PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island Animals

NickSP
12-06-07, 2:52 pm
From G's list there's no RI chapter. I know you guys are a small state but I'm sure there's gotta be some Animals there, who wants to get a chapter going?

NickSP
12-13-07, 7:03 pm
Seriously, there's ZERO people in RI out of the 10,000+ on this board?

Jmuls
12-13-07, 8:03 pm
Probably would be best to make the drive to either CT or MA for an event.

CPL Demon
12-14-07, 4:38 pm
I must be the one Rhode Islander on the forvm.

REBORN1
01-15-08, 11:11 pm
ill be in rhode island until the middle of may, then ill be transferring to a different school, i was just wondering if someone knows any gyms in the north smithfield/no. prov area

bleed_alone
07-16-08, 10:17 pm
RHODE ISLANDDDDDDD

so what do we got.. 2? i train with a guy who's registered here, but unlike me he doesn't have the extra spare 5 mins to check it occasionally. he'd be down. i'd love to get something started here.

Deph
07-28-08, 4:49 pm
Rhode islander here as well

Universal Rep
07-28-08, 4:51 pm
What are we talking about fellas? Providence? Pawtucket? By one of the universities?

bleed_alone
07-29-08, 10:15 am
providence, warwick, narragansett (university of rhode island)

being in rhode island.. distance doesn't really matter that much, i think it's just about finding a good gym.

i got yelled at for doing tbar rows because i guess that's a "liability and safety issue due to the modification of equipment" so i guess my gyms out.

Deph
07-30-08, 8:44 am
yea RI is so damn small, distance never is really an issue

im from warwick myself but work out in East providence due to convince of being near my work

Sandpig
07-30-08, 8:01 pm
I grew up in the Pawtucket area.

Is World Gym still on Branch Ave. in Prov.?

That was pretty hardcore 20 years ago.

teethoflions
08-17-08, 7:25 pm
i am a member of golds gym east greenwich, golds gym pawtucket, steves gym (most brutal old school dump of weights ive ever seen) in bonnet shorts, narragansett. and i regularly attend world gym in wakefield and warwick rhode island.

steves is the smallest but most suitable environment for an ABC event. but either of the worlds gyms in wakefield and warwick are very decent and totally sufficient in size, espescially the warwick location. warwick is a very decent location for everybody to get to. its directly off of route 2 and in the middle of the state so travel shouldnt be a hassle for many people. dumbells go up to 120. lets get this done guys.

teethoflions
08-17-08, 7:29 pm
i got yelled at today for doing t-bars in the corner, in the middle of the double cable station. ha! i wanted to see that jerk pull 6 plates of the floor for 8 reps. what an ass.

by the way, in case anybody is curious...

im 21 years old.
6'2
15% bf.
350 lb bench.
510 lb squat for 2
475 lb rack pull for 7.

im serious about this stuff. if we have an abc event, il be thrilled. i eat sleep and breathe this stuff.

bleed_alone
08-18-08, 1:14 pm
teeth... my summer job is 5 mins away from steves gym. ive been interested in checking it out but i have never had the time really. hearing what you said about it is refreshing haha. i used to train at world in warwick and im semi friendly with the owner and i'm sure that would be ok to hold an event there. good location.

edit: my bad didnt read that you trained there as well. does jim still own it? him and that kid youjay (no idea how to spell that dudes name) that works at the desk are cool guys.

NickSP
08-18-08, 1:22 pm
Well you've got a few guys, talk amongst each other and pick a coordinator and start working out details. Let's get thing thing goin...

teethoflions
08-24-08, 6:40 pm
what exactly needs to take place in order to coordinate an abc event?

i live in rhode island and am very interested in bringing animal to the smallest state in the u.s.

do i contact the gym first and alert them?
do i contact you?
is there a cost involved?
is there an application i need to fill out?

please let me know A.S.A.P and thank you for your time...

NickSP
08-25-08, 2:07 am
what exactly needs to take place in order to coordinate an abc event?

i live in rhode island and am very interested in bringing animal to the smallest state in the u.s.

do i contact the gym first and alert them?
do i contact you?
is there a cost involved?
is there an application i need to fill out?

please let me know A.S.A.P and thank you for your time...

Gather up your crew, PM G Diesel and tell him you're trying to start a new chapter. When you decide on a date to get together, he'll send you a poster (and whatever else) so you guys can sign it and send it back to UN. If you don't have a whole lot of guys, then calling the gym to let them know may not be as big a deal, but if you'd like to hang up the poster or whatever, it's just the safe bet to let em know you wanna run a sponsored event at their place. I'd recommend calling them no matter what. No applications or whatever, just let G know you want a RI chapter and he'll take care of you.

bleed_alone
08-25-08, 10:35 am
lets do it

teethoflions
08-25-08, 2:04 pm
alright guys. Which gym are you guys interested in invading. i for one nominate the warwick worlds gym on rt 2. VERY easy to get 2. Lots of space. Lots of free weights. Decent atmosphere.

EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO ATTEND MAKE A POST ABOUT WHICH GYM YOUD LIKE TO DO THIS AT. WHEN WE FIGURE OUT WHERE WE WANNA LIFT, IL LET G KNOW.

CHRIS

bleed_alone
08-25-08, 3:01 pm
im good for world on rt 2 also

Universal Rep
08-26-08, 2:58 pm
Is there an official coordinator for RI?

bleed_alone
08-26-08, 3:37 pm
at this time, not yet

mike k
08-26-08, 5:47 pm
also interested in creating a RI chapter, if you guys want it at world thats fine with me

mike k
09-02-08, 8:20 pm
i see some people want to start an RI chapter, ill be the coordinator if no minds and i dont think you do cuase i dont see anyone else volunteering. if thats cool with everyone just let me know and shoot a PM to one of the reps and we can get this shit goin

NickSP
09-02-08, 9:47 pm
Like I said, talk amongst yourselves and choose someone, looks like you guys could start up with a 4-6 man crew.

riversidebarbel
02-20-09, 9:51 am
Any new info as to what is going on?

Animal Rep
03-31-09, 11:49 am
RI is small but had a solid force of animals. Did you guys ever get together and get something going?

m016498
04-01-09, 3:18 pm
I'm a short timer here since I'll be moving on military orders at the end of June '09, but would be willing to assist in getting something together. I think some of my best lifting days are behind me, but the itch will never cease. Located in Newport.

jcronk
04-24-09, 11:10 pm
hey im jay, in warwick, hit me up if anything gets organized, would love to help plan something but have to leave in the end of may for the birth of my son, but will be back.

C.Coronato
06-01-09, 10:21 am
Whats going on fellas. I was at JWU for 4 years. Loved hitting the school gym up there now im back home in jersey. Any word on anything going on up there?

C.Coronato
06-17-09, 3:47 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Rhode Island ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13091)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

C.Coronato
10-08-09, 11:33 am
RI has so many schools in it that there has got to be people who are looking to train. Come out of the wood work, lots to get done ..

C.Coronato
02-19-10, 10:01 am
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

C.Coronato
07-02-10, 10:13 am
Whats up guys, i know your not too far from CT. The House is competing and we are getting a big ABC set up after his show in Hartford. Check it out here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=31916

The_Genius
09-17-10, 10:14 am
Did anyone ever set anything up in Rhode Island? Was a gym ever chosen?

C.Coronato
09-20-10, 10:38 am
Did anyone ever set anything up in Rhode Island? Was a gym ever chosen?

I dont think there ever was one established, but your more than welcome to try to get one going my man.

MeatFreak
10-04-10, 4:06 pm
Anything yet? Just moved back from Alaska to Providence/North Kingstown area. Workout in Health Trax in East Providence, and Golds Gym on Rt. 2 Warwick...got some big buddies who like to eat iron too. If you all are still interested in meeting up let me know. Im in

C.Coronato
10-04-10, 4:45 pm
Your more than welcome to get one going my man. Pick a date, get some of your guys together and train. Get up some pics. Thats the start my man!

Big D
10-04-10, 4:52 pm
i went to school in rhode island for 3 years. (URI)

i trained at Strength and Health-its in the smithfield area

good friend of mine Runs it- Andy Vale. look him up. hes a goodass dude.

C.Coronato
02-17-11, 4:25 pm

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Jay
03-14-11, 5:48 am
Just a heads up there is a strong possiblilty an ABC will be happening in Connecticut around May/June. If interested keep an eye on the Connecticut thread.

C.Coronato
02-03-12, 10:43 am

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

The_Genius
09-09-12, 7:29 pm
Anyone in RI looking for a training partner?

Cranky
01-10-13, 5:44 pm
Im about 15 mins from Woonsocket, y'all get something brewin', i'll be down. Subbing for news. Or if your down for doing something in Mass., my gym is solid.

mcbeast
06-11-13, 11:22 am
I'm new here & living in Narragansett. My girl has given me the lowdown of this entire state & I'm not leaving. This place is beautiful. Now that I have found home, who the hell trains here?!

I currently frequent two different gyms. One is Next Level Fitness in Johnston. It's an "athletic training center" and has plenty of equipment & turf to boot. I also train at Ocean State (Bodybuilders Inc) & this place is straight out of fucking pumping iron! TONS of old school equipment (that's full functional) Lots of specialty bars, etc. This place is every animals dream.

Animal/Universal Staff... If you are reading this know I am entirely up for the job of coordinator!

Jay
06-13-13, 11:54 am
Hey. Im not too too far from R.I. Living in Mass I have the same problem with finding people. I've found 2, maybe 3 people on the forvm here from Massachusetts. We hold an ABC in Connecticut if that's not too far from you.

Universal Rep
06-13-13, 12:52 pm
I'm new here & living in Narragansett. My girl has given me the lowdown of this entire state & I'm not leaving. This place is beautiful. Now that I have found home, who the hell trains here?!

I currently frequent two different gyms. One is Next Level Fitness in Johnston. It's an "athletic training center" and has plenty of equipment & turf to boot. I also train at Ocean State (Bodybuilders Inc) & this place is straight out of fucking pumping iron! TONS of old school equipment (that's full functional) Lots of specialty bars, etc. This place is every animals dream.

Animal/Universal Staff... If you are reading this know I am entirely up for the job of coordinator!

Yo MC, wanna run the RI Chapter and liven things up?

NickPalumbo
01-10-15, 9:19 am
What's up bro's? Names Nick from Warwick, RI. I've been weight training for a while but I'm newer to the the Powerlifting world. Theres got to be plenty of strong and dedicated Animals in RI and we need to start linking up and training together. I currently train at Global Gym in Cranston (used to be Gold's gym), which is one of the most Powerlifting friendly gyms in RI. I also have trained at Ocean State Gym in Johnston, which is probably the last truly Hardcore gym left in the state. It's time to resurrect this thread and start bringing together some of the strongest people in the smallest state.

Peace