how one another feels about the relationship, long term, just a fling, etc..

M60
03-12-07, 1:49 pm
Speakin' of all this girlfriend crap, I'm kinda havin' some issues myself. I recently fell into a new relationship. I've known this girl for some time (since 9th grade), but I never pictured myself being in a relationship with her. She was always just that other girl to me. Never really gave her a second thought. It kinda just happened. Shes really great though. Shes really smart, she makes me laugh, shes easy to talk to, I can just be myself around her, she never puts me down, we don't have to constantly be entertaining eachother, we can just kick it, and she can cook!

The problem I'm having is I still have feelings for the last girl I was involved with and I'm attracted to someone else at the same time. I don't want to hurt this one. I know she cares about me alot and shes probably the only one who gets me. Hell, she even knows when I need to eat. I really don't want to let her down.

asilab
03-12-07, 2:45 pm
I agree with you on all counts alisa...I dont think there is a specific time limit, you both should talk and know how one another feels about the relationship, long term, just a fling, etc..

Speakin' of all this girlfriend crap, I'm kinda havin' some issues myself. I recently fell into a new relationship. I've known this girl for some time (since 9th grade), but I never pictured myself being in a relationship with her. She was always just that other girl to me. Never really gave her a second thought. It kinda just happened. Shes really great though. Shes really smart, she makes me laugh, shes easy to talk to, I can just be myself around her, she never puts me down, we don't have to constantly be entertaining eachother, we can just kick it, and she can cook!

The problem I'm having is I still have feelings for the last girl I was involved with and I'm attracted to someone else at the same time. I don't want to hurt this one. I know she cares about me alot and shes probably the only one who gets me. Hell, she even knows when I need to eat. I really don't want to let her down.

Thanks Josh, glad you agree :)!

M60:

I am no expert when it comes to relationships I tend to have enough problems of my own but I am willing to give some advice. (Maybe someday I will follow my own.) IMO you can still keep someone close & not have a "boyfriend, girlfriend" relationship with them. Comfort is great to have with someone, but if the attraction you have for her isn't as strong than maybe you should let her know how you feel now before you mislead her & really hurt her. Women really aren't as difficult as some may believe, trust me I've been one for over 20 yrs. (Don't get me wrong, some can be though!) Anyway in the end maybe you guys are only meant to be friends & not anything more, sorry I know it sounds harsh but in reality it's better to keep her as a friend than lose her all together, especially with such a long history between you two. Hope this helps.

jhicks3301
03-12-07, 5:58 pm
Anyonelse Feel girlfriends are sometimes more of a burden than a benefit. There are times when I fight with my girl and I can feel it hurt my training. Girls just don't get it!

Lucky for me my girl supports my lift as a lifter..> She likes showing me off haha

musclealchemist
03-12-07, 6:04 pm
this is my advice on dating. A person in your life is supposed to enhance it, and make you feel happy. It both should be %50 %50 on both parts. If the person doesnt enhance your life or seems not to give a shit anymore, get rid of them. Its like buying steak with only 2g of protein, why would you keep buying and eating it when you there have steaks with more protein out there. I hope this helps

Hothands
03-13-07, 10:32 am
I don't think it's 50/50.....it's more like 70/30. Women's power comes from knowing that they are getting to you. They're goofy like that. It's hard, but act like you don't care what she does, stays or leaves, and if she really cares she'll stay. If not, who needs her??

Life's too short for games.

humanforklift
03-13-07, 11:03 am
I tell ya brothers, I just ended my second relationship in the past years due to our lifestyle...its always "Why do you put the gym before me" , "Its all you care about"

But its always your decision. For me, at my age, this is my main concern other than my teaching career. I havent found a girl who understands yet.

M60
03-13-07, 11:25 am
I tell ya brothers, I just ended my second relationship in the past years due to our lifestyle...its always "Why do you put the gym before me" , "Its all you care about"

But its always your decision. For me, at my age, this is my main concern other than my teaching career. I havent found a girl who understands yet.

Yeah, man. I know how you feel. Keep pumpin'. We don't do it for the chicks anyway.

Joe D'Amato
03-13-07, 11:18 pm
Hell fucking yea bro. i agree 100%

brewer
03-14-07, 12:37 pm
seriously ty all for your comments ... she did it again the other night .. had to bring up her ex and how she is "glad" for him and shit .. i was like ... wow then she goes into detail and she slips on how he "talked" to her .... so i mean fuck it, im a big dude - got alot going for me, dont have time for the shit they wanna bring and making me jealous only makes me angry ... so fuck her, she wants to be "just friends" ... naw not when you can sit there and tell me how awesome I am and how no other guy she has ever dated can even come close, and how I treat her the best -- YET she is going to FLA with her parents and she likes to say shit like "I hope some FLA boy doesn't steal me away" my reply to that bullshit was "oh well, im the fucking man, take your pick", it sucks when the girl you fall for changes and isnt the girl you knew, I knew she changed after the first month and I started finding shit out .... what goes around comes around. I got my weights and my lifestyle and if they cant accept me for the things I do and ditch the fucking past - its over.

NJack2AF
03-14-07, 12:50 pm
seriously ty all for your comments ... she did it again the other night .. had to bring up her ex and how she is "glad" for him and shit .. i was like ... wow then she goes into detail and she slips on how he "talked" to her .... so i mean fuck it, im a big dude - got alot going for me, dont have time for the shit they wanna bring and making me jealous only makes me angry ... so fuck her, she wants to be "just friends" ... naw not when you can sit there and tell me how awesome I am and how no other guy she has ever dated can even come close, and how I treat her the best -- YET she is going to FLA with her parents and she likes to say shit like "I hope some FLA boy doesn't steal me away" my reply to that bullshit was "oh well, im the fucking man, take your pick", it sucks when the girl you fall for changes and isnt the girl you knew, I knew she changed after the first month and I started finding shit out .... what goes around comes around. I got my weights and my lifestyle and if they cant accept me for the things I do and ditch the fucking past - its over.

Sounds like u should just let the chick go. Just my 2 cents.. But, with the bullshit she says like some FLA boy stealing her, it sounds like she is just trying to make u jealous. My girlfriend tried to do shit like that for a while and I basically told her I wasn't going to put up with it and that I wasn't going to deal with her shit for much longer and she stopped... U just gotta tell em whats up and if they love you they will change it and stay. Otherwise fuck em. The shit with going over to her bf's house, fuck that.. Talking to him frequently would be enough to royally piss me off. If she wants to go over there and get some shit, I would fuckin go with her. If she says she wants to be just friends, then yeah man just ditch the bitch.. Plenty of fish in the sea bro. (although you could roll with the friends thing and banger once in a while..) Not saying thats what I would do... but sounds like u could.

JakeHump
03-14-07, 2:35 pm
what you guys need to do is find a girl who is in love with the sport she plays then she'll understand your passion. Works great for my G/F and me and it helps she likes it when I'm cut and buff ;P ironically i was when we met right I was all buff and cut.. then all the dinners and double dates started catching up with me... now I gotta bust my ass again to get back to my norm haha. so what i am getting at is never left your lifestyle change just because of a girl, wither they like it or not.

and well shit... if you can't keep a g/f who gives a shit PIMP IT UP!!! listen to tech nine "i'm a playa" it was my theme song before i met my g/f always kept my conscience in check for being a playa haha

ironshaolin
03-14-07, 2:42 pm
My girl dosen't understand, but she dosen't interfere either. She just tells me to hurry home so she can spend time with me, and dosen't understand why I can't miss a day here or there. Last night, I got home from a brutal shoulder/tricep workout. I went to bed at 12. My girl was out, and she came home around 1 and sorta woke me up. NExt thing I know, I don't sleep all night. Every time I slept, she'd start snoring real loud and wake me up, and it would take forever to get back to sleep. Then my daughter woke up and woke me up. At around 5 45, I decided fuck this sleep is hopeless I'm getting up at least I can start eating. I wasn't scheduled to go to the gym until tonight, but I decided to go hit it at 6:30 am on 2 1/2 hrs of sleep. This was a workout of all workouts. I ended up getting in about 19 sets on my back including BB rows, weighted chins, reverse grip t-bars, hammer strength lat pulls, BB shrugs, and I set a new personal best on the deadlift, pulling 355 for 6 reps. How's that for turning a negative into a positive? I came home, had a shake, ate some oatmeal, got back in bed and managed to sleep for 2 more hours.

Dingo
03-14-07, 2:49 pm
not trying to start anything with the ladies here, but good women are hard to find man, most are damaged mentally, selfish, needy, ext......
also man through my own experiences, the "hot" ones are also the most damaged/crazy selfish ones. Not callin my girl ugly by any means, but she and i also know shes no cover model. once a girl knows shes "hot" it goes straight to her head. Ya just gotta find a good humble, not homely, girl. They are like good training partners,few and far between.

*luckily for me i got one

Aengus
03-15-07, 12:21 am
When did this become Ask Amy or some shit? Is anyone else scared that machine is such a relationship expert?

He sounds better than Dr. Phil....

I think it is simple: If they don't bring you up, they had better have a good goddamned reason to be around.
Don't give or take shit, be honest and straight-foward. Let them know what's up, what you want, what you need, and what you expect from them. If they can't accept it and no meaningful compromise can be reached, move on.

Revolutionary
03-21-07, 10:11 pm
Hey people i just recently broke up with my girl from a 3 year relationship.... and im trying to get over her now...... the thing that kills me is that towards the end of the relationship and shit i found out she was with someone else..... and that shit hurts...... im getting over her now but man...... i still feel pretty bad and shit..... however, through it all i havent missed a fuckin meal or a workout and theres times where ive just felt like quitting everything cause i was feeling lke nothing is worth it.......... Im kinda jus ventin a little i guess thats why i posted this and also to show you guys that no matter wat there shouldnt be an excuse as to why you cant accomplish your goals even when i was feeling way fuckin down.... well god bless people B safe and keep workin hard and who knows maybe ill see one of you fuckers on stage hehehehehe and u betta be prepared cause i am gona bring hell to the motha fukin place :)

Ricky P
03-21-07, 10:30 pm
Hey people i just recently broke up with my girl from a 3 year relationship.... and im trying to get over her now...... the thing that kills me is that towards the end of the relationship and shit i found out she was with someone else..... and that shit hurts...... im getting over her now but man...... i still feel pretty bad and shit..... however, through it all i havent missed a fuckin meal or a workout and theres times where ive just felt like quitting everything cause i was feeling lke nothing is worth it.......... Im kinda jus ventin a little i guess thats why i posted this and also to show you guys that no matter wat there shouldnt be an excuse as to why you cant accomplish your goals even when i was feeling way fuckin down.... well god bless people B safe and keep workin hard and who knows maybe ill see one of you fuckers on stage hehehehehe and u betta be prepared cause i am gona bring hell to the motha fukin place :)

Dude don't let this shit get you down. I broke up with this girl going on 2 1/2 years now. Yeah there's been girls since, but I was with her for a long time. When we ended it, I felt the same way.. It's been almost two years since I've seen her, so it motivates me. I work my ass off in the gym when I think about it. I use it as motivation, whenever the day does happen when we see each other again, I want her to look at me and think "Damn... that was a mistake, wish I had that." My body is going to look like a fucking Greek God. Haha, but just use it as motivation, it will make you stronger, inside and out!

brewer
03-23-07, 7:15 pm
u'll pull through, alot of the girls out there nowadays are fucking stupid, and they like the stupid fucks who party and could care less about them

ill never live my life like those fucks, you can find me 5 days a week in the gym

i never want to be "like the rest"

one love - the gym
second love - rest and food

hahahahaha

plus ull save some $ haha keep ur head up bro, brotherhoods got ya

NJack2AF
03-23-07, 7:28 pm
Hey man turn that depression into anger. And take that anger out on the fucking weights. Having a girlfriend can be a real bitch. Sorry to hear man. U will find a better chick than one thats going to go behind your back anyways.

R.Bearse1
03-28-07, 3:39 pm
Alright so what is the best way to talk to a girl you are thinking about dating about the lifestyle? Just lay it out like "Look powerlifting/bodybuilding are my biggest priority" or I mean how do you have this "talk" with the girl?

Testpolska
03-28-07, 3:43 pm
I don't see what the big deal is, you might have to warn her that you'll be carrying around a gallon of water, shaking and drinking shakes and mabye eating some stuff that would make a lesser man throw up. But its not like she has to eat it...shes just gotta be able to deal with you eating it. If she can't, Then she ain't worth dating.

Maccabee
03-28-07, 3:46 pm
I had a g/f. I contiunuosly blew her off for my training. Why cant you watch movies with me from 5-10? Because that would be five hours that im not growing.. She recently broke up with me, but shit, anything for the iron

Thats a pretty funny remark... that would be 5 hours I am not growing lol.

Ricky P
03-28-07, 3:47 pm
I don't see what the big deal is, you might have to warn her that you'll be carrying around a gallon of water, shaking and drinking shakes and mabye eating some stuff that would make a lesser man throw up. But its not like she has to eat it...shes just gotta be able to deal with you eating it. If she can't, Then she ain't worth dating.

Good point.

Maccabee
03-28-07, 3:51 pm
Alright so what is the best way to talk to a girl you are thinking about dating about the lifestyle? Just lay it out like "Look powerlifting/bodybuilding are my biggest priority" or I mean how do you have this "talk" with the girl?

Recently I met this girl but it didnt workout. So before we went on with the relationship. I just took her to the side and told her

Ok listen, I like you a lot and you know that, but I live my life differently from many people out there. I have certain goals which I cant change for anyone, but know this I will always be there for you. She goes on to say "what do you mean?" So I just told her, I am awake every single day at 4 am to go to the gym and train. I eat 8 times a day and if I have to I will eat 10 times a day downing a gallon of water with that or more. I eat very clean, and I dont eat junk. I dont eat at restaurants or Mcdonalds and so on. I have school which I take seriously and usually study a lot along with work.

She just stared at me and was like wow. Few days later she was gone lol. I didnt mean to scare her away but if she cant handle it she just gots to go. She was a nice girl too. I cant leave work cause my old man is sick and I just cant leave him there all alone to run the family business, I love my old man. I got to be in school. I have a crazy schedule. Worst part was I told her I will always be there and we will go out and shit. But she wanted someone who was more free. No problem, if you cant handle an Animal then just go for someone else.

brandonA
03-28-07, 3:51 pm
I love girls...well worth the effort...just gotta find the right one fellas, trust me she's out there somewhere...might as well have some fun while you are looking....

-B