PDA

View Full Version : Western Illinois Animals

believe in the dream
12-12-07, 6:03 pm
What's up. if anybody here is from around the Quincy area let me know and maybe we can get something set up. it's slim pickin' in my gym for guys that like to train hard, with the exception of maybe arms. if you're down, hit me up

Trulyhuge
01-21-08, 9:05 am
Any way I could get a showing in a town in illinois. Quincy, illinois to be exact.

Trulyhuge
11-24-08, 11:06 am
Bump. Any chance of the ABC coming this way???

bamfrblb4
04-08-09, 7:26 pm
Western illinois needs to get the ABC set up maybe towards the quad cities

aroot9
04-09-09, 12:15 am
that'd be nice

bamfrblb4
04-22-09, 9:58 pm
brothers of iron.
knowing personally the number of animals in western illinois interested in getting the ABC set up I met up with the Gym called Lifestyles in Kewanee Illinois who is willing to let us all train at his hardcore gym. Hes even cuttin us slack on price it'll be $3.50 to lift and meet there. We would love and need any animals in the area to be there

May 24 at 5:00pm
$3.50
theres a nice grill your own steak resturant across the street.

If you need directions or help getting there let me or aroot9 know
peace brothers

kane2162
04-22-09, 10:04 pm
I'm totally down man. Il see you in kewannee to push some weight. I hope to see more animals there. Go big or go home. peace.

aroot9
04-22-09, 10:10 pm
Thats a hardcore gym. I cant wait to throw some iron with all my western illinois animal brothers. I hope to see more animals there

bamfrblb4
04-22-09, 10:12 pm
You guys have gotta help find the animals from this side of the world. check for them in threads and get the word out
peace

drufan
04-22-09, 10:35 pm
dude i would def like to get in on this

bamfrblb4
05-01-09, 8:35 pm
western illinois we are currently sitting at 6 people in our chapter hunt down some more and i to will put effort in to finding more. stay strong

G Diesel
05-14-09, 11:17 am
Glad you guys have got the details together... Gonna make sure The U gets some samples sent your way for the event.

Peace, G

bamfrblb4
05-14-09, 6:58 pm
brothers you know what this means.. were official . a chapter in the ABC
whats everyone want to lift that saturday, and chinese or steak house?

aroot9
05-14-09, 7:02 pm
i speak for all of the western illinois animals when i say its an honor to officially have our own abc chapter and thank you to g. i cant wait to lift with all of my fellow animals. legs would also be my choice of lifts. nothing like a good leg day. and also my vote goes to steak

bamfrblb4
05-14-09, 7:16 pm
subbed. have you ever been to that katys place where you grill your own steak

aroot9
05-14-09, 7:24 pm
yea one time. its a good place

C.Coronato
05-15-09, 9:15 am
Looking good in here. May 24th it is. Hit me up if you need a banner/shirts/samples.

G Diesel
05-18-09, 9:27 am
The U should have a care package en route c/o bamfrblb4... Be on the lookout for it. Look forward to seeing the pics fellas. Go hard.

Peace, G

bamfrblb4
05-18-09, 6:59 pm
The anticipation of this event is killing me. I've been pm'ing a few other animals and right now were sitting at 5 maybe 6 that are going to be at this event. Not bad and like G said lets Go Hard

aroot9
05-18-09, 7:04 pm
I cant wait for our event. its a real honor to be a part of the abc and i want to thank everyone who helped us. and to all of the western illinois animal brothers, looking forward to seeing you guys there

Nix0r
05-18-09, 7:11 pm
Dominate the Iron. I look forward to seeing the pics.

-Your Chicago brethren.

BigChrisF
05-18-09, 8:50 pm
Hmmm...I just came across this. I might have to make the hour drive up. Does anyone know how much weight their barbells are rated for?

bamfrblb4
05-18-09, 10:55 pm
hey brother we would love to have you join us. As for barbells i believe theyre just regular 45 lb barbells. its a really good gym.. where are you from bro

aroot9
05-19-09, 12:17 am
welcome bro. i hope you make it up

BigChrisF
05-19-09, 12:58 am
About an hour south of Kewanee in Canton.

bamfrblb4
05-19-09, 1:04 am
sweet man is it a posibility then that you would join us. i think lifestyles barbells will hold max 800

BigChrisF
05-19-09, 1:13 am
If I can get it worked in, I will come up. Sunday is usually a heavy squat day for me, but I might have to stay a little lighter with those barbells.

What is the address of the place?

bamfrblb4
05-19-09, 1:19 am
o crap the dates wrong on that. were heading up saturday may 23.. very serious typo. Everyone else knows its saturday sorry. what do you lift on saturdays

BigChrisF
05-19-09, 1:34 am
I don't usually lift on Saturdays. Right now its Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. It won't be a big deal to just do it Saturday instead of Sunday. Would have sucked showing up the day after though.

bamfrblb4
05-19-09, 1:39 am
we wouldve had one pissed chris lol. no we want to make your trips up here worth while. which is awesome because we were planning on doing legs this saturday.

aroot9
05-19-09, 1:51 am
im glad its sounding like your coming. im looking forward to meeting you bro

bamfrblb4
05-19-09, 4:36 pm
well fellas i got a little package of happiness from the U. Show up this Saturday to get your surprises.

bamfrblb4
05-20-09, 6:54 pm
just called lifestyles talked to roger and were still on for saturday, he sent out his congrats to evan. so 5:00 it is brothers

drufan
05-21-09, 5:19 pm
i'd def like to hit my calves and talk to anyone who has tips on calves cause they sure are stubborn muscles! see ya saturday!!!

G Diesel
05-22-09, 11:02 am
well fellas i got a little package of happiness from the U. Show up this Saturday to get your surprises.

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the pics bro.

Peace, G

bamfrblb4
05-25-09, 2:29 pm
alright guys im working on up loading some of the pics they should be on by tonight

C.Coronato
05-28-09, 4:28 pm
How did everything go at the ABC brother? Good turn out?

Aggression
05-28-09, 4:38 pm
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the pics bro.

Peace, G

Likewise. Glad you guys had a solid outing.

drufan
05-28-09, 5:46 pm
The turn out could have been better mostly us guys from Cambridge only one traveler but I'm gonna try to get the word out as much as possible cause I know there are more animals in the area so our next meeting should be better.

bamfrblb4
05-29-09, 12:02 am
alright bros. i added them onto my facebook. which means you might need to have one.. i will add them to photobucket tomorrow just incase a few guys dont have facebook. speaking of the turn out i know 2 animals werent able to make it moving us up to 9.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=95571&id=501862142

bamfrblb4
05-29-09, 1:35 am
bros here is the public link

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=95571&id=501862142&l=4428f7d311

Aggression
05-29-09, 8:55 am
A lot of quad work going down in IL for that ABC, nicely done fellas.

C.Coronato
05-29-09, 9:23 am
Looking damn good in there. Keep pounding.

bamfrblb4
05-29-09, 1:37 pm
thanks bros we didnt get pics of the meal because we walked there but everyone ended up either getting two steaks or two filets of fish.

i personally had two sword fish

anyways time to talk about the next event its already been a week and pounding iron aint the same As our chapter members that were there last saturday we talked about having the next down in macomb at the salvation army. to take some driving off chris' back. I gotta get with Preston real fast to see what days work best for him because he wasnt able to be there due to work. so keep checkin back i should have all the info by tonight.

bamf

bamfrblb4
06-03-09, 2:23 am
hey big chris aroot9 and i are heading to macomb this weekend for football camp at western and we talked about meeting up with ya maybe get something to eat. tear up the dollar menu

BigChrisF
06-11-09, 3:58 am
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner as it's clearly too late. I've been backpacking through the mountains in Tennessee/North Carolina for a little while and I didn't see this.

As for the next ABC event, the gym is open Monday-Friday from 3-5 pm. I have been lifting there Wednesdays and Fridays, but that can be changed easily enough. Everyone can put in their vote of what works best.

C.Coronato
06-11-09, 4:50 pm
thanks bros we didnt get pics of the meal because we walked there but everyone ended up either getting two steaks or two filets of fish.

Nice bro. Solid meals for sure.

bamfrblb4
06-12-09, 6:19 pm
lets start up a vote then wednesday july 1 anyone? down at the salvation army.. put in your two cents

BigChrisF
06-13-09, 11:37 pm
I'm fine with that or the prior week. The next week will be my run up to Nationals and would be inconvenient.

Preston
06-14-09, 12:07 am
I wouldn't mind hitting up kewanee from now on if anyone else is interested?

Rayleigh are you up to it bro? I'm free Monday - Wednesday - Friday so uhm...whenever.

Give me a call.

Preston
06-14-09, 12:08 am
hey big chris aroot9 and i are heading to macomb this weekend for football camp at western and we talked about meeting up with ya maybe get something to eat. tear up the dollar menu

lol dollar menu.

bamfrblb4
06-15-09, 8:01 pm
i was thinking about alternating months.. if you want preston you could meet us in cambridge and get a ride with some of us.. car pool

bamfrblb4
06-15-09, 8:02 pm
in other news aroot9 today was fed some shit from doctors saying his animalpak and to much protein are destroying his liver bad

Preston
06-16-09, 3:24 pm
in other news aroot9 today was fed some shit from doctors saying his animalpak and to much protein are destroying his liver bad

Damn that sucks. I'll be in kewanee today to destroy legs - if any of you guys wanna tear it up with me I'll be there....around 3:00PM today.

PEACE !

C.Coronato
06-16-09, 3:35 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Western Illinois ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13284)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. Thanks. If you have any questions PM me.

bamfrblb4
06-16-09, 6:36 pm
Damn that sucks. I'll be in kewanee today to destroy legs - if any of you guys wanna tear it up with me I'll be there....around 3:00PM today.

PEACE !

shouldve texted me bro i wouldve met ya up there. kinda late now

bamfrblb4
06-16-09, 6:39 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Western Illinois ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13284)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. Thanks. If you have any questions PM me.

makes sense bro. done deal

BigChrisF
06-16-09, 11:20 pm

It shouldn't have anything to do with his liver unless he has a pre-existing condition. A lot of protein is a little hard on the kidneys but if you hydrate well, it shouldn't be a problem.

BigChrisF
06-24-09, 1:15 am
I'm going to assume by the lack of votes that we are on for July 1.

bamfrblb4
07-07-09, 6:46 pm
sorry chris i havent been able to round up the boys ive been trapped in the hospital

C.Coronato
07-09-09, 10:04 am
sorry chris i havent been able to round up the boys ive been trapped in the hospital

You ok bro?

BigChrisF
07-10-09, 11:22 pm
Sorry to hear that. Is everything alright?

bamfrblb4
07-13-09, 2:31 pm
yea i think im ok i have to have a colonoscopy tomorrow im thinking thats my last day outve the game. theyre thinking its salmonella

bamfrblb4
07-13-09, 2:31 pm
theyve been starvin me and ive already lost close to 20lbs

C.Coronato
07-13-09, 4:01 pm
Ahh shit man. Be good and rest up.

bamfrblb4
07-13-09, 7:03 pm
thanks man this chapter will be running the strongest it has in a few weeks

BigChrisF
07-14-09, 9:32 pm
Don't worry. You'll rebound from the weight loss quickly.

bamfrblb4
07-15-09, 12:52 am
i got the green light from the docs to start tomorrow.. tomorrow ive got some serious work to do.

aroot9
07-16-09, 8:12 pm
hey bros sorry i havent been on here in awile. ive been putting up with a lot of shit from my doctors and my family about my protein intake, "all of the bad pills im taking" (animal pak), and my eating. my liver is getting bad and so is my kidneys. i have medicine and have to get blood work done weekly but they have got it under control. im back 100% and ready to go. looking forward to talking with you guys again and getting another event ready

bamfrblb4
07-20-09, 12:40 am
lets have our next meeting asap. how bout two weeks

BigChrisF
07-21-09, 6:15 am
I'll just have to wait and see. I've been having a rather unpleasant series of injuries lately. Neck, knee and back all this month.

bamfrblb4
07-26-09, 8:44 pm
man weve all been takin a beating lately it sounds like

BigChrisF
09-21-09, 2:44 am
So.....is our chapter dead?

C.Coronato
09-21-09, 9:58 am
Have you tried to contact any of the other guys from the thread? Or are there any other guys in the area that may not be in the board, that you think would be interested .. ?

bamfrblb4
10-06-09, 11:35 pm
I just hooked up with a couple of the guys and if everyone is ready lets get this shit rollin. first weekend in november bad for anyone?

BigChrisF
10-07-09, 12:12 am
I'm fine with that. November 7 & 8 for clarity. What are you thinking for a venue?

bamfrblb4
10-07-09, 12:15 am
yep 7th and 8th man.. before i decided i wanted to see if I remembered right, that salvation army place you lift at.. thats just during the week right.. if so is there any other place near you that you could think of.

C.Coronato
10-07-09, 9:52 am
Thats what i like to see fellas .. throw up a venue, date, and time and start a roll call. Get it moving!

C.Coronato
10-07-09, 3:42 pm
I know this is a little far, but figured i would throw it out there:

Check this thread out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...d=1#post819324

Rcrott1 is putting together a big multi-state ABC, for either a Saturday or Sunday in November.

This would be in New Buffalo, MI, so it would be a few hours drive. If a bunch of you go it could be a nice carpool, i know some guys from Ohio are making the long trip.

Hit up that thread for more info, and post up your thoughts in there.

bamfrblb4
10-08-09, 12:03 am
that would be awesome!!!!! whose in?

BigChrisF
10-08-09, 5:26 am
For the Big Session, I have a meet planned for the 21st.

For our ABC, yes the Salvation Army gym is open M-F from 3-5pm. Judy would open on a Saturday to accommodate us but it is competition season and there is one every weekend in November. I checked on Western's rec center, and they said they wouldn't do day passes for non student/faculty. A friend of mine at Western said he has had a friend come to visit and they charged $5 for the day. I'll look into it further. The high school in Canton would throw a fit if I snuck you guys in, so that is out. The YMCA isn't equipped with free weights from what I have been told, so that is no fun.

So far, the best bet would be just to do it Friday at the Salvation Army.

bamfrblb4
10-09-09, 12:30 am
would judy be able to keep the gym open an extra hour longer on a friday

BigChrisF
10-09-09, 12:49 am
I don't know. The dates we are looking at, Roger and Judy would already be gone to wherever the meet is that they are attending. I'll see about it when I go in tomorrow if Tim or Donnie would be ok with that.

BigChrisF
10-10-09, 3:01 am
Tim will be gone all that week and Donnie can't plan that far ahead, so I don't even know for sure if the gym will be open that friday.

If we bump it up a week, we could do it Friday the 30th and be open til 6 or Roger and Judy would open it up Saturday the 31st at a time we can determine to suit the needs of the people driving in.

bamfrblb4
10-12-09, 11:36 pm
let me ask around man.. i got a lot of these guys cell phone numbers.. ill get back to ya tomorrow man.. but bumping it sounds like a good idea

drufan
10-15-09, 6:13 pm
It's been quite awhile since our last abc meeting, i can't wait for another big one, I've been in the Quad Cities trying to recruit as many people as I possibly can to join. So we might be able to have a really big meeting in the QC before too long!

C.Coronato
10-16-09, 10:18 am
good to have you dru. Lets get something moving for sure.

bamfrblb4
10-18-09, 10:56 pm
hey drufan how many people do you have youre more than welcome to come with us on the 30th to macomb.. a couple of us are from the cambridge-geneseo area and are car poolin down to a gym called the salvation army. if you know of a pretty awesome gym in the cities we could have a meeting there next month or so... so big chris the 30th for sure work you down there?

BigChrisF
10-19-09, 4:27 am
Barring any unforeseen emergency, we're on for Friday October 30th at the Salvation Army. The address is 505 N Randolph St, Macomb, IL. It's in Mapquest.

bamfrblb4
10-20-09, 12:24 am
good deal

pushin_Fe
12-20-09, 9:00 pm
Whats going on my Western Illinois brothers? It been about two months since any posts on this thread and it seems that there was a gathering scheduled for Oct. 30th...was wondering how it went and if there was any other plans starting in the new year. I'm from Monmouth, which is about 30 miles north of Macomb and an hour south of the Quad Cities....let me know whats up.

BigChrisF
12-21-09, 7:37 pm
No one showed. I made preparations to accommodate those coming. It was an embarrassment. You are welcome to come down to Macomb and train whenever you want.

pushin_Fe
12-21-09, 11:12 pm
Sucks to hear no one showed...I will definally try to find a time to come down, I'll let you know when would be best for me and see what works for you. Even if we are going to be the loan Western Illinois Animals we'll still need to set up ABC, I know I can find about 3 others that lift but arent on here(on this site) that would come. Cant let this die, I know motivation or lack there of is the number one killer of gym rats!

Also I only live about 35 minutes from Macomb and have this little old school gym you could try out, we''ll figure out something after the new year.

puremx242
01-16-10, 1:45 pm
Bros I’m from central Illinois around Vandalia area do you know of any abc's or meet ups going on??

Phil800101
01-16-10, 4:05 pm
Our next session is going to be further West than normal (in Montgomery), so I figured it might not be too far for some of you guys...I dunno though, I'm not sure where people are at. Anyway, you all are invited to come out and bang some iron with the Chicago crew.

Here are the details on our next session:

Chicago Animal Barbell Club Gathering

When:

Saturday February 6 2010

Time:

Meet at 1:30, Lift at 2:00, Eat Immediately After Lifting

Where:

Jakked Hardcore Gym
1450 South East River Road, Unit D
Montgomery, IL 60538
(630) 966-8611

http://www.jakkedhardcore.com/index.html

Cost:

$6.00 Per Person For Gym, Plus Money For Food Afterwards

Remember to wear an Animal shirt.

If anybody plans on coming out, please PM me or post it up in our thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9531

drufan
01-19-10, 1:53 pm
I texted bamfrblb today and told him i"m def interested in having another meeting, macomb would be fine, or kewanee again, the problem is he never lets anyone know when anything is going on so i'm gonna work on setting up a meeting and i'll be sure to get as many people as i can to come! So if anyone is interested i'll be watchin this thread so get back to me!!!

puremx242
01-20-10, 1:17 pm
good deal im willing to drive a bit to meet up with some ppl just let me know

drufan
01-20-10, 2:05 pm
I'm working on getting everyone I know who lifts to come to the next ABC meeting, problem is I tell them to join the forum all the time but none of them do, but if we set up a meeting time and place I'll be sure that they all know what's going on!

bamfrblb4
01-23-10, 1:34 am
aw come on man you know thats not true. the last one we were suspose to have everyone was outve town. but how far is vandalia from springfield it looks kinda like its near the middle of everyone

drufan
01-24-10, 2:18 pm
Springfield would be a terrible drive for us, but i'm sure quite a few people on here have friends who go to isu in bloomington, if we could find a gym there that's about as central il as possible!

bamfrblb4
01-24-10, 2:53 pm
i know theres a golds gym there that ive hit up before

drufan
01-24-10, 6:11 pm
Ok well if we get this thing set up for a specific date i know i've got a few dudes that are willing to come, i offered to drive a few, and i'm sure you can squeeze a few in your car, we just gotta get this thing all set up. I'll be sure that those guys too lazy to join the forum know what's goin on!

bamfrblb4
01-25-10, 7:49 pm
you think our buddy sam will come.. he likes M stak?

drufan
01-26-10, 4:29 pm
sam will for sure be there, plus i have a few other buddies who will prolly be there too, a couple from lifestyle, and my powerlifting buddy from the cities, i told him to join the forum but once again everyone is too lazy to do that!

drufan
02-02-10, 1:44 pm
Well I'm gonna try to get this meeting set up asap, if anyone else plans on coming let me know, as of now it looks like it's prolly gonna happen in kewanee, but that can be changed if anyone wants to do it somewhere else!

C.Coronato
02-23-10, 10:03 am
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

bamfrblb4
03-02-10, 10:12 pm
sounds legit treetrunklegs its unfortunate that i have family comin in from minn that day

C.Coronato
03-04-10, 9:31 am
sounds legit treetrunklegs its unfortunate that i have family comin in from minn that day

No worries brother. There will be plenty more my brother.

pushin_Fe
06-21-10, 10:49 pm
1. I was wondering when or if there will be another ABC for us in Western Illinois? I know the last one didnt seem to go down that well...but dont think we should bail on this.

2. I am training for a strongman comp and one event is a overhead keg toss. I have one keg that I got for my friend who owns a scrap yard in town....but I am having problems finding more. I would like to get two or three more and would like to get them at a reasonable price(cheap to free..lol). Knowing we are all from the area I was thinking this would help spread my search.

Anyone have thoughts or ideas on either of these questions?

Phil800101
12-21-10, 2:20 am
Details are in the Chicago thread. All are welcome.

Phil800101
12-21-10, 11:03 am
Details are in the Chicago thread. All are welcome.

Same place/time, different day.

C.Coronato
02-23-11, 10:40 am

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Preston
02-24-11, 6:03 pm

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

I think I'm the only one left in the Western Illinois Area. I don't believe anyone else is active anymore in the chapter.

Phil800101
03-25-11, 2:39 pm
When:

Saturday April 23rd

Where:

Jakked Hardcore Gym
1450 S East River Road Unit D
Montgomery, IL 60538
(630) 966-8611
http://www.jakkedhardcore.com/

Time:

Meet at 1:30, lift at 2:00

Cost:

$10.00/person

Food afterwards at that family place across the parking lot.

Preston
11-08-11, 6:22 pm
1. I was wondering when or if there will be another ABC for us in Western Illinois? I know the last one didnt seem to go down that well...but dont think we should bail on this.

2. I am training for a strongman comp and one event is a overhead keg toss. I have one keg that I got for my friend who owns a scrap yard in town....but I am having problems finding more. I would like to get two or three more and would like to get them at a reasonable price(cheap to free..lol). Knowing we are all from the area I was thinking this would help spread my search.

Anyone have thoughts or ideas on either of these questions?

I'm so late, I know - but an employee of ours has many kegs on his farm. I'm sure I could score them for you, if you are still interested?

Preston
11-08-11, 6:27 pm
: I train at the Princeton Park District Metro Center -

Monday
Tuesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

If anyone lives local, and is looking for a great spot to train - this gym has a lot to offer. The average age of their clientel starts at 60, so be aware; your shit is going to get racked if you leave it. 25$/MO gives you access to all their facilities, towels, showers, lockers, swim, cardio, weight room etc.

Send me a PM if you're interested in starting "Every Saturday" type session....

pushin_Fe
11-10-11, 12:51 am
I'm so late, I know - but an employee of ours has many kegs on his farm. I'm sure I could score them for you, if you are still interested?

I'm interested for sure....just let me know whats up and we can figure out the details, price when to pick up....hit me back.

Phil800101
11-17-11, 4:34 am
When::

Saturday December 10

Time::

Meet up at 1:30, lift at 2:00.

Where::

Five Star Fitness
3595 Hennepin Drive
Joliet, IL 60431

http://www.fivestar-fitness.com/

Cost::

Should be free. First visit to gym is free, otherwise normal day pass is $10.

Food::

Tilted Kilt should be open by then. If not, there are many food options in the immediate vicinity.

As always, remember to wear your Animal/Universal gear to represent. At this gym, you are not allowed to have a gym bag on the gym floor with you, so remember to bring a lock with you if you'll need a locker. Also, we will be playing some ball on the half court when we're done lifting, so plan on that as well.

twoheadedboy
12-30-11, 11:10 pm
Anything going on with you guys? I'd be willing to come lift @ Quad Cities/Kewanee, Quincy's a little too far.

Phil800101
01-03-12, 5:14 pm
When:

Saturday February 11th

Where:

Jakked Hardcore Gym
1450 S. East River Rd, Unit D
Montgomery, IL 60538
(630) 966-8611
http://www.jakkedhardcore.com/index.php

Time:

Meet at 1:30, Lift at 2:00

Cost:

Day pass is $10

Food:

That restaurant next door.

pushin_Fe
06-01-13, 11:42 pm
Are all of us gone now?? Haven't had any of us posting here for a long time.

twoheadedboy
08-21-13, 2:04 pm
New Chicago-Area ABC scheduled!

When: Saturday, September 7th, 12pm
Where: Atlas Gym 2, Kenosha, WI http://www.atlasgym2.com/
Why: Fundraising drive for the LETR Plane Pull benefiting Special Olympics, sponsored by Phil Darin/Chicago ABC Chapter http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/chrishickman/PlanePull2013/team
Cost: TBD

Atlas Gym 2 is an awesome gym situated halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, about 5 miles east of I-94 which includes such implements as: Atlas stones, tires, kettlebells, deadlift platform, multiple power cages, competition bench, prowler, farmer's walk implements, bands, chains, deadlift platform...etc. etc. Bring your own chalk. They also have a smoothie bar.

Official post-gym eats will be at Captain Mike's Beer & Burger (& Whiskey) Bar, near the lake shore. Featuring a couple dozen craft taps (including an O'So tap exclusive to the Mike's locations, O'So being from Kenosha), the best burgers I've ever had outside of Kuma's in Chicago, over 100 whiskeys, mac & cheese of the week, and I've also seen a bloody mary that includes a mozzarella cheese stick (welcome to Wisconsin). Beer fans should also make plans to stop at Woodman's Grocery to stock up on New Glarus, only available in WI, for the cheapest prices available (you will overpay at Cheese Castle/Brat Stop/gas stations/etc.)

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm going to plan on breakfast at Frank's Diner in Kenosha (http://www.franksdinerkenosha.com/), a famous breakfast restaurant featured on the Food Network known for its garbage plates (a shit ton of meat, eggs, and potatoes basically) and the fact that it is built out of an actual boxcar, and after the ABC I plan on heading to Chicago to see Local H at the Metro for their last show with their current drummer.

Please post here if you plan to attend. I'm going to iron out the details with Atlas tonight.

Phil800101
01-01-14, 11:11 am
Date:

Saturday February 1st

Time:

1:00 PM

Quads South
745 Torrence Ave
Calumet City, IL 60409

Food:

To be determined.

Preston