PDA

View Full Version : Iowa (Cedar Rapids) Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3

shortstack
12-05-07, 1:10 pm
Is there anyone else in the Cedar Rapids area that would want to get this going with me?

norrim1
12-05-07, 6:59 pm
Is there anyone else in the Cedar Rapids area that would want to get this going with me?

I don't live really that far away from you. If we can find some people around your area, I could bring some of the Minnesota boys along to help support this gathering. I'll look around the forum and see what I can come up with.

Riesjs
12-05-07, 7:05 pm
I don't live really that far away from you. If we can find some people around your area, I could bring some of the Minnesota boys along to help support this gathering. I'll look around the forum and see what I can come up with.

im with ya on this one

norrim1
12-05-07, 7:06 pm
im with ya on this one

I'll look around and send out some PM's to Iowa members.

Riesjs
12-05-07, 7:16 pm
I'll look around and send out some PM's to Iowa members.

Ironaddict
vISHus
Bishop13
Nick Hatfield

norrim1
12-05-07, 7:18 pm
Ironaddict
vISHus
Bishop13
Nick Hatfield

Sweet! Let's get in contact with them and get Iowa up and running.

norrim1
12-05-07, 7:25 pm
I sent some PM's to these members. A few haven't been active for a while. Hey Shortstack, do you know of any friends or anything that you train with?

Riesjs
12-05-07, 7:27 pm
Lets hope that they check their email and it pops up there

shortstack
12-05-07, 9:50 pm
I sent some PM's to these members. A few haven't been active for a while. Hey Shortstack, do you know of any friends or anything that you train with?

There is one guy that I have asked to work out with and he's up for it. The rest of the guys at the gym I'm not sure about. I also thought that I could do some traveling also since I'm only 1 versus a whole club coming here. Whatever we come up with will be cool.
It would be great to meet some other members.

norrim1
12-05-07, 10:03 pm
There is one guy that I have asked to work out with and he's up for it. The rest of the guys at the gym I'm not sure about. I also thought that I could do some traveling also since I'm only 1 versus a whole club coming here. Whatever we come up with will be cool.
It would be great to meet some other members.

Anything we can do to help you guys out. I sent out PM's to all the Iowa guys on here and we'll see what happens. I'm sure some of the guys here wouldn't mind doing a little traveling.

karthik
12-05-07, 11:18 pm
hi, I too am now living in Iowa, originally from STL but in Iowa currently for a while.

norrim1
12-05-07, 11:21 pm
hi, I too am now living in Iowa, originally from STL but in Iowa currently for a while.

Welcome aboard bro, what part of Iowa are you located?

shortstack
12-06-07, 4:58 am

Welcome to Iowa. We don't have much but we will never run out of corn.

Riesjs
12-06-07, 1:50 pm
MN started with only 2 and went to 10, tell anyone you know!

norrim1
12-06-07, 8:38 pm
Hey shortstack, you started this show, you want to step up and be the coordinator? 3 or so of us in Minnesota will make the trip down when we can get something set up.

shortstack
12-06-07, 9:28 pm
I'll step up. That's why I started it to begin with. I sent G Diesel a PM about getting started with a branch here but if you guys want to make the trip, let me know and we can get it set up. Might want to wait a little bit, we kind of got dumped w/ show and ice but we'll defenitally get it going.

I'll also check on some other gyms besides the one I go to. There might be a place I know that is a little more geared towards animal lifting.

Thanks Minnesota for steping up to help out.

vIShuS
12-06-07, 10:26 pm
whats up guys, ive been living in iowa for about 7 years now. originally from wisconsin but had to move here due to family commplications and work conditions. 18 yrs old.

i apologize from not being on here for a long time, yeah its been a few months. ive been caught up with college, had two full/part time jobs this summer, just a buncha shit i had to deal with. but im not sure what this ABC iowa chapter is for, but im interested and willing to take part in it. any info about all of this would rock. thanks guys

-SiSu

norrim1
12-06-07, 10:42 pm
whats up guys, ive been living in iowa for about 7 years now. originally from wisconsin but had to move here due to family commplications and work conditions. 18 yrs old.

i apologize from not being on here for a long time, yeah its been a few months. ive been caught up with college, had two full/part time jobs this summer, just a buncha shit i had to deal with. but im not sure what this ABC iowa chapter is for, but im interested and willing to take part in it. any info about all of this would rock. thanks guys

-SiSu

Good to have you on board. The Animal Barbell Club is a movement that has sprung up all over the country, and even into Canada and the UK. It's a unique chance to get together with like minded individuals to train and talk shop. A great way to meet people from the forum and do some heavy training. I'll provide you with a link that some of the members have been posting in to kind of give you an idea of what you can expect. You can also click on "The Board" section and check out all of the different chapters. There's a ton of pictures of members tossing iron. Check this out, and we'll get you up to speed:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12340&highlight=ABC

norrim1
12-06-07, 10:45 pm
I'll step up. That's why I started it to begin with. I sent G Diesel a PM about getting started with a branch here but if you guys want to make the trip, let me know and we can get it set up. Might want to wait a little bit, we kind of got dumped w/ show and ice but we'll defenitally get it going.

I'll also check on some other gyms besides the one I go to. There might be a place I know that is a little more geared towards animal lifting.

Thanks Minnesota for steping up to help out.

Sounds good bro. Over the next few weeks we'll have to see who comes out of the woodwork and then we can get a good idea of what were looking at. Our first gathering was a great success and we're always on the lookout for new members.

karthik
12-07-07, 10:14 am
Welcome aboard bro, what part of Iowa are you located?

i am in fairfield, IA

shortstack
12-07-07, 1:16 pm
You're about 100 miles away. That's not too far. Do you work out with any one there?
I wouldn't mind making a trip somewhere to get the Iowa group up and going. Obviously weather permiting.
Anway let me know if you're up for it some time.

vIShuS
12-07-07, 2:20 pm
im from fort dodge (yeah i know, poor me haha) its about 2 hours from cedar rapids? i dont know too much about distance with the other citites but i could get on mapquest and easily find out

-SiSu

shortstack
12-07-07, 4:05 pm
You're about 150 miles from me and the opposite way of karthik. Maybe in a few days we can see who else is on here from Iowa and see if we can't get to a central location to meet for a work out. Or those Minnesota Animals are itchin to head down also so that's always an option.
I'll keep checkin to see who we can gather up. Stay tuned.

norrim1
12-07-07, 4:10 pm
You're about 150 miles from me and the opposite way of karthik. Maybe in a few days we can see who else is on here from Iowa and see if we can't get to a central location to meet for a work out. Or those Minnesota Animals are itchin to head down also so that's always an option.
I'll keep checkin to see who we can gather up. Stay tuned.

Looks like people are starting to gather up. I'm working on pulling people over from other forums so I'll keep you posted as to what I find.

shortstack
12-07-07, 4:17 pm
I forgot to ask if you have anyone that you're working out with?

karthik
12-07-07, 5:45 pm
You're about 100 miles away. That's not too far. Do you work out with any one there?
I wouldn't mind making a trip somewhere to get the Iowa group up and going. Obviously weather permiting.
Anway let me know if you're up for it some time.

i train mostly by myself, every now and then I train with Russ Malloy who does strongman and highland games, the other guy who spots me is a retired MMA fighter by the name of Nathan Kirby, he just started a new 24 hr gym so he doesn't really workout right now(getting everything set up and ready), but he is trying to get everything set up to the point that he can.

I am going to Florida on Dec.19th and am busy right now with this online college course that i am taking, but I am hoping to train with you guys either before that date, or maybe even later after January 1st.

shortstack
12-07-07, 6:08 pm
Sounds good. Keep in contact and we'll get it figured out soon.

vIShuS
12-08-07, 11:40 pm
hey man, sorry i didnt reply to you earlier. but im a loner, i always train alone. a reason i do is because of animal. i hate fuckers who talk constantly about nothing and just dont give when your lifting. i do know another guy at my gym that joined the forum a little bit ago and might be willing to go with me to an ABC meeting. but as of training, i do it alone.

-SiSu

norrim1
12-08-07, 11:49 pm
hey man, sorry i didnt reply to you earlier. but im a loner, i always train alone. a reason i do is because of animal. i hate fuckers who talk constantly about nothing and just dont give when your lifting. i do know another guy at my gym that joined the forum a little bit ago and might be willing to go with me to an ABC meeting. but as of training, i do it alone.

-SiSu

Up here we're with you bro. Whenever you get set up, I'll bring some pretty serious guys with me to the gathering. What does your friend post as?

BAD ASS MARTIN
12-09-07, 3:21 am
Yo Bros...

I See All This Hype And All These Motivated Animals, Where Is The Official Event Info? Get A Gym And A Date Going And Your Midwest Brothers Can Help Out !

Let Me Know What You Freaks Need To Make This Happen Big. Match Me Step For Step And We Can Get 20 In The House!

B.a.m.

shortstack
12-09-07, 8:38 am
Up here we're with you bro. Whenever you get set up, I'll bring some pretty serious guys with me to the gathering. What does your friend post as?

There are 2 guys that I talked to yesterday that said they would be in. One is going to be getting set up on the forvm but isn't posting yet. Hopefully this next week.

Yo Bros...

I See All This Hype And All These Motivated Animals, Where Is The Official Event Info? Get A Gym And A Date Going And Your Midwest Brothers Can Help Out !

Let Me Know What You Freaks Need To Make This Happen Big. Match Me Step For Step And We Can Get 20 In The House!

B.a.m.

B.A.M.
I sent G Diesel a PM about what I needed to do but haven't heard anything yet. If you want to shoot me a pm or spell it out on here what I have to do to, I'd appreciate it. I have 2 guys at my gym and 2 more on the forvm that are in Iowa. I'm waiting a week or so in order to get a gym lined up and also give others a chance who haven't found this post yet a chance to get in on it.
I will have something set very soon.
Thanks to everyone that's helping out.

BAD ASS MARTIN
12-09-07, 8:49 am
There are 2 guys that I talked to yesterday that said they would be in. One is going to be getting set up on the forvm but isn't posting yet. Hopefully this next week.

B.A.M.
I sent G Diesel a PM about what I needed to do but haven't heard anything yet. If you want to shoot me a pm or spell it out on here what I have to do to, I'd appreciate it. I have 2 guys at my gym and 2 more on the forvm that are in Iowa. I'm waiting a week or so in order to get a gym lined up and also give others a chance who haven't found this post yet a chance to get in on it.
I will have something set very soon.
Thanks to everyone that's helping out.

G is very busy bro...

He always gets back to people. Send me a PM on what you need to get this rolling. I can pass it on to G as well. If you need help finding a suitable gym let me know, basically let's see where you guys are and make this happen

I'll look out for your Pm bro...

B.A.M.

vIShuS
12-09-07, 10:26 am

im trying to find him on here, but it looks like hes not signed up yet. ill hafta get ahold him sometime today or early this week about all of this. hes a been through a lot in his life and is the most dedicated person to this sport than anyone else in our gym, hands down. hes a really down to earth guy. ill try to get ahold of him soon.

-SiSu

Riesjs
12-10-07, 11:12 am
remember to vote Iowa animals, closes at 3:45!!
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12949

who's gonna step up here to take over the IA chapter?

vIShuS
12-10-07, 12:04 pm
what do you need in order to take over the chapter? im only a plebian and havent had much experience with this stuff. im not saying i want to take over this chapter, im just wondering about qualifications for it.

-SiSu

Riesjs
12-10-07, 12:11 pm
Just need to be willing to organize and keep the group update as often as you can. Get in contact with gyms to see if you can use their facility for your gatherings - i would also contact G diesel about your interest

shortstack
12-10-07, 1:15 pm
I sent G a pm but BAM says he's really busy, so I sent BAM a pm also. I'm just waiting to hear back to see what I need to do to get it goin here in CR. I'm sure for the other Iowa guys they could also start their own branch if us all getting together doesn't work out. Of course i hope it does and we can all meet someplace local.

I'll just say I'll take the responsibility of getting everything going and finding a gym if the other Iowa guys or gals will let me know wether they are willing to travel to a central location. The 2 that have posted here are about 200 miles away from each other and I'm almost in the middle of both. Also glorious Iowa weather may be a factor as well.

I have 2 guys that are in CR who would be up for the ABC and I'm going to get both of them on here very shortly. So count 3 in Cedar Rapids and 2 more in Iowa for a total of 5.

I just need a little more info from the big boys farther up the ladder to be sure I'm doing everything I need to.

norrim1
12-10-07, 1:17 pm
I sent G a pm but BAM says he's really busy, so I sent BAM a pm also. I'm just waiting to hear back to see what I need to do to get it goin here in CR. I'm sure for the other Iowa guys they could also start their own branch if us all getting together doesn't work out. Of course i hope it does and we can all meet someplace local.

I'll just say I'll take the responsibility of getting everything going and finding a gym if the other Iowa guys or gals will let me know wether they are willing to travel to a central location. The 2 that have posted here are about 200 miles away from each other and I'm almost in the middle of both. Also glorious Iowa weather may be a factor as well.

I have 2 guys that are in CR who would be up for the ABC and I'm going to get both of them on here very shortly. So count 3 in Cedar Rapids and 2 more in Iowa for a total of 5.

I just need a little more info from the big boys farther up the ladder to be sure I'm doing everything I need to.

I threw your name in the hat on another thread. Good job on taking point bro, we'll make the Iowa chapter a great success.

Riesjs
12-10-07, 1:29 pm
Stepping out and taking the wheel is the first step to being the coordinator...tossed your name in

shortstack
12-10-07, 1:35 pm
Thanks for the help and vote of confidence. We'll get this thing on the track yet.

norrim1
12-10-07, 1:37 pm
Thanks for the help and vote of confidence. We'll get this thing on the track yet.

In your free time see if you could look into a few gyms that would be suitable for an event. Keep us posted as to what you come up with.

Riesjs
12-10-07, 1:45 pm
In your free time see if you could look into a few gyms that would be suitable for an event. Keep us posted as to what you come up with.

call, ask about day passes, if there is anything the gym needs from you. Best bet would be to talk to the sales manager, or building manager

BAD ASS MARTIN
12-10-07, 3:12 pm
call, ask about day passes, if there is anything the gym needs from you. Best bet would be to talk to the sales manager, or building manager

If you guys need me to help lower a gym fee or have it waived all together let me know, I can make a call or two..

B.A.M.

shortstack
12-10-07, 4:38 pm
Thanks BAM. I love the support we get on this page. I seriously doubt you'll find this kind of brotherhood with any other company.
Tonight I'm going to check the phone book to see what gyms are around and also talk to the manager of my club tomorrow morning.

Reacher34
12-10-07, 5:01 pm
Thanks BAM. I love the support we get on this page. I seriously doubt you'll find this kind of brotherhood with any other company.
Tonight I'm going to check the phone book to see what gyms are around and also talk to the manager of my club tomorrow morning.

That's what we're here for, bro. Glad to see you got this thing up and going.

vIShuS
12-10-07, 9:45 pm
this is just awsome guys, finally getting all the brothers together to put together fierce intense, knowledgable training with each other. a group of guys who KNOW and UNDERSTRAND what training means. not just lifting, ytou can lift anything and still be a wanna be, but all of us know training. i never thought the day would come when we all get together. the time has finally come...

-SiSu

shortstack
12-12-07, 9:01 am
Just to keep everyone updated, we got hit with ICE and RAIN yesterday. I've been with out electricty for 24 hrs and I got trees cracking and breaking all around the neighborhood. THis morning when I got up it was 54 in the house.....real nice.
I had to literally drag huge tree limbs that had fallen in the road just so I could get back in the driveway.

Anyway, as soon as I can get around a little better I'l check on local gyms and those in the surrounding area.

Stay tuned IOWA.

norrim1
12-12-07, 1:40 pm
Just to keep everyone updated, we got hit with ICE and RAIN yesterday. I've been with out electricty for 24 hrs and I got trees cracking and breaking all around the neighborhood. THis morning when I got up it was 54 in the house.....real nice.
I had to literally drag huge tree limbs that had fallen in the road just so I could get back in the driveway.

Anyway, as soon as I can get around a little better I'l check on local gyms and those in the surrounding area.

Stay tuned IOWA.

Yeah I seen that on the news, bad deal! We haven't got hit with anything yet... See what you can come up with bro. Be safe getting around though!

Riesjs
12-12-07, 1:41 pm
whole region got frozen in. Take care of life 1st -that is always priority, the forvm will be here..

shortstack
12-13-07, 9:50 am
Weather is looking... well better than before, and I should be able to check out some other gyms this weekend. I also talked to another guy at the gym about joining up on the forum and he said he would be getting on soon. That makes a possible three here in Cedar Rapids. There's another guy I'd like to talk to also who is pretty serious, I think he may be in the Airforce but I haven't confirmed that yet.

Things are looking up and coming together.

shortstack
12-14-07, 10:11 am
I just got a PM from a new member in Ottumwa. That makes 4 of us on the board. I'm am going to be trying to get a January session together. Figured it would be best to wait until after the business of the Holidays.

I would like to have everyone post by Jan 11th when and where is going to be best for us to meet. We can set a date after that point but that should give everyone enough time to figure out their schedule and also pick up an animal shirt, which I believe we'll all have to wear for the session.

Let me know what you guys think.

fattysteve
12-16-07, 3:36 pm
id be interested in this the bad thing is i live in north west iowa away from all the action. what kind of meets are you thinking of doing i lean more towards strongman and powerlifting.

norrim1
12-16-07, 3:41 pm
id be interested in this the bad thing is i live in north west iowa away from all the action. what kind of meets are you thinking of doing i lean more towards strongman and powerlifting.

How far do you live from Minnesota? We are also trying to set up a gathering in South Dakota. Keep an eye on the boards bro, you might be closer to the action than you think..lol

fattysteve
12-16-07, 6:34 pm
i am about 50 miles south of Sioux Falls SD not much further from MN

under7he13lood
12-18-07, 5:15 pm
heyo, just signed up today. 20 yrs. old and from northern Iowa. Was working road construction since june, but recently got laid off. I have nothing but time and love to lift. I'd love to help out in any way and look forward to meeting up with the rest of you in the near future.

shortstack
12-18-07, 5:26 pm
heyo, just signed up today. 20 yrs. old and from northern Iowa. Was working road construction since june, but recently got laid off. I have nothing but time and love to lift. I'd love to help out in any way and look forward to meeting up with the rest of you in the near future.

Welcome aboard,
Where are you at in the state? If you anywhere close, I'm working with a few other guys at my local gym and a couple of other guys on here to get something set up in January. Let me know what you think and we'll start getting things set.
C-ya round the forum bro.

under7he13lood
12-18-07, 6:14 pm
I live in Floyd, went to school in Charles City. About 25 miles from Mason City. I'll get my lifting parter in on this as well, he's 33 and from Charles City. i'm having surgery to remove a pilonidal cist during the first week of January, so I'll probalby miss the first *meet*. I'm hoping recovery time is only a few weeks, but you never know.

shortstack
12-18-07, 9:13 pm
Well you're not too far away. Good luck with the surgery and let me know how it goes. January is a tentative date, depending on who is interested and I still have to get a couple of guys on here as well.
Stay strong and stay tuned.

under7he13lood
12-26-07, 12:01 pm
I was fortunate enough to meet a professional bodybuilder, Jessie Godderz, last night. I think he has his pro card...anyway, he's only 21 and was a great help and a very nice guy. Gave me a few tips on working on my lats and chest, and some nutrition advice as well. He's only 21 but has a wealth of knowledge under his belt, and shared with me his experiences in California and New York. Talked about the roid usage in the bigger gyms and how the guys shrink dramatically once they're off. Never a temptation for me, but good to hear it from someone who's seen it in person. Anyway, hope the rest of you had a great christmas as well! God bless
- sam

shortstack
12-27-07, 8:48 am
Sounds like a great resource for info. Hopefully we'll be able to get this thing going in January but I'm still waiting for some more interest in Iowa to see what works for everyone.
I'll keep everyone posted.

shortstack
01-21-08, 8:40 am
I may have another guy at my local gym that is signing up or maybe already has signed in. It's a little hard to get this going with most of the people that have posted being a ways away from each other but I'll keep trying.

Anyone that is interested in an Iowa meet, let me know on here and let me know where you are and if your willing to travel, I know that I am.

Feel The Power
01-21-08, 8:50 am
I would be interested as long as i could get off work. i think your about an hour from me.

under7he13lood
01-21-08, 8:55 am
Sounds good, I'm down for anything.

shortstack
01-21-08, 12:23 pm
I'm in CR but would be willing to try and find a place between all of us to go to. Let me know where you guys are again and I'll see what I can find for us. Or if you guys know of a good place where your at I don't mind traveling at all.

under7he13lood
01-21-08, 1:41 pm
There's Gold's Gym in waterloo. Thats pretty central.

shortstack
01-21-08, 4:14 pm
I could do that in the next couple of weeks if anyone else on here would be interested in a Sat or Sunday work out. Let me know who else this works for and I'll get us on the shcedule with G. If it's only us 2 for now, at least it's a start.
under7he13lood, you have anyone else that you work out with? I'll check with the other guy I've been talking to and see if their up for it.

shortstack
01-22-08, 8:19 am
Alright, I talked to under7he13lood and were about 2 weeks away from out first animal session. I have 1 maybe 2 guys that will be going to Waterloo with me and under7he13lood has a guy he lifts with also.

If there are any other animal interested in this it will be the first or second week of February.....so far anyway. Were planning on hitting the Golds in Waterloo maybe before noon.

Feel The Power
01-22-08, 12:15 pm
thats a good hike for me.. i'll have to get back to you guys. i'm in burlington area. it wouldn't be an issue except I'm driving to columbus for the arnold at the end of the month. So money is a little tight... but still might be able to sneak up there. how many are going??

shortstack
01-22-08, 12:29 pm
If I have to make a couple of trips, that's ok with me. I can go south also if you can't make it up here.

Hey Power do you work on weekends also?

shortstack
01-22-08, 3:21 pm
Here's the email that i got from the Golds in Waterloo. I will be personally calling this guy tonight and see if we can't get some kind of working relationship with them. It looks like this is a great opportunity and I'm really excited about it. Anyway, read up and let's get this thing going and take advantage of this opportunity.

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the inquiry. Did a little bit of reading on the forum through the provided link. Sounds like a great program. There are several guys here that may be interested in getting involved in the forum as well.
Our normal one day pass fees are $10. However, I would love to invite you guys in for a free workout. When you come in we can discuss the potential of establishing Gold's of Waterloo as the hub for group meets in the future as well. When do you plan on coming?
We are currently in our temporary location, which is about 20,000 square feet, with the permanent location set to open later this year. We are located near the Crossroads mall, address: 2332 Crossroads Blvd. Waterloo, IA 50702. Club phone number is (319)226-4653.
Hours are Mon-Sat: 5am-11pm, Sun: 10am-6pm
We have locker rooms with showers (day use lockers - bring a lock - no charge).
You guys plan on hitting a buffet after working out? The Isle Casino is very close, has a huge buffet, and i might be able to get some sort of deal for you guys there as well.
Feel free to give me a call if you have questions as this event is put together.
Thanks,
Mike Youngblut

under7he13lood
01-22-08, 7:16 pm
Awesome, sounds like this is going to be a great time. Like I told shortstack, I don't know if my lifting partner will be able to make it due to his odd work schedule. Should we decide what we will be working beforehand? ie- back/bi's, chest, legs, etc. Just so one of us doesn't hit that body part real hard the day before. Look forward to lifting w/ u guys soon!

God Bless
-Sam

shortstack
01-22-08, 10:59 pm
I got a little carried away in the previous post, actually under7he13lood is the one that gave me the idea to get a hold of Gold's so credit goes to him also for finding the spot.

OK, I'm going to talk to a couple of guys and see if February 2nd or 9th will work. If that works for you "Sam" and your lifting buddy let me know. If it ends up you and me and whoever is at Gold's that's good enough for now.

I'm extreemly flexible so just let me know. We can all talk also about what we want to work once we get a little closer..hopefully by the weekend we'll have a date I can send G so he can get us what ever we need.

Also, Feel The Power is more south so if there is anyone south of CR on here that would also like to get together down there post it on here and we can go there also. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of Iowa ABC's if we get enough interest.

So let me know about those dates above and depending on where every one is coming from we could shoot for 9:30 or 10, workout for 90 min or so and hit someplace to eat.

Feel The Power
01-23-08, 1:32 pm
I'll put a word in with a few of the guys at my gym and see if they would be interested in going to a meet. I'm probably willing to drive an hour at the most and I am off weekends as long as I tell the boss (wife) I have plans early in the week. haha. Count me out in Feb cause of the arnold, but I'm still interested later on. Thanks for all the info guys. Hopefully we can get a good group together for an Iowa ABC. Stay strong!!

shortstack
01-23-08, 4:26 pm
We'll definately keep you informed as well. I'll see you at the Arnold.

under7he13lood
01-24-08, 12:28 am
I'd like to shoot for the 9th of Feb. I know my lifting partner wont make it the 2nd for sure, so I guess there's a little better chance he might take time off work and come the 9th. And if he still can't make it, that gives me more time to find a car.

shortstack
01-24-08, 12:11 pm
If that works for you then I'll let G diesel know and well get it scheduled.

I'll also get a hold of the Gold's guy and let him know that we will be there.

Post up if anyone else is interested.

RooRooTJ
01-24-08, 12:14 pm
If that works for you then I'll let G diesel know and well get it scheduled.

I'll also get a hold of the Gold's guy and let him know that we will be there.

Post up if anyone else is interested.

There you go guys. Lets get everything set. Good to see this one comin along

shortstack
01-25-08, 9:23 am
I received another email from Mike @ Gold's and he said the 9th OF Feb @ 10am is perfect.
I sent G a PM and told him that it is scheduled and we are up and going.

I talked to another guy last night that says he's in also. He's done a few competitions so he's a great resource.

shortstack
01-29-08, 11:32 pm
I have a confirmed 3 guys going up with me and am working on getting them all on the site. They have checked out and were amazed by the amount of support and info on here.

Looks like the first meet is shaping up quite nicely. Also may have another location scouted for a future meet as well. Sounds like a real bare bones place to lift, $1 a workout everyone says that I ask about it. Defenitely worth checking out.

under7he13lood
01-30-08, 11:15 am
Sweet, where's this other place at? We have a pretty good gym up here as well. Ironhouse gym in Mason City. Great place for supp's, lowest prices anywhere. www.ironhousegym.com to check it out.

shortstack
01-30-08, 5:37 pm
I will check out that gym. The other place is called Jesupgym, home of the $1 work out.
Maybe we'll go there some time also.

under7he13lood
01-30-08, 6:44 pm
oh yeah, i know of it. my lifting partner has been there before, i think he knows a few people that lift there/run it.

shortstack
01-31-08, 8:29 am
Well, if you guys are up for there sometime in March, let me know. I have a couple other guys that would be interested in lifting there also.

shortstack
02-05-08, 12:29 pm
Only 4 days left before the first Iowa Animal meet. Just getting this out there incase there is anyone else on here that is interested.

under7he13lood
02-06-08, 9:35 pm
So whats the line-up look like for Saturday, aside from just you and I?

shortstack
02-07-08, 5:41 am
Well, I could have up to 3 guys going with me. Could have been 4 but one guy had other plans. As long as we don't get snowed in, I'll be there. haha

If you need my phone # shoot me a pm and I'll give it to you, just in case something happens.

Hey, if it only ends up being us, that's ok with me too.

under7he13lood
02-07-08, 2:27 pm
alrighty, sounds good. Just so you know, I'm heading to CR once we're all done lifting and eating to stay with a friend of mine. So I'll be following you back. this way i don't have to mapquest waterloo to CR, which whould give me wrong directions anyway cuz mapquest sucks.

shortstack
02-07-08, 4:32 pm
Let me know where and I'll find it and help you out, unless you've been there before.

shortstack
02-09-08, 2:35 pm
Just got back from Waterloo and it ended up being just Sam and I but it was a good w/o. Sam may end up moving to CR, which will be cool. The other guys ended up not being able to make it but that's ok, Sam and I pounded out a good chest and back routine.

I'm hoping the other guys I'd like to bring can get signed up on the forum.
Depending on how many more I can get signed up, we may schedule another one before the Arnold Classic.

It kind of looks like the next meet may end up being @ Jesup Gym. I'm not 100% yet but from the guys I talk to regularly, they are opting for Jesup. I'll get a better idea tomorrow.

If anyone else in the area is interested and able, let me know.

Sam, good to have meet you and we'll defenitaly have another one soon.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
02-11-08, 4:57 pm
Sounds good, had a great time working out. My ankle is taking longer than expected to reach 100%. It doesn't hurt much, but is still swollen. I did some leg presses today, but only went up to 410 so as not to push it too much. I'll wait a while yet for squats, and will try some deads later this week. We're going to set up deads on the squat rack like u mentioned, stack. I'm down for the next meet, whenever that may be. Hopefully I'll see you and ur animal friends in the near future.
God Bless
-Sam

Btw, can u toss me the link to that thread about the huge guy in PA inviting people out to train? thx.

shortstack
02-13-08, 6:12 pm
Het if there is anyone on here that is going to the Arnold, shoot me a pm or post on here and I'll get your names sent into G for the special event on Saturday @ the classic. I need to get them sent in to him as soon as you can.
Thanks bro's.
Shortstack

shortstack
02-25-08, 9:07 pm
What's up Iowa animals? If there are any new members on here from Iowa post up and let me know where you are. In March I will be finding out how much interest there is in another meet in the Big city of Jessup.

I went last with a guy from the Gym I go to and it was a pretty good spot. It's $1 to get in and work out and they do cary Animalpak but no other Animalpak products. I'll be talking to the guys at the Arnold Classic about getting a banner sent and getting some more guys to post up that I know from my gym to get this thing a little bigger.

I hope Sam and his lifting buddy can make it and the other guys that have posted on here as well.

I'll get this firmed up after I get back and we'll see where we are at.
Shortstack

Feel The Power
02-25-08, 9:30 pm
Can't make the Arnold this year.. my buddy backed out and I had a few things come up. I didn't plan too well so I am going to do a better job of clearing my schedule so I can go next year, I'm just checking in with you guys. Like I said.. i'm in burlington area so let me know when you guys have an ABC near there.... Iowa City, and maybe even Cedar Rapids would prob be as far as I would drive depending what I have going on. Usually free on weekends. The weather is supossed to get pretty shitty again. Have fun at the arnold and I'm sure I will try to catch some of the footage online.

Feel The Power

What's up Iowa animals? If there are any new members on here from Iowa post up and let me know where you are. In March I will be finding out how much interest there is in another meet in the Big city of Jessup.

I went last with a guy from the Gym I go to and it was a pretty good spot. It's $1 to get in and work out and they do cary Animalpak but no other Animalpak products. I'll be talking to the guys at the Arnold Classic about getting a banner sent and getting some more guys to post up that I know from my gym to get this thing a little bigger.

I hope Sam and his lifting buddy can make it and the other guys that have posted on here as well.

I'll get this firmed up after I get back and we'll see where we are at.
Shortstack

shortstack
02-25-08, 9:43 pm
Hey Feel The Power,
Glad you checked in. That sucks about the Classic, I was hoping to get a chance to meet you there.

We defenitally can make a trip to IC or where ever. We'll get a few events scheduled so that we can hook up somewhere you can make it to. I'll start checking into gyms in IC or if you know of any good places, let me know and I'll check it out for us.

Stay in touch.
Shortstack

vIShuS
02-25-08, 9:49 pm
hey guys,

sorry i havent been in here for a while. working 20+ hrs a week at the gym and being a full time college kid is tough shit. i hope to be able to get together with you guys hopefully when the weather gets cleared up, mabey sometime this early summer. i have the muscle mayhem championships contest on may 24th, so my schedule is limited right now with all the dieting and contest prep. i would love to go to the arnold, but money is tight, and like i said...pre-contest limits me to do so many things right now. this is my first bb comp, so i want to try and look my best so i know how to do things later when i do shows. hope all you guys have fun at the arnold and gimme a heads up when you guys are having another meeting.

-SiSu

shortstack
02-25-08, 10:29 pm
Hey, thanks for checkin in. Great to hear about the BB comp. Let us know when and where it's at and we'll see if we can make it to see ya. Stay focused and hopefully if I ever do decide to compete you can give me a few pointers.

Yeah, keep checkin in and keep us up to date with you and we'll figure a time we can, hopefully, all get together. It is tough now with this insane Iowa weather, but we'll make it through.
Shortstack

under7he13lood
02-25-08, 10:40 pm
hey guys,

sorry i havent been in here for a while. working 20+ hrs a week at the gym and being a full time college kid is tough shit. i hope to be able to get together with you guys hopefully when the weather gets cleared up, mabey sometime this early summer. i have the muscle mayhem championships contest on may 24th, so my schedule is limited right now with all the dieting and contest prep. i would love to go to the arnold, but money is tight, and like i said...pre-contest limits me to do so many things right now. this is my first bb comp, so i want to try and look my best so i know how to do things later when i do shows. hope all you guys have fun at the arnold and gimme a heads up when you guys are having another meeting.

-SiSu

Is your competition May 18th in Des Moines? I'll be at that one as two of my friends are competing. Don't even know what its called.... Anyway, good luck regardless.

Shortstack - I'm going to missouri march 15th/16th to lift with some Missouri animals, and then i've got weddings on the 21st/22nd and 29th. So if you schedule a meet on those days I wont be able to make it. Although I can probably make the 29th, as thats a local wedding. 21st/22nd is in Naperville. Thanks!
God Bless
-Sam

vIShuS
03-05-08, 7:03 pm
Is your competition May 18th in Des Moines? I'll be at that one as two of my friends are competing. Don't even know what its called.... Anyway, good luck regardless.

Shortstack - I'm going to missouri march 15th/16th to lift with some Missouri animals, and then i've got weddings on the 21st/22nd and 29th. So if you schedule a meet on those days I wont be able to make it. Although I can probably make the 29th, as thats a local wedding. 21st/22nd is in Naperville. Thanks!
God Bless
-Sam

no, its actually the 24th in kansas city. the muscle mayhem championships. ill be 19 then so itll be in the teen division. I might be attending the one on the 18th? is it called the Mr. Iowa? (also known as the Best of the Midwest). i thought it was may 10th though? ill have to check it out, because one of my buddies might be in that show.

under7he13lood
03-06-08, 10:23 am
no, its actually the 24th in kansas city. the muscle mayhem championships. ill be 19 then so itll be in the teen division. I might be attending the one on the 18th? is it called the Mr. Iowa? (also known as the Best of the Midwest). i thought it was may 10th though? ill have to check it out, because one of my buddies might be in that show.

You're right, its the 10th. I just found the site for it. http://www.naturaliowamuscle.com/

vIShuS
03-08-08, 1:27 pm
You're right, its the 10th. I just found the site for it. http://www.naturaliowamuscle.com/

hey thats awsome. are you for sure going to it? its a 50/50 for me right now with contest prep and everything, but i was actually supposed to compete in it this year, but considered it too close to call and wouldnt have enough time to get ready. if you are going just gimme a PM or reply back on here and ill do the same if im goin.

shortstack
03-18-08, 10:27 pm
I kind of have a crazy schedule at work right now and may be going on a vacation in mid April. So enough with that..anyway.

I'd like to plan another meet at the end of April or begining of May at Jessup gym. Let me know where you guys are or where you all would like to meet. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to get a bunch of local guys together and on here to get the club growing.

I'll travel anywhere fellas, just let me know where and when and well get it going. Sat or Sundays are good for me, I just need some heads up.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
03-19-08, 9:12 am
I'm down for anything, just tell me the time and place and I'll be there.

G Diesel
03-19-08, 9:18 am
I kind of have a crazy schedule at work right now and may be going on a vacation in mid April. So enough with that..anyway.

I'd like to plan another meet at the end of April or begining of May at Jessup gym. Let me know where you guys are or where you all would like to meet. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to get a bunch of local guys together and on here to get the club growing.

I'll travel anywhere fellas, just let me know where and when and well get it going. Sat or Sundays are good for me, I just need some heads up.

Shortstack

Shortstack has Iowa on the rise... Good shit bro. Peace, G

Feel The Power
03-19-08, 8:21 pm
weekends are good for me usually.. keep me posted.. i'll be checking back.

shortstack
03-19-08, 9:03 pm
Nice to see you guys checkin in and cool that G stoped in also. I meet him at the Classic and trust me guys he really is genuine in his concern about how we are and how the Iowa ABC grows.

Now, I've been in touch with a guy that pops into the gym on Sat or Sunday and is a beast of a power lifter. He's up for going to Jessup sometime and maybe helping us out with some benching tips for power. He's done some other power lifting but he really hits chest more than anything.

Sooo, I'm working on some nice things for us to explore.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
03-20-08, 11:04 am
Awesome, sounds like a good resource.

Themostocles
03-29-08, 5:50 am
What city do you guys usually meet in? Might roadtrip it up that way from Kansas City sometime. -T

shortstack
03-29-08, 8:16 am
That would be cool if you could make it up for the next one. We had the first one in Waterloo, I'd like to do the second in Jessup but need to get a few things figured out first. Stay in touch or I'll shoot you a pm when we get a date set.
Shortstack

Themostocles
03-29-08, 10:10 am
Shoot me a pm. So, ummmm, where is Jessup lol. And if you could you find out if the gym has child watch. My midget travels with me. -T.

vIShuS
03-31-08, 11:14 pm
shortstack, sorry i havent been keeping up with you guys, pre-contest is really taking effect now; less than 8 weeks out. plus a fellow worker got fired from my gym so i have to pick up an extra 5 hours a week now, which makes it a hassle with full time college. i really want to meet you guys, its hard to find dedicated lifters/bodybuilders/powerlifters off the street ya know? i know where jessup gym is, i have two fellow lifting buddies that wear apperel from the gym and have good praise about it. i wouldnt mind taking a day and traveling up to lift with you guys, i would just have to warn you im not going to be strong or big AT ALL haha ive lost a lot of water and fat from pre-contest dieting, so my workouts last no longer than 20-30 minutes. either or, i would like to meet you guys and just chill.

-vISHuS

shortstack
04-01-08, 5:33 am
HEy vISHuS, I'd love for us to get together. You'll have to keep us updated to when the comp is so maybe we can check it out.

I know that i will be gone the 12-25 of April on vacation so we may have to get together after that but don't worry bro, we'll def let you and the rest of the guys know early enough to make plans.

Good luck with the contest prep, I'm sure you'll do great.
Shortstack

vIShuS
04-01-08, 1:07 pm
HEy vISHuS, I'd love for us to get together. You'll have to keep us updated to when the comp is so maybe we can check it out.

I know that i will be gone the 12-25 of April on vacation so we may have to get together after that but don't worry bro, we'll def let you and the rest of the guys know early enough to make plans.

Good luck with the contest prep, I'm sure you'll do great.
Shortstack

shortstack,

thanks for the support man, people say it doesnt matter if you have help or not, but in the long run it does really help. the contest isnt until may 24th so i do have time before to hopefully schedule around work and meet up with you guys. as long as i get it planned out ahead of time, i should be able to go. the bb comp is in Kansas City, you can go to musclemayhem.com and clik on the muscle mayhem championships to get the details.

-vISHuS

HallettHawk
04-01-08, 4:27 pm
Hola Amigos!! 1st time poster!! I was introduced to this website from Under7!! I even had the privilage of being in the same gym as Mr. Under7! :-)

I love lifting weights, and weight training is my passion. It's nice to find a site where people have the same passion. While in the gym, I forget about everything that troubles me and tune into my workout. Look forward to reading more of this forum and gaining more weight trainig knowledge!!!

shortstack
04-01-08, 6:07 pm
Nice to see another member from the Northern part of the state.
Stay tuned bro and look around alot, you'll learn more here than you can anywhere else. Not to mention that the people you meet on here will be honest and really try and help you out.
Stay tuned bro.
Shortstack

under7he13lood
04-01-08, 6:48 pm
Hola Amigos!! 1st time poster!! I was introduced to this website from Under7!! I even had the privilage of being in the same gym as Mr. Under7! :-)

I love lifting weights, and weight training is my passion. It's nice to find a site where people have the same passion. While in the gym, I forget about everything that troubles me and tune into my workout. Look forward to reading more of this forum and gaining more weight trainig knowledge!!!

Good to see you on here! Now u need to get a shirt and then we need to get nate on here.

vIShuS
04-02-08, 10:03 am
good to see more people are joining the iowa chapter, hopefully sooner or later this can be one of the biggest groups in the ABC.

HallettHawk
04-02-08, 1:10 pm
Good to see you on here! Now u need to get a shirt and then we need to get nate on here.

I'm game for a shirt!! I can't have one with sleeves tho.... you know me! Sleeves get in my way.

vIShuS
04-03-08, 11:11 pm
any of you guys order one of those animal jerseys? it looks like a sweet ass deal for some hardcore apperal, plus i think you cant order it after mid april.

under7he13lood
04-04-08, 4:51 am
They look good, but it will take years for me to fill one out. Maybe i'll order an XS and walk around with an undeserved sense of pride.

HallettHawk
04-04-08, 12:49 pm
They look good, but it will take years for me to fill one out. Maybe i'll order an XS and walk around with an undeserved sense of pride.

No Sam you would walk around with a really tight shirt on!! Just cut the sleeves off..... you got the guns man!!

vIShuS
04-04-08, 10:49 pm
thats the point of buying one i guess, you look freakin tiny in it so it gives you motivation to fill it out haha

vIShuS
04-13-08, 6:29 pm
so when is the next meeting? or are we going to have one anytime before the summer?

HallettHawk
04-16-08, 11:05 am
I wouldn't mind lifting in Jessup.

shortstack
04-21-08, 12:31 am
I'm stillout ofthecountrybutwill be back nextweek. I'lltry and get everyone contacted in the next week or 2 and get something going. Jessup is a cool place and I'dlove to do a meet there. Startposting datesthataregood and for you guys and we'll make it happen.

C-Ya soon fellas.

Shortstack

vIShuS
04-21-08, 11:06 am
dates are limited for me bro, the contest is in 4 weeks. im nervous as crap about it and wouldnt mind training with you guys, but with the contest its a little iffy.

shortstack
05-04-08, 8:33 am
Hey bro don't worry about it. I'm sure the show will be a great experience. THings are pretty crazy for the next couple of weeks for me also but we will have a meet this month.
I have a few more guys that would like to go from CR that will make this session a really great one.

Keep checking in guys I'll get a date on here by the end of this week for every one to check out and see what will work for us.
Shortstack

vIShuS
05-13-08, 12:56 pm
hey just cheking back up for the iowa abc, seems like it slowed down a little bit. any news on meetings?\

shortstack
05-13-08, 11:20 pm
Yeah bro, it's slowed down a bit but I'm gathering the troops. I was looking at the 3rd Sat of May but that date doesn't work for most of the guys I have going.

I need to know who can make the 31st as that seems like a better date. Check in and well see what we have.

Shortstack.

under7he13lood
05-14-08, 11:50 pm
31st is good for me.

vIShuS
05-15-08, 2:10 pm
31st seems pretty good date, i dont know about lifting though because im taking a week or two off after the show, (which is the 24th). so i'll try and figure something out, the only thing i can think about now is food haha

HallettHawk
05-15-08, 5:50 pm
You know, the 31st may work for me as well.

shortstack
05-18-08, 12:46 am
Well looks like we have a date set. A couple of the guys I wanted to bring can't make it that day but if everything works out well we may be able to schedule a couple in close proximity of each other.

So I will say that for now we have the 31st set for May and Possible another in June. We'll just have to see who is available in June.

I'll post some directions this next week so everyone knows how to get there and if anyone needs help before PM me and I'll shoot you my cell #.

Things are looking good for Iowa bros, Sam is a recruiting machine....keep it up.

Shortstack

Enforcer
05-20-08, 11:45 am
Iowa is back on the map. Lookign forward to a great ABC event. Anything you need from me just let me know

shortstack
05-20-08, 9:34 pm
Thanks Enforcer, I'll let you know if we need anything.

All we have left is to decide the time. I'd like to be there between 9 or 10 so we can get in and out and grab some food. I'd like to hit it closer to 9 but I understand if guys traveling more than me, 45 min, can't make it that early.

I'll set the time at 9 and well go from there.

under7he13lood
05-20-08, 11:17 pm
31st, 9am, jesup gym. see you animals there! w00t!

Darkov
05-21-08, 7:12 pm
Hey guys, just introducing myself here. I'm new to the forvm, so figured I would pop in and say "Hi!". Peace.

shortstack
05-22-08, 6:03 am
Thanks for checkin in with us. Were growing in numbers everyday here, awesome.

Were having a meet in Jessup on the 31st, if you didn't already see it, and I hope you can make it. If not there will be another one in June also.

Welcome to the Iowa ABC.

Shortstack

lynchben3
05-24-08, 8:20 pm
Hey Sammy, I have to work a 9-3 that day. I already messaged you on Facebook.

If I know the date in advance for next time, I can get it off. Thanks for inviting me though.

fatbackgoal
05-25-08, 4:01 pm
Sorry but I have not posted in a while as we were moving to a new house. Located here in Cedar Rapids and working out of my garage and the Y but soon just out of the garage. Would like to meet up with fellow members and get the IOWA ABC chapter on the map. I will look for the details of the gathering on the 31st but if anyone could send them to me that would be great.

shortstack
05-26-08, 8:30 am
Just so everyone knows, we'll meet in Jessup around 9am on the 31st, work out, then head into Jessup for something to eat.

There are no shower facilities at the gym , just a bathroom, drinking fountain, and weights.

Any other questions, just let me know.

Shortstack

HallettHawk
05-27-08, 5:09 pm
I'm going to ride down with Sam on Saturday morning, and I'm pumped to meet all the other Iowa Animals!! I discussed with Sam what we would be lifting, so we could plan the rest of our week out. Our lifting schedules have been messed up this week with the holiday falling on a Monday and the gym was closed. We probably will lift chest, mix in some abs, maybe some tri's.

under7he13lood
05-27-08, 6:29 pm
Would chest be good for everyone else? Saturday just happens to fall on chest for both of us, so we thought we'd pitch it for the meet.

shortstack
05-29-08, 7:00 am
Chest would be good. I'm bringing a guy with me that does bench contests and have seen him put up over 550lbs. I thought he might be a good resource to help us out a little and give a few tips.

I'm looking forward to meeting the new guys and getting Iowa a little bigger. Not that Sam and I couldn't handle it, hahahaha.

See you guys on Saturday.

Shortstack

fatbackgoal
05-29-08, 9:18 am
Shortstack,

I will be there on Saturday but have to drive as I have to be back in CR and don't want to mess up anyone's plans. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and helping the IA Animals grow in numbers and size.

Is there anything in particular I need to bring?

HallettHawk
05-29-08, 11:04 am
Chest would be good. I'm bringing a guy with me that does bench contests and have seen him put up over 550lbs. I thought he might be a good resource to help us out a little and give a few tips.

I'm looking forward to meeting the new guys and getting Iowa a little bigger. Not that Sam and I couldn't handle it, hahahaha.

See you guys on Saturday.

Shortstack

550 lbs....holy smokes. He sounds like a very good resource. I can't wait now.

shortstack
05-30-08, 5:20 am
Shortstack,

I will be there on Saturday but have to drive as I have to be back in CR and don't want to mess up anyone's plans. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and helping the IA Animals grow in numbers and size.

Is there anything in particular I need to bring?

Just show up ready to lift. Really looking forward to meeting ya . See ya saturday.

Shortstack

vIShuS
05-30-08, 2:24 pm
guys sorry to break the bad news but im at work all day tomorrow, from 6am till 2 pm. just to let you in on the contest info i got 2nd in teens and 5th in the novice light-heavys. there were 13 competitors in the light-heavy class, so it was a crazy battle up there on stage. sorry about not making this one, hopefully another one this june or july will be my time.

shortstack
05-30-08, 7:04 pm
Don't worry bro, we'll have another one soon, within the next couple of weeks.
Congrats on the placing, do you have any pics you can post? Wish i could have made it to see the contest and support ya.

I'm pretty sure the next meet will be June 14th in Jessup again. Possibly after that we can try another place but it seems pretty central. Of course I'm open for whatever.

I know we have some brothers south of CR also that we need to hook up with. SO keep your eyes peeled on Iowa, we'll be making sure every one that is a member here gets a chance to grab an ABC experience.

G-Diesel has also sent a box of goodies for us. I doubt it will arrive before tomorrow but I will be sure to hand out whatever we get to you guys that show up to the meet.

Shortstack

lynchben3
05-30-08, 7:08 pm
Don't worry bro, we'll have another one soon, within the next couple of weeks.
Congrats on the placing, do you have any pics you can post? Wish i could have made it to see the contest and support ya.

I'm pretty sure the next meet will be June 14th in Jessup again. Possibly after that we can try another place but it seems pretty central. Of course I'm open for whatever.

I know we have some brothers south of CR also that we need to hook up with. SO keep your eyes peeled on Iowa, we'll be making sure every one that is a member here gets a chance to grab an ABC experience.

G-Diesel has also sent a box of goodies for us. I doubt it will arrive before tomorrow but I will be sure to hand out whatever we get to you guys that show up to the meet.

Shortstack

def looking forward to the next one. i have to work 9-3 tomorrow, so i can't go. thanks for the invite though sam. once i know the date in advance for next time i will take it off. have fun tomorrow.

Hola Bola
05-31-08, 1:13 am
Where's Jessup? Is it close to Iowa City or Cedar Rapids. I've got family in the area and I'll be coming up sometime this summer to visit... hopefully I can make it up on a weekend when some Iowa Animals will be getting together.

fatbackgoal
05-31-08, 1:52 pm
Good stuff today guys and a pleasure to meet you. I am looking forward to the next one.

If you get a chance to get to Jesup it is worth the trip. Nice place to workout and only cost a $1. Rex the owner is very nice and extended an invitation for us to come back anytime.

under7he13lood
05-31-08, 2:58 pm
Where's Jessup? Is it close to Iowa City or Cedar Rapids. I've got family in the area and I'll be coming up sometime this summer to visit... hopefully I can make it up on a weekend when some Iowa Animals will be getting together.

I think shortstack said it was approx. 45 mins? from Cedar Rapids. Just over an hour drive for us from up north. Definately a good time and a solid place to have our Iowa Animal *HQ*.

Good time lifting today, looking forward to the 14th! Legs, w00t!

lynchben3
05-31-08, 6:32 pm
I think shortstack said it was approx. 45 mins? from Cedar Rapids. Just over an hour drive for us from up north. Definately a good time and a solid place to have our Iowa Animal *HQ*.

Good time lifting today, looking forward to the 14th! Legs, w00t!

omg, you fucking kidding me? i have ACTs on that day? what time?

shortstack
06-01-08, 8:14 am
Hey Hola, it would be really cool if you could make it up. I talked to you briefly at the classic but didn't realize that you were in the midwest. Let us know when you'll be in towan and we'll get a meet together.

THe next meet will be June 14th at Jessup, Rex opens @ 9 so if that helps lynchben3, we can get there @ 9 and hit it and get you on your way.

The pics will be on here a little later.

Shortstack

HallettHawk
06-02-08, 10:02 am
Good stuff today guys and a pleasure to meet you. I am looking forward to the next one.

If you get a chance to get to Jesup it is worth the trip. Nice place to workout and only cost a $1. Rex the owner is very nice and extended an invitation for us to come back anytime.

It was a pleasure to meet you as well!!!

Rex told some great stories of "old school lifting." Rex was an Olympic Power lifter back in the late 70's and early 80's. Rex along with a buddy starting making their own gym equipment back in the 70's. Thus grew into making Jesup Gym Equipment and a company was born. I'll post a link to his website below. Some of you may have lifted in gyms throughout the US and noticed his equipment.

Rex opened up for us at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning and only charges $1 to lift in his gym. I was amazed he only charged one dollar. He said it's not about making money.... how cool is that!!!!

http://www.jesupgym.com/workout.htm

shortstack
06-02-08, 10:23 am
Right on Hallet, Rex is a great guy with a good heart. He loves sharing what he knows and as soon as I told him about the ABC he had a pen and paper in hand writing down the info so he could check it out. He also said "Any time you guys are in the area pop in and say hi", proving to me that his friendship extended beyond just selling up some product.

It was great meeting the new guys and I look forward to pounding some legs on the 14th with you guys.

I'll let everyone know when I get the box from Diesel and I'll hand out what we get on the 14th.

Just for the record we had:
under7he13lood
fatbackgoal
halletthawk
shortstack

lynchben3
06-03-08, 8:36 pm
Hey Hola, it would be really cool if you could make it up. I talked to you briefly at the classic but didn't realize that you were in the midwest. Let us know when you'll be in towan and we'll get a meet together.

THe next meet will be June 14th at Jessup, Rex opens @ 9 so if that helps lynchben3, we can get there @ 9 and hit it and get you on your way.

The pics will be on here a little later.

Shortstack

where are the pics?

shortstack
06-03-08, 10:04 pm
I can't find the damn cord to transfer the pics but I'll get them up soon. I'll try and do it tomorrow morning.

shortstack
06-04-08, 8:13 pm
I am in the process of uploading them right now but these are the pics. I hope to get them labeled right now also. http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/ABC%20Photos/

The last pic has everyones names on it. I will label them all later but I gotta go eat. Next time we'll take more.

Shortstack

fatbackgoal
06-04-08, 9:20 pm
Thanks for getting the pictures up. Expect to see more people at the next meet.

Hallet, any chance of getting the program you are using right now?

under7he13lood
06-04-08, 10:58 pm
w00t! Thanks shortstack.

HallettHawk
06-04-08, 11:38 pm
Thanks for getting the pictures up. Expect to see more people at the next meet.

Hallet, any chance of getting the program you are using right now?

Fatbackgoal, I'll post the program I've been doing since the 1st of April. I usually stick to a program for 90 days or so, and then I mix it up a little. Right now I'm still in my bulking phase. I'm kinda doing it ass backwards this year. I did my cutting phase around Christmas time. I got down to 204lbs on the 1st of Jan. Now I'm up to 222lbs and have no motivation to start cutting just yet.

Monday:
Chest and Abs -- Pretty close to what we did at the ABC in Jesup.

Flat bench 5 sets - I use enough weight to only do 6-8 reps.

Incline - 4 sets - alternate ever other week between, DB's and BB. Again sticking to the 6-8 rep range.

Decline - 4 sets - alternate ever other week between, DB's and BB. Again sticking to the 6-8 rep range.

Abs- I usually do 6-8 sets of planks or ab rollers.

Tuesday
Leg's and Bi's

Typically on leg day I work my bi's while I'm letting my legs rest. I love squats so the most of my leg day consists of that. I usually do a latter with my weights and reps on legs.

WIth squats, I usually start with 225 and go up from there. My last set I do a cool down and end with 225.

Now just because I love squats doesn't mean I'm good at them. I love them because, they along with deads are the single greatest movements for making your muscles grow throughtout your body.

My bi's I usually mix it up, so it depends on what I'm in the mood for.

So here is my typical leg/bi's day.

Squats 12 reps
BI's 10 reps
Squats going up in weight- usually 50 lbs on this set -10 reps
Bi's 10 reps
Squats going up in weight - usually 20 lbs on this set - 10 reps
Bi's 10 reps
Squats going up in weight - usually 20 lbs on this set - 8 reps
Bi's 10 reps
Squats going up in weight - usually 20 lbs on this set - 6 reps
Bi's 10 reps
Squats going up in weight - usually 20 lbs on this set - 4 reps
Bi's 10 reps

Squats going down in weight - usually 40 lbs on this set - 7-8 reps
Bi's 10 reps
Squats going down in weight- usually to starting weight - 8-12 reps
Bi's 10 reps

3-4 sets of 10 on leg extensions

Call it a day!

Wednesday

Shoulders/Abs

Shoulder presses BB
4 sets 6-10 reps

Upright rows BB
4 sets 6-10 reps

BB shoulder shrugs
4 sets 10-15 slow pinching reps

4 sets of stiff arm plate raises- usually use a 45lb plate.

6-8 sets of abs.

Thursday

Back/tri's

Typically I don't have much time to lift, usually 1 hour so. So I'll try to get the most bang for my buck. So I'll work my tri's on this day.

IMHO, the single best upper body work out is pull-ups.

I'll start my back day with just that. I like to us a belt and do weighted pull-ups as well.

Pull ups
5 sets of weighted pull-ups. I usually don't go much higher than 25lbs on the belt for these. Usually start with high reps 10-12, adding 5 to 10 lbs each new set. When I have the highest weight I try and get 6 reps.

While I'm resting my back after a set of pull-ups, I'll do 5 sets of weighted dips using the same belt for the pull-ups. I'll warm up with 10 lbs, and then go up 10 to 25 lbs a set from there. I'll usually go up to 75-85 lbs for weighted dips at the hightest weight. I'll try and stay in the 6-10 rep range for these.

Next I'll do 4 sets of rows, either with the bar or the machine, depends on my mood that day. I try and stay in the 6-10 rep range again.

While I'm resting for my next set of rows, I'll do 4 sets tri extensions, on the machine. 6-10 rep range again.

Next I'll do 4-5 sets lat pull downs, in the 6-10 rep range again.
Mix that with 4-5 sets of skulls on the flat bench.

Lastly I'll do 3 sets of DB rows. 6-8 reps.

Friday

I call it dead lift and calves day. LOVE this day. I usually only have enough energy to do this for 1 hour, but I lift heavy and hard.

I'll do 8 sets of deads and 8 sets of calves.

8 sets of heavy deads in the 3-10 rep range. I usually do a similar weight and rep routine as my squats. Same goes for the calves.

Right now I'm only doing cardio probably on average once every other week right now. However, as Sam has seen me do during the winter, I'm not afraid of the cardio machines. Cardio just isn't in the cards much right now.

Honestly, if I had the time.... I'd love to do this lifting routine and run 3 miles, 3 to 4 days a week. Work and family tend to take up most of my free time, so I consider myself lucky to get 5 days in a week to work out.

Hopefully this helps.... and good luck with your training!!!

shortstack
06-09-08, 12:48 pm
For anyone that doesn't already know were having another meet in Jesup this Saturday. Same deal as before, show up at 9 and were going to pound some legs. Bring your puke bucket cause it will be intense. My buddy eric "The Evil Motivator" will be on hand and has absolutely no problem "inspiring" you to get a couple more reps or sets. He's a great guy to have your back.

If your not into legs or don't want to kill them, don't sweat it. If you want to hit legs just a little or you don't want to hit legs at all, were all there to spot and help each other out.

I'll post it up on the calender and make it official.

Hopefully, also, the box from G-Diesel will get here and we'll have a banner to take some pics with.

PM me with questions
Shortstack

fatbackgoal
06-10-08, 4:21 pm
Sounds good for legs. I am not into squats due to my lower back so I will be hitting lunges and step-ups. I will be bringing my tire sleds so we can do some work in the parking lot afterwards.

shortstack
06-10-08, 4:42 pm
You're crazy dude....Bring em and we'll see if Rex has a place we can run em. I may not be able to walk when were done but whatever, that's what were there for.
Shortstack

lynchben3
06-10-08, 9:41 pm
You're crazy dude....Bring em and we'll see if Rex has a place we can run em. I may not be able to walk when were done but whatever, that's what were there for.
Shortstack

i'm in for saturday if sam's going. lookin' to hit squats HARD!

under7he13lood
06-12-08, 12:10 am
I am sorry to be johnny raincloud but I can't make it. I had wanted to, but money issues and a family b-day on saturday are making it clear to me that I gotta sit this one out. I'm short on cash and even worse, looking to move out soon. ya i have shitty timing for everything apparently. anyway, I'll def. make another meet, hopefully soon, and I wanna hit legs.

lynchben3
06-12-08, 8:45 am
I am sorry to be johnny raincloud but I can't make it. I had wanted to, but money issues and a family b-day on saturday are making it clear to me that I gotta sit this one out. I'm short on cash and even worse, looking to move out soon. ya i have shitty timing for everything apparently. anyway, I'll def. make another meet, hopefully soon, and I wanna hit legs.

yep...that means i'm out.

Enforcer
06-12-08, 1:57 pm
Looking forward to see what you guys have in store this weekend. Train hard and with great intensity

HallettHawk
06-13-08, 9:13 am
I hope all you Animals are above water in CR! What a wild ride this last week has been. In Charles City the wonderful Cedar crested at an all time record Monday at 13.5 feet above flood stage. Many people lost their homes.

All that water moved down river to CR, which is currently under water. 8,000 people in CR were evacuated, and 100 city blocks are under water. It has truely been trying on the most faithful of people.

I might make the suggestion, due to the horrible flooding in our communities the last several days that we reschedule the Iowa ABC.

Due to heavy rains late this week in Southern Minnesota and Northern Iowa the Cedar River is expected to again rise to 10 feet above flood stage in Charles City today. :-( All this water from the Cedar will be coming down to Cedar Rapids this weekend. Which also doesn't need anymore water either. Get ready for round 2.....the hits keep on coming.

under7he13lood
06-13-08, 10:16 am
Hey guys, sorry to get this to you on such late notice. I just got a bunch of voicemails this morning, and one of them was from shortstack. He said we'd have to cancel this weekend due to the weather situation. I know Cedar Rapids got hit really hard, and so did we up in Charles City. Good luck to any animals under water, wish I could help you all!

fatbackgoal
06-13-08, 7:08 pm
Hey bro's,

Take care of yourselves and if there is anything I can do to help you all out don't be afraid to shout.

shortstack
06-13-08, 7:47 pm
Internet is kind of off and on so I'll be quick.

Unfortunately it's true, much of the downtown and surrounding areas are flooded and making it very dificult to get around. So it's probably best if we postpone for now. We'll reschedule in a few weeks once things calm down.

Sam thanks for getting the word out for, I appreciate it.

See ya all soon.

Shortstack.

shortstack
06-13-08, 10:26 pm
Here's a few pics if anyone is interested.

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Flood%202008/

shortstack
06-17-08, 5:48 am
OK brothers....the flood stoped one meet I was very excited about, the legs meet, but we need to schedule another one and see if we can't get something going with some of the other guys that haven't been able to make it.

Sooo, post up when you can and give me 2 or 3 dates that work for you guys and we can see how many members we can accomodate. I think there are at least 3 to 5 more guys that we can get to a meet.

I'd like to see if we can get it set up in the next 3 to 4 weeks. The 21st of June is out for me and the 5th will probably be a busy weekend for everyone. SO we have June 28th, July 12th, 19th, 26th in the immediate future.

If many of you guys can't make it due to flood related problems we can shoot for the end of July or even August, just let me know and we'll work around it.

Shortstack

HallettHawk
06-17-08, 10:30 am
June 28th, July 19th and July 26th work for me. I work July 12th so that date won't work for me.

under7he13lood
06-17-08, 11:51 am
I should be good for whenever. The only conflict I might have is if I get a new job, but I should be down for any of those dates, and I think lynchben should be good to go too.

lynchben3
06-17-08, 1:32 pm
I should be good for whenever. The only conflict I might have is if I get a new job, but I should be down for any of those dates, and I think lynchben should be good to go too.

i'm always good to go, its just i need the dates in advance so i can take them off for work. although july 12th doesn't work for me due to vacation.

vIShuS
06-17-08, 11:47 pm
hope everyone is hoding up wel with the water damage, i too got some but not to the extent of the others in CR area. im trying to get dates cleared so i can finally lift with you guys, ive been wanting to for a long time now but schedule, money, and certain priorities always seem to put it on the backburner. ill make sure to get some of those dates cleared so i can finally hit the iron with the rest of you.

shortstack
06-18-08, 6:19 pm
Glad we have some good interest for the next meet. I received an email from Naturalguy about the package he's sending out to us. Looks like well be getting a few things including the banner for everyone to sign.
Also bring a shaker cup and some water, you'll all get a chance to try the Torrent if you haven't had any yet. Def helps me with recovery.

Someone remember to bring a silver permanent marker, I'll most likely bring one, but then again who knows, I forget stuff sometimes.

Keep posting guys and throw in a date and let's get this thing nailed down and on the calender.

Shortstack

Hola Bola
06-18-08, 8:16 pm
I'm planning on coming up to Iowa sometime in July to visit family... just not sure of the date yet. Hopefully it will coincide with whatever date you guys choose!

under7he13lood
06-18-08, 10:02 pm
I'm sure we can make it work. Most of us are pretty flexible as long as we know ahead of time what's going on. I've read some of your workouts, pretty insane routines. Definately looking forward to lifting with you.

fatbackgoal
06-19-08, 6:03 pm
I am good for any of the dates mentioned. Hopefully at this meet I can sit down with someone and really get my eating plan in order with a little help.

vIShuS
06-19-08, 6:58 pm
july 19th isnt good for me, i have a meeting to attend that involves my personal training business, im booked all day.

shortstack
06-20-08, 8:13 am
Alright, Hola when are you coming into town? I'd really like to get vishus in on this one so I hope it's not the 19th. Let us know as soon as you can, I don't think anyone would mind waiting until you're in town to have the meet.

Also Hola, I'm not sure how long you'll be in town but since you'll be in CR if you want to hit the gym with me while your here let me know and we can work something out. Maybe we can figure out a 2 state meet somewhere halfway between us this summer. Sam gave me the idea.

Anyway Brothers, let's wait and see when Hola will be around and see what works. If he gets us a date I'll throw it out as the meet date and see who can make it. Or we can schedule a couple meets back to back so we can get everyone to a meet. There's still a few of you guys that are on here that haven't had a chance to make a meet yet and we will make that happen.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
06-20-08, 11:03 am
We should have a pretty good group coming down this time. Not sure about our friend Nate, as he works a lot. It should be myself, HalletHawk, lynchben3, and my friend Ben. (he said he already signed up on the forum). He's a great addition as he plays football at a smaller Jr college, and is an extremely dedicated lifter.

If we get the turnout we're looking for, we might have to put a few tables together at that sports bar. One for us, one for our food :)

50deuce
06-20-08, 7:48 pm
Hey, cedar rapids area here, im 19 years old originaly from urbana and went to center point urbana for high school, i am currently deployed in iraq with the 101st airborne but will be back and hopefully coming back to iowa as soon as possible, i spend almost all my time here in iraq on here or lifting, i would love to get involved in the iowa chapter

shortstack
06-22-08, 8:39 am
Welcome to Iowa chapter bro. It's great to have another member even if you're not physically here. Let us know when you get back and we'll plan another meet around that date.
Stay safe brother.

Sam
You keep bringig guys into the Iowa group and you may be up for a recuiters job.haha
NIce work Sam.

Shortstace

shortstack
06-24-08, 9:27 am
I just got the box of goodies from Natural Guy. We got some Torrent for after the lift, some pump samples and another sample of something but I forget what it is. Also we received some copies of Wraths Journey. The banner also came with a silver sharpie so we can all sign it. The banner will be hung up in the cage next year at the classic. Maybe we can leave a space and put the dates of our meets on it, just to be different. I have a total of 10 of everything and 1 jug of Torrent so bring some guys and lets get that stuff used up.

Anyone want to set the date for the 12th? Let me know if that works fellas. If that's your weekend to work let me know and we'll change it to the 19th.

Shortstack

lynchben3
06-24-08, 10:14 am
I just got the box of goodies from Natural Guy. We got some Torrent for after the lift, some pump samples and another sample of something but I forget what it is. Also we received some copies of Wraths Journey. The banner also came with a silver sharpie so we can all sign it. The banner will be hung up in the cage next year at the classic. Maybe we can leave a space and put the dates of our meets on it, just to be different. I have a total of 10 of everything and 1 jug of Torrent so bring some guys and lets get that stuff used up.

Anyone want to set the date for the 12th? Let me know if that works fellas. If that's your weekend to work let me know and we'll change it to the 19th.

Shortstack

I can't do the 12th, going to be on a fishing trip. I can do the 19th, but I need to know soon so I can take it off from work.

shortstack
06-24-08, 10:37 am
The 19th is ok with me. Post up fellas, if we have to split it into 2 weekends, 12th and the 19th, we can do that also.

I want to get every one on the banner and all together at once but that may be difficult, so we'll have to do what we can.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
06-24-08, 2:22 pm
i'm down for either/both. u know i'm not doing anything :P

50deuce
06-24-08, 9:57 pm
hey yall, i wont be home from iraq till jan but im lifting evey day i hope to have 19 inch arms when this tour is over, i was wandering if one of yall could hook me up with a tshirt or a beanee or something,

shortstack
06-24-08, 10:44 pm
Keep up the work and stay focused bro. We'll be here when you get back and I'm sure we can hook you up with a shirt. I'll try to find the post for you but I believe there are a few military promos that you could check into also.

Stay safe.

Shortstack

naturalguy
06-25-08, 12:04 pm

Shortstack

Bring your own shakers and enjoy the Torrent fellas.

HallettHawk
06-25-08, 12:10 pm
12th is no good for HallettHawk. The 19th works out great!!!

If we work the wheels, we should push shortstack's truck around the parking lot like the KC Animals did after their leg workout.

shortstack
06-26-08, 6:34 am
Well fellas, looks like the 19th is shaping up nicely. I have another little bonus for you all. Be sure to wear some animal gear for the next one and Naturals going to hook us up after we see who all shows up. You'll have to be sure if you're bringing someone that they have a user name and have posted on here for the extra bonus from Natural Guy.

I'll bring the camera again so we can post some pics but have no idea how to put videos on. If any of you guys know how or can bring a camera, or tell me how to use my camera and put them on the photo bucket, I'll get some video on here also.

If you guys know someone who hasn't posted that they can make it feel free to shoot them a pm and make sure they know about it. Like I said I have 10 samples of stuff and want to give them all out.

Shortstack

vIShuS
06-26-08, 1:41 pm
hey guys, sorry its been a while, im finally getting my personal training business going and its been stressful as crap. 19th is a no go for me, i have a wedding that afternoon and then i work security that night. the 12th might be looking good though, ill keep looking at the forum here and post if i can get it open.

fatbackgoal
06-26-08, 8:16 pm
The 19th works for me boys and I will order a shirt. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

under7he13lood
06-27-08, 1:17 am
w00t! lookin like this is going to be a good one. My lifting partner should be able to make it, he said the 19th is good. C u all there!

fatbackgoal
07-05-08, 5:16 pm
I wanted to see if the 19th was a definite date. I am going to a wedding that day but hopefully it should be in the afternoon. If we hit it early I can be back in town in time.

shortstack
07-07-08, 7:06 pm
This is the date. Looks like most of us can make it for that day so I'll put it on the calander.

under7he13lood
07-08-08, 1:30 am
What r we liftin boss?

shortstack
07-08-08, 6:12 am
It's all up to you guys. Looks like there was some interest in Legs since we missed it last time. I will say this, with my buddy Eric coming to this one, legs may be a good thing to hit. I get some of my best leg days with hm around. That goes for everything but especially with legs.

You guys let me know what you want to do and we'll go from there.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
07-10-08, 5:56 pm
Well I hate to be bad news bears, but I cannot make the meet on the 19th. Rather than make something up like I have to help someones grandmother rescue a baby out of a tree, I'll just fess up. Some friends and I planned (many months ago, like 3) to go see the new Batman movie up at the IMAX theatre in Minnesota, get a hotel room and then hit up the last day of the Sonshine festival (huge concert spanning 4 days and many many bands) on Saturday. So yeah, it's entirely my fault that I committed to too many events (I also scheduled a new client that evening). I feel terrible, and will try not to do this again. My bad! Have a good time though!

God Bless
-Sam

lynchben3
07-12-08, 7:00 pm
Well I hate to be bad news bears, but I cannot make the meet on the 19th. Rather than make something up like I have to help someones grandmother rescue a baby out of a tree, I'll just fess up. Some friends and I planned (many months ago, like 3) to go see the new Batman movie up at the IMAX theatre in Minnesota, get a hotel room and then hit up the last day of the Sonshine festival (huge concert spanning 4 days and many many bands) on Saturday. So yeah, it's entirely my fault that I committed to too many events (I also scheduled a new client that evening). I feel terrible, and will try not to do this again. My bad! Have a good time though!

God Bless
-Sam

sorry guys, looks like i'm out if sam isn't going. he was my ride. good luck with the lift and i hope to hit up the next meet.

shortstack
07-13-08, 11:09 pm
Well fellas, as of now I would prefer to postone it. The only guys that would be going are all in CR. No sense driving to Jesup for us to workout in a different town.

Let me know when is a good date when Everyone can get there and well set that for a date. Any Saturday will work.

Shortstack

SecondSucks
07-24-08, 4:03 pm
Whats up guys? Im in Burlington now, but i'll be up in IC/Coralville this fall for college.

under7he13lood
07-24-08, 6:01 pm
Welcome aboard!

shortstack
07-30-08, 6:25 pm
OK guys, I have all this free stuff from Corporate burning a hole in the box they sent it to me in. We need to get another date set soon. I would like to have every post up a couple of dates after this weekend that will work so we can get every one together.

We also have an opportunity to get Animal shirts sent to us as long as we show up and sport our animal gear.

August 9th - 30th is all good for me.

So post up when you can make it.

Shortstack

lynchben3
07-30-08, 6:31 pm
OK guys, I have all this free stuff from Corporate burning a hole in the box they sent it to me in. We need to get another date set soon. I would like to have every post up a couple of dates after this weekend that will work so we can get every one together.

We also have an opportunity to get Animal shirts sent to us as long as we show up and sport our animal gear.

August 9th - 30th is all good for me.

So post up when you can make it.

Shortstack

This Saturday and next Saturday work well for me. I can't say for sure past that due to my work schedule not being up. Hopefully one of those work.

shortstack
07-30-08, 6:38 pm
The 9th would be better for me.

under7he13lood
07-31-08, 7:23 pm
the 9th! lets do it before i remember what i was suppose to do that day :P

lynchben3
08-01-08, 7:33 am
the 9th! lets do it before i remember what i was suppose to do that day :P

can i get a ride with you sam?

shortstack
08-03-08, 9:13 pm
We may have to push this again brothers. I haven't been able to get a hold of a couple of the guys. I would prefer to wait a few more weeks and let every one have a chance to go.

Stay posted, we'll get a date set soon.
Shortstack

under7he13lood
08-03-08, 9:56 pm
oh beans...

fatbackgoal
08-05-08, 7:25 pm
I am good for the 9th.

lynchben3
08-05-08, 10:15 pm
I am good for the 9th.

x2.

shortstack
08-07-08, 10:37 am
I really wish that we could have done it this weekend but I'll be out of comission for a couple of weeks. I have to get a wierd wart like thing cut off the inside of my index finger and it will require 5 or 6 stitches.
It's been bugging the shit out of me and I finally got the doc to schedule it. So unfortunately I'm out for a week or 2.

Lets see if we can get a solid date a few weeks out an get everyone to show up.

Sam, can you coordinate with your boys up there and see what date works? I need it to be a least the 23rd or later if I'm going to lift upperbody. If we hit legs I'll be up for the 16th but upperbody puts me out till the 23rd.

I'll round up the boys here and see who can go and when.

Thanks Guys.
Shortstack

under7he13lood
08-09-08, 4:05 pm
I'll talk with everyone and get something set in stone for us. I'll see what they want, legs or upper. I'd prefer to do legs, but I'll do anything (preferably not chest, since we did that last time). Heal up and we'll see you in a few weeks!

shortstack
08-09-08, 11:41 pm
Thanks Sam.

I'll tell you something, this surgery I had sucked. They cut the thing off of my finger and started to put in 4 stitches but they started poppin out and the doc had to go deeper and ...yep I felt every stitch.

Hopefully I'll have the stitches out next week and be ready to go by whatever date we get set.

See ya bro,
Shortstack

Histo55
08-18-08, 10:36 am
hey fellas, nebraska ain't got no ABC set up and I cant seem to get one goin....hell i live a few miles outside of omaha so i'd definatly road trip up to meet up you guys
----just let me know

lynchben3
08-18-08, 11:07 am
hey fellas, nebraska ain't got no ABC set up and I cant seem to get one goin....hell i live a few miles outside of omaha so i'd definatly road trip up to meet up you guys
----just let me know

Sounds good. Anyone have a date in mind yet? It'd be nice to know a little sooner in advance so I can take it off from work.

shortstack
08-19-08, 11:45 pm
You guys pick a date in September and I'll be there. Any date and I'll get everything together and set it on the calander.

under7he13lood
08-20-08, 12:07 am
13th or 20th would work well for me.

shortstack
08-21-08, 2:30 pm
Any one of those days would work for me also. Post up fellas and let us know so we can all get together.

lynchben3
08-22-08, 7:45 am
Any one of those days would work for me also. Post up fellas and let us know so we can all get together.

20th would work.

shortstack
08-22-08, 10:31 am
The 20th gives us 3 weeks to get every one on board. Lets go with the 20th for now and start getting ahold of other Iowa members and see if they can make it.

NaturalGuy offered us some shirts for all the animals wearing animal shirts at the next meet. I want everyone in our group to get a shirt, so start getting in touch with the other guys and see if we can make this a good meet.

I'll get a hold of the guys in CR.

Shortstack

shortstack
09-03-08, 12:44 pm
I've heard from a few brothers and it's set for the 20th.

I have samples of pump, torrent, and coppies of Wraths Journey to hand out to you guys for this one. I also have the banner, which we will all sign and I can take it out to Columbus for the Arnold Classic in March to hang in the cage.

Bring your animal gear to wear and we'll get some more pics to post up. Round up all the guys that you can and lets get the Iowa group a little bigger.

See you guys soon.

Shortstack

lynchben3
09-04-08, 7:59 pm
I've heard from a few brothers and it's set for the 20th.

I have samples of pump, torrent, and coppies of Wraths Journey to hand out to you guys for this one. I also have the banner, which we will all sign and I can take it out to Columbus for the Arnold Classic in March to hang in the cage.

Bring your animal gear to wear and we'll get some more pics to post up. Round up all the guys that you can and lets get the Iowa group a little bigger.

See you guys soon.

Shortstack

I own no Animal Gear whatsoever. Do you have any extras I could buy down there?

shortstack
09-07-08, 8:04 am
I'll see what I have bro but you might want to hit Sam up. I think I gave him my extras the last time I saw him.

My buddy Eric is out for the 20th but Rod and I will still be going up.

Shortstack

shortstack
09-10-08, 12:14 pm
Alright Brothers, were at a week out before the next meet.

Let's get a list of who is going to be there. Just hit the quote button and fill in your name. I'll send out some PM's to be sure that everyone remembers it's next weekend.

shortstack (Jeremy)

under7he13lood
09-10-08, 3:44 pm

Let's get a list of who is going to be there. Just hit the quote button and fill in your name. I'll send out some PM's to be sure that everyone remembers it's next weekend.

shortstack (Jeremy)
under7he13lood (Sam)

lynchben3
09-10-08, 4:22 pm

shortstack (Jeremy)

under7he13lood (Sam)

lynchben3 (Ben)

shortstack
09-10-08, 4:33 pm

shortstack (Jeremy)
under7he13lood (Sam)
lynchben3 (Ben)

Forgot to add that we can meet as usual @ 9am.

shortstack
09-11-08, 10:42 am
Well boys it never fails that something always gets in the way. I just found out that i have to be out of town on the 20th for work.

We can do one of two things. I can get the sample stuff and banner to Rod and see if he can take it up and you guys can hold the meet.

Second, we can move the date up to this Sat, the 13th and see if that works.

I'll shoot you guys PM's and see where we sit.

Sorry for jinxin it again.

Shortstack

fatbackgoal
09-20-08, 10:09 am
IA Animals,

Sorry for not keeping in touch but have made a promise that to get ready for the Arnold (yes if I say I am going I will do it) I need to get together with the group.

Where are we with the next meet. If CR Animals want to have a mini-meet that would be fine with me as well.

Hope everyone is well and talk to you soon.

under7he13lood
09-20-08, 12:36 pm
Maybe we should just go to CR some day to lift...eh?

shortstack
09-27-08, 2:08 pm
Hey Brothers, I kno it's been rough getting everyone together but I'm back in town again until the 13th of October until the 26th of October.

I'll be available anytime either before or after that 2 week period. I'd love to do it as soon as next week but you guys let me know when your available.

I talked to the lady at the Mac about guest passes and she said they don't do that. It's $15 a day I think so comming to the Mac would be a little expensive. I'll check out some other places and see what I can find but I really like the Jesup set up.

You guys decide when you want to meet and I'll be there, no more delays.

Shortstack.

fatbackgoal
10-09-08, 7:15 am
Just trying to see what is up with everyone? Would be nice to get something together.

shortstack
10-10-08, 10:22 am
We are going to try and shoot for November 1st. Sam and the boys up north should be able to make that one. You up for that Rod?

I also told Sam that when we get together that I want us to schedule at least 2 more meets so we have a more defenite schedule so we can all plan around those dates.

Let me know what everyone thinks and we'll get some dates solidified.

Thanks Guys,

Shortstack

shortstack
10-11-08, 7:50 am
Sorry guys Sam told me the 8th, not the first.

shortstack
10-11-08, 9:46 am
Hey guys, I forgot to add something else.

While at the Olympia, Hola Bola and J-Dawg hooked me up with some goodies and out of it I got an extra copy of the Legs DVD.

Sooooo, in addition to the free samples of pump I'll be bringing on the 8th, and the free torrent, all coutresy of Natural Guy and G-Diesel, I'll also be throwing in the copy of the legs DVD, PLUS, I have a copy of the Back DVD that I have already watched several times I will give to some one also. PLUS, I still have my own copy off LEGS that I also have watched a million times I'll give out also.

So to recap I have 2 copys of the LEGS DVD and a copy of the BACK DVD to give away. I'll also show up a little earlier than the usual 9:00am start time to get you guys the pump samples so you're all fired up and ready to go, then we can all get some torrent to finish off the work out. Then we can all take another pic with our animal gear and I'll have Natural Guy hook up up with some shirts.

We also have to get the banner signed and I need to send it back to corporate very soon.

See ya all soon.
Shortstack

under7he13lood
10-12-08, 12:31 pm
sweeeeet!

shortstack
10-27-08, 1:13 pm
What's up brothers? I'm back in town for another 3 weeks before i go out on travel again. I can't wait for the next meet to go down.

I need all you guys to post up who is coming so we can get an idea. I'll being in all the goodies and we can hit that resturant again or drive down the road somewhere.

Anyway I'll be shooting out some PM's to remind everyone.

See you guys soon,

Shortstack

under7he13lood
10-30-08, 1:04 pm
shortstack
13lood
Tibbits
lynchben3

shortstack
10-30-08, 3:56 pm
Really looking forward to this one guys. I'll keep sendout out pm's and see who else I can get rounded up.

Shortstack

shortstack
11-05-08, 10:57 am
Only a few days left before the Jesup gym get together. Anyone else out there from Iowa is welcome to meet up with us at Jesup gym in Jesup Iowa @ 9:00am. Bring your shaker cup cause I have some torrent to hand out after the work out.

Anyquestions, shoot me a pm.

Shortstack

under7he13lood
11-07-08, 9:37 am
We are down 1, Tibbits got hit with Mandatory overtime. Ben and I are still going though, so we'll see everyone tomorrow!

shortstack
11-07-08, 5:02 pm
I'll be bringing one guy, he's not on the forum yet but I'm working on him.

Dont forget your shaker cups and I'll also be bringing some samples of pump to take before we hit the weights.

If you get there before I do, start warming up those legs, you'll need it. hahaha

Shortstack