PDA

View Full Version : Bringing others to the ABC's

naturalguy
12-12-07, 10:24 am
The ABC's are open to anyone who wants to take part in the events. In order to have a successful event we need accurate head counts before the event.

If you are bringing a friend/training partner/girlfriend/boyfriend, please have them sign up on the forum under their own screename/name and post in the appropriate thread for the event they want to attend.

One of the things about growing the ABC's is also growing our board here. We want quality individuals who contribute to the forum. By having your friends sign up here we grow as a community.

As an example, this Saturday we are having an event in Brooklyn, NY. A very good friend of mine wanted to see what the ABC's were all about. I could have just said "Intensity + 1" however I asked him to join the Forvm and post his intentions. After spending some time cruising the board he said to me that this was the best board that he has been on. He will be spending more time here and contributing. He's been in the game for a long time and has a lot of knowledge to add.

This is how we grow.

krazyassmexican
12-12-07, 10:36 am
The ABC's are open to anyone who wants to take part in the events. In order to have a successful event we need accurate head counts before the event.

If you are bringing a friend/training partner/girlfriend/boyfriend, please have them sign up on the forum under their own screename/name and post in the appropriate thread for the event they want to attend.

One of the things about growing the ABC's is also growing our board here. We want quality individuals who contribute to the forum. By having your friends sign up here we grow as a community.

As an example, this Saturday we are having an event in Brooklyn, NY. A very good friend of mine wanted to see what the ABC's were all about. I could have just said "Intensity + 1" however I asked him to join the Forvm and post his intentions. After spending some time cruising the board he said to me that this was the best board that he has been on. He will be spending more time here and contributing. He's been in the game for a long time and has a lot of knowledge to add.

This is how we grow.

i must agree
we got to spread the gospel

in our session at B&W i took two of my boys
angel always takes his brother Cisco who just signed as a member yesterday

srb3189
12-12-07, 2:28 pm
Word im going to change mine from srb3189 + two right now

norrim1
12-12-07, 2:35 pm
Solid post Intensity. In my quest to find more members for the ABC, I mananged to add find around 10 people for our areas' chapters in the past week. The majority of them have started journeys and have contributed some pretty useful material and are a great addition to our community. Everyone tells me that they love the forvm and feel at home here. Out of these 10, they will spread the word. Someday down the road that 10 could be a 100, all from one guy. So make sure you bring in quility people fellas, the forvm continues to grow with new solid members everday.

Wasteland
12-12-07, 2:35 pm
An idea becomes a movement. A movement becomes a revolution.

There is strength in numbers.

Riesjs
12-12-07, 2:38 pm
solid members is the key word!

G Diesel
12-12-07, 3:38 pm
As with so many of our gifts, it is our duty utilize them to their fullest... When I come across knowledge or technique or draw people to me for whatever reason, I seize the opportunity to use what I have and what I'm privy to in order to enrich their lives. In a very sincere way, this is how I feel about the ABC. We are in the seminal stages of a movement... Something different and special and important. I feel a responsibility to spread the word to those I know who would benefit from such an experience.

Spread the word... Spread the gift. Peace, G

bobbymart
12-12-07, 4:19 pm

This is how we grow.

Ok so I am having trouble here in NC getting people to actually sign up and post on the forum so durring our ABC session I will be trying to spark more interest and get more people involved in the forum I guess we are using our ABC session as kinda a launch pad to the forum.

Barbenders Babe
12-17-07, 2:38 pm
just to add a little input of how important it is to have the people who support you and "have your back" get involved with these sessions and the forum. some do not understand what it takes to back you guys. i'm tryin to get a sisterhood of the women of you big ass boys to band together. in my area, Barbender and i have gym friends but they dont live the life we do. keeping up with a world champ powerlifter isnt your average lifestyle but with this forum, i have other "wives" that can relate to making your meals, knowing your prot carb fat ratio, understanding what overtraining is, mood swings and so on. if you have someone in your life that doesnt work out with you, bring them to a session, let them get a taste of what you thrive for. We had House's wife, BAM's girl, pep's wife and myself supporting these guys in Akron sat (yes, drove thru the freakin snow/ice storm) and it was unbelievable. What a group. we all went to dinner afterwards and sat down like famlily. those boys rocked Akron!!!!!

naturalguy
12-17-07, 5:54 pm
just to add a little input of how important it is to have the people who support you and "have your back" get involved with these sessions and the forum. some do not understand what it takes to back you guys. i'm tryin to get a sisterhood of the women of you big ass boys to band together. in my area, Barbender and i have gym friends but they dont live the life we do. keeping up with a world champ powerlifter isnt your average lifestyle but with this forum, i have other "wives" that can relate to making your meals, knowing your prot carb fat ratio, understanding what overtraining is, mood swings and so on. if you have someone in your life that doesnt work out with you, bring them to a session, let them get a taste of what you thrive for. We had House's wife, BAM's girl, pep's wife and myself supporting these guys in Akron sat (yes, drove thru the freakin snow/ice storm) and it was unbelievable. What a group. we all went to dinner afterwards and sat down like famlily. those boys rocked Akron!!!!!

Thats what I am talking about!

srb3189
12-17-07, 6:19 pm
Wish I had someone like that behind me. I hope you guys know how lucky you are.

-Steve

Pizzalamp
01-16-08, 9:15 pm
my friend is still in the process of registering

he had registered a while ago but i dunno what happened

i keep telling him...

BiG in NYC 823
03-28-08, 3:59 pm
An idea becomes a movement. A movement becomes a revolution.

There is strength in numbers.

solid members is the key word!

That is what I am talking about!!

I have been fortunate enough to "recruit" co-workers to join the gym and workout like a madman with me.
Just a little more time and I will "recruit" them to the FORVM and then to ABC meetings..
As "Wasteland" put it..an idea becomes a movement. A movement becomes a revolution!"

Very well said my brother!

Wasteland
04-04-08, 4:58 pm
That is what I am talking about!!

I have been fortunate enough to "recruit" co-workers to join the gym and workout like a madman with me.
Just a little more time and I will "recruit" them to the FORVM and then to ABC meetings..
As "Wasteland" put it..an idea becomes a movement. A movement becomes a revolution!"

Very well said my brother!

I don't believe there's a Long Island ABC Chapter, but it's a big place that could probably support several chapters. You have the idea, now start the movement.

Margi
04-05-08, 9:39 am
As with so many of our gifts, it is our duty utilize them to their fullest... When I come across knowledge or technique or draw people to me for whatever reason, I seize the opportunity to use what I have and what I'm privy to in order to enrich their lives. In a very sincere way, this is how I feel about the ABC. We are in the seminal stages of a movement... Something different and special and important. I feel a responsibility to spread the word to those I know who would benefit from such an experience.

Spread the word... Spread the gift. Peace, G

Well spoken,I have learned sooo much from reading others journeys and articles here and most from attending the gatherings by watching listening and asking questions.The biggest benefits are the friends I have made...(some right here in my area.)and the knowledge I have given and received-Thanks

Margi
04-05-08, 9:46 am

This is how we grow.

Ya know some days it's the feedback and posts that get me to the gym to either try something new or just in response to the motivation and support I garnish from my crew....
I have found alot of new friends here and I am thankful for a forum like this-I am a disciple and am spreading the word-Thanks-Peace

Joseb
04-05-08, 12:13 pm
my friend is still in the process of registering

he had registered a while ago but i dunno what happened

i keep telling him...

listen to G Diesel. "Don't try and carry your friends on the wings of your dreams"
If then won't come.. you should push them. After that, if they still refuse.. it's not for them.

bloodsimple1234
08-06-08, 5:15 pm
listen to G Diesel. "Don't try and carry your friends on the wings of your dreams"
If then won't come.. you should push them. After that, if they still refuse.. it's not for them.

couldn't have said it better myself!

Joseb
08-06-08, 6:03 pm
i tihnk my quoting was wrong though.. it was his father who said that

GoodGerman
02-10-09, 2:37 am
hey bro's
seems like im the only german guy in this forvm. the abc community have not been known here yet, so its a kind of hard to establish someting like a connection in here. i told a few friends of it, and i hope they will join us. Got any ideas how to get abc into the mind of the germans? how have you built such big connections in other citys /countrys yet?

Eric210
09-14-10, 7:44 pm
Any around Central New york, the most hardcore atmosphere around me is at Hercules gym but it'd be nice to take a road trip out to workout with the Animals