PDA

View Full Version : Off The Beaten Path: The O/T Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Arbalest
01-25-07, 1:50 pm
Lets hear it. Even though we may be savage beasts in the gym, I know a lot of us are into other stuff noone would ever think of just by looking at us.

What have you got?

I'll start. I'm a huuuge computer nerd. I also play lots of RPG's (final fantasy, dragon warrior, xenosaga), and I watch cartoons, including anime.

Don't be shy...

Beefondemand
01-25-07, 1:56 pm
I study neuroscience and psychology at my university. In my spare time, I like to read about astronomy and rocket science....for fun.

ghost
01-25-07, 1:59 pm
imma huge computer geek too...and i gamer...put me in front of my 42 in plasma w.my 360...im done.

Hercules
01-25-07, 2:00 pm
Science geek.

I use a lot of what I've learned in the gym in my classroom curriculum. Since I teach physical science, I use weightlifting examples to teach force, power, work, and simple machines. I also include info on proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins and minerals and how they behave in the body in the chemistry component I teach.

Stretch
01-25-07, 2:00 pm
Yeah, I hold 2 CS degrees and spend most of my time recovering playing online when I ain't eatin or sleepin. I even work for an ISP LOL.

Arbalest
01-25-07, 2:05 pm
Yeah, I hold 2 CS degrees and spend most of my time recovering playing online when I ain't eatin or sleepin. I even work for an ISP LOL.

LOL!!! <geek></geek>

Arbalest
01-25-07, 2:07 pm
did i put this post in "this life" forum, or did someone move it?

if i did, could someone put it where it belongs in the "livin'" forum? thanks

G Diesel
01-25-07, 2:11 pm
Not necessarily on the tech/gaming/Mac level, but I definitely enjoy intellectual pursuits and I'm always seeking to gain knowledge in any and all worthwhile arenas. Peace, G

Phil800101
01-25-07, 4:05 pm
I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

No, seriously though, I am a huge movie nerd. I also read alot, and I am really into military history.

combatwombat
01-25-07, 4:13 pm
Woot!

Serious gamer here. Work in the Tech feild. Cisco is my second language.

Yeah Don't tell anyone.

Evaniel
01-25-07, 4:26 pm
Closet? I ditched that a looooong time ago.

Comics, video games, a library of books (after giving away boxes and boxes), RPGs, 80's toys--you name it. I'm also waiting to get accepted into a PhD program for Rhetoric and Composition.

It's crazy how much more mainstream geek chic (and interestingly enough, physical culture) is becoming.

Good.

PrometheusCon
01-25-07, 4:33 pm
All your base are belong to us?

Yea. I am.

I'm not as big of a gamer as I once was, but I do check daily computer forums and such. Mostly for information on the newest technology out there.

Jrsurette
01-25-07, 4:38 pm
hahaha im a graphic design major at my college and im decent at drawing and painting and shit like that lol i think there are things we all do that you wouldnt know by lookin at us brothers

NickSP
01-25-07, 5:16 pm
My life = super smash brothers, halo, setback (aka pitch), and BB

The_Dude
01-25-07, 5:46 pm
I play americas army, free on line game. I'm also into SOCOM and Quake4. Haven't played it in a while though...

Maximus
01-25-07, 6:18 pm
Lets hear it. Even though we may be savage beasts in the gym, I know a lot of us are into other stuff noone would ever think of just by looking at us.

What have you got?

I'll start. I'm a huuuge computer nerd. I also play lots of RPG's (final fantasy, dragon warrior, xenosaga), and I watch cartoons, including anime.

Don't be shy...

It's okay, I love a good RPG every once in a while, but there's nothing like the oldies like breath of fire and secret of mana for the SNES...oh and anime is great...I watch it alot

karmazon
01-25-07, 6:18 pm
Well I play some video games because I found they are awesome if you want to pass times between meals. I have age of empires III, GTA:SA, Pirates!. Oh and I love chess. That's about it.

Maximus
01-25-07, 6:26 pm
Well I play some video games because I found they are awesome if you want to pass times between meals. I have age of empires III, GTA:SA, Pirates!. Oh and I love chess. That's about it.

Did you ever play command and conquer? great game...

karmazon
01-25-07, 6:38 pm
Did you ever play command and conquer? great game...

Yeah I played Red Alert 2 I think, cool game.

PlacentiaBay
01-25-07, 7:46 pm
I'm a sucker for MMORPG's. They get alot of my leftover time.

NeverContent
01-28-07, 2:54 am
My life = super smash brothers, halo, setback (aka pitch), and BB

werdd halo 2 and super smash bros are 2 of my favorite games

NumeroUno
01-28-07, 3:21 am
I was big into CS and WC3 for a long time -_- I don't really have any video games any more :-/

(Did play Gears Of War at my friends tho, that games fuckin' awesome)

-Daniel

Built
01-28-07, 6:39 am
Degrees in Mathematics and Operations Research.

BigWillay
01-28-07, 8:55 am
this amazinggg....everybody sharing...very inciteful
well im a huge collector of bodybuilding literatures including flex magazines and muscular development, i have a huge library in my room of up to 70 muscle mags mostly all flex, some muscle and fitness, some musclemag and some muscular development. THE flex ones dat back all the way from 1983 i think...i went around all of cairo buying of magazines dealers in the street to make up this huge collection of which i have read em all for i feel they push the drive up pretty much when ur at a low point, well at least the old ones from the days when dorian was elite dats my favourite era. i also collect bodybuilding biography and personal philisophy books like mike mentzers heavy duty; dorians two books, lee haneys among many others steroid books....

Huge fan of HITMAN series, i finished all four games on PC And one again on Play station dats how much i love it, also love GTA on play station rocks finished em all too

Arbalest
01-28-07, 11:25 am
It's okay, I love a good RPG every once in a while, but there's nothing like the oldies like breath of fire and secret of mana for the SNES...oh and anime is great...I watch it alot

Heck yeah! I even own a SNES and all BOF's + Secret of evermore and mana.

You like Chrono Trigger? Thats my fav. game of all time! I've probably played it 25-30 times all the way thru, just getting all the endings. lol

PlacentiaBay
01-28-07, 12:01 pm
Heck yeah! I even own a SNES and all BOF's + Secret of evermore and mana.

You like Chrono Trigger? Thats my fav. game of all time! I've probably played it 25-30 times all the way thru, just getting all the endings. lol

i own a actual copy of secret of evermore awsome game and i had chrono trigger until i noticed they could catch upwards to 100 bucks if the case was with them on ebay. Lets just say I don't own it anymore lol

Arbalest
01-28-07, 12:20 pm
i own a actual copy of secret of evermore awsome game and i had chrono trigger until i noticed they could catch upwards to 100 bucks if the case was with them on ebay. Lets just say I don't own it anymore lol

yeah, i've got a mint copy of CT. Still shrink wrapped in its box. I'll keep it til they hit a few hundred, which i'm sure they will someday. lol

Since i OWN a legal copy i play CT on my laptop.

moose
01-28-07, 8:26 pm
i work on nuclear missiles so im surrounded by geeks. every single one of them are into WOW. (world of warcraft) but im just another dumb jock.

TARGET
01-28-07, 8:28 pm
I play with Transformers

Strongarm
01-28-07, 9:23 pm
Obsessed with MMORPG's. Guild Wars, Shattered Galaxy, and many more. Couldn't get WoW to install..something to do with my RAM setup I believe. Too lazy to figure it out. :[

karmazon
01-28-07, 9:49 pm
Oh man, chrono trigger brings good memories. That was an awesome game.

bigmack712004
01-29-07, 12:41 am
I am a nerd but I don't live in a closet. I am a computer engineering student with video game posters and a 2 foot lego yoda. I am a gamer in my free time, but with school and lifting that comes sparsely sadly.

abs
01-29-07, 2:37 am
Read quite a bit of psychology (has helped in the special needs teaching I do) and, more recently, sci-fi (Asimov); I also really like playing with words (hope you don't mind if I spew some lyrics below) and am trying to get a short story going.

We're not just 'meatheads'...

When it all looks bleak and barren,
When all you see are lies,
When those close to you fall away,
When Life is something you despise,

When you feel you're standing still,
When all your efforts seem in vain,
When goals you've set look far too distant,
When it's Hell to just stay sane,

That is when the trusted Iron,
Lights a motivational fire,
Incinerating all your doubt,
Renewing, recharging your desire,

To take this Life right by the balls,
And show it who the Hell,
Is the author of your destiny,
Chase your goals, do not quell.

Greg_G
01-29-07, 3:21 am
I feel like such a fucking nerd...

I play an internet based text wrestling game... Wrassle[dot]net
It all text based roll play... I like it. Makes you think alot... Kinda fun...

I am also a sucker for BF2 online ;)

nihiloexnihil
01-31-07, 1:05 am
I'm a medical student. Biology, physiology, physics, quantum mechanics...you name it, I dig it. I used to get chemistry sets for Christmas and almost every movie I own is science fiction.

I know everything there is to know about Star Wars, and I've also got some Batman collector's action figures.

haha, someone please beat that.

speedster00
01-31-07, 2:27 pm
I'm on ops manager for a didgital litigation wholesaler. does that tell you anything?

when I get the time I like playing FPS on the computer. Doom, Quake, FEAR....

deeder
01-31-07, 2:52 pm
Definitely not a closet nerd! I'm taking a B.Sc. with a combined major of Computer Science and Math and a minor in Physics.

big H
01-31-07, 3:19 pm
not really a gamer, but dont get me wrong i like 'em. you cant tell me you dont love halo or halo 2 lol

peace

NickSP
01-31-07, 3:43 pm
Someone mentioned Secret of Mana, fucking awesome game, never owned SNES though. And I haven't played it in a long time. To the previous, yes Halo 2 is a large part of life. However, I'm quite addicted to Guitar Hero 2 and I'm VERY upset, even suffering from withdrawal symptoms because when I got back up to school, we no longer have it in the lounge. Damn it I need to rock...

NickSP
01-31-07, 3:44 pm
Oh, and what about cards? Does anyone ever play setback (aka pitch)?

ghost
01-31-07, 4:51 pm
I know everything there is to know about Star Wars, and I've also got some Batman collector's action figures.

haha, someone please beat that.

i have an autograph from the man that created and designed Yoda. :)

jeff00z28
01-31-07, 5:54 pm
ima computer nerd. i go to school to get my degree (computer science) and im a computer technician mon-friday. i play games too. i dont see y poeple think that computers are for nerds tho

TheNaturalG
01-31-07, 5:58 pm
I love RPG games also. The way you can build up guys to their absolute strongest by doing all those little things that add up. I guess that is one of the things that made bodybuilding so appealing to me. Another thing I love is Dragon Ball Z and super heros. DBZ is one of the few cartoons you see guys pushing themselves to the limits to better themselves and it is usually for the greater good. And each super hero is so fascinating.

DEVILMAN40K
01-31-07, 6:27 pm
I'm such a nerd, i have more games/and gaming stations then a toy store. If any body is into DBZ get DBZ BT2, best game ever!!! Any way i'm really into psychology and philosophy. Also art, mainly sculpture, big part of my life. I'm wrapping up these two degrees this semester. But i'm really into anime. Hard part is knowing that i have to go to bed for an earlly workout in the morning and having to turn off late night Adult Swim. Full Metal \m/

Aengus
02-01-07, 10:32 pm
I am an avid computer geek, having built and repaired more computers than I can remember. I have made a nano into a taser. I have the plans for a rail gun. I have a 6' x3' star trek TNG poster over my computer desk. I know why Cid is cool. Even worse is my preference of reading: RA Salvatore, Robert Jordan, George RR Martin, shit like that. I love D&D, and have prolonged and heated discussions about RPG's. I have dressed as a Jedi, had kanji on my ass, and love Hellsing.

I can fix damned near anything electronic, while blindfolded and shackled, and I can't begin to describe how jealous I am of the MythBusters. That is my fucking DREAM job.

I am called "The Bear", not because I am a bearded, sturdy individual, but because my fiance shortened it from Honey Bear.

I teach computer classes on animation and digital design.

I know how to use LYNX and VI, and dammit, GNOME sucks. Get over it!

My other geekiness is in politics and current affairs. I know all the answers on Wait Wait, and I read Bob Woodward's book. I have actually screamed at a tv while a politician was giving a speech because I knew he was subtlely misinforming the press the intent of a bill he was trying to pass.

Finally, I like physics. It is cool.

InternalMassacr
02-02-07, 11:47 am
WORLD OF WARCRAFT allll the way...LVL 23 Elf (nerd) Warrior woohooo!

I do not know how I got into this game because I was pretty reluctant to play any rpgs, more of a shooter guy. (half life series). Wow this game is awesome, but of course I can't tell my friends.

Anybody here play it? If so add me ---- Aggaloch

Maharg
02-02-07, 12:16 pm
Im not closest about the fact i love video games. After school work and weights i go home drink my shake and kick back with my 360

jac71
02-02-07, 12:40 pm
Definetly not a closet..I have a degree in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics (it sounds a lot better than just Math)..am working on Cisco certifications. oh and I work on the telecom industry

Thorgrym
02-02-07, 1:11 pm
Im a recovering 5 year Evercrack junkie. Im playin FF XII atm and I tend to watch alot of anime and watch sci-fi stuff all the time. I used to read alot of comics and enjoy super cheesy movies.

Other then that its all gym and combat sports and time with the kids.

Thor

Toni69
02-02-07, 1:30 pm
Ok, am I a closet nerd if I stay up late at night watching sex in the city episodes over and over while I skim the edges of my lowfat icecream until there is just a mountain left in the center? Which, by the way...is getting smaller and smaller every day!

Grim Tavis
02-02-07, 1:38 pm
Wow...where to begin?

I am a computer network administrator that co-owns 4 LAN gaming stores called "The Matrix Gaming Centre"

So, obviously I am into gaming.

I am also an actor on TV and film and sometimes stage.

I also have this odd proclivity for spelling and grammar, so please don't get ticked off if I PM you on something!

P.S. Just to be clear "too" is not the same as "to" !!!

Haha.

Evaniel
02-02-07, 3:57 pm
Ok, am I a closet nerd if I stay up late at night watching sex in the city episodes over and over while I skim the edges of my lowfat icecream until there is just a mountain left in the center? Which, by the way...is getting smaller and smaller every day!

Nah, just a good ol' American girl. My wife has similar tendencies. It's cute almost to a fault.

Jewfro
02-02-07, 4:30 pm
im a musician. If im not training, eating, or sleeping, im studying theory and shredding the shit out of my guitar. last year i was hitting the weights four days a week, and on my off-days i was at band practice. I had to decide what was more important, so here i am.

InternalMassacr
02-02-07, 4:45 pm
im a musician. If im not training, eating, or sleeping, im studying theory and shredding the shit out of my guitar. last year i was hitting the weights four days a week, and on my off-days i was at band practice. I had to decide what was more important, so here i am.

oh yea i forgot...I am a musician as well. So my daily schedule goes alittle like this.

work
gym
rehearsal

work
gym
rehearsal

santa cruz
02-02-07, 5:21 pm
dont do much gaming, got a chipped x box in loft go up twice a week choice of 50 games, do some drawing n painting, keeps me quiet.......... not enough time to visit geekville though, have to maintain the animal persona...

Stretch
02-02-07, 8:34 pm
I know how to use LYNX and VI, and dammit, GNOME sucks. Get over it!

Emacs and KDE Rule!!!!! LOL

conan
02-02-07, 8:44 pm
I like to play video games, surf the net and am an assisstant coach on my sons 7 year old hockey team

dmnspdg
02-02-07, 9:01 pm
Been a Geek for a while...basicly live the "office space" life during the day. Systems analyst, so logic, tinkering, etc... Weekend nights I stay up late watching cheesy kung-fu or B rated horrer movies (Dawn of the Dead)

Used to play RPG's but that was like in the 80's..I don't think i have the attention span to be a hard core gamer...Used to be a MADDEN Fiend

PlacentiaBay
02-02-07, 10:08 pm
SCARFACE the game, need i say more. i finished the game within 4 days of play lol and still play the sht out of it to this date had a copy of the collectors edition back ordered.

Arbalest
02-03-07, 1:00 am
Another bit of nerdiness I forgot to mention:

I lift to Final Fantasy Soundtracks. Lmao! Even though the music is really calm and relaxing, it gets me pumped!

Hollywood
02-03-07, 1:41 am
I just finished up playing Zelda for N64, so I'd call myself a nerd to some degree. And like Nick I'm ADDICTED to Guitar Hero 2 but I dont have it!

Cyrus The Virus
02-03-07, 2:37 am
I like comics and playing video games.

brewtality
02-03-07, 3:21 am
I'm a Chemical Engineer, and I'm taking up my MS Chem Engg right now with 1 year left in my MS Thesis. woohoo!!

I was also a huge Warcraft 3 (I got addicted since WC1) and Neverwinter Nights fan back then.

Aengus
02-03-07, 6:31 pm
Emacs and KDE Rule!!!!! LOL

Seriously! Vi was made by some fucking crackhead...there was a funny article about it a while ago...apparently the guy who built it thought it was intuitive...as per usual. KDE is awesome, and nano ain't al that bad as editors go. I think KDE is good because it lets you tow the line between the crappy, over-minimalist GNOME, and the over-bloated Enlightenment interface packages.

Oh, yeah...um...and they both display this forum rather well (trying to keep the animal cred here on the thread)

PS: this forum doesn't really look all that great in lynx.

When I was a kid I used to be a RPG/2D fighting games Nerd..

I played all SquareSoft and Enix Rpgs at Playstation and I’m official King of Fighters 98 champ of my Country haha!!

Now a days I’m focus on my career get a Master and improve my language line-up.. Until now I can speak 5

Look to Big Nasser; He's a Frightening Monster, Uncrowned Mr.O, has 3 Masters degrees and speaks 7 languages.. He is a Top Nerd and he inspires me must then all haha!!

Jewfro
02-06-07, 5:00 pm
oh yea i forgot...I am a musician as well. So my daily schedule goes alittle like this.

work
gym
rehearsal

work
gym
rehearsal

haha yeah man, mine goes:

school
gym
practice/studying

plus work on my offdays

Big George
02-06-07, 5:14 pm
All nerds know there are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that don't...

Ex-support tech, ex-military, ex-help desk mgr...now a network analyst for a gvmt organization...

We XBOX, etc at the house, but we don't get too complicated - old skool box, about 5 pc's (home business too)...projector in the liv. room, etc...

Arbalest
02-06-07, 5:23 pm
All nerds know there are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that don't...

lol... i was just thinking of getting that shirt yesterday! thinkgeek

CAPO190
02-06-07, 7:23 pm
i used to play in halo 1 FFA tournaments and win some decent cash :) i was hella good and was extremely bummed when halo 2 came out, replaced halo 1, and sucked as a game in whole. i mean, it was ok, but halo 1 required much more skill to be good at . halo 2 relied too much on luck (aka having the best weapon combo, or a rocket launcher, or powerups, etc.)

i havent played any games for a few years now except i'm known to play madden occasionally :) i love it hehe

but other than that, nah i'm not a nerd

kylespitfire
02-06-07, 11:19 pm
xbox 360 runs my life when im not in the gym and these internet forums are killing me

pump or die
02-06-07, 11:58 pm
i enjoy learning about the history of my region, and the united states overall, i also like maps and geography for some reason too.

Gambit
02-08-07, 12:53 am
I wrote a novel and I'm working on the sequel while revising the first one to get it published (hopefully!!!)

I love movies...everything about them

I love reading history on samurai, knights, all sorts of "honorable" men from history...

7Forty7
02-08-07, 8:07 am
I have a degree in Software Engineering and fly aircraft for a living - and if you think that's not geeky, let's just say most airline pilots are more Bill Gates than Tom Cruise.

rockyIV
02-08-07, 10:32 am

What have you got?

Don't be shy...

I'm an engineer by trade, so that automatically qualifies me for nerd or geek status. I really don't care though.

MyWar
02-08-07, 11:02 am
My love for the calculus is well known and unparalleled. Girls have even offered themselves to me on a silver platter in exchange for my tutoring services.

Cheko
02-08-07, 11:05 am
Geek ... yep ... I keep my MCSE up to date. If you know what MCSE is then your probably a Geek too...

Arbalest
02-08-07, 12:02 pm
My love for the calculus is well known and unparalleled. Girls have even offered themselves to me on a silver platter in exchange for my tutoring services.

LMAO!!!!

Aengus
02-08-07, 8:26 pm
Geek ... yep ... I keep my MCSE up to date. If you know what MCSE is then your probably a Geek too...

That is a difficult and expensive thing to pull off (unless the boss pays for it). Good job.

MickMars
02-12-07, 1:44 pm
Hey guys, I got a question for you animal gamers out there. I'm not really into all this gaming stuff but I'm thinking about getting a new video game console just for kicks. I'm considering getting either a Xbox360, nintendo wii or PS3. Which do you guys suggest?

Shark
02-12-07, 3:47 pm
Science geek here.

and..................I play world of warcraft when I can't sleep. *shame

Arbalest
02-12-07, 5:26 pm
Science geek here.

and..................I play world of warcraft when I can't sleep. *shame

When i first started cutting.. I would play WoW... it kept me occupied and my mind off of how hungry i was. lol

now i have ZERO time to play.. so i cancelled my sub. =(

Lestat
02-13-07, 4:10 am
gifted painter and sculptor... although current lifestyle has forced me to put that on the back burner

tanktwism
02-13-07, 3:27 pm
I am in law school on scholarship and read sociological theory for fun.

ghost
02-13-07, 3:42 pm
Hey guys, I got a question for you animal gamers out there. I'm not really into all this gaming stuff but I'm thinking about getting a new video game console just for kicks. I'm considering getting either a Xbox360, nintendo wii or PS3. Which do you guys suggest?

wait til after the recalls are done with the wii....i have a 360 and refuse to get ps3. too much friggin money if you ask me.

i am in love with my 360. :)

Arbalest
02-13-07, 3:44 pm

NO!!! get a PS3.. when they do the Price cut! Wii is just a trend, and will fade... unless you're a fatass kid who needs to be moving around, get the PS3 or the 360.. or both! =) lol

ghost
02-13-07, 3:46 pm
everything is extra with the ps3 though...tooooooo expensive if you ask me, id rather spend the money on my weights or supps.

Arbalest
02-13-07, 3:48 pm
everything is extra with the ps3 though...tooooooo expensive if you ask me, id rather spend the money on my weights or supps.

Price cut!! ;) lol

I've figured it all out... You can afford all 3 if: You get sponsored by Universal and get all your Paks for free!

See? Saved TONS of $$$ already!

ghost
02-13-07, 3:50 pm
Good thinking!

Secur1ty
02-13-07, 6:16 pm
Im a big closet nerd... I build computers, and service them for my friends sometimes. Same with Gaming. Im a decent gamer... not as much of one as i used to be though.

Actually, i built a computer for Zealz. If you dont know who he is, he's a member here at these forums.

Im also a gearhead, and i love to work on small engines.. especially on my Four Wheeler.

BeastofBurden
02-13-07, 6:23 pm
Used to be a big time gamer when I was small and weak haha.. No seriously I was before I found this website which changed my life. I used to game a lot on the computer Playing America's Army with the headset and everything haha I was pretty good and felt pretty bad ass with my M4 I'm not gonna lie. haha

I still definetly enjoy a good Halo game or SOCOM game with the headsets and everything.. HELL i'm not gonna lie, just yesterday I completed the story line on Combined Assault on Admiral in like 3 hours haha.. Love killin those terrorists.. too much fun.

eblnyc
02-13-07, 6:57 pm
I read every kind of book i can get my hands on!from the lost art of dumbell training to daily sex to a catcher in the rye!!! knowledge is the key!

Barron
02-13-07, 7:00 pm
Im a science nerd... Biology/PreMed major... i wanna be an orthopedic surgeon

one day, as me and my buddy rested after a workout ,we watched a special on the discovery channel about sperm whales.... sad, i know

Secur1ty
02-13-07, 7:08 pm
Yea... actually im going to work at getting my Ph.D in Meteorology when i graduate high school next year.

I'll be the strongest guy on the weather channel that anyone's ever seen. lol

Axe
02-13-07, 7:40 pm
I have a Masters Degree in project management from Athabasca U. if that counts.

I also can't get enough of playing BF2 online. (sorry wife...I just gotta frag somebody!)

Axe
02-13-07, 7:43 pm
Now that I think about it....it would be interesting to see how everybody here makes a living!

Anyone want to start a thread on 'How You Pay The Rent'?

Aengus
02-13-07, 9:10 pm
Science geek.

I use a lot of what I've learned in the gym in my classroom curriculum. Since I teach physical science, I use weightlifting examples to teach force, power, work, and simple machines. I also include info on proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins and minerals and how they behave in the body in the chemistry component I teach.

My teachers never did this. I want my childhood back.

Big Rich
05-24-07, 8:53 am
I believe in old-school simplicity also...
But there is a time and a place for detail and analysis.
You cannot simply say to make everything easy and take the simple way out. The world needs brilliance and thought too. Including any sport.

eblnyc
05-27-07, 1:48 pm
i just want to give props to all the men who have died protecting our way of life and all the guys over in iraq! strength and honor to all of you! iam suprise someone didnt get to this before me!

MELTDOWN
05-27-07, 2:20 pm
amen, brother.my neighbor has both sons in iraq and a nephew in the ground already. we can't do what we do without those folks.

ncsu06
05-27-07, 8:02 pm
Ordinary life wouldn't be possible with out these brothers over there...I have an Uncle in the service and i have more respect for that man than anyone....Brothers in the services we are here for you...here is a quote from a song that fits here pretty well...
"if i was on the highest cliff on the highest riff and you slipped off the side and clenched on to YOUR life in MY grip. I would never, ever let you down." we are here for you all...good luck brothers

ANDROTAZ
05-27-07, 11:07 pm
Fuckin' a, my man. I was watchin' Jarhead last night thinking about this...God bless those fuckin' hard-nosed sumbitches fighting for every right we have.

musclealchemist
05-28-07, 12:21 am
Freedom aint free, and many men over the years have proved that saying true. Thanks to all who have served and or serving our country.

eblnyc
05-28-07, 8:48 am
i also forgot to mention the women!

BamBam
05-28-07, 12:35 pm
Amen...I lost a buddy who I went to High School with in Iraq. He graduated a year b4 me but I played football with him and had 2 classes with him and we had that brotherly bond due to ball. He was killed in duty by a bomb strapped to a hummer...his unit passed the road block (the hummer), and it was detonated...Just a reminder that freedom aint free...I know the weights are hard...but I tell myself it could be worse or "try being shot at." I really got a lot of repspect for these guys and will never be able to thank them like they deserved to be. Just remember today as being a day to remember, kick back, and chill with family. Oh yeah, and POUND the deviled eggs! haha

Respect-
BamBam

widdlewade44
05-28-07, 1:01 pm
I wish all the best to those past, present and future who have and will serve.

It is with great honor and sacrifice that our men and women serve.

Kevin
widdlewade44
Sgt
USMC '88-93

MetalAsh12
05-28-07, 1:07 pm
Props to everyone who has served and will serve in the armed forces. Hoorah.

MO_500057
05-28-07, 1:07 pm
I would like to give a shout out to all those that can no longer hear me. You are truley missed. You gave more than most in life and continue to give in your death. To those in Ar Ramadi keep your heads low and your barrels clean. To all in Bagdad keep a sharp eye on the road. To all others good luck as well. Hopefully we will all meet up again. Be safe.

peterpyper
05-28-07, 1:56 pm
respect to the sisters and brothers in the service,god bless and good luck

RipTheMonster
05-28-07, 8:57 pm
I agree, respect needs to be paid, every time i think my life is a little tough, i remind myself of the soldiers fighting in Iraq. I remind myself my life ain't tough, it's easy compared to those who don't have a choice.

saint of the gym
05-29-07, 1:40 am
I agree, respect needs to be paid, every time i think my life is a little tough, i remind myself of the soldiers fighting in Iraq. I remind myself my life ain't tough, it's easy compared to those who don't have a choice.

I have 4 friends that just got back from Iraq, and 2 others headed in a week. I thank my friends and others that will fight for me and all Americas. Forget what the news channels say, my friends tell me that Iraq isn't all hate and killing. One of my friends told me that he had several Iraqis thank him for being there. I thank every soilder, in the past, present, and future.

Legacy
05-29-07, 1:46 am
I wanna say thanks for all of yall who appreciate the service, my brother just returned from Iraq and is leaving to go back soon, he wanted me to tell yall thanks for the support

karthik
05-29-07, 2:29 am
no need to feel bad for those who died, their souls are probably in heaven and they are smiling watching us from the skies. They died fighting for what they believe in and that alone propels and places them in a very high place in society. Being a fellow soldier and in a medical unit, and having seen the most gruesome case of a fellow soldier who had half his head blown off and requiring 15 stitches to sew his head back together, makes one realize how tough someone has to be to mentally healthy when they come back home from a deployment.

On another note the next time any of you guys and gals see a veteran who is described as "crazy or a lunatic", dismiss those false and highly exaggerated claims, and offer some encouraging words of love and wisdom, and try your best to offer help. I refuse to believe that someone who has seen his best friend die in battle or seen some really horrific stuff or feels betrayed, should ever be isolated and labeled a "crazy person or maniac." If people really claim to support the troops, no military personnel coming back from Iraq should ever feel isolated, or lonely because they cause discomfort to the average person due to their "issues". This is truly what "Supporting the Troops", and celebrating Memorial Day should be all about. Respecting and Paying Homage to those who died in battle, and those who survived and came back home to their families.

Bombshell
10-22-07, 8:15 pm
I know this may seem a little off topic of the every day norm. But I would like to ask.....

In light of the Halloween season:

What is your favorite scary movie?

I have a few parties to attend this upcoming week and thought a scary movie is in order!!! (I love watching them alone in the dark. lol)

Pizzalamp
10-22-07, 9:39 pm
hmmm
the original Fog
Arachnophobia
House of 1000 corpses
night of living dead

Bear
10-22-07, 9:41 pm
the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the friday the 13th series...

flamey40
10-22-07, 9:48 pm
Animal Arms

It scares me how much weight Wrath can barbell curl.

musclealchemist
10-22-07, 10:01 pm
Animal Arms

hahaha, thats some goodddd stutff.

Geek
10-22-07, 10:08 pm
Animal Arms

that was great...i laughed so hard muscle milk came out of my nose....

MonTanaMusCle
10-22-07, 10:14 pm
Silver Bullet.

I watched it when I was young and have been scared of werewolfs ever since

violator
10-23-07, 6:52 am
Animal Arms

haha....when he starts to scream, i wanna run & hide....thats a monster there...

NPC Chicka
10-23-07, 8:15 am
The Exorcist......

Without a doubt, the scariest movie of all time. The theme song still frightens me.

NPC CHicka

krazyassmexican
10-23-07, 8:21 am
The Exorcist......

Without a doubt, the scariest movie of all time. The theme song still frightens me.

NPC CHicka

i agree with you
i have to add

IT!
that fucking clown scares me i cant handle that movie

MetalAsh12
10-23-07, 8:43 am
Pet Semetary

DreamZero
10-23-07, 8:46 am
The Thing.

Toni69
10-23-07, 9:59 am
The Exorcist......

NPC CHicka

You know what? I thought it was till I watched it a while ago and was like..this isnt scary!

Old time favorite of mine....THE SHINING BABY!!!
Next....Psycho..Norman Bates freaks me out!
Next...Alfred Hitcocks..THE BIRDS!!! Oh hell yea!

R.Bearse1
10-23-07, 10:04 am
It's not a classic one but Dead Silence is pretty good.

Nightmare on Elm Street!
The 1st 3 Friday the 13th's

Also if any of ya'll want to go out and see a "scary" movie. 30 Days of Night is pretty intense

brandonA
10-23-07, 10:21 am
Candyman

Still cant go in to the bathroom with out turning the lights on 1st..

-B

Toni69
10-23-07, 10:22 am
Candyman

-B

Brandona..Im laughing my ass off right now! LOL

NPC Chicka
10-23-07, 10:24 am
It's not a classic one but Dead Silence is pretty good.

Nightmare on Elm Street!
The 1st 3 Friday the 13th's

Also if any of ya'll want to go out and see a "scary" movie. 30 Days of Night is pretty intense

I've been eyeing that one for a while now.........? Good flick you say? May have to go see that one.........

NPC CHicka

R.Bearse1
10-23-07, 10:25 am
Brandona, I'm kinda right there with you....but a lil different.

I can't sleep with my door open...just because of all the scary movies where all you see is the killers silouette(sp?). lol

R.Bearse1
10-23-07, 10:26 am
I've been eyeing that one for a while now.........? Good flick you say? May have to go see that one.........

NPC CHicka

Yeah...crazy intense and then I'm one that tries to figure movies endings out....could not do it for this one. No big twists....just couldn't figure out how it was gonna wrap up.

JMC
10-23-07, 10:46 am
The Exorcist......

NPC CHicka

Now we're speakin my language here! I'm with you on this on....one of my favorite movies of all time!!!

Upstatebuilder07
10-23-07, 11:08 am
Animal Arms

fuck you took the words right outa my mouth, wrath is the scariest monster ive ever seen!

niladmirari88
10-23-07, 11:49 am
The Shining. Stanley Kubrick is a god. Jack's performance is just tremendously frightening.

Here's Jonny.

J-Dawg
10-23-07, 12:09 pm
Hey fellas, I just wanted to say that for the time being, let's dedicate this thread for OT stuff. We'll use it as an experiment and see how it goes, so feel free to post your off-topic things in here, keeping respectful of the rules of course.

Torque757
10-23-07, 1:39 pm
I like the Halloween series. Its not the scariest, but I one of my favorites.

Also, try reading steven kings 1408. Its just a short story, but is way scarier then most movies out there.

Toni69
10-23-07, 2:05 pm

Also, try reading steven kings 1408. Its just a short story, but is way scarier then most movies out there.

I dont read books when I diet for a show..cause I need a snack while I read..like cereal out of the box, ice cream, crackers, candies..something to calm my nerves when the story gets really scary...or sexy...LOL..yea...LOL

R.Bearse1
10-23-07, 2:16 pm

See I didn't think 1408 was scary. The book or the movie. It was more of a suspense than horror

brandonA
10-23-07, 2:21 pm
I dont think that Hollywood has made a really scarry movie in a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg time....well Glitter was pretty scarry I hear, never saw it....there is a move to being just gross and not really scarry.....on a side note, the car chase seen from Deathproof is great pre work out...

-B

Big Wides
10-23-07, 2:25 pm
The Devil's Rejects.....not so much as a scary movie but one of the best endings to one......

The Shining is another good one

Bombshell
10-23-07, 8:27 pm
The Devil's Rejects.....not so much as a scary movie but one of the best endings to one......

The Shining is another good one

I have to agree Big- not so much scary but twisted and demented. LOL. Lots of gore. I don't think it's quite appropriate for a Halloween gathering though. LOL. I like the shining........ Here's Johnny..... LOL.... An oldie but goodie.

Thank you all for your input. I've got some REALLY great ideas now!!!!

The exorcist NPC Chicka- That's a classic too- I have to laugh, I got this email at work the other day and lets just make a long story short, it ended with Linda Blair playing that demonic child and I nearly pissed my pants!!! I have to play it at least once a day to get a chuckle!!! :)

Northman
10-23-07, 10:13 pm
I'll get laughed at, but the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz scared the shit out of me. I was a weird kid.

Bombshell
10-23-07, 11:54 pm
I'll get laughed at, but the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz scared the shit out of me. I was a weird kid.

I wont laugh at you Stiff... LOL. those monkeys were pretty damn scary back then...... even as an adult, I find them pretty demented. LOL. Thanx!! :)

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 11:56 am
Brothers,

I could have rested, but I didn't. I could have taken it easier, but I didn't. Now, my rotator cuff feels like it may be torn. I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor to see what's happening, but I'm not too optimistic.

Take my advice, brothers: listen to your body, not your ego.

Erik
11-07-07, 12:53 pm
Or at least listen to your training partner.

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 12:56 pm
Or at least listen to your training partner.

Oh, shut up.

Torque757
11-07-07, 1:04 pm
Oh, shut up.

LOL... Good advice, by the way...

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 1:05 pm
LOL... Good advice, by the way...

That wiseass is, in fact, one of the members of my training team.

Erik
11-07-07, 1:09 pm
That wiseass is, in fact, one of the members of my training team.

Actually, Im kind of the founder of the team.

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 1:12 pm
Actually, Im kind of the founder of the team.

Yeah, but I'm kind of the head of the team (named after me, having the car, loud and boisterous, etc.), although I see it as an equality.

Erik
11-07-07, 1:14 pm
LOL yes, you are the loud one!! And you have Johnny bravo hair, but thats neither here nor there.

Erik
11-07-07, 1:15 pm
And having the car kind of makes you the "Han solo" of the team.

Erik
11-07-07, 1:20 pm
But in all seriousness, we have to do everything we can to not make that injury worse.

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 1:21 pm
And having the car kind of makes you the "Han solo" of the team.

Han Solo was, in fact, a general in ROTJ.

Here's the rundown:

Mr. Thursday Night = Hollywood Hogan
Buzzkill Bonini = Kevin "Big Sexy" Nash
G-Unit = Scott Hall

(Anyone whom has ever been turfed from the nWo: Gerry)

We just need to conduct sneak attacks on our fellow gym members. (e.g. Throwing chalk in their eyes, whipping people with our belts, spray painting TNA on their backs, etc.)

Erik
11-07-07, 1:25 pm
Han Solo was, in fact, a general in ROTJ.

Here's the rundown:

Mr. Thursday Night = Hollywood Hogan
Buzzkill Bonini = Kevin "Big Sexy" Nash
G-Unit = Scott Hall

We just need to conduct sneak attacks on our fellow gym members. (e.g. Throwing chalk in their eyes, whipping people with our belts, spray painting TNA on their backs, etc.)

Sounds like fun! We might get thrown out of the gym though, and maybe arrested.

Mr. Thursday Night
11-07-07, 1:32 pm
Sounds like fun! We might get thrown out of the gym though, and maybe arrested.

The gym is in North Bergen; there's NO WAY we'd get arrested.

Did you apply for the Strong and Shapely free pass?

Erik
11-07-07, 4:22 pm
Sure did!!!

D-Bomb
11-07-07, 4:55 pm
guys, I know this is an off-topic thread, but if your going to bash each other and that type of trash then it won't be accepted. keep it to your smsing and phoning brothers. stick with the forum rules.

how come you let your rotator cuff deteriorate so dramatically? bro, ya gotta take care of your body it is a temple.

matic-
11-08-07, 12:37 am
I just watched another episode of Ultimate fighter: team hughes vs team serra, and I noticed that the one fighter, jon koppenhaver, had 2 animal tattoos. One was the logo on the back of his left hand and the other was bigger and looked like some variation of the animal logo over his left obliques...

Just through i'd share this...I thought it was kinda cool that he had those tats and it was on spike tv...

Mr. Thursday Night
11-08-07, 1:39 pm
guys, I know this is an off-topic thread, but if your going to bash each other and that type of trash then it won't be accepted. keep it to your smsing and phoning brothers. stick with the forum rules.

how come you let your rotator cuff deteriorate so dramatically? bro, ya gotta take care of your body it is a temple.

D-Bomb, Erik is my training partner, one whose balls I never mind busting! As for my shoulder, let me put it this way: I never know when to stop. Yes, it's stupid, but what can I say?

D-Bomb
11-08-07, 2:17 pm
Good to note: But no bashing on this site, that is all i ask no matter if ya best friends, I understand it but rules are rules brother. :-)

Yeah I can imagine, im prone to push way too far myself...ah well get it sorted out bro!

TNEVZ
11-08-07, 2:46 pm
I noticed that too, and isn't there a guy on here with the name war machine?

brandonA
11-08-07, 2:48 pm
I noticed that too, and isn't there a guy on here with the name war machine?

nope

Lethal_Banana
11-08-07, 2:52 pm
It's cool with all those tats etc, but I am so glad he lost though.

Cheers,
LB

norrim1
11-08-07, 2:54 pm
You guys can go to his myspace page and check it out. He explains what his tattoo's mean. The A's stand for "anarchy".

born0withno0soul
11-08-07, 3:03 pm
You guys can go to his myspace page and check it out. He explains what his tattoo's mean. The A's stand for "anarchy".

lol, thats what most people mistake my animal clothing for

Cstlfx
11-08-07, 3:37 pm
Yea, the Animal "A" and the Anarchy "A" are pretty different. Easy to mistake the two, but they're anarchy tattoos.

D-Bomb
11-08-07, 3:58 pm
i picked up an anarchy "A" that i use for my neck chain, i wear it as my animal devotion. 2 years ago i burnt that fucka into my skin haha, right shoulder...forever i am animal.

matic-
11-08-07, 9:53 pm
oh ok...but the tat on his hand is REALLY similar to the animal logo...

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:04 pm
So what are you fellas doing this weekend? Any good movies out?

Bob
11-09-07, 4:07 pm
This weekend is gonna be a weekend of relaxing. Gonna eat my heart out. Gotta love bulking! No good movies that I know of for the weekend. Just gonna catch up on some hoops action over the weekend.

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:10 pm
So what are you fellas doing this weekend? Any good movies out?

American Gangster looks like it's going to be pretty good. Anyone see saw 4 yet?

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:10 pm
This weekend is gonna be a weekend of relaxing. Gonna eat my heart out. Gotta love bulking! No good movies that I know of for the weekend. Just gonna catch up on some hoops action over the weekend.

Nice B... You a hoops fan?

J-Dawg
11-09-07, 4:12 pm
American Gangster looks like it's going to be pretty good. Anyone see saw 4 yet?

Heard that was a great movie.
Haven't seen Saw 4 yet. Still gotta catch up with Saw 3. I've only seen the first two. I gotta be in the right mood to watch those movies haha.

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:14 pm
Haven't seen Saw 4 yet. Still gotta catch up with Saw 3. I've only seen the first two. I gotta be in the right mood to watch those movies haha.

Yeah the 3rd is a little different than the first 2. Do you like scary movies J-Dawg?

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:15 pm

I've never seen any of the "Saw" series... American Gangster would be a better movie if Tony Scott had directed it instead of Ridley Scott. That said, how bad could it be with Denzel and Russell Crowe starring? Gonna catch up on episodes of "Dexter" while I get healthy this weekend. Peace, G

R.Bearse1
11-09-07, 4:16 pm

Beowulf is coming out I Think. Looks pretty intense.

J-Dawg
11-09-07, 4:17 pm
Yeah the 3rd is a little different than the first 2. Do you like scary movies J-Dawg?

Never been a huge fan of scary movies, but around Halloween time, I'll get in the mood to watch 'em. Most of the time, I'm too busy to keep on top of the movie scene. I'm more of a sports fanatic I guess you could say. How about you bro?

Bob
11-09-07, 4:18 pm
Nice B... You a hoops fan?

Sure am URep. Love college ball and pro. What sports ya fancy Urep?

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:19 pm
I've never seen any of the "Saw" series... American Gangster would be a better movie if Tony Scott had directed it instead of Ridley Scott. That said, how bad could it be with Denzel and Russell Crowe starring? Gonna catch up on episodes of "Dexter" while I get healthy this weekend. Peace, G

Is "Dexter" a show about a guy that's kind of a "good" killer like the Boondock Saints?

J-Dawg
11-09-07, 4:19 pm

Two things I love lol... Sports and bulking. What teams do you follow Bob?

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:21 pm
Never been a huge fan of scary movies, but around Halloween time, I'll get in the mood to watch 'em. Most of the time, I'm too busy to keep on top of the movie scene. I'm more of a sports fanatic I guess you could say. How about you bro?

I really don't keep track of too many new movies either, but if I hear enough good reviews I'll make some time for a blockbuster or two! I really like old-school scary movies. The plot was always simple and they didn't need special effects or anything to add to the excitement.

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:21 pm
Is "Dexter" a show about a guy that's kind of a "good" killer like the Boondock Saints?

Yeah he's a forensic pathologist and a serial killer who kills murderers that beat the rap in Miami. Awesome show. Peace, G

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:22 pm
Beowulf is coming out I Think. Looks pretty intense.

Looks like a fuckin video game... No offense. What happened to real people acting in real places? Peace, G

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:23 pm
Yeah he's a forensic pathologist and a serial killer who kills murderers that beat the rap in Miami. Awesome show. Peace, G

I might have to check that out, sounds pretty interesting. I like old-school detective shows. I'm a die hard Columbo fan. I know G, I'm a geek!

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:25 pm
Looks like a fuckin video game... No offense. What happened to real people acting in real places? Peace, G

That movie would have been much better in live action, why animate Angalinia when you can just flim her?....Any new ideas in hollywood, hell they are running out of video games to turn in to movies...

-B

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:27 pm
I might have to check that out, sounds pretty interesting. I like old-school detective shows. I'm a die hard Columbo fan. I know G, I'm a geek!

I'm all about some of the old detective shows bro... My taste is a little weird though. Twin Peaks, X-Files and Homicide: Life on the Streets were 3 of the best detective shows ever. But like I said, you gotta be a little weird to get into them. My current favorite? The Wire. Peace, G

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:27 pm
Sure am URep. Love college ball and pro. What sports ya fancy Urep?

Pretty much watch 'em all B... Then again, who doesn't, haha....

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:28 pm

Uh oh, don't get G started... There are at two things I know G is passionate about. First, cheesteaks. Second, movies... Err, strike that. "Films", hahaha...

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:29 pm
I'm all about some of the old detective shows bro... My taste is a little weird though. Twin Peaks, X-Files and Homicide: Life on the Streets were 3 of the best detective shows ever. But like I said, you gotta be a little weird to get into them. My current favorite? The Wire. Peace, G

Hey G, do you ever follow MMA much?

Vinny G
11-09-07, 4:30 pm
who else feels like shit since the sun goes down early now?

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:32 pm
Just a quick heads up fellas... This thread will open to "off topics" and give members a chance to talk about something other than lifting and the iron... Just remember though to follow the rules of the Forvm. They still apply here. Thanks.

Maccabee
11-09-07, 4:33 pm
It kind of sucks cause its like 430 now and its darker then usual.

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:34 pm
who else feels like shit since the sun goes down early now?

I hate it bro, i feed off the sunlight, i hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark....Its not as bad out here on the west coast YET...

-B

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:34 pm
Hey G, do you ever follow MMA much?

I very much respect those athletes, but I haven't ever really gotten into it as a spectator... I'm more of a boxing guy, but that game ain't quite what it used to be. I think back to the late 80s and early 90s in the heavyweight division and it is amazing how great those guys were compared to the current crop of fighters. I lived right outside of Atlantic City for a long time and there is definitely a whole different feeling in the air on fight night. Peace, G

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:37 pm
I very much respect those athletes, but I haven't ever really gotten into it as a spectator... I'm more of a boxing guy, but that game ain't quite what it used to be. I think back to the late 80s and early 90s in the heavyweight division and it is amazing how great those guys were compared to the current crop of fighters. I lived right outside of Atlantic City for a long time and there is definitely a whole different feeling in the air on fight night. Peace, G

I remember watching The Wide World of Sports back in the day, awsome fights that you did not need to pay for. I aint going to shell out 4 hours of work to see one round of boxing. Think Evander will make another comeback?

-B

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:37 pm

I agree with you 100% Looking back on highlight reals it was amazing to watch the kind of raw power that guys like Mike Tyson brought to the ring.

Fury317
11-09-07, 4:39 pm

Yo J Dawg, I would say DONT waste your time with Saw 3. I liked the first two, watched the third with a friend of mine....it was like the writers/directors were trying their darndest to make you puke. It was just weird. After that I figured Saw 4 was out of the picture.

Just my 2 cents

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:43 pm
Yo J Dawg, I would say DONT waste your time with Saw 3. I liked the first two, watched the third with a friend of mine....it was like the writers/directors were trying their darndest to make you puke. It was just weird. After that I figured Saw 4 was out of the picture.

Just my 2 cents

I noticed that too. Hollywood is spending too much time with blood and gore these days, I think they should focus more on the essence of what made movies truly scary.

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:46 pm
I noticed that too. Hollywood is spending too much time with blood and gore these days, I think they should focus more on the essence of what made movies truly scary.

hahahah...if it aint in a comic book or a video game anymore, they just dont know how..Pretty sad...hopefully Tarentino will save us soon...

-B

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:48 pm
hahahah...if it aint in a comic book or a video game anymore, they just dont know how..Pretty sad...hopefully Tarentino will save us soon...

-B

Yeah no kidding! Reservior Dogs and Pulp Fiction were among the best!

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:52 pm
Yeah no kidding! Reservior Dogs and Pulp Fiction were among the best!

Deathproof was pretty cool as well. I love that he makes the movies that HE wants to see...I hear that he is making an old school kung fu movie with bad dubs and everything...too cool....

-B

norrim1
11-09-07, 4:54 pm
Deathproof was pretty cool as well. I love that he makes the movies that HE wants to see...I hear that he is making an old school kung fu movie with bad dubs and everything...too cool....

-B

Yeah, that would be awesome! It's been a while since something like that has come around. Did he direct the Kill Bill movies as well?

Universal Rep
11-09-07, 4:57 pm

-B

Yeah, when you're Tarantino, you can make whatever movies you want...

G Diesel
11-09-07, 4:58 pm
Yeah, that would be awesome! It's been a while since something like that has come around. Did he direct the Kill Bill movies as well?

That he did... With a score by The Rza. Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorites as well, I want that Quentin back. Peace, G

brandonA
11-09-07, 4:58 pm

Sure did, love 'em both...I bought a stack of ol Sunny Chiba kung fu flicks at wallgreens for a buck a peice. that's what I watch on the weekends when momma is sleeping in...love that old skool shit...funny as hell...

-B

norrim1
11-09-07, 5:03 pm
Hey G, when your training video comes out, are you going to focus on just one bodypart or are you going to include seperate sessions all on one video?

Big Wides
11-09-07, 5:04 pm

Roseanne Barr?

Fury317
11-09-07, 5:05 pm
What do you guys think of No Country for Old Men...I think it could be good, but it could be cheesy as well....and it doesnt really have any stand out leads

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:09 pm
What do you guys think of No Country for Old Men...I think it could be good, but it could be cheesy as well....and it doesnt really have any stand out leads

Looks good to me. Tommy Lee Jones is always good...

-B

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:10 pm
Roseanne Barr?

Just gave me chills bro...."Oh say can you see....."

-B

Big Wides
11-09-07, 5:12 pm
Just gave me chills bro...."Oh say can you see....."

-B

see Roseanne Barr = scary.....should be casting for movies (then i woke up)

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:14 pm
see Roseanne Barr = scary.....should be casting for movies (then i woke up)

I would watch that for the same reason I saw House of Was with Paris Hilton...
-B

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:15 pm
American Gangster looks like it's going to be pretty good. Anyone see saw 4 yet?That movie looks good.

Going to the Kings game tonight.

Legs Saturday

Going to Oakland and watch the Raiders vs. Bears Sunday.

norrim1
11-09-07, 5:16 pm
How about a movie with Rosanne Barr and Rosie O'donnell? That's scary!

Fury317
11-09-07, 5:19 pm
That movie looks good.

Legs Saturday

haha damn thats sweet, pro games are always tight. Im not much of an NFL guy- more college- but I sat 50 yardline about 5th row at a Browns game(ya seats were awesome) and the only thing I remeber was how big everyones legs were. They were playing the Pats... Cory Dillions legs are like tree trunks....

Fury317
11-09-07, 5:20 pm
I would watch that for the same reason I saw House of Was with Paris Hilton...
-B

Hey B, whats your fav part of that movie....mines when Paris gets the pipe shoved through her haha....God that movie was awful

ShaqFu
11-09-07, 5:26 pm
I love it. This sounds weird but I like the darkness more than the light. I'll take cloudy weather over sunshine, but early darkness is even better, makes my walk to the gym a lot more peaceful. Something like the calm before the storm. Peace
ShaqFu

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:29 pm
haha damn thats sweet, pro games are always tight. Im not much of an NFL guy- more college- but I sat 50 yardline about 5th row at a Browns game(ya seats were awesome) and the only thing I remeber was how big everyones legs were. They were playing the Pats... Cory Dillions legs are like tree trunks....It's just cool to go to the games, I don't usually sit in the stands in Oakland...scary place sometimes..lol. I am fortunate enough to work with TV stations that have suites.

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:30 pm
That movie looks good.

Legs Saturday

Lucky...wish I was going...will be war in my house. I am die hard Raiders, Stacy is die hard Bears...we may not be talking on monday....LOL...

-B

Shukin
11-09-07, 5:30 pm
I need the sunlight myself..... If it's bringing you guys down try vitamin D3, it's been working wonders for me. We get maybe a handful of sunny days here during winter and this stuff is the saving grace.

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:31 pm
Hey B, whats your fav part of that movie....mines when Paris gets the pipe shoved through her haha....God that movie was awful

Best part of the movie...LOL..
-B

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:32 pm
Lucky...wish I was going...will be war in my house. I am die hard Raiders, Stacy is die hard Bears...we may not be talking on monday....LOL...

-BYou will love me then....GO BRONCOS!!!

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:35 pm
You will love me then....GO BRONCOS!!!

I would not wear orange to oakland bro, netural gang colors..and dont say that any louder than in your own head...LOL....

-B

SDR
11-09-07, 5:35 pm
In England we didnt get a summer, and even the daylight is all fucked up with bad weather! Gets dark here around 4.30pm...I hate it !!!!! All I do is go to work, come back, eat, train, sleep..

suffering from that thing they call S.A.D lol

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:36 pm
I would not wear orange to oakland bro, netural gang colors..and dont say that any louder than in your own head...LOL....

-BNo worries bro, no orange for me. Shit last time I was there the freaks damn near took down a 10 year old for wearing a Bronco jersey.

Cstlfx
11-09-07, 5:39 pm
Its a lot easier to get my 8 hours of sleep a night. If my teeth were pointy, i'd be a vampire.

brandonA
11-09-07, 5:40 pm
No worries bro, no orange for me. Shit last time I was there the freaks damn near took down a 10 year old for wearing a Bronco jersey.

I went to a Cards/Raiders game in Phoenix. This little guy and his wife ended up in the middle of a sea of black, wearing Cardnails gear. It was funny when the Cards scorded they stood up cheering, then the whole section of black shirts stood up and just stared at them till the sat down...But by the end of the game, every one was cool with each other...the AZ darkside is much calmer than our bros in Oakland...

-B

Freakshow
11-09-07, 5:42 pm
I am a little late to this thread...lol

American Gangster is a good movie, but VERY long...

Saw IV was just as stupid as Saw III, IMO. A good "halloween" movie out right now is 30 Days of Night.

This weekend I will be hitting the couch and hopefully watching ND win a football game.

I feel better now..lol

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:44 pm
I went to a Cards/Raiders game in Phoenix. This little guy and his wife ended up in the middle of a sea of black, wearing Cardnails gear. It was funny when the Cards scorded they stood up cheering, then the whole section of black shirts stood up and just stared at them till the sat down...But by the end of the game, every one was cool with each other...the AZ darkside is much calmer than our bros in Oakland...

-BI had seats last year above the Black Hole. It's damn hard to NOT cheer Denver, I grew up in CO and that is my team so I just cheered all the plays until I got ahold of my rep and got in the suite...then I was good.

Hoffdogg
11-09-07, 5:45 pm
I am a little late to this thread...lol

American Gangster is a good movie, but VERY long...

Saw IV was just as stupid as Saw III, IMO. A good "halloween" movie out right now is 30 Days of Night.

This weekend I will be hitting the couch and hopefully watching ND win a football game.

I feel better now..lol
I like the Saw movies, granted they aren't really that great. 30 days of night looks cool though.

R.Bearse1
11-09-07, 6:24 pm

Very true G. I'm just a fan of the actual Epic Poem that is the story of Beowulf. Fuck why would I take offense. You are bashing the movie not me..lol

Lions v. Packers..thanksgiving. That is a great rivalry, and bein from Detroit but rooting for the Pack on that game day is crazy B. so I know what you mean by the divided house thing..lol

D-Bomb
11-09-07, 6:37 pm

-B

did ya see Hostel By Quentin Tarantino? God...most gory sick shit i ever saw...weirdest thing is When the one doctor/surgeon/psycho was hacking at the dude with that 3 pronged knife thing I was biting my lips anticipating every cut and slice, guess its one of those testosterone things hey!...need to see number 2

niladmirari88
11-09-07, 6:53 pm
Don't bother with Hostel 2. It's absolute rubbish.

Riesjs
11-09-07, 6:58 pm
Sets me back a bit, but i like the cold, i like being outside and breathing that crisp tight air, wakes me up.

bobbymart
11-10-07, 3:13 pm
Candyman

-B

Scary as hell I hate that movie I cant even look at a mirror without being scared

D-Bomb
11-10-07, 3:14 pm
Don't bother with Hostel 2. It's absolute rubbish.

Hmmm, it is already off circuit over here...I'll catch it on DsTv or something when i'm bored haha...just to cure the curiosity.

GK37
11-10-07, 6:17 pm
Animal Arms

lol!!

D-Bomb
11-10-07, 6:55 pm
I can't find my animal arms disc :-( it is the most depressing thing ever...!

Fury317
11-10-07, 9:05 pm
DAMMIT! So how many other Buckeyes are mourning with me after this devastating loss. College football is ridiculous this year. Who do you guys think will take the title?

norrim1
11-10-07, 9:17 pm
DAMMIT! So how many other Buckeyes are mourning with me after this devastating loss. College football is ridiculous this year. Who do you guys think will take the title?

It could be worse, look at the Gophers! 0-7 in the Big Ten. Ouch!

Fury317
11-10-07, 9:29 pm

True haha...but being a student die hard fan Im a disappointed- I was hoping for another undefeated season even tho we probably would have been smacked by LSU or Oregon.

GK37
11-10-07, 9:54 pm

haha i'm a Illinois fan my parents went there

they beat the buckeyes today!

3 place in Big Ten!

Giant Killer
11-10-07, 10:22 pm

True haha...but being a student die hard fan Im a disappointed- I was hoping for another undefeated season even tho we probably would have been smacked by LSU or Oregon.

haha i'm a Illinois fan my parents went there

they beat the buckeyes today!

3 place in Big Ten!

KU's not doin' TOO BAD...

norrim1
11-10-07, 10:23 pm
Well at least the Vikings have a pretty decent running back...

Fury317
11-11-07, 10:18 am
KU's not doin' TOO BAD...

Hell no they are doing awesome. Complete 180 from years past...

R.Bearse1
11-12-07, 10:23 am
Well at least the Vikings have a pretty decent running back...

he almost got himself jacked up on Sunday though. The Pack was just crushin him

Universal Rep
11-12-07, 10:32 am
Morning fellas. So what's going on?

Fury317
11-12-07, 10:36 am
Morning fellas. So what's going on?

Id love to say just chillin on this day off of classes, but Im studying for my Biochemistry midterm tomorrow morning. Tons of fun let me tell you haha. 330 cant come soon enough so I can head to the gym and clear my head. So whats on the adgenda for URep?

Universal Rep
11-12-07, 10:48 am
Id love to say just chillin on this day off of classes, but Im studying for my Biochemistry midterm tomorrow morning. Tons of fun let me tell you haha. 330 cant come soon enough so I can head to the gym and clear my head. So whats on the adgenda for URep?

Biochem? Damn bro, that sounds technical. Good luck on the midterm bro. Getting usual tasks done and doing my reppin' rounds in between. You a pre-med or something?