PDA

View Full Version : ALABAMA Animals

BEASTOFRAGE
12-08-07, 10:51 pm
Are there any besides me and IRBS in Alabama?
TB

jhicks3301
12-13-07, 4:07 pm
I'm from Alabama and travel back and forth between school breaks.. I'm from Huntsville..

IRBS
12-13-07, 4:20 pm
Me and the Brute is all I know of.

I'm up in Huntsville. Hit me up next time youre in town.

jhicks3301
12-13-07, 4:25 pm
Me and the Brute is all I know of.

I'm up in Huntsville. Hit me up next time youre in town.

sweet.. I'm actually flying home for Christmas break next Wednesday and staying for about 3 weeks.. Where do you workout in Hville?

IRBS
12-13-07, 4:30 pm
sweet.. I'm actually flying home for Christmas break next Wednesday and staying for about 3 weeks.. Where do you workout in Hville?

I train at UAH.

jhicks3301
12-13-07, 4:33 pm
I train at UAH.

Oh ok sweet.. How you liking that new center over there?? It's pretty damn sweet..

I wish that they had not of closed down GOLD's there..
I usually train at Rivera.. it sucks and it is small..

Sometimes I train out in Hazel Green.. Where I lived and trained at my Uncles Gym.. The Bullpen..

Well maybe us three can get together in the next few weeks or something

IRBS
12-13-07, 8:52 pm
Oh ok sweet.. How you liking that new center over there?? It's pretty damn sweet..

I wish that they had not of closed down GOLD's there..
I usually train at Rivera.. it sucks and it is small..

Sometimes I train out in Hazel Green.. Where I lived and trained at my Uncles Gym.. The Bullpen..

Well maybe us three can get together in the next few weeks or something

Its ok. Its big and I have good connections there so nobody gives me any trouble for chalk, bands, slamming weights, whatever. Its still a "fitness center" and not a powerlifting gym, but its what I have to deal with.

Gold's is supposedly coming back to town. I know there is a guy who has bought the licensing rights, and that aint cheap. Supposedly 2 Golds are coming, and one with a Powerlifting room, but we'll see...

Yeah Riviera sucks, I went in there once and will never go back. I'll train anywhere though, your uncles gym sounds cool, whats it like?

jhicks3301
12-13-07, 9:21 pm
Its ok. Its big and I have good connections there so nobody gives me any trouble for chalk, bands, slamming weights, whatever. Its still a "fitness center" and not a powerlifting gym, but its what I have to deal with.

Gold's is supposedly coming back to town. I know there is a guy who has bought the licensing rights, and that aint cheap. Supposedly 2 Golds are coming, and one with a Powerlifting room, but we'll see...

Yeah Riviera sucks, I went in there once and will never go back. I'll train anywhere though, your uncles gym sounds cool, whats it like?

It is basically an old barn that he turned into a gym.. Pretty hardcore gym. Not the newest equipment but its the best IMO.. It not big by any means but it gets the job done.. He used to be a powerlifer so I'm sure he would love if the Bama crew got together for a session

That would be sick if GOLDs would come back.. I buddy of mine's dad used to have a partnership back in it YEARS ago but got out of it long before it shut down..

IRBS
12-13-07, 9:53 pm
It is basically an old barn that he turned into a gym.. Pretty hardcore gym. Not the newest equipment but its the best IMO.. It not big by any means but it gets the job done.. He used to be a powerlifer so I'm sure he would love if the Bama crew got together for a session

That would be sick if GOLDs would come back.. I buddy of mine's dad used to have a partnership back in it YEARS ago but got out of it long before it shut down..

Does he still run that gym? I would love to see what he has. I dont care about new crap in the gym, I like hardcore, no frills places.

I would like to get in touch with him if he still operates it.

Hit me up when you get to town.

jhicks3301
12-13-07, 10:48 pm
Does he still run that gym? I would love to see what he has. I dont care about new crap in the gym, I like hardcore, no frills places.

I would like to get in touch with him if he still operates it.

Hit me up when you get to town.

Yeah bro.. He still has it.. Hit him up... I don't have the number anymore but its Bull Pen Gym...

It is of Charity Lane in Hazel Green.. There are some pretty hardcore dudes that go there.
I will for sure hit you up when i get in.. Throw some iron for sure

BEASTOFRAGE
12-16-07, 2:46 pm
anyone else?
TB

jhicks3301
12-16-07, 3:35 pm
I think it would be sweet if we could get an event while I'm home!!

Level 2 Calf Master
01-15-08, 11:30 am
I'm in Bama and currently in college, but I hope this thing gets started up.

IRBS
01-15-08, 11:33 am
I'm in Bama and currently in college, but I hope this thing gets started up.

Where are you at?

krazyassmexican
01-15-08, 11:38 am
fuck now this would be a session where i would like to be

MassMonster
01-15-08, 11:48 am
ill go look for sum for u ppl...

MassMonster
01-15-08, 11:54 am
Pmed every bama animal listed .... not many tho bros... sorry

Level 2 Calf Master
01-15-08, 3:02 pm
Where are you at?

I'm in Tuscaloosa at the University. Does anyone know of a little rat hole where I can get some work done here? Frat boys are overruning our gym!

IRBS
01-15-08, 3:10 pm
I'm in Tuscaloosa at the University. Does anyone know of a little rat hole where I can get some work done here? Frat boys are overruning our gym!

I know there are some powerlifters down in that area, I am not sure where they lift at but I know they have a Monolift, chains, etc. I only really run in the Powerlifting circles, so if you are interested in some more info I can hook you up with the right people. PM me for details.

BEASTOFRAGE
01-15-08, 6:25 pm
I know there are some powerlifters down in that area, I am not sure where they lift at but I know they have a Monolift, chains, etc. I only really run in the Powerlifting circles, so if you are interested in some more info I can hook you up with the right people. PM me for details.

there is TEMPLE GYM in northport where a friend of mine trains. another is the AQUATIC center on BAMA campus...another friend of mine lifts there and there is a monolift there too...

hope this helps...WORLD GYM is also powerlifter friendly too...
TB

Level 2 Calf Master
01-15-08, 7:59 pm
I appreciate it guys, I'll check some of those gyms out.

Freak57
01-15-08, 10:43 pm
From alabama.. Walker County.. Bout an 45 minutes from b ham or tuscaloosa...

Appollonian
02-07-08, 7:30 am
I'm new to the Montgomery, AL, area and would like to join the ABC. I don't know if I need to meet a certain minimum, but I have the desire to get big and converse with like minded people. Also, can only men join? My wife sees me taking my Paks and got interested when I described the ABC.

Thank you.

jhicks3301
02-07-08, 9:39 am
whats up fellas.. I'll be coming home in May.. Maybe you guys will have an event then..

North Alabama area.. Huntsville

irocz2003502
02-16-08, 2:32 pm
I'm training around the birmingham area.

irocz2003502
02-16-08, 10:19 pm
What all is involved in getting a Coordinator for Alabama's ABC? I don't know about you guys but, i work night shift so finding someone to train with is next to impossible. Unless you count my girl, who isn't quite enthused with the type of work outs i do.

Big Swole
03-13-08, 9:39 pm
Rep'n Florence Alabama!!!!

jhicks3301
03-14-08, 2:38 pm
Hey guys, I'll be coming home in May for a couple of weeks.. Maybe we can get something together!

May 14-29 to be exact...

I'll be down in FL prob till the following monday... So hopefully we can get something official

btw, I'll be in Huntsville

fireman9
03-20-08, 2:33 pm
TB

I'm in Florence. So Yea.

G Diesel
03-21-08, 8:35 am
If BEASTOFRAGE aka The Brute is making it happen, you know the Bama ABC is gonna be fuckin' hardcore. Can't wait for this one to get off the ground. Peace, G

BEASTOFRAGE
03-21-08, 11:07 am
i'm lookin to make one happen in late april or may...stay tuned...
TB

G Diesel
03-24-08, 4:34 pm
i'm lookin to make one happen in late april or may...stay tuned...
TB

Awesome... Ya know this one is gonna be a banger with some sick weights tossed around. Peace, G

Big Swole
03-27-08, 10:30 pm
Whats up guys! Somebody PM me and let me know whats going on. I would like to attend anything that has to do with Animal in Bama. I think I may be the only Animal junkie in Florence Alabama. Later - Big Swole

IRBS
03-28-08, 8:36 am
Whats up guys! Somebody PM me and let me know whats going on. I would like to attend anything that has to do with Animal in Bama. I think I may be the only Animal junkie in Florence Alabama. Later - Big Swole

Beast and I are working on it.l Hopefully we can get something put together in the next month or two.

fireman9
03-29-08, 9:31 am

define Animal junkie. I am at Gold's and Johnson's.

TortFeasor
03-29-08, 1:20 pm
This is fucking great. I am at school in Birmingham and will be around for a clerkship this summer as well. Let me know when yall get this rolling, cause I am in.

G Diesel
03-31-08, 4:03 pm
My boy BEASTOFRAGE is the new ABC coordinator for Alabama. Much respect bro, looking forward to seeing you and IRBS put this thing on the map. Peace, G

BEASTOFRAGE
04-01-08, 12:17 am
My boy BEASTOFRAGE is the new ABC coordinator for Alabama. Much respect bro, looking forward to seeing you and IRBS put this thing on the map. Peace, G

damn...thanx G...i will do my damnest to do so brother...of course i'll have to get a new animal shirt as my old one no longer fits...LOL!!
TB

BEASTOFRAGE
04-01-08, 12:21 am
OK...bama animals....how about sunday, may 11th, 2008? how does that work for everyone. the gym will either be IRONWORKS in hueytown or WORLD GYM in gardendale which for most will be near I-65. but i want to see if this date works first. i know me and my partner will be doin accessory shit like back/traps or shoulders/some benchin/and arms....AND i know BIG IRBS will be down too...

i say IRONWORKS OR WORLD GYM because IRONWORKS are open early sunday to 12 and then 4 til 7 pm...depending on time, we could do it at WORLD GYM in gardendale which is closer to the interstate...
TB

IRBS
04-01-08, 8:54 am
Either works for me Curt. I would prefer Gardendale, since it is on the North side of town and I will be coming down from Huntsville.

IRBS
04-01-08, 12:04 pm
BAMA Animals;

Curt (BEASTOFRAGE) asked me to relay this info, he doesnt have web access at work:

The first Bama ABC will take place on Sunday, May 11, 2008 in the Birmingham, AL area (Curt is working on setting the location, but it will likely be at one of the places listed above). Once we set the location we will set the time, but it will likely be sometime after 12.

Please RSVP for the event in this thread so that we can get a head count together.

So far we have:

1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS

Just add to this list.

More info to come, stay tuned,
IRBS

jhicks3301
04-01-08, 12:37 pm
damn, I'm going to miss it. I won't be in bama till the 17th and I'll be heading down to PCB on firday and coming back on monday!

I'll have to catch the next one!

KILL IT FELLAS!

atrain11b
04-01-08, 12:50 pm
Hey BAMA Animals, I am from TN, yet stationed in Korea. I will be home on leave in April-May. I will also be in the Atlanta area, Duluth to be exact and will be staying at a hotel near Basspro there in Duluth, was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a GOOD gym in that area. I know the hotel gym will be crap. Not sure if any of you are from that area, and I know I could Google it, but thought I would try to get some Animals to reccommend something before I go in blind.

As to not Hijack this thread shoot me a PM if you know of any gyms in that area. I will be there April 2-3.

Thanks everyone.

TortFeasor
04-01-08, 1:46 pm
I beleive I will be able to make this session. My last final is on May 8th, and I will need a kick ass session after law finals. Either one works for me since I am coming up from B'ham, yall just let me know. I will keep you posted, but for now count me in.

IRBS
04-01-08, 1:48 pm
So far we have:

1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. TortFeasor

G Diesel
04-01-08, 1:51 pm
So far we have:

1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. TortFeasor

Keep em coming fellas... The Alabama boys are my darkhorse pick for an up and coming big ABC. I have mad faith in you guys. Peace, G

BEASTOFRAGE
04-01-08, 1:58 pm
Keep em coming fellas... The Alabama boys are my darkhorse pick for an up and coming big ABC. I have mad faith in you guys. Peace, G

thanx brother...me and will are goin to do our best to make it a good one. my training partner that i speak about in my log will be there so make it four.
TB

IRBS
04-01-08, 2:08 pm
So far we have:

1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. Joe
4. TortFeasor

Big Swole
04-02-08, 10:37 pm
define Animal junkie. I am at Gold's and Johnson's.

Im at Gold's too. How much is Johnson's Gym? I live like 1/2 mile from there.

Big Swole
04-02-08, 10:50 pm
Count me in guys! I'll be there.

BEASTOFRAGE
04-03-08, 1:37 am
So far we have:

1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. Joe
4. TortFeasor
5. Big Swole

TB

BEASTOFRAGE
04-06-08, 5:14 pm
Bump
Tb

irocz2003502
04-12-08, 2:01 pm
I'll be there. Pending time and place.

BEASTOFRAGE
04-13-08, 1:32 pm
1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. Joe
4. TortFeasor
5. Big Swole
6. irocz2003502
TB

G Diesel
04-15-08, 4:38 pm
1. BEASTOFRAGE
2. IRBS
3. Joe
4. TortFeasor
5. Big Swole
6. irocz2003502
TB

The list is growing, Brute... I know this is gonna be a sick crew when it is all said and done. Peace, G

BEASTOFRAGE
04-16-08, 1:32 am
The list is growing, Brute... I know this is gonna be a sick crew when it is all said and done. Peace, G

we are trying...i know there are more animals here out of AL...lol!
TB

NurseWaller
04-22-08, 6:24 pm
sup ladies...i'm here in ttown to man....only problem is im heading back home around the 8th or 9th for the summer....but for the guy asking for a place to lift at here in town to get away from all the frat-tastic shit at the rec..you should go to world's...nothing but guys lifting hard...i miss all the random ass i see at the rec...but u gotta sacrifice...good luck with it guys...we should get some shit together during football season for sure...we can hand out animal pack or something at the quad while g diesel bench presses sorority girls...lol...later fellas

BEASTOFRAGE
05-01-08, 1:11 pm
BUMP! if your comin may 11th, please RVSP again to make sure...it maybe bumped to the 18th...please let me know if the 11th and/or the 18th will work?
TB

IRBS
05-01-08, 1:13 pm
I still should be good for both of those dates...pending nothing comes up.

Enforcer
05-01-08, 1:23 pm
BUMP! if your comin may 11th, please RVSP again to make sure...it maybe bumped to the 18th...please let me know if the 11th and/or the 18th will work?
TB

Get it done fellas. It seems you guys added a new Animal to that list everyday. Keep it up. Hopefully you guys will get a few more guys in there. Tell your freinds and get them to come. Have em sign up at the Forvm. I'm very excited to see hwo this one turns out.

TortFeasor
05-03-08, 2:05 am
Either date works for me fellas, cause my last final is May 6th. Do we have a final location yet? I'll try to check the thread within the next few days, and looking forward to liftin.

BEASTOFRAGE
05-03-08, 3:17 am
that location will be world gym in gardendale...once we see that the 18th is possible, i'll drop the directions...
TB

irocz2003502
05-06-08, 7:34 pm
18th is good with me. Got to be at work around 9pm, but other than that i'll be there.

IRBS
05-06-08, 10:03 pm
Curt;

What time we shooting for?

BEASTOFRAGE
05-07-08, 12:48 am
Curt;

What time we shooting for?

same as the 11th...around 1pm in gardendale...
TB

IRBS
05-07-08, 8:47 am
OK, so:

May 18, 2008
1 p.m.
World Gym in Gardendale, AL

BE THERE!

irocz2003502
05-07-08, 6:00 pm
What is the goal of the meeting?

BEASTOFRAGE
05-07-08, 6:08 pm
What is the goal of the meeting?

SMASH PRs!! what else?LOL!

we will be doin some upper body stuff. for me and irbs, this is the time for us to take advantage of and do some shirt work along with chest, tris, and some shoulders and back...
TB

IRBS
05-07-08, 6:18 pm
SMASH PRs!! what else?LOL!

we will be doin some upper body stuff. for me and irbs, this is the time for us to take advantage of and do some shirt work along with chest, tris, and some shoulders and back...
TB

True that! Gonna be some heavy shirt work on the 18th!!

TortFeasor
05-09-08, 4:17 pm
Looking forward to it fellas. It will be great to see the Brute in action!

BEASTOFRAGE
05-14-08, 11:12 pm
lol!! not sure if there is goin to be a lot of action to see but we'll see bro...here are some directions and the guest fee is $10

take 65 south to birmingham...get off on exit 271(fieldstown rd) and make a left goin back under the overpass. head to hwy 31 and make a right.....world gym will be on the right(may have a powerhouse gym banner)....
TB

BEASTOFRAGE
05-17-08, 6:46 pm
due to some of the guys having financial issues as of late, i've decided to reschedule for a later date...JUNE 22ND is the new date now. i apologize for this bros...hit me back..
TB

TortFeasor
06-18-08, 1:37 am
Sup guys, we still looking to get together on the 22nd? Or do we have any alternate plans?

BEASTOFRAGE
06-26-08, 7:03 pm
i found a better location to have it and it will be in AUGUST for sure...stay tuned...
TB

jhicks3301
06-26-08, 7:14 pm
I'm keeping an eye on you guys. I might be coming home again soon...

But I'm moving back home in December so I'll be staying FOR GOOD!!!

AFTazz06
07-28-08, 9:34 pm
Whats going on bros?! i'm new to this thread, and i would like to join you guys. I'm in T-Town, i graduate from bama this semester (in december). hit me up, i want to get to know you guys and learn from you as well!

bigpappa160
08-05-08, 3:23 pm
I'm new here. I'm live in Hartford, Al and train at BBS Home of South Alabama Barbell. I'm a powerlifter. Been doing the weight training on and off for about 25 yrs. Started when I was high school doing bodybuilding training and worked into powerlifting. Joined the Army in 1987, still trained but didn't do any competitions due to Army training and traveling. I'm retired and working as a Flight Training Academic Instructor here in Ft Rucker, Al. My health is kind of tore up so, I'm going back to my roots of training. I'm starting over with a bodybuilding training routine. I'll show up here and there asking for the young guys advice on new training routines or exercises. I'm one of the person's that's never to old to learn from the younger guys. Hope to start talking to ya'll soon. Here's my first question: Like I said I'm starting a old routine and need to know if it is too much training, here goes:
Mon- Light day, legs, back
Tues- light day, chest, tri's
Weds- shoulders, bi's
Thurs- Heavy day, legs, back
Friday- Heavy day, chest, tri's
This will be a 4 week training routine and then I'll change it up

Firedrake
08-12-08, 7:43 pm
Hey, Brothers,

I'm from the L.A. area, but will be in Birmingham starting the afternoon of the 21st and through the 25th for a family occasion, and don't want to lose my workout schedule. I'll be staying with friends in Trussville, and was wondering if there are any decent gyms out that way.

For all of that, I'm thinking of moving back there in a couple of years (I'm tired of Los Angeles), and would appreciate neighborhood advice.

Thanks!

AFTazz06
08-12-08, 8:07 pm
TB

Yo, I'm in Tuscaloosa. i graduate from UA this semester. where you guys?

Buh-Buh
08-12-08, 11:22 pm
Yo, I'm in Tuscaloosa. i graduate from UA this semester. where you guys?

TortFeasor and I are both in B'Ham

BEASTOFRAGE
08-13-08, 10:56 pm
at the moment i'm at temple gym in tuscaloosa training with some guys there. if your interested in powerlifting, i would advise you to come...
TB

Firedrake
08-24-08, 11:02 am
I spent Friday morning at The Gym at Deerfoot in Trussville -- shoulders and triceps, mostly. Nice gym -- I'd have like a couple more Hammer Strength machines, but the free weights and smith machine and dumbbells fried me well enough.

Met one of the guys there -- Kevin G. -- who's talking about establishing a "hardcore" gym "with none of that pussy music" *grin*, and more serious iron. He's a good spotter, too.

Thanks for the tip, or I'd have wound up at the "Y".

Legs on Monday, and I'll try to get Back before I get on the plane Tuesday afternoon.

Buh-Buh
08-24-08, 1:25 pm
I spent Friday morning at The Gym at Deerfoot in Trussville -- shoulders and triceps, mostly. Nice gym -- I'd have like a couple more Hammer Strength machines, but the free weights and smith machine and dumbbells fried me well enough.

Met one of the guys there -- Kevin G. -- who's talking about establishing a "hardcore" gym "with none of that pussy music" *grin*, and more serious iron. He's a good spotter, too.

Thanks for the tip, or I'd have wound up at the "Y".

Legs on Monday, and I'll try to get Back before I get on the plane Tuesday afternoon.

No problem at all, glad to hear that it worked out for you.

BEASTOFRAGE
09-26-08, 5:35 am
SHOUT OUT!!

me and my bro got a good thing goin with training out of garage...it has the basics...you can view my log for pics but we are lookin for some serious lifters...and i do mean SERIOUS!! no fuckin part-timers or posers...real deal lifters lookin to get into powerlifting and get fuckin strong...if this is you...email me at curt@trainordie.com

here's the link to the pics:
http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/2008/09/26/videos-and-pics-of-soon-to-be-named-barbell-club/

TB

BEASTOFRAGE
09-26-08, 5:37 am
to make the point clearer...

http://trainordie.com/trainingblogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/100_00921.jpg
TB

widdlewade44
09-26-08, 6:49 am
Can't be any clearer then that BEAST! Good luck in finding a partner.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Appollonian
09-26-08, 7:10 am
I like your setup! I think in my next home I'm going to have a Power Rack and some dumbbells! Watching that video you guys are the definition of 'Animal'. True inspiration.

G-LOVE
09-30-08, 11:25 pm
Whats up guys,
I just joined the FORVM a couple of days ago. I saw you guys have a ABC in Alabama and wanted to know how to join up. I'm currently in Afghanistan but I come home to Mobile a few times a year for time off.

bigpappa160
10-21-08, 4:06 pm
SOUTH ALABAMA BARBELL

IRONTOBERFEST

NOVEMBER 8, 2008

Meet Director: Scotty Cox, 334-797-5360
Jesse Rodgers, 423-255-3672

Raw and Equipped Powerlifting
Raw and Equipped Bench Press
Raw and Equipped Deadlift

Weight Classes: 97, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 259, 275, 308, Super Heavy

Early Weigh In Time: Call Scotty Cox: 334-797-5360, Weigh In Day of Meet: 8:00-9:00 am Central Time. Tournament will Start at: 9:30 Central Time, Sharp!!!

Early Entry Fee: $60.00($70.00 week of meet) if you are not a member of the SPF, it will cost an additional $25.00 for your membership Fee.

Awards: 1st- 3rd Place on all Divisions and Weight Classes.
Best Lifter , Team Awards

Entry Forms go to www.southernpowerliftingfederation.com

BEASTOFRAGE
11-08-08, 10:10 pm
BAMA BARBELL IS UP AND RUNNING...
www.myspace.com/bamabarbell

TB

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 12:20 pm
wow i would love to lift with some of you country animals. .. ever get a ABC going?

jhicks3301
02-03-09, 2:04 pm
So I'm back in Huntsville, Alabama from Cali..

So lets get this ball rollin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leroy0053
02-05-09, 9:54 pm
been in huntsville alabama for about 5 months now...train at family fitness in madison....when and where is the next get together?????

AFTazz06
02-05-09, 11:54 pm
Anybody going to the NPC Clash at the Capstone Aug. 9th here in Tuscaloosa?

eric downey
02-06-09, 12:31 am
BAMA BARBELL IS UP AND RUNNING...
www.myspace.com/bamabarbell

TB

site looks great brother. we started raw training cycle. jesse and i are doing the raw meet in dallas april 18

IRBS
02-06-09, 8:13 am
been in huntsville alabama for about 5 months now...train at family fitness in madison....when and where is the next get together?????

We have a small Powerlifting Team that trains at Don's Gym on Bailey Cove Rd in Huntsville. jhicks trains out in Madison. BEASTOFRAGE is down in Tuscaloosa.

We havent had a gathering. We almost did, but it fell through.

jhicks3301
02-10-09, 3:44 pm

Nice.. I'm working at Bender's in Madison and I train there as well..

Anybody going to the NPC Clash at the Capstone Aug. 9th here in Tuscaloosa?

I'll be there

We have a small Powerlifting Team that trains at Don's Gym on Bailey Cove Rd in Huntsville. jhicks trains out in Madison. BEASTOFRAGE is down in Tuscaloosa.

We havent had a gathering. We almost did, but it fell through.

Since it's starting to warm up and get to be nice weather maybe we should shoot for a date and have an official date!

AFTazz06
02-10-09, 4:11 pm

I'll be there

Since it's starting to warm up and get to be nice weather maybe we should shoot for a date and have an official date!

World Gym in Tuscaloosa would be awesome! It's a new gym they just made a little less than a year ago i think. Hardly ever packed, usually after 5 is when it might get packed with people coming from work and stuff.

IRBS
02-10-09, 4:22 pm

I'll be there

World Gym in Tuscaloosa would be awesome! It's a new gym they just made a little less than a year ago i think. Hardly ever packed, usually after 5 is when it might get packed with people coming from work and stuff.

I could do something in the Huntsville area soon, but with 2 meets coming up in the next 3 Months, I wont be traveling out of town unless it is to Squat out of a Monolift with my team...

I nominate jhicks to head this thing up...BEASTOFRAGE was coordinating it before, but he doesnt have web access as much as he used to.

jhicks3301
02-11-09, 1:26 pm
I could do something in the Huntsville area soon, but with 2 meets coming up in the next 3 Months, I wont be traveling out of town unless it is to Squat out of a Monolift with my team...

I nominate jhicks to head this thing up...BEASTOFRAGE was coordinating it before, but he doesnt have web access as much as he used to.

sweet man. I'll tell you what, we'll work around your meets... we don't want to set you off your routine brother so let us know what time would work for you in the up and coming months.. I wouldn't mind doing one in Huntsville or even down in T-Town.. Doesn't matter to me...

What I'll do is hit up U-rep and since this will be our first meet maybe we can get the banners, tshirts, and all that good shit going.

IRBS
02-11-09, 1:28 pm
sweet man. I'll tell you what, we'll work around your meets... we don't want to set you off your routine brother so let us know what time would work for you in the up and coming months.. I wouldn't mind doing one in Huntsville or even down in T-Town.. Doesn't matter to me...

What I'll do is hit up U-rep and since this will be our first meet maybe we can get the banners, tshirts, and all that good shit going.

Cool. I've got a meet on March 7 and probably May 24ish

Any time that is not within 3-4 weeks before those I can support. I can do whatever after the end of May. DOnt know if ya'll want to wait that long.

AFTazz06
02-11-09, 1:37 pm
Cool. I've got a meet on March 7 and probably May 24ish

Any time that is not within 3-4 weeks before those I can support. I can do whatever after the end of May. DOnt know if ya'll want to wait that long.

i got no problem with that, i've never been to a meeting so this would be my first. And also i'm job hunting so its not like ill be sitting on my hands waiting for the meet lol.

all-pain-here
02-13-09, 10:42 pm
Hey fellas, just getting started here in Dothan. Anybody local?

jhicks3301
02-14-09, 3:41 pm
What's good fellas... Well I'm the new facility manager at the benders gym in Hartselle... I still live in Huntsville though. It's a pretty sick gym..

I'm good with waiting till the end of May.. Gives me enough time to catch up to you guys!

EBO13
02-14-09, 4:06 pm
any animals train in Auburn? i train at the new Gold's Gym off E University...very nice new gym...everything you could possibly need..

Leroy0053
02-16-09, 10:48 pm
i am gonna subscribe to this thread....lets do this.....i am down...like i said before i live in huntsville, well madison really but will drive anywhere in the state.....LETS DO THIS

jhicks3301
02-16-09, 11:59 pm
i am gonna subscribe to this thread....lets do this.....i am down...like i said before i live in huntsville, well madison really but will drive anywhere in the state.....LETS DO THIS

Live in Huntsville and train in Madison and Hartselle..

Time to do it big son

Leroy0053
02-17-09, 6:26 am
sounds good....lets get some folks in on this....hell yall call me anytime....my celly is 979-204-0615.....lol my name is Leroy....call me and lets get a date set....

cajunhog
05-07-09, 11:44 pm
Is anyone from dothan?

C.Coronato
05-28-09, 4:41 pm
Whats going on fellas, any ABC thoughts in the future?

Firedrake
05-28-09, 4:50 pm
So, Bama Barbellers -- anyone up for meeting with a bro coming out from California sometime between the 10th and the 16th? I'm coming to Birmingham for my cousins' 50th wedding anniversary, and I'll be spending much of the time with family, but I'll have to hit the iron SOMEtime!

Drop me a PM or send me an e-mail at "firedrake (at) earthlink (dot) net".

C.Coronato
09-03-09, 4:17 pm
Whats up fellas, IRBS ? Anyone still lurking in BAMA?

tnasty
09-22-09, 1:50 am
hey guys im new to the forum and live in hsv and would like to train if anyone wants to get together one day pm me and we will set it up. im not much of a beast but love to train.
6'0 198 as of today.

IRBS
09-22-09, 7:48 am
hey guys im new to the forum and live in hsv and would like to train if anyone wants to get together one day pm me and we will set it up. im not much of a beast but love to train.
6'0 198 as of today.

We have a Powerlifting Team that trains at Don's Gym on Bailey Cove RD. http://huntsvillemethod.wordpress.com

tnasty
09-23-09, 12:49 am
not much of a powerlifter, you guys would laugh me right out of there. im down though
can i swing by one day to check it out.

The Shogun
12-16-09, 4:29 pm
Just got back into the gym..knocking off the rust...trying to hold back the animal..tired of warming up. I am a 500lb bencher, been gone 5 years. taking it slow

C.Coronato
12-16-09, 5:33 pm
Just got back into the gym..knocking off the rust...trying to hold back the animal..tired of warming up. I am a 500lb bencher, been gone 5 years. taking it slow

Good to have some like yourself back brother. Have fun down there.

Firedrake
12-16-09, 5:37 pm

Welcome back! Always glad to see others from my home town, even if I -do- live in California.

pdh63
01-28-10, 12:00 am
is there anybody in mobile?

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 2:16 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

bigpappa160
03-24-10, 3:56 pm
You're not the only one that is lifting here in Alabama. I lift here at Ft Rucker, Al and out of my friends garage in Black, Alabama. This coming May I will be training Squats and Deadlifts with a good friend that has his on place to lift. He lives down in DeFuniak Springs, Fl, his name is Bobby Myers. So between lifting in Black, Al, DEfuniak Springs, Fl and Ft Rucker, Al training should be awsome. I used to train at Body By Scotty, Hartford, Al- Home of South Alabama Barbell which dismantled because of lack of participation of team members and one of the co founders of the team selling the gym. Now I am part of the Rock Solid Barbell out of Defuniak Springs, Fl. Also I will be directing a APA all Teenage meet at the end of May If anyone needs more info on this meet email me at mkssixpax@aol.com and I'll send you flyers and entry forms.

1Ajax
05-03-10, 12:24 am
Hell yea, I need to train with you guys sometime, want to set a place?
I live in Birmingham, Alabama

jhicks3301
06-30-10, 11:04 am
I think we need to get this up guys.

Huntsville checking in

BaZooka
06-30-10, 5:32 pm
Sup fellas, I just moved into Bama from Indiana and am living in Hoover now. I am an amateur bodybuilder and will be competing next year. Looking into joining your chapter and would like some more info.

Thanks guys,
Zooka

C.Coronato
07-01-10, 9:23 am
Welcome my man! Your in a good spot for sure.

jhicks3301
07-02-10, 8:37 am
Sup fellas, I just moved into Bama from Indiana and am living in Hoover now. I am an amateur bodybuilder and will be competing next year. Looking into joining your chapter and would like some more info.

Thanks guys,
Zooka

Good deal man. I'm a amature bodybuilder as well. What show are you doing next year? I've got one coming up in April.

I'm about two hours from Hoover. May need to get this started up again and do some damage

jhicks3301
07-02-10, 8:39 am
Seen BESTOFRAGE hasn't been on here since May.. hope all is well with him.

C.Coronato
07-02-10, 9:15 am
You guys are more than welcome to generate some training time and get an ABC going. 2 guys is a solid start for an ABC. Its all growth from there. Let me know if you need any help.

IRBS
07-02-10, 1:06 pm
Seen BESTOFRAGE hasn't been on here since May.. hope all is well with him.

Curt is getting ready for a meet on the 17th down in Arab, AL as am I. (SPF Southeast Regionals I think is the name)

Theres never been much of a push to get anything going. We train at a few different places, some public, some private. Most of the guys I train with are Powerlifters (competitive). You BBers should be able to get something going though at one of the commercial gyms. They all suck though, haha.

Firedrake
07-02-10, 2:09 pm
Curt is getting ready for a meet on the 17th down in Arab, AL as am I. (SPF Southeast Regionals I think is the name)

Theres never been much of a push to get anything going. We train at a few different places, some public, some private. Most of the guys I train with are Powerlifters (competitive). You BBers should be able to get something going though at one of the commercial gyms. They all suck though, haha.

Icon Performance, over in Cahaba Heights, near the Summits, though small, is a pretty complete gym, and the owner, Jeff Green, is both powerlifter and bb'er friendly. I trained there when i was in Birmingham in May, visiting family. I'd love to move back there -- great atmosphere, every kind of specialty bar you can imagine, a real Monolift, and all manner of bands, chains, cable handles, etc.

IRBS
07-03-10, 1:29 pm
Icon Performance, over in Cahaba Heights, near the Summits, though small, is a pretty complete gym, and the owner, Jeff Green, is both powerlifter and bb'er friendly. I trained there when i was in Birmingham in May, visiting family. I'd love to move back there -- great atmosphere, every kind of specialty bar you can imagine, a real Monolift, and all manner of bands, chains, cable handles, etc.

Yeah I know Jeff, he's got a great place

C.Coronato
02-16-11, 11:58 am
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Vinny G
07-06-11, 5:12 pm
I will be guest posing in TUSCALOOSA the weekend of August 6th.

Any ANIMALS up for an ABC on Sunday?

I'LL BE TRAINING AT Fitness South.

Vinny G
07-06-11, 5:19 pm

Reading this thread i see it goes back to 2008.

Just so there is no confusion....August 2011

Vinny G
07-07-11, 10:26 am
nobody from Alabama ?

Appollonian
07-07-11, 11:09 am
I would do almost anything to make it, but my nephew's b-day party is that day, so can't go...

Firedrake
07-07-11, 11:34 am

Hmmm . . . let me see . . . my family lives in Birmingham, and I also have cousins in Tuscaloosa . . . besides, I'd love to see your guest posing routine, and I'd really like to train with you again. It's been a couple of years.

TruePower
08-05-11, 9:43 pm
What's Up gentlemen and ladies, names Kelton, I'm from Wetumpka/Montgomery Area in AL. Looking to Join up in the AL ABC. I noticed aint none of you Beasts got up in awhile and a ABC meet is a MUST. My intentions, Gain Weight, Gain Power, Crush Gyms, Be a Boss. No Bullshit, No Crying, Just Real Shit. Anyways, BEAST can we set something up ASAP, I'm ready for it whenever, and I can probably get a couple of my lifting pals to join up, I train in various places, currently I'm setting up a Gym in my Shop. I sometimes train in my neighbors gym, he's a oldschool BB, and a local gym in town as well. Anyways, that's my RAP and I'm ready to setup, hoping to hear from you guys soon.

~Kelton

BaZooka
12-20-11, 11:10 pm
What's up fellas, my name is Isaac and I am a fellow Animal based out of Birmingham, AL
I am a personal trainer and bodybuilding coach and work at SportPlex Total Fitness in Birmingham.
I've been using Universal's products and following the methods since I was in high school and I have gotten far in the sport. I have spoken to management at my gym and they have agreed to let me host an ABC event for anybody who wants to come. The daily membership rate is normally 15$ but I can get you all in for 10$ or less each.
Was thinking of a Saturday in January or February to give people plenty of time to fit it in.

I think it would be a good time to meet people and to share our combined knowledge.
Also, if anybody has any questions regarding training, diet or anything bodybuilding or powerlifting related, PM me on here or email me at:
izeidan.sportplex@gmail.com

Go Hard.

Appollonian
12-21-11, 1:00 pm
Hopefully some more 'Bama Animals will come out and speak up. I can't promise I can make it, but I'll 'maybe'.

BaZooka
01-16-12, 8:07 pm
I agree, it is way overdue. COME ON GUYS LETS GET THIS SHIT GOING! I am more than happy to accommodate anyone and everyone at my gym that is interested in doing this (my gym is huge, our dumbbells go up to 130 lb, we have an MMA and cross training room, and a shitload of other amenities).
I want to make it a regular occurrence, something we do every month, twice a month or whatever. Let's get some dialogue going on the first ABC event.

Go Hard.

Appollonian
03-08-12, 2:09 pm
Alabama (and nearby) Animals

I just wanted to announce that I want to start an ABC located out of the Montgomery, AL region. It's been awhile since there has been an ABC in Alabama, so I want to make it a regular occurence.

With proper timing, I'd be more than happy to coordinate events as far as Birmingham, Alabama, too.

Anyone who is interested at all, please post in here and let's get the dialogue going so we can get the party started!

Thanks everyone.

BaZooka
03-12-12, 1:32 am
Agreed. I live in Birmingham and am willing to join in. Just let me know when. However, it seems that those that were once active on this thread have disappeared.

Diverman246
05-30-12, 12:29 am
I would absolutely love to get an group together. I am in the Tuscaloosa area and travel back to Trussville about once a month.

Nomad
01-25-13, 1:19 pm
This thread looks pretty dead, but I want to check and see if there are Animals still in existence. I'm looking for a few training partners in Pell City.

Appollonian
01-25-13, 2:25 pm
This thread looks pretty dead, but I want to check and see if there are Animals still in existence. I'm looking for a few training partners in Pell City.

I tried while I was down there with a few attempts to no avail. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Atlanta has a fairly active chapter for the Mid-south area.

Nomad
01-25-13, 2:46 pm
Thanks man. I'm not real crazy about driving to Atlanta right now. I may in the future. Right now I just need to find some damn people close to do work with.

TruePower
02-04-13, 12:38 pm
Thanks man. I'm not real crazy about driving to Atlanta right now. I may in the future. Right now I just need to find some damn people close to do work with.

I'm located in Montgomery, if anyone wants to get up and train. Alabama scene needs to get it going.