PDA

View Full Version : Which Animal Training Routine?

JHawlz9989
01-26-07, 8:22 pm
What routine do you use? 1,2,3...11? Or a self-designed routine? Also, do you use the recommended Paks with the respective routine?

I personally use routine 6, been using it for about a month and three weeks, and have put on a little over 10 pounds. RIght now I use Animal Pump and the Pak, and I will be adding M-Stak when I get my next set of cans in a few days.

mgmmaze
01-27-07, 12:27 am
Yo M-stak is the bomb. and try adding some nitro or nitroG that stuff is great i have seen some awsome gains on this stuff hopes this helps and i an using the animal training 10 right now that is good stuff i have done the 4 day thing its awsome. I think i just needed a break from the 4 days but ill be back to that soon

Hollywood
01-27-07, 1:11 am
It depends all on what you're looking to do with your body. Pick the workout that best works for your goals. Make sure you're taking the Pak obviously. The Pump is real good, and yeah M-Stak and Nitro G are definitely great if you're looking to gain a lot of mass.

Cyrus The Virus
01-27-07, 2:10 am
I have not used any of those routines but have tried some of the ones in the articles section of the trainig part of the site. I really liked the routine by G Diesel titled My Alchemy. It is a four day a week split.

Cyrus The Virus
01-27-07, 2:11 am
I have not used any of those routines but have tried some of the ones in the articles section of the trainig part of the site. I really liked the routine by G Diesel titled My Alchemy. It is a four day a week split. I like Animal Pak, Stak2 and Nitro G.

Big Swole
01-27-07, 2:24 am
I have had phenomenal results off of Training Routine #7 out of the Animal Owners Manual. This routine may not work for everybody, but it has blasted me through a mass making plateau. I finally get sore again a day after. Later -Big Swole

hjayss
01-27-07, 2:29 am
he workouts I can do at home so I like it. Of course I tweak it a little.

Enforcer25
01-27-07, 3:54 am
I'm using #5 now, I like it, I work out at home and it fits that great as well as my schedule. I'm taking the Pak, pump and Stak2 and feel I'm getting good results. I have only started the above stack and workout this week.

bilder
01-27-07, 4:07 am
The routines are good, but i think that they are meant more of a guidance than a general rule.

Ski
01-27-07, 12:24 pm
I agree with bilder, but they still are some decent routines, i've used number 6 myslef. But I use my own routine, and im using the pump,stak,mstak before my workouts, pak in the morning, storm after the workout. Goddamn am I getting great fucking results with that shit.

billmd1334
01-27-07, 12:33 pm
I'm beginning one of those routines next week (#4 I think), but I'm just following the general outline of it... you don't have to do exactly move for move what they are doing.... as the often said phrase goes... what works for him may not work for you, and vice versa. So if you wanna follow one of those, go for it, but tweak it so it fits your liking.

JHawlz9989
01-28-07, 3:11 am
I'm beginning one of those routines next week (#4 I think), but I'm just following the general outline of it... you don't have to do exactly move for move what they are doing.... as the often said phrase goes... what works for him may not work for you, and vice versa. So if you wanna follow one of those, go for it, but tweak it so it fits your liking.

Yeah, I've definately added and done away with a few exercises, but that's where I got the general outline.

PlacentiaBay
01-28-07, 1:29 pm
I'm using routine 11 right now cause it fits my scheulle at school weds off cause thats when they open the gym for girls. I don't know why they do that i enjoy a bit of eye candy from time to time haha.

jvm123
01-29-07, 5:54 pm
I'm using # 4. great pumps, I use it with animal pump.

warriorjoey
04-20-09, 1:31 am
I'm about to start taking the test explosion stack and I'm trying to find a good training routine to fit with it, it recommends the #4 training routine. I was taking a look at the other routines and was wondering why is the routine recommended with the stack, and not 2,3,5,6. Thanks

C.Coronato
04-20-09, 1:37 pm
Find what works best for you brother. Try them all if you want, and devise your own plan of attack.

Beast Genetics
04-20-09, 6:57 pm
Hey Bro, I'm not too comfortable with the word routine, you should not be doing the same workout every week. For now something is better than nothing but like treetrunklegs stated you got to get in there mix it up and find out what works for you. Educate yourself, ask questions, record your progress, record your losses, and stick with it. When you see ROUTINES in workout books it's more of like a "hey incorporate this in your arsenal from time to time" It's not meant to be done over and over from week to week, you will plateau!!!!!! But your on the right track, step 1 is asking experienced lifters for advice, your in the right place.

Iron58
04-20-09, 8:06 pm
Hey Bro, I'm not too comfortable with the word routine, you should not be doing the same workout every week. For now something is better than nothing but like treetrunklegs stated you got to get in there mix it up and find out what works for you. Educate yourself, ask questions, record your progress, record your losses, and stick with it. When you see ROUTINES in workout books it's more of like a "hey incorporate this in your arsenal from time to time" It's not meant to be done over and over from week to week, you will plateau!!!!!! But your on the right track, step 1 is asking experienced lifters for advice, your in the right place.

Gotta agree here. For example...I mentioned in another thread that I'm about to start a 12-week mass phase. I put together a program that uses six different training styles. Gonna lift 5x/week and train a different way each week...at the halfway point, I'll repeat the cycle. Want to confuse my muscles as much as possible.

warriorjoey
04-20-09, 8:37 pm
Alright thanks guys, I started setting something up on my own going off of some of the other routines adding what I like best. I'm thinking about setting up a journey so I can track my progress and get some feedback from people

Beast Genetics
04-20-09, 9:13 pm
Gotta agree here. For example...I mentioned in another thread that I'm about to start a 12-week mass phase. I put together a program that uses six different training styles. Gonna lift 5x/week and train a different way each week...at the halfway point, I'll repeat the cycle. Want to confuse my muscles as much as possible.
Exactly, Brilliant!!!!

Beast Genetics
04-20-09, 9:14 pm
Alright thanks guys, I started setting something up on my own going off of some of the other routines adding what I like best. I'm thinking about setting up a journey so I can track my progress and get some feedback from people
Sound's like your starting off on the right foot homie!!- Beast

warriorjoey
04-20-09, 11:17 pm
I was thinking about switchin it up too...i just dont know when. Ill take a look at your post a see wats up

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24924

There she goes...all set up and ready to go. Cant wait till tomorrow to start! Wat do you guys think?

HeavyG
08-31-09, 3:50 pm
I will start lifting on Tuesday and I am not sure where to start, I have to routines to choose from and I would love to hear anyones opnion on which one would be good for a newbie. As my Journey states, I am not here to get big, but to drop MONDO weight. Here are the two I plan on choosing from

The 4 day Split

DAY 1 (Monday): Lower body/static ab work/obliques

DAY 2 (Tuesday): Upper body and trunk flexion (movements initiated from the rib cage)

DAY 4 (Thursday): Lower body, static ab work/obliques

DAY 5 (Friday): Upper body and trunk flexion (movements initiated from the hips)

The Exercises (Click here for video clips of each exercise)

Day 1 - Lower Body/Abs

* Front Squat/Back Squat
* Alternating Lunges
* Good Mornings
* Standing Calve Raises
* Diagonal Cable Wood Chops
* Planks

Day 2 - Upper Body

* Straight Arm Pull Downs
* Flat Bench Press/Dumbbell Chest Press
* Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press
* Dips
* Variation of Standing Biceps Curls
* Swiss Ball Cable Crunches

Day 4 - Lower Body

* Deadlifts
* Step Ups
* Pull Through
* Seated Calve Raises
* Walk Outs
* Side Planks

Day 5 - Upper Body

* Chin Ups/ Modified Pull Ups
* Seated Wide Grip Cable Row/One Arm Dumbbell Rows
* Push Ups (variations)
* Scaption
* Dumbbell Skull Crushers
* Leg Raises

Loading Parameters

Weeks 1-4

Day 1/4- Lower Body

* Number of sets per exercise: 6
* Loads: 65-75% of 1RM
* Rest: 1 minute
* Reps: 5-8

Day 2/5 - Upper Body

* Number of sets per exercise: 6
* Loads: 65-75% of 1RM
* Rest: 1 minute
* Reps: 5-8

Weeks 5-9

Day 1/4 - Lower Body

* Number of sets per exercise: 3-4
* Loads: 75 –80% of 1RM
* Rest: 2 minutes
* Reps: 10-12

Day 2/ 5 - Upper Body

* Number of sets per exercise: 3-4
* Loads: 75 -80% of 1RM
* Rest: 2 minutes
* Reps: 10-12

Week 10-14

Day 1/4- Lower Body

* Number of sets per exercise: 2-3
* Loads: 80-85% of 1RM
* Rest: 2-3 minutes
* Reps: 8-10

Day 2/5 - Upper Body

* Loads: 80-85% of 1RM
* Rest: 2-3 minutes
* Reps: 8-10

Week 15-19

Day 1/4- Lower Body

* Loads: 85-90% of 1RM
* Rest: 3 minutes
* Reps: 6

Day 2/5 - Upper Body

* Loads: 85-90% of 1RM
* Rest: 3 minutes
* Reps: 6

Or:

Legs
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets x 12 Reps
• Leg Curls: 2 Sets x 12 Reps
• Standing Calf Raises: 2 Sets x 12 Reps

Chest/Shoulders
• Flat Barbell Bench Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Shoulder Presses:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

Back
• Front Pulldowns: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Barbell Rows: 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Arms
• Barbell Curls:
2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Lying Tricep Extensions:
2 Sets x 10 Reps

other

• Ab Crunches: 2 Sets x 10 Reps
• Aerobic Training: 20 minutes of low
intensity aerobic

Monday: ON

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: REPEAT

Thursday: OFF

Friday: REPEAT

Saturday: OFF

Sunday: OFF

C.Coronato
08-31-09, 4:23 pm
Hey man i would try both. DO one for a few weeks, then do the other. Find what works best for you, thats the only real way to tell if it works or not brother!

Altered Beast
08-31-09, 4:25 pm
If you want to drop weight, you need to focus on cardio more so than weightlifting. Lifting will swell you up (or tone) of course, but it will add size regardless of what your goals may be.

Nutrition is the absolute key to dropping pounds as well as hours of sweat on a treadmill or track. I would suggest trying to lose the bodyfat with cardio excercise at first. Than slowly incorporate weightlifting into your program. Most people burn out right away trying to do both at once. I'd hate to hear that you switched to tennis.

Keep in mind the men on this site are trying to add freakish amounts of muscle, you will not find little fitness people around here. Also know that you must keep an open mind about this if you ever want to see any serious success with your physique.

Altered Beast
08-31-09, 4:27 pm
Hey man i would try both. DO one for a few weeks, then do the other. Find what works best for you, thats the only real way to tell if it works or not brother!

He is absolutely correct, but remember what I said as well.

HeavyG
08-31-09, 4:58 pm
If you want to drop weight, you need to focus on cardio more so than weightlifting. Lifting will swell you up (or tone) of course, but it will add size regardless of what your goals may be.

Nutrition is the absolute key to dropping pounds as well as hours of sweat on a treadmill or track. I would suggest trying to lose the bodyfat with cardio excercise at first. Than slowly incorporate weightlifting into your program. Most people burn out right away trying to do both at once. I'd hate to hear that you switched to tennis.

Keep in mind the men on this site are trying to add freakish amounts of muscle, you will not find little fitness people around here. Also know that you must keep an open mind about this if you ever want to see any serious success with your physique.

will do thanks

HeavyG
08-31-09, 6:59 pm

Doesnt a pound of muscle burn more calories than a pound of fat? If so would it not make sense to add muscle?

Lightnin'
09-18-09, 4:32 pm
I went to the article section of this website and ripped these workout programs from some of the articles. I'm doing a 5 day on 2 day off. I've added abs and calves every other day. What do you all think?

Monday
Chest Sets Reps
Pullovers 3 15

Flat Bench 5 15,15,8,8,8
or Dumbbells

Incline Bench 3 15,10,10
or Dumbbells

Incline Flyes 4 15,12,10,10

Flat Fly, 4 10
Machine fly

Cable Crossovers 3 10

Tuesday
Legs Sets Reps
Squat 5 15,12,12,10,8

Leg Presses 3 10

Leg Extensions 10 failure
one plate at a time

Leg Presses 4 6

seated calf raises 5 40
w/leg press calves 25

Standing 25
one leg, then both

Wednesday
Arms Sets Reps
Run the Rack 6 6

DropSet 21's 3 7
Barbell 3 7

Straightbar Curls 10 10-1
Barbell

Triangle 5 20-8
Pressdowns

Skull Crushers 3 12,10,6

Overheads & 3 8
Kickbacks

Rope
Pressdowns 3 12
hold 20 seconds

Thursday
Shoulders Sets Reps
Military 1,4 6,8

Overhead Presses 3 8,10
dumbbell

Side Laterals 3 8,10

Front Raises 3 10,12

Lying Rear laterals 3 8,10

Rear Cables 3 8,10

Friday Sets Reps
Chins 3 Failure

Lat Pulldowns 3 12,10,6

Pullovers 3 12,10,8

Barbell Rows 4 12,10,8,6

Dumbell Rows 3 12,10,8

Low Rows 3 15,12,10

Deadligts 3 12,10,5

Mustafeedh
11-10-10, 1:02 pm
I have had phenomenal results off of Training Routine #7 out of the Animal Owners Manual. This routine may not work for everybody, but it has blasted me through a mass making plateau. I finally get sore again a day after. Later -Big Swole

I want to have large chests. Want exercise will fit my need??

Vaze_06
11-18-10, 11:26 pm
I went to the article section of this website and ripped these workout programs from some of the articles. I'm doing a 5 day on 2 day off. I've added abs and calves every other day. What do you all think?

Monday
Chest Sets Reps
Pullovers 3 15

Flat Bench 5 15,15,8,8,8
or Dumbbells o

Incline Bench 3 15,10,10
or Dumbbells

Incline Flyes 4 15,12,10,10

Flat Fly, 4 10
Machine fly

Cable Crossovers 3 10

Tuesday
Legs Sets Reps
Squat 5 15,12,12,10,8

Leg Presses 3 10

Leg Extensions 10 failure
one plate at a time

Leg Presses 4 6

seated calf raises 5 40
w/leg press calves 25

Standing 25
one leg, then both

Wednesday
Arms Sets Reps
Run the Rack 6 6

DropSet 21's 3 7
Barbell 3 7

Straightbar Curls 10 10-1
Barbell

Triangle 5 20-8
Pressdowns

Skull Crushers 3 12,10,6

Overheads & 3 8
Kickbacks

Rope
Pressdowns 3 12
hold 20 seconds

Thursday
Shoulders Sets Reps
Military 1,4 6,8

Overhead Presses 3 8,10
dumbbell

Side Laterals 3 8,10

Front Raises 3 10,12

Lying Rear laterals 3 8,10

Rear Cables 3 8,10

Friday Sets Reps
Chins 3 Failure

Lat Pulldowns 3 12,10,6

Pullovers 3 12,10,8

Barbell Rows 4 12,10,8,6

Dumbell Rows 3 12,10,8

Low Rows 3 15,12,10

Deadligts 3 12,10,5

Chest- i would put flat first and keep pullover for near the end
legs- u are only training quads. u need to add some legs curl, sldl, good morning, one legged curl etc
and leg press twice is kinda ... useless. u have many other good quad exercises... lunges, hack squat, front squat ....
arms- tri first since its a bigger muscle than bi (strong tri = strong bench), dips will be cool to add
back- bb row or deadlift as a first or 2nd lift. star by workin the bigger muscles and finishing with the small ones.

otherwise, i would add a day off somewhere in there. cauz 5 day on can be a killer and counter-productive.. something like 3days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1day off. tho your call. and shoulder's day before arms' day imo
hope it helps

maxgreatt
12-10-10, 1:32 pm
Ohhh, I have not used any of these routines yet but have tried for some of the ones in the articles section of the trainig part of the site. And I really liked the routine by G Diesel titled My Alchemy. It is the four day week split. I like Animal Pak, Stak2 and Nitro G.

14metalcorpse88
03-21-11, 3:46 pm

I have been trying to do both. i started geting hardcore into the gym about 6 months ago. And after looking at all the Animal workouts, i really didn't understand much of them except the first few. I got a friend of mine who has more knowledge about this kinda stuff to hook me up with his workout.
Which has been (Monday) upper body with heavy weights 6-8reps one workout per muscle group. for all workouts there is about 3-4 sets.(tuesday) lower body heavy weights 6-8reps one workout per group. I tossed in 5-10 mins of cardio before each day, Russian Barbell twists and Neck harness workouts for leg days and abs. (wednesday) is cardio about 30-45mins medium speed.(thursday) upper body lighter weights 12-15 reps one workout per group.(friday)Lower body lighter weights 12-15 reps per group. Weekends i try for 30-45 mins cardio.
I have lost mabye 30lbs. im at 300lbs. I can do a lot more weight now then i could. But for the Cutting Phase, Should i stick to more reps and less weight, mabye do a 3day split or something. work 2-3 groups a day. 3-5sets and 12-15reps per? To tone my body. And do mabye 15min cardio before? Food is no problem, i have switched food around to eat better, but just not sure how to work on my workout anymore.
Anyone got some help?

bigweights74
03-21-11, 4:01 pm
Workout 19 is the "Houses" said workout would that be a good workout while doing a KETO diet??