PDA

View Full Version : Chin's Journey from Obscurity and Darkness...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Chin
12-14-07, 12:40 am
I've been part of the forvm for a while... But I've never really considered having a log until just recently... After reading the trials and tribulations of my fellow members I though this would be a good place to collect my thoughts and receive feed back...

Ultimately I believe that you don't know where you are going unless you know where you have been... So at the ripe age of 21.. I will give you a brief review of my athletic career...

I had been playing competitive soccer for the majority of my life until I was efficiently removed from soccer by a terrible slide tackle... The tackle left me with a Torn MCL in my left leg and a torn MCL and ACL in my right leg... I had surgery to repair all the damage done... In doing so lost part of my hamstrings to repair the damage.

About a year and a half later after rehab and physio... I had been cleared to play again... Needless to say my legs were never same and I suffered several set backs... not being able to play at a competitive level ever again.

Soon after I discovered football and at the age of 18 won 2 regional Championships... at 6'1, 230LBS I was in good shape for someone my size... football kept me in check... it was my life... and I was ultimately scouted by several university varsity teams.

In my first few weeks of training I had the largest set back of my life... I was tackled awkwardly and shattered my collarbone into 4 pieces. To make matters worse... The doctor's who were taking care of me originally could not set my arm properly. Surgery was out of the question... and in doing so my collarbone on my right side had healed approximately 1 inch shorter than it was when I had broke it.

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clavicalwb8.jpg

I had lost the ability to do anything with my upper body... I spent 1.5 years sidelined... gaining weight and unable to do anything... my future looked grim at best...

Chin
12-14-07, 1:00 am
I continued to gain weight until I received a call from my doctor who had given me permission to resume lifting light weights... I had lost all control of my diet, my body had wasted away... I was trapped in a depression that was as large as my waistline...

2 years ago, at about October 2005, I stood at a whopping, 6'1" - 257LBS with a 40" waist and a upper body strength that would make some pre pubescent males look good...

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chinpm8.jpg

I was shattered... and although I presumed it was nothing... I was hurting inside... I longed for that structure the ability to be the person I had been before... I turned to drinking for acceptance and it lead me no where but to more ruin.

And one day I had an epiphany... I knew I had to change... I turned to one of my friends who is a personal trainer and my regiment began... I cleaned up my diet... and I knew this was the path I had to take for redemption.

I started in May 2006, cutting.... cutting like my life depended on it... I portioned out my meals, calroie counted... Ate clean 24/7... I began to run and swim again... gradually working into the weights to gain back my muscle that I had lost to atrophy...

I was driven and determined to claim back what I had lost, and then I saw it... in a Copy of M&F... The I pay my dues everyday article... and thats when the animal got into me... I went out and purchased a can of animalpak... and I have never turned back ever since. I knew this is what I wanted to be and this is where I must head.

October 2006, I had lost all the weight I had put on and even more... I stood there goals accomplished receiving complement after complement from friends and family. I stood at 6'1", 198LBS with a 36" waist. I was back, my endurance was through the roof and my strength was coming back.

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thenewchinuz9.jpg

But as many people have learned in this game... when you get hungry... there is nothing you can do to feed yourself...

I wanted to grow... wanted to keep defying the odds... and I did.

Chin
12-14-07, 1:12 am
After much trial and error... I jumped into the supplement scene... I began pushing more and more... Squating and benching again...

Day after day I pushed myself further and further... maxing out at 425 for squats, benching 245, deadlifting 375...

I was back in the game... and in March of 07... I joined this wonderful community and through the advise of many of you... went even further than I thought I could...

December 2007, ABC event Southern Ontario... The new and present Chin, 6'1" - 220LBS... 33" Waist...

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/OntarioABC/Dec%201st/?action=view&current=IMGP0781.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/OntarioABC/Dec%201st/?action=view&current=IMGP0795.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/OntarioABC/Dec%201st/?action=view&current=ChinRows2.jpg

Currently I am bulking... hopefully to 240LBS... and then when it gets warm here I will cut and I will see if that leads to a contest in the near future...

Only time will tell...

Chin

Elite
12-14-07, 1:30 am
Now that is an introduction!

The force is strong in this one...

Subbed!

Nightshift
12-14-07, 2:17 am
Its about freakin time you started a journey!!!

This here is a guy that trains like an Animal!! can't wait to hit it again with this guy and the rest of the Ontario crew!

Lethal_Banana
12-14-07, 11:05 am
Wow! Now that's an inspiring story if ever I saw one! Mad props for getting back into shape after so many setbacks! I'll be checking in on you for sure.

Cheers,
LB

Chin
12-14-07, 12:24 pm
Thanks everyone... its awesome having the support of the community behind you...

Today... Was shoulder day... Morning trainings...

Threw down some DB Presses
45LBS x 12
55LBS x 10
65LBS x 9
75LBS x 7

Then I threw down my DB Shoulder Circuit
Alternating Anterior DB Raises
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 5

Lateral DB Raises
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 5

Bent over Posterior DB Raises
25LBS x 12
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 7

Upright Rows with the Straight bar
65LBS x 12
85LBS x 10
95LBS x 8
115LBS x 6

Then I supersetted my traps with barbell shrugs and DB Shrugs
BB - 185LBS x 10 with some Isometric holds
DB - 100LBS x 7 with some iso holds
BB - 235LBS x 8 with some iso holds
DB - 80LBS x 7 with some iso holds
BB - 275LBS x 7 with some iso holds
DB - 65LBS x 9 with some iso holds

Then I stretched it out and hit the locker room and heard the comments of a few people... BUt we all get the stares every now and then

Lethal_Banana
12-14-07, 3:55 pm
Shit, those comments only make us stronger!

Sweet Shoulder Session, Chin! Keep on truckin'!

Cheers,
LB

Chin
12-15-07, 6:57 pm
The days off are what helps us progress through the grueling schedule... Today just happened to be one of my days off... I think it was well deserved... I couldn't even dress myself properly because my arms wouldn't go any higher than parallel to my body.

I was also startled when Christmas came early... I put an order for some supps to PJ, via Hollow1... Surprisingly enough I thought it would be a little longer than 2 days to receive them... But PJ came through... and so did Hollow, whom I still owe $5...

Here they stand in all of their glory...
The pak
NitroG
Shock Therapy
Storm

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp0824sa1.jpg

I look forward to punishing the iron and myself after the Christmas Holidays... But for now I must just settle for the sheer determination and grit...

Chin

Chin
12-17-07, 2:48 am
Anyone in North America right now is probably under 2 feet of snow... its simply madness...

Madness, the adjective that has described my behaviour for the last 2 years extremely well, Madness.. the anger when I overheard a conversation between my two roommates mocking me, behind my back...

At that moment in time, faced with the possibility to confront them or let them be... I chose to let them be... because in the end I feel only the just and hardworking will survive. Fucking Slackers... Free loading fuckers.... Always taking from my hands and giving nothing but disrespect and mockery back. People like this anger me... taking from the hardworking individual and giving nothing back...

As I stood there in the gym today... I was brought back to that specific moment in time... Anger filled me head and it was channeled into the complete destruction of everything in my path at the gym today...

Arm day...

EZ bar curls supersetted with
45LBS x 15
60LBS x 8
75LBS x 7
100LBS x 6

Incline Skull crushers
45LBS x 15
60LBS x 10
75LBS x 9
100LBS x 7

Then threw down some incline dumbell curls supersetted with Overhead tricep extensions

Incline Dumbell Curls
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 7

Overhead Tricep Extensions
50LBS x 10
60LBS x 9
70LBS x 8
85LBS x 7

Moved onto the cable Machine
High cable curls with supered with some Single handed reverse tricep pulldowns

Cable Curls
25LBS x 10 with isometric holds
40LBS x 8 with isometric holds
50LBS x 8 with isometric holds
60LBS x 6 with isometric holds

Tricep pulldowns
25LBS x 12
40LBS x 10
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 7

Finished it off with maxing out on barbell curls just with the bar and tricep pulldowns maxed out... Needless to say my arms were so swollen and pumped they had issues fitting into my shirt...

Looking for a change soon so if anyone wants to suggest anything for an arm day drop me a line... Thanks

Chin

Nightshift
12-17-07, 2:55 am
Great arm day Chin!!! Your workouts are looking awesome!! I told ya PJ was good!!

Chin
12-17-07, 10:40 am
Great arm day Chin!!! Your workouts are looking awesome!! I told ya PJ was good!!

Didn't doubt you for a second... Congratz on the Henchman upgrade... it is well deserved...

Hollow
12-19-07, 1:32 pm
Workouts look great Chin. Enjoy your holidays.

Chin
12-20-07, 12:37 pm
Workouts look great Chin. Enjoy your holidays.

Thanks buddy... I am feeling for a switch up soon... With the new supps which I must thank you for again and the new year coming up. I really want to get my V Taper down... because you have a pretty damn good one... what do your back days look like?

Chin

Chin
12-20-07, 12:58 pm
Finished Exams... Cleaning... Moving back home for a few weeks... It really put a stretch on my time in the gym... Who am I kidding.. I went to the gym before I did anything else..

Tuesday was my back day and associated biceps
After warming up I hit the power rack for some widegrip Chin ups

Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 10
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 7
Bodyweight + 55LBS x 4

Moved onto the Wide grip barbell row
135LBS x 10
155LBS x 8
185LBS x 7

Hit up the Lat Pull down machine, I supersetted wide grip with reverse grip...

Wide grip
100LBS x 9
130LBS x 7
160LBS x 6

Reverse Grip
100LBS x 9
130LBS x 7
160LBS x 6

Finished the workout with some seated cable rows
130LBS x 8
150LBS x 7
170LBS x 6

Quickly I set up an ez bar and with a light weight and some light dumbells I hit my biceps with what I had left in the tank

EZ bar curls
30LBS x 16 watching the negative and iso hold on the last rep

Alternating Dumbell curls
20LBS x 12

Chin
12-20-07, 3:39 pm
Today was a rest day... But yesterday was Chest... and some abs mixed in for good measure

Started with Flat dumbell Press
40LBS x 15
55LBS x 10
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 7
95LBS x 5

Incline Barbell Press
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 8
140LBS x 6

Weighed Dips... Love them make me feel like my pecs are going to pop out
Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 55LBS x 6 + A drop to body weight to failure

Then I Cabled cross overed focusing on the holds and negatives
25LBS x 10
35LBS x 9
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 7

So I went to a flat bench to do some DC Holds... Thank you to Nightshift for enlighting me
Flat bench DC Hold
30LBS x 1

Then I hit up some abs with crunches on the Bolus ball
3 Sets for ~ 50 reps

Then I did 3 sets of oblique twist with a 25LBS plate
3 Sets for ~ 30 reps

Then i did oblique crunches for a few sets
3 sets for ~ 50 reps

Stretched it out and did some plyo pushups and called it a Day

ProteinJunkie
12-20-07, 5:57 pm
I was also startled when Christmas came early... I put an order for some supps to PJ, via Hollow1... Surprisingly enough I thought it would be a little longer than 2 days to receive them... But PJ came through... and so did Hollow, whom I still owe $5...

Here they stand in all of their glory...
The pak
NitroG
Shock Therapy
Storm

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp0824sa1.jpg

Chin

Your most welcome buddy - anytime! Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to keeping up with your Journey. By the way, sweet-ass posters bro!

PJ

Hollow
12-20-07, 7:15 pm
Thanks buddy... I am feeling for a switch up soon... With the new supps which I must thank you for again and the new year coming up. I really want to get my V Taper down... because you have a pretty damn good one... what do your back days look like?

Chin

My back workouts are simple:

Wide Grip Pullups - Straight sets (once in awhile I changed it to Horizontal Pullups on the Smith Machine)
Deadlifts - Pyramiding (periodically I'll change it up with T-Bar Rows)
Bent Over BB Rows - Straight Sets (About every third workout I switch to a reverse grip)
1 Arm DB Rows - Straight Sets
Wide Grip Pulldowns to the rear - Straight Sets (Once in awhile I'll pull to the front)
BB or DB Shrugs - Pyramiding (As of late I've been supersetting Shrugs with Seated Bent Over Side Laterals)

Great chest workout Chin.

Chin
01-03-08, 12:22 am
It's been a while... Most people feel the need to lose weight come new years. I on the other hand feel the need for manic growth... destroying everything in my sight to gain all that I can. Christmas Holidays... I've taken some down time... 2 weeks off with random Home training sessions...

2 Weeks off sucking up the calories, putting on the pounds...

Today refocused and back in the game I went back to my routine.... 2 A days...

My first session was cardio, 2 weeks on a high cal diet has left me a really rounded. I felt the need to raise my metabolism rate back to the way it was...

First thing in the morning, 30 Minutes of HIIT, on the elliptical, with some afterwards...

Leg Raises - 3 Sets of 12
Ball Crunch - 3 Sets of 15
Ball Twist supersetted with Oblique Crunches for ~ 3 sets of 15 Reps

After 4 solid meals and 8 hours of rest... I entered the gym to sling some iron
It was back and Bicep day...

Started with Wide Grip Chin ups

Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 6
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 5 - Followed by a drop set to bodyweight for 6 reps

Then Widegrip barbell row supersetted with Deadlifts
Widegrip barbell row
50LBS x 12
90LBS x 9
110LBS x 7
140LBS x 5

Deadlifts
50LBS x 10
90LBS x 8
110LBS x 6
140LBS x 5

Widegrip pull downs supersetted with reverse grip pull downs
Wide grip
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 7
150LBS x 5

Reverse Grip
90LBS x 12
120LBS x 9
150LBS x 8

Then I moved to a standing cable row focusing on the negatives
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 8
140LBS x 8

Moving on to biceps I just went for max reps... the burn was really setting in at this point
EZ bar curls
40LBS x failure

Followed by Cross body curls
25LBS x failure

I have another 3 days left to prime myself and then I ditch the cardio fully and move into growth mode with my new supplements... Wish me luck

Chin
01-04-08, 12:38 am
Day 2 of the new year... As I walked to the gym at the Crack of Dawn and at night... The darkness all around, a few snowflakes twinkled in the air, my warm breath rising from beneath my hooded sweater I was reminded again of why I do this... Why I travel on this lonely and fixed path in the dark... by myself...

It's to better myself and those around me...

Still doing 2 a days... Cardio in the morning and Weights at night...

Jumped on the Elliptical again for 30 minutes at a steady pace... Afterwards I hit up my abs again

Leg Hangs
3 sets x 12

Oblique crunches - Weighted
40LBS x 12 each side
50LBS x 12 each side
60LBS x 12 each side

Rope crunch
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
120LBS x 8

With the metabolism roaring I stomached my usual meals of steak and potatoes, cans of tuna and eggs.... 9 Hours later I was back to where I started off my day... at the gym...

Chest and Tris

Incline Barbell Press
50LBS x 15
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 8
140LBS x 7

Flat Dumbell Press
50LBS x 9
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8
80LBS x 5

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 7
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 6
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 5

Cable cross overs
35LBS x 10
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 6

Incline DC Fly
30LBS x FAILURE

Moved back over to the cable machine to finish up with some Tris
Rope press downs supersetted with overhead extensions

Rope Press down
100LBS x 8
110LBS x 6

Overhead extensions
60LBS x 9
60LBS x 7

Finished up with some plyo pushups to failure and I was out the door... It never fails... all the time off you still get that feeling... the feeling in the tips of your fingers... and you know you are back in the game.

Chin

Chin
01-04-08, 11:21 pm
Leg day.. the day that separates the boys from the men...

Squat
50LBS x 18
90LBS x 12
140LBS x 10
180LBS x 8
230LBS x 8
270LBS x 6

Stiff leg deadlift
90LBS x 8
110LBS x 7
140LBS x 6
160LBS x 6

Then I moved to the incline leg press machine... I do this exercise with split reps, meaning I start off with both feet, move to one then switch to the other
90LBS x 8 - Split x 5
140LBS x 7 - Split x 5
180LBS x 7 - Split x 5

Then I moved onto the leg extension and seated hamstring machines in superset
Leg extension
100LBS x 10
130LBS x 8
160LBS x 8
190LBS x 7 - Dropped to 130LBS to failure focusing on negatives

Hamstring curls
100LBS x 10
130LBS x 8
160LBS x 8
190LBS x 7 - Dropped to 120LBS to failure focusing on negatives

Finished off my workout by doing a widestance barbell squat
90LBS - FAILURE

All and all not my best leg day... but I was cooking with some fire... collecting my thoughts and my stomach in the locker room afterwards....

Chin

Chin
01-06-08, 12:46 am
Consistency, one of the most crucial factors in anyone trying to lose weight or gain mass... AS far as I can remember I spend my Saturdays doing the same thing... Waking up and going to the gym. Some people rest on the weekends... I throw it down the gauntlet... Shoulders...

Military Press (Standing)
50LBS x 15
70LBS x 9
90LBS x 7

Then I moved to a bench and hit out my shoulder by doing some dumbell shoulder presses
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 6
70LBS x 6
45LBS x 4 - Drop Set

Then I moved up to my circuit for my delts which include anterior dumbell raises, dumbell Lateral Raises and bent over posterior raises.

Anterior DB Raises
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 5
40LBS x 5

Lateral DB Raises
25LBS x 9
30LBS x 7
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 4

Bent over DB Raises
25LBS x 11
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 7

Then I moved onto the cable machine for some Lateral Flyes, always focusing on higher than parallel extension and

25LBS x 12
40LBS x 9
50LBS x 9

Then I brought her home with some shrugs BB supersetted with DB with short rest intervals and throwing many isometric holds
BB - Shrugs
90LBS x 10
140LBS x 8
180LBS x 7
230LBS x 5

DB - Shrugs
90LBS - FAILURE
90LBS - FAILURE
90LBS - FAILURE
90LBS - FAILURE

All in all not a bad day... I had some residual pain from the collar bone but it was only for a fleeting moment... and like everything else I continue to push through...

Chin

ronald1919
01-06-08, 10:35 pm
looking good bro, keep it going!

Chin
01-07-08, 5:29 pm
looking good bro, keep it going!

Thank you brother, its good to see another member on from the Ontario Region... Hey look us up we do meets in and around the Southern Ontario Region...

Look it up here there are quite a few of us now...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11952

Pics from the last meet
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/OntarioABC/Dec%201st/?start=0

We are trying to work something out for January, so jump in and give some input...

Chin

Chin
01-07-08, 5:47 pm
Today marked a new Chapter in my journey... after a week of building back up my strength from down time I moved to stage 2 of my bulk...

Shock Therapy, Storm and Nitro G

A dangerous combination, during the loading before I went into a condition red mode... waves of strength surged over me... sweeping through my head... it was refreshing.. it was just straight up amazing...

I moved into the gym motivated as ever on a back and bis day

Weighted Chin Ups
Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 7
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 4 - Drop to Bodyweight x 6

Reverse Grip Bent Over barbbell row
90LBS x 12
120LBS x 8
130LBS x 7

Then I moved over to the Lat pull down machine and supersetted Wide grip lat pull downs with verticle lat pull overs with 30 seconds or less of rest between sets

Pulldown
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 8
150LBS x 6

Pullovers
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 6
60LBS x 6

Then I hit up my make shift T bar row....
90LBS x 10
135LBS x 9
180LBS x 6
225LBS x 4 - Dropped to 90LBS to FAILURE

Then I hit up my Biceps with strictly volume weights with a short rest inbetween
3 Sets - Straight Bar Curl x FAILURE
3 Sets - 30LBS Cross body Curls x FAILURE

I can only expect more good things from my stak... it may lead to wonderful things...

Chin

Chin
01-09-08, 8:08 am
YEsterday was leg day... I just kept it simple and did what I know would work....

Squat
90LBS x 15
140LBS x 10
180LBS x 8
230LBS x 8
270LBS x 6
300LBS x 4

Stiff Legged Deadlift
90LBS x 8
140LBS x 7
160LBS x 6

Leg Extension Supersetted with Seated Ham String Curls
Leg Extension
100LBS x 10
140LBS x 10
180LBS x 8
210LBS x 7

Seated Hamstring curls
100LBS x 10
140LBS x 8
180LBS x 7
210LBS x 6

Hollow
01-09-08, 9:13 am
Workouts are looking great. Glad to see the Shock Therapy is working for you.

Chin
01-09-08, 12:39 pm
Workouts are looking great. Glad to see the Shock Therapy is working for you.

Hey Buddy,

Yeah its good stuff... I just hate burping because it tastes like grape flavoured chemicals...
But I can really feel it coming over me...

I have 2 questions for you though...
1) Where is your journey at?
2) When are you going to put out your next order from PJ?

Chin

krazyassmexican
01-09-08, 12:49 pm
nice leg day bro
no wonder why you got some mean quads

Chin
01-09-08, 12:52 pm
Today against my better judgement, I decided to have a chest day...

With a cold wind blowing across my treck to the gym this morning I was awoken by the blistering cold hitting my face...

I knew this would be an all out war today.. as I went to condition red I entered the gym with hood pulled low...

Incline Dumbbell Press
45LBS x 15
55LBS x 12
65LBS x 9
75LBS x 7
80LBS x 7 - 2 Forced Reps

Flat Barbbell Press
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 9
160LBS x 7 - 3 Forced Reps

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 7
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 5 - Drop set to Bodyweight for another 6 Reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
20LBS x 10
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 8 with an isometric hold on ever negative to simulate DC Hold

I finished my workout with some plyo pushups and stretches...
Looking at what I did last week and this week I am fairly imrpressed with my numbers, I can only continue to keep pushing. I am extremely close to my pre Christmas strength after I took 2 weeks off for the Holidays... Then I will truly be put to the test once I am at the same level...

Chin

Hollow
01-09-08, 2:07 pm
Hey Buddy,

Yeah its good stuff... I just hate burping because it tastes like grape flavoured chemicals...
But I can really feel it coming over me...

I have 2 questions for you though...
1) Where is your journey at?
2) When are you going to put out your next order from PJ?

Chin

Answers...
1) Journey to come shortly.
2) Next order will be early February. I will let you know by the end of this month.

Solid chest workout.

Chin
01-11-08, 12:56 pm
Society, What is the problem with it... Everyone wants something for nothing... Free, Discounted, Effortless... Recently my training has become more and more difficult being bogged down by the New Years resolution group. I am sure across gyms across the world people are jumping in head first with little or no idea of what they are doing. Lack of knowledge is a dangerous idea...

People do not vote without looking at the Party's Ideals (I hope not anyways)... This blind knowledge can kill.. but in the gym it leads to injuries. Everyone wants to "Get jacked" or "Get ripped" But no one wants to put the effort and time into it...

Supplements are flying off the shelves at my local store.. people blindly pick up anything and everything they can buy. I can not see the purpose in this... it actually angers me... because these same people ask me Why I do what I do.. and how I do it... They all assume steroids is the answer.. shortcuts.. all of them taking and thinking about shortcuts.

I hope everyone that reads this will not fall into that shortcut way.. because it can kill

Chin

Chin
01-11-08, 1:05 pm
Minus my little rant.. today was shoulder day..

Overhead Dumbbell Press
45LBS x 15
55LBS x 10
65LBS x 8
70LBS x 7 - Dropped to 50LBS x 6

Then I moved to my circuit training... Anterior dumbbell raises, Lateral dumbbell raises, bent over posterior raises.

Anterior Dumbbell Raises
25LBS x 8
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 5

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 5 - Dropped to 20LBS x 8

Bent over Dumbell Raises
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8

Then I moved onto the cable machine for some Rear Cable Flyes
25LBS x 10
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 7 - Dropped to 25LBS x 5

To finish it off I moved onto my shurgs, I supersetted Barbell Shrugs with Dumbbell Shrugs with little or no rest inbetween my sets

barbbell Shrug
90LBS x 12
140LBS x 9 - Focusing on isometric holds and negatives
180LBS x 8 - Focusing on isometric holds and negatives
230LBS x 7

Dumbell shrugs - All sets were done with isometric holds and focusing on negatives
100LBS - FAILURE
100LBS - FAILURE
100LBS - FAILURE

Looking for some new Ideas I am in for some changes... if anyone has any suggestions just post them up...

Thanks,
Chin

Hollow
01-11-08, 1:09 pm
Good post Chin, to many people fall prey to the shortcuts now a days.

On a lighter note, if your gym is getting bogged down, you can always hit the weights in my garage...just dress warm!

Chin
01-13-08, 6:55 pm
Good post Chin, to many people fall prey to the shortcuts now a days.

On a lighter note, if your gym is getting bogged down, you can always hit the weights in my garage...just dress warm!

HA... Thanks Hollow but I am not 100% to the end of my rope yet... If I make my morning sessions everything is better than gold...

Chin
01-13-08, 7:06 pm
Leave no stone unturned, that is a saying that most people forget... In this game there is no muscle group to small to forget about...

Yesterday was my Odds and Ends day... and to keep myself true I also did some moderate cardio

30 Minutes of Steady Cardio on the Elliptical Trainer

Then I moved onto my odds and ends...

I started with a standard Ball crunch
3 Sets x Failure

Then I moved to Hanging leg raises
4 Sets x Failure

Then I moved to Weighted Oblique Crunches
45LBS x 15
55LBS x 15
65LBS x 12

I moved onto lower back and incline oblique crunches supersetted with one another

Lower Back Extensions
3 Sets x FAILURE

Incline Oblique Crunches
3 Sets x FAILURE

It was onto the calves next... With standing calf raises
105LBS x 14
165LBS x 10
205LBS x 9
235LBS x 6

And then Seated Calf raises
55LBS x 10
65LBS x 9
70LBS x 7

Then I finished it off with Knee High Raises and Horizontal Leg Raises

Leg Raises
3 Sets x FAILURE

Knee High Raises
3 Sets x FAILURE

Chin

Chin
01-13-08, 9:56 pm
Life.. and death in an instant.. Tragedy has can come in an instant... As a member of the forum has found out... My thoughts are with him and the ones that have been affected by the loss of life...

This just drives home the point that no one... not anyone of us have any idea when we will leave this life. So make everyday count every single fucking day... If not what will you have gained in life?

Do not wait for things to come to you... Go out Seize the day...

Chin

Chin
01-13-08, 10:18 pm
With thoughts flooding my head... I began my walk to the gym as a light snowfall fell on me...
Darkness... Cold.. There is no better feeling... knowing you are alive...

Today was Arm day... After my warm up... I began with EZ bar curls and supersetted them with lying tricep extensions (Skull Crushers)

EZ bar Curls
30LBS x 15
50LBS x 10
70LBS x 7
80LBS x 5

Skull Crushers
30LBS x 15
50LBS x 10
70LBS x 8
80LBS x 7

Then I moved onto Overhead Tricep Extensions supered with close grip EZ bar curls

Overhead Tricep Extensions
60LBS x 10
70LBS x 9
80LBS x 6
90LBS x 4 - Dropped to 50LBS x 6

Close Grip EZ bar Curls
30LBS x 10
40LBS x 8
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 6

Then I hit up the cable machine for some High cable curls supered with reverse tricep pulldowns

High cable curls
25LBS x 10 - Focusing on Isometric holds
35LBS x 9 - Focusing on isometric holds
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 5 - Dropped to 30 LBS x 6

Reverse Tricep Pulldowns
25LBS x 9
35LBS x 10
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 6 - Dropped to 30LBS x 8

I moved over back to the iron for some Preacher Curls supered with bicep curls...

Preacher curls
30LBS x FAILURE
35LBS x FAILURE

Bicep Curls
30LBS x FAILURE
20LBS x FAILURE

Hit up the cable machine once more for my Tricep Pushdowns
120LBS x FAILURE
110LBS x FAILURE
100LBS x FAILURE

I finished off my workout with some forearm exercises
Reverse Grip Bicep Curls supered with behind the back curls

Reverse Grip Bicep Curls
Straight Bar x FAILURE
Straight Bar x FAILURE
Straight Bar x FAILURE

Behind the Back Curls
Straight Bar x FAILURE
Straight Bar x FAILURE
Straight Bar x FAILURE

Now my arms feel so swollen... I can't flex them... the best feeling in the world

Chin

Northman
01-13-08, 10:18 pm
First off... WHY HADN'T YOU TOLD ME YOU STARTED THIS!!!!! I would have been here from day 1!

Second, I loved the intro. Us Ontario guys seem to go through a lot don't we?

Third, good workouts but... I know you can squat more than that!

Keep it up bro.

Northman
01-13-08, 10:20 pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chin has killer quadz. It must be from training legs exclusively for so long.

Chin
01-13-08, 11:32 pm
First off... WHY HADN'T YOU TOLD ME YOU STARTED THIS!!!!! I would have been here from day 1!

Second, I loved the intro. Us Ontario guys seem to go through a lot don't we?

Third, good workouts but... I know you can squat more than that!

Keep it up bro.

1) I thought I did
2) Ha we are a disadvantaged bunch of Delinquents
3) Its getting there...

Chin

Chin
01-13-08, 11:45 pm
Oh and... I forgot to mention another reason why my overall barbbell movements look so low, I don't actually count the straight bar for weight... I am actually debating if I should or not..

Chin

Northman
01-14-08, 3:33 am
Oh and... I forgot to mention another reason why my overall barbbell movements look so low, I don't actually count the straight bar for weight... I am actually debating if I should or not..

Chin

Count it. It's there right?

Chin
01-14-08, 12:35 pm
Count it. It's there right?

Fair enough I think I will start doing that for my upcoming week then... Just taking a rest day today...

Chin

Chin
01-15-08, 7:23 pm
Pushing yourself to your limits... we do it day in and day out... Growth is just on the other side of that comfort threshold.

Today was suppose to be back and bicep day... but it turned into a 2 a day because once I was done my back I could not lift my arms...

I started it off with Weighted Chin ups
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 10
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 6
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 4 - Dropped to Bodyweight x 6

I then moved onto reverse barbell rows supered with deadlifts
Reverse Barbell Rows
95LBS x 12
135LBS x 10
165LBS x 8
185LBS x 6

Deadlifts
95LBS x 8
135LBS x 8
165LBS x 7
185LBS x 6

Then I moved the Lat pull down machine and supered it with Vertical pullovers

Lat Pull down
100LBS x 8
130LBS x 7
150LBS x 6 - Dropped to 110LBS x 6

Vertical pullovers
50LBS x 6
60LBS x 6
50LBS x 8

Then I decided to finish off my workout with my makeshift T Bar Row
135LBS x 10
180LBS x 7
225LBS x 6
270LBS x 5 - Dropped to 180LBS x 6

I then tried to do my bicep exercises but my body had rejected that idea and did not allow me to even curl a 20LBS dumbell... so I head back to the gym for round 2 tonight...

Chin

Northman
01-15-08, 11:16 pm
Killer back session! Awesome work with the weighted chins. I just realized I made a pun!

Chin
01-16-08, 12:28 am
Killer back session! Awesome work with the weighted chins. I just realized I made a pun!

Ha that was a good one... Never heard that one before.... Yeah right... nah I love weighted chin ups.. They've really helped me get my back width increased...

Chin

Chin
01-16-08, 12:49 am
For my second Workout I finished my Bis off today...

EZ bar Curl
45LBS x 15
65LBS x 10
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 6

Incline dumbell curls
25LBS x 10
35LBS x 8
35LBS x 6

High Cable Curls - Focusing on isometric holds and negatives
25LBS x 10
40LBS x 9
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 6 - Dropped to 35LBS x 8

Close grip Straight bar Curls, supered with dumbell curls
CLose grip straight bar curls
3 Sets x FAILURE

Dumbell Curls
3 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

All and all a good choice I think to double up and hit my Bis
Chin

Hollow
01-16-08, 6:22 am
That was one hell of a Back Blasting session Chin. No wonder you were too fried to hit Bi's afterward. Solid bicep session as well!

Chin
01-16-08, 12:34 pm
That was one hell of a Back Blasting session Chin. No wonder you were too fried to hit Bi's afterward. Solid bicep session as well!

Ha thanks buddy, I am going to switch it up so I can get some serious deads in... Should be good times. I am still waiting for you to start up your journey so I can get your workouts on paper...

Chin

Chin
01-16-08, 12:54 pm
Rage, it comes in several forms... But none is more useful than going to condition red in the rage.. In me this is a dangerous stage... My focus becomes tunneled, everything else around me turns to a nasty shade of gray. The pain from each manic rep becomes evident on my face, breathing it comes out in the form a quick grunt... There is something beautiful in this moment of struggle that you will not experience at any other time.

This struggle was not apparent to me today until I was right in the middle of my workout today...

Chest Day

Incline Barbbell Press
115LBS x 15
145LBS x 10
185LBS x 8
205LBS x 6 - 1 Forced rep

Incline Dumbell Press
45LBS x 8
60LBS x 6

Flat Dumbell Press
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8
80LBS x 7

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 9
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8 - It is right at this point that a wave of rage set over me... gripping my body.. everything went gray, a wave of pain swept over me.
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 10
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 7 - Dropped to bodyweight x 6

I moved onto a Wide grip Bench press and supered it with Flat Dumbell flyes
Wide grip bench Press
135LBS x FAILURE
135LBS x FAILURE
135LBS x FAILURE

Flat Dumbell Flyes
30LBS x FAILURE
30LBS x FAILURE
30LBS x DC HOLD

It comes in many forms.. but focused rage is one of the most potent and dangerous emotions in my opinion...

Chin

Chin
01-17-08, 4:03 pm
Returning to glory... Leg day...

Squat
135LBS x 15
185LBS x 10
225LBS x 10
275LBS x 7
315LBS x 7
365LBS x 6 - 1 Forced Rep

I moved onto Stiff legged Deadlifts and supered them with a Reverse Deadlift (Hacksquat)

Stiff Legged Deadlift
135LBS x 8
165LBS x 6
195LBS x 6
225LBS x 6

Reverse Deadlift (Hacksquat)
135LBS x 6
165LBS x 6
195LBS x 5
225LBS x 4

Then I moved onto the Leg extension and Seated Hamstring Curl Machines to Finish up my workouts

Leg Extension
110LBS x 12
150LBS x 10
190LBS x 10
230LBS x 8 - Dropped to 130LBS x 6

Seated Hamstring Curls
100LBS x 10
140LBS x 9
180LBS x 9
210LBS x 6 - Dropped to 120LBS x 8

All and all an extremely good workout... my strength is back and I am returning to my former glory of 4 plate squats... as I draw closer to my goal I taste it more and more... that is the taste of success... and to achieve it. I will destroy anything in my way.

Chin

Northman
01-17-08, 4:29 pm
Starting too look better. Go deep with those squats and you'll keep getting stronger. How did you like the free-weight hacks?

Chin
01-17-08, 5:08 pm
Starting too look better. Go deep with those squats and you'll keep getting stronger. How did you like the free-weight hacks?

I love them... You can really feel them in your inner and outer sweeps of your quads... You ever try them before Stiff?

Chin

Northman
01-17-08, 10:27 pm
I love them... You can really feel them in your inner and outer sweeps of your quads... You ever try them before Stiff?

Chin

I've been doing them more regularly as of late. It was actually Nightshift that reminded me of them after having not touched them for over a year. I find they target my upper quads more than anything else. Too bad the bar catches on my calves or I would do them even more.

Chin
01-18-08, 11:32 am
I've been doing them more regularly as of late. It was actually Nightshift that reminded me of them after having not touched them for over a year. I find they target my upper quads more than anything else. Too bad the bar catches on my calves or I would do them even more.

Yeah I try to keep that bar off of my ankles... almost got it down pat... its tough too do especially if you have short arms. I find that if you lean back a little it keeps the bar off your legs...

Chin

Chin
01-18-08, 11:57 am
Shoulder day today...

I started it off with Seated Dumbell press
40LBS x 15
50LBS x 10
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 6 - Dropped to 40LBS x 6

Lateral Dumbell Raises
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 8

Bent over Posterior Raises
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 7

Lateral Cable Raises
20LBS x 10
30LBS x 8
40LBS x 7

Rear Delt Cable Fly
20LBS x 8
25LBS x 6
30LBS x 6

I then moved onto finish off my workout by giving my traps a good stretch by doing my usual barbell shrugs supered with dumbell strugs, like usual focusing on the negatives and the isometric holds

barbell shrugs
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 9
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5

Dumbell Shurgs
80LBS x 8
85LBS x 7
85LBS x 7

Chin

Chin
01-20-08, 10:39 pm
The World is a cold and desolate place... As I stepped out of my apartment building tonight to go to my gym the Mercury hit -15C. I looked around at the empty streets and as my breath rose from under my hood I was taken back to a place and time not to far ago...

The day was December 24th, 2003 on a day very similar today. Cold and dark... it was a day I will never forget.

This burden, this desire we all carry comes from somewhere, somewhere deep down beyond the reach of any supplement or weight. It comes from within a place... my desire was stirred by that day...

On that day 4 years ago my Grandfather was in the hospital, dying of Lung cancer... that night I went to visit him for what would be the last time...

In our brief exchange of words he said to me...

"This world is just a passing moment, today you are here tomorrow you are gone. Take what you need and never look back... " After saying this he gave me my pendant and chain which has never been taken off of my neck...

This is my burden... I do everything for myself and my family... I don't care what gets in my way... it will be done...

Chin

Northman
01-20-08, 10:46 pm
Workout looks good. Wanna come down and train delts with me Thurs?

Wise words from your grandfather. Mine left me earlier than yours, but he is who I try to model my behavior after. The generations of yesterday had more honor and integrity, somethings that the world today lacks.

Chin
01-20-08, 11:01 pm
Today was chest day...

I started off with Flat bench
135LBS x 15
175LBS x 10
235LBS x 7
250LBS x 5 - 1 Forced Rep

Then I moved onto Incline Dumbell Press
50LBS x 8
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 7
90LBS x 4 - Dropped to 50LBS x 6

Decline Machine Press
140LBS x 10
230LBS x 8
320LBS x 7

Then I moved onto Cable Cross overs and supered them with Incline Dumbell flyes

Dumbell Flyes - Focusing on Isometric holds and negatives
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8
45LBS x 6

Cable Cross overs
30LBS x 10
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 7 - Dropped to 35LBS x 7

I finished off my workout by doing some Abs
Ball Crunch
3 Sets x FAILURE

Leg hangs
3 Sets x FAILURE

Oblique Twist supered with Oblique Crunches

Oblique Twist
3 Sets x FAILURE

Oblique Crunches
3 Sets x FAILURE

Never for a second take anything for granted... because the end could be around the corner...

Chin

Chin
01-20-08, 11:24 pm
Workout looks good. Wanna come down and train delts with me Thurs?

Wise words from your grandfather. Mine left me earlier than yours, but he is who I try to model my behavior after. The generations of yesterday had more honor and integrity, somethings that the world today lacks.

I know exactly what you mean... everything now a days if handed out... no effort required... I have been there too I am not exempting myself from that group...But I feel the world has lost its ability to work hard and have lost a large perspective. Most people trade in determination and hard work for simplicity and ease... this disturbs me...

And about the workout... it depends when... What time do you get off work? I have night class from 7 - 10PM...

Chin

Northman
01-21-08, 3:20 am
Unfortunately 7:30 is when I'll be back in Cambridge. I am calling the gym in Toronto today regarding the ABC meeting (It's my first week day off in over a week). I guess we'll see if I can arrange a date soon for us all to get together again.

Hollow
01-21-08, 6:27 am
Workouts are looking great Chin. Your Grandfather sounds like a great man, very wise words to live by.

Chin
01-21-08, 12:00 pm
Unfortunately 7:30 is when I'll be back in Cambridge. I am calling the gym in Toronto today regarding the ABC meeting (It's my first week day off in over a week). I guess we'll see if I can arrange a date soon for us all to get together again.

Do you have to be at work at a certain time on Friday... or can you train later... my class normally only runs about 1.5 hours or 2 hours. Its completely up too you... I can make it later probably around 10ish and also did the shipment come in.. An Iconic or 2 would make my trip that much better...

Workouts are looking great Chin. Your Grandfather sounds like a great man, very wise words to live by.

Thanks Hollow, ha I am still waiting to see your journey... but with the weather right now... I would be surprised if you are training outside at all. -15C Bah... makes me angry...

On top of that I've been talking to PJ about an order... I still owe you $5, ha... I am wondering if you would be interested in purchasing some Real Gains... PJ says it would be better if we can order a 6 pack... I know I could take 2 or 3 but I doubt I could justify 6 tubs... plus I need to pick up some other things also. Just shoot me back a PM...

Chin

Chin
01-21-08, 12:08 pm
Night chest session on Sunday, Monday morning back session.. some people would think this is a bad combination. I laugh at the challenge and bit my lip and bore down.

Weighted Wide Grip Chin ups
Bodyweight x 8
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 6

Deadlifts
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 7
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 6

Then I moved onto wide grip pull downs and supered them with reverse grip lat pull downs

Wide grip pulldowns
100LBS x 10
140LBS x 8
170LBS x 7 - Dropped to 130LBS x 5

Reverse Grip pull downs
100LBS x 8
140LBS x 7
180LBS x 7 - Dropped to 130LBS x 6

T bar rows - focusing on the isometric hold
135LBS x 10
180LBS x 10
225LBS x 8
270LBS x 8

I finished my workout with reverse grip bent over rows and supered them with dumbell curls
3 Sets - 115LBS x FAILURE

Dumbell Curls
3 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

and then final I just curled the straight bar to failure
2 Sets - Straight bar curls x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
01-21-08, 12:50 pm
Do you have to be at work at a certain time on Friday... or can you train later... my class normally only runs about 1.5 hours or 2 hours. Its completely up too you... I can make it later probably around 10ish and also did the shipment come in.. An Iconic or 2 would make my trip that much better...

Thanks Hollow, ha I am still waiting to see your journey... but with the weather right now... I would be surprised if you are training outside at all. -15C Bah... makes me angry...

On top of that I've been talking to PJ about an order... I still owe you $5, ha... I am wondering if you would be interested in purchasing some Real Gains... PJ says it would be better if we can order a 6 pack... I know I could take 2 or 3 but I doubt I could justify 6 tubs... plus I need to pick up some other things also. Just shoot me back a PM...

Chin

Well surprise!!! I am still training out in the garage...the cold is not going to stop me...lol.

Northman
01-22-08, 12:15 am

No shipment yet. I am training at 4am or so on Fri because of work. I have a client from 9:30 to 10:30 so that probably won't work. What's the schedule like for sat?

Chin
01-22-08, 12:25 am
No shipment yet. I am training at 4am or so on Fri because of work. I have a client from 9:30 to 10:30 so that probably won't work. What's the schedule like for sat?

I work from 10 - 6:30ish... but other than that it looks pretty clear... I am down for a session at Hard Knox... you should see if Hollow wants in... HA... I would hate to be him Training out in his garage...

Chin

Northman
01-22-08, 12:27 am
I work from 10 - 6:30ish... but other than that it looks pretty clear... I am down for a session at Hard Knox... you should see if Hollow wants in... HA... I would hate to be him Training out in his garage...

Chin

That would be awesome. It just so happens to be a leg day for me I think! I'll PM him tomorrow when he's at work.

Nightshift
01-22-08, 2:43 am
The three of you out in the garage!! Hey, maybe the next ABC session in H's garage, what do you think?

Chin
01-22-08, 2:36 pm
The three of you out in the garage!! Hey, maybe the next ABC session in H's garage, what do you think?

haha... alright as long as we bring a few space heaters we should be alright...

Chin

Northman
01-22-08, 2:40 pm
haha... alright as long as we bring a few space heaters we should be alright...

Chin

Or we could do as Hollow1 does and chop wood in between sets.

Chin
01-22-08, 3:05 pm
Today was shoulder day... I was debating doing some legs, but my back was a little sore from yesterday so I thought I shouldn't risk damage on squats... As the snow fell in a blinding blizzard I trekked to the gym.

Military Press
95LBS x 15
125LBS x 10
145LBS x 8

Dumbell Shoulder Press
50LBS x 9
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8

Lateral Dumbell Raises - Supered with Seated Posterior Dumbell Raises
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 6
45LBS x 4 - Dropped to 20LBS x 5

Seated Posterior Dumbell Raises
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 10
40LBS x 7
45LBS x 8

Then I moved to the cable machine to hit up my shoulders with lateral cable flyes
30LBS x 10
40LBS x 7
50LBS x 5

I have no idea what this next exercise is called but basically you take the cable machine and rotate at the shoulder and have your forearm parallel to the floor and pull the D ring with your shoulder.
25LBS x 8
30LBS x 8
40LBS x 7

From there I moved onto Dumbbell Shrugs focusing on the holds and negatives
70LBS x 8
85LBS x 7
95LBS x 7

Running out of gas I tried to push through and moved over to the shrug machine and did reverse shrugs focusing on the isometric contraction
90LBS x FAILURE
150LBS x FAILURE
200LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Chin
01-22-08, 3:06 pm
Or we could do as Hollow1 does and chop wood in between sets.

I typically skip in between sets to keep my body temp up.. or as I am told it looks like I trying to do some bad break dancing moves... but chopping fire wood might work too..

Chin

Northman
01-22-08, 3:13 pm
I typically skip in between sets to keep my body temp up.. or as I am told it looks like I trying to do some bad break dancing moves... but chopping fire wood might work too..

Chin

I got a reply from our great northern friend. He is unable to attend on Sat. due to a previous engagement. Oh well, I guess we'll have to do it on our own. A-Dub is off with a recurring shoulder injury.

Chin
01-22-08, 3:14 pm
I got a reply from our great northern friend. He is unable to attend on Sat. due to a previous engagement. Oh well, I guess we'll have to do it on our own. A-Dub is off with a recurring shoulder injury.

So we are on eh? What is the time exactly? ... and it will just be like you and I, I guess..? Also would you be able to bring a measuring tape... I really really want to update my numbers... its been almost 9 months since I've had them taken....

Chin

Northman
01-22-08, 3:17 pm
So we are on eh? What is the time exactly? ... and it will just be like you and I, I guess..? Also would you be able to bring a measuring tape... I really really want to update my numbers... its been almost 9 months since I've had them taken....

Chin

Whatever time you are available should be ok. I'll bring a tape, just remind me. You get to keep it because I have a bunch of extra. Do you want some chalk too?

Chin
01-23-08, 2:11 am
Whatever time you are available should be ok. I'll bring a tape, just remind me. You get to keep it because I have a bunch of extra. Do you want some chalk too?

If its alright I am hoping it could be at about 8:30 just because I want to get a meal in after work and hopefully not throw it up this time...

And oh yes I would love some chalk, that would be awesome... I've been asking around where people buy it around here.. the stuff I have from home depot isn't very good... its more like Drive way chalk than a lifting aid.

Chin

Northman
01-23-08, 3:54 am
If its alright I am hoping it could be at about 8:30 just because I want to get a meal in after work and hopefully not throw it up this time...

And oh yes I would love some chalk, that would be awesome... I've been asking around where people buy it around here.. the stuff I have from home depot isn't very good... its more like Drive way chalk than a lifting aid.

Chin

AM or PM?

Chin
01-23-08, 10:17 am
AM or PM?

lol... PM.. I DO NOT feel like limping into work...

Chin

Chin
01-24-08, 1:38 pm
Just when you think you know everything, you can realize you know nothing... Its been a long time since I've done volume training but today I decided to take a page from my friend hollow1's book. Due to my upcoming training day with Stiff, I decided to forgo my usual Thursday Leg session and instead substitute it with a High Volume Chest and Back Day. Every single set was kept to minimal resting periods... Less than 1 minute.

Flat Barbell Bench
115LBS x 20
135LBS x 15
135LBS x 14

Wide grip Bent over barbell Row
135LBS x 20
135LBS x 17
135LBS x 14

Incline Dumbbell Press
40LBS x 20
50LBS x 16
50LBS x 14

Wide grip Lat pulldown
90LBS x 20
110LBS x 16
100LBS x 16

Decline Machine Press- I did some split reps to give myself a rest pause feel
90LBS x 20
140LBS x 18
140LBS x 17

Lower Cable Pulls
80LBS x 20
90LBS x 18
100LBS x 19

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
20LBS x 20
25LBS x 18
25LBS x 18

Upright Lat Pullover
40LBS x 12
50LBS x 12
50LBS x 10

Then to bring it home I supered A standard push up with Inverted Rows
Push Ups
3 Sets x FAILURE

Inverted Rows
3 Sets x FAILURE

I left the gym with one of the most retarded pumps I have every felt in a long time... I must thank Hollow for reminding me volume training has its place everyone's training regiment.

Chin

Hollow
01-24-08, 2:03 pm
Hey that is copyright infringement, swiping my volume workouts...just kidding Chin. Your workout was flipping insane!

Northman
01-24-08, 10:16 pm
I must thank Hollow for reminding me volume training has its place everyone's training regiment.

You don't get a physique like Hollow1's without knowing a thing or two. It just so happens that both of you seem to have the testicle fortitude to apply your knowledge.

Chin
01-25-08, 12:33 pm
An armed response... an action that shows force... Destruction... These are the thoughts that run through my head as I enter the gym all the time... I change, I become a different person... or some god awful animal that only wants to destroy everything...

As I entered the gym one of my gym songs came up on my IPOD, the track is by Disturbed - Forgiven. As I went into condition red the lyrics filled my head loud and clear...

Walking the line that the world has drawn
Fighting for balance, alone in the dark
Will you carry the burden the world has grown?
Will you destroy everything in your sight?
You alone can give this one more try
You alone will bury me tonight

A wave of truth came over me... I locked in and prepared for battle...

Chin

Chin
01-25-08, 12:49 pm
Today was arm day... in my opinion my weakest body parts... I wanted nothing but to destroy myself and everything in my path.

Straight bar curls supered with Incline Straight bar Skull Crushers
Straight bar curls
Bar x 15
Bar + 30LBS x 10
Bar + 50LBS x 8
Bar + 60LBS x 5- 1 Forced

Incline Straight Bar Skull Crushers
Bar x 15
Bar + 30LBS x 12
Bar + 50LBS x 9
Bar + 60LBS x 8

Alternating Standing Dumbell Curls supered with Overhead Tricep Dumbell Extensions
Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curls
25LBS x 9
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8

Overhead Tricep Dumbbell Extensions
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8

With almost no rest I moved over to an incline bench and did, Incline dumbell curls with lying tricep extensions
Incline Bicep Curls
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 8

Lying Tricep Extensions
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 10

I then moved to the cable machine to super my high cable curls with single armed reverse tricep pushdown - Focusing on Isometric holds, negatives and Minimal rest time < 30 seconds

High Cable Curls
25LBS x 9
40LBS x 10
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 5

Reverse Tricep pull down
25LBS x 9
40LBS x 7
50LBS x 6
60LBS x 4

to finish my workout I decided to get a final pump into my arms by doing EZ bar curls with reverse EZ bar curls to work my forearms

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
2 Sets - Bar + 40LBS x FAILURE
1 Set - Bar + 20LBS x FAILURE

EZ bar Curls
2 Sets - Bar + 40LBS x FAILURE
1 Set - Bar + 20LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
01-25-08, 1:41 pm
Freaking nice arm session Chin!

I'll let you know sometime on the weekend where I stand about placing my next order.

obrien.sk
01-25-08, 5:17 pm
nice arm session man. just found your journey, likin what im seeing. i too have been one to throw in the supersets as well. keep up the good work.

krazyassmexican
01-25-08, 5:20 pm
what up brotherman
kickin ass up in here G

Northman
01-25-08, 11:33 pm
Arm day for you to, eh?

You did more than me :(

Chin
01-27-08, 1:22 am
As I have stated before... Just as you think you know everything... There comes a certain point you realize you know nothing. It is in these moments that I have knowledgeable brothers in arms such as Nightshift, Hollow1, Krazy, Third, Herdz and Stiff...

There is a certain level of comradery that I accept and acknowledge to anyone who takes a step on this great journey. I can admire any man that lives his life in this way. There is an extremely thin line between determination and insanity and personally I think Stiff runs on both those lines... He is a wealth of knowledge and I am glad I can train with him anytime.

Progression is the key...
And to show you how far I have come I have finally gained the ability to update my stats with Stiff's help...

At last glance during the summer when I was training at home I was 6'1" 218LBS 43.32.25 or
43" Chest
32" Waist
25" Thighs

Being on my bulk phase I've managed to ramp up the weight and my size... I now stand at
228LBS
46.5" Chest
35" Waist
26" Thighs - give or take a bit because of a pump

I have come accept the hunger to gain these numbers and I ultimately have no goals other than making them the biggest they can possibly get. And as Wrath has said "Though I’ve accomplished much in seven weeks, that doesn’t change a damn thing... I’ve still got many weeks to go. So I will pull my cap down low, and push on, toiling in anonymity.”

Chin

obrien.sk
01-27-08, 1:30 am
Keep it goin strong man. As long as you keep the attitude you have those numbers will just keep growin.

Chin
01-27-08, 1:33 am
Today I drove down to Hard Knox and Trained my legs out with Stiff...

Squats
225LBS x 12
315LBS x 10
365LBS x 6
405LBS x 5 - 1 Forced... I don't actually remember this... because Stiff was yelling at me so hard to get the weight up

Hack Squat - Reverse Deadlift
315LBS x 8
315LBS x 6

Then Stiff and I supersetted Seated Hamstring curls with Leg Extensions
Seated Hamstring Curls
140LBS x 10
260LBS x 10
260LBS x 8

Leg Extensions
140LBS x 10
260LBS x 10
260LBS x 7

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
315LBS x 6
315LBS x 5
315LBS x 6

Although I thought I was in good shape... Working out with Stiff just makes me realize how much harder I have to push myself to be all that I can be... Ultimately the first step to success is realizing that you can improve and addressing that problem....

Chin

Hollow
01-27-08, 9:46 am
Hey Chin how are the legs feeling today? Looks like you both killed the legs with great intensity!

Chin
01-27-08, 6:53 pm
Hey Chin how are the legs feeling today? Looks like you both killed the legs with great intensity!

Hrm.. lets not talk about that.. I hate working after leg days... I was basically forced to take a rest day...

Chin

Elite
01-27-08, 7:01 pm
Legs are banging!.
Your attitude and outlook on life and training is still spot on. Gonna rock the Arnold bro!

Chin
01-28-08, 10:23 am
Legs are banging!.
Your attitude and outlook on life and training is still spot on. Gonna rock the Arnold bro!

Training with Stiff brings out the best in you... ha everyone should get a session in with him...

Today was Chest Day... Just my standard chest Day

Incline Barbell Press
135LBS x 12
165LBS x 9
205LBS x 8
225LBS x 6 - 1 Forced

Flat Dumbbell Press
65LBS x 10
75LBS x 10
85LBS x 8

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 55LBS x 5
Dropped to
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 4
Dropped to
Bodyweight x 3

Cable Cross overs - Focusing on isometric contractions
50LBS x 10
60LBS x 7
70LBS x 5 - Dropped to 40LBS x 6

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30LBS x 10
40LBS x 8
30LBS x 8

Finished it off by doing some plyo pushups to failure
Plyometric Push ups
3 Sets x FAILURE

Chin

krazyassmexican
01-28-08, 10:24 am
always good to train with another animal
it brings the best out of you, good shit chin keep it up

Northman
01-28-08, 4:35 pm
You've gotta stop talking me up buddy. People are going to start having expectations I can't meet, lol!

Solid session. Drop sets everywhere, then pushups to failure! Remember the conversation we had about cramps? Don't be helping anyone with their form tomorrow.

Hollow
01-28-08, 7:28 pm
Great chest workout Chin!

You said:
Training with Stiff brings out the best in you... ha everyone should get a session in with him...

I'll second that notion!

Chin
01-29-08, 7:49 am
Great chest workout Chin!

You said:

I'll second that notion!

I think shifty and herdz would too..

Chin

Chin
01-29-08, 12:58 pm
I was reading G Diesel's Weekly Diary and today reminded me of one of his logs...

It reads "The real triumph is born of getting shit done-executing in the midst of chaos, carrying on when others are carried off on a stretcher."

Today was my back and bicep day...
But to my horror as I entered the gym, the football and part of the hockey team were in the midst of their workouts. Using all 4 squat racks, my thoughts raced for other methods of working out.

I started with Wide grip bent over barbell rows
Bent over Rows
135LBS x 12
185LBS x 9
215LBS x 9

Wide grip lat pull down
100LBS x 10
150LBS x 8
200LBS x 5 - Dropped to 130LBS x 6

Dumbbell Rows
55LBS x 8
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 7

Seated Cable rows
90LBS x 10
140LBS x 7
160LBS x 6

And this is where the chaos came in and everything went nuts
I started with Reverse Grip Barbell Rows and supered them with Neutral Grip Chin ups

Reverse Grip barbell rows
135LBS x 10
135LBS x 10

Neutral Grip Pulls ups
Bodyweight x 5
Bodyweight x 4

I was going to continue but both teams left at the same time so i decided to finish my back off with Deadlifts
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 5
275LBS x 5
315LBS x 4

I then moved to the dumbbell section and ran the rack with dumbell curls all to failure
3 Sets - Dumbell Curls FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
01-29-08, 1:51 pm
Well Chin you definitely executed one hell of a back/bicep workout in the midst of chaos!

obrien.sk
01-29-08, 2:28 pm
damn that is intense. rack curls to failure is always fun. nice work.

Northman
01-29-08, 3:55 pm
Looks good. I hate chaos in my gym, which is one of the reasons I usually train early in the morning or late at night. I hope your hurting tomorrow, as only a friend would.

Chin
01-29-08, 8:31 pm
Well Chin you definitely executed one hell of a back/bicep workout in the midst of chaos!

You do what you can... I will never turn away... I will not forfeit..

damn that is intense. rack curls to failure is always fun. nice work.

I just go for as many reps as possible after my back... I will switch it up next week probably.. maybe some Pinwheel Curls... ha

Looks good. I hate chaos in my gym, which is one of the reasons I usually train early in the morning or late at night. I hope your hurting tomorrow, as only a friend would.

I am never completely recovered... I am always sore... this is the pain I have become accustomed to... I am pretty sure everyone else knows exactly what it is too...

Chin

obrien.sk
01-29-08, 10:07 pm
yeah man, glad you're interested in those. that was actually the first time in a long time that i have done them, you can put up a lot more weight compare to regular curls. good luck.

Chin
01-31-08, 11:20 am
Have you ever had one of those days..? You know the ones I am talking about... the ones where you are like... Shit I should stay in bed? Something is going to hit the fan today? One of those days?

Today was one of those days for me... It was also leg day... (You can probably see where this is leading) Anyone I have ever trained or trained with will tell you I love legs... I think they are the foundation to a good body... Without legs you have nothing... I love to train my legs... but there are those days where you are like this is a bad idea.

As I walked off to the gym in -15C weather this morning my right knee was clicking a little... nothing out of the ordinary for me... I thought nothing of it... As I warmed up on the squat rack , it became more and more evident that my knee was not 100%. But I continued anyways...

Squat
135LBS x 15
225LBS x 10
275LBS x 7
315LBS x 7
365LBS x 7

Now this is where it got ugly... I loaded the bar with 405LBS... and I know I can do this weight I have done it several times before... but a hint of doubt had entered my head, the minute that happened I was in trouble.. I unracked the weight... struggling to find my balance and foot placement... I went down... and then this bar was not going up... I told myself "Oh Fuck"... I was going to let it go... but then in an instant I thought.. "Why am I here? What are you doing?"... In a second, I looked down and thought of my family... I thought I do this for them... I do this for me... and no piece of shit bar is going to stop me... up the bar went... and down and up... repped it out...

405LBS x 5 - 1 Forced rep

I turned around after racking the weight and puked everywhere... Everyone came rushing over to see if I was ok... and I told them I was good and going to finish my workout... and I did.

Reverse Deadlift - Hack squat
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
315LBS x 5

Stiff legged Deadlift
135LBS x 7
225LBS x 7
275LBS x 5

Sets were kept to a minimal and inbetween them I did body squats alternating between regular and wide stance.
Seated Hamstring curls
120LBS x 12
170LBS x 10
230LBS x 5 - Dropped to 140LBS x 6

Leg Extensions
130LBS x 10
180LBS x 8
230LBS x 9 - Dropped to 140LBS x 4

Calf Raises - Focusing on Isometric Holds
115LBS x 10
180LBS x 7
245LBS x 7
270LBS x 5

Then to finish off the workout I supersetted Seated Calf Raises with Dumbbell Lunges...
Seated Calf Raises
100LBS x 8
140LBS x 8
170LBS x 5

Lunges
3 sets - 30 LBS x FAILURE

Stretched it out and limped home... Just remember brothers... To get at it, you'd have to cut away all the layers of doubt and distraction till knife hits bone. ...

Chin

Hollow
01-31-08, 11:59 am
Outfuckingstanding Chin! That is what it is all about! My hat is off to you Chin! Intense, very intense!

On a lighter note, did you have anything to eat after chuking?

Chin
01-31-08, 12:13 pm
Outfuckingstanding Chin! That is what it is all about! My hat is off to you Chin! Intense, very intense!

On a lighter note, did you have anything to eat after chuking?

I had nothing to eat... I chugged alot of water and just motored through the rest of my workout... Worse part about it, once you puke... I find that your body tends to want to do it again... and after I finished my workout and I drank my Carb shake with Nitro I almost lost it again in the locker room...

Chin

ronald1919
01-31-08, 12:46 pm
what a hardcore legs day, great numbers. We should definetly hook up one day. Where do you live in toronto? What gym do you go to? Do you go to school?

I go to york univ and train at the gym there. lots of big guys, but havent seen any train with this intensity.

obrien.sk
01-31-08, 1:43 pm
fuckin animalistic. solid day. pukin is always a sign of accomplisment.

Chin
01-31-08, 5:17 pm
what a hardcore legs day, great numbers. We should definetly hook up one day. Where do you live in toronto? What gym do you go to? Do you go to school?

I go to york univ and train at the gym there. lots of big guys, but havent seen any train with this intensity.

Intensity is the key to gains... I push myself everytime I go to the gym... some of my friends don't want to talk to me because they say it looks like I could kill them. Which I can understand... I wear the pain on my face and I release it when I lift. As for where I school...

I do go to University, I am currently finishing up my Bio Degree at Wilfrid Laurier, That being said I live out in Waterloo for most of the year, but my parents are in Scarbrough...

fuckin animalistic. solid day. pukin is always a sign of accomplisment.

Ha... I wish it was... sometimes it seems just too easy to do... I always tell people its not a big deal... and that when it happens it means I am working hard.

Chin

Northman
02-01-08, 2:24 am
Good workout. I hope it wasn't bananas again.

Chin
02-01-08, 11:10 am
Good workout. I hope it wasn't bananas again.

Nah it wasn't... it was the good stuff... I am still on my morning workouts so it was pretty much all water and supps...

So it being my morning training sessions.. I walked to my gym this morning... to find that it wasn't open... Snow day has shut down my school... So I guess I had to take a rest day...

Chin

Northman
02-01-08, 11:24 am
Nah it wasn't... it was the good stuff... I am still on my morning workouts so it was pretty much all water and supps...

So it being my morning training sessions.. I walked to my gym this morning... to find that it wasn't open... Snow day has shut down my school... So I guess I had to take a rest day...

Chin

You are welcome to train with me around 8:00 today if you want. Give me a call.

Chin
02-01-08, 12:12 pm
You are welcome to train with me around 8:00 today if you want. Give me a call.

I get off work at 8:30... I don't know if it will work out tonight... unless you want to push the time back... Let me know..

Chin

Northman
02-01-08, 12:47 pm
I get off work at 8:30... I don't know if it will work out tonight... unless you want to push the time back... Let me know..

Chin

Unfortunately it won't in this case. I have a client at 9:15. Sorry about that.

Chin
02-01-08, 2:42 pm
Unfortunately it won't in this case. I have a client at 9:15. Sorry about that.

Nothing to be sorry about buddy... I will just forgo the training today and take a rest day... it happens... Can't always stick to a game plan..

Chin

Chin
02-01-08, 11:42 pm
Alright, so as most of the East coast of North America realizes by now... The sky just took a giant dump on us... that being said... waking up and hiking to the gym and finding it closed has annoyed me just a tad... So I decided to make an Eat log for today...

10:00 AM - Chin's Salsa Omelette - 3 Whole Eggs, 8 Egg Whites, 1/2 a Red pepper and 1/2 a Green pepper with 2 Table spoons of Salsa. Add one solid banana and there is my breakfast.

10:45 AM - Pak that shit...

12:30 PM - Chin's Grilled Chicken Cheese Sandwich - 1 8OZ Chicken breast (Georged) put in between 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 1 slice of no fat cheese with a dash of Diana sauce , Add another 8OZ chicken breast on that and we are good to go.

3:00 PM - Peanut and Banana Sandwich - 2 Slices of Whole wheat bread, 1 large banana, 3 Table spoons of Natty PB and a drizzle of honey.

4:45 PM - Chin's Mac and Cheese - 1/2 LBS of Extra lean Ground Beef + 1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Noodles + 5 slices of no fat cheese, add a 1/2 cup of Veggies

7:30 PM - Chin's Mac and Cheese again with Veggies

10:15 PM - Chin's Grilled Chicken Cheese Sandwich again

12:00 AM - 1/2 Cup No Fat Yogurt + 1/2 Cup Cottege Cheese, 1 Cup of Low fat milk and my night time supps...

Not bad for a kid in College... ha

Chin

Dozer
02-02-08, 12:14 am
College eatin's hard man...looks like you've got it under control.

Northman
02-02-08, 8:58 am
Damn! Those meals look delicious. I wish I could make a trade with a butcher whenever I want meat. Chicken is sooo expensive.

obrien.sk
02-02-08, 2:10 pm
the George Foreman is god lol. im stuck eating at my cafeteria for one final year and then next year i get to make my own food. im so fucking excited. buyin half a cow for a couple hundred, should be a good investment. likin that mac and cheese idea, might have to try it. good luck with the snow. montana got hit pretty hard too.

Chin
02-02-08, 7:13 pm
Back in the game after the White stuff got dumped on us... Today was Shoulder Day...

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
45LBS x 15
55LBS x 10
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 6 - 2 Forced... I had a bad spotter... I think i could have done more - Dropped to 40LBS x 6

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 6
45LBS x 5

Posterior Dumbbell Raises - Standing
30LBS x 10
35LBS x 9
40LBS x 9
45LBS x 8

Then I moved over to the cable machine and Hit up some lateral raises again, I try to keep maximum tension on my shoulders... so I try and raise the D ring higher than parallel and I focus really on the negative.

Lateral Cable Raises
25LBS x 6
40LBS x 6
50LBS x 5
60LBS x 5

Rear Cable Flyes
25LBS x 8
35LBS x 5
40LBS x 4

Moved onto Traps... Barbell Shrugs supered with Dumbbell Shrugs focusing on the isometric holds

Barbell Shrugs
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5
315LBS x 6

Dumbbell Shrugs
75LBS x 10
100LBS x 6
100LBS x 6

Chin

Chin
02-02-08, 7:27 pm
College eatin's hard man...looks like you've got it under control.

Yeah it only took me 2 years to figure out how to do it... Wish I would have found out sooner

Damn! Those meals look delicious. I wish I could make a trade with a butcher whenever I want meat. Chicken is sooo expensive.

lol I am so lucky you don't even have to tell me.. those 8OZ breasts cost me .50 each... I want to make more things but I am very limited in my ways...

the George Foreman is god lol. im stuck eating at my cafeteria for one final year and then next year i get to make my own food. im so fucking excited. buyin half a cow for a couple hundred, should be a good investment. likin that mac and cheese idea, might have to try it. good luck with the snow. montana got hit pretty hard too.

lol I don't know about buying the whole cow... it would be sweet if you could buy a cow and the meat could grow off of it like a fruit tree... ha. The George Foreman is probably one of the greatest investments I have ever made... Dare I say its better than all the supps in the world?

Chin

Hollow
02-02-08, 7:30 pm
Hey Chin I tell what we can do, if we can convince the city to change some of the bylaws we could start raising a few chickens and cows over here...lol!

Chin
02-02-08, 7:35 pm
Hey Chin I tell what we can do, if we can convince the city to change some of the bylaws we could start raising a few chickens and cows over here...lol!

Chris' Chicken farm... oh the possibilities are endless...

Chin

Northman
02-02-08, 8:25 pm
Come on guys. Everyone knows that quail are easier to raise. They are small enough you could tell the authorities that they are pets.

Great workout Chin, especially the shrugs. I imagine you are having trouble talking on the phone.

Dozer
02-03-08, 2:36 am
Shoulders are lookin' strong, man. That's a lot of volume...

Chin
02-04-08, 10:12 am
Pushing through the pain... pushing outside of the comfort zone... we do it almost everyday, or I hope you do. Just you and the Iron and nothing in between. Not even Pain.

Influenced by Machine's New Article... I decided to up my strength a little... It was Back Day...

Wide Grip Weighted Chin ups...
Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 4 - Dropped to Bodyweight x 4

Deadlifts
185LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5
315LBS x 5

Does anyone else feel like nothing else really matters when lifting? I ask this question because I have deadlift shins, basically a giant rough spot up my shins from dragging the bar up my shins... I was so focused and unaware that I had basically split my shin and I spewing blood out onto my pants. Didn't matter... I just kept going

So then I movd onto Bent over barbbell Rows, I supered Wide Grip and Reverse Grip in high volume

Reverse Grip Barbbell Rows
135LBS x 15
135LBS x 10
135LBS x 10

Bent Over Wide Grip Barbbell Rows
135LBS x 12
135LBS x 9
135LBS x 7

Moved over to the Lat Pull down machine, Focused on Holds and Negatives
Lat Pull down
110LBS x 8
130LBS x 7
150LBS x 5

To finish off my workout I set up a Circuit with exercises to Failure with little or no rest inbetween
Barbbell Curls
3 Sets - 55LBS x FAILURE

Inverted Row
3 Sets - Bodyweight x FAILURE

Pinwheel/Cross Body Curls
3 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
02-04-08, 10:26 am
Chris' Chicken farm... oh the possibilities are endless...

Chin

We just can't name them...for the boys sake...lol!

Looks like you dug in deeper for that workout Chin. Great workout!

Northman
02-04-08, 11:36 am
He isn't kidding. I've seen his shins and they look rough!

Chin
02-04-08, 12:44 pm
We just can't name them...for the boys sake...lol!

Looks like you dug in deeper for that workout Chin. Great workout!

lol, My grandmother showed me how to kill chickens.. last time I was at her place she had 2 of them. I named them Freddie and Nancy, well anyways we killed them and I ate them... I swear I was slightly disturbed by that but they tasted pretty good. Order went out ok?

He isn't kidding. I've seen his shins and they look rough!

Baby powder and Pants didn't even work...

Chin

Hollow
02-04-08, 2:08 pm
The order will be going out shortly...

obrien.sk
02-04-08, 3:19 pm
nice work, that super set is crazy man. how'd those pinwheels treat ya? they take some getting used to.

Chin
02-05-08, 10:17 am
The order will be going out shortly...

Got your PM... thanks Chris...

nice work, that super set is crazy man. how'd those pinwheels treat ya? they take some getting used to.

I've done them before... just not heavy... I normally did them as a final exercise to give my bis a nice flex... I am going to keep bumping them up in the rotation. How heavy do you normally go relative to your bicep curls?

Chin

Chin
02-05-08, 10:44 am
Chest day... I am finally looking forward to get off my morning routine rotations.. they are slowly starting to kill me ha... But I have grown fond of wincing in pain during my classes and through work.

Incline Dumbbell Press
45LBS x 15
55LBS x 10
70LBS x 8
85LBS x 7

Moved over to the Flat bench and Supered Wide grip flat bench with Dumbbell Bench

Wide grip bench press
135LBS x 6 - I fucked up my grip and almost dropped the bar on myself
135LBS x 8
165LBS x 10
185LBS x 8

Flat Dumbbell Press
55LBS x 7
70LBS x 6
70LBS x 6
50LBS x 4

Jumped on the dip machine and did some weighted dips
Dips
Bodyweight x 8
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 5 - Dropped to Bodyweight x 6

Cables were up next and I decided to run with Cable Cross overs and I guess reverse or lower Cable cross overs where you have the D rings at the bottom. Really tried to focus on the contraction.

Lower Cross overs
25LBS x 7
35LBS x 5
40LBS x 6

Cable Cross overs
40LBS x 10
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 6

Then I went back to the weights section to finish up with some Incline Flyes
Incline Flyes
25LBS x 10
40LBS x 8
50LBS x 8

Finished with some Closegrip pushups and headed off to the locker room...

Close Grip Push ups
2 Sets x FAILURE

Chin

Northman
02-05-08, 1:49 pm
You've been incorporating some of Hollow1's volume training I see. I hope it works as well for you as it does for him!

obrien.sk
02-05-08, 5:49 pm
I've done them before... just not heavy... I normally did them as a final exercise to give my bis a nice flex... I am going to keep bumping them up in the rotation. How heavy do you normally go relative to your bicep curls?

Chin

Im curlin the 50's right now for about 6 times with good form, so i shot up to about the 65's for about 8 per side with the pinwheels. form is sort of whatever feels best. ive seen some guys look like theyre using a lot of body english, but its just the way the lift looks. i plan on going heavier.

Hollow
02-06-08, 6:33 am
You guys talk about me doing Volume workouts, you kicked my ass on that one...lol! Great chest workout Chin. What time of the day will you be working out at since the morning sessions are on their way out?

Dozer
02-06-08, 2:02 pm
Pushing through the pain... pushing outside of the comfort zone... we do it almost everyday, or I hope you do. Just you and the Iron and nothing in between. Not even Pain.

Influenced by Machine's New Article... I decided to up my strength a little... It was Back Day...

Wide Grip Weighted Chin ups...
Bodyweight x 10
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 35LBS x 4 - Dropped to Bodyweight x 4

Deadlifts
185LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5
315LBS x 5

Does anyone else feel like nothing else really matters when lifting? I ask this question because I have deadlift shins, basically a giant rough spot up my shins from dragging the bar up my shins... I was so focused and unaware that I had basically split my shin and I spewing blood out onto my pants. Didn't matter... I just kept going

So then I movd onto Bent over barbbell Rows, I supered Wide Grip and Reverse Grip in high volume

Reverse Grip Barbbell Rows
135LBS x 15
135LBS x 10
135LBS x 10

Bent Over Wide Grip Barbbell Rows
135LBS x 12
135LBS x 9
135LBS x 7

Moved over to the Lat Pull down machine, Focused on Holds and Negatives
Lat Pull down
110LBS x 8
130LBS x 7
150LBS x 5

To finish off my workout I set up a Circuit with exercises to Failure with little or no rest inbetween
Barbbell Curls
3 Sets - 55LBS x FAILURE

Inverted Row

Pinwheel/Cross Body Curls
3 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Back workout looks tight man, and I get the same thing, though I don't know about SPEWING blood...

Chin
02-06-08, 10:38 pm
You guys talk about me doing Volume workouts, you kicked my ass on that one...lol! Great chest workout Chin. What time of the day will you be working out at since the morning sessions are on their way out?

Going back to my 7 - 9PM time slot... I like the volume training once in a while.. I get a great pump and I am still sore today... which is always a good thing.... I got your PM by the way, Thanks I appreciate it buddy... Thanks for keeping in the loop...

Back workout looks tight man, and I get the same thing, though I don't know about SPEWING blood...

My whole right shin is basically a big scab... when I run the bar across it, it peels... so it just runs down my leg... I basically have a red striped sock... lol

Chin

Chin
02-06-08, 10:59 pm
Alright... Ontario got another dumping on by mother nature... school canceled = Gym Closed.

So just another Eating log for the day...

9:00AM - Scrambled Eggs - 3 Whole Eggs, 6 Egg Whites + 1 banana

9:30AM - Pak

11:30AM - 1 Potato + 2 Lean Ground Beef patties Georged to perfection

1:30PM - Banana Nut Muffin + 250mL of Chocolate milk

3:00PM - Chin's Mac and Cheese - 1/2 LBS extra lean Ground beef, 1/2 Cup Whole wheat noodles + 1/2 Cup of mixed Vegats

5:30PM - Roast Beef Sandwich on Whole wheat bread

7:00PM - Chin's mac and cheese again

10:00PM - Maple Glazed Salmon steak with 1 Cup of veggies

12:00PM - Should eat some cottege cheese and some yogurt

Chin

Chin
02-07-08, 1:19 pm
Snow snow snow... its everywhere... you know you live in Canada when you step outside and snow reaches your knees...

Upon leaving my house this morning to go to the gym I realized probably the hardest part of my gym experience today would be the walk home... Why you ask? Legs...

Wide Stance Squats
185LBS x 12
225LBS x 8
275LBS x 8
315LBS x 6
365LBS x 4 - Dropped back to 185LBS x 4

Then I supered Stiff legged Deadlifts with Reverse deadlift/Hacksquat

Stiff Legged Deadlift
135LBS x 8
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5

Hacksquat
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 5
275LBS x 4

Then I moved over to the incline leg press machine and I did some split reps... So in doing this You start with both feet on the platform, then after a few reps take one of your feet of the platform and peform the exercise with one leg... then switch legs... then put them both back on the platform to rep out a few more.

Incline leg press - split reps
140LBS x 4 - Split x 5 - 4
180LBS x 4 - Split x 4 - 4
230LBS x 3 - Split x 4 - 5

then I moved onto the worst freaking part of my workout which I love Leg extensions supered with Seated hamstring curls with body squats inbetween literally no rest periods

Leg Extension
120LBS x 10
170LBS x 8
230LBS x 4 - I was tried, cheating to much I took a break
230LBS x 9 - Dropped to 150LBS x 7

Seated Hamstring curls
120LBS x 10
170LBS x 8
230LBS x 8

Then i went back to the squat rack to max out my squats and stiff legged deads
Squat
135LBS x FAILURE

Stiff legged deadlifts
135LBS x FAILURE

I stretched it out the best I could... limped down the stairs home. Fitting that there was so much snow outside today... I wore all black and white to the gym. I must have looked like a giant penguin walking down University Ave.

Chin

obrien.sk
02-07-08, 1:22 pm
oh man i hate walkin back to the dorms in snow after leg day. did that on tuesday, always fun. those burn outs at the end must have killed. nice work.

Hollow
02-07-08, 2:14 pm
Next time you do legs on a snow day let me know and I'll lend you my dogs and they can pull you back to your dorm...LOL!

Very intense leg session Chin!

Northman
02-07-08, 3:42 pm
Great leg session! I see you also like to focus on free-weight exercises. I've got a penguin joke I'll tell you next time we meet.

Chin
02-08-08, 10:26 pm
oh man i hate walkin back to the dorms in snow after leg day. did that on tuesday, always fun. those burn outs at the end must have killed. nice work.

Live for the Pump... I love failure sets I feel that they help my growth alot.

Next time you do legs on a snow day let me know and I'll lend you my dogs and they can pull you back to your dorm...LOL!

Very intense leg session Chin!

It would have been nice... I live about 5 minutes from my gym with the snow and the limpage it took me almost 15 minutes to walk home. It was not fun at all.

Great leg session! I see you also like to focus on free-weight exercises. I've got a penguin joke I'll tell you next time we meet.

Love the free weights... I very rarely use machines minus the leg press, leg extension and hamstring curl machine.

Chin

Dozer
02-09-08, 1:31 am
Snow snow snow... its everywhere... you know you live in Canada when you step outside and snow reaches your knees...

Upon leaving my house this morning to go to the gym I realized probably the hardest part of my gym experience today would be the walk home... Why you ask? Legs...

Wide Stance Squats
185LBS x 12
225LBS x 8
275LBS x 8
315LBS x 6
365LBS x 4 - Dropped back to 185LBS x 4

Then I supered Stiff legged Deadlifts with Reverse deadlift/Hacksquat

Stiff Legged Deadlift
135LBS x 8
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 5

Hacksquat
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 5
275LBS x 4

Then I moved over to the incline leg press machine and I did some split reps... So in doing this You start with both feet on the platform, then after a few reps take one of your feet of the platform and peform the exercise with one leg... then switch legs... then put them both back on the platform to rep out a few more.

Incline leg press - split reps
140LBS x 4 - Split x 5 - 4
180LBS x 4 - Split x 4 - 4
230LBS x 3 - Split x 4 - 5

then I moved onto the worst freaking part of my workout which I love Leg extensions supered with Seated hamstring curls with body squats inbetween literally no rest periods

Leg Extension
120LBS x 10
170LBS x 8
230LBS x 4 - I was tried, cheating to much I took a break
230LBS x 9 - Dropped to 150LBS x 7

Seated Hamstring curls
120LBS x 10
170LBS x 8
230LBS x 8

Then i went back to the squat rack to max out my squats and stiff legged deads
Squat
135LBS x FAILURE

Stiff legged deadlifts
135LBS x FAILURE

I stretched it out the best I could... limped down the stairs home. Fitting that there was so much snow outside today... I wore all black and white to the gym. I must have looked like a giant penguin walking down University Ave.

Chin

LOVE the volume man, and nice numbers! Keep going strong bro!

Chin
02-09-08, 12:38 pm
Everything we do in this great sport of ours is defined by numbers... Size is measured in inches, in some cases millimeters. The gains we strive so hard for are separated by a split second and then failure could be right around that corner. Such a split second can define glory or a massive injury. I had such a second today... It was shoulder day...

Standing Military Press
95LBS x 10
135LBS x 8
155LBS x 6

I jumped onto the bench to do some dumbbell shoulder presses
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8
75LBS x 7 - This is where I ran into my problem... I had asked for a spot because I've never tried to rep this weight so many times before... I SPECIFICALLY asked if he knew how to spot for this... and he said yes and I asked him to spot me at the elbows.. anyways I wasn't really struggling with the weight at all. Until the 8th rep... when I started to press up, my right hand started rolling back and before I could correct this the dumbbell rolled all the way back pulling my arm with it.

3/4 of the way through the press and with my arm falling back I managed to roll the dumbbell off my hand.. saving my shoulder... but the dumbbell exploded into pieces.

I turned around and looked right at the spot and he said "you weren't struggling I thought you were fine"... for the love of Christ, I know most of you guys train alone. But if you ever spot someone please pay attention.

ANYWAYS... after I assessed my shoulder, I figured I was alright to continue...

So I supered Lateral Dumbbell raises with Upright Rows
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8

Upright Rows - Focused on the negatives
55LBS x 6
75LBS x 6
85LBS x 6

Then I did some Bent over Posterior Raises
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8

Moved over to the cable machine and supered Lateral cable raises with Rear Delt flyes
Lateral Cable Raises - Focused on getting above the parallel plain and negatives
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 5
50LBS x 4

Rear Delt Flyes
25LBS x 8
30LBS x 6
35LBS x 4 - Dropped to 30LBS x 3

I moved back to the squat rack to do my Shrugs supered Dumbbell and Barbbell - Always focus on the holds and negatives with these bad boys
Barbell Shrugs
185LBS x 8
275LBS x 6
365LBS x 4

Dumbbell Shrugs
75LBS x 8
75LBS x 6
75LBS x 4

I finished off my workout by doing a quick circuit with 20LBS dumbbells
Standing Arnold Press into a shoulder press
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

Posterior Dumbbell Raises
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

I have some minor pain in my trap but I think that is from the shrugs.. Hopefully there is nothing wrong... I've have my fair share of injuries... and I know how crushing they can be.
Chin

Northman
02-09-08, 2:12 pm
Enough shoulder work, you think? Keep an eye on your shoulder, was it the one that was previously broken?

ronald1919
02-09-08, 2:41 pm
I have had a similar experience. It resulted to a micro-tear in my right shoulder, I cant do side laterals at all. Still train heavy but injuries force you to train smart.

Your shoulder day seem a bit of an overkill to me. Shoulders get enough work during chest day, one compound move and few isolation moves are usually enough to kill them off. Still solid numbers throughout the workout, its all good as long as your shoulders are growing.

obrien.sk
02-09-08, 4:50 pm
had the same experience. thankfully the guy knew what he was doing and snagged the weight and told me to drop it, saving my shoulder. but ive had the same thing happen by myself. that shit scares the crap out of you.

nice work man. i think im gonna start throwin in failure sets during my cut. they just sound too intense to pass up. keep it goin.

Chin
02-09-08, 7:11 pm
Enough shoulder work, you think? Keep an eye on your shoulder, was it the one that was previously broken?

No it was my other one... so I guess I evened them out... lol. But I have no real pain... it feels a little looser but I don't think there was any damage done.. I mean I went to work after and was slinging kegs and cases of beer with no pain issues... to be honest my legs still hurt more than my shoulder after my workout lol.

I have had a similar experience. It resulted to a micro-tear in my right shoulder, I cant do side laterals at all. Still train heavy but injuries force you to train smart.

Your shoulder day seem a bit of an overkill to me. Shoulders get enough work during chest day, one compound move and few isolation moves are usually enough to kill them off. Still solid numbers throughout the workout, its all good as long as your shoulders are growing.

You may think they get alot of work... I can be honest my front delt is fairly developed... My back is lacking a little because I don't use it as much as you think during my back workouts in my opinion. My weakest part of my body used to be my shoulders for obvious reasons.. fragged collarbone. So I smashed and drove my shoulders into the ground and now I think they are my second best attribute. Some people will argue its overkill but I would much rather work'em hard then rely on my chest and back days... plus by hitting them laterally... it makes you look bigger, which is never a bad thing.

had the same experience. thankfully the guy knew what he was doing and snagged the weight and told me to drop it, saving my shoulder. but ive had the same thing happen by myself. that shit scares the crap out of you.

nice work man. i think im gonna start throwin in failure sets during my cut. they just sound too intense to pass up. keep it goin.

Love my failure sets, just tells me I gave 110%, nothing left in the tank and drove my body into the ground. Plus I find by doing a light weight or bodyweight movements I get an awesome pump.

Chin

Chin
02-09-08, 7:31 pm
I've had a few PM's about my eating habits in relationship to my morning training so I figured I would do it this now rather than later when I go back to nights.

11:50PM - Eat - 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese + 1/2 Cup No fat Yogurt, 250mL 1% Milk + 2.5g Flaxseed Oil, 1 tablet 3,6,9 Omega pill
12:00AM - Sleeps
7:00AM - 250mL Water + 2g L - Arginine
7:10AM - Back to sleep
9:20AM - Back up
9:30AM - 500mL Water + 30G Gatoraid + 400mg Caffeine, 1 Green Tea Extract pill
9:45AM - 500mL Water + 2, 40g Scoops of Whey + 5g Glutamine + 5g Monohydrate, 1 Medium Sized Banana
10:30AM - 500mL Water + 20g Shock Therapy + 20g Storm
10:45AM - Gym - IN the Game
12:00PM - Post Workout - 500mL Water + 40g Waxy Maze Starch + 20g Maltodextrin + 20g Storm, 1 Nitro Pack
12:30PM - 300mL Water + Weight Gainer
1:15PM - 2, 8OZ potatoes + 12OZ Round Eye Steak
3:00PM - 1, 6OZ Potatoe + 8OZ Chicken Breast + 1/2 Cup Veggies
5:30PM - 6OZ Round Eye Steak + 1/2 Cup Veggies
7:30PM - 6OZ Simmering Blade Steak + 1/2 Cup veggies

I will post the rest later... after I decide what I am going to eat.. Ha.. getting hungry again.

Chin

Chin
02-10-08, 12:50 am
8:30PM - Chin's banana sandwich - 1/2 banana + 2 Tbl Spoons of Natty PB on 2 Whole wheat slices of bred
10:30PM - Chin's Chicken Sandwich - 6OZ Chicken Breast + 1 slice of no fat cheese on 2 Whole Wheat slices of bread
1:00PM - 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese + 1/2 Cup no fat yogurt, 2g Flaxseed Oil, 1 - 3,6,9 Omega tablet.

Forgot to mention 30 minutes after I eat my meal following my workout I pak that shit up

Chin

Hollow
02-10-08, 7:05 am
Damn Chin...talk about volume work! Great shoulder workout and I hope your shoulder is okay. As I was reading your diet it was making me damn hungry, problem is I am hitting legs this morning and I don't feel like chuking.

Are you ready for another blast of winter...dogs are geared up if you need them...lol. The oder is going out Monday.

Northman
02-10-08, 10:41 am
I was thinking about your shins. Have you tried wearing tights (like spandex) or long underwear?

obrien.sk
02-10-08, 11:32 am
your diet is pretty sick. i cannot wait to make my own food. you must be runnin a pretty fast metabolism, do you see a lot of body fat gain from eatin so much so late in the day?

Chin
02-11-08, 1:12 am
Damn Chin...talk about volume work! Great shoulder workout and I hope your shoulder is okay. As I was reading your diet it was making me damn hungry, problem is I am hitting legs this morning and I don't feel like chuking.

Are you ready for another blast of winter...dogs are geared up if you need them...lol. The oder is going out Monday.

Man colder than cold outside today Hollow... if I didn't have a block heater for my car I would have to borrow your dogs lol. As for Legs, thats why I love training them in the morning on an empty stomach.

I was thinking about your shins. Have you tried wearing tights (like spandex) or long underwear?

I wear compressions all the time, but I don't have anything that long... if the temp keeps this cold I might just have to wear 2 pairs of pants into the gym to workout.

your diet is pretty sick. i cannot wait to make my own food. you must be runnin a pretty fast metabolism, do you see a lot of body fat gain from eatin so much so late in the day?

Bodyfat has gone up slightly... not much.. I've put on about 14LBS in 2 months... most of it lean... I got 2 more months on this bulk to go until I start cutting in the end of April... Whoever says bulking is easy is crazy lol... I did this last winter to I went from 198LBS - 240LBS but the 40LBS I gained in 5 months was half and half... this bulk is going better, cleaner and my strength is significantly up, I will keep you posted

Chin

Chin
02-11-08, 1:14 am
As much as I hate to do it... I took a rest day for 2 reasons...

1) Just keep my shoulder under check and make sure its rested up for tomorrow...
2) Minus 31C with the wind outside... My gym shut down AGAIN...

Chin

Dozer
02-11-08, 2:43 am
Everything we do in this great sport of ours is defined by numbers... Size is measured in inches, in some cases millimeters. The gains we strive so hard for are separated by a split second and then failure could be right around that corner. Such a split second can define glory or a massive injury. I had such a second today... It was shoulder day...

Standing Military Press
95LBS x 10
135LBS x 8
155LBS x 6

I jumped onto the bench to do some dumbbell shoulder presses
60LBS x 8
70LBS x 8
75LBS x 7 - This is where I ran into my problem... I had asked for a spot because I've never tried to rep this weight so many times before... I SPECIFICALLY asked if he knew how to spot for this... and he said yes and I asked him to spot me at the elbows.. anyways I wasn't really struggling with the weight at all. Until the 8th rep... when I started to press up, my right hand started rolling back and before I could correct this the dumbbell rolled all the way back pulling my arm with it.

3/4 of the way through the press and with my arm falling back I managed to roll the dumbbell off my hand.. saving my shoulder... but the dumbbell exploded into pieces.

I turned around and looked right at the spot and he said "you weren't struggling I thought you were fine"... for the love of Christ, I know most of you guys train alone. But if you ever spot someone please pay attention.

ANYWAYS... after I assessed my shoulder, I figured I was alright to continue...

So I supered Lateral Dumbbell raises with Upright Rows
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
30LBS x 9
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8

Upright Rows - Focused on the negatives
55LBS x 6
75LBS x 6
85LBS x 6

Then I did some Bent over Posterior Raises
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8

Moved over to the cable machine and supered Lateral cable raises with Rear Delt flyes
Lateral Cable Raises - Focused on getting above the parallel plain and negatives
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 5
50LBS x 4

Rear Delt Flyes
25LBS x 8
30LBS x 6
35LBS x 4 - Dropped to 30LBS x 3

I moved back to the squat rack to do my Shrugs supered Dumbbell and Barbbell - Always focus on the holds and negatives with these bad boys
Barbell Shrugs
185LBS x 8
275LBS x 6
365LBS x 4

Dumbbell Shrugs
75LBS x 8
75LBS x 6
75LBS x 4

I finished off my workout by doing a quick circuit with 20LBS dumbbells
Standing Arnold Press into a shoulder press
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

Posterior Dumbbell Raises
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

I have some minor pain in my trap but I think that is from the shrugs.. Hopefully there is nothing wrong... I've have my fair share of injuries... and I know how crushing they can be.
Chin

Wow..if you're having shoulder issues, shouldn't you take it kinda easy? That is a crazy amount of volume, man.

Northman
02-11-08, 3:31 am
Man colder than cold outside today Hollow... if I didn't have a block heater for my car I would have to borrow your dogs lol. As for Legs, thats why I love training them in the morning on an empty stomach.

I wear compressions all the time, but I don't have anything that long... if the temp keeps this cold I might just have to wear 2 pairs of pants into the gym to workout.
Chin

No kidding! Yesterday was -20 centegrate WITHOUT all that wind chill.

Hollow
02-11-08, 7:30 pm
As much as I hate to do it... I took a rest day for 2 reasons...

1) Just keep my shoulder under check and make sure its rested up for tomorrow...
2) Minus 31C with the wind outside... My gym shut down AGAIN...

Chin

Good to hear you are giving your shoulder a bit of a rest. Your gym closed because of the weather because...?

Chin
02-11-08, 11:31 pm
Shoulder seemed Ok so I decided to throw down a back workout today... Still cold as Antarctica outside, walked the block in the cold to clear my head and prepare for war.

Reverse Barbell Rows
95LBS x 15
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 7
225LBS x 7

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
110LBS x 8
140LBS x 6
170LBS x 6

Wide Grip Bent Over barbell rows
95LBS x 10
135LBS x 8
165LBS x 6
205LBS x 6

Moved over to the cable machine for Lower Cable Rows
100LBS x 8
130LBS x 8
160LBS x 5

To finish off my back workout I set up a circuit on the power rack - Wide Grip Chin Ups, Barbell Curls, Inverted Row

Wide Grip Chin ups
2 Sets - Bodyweight x FAILURE

Barbell Curls
3 Sets - Straight Bar x FAILURE

Inverted Row
2 Sets - Bodyweight x FAILURE

Moved quickly because I was coming up on the 1 hour mark of my workout and I just ran the rack supering Pinwheel Curls and Dumbbell Curls

Pinwheel Curls - Dumbell Curls - RUN THE RACK x FAILURE

On a side note my shoulder felt really good, nothing wrong... Rows were all solid... so when I put my hammer down tomorrow with chest we will really get a good look at it. ON top of that I am glad to be back on nights... I feel as if I have a little more strength and stamina...

Chin

Chin
02-11-08, 11:34 pm
Wow..if you're having shoulder issues, shouldn't you take it kinda easy? That is a crazy amount of volume, man.

At the time it wasn't really feeling bad.. so I decided to power through it... Worked out today everything seemed good...

No kidding! Yesterday was -20 centegrate WITHOUT all that wind chill.

Even colder today...

Good to hear you are giving your shoulder a bit of a rest. Your gym closed because of the weather because...?

Yeah I thought it was the smart thing to do... They close for snow days and such.. since the school runs it when they deem it "unsafe" to commute in they shut down... I can only assume it was because of the ice...

Chin

obrien.sk
02-11-08, 11:52 pm
nice work man. still lovin those failure sets. runnin the rack is always fun too. 225x7 for rows is heavy shit. keep it up.

Hollow
02-12-08, 7:36 am
Damn fine back workout Chin, great circuit at the end. Not as cold down here in the tropical region...lol! Our order was sent out last night, should be here in a couple of days.

Hollow
02-12-08, 9:21 pm
Hey Chin I hope you get your workout in before the gym closes their doors again due to the weather!

Chin
02-12-08, 10:36 pm
Chest, Abs and Tris Day

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
45LBS x 12
65LBS x 10
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 7

Barbbell Bench Press
135LBS x 8
185LBS x 8
225LBS x 5 - Dropped to 135LBS x 8

Dips
Bodyweight x 6
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 50LBS x 6 - Dropped to Bodyweight x 4

Then I supered Flat dumbbell press with Incline Dumbbell flyes
Flat Dumbbell Press
30LBS x 15
45LBS x 14
55LBS x 9

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30LBS x 10
45LBS x 8
55LBS x 8

I moved over to do some ball crunches but then I realized the cable machine was open so I decided to do a circuit instead...

Weighted Abs Crunches
90LBS x FAILURE
100LBS x FAILURE
110LBS x FAILURE

Ovehead Tricep Extensions
60LBS x FAILURE
80LBS x FAILURE
90LBS x FAILURE

Ball Crunches
3 Sets x FAILURE

These exercises weren't all preformed to complete failure... I just sorta lost count...

Finished it off by doing Another circuit...
Reverse Crunches
3 Sets x FAILURE

Tricep Pushdowns
3 Sets x FAILURE

Plyometric Push ups
3 Sets x FAILURE

Chin

Chin
02-12-08, 10:37 pm
Hey Chin I hope you get your workout in before the gym closes their doors again due to the weather!

ha... I basically ran there after my class...

Chin

Hollow
02-13-08, 9:02 am
Glad you got your workout in Chin and a damn good one at that!

Northman
02-13-08, 2:38 pm
Great session! It's good you don't have to shovel a lot.

Chin
02-13-08, 7:11 pm
As I sit here on the verge of my 500th Post the term Legendary will appear with my name... Thinking back there is nothing legendary about myself. I am an just an individual proving himself day in and day out.

I look back at all the individuals that I have meet and still yet to meet, but more importantly I look back at the 1 year since I've joined this community and I realize... I have learned so much, I have come so far but I still so much longer to go. But it is this community, this community that has given me the support to press on... from my friends....

Stiff the Maniac, Hollow the father, Herdz young gunz, Shifty the DC trainer... to people I have yet to meet in person but look to for advice... Krazy, Obrien, Dozer, Roland and many many more.

But most importantly, I do this for myself and my family... without them and their belief in me I have nothing...

As I continue to wander down this path of darkness... I only have to turn around for a brief moment to understand where I am. I thank you all.

Chin

Chin
02-13-08, 7:28 pm
Well, I was thinking about taking a rest day... but like Stiff says "Rest days?"

So I made today Arm day... Started off with Close grip EZ bar curls and supered them with Incline skull crushers

Close Grip EZ Bar Curls
65LBS x 10
75LBS x 8
85LBS x 7
95LBS x 5

Incline Skull Crushers
75LBS x 8
85LBS x 8
95LBS x 8

Moved over to a Preacher bench and I supered Dumbbell Curls with Overhead Dumbbell Extensions

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
30LBS x 8
35LBS x 6
40LBS x 5
45LBS x 5

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions
50LBS x 10
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 7

Cable time - High Cable Curls Supered with Reverse Pull Downs focusing on negatives and isometric contractions

High Cable Curls
30LBS x 8
40LBS x 7
50LBS x 7
60LBS x 4 - Dropped to 35LBS x 4

Reverse Pull downs
30LBS x 5
40LBS x 5
50LBS x 5
60LBS x 4

Then I moved over to the Preacher bench to finish it off with FAILURES

EZ Bar curls
3 Sets - 45LBS x FAILURE

Behind the back Wrist Rolls
3 Sets x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
02-13-08, 8:07 pm
This is Father Hollow...and I was not pleased with your last workout. For your penance you are to do 4 sets of Spider Curls...just kidding! I know you didn't mean that father.

It has been a great pleasure meeting and training with you. Once again Chin I say to you...great workout!

By the way...our order is in!!! All hail ProteinJunkie!

Northman
02-13-08, 10:56 pm
Maniac huh? I just got an image in my head of that hampster doing that dance in that commercial a couple of years back.

Great arm workout! I think you covered nearly every "intensity principle".

Chin
02-14-08, 1:33 pm
I went back to mornings just for today to get my legs done... I have an exam tonight so I couldn't lift after that.. So I decided to tweak my leg workout a little

Front Squats
75LBS x 20
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 5

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 6

Wide Stance Squat
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 8
315LBS x 7

Hack Squat
135LBS x 7
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 4

Then I moved over to the machines and did... Seated Leg Curls followed by Body squats... then I repeated with leg extensions and body squats

Seated Leg Curls
110LBS x 8
160LBS x 8
200LBS x 7

Leg Extensions
100LBS x 10
150LBS x 10
200LBS x 7
230LBS x 8 - Dropped to 140LBS x 5

To finish off the workout I Did some standing Calf raises - Focusing on isometric holds
160LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
270LBS x 6

Lunge matrix into a Step up
Lunge Matrix
2 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Step Ups
2 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
02-14-08, 4:11 pm
Are you going to be able to focus on your exam tonight with your legs throbbing. Freaking insane Chin! Wishing you the best on your exam tonight.

Northman
02-14-08, 11:29 pm
Are you going to be able to focus on your exam tonight with your legs throbbing. Freaking insane Chin! Wishing you the best on your exam tonight.

I agree with the venerable gentleman. You are going to have a hell of a time concentrating with all the blood in your legs. Make sure you get enough sleep. Recent studies have shown that if you read over your notes before committing to a good nights sleep you will generally score better than if you stayed up all night cramming.

LegendKillerJosh
02-15-08, 4:22 pm
I went back to mornings just for today to get my legs done... I have an exam tonight so I couldn't lift after that.. So I decided to tweak my leg workout a little

Front Squats
75LBS x 20
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 5

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 6

Wide Stance Squat
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 8
315LBS x 7

Hack Squat
135LBS x 7
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 4

Then I moved over to the machines and did... Seated Leg Curls followed by Body squats... then I repeated with leg extensions and body squats

Seated Leg Curls
110LBS x 8
160LBS x 8
200LBS x 7

Leg Extensions
100LBS x 10
150LBS x 10
200LBS x 7
230LBS x 8 - Dropped to 140LBS x 5

To finish off the workout I Did some standing Calf raises - Focusing on isometric holds
160LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
270LBS x 6

Lunge matrix into a Step up
Lunge Matrix
2 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Step Ups
2 Sets - 30LBS x FAILURE

Chin

This is my first time checking in on your journey Chin. That's some impressive leg work. Very well done. Is ultra-high volume a Canadian thing or something? Haha just kidding, keep it up.

Chin
02-16-08, 12:51 pm
Well... So begins my reading week... a time where people run off to find some sun.. enjoy themselves... and where do I find myself...? waking up at the crack of dawn and prepping for the gym. This place is darkness, but it is where the real work gets done.

Back and Bis

Dead lift
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
315LBS x 4
345LBS x 4
365LBS x 1, 1, 1

Reverse Grip Bent over barbell rows
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 8
225LBS x 7

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
100LBS x 8
150LBS x 6
190LBS x 4 - Dropped to 110LBS x 4

T bar rows
180LBS x 8
225LBS x 8
270LBS x 6
315LBS x 4

Then I supered Close grip Lat pulldown with wide grip lat pulldown - Focusing on Negatives
Close Grip Lat pull down
90LBS x 8
130LBS x 8
160LBS x 4 - Dropped to 110LBS x 5

Wide Grip Lat pull down
90LBS x 10
130LBS x 7
160LBS x 5

Finished off my back by doing some Chin Ups supered with Barbbell Curls

Chin ups
3 Sets - Bodyweight x FAILURE - Ha failure was like 4 or 3... my back was completely fried

Barbbell Curls
45LBS x FAILURE
65LBS x FAILURE
75LBS x FAILURE

To finish off my arms I made a circuit and tried to run the rack with whatever I could lift

Pin Wheel Curls
2 Sets x FAILURE

Hammer Curls
2 Sets x FAILURE

Incline Dumbbell Curls
2 Sets x FAILURE

.... my bis hurt... almost brought me to tears...

Chin

Chin
02-16-08, 12:54 pm

Ha exam went well... the assignment after not so good...

I agree with the venerable gentleman. You are going to have a hell of a time concentrating with all the blood in your legs. Make sure you get enough sleep. Recent studies have shown that if you read over your notes before committing to a good nights sleep you will generally score better than if you stayed up all night cramming.

I didn't really notice a big deal minus the fact that when I crossed my legs sometimes they would cramp up and spasm. I would have to jump out of my chair and people really thought I had been smoking some good drugs...

This is my first time checking in on your journey Chin. That's some impressive leg work. Very well done. Is ultra-high volume a Canadian thing or something? Haha just kidding, keep it up.

Always nice seeing a new face on the journey... ha the high volume is a result of the cold... keeps you warmer... ha I am just joking... my body responds way better to volume training than just straight 1 and done sets. However I do use them...

Chin

Northman
02-16-08, 1:01 pm
Great back and bicep workout. You're throwing around some good weights on those deads now and you recently did legs too!

Hollow
02-16-08, 2:10 pm
Outstanding Back and Bicep workout! Looks like you have surpassed me on the volume work!

Dozer
02-16-08, 6:42 pm
It's been said before, but great volume...I don't know if I could handle that much, man. Stay strong bro!

Chin
02-16-08, 9:07 pm
Great back and bicep workout. You're throwing around some good weights on those deads now and you recently did legs too!

Trying to get back in the one and dones again

Outstanding Back and Bicep workout! Looks like you have surpassed me on the volume work!

Never

It's been said before, but great volume...I don't know if I could handle that much, man. Stay strong bro!

Ha you won't know until you try... I am not going to lie... I have excellent size I think, but my strength is not completely there... I am going to start slowly move back to a more strength building phase for a bit while my bulk is still going...

Chin

Chin
02-18-08, 1:39 am
Chest day...

Incline Dumbbell Press
50LBS x 14
65LBS x 10
80LBS x 7
90LBS x 6

Hammer Decline Press
180LBS x 8
270LBS x 8
360LBS x 6

Flat Dumbbell Press
55LBS x 8
65LBS x 6
75LBS x 7
85LBS x 6

Cable Cross overs - Focusing on Holds
35LBS x 8
50LBS x 8
60LBS x 5

To finish it off I supered Wide Grip Bench press with Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes

Wide grip bench press
3 Sets - 135LBS x FAILURE

Flat Dumbbell Flyers
30LBS x FAILURE
40LBS x FAILURE
30LBS x FAILURE

Due to some up coming doctors appointments... I returned to Toronto for a few days.. which will give my body a few days to rest up before I head back on Wednesday... and prep for the ABC meet...

Chin

Hollow
02-18-08, 6:07 am
Damn fine chest workout Chin! I like the super set at the end, good way to fry the chest!

Northman
02-18-08, 6:08 am
Great chest session! I still see a lot of volume, but with heavier weights.

Prep for the ABC session... WHOOT!

Hollow
02-18-08, 2:10 pm
Chin, a giant set is a combination of three or more exercises with the sets performed back to back with no breaks. Usually you do it for one particular body part.

Chin
02-18-08, 2:17 pm
Chin, a giant set is a combination of three or more exercises with the sets performed back to back with no breaks. Usually you do it for one particular body part.

lol, Yeah I figured it was something like my "circuits" ... which is what it is... but my circuits are more or less any 3 or more exercises put together.

Ha thanks for telling me that hollow and I got your PM on top of that..

Chin

Chin
02-20-08, 9:59 pm
Took a few days off ... (2) to rest up and go home to see my family... Its been a long time... almost 2 months...

So I drove back to Waterloo later after saying goodbye, it'll be another 2 months before I see them again.

So prepping for the ABC meet I decided to slot my back day in today to give my lower back tons of rest...

Wide Grip Bent Over Barbell Rows...
95LBS x 15
135LBS x 10
185LBS x 7
215LBS x 7
235LBS x 6

Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Rows
135LBS x 8
185LBS x 8
215LBS x 7

Wide Grip Lat Pull down...
100LBS x 10
150LBS x 8
190LBS x 8

One Armed Dumbbell Rows
65LBS x 6
85LBS x 6
100LBS x 5

Lower Cable Rows - Focusing on Holds...
100LBS x 7
130LBS x 6
160LBS x 6

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns
100LBS x 8
130LBS x 6
140LBS x 4 - Dropped to 90LBS x 6

Moved over to do my Biceps... and not really knowing what to do I just did a whole bunch of stuff...

Bicep Curls - Per Side
40LBS x 4
35LBS x 6

Pin Wheel Curls
45LBS x 6
40LBS x 6

EZ Bar Curls
2 Sets - 45LBS x FAILURE

Hammer Curls
2 Sets - 20LBS x FAILURE

I have come up to a point where I think I need to drop some of my volume... I truly do love my volume workouts.. but I since I am at a cycling point in my supps. I think I am going to drop my reps a little and focus on a little fewer workouts... Ha After the ABC meet... As for the New Supps.. I must thank Hollow for be the most patient person ever... He truly did wait a long time for me to pick these suckers up... And I must thank the best distributor ever... PJ/Blake came through again...

Next week... begins a new journey... Uniliver and Torrent will be added to my arsenal of supps...

Chin

LegendKillerJosh
02-20-08, 10:31 pm
I have come up to a point where I think I need to drop some of my volume... I truly do love my volume workouts.. but I since I am at a cycling point in my supps. I think I am going to drop my reps a little and focus on a little fewer workouts... Ha After the ABC meet... As for the New Supps.. I must thank Hollow for be the most patient person ever... He truly did wait a long time for me to pick these suckers up... And I must thank the best distributor ever... PJ/Blake came through again...

Next week... begins a new journey... Uniliver and Torrent will be added to my arsenal of supps...

Chin

Hey man if you are looking to drop a bit of volume I'm a good person to talk to. Lowering the volume to me means upping the intensity. If you think you need these marathon workouts to get results you are wrong. I'm not saying you aren't getting results right now, but you could get better results with a HIT/DC style training. You may not want to follow my ideas exactly, but I know great ways to up the intensity without adding volume.

Northman
02-20-08, 11:07 pm
Hey man if you are looking to drop a bit of volume I'm a good person to talk to. Lowering the volume to me means upping the intensity. If you think you need these marathon workouts to get results you are wrong. I'm not saying you aren't getting results right now, but you could get better results with a HIT/DC style training. You may not want to follow my ideas exactly, but I know great ways to up the intensity without adding volume.

If anybody know about training without any volume whatsoever, its LegendKillerJosh. His workouts have fewer reps/sets than even mine!

Hollow
02-21-08, 9:11 am
Damn Chin, if I knew you were doing back last night as well you good have stopped by...lol! Some how I don't think you would have jumped at that opportunity.

Hey no problem. The main thing is you got your supps now, enjoy and raise a toast of Torrent to ProteinJunkie!

Chin
02-21-08, 6:56 pm
If anybody know about training without any volume whatsoever, its LegendKillerJosh. His workouts have fewer reps/sets than even mine!

I am open to all and any suggestions... I am always willing to try anything at least ONCE... no matter how ridiculous and outlandish it seems...

And if Stiff is telling me this I must believe it... HA I do not have a choice... I was debating going to DC actually... But I've been swamped with school to do any reading on it... but with my schedule clearing up a little I can take some time to look at anything you got LKJ...

Chin

Chin
02-21-08, 7:09 pm
Chest Day...

30 Degree Incline Dumbbell Press
55LBS x 12
70LBS x 7
80LBS x 6
90LBS x 6

Flat Barbell Bench Press Supered with Flat Dumbbell Press
Flat Barbell Bench press
135LBS x 6
175LBS x 8
205LBS x 6
225LBS x 5

Flat Dumbbell Press
65LBS x 5
75LBS x 5
85LBS x 4 - Dropped to 60LBS x 5

Keeping on the Supered wagon I supered Decline Hammer Machine Press and Weighted Dips

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 6
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 6

Decline Hammer Machine Press
180LBS x 10
270LBS x 7
320LBS x 5

Wanted to do the pec deck... but it was broken so I did some dumbbell flyes instead, supered yet again... Incline Flyes and Flat Flyes

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30LBS x 8
40LBS x 5
45LBS x 3

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
40LBS x 6
45LBS x 4

Finished it off with Close Grip Push ups

Chin

obrien.sk
02-21-08, 7:36 pm
nice work man. when are you startin the low volume? DC maybe. its worth it for a good bulk.

Hollow
02-21-08, 7:47 pm
Solid workout Chin!

LegendKillerJosh
02-21-08, 7:49 pm
I am open to all and any suggestions... I am always willing to try anything at least ONCE... no matter how ridiculous and outlandish it seems...

And if Stiff is telling me this I must believe it... HA I do not have a choice... I was debating going to DC actually... But I've been swamped with school to do any reading on it... but with my schedule clearing up a little I can take some time to look at anything you got LKJ...

Chin

I'm not too familiar with DC style but I believe it is a high-intensity/lower volume training style, right? Picture this - if you will - a stick of dynamite. You can tap a stick of TNT lightly with a hammer as many times as you want and it will never explode. However, if you hit it hard enough, 1 hit is all it takes to explode. I believe in the same kind of philosophy with muscle building. Tapping a muscle lightly over and over will never produce growth, one big bang is all it takes.

HYPERTROPHY81
02-23-08, 12:23 pm
chin,
i already finished my cycle of MSTAK. i sought it out to really get out of my slump and i was reading that it had some good PLATEAU BUSTING characteristcs. i took it along with PUMP + NITRO. it was amazing!!!!!
i felt it consistently throughout my 3 weeks. it got me to get over my mental blocks and focus, especially on days like chest where i would always stick to 225lbs. i'm up to 245lbs now. same with deadlifts. 225lbs is something i could never really do until now. overall, my weights definitely increased. muscles always felt pumped, fuller and harder especially post workout. even in the mornings, when i woke up, the feeling never went away. i'm moving onto another sup stack. it's in my journey. i figured now that i'm slowly climbing past this certain plateau, i'm gonna permanently knock myself out of it and hit a whole new level.
in terms of how it worked on a cut. not sure. i'll let you know when i get to that point.

Chin
02-24-08, 2:31 am
My Everything hurts... ABC Meet tonight... at Fitness365 in Missisauga... I sit here at 2:30AM eating another steak... It was leg day...

Squats
135LBS x 12
225LBS x 8
315LBS x 6
365LBS x 6
405LBS x 4

And this is where shit got messy... Giant sets (Circuits)... for Quads and Hams

Incline Leg Press
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
270LBS x 10
450LBS x 9

Hack Squat
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
140LBS x 10
180LBS x 8

Leg Extensions
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
130LBS x 10
150LBS x 10

Smith Machine Squat
135LBS x 10
155LBS x 10
205LBS x 10
225LBS x 8

Walking Lunges... FUCK...
4 Sets - 35LBS x FAILURE or the length of the path

Then the Hammy part

Lying Hamstring curls
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 9
160LBS x 4 - Dropped to 110LBS x 6

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
225LBS x 10
225LBS x 8
275LBS x 8

Standing Single Leg Hammy Curls
3 Sets - 70LBS x FAILURE - Each Leg...

Solid Session like always... any session with Stiff and Shifty is an adventure... Got to meet 2 new members... Pearce and his brother, who are 2 large people...

The hardest part of the session must have been the 1 hour drive home... Ha Pics to come tomorrow... I am too beat to try and upload them tonight...

Chin

Northman
02-24-08, 12:17 pm
Great session last night Chin. Hope you are alright today.

P.S. Thanks for the ride home.

Hollow
02-24-08, 5:37 pm
Outstanding workout Chin!

HYPERTROPHY81
02-24-08, 6:44 pm
My Everything hurts... ABC Meet tonight... at Fitness365 in Missisauga... I sit here at 2:30AM eating another steak... It was leg day...

Squats
135LBS x 12
225LBS x 8
315LBS x 6
365LBS x 6
405LBS x 4

And this is where shit got messy... Giant sets (Circuits)... for Quads and Hams

Incline Leg Press
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
270LBS x 10
450LBS x 9

Hack Squat
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
140LBS x 10
180LBS x 8

Leg Extensions
90LBS x 10
110LBS x 10
130LBS x 10
150LBS x 10

Smith Machine Squat
135LBS x 10
155LBS x 10
205LBS x 10
225LBS x 8

Walking Lunges... FUCK...
4 Sets - 35LBS x FAILURE or the length of the path

Then the Hammy part

Lying Hamstring curls
90LBS x 10
120LBS x 9
160LBS x 4 - Dropped to 110LBS x 6

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
225LBS x 10
225LBS x 8
275LBS x 8

Standing Single Leg Hammy Curls
3 Sets - 70LBS x FAILURE - Each Leg...

Solid Session like always... any session with Stiff and Shifty is an adventure... Got to meet 2 new members... Pearce and his brother, who are 2 large people...

The hardest part of the session must have been the 1 hour drive home... Ha Pics to come tomorrow... I am too beat to try and upload them tonight...

Chin

DAMN!!!!!! i can't believe i missed this workout. sounds like it hurt so bad, that it was good.!!!!

Chin
02-25-08, 12:16 am
Fuck fuck fuck... Life is a hard thing to live through... When you give everything you have... and you have to give more? What are you left holding...? Like countless times before... I must reach down and grab another gear just to survive.

Shoulders

Standing Military Press
115LBS x 10
135LBS x 8
165LBS x 3

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
45LBS x 8
55LBS x 6
65LBS x 6
75LBS x 5 - 1 Forced Rep

Lateral Dumbbell Raises Supered with Posterior Bent over dumbbell raises

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 6
45LBS x 5

Posterior Bent over Dumbbell Raises
35LBS x 8
40LBS x 8
45LBS x 7

Moved over to the cable machine and I did Lateral Cable Raises supered with Rear Delt Cable Flyes

Lateral Cable Raises - Focusing on Breaking parallel and focusing on negatives
30LBS x 8
40LBS x 6
60LBS x 4

Rear Delt Cable Flyes
25LBS x 6
35LBS x 7
40LBS x 4

Finished off the work out with some Barbbell Shrugs and Lateral Raises by supering them

Barbell Shrugs - Focusing on Holds
135LBS x 7
225LBS x 5, 6

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
3 Sets x FAILURE

Just going to be a rough week all around... Shits going to hit the ceiling and where it lands I have no idea...

Chin

Dozer
02-25-08, 3:27 am
Nice workouts man! Crazy volume, once again!

Hollow
02-25-08, 6:04 am
That's it? Just kidding! Great workout Chin! I take it you had no issues with your shoulder on the Seated DB Presses? Hopefully the week goes better then you think.

Chin
02-26-08, 11:36 pm
Change again, cannot be considered
I rage again, dispelling my anger
Where do I begin?
The choices are endless
My art, my redemption, my only salvation
I carry the gift that I have been blessed with
My soul is adrift in oceans of madness
Repairing the rift that you have created
I am not alone, brothers, give me your arms now

I enter the gym all the time with my music on... but sometimes like the game we all take part in you have to look deeper into the words...

Back day...

Deadlifts
95LBS x 20
135LBS x 8
225LBS x 6
275LBS x 6
345LBS x 5
395LBS x 1,1,1 or basically rest pause...

Reverse Grip bent over barbell Rows
135LBS x 8
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
255LBS x 4

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
110LBS x 6
140LBS x 6
170LBS x 6
200LBS x 4

Seated Cable Rows
120LBS x 6
160LBS x 7
190LBS x 5

Then I Supered Chin Ups with Barbell Curls
Chin Ups
3 Sets - Bodyweight x 4

Barbell Curls
3 Sets - 65LBS x FAILURE

Then I just finished it off by doing some Bicep curls to Failure
2 Sets - Descending from 40LBS - 20LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Carpe Diem P.T
02-26-08, 11:43 pm
great day chin! I also saw your before and after pic, very inspiring. nice lyrics btw. Keep pushing bro!

Northman
02-26-08, 11:47 pm
Good work on those deads!

Dozer
02-27-08, 1:41 am
Back w/o is looking good, man! Once again, lots of volume.

Hollow
02-27-08, 6:36 am
Solid back workout Chin! Interesting pairing of Chin Ups and BB Curls for the super.

Chin
02-27-08, 9:07 pm
This great sport of ours is very humbling because no matter how long you are in the game.. you will always learn something new...

I like volume... I train volume... anyone who reads this will probably agree... but there is always more than one way to skin a cat... on the advice of LKJ... trying something a little different...

Chest Day...

Incline Dumbbell Press
55LBS x 12 - followed by some close grip pushups
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 6
85LBS x 6

Flat Barbell Bench Press
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
245LBS x 5

Hammer Strength Decline Press
180LBS x 6
270LBS x 6
360LBS x 6

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
35LBS x 8
45LBS x 6
50LBS x 7

It burns... More or less the same way I feel when I do high volume training... It's been a while since I've moved back to a strength training... but I will take more of LKJ's advice and take some more rest days... lol because after doing back and now chest... my everything hurts...

Chin

Hollow
02-27-08, 9:20 pm
Great workout Chin! Good to hear your everything is hurting...lol!

LegendKillerJosh
02-27-08, 9:49 pm
I just gotta ask...after the DB presses, you obviously got a good pump and the chest is warmed up, so why do so many sets on the other exercises? I would jump over to the bench with 185 to start and then go right up to the 245, and not expel so much time and energy with the lighter weights once you are already warmed up, and so on for the other exercises.

Chin
02-28-08, 12:15 am
I just gotta ask...after the DB presses, you obviously got a good pump and the chest is warmed up, so why do so many sets on the other exercises? I would jump over to the bench with 185 to start and then go right up to the 245, and not expel so much time and energy with the lighter weights once you are already warmed up, and so on for the other exercises.

Nothing more than habit.. but I do like giving myself that little warm up especially when I jump from a dumbbell to a barbell exercise... because my left arm is shorter than my right arm... I gotta get a quick feel and setup for the motion....

Chin

LegendKillerJosh
02-28-08, 1:35 pm
Nothing more than habit.. but I do like giving myself that little warm up especially when I jump from a dumbbell to a barbell exercise... because my left arm is shorter than my right arm... I gotta get a quick feel and setup for the motion....

Chin

Well I understand you wouldn't want to jump to the next exercise and immediately use the heaviest weight, but I wouldn't suggest doing more than 1 set before the final set.
I.E.:
DB Bench - 3 sets
DB Flyes - 2 sets
BB Bench - 2 sets.

Dozer
02-28-08, 2:45 pm
This great sport of ours is very humbling because no matter how long you are in the game.. you will always learn something new...

I like volume... I train volume... anyone who reads this will probably agree... but there is always more than one way to skin a cat... on the advice of LKJ... trying something a little different...

Chest Day...

Incline Dumbbell Press
55LBS x 12 - followed by some close grip pushups
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 6
85LBS x 6

Flat Barbell Bench Press
135LBS x 6
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
245LBS x 5

Hammer Strength Decline Press
180LBS x 6
270LBS x 6
360LBS x 6

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
35LBS x 8
45LBS x 6
50LBS x 7

It burns... More or less the same way I feel when I do high volume training... It's been a while since I've moved back to a strength training... but I will take more of LKJ's advice and take some more rest days... lol because after doing back and now chest... my everything hurts...

Chin

Awesome numbers yet again!

Chin
03-01-08, 12:21 pm
As I sit here and wonder why I have to work a 2 - 12 tonight... Wondering what could have been... the should have beens... I trudged off to the gym...

Shoulder Day

Clean and Press...
95LBS x 10
135LBS x 6
155LBS x 4

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
55LBS x 8
65LBS x 6
75LBS x 6

Lateral Dumbbell Raises
35LBS x 7
45LBS x 7
55LBS x 5 - Sort like a Partial rep/rest pause

Bent Over Posterior Dumbbell Raises
35LBS x 8
45LBS x 6
55LBS x 6

Lateral Cable Raises - Working to break parallel and focusing on Negatives
30LBS x 6
40LBS x 5
50LBS x 5

Rear Delt Cable Flyes - Focusing on Negatives
30LBS x 5
35LBS x 6
40LBS x 4

Finished it off by doing Barbell Shrugs - Focusing on Holds and negatives
3 Sets - 245LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Chin
03-03-08, 5:14 pm
Anyone who is deep in this game hates taking down time... whether it be for an injury... or just a rest day... If you truly enjoy this great sport you don't like keeping your hands from the cold steel...

That being said... I am going to have to take a leave of absence from my gym and from the game for a while...

I am having increasing difficulty at school... and extra workloads at work due to a company shake down...

I should only be out for a week... and when i come back I vow to take up the good fight... and in doing so I have decided to make a giant step forward by stepping up to the Stak...

One of my friends has offered me a can of stak... so I decided to take him up on the offer... Hopefully it will give me a much needed shot in the arm when i come back...

Chin

obrien.sk
03-03-08, 5:23 pm
way to be humble about it. take the time needed. do what needs to get done, and then hit it even harder whenever you get back. we'll still be here.

who knows, maybe a week off will even boost new growth. i take a week or 2 off every 3 months or so and it boosts me every time.

get shit done.

Dozer
03-03-08, 7:00 pm
Anyone who is deep in this game hates taking down time... whether it be for an injury... or just a rest day... If you truly enjoy this great sport you don't like keeping your hands from the cold steel...

That being said... I am going to have to take a leave of absence from my gym and from the game for a while...

I am having increasing difficulty at school... and extra workloads at work due to a company shake down...

I should only be out for a week... and when i come back I vow to take up the good fight... and in doing so I have decided to make a giant step forward by stepping up to the Stak...

One of my friends has offered me a can of stak... so I decided to take him up on the offer... Hopefully it will give me a much needed shot in the arm when i come back...

Chin

Don't be discouraged man, we've all had to take breaks at one time or another. Hopefully you'll be back into the swing of things soon!

Hollow
03-03-08, 8:02 pm
My hat is off to you Chin, take care of what needs to be done because what I've seen of you this week off can only serve as fuel for the fire when you return to the iron! Take care and hope all goes well.

Northman
03-03-08, 11:42 pm
Hey, the weight isn't going anywhere. Get your school stuff in order, then get back to the iron. There is no shame in that.

HYPERTROPHY81
03-04-08, 7:39 am
chin,

like Stiff said, the iron is always going to be there. i just finished school last year. i'm a real working kid now with a job that's actually related to my degrees. it's crazy. but i will never forget the stress of school. it's still pretty fresh. you'll get through it. i know you will. eyes on the prize, buddy. keep your eyes on the prize. do what you need to do. we'll be here waiting.

Chin
03-06-08, 7:25 pm
Its like ridding a bike... once in a while you have to take a step back... but that step forward is never that hard. School is kicking my ass... there is no doubt about that... but you can only endure so much before you step out and start screaming.

As I have finished the majority of my school work until final exams... my schedule has opened up a little sooner than i had expected.

I take a final step forward... One last push in my bulking season this year... I am taking a step up to Stak... I have only heard good things from it and I was given a can from one of my football player friends who does not require it anymore.

I officially begin my new quest for 240LBS with Stack, torrent and Uni liver... So as I think about the 21 days I have before me... I prep myself with new routine in hand...

My Stats are up to date... exactly what they were at the beginning of February.

Chest Day

Incline Dumbbell Press (30 Degrees)
45LBS x 14
65LBS x 8
75LBS x 6
90LBS x 6

Flat barbell bench press
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6
255LBS x 4

Decline Hammer Press
180LBS x 8
270LBS x 6
360LBS x 6

Then for fun I did 1 set of Dips
Bodyweight x FAILURE

Moved over to the Dumbbell Section and finished off the workout with some flat flyes

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
40LBS x 8
50LBS x 6
55LBS x 5 - Dropped to 35LBS x 4

Chin

Hollow
03-06-08, 7:39 pm
Great to see you had a chance to hit the iron Chin. Great return!

obrien.sk
03-06-08, 8:08 pm
glad to see things cleared up a bit. its all about balance. nice w/o to get back into it.

LegendKillerJosh
03-06-08, 9:52 pm
Sick chest workout Bro, keep it up, but keep your priorities straight as well.

Northman
03-06-08, 11:07 pm
Glad to see you at it, but don't be neglecting school.

Chin
03-07-08, 12:06 am
Glad to see you at it, but don't be neglecting school.

Sick chest workout Bro, keep it up, but keep your priorities straight as well.

All is well in the land of school... I have a nice few weeks off til the end of March... It just got to me with all the school, working... it was quite overwhelming... but I have pushed past everything... more or less with the same run and gun technique I use for lifting... just without the lifting... I thank you for your concerns... but if I failed out in my last full semester of my last year I would probably die...

Chin

Chin
03-07-08, 1:01 pm
Getting back into the swing of things... it was Leg Day today... But too my Horror... the football team was in the gym when I got there this morning... Like usual taking up all 4 squat racks to do cleans and military presses...

Incline Leg Press
180LBS x 10
270LBS x 8
360LBS x 8

Leg Extension
110LBS x 8
160LBS x 8
210LBS x 7
230LBS x 8

Hamstring Curls
130LBS x 9
150LBS x 8
200LBS x 8

So after 35 minutes into my workout I got my rack and I started to Squat
Squat

225LBS x 8
315LBS x 6
370LBS x 5

Finished off my workout by doing Barbbell Hack squat supering it with Stiff legged deadlifts
Hack squat
2 Sets - 225LBS x FAILURE

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
2 Sets - 225LBS x FAILURE

Chin

Hollow
03-07-08, 2:11 pm
Whoa...great wheel session Chin. How does it feel putting the squats in that far into the leg routine?

Chin
03-08-08, 8:36 pm
Whoa...great wheel session Chin. How does it feel putting the squats in that far into the leg routine?

It felt weird... like the biggest or worst prexhaust set you could ever do.... I need those dogs and your sled ASAP...

Due to a 40CM Dumping... Gym = CLOSED... Rest Day

Chin

Hollow
03-08-08, 8:46 pm
It felt weird... like the biggest or worst prexhaust set you could ever do.... I need those dogs and your sled ASAP...

Due to a 40CM Dumping... Gym = CLOSED... Rest Day

Chin

Take a number Chin...dogs are in big depend right now...lol!

obrien.sk
03-08-08, 10:27 pm
Nice leg day man. I'd have to agree that those squats at the end must have been tough. good luck truckin through the snow.

Chin
03-10-08, 12:17 am
Its within all of us... Something great... Stirred by emotion, desire and will... As the journey states...To get at it, you have to cut away all the layers of doubt and distraction, till knife hits bone.

And with this I begin a new step in my journey...

Back and Bis

Deadlift
185LBS x 10
275LBS x 6
365LBS x 1,1,1

Wide Grip Bent over Barbbell Rows
185LBS x 6
205LBS x 6
235LBS x 5

Wide Grip Lat Pull down Supered with Close Grip Lat Pull down

Wide Grip Lat Pull down
120LBS x 6
150LBS x 6
180LBS x 5

Close Grip Lat Pull down
120LBS x 6
150LBS x 5
180LBS x 5

Dumbbell Rows
85LBS x 7
95LBS x 5
100LBS x 5

Then I went to finish off with my Bis

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
40LBS x 6
45LBS x 6
50LBS x 5

High Cable Curls - Focusing on holds and negatives
30LBS x 5
40LBS x 6
50LBS x 5

Chin

Dozer
03-10-08, 2:23 am
Good grief, some high volume here. Great work bro!

Hollow
03-10-08, 6:20 am
I was wondering if you were going to be able to hit the gym due to the weather. Great workout Chin!

Carpe Diem P.T
03-10-08, 8:17 am
21+ sets - is this man mad? lol you must have been rooted!

Chin
03-10-08, 9:00 pm
First day on Stak... and it feels funny... like the kinda funny when you OD on Caffeine...

Chest Day... 45 minutes of pure pain...

Incline Bench Press...
95LBS x 15
165LBS x 7
195LBS x 6
225LBS x 5

Flat Dumbbell Press
70LBS x 6
80LBS x 5
90LBS x 6

Decline Hammer Strength Press
270LBS x 8
360LBS x 6
410LBS x 5

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight + 25LBS x 8
Bodyweight + 45LBS x 8

Cable Cross over Supered with Pec Deck
Cable Cross Overs
40LBS x 7
60LBS x 5
50LBS x 7

Pec Deck - Focusing on Holds
65LBS x 8
85LBS x 6
85LBS x 5

Chin

Chin
03-10-08, 9:03 pm
21+ sets - is this man mad? lol you must have been rooted!

I dropped my rep count by alot recently... I was doing 21+ sets before and higher reps... my weight keeps getting bumped up... A certain part of me never wants to stop doing volume workouts ha...

Chin

LegendKillerJosh
03-10-08, 9:25 pm
First day on Stak... and it feels funny... like the kinda funny when you OD on Caffeine...

Maybe you did OD on caffiene, did you take the red pill? haha, I know you're smarter than that. Nice workout though, more volume than I've done in the last week.

Chin
03-10-08, 10:34 pm
Maybe you did OD on caffiene, did you take the red pill? haha, I know you're smarter than that. Nice workout though, more volume than I've done in the last week.

Maybe not... I did not know that pill was Caffeine and if so what was the dosage?

Chin

LegendKillerJosh
03-11-08, 10:55 am
Maybe not... I did not know that pill was Caffeine and if so what was the dosage?

Chin

It's equal to approximately 200mg, 2 cups of coffee.

Chin
03-11-08, 12:23 pm
It's equal to approximately 200mg, 2 cups of coffee.

So that being said... I know there is approximately 200mg in Shock Therapy.... and I supplement with caffeine anyhdrous on its own.. in 200mg tablets... so that being said...

600mg of Caffeine is a dirty amount of caffeine and I can see why I had awesome focus....

Ha.. Thanks again LKJ

Chin

Chin
03-12-08, 12:22 am
So, not ODing on Caffeine today I jumped to the gym to do a pseudo leg workout... I was debating to take a rest day... but tomorrow's classes are more busy so I figured it would be a waste of Stak... so I put emphasis on my hams and calves... then threw some lower back and abs in.

Wide Stance Squat
225LBS x 10
275LBS x 7
315LBS x 6
345LBS x 5

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
135LBS x 7
185LBS x 6
225LBS x 6

Standing Calf Raises
125LBS x 30
185LBS x 19
245LBS x 12

Stability Ball Crunches
3 Sets x 20

Weight Abe Crunches
90LBS x 18
100LBS x 14
110LBS x 15

Then I supered Leg Hangs with Good Mornings...

Leg Hangs
2 Sets x FAILURE

Good Mornings
2 Sets - 45LBS x FAILURE

Then I moved over to the Back Extension bench and supered it with Incline Oblique Crunches
Back Extensions
3 Sets x FAILURE

Incline Oblique Crunches
3 Sets - Each Side x FAILURE

And because this was a fairly low impact workout... I just jumped on the elliptical for a nice slow burn for 20 minutes after I refueled with some Carbs and BCAAs

Chin

Dozer
03-12-08, 2:15 am
Nice wo's bro. The Stak's red pill is that potent?? In any case, everything's looking good!

Hollow
03-12-08, 6:38 am
Great workout Chin. Good call taking advantage of the gym time when you get a chance from classes.