PDA

View Full Version : MASSachusetts Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3

srb3189
11-29-07, 8:37 pm
Hey are there any Massholes out there that want to get together to train. Loicanoa and I train together sometimes but I wanted to see if there are enough of us to make a good showing. I am getting jealous at seeing all these ABC clubs forming and not being able to take part. Wish you guys formed the CT one earlier my alma mater us UConn so I definitely would have been there for that. Anyways lets try to rep Mass and try to get a decent meeting of the minds together.

Humbly and respectfully yours,
Steve

srb3189
11-30-07, 9:59 am
cmon there has to be a few of you guys out there?

loiacanoa
11-30-07, 10:32 am
this will happen....i hope

ShaqFu
11-30-07, 4:18 pm
I'm down for it, I'm in Worcester at Holy Cross right now, but you guys let me know when it is and where and I'll see if I can make it. Thanks boys. Peace
ShaqFu

srb3189
11-30-07, 6:01 pm
thats two baby

ChandlerXJ
11-30-07, 6:14 pm
Im thinking I could put this together... anyone live near western mass.. some CT animals could hit this one up to. My area of mass is near enfield CT

srb3189
11-30-07, 8:01 pm
woot chandlers on board

ShaqFu
11-30-07, 8:50 pm
if its anytime after Jan. 15th i think ill b able to make it, from dec15-jan15 ill be at home, but the 2nd semester starts on the 15th, u guys tell me where it is, ill do my best to get there

NickSP
11-30-07, 9:07 pm
Not sure what I'll do for a ride but I'm at school in Amherst, and Enfield area is actually on the way home. Count me in

Edit: actually yeah, if it's sometime in january I'll be home so I'll be all set

boar
11-30-07, 9:53 pm
yo I'm going to be in the boston area from december 15- jan 20ish.

ChandlerXJ
11-30-07, 10:19 pm
I'm in Mass Dec 15th - Jan 6th

srb3189
12-01-07, 7:07 pm
im from here and go to school here so I am always down, I think I can speak for loicanoa too

jer
12-01-07, 8:21 pm
I'm in southern CT, but depending on when it is, I'll try and save the date.

Had a good time at the CT meet today.

mallard75
12-01-07, 9:01 pm
I'm down on the cape, count me in. CT meet today was sick

IRONADDICT45
12-01-07, 9:04 pm
Keep Me Posted Men, Love To Meet Other Animals Besides My Boy Boar

boar
12-01-07, 10:17 pm
iron addict has made his way back to the forvm. This guy was getting jealous of me when I told him about the CT ABC convention today.

Sir
12-02-07, 1:17 am
waltham mass for now

srb3189
12-02-07, 2:11 pm
wanna try to organize something on a Sat? Maybe the 22nd or 29th. Im open to whatever as long as its not within the next few weeks cause I have Midterms

NickSP
12-02-07, 3:12 pm
Two weeks is a short notice, I would try for maybe the 29th or 5th. A couple days before christmas might be hectic for some people.

srb3189
12-02-07, 8:31 pm
Good call Nick, 5th sounds good to me. Anyone else have any thoughts? Where/what gym we should have it? Any other dates that people would like to do? All those that can attend on the 5th?

sully
12-03-07, 5:18 pm
im up for that just update me with the time and place and ill see what i can do. Sounds like a great idea. It would be great to meet with other animals.

ct italian 1
12-03-07, 5:55 pm
I'll be there, but if it's after the 29th...I'll be in contest mode lol.

naturalguy
12-03-07, 6:22 pm
Depending on the date I MAY be in attendance. Sometime in January is probably best as most people have a lot going on with the holidays and all.

NickSP
12-03-07, 7:09 pm
SRB, I'm down with the 5th, and I'm pretty much down for anywhere you decide to have it. If anyone from down in CT plans on going and wants to carpool let me know, cause I'm at the bottom of the state so I'll be driving the whole vertical distance anyway. But you better have faith in my mapquest directions.

jer
12-03-07, 7:57 pm
Where in Mass are we thinking fellas? The 5th sounds good to me, my birthday is the following day. It'll be an early birthday present to myself to make the trip.

srb3189
12-04-07, 12:58 pm
I need suggestions for a gym because 1. My home gym in beverly is on the northshore so it would be too far and unfair to make people make that drive. 2. I hate my home gym; it would not be anywhere near suitable for an Animal gathering.

-Steve

NickSP
12-06-07, 12:45 pm
Come on boys let's get this goin, you want a sick lifting session with other animals don't you?

POTENTIAL List so far
srb3189
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity

Is there anyone who has a problem with Sat, Jan. 5?
And for those who live in or know MA well, does anyone know a legit gym to possibly do this at?

ChandlerXJ
12-06-07, 12:46 pm
My gym in Springfield Mass would be down... on a sunday, NO ONE IS THERE... haha

srb3189
12-06-07, 1:31 pm
how about your gym on that sat Chandler?

NickSP
12-06-07, 1:35 pm
Well we got one toss up, Springfield....problems for anyone?

srb3189
12-06-07, 1:40 pm
I don't care how far I have to drive as long as its within Mass. Any suggestions for what do to during the session? Chest? Shoulders? Back? Legs? Or would you guys like to do your own thing? Also, I guess this would be directed at Intensity but is there any chance we can get some of the big names to be down for a meeting Jan. 5th?

-Steve

ChandlerXJ
12-06-07, 1:43 pm
Let's check what the deal is and see if this is a good location for everyone, it might be somewhat too WEST for people. maybe something more central would be better. We might have to split MASS up into 3 parts, west, central, and east.

What do you guys all think?

jer
12-06-07, 3:00 pm
Springfield is cool for me. It's just a strait shot up I-91, only and hours drive.

Now what about the gym.

srb3189
12-07-07, 12:24 pm
Cmon guys lets get this moving along. Is Springfield cool with everyone for a mass meeting Jan. 5th? Lets get a head count and confirm this baby.

-Steve

Shark
12-07-07, 9:20 pm
Don't let this fade out guys.

I'll be there for the meet. If you guys need any help coordinating or anything else, just let me know.

I can bring a couple of big ole' Maine boys with me.

NickSP
12-07-07, 9:56 pm
Where's everyone who posted in here before? We've got a date and potential location, what's everyone think?

ChandlerXJ
12-07-07, 10:57 pm
Yo check it. I will talk to the gym this week. It's not a hardcore gym by any means, but it's a BIG place, tons of weight, and the people there are real cool.

Compared to bodyworld in philly, its not hardcore. it's clean, but it's a good vibe.

I actually just watched the gay video on the site for the gym, and 1. its not shot at my location and 2. the gym is NOT THAT LAME

Best Fitness
1739 allen street
Springfield, MA 01128

I WILL CALL THEM NEXT WEEK.

any other gym suggestions? does this work for most of you?

jer
12-08-07, 9:06 am
Looks like a well equipped gym. The music in that video was a little ridiculous, but I won't hold that against them. I am in.

We got to get AT LEAST 10 or so guys for this. I don't think it'll be a problem. Maybe start PMing some of the guys who showed interest in the beginning of the thread.

Let me know if I can help.

srb3189
12-08-07, 12:33 pm
GOOD DEAL. Location and gym look fine. Date is fine. Lets do this. I guess ill take the initiative and PM the date/location.

-Steve

NickSP
12-08-07, 12:51 pm
Sounds good to me. Let's get it goin

mallard75
12-08-07, 1:10 pm
sounds good. I'll be there

Shark
12-08-07, 2:03 pm
I'm down. let's go.

ShaqFu
12-08-07, 2:53 pm
I won't be at school, I don't go back until the 15th so I'll be in New York, but fuck it, I think I'll be able to make it up but I'm not sure yet. I'm on the fenceline right now boys. Peace
ShaqFu

srb3189
12-08-07, 3:58 pm
it would be awesome if you can be there bro. But dont sweat it if you cant make it. Hopefully once we get one underway we can make it a somewhat regular thing. Im thinking once a month? Maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part. Ok back to midterms.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-09-07, 12:46 am
the 5th should work out.

I'm still home (CT) then for winter break but can easily make the trek up.
I go to college in Springfield, so if it was during the semester it'd be even easier, but what's like an hr drive?

ShaqFu
12-09-07, 10:05 am
it would be awesome if you can be there bro. But dont sweat it if you cant make it. Hopefully once we get one underway we can make it a somewhat regular thing. Im thinking once a month? Maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part. Ok back to midterms.

-Steve

Good call man, I'd love to make this shit like once a month or so, then check on each other's progress and what not, great idea, im gonna do my best to be there, i can't pass this up, peace
ShaqFu

srb3189
12-10-07, 3:03 pm
Hey after the session on the 5th does anyone want to go out and get a big meal? This should probably be directed at Chandler cause he knows the area but I was thinking we should go eat mountains of food after?

-Steve

Dan02
12-11-07, 1:30 am
NickSP i will car pool im in Burlington/Farmington CT lets do it

SRB, I'm down with the 5th, and I'm pretty much down for anywhere you decide to have it. If anyone from down in CT plans on going and wants to carpool let me know, cause I'm at the bottom of the state so I'll be driving the whole vertical distance anyway. But you better have faith in my mapquest directions.

ct italian 1
12-11-07, 7:25 am
Hey after the session on the 5th does anyone want to go out and get a big meal? This should probably be directed at Chandler cause he knows the area but I was thinking we should go eat mountains of food after?

-Steve

haha I'd love to but that week starts my contest dieting, Dec. 29th marks 13 weeks out from my first show of 2008. maybe I'll start dieting Jan 6th (about 12 weeks out) instead haha, one last "animal" meal before getting down to business. I'll have to talk to my trainer.

naturalguy
12-11-07, 8:31 am
haha I'd love to but that week starts my contest dieting, Dec. 29th marks 13 weeks out from my first show of 2008. maybe I'll start dieting Jan 6th (about 12 weeks out) instead haha, one last "animal" meal before getting down to business. I'll have to talk to my trainer.

Skip the meal, start your dieting sooner, it'll be worth it.

ct italian 1
12-11-07, 9:21 am
Skip the meal, start your dieting sooner, it'll be worth it.

ya, I'm doing three shows all within a few weeks of one another, so I'm going to try and better my condition with each show. first will be 13 weeks dieting, second will be 15, third 16. 16 weeks of dieting should be plenty because I stayed lean this offseason (under 10% bf, tested 8.14% by caliper a couple of weeks ago but they are only so accurate). My 2nd show is by weight class, not height like the other two, so I want to come in right at the limit for middle weight that way I am the heaviest I can be without having to move up to a light-heavyweight.

ChandlerXJ
12-11-07, 9:58 am
depends on what you guys wanna do for food and such, I actually have a flight back to Philly on the 6th, this is on the 5th right?

We need to get this organized haha - finals are KILLING me haha

srb3189
12-11-07, 10:18 am
CT Italian- Im always impressed by people who do shows ct italian. Good luck on all three of em'.

Chandler- Yeah dude I feel like once finals are over (midterms for me cause my classes are full year) everyone can really get down to details. Still we have a date and a gym that works for alot of people so were pretty much there.

-Steve

loiacanoa
12-11-07, 10:55 am
everything sounds good to me. count me in!

ChandlerXJ
12-11-07, 11:26 am
Saturday Jan 5th.

I don't know how many of the "big" dudes could make it out.

Ox is in the general area, we could see if he could stop by.

I talked to Intensity last weekend and he really wants to come out, so he is gonna try to adjust his schedule to be able to be in the area.

The gym is huge, they'll be room for us there.

If the amount of people that came to NJ were in Philly, it would have been JAMMED, no moving room. But that size crew would get lost in the warehouse that is my gym haha.

srb3189
12-11-07, 12:28 pm
Thats awesome, whoever can come is great. Im just psyched to get this underway.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-11-07, 3:50 pm
CT Italian- Im always impressed by people who do shows ct italian. Good luck on all three of em'.

Chandler- Yeah dude I feel like once finals are over (midterms for me cause my classes are full year) everyone can really get down to details. Still we have a date and a gym that works for alot of people so were pretty much there.

-Steve

thanks for the support.

jer
12-11-07, 8:08 pm
Saturday Jan 5th.

I don't know how many of the "big" dudes could make it out.

Ox is in the general area, we could see if he could stop by.

I talked to Intensity last weekend and he really wants to come out, so he is gonna try to adjust his schedule to be able to be in the area.

The gym is huge, they'll be room for us there.

If the amount of people that came to NJ were in Philly, it would have been JAMMED, no moving room. But that size crew would get lost in the warehouse that is my gym haha.

Since you frequent the gym, try and find a place close by to eat. Maybe some kind of buffet or something. Let us know what we can eat. FOOD, FOOD, FOOD.

Shark
12-11-07, 8:47 pm
CT, you won't be the only one not being able to mow down some food. I'll be 5 days into my cut.

We can just sit with the other guys and eat our pre made tupperware meals. lol

srb3189
12-11-07, 9:02 pm
CT and Shark dont worry about it, you two can help us bankrupt the next buffet after you two smash your respective goals.

Also I noticed that NickSP nominated me to head this budding ABC Mass Chapter
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075
Just wanted to let you all know and get your thoughts on it.

I am not really sure who to contact now that we have gotten this ABC chapter pretty serious.
I contacted G awhile ago but he didnt hit me back. Maybe he just wants to wait and let the natural leader step up. Im down as a motherfucker for it.

I feel like we need to get those T's for all the members that come and the Animal Banner that we all have to sign as well.
Sidenote: Does someone have and want to bring said camera to our ABC meeting on the 5th.

I look forward to hearing from you and smashing the weights.
-Steve

jer
12-11-07, 9:08 pm
Step up and take charge bro.
I say contact Greg again. Let him know that it's going down. When/where/time...etc.
I will definitely be bringing my camera, probably my girl friend as well, she can snap the pics. I'm trying to get her to be more Animal, so maybe by this meet she'll be ready.

srb3189
12-11-07, 9:12 pm
Thats awesome Jer good deal, Ill get on that

NickSP
12-11-07, 9:19 pm
I figured as the one to take initiative to start it, you'd be a solid leader, and I can see you're down for it. I'll be glad to help any way I can if you need it.
Make sure you get in touch with G as he's the chairman of the ABC, and try to see if you can get a hold of Animal Rep as well.
I will definitely be bringing my camera for the event, like any I will go to. I may even consider bringing my banner and hopefully I can get people to sign that.
And Chandler, and whoever else contributes to deciding where we eat, it better be good. haha

srb3189
12-11-07, 9:24 pm
Ok Nick so I should just PM g and say that I have taken it upon myself to get a ABC Mass Chapter up and running. We have a time and date and a good group of forum members. Should I ask him anything else?

ChandlerXJ
12-11-07, 9:27 pm
there is a few options... after finals week, and when i can go back home, i will let you all know...

i will be stopping in the gym on saturday to talk to the manager

srb3189
12-11-07, 9:35 pm
appreciate it chandler

P.S. I was told to tell everyone going to the event to wear their own Animal Gear. I am working out talking to G about shirts and a banner

-Steve

naturalguy
12-11-07, 9:41 pm
I would suggest that we get a headcount of who is coming

srb3189
12-11-07, 9:47 pm
I guess the headcount would look like this
srb3189 + 2
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity

If I excluded anyone it wasnt intentional.

Dan02
12-12-07, 2:56 am
im in i will be going with ct italian 1

Shark
12-12-07, 7:18 am
Add me to the line up bro.

srb3189
12-12-07, 2:25 pm
srb3189 + 2
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity
Shark
Dan02

Shark
12-12-07, 3:42 pm
Looks like a solid line up.

tjoe
12-12-07, 8:42 pm
HA, no sh*t! That gym is about 40 minutes from my house. Trained there a few times just for sh*ts and giggles.

chandler - you get the OK from the gym yet?? I see Jan 5th as the date so far... is that nailed down?

I may be starting a new job the following Monday so it would be cool to work off some nerves on Sat. There is also a Texas roadhouse in the same parking lot!! I know they usually don't do big groups so everyone would be split up a bit but you can get a 32 oz. steak if you want!! What better way to finish off some Animal training than a steak and sweet potato???

I should be in if you guys can pull this thing together. Keep us updated.
PS - What time??

Joe

tjoe
12-12-07, 8:48 pm
Chandler - another option for a gym might be the Golds by the Big E in W. Spfld. I've never been but supposedly a pretty hardcore gym and pretty damn accessable as well. Just a thought.

NickSP
12-12-07, 8:55 pm
Well to anyone who might be comin, let's start throwin in some votes.

ChandlerXJ
12-12-07, 9:01 pm
Gold in W springfield would be cool - but the thing with that is no one on the forum trains there - its always good to have a gym where at least someone knows someone.

I will be heading to the gym Saturday - I'll get it worked out then.

I'm thinking 12 or 1 for the meet on the 5th

srb3189
12-12-07, 9:17 pm
Great job Chandler. I think with the good group of guys we got going on Saturday we should be able to do really well wherever we are. Looking forward to hearing from you on the subject.

Still havent had any response by G so I dont know whats up about getting shirts, a banner, or some of the senior members at the event but we'll still push through with what we got. As long as you all show up and want to pound some weights with me ill consider it a good saturday for me.

ChandlerXJ
12-12-07, 9:21 pm
Sounds awesome. There are a few places to eat around town. the steak place it pretty good, fairly cheap, theres a buffet place down the road, etc. etc.

any of you college guys should add me on facebook, just because I am a freak and check it all the time so its a good way to stay in contact.

Chandler Quintin ... drexel university

srb3189
12-12-07, 9:29 pm
lol i added you, you freak

srb3189
12-12-07, 9:35 pm
New list, Should be called the most Badass Animal Barbell Club list of all time.
srb3189 + 2
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity
Shark
Dan02
tjoe

NickSP
12-12-07, 10:28 pm
All of those guys are confirmed? That's a pretty solid list

srb3189
12-13-07, 9:15 am
No, not confirmed yet. We probably have to wait till a little closer to the actual date because people's schedules are so hectic with the holidays and all.

-Steve

Jmuls
12-13-07, 10:39 am
So which gyms in Western MA are being considered for housing this get together? I'm another Boston based guy, but I wouldn't be opposed to making the trek out west on the pike.

jer
12-13-07, 11:55 am
So which gyms in Western MA are being considered for housing this get together? I'm another Boston based guy, but I wouldn't be opposed to making the trek out west on the pike.

This was on page 2

Best Fitness
1739 allen street
Springfield, MA 01128

tjoe
12-13-07, 12:12 pm
I would happen to like the Jan 5th date (if new job goes well, I'll be workin weekends AFTER that date). Spoke to Big Evan and he CAN NOT make the 5th :(
However he said he would be glad to come up on the 19th(sat) or 20th(sun).
Again, the 5th would be great for me and seems as everyone else is already planning on that date, but I just wanted to let you guys know Evan would not be able to make that one.

Jmuls
12-13-07, 12:18 pm
This was on page 2

Best Fitness
1739 allen street
Springfield, MA 01128

My bad. I saw some talk about the possibility of using a Golds, so I just didn't know what the deal was.

Besides Evan, were there any other sponsored athletes contacted to see if they could attend?

srb3189
12-13-07, 12:36 pm
I have contacted G diesel to let him know that we are having an event on the 5th with the supposed lineup. He hasnt gotten back to me yet but its early and there are alot of ABC events going on soon. Also the holidays are coming up. Im sure him or Intensity will be in contact with those guys to see if anyone can come. I feel like they would get more attention than I would just PM'ing them.

-Steve

srb3189
12-13-07, 12:42 pm
Also, I believe Chandler is finalizing the the specific gym plans this Saturday being it as it is his neck of the woods. I am sure he will let me or us know this weekend.

-Steve

G Diesel
12-13-07, 12:44 pm
I guess the headcount would look like this
srb3189 + 2
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity

If I excluded anyone it wasnt intentional.

Good looking list... Right by ct italian's school. Let me know what you fellas need, I'll be making sure the care package gets sent. Peace, G

ChandlerXJ
12-13-07, 12:53 pm
G, I literally live right down the road from the gym, I donno if you want to send the package to me or not because I am pretty much getting this solid and I will be there even if there is a freak tornado or an act of god.

It sucks that Old City Gym closed in the 80's. It was the Gold Venice of East Coast - I've only heard stories and I wish I could get the Delorean out and hit 88 and see some of the shit I've heard of.

Punisher
12-13-07, 1:01 pm
Add me to the line up bro.

Ill make the drive if you can hook me up with some 2$ lobsters

G Diesel
12-13-07, 1:04 pm
G, I literally live right down the road from the gym, I donno if you want to send the package to me or not because I am pretty much getting this solid and I will be there even if there is a freak tornado or an act of god.

It sucks that Old City Gym closed in the 80's. It was the Gold Venice of East Coast - I've only heard stories and I wish I could get the Delorean out and hit 88 and see some of the shit I've heard of.

Good to know Big Chandler... What about Hard Nock's? Peace, G

srb3189
12-13-07, 1:21 pm
Hope ya'll got a chance to check out the new ABC article, http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=396

Looking forward to a great time.

-Steve

naturalguy
12-13-07, 1:24 pm
I have contacted G diesel to let him know that we are having an event on the 5th with the supposed lineup. He hasnt gotten back to me yet but its early and there are alot of ABC events going on soon. Also the holidays are coming up. Im sure him or Intensity will be in contact with those guys to see if anyone can come. I feel like they would get more attention than I would just PM'ing them.

-Steve

We are trying to get Evan there but no guarantees. I will keep you updated if we can make it happen.

NickSP
12-13-07, 1:28 pm
Aright well while the authority figures figure out getting pros to come and what have you, the rest of the guys need to chime in to confirm if they're coming or not, if they're in the area they can give votes for food or a gym, etc. Really where is everyone? It's been lookin like a 4 or 5 person show recently

srb3189
12-13-07, 1:37 pm
I will PM everyone again. We need to solidify the gym though. As far as I am concerned its:
Best Fitness
1739 allen street
Springfield, MA 01128

Saturday January 5th.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 1:55 pm
Ill make the drive if you can hook me up with some 2$ lobsters

haha move to maine, get big, move back to jersey

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 1:55 pm
Good looking list... Right by ct italian's school. Let me know what you fellas need, I'll be making sure the care package gets sent. Peace, G

haha figures I'll be home in CT for winter break then though but I'll be there come hell or high water.

NickSP
12-13-07, 2:37 pm
haha figures I'll be home in CT for winter break then though but I'll be there come hell or high water.

haha I'll be home on break for the 5th as well

Jmuls
12-13-07, 2:58 pm
Well guys, I've been skimming this board for a few months now and have decided to start participating. So even though I'm over in Boston and this meet is going down in Springfield, go ahead and add my name to the list. Given the turn out I read about and saw pics of in NJ, it would be really nice to see some participation up this way. Hopefully that most recent list of participants won't be cut down to only a few names by the time of the event!

ChandlerXJ
12-13-07, 4:22 pm
Good to know Big Chandler... What about Hard Nock's? Peace, G

I've heard things here and there about Hard Nocks... it's about 100 miles away from me, east... so for the CT guys coming up from this it would be even further.

Hard Nock's would be a great gym for an Eastern Mass ABC, it's north of Boston if I'm not mistaken.

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 5:25 pm
get pumped guys, let's make this MA gathering intense.
jersey was fucking insane, but I'm sure we can get a sick turnout for this one as well.
show Universal that MA can throw some weight around.

Pizzalamp
12-13-07, 5:29 pm
get pumped guys, let's make this MA gathering intense.
jersey was fucking insane, but I'm sure we can get a sick turnout for this one as well.
show Universal that MA can throw some weight around.

damn ct italian youve hit all the abcs in ya area like every weekend great job man

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 5:44 pm
damn ct italian youve hit all the abcs in ya area like every weekend great job man

haha ya, I'm addicted to training with like-minded individuals. my school gym sucks and even the kids here who bb aren't that serious. I've come home from college every weekend so far anyways, all there is to do here is drink and that's not for me. I'd rather come home and see my friends and train with you guys.

Pizzalamp
12-13-07, 5:47 pm
haha ya, I'm addicted to training with like-minded individuals. my school gym sucks and even the kids here who bb aren't that serious. I've come home from college every weekend so far anyways, all there is to do here is drink and that's not for me. I'd rather come home and see my friends and train with you guys.

very good to hear man
ill see u on sat
if this friggin blizzard doesnt screw things up

dbbeast
12-13-07, 5:58 pm
yo...i'm in the worcester area and would love to get together...

dbbeast
12-13-07, 6:02 pm
sry i just read the rest of the posts, Springfield would be awesome. someone send me a pm with the details and i will take that day off from work. it's been soo long since i trained with other ppl who have the same demented view of what training is in a very long time. can't wait!!!

kelan76
12-13-07, 6:20 pm
hey whats up guys...im in the boston area, but i'd deffinitely be willing to make the trip to springfield, so count me in...and im gonna talk to an old partner of mine (he's away at college) to see if he'll come along too..PM me the details, sounds good so far

-kelan

kelan76
12-13-07, 6:38 pm
aight well i just talked to a buddy of mine from my gym and you can deffinitely count me and him...his names brendan, for the list...im just waitin on my old partner...ill let ya know as soon as i find out..

-kelan

tjoe
12-13-07, 7:25 pm
Chandler, I hope you can pull off the location... that list is GROWIN quick!!

BMF1918
12-13-07, 7:48 pm
im in just let me know when/where

Jmuls
12-13-07, 7:59 pm
Damn! Besides myself, seems like there's another 4 on board. That list is growing quick. Could be quite a turnout!

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 8:48 pm
steve, you wanna post an updated list?

srb3189
12-13-07, 9:10 pm
yeah im sorry i have a property law midterm tommorow ill post an update list tommorow/pm everyone who has posted. Is the gym we are using still the original one posted. I know people were talking about some different ones.

-Steve

jer
12-13-07, 9:13 pm
very good to hear man
ill see u on sat
if this friggin blizzard doesnt screw things up

Oh, don't you worry about that my man. We are going.

I'm still in for this meet as well. Jan. 5 Best Fitness. FOOD afterwards. Write me down, put a check mark next to it and highlight it.

NickSP
12-13-07, 9:21 pm
Potentials (not all confirmed):

Jmuls
Punisher (I think he was he being serious?)
dbbeast
kelan76
BMF1918
srb3189 + 2
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity
Shark
Dan02
tjoe

Workin on 20+, hopefully everyone stays in touch here and does not drop out, but who knows how many we'll have when the time comes

Since no one else is getting in on it, I think it's safe to assume we will end up at Best Fitness when Chandler gets it confirmed with the gym.

srb3189
12-13-07, 9:21 pm
srb3189 + two who I am making register and get involved in the Forvm
loiacanoa
ShaqFu
ChandlerXJ
boar
jer
mallard75
IRONADDICT45
Sir
NickSP
sully
ct italian 1
Intensity
dbbeast
kelan76
BMF1918
Jmuls
Dan02
TJoe
Punisher??
Sorry If i left anyone out. FYI that is a unconfirmed list but all expressed interest in being there sat january 5th. I will be there not matter what. Cant wait to meet all of you. I am so goddamn tired of studying. Hope all your holidays are going well.

-Steve

srb3189
12-13-07, 9:38 pm
BTW I am so psyched at that list. When I started this thread I could barely get two people to want to train. Just goes to show you.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-13-07, 9:41 pm
the list is growing, now hopefully chandler comes through with the gym.

I'm getting physched guys!

srb3189
12-14-07, 8:30 pm
T Shirts: We all need to promote Animal and the ABC along with it. That being said every forum member that comes should be wearing an Animal T. Anyone who does not have one I have a special promotion code to get the black "Animal" T for 10.95. Just let me or CT Italian know.

Second as this list is getting bigger we need to start confirming people for this thing. The last thing I want is a large list of names with 2 or 3 people there. I want and know Mass is capable of a big showing. I think if we show the higher ups around here that Mass is about serious lifting we might attract some of the bigger names at future events (Yes I plan on having ALOT of future events).

Alright, nuff said on my part for a bit. Hope all your holidays are going well. Any questions or comments just PM me or Ct Italian.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-14-07, 9:30 pm
T Shirts: We all need to promote Animal and the ABC along with it. That being said every forum member that comes should be wearing an Animal T. Anyone who does not have one I have a special promotion code to get the black "Animal" T for 10.95. Just let me or CT Italian know.

Second as this list is getting bigger we need to start confirming people for this thing. The last thing I want is a large list of names with 2 or 3 people there. I want and know Mass is capable of a big showing. I think if we show the higher ups around here that Mass is about serious lifting we might attract some of the bigger names at future events (Yes I plan on having ALOT of future events).

Alright, nuff said on my part for a bit. Hope all your holidays are going well. Any questions or comments just PM me or Ct Italian.

-Steve

well put man...we're going to have a great turnout! hopefully I can get G to make the trip up, he brings the noise for sure.

tjoe
12-15-07, 12:52 pm
It's Saturday... I'm impatient... where is Chandler... Is it a go... got my fingers crossed...

srb3189
12-15-07, 1:30 pm
oh its going to be a go, you can pretty much bank on super fitness

-Steve

tjoe
12-15-07, 1:43 pm
what is everyone going to be training??
I was at the ABC day down in New Haven and it was a pretty good mix of legs, shoulders and arms. Just curious what people have planned for bodyparts...

srb3189
12-15-07, 3:34 pm
I'll probably do whatever my routine falls on that day. But I am pretty much open to anything.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-15-07, 10:13 pm
I heard rumor that if we push the event back two weeks, we may have surprise a guest/s...I'll keep you guys posted.

NickSP
12-15-07, 10:53 pm
Saturday's normally chest for me

kelan76
12-16-07, 12:10 am
i usually have shoulders n arms on saturdays

ChandlerXJ
12-16-07, 12:47 am
if it gets pushed back i won't be able to make it out - ill be back in philly, you guys might have to get a different gym too in that case - but I'll find out for sure tomorrow at my meeting with the owner. The only reason we'd need another gym is 1. all the other events the gym has and 2. the owner might need a member of that gym to be there for liability, and I think I'm the only one whose a member there.

I'll keep ya' posted.

ct italian 1
12-16-07, 8:43 am
thanks Chandler, it's all up in the air but we'll figure it out.

naturalguy
12-16-07, 8:46 am
Here's the deal with Ox. I spoke with him yesterday at the NYC event. He is not available on the 5th or the following weekend (the 12th) however he would be available on the 19th. So you have a couple of choices. You can go as planned on the 5th as that sounds like it works for most people and the gym or you can reschedule for the 19th and possibly have Ox there.

jer
12-16-07, 10:31 am
I'm still down for either date fellas. I know that some of you guys haven't met Ox, so this would be a great opportunity to meet and see what a down to earth and good guy he is.
However, if this meet goes off well, and most of the guys who said they're coming do indeed come, there is no reason not to have another meet a little down the road that maybe Ox or someone else "big" can make.

Just my take. I think it would be a shame for ChandlerXJ not to be able to make it, considering he's putting the effort in for us.

Like I said I'm down for whatever. Just let me/us know.

Jerami

naturalguy
12-16-07, 10:42 am
I'm still down for either date fellas. I know that some of you guys haven't met Ox, so this would be a great opportunity to meet and see what a down to earth and good guy he is.
However, if this meet goes off well, and most of the guys who said they're coming do indeed come, there is no reason not to have another meet a little down the road that maybe Ox or someone else "big" can make.

Just my take. I think it would be a shame for ChandlerXJ not to be able to make it, considering he's putting the effort in for us.

Like I said I'm down for whatever. Just let me/us know.

Jerami

Jer, good point. We could do the 5th and then have a future event and invite Ox.

srb3189
12-16-07, 11:55 am
Ct Italian and I talked about this a bit last night. As much as I would like to meet Ox I believe the 5th still sounds like the best plan. I want Chandler there and his gym sounds like the best plan. The 5th looks like a date that everyone can do and I think we will be able to have bigger names down the road. Lets just try to get this meeting off without a hitch. After that I think we can show everyone that Mass is serious and the recognition will come. Just my thoughts.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-16-07, 1:35 pm
let's roll with the 5th.
maybe we can get some more of the big names to come out, even if it isn't ox.
I know it's quite a hike for G & Vinny but who knows, maybe they could make the trek up.

Jan. 5th it is.

srb3189
12-16-07, 1:40 pm
Just a funny sidenote. I feel like Machine today. Its a bad storm out and my cars snowed in but its leg day. Going to walk to the gym. God help them if its closed.

-Steve

Cellerator65
12-17-07, 1:13 pm
hey yall, i just signed up for the forvm about a week ago. I live in Shrewsbury, MA and workout at the world gym about 2 mins from my house. I'd love to come and train with yall. Unfortunetly i hurt my left knee doing squats this past saturday.. but we'll see if i can heal up for the meet. later yo

jer
12-17-07, 6:43 pm
hey yall, i just signed up for the forvm about a week ago. I live in Shrewsbury, MA and workout at the world gym about 2 mins from my house. I'd love to come and train with yall. Unfortunetly i hurt my left knee doing squats this past saturday.. but we'll see if i can heal up for the meet. later yo

Sorry to hear about the knee. Hopefully its healed enough to make it out on the 5th.

Welcome aboard.

tjoe
12-17-07, 8:23 pm

Let the knee heel up and come do some upper body work... plenty of options bro! You'll have a good time.

dmnspdg
12-18-07, 8:21 am
I'm in Ludlow, lifting at AllDayAllnight Firness. Not too far from Amerst, MA.
You fellas still putting a club together? count me in

ChandlerXJ
12-18-07, 9:19 am
I should be getting the word today about the 5th, then if you guys want to do it again, Ox said he would be down for a future date.

Sorry it's taking so long, this gym has a hierarchy of management - it's not a mom and pop place. I WISH IT WAS.

srb3189
12-18-07, 11:07 am
Big welcome to all you new guys.

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-18-07, 1:13 pm
I should be getting the word today about the 5th, then if you guys want to do it again, Ox said he would be down for a future date.

Sorry it's taking so long, this gym has a hierarchy of management - it's not a mom and pop place. I WISH IT WAS.

thanks chandler, you're the man.

ChandlerXJ
12-18-07, 1:35 pm
the gym needs a DEFINITE headcount before they decide - I know, this is ridiculous.

srb3189
12-18-07, 2:21 pm
Alright guys its time to step up. We need a final headcount for a event on January 5th (Saturday) at:
Best Fitness
1739 allen street
Springfield, MA 01128

Only post if you are absoluty sure you are going to be able to come. Chandler needs a headcount for the gym so be sure!

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-18-07, 3:19 pm
I'm there for sure of course.

srb3189
12-18-07, 3:23 pm
Loicanoa + 1
Also, I + macca60 and another

srb3189
12-18-07, 4:24 pm
Chandler I dont know if this would help but everyone on this list has said they are down at some point or another. I get a headcount of 23. Now I havent heard from some of those people in quite awhile but if youre looking for a max headcount I would say this is it.

SRB3189 + 2
Ct Italian
Chandler
Tjoe
NickSP
Kelan76
Intensity
Jer
Cellerator65
dmnspdq
dbbeast
BMF1918
Jmuls
Dan02
Shark
Mallard 75
Shaqfu
loicanoa
boar
IronAddict45
Sir

Hope it helps
-Steve

Cellerator65
12-18-07, 5:26 pm
ill be there

jer
12-18-07, 8:03 pm
I'm still in.

NickSP
12-18-07, 8:29 pm
I'm in

ct italian 1
12-18-07, 9:06 pm
with the +1, +2, etc. have them join the forum first, our goal here is to make the forum grow!

kelan76
12-18-07, 10:55 pm
im deffinitely in + younggun21...he said his comp wont let him post...i also have another deffinite but im tryin to make him register

tjoe
12-19-07, 9:54 am
I'm still in.

NickSP
12-19-07, 11:15 am
Definites

ct italian
cellerator
jer
kelan
tjoe
Chandler
Nick
srb
Loicanoa
macca60
younggun21
+3 others hopefully to register

that's a solid 14 at this point

naturalguy
12-19-07, 2:35 pm
I am 75% sure that I will be there. Sorry I can't give you guys a 100% answer right now.

Have you guys decided on a time yet?

Shark
12-19-07, 4:53 pm
I'm still down.

ct italian 1
12-19-07, 6:17 pm
want to say 11 a.m.?

srb3189
12-19-07, 7:56 pm
I would rather see a 2 pm time. Just saying some people like to sleep in Saturday + they have a long drive.

BTW as per G Diesel's thread we are taking suggestions for the recruiter position.

-Steve

Dan02
12-19-07, 10:15 pm
i cant make it if i want to go to arnold i have to save all my va-ca days for arnold i will be up for some ABC in march

NickSP
12-19-07, 10:23 pm
Saturday, January 5th
2 PM
Best Fitness
1739 Allen Street
Springfield, MA 01128

Definites

ct italian
cellerator
jer
kelan
tjoe
Chandler
Nick
srb
Loicanoa
macca60
shark
younggun21
+3 others hopefully to register

probably Intensity

Headcount should be about 16 right now, with a max of about 23 or so. Time's somewhat against us boys, speak now if you're in or forever hold your iron alone.

srb3189
12-19-07, 10:51 pm
This fucking pisses me off. All we want is a confirmation that you are going. I mean what the fuck there is so much enthusiasm for going until the final headcount. I dont really know what to say. STEP THE FUCK UP.

-Steve

ChandlerXJ
12-20-07, 12:08 am
Ok. I will go to the manager with the final headcount tomorrow. I should have the confirmation tomorrow or the next day. I'm telling you, these chain gyms offer GREAT resources, but it's a bitch to climb up the ladder...

ct italian 1
12-20-07, 11:22 am
Ok. I will go to the manager with the final headcount tomorrow. I should have the confirmation tomorrow or the next day. I'm telling you, these chain gyms offer GREAT resources, but it's a bitch to climb up the ladder...

Thank you for everything you have done to get this meet off the ground bro. You are a tremendous part of the first MA gathering.

Jmuls
12-21-07, 11:13 am
Originally I thought I'd be able to go, though unforunately I'm on call that weekend and can't get anyone to cover for me. I appologize for leaving you all hanging without an answer one way or the other. Hopefully I'll be able to work it out for the next outing.

naturalguy
12-21-07, 11:17 am
I regret to inform you that I cannot make the event. I have to go out of town on business and won't be able to make it. Sorry guys.

However you have my support so let me know if you need anything. I will be promoting this event on various forums so please take some great pics.

srb3189
12-21-07, 1:11 pm
Thanks for letting us know guys. I look forward to seeing all of you who can make it on the 5th and I look forward to meeting all of the guys who can't make it at the next event.

-Steve

naturalguy
12-21-07, 1:41 pm
New NYC date confirmed...

Saturday, February 16th, 2pm

Frenchie's Gym
303 Broadway #3
Brooklyn, NY

One of the true hardcore, old school gyms still alive and kicking. They don't make em like this any more. Be there

ChandlerXJ
12-21-07, 4:17 pm
Dudes, this event may need a new venue. Just got back from talking to the REGIONAL manager of this gym chain, and basically the guy said...

If I let 25 guys work out for free, thats $20 in guest passes we're missing out on, so say $500 in the register. How will this make up the $500?

I looked at him and said...

Is this a gym you're running, or a social event?

He wants to know what HE will get out of it.

All the other managers and employees want this, because it's good promotion, etc.

Luckily, my old trainer works there and he is going to try to work it out.

I'm sorry about all this, but I will keep you guys posted. Keep your fingers crossed guys...

There is no way I want any of you to drive 2 hours and pay 20 bucks to train here. NO FUCKING WAY. This gym was totally different last year, I don't know what's happening.

Any ideas?

ct italian 1
12-21-07, 7:11 pm
Dudes, this event may need a new venue. Just got back from talking to the REGIONAL manager of this gym chain, and basically the guy said...

If I let 25 guys work out for free, thats $20 in guest passes we're missing out on, so say $500 in the register. How will this make up the $500?

I looked at him and said...

Is this a gym you're running, or a social event?

He wants to know what HE will get out of it.

All the other managers and employees want this, because it's good promotion, etc.

Luckily, my old trainer works there and he is going to try to work it out.

I'm sorry about all this, but I will keep you guys posted. Keep your fingers crossed guys...

There is no way I want any of you to drive 2 hours and pay 20 bucks to train here. NO FUCKING WAY. This gym was totally different last year, I don't know what's happening.

Any ideas?

want to try Gold's Gym, West Springfield?

jer
12-21-07, 8:34 pm
Well thats shitty news. I hope that things can be worked out. I wish I was a little closer to try and scout out some other gyms. I do however have next week off, so maybe I could do a little recon mission.

Whats the deal with Golds in West Springfield? A good possibility? Something we should run with? I'll take the drive next week if its something viable and we need someone to go up and talk to them. Would be good if someone here was a member though.

srb3189
12-21-07, 9:46 pm
lol I asked at the home gym I go to tonight if we could have it there. The response I got was "20 more guys like you? No way man". Glad my gym keeps an open mind.

So I guess right now Chandler's gym is still a maybe? I think someone in the area (maybe ct italian) should ask the golds gym if they would be down. I would do it but its a 2 hour drive for me. I will ask G if he knows of any that would let us have it there and check my local area. I hope we dont have to push this meet back but we need to get this solidified fellas.

-Steve

ChandlerXJ
12-22-07, 1:04 am
It's funny because in this part of Massachusetts, mom and pop gyms were a thing of the past. Chain gyms only care about their "numbers" aka their $$...

I met "Big Daddy", the original owner of the LEGONDARY SPRINGFIELD MASSACHUSETTS GYM Big Daddy's gym today - he was pissed that our gym was giving me shit...

Back at Big Daddy's, they had a show that was a qualifier for Mr. Universe. Arnold frequented that gym... amazing...

we'll keep our heads high boys, don't worry, we'll figure it out.

srb3189
12-22-07, 1:25 pm
It's funny because in this part of Massachusetts, mom and pop gyms were a thing of the past. Chain gyms only care about their "numbers" aka their $$...

I met "Big Daddy", the original owner of the LEGONDARY SPRINGFIELD MASSACHUSETTS GYM Big Daddy's gym today - he was pissed that our gym was giving me shit...

Back at Big Daddy's, they had a show that was a qualifier for Mr. Universe. Arnold frequented that gym... amazing...

we'll keep our heads high boys, don't worry, we'll figure it out.

Agreed man. Wish there were more places like that, someplace you could feel at home in you know?

-Steve

ct italian 1
12-22-07, 4:47 pm
I am home for winter break in CT so no longer in the area until Jan. 22nd.
Gold's West Springfield however is owned by the same guy who owns Gold's Bristol, CT, which is where I train on weekends, during breaks, summer, etc. and where I recently applied for a job. Maybe chandler can go into the W. Spfld one and inquire and I can do some research on my end down here in CT.

jer
12-22-07, 6:17 pm
I am home for winter break in CT so no longer in the area until Jan. 22nd.
Gold's West Springfield however is owned by the same guy who owns Gold's Bristol, CT, which is where I train on weekends, during breaks, summer, etc. and where I recently applied for a job. Maybe chandler can go into the W. Spfld one and inquire and I can do some research on my end down here in CT.

Thats what I'm talking about! Lets make it happen. If you guys need a little help don't hesitate to ask.

HOCKEY TEMPER
12-26-07, 12:06 am
Whatz good boys I been out of the forum for a while because I been wrestling 24/7 and as a result my weightlifting has had to take a backseat...but definetely throw my name in this chapter I probably won't be able to make the Jan event but I'll be gun hoe come spring when I'm done wrestling...I train out of the gold's gym in needham ma.

Young&Hungry
12-26-07, 3:22 pm
Seems like you boys need a hardcore gym! Check out Total Performance Sports (TPS) in Everett. I've heard awesome shit about this place, it's a highly renowned strongman/powerlifting facility. The guys from EliteFTS have had numberous seminars there. Think this place won't let you have an ABC? Here's a partial list of their equipment:

Appolons' Axle
Custom SportsStrength Twinstack 600 pound Pulldown
Westside Barbell Pro Reverse Hyper
4 different Safety Squat Bars
Custom Sports Strength Glute Ham Bench
Deadlift Bar
Cambered Bar
Buffalo Bar
Trap Bar
SportStrength Power Rack
Ton's of Bumper Plates
Aluma-Tech Sled, Farmers Walk handles, Yoke, and Log
Mastiff Log
Ton's of Southern Strongman Log's up to 12"
Southern Strongman and TPS Brand Conan's Wheel/ Viking Press/Car Deadlift
EFS Monolift
3" Thick Barbell
Jumpstrech Deadlift Platform
Tons of bands
All kinds of Grip Training Apparatus
Kettle bells
Kegs
IronMind Harnesses
Huge set of stones, and platforms
Truck pulling station (truck included)
Big Heavy Tires
Iron Grippers t-4
Southern Strongman 2" Farmers Handles and TPS Brand Farmers Handles
Experienced, helpful staff, AND NO ATTITUDES.

http://www.totalperformancesports.com/

Good luck!

ct italian 1
12-27-07, 10:05 am
no such luck yet, and the clock is tickin'.
fuck!

any ideas anyone?

G Diesel
12-27-07, 3:05 pm
Lookin' to see how this bad boy turns out... srb, ct, Chandler, if you fellas need anything let me know. Peace, G

srb3189
12-27-07, 3:35 pm
Yeah G Diesel we were all set for the springfield meeting but turns out the gym wanted us all to pay 20 dollars each to use it. Needless to say we need to find a new gym that would let us all train there for free (theres about 20 of us confirmed). So we are all trying to find a new gym to house the session. I live on the Northshore of Mass and have been trying in my area but each place Ive been to gives me the same "well they all need to get guest passes" bs. Chandler and Ct are trying big time as well but were having some difficulties.

Anyways, we will keep trying. I would hate to have to delay this thing because everyone has been looking forward to it so much but the closer we get to the date without having a gym make that possibility greater and greater. Thats where we are now. As always looking forward to getting a good session in with you fellas.

-Steve

cesmeister
12-27-07, 8:20 pm
ill be back in boston on the 4th....if anyone on here goes to northeastern university shoot me a message and maybe we can start something

-dave

ChandlerXJ
12-27-07, 8:50 pm
yeah G, the era of the mom and pop gym around here is almost over... however, although my gym is not looking like it will get lined up for this, I did run into the owner of one of the most old school gyms that was in this area, I believe I mentioned it before "Big Daddy's Gym" - they had the prequalifiying show for Mr. Universe back in the 70's and early 80's I believe. Big Daddy himself is very very interested in helping us out, and he can pull a lot of strings with the remaining hardcore gyms in the area. He said he would give me a shout as soon as he can put something together.

he feels that Animal is bringing the old school back, and he can't wait. Hopefully it will inspire him to re-open Big Daddys...

I'll keep everyone posted!

srb3189
12-27-07, 10:48 pm
good shit Chandler.

-Steve

sully
12-27-07, 11:00 pm
That Big Daddy's gym sounds awesome. I like my gym, i go to gold's in braintree, but ive heard of a lot of gyms going soft and not even allowing people to squat or do deads. sorry about the problems you guys are having finding a gym. i'm not going to be able to make it to this session, but I deff want to be a part of this.

RogueLion
12-27-07, 11:05 pm
I think I'm going.

jer
12-28-07, 11:10 am
I hope we can pull this off. Looking forward to it. Time's a ticking to find a place.

ct italian 1
01-01-08, 2:01 pm
any news chandler?

Shark
01-02-08, 1:20 pm
Any news guys? Tick tock....

jer
01-03-08, 4:36 pm
So....any news?

I'm guessing this isn't going to happen this weekend. I've got a bunch of offers to do some stuff on Saturday(my birthday), but I said I was down for this and I still am. Someone tell me it's ON.

If its got to be postponed to a future date, so be it, but don't let this Mass session just fade away. Whoever works out at a good gym in Mass, see if your place is down to letting a crew come in there and represent what we're about.

ct italian 1
01-03-08, 5:09 pm
I really want to make this happen, even if it gets delayed, WE WILL HAVE A MA GATHERING!

loiacanoa
01-03-08, 7:34 pm
whats the deal??? and if we can't find something for the 5th we should pick another date!

srb3189
01-04-08, 1:28 am
Since we cannot get a gym to do this date I think we will HAVE to get this postphoned. As sad as it is that I have to say that it its the only option. I feel like I have failed as a coordinator but I have not found any gyms that will allow us to hold an event there without paying a extrordinary amount of money. We will keep looking for a gym that will house such a gathering. We need to get this off the ground. This will happen.

Sincerely,
Steve

ct italian 1
01-04-08, 12:00 pm
MA guys post up! where do you train, let's get some names out there...

srb3189
01-23-08, 8:47 am
I found a gym. Not only a gym but it is probably one of the most hardcore powerlifting/bbing gyms in Massachusetts. Its called Gym Warriors, the description of powerliftingwatch.com is :THIS IS A GYM THAT POWERLIFTING USA WROTE ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO IT IS THE MOST HARDCORE GYM IN THE COUNTRY. IT IS FULLY EQUIPED FOR POWERLIFTING , CHAINS, CHALK, EQUIPMENT, RACKS, 100 LB PLATES, HUGE DUMBELLS, EVERY THING YOU NEED. INCLUDING SOME SHIRTS AND SUITS. CONTESTS ARE HELD REGULARLY AT THIS GYM. IT IS 7500 SQUARE FEET 14 MIN FROM BOSTON. IT IS FOR BODYBUILDERS, AND POWERLIFTERS MAINLY. THERE ARE ALSO SOME STRONGMEN. THE GYM HAS BEEN IN EXISTANCE FOR 3 YEARS IT HAS PRODUCED 1 PROFESSIONAL STRONG MAN (LEW PEPPE) 4 NATIONAL LEVEL BODYBUILDERS NPC, AND 4 RECOGNIZED POWERLIFTERS, GARRETT BRAUMAN, LEW PEPPE, JY GABIOLA, AND SCOTT OLSON. IT IS OWNED BY BODYBUILDER AND RETIRED POWERLIFTER PAUL DESIMONE COMPETED IN AAU. MAY 2006 ISSUE OF POWERLIFTING USA PAGE 44 HAS A FULL ARTICLE ON THE GYM, AND MORE INFO ..

I emailed the owner and he said its cool but that a 5 dollar guest pass is required for everyone. Personally I think thats fine guest passes are usually 20 dollars and 5 isnt all that much to pay. Its in Peabody Ma. and for all you who don't know thats northshore ma. I think this would be a great gym to have a meeting at its pretty hardcore. I have to email that owner Paul Desimone back to confirm if we want to do this so be heard.

-Steve

loiacanoa
01-23-08, 9:10 am
Count Me In! most likely + 1. I'll post as soon as I find out

ct italian 1
01-23-08, 10:57 am
I'm in, we need a date...

how about March 15th? that's 2 weeks out from my show...
def. have to have this after the arnold, there are wayy too many events at a time going on.

jer
01-23-08, 11:02 am
Nice work Steve. Way to keep this thing moving along.

Do you have any date in mind? I think It will help give people an idea as to whether or not they can attend, including myself.

Looks good though, pencil me in for now.

The Warrior
01-23-08, 11:09 am
yo fellas, i live in Templeton, Ma. which is 15 miles past the boondocks almost bordering NH. and there isn't any real places to lift out here. got 2 memberships to MuscleWorks in Gardner and Mount Wachusett Community College and both places are shit. i wish there were real powerlifting gyms out here... but personally i'd love to come to a city to lift if i had the chance.

Genetix
01-23-08, 11:27 am
Just checking in because I heard a bunch of f*cking mutants are going to unite and get a training session in. I will check back for a definite location, if it is on a weekend I will definitely be there ready for war!
I can probably get Hard Nock's as a training spot if you guys still need a gym. I am very good friends with the owner and sure I could talk to him about it. 150lb dumbells plenty of plates, chalk tray, loud tunes. Let me know.
Until then Animal Take it hard, those who take it easy just don't f*ckin grow!

-Matt Cena

srb3189
01-23-08, 1:47 pm
Lets schedule it tentatively for March 15th as Ct Italian suggested. Let us all pencil in the gym as Gym Warriors as I have stated above. Read my above post regarding important info like the 5 dollar guest fee. Also, I would like a preliminary list of who will be able to attend on the 15th at the said gym.

-Steve

Genetix
01-23-08, 8:18 pm
Count me in, March 15th at Gym Warrriors. I know right where it is in Peabody. May have to go check it out before then. See you all there.

-Matt Cena

srb3189
01-23-08, 8:23 pm
I lifted at Gym Warriors today (the place of the tentative ABC event on March 15th). It was all it was hyped up to be. I heard it was just a straight up hardcore/awesome gym and it was all that and more. My friend and I pulled up to what looks like the abandoned lot where the Animal.pak videos are shot and went up to the fourth floor of what looks like an abandoned warehouse. I was in heaven when I stepped inside. Great equipment, great machines, dbs up to 150 with great grips, even 100 lb plates. Place is a concrete dungeon, there was no heat, puddles on the floor in the places where there werent pots and pans to collect them, and only serious dudes lifting. Place is owned by Paul Disimone pro and great guy. Psyched to be lifting there.

-Steve

ct italian 1
01-24-08, 6:48 am
steve, you want to PM everybody who was on the list before and I'll talk to some of the bigger guys?

G Diesel
01-24-08, 9:51 am
I lifted at Gym Warriors today (the place of the tentative ABC event on March 15th). It was all it was hyped up to be. I heard it was just a straight up hardcore/awesome gym and it was all that and more. My friend and I pulled up to what looks like the abandoned lot where the Animal.pak videos are shot and went up to the fourth floor of what looks like an abandoned warehouse. I was in heaven when I stepped inside. Great equipment, great machines, dbs up to 150 with great grips, even 100 lb plates. Place is a concrete dungeon, there was no heat, puddles on the floor in the places where there werent pots and pans to collect them, and only serious dudes lifting. Place is owned by Paul Disimone pro and great guy. Psyched to be lifting there.

-Steve

Sounds like a perfect spot srb... Glad the MASSachusetts session is finally falling into place. Peace, G

ct italian 1
01-24-08, 5:30 pm
Sounds like a perfect spot srb... Glad the MASSachusetts session is finally falling into place. Peace, G

we gonna see ya up there G? I know it's prolly quite a haul from PA...

srb3189
01-24-08, 6:39 pm
6 hours from Downingtown PA. I know I used to have a gf there. Those trips were brutal.

-Steve

ShaqFu
01-25-08, 9:49 am
Thanks for the invite boys, but I got fucking class on that day. Crush some iron for me, peace
ShaqFu

jer
01-25-08, 10:28 am
I will MOST LIKELY be there. I wish I could give you a definite, but with all the testing I do for a LE job, I MAY have a test on that day.

I will be able to give a more diffinitive answer when the time gets closer.

Genetix
01-25-08, 12:54 pm
I am a definite, MArch 15 Gym Warriors. May have a few more guys to join up with me for the brief drive but not sure as of yet. I will keep you updated, possibly four of us total.

Cellerator65
01-25-08, 3:17 pm
i should be able to attend... if my calculations are correct, that would be my day off from work.

DLFCFNHB
01-26-08, 1:17 pm
Anyone out there near N. Central Mass., near Fitchburg or Leominster???

NickSP
01-26-08, 4:07 pm
90% sure I'll be there brothers, what's everyone training? The gym sounds awesome, should be a great time.

DLFCFNHB
01-28-08, 7:19 pm
Anyone up more north near NH???

ct italian 1
01-29-08, 8:07 pm
get pumped up guys, this will be here before you know it!!

kelan76
01-29-08, 11:22 pm
sounding good guys...count me in

srb3189
01-30-08, 8:32 pm
CT, Intensity, have you guys had a chance to speak to any of the bigger names to see if anyone is available for March 15th? I would love to see some pros/gladiators/henchman/watchman there.

-Steve

Genetix
01-30-08, 8:59 pm
90% sure I'll be there brothers, what's everyone training? The gym sounds awesome, should be a great time.

There will be three or four of us traing legs BFT style.

ct italian 1
01-31-08, 8:17 am
CT, Intensity, have you guys had a chance to speak to any of the bigger names to see if anyone is available for March 15th? I would love to see some pros/gladiators/henchman/watchman there.

-Steve

I'll talk to G again today if possible.

Shark
02-01-08, 1:29 am
I'm good to go. I'll circle the date to make sure I remember.

naturalguy
02-01-08, 6:16 am

-Steve

Just getting caught up on this thread. I have not spoken to anyone yet but let me see what we can do.

srb3189
02-02-08, 10:54 am
Thanks guys,

Let us know.

-Steve

Silas
02-19-08, 7:41 pm
Wow I see everyone has been hard at work here.

That gym in Peabody sounds great. I can't wait to check it out and hopefully I can make a meet-up in March. I didn't know there was such a place so close to home?

loiacanoa
02-28-08, 8:15 am
getting closer...

jer
02-28-08, 8:22 am
I will MOST LIKELY be there. I wish I could give you a definite, but with all the testing I do for a LE job, I MAY have a test on that day.

I will be able to give a more diffinitive answer when the time gets closer.

Well, I knew it would happen. I got a letter yesterday saying I've got a physical agility test on that Saturday.

Sorry guys, I'm out.

ct italian 1
02-29-08, 6:00 pm
Well, I knew it would happen. I got a letter yesterday saying I've got a physical agility test on that Saturday.

Sorry guys, I'm out.

sorry to hear that Jer, we'll miss you. see ya at the next gathering! will you be @ the New Haven one in April?

jer
02-29-08, 6:19 pm
sorry to hear that Jer, we'll miss you. see ya at the next gathering! will you be @ the New Haven one in April?

Yeah, I'll be there. I'll also be at the North Jersey Strong and Shapely gathering. It just so happens that the 15th is the day of a test for me.

ct italian 1
03-01-08, 10:10 am
I'm hoping to make it down to Jersey III as well. Right now, my only confirmed "trip" is to Tarrytown, NY on the 29th lol. I have a show to win. How's your DC training going?

srb3189
03-03-08, 7:43 pm
Date-
Sat March 15th
Time-
10-2 ish
Place-
Gym Warriors
119 R FOSTER ST.
Peabody MA, 01923

DAY PASS IS 5 DOLLARS. Need anything else don't hesitate to contact me or CTItalian.

Please confirm that you are going.

-Steve

jer
03-03-08, 8:17 pm
I'm hoping to make it down to Jersey III as well. Right now, my only confirmed "trip" is to Tarrytown, NY on the 29th lol. I have a show to win. How's your DC training going?

That's right bro, take that show!

I'm off DC for now. I'm just a little burnt out with it. I've been easing into a more volume workout lately. Nothing crazy, like 30 sets a body part, but more than DC. I'll most likely go back to DC in the fall after a little break. I'm hoping this just shocks the body a little and spurs more growth.

ct italian 1
03-04-08, 11:56 am
That's right bro, take that show!

I'm off DC for now. I'm just a little burnt out with it. I've been easing into a more volume workout lately. Nothing crazy, like 30 sets a body part, but more than DC. I'll most likely go back to DC in the fall after a little break. I'm hoping this just shocks the body a little and spurs more growth.

thanks bro, and ya, always a good idea to switch things up for sure.

ct italian 1
03-04-08, 11:58 am
I will not be training on the 15th because I have to do chest @ 6:30 a.m. back home, but will still be at the event for sure.

I was thinking about it, and my diet is setup around a morning workout and to change it up just 2 weeks out from my show probably wouldn't be the best of ideas. So I'll be there to chill with you guys but I'll have already worked out that day.

loiacanoa
03-05-08, 9:32 am
Date-
Sat March 15th
Time-
10-2 ish
Place-
Gym Warriors
119 R FOSTER ST.
Peabody MA, 01923

DAY PASS IS 5 DOLLARS. Need anything else don't hesitate to contact me or CTItalian.

Please confirm that you are going.

-Steve

I'll be there w/ a few others

srb3189
03-05-08, 1:51 pm
Aaron, if you need a ride let me know.

-Steve

Cellerator65
03-08-08, 10:34 am
I'll be there saturday, maybe with 1 friend. It'll be the last day of my first stak cycle, so im gonna go for my max bench and max squat.

Silas
03-09-08, 4:27 pm
So I went down to Peabody today to check out the gym, and it is made me smile from ear to ear. Steve put down a great description of it-I am sure any Animal will think they just walked up the stairs to heaven.

Just a little help getting there though, there is going to be a brown apartment complex thing on Foster street that you want to go to the left of and down in back. The building is on your left and the gym shares it with an engineering firm. Look for the engineering sign because there is just a tiny gym sign on like the fourth floor.

I am planning on going, but with a inguinal hernia, I don't know how well I will be able to stay away from the weights. Even though I only lurk on the forums, it will be great to see everyone there. Look for kid in the red tee!

Edit: Oh and the people in there were great. The meet up is going to be awesome

ct italian 1
03-09-08, 6:57 pm
ugh, I am going through a really hard time with work at the moment and my hours may be cut if I take off anymore Saturdays (day when I'm really needed). Hopefully I can work this out with my boss, otherwise I may have to miss my own gathering which would SUCK...I'll get it straightened out though.

ct italian 1
03-10-08, 9:30 am
Due to personal issues w/ SRB & my own work-related ones, once again the first MA gathering must be post-poned. We are extremely sorry for this inconveinance but promise to hold a gathering ASAP. Let's start throwing out some ideas for dates...

loiacanoa
03-10-08, 12:45 pm
damnit

Silas
03-18-08, 2:42 pm
What does everyone work schedule look like between Friday through Sunday? I am assuming that would be the easiest place to start. I am free after 4 on Friday and should be around until Sunday afternoon.

G Diesel
03-18-08, 4:57 pm
So many tough and dedicated iron brothers in MASS... Once ct kicks ass in his coming contest, I'm of the opinion that he can definitely get this done. Let's make it happen fellas. Peace, G

ct italian 1
03-20-08, 9:20 am
This event WILL happen before the end of April. We'll still shoot for a Saturday. 12th, 19th, 26th?

Cellerator65
03-20-08, 1:43 pm
ct, do u have a log of ur diet for the past 3 months and/or training routine... i'd like to see how things worked out.

I plan on starting a cut may/june time... well once i hit 205+

ct italian 1
03-20-08, 3:36 pm
ct, do u have a log of ur diet for the past 3 months and/or training routine... i'd like to see how things worked out.

I plan on starting a cut may/june time... well once i hit 205+

I train by feel entirely so no training log/routine and as far as diet goes, I believe what works for one does not always work for others so I never really share my diets. I'd be glad to help you with some pointers but as far as following my actual meal plan...I wouldn't suggest it.

Nihility
04-09-08, 11:43 am
i live on cape cod also - wont be able to make any meet type thing in april though, im leaving to FL for two weeks soon ><

HOCKEY TEMPER
04-12-08, 12:13 pm
19th and 26th look good

ct italian 1
04-13-08, 6:23 pm
I'm out for both those dates, this is going to have to be in May sometime after the 10th.

HOCKEY TEMPER
04-13-08, 10:24 pm
Anyone with a good camera/good camera skills should tape this session and put that shit on youtube...other abc chapters have been posting their workouts...we gotta throw down and show em' what mass is all about.

ct italian 1
04-14-08, 11:36 am
Anyone with a good camera/good camera skills should tape this session and put that shit on youtube...other abc chapters have been posting their workouts...we gotta throw down and show em' what mass is all about.

that's a sick idea. maybe go as far as burning copies of the session for all who attended.

Cellerator65
04-14-08, 2:10 pm
sounds like a good idea... anyone know if srb is alright now?