PDA

View Full Version : BigAnt's Really, Really Good "Real Gains" Shake

BigAnt
11-25-07, 5:48 pm
Off season--time to build muscle and strength...

One of my favorite shakes...

Real Gains Banana 3 scoops
1/4 cup crushed ice
1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 whole (4 small squares) low-fat chocolate grahm cracker

Mix all above ingredients in a blender at medium speed, that a quick mix on high speed...drink!

I have this super-shake twice a day...love the taste!

Lowdown5
11-25-07, 5:55 pm
Damn, that sounds good.

daninarmy
11-25-07, 5:57 pm
Dude my mouth is watering that sounds great

BigAnt
11-25-07, 6:01 pm
Damn, that sounds good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I drink it straight out of the blender, I hear my mom yeling at me now from her house...LOL

Lowdown5
11-25-07, 6:02 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I drink it straight out of the blender, I hear my mom yeling at me now from her house...LOL

I have my wife to yell at me for it, LOL

BigAnt
11-25-07, 6:03 pm
Dude my mouth is watering that sounds great

I make it thick like a frosty....let me know if you try it, how you like it. You can also use a different flavor and add fozen-fresh fruit...possibilities are endless....

Giant Killer
11-25-07, 6:15 pm
I've had Banana+PB before, but not with graham crackers, I will have to check that out. Thanks Ant

Pizzalamp
12-03-07, 2:31 pm
mmmmm thanx ant

RenegadeRows
12-04-07, 7:46 am
I second the opinion in this post...sounds real good ant. PB and banana that marrage was made in heaven :)

McFly
12-06-07, 12:27 pm
i imagine adding milk instead of water could make this even tastier plus some added calories!

RogueLion
12-06-07, 12:42 pm
sounds good, can't wait to try it and I don't even drink protien shakes.

e20dylan
12-06-07, 8:54 pm
do you taste the peanut butter in that? because i like peanuts but i do not like peanut butter. would it just taste like peanuts? or peanut butter also i plan on making this just wondering if peanut butter would go well with strawberry real gains and bananas thrown in there

BigAnt
12-06-07, 9:32 pm
do you taste the peanut butter in that? because i like peanuts but i do not like peanut butter. would it just taste like peanuts? or peanut butter also i plan on making this just wondering if peanut butter would go well with strawberry real gains and bananas thrown in there

yeah try it!

Pizzalamp
12-07-07, 5:34 pm
hey ant
u ever try Peanut Butter and Co "Smooth Operator"??
they sell it at the stores here in ct
its the best pb i ever had-like the stuff in pb ice cream!!

DaveK
12-19-07, 11:21 pm
BigAnt you are truely the Drinkmaster. Will have to give it a try. Every once in a while I treat myself to the following:

Vanilla Real Gains
1 1/2 cup chocolate milk (the store bought kind in the gallon jug)
tbs of natty
ice

YIKES!!!! I feel like a kid again!!!!

BigAnt
12-25-07, 9:52 pm
BigAnt you are truely the Drinkmaster. Will have to give it a try. Every once in a while I treat myself to the following:

Vanilla Real Gains
1 1/2 cup chocolate milk (the store bought kind in the gallon jug)
tbs of natty
ice

YIKES!!!! I feel like a kid again!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate milk...damn!

I bet that is very tastey!

GRUNT
01-10-08, 10:54 am
Orange creamsicle...

2 Scoops vanilla whey

2 mandarin oranges (seeds removed)

1 Banana

10 oz low fat milk or skim

1/4 cup ice

Blend and enjoy

rhane
02-18-08, 12:10 am
Anyone here ever try putting cinnamon toast crunch in a gainer shake with some peanut butter? I think I'm gonna try it tomorrow and let y'all know how it goes... I love that cereal.

rhane
02-18-08, 10:46 am
Anyone here ever try putting cinnamon toast crunch in a gainer shake with some peanut butter? I think I'm gonna try it tomorrow and let y'all know how it goes... I love that cereal.

Oh yeah, it's good.

ct italian 1
02-23-08, 12:26 pm
Ant, I'm going to be doing two of these per day as well this coming off season. Helps me meet my 5000kcal/day quota this year lol.

newbreed
03-20-08, 3:46 pm
Now that sounds AWESOME! Definately trying that.

trissynashville
03-25-08, 11:00 pm
Dude I just tried this shake, followed your directions to a T, delicious!! Thanks for the tip, BigAnt.

mritter3
04-03-08, 3:16 pm
okay just made it and it was pretty good, i like the grahm cracker, but next time i would ditch the water and put 1/2 cup milk in so its a little thicker all in all not too bad.

Nihility
04-09-08, 9:58 pm
putting in some cinnamon with your banana shakes adds a slight flavor that is amazing :D

BrotherInArms
04-19-08, 7:03 pm
Ant, you need to be a licensed bartender.

BigAnt
04-19-08, 11:47 pm
Ant, you need to be a licensed bartender.

================================================== ==================

Me make shakes-drinks...make you cut and huge! LOL

born0withno0soul
04-20-08, 1:24 am
damn good mass builder ant.

tanktwism
04-20-08, 2:11 am

1/4 cup crushed ice
1 1/2 cups water

Mix all above ingredients in a blender at medium speed, that a quick mix on high speed...drink!

What's your estimate on the nutritional content here Ant???

bullfighter
04-22-08, 12:32 pm
Try adding a cup or two of oatmeal, banana as mentioned, yoguart, milk and some honey. ;)

LegendKillerJosh
04-22-08, 12:34 pm
Chocolate Real Gains
Natty PB
Oats

Simple, yet my favorite drink to take to work with me. A good variation is Vanilla, 1 whole banana, and Peanut Butter. Banana and peanuts are a great combo.

BigAnt
04-30-08, 10:52 pm
Chocolate Real Gains
Natty PB
Oats

Simple, yet my favorite drink to take to work with me. A good variation is Vanilla, 1 whole banana, and Peanut Butter. Banana and peanuts are a great combo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds good!

MassMan
05-03-08, 7:34 pm
1 serving of choco or van. RG
4 tbsp PB
8 oz STRONG black coffee, chilled
12oz skim milk

BLEND!!!!!!

Serve cold or do what I've been doing recently. Lately, I've been real busy studying and have been getting only 4 to 6 hours of sleep. I steam my milk and have the coffee hot, then blend everything up and drink like morning coffee for breakfast. little sleep really kills your appetite, so why not load up with some quality calories you can drink instead??? Also throw in a banana and you're gold.

Mighty Kev
08-11-08, 9:22 pm
This sounds awesome

bovat
08-21-08, 1:34 am
im thinking about taking real gains, but im lactose intolerant, will i have a problem with this?

and becuase this is kinda a big shake, i dont have a real blender, i have this little handheld thing that you put in a cup that holds like 16 oz to the top, so i was thinking about mixing each thing seperate and then adding it into a big cup and mixing that all with a spoon. Cuz this little handheld thing will have a problem mixing it all, needs a little bit at a time. So i was thinking doing the ice and powder together with a liquid, then other stuff after, how much ice would i need for a nice and thick shake, that will be about 20z.

Tartaglia
08-22-08, 3:41 pm
im not the kinda guy to buy weight ganiners and all that
so ill probably never try it
but it sounds awesome

ROC1291
08-22-08, 3:47 pm
some of you guys really go overkill on these shakes...

just from personal experience, a full serving of real gains and a banana for me almost send me into a diabetic coma.
I was driving while doing this and almost fell asleep at the wheel, in mid-day!

I prefer my real gains plain and simple, 3 scoops with some crushed ice and water.

think about it... a banana? yogurt and honey too? along with all that maltodextrin?
people add even more carbs to an already high carb shake?
4 tbsp of natty pb on one! thats crazy

Appollonian
08-22-08, 3:52 pm
I guess some people are just not carb sensitive. Some days I have over 120+ grams of simple carbs after working out (leg day) and I feel just fine and don't bloat or anything afterwards.

Pizzalamp
08-24-08, 11:30 am
I guess some people are just not carb sensitive. Some days I have over 120+ grams of simple carbs after working out (leg day) and I feel just fine and don't bloat or anything afterwards.

i agree
i handle lots of carbs great
i remember when i was 18 and 19 i was taking in close to 400-430g of carbs a day while doing my sports training and full contact kickboxing and i was super lean
real gains was great-i would load up the blender with real gains and a few tablespoons of natty pb, a few bannnanas, some honey, maybe a little low fat yogurt and just go to town-i made great gains when i stopped eating like a girl scout and making everything scientific

bleed_alone
08-25-08, 9:18 pm
wanted to try ant's recipe but went into the pantry and shit... no graham crax.

had to make a variation

3 scoops banana real gains
2.5cups milk
2 tbsp natty pb
1/4 cup crushed ice
and some nice hershey's choc syrup for a little kick (hey its the offseason)

wasnt too bad

DaButchster
09-23-08, 1:42 pm
That sounds pretty solid

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 7:11 am
Looks pretty good. I make something similar, but i use 1/2 cup of oats and no graham cracker.

bloodsimple1234
11-02-08, 2:46 pm
this is rather simple but Delicious with a capitol D!

2.5 scoops Banana Real Gains
1 scoop chocolate Ultra Iso whey
12 oz of skim milk
2 ice cubes
about one tablespoon of Nesquick *gotta be nesquick!*
blend

it is really good stuff!

prowrestler
11-19-08, 12:03 am

1/4 cup crushed ice
1 1/2 cups water

similar to mine

BaseballMonster
01-15-09, 5:56 pm
all you need is 3 scoops of real gains, some yogurt, and a piece of cheesecake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIr6cFZ6-Y0

dannynb
01-16-09, 10:42 am
3 scoops of vanilla whey
1 banana
2 spoons pb
1 graham cracker
dash of cinnimon
honey
1 cup of ice
1 cup water

or old reliable

3 scoops whey
2 spoons pb
1-2 cups oats
water

homefitnesseexpert
02-24-09, 8:42 pm
Sounds great I cant wait top try it.

Soldier
05-06-09, 1:00 pm
all you need is 3 scoops of real gains, some yogurt, and a piece of cheesecake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIr6cFZ6-Y0

I'm assuming thats only for bulking, haha

wolfzero33
05-06-09, 5:21 pm
Dude thanks for the awesome recipe! Its been great to shake up my taste buds from the normal flavors of shakes!

mitch603
05-06-09, 8:00 pm
2 scoops caramel toffee fudge flavored protein
1/2 cup of oats
2 bananas
2 tbls natural peanut butter
and about 13 oz of cold water

let me know what you think because i think this is amazing!

ern_r6
05-06-09, 10:28 pm
dude that sounds dank...

Kain81
10-02-09, 12:49 pm
i do the same, PB, banana, whey isolate unflavored, 1/2 skim 1/2 water , 2 ice cubes, and a table spoon of honey. beats the fuck out of any frosty i've ever had and is 10000 x better for me.

McFly
10-02-09, 1:27 pm
Big Ant? you still hitting this shake? got any new formulations of it???