PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Animals

NickSP
12-13-07, 7:01 pm
Aright boys Oregon's a pretty big state there's gotta be a few Animals, let's start it up

maxrep
12-13-07, 10:37 pm
Im here in the Oregon house..would like to see some northwest ABC. Looking for Oregon Animals out there for a lifta-gather. Times a wastin. Any ideas any place to gather??
later

maxrep
12-14-07, 10:41 am
Hey thanks whomever for fixin the "O".

maxrep
12-18-07, 11:33 am
OK Oregon let me know if your interested in puttin together a Oregon ABC. I may be able to coordinate this. Let me know here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13320

dominate77
01-19-08, 9:56 pm
i could maybe get to portland if theres ever one there

Rexor91
01-21-08, 3:54 pm
Whud up to the fella's in Oregon... I'm in Idaho and in the Boise area. Not too far from Oregon, anyone near the Idaho border like the Ontario area? I've been lookin' for some Animals in the Northwest have havn't found too many. Need to get something going for sure!

eDub
01-21-08, 8:58 pm
i'm only in oregon 3 months outa the year, but if somethin goes down this summer i'm there.

Bronzebird
01-25-08, 1:24 am
State Fair grounds has plenty of Space to GO BIG! Build It...They will come. Plenty of Colleges around to draw a young crowd. Then you have guys like me in their 40's and in the best shape ever. MMA event would be Phnomenal, do'nt you think?

maxrep
02-13-08, 6:54 pm
Yup sounds good maybe it will bring em outta the woodwork cause I been told there is lotsa power guys in my area (Silverton Salem) but i aint found any yet!!

larsen
07-14-08, 6:59 pm
I'm in Portland, sounds good when is this going down

Hellreaver
11-29-08, 6:48 pm
Don't know if this thread is still alive or not. Saw the last post was in July? You guys still trying to get a chapter together up here? I just moved back to Redmond, OR. Working in Bend, OR and I'm actually headed out today to check out some gyms. Anyways, if anyone is going to schedule a lift, let me know so that I can get the day off from work.

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 11:08 am
Hellreaver - - Ever find a gym ? Got any dudes you workout with or anyone at the gym you see would enjoy an ABC?

Hellreaver
05-13-09, 1:27 pm
Hey treetrunk, nice to see someone finally replied on this thread. I thought that perhaps everyone moved out of Oregon and I was the only one left! Well I did find a decent gym up here in Redmond, but I am in the process of moving to Bend (about 14 miles away) so I will be finding a new gym. Once I get settles there I'll let you know what gym I hook up with. Most likely it will be a 24 hour gym, as I work night shifts and I like to work out after work. I will def keep in touch.

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 1:47 pm
Sounds good brother. You can also seek out some dudes in whatever gym you hang your hat, introduce them to the site, and make some new Animals. You dont necessarily have to have an ABC of guys only from here.

Hellreaver
05-13-09, 8:14 pm
Yeah, of course. I will see who I run into. Don't see many people working out at 3am though.

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 9:53 am
Haha. Ya might be tough, but im sure if they there, then they have a good outlook on the lifting lifestyle.

JayKae
06-11-09, 7:17 pm
I'm in Portland, Oregon. Not to many posters from Oregon thats a sad thing.

C.Coronato
06-12-09, 9:30 am
Good to have you Jay. Do you lift with anyone currently?

C.Coronato
06-16-09, 4:02 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Oregon ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13320)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

JayKae
06-18-09, 5:10 am
Thanks, I just started lifting. I usally work out alone.

R.Bearse1
08-07-09, 7:29 pm
No posts in here since June? Fellas I just moved here to OR from MI. Technically it's a temporary move as I am deploying to Iraq in just under a month but I am stoked about my return here from the deployment and highly anticipate that I will be staying here. Sorry I can not contribute much this year due to deployment but I was side by side with Rcrott1 when he got the Detroit ABC off the ground and am definately fired up to be a part of any and all OR ABC(s) that start.

I am and will most likely stay in the Roseburg/Winchester/Eugene region. Anyone close to there? I'm currently living out of the Charlie Company 1-186th INF Armory and lifting in the weightroom here.

Hellreaver
08-08-09, 6:02 am
Hey R.Bearse, good to see some life on this thread. How's the lifting room in there? Can't imagine it's as nice as a real gym, but some of the posts I've been to have decent gyms. When is your deployment? Who you going with? MOS? Are you guard, reserve, active? One of these days maybe I can skip up there and lift with ya.

R.Bearse1
08-09-09, 5:03 pm
Hey R.Bearse, good to see some life on this thread. How's the lifting room in there? Can't imagine it's as nice as a real gym, but some of the posts I've been to have decent gyms. When is your deployment? Who you going with? MOS? Are you guard, reserve, active? One of these days maybe I can skip up there and lift with ya.

I've got a bench with 4 plates,2:35lb plates, 4:25lb, 4:10
DB's from 25 up through 65
2 OLY Bars
Squat rack
Cable Machine w/ Leg press, lat pull down, Pec Deck and then any other workouts you can get from those things. Tri push down rope and str8 bar.

So all in all it actually isn't that bad. lol

I'm on a bird to Camp shelby Mississippi on the 18th then from there I'm not sure of my time table but they are saying it shouldn't be more than a month. I'm going with Charlie Company 1-186 INF. I am 11B, Infantry. National Guard. I'm here in the armory 24/7, sleepin on a cot, lol. Shoot me a PM if ur thinkin of coming. I'm sure the guys here wouldn't mind.

C.Coronato
08-10-09, 9:41 am
Looking good fellas. Glad to see Oregon is back up and at em. Good luck out there soldier.

R.Bearse1
08-11-09, 12:44 pm
Looking good fellas. Glad to see Oregon is back up and at em. Good luck out there soldier.

Thanks bro. I plan to help our co-ordinator here in OR blow up our ABC's once I'm home and can devote the time and effort into it.

Reaver- hit me up on my cell at 248 798 3539. I'm stuck here til the end of the month cuz Shelby can't take me just yet. If you can make a trip I would definately be down for a workout.

shortstack
08-18-09, 3:09 pm
Hey Oregon Animals,

I'm probably going to be in or around the Portland area Mon 25th-Thursday 27th for work. Any of you guys work or live in that area and maybe want to get together?

I don't know yet when I'll get in or when I'll be leaving or even how the schedule is but I'm defenitally hitting the gym sometime. If anyone in that area wants to get together, shoot me a PM and let me know

Shortstack

R.Bearse1
08-18-09, 9:02 pm
Hey Oregon Animals,

I'm probably going to be in or around the Portland area Mon 25th-Thursday 27th for work. Any of you guys work or live in that area and maybe want to get together?

I don't know yet when I'll get in or when I'll be leaving or even how the schedule is but I'm defenitally hitting the gym sometime. If anyone in that area wants to get together, shoot me a PM and let me know

Shortstack

If I had a vehicle I'd be there for sure. but I'm restricted in where I can go cuz I have no wheels bro, sorry

Einherjer
12-16-09, 7:42 am
What's goin on, Oregon Animals. I only recently became a member of the forum, but I've been coming to animalpak.com for a longass time. What's goin on with this chapter? I live in the Eugene area, and go to gym generally at like 2:30AM, but am willing to switch it up every now and again (anyone else in this area who works out late, hit me
up).

HIGA MONSTER
12-16-09, 9:00 am
What's goin on, Oregon Animals. I only recently became a member of the forum, but I've been coming to animalpak.com for a longass time. What's goin on with this chapter? I live in the Eugene area, and go to gym generally at like 2:30AM, but am willing to switch it up every now and again (anyone else in this area who works out late, hit me
up).

I always go to Hood River for Christmas. My in-laws live there.
If anyone wants to ever workout at a good gym in Hood River, "BIG GYM" is a great place to train.

$10 drop in fee, or if you know a current member of the gym and they walk in with you, its only $5.
They play some good classic rock in the gym really LOUD too.

I'm going to be doing some heavy squats at "BIG GYM" next Saturday 12/26, if anyone is around! I'm hoping more of the Oregon Animals pickup on this thread...there are alot of guys that lift iron in that state.

HIGA MONSTER

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 2:15 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

maxrep
07-19-10, 11:54 pm
OK fellas

Im headed out to the jungle on foster rd Portland to check out their stack of weights tomorrow. Checkin it out for a possible iron feed for the Oregon Animals. Its slow goin here in Oregon.

HIGA MONSTER
07-20-10, 12:47 am
OK fellas

Im headed out to the jungle on foster rd Portland to check out their stack of weights tomorrow. Checkin it out for a possible iron feed for the Oregon Animals. Its slow goin here in Oregon.

Hey bro,
I might be in Hood River, OR this weekend to visit my in laws.
My daughter is going to be spending the week there starting tomorrow. I will let you know if I'm able to get a workout with you.
Even if I stop in the Portland area, its a possibility.

Hope it works out,
HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
07-20-10, 1:04 am
I should be there around 11 or so. 5623 SE Center Street, Portland, OR 97206. tues 19th.

HIGA MONSTER
07-20-10, 1:17 am
I should be there around 11 or so. 5623 SE Center Street, Portland, OR 97206. tues 19th.

You mean Tuesday the 20th?

If so, then I won't be in Hood River till either late Friday night or Sat morning.
Keep you posted if plans change, but thats the proposed schedule man.

Thanks again,
HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
07-20-10, 1:19 am
yea the 20th thanks

maxrep
07-20-10, 1:22 am
have a safe drive bro. theres cazy drivers out that way, thanks for the reply we will see u somtime

HIGA MONSTER
07-26-10, 3:05 pm
FYI,
I am going to be in the Hood River, OR area this weekend. (Friday-Monday)

Will be hitting a workout on Saturday and Monday morning at:

Big Gym Inc.
(541) 387-4504

1813 Cascade Ave
Hood River, OR 97031

If none of you have never worked out at this place, its awesome. They even got a heavy bag and rock climbing wall.
Last time I was there, there were 2 guys in Animal shirts working out. Gonna try and connect with them again if possible.

Aloha,
HIGA

maxrep
07-27-10, 10:01 pm
I will try an make it there!

Hellreaver
07-27-10, 11:07 pm
Wish I could make it there, but that's almost 150 miles for me.

HIGA MONSTER
07-27-10, 11:40 pm
I will try an make it there!
Right on bro! What time on Saturday would be good for you to workout?
The mid-morning would be better for me if possible. Like 10am or 11am start time?

Wish I could make it there, but that's almost 150 miles for me.
No worries man. Hopefully, we can get this chapter going!

HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
07-28-10, 1:20 am
Hood Rivers a little further than I thought so I dont think I will make it for sure.

HIGA MONSTER
07-28-10, 1:39 am
Hood Rivers a little further than I thought so I dont think I will make it for sure.

Where do you live?
Its an hour and a half drive east of Portland, off of I-84.

HIGA

maxrep
07-28-10, 2:04 pm
Im all down in silverton an hour so of portland.

HIGA MONSTER
07-28-10, 11:26 pm
Im all down in silverton an hour so of portland.

I know exactly where that is.
I used to live in Corvallis.

Oh well, maybe next time bro.

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
07-29-10, 1:55 am
I spoke to Big Gym tonight...I got 3 guys to come meet me for a workout on Saturday!

One of them is an employee at the gym too.
All 3 of these guys were wearing Animal shirts when I last worked out there in January.

Hopefully, we can make this an official ABC in Oregon!
I'm able to bring the banners down too and hang them in the gym.

HIGA

maxrep
07-29-10, 2:37 pm
Alright I am glad to see somthin goin here Thanx for the help HIGA!. My home gym is the only gym in town and it is NOT set up nor does the owner want the hardcore stuff. I am considering opening up my own gym here finding the stuff on craiglist and such. I want low overhead loud music and lots of iron that reaks with hardcore. I fly jets for a livin so Im gone 4 days a week and somtime off 10. Im on a tight budget so I am going to keep lookin for old school iron.

THANKS MAN!!!

maxrep
07-29-10, 3:04 pm
I spoke to Big Gym tonight...I got 3 guys to come meet me for a workout on Saturday!

One of them is an employee at the gym too.
All 3 of these guys were wearing Animal shirts when I last worked out there in January.

Hopefully, we can make this an official ABC in Oregon!
I'm able to bring the banners down too and hang them in the gym.

HIGA

What time or time of day u gonna be there Saturday

HIGA MONSTER
07-30-10, 1:46 am
What time or time of day u gonna be there Saturday

10am start time bro.
Hope you can make it.

HIGA

C.Coronato
07-30-10, 9:45 am
Have fun this weekend! Enjoy!

HIGA MONSTER
07-31-10, 12:16 pm
Have fun this weekend! Enjoy!

Thanks bro!
I'm leaving in 10 minutes to head to the Big Gym. Just slammed a bowl of oatmeal, Animal Pak, Animal Flex and 6 Beef Aminos.

Shock Therapy is on standby...

HIGA

maxrep
07-31-10, 2:02 pm
Have a good one bro's, I should be there but im not. I will try next time. Thanx for settin this up HIGA.

HIGA MONSTER
07-31-10, 8:39 pm
Have a good one bro's, I should be there but im not. I will try next time. Thanx for settin this up HIGA.

Yea man, wish you could have been there too.
Will keep you posted if I am in the area next time.

I will have lots of pictures uploaded tomorrow when I get back to Seattle. It was a great time and a beautiful, sunny day in Hood River!

HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
07-31-10, 11:06 pm
Thanks
Looking forward to the pics.
This is a good start for the Northwest Animals. We should set a date for the next meet.

Hellreaver
08-01-10, 3:30 am
And a place more centrally located. I think HR is a little far from most of us. I could be wrong though.

HIGA MONSTER
08-02-10, 3:43 am
Thanks
Looking forward to the pics.

Pictures are up! Check em out on the "Gallery" thread.

Aloha,
HIGA

Hellreaver
08-02-10, 8:42 am
Awesome pics bro. Heavy lifting there (especially that sandwich)! Man, love to get some more stuff going. Good stuff man, good stuff.

maxrep
08-02-10, 3:06 pm
I'm in Portland, sounds good when is this going down

Hey Larsen

My wife an I had a great workout up there. We met Noel. Nice guy. He offered to train me. Would like to get a meet there sometime. The fellas had a good one up in Hood River. Thanks for bringing me up ta date on the gym. Hardcore!

HIGA MONSTER
10-06-10, 5:05 pm
FYI,
My family and I are thinking of driving down to Kah-nee-tah, Oregon on Veteran's Day weekend.

If any of you bros want to workout, let me know.
I'm thinking I will be free on Sat Nov 13th to workout, but I can't go further than Madras. Hell, I don't know if Madras even has a good gym in town to workout at!

Let me know. Its not set in stone, but more than likely will happen. Just throwing it out there, so that we can get the Oregon chapter more involved as much as possible.

Holla,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-11-10, 5:08 pm
I will be in Hood River on 10/22-10/24.

If any of you Oregonians are out there and wanna catch a workout with me, I plan to workout at BIG GYM on Sat morning 10/23.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-13-10, 2:01 pm
But I will try again.

I just got off the phone with Big Gym of Hood River.
Mathias is willing to workout with me again, and another guy named Joe at 8am on Sat 10/23. Be there or be square...

If any others want to workout with us, please let me know.

HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
10-13-10, 2:09 pm
work has got me down man. I have not been gettin wekends off for awhile. thanks for the invite

HIGA MONSTER
10-14-10, 12:55 am
work has got me down man. I have not been gettin wekends off for awhile. thanks for the invite

Bummers dude. Hopefully one day we can hook up.

HIGA MONSTERT

HIGA MONSTER
10-21-10, 10:00 am
I'm still headed to Hood River, OR tomorrow.

So far, there are only 2 guys from Big Gym that are meeting me to workout on Sat.
Wish more of the Beaver state could get together and make a bigger ABC someday...

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-22-10, 4:02 pm
I'm about to leave for Hood River.

Working out at 8:30am tomorrow at BIG GYM (Hood River) if anyone wants to join.
Meeting 2 guys there.

Have a good weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
10-23-10, 2:30 pm
Had a good workout this morning with Joe and Mathias at BIG GYM today in Hood River.

If any of you are in the Hood River area while traveling, you gotta hit this gym up.
Hope to get this chapter bigger in the future. I will be back in this area on Thanksgiving if anyone is out there.

Holla,
HIGA MONSTER

kc campbell
12-11-10, 1:59 am
I'll be moving to Corvallis at the end of the month to attend OSU. Lookin forward to hopefully gettin together with some guys sometime. Doesnt really matter where to me. Just lookin to make a few homies.

C.Coronato
02-21-11, 9:29 am
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

Cascade
03-25-11, 10:49 pm
Sup guys. Live in Corvallis, OR. Just wanted to join the club. Hopefully we can all get together soon.

kc campbell
03-26-11, 1:23 pm
Sup guys. Live in Corvallis, OR. Just wanted to join the club. Hopefully we can all get together soon.

Wassup man, you going to school at OSU?

Cascade
03-26-11, 3:00 pm
Yeah, I saw your post man. We need to train together. Need to make some allies against all those goons in the school gym.

maxrep
03-27-11, 8:09 pm
Gonna get together in Molalla mid to late May. search the site for oregon animals roster. hope you can make it
date is pending

HIGA MONSTER
03-27-11, 8:48 pm
Gonna get together in Molalla mid to late May. search the site for oregon animals roster. hope you can make it
date is pending
Thats great man. Good luck with that and I hope the Oregonian Animals get bigger!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
03-27-11, 9:08 pm
To the Oregon and Southern Washington Animals,

I will be doing some exhibitions at the "NPC Vancouver USA Natural Bodybuilding Championships" this Sat, April 2nd.

http://www.northwestbodybuilding.net/

At Noon, I will be doing a Stone Shouldering exhibition during the pre-judging.
Then during the Finals intermission at around 8:30pm, I am going to do a "500 lb Deadlift for reps" and will bring da muthafuckin house down at that time.

We will have a small table there with the ANIMAL PAK and UNIVERSAL banners hanging proudly and I will throw out a couple of t-shirts out to any worthy Animal Pak fans in the crowd.

Stop by if you can, or tell any one in the Portland, Oregon area that the HIGA MONSTER is gonna be there lifting heavy shit at the 2nd biggest bodybuilding contest in Washington state.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Cascade
03-27-11, 9:38 pm
date is pending

I'm down... pending I can swipe the car from my wife. What gym do you train at out there?

maxrep
03-27-11, 9:55 pm
I am at Cutting Edge Fitness Molalla ,,will post updates for the meet
thanks for responding

kc campbell
03-28-11, 8:50 pm

I will be doing some exhibitions at the "NPC Vancouver USA Natural Bodybuilding Championships" this Sat, April 2nd.

Then during the Finals intermission at around 8:30pm, I am going to do a "500 lb Deadlift for reps" and will bring da muthafuckin house down at that time.

We will have a small table there with the ANIMAL PAK and UNIVERSAL banners hanging proudly and I will throw out a couple of t-shirts out to any worthy Animal Pak fans in the crowd.

Stop by if you can, or tell any one in the Portland, Oregon area that the HIGA MONSTER is gonna be there lifting heavy shit at the 2nd biggest bodybuilding contest in Washington state.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Sounds legit to me, I'm in.

kc campbell
03-28-11, 8:51 pm
I am at Cutting Edge Fitness Molalla ,,will post updates for the meet
thanks for responding

Lookin forward to it.

Cascade
03-28-11, 8:59 pm

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Wish I could, but I got a big hiking/climbing trip planned this weekend. Next time man. Kill it Higa.

HIGA MONSTER
03-29-11, 1:11 am
Sounds legit to me, I'm in.
Right on man! I will be in Vancouver on Friday night.
Call me when you are in town. Will be good to see you again bro.

Wish I could, but I got a big hiking/climbing trip planned this weekend. Next time man. Kill it Higa.
Bummers bro. Hope to meet you soon.

HIGA MONSTER

Cascade
05-22-11, 11:44 pm
Popped my head into Loprinzi's today while the wife and I were running errands in the city. I have heard of the legend of this place while training at Downings Gym here in Corvallis it lives up to its rep. Open, in the same location, since 1948, Loprinzi's was one of the first gyms in the country to get a full set of Nautilus equipment and they still have GLOBE DUMBELLS! I spoke with Bob, the current owner/manager and he said he would be happy to have us. We would have to pay the $8 fee, but its worth it. I told him June/July. Hell, it could be earlier.

I hope that since this is IN Portland we can get some of our Washington brethren to come down. This place is freaking classic. This should not be missed.

Link: http://www.loprinzisgym.com/

HIGA MONSTER
05-23-11, 12:21 am
Popped my head into Loprinzi's today while the wife and I were running errands in the city. I have heard of the legend of this place while training at Downings Gym here in Corvallis it lives up to its rep. Open, in the same location, since 1948, Loprinzi's was one of the first gyms in the country to get a full set of Nautilus equipment and they still have GLOBE DUMBELLS! I spoke with Bob, the current owner/manager and he said he would be happy to have us. We would have to pay the $8 fee, but its worth it. I told him June/July. Hell, it could be earlier.

I hope that since this is IN Portland we can get some of our Washington brethren to come down. This place is freaking classic. This should not be missed.

Link: http://www.loprinzisgym.com/
NICE!

I had heard of this place, but never been there. I am out most of June, but July is possible. Keep me posted!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
07-02-11, 5:38 pm
I will be in Hood River, Oregon for my wife's 20th high school reunion.

Are any of you interested in meeting me for an ABC at "Big Gym"?
I am working out there right now and the owner said he would be down to host another one here.

I text Ben Seath and BIG BEN to see if the Aberdeen boys would want to do a road trip that weekend, but no response.
My sister in law can get a great rate at the Best Western Hood River Inn that she works at. Almost $40 a night for a ELITE hotel and killer restaurant/bar.

TMunnel from the Universal USA Forum has already said that he would make the trip from Ellensburg, WA to Hood River for this possible ABC. Any other takers?

Let me know. Gotta finish up my workout here...

HIGA MONSTER

maxrep
07-03-11, 12:26 pm
Thanks for the invite. I will try another time I am on call right now for work. Hope you have a great 4th!.

Cascade
07-03-11, 12:31 pm
I'll look into it. Might have the parents in town, granted, my Dad would love to see an ABC.

Seath308
07-04-11, 2:06 am
i will be in hood river, oregon for my wife's 20th high school reunion.

Are any of you interested in meeting me for an abc at "big gym"?
I am working out there right now and the owner said he would be down to host another one here.

I text ben seath and big ben to see if the aberdeen boys would want to do a road trip that weekend, but no response.
My sister in law can get a great rate at the best western hood river inn that she works at. Almost $40 a night for a elite hotel and killer restaurant/bar.

Tmunnel from the universal usa forum has already said that he would make the trip from ellensburg, wa to hood river for this possible abc. Any other takers?

Higa monster

i am down for sure!!!!

Mr. Dead
07-05-11, 6:22 pm
I will be in Hood River, Oregon for my wife's 20th high school reunion.

Are any of you interested in meeting me for an ABC at "Big Gym"?

I text Ben Seath and BIG BEN to see if the Aberdeen boys would want to do a road trip that weekend, but no response.
My sister in law can get a great rate at the Best Western Hood River Inn that she works at. Almost $40 a night for a ELITE hotel and killer restaurant/bar.

TMunnel from the Universal USA Forum has already said that he would make the trip from Ellensburg, WA to Hood River for this possible ABC. Any other takers?

HIGA MONSTER

i am down for sure!!!!

Let me know, if this is solidified, and I'll post it up, in the Calendar... (My anniversary is that weekend, so I won't be able to attend...)

Cascade
08-02-11, 10:06 pm
http://www.giantsgym.com/

Stopped in here and they said they would love to have us. I want to just get some talk going. I was thinking August 27th or September 3rd, both Saturdays.

I'm going to make a few flyers and post them here in Corvallis as well as at Giants, see who we can get.

HIGA MONSTER
08-03-11, 2:23 am
http://www.giantsgym.com/

Stopped in here and they said they would love to have us. I want to just get some talk going. I was thinking August 27th or September 3rd, both Saturdays.

I'm going to make a few flyers and post them here in Corvallis as well as at Giants, see who we can get.
Might be able to do 8/27 because I got shut down for an ABC at United Gym in Seattle this morning. WTF?

Will advise,
HIGA MONSTER

Cascade
08-03-11, 12:26 pm
Might be able to do 8/27 because I got shut down for an ABC at United Gym in Seattle this morning. WTF?

Will advise,
HIGA MONSTER

Damn son. Brutal, how can they refuse that hawaiian charm!

Cascade
08-03-11, 3:12 pm
After checking out United Gym, I'm surprised they shot you down. They look kinda of small, maybe they were afraid of having too many big dudes at one time?

HIGA MONSTER
08-05-11, 1:25 am
Damn son. Brutal, how can they refuse that hawaiian charm!

After checking out United Gym, I'm surprised they shot you down. They look kinda of small, maybe they were afraid of having too many big dudes at one time?
I was tripping out too. The manager didn't even let me finish my sales pitch on the phone of how awesome an ABC would be at his gym. Heard a "click" before I could even say "thank you for your time"...

Oh well,
HIGA MONSTER

Cascade
08-05-11, 11:20 am
DAMN! Thats so cold. We should just go there and work out on a day pass. With your strong lifts and my solid hair, how could they say no in person!

Higa, how is the 27th sounding? If I can get you and maybe Seath or MD it would be worth going down. It sounded like the trainers at Giants would join us.

HIGA MONSTER
08-05-11, 11:40 am
DAMN! Thats so cold. We should just go there and work out on a day pass. With your strong lifts and my solid hair, how could they say no in person!

Higa, how is the 27th sounding? If I can get you and maybe Seath or MD it would be worth going down. It sounded like the trainers at Giants would join us.
Let me check with my wife. Right now, we have no plans but could possibly make a day trip down to Portland.

We fly out to Quebec on 8/31 thats why for a contest I'm doing in Gatineau.

HIGA

Cascade
08-05-11, 12:15 pm
Oui, oui. Alright bro, well it would be awesome to see you and the family. I'm going to get the flyers out to Giants this weekend and spread the word at Downing's.

Cascade
08-09-11, 9:08 pm
Left a message with Giants about the 27th. Still waiting to hear from the owner. Sorry guys.

HIGA MONSTER
08-10-11, 9:56 am
Yo,

My family and I are headed down to Oregon today. Staying at a friend's house in Albany.
Pretty sure I'm going to get an early AM workout tomorrow at 5am if your interested at this gym:

Fitness Experience, Inc.
1715 Hill Street SE, Albany, OR 97322
(541) 917-3488   (541) 917-3888 (Fax) ‎

I need to blaze through the workout and leave at 5:45am thats why because we are leaving Albany by 6:45am so that we can get to Crater Lake early.

I will PM my cell to you.

HIGA MONSTER

Mr. Dead
09-07-11, 2:32 pm
Anything looming on the horizon, over here...???

maxrep
09-07-11, 4:25 pm
Anything looming on the horizon, over here...???

I am having leg day tomorrow 9-8 at my gym in Mollalla Oregon. Anyone wanna join I will be there 2ish. pm me if you gonna make it. and I can be flexable on time. Kudos to my wife ,,,she is training hard for the 7 feathers contest in Oct...way to go hon!

QuikNutZ
09-20-12, 7:29 pm
im just getting into lifting but give me a few months and i would love to learn more about this... im in the s.e. portland area...

QuikNutZ
10-25-12, 2:51 pm
im here in portland and in need of some guidence from someone who knows what they are talking about and not some guy who tells you what you want to hear... im new to the whole weight training thing and a little late at 36yrs old... i started about 2 months ago and went from 148 to 166lbs but am stuck now... i want to get to a solid 180-205 and be able to hit weight like the rest of the people i see... i currently am working out of the house but have access to 24hr fitness and am joining crunch gym when they open in jan 2013... If you have the time to help out let me know... i want to become a ANIMAL!!!

Cascade
03-23-13, 10:58 pm
Quik,

Things in OR are slow bro. I've been away from the site for awhile now, but I would be happy to train with you if I ever have something planned for the Portland area. I live in Corvallis.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and check out the Seattle Animals, Grant Higa runs a solid club and its worth heading up there for a day to train with them.

QuikNutZ
07-15-13, 10:38 pm
Quik,

Things in OR are slow bro. I've been away from the site for awhile now, but I would be happy to train with you if I ever have something planned for the Portland area. I live in Corvallis.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and check out the Seattle Animals, Grant Higa runs a solid club and its worth heading up there for a day to train with them.

Whats it take to get something up and runnin? Not tryin to be a pain in the ass but what does it take to get a chapter up and running? I do thank Universal/Animal as they were the first supps i took and feel i owe what lil size i have to them. Id love to see some support coming from oregon for you all. If you have the time or know who i should reach out to so i can see if i can make it happen that would be great. Thank you,Kurt

QuikNutZ
07-31-13, 10:17 pm
Quik,

I appreciate it!!! I would love to have some help and guidence in becoming a ANIMAL... I may be smaller than others but ill make up for it with the never back down attitude.

I cant believe nobody in oregon is doing an ABC... wtf???

HIGA MONSTER
08-01-13, 9:57 am
Whats it take to get something up and runnin? Not tryin to be a pain in the ass but what does it take to get a chapter up and running? I do thank Universal/Animal as they were the first supps i took and feel i owe what lil size i have to them. Id love to see some support coming from oregon for you all. If you have the time or know who i should reach out to so i can see if i can make it happen that would be great. Thank you,Kurt

I appreciate it!!! I would love to have some help and guidence in becoming a ANIMAL... I may be smaller than others but ill make up for it with the never back down attitude.

I cant believe nobody in oregon is doing an ABC... wtf???
Hey bro,
I will be in Redmond, OR this Saturday refereeing a strongman contest.

http://www.nastrongman.com/pdf/2013/strongman2013_Oregon%20State.pdf

Don't know if your in the area this weekend, and I know its far from Portland but wanted to share the info.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

QuikNutZ
08-02-13, 2:13 am
Hey bro,
I will be in Redmond, OR this Saturday refereeing a strongman contest.

http://www.nastrongman.com/pdf/2013/strongman2013_Oregon%20State.pdf

Don't know if your in the area this weekend, and I know its far from Portland but wanted to share the info.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

WOW!!! What a honor. I have a Mushball (16" softball) tournament sat & possibly sun if we advance or i would find a way down there!!! Thank you so much for the oppertunity. Maybe something will workout in the future. Thank you,Kurt

GoldieLocks
08-07-13, 1:53 am
I travel down to Oregon at least twice a month (when I'm not on a plane somewhere else) - totally hit me up and I'll do my best to swing by as well, I got my big toothy grin I can get a few more animals headed our way :D :D :D

QuikNutZ
08-09-13, 10:07 pm
I travel down to Oregon at least twice a month (when I'm not on a plane somewhere else) - totally hit me up and I'll do my best to swing by as well, I got my big toothy grin I can get a few more animals headed our way :D :D :D

That would be great. Let me know when your next trip is and ill see if we can meet up.

psiked
03-17-14, 5:18 pm
Just North of Portland (Longview, WA) but too far South for the Seattle chapter. I didn't sift through the entire thread (shoot me now) and no one has posted for 6 months, so I'm here now. Any news of late with gatherings?

psiked
03-17-14, 5:49 pm
Now I have sifted through the thread. No one has posted forever, and it looks like Higa has been the main support for this chapter. I'm working out at 1826 Elite Fitness in Kelso, WA right now, it's a small gym not really tailored to the hardcore (except for the giant poster of big Lou and myself getting odd looks for screaming through deadlifts) but there isn't much else. I'm motivated to start helping you guys get some shit organized in the Portland area (I'm only 30 miles North as it stands), I'll be moving in the next month or so and won't have a gym at all, but I got a barn and started collecting my own gear. We've got one of the biggest states around, and after playing football all over, I'd say we have enough hay-tossers to make this thing shine. Higa, next time you come down I'll give my all to at least come out and hand you a seltzer. I'm not going to write a novel, so I'll just keep it at I got some extra time and I'll help out anyway I can. Anybody need a spot, hit me up.

Ksnook60
03-17-14, 7:45 pm
That would be great. Let me know when your next trip is and ill see if we can meet up.I'm down! Pretty new to the Forvm, been pushin heavy iron for a couple years now and lovin it! I have a small team put together. We can't always get togeter due to schedule conflicts, but would like to put something together. We train at Olympic Gym in Gresham. I see Maxrep trains in Mollala. I heard that's a pretty good little gym also. Let's do this!

HIGA MONSTER
03-19-14, 1:03 am
Now I have sifted through the thread. No one has posted forever, and it looks like Higa has been the main support for this chapter. I'm working out at 1826 Elite Fitness in Kelso, WA right now, it's a small gym not really tailored to the hardcore (except for the giant poster of big Lou and myself getting odd looks for screaming through deadlifts) but there isn't much else. I'm motivated to start helping you guys get some shit organized in the Portland area (I'm only 30 miles North as it stands), I'll be moving in the next month or so and won't have a gym at all, but I got a barn and started collecting my own gear. We've got one of the biggest states around, and after playing football all over, I'd say we have enough hay-tossers to make this thing shine. Higa, next time you come down I'll give my all to at least come out and hand you a seltzer. I'm not going to write a novel, so I'll just keep it at I got some extra time and I'll help out anyway I can. Anybody need a spot, hit me up.
Haha, right on bro.

My in-laws live in Hood River, so I usually get a workout at Power Station/Hood River CrossFit while I am visiting.

HIGA MONSTER

psiked
03-19-14, 12:40 pm
I figured it had to be something like that when I read all your trips to HR. I normally visit that area for MTB, but less lately since Post Canyon has been decimated the last couple years, now I'll have another excuse to get out there.

Ksnook60
03-22-14, 2:07 am
Haha, right on bro.

My in-laws live in Hood River, so I usually get a workout at Power Station/Hood River CrossFit while I am visiting.

HIGA MONSTERHey HIGA, was talking with a guy at work today about training. He was talking about his trainer up your way and your name came up. I told him I see you on the forum and he asked if I would give you a shout for him. So,,,,Hernandez Williams asked me to tell you he says hello. I have a meet coming up in April, then one in June. After that I'm open to help Get this Oregon Animals thing rollin. Any thing I can do holler at me. If I can help, I'm there.

Later

HIGA MONSTER
03-22-14, 11:20 pm
Hey HIGA, was talking with a guy at work today about training. He was talking about his trainer up your way and your name came up. I told him I see you on the forum and he asked if I would give you a shout for him. So,,,,Hernandez Williams asked me to tell you he says hello. I have a meet coming up in April, then one in June. After that I'm open to help Get this Oregon Animals thing rollin. Any thing I can do holler at me. If I can help, I'm there.

Later
Holy shit, I used to train Hernandez at the Bally's in Renton.

He still work at Boeing Renton?

Thanks for the heads up.
HIGA MONSTER

Ksnook60
03-22-14, 11:30 pm
Holy shit, I used to train Hernandez at the Bally's in Renton.

He still work at Boeing Renton?

Thanks for the heads up.
HIGA MONSTER

No, he transfered to Boeing Portland, probably a couple years ago now. When I told him I could get ahold of you through the forum he got a little excited. You're welcome for the shout out brother.
Snook

psiked
03-27-14, 2:22 pm
Anybody attending any of the PL meets coming up?

HIGA MONSTER
03-28-14, 12:42 pm
Anybody attending any of the PL meets coming up?
I know that Seath308 is competing in the Hardcore Powerlifting meet up here at the "Emerald Cup" on 4/26

HIGA MONSTER

psiked
03-28-14, 3:46 pm
I'll be attending but not competing, should be a fun event. See you guys there.

HIGA MONSTER
03-28-14, 5:34 pm
I'll be attending but not competing, should be a fun event. See you guys there.
I won't be there...will be in Philly & Delaware that weekend for a Strongman contest AND the Delaware ABC at Big Al's gym.

HIGA MONSTER

psiked
03-28-14, 5:51 pm
I won't be there...will be in Philly & Delaware that weekend for a Strongman contest AND the Delaware ABC at Big Al's gym.

HIGA MONSTER

eh, next time then. Good luck at the strongman

HIGA MONSTER
04-10-14, 12:22 am
I am lifting at the "Sports Performance Center" this Saturday morning, if any of you are in the area of the Beavers...let me fuckin know.

Deadlifts & Squats will happen Sat morning, while 50 of the Oregon State football players are there working out too.

HIGA MONSTER

Tony Montgomery
12-28-16, 6:13 pm
What's up guys, this thread has been dead for awhile. Wanted to reach out to see if there are any lifters in the Portland area looking to get some training in?

HIGA MONSTER
08-17-18, 4:44 pm
** PORTLAND, OREGON **

The Higa Monster is coming to revive your state with an ABC this September!

Sunday
Sept 9, 2018

9am-11am Pacific time

Strength Union
1777 Pershing Street
Portland, OR 97202

The home of powerlifters Tony Montgomery Jr, Ryan Stills and Shawn Doyle.

** FREE admission only if you wear an ANIMAL PAK shirt.
Otherwise, you must pay a $10 drop-in fee at the door.

Animal product samples/swag will be given to all participants.

For more information, click on the website below:
https://www.strengthunion.com/

Hope to see you there!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
09-03-18, 7:51 pm
20 people have messaged Strength Union so far saying that they are coming to the ABC this Sunday.

Let's hope more of the Oregon Animals show up to attend!
See you on Sunday at 9am

Thanks,
HIGA MONSTER