PDA

View Full Version : SportPharma: Discussion Thread

norrim1
12-13-07, 8:03 pm
I noticed a thread earlier about Universal Nutrition purchasing this company and J-Dawg said that we could begin discussing it in this section. I, like many others, would like to know more about it. I figured we could use this thread to talk about the supplements. Any input would be great and could teach us all a lot about these new products. So maybe we could use this thread to talk it over and answer any questions that we can come up with.

BigAnt
12-13-07, 8:08 pm
Was a good company, was very focused on sport performance supplemts like
Universal-Animal...They had a good product line...

norrim1
12-13-07, 8:13 pm
Here's what we are looking at for the future fellas:

November 16, 2007 - Universal Nutrition, a leading global sports nutrition and supplement manufacturer headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey recently acquired the SportPharma nutrition brand. Founded in 1989, SportPharma has been well known through the years for their quality sports nutrition supplements and protein powders, both domestically and internationally.

Universal will uphold the brand's original identity as a leader in innovative and proven but value-driven sports nutrition formulations. To that end, Universal will re-launch former products with established histories, such as the fat burner Thermadrene and whey protein product Just Whey, as well as brand new ones such as Beta Alanine and Multi-V.

SportPharma brand products will also bear new labels. Again, in keeping with the original intent and identity, the new labels will be heavily influenced from the 1990s, though updated for today. The original bold yellow and blue combination will reappear on all the SportPharma labels. Universal will also revive the brand's motto, "Quality You Can Build On". All SportPharma products will be manufactured at Universal's state-of-the-art production facilities.

Jimmy
12-13-07, 8:31 pm
just went to the sport pharma website. nuttin much goin on except it says, founded in 1989 - will be reborn in early 08

guess we'll just have to stay tuned,

im very excited to see how this will compliment the universal/animal line of products

krazyassmexican
12-13-07, 8:35 pm
Was a good company, was very focused on sport performance supplemts like
Universal-Animal...They had a good product line...

in myspace you got a pic rockin a sport pharma tank top
i guess it is really good

NickSP
12-13-07, 8:54 pm
I don't care what they call it but I, for one, can't wait for beta alanine

krazyassmexican
12-13-07, 8:58 pm
I don't care what they call it but I, for one, can't wait for beta alanine

yeah me neither i feel like i am cheatin on my girl
by buyin beta alanine from another company

from what i heard it will come under the sporpharma label

NickSP
12-13-07, 9:06 pm
yeah me neither i feel like i am cheatin on my girl
by buyin beta alanine from another company

from what i heard it will come under the sporpharma label

haha That's why I posted it under this thread, did you read the UN excerpt that norrim posted?

krazyassmexican
12-13-07, 9:11 pm
haha That's why I posted it under this thread, did you read the UN excerpt that norrim posted?

yes know i gotta go and confess
cuz i am cheating =(

BigAnt
12-14-07, 8:27 pm
in myspace you got a pic rockin a sport pharma tank top
i guess it is really good

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I used their Just Whey and Thermadrene...back in the day...all good stuff!

krazyassmexican
12-28-07, 6:35 pm
so i went to my supplement store
to buy some pak and rolled oats
and some lonely big ass bag grabed my attention

it was staring at me with a cute face hahaha

it was a 6lbs bag of the rich chocolate sportpharma whey
price= 29dollars

sounds nice huh?
well each scoop has 27grams of protein, 3grams of carbs, 1gram of fiber, and 1gram of sugar

from my understanding that gram of sugar is comming from sucralose

so i came back home with pak, oats and sportpharma whey

norrim1
12-28-07, 6:38 pm
so i went to my supplement store
to buy some pak and rolled oats
and some lonely big ass bag grabed my attention

it was staring at me with a cute face hahaha

it was a 6lbs bag of the rich chocolate sportpharma whey
price= 29dollars

sounds nice huh?
well each scoop has 27grams of protein, 3grams of carbs, 1gram of fiber, and 1gram of sugar

from my understanding that gram of sugar is comming from sucralose

so i came back home with pak, oats and sportpharma whey

Did you taste it yet?

Elite
12-28-07, 6:38 pm
$29 for 6lbs!
YIKES
I pay $120 for my 10lbs of Whey per month.

krazyassmexican
12-28-07, 6:41 pm
Did you taste it yet?
no i still got plenty of spm and some other whey but i am fuckin fiending to taste it

$29 for 6lbs!
YIKES
I pay $120 for my 10lbs of Whey per month.

wasnt it a bargain?
they have another bag of the vanilla flavor
if i go insane i'll pick it up next week

those are some offers you cant refuse LOL

norrim1
12-28-07, 6:42 pm
no i still got plenty of spm and some other whey but i am fuckin fiending to taste it

wasnt it a bargain?
they have another bag of the vanilla flavor
if i go insane i'll pick it up next week

those are some offers you cant refuse LOL

If Universal went and bought it then it must be good! For that price you can't go wrong.

krazyassmexican
12-28-07, 6:43 pm
oh yeah i forgot to mention

that bag comes with the known iron clad warranty
if you dont like it give us a call to blah blah blah so we can arrange a way to return the product for a full refund

krazyassmexican
12-28-07, 6:44 pm
If Universal went and bought it then it must be good! For that price you can't go wrong.

yes big ant said on top of my post that he used it back in the day

Roland
12-28-07, 10:56 pm
THis sounds pretty interesting fellas...

krazyassmexican
01-04-08, 10:57 am
i must confess
for me i cant stand one serving of any protein powder but egg pro ultra
one serving tastes great
i usually have two servings of the powders in my shakes

oh well

the tastes of it was great
not the nasty taste of the other company that
sales bulk protein LOL

great taste
good shit

krazyassmexican
01-04-08, 2:07 pm
oh yeah
just a few shakes and no fuckin clumps at all

Cstlfx
02-23-08, 12:45 am
Has there been any update as to when the new Sportpharma line will be released? I'm very curious about this new acquisition of Universal's. As I am new to supplements, being young, I never had the chance of knowing anything about this company. Apparently though, my dad says he remembers using their product.

Punisher
03-10-08, 4:35 pm
Who is this guy anyone know??

krazyassmexican
03-10-08, 4:43 pm

big ant

J-Dawg
03-10-08, 5:01 pm
big ant

Damn you're good!

krazyassmexican
03-10-08, 5:03 pm
Damn you're good!

did i win something? LOL j/k

i guess that shows how much of a fan i am when it comes to you guys

joe-yamma
03-10-08, 5:04 pm
BigAnt rep'ing SP?

krazyassmexican
03-10-08, 5:07 pm
BigAnt rep'ing SP?

yeah but it's an oldskool ass pic, then remember big ant aint that oldskool with universal

Maccabee
03-10-08, 5:42 pm
Those are some sick legs.

ghost
03-11-08, 10:04 am
Those are some sick legs.

you should see him training his legs.. he is a fuckin beast. Truly the definition of Animal right there.

J-Dawg
03-11-08, 12:54 pm
you should see him training his legs.. he is a fuckin beast. Truly the definition of Animal right there.

Try training legs with him, lol. Heck of a time...

Enforcer
03-11-08, 1:09 pm
It's the CB himself BigAnt..hahahaha

Lowdown5
03-11-08, 2:13 pm
That pic was taken right after Ants first Natural Pro show, placed top 3 in NY in 2000. The show was the NGA Pro Natural Universe.

18plusarms
03-11-08, 6:48 pm
I competed in that show and saw ant and his crew taking the pics, I was jealous, he just beat me a month before to get that pro card. He would of won that show by todays standards. He was the hardest. That year he was also in a national ad with sports pharma that ran in the mags.

BigAnt
03-11-08, 11:03 pm
It's the CB himself BigAnt..hahahaha

Easy big boy...you will get your turn at the Buffet! LOL

BigAnt
03-11-08, 11:10 pm
I competed in that show and saw ant and his crew taking the pics, I was jealous, he just beat me a month before to get that pro card. He would of won that show by todays standards. He was the hardest. That year he was also in a national ad with sports pharma that ran in the mags.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got a great memory...was a tough show...Damn that Robert Greene! LOL
My tangerine trunks, wonder where they are at now! LOL
I posed to Donna Summer-AC/DC & The 6 Million Dollar Man Mix....

Yeah the good old days, SportPharma--being 100% honest as I am always..made great products...My favs. Thermadrene-Just Whey-NutriForce and ProMax...

And I CANNOT TELL A LIE---While I was with Sportpharma...I used Universal's Animal Pak and Descicated Liver tabs...Sportpharma did not make these products....

LHS Monster
03-11-08, 11:12 pm
that a boi ant i love seeing pics like this!

Enforcer
03-12-08, 9:51 am
Easy big boy...you will get your turn at the Buffet! LOL

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut

WeaponX
03-12-08, 10:14 am
So Big Ant, you still gonna be reppin SportPharma now?

G Diesel
03-12-08, 10:37 am

Man, Ant looks phenomenal there... That is one impressive dude. Peace, G

Lowdown5
03-14-08, 2:13 am
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/SP7.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/SP6.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/SP5.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/SP4.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/SP1.jpg

McFly
03-14-08, 7:17 am
anyone know how long ago that was? doesn't look like he aged a bit...just got bigger!

naturalguy
03-14-08, 7:22 am
Look at the damn veins in his legs!!

RenegadeRows
03-14-08, 7:23 am
nah dude, big ant never ages...he's an ever-youthful lady's man....real pimp.

J-Dawg
03-14-08, 8:52 am
Always looking good Big Ant!

DES
03-14-08, 9:37 am
you big mo-foz provide much inspiration to us beginners.
Ant you are the man my brotha. The legs are massive.

Are there any other threads with images of Animals here?
It is inspiring and motivational.
Rokk On
DES

Enforcer
03-14-08, 10:00 am
Look at those fuckin legs. One word to decribe em: Sick

jer
03-14-08, 10:35 am
DAMN!!

Nice pics.

That leg vein in the side chest shot is sweet.

ChandlerXJ
03-14-08, 10:38 am
I want one of those fanny packs... seriously there so bad ass. I met Hulk Hogan and of course he had his fanny pack.

naturalguy
03-14-08, 4:21 pm
I want one of those fanny packs... seriously there so bad ass. I met Hulk Hogan and of course he had his fanny pack.

I hope your kidding, fanny packs are out

Maccabee
03-14-08, 4:47 pm
Yo Ant, you got some crazy vascular legs bro. I got to get legs like that lol.

BigAnt
03-15-08, 5:23 pm
anyone know how long ago that was? doesn't look like he aged a bit...just got bigger!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From 2002-2003 era...

Like the phatty Nike black high-tops?

...still in the 90's
LOL

Lowdown5
03-15-08, 6:10 pm

From 2002-2003 era...

Like the phatty Nike black high-tops?

...still in the 90's
LOL

I still have a pair of those Nikes, LOL!

Pizzalamp
03-15-08, 8:12 pm

x2-im a huge fan of fanny packs

Great photos Ant!

18plusarms
03-16-08, 9:34 am
Ant , you need a shield to cover your leg man, you might snag that rope looking thing and have a serious emergency. Wasnt that the sun when we got back from Kansas? I still have the poster from us on the old usnba show.

LittleMan55
03-16-08, 10:00 am
Nice Pics Ant!!!

Bob
03-17-08, 11:21 am
Amazing conditioning bro.

BigAnt
03-18-08, 11:23 am
Ant , you need a shield to cover your leg man, you might snag that rope looking thing and have a serious emergency. Wasnt that the sun when we got back from Kansas? I still have the poster from us on the old usnba show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These where taking at a park, down the street from my house, but I got those pics. of us in Kanasa, after the pre-judge...want me to post...Shit--I feel old!

PrometheusCon
03-18-08, 11:27 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These where taking at a park, down the street from my house, but I got those pics. of us in Kanasa, after the pre-judge...want me to post...Shit--I feel old!

You might feel old, but you are in better shape than 99% of those younger than you! Looking at those pics... damn I've still got quiet a journey ahead of me.

18plusarms
03-18-08, 2:20 pm

nah, That was 6 years ago, I am 6 years better now. Do we have any of us togeter at the 2006 golds? Bodybuilding.com has one of us in the overall I think but it is very far away. I have one from 2005 sj but it is very dark. I have a bunch from 2002 , we did like 6 shows I think.

BigAnt
03-18-08, 3:25 pm
nah, That was 6 years ago, I am 6 years better now. Do we have any of us togeter at the 2006 golds? Bodybuilding.com has one of us in the overall I think but it is very far away. I have one from 2005 sj but it is very dark. I have a bunch from 2002 , we did like 6 shows I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a photo freek, got tons of them in boxes-albums...you want the NPC Gold's in 06 when you and I where in the over-all?

18plusarms
03-18-08, 4:28 pm
The only pics I have from that show are the ones my daughter took during the break,

SportPharma Rep
04-07-08, 10:13 am
For those interested in SportPharma promos, I've got one going on over here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148795231&posted=1#post148795231

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 11:11 am
For those interested in SportPharma promos, I've got one going on over here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148795231&posted=1#post148795231

Thanks for the heads up SP Rep!

SportPharma Rep
07-14-09, 1:27 pm
Bumping this thread for those who posted in here circa '07 and '08. SportPharma has big plans moving forward!

Here's a taste of what's to come...

Before:
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af231/SportPharmaRep/Thermadrene.jpg?t=1247506884

After:
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af231/SportPharmaRep/NEWThermadrene.jpg?t=1247506916