PDA

View Full Version : forum = Forvm

Joe D'Amato
12-29-07, 3:33 pm
whats with the spelling of forum? whats that mean?

Elite
12-29-07, 3:36 pm
The V?

Its for VICTORY my man!

Giant Killer
12-29-07, 3:53 pm
It's from the Latin alphabet, "V" and "U" were used interchangeably.

prowrestler
12-29-07, 4:24 pm
i was going to ask that but never ended up doing so. thank you for having the balls to ask for me!

Cstlfx
12-29-07, 5:55 pm
I think I like ThirdEye's explaination better. haha.

Elite
12-29-07, 6:00 pm
I think I like ThirdEye's explaination better. haha.

It was an optimistic guess........ especially with the 'V is for Victory' article on the revamped Animal packaging.

In all honesty, i could be wrong. Think J-Dawg will be able to clarify.

never_2_big
12-29-07, 6:49 pm
GK got it right!!!

spanish.iron
12-29-07, 10:10 pm
soooo...... we're latin now??? lol.

Seifer
12-29-07, 11:27 pm
Glad were not Polish.

http://animalpak.pl/forum/index.php

RoJoHen
12-30-07, 1:40 am
It's something that was used for a long time in ancient writings, and I like to think of it as reference to warriors like the Trojans and Gladiators.

Cstlfx
12-30-07, 2:53 pm
I can understand the latin. Hence our titles are "plebian", "Legionary", and "Gladius". Ancient warrior types from the Iron age.

Elite
12-30-07, 2:58 pm
I can understand the latin. Hence our titles are "plebian", "Legionary", and "Gladius". Ancient warrior types from the Iron age.

Damn, your onto something there!

Would be funny tho if J-Dawg revealed the spelling of Forvm was simply due to the hiring of a dyslexic web designer.

bobbymart
12-30-07, 3:51 pm

Would be funny tho if J-Dawg revealed the spelling of Forvm was simply due to the hiring of a dyslexic web designer.

lol... funny shit right there

Cstlfx
12-30-07, 4:13 pm

Haha, that would be too funny.

BigBlueBear
12-30-07, 5:48 pm

Gladius was the short sword... not to be overly picky. But yeah... as was mentioned, GK was spot on.

Tron
12-30-07, 9:43 pm
Gladius was the short sword... not to be overly picky. But yeah... as was mentioned, GK was spot on.

It's also the internal shell in cephalopods... like a squid ya know?

Cstlfx
12-31-07, 11:06 am
Lol, I'm sure the guys who made the forvum are laughing at us right now with how in depth we're talking about this.

BigBlueBear
12-31-07, 1:09 pm
Lol, I'm sure the guys who made the forvum are laughing at us right now with how in depth we're talking about this.

Naw... they really get a kick out of it when we start asking the 44 question all over again.

NumeroUno
12-31-07, 2:33 pm
V is an upside down A. A for Animal!!

glad I could clear this up for all of you guys :-)

-NumeroUno

bobbymart
12-31-07, 4:36 pm
Naw... they really get a kick out of it when we start asking the 44 question all over again.

44? what's that?

Elite
12-31-07, 4:46 pm
44? what's that?

A generalisation in relation to all the myths we try bust, like why there are 44packs in PAK.

Cstlfx
12-31-07, 8:20 pm
Who knows, maybe after all these years they'll actually tell us.

spanish.iron
12-31-07, 9:13 pm
A generalisation in relation to all the myths we try bust, like why there are 44packs in PAK.

Wasn't there a thread on this?... like one myth was something like... Supposing you train 4 days a week, and 3 days off... you'd use 2 packs on training days and 1 on none training days... so the total number of training days in a month is approx. 16, and non-training days is 12. 16x2=32. plus 12 is 44. So it's exactly the amount of packs you'd need for a month!

Any other possibilities?

BigBlueBear
12-31-07, 9:30 pm
Any other possibilities?

hahah... here we go again!

adidas
01-01-08, 1:01 am

Definitions of gladius on the Web:

A short sword used by Roman legionaries and some gladiators.
www.geocities.com/ouarchsoc/glossary/g.html

(l^oy, poet. &op, fydffyavov), a sword or glaive, by the Latin poets called ensis. The ancient sword had generally a straight two-edged" blade (aufyiiKes, Horn. II. x. 256), rather broad, and nearly of equal width from hilt to point. ...
www.ancientlibrary.com/smith-dgra/0584.html

The Spanish short sword carried by a Roman soldier. The primary close-range weapon used.
www.personal.kent.edu/~bkharvey/roman/terms/termse-i.htm

a feather-shaped internal blade that supports the mantle of squids and serves as a site for muscle attachment. It is made of a chitin-like substance similar to shrimp shells but harder. It is also called a pen.
giantsquid.msstate.edu/Background/glossary.html

Short thrusting sword of the Romans, developed originally in bronze but more effective in the later iron examples. Designed both for thrusting and for cutting in close-in combat.
www.brigatta.com/a_k.shtml

Gladius is a Latin word for sword. Early Roman swords were similar to those used by the Greeks. From the 3rd century BC the Romans adopted swords similar to those used by the Celtiberians and others, during the Conquest of Hispania. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladius

Gladius is a tactical role-playing game released in 2003 for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and GameCube video game consoles.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladius (video game)

gripperm
01-01-08, 2:36 am
44? what's that?

The last size of jeans you can buy before you have to shop Big & Tall LOL

bobbymart
01-01-08, 11:22 am
The last size of jeans you can buy before you have to shop Big & Tall LOL

im almost there again lol 42 and going up

Joe D'Amato
01-01-08, 11:03 pm
Thanks for all the input. now i can tell every one that looks at my new forvm shirt what it actually means.

Universal Rep
07-16-10, 5:22 pm
Bump. For those who always wondered...

Joe D'Amato
10-26-10, 9:12 pm
3 years ago damn! Iv just told people giant killers response all these years.