PDA

View Full Version : Utah Animals

Pages : [1] 2

naturalguy
12-11-07, 3:05 pm
Looking at a potential Utah ABC. How many Utah Animals do we have in the house?

[taylor]
12-13-07, 5:39 pm

wow, i was thinking of trying to start one once i moved to SLC. doesnt look like there are many people from utah here though

bigdaddypete
12-13-07, 6:48 pm
I'm down with that. I'm stationed at Hill AFB just south of Ogden. I'm sure I can get a few of my boys up here to join.

MonTanaMusCle
12-13-07, 7:06 pm
I know my forum name says montana but I just moved back to cache valley about a month ago. lets get this shit goin.

bigdaddypete
12-13-07, 7:13 pm
I'll start pushing the idea out to my bros...

funkybass52
12-18-07, 11:28 am
i'm here in utah also. i live in eagle mountain, but i work in slat lake county all over so i just train at whichever gym is closest. i'll join for sure.

funkybass52
12-18-07, 11:30 am
I'm down with that. I'm stationed at Hill AFB just south of Ogden. I'm sure I can get a few of my boys up here to join.

i dont know how long youve been there, but i was the manager at gnc for about 3 years there. i quit in january of this year. i was the 6'8" guy. just wondering if i knew you.

bigdaddypete
01-03-08, 7:15 pm
You probably remember my boy Terrance...I worked out with him. I was in your store quite a bit.

Thumperz
01-06-08, 11:52 pm
I'm in Utah. Golds is about the only place to work out in Utah county. There is one 24 hour but it's only convient to go there if you live in provo.

funkybass52
01-08-08, 9:03 am
of course i remember terrance. i hired him. so hows things up that way now? wish i was still around to check out that new gym there.

BigDC
01-10-08, 7:17 pm
I'm here in Utah county. sounds like a damn good idea to me...

Macrobolic
01-10-08, 7:34 pm
Hey everybody, I'm in West Valley City. I'd be down if I can make it.

Macrobolic
01-30-08, 10:11 pm
Any updates to if this could happen?

N. Motta
02-19-08, 11:51 pm
Park City Utah. would really like to train with some proper guys, all the granola crunchers up here with there functional training and balance disks haha.

Brew
02-22-08, 12:35 pm
I live just east of ogden in a place called morgan. Me and my training partner would love to train with people who dont check their hair before sets...

N. Motta
02-25-08, 10:12 pm
already posted, but....

i've been peeping the pics of these others chapters and guys having gnar sessions. i want in on that shit! come on utah bro's, lets get our shit together and have some real intense work-outs!

im willing to meet any of you boys stationed at H.A.F.B. in between, maybe Fat Albert's Gym in Layton- god i miss that place!

get at me!

Brew
02-27-08, 12:24 am
Come on utah animals, IF anyone knows of a basement gym or just some place where you can get shit done without being bothered lets hit it up, from the sounds of it somewhere around salt lake or a little north would be close for almost everyone so lets here it if you wanna get a session in and help each other push some limitations.

Brew

tanner_Iron&Fitness
07-09-08, 11:19 am
I'm with you guys on this one, lets get a training session going. I'm from Logan, but i'll go where ever.

MonTanaMusCle
07-09-08, 2:40 pm
I'm with you guys on this one, lets get a training session going. I'm from Logan, but i'll go where ever.

Tanner Glad to see you joined the brotherhood !!!!!! From what I see Hill would be the middle point to train ??? Come on Utah animals whats the plan ?

newbreed
07-14-08, 9:56 am
Dude a gathering between the 23rd and 28th would be awesome. I'm missing the one in Jersey but it would be AWESOME to go to one in Utah! PLEASE!

Blckdragun
07-14-08, 10:13 am
Dude a gathering between the 23rd and 28th would be awesome. I'm missing the one in Jersey but it would be AWESOME to go to one in Utah! PLEASE!

I agree that week would be good for me seeing how I'll be there in Utah with newbreed. Definately let us know if something is going down

newbreed
07-14-08, 11:30 am
Let's make it ANIMAL counrty for a day in Utah come on guys someone has to step up with this. Me and blckdragun will add a lil east coast ANIMAL spark to it too. LET'S DO THIS!

MonTanaMusCle
07-14-08, 3:37 pm
Thats what I'm talking about !!!!!! Lets just say saturday July 26th 11 a.m how does that sound to all you utah Animals ??? I train in Northern Utah ( Logan to be exact ) if thats a good spot for the rest let me know and that will be the place. I have to work so if we trained further south it would have to be earlier. I will contact corporate within the next couple of days if I dont here anything different and let them know we have a date time and place. Keep me posted brothers we need to really represent UT

newbreed
07-14-08, 9:04 pm
I'll let ya know tomorrow bro!

Naturally Huge
07-14-08, 9:13 pm
I'm in Provo and train at the various Gold's Gyms in Utah County. I train legs blood and guts style on Saturday mornings at the Orem Gold's if anyone feels up to the task--about lost my breakfast last workout doing drop sets on hack squats.

newbreed
07-14-08, 9:24 pm
we'll be in Leamington the 26th so anything close would be great.

MonTanaMusCle
07-15-08, 1:55 am
I'm in Provo and train at the various Gold's Gyms in Utah County. I train legs blood and guts style on Saturday mornings at the Orem Gold's if anyone feels up to the task--about lost my breakfast last workout doing drop sets on hack squats.

Orem is a good mid point and thats pretty close to leamington. Orems Gold it is unless anybody has any other suggestions

we'll be in Leamington the 26th so anything close would be great.

Leamington ?????? If you show up you will double their population LOL !!!!

newbreed
07-15-08, 12:56 pm
That's what everyone tells me.lol.

newbreed
07-15-08, 9:45 pm
How many could we get here?

newbreed
07-18-08, 9:21 am
Anybody Out There?

bigdaddypete
08-09-08, 12:19 pm
I can make anything after September. Hopefully I'll be back from this shit hole by then...

IronS.O.B.
09-04-08, 4:10 pm
hey guys i go to Westminster College and I want to get involved in ABC. where you boys lift?

theSjman
10-20-08, 12:06 pm
Alright Utah Animals,

I've read how we tried to get a ABC Session going and I dunno if we failed or not, regardless I think we should get one set up for Nov or Dec. I'm up here in No O-town, but if you fellas are serious about getting this shit going me and Brew will go anywhere we need to. You guys let me know which gym is best for us to meet in the middle. I was thinkin maybe Layton's Golds. But I am sick of hearing about all these sick sessions fellas are havin elsewhere, without us havin a session to tell about so lets get rollin on it.

-S

N. Motta
10-28-08, 7:49 pm
Gotta support S on his holler for a Utah Animal sesh. I can only speak for myself, but as long as I have at least a weeks notice I am down, no matter what. Ogden to Salt Lake is no problem, hell I might even be willing to go down the the righteous "happy valley" if need be. he he. It's not very big, but of all the gym's I have trained at in Utah, Fat Albert's in Layton is a real place to, come and get it. I think it would be a great environment for Animals.

Come on Utah, lets stand up and be heard.

N. Motta
11-03-08, 11:23 pm
bump. i know there are some strictly raised mormons out there with pent up aggression just waiting to crush some iron, LOL. step up.

tanner_Iron&Fitness
11-05-08, 1:00 am
Heck yeah unleash the mormon raised rage! i'm actually leaving for detroit to serve a mission in dec haha

N. Motta
11-05-08, 12:44 pm
better come lift with us then, before your banned from doing anything remotely cool.

tanner_Iron&Fitness
11-11-08, 11:03 pm
Yo, thanks Nick for getting us into fat alberts to train. see you guys saturday

N. Motta
11-12-08, 1:28 am
not a problem mang! lets keep the date in mind and check back here on the forum early saturday morning to make sure everything is still locked down and maybe exchange phone numbers i.e. meet/directions.

N. Motta
11-14-08, 12:13 pm
get your meals in fellas. were doin work tomorrow!

fat alberts gym
52 n main street
layton utah
12 noon sharp

directions? call me
801 708 3021

be punctual because the door are always locked and you need me to get us in.

nick

theSjman
11-16-08, 1:26 am
hey just wanted to make a public thanks to big nick and woody for hittin a sick session at Fat Albert' s today. it was our first successful Utah ABC. unfortunately i didn't have a camera so no pics this time. again thanks to nick to gettin us into a sweet gym for nothin. if there are any other utah animals out there who read this, hit me with a PM. i'm gonna get one set up for january sometime.

theSjman
11-17-08, 8:30 am
Hey brothers,

Just wanted to say Saturday's ABC Session was a success. I believe it was the first time us Utah Animals finally got an official session. A big thanks to Nick for gettin us into Fat Albert's for free. He nailed a sick chest/bi session! He's an awesome guy fellas, definitely one you wanna cross paths with. Trains right, eats right, has a great attitude and awesome potential. So thanks Big Nick. Lookin forward to our next meeting. As for Woody and myself, we had a killer arm session and can still feel it this morning. To all the Utah Animals who missed out, we will try and hold another meeting in January, so keep some days clear. If ya have any questions shoot me a PM and I'll get ya filled in.

-S

N. Motta
11-17-08, 8:25 pm
+1 to a great session. I'm not discouraged in the slightest that we did not have as big as numbers show up as the east coast boys. The three of us were getting some serious work done. Realizing that the Utah Animals are small in numbers in comparison to other chapters, any other Utahn's lurking on here really should consider coming out. The friendliness and hard working ethics of Shaun and Woody left me with a big smile on my face and a great sense of accomplishment!

Woody, plain and simple is a nose to the grindstone, extremely hard working fool! You watch him push himself the edge and the guy just digs deeper and deeper. Then there's Shaun, a fuckin beast of a dude who pushes you past your limits. Besides, one look at the guns on this dude and you for sure have something to shoot for. HaHa Very great first session with the Utah ABC chapter.

tanner_Iron&Fitness
11-19-08, 3:33 pm
oh man it sounds like you guys had an awesome time training together! sorry i wasn't able to make it, my car broke down when i was coming home from draper friday night. It sounds like all went well though. Good luck to you guys, hope you can get another session together and post some pics up!

N. Motta
01-12-09, 6:58 pm
bumpin this thread in hopes that there are some more Animal bro's somewhere in righteous ol' utah. i know the guys who were at the first ABC session will be down for another soon, but i am hoping to recruit some more people.

naturalguy, and suggestions on how to build the ABC here in utah? i have made acquaintance's with some pretty serious guys in the gym i work at during the evening's, i wasn't sure if i should tell them about it without them first knowing about Animal.

step up utah.

Sage
03-09-09, 10:09 pm
one more from utah. Roy, O town, layton whereever. Leg day anyone is always welcome to get dirty.

Elem Entree
04-01-09, 7:19 pm

I'm living it in Utah County. I'm already talking with some of my Brothers about getting it started here. So whats next?

N. Motta
04-02-09, 1:34 am
What's next is for us to keep checkin here in the FORVM so we can pin down a day to have a session. Most everybody that has posted in here with big talk has flaked out or pulled a no show. I am more than down to have a session, anywhere, anytime. If some hardcore training appeals to you guys, then I would hope you would have the same time of enthusiasm. Let's start hearing some ideas on when and where to have a session fella's. I am on the boards here every day, so I would love to do anything I can to help this go down.

MonTanaMusCle
04-02-09, 12:16 pm
What's next is for us to keep checkin here in the FORVM so we can pin down a day to have a session. Most everybody that has posted in here with big talk has flaked out or pulled a no show. I am more than down to have a session, anywhere, anytime. If some hardcore training appeals to you guys, then I would hope you would have the same time of enthusiasm. Let's start hearing some ideas on when and where to have a session fella's. I am on the boards here every day, so I would love to do anything I can to help this go down.

Where do you live ????

N. Motta
04-02-09, 1:13 pm
layton. like i said, i will go anywhere for a session.

Elem Entree
04-02-09, 11:10 pm

How about Utah County? My schedule is a beast but i'll have days free the 16th thru 18th. Thats the soonest. I'll do what I can to make another. Camp Williams has a real bare bones gym but it should have all we need for a sick session and I can probably get a few heads without a problem.

Elem Entree
04-02-09, 11:17 pm
How about Utah County? My schedule is a beast but i'll have days free the 16th thru 18th. Thats the soonest. I'll do what I can to make another. Camp Williams has a real bare bones gym but it should have all we need for a sick session and I can probably get a few heads without a problem.

I'm not sure how it works but I have a pretty sick workout in mind that is great for when you have a group together. May even make some of us puke!

theSjman
04-03-09, 10:16 am
Hey Big Nick is that you up there on the threads! how's it goin big fella. i've been talkin with Elem Entree and we're trying to get a session set up. I know you out of all will get this bitch finalized! Myself, Brewha, and his brother are down for a session. We too have a dicked up schedule but we'll try and get it all straightened out for a sick session. Let me know what you guys got in mind as of Location and Times/Dates and I'll get the Greath Northeners in line.

-S

N. Motta
04-03-09, 1:17 pm
Finally you jumped in here! Where the hell ya been?

Yea Elm has suggested going down to Utah county for a session on the 18th, a Saturday. It's a distance for me, but I have been wanting to get something together for so long I will drive down there. You guys better show up, we had a great workout last time.

MonTanaMusCle
04-03-09, 2:52 pm

This would be perfect for me my girlfriend is from there so I could stay at her parents house. If you guys have a gym let me know. Plus I can actually afford to drive down so lets do it. . .

Elem Entree
04-03-09, 6:11 pm
This would be perfect for me my girlfriend is from there so I could stay at her parents house. If you guys have a gym let me know. Plus I can actually afford to drive down so lets do it. . .

For the Gym I'm thinking of working out on Camp Williams. It's real bare bones but good enough for a good chest and back day. I was thinking of rolling a super set session chest and back. Everyone down with that?

N. Motta
04-04-09, 11:46 am
Well then let's lock down the location, down at Elm's house. Saturday the 18th. Now all we have to do is work out a time.

I'm looking forward to training in your gym Double E. With my new split, back falls on Saturday, so I will be looking to torture my lats and traps.

Hoping all/most of us have some Animal tee's to don, snap some pics to post on the FORVM. It would be nice to show that there are some legit Animals in Utah.

N. Motta
04-05-09, 3:41 pm
Utah Animals- We are finalizing the details of an Animal Barbell Club session scheduled for the 18th of April (Saturday).

The location is down in Utah Valley, at Camp Williams. Elem Entree has been kind enough to volunteer his home field for us to come battle the iron. Most of us have mentioned that an afternoon session would be ideal for respective schedules. More details will follow soon, especially the exact locating of the gym, driving directions and the exact time we will be meeting. Keep checking the thread.

Nick

Elem Entree
04-05-09, 7:10 pm
Well then let's lock down the location, down at Elm's house. Saturday the 18th. Now all we have to do is work out a time.

I'm looking forward to training in your gym Double E. With my new split, back falls on Saturday, so I will be looking to torture my lats and traps.

Hoping all/most of us have some Animal tee's to don, snap some pics to post on the FORVM. It would be nice to show that there are some legit Animals in Utah.

Right on! I don't have an Animal tee but I'm sure I could find a black magic marker and a blank tee somewhere! HAHA I'm looking forward to this. I need to try and make the time an early afternoon thing. I'm thinking of starting around 11-11:30am. I know thats a little earlier than we were wanting but it would work out best for me. What do you guys say? I'm also hoping for a back and chest super set day.

N. Motta
04-05-09, 7:28 pm
Right on EE. Let's give it a couple days, wait for the others to chime in on what time would work best for them. Keep in mind all of us are driving AT LEAST an hour one way to make it down to your place. I forgot to ask, how does everyone feel about the location?

Your Saturday split sounds sick. I will be blasting back that day too.

PS: EE, could you throw up the address or directions to the gym?

MonTanaMusCle
04-05-09, 9:10 pm
The location is good for me, but I will be driving from logan so the later the time the better for me but I can do what ever

N. Motta
04-05-09, 9:14 pm
I'm with you bro; on the later the better. I would prefer to get in at least two meals before I train. Just my .02 cents.

theSjman
04-06-09, 9:27 am
Hey Northern Utah Animals,

Since we're all travelin south, what would we say to a car pool haha. Meet up somewhere in L-town or Ogden and hop in with everyone and head down to EEs. I know that if your plannin on attending you need to PM EE with your name so he can put you on his guest list at the guard post. We're goin to a place that houses true men so be prepared to bust ass. If your interested in hopping a car pool let me know. Saturday, the 18th, and EE wants a kick off at 1130ish. Any questions you can hit myself, or big Nick (iwontquit) and EE up since this is their baby. Lookin forward to makin the iron sing with everyone!

-S

Elem Entree
04-15-09, 6:22 pm
Hey Northern Utah Animals,

Since we're all travelin south, what would we say to a car pool haha. Meet up somewhere in L-town or Ogden and hop in with everyone and head down to EEs. I know that if your plannin on attending you need to PM EE with your name so he can put you on his guest list at the guard post. We're goin to a place that houses true men so be prepared to bust ass. If your interested in hopping a car pool let me know. Saturday, the 18th, and EE wants a kick off at 1130ish. Any questions you can hit myself, or big Nick (iwontquit) and EE up since this is their baby. Lookin forward to makin the iron sing with everyone!

-S

Brothers,

Alright, all that will be needed is an ID card for each driver coming onto camp. You may be subject to a random check of all ID so bring one with you just in case. I wish we could have made the show time a little later in the day but we can't. I am looking forward to getting together with some real Animals. I'm just getting back into the game after an injury so, like always, I look for the most motivated pushers of steel to hit it with. I percieve this as a Brotherhood so I expect that kind of love to be shown for one another on Saturday. I expect us all to give our best and push our limits with out injuries. Again, I am truly looking forward to meeting with you all and I am greatful to you for making the trip all the way down here. I recomend the carpool since it should make it easier for everyone to get onto Camp and it will save everyone a little coin. PM me and I will get you my cell number so we can have commo once you are on your way.

theSjman
04-19-09, 12:14 am
Just wanted to give a huge thanks to EE for gettin us on base to hit a sick bis/delts session! it was an amazing feeling driving on base. everyone you passed was in colors and you had a strong sense of pride and gratitude. these men sacrifice so much so you and me can hit a lift, go to work/school. it definitely was all the fuel you needed. EE is 230 lbs of fury. this dude is nothin but guts and nuts! he trained his ass off! you shoulda seen the sweat he worked up...it was incredible. Big E Smitty showed his sick physique had power behind it! this kid pushes everyone past their limits, and you should see the beef on this fella. Brewha, my TOC, was nothing short of amazing. So close to that 200 lb mark, he went round for round with us. And the drop set he knocked out on preachers was probably the feat of the day...his bi's looked like they were on the verge of exploding. he couldn't hold up his cell phone to his ear they were so swoll! just like last time though, i pulled the boner of the day and forgot a camera so you guys could see how we throw down in UT. to all the fellow UT animals who couldn't make it...another ABC meeting will soon be in the works and we expect ya there! again, thanks to EE, ESmitty, and Brewha....it was a hell of a session.

-S

Elem Entree
04-19-09, 4:24 am
Just wanted to give a huge thanks to EE for gettin us on base to hit a sick bis/delts session! it was an amazing feeling driving on base. everyone you passed was in colors and you had a strong sense of pride and gratitude. these men sacrifice so much so you and me can hit a lift, go to work/school. it definitely was all the fuel you needed. EE is 230 lbs of fury. this dude is nothin but guts and nuts! he trained his ass off! you shoulda seen the sweat he worked up...it was incredible. Big E Smitty showed his sick physique had power behind it! this kid pushes everyone past their limits, and you should see the beef on this fella. Brewha, my TOC, was nothing short of amazing. So close to that 200 lb mark, he went round for round with us. And the drop set he knocked out on preachers was probably the feat of the day...his bi's looked like they were on the verge of exploding. he couldn't hold up his cell phone to his ear they were so swoll! just like last time though, i pulled the boner of the day and forgot a camera so you guys could see how we throw down in UT. to all the fellow UT animals who couldn't make it...another ABC meeting will soon be in the works and we expect ya there! again, thanks to EE, ESmitty, and Brewha....it was a hell of a session.

-S

Brothers, I want to thank you all for coming out. Like the big S said "it was a hell of a session"! These guys can throw down and they had me hungry for the steel the whole time. You get one look at these guys and you know they are all business. Just a great bunch of motivated guys. I can't thank you all enough for making it out. I'm looking forward to the next session and seeing how far we can go. Just an FYI I started a tribe for us it's the Animal Utah Chapter of the ABC! You can see it on my profile under my tribes. Hook it up Brothers! And to the Sjmann, ESmitty, and Brewha you are sick Brothers! Just a sick bunch of Animals! Ha Ha! Thanks again for coming out!

C.Coronato
05-26-09, 3:42 pm
Glad to see your ABC was a success. Any pics?

newbreed
06-21-09, 12:13 pm
Any chance of another ABC like in July? I plan to be there July 24 to 31st so if you guys can get something together it would be great. Wanna experience a gathering outside the East Coast.

theSjman
06-22-09, 8:15 am
Newbreed,

I'll start shootin the word around for a end of July ABC. I'd love to get a little east coast nitty gritty style out here for us westerners. I'll throw up posts on here to keep the word out.

-S

theSjman
06-22-09, 8:17 am
treetrunklegs,

Yeah us Utah Animals are a little behind the pack when it comes to ABCs. So it was good to see a little appreciation for our small turn out, bi-annual meeting haha. Wish it were more, but life happens. Anyways no pics from our session, as yours truly was a dumb ass and left his phone sittin on his dresser. Hopefully we can get a summer gathering and you can bet we'll have pics....show you guys how the UT holds down.

-S

N. Motta
06-22-09, 11:15 am
Hey Shaun, Flat Albert's is calling you.

We have a pretty sick little crew that wrecks it every afternoon. The best part is at 245, I'm the smallest and weakest one of the five of us. You need to meet Sia, my "Uce." Islander who is 'down to 290' in weight. This guy is the definition of bringin' the ruckus. Haha. Throw some Animal's into the mix, could be a powder keg.

newbreed
06-22-09, 12:47 pm
Newbreed,

I'll start shootin the word around for a end of July ABC. I'd love to get a little east coast nitty gritty style out here for us westerners. I'll throw up posts on here to keep the word out.

-S

SWEET! Get on that and me and Blckdragun will being a lil East Coast style down to you.

C.Coronato
06-22-09, 3:47 pm
treetrunklegs,

Yeah us Utah Animals are a little behind the pack when it comes to ABCs. So it was good to see a little appreciation for our small turn out, bi-annual meeting haha. Wish it were more, but life happens. Anyways no pics from our session, as yours truly was a dumb ass and left his phone sittin on his dresser. Hopefully we can get a summer gathering and you can bet we'll have pics....show you guys how the UT holds down.

-S

I look forward to it my man. Until then .. keep bangin ..

theSjman
06-23-09, 8:05 am
Hey Shaun, Flat Albert's is calling you.

We have a pretty sick little crew that wrecks it every afternoon. The best part is at 245, I'm the smallest and weakest one of the five of us. You need to meet Sia, my "Uce." Islander who is 'down to 290' in weight. This guy is the definition of bringin' the ruckus. Haha. Throw some Animal's into the mix, could be a powder keg.

Shit son where've you been??? I thought you'd fallen off the map after the last ABC. You know I'm always down to sling some iron with Big Nick at his stomping grounds! Down to 290!?!?! Hell sounds like a cat that will light a fire under my ass! Let me know when your thinkin' and I'll start spreadin the word. I'm usually biting the steel at 1500 so that sounds like we can make it work easier than normal. Till then brother...fire away!

-S

theSjman
06-23-09, 8:07 am
SWEET! Get on that and me and Blckdragun will being a lil East Coast style down to you.

Hell yeah brother! I think a little crash course in East Coast Attitude is just what we fellas need out here! Looking forward to it NewBreed

newbreed
06-23-09, 10:40 am
Hell yeah brother! I think a little crash course in East Coast Attitude is just what we fellas need out here! Looking forward to it NewBreed

Stoked bro.

newbreed
06-23-09, 11:36 am
Blckdragun will be coming down with me as well so we already got 2.

N. Motta
06-23-09, 2:23 pm
Shaun, didn't you get the PM I sent you shortly after your Utah County ABC?

Yea man, Fat Al's has been bumpin lately. There is a crew of 5 legit workers I train with every day. Honestly, with the camaraderie and the intensity we all bring, it's like a small ABC session every day.

You would love it. I would love to get you down here and train with the two twins from South Africa, they both compete in the heavyweight BB competitions and could bang with Big Shaun!!

theSjman
06-24-09, 9:04 am
Blckdragun will be coming down with me as well so we already got 2.

Haha shit man with you 2 we'll get a record turn out for our little UT ABC's. That'll be good for us...what brings you fellas all the way out here anyways

theSjman
06-24-09, 9:20 am
Shaun, didn't you get the PM I sent you shortly after your Utah County ABC?

Yea man, Fat Al's has been bumpin lately. There is a crew of 5 legit workers I train with every day. Honestly, with the camaraderie and the intensity we all bring, it's like a small ABC session every day.

You would love it. I would love to get you down here and train with the two twins from South Africa, they both compete in the heavyweight BB competitions and could bang with Big Shaun!!

Well brother name me a day and a time and I'll clear my schedule so we can get things rockin'. I'm always down to throw around somewhere work gets handled the right way every time. sounds like your running with some legit company down there....a 290 lb island monster...2 international heavyweights...i gotta get my hat in the ring haha!

newbreed
06-24-09, 9:45 am
Haha shit man with you 2 we'll get a record turn out for our little UT ABC's. That'll be good for us...what brings you fellas all the way out here anyways

Blckdragun has family in Utah so we are visiting for the week.

N. Motta
06-24-09, 12:07 pm
Let's work with Newbreed's schedule. Guys from the East coast are coming to Utah, we gotta welcome them and finally put our chapter on the map.

newbreed
06-24-09, 12:30 pm
Let's work with Newbreed's schedule. Guys from the East coast are coming to Utah, we gotta welcome them and finally put our chapter on the map.

Thank you. I'll post up more information as soon as I find out more details from blckdragun.

newbreed
06-24-09, 2:09 pm
Ok the best day for me and Blckdragun would have to be Thursday July 23rd preferably evening. Would that be cool with everyone?

N. Motta
06-24-09, 2:18 pm
Damn, I will be working, night shift.

newbreed
06-24-09, 2:24 pm
Damn, I will be working, night shift.

What weekdays you free?

N. Motta
06-24-09, 3:34 pm
All weekdays, but I punch in at 5.

theSjman
06-24-09, 6:20 pm

Hell Big Nick,

I'm more than willing to work with our incoming E.C. Animals....I'm doin school full time and I punch in at 0400 till 1000, but again its manageable. Let me know fellas.

-S

N. Motta
06-24-09, 7:08 pm
Well the boy's and I at Fat's usually start at about 2:30-2:45. If it could work with Newbreed's schedule, I know we would have some serious energy and some serious training going on. A solid 8-10 lifters would be easy at this time of day.

newbreed
06-24-09, 8:39 pm
Well the boy's and I at Fat's usually start at about 2:30-2:45. If it could work with Newbreed's schedule, I know we would have some serious energy and some serious training going on. A solid 8-10 lifters would be easy at this time of day.

That would work. We land thursday late morning I think but that would work for us.

N. Motta
06-25-09, 1:22 am
Sounding good so far. The city where the gym is located (Layton) is about 30-35 minutes north of the SLC airport.

theSjman
06-25-09, 8:14 am

For sure man...I think I could even get Brew and Woody to join in around that time. Definitely would have crazy energy...and in the sweltering July heat...it would get real intense real quick.

-S

newbreed
06-25-09, 8:29 am
Sounding good so far. The city where the gym is located (Layton) is about 30-35 minutes north of the SLC airport.

So far So good

newbreed
06-25-09, 11:52 am
Let's get a list going here.

Newbreed
Blckdragun

theSjman
06-26-09, 8:46 am
Let's get a list going here.

Newbreed
Blckdragun

Count me in....theSjman
And I'll talk to Brew and Woody...(so potentially another 2)

-S

N. Motta
06-26-09, 11:41 am
Mentioned the potential session to crew at Fat Alberts. They're down.

Myself
Sia
Jan
Franz
Jeff
Ryan

newbreed
06-26-09, 4:51 pm
Cool. Copy the list I start and paste then add your name then post.

theSjman
06-28-09, 8:51 pm
Cool. Copy the list I start and paste then add your name then post.

Utah ABC Attendees for July 23 @ Fat Albert's as of 28-June:

Newbreed
Blackdragun
Nick (iwontquit)
Sia
Jan
Franz
Jeff
Ryan
Brew
Myself

N. Motta
06-28-09, 10:38 pm
^This is gonna be fun.

Sage
06-29-09, 9:39 am
what's this ... Why didn't anyone PM me.

I will be there... Where is Fat Alberts?

Newbreed
Blackdragun
Nick (iwontquit)
Sia
Jan
Franz
Jeff
Ryan
Brew
Sage

N. Motta
06-29-09, 12:07 pm
Fat Albert's is in Layton Utah.

Feel free to PM me for any info you need, i.e. directions, address etc.

N. Motta
06-29-09, 3:58 pm
I know this may sound somewhat materialistic, but I'm hoping everyone can rep a Universal/Animal tee at the ABC event. I will have 3-4 extra's if anyone cannot get ahold of one.

Could help give our area some recognition, which would further fuel my fire.

C.Coronato
06-29-09, 4:15 pm
I know this may sound somewhat materialistic, but I'm hoping everyone can rep a Universal/Animal tee at the ABC event. I will have 3-4 extra's if anyone cannot get ahold of one.

Could help give our area some recognition, which would further fuel my fire.

Thats a big part of it man. Everyone should be rocking an Animal T.

N. Motta
06-29-09, 4:24 pm
Good to know treetrunk. Thanks. I will have a hard time providing everyone there with shirts though. The regular crew I train with love the Animal philosophy, but probably won't justify buying a shirt just for a session.

I feel that this session may be a real legit one. Maybe we could get a banner sent out, collect some pics and sigs with it.

C.Coronato
06-29-09, 4:37 pm
I feel that this session may be a real legit one. Maybe we could get a banner sent out, collect some pics and sigs with it.

OF course thats what the ABCs are about my man. Shoot me your address and ill get you the ABC care package brother.

newbreed
06-29-09, 9:30 pm
Me and blckdragun will be repping our Animal shirts.

Sage
07-01-09, 9:36 am
Red, black, yellow or grey...

Animal Shirt

I vote yellow.

Sage
07-01-09, 9:37 am
I also have a chick that I train with that wants to go.

theSjman
07-01-09, 2:19 pm
I got myself and old school black Animal shirt i'll be sportin.

theSjman
07-01-09, 2:21 pm
Shit yeah brother bring her...the more the merrier!

theSjman
07-01-09, 2:23 pm
haha Big Nick your always keepin' on top of these things! gotta love it big fella!

-S

N. Motta
07-01-09, 2:34 pm
Yesterday I ran the idea by the gang I train with. A couple of them were not too enthused. Today I printed out some things I found in the FAQ area of the ABC section.

Hopefully, the flyer will give them a better idea of what it is all about, as I don't think my description came across very well.

After I assess who is onboard and who is not, I will post a little bit more solid list of attendee's.

N. Motta
07-01-09, 7:20 pm
Update guys

The owner of Fat Albert's expressed some concern regarding the ABC sesh. As Shaun could attest, Fat's is pretty small. It is a true hardcore lifter's haven, yet small and compact. I would venture to say ~1500 square feet. Her concern is that if our group is TOO large, we may step on the toes of her regular members, who have been loyal to the gym for 20+ years.

I don't mean to complicate things, but I have great respect for Mary and her gym. I will not show disrespect for her house or her regulars by bringing in a whole football team to do work. As the date nears, it would be very nice if all that have expressed interest could confirm their attendance. If we get over 15 people total, I am going to suggest an alternative location.

Thoughts/feelings?

theSjman
07-02-09, 5:51 pm
Update guys

The owner of Fat Albert's expressed some concern regarding the ABC sesh. As Shaun could attest, Fat's is pretty small. It is a true hardcore lifter's haven, yet small and compact. I would venture to say ~1500 square feet. Her concern is that if our group is TOO large, we may step on the toes of her regular members, who have been loyal to the gym for 20+ years.

I don't mean to complicate things, but I have great respect for Mary and her gym. I will not show disrespect for her house or her regulars by bringing in a whole football team to do work. As the date nears, it would be very nice if all that have expressed interest could confirm their attendance. If we get over 15 people total, I am going to suggest an alternative location.

Thoughts/feelings?

Yeah man I was wondering how we were gonna pack the lot of us into Fat's! But Nick is right...this place is a hardcore, no bullshit, sweat shop! It is an unreal place to train, and the place consists of "family". Mary is an unbelievable woman and she has an unbelievable gym! And I don't wanna be imposing on the regular members myself...So I am totally in favor of your idea Big Nick. If we can get a no bullshit assessment of who's gonna be there we can determine whether Fat's will hold us. If we do become a crowd, I've got a friend who's wife works a Gold's in O-Town at the Junction. I'm sure we'll be able to throw down there if need be. Let myself or Nick know of a confirmed attendance and he and I will work to accomodate. Much respect Big Nick...it's great that you treat Fat's the way it deserves!

-S

N. Motta
07-02-09, 6:19 pm
Your a straight gentlemen Shaun. Good style. Thanks for your understanding.

As for the idea of moving to the Ogden Gold's if need be, I may be able to help with that too, I work at the Layton Gold's, which is also owned by the same family that own's Ogden Gold's. And yes, I do get a free membership to Gold's and I still PAY to go to Fat Albert's hahaha!

newbreed
07-02-09, 9:46 pm

As for the idea of moving to the Ogden Gold's if need be, I may be able to help with that too, I work at the Layton Gold's, which is also owned by the same family that own's Ogden Gold's. And yes, I do get a free membership to Gold's and I still PAY to go to Fat Albert's hahaha!

HAHA! I say ask the owner of ffat's and see what the limit would be. How much could we possibly get 10-15?

N. Motta
07-03-09, 1:19 am
15 total.

Sage
07-03-09, 8:35 am
Well I will be there at either place.

newbreed
07-03-09, 12:37 pm
15 total.

And that'll probably be our most right?

N. Motta
07-03-09, 12:44 pm
It seems like it, so far.

So far, I believe we have 7 from here on the Forum:

Newbreed
Blackdragun
Shaun
Brew
Sage + Girl
Myself

I still don't have an answer on if my gang is going to give the ABC a try. I am not going to force them to, but they sure would make it fun. They could represent an additional 4 or 7.

Shaun, where is Woody?

newbreed
07-03-09, 1:01 pm
And as far as shirts go, most ABC's here everyone has a different one but I have to admit we once did one where Animal gave everyone a red shirt to match and it was awesome. I say where whatever has ANIMAL on it. If you wanna match let's go yellow. Any opinions?

N. Motta
07-03-09, 1:54 pm
I think as long as we can get everyone to commit and make it to the session, reppin an Animal shirt of any kind or color will be great.

newbreed
07-03-09, 1:56 pm
I think as long as we can get everyone to commit and make it to the session, reppin an Animal shirt of any kind or color will be great.

True that. We are looking forward to this. It'll be smaller than we are used to but it will still rock

N. Motta
07-03-09, 2:06 pm
Hell yea. It's cool that you guys are helping us get it going. The Animal name, let alone the ABC's are fairly unknown here in Utah.

newbreed
07-03-09, 2:12 pm
Hell yea. It's cool that you guys are helping us get it going. The Animal name, let alone the ABC's are fairly unknown here in Utah.

It will be cool for both sides. No offense but isn't everything unknown in Utah? I visited last year and noticed everyone wwas behind with certain things.

N. Motta
07-03-09, 2:28 pm
Haha depending on what city you go to, that could ring very true.

theSjman
07-04-09, 12:19 am
It will be cool for both sides. No offense but isn't everything unknown in Utah? I visited last year and noticed everyone wwas behind with certain things.

yeah i guess you could say we're a little behind out here....we just throw down a little different than you east coast boys haha

theSjman
07-04-09, 12:21 am
It seems like it, so far.

So far, I believe we have 7 from here on the Forum:

Newbreed
Blackdragun
Shaun
Brew
Sage + Girl
Myself

I still don't have an answer on if my gang is going to give the ABC a try. I am not going to force them to, but they sure would make it fun. They could represent an additional 4 or 7.

Shaun, where is Woody?

Oh bro Wood's been thumpin' away with life right now. He does something with real estate and property management and as you know that's taken a hit recently...so I actually haven't heard from him in a few months. I shot him a text about the upcoming event and am waiting for a reply...wood's gotta be there...he's an original cast member haha

theSjman
07-04-09, 12:23 am

Shit Big Nick I was down slingin' iron at your Layton's Gold's a couple weekends ago. Saw ol Burrows there...guy's legit! Next time I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for ya when I roll in there. And I don't blame ya for paying dues to Fat's. I loved that Gold's in L-Town and all, but Fat's is Fat's haha!

-S

newbreed
07-04-09, 10:06 am
Shit Big Nick I was down slingin' iron at your Layton's Gold's a couple weekends ago. Saw ol Burrows there...guy's legit! Next time I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for ya when I roll in there. And I don't blame ya for paying dues to Fat's. I loved that Gold's in L-Town and all, but Fat's is Fat's haha!

-S

So tell me about this Fats? Is it one of the most hardcore in the state or what?

newbreed
07-04-09, 10:26 pm
And someone definately bring a camera so we can get some photos up on here

newbreed
07-04-09, 10:29 pm
And as far as the Fat Alberts owner is concerned, she should be honored for Animal to have a gathering even though pro competitors like Ox and such won't be there, the fact that it was chosen by Animal is saying that the gym is a great hardcore gym to train at. That's the ultimate compliment. Some gyms up here that are hardcore beg for gatherings.

Wrestling Freak
07-05-09, 9:07 am
Any chance of this getting pushed back two weeks? I should be back from Iraq the first week of August, and I'd like to get in on some fun...

newbreed
07-05-09, 11:11 am
Any chance of this getting pushed back two weeks? I should be back from Iraq the first week of August, and I'd like to get in on some fun...

There could always be another ABC a couple weeks later as well. There is no rules on how many you can have a month.

N. Motta
07-05-09, 4:50 pm
Shit Big Nick I was down slingin' iron at your Layton's Gold's a couple weekends ago. Saw ol Burrows there...guy's legit! -S

Brandon is legit man. I don't really know him, but I know I would like to look like him haha.

N. Motta
07-05-09, 4:56 pm
So tell me about this Fats? Is it one of the most hardcore in the state or what?

I'm not gonna toot the horn and say it's the most hardcore in the state. But the thing is, privately owned and operated gyms, they are nearly non existent in Utah. The Gold's around here are fine and dandy, but if you want a no nonsense gym full or guys who show up to work and not flap there gums or drool over women, Fat's is the place.

Here's something funny. The supplement shop inside of Gold's, had Branch Warren come to the gym to sign some autographs and glad hand before he guest posed at an NPC event the next day. Obviously a guy who is at the top of the food chain is not going to miss his workouts when he travels. Did he train at Gold's, where he already was for the whole day? No. He came over to the little hole in the wall, Fat Alberts, and wrecked the weights.

newbreed
07-05-09, 9:50 pm
I'm not gonna toot the horn and say it's the most hardcore in the state. But the thing is, privately owned and operated gyms, they are nearly non existent in Utah. The Gold's around here are fine and dandy, but if you want a no nonsense gym full or guys who show up to work and not flap there gums or drool over women, Fat's is the place.

Here's something funny. The supplement shop inside of Gold's, had Branch Warren come to the gym to sign some autographs and glad hand before he guest posed at an NPC event the next day. Obviously a guy who is at the top of the food chain is not going to miss his workouts when he travels. Did he train at Gold's, where he already was for the whole day? No. He came over to the little hole in the wall, Fat Alberts, and wrecked the weights.

That's AWESOME!

C.Coronato
07-06-09, 9:22 am
Im very excited to see some pictures of this Fat Alberts. Gonna be a good time for sure fellas.

N. Motta
07-06-09, 11:34 am
For you East coast guys, it will not be anything you have not seen before, nor will it seem that hardcore. But for us guys out here, this place is an endangered species. Corporate or franchise gyms rule the game. Soccer mom's run the gym scene out here hahaha.

Yo guys! Just wanted to let you know that thanks to Treetrunk and Corporate, I have some pretty sweet swag to hand out after the ABC session. I don't want to give away the surprise, but when I opened the box I was like, "Ooooohhhh, keeeewwwwlllll." Hahaha

theSjman
07-06-09, 9:53 pm

I second that! Fat's may not be the most hardcore place in the state, but when you hold it up in comparison to the Gold's and the people....you won't find a better atmosphere with fellas and ladies bangin' away the right way than at Fat's!

-S

theSjman
07-06-09, 9:54 pm
Brandon is legit man. I don't really know him, but I know I would like to look like him haha.

Dude he does look ridiculous!! I've talked to him a few times and he's a pretty solid guy! And like you said...not a bad physique to strive for

-S

theSjman
07-07-09, 9:59 am

Hey W.Freak,

We'd be more than happy to throw another ABC when ya get back from Iraq. We owe ya for your sacrifice and its always good to slam iron with a hero. Let us know when your back and when works for ya..and we'll get another one planned.

-S

Blckdragun
07-08-09, 12:42 pm
Can't wait for this. Gonna be fun

N. Motta
07-08-09, 1:47 pm
What are things looking like for the exact date with you and New?

newbreed
07-11-09, 6:26 pm
The 23rd I believe thursday would be cool if it's in the afternoon. We arrive around 10 I think

N. Motta
07-11-09, 6:46 pm
That is perfect. Thanks for the confirmation. Let's give the others a chance to voice their thoughts regarding an exact time.

Fella's, need to hear what you think about this date and time:

Thursday, July 23rd. ~2:30
Fat Albert's Gym, Layton Utah

newbreed
07-11-09, 8:09 pm
That is perfect. Thanks for the confirmation. Let's give the others a chance to voice their thoughts regarding an exact time.

Thank you man. We're gonna have loads of fun with this.

theSjman
07-12-09, 5:16 pm

I like it brother!!! The 23rd it is!

-S

Blckdragun
07-12-09, 7:49 pm
There a chance of making it a bit earlier like 1ish? And does the gym have daycare by any chance?

N. Motta
07-12-09, 8:16 pm
Let's see how everyone feels about 1ish. Personally, it will be really hard for me to make it before 2 at the earliest.

Daycare? No.

Sage
07-12-09, 11:06 pm
Why did you all decide to not do it on the weekend?

N. Motta
07-12-09, 11:39 pm
We based it on the arrival of our bro's from the east coast. They will be in town for a short time, that's what worked for them, seems to work for the rest of us too.

C.Coronato
07-13-09, 9:55 am
Crossing of the ABC borders. I like it. Enjoy it.

newbreed
07-13-09, 2:40 pm
We based it on the arrival of our bro's from the east coast. They will be in town for a short time, that's what worked for them, seems to work for the rest of us too.

We want to thank you for trying to work with our schedule bro. We will make this the BEST ABC in Utah for you guys to remember

Sage
07-14-09, 8:55 am

Werd, I'll be there.

N. Motta
07-14-09, 12:03 pm
Werd, I'll be there.

Awesome.

newbreed
07-15-09, 12:57 pm
Who's brininghe camera? Gotta posts pictures of this and put Utah on the ABC map

N. Motta
07-15-09, 1:38 pm
On it.

theSjman
07-16-09, 8:13 am
On it.

haha yeah its best if we ask Big Nick to do that....i've been 0 for 2 on remembering the camera! we know for a fact he'll come through!

N. Motta
07-18-09, 1:01 am
Fella's, touched base with the owner of Fat Albert's today. We are still on schedule to train.

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but she has asked for a $10- fee from each of the visitors. A little steep I know, especially these days. But it is, what it is. Anybody that can't cover that, let me know. I will donate some change from my big coin jar ha ha.

newbreed
07-18-09, 11:01 am
Fella's, touched base with the owner of Fat Albert's today. We are still on schedule to train.

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but she has asked for a $10- fee from each of the visitors. A little steep I know, especially these days. But it is, what it is. Anybody that can't cover that, let me know. I will donate some change from my big coin jar ha ha.

That's the first gathering I been to where the owner wants a fee. Crazy

N. Motta
07-18-09, 11:44 am
I was not enthused to tell you guys. But again, if you guys can't cover the fee, I will be willing to cover it for you, just so we have a good ABC.

newbreed
07-18-09, 8:17 pm
It's cool but does the owner realize that it's considered an honor for Animal to have a gathering at?

N. Motta
07-18-09, 8:40 pm
Most people in Utah have no idea what Animal is. Seeing her side of it, what does she care if Animal fans, Muscle Tech fans, BSN fans or whatever wants to train in her gym? She has a business to run.

Blckdragun
07-18-09, 9:15 pm
Arlight no problem. Just make sure to have a camera handy

Blckdragun
07-18-09, 9:18 pm
O yeah 1 other thing, we had a Jersey gathering today and told all the Animal athletes and corporate people about this gathering and how great it's gonna be. They are looking forward to seeing pictures and such so get pumped and ready to go boys this will be a gathering for the books in Utah

theSjman
07-19-09, 1:34 am
I was not enthused to tell you guys. But again, if you guys can't cover the fee, I will be willing to cover it for you, just so we have a good ABC.

Haha hell Big Nick you've got us hittin a session in one of the best gyms in the state! I'll be damned if I make you cover my guest fee haha!

-S

theSjman
07-19-09, 1:36 am
O yeah 1 other thing, we had a Jersey gathering today and told all the Animal athletes and corporate people about this gathering and how great it's gonna be. They are looking forward to seeing pictures and such so get pumped and ready to go boys this will be a gathering for the books in Utah

Oh you can bet your ass we'll bring our best game!! Its about time our small chapter got a little love...we won't disappoint....and I guarantee we surprise you East Coast boys

-S

Sage
07-20-09, 9:02 am
It ON... back day on thursday.

C.Coronato
07-20-09, 10:21 am

Thats solid dedication brother, and much appreciated. Your kindness and generosity will not be overlooked.

Oh you can bet your ass we'll bring our best game!! Its about time our small chapter got a little love...we won't disappoint....and I guarantee we surprise you East Coast boys

-S

Oh boy, those sound like fighting words!

N. Motta
07-20-09, 12:18 pm
Okay guys, try and plan your week accordingly.

Granted Newbreed and Blckdragun get in on schedule, I think it would be fun to meet at the gym a little early and meet each other. ~2:00, with the kickoff at ~2:30. We can actually put some names to the faces/screen names. We can wait for everybody to show up, since I am the only one that can get us inside (pinpad outside). Also, to help everybody's preworkout game, Corporate and Treetrunk sent us some assorted Animal/Universal supplements to get us jacked up for the session.

Shifting gears-

I know those of us here in the Forum know that it is generally considered an honor for an Animal ABC session to go down at an owners gym. But as said earlier, Animal, especially an ABC is an unknown thing out here in Utah. I think we have a responsibility to be good representatives. Not only do we have an obligation to show up and destroy the weights, but we have an obligation to show good etiquette. Don't worry about yelling and making some noise. Two pillars are, clean up after yourself/rack your weights and be courteous to the other members you see in the gym. Doing so could really be good for Animal.

We have an opportunity on Thursday to put the Animal name in a good light, gain some more members and spread the word for the best company (FAMILY) in the game.

Nick

Blckdragun
07-20-09, 1:56 pm
We are excited for this. Ready to represent Animal. Gonna be a great friendly gathering. Lookin forward to meeting everyone

Blckdragun
07-20-09, 1:57 pm

-S

We have no doubts about that.

N. Motta
07-20-09, 2:50 pm
What's everyone training come Thursday?

newbreed
07-20-09, 9:11 pm
Blckdragun and myself are hitting chest and biceps

N. Motta
07-21-09, 1:16 am
Right on, I will be hitting chest as well.

Chest is by far one of my weakest parts, I can always use some extra motivation and intensity.

Sage
07-21-09, 8:14 am
back maybe biceps

theSjman
07-21-09, 9:13 am
Okay guys, try and plan your week accordingly.

Granted Newbreed and Blckdragun get in on schedule, I think it would be fun to meet at the gym a little early and meet each other. ~2:00, with the kickoff at ~2:30. We can actually put some names to the faces/screen names. We can wait for everybody to show up, since I am the only one that can get us inside (pinpad outside). Also, to help everybody's preworkout game, Corporate and Treetrunk sent us some assorted Animal/Universal supplements to get us jacked up for the session.

Shifting gears-

I know those of us here in the Forum know that it is generally considered an honor for an Animal ABC session to go down at an owners gym. But as said earlier, Animal, especially an ABC is an unknown thing out here in Utah. I think we have a responsibility to be good representatives. Not only do we have an obligation to show up and destroy the weights, but we have an obligation to show good etiquette. Don't worry about yelling and making some noise. Two pillars are, clean up after yourself/rack your weights and be courteous to the other members you see in the gym. Doing so could really be good for Animal.

We have an opportunity on Thursday to put the Animal name in a good light, gain some more members and spread the word for the best company (FAMILY) in the game.

Nick

Sounds good brother...My boy Brew is riding down with me so I'll tell him he needs to sneak out of work a little early so we can get down there around 1400. And you can expect the both of us to be on our best behavior haha....I especially don't wanna wear out our welcome at Fat's!

-S

theSjman
07-21-09, 9:17 am
What's everyone training come Thursday?

My splits got me hittin' arms and abs on Thurs. I believe Brew's on the same page as myself.

-S

Monika33
07-21-09, 10:40 am
I can't wait, first day back in the gym from injury. I am saving it for ANIMAL!!!

N. Motta
07-21-09, 11:41 am
I can't wait, first day back in the gym from injury. I am saving it for ANIMAL!!!

Are you Sages' girl?

Monika33
07-21-09, 5:40 pm
Are you Sages' girl?

He's my trainer!

N. Motta
07-21-09, 6:51 pm
Right on! Great to have a lady on board. Just remember to bring $10- for admission and try and meet outside at ~2:00 to get in.

I will post some directions/address tomorrow night.

newbreed
07-21-09, 9:18 pm
Right on! Great to have a lady on board. Just remember to bring $10- for admission and try and meet outside at ~2:00 to get in.

I will post some directions/address tomorrow night.

Two including my girl Blckdragun

Monika33
07-22-09, 1:23 am
Two including my girl Blckdragun

YAY, there will be 2 of us!

Girls are not afraid of IRON!

N. Motta
07-22-09, 1:52 pm
Okay here are some rudimentary directions.

From OGDEN:

Take I-15 to Layton
Exit at the Hill Field Road/331 Off ramp
Turn Right/West onto Hill Field Road
Take Hill Field road to Main St. and turn Left
Head South on Main
Gym is on the Left/East side
Next door to a Yamaha ATV/Motorcycle dealership

From SALT LAKE

Take I-15 North Bound to Layton
Turn Left/West onto Hill Field Road
Head South on Main

Fat Albert's Gym
52 North Main Street
Layton Utah

*If you go through the intersection of Main St. and Gentile, you have gone too far south.

If anyone wants my cell number just in case, send me a PM.

Nick

theSjman
07-23-09, 8:05 am
Okay here are some rudimentary directions.

From OGDEN:

Take I-15 to Layton
Turn Right/West onto Hill Field Road
Head South on Main

From SALT LAKE

Take I-15 North Bound to Layton
Turn Left/West onto Hill Field Road
Head South on Main

Fat Albert's Gym
52 North Main Street
Layton Utah

*If you go through the intersection of Main St. and Gentile, you have gone too far south.

If anyone wants my cell number just in case, send me a PM.

Nick

I remember looking for that place haha! Lookin forward to meetin the new fellas and seein ya again Big Nick

-S

N. Motta
07-23-09, 8:19 pm
It's official. Utah has got some legit Animals. Not to forget the awesome support we got from our brothers and sisters from the East.

We had, what I would consider, Utah's first official ABC session. Smaller and equally as productive meetings have happened in the past, but were not documented. Nine people in attendance threw down today at Fat Albert's Gym. The guy's and gal's that showed up were some of the nicest, most down to earth, hardest training group I have ever seen at one time, in a gym here in Utah.

A huge sincere thank you goes out to my new friends from New Jersey, Newbreed and Blckdragun for not only joining us and training their balls off, but for helping put some wind in the sails of the Utah ABC. They really gave me some good tips and insight as to how we can grow the Utah Chapter.

Sage and Monika came down from Ogden and really brought some excitement. Sage yanked some dumb bell rows with the 150's. A feat usually reserved for guys that out weigh him by +30 pounds. The dude is a dynamo! Thanks for coming guys.

Then there are the knuckle heads from Morgan Utah. Shaun and John. What they add in humor and good nature, they surpass with brutal work ethic. Shaun looks like a true freak and he mentioned he may be doing a show in October. Sorry to blow up your spot bro, but you need to do that, your a beast. Glad you guys came, wouldn't have been the same without you.

My buddy Jan always motivates me to challenge myself. He has got some freakish strength himself and is going to have an awesome run in competitive bodybuilding. We teamed up for a great chest session.

Wow, after reading all this I really feel like a bag of gas. Thank you again to everyone the showed up. Big thank you to Fat Albert's Gym for allowing this event to go down.

Without further ado, a link for the pics. http://photobucket.com/UtahABC2009

Iceiktitan
07-23-09, 8:40 pm
Looks like some hardcore training went on over there. Damn I might just have to take a trip out west.

N. Motta
07-23-09, 8:43 pm
Ha ha. Thanks for the support man. We may have lacked in the quantity department, but we made up for it with the quality of people involved.

Sage
07-24-09, 1:59 am
Don't worry the Utah Animal will grow. People just don't know about it yet.

Good times. Can't wait till the next one here, but I am excited for the Olympia ABC.

Iceiktitan
07-24-09, 6:39 am
I'm sure bro. Keep the movement going!
Ha ha. Thanks for the support man. We may have lacked in the quantity department, but we made up for it with the quality of people involved.

theSjman
07-24-09, 8:50 am
It's official. Utah has got some legit Animals. Not to forget the awesome support we got from our brothers and sisters from the East.

We had, what I would consider, Utah's first official ABC session. Smaller and equally as productive meetings have happened in the past, but were not documented. Nine people in attendance threw down today at Fat Albert's Gym. The guy's and gal's that showed up were some of the nicest, most down to earth, hardest training group I have ever seen at one time, in a gym here in Utah.

A huge sincere thank you goes out to my new friends from New Jersey, Newbreed and Blckdragun for not only joining us and training their balls off, but for helping put some wind in the sails of the Utah ABC. They really gave me some good tips and insight as to how we can grow the Utah Chapter.

Sage and Monika came down from Ogden and really brought some excitement. Sage yanked some dumb bell rows with the 150's. A feat usually reserved for guys that out weigh him by +30 pounds. The dude is a dynamo! Thanks for coming guys.

Then there are the knuckle heads from Morgan Utah. Shaun and John. What they add in humor and good nature, they surpass with brutal work ethic. Shaun looks like a true freak and he mentioned he may be doing a show in October. Sorry to blow up your spot bro, but you need to do that, your a beast. Glad you guys came, wouldn't have been the same without you.

My buddy Jan always motivates me to challenge myself. He has got some freakish strength himself and is going to have an awesome run in competitive bodybuilding. We teamed up for a great chest session.

Wow, after reading all this I really feel like a bag of gas. Thank you again to everyone the showed up. Big thank you to Fat Albert's Gym for allowing this event to go down.

Without further ado, a link for the pics. http://photobucket.com/UtahABC2009

Hey I just wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to Nick for gettin Utah's first legitimate ABC Session taken care of...the kid went above and beyond to accomodate everyone...and I still owe ya a Jefferson brother! Your as good as family now my man! Thanks to the Jersey Crew for swingin' in on their stay out here and bringin their East Coast flavor. And finally thanks to Yun, Sage, and Monika for comin in and settin' a great tone for the workout...I think we definitely had a good showing! Thanks to Mary and Fat's for housin' our rowdy asses! And my boy John for beatin my ass around....hopefully the start of a very successful and close Animal Chapter!

-S

Sage
07-24-09, 9:17 am
Hey I just wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to Nick for gettin Utah's first legitimate ABC Session taken care of...the kid went above and beyond to accomodate everyone...and I still owe ya a Jefferson brother! Your as good as family now my man! Thanks to the Jersey Crew for swingin' in on their stay out here and bringin their East Coast flavor. And finally thanks to Yun, Sage, and Monika for comin in and settin' a great tone for the workout...I think we definitely had a good showing! Thanks to Mary and Fat's for housin' our rowdy asses! And my boy John for beatin my ass around....hopefully the start of a very successful and close Animal Chapter!

-S

Good meeting you too. Next time we can train together.

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 9:39 am
Yo fellas Pics look awesome. Keep doing your thing, and thats great you guys had some Jersey Blood running through.

Do me a favor and post up the pics in the Gallery section:

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Monika33
07-24-09, 10:29 am
Thanks for having me!

I had the best workout, you guys have some great work ethic, very motivating!

Can't wait for the next one!

N. Motta
07-24-09, 10:34 am
Join us again Monika, it was awesome to have you there! Keep up the training too, I think you have a great resource in Sage. Just listen to your body.

Link to the new thread in the gallery section
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=766647#post766647

Big Al
07-24-09, 9:56 pm
Man we can keep Newbreed and Blckdragun away from any damn ABC's.LOL
At least newbreed shaved and got a hair cut!!!!LOL

newbreed
07-29-09, 10:54 am
Man we can keep Newbreed and Blckdragun away from any damn ABC's.LOL
At least newbreed shaved and got a hair cut!!!!LOL

HAHA! It was about that time. Once I started smelling my hair I knew it was time

newbreed
07-29-09, 10:56 am
I will have to say this was an awesome ABC. Great turnout. Just think it's only getting started in Utah. For those of you Utah Animals who didn't want to go to this one, you missed one hell of a time. Hopefully we'll do it again when we come back next year. Great time fellas. It was great training with all of you

Monika33
07-29-09, 12:55 pm
I will have to say this was an awesome ABC. Great turnout. Just think it's only getting started in Utah. For those of you Utah Animals who didn't want to go to this one, you missed one hell of a time. Hopefully we'll do it again when we come back next year. Great time fellas. It was great training with all of you

It was awesome meeting you, definatly a great session! When is the next it should be in the planning stages now, I dont want to say away too long?

Wrestling Freak
10-02-09, 2:47 pm
Anyone ready for another session?

I know y'all just had one a couple months ago, but I wasn't here for it. If everyone's willing, I'd like to get in on one before I leave again in a couple months.

Monika33
10-02-09, 5:32 pm
Anyone ready for another session?

I know y'all just had one a couple months ago, but I wasn't here for it. If everyone's willing, I'd like to get in on one before I leave again in a couple months.

Ready whenever you are!!!

Wrestling Freak
10-03-09, 3:45 pm
Ready whenever you are!!!

I'm good to go...

Anyone else?

Monika33
10-05-09, 12:26 pm
I'm good to go...

Anyone else?

I am sure Sage is down!!! Would it be at Fat Albert's again? Just need a little bit of notice. Lets get a date figured out!!!

zachwhitney
10-27-09, 11:06 pm
hey Zach here, looking to check one of these ABC sessions out.

C.Coronato
10-28-09, 9:27 am
hey Zach here, looking to check one of these ABC sessions out.

Good to have you bro. You train with anyone currently?

mbtransam1
11-05-09, 2:03 pm
Just got on the forum, its good to know there's some real lifters in this state.

N. Motta
11-05-09, 2:03 pm
Working on another Utah ABC ladies and gents. Have a few new guys I'm working on recruiting that will be great additions to the Forvm as well as the sessions.

No firm date as of yet, waiting to get some feedback from everyone.

N. Motta
11-05-09, 2:04 pm
Just got on the forum, its good to know there's some real lifters in this state.

Right on cue, haha. Great to have you on here homie.

Monika33
11-05-09, 2:49 pm
YAHOOO!! glad you could make it!

Wrestling Freak
11-08-09, 8:50 pm
Just got back from TDY today, I'm available for five or six weeks until I go overseas again.

N. Motta
11-08-09, 10:24 pm
Sweet. Glad your back dude. We are trying to get something in the works, in the next month, at the latest.

Where do you train at currently?

Wrestling Freak
11-08-09, 11:05 pm
Sweet. Glad your back dude. We are trying to get something in the works, in the next month, at the latest.

Where do you train at currently?

Primarily on base right now.

N. Motta
11-08-09, 11:07 pm
Right on. Well I would say that within the next two weeks, we will set a date and a location.

As always, I'm always open to suggestions and ideas, as well as recruiting new members here on the Forum to join us at the ABC event.

Monika33
11-09-09, 12:20 pm
Sage and I can workout on base also! If that helps

N. Motta
11-09-09, 12:24 pm
How do civilians get on base? The few times I have tried to get up on Hill, it's a royal pain in the ass. Had to get someone to sponsor me, then the guards still wouldn't let me on.

Monika33
11-09-09, 12:27 pm
How do civilians get on base? The few times I have tried to get up on Hill, it's a royal pain in the ass. Had to get someone to sponsor me, then the guards still wouldn't let me on.

I am involved in Civil air patrol with my kids so that is how I get on, Sage is a veteran, Thought sponsoring was the way to go. How long ago did you do that? also it might depend on which gate you go to.

N. Motta
11-09-09, 12:28 pm
The last time it happened, I was up there for a job fair. Around July of last year. I had set up a sponsor who worked for a private contractor on base, and I still waited over 90 minutes in the visitor center to get in.

IF we did have the ABC event on base, does each person have to obtain there own sponsor? Or could someone like Sage sponsor a whole lot of us?

I see myself getting frustrated really fast if we actually line something up, coordinate all the attending members, just to get our chain jerked by the guards at the gate.

Monika33
11-09-09, 11:15 pm
I have to go there tomorrow I will check it out and get back with you!

N. Motta
11-10-09, 12:05 am
Right on. Thanks Monika.

Wrestling Freak
11-10-09, 6:23 am
I'm active, so I can take a few people on base with me no problem, but as far as an ABC event, I would imagine that it would probably be much easier to set it up at a civilian gym as far as management of the facility is concerned.

N. Motta
11-10-09, 11:44 am
I'm active, so I can take a few people on base with me no problem, but as far as an ABC event, I would imagine that it would probably be much easier to set it up at a civilian gym as far as management of the facility is concerned.

I have the same feeling. I would like to meet up with you, Monika or Sage and ask if you can post up some flyers on base. I have a few of them made, and granted you get permission, I think it would be a great idea to throw up some info on the Forvm and the ABC.

I actually thought you joined at Fat Alberts yesterday. It was another big dude, Air Force, reppin a sick Animal tee. He said he's training on base for the past few years.

Monika33
11-10-09, 12:11 pm
Im all over town, I can put them up at my local gym also where i practice roller derby also on base and at weber state. I would really like a sticker for my car. I travel alot being a crazy soccer mom!!

When can we meet up?

N. Motta
11-10-09, 1:08 pm
Is tomorrow afternoon possible? I decided I want to go to Kinko's and try and get some quality flyers made, they may gain more attention than my drab black and white paper ones.

Monika33
11-10-09, 3:04 pm
I have tomorrow off so anytime before 4:30 would be great!!!!

N. Motta
11-13-09, 1:17 pm
bump.

Let's get some more input from the existing Utah Animals. Ideas on where to host the next event, time and date.

mbtransam1
11-13-09, 1:50 pm
Let me know when the next ABC session is and I'm in for sure

Monika33
11-13-09, 2:49 pm
Is there a problem with Fat Alberts?

N. Motta
11-13-09, 3:22 pm
Let me know when the next ABC session is and I'm in for sure

How far in advance shall we set it up guys? Three weeks? Four weeks? Seeing as how we are trying to recruit some more people and a few of the registered Utah Animals don't log on very frequently, I was thinking we should give it a few weeks to try and let it build speed.

Monika33
11-13-09, 3:26 pm
4 weeks is awesome!!!

BUT...

schedule soon I am way excited!!

N. Motta
11-13-09, 3:30 pm
For sure.

I just remember that WrestlingFreak had mentioned that he was going to be getting deployed again soon. Figured that the least we could do for his service is to make sure we schedule it so he can attend before he heads out.

Monika33
11-13-09, 5:24 pm
sounds perfect, Have you gotten ahold of Fat Alberts yet?

N. Motta
11-13-09, 5:29 pm
i'm going to train right now. i will talk to Mary about it.

Monika33
11-13-09, 5:31 pm
i cant wait, when you give me a date, Im gonna get the word out, I am gonna try to get all the derby girls to come too.

N. Motta
11-13-09, 7:28 pm
Sounds good Monika, you gonna get them to register on the Forvm and rep some Animal tee's?

Wrestling Freak
11-15-09, 9:23 pm
My schedule is pretty set for about the next six weeks 'til I leave again; I work from 0300-1700 usually, and at least for right now, I have weekends off, so I'm available either in the evening, or on the weekends. Don't really care where it happens, I was training at Fat Alberts for a couple weeks until I went TDY, then I found out I'm leaving again soon, so I figured there wasn't much point in re-uping for the short period that I have left. I did enjoy the gym though, so I would have no qualms with the ABC taking place there.

N. Motta
11-15-09, 10:14 pm
My schedule is pretty set for about the next six weeks 'til I leave again; I work from 0300-1700 usually, and at least for right now, I have weekends off, so I'm available either in the evening, or on the weekends. Don't really care where it happens, I was training at Fat Alberts for a couple weeks until I went TDY, then I found out I'm leaving again soon, so I figured there wasn't much point in re-uping for the short period that I have left. I did enjoy the gym though, so I would have no qualms with the ABC taking place there.

Dude, I swear I met you in Fat's. Isn't your name Blake?

N. Motta
11-15-09, 10:36 pm
Scratch that, just saw your homepage. Not Blaka haha.

newbreed
11-16-09, 2:36 pm
Nice to see a part 2 gathering in Utah. Wish I could be there for this 1. Oh yeah, iwontquit, this time have a place for the crew to go and eat afterwards. That's something I forgot to tell you. Good luck and definately post some pictures.

N. Motta
11-16-09, 2:52 pm
Well look who it is! Haha Thanks for stopping in homie. Definitely going to pound some food afterwards.

You better be training hard Kyle!

Monika33
11-16-09, 3:29 pm
did you get ahold of FAT ALBERTS?

N. Motta
11-16-09, 4:07 pm
Yes we can have it there again. As long as everyone is fine with paying a $10- entrance fee and cleaning up after themselves.

newbreed
11-17-09, 8:36 am
Well look who it is! Haha Thanks for stopping in homie. Definitely going to pound some food afterwards.

You better be training hard Kyle!

No problem man. HAHA good to hear. I'm training hard are you Nick?lol.

newbreed
11-17-09, 8:37 am
did you get ahold of FAT ALBERTS?

Very impressive gym. Got everything you need.

Monika33
11-17-09, 12:09 pm
yep I liked it!!!

Do we have a date yet?

N. Motta
11-17-09, 12:39 pm
Well, I was hoping for some input from everyone on the date.

But since there have not been any suggestions, how about these possibilities:

November 28th
December 5th
December 12th

All are Saturdays.

Monika33
11-17-09, 6:10 pm
any are good for me!!!!

mbtransam1
11-19-09, 2:15 pm
I'm voting for the 28th, then we can watch the Utes whoop some ass!

N. Motta
11-19-09, 3:02 pm
I'm voting for the 28th, then we can watch the Utes whoop some ass!

Bingo

Saturday November 28th will be the day for the next Utah ABC.

Time pending. Though I estimate that ~3:00 PM might work for most of us.