PDA

View Full Version : Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Elite..

Pages : [1] 2 3

brandonA
01-02-08, 2:37 pm
So here it is, the new Journey...I am a rookie powerlifter. I live for the big, bone crushing weight. I have a lot of work ahead of me, lots of plates to be tossed around, both in the gym and in the kitchen...

I will be working the EliteFTS beginner's Templete, a 12 week Westside hybrid. My next meet will me in April, another Push/Pull with a full meet to follow...I will do this 12 week cycle raw, focusing on strenght, form and getting my weight and diet in check....The next cycle I will try out some gear...I got a gift certificate for some gear for Chirstmas, will pick up a Titan shirt, and some breifs for a start...But that is a while away yet....

So follow along if you care to, it will be entertaining to say the least....

GIVE NO QUARTER...

-B

Elite
01-02-08, 2:40 pm
Im in, i think your hilarious!

Not bad at shifting weight either ;)

ghost
01-02-08, 2:42 pm
no quarter shall be given....my red flag hangs high at home..

definitely Subbed brother.

Big Wides
01-02-08, 2:55 pm
PLing is not the Darkside by any stretch of the imagination......lets rock

IRBS
01-02-08, 2:56 pm
I'm in, but you already knew that...

Lowdown5
01-02-08, 3:10 pm
Here for you 100% B, as always.

brandonA
01-02-08, 3:26 pm
Right on guys, I will start the cycle to peak at the meet. Have to get the calendar out and see when that will be...I will be doing some simple shit for now to get back at it, drop some baby fat, get me contitioning back up....Cant wait to start hitting it hard again...need the punishment...

-B

krazyassmexican
01-02-08, 3:28 pm
i got your back brandon
i am gonna be following you and learning as well

Riesjs
01-02-08, 5:12 pm
another powerful jounrey begins here....

TXPWRLFTR
01-02-08, 5:36 pm
Lift Large!

brandonA
01-03-08, 9:50 am
I hit the gym last night for some light shit, get back at it at some level....Got an email from Zack Evan-esh with a pretty killer kettlebell circuit in it, so that is what I did...

10 mins on mouse wheel to warm up....

circuit was only 3 of the prescribed 6 rounds....

front squats with 20# bells x 10
military presses with 20# bells x 6 each side
2 hand swing with 24 kilo bell x 10
weight assisted pull ups to fail

after the 3rd round I did some dips, like 2 sets to fail...

10 more mins on mouse wheel....got home and remembered that I forgot to stretch..fuck..

By the 3rd round I was sucking the dirt off the floor, my lower back was way tight and I had had enough...I am not feeling too hot as of late, hopefull I am not getting this cold that is going around....

My next meet in April 19th and in order to get in my 12 week cycle with two weeks extra on the end, one for hitting my openers/deload and one off....I have to start Monday...so monday it is..will also be starting my Stak cycle on monday as well.....Stacy shift at work changed to 11am-8pm so I have to figure out when I can get to the gym...Looking like early morning is the best option right now, cause I have to get the baby after work.....we shall see how it goes....

-B

krazyassmexican
01-03-08, 9:53 am
I hit the gym last night for some light shit, get back at it at some level....Got an email from Zack Evan-esh with a pretty killer kettlebell circuit in it, so that is what I did...

10 more mins on mouse wheel....got home and remembered that I forgot to stretch..fuck..

By the 3rd round I was sucking the dirt off the floor, my lower back was way tight and I had had enough...I am not feeling too hot as of late, hopefull I am not getting this cold that is going around....

My next meet in April 19th and in order to get in my 12 week cycle with two weeks extra on the end, one for hitting my openers/deload and one off....I have to start Monday...so monday it is..will also be starting my Stak cycle on monday as well.....Stacy shift at work changed to 11am-8pm so I have to figure out when I can get to the gym...Looking like early morning is the best option right now, cause I have to get the baby after work.....we shall see how it goes....

-B

nice bro
how you like
kettlebells?

IRBS
01-03-08, 9:53 am

-B

Good stuff B. You know you wanna join my 5am crew!!

brandonA
01-03-08, 10:02 am
Good stuff B. You know you wanna join my 5am crew!!

I hate getting up in the morning, just ask Stacy..LOL....Being that I lift in a small gym, it may not be possible to go in that early and get what I need done, but we will see...I am thinking that I may come to work early, get off early, hit the gym and then go pick up the Bundle of Joy, but that is a lot of driving and back tracking....I hate that shit too.....Gotta get if figured out, Monday is right around the corner....

-B

Lowdown5
01-03-08, 10:04 am
The 5am Crew is calling you B, I will be back on it as of Monday!!

brandonA
01-03-08, 2:16 pm
So I think it is offical....I am sick....not the normal sick (in the head)...but I think I have a cold....fucking hate this shit..I think I will spend tonight on the couch, bundled up watching movies....Non bobbie movies to boot...damn it all....

I have been eating a cheap soup of sorts for lunch....one pack of Ramen, large chicken brest, and about one cup of peas...pretty good shit, and cheap as hell...like a dollar for the whole bowl....

Fuck I hate being sick...cant focus on my work....DAMN IT....

-B

Lowdown5
01-03-08, 2:18 pm
Get better and stay away from the baby.

brandonA
01-03-08, 2:23 pm
Get better and stay away from the baby.

Yea I know, dont need her to get any worse, she is on the upswing, cant fuck up her progress....

Lowdown5
01-03-08, 2:24 pm
Yea I know, dont need her to get any worse, she is on the upswing, cant fuck up her progress....

But you know you got it from her.

brandonA
01-03-08, 2:30 pm
But you know you got it from her.

Yep and she got it from momma...fun times...i expect to be sick all the time once she starts school...

Lowdown5
01-03-08, 2:31 pm
Yep and she got it from momma...fun times...i expect to be sick all the time once she starts school...

The gift that keeps on giving...........

brandonA
01-07-08, 10:16 am
Group training session for Arizona Cactus Grip Showdown that we are having here in Tucson on Feb. 9th, 2008..Going to be a sick comp...

http://www.az-grip.com/

Warmed up with grippers....
I can close the COC #2 with both hands very easliy now, 2.5 will fall very soon, currenty with in 1/32" oh so fricken close.....The #3 is about 1/2" out....that will fall by the end of the year....

Then on to 2" vbar....
Pulled 230 with my left hand, not to shabby, looking for 240-250 at the comp....

Then on to 2 hand pinch...
This is done with a pinch hub that is the same dia as a 45# plate and over 2" thick....
Pulled 160....200 at the comp??....We shall see....

Then on to bending....
I bowed out, my arms are too big and I lack sholder flexablity to be able to get the stock in the proper place under my chin....Oh well....

Blobs.....Blobs are one end of an old York barbell, you pick it up with on hand....
I picked up the 40# pretty easy, 45 and 50 were a no go, got the 45 off the ground, 50 is still a hope and wish...LOL...

Axel deads....2" thick bar...
Pulled 290ish pretty easy, good grip...360 came off the floor fast, but the bar started to rotate out, missed it twice....will get it in the comp.....

Fun times, some strong ass dudes that I train with....

Today starts the new cycle with DE Bench...cant wait to get back at it....

-B

krazyassmexican
01-08-08, 9:25 am
Group training session for Arizona Cactus Grip Showdown that we are having here in Tucson on Feb. 9th, 2008..Going to be a sick comp...

http://www.az-grip.com/

Warmed up with grippers....
I can close the COC #2 with both hands very easliy now, 2.5 will fall very soon, currenty with in 1/32" oh so fricken close.....The #3 is about 1/2" out....that will fall by the end of the year....

Then on to 2" vbar....
Pulled 230 with my left hand, not to shabby, looking for 240-250 at the comp....

Then on to 2 hand pinch...
This is done with a pinch hub that is the same dia as a 45# plate and over 2" thick....
Pulled 160....200 at the comp??....We shall see....

Then on to bending....
I bowed out, my arms are too big and I lack sholder flexablity to be able to get the stock in the proper place under my chin....Oh well....

Blobs.....Blobs are one end of an old York barbell, you pick it up with on hand....
I picked up the 40# pretty easy, 45 and 50 were a no go, got the 45 off the ground, 50 is still a hope and wish...LOL...

Axel deads....2" thick bar...
Pulled 290ish pretty easy, good grip...360 came off the floor fast, but the bar started to rotate out, missed it twice....will get it in the comp.....

Fun times, some strong ass dudes that I train with....

Today starts the new cycle with DE Bench...cant wait to get back at it....

-B

good one bro
i am thinkin very serious about buyin some grippers

brandonA
01-08-08, 9:31 am
good one bro
i am thinkin very serious about buyin some grippers

I would stick with the Captians of Crush for now, there are a ton out there, but the COC's are the easiest to follow in the progression...Get a trainer and go to town, when you can close it a bunch of times with out much effort, get the #1....Good shit bro....

-B

krazyassmexican
01-08-08, 9:36 am
I would stick with the Captians of Crush for now, there are a ton out there, but the COC's are the easiest to follow in the progression...Get a trainer and go to town, when you can close it a bunch of times with out much effort, get the #1....Good shit bro....

-B

i'll keep it in mind

brandonA
01-08-08, 9:46 am
DE Bench -
8 set of 3 @ 60% or 155

Was supposed to use the 3 different grip deal, but it ruins my flow so 3 reps with the same grip...Weight was good, was a bit slower than I like it to be, but I am really focusing on my form....

4 Board Press -
225 x 3 - way to easy, I mean come on it's 4 freaking boards
275 x 3 - much better
285 x 3 - pretty good...still getting used to the movement, my elbows were flared out really bad, almost felt like a damn Tate press...I have a steady diet of 4 boards to get it down..

Was suppoesed to use my weight from the DE Bench, but if I had tried to do 4 board with 155, I would not have been allowed back in the gym...

DB Bench -

60 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10

Been for ever for these, so I just grabbed a random weight and went at it....

DB Bent Over Rows -
Think I was supposed to do these with both arms at the same time, but I had issues with that so did them one armed...

65 x 10 x 3

Grip was shot form the Sunday session so 65 was good...

Tri Push downs -
4 x 12 with 120ish..

Damn that was a lot of pressing. So far I really like this templete the volume on the accessories is going to take some getting used to, but I need it....Wensday will be fun with a low box and a close stance....

-B

Lowdown5
01-08-08, 11:55 pm
Damn B, you were a pressing machine!

brandonA
01-09-08, 9:43 am
Damn B, you were a pressing machine!

Hell ya....Be a squating machine tonigh....LOL...

-B

IRBS
01-09-08, 9:49 am
DE Bench -
8 set of 3 @ 60% or 155

Was supposed to use the 3 different grip deal, but it ruins my flow so 3 reps with the same grip...Weight was good, was a bit slower than I like it to be, but I am really focusing on my form....

4 Board Press -
225 x 3 - way to easy, I mean come on it's 4 freaking boards
275 x 3 - much better
285 x 3 - pretty good...still getting used to the movement, my elbows were flared out really bad, almost felt like a damn Tate press...I have a steady diet of 4 boards to get it down..

Was suppoesed to use my weight from the DE Bench, but if I had tried to do 4 board with 155, I would not have been allowed back in the gym...

DB Bench -

60 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10

Been for ever for these, so I just grabbed a random weight and went at it....

DB Bent Over Rows -
Think I was supposed to do these with both arms at the same time, but I had issues with that so did them one armed...

65 x 10 x 3

Grip was shot form the Sunday session so 65 was good...

Tri Push downs -
4 x 12 with 120ish..

Damn that was a lot of pressing. So far I really like this templete the volume on the accessories is going to take some getting used to, but I need it....Wensday will be fun with a low box and a close stance....

-B

Nice session B. I bet your tris are fired after that. You got a link for this template youre on? I gotta start looking for my next training cycle...

brandonA
01-09-08, 9:53 am
Nice session B. I bet your tris are fired after that. You got a link for this template youre on? I gotta start looking for my next training cycle...

It the Beginners templete from EFS.com....not sure if it is on line...I bought the little book when they were on sale for a buck...when i get a chance I will type some of it up for you...or scan it if the scanner is up to the task...It is pretty simple, no bands or chains, but pretty intense...

-B

IRBS
01-09-08, 9:54 am
It the Beginners templete from EFS.com....not sure if it is on line...I bought the little book when they were on sale for a buck...when i get a chance I will type some of it up for you...or scan it if the scanner is up to the task...It is pretty simple, no bands or chains, but pretty intense...

-B

Thats cool man, no biggie.

brandonA
01-09-08, 10:42 am
Thats cool man, no biggie.

I will get you the Cliffs Notes version this weekend....

-B

Hollow
01-09-08, 9:57 pm
Damn fine session brandona! I hope you and your family had a great holiday.

brandonA
01-10-08, 9:27 am
Damn fine session brandona! I hope you and your family had a great holiday.

Holidays were great bro, fun for the baby....Next year will be a blast with her being older and all...

-B

brandonA
01-10-08, 10:00 am
Close stance low box squats - work up to 5 RM
warm up - blah, blah
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 5

Close stance fucking sucks balls, I can handle the low box, but close stance...shit..this was tough...my legs are too big to get too close, but it was much, much closer that my normal squat, my knees kept going in and there was nothing i could do about it.....

GHR -
As many sets as it take to get to 30 reps....did it in 3

DB Lunges -
3x 10 each leg
fucking suck...did 30's the 1st time and BW the next too...wore out by now

45 Deg back raises -
dont have this machine, so did 90 deg on the GHR...crushed what ever was left in the hammies

3 x 10 with BW

Weighted sit ups -
Did declines with BW 3 x 12

15 mins on dreadmill...

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of shape, this workout kicked my ass...Have to starting adding weight to all the BW that I did today...gotta get stronger....gotta get in shape, will be hitting the cardio and pulling the sled when I can....Friday is ME Upper....looks like a killer...

Little, well big, bald birdy with a tat on the back of his head....told me that the owner of the gym is putting on a USAPL meet in April...Looks like my 1st full meet will be in the tightest Fed on earth.....better get my ATG squat up to par...

-B

IRBS
01-10-08, 10:21 am
Close stance low box squats - work up to 5 RM
warm up - blah, blah
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 5

Close stance fucking sucks balls, I can handle the low box, but close stance...shit..this was tough...my legs are too big to get too close, but it was much, much closer that my normal squat, my knees kept going in and there was nothing i could do about it.....

GHR -
As many sets as it take to get to 30 reps....did it in 3

DB Lunges -
3x 10 each leg
fucking suck...did 30's the 1st time and BW the next too...wore out by now

45 Deg back raises -
dont have this machine, so did 90 deg on the GHR...crushed what ever was left in the hammies

3 x 10 with BW

Weighted sit ups -
Did declines with BW 3 x 12

15 mins on dreadmill...

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of shape, this workout kicked my ass...Have to starting adding weight to all the BW that I did today...gotta get stronger....gotta get in shape, will be hitting the cardio and pulling the sled when I can....Friday is ME Upper....looks like a killer...

Little, well big, bald birdy with a tat on the back of his head....told me that the owner of the gym is putting on a USAPL meet in April...Looks like my 1st full meet will be in the tightest Fed on earth.....better get my ATG squat up to par...

-B

Nice work B...I hear ya on the Close stance squats...but it will make youre Powersquat much stronger.

Oh, and yeah, if I were you I wouldnt squat at parrallel or above until you get past that meet, LOL.

brandonA
01-10-08, 10:23 am
Nice work B...I hear ya on the Close stance squats...but it will make youre Powersquat much stronger.

Oh, and yeah, if I were you I wouldnt squat at parrallel or above until you get past that meet, LOL.

Yea I was thinking that I may just have to stay with the box height I was using last night for the whole cycle...cant hurt any, weights will get back up after a bit....and I was starting to use my head more in on the bench, like Mark Bell does, lift it up and then fire it down, was working, but I will have to have them tape my head to the bench.....

-B

brandonA
01-10-08, 10:55 am
Just printed the IPF rule book....34 pages of fuuuuunnnnnn....cant wait to read this gem...

-B

IRBS
01-10-08, 10:56 am
Just printed the IPF rule book....34 pages of fuuuuunnnnnn....cant wait to read this gem...

-B

Good Lord....IPF...gotta love 'em...LOL

brandonA
01-10-08, 10:57 am
Good Lord....IPF...gotta love 'em...LOL

Well if I do good in an IPF/USAPL meet, then I should be set to do good anywhere...maybe it is best to cut my teeth in the toughtest Fed....

-B

Big Wides
01-10-08, 10:59 am
looking good big fella, close stance squats, you know i can't remember the last time i did them......and I would def follow IRBS nugget of knoweldge for the squats, infact you just might want to dig a hole on your squat days and go till your ass is in it......good luck with that meet

Lowdown5
01-10-08, 11:04 am
April is getting closer B, time to get this shit in gear.

IRBS
01-10-08, 11:05 am
Well if I do good in an IPF/USAPL meet, then I should be set to do good anywhere...maybe it is best to cut my teeth in the toughtest Fed....

-B

Very True, Very True.

brandonA
01-14-08, 9:56 am
2 board press - work up to 5 RM..
Warm ups - blah, blah
Working sets -
225 x 5
250 x 5
255 x 4

Moved up in wieght too fast..oh well...

Pull ups - 5 sets (weight assisted...)
50 reps

3 way sholder (front, side, rear)....
20 @ 10#
20 @ 8#
20 @ 5#

fucking killers, could not raise my arms for 2 freaking days after this one....

DB Tri Exts...

3x10 W/ 30's
these hurt my elbows so I am going to start slow with the weight...

15 mins cardio on dread mill.....out....

-B

IRBS
01-14-08, 10:00 am
Nice work B. Killin it. Gotta get that board work up over 300lbs!!! Your on your way!

Big Wides
01-14-08, 10:06 am
nice job with the 20-20-20s, its a killer......good work with the board work. looking good so far.....keep it up

brandonA
01-14-08, 11:47 am
Nice work B. Killin it. Gotta get that board work up over 300lbs!!! Your on your way!

On the way up...Next week for a 4 board for sure...
-B

nice job with the 20-20-20s, its a killer......good work with the board work. looking good so far.....keep it up

I had to get creative to get threw the last set, broke it down to 4, 5 reps sets....the burn was freaking awesome....lol...

-B

brandonA
01-14-08, 11:53 am
DE Box squats - 10 sets of 2 at 55% or 185
Used the same box as the ME work, with is about 2" low, but went wide, feet touching the rack....Got a tinge in the lower back on the last few sets, so I threw on the belt...what a huge differnce...

DE Deads - 10 sets of 1 at 55% or 185
Speed off the floor was amazing, light weight so what do you expect, form was good...all pulls with belt...

Reverse Hypers -
10 @ BW
10 @ 10
10 @ 25

Hardest part is the weight on your diphpram and cant freak breath...LOL..

Side bends w/ DB supersetted with Hanging Knee raises (due to time)
3 x 10 w/ 50's

10 mins dreadmill to warm up
15 mins dreadmill when done....

-B

brandonA
01-14-08, 11:58 am
DE Bench...
Warm ups - Blah....
8 set of 3 with 155 (60%)
1 set of 2 with 180 (70%)

4 Board press -
275 x 3
285 x 3
295 x 3

300 next week for sure...

DB Bench Press -
60 x 10
65 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

DB bent over rows - 2 arms
45 x 10 x 4
Dont like these...will do one arm or BB next week

Tri Push Downs
4x12 with 120ish....tris pretty fried by this point....

This was my 1st 530 am work out and it went pretty good, save for the dude not showing up to open the gym..one of the trainers got there at 545 only because he had a 600 appoinmnet...Jammed a two hour work out in to one hour...no cardio....Pressing machine....

-B

IRBS
01-14-08, 12:33 pm
DE Bench...
Warm ups - Blah....
8 set of 3 with 155 (60%)
1 set of 2 with 180 (70%)

4 Board press -
275 x 3
285 x 3
295 x 3

300 next week for sure...

DB Bench Press -
60 x 10
65 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

DB bent over rows - 2 arms
45 x 10 x 4
Dont like these...will do one arm or BB next week

Tri Push Downs
4x12 with 120ish....tris pretty fried by this point....

This was my 1st 530 am work out and it went pretty good, save for the dude not showing up to open the gym..one of the trainers got there at 545 only because he had a 600 appoinmnet...Jammed a two hour work out in to one hour...no cardio....Pressing machine....

-B

I hate it when they dont show on time. Luckily ours usually opens a bit early...

brandonA
01-14-08, 1:32 pm
I hate it when they dont show on time. Luckily ours usually opens a bit early...

I was starting to steam pretty bad, he got there just as I was finishing up...All the others that were standing outside said that this had never happened, that he is usally there early...just my luck...seemed like the day for it...The trainer had a client not show up, the only reason that he even showed up, one of the other trainers did not show up....oh well..I was there and that is all that really matters...Plesently suprised on how empty the gym was, looks like i will not have any issues getting my work outs in....

-B

brandonA
01-15-08, 11:11 am
So I am a fat ass again and need to do something about it...After talking with IRBS yesterday, he made me realize that the anwser was right in my face....here is what went down....

Stacy is working a afternoon shift and dont get off till 8pm, so I have the baby all evening so going to the gym is out of the question, althoug I do have one of those carriier things...

So we went for a walk last night, through the hood...I put her in the stroller and bundeled her up in her blankies and made sure she had her binky and off we went...did a 30 min trip, lots of stray dogs roaming da hood, so I brought my new toy....a 2 cell MAG l.e.d. doggie be good stick/flashlight....

we are going to do this every night, with the weight training being in the morning...Stacy is off today, so she will go with us and my mom wants to start it up as well...so much nicer than going to the gym as stairing at my fat ass in the mirror for 30 mins.....now if i could just get those assholes to close there gates and not park on the sidewalk so we can walk there, that would be great...

-B

IRBS
01-15-08, 11:28 am
So I am a fat ass again and need to do something about it...After talking with IRBS yesterday, he made me realize that the anwser was right in my face....here is what went down....

Stacy is working a afternoon shift and dont get off till 8pm, so I have the baby all evening so going to the gym is out of the question, althoug I do have one of those carriier things...

So we went for a walk last night, through the hood...I put her in the stroller and bundeled her up in her blankies and made sure she had her binky and off we went...did a 30 min trip, lots of stray dogs roaming da hood, so I brought my new toy....a 2 cell MAG l.e.d. doggie be good stick/flashlight....

we are going to do this every night, with the weight training being in the morning...Stacy is off today, so she will go with us and my mom wants to start it up as well...so much nicer than going to the gym as stairing at my fat ass in the mirror for 30 mins.....now if i could just get those assholes to close there gates and not park on the sidewalk so we can walk there, that would be great...

-B

Good deal bro!

brandonA
01-16-08, 10:27 am
PM cardio last night, 30 min walk with the baby..

Close stance low box squats - wrists are a bit beat up, so we went SSB (remember that that fucker is about 80# empty, but we count it as a regular 45# bar)

Warm up - blah, blah (after 5 mins on dreadmill)
working set - Up to new 5 RM
135 x 5
175 x 5
added belt (portecting the lower back at all costs)
195 x 5 (last week 5 RM)
205 x 5
215 x 5

SSB makes it harder, but oh so much fun, John came by and told me to work on getting bigger air...makes a huge differance.

GHR - 40 reps with bw (4x10)

Lunges - 4 x 10 each leg
bw x 10
10# x 10 x 3
Lunges are a killer after the squats and GHR..

back raises done on GHR (should be 45, but dont have one)
4 x 12 with BW...these will roast whats left of your hammies, good glute squeze at top

Weight Decline sit ups -
4 sets of 10, 3 done with 25 on chest, then one of the guys said here try this and brought over a stong band, I did half of 3 reps, then tried the light band and was able to do 3 whole reps and 2 half reps, fighting to get to the top.....fuck me...I will start doing these next week, but with the mini band...LOL...

-B

IRBS
01-16-08, 10:36 am
Nice work B...I wish I had a SSB

brandonA
01-16-08, 11:01 am
Nice work B...I wish I had a SSB

Makes a huge difference, forces you to keep your back straighter, takes a lot of load off my wrists..them close stance squats are a killer but the weight is moving up...John was saying that we are looking at April 26th for the meet....

-B

Lowdown5
01-16-08, 11:28 am
Good work B!

Oh, I think your post was the first time the word "binky" was used here. I think you may have wom a prize.

brandonA
01-16-08, 11:32 am
Good work B!

Oh, I think your post was the first time the word "binky" was used here. I think you may have wom a prize.

hahah...binky and blankie in the same sentance....I dropped a moo-cow in another thread, but Vinny discouraged the use of yummy....

-B

Lowdown5
01-16-08, 11:34 am
hahah...binky and blankie in the same sentance....I dropped a moo-cow in another thread, but Vinny discouraged the use of yummy....

-B

Good call on Vinnys part, we are manly men and we don't say "yummy". Makes us sound weak. LOL

krazyassmexican
01-17-08, 8:34 am
good ones B
you killin it with no mercy

brandonA
01-18-08, 10:06 am
good ones B
you killin it with no mercy

Thanks Will...No Mercy is the name of the game...

-B

brandonA
01-18-08, 10:13 am
2 Board Bench - up to new 5RM
Warm up -
Blah x 10x5

Working Set -
225 x 5
235 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 5 (new 5RM)...not going to lie, left a lot in the tank, smoked this where I only go 4 reps last week...265 and maybe 275 will fall next week...

6 Sets of pullups -
All to fail, put the pin in at like 240 removed, dropped a plate with every set, also did 3 differnt grips...

3 way sholder -
20 @ 15
20 @ 10
20 @ 10

Dumbell Tri Ext -
4 sets of 10 @ 35...

Good work out, volume is climbing on all the accessory stuff, so the weights will be nothing too impressive, bench felt really good this morning, strong off the boards all the way to the top, and that is what is important..

No cardio for the last few days due to the crappy weather, cant take the baby out casue it has been cold and really windy...hopefully the wind will die down and we can go tonight....

Been adding Juicy Watermelon EAA stack to my gallon of water....tasty stuff, makes it much easier to go down....

BW holding at 2x Mark's weight....

-B

IRBS
01-18-08, 10:28 am
LOL 2X's Marks weight!!! That cracked me up, I needed that today, LOL!!

Awesome work B!!

krazyassmexican
01-18-08, 10:29 am
still giving no quarter
keep it dark brother!

brandonA
01-18-08, 11:08 am
LOL 2X's Marks weight!!! That cracked me up, I needed that today, LOL!!

Awesome work B!!

Thought you would like that one..LOL...the only one here that will get it...hahahaha....Thanks bro....

-B

brandonA
01-18-08, 11:08 am
still giving no quarter
keep it dark brother!

Thanks bro, crouched in the dark, stalking them plates...

-B

brandonA
01-21-08, 10:36 am
Box Squats - low box, comp stance (wide baby)
10 set of 2 @ 205 (60%)

Speed pulls with Axel, dbl over hand -
10 sets of 1 @ 205 (60%)

Cardio (oh this was so much fun) -
Farmers walks with EliteFTS handles..
Handles are 82# each, added one plate on each end...173 per hand, 346# total...
4 trips of 100 feet each....
What a fucking killer cardio session..Talk about a full body work out..my traps have NEVER been this sore...abs, lower back, feet...every thing is fucking sore...hands are fried....

Reverse Hypers -
4 sets of 10 with dime
This really kill me, not becasue the movement is hard, but putting all the pressure on my fat gut, squeezes all the air out....

side bends with DB -
3 x 10 with 60's

Hanging knee raises -
3x10

Then Aaron came in for a demo for the grip comp...So I hit some 2 hand pinch, 2" V-bar, grippers and tried to move the blob, but my hands were (are) still tore up...

Busy day....

-B

brandonA
01-21-08, 10:45 am
DE bench -
Warm ups - who really cares? took my time though...

Working sets -
8 sets of 3 at 155 (60%)
1 set of 2 at 180 (70%)
1 set of 1 at 205 (80%) smoke show...

4- board presses -
295 x 3
305 x 2 - 2nd rep floated towards my face, spotter nudged it back and I finished the rep, but wont count is...stopped here...fucking fried...

DB Bench - more volume today..
45 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 10
60 x 10
65 x 10

DB BOR's - used kettle bells, hands are fucking smoked...
30 x 10
40 x 10 x 3
50 x 10

Tri Pushdowns - used roped
4 x 12 with 100ish....

Think I am getting this cold that is going around, engery was in the toliet and stomach was all fucked up this morning..305 was pretty easy, but I knew that I did not have another set in me..last week of this wave, one to differnet shit next week...

-B

Big Wides
01-21-08, 10:56 am
nice sessions B, soild work on the board pressing.....and having fun while doing cardio, you mad man......farmer's walk will help in all aspects of PLing, espically the deadlift....keep training hard big fella, your doing good

brandonA
01-21-08, 11:16 am
nice sessions B, soild work on the board pressing.....and having fun while doing cardio, you mad man......farmer's walk will help in all aspects of PLing, espically the deadlift....keep training hard big fella, your doing good

Thanks Big W....between the farmer's walk and this cold that is brewing, I feel like I got hit by a truck...

-B

IRBS
01-21-08, 12:18 pm
Very solid work B...get used to having 300+ in your hands!!! It will be common place soon!

brandonA
01-21-08, 12:20 pm
Very solid work B...get used to having 300+ in your hands!!! It will be common place soon!

Thanks bro, felt pretty easy, not too heavy at all...I like it and plan to do it much more often..hahaha...

-B

brandonA
01-21-08, 1:33 pm
Oh yea, should not need to say this, but I will throw it out there any way...The farmer's walks...NO FUCKING STRAPS!!!!!..I will NEVER miss a lift because I cant hold on to the bar....

-B

Nightshift
01-22-08, 12:49 am
Awesome!! I think PL is definately your thing!! You'll acheive great things with your work ethic!!

Sir J-Werk
01-22-08, 3:36 am
Nice lookin' lifts i'm seeing B. I'm going to have to read up on my powerlifting terminology though cause half of this stuff is greek to me! LOL! All good though!

hjayss
01-22-08, 3:45 am
wassup B...lOOKING STRONG BRO...can not waitto see that new bench press numbers...might tap 300 br the summer...mayby b4 the arnold at your pace...

brandonA
01-24-08, 11:04 am
Awesome!! I think PL is definately your thing!! You'll acheive great things with your work ethic!!

Thanks Shifty...feels good to swing the heavy weight..
-B

Nice lookin' lifts i'm seeing B. I'm going to have to read up on my powerlifting terminology though cause half of this stuff is greek to me! LOL! All good though!
Thanks J...Just ask away...
-B

wassup B...lOOKING STRONG BRO...can not waitto see that new bench press numbers...might tap 300 br the summer...mayby b4 the arnold at your pace...

Me either Homer, cant wait to stick that 300 and then blow past it...
-B

------------------------------

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few..I am sick as hell, got this cold that is going around, tried to go to the gym yesterday, all I could manage was going to the bathroom and coughing up half a lung...then back to bed....Hope to get back to tomorrow and then make up the ME squats on sunday...Been pounding the Airborne, great shit....plop, plop, fizz, fizz and it makes me feel half way human again...on th positive side...the baby loves the croaky, frog voice I am currently sporting....

-B

brandonA
01-25-08, 10:42 am
Week 3/Day 2 - missed due to this damn cold that is fucking with my mind...

---

2 board press - up to 5RM
warm up - who cares
Working set -
235 x 5 - after watching me do 225x3 off my chest the set before, I took some ribbing for this set, and they were right...
265 x 5
275 x 5 - grinder, but got it done...

Pullups -
7 sets of at least 8 reps, variuos weight removed...

3 way shoulder -
1 x 20 @ 15
1 x 20 @ 10
1 x 10 @ 10 out of juice, still cant raise my hand if I needed to...

DB tri ext -
40 x 10
30 x 10 x 4
Watched some vids, changed up the form a bit and the elbows dont hurt as bad...

Still not 100% due to the cold and it showed in the workout, getting a deep breath is still an issue, but gettin better....Last week of this wave..next week we start, rack lock outs, floor presses, deads off a 3" platform...and other fun stuff....

-B

Hollow
01-25-08, 10:50 am
Even though you are not 100% that was still a solid workout. Hope you are feeling better soon.

brandonA
01-28-08, 10:20 am
Even though you are not 100% that was still a solid workout. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks bro, getting there.....

-B

krazyassmexican
01-28-08, 10:23 am
what up B?
your workouts are lookin nice
are you doing the dumbbell extensions with both arms?
i dont have problems with the elbows but my wrist suffers a lot

brandonA
01-28-08, 10:25 am
Missed my other lowerbody workout on sunday, did not sleep at all on saturday night, woke up way late, had a flat tire...just wasnt going to happen...sucks, but it is what it is....

-------------
Here's what went down this morning....

DE Bench -
Warm ups - blah..

Working sets -
8 sets of 3 at 60% (155)

Rack lockouts - harder than they sound, bar from a resting position 4"-5" ROM

275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 3 - this was a grinder, had to fight it all the way up...more next week..hahahah

DB Inclines press -
50 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

BOR -
135 x 10
185 x 10
185 x 10

Tri pushdowns with rope -
4x12 with 120ish....

next up...Deads of 3" platform...should be tons of fun...

-B

Sir J-Werk
01-28-08, 6:11 pm
Getting stronger and stronger every time I stop in B! Awesome stuff to follow!

Hollow
01-28-08, 7:20 pm
Talk about a bad start to the day on Sunday! Looks like you made it up on Monday's workout! Workouts continue to look great Brandona.

brandonA
01-30-08, 10:29 am
what up B?
your workouts are lookin nice
are you doing the dumbbell extensions with both arms?
i dont have problems with the elbows but my wrist suffers a lot

Sorry Will, I missed this one...Yea I do them with both arms..I keep my wrist warps on loose and that helps from killing the wrists...I think with more reps my elbows will get better as the muscle around them get stronger...

-B

brandonA
01-30-08, 10:31 am
Getting stronger and stronger every time I stop in B! Awesome stuff to follow!

Thanks J...imange how much damage we could do working out together...maybe when that snow goes away...
-B

Talk about a bad start to the day on Sunday! Looks like you made it up on Monday's workout! Workouts continue to look great Brandona.

Thank Hollow...just glad it was at the house and I could use my floor jack, other wise it would have been much worse, with much, much, much cussing....

-B

Lowdown5
01-30-08, 10:32 am
Sunday sucked but you turned it into a positive. Keep focused B, keep doing your best.

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 10:34 am
Sorry Will, I missed this one...Yea I do them with both arms..I keep my wrist warps on loose and that helps from killing the wrists...I think with more reps my elbows will get better as the muscle around them get stronger...

-B

i feel you i need to buy me some decent wraps

brandonA
01-30-08, 10:39 am
Deads off 3" platform...aka what the fuck was I thinking...
All one big set....
5 mins on dreadmill and streching
135 x 10 off floor to stretch out, the on to 3" platform
135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 3 (added belt)
295 x 1.5 - frist rep was clean and pretty easy, second one the bar was way out in front, form was complety shot by this point and I called it a day....Weak hips will soon be a thing of the past....

GHR -
3x10 w/ BW

DB step ups -
1x10 (each leg) w/ 50lbs KB...fuck me
2x10 with body weight..much better...damn I am fat and weak

Back raises on GHR -
3x10 with body weight

Decline situps with mini band -
1 x 10 w/BW
2 x 10 w/ MB...killers, gotta explode or the band kicks your ass...

Drive to work I was repeating my mantra, "I WILL NOT PUKE".....Killer workout...Hips are fried..legs are still shaking...

-B

brandonA
01-30-08, 10:44 am
Sunday sucked but you turned it into a positive. Keep focused B, keep doing your best.

You know it John...
-B

i feel you i need to buy me some decent wraps

ATP bro, cheap and great quality....Convicts are the shit...
-B

Young&Hungry
01-30-08, 4:06 pm
Great work on those deads bro, especially from such a defecit. GHR's are looking good, shows nice strength with your bodyweight, and I'm really diggin those miniband situps. The EliteFTS beginners program thorough and kickass, you're doing great work bro so keep it going!

brandonA
01-30-08, 4:26 pm
Great work on those deads bro, especially from such a defecit. GHR's are looking good, shows nice strength with your bodyweight, and I'm really diggin those miniband situps. The EliteFTS beginners program thorough and kickass, you're doing great work bro so keep it going!

Thanks man...My GPP is in the tolite right now and this temple is kicking my ass....I am usally sucking air for about 5 mins after my workout. The templet is great, loving it so far...The mini band declince situps are awesome, may use dbl or monster mini next time...Big boys in my gym use the strong band, that about killed me, I could get about half way up, fight it and the get snapped back down to the bench.....sick....

-B

brandonA
01-30-08, 4:59 pm
I was cruzing thru the laser shop here at work, I always poke my head in to the scrap bin to see if there is anything good in there, today I snagged 9 - 15" dia disks, each one is 5/8" thick...Each one weighs 31 pounds...now I have weights for my sled...pretty cool...I love my job...a few modifications and I am good to go....279 total pounds of fun....any wonder why I drive a 3/4 ton truck...hahahah.....

-B

Young&Hungry
01-30-08, 8:50 pm
Thanks man...My GPP is in the tolite right now and this temple is kicking my ass....I am usally sucking air for about 5 mins after my workout. The templet is great, loving it so far...The mini band declince situps are awesome, may use dbl or monster mini next time...Big boys in my gym use the strong band, that about killed me, I could get about half way up, fight it and the get snapped back down to the bench.....sick....

-B

Good stuff bro, lucky of you that you can train in a hardcore PL'ing gym. Hey B, what would be some good max effort exercises for someone with weak front delts? I get stuck at the transition between the "off the chest" area and lockout. I feel my shoulders firing on all cylinders at this point but just get no push. I'm positive that it's not a lat or chest issue. I was thinking 1-2 boards and inclines for ME stuff, and some DB floor presses and heavy militaries for assistance.

brandonA
02-01-08, 9:47 am
Good stuff bro, lucky of you that you can train in a hardcore PL'ing gym. Hey B, what would be some good max effort exercises for someone with weak front delts? I get stuck at the transition between the "off the chest" area and lockout. I feel my shoulders firing on all cylinders at this point but just get no push. I'm positive that it's not a lat or chest issue. I was thinking 1-2 boards and inclines for ME stuff, and some DB floor presses and heavy militaries for assistance.

3-4 boards and barbell floor presses are working wonders for me in that range..right now for my ME work I am doing floor presses, the last wave was 4 board presses...Inclines are great, but not sure if I would do them as a ME movement....Good question for the PL thread...

-B

Lowdown5
02-01-08, 9:49 am
I was cruzing thru the laser shop here at work, I always poke my head in to the scrap bin to see if there is anything good in there, today I snagged 9 - 15" dia disks, each one is 5/8" thick...Each one weighs 31 pounds...now I have weights for my sled...pretty cool...I love my job...a few modifications and I am good to go....279 total pounds of fun....any wonder why I drive a 3/4 ton truck...hahahah.....

-B

Very good news!!

brandonA
02-01-08, 9:52 am
Floor press - up to 3RM
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3 (max)
265 x 2 - could not get comfertable on the last one and lost it....next week

Pull ups - (weight assisted)
5 sets of 8-10

DB front raises -
3 sets of 10, worked up to 30's

Elbows out Tri exts -
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10

Fast work out, in and out in about an hour. Form on the floor presses need work, need to keep the elbows in...when you take a lot of the leg drive out, it makes it much harder..LOL...Tri's are fried...good workout...want to get every aspect of my bench up over 275...on my way....then 300....

-B

brandonA
02-01-08, 9:55 am
Very good news!!

fun stuff, with the weather and the baby being sick, we have not been able to go on our walks in the evenings...if this keeps up we may have to drive to the mall and walk there....not sure when I will have time to do my sled work...thinking that I may keep it in the back of the truck and do it at lunch...

-B

B.C.
02-02-08, 8:05 pm
I'll be along for this ride B. I'm kinda interested in the darkside since I need to focus on gaining strength right now. I just may try a few of your PL workouts to help me along. Good luck on this journey B.

Stay Strong.
B.C.

krazyassmexican
02-05-08, 10:59 am
Floor press - up to 3RM
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3 (max)
265 x 2 - could not get comfertable on the last one and lost it....next week

Pull ups - (weight assisted)
5 sets of 8-10

DB front raises -
3 sets of 10, worked up to 30's

Elbows out Tri exts -
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10

Fast work out, in and out in about an hour. Form on the floor presses need work, need to keep the elbows in...when you take a lot of the leg drive out, it makes it much harder..LOL...Tri's are fried...good workout...want to get every aspect of my bench up over 275...on my way....then 300....

-B
nice workout bro, those floor presses are the shit

brandonA
02-06-08, 11:03 am
I'll be along for this ride B. I'm kinda interested in the darkside since I need to focus on gaining strength right now. I just may try a few of your PL workouts to help me along. Good luck on this journey B.

Stay Strong.
B.C.

Thanks BC...I love it...fun stuff...
-B

nice workout bro, those floor presses are the shit

Hells ya bro, I used to do them a lot with dumbells, but on to the big legues with the barbell....thanks for checking in....

-B

brandonA
02-06-08, 11:13 am
Week 4/Day 4 - DE Lower

Box squats (low) -
10 sets of 2 at 185 (55%)
Damn, I was tired, I was thinking on how I am sick of dealing with sissy weight and it felt like a TON on my sholders...Hips were fried....

Deads -
10 sets of 1 at 185 (55%)
way to easy, bar exploded off floor, form was spot on...the pulls off blocks are helping a ton..

Reverse Hypers -
bw x 10
25 x 10
35 x 10
ok, need to quit being a pussy here, I fire up so hard the bar jumps off my legs, need more weight...will try 90 and see how that feels this week...

Side bends -
70 x 10 x 3

Hanging legs with bent knees -
3 x 10

---------------

Week 5/Day 1 - DE Upper -
missed workout, I did not get any sleep on sunday night, so I slept thru the workout to try to get in a few hours...was a fucking zombie all day....will hit some of the more important movements on friday...

----------------

Week 5/Day 2 - ME lower.

Deads off 3" blocks - 3RM
W/P - blah
Working set -
135 x 10
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3 (3 RM last week)
295 x 3 smoke show
315 x 3 smoke show, bar kept getting out in front though...

My back is at 110%, but a back injury messes with my mind and I am still babying it...I will push past this and crank out some real weight...

GHR -
40 reps with bw (4x10)

Step ups -
2 x 10 each leg (was supposed to do 4, but ran out of time)

Back raises - skipped, back was tight as hell at this point...

Decline sit ups with mini band
4 x 10 ( monster mini next week)

Thats all folks, sorry for the delay in updating....

-B

krazyassmexican
02-06-08, 11:16 am
nice workouts man
i feel you about the back
in my case i am still a lil bit afraid of squattin since my back injury

we just gotta be smart and listen to the body

brandonA
02-06-08, 11:19 am
nice workouts man
i feel you about the back
in my case i am still a lil bit afraid of squattin since my back injury

we just gotta be smart and listen to the body

You know it..I just need to turn off the part of the brain that says, "this is going to hurt, ouch!!!" and turn UP the part of the brain that says "This is going to hurt, BRING IT ON FUCKER!!!!!"..hahaha....

-B

krazyassmexican
02-06-08, 11:22 am
You know it..I just need to turn off the part of the brain that says, "this is going to hurt, ouch!!!" and turn UP the part of the brain that says "This is going to hurt, BRING IT ON FUCKER!!!!!"..hahaha....

-B

hell yeah the tricky mind
gotta learn to control it bro

Sir J-Werk
02-06-08, 6:54 pm
Lookin' fierce B! Keep firing on all those cylinders Brother.

brandonA
02-08-08, 10:16 am
Lookin' fierce B! Keep firing on all those cylinders Brother.

Thanks J..

-B

----********---****--***--**---

Running at granny speed this morning, was late to the gym and had to fire up the afterburners, which got me to granny without the walker speed...

Floor Presses - up to new 3RM
bar x bazillion
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 2 Shit no new 3RM today..fucking weak tri's...Ill show you, fuckers!!1
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3 - ha, ha, ha...take that fuckers....

Weight assisted pullups -
6 sets of 6-8 reps

DB Front raises -
4 sets of 10, worked up to 30's....what a fucking burn...ouch!!!

Elbows out tri extensions -
40 x 10
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10

out...was a fast workout...not happy with the floor pressing, tri's need a lot of work...fuckers...

-B

krazyassmexican
02-08-08, 10:29 am
Thanks J..

-B

----********---****--***--**---

Running at granny speed this morning, was late to the gym and had to fire up the afterburners, which got me to granny without the walker speed...

Floor Presses - up to new 3RM
bar x bazillion
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 2 Shit no new 3RM today..fucking weak tri's...Ill show you, fuckers!!1
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3 - ha, ha, ha...take that fuckers....

Weight assisted pullups -
6 sets of 6-8 reps

DB Front raises -
4 sets of 10, worked up to 30's....what a fucking burn...ouch!!!

Elbows out tri extensions -
40 x 10
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 10

out...was a fast workout...not happy with the floor pressing, tri's need a lot of work...fuckers...

-B
insane numbers brother keep that shit going

brandonA
02-11-08, 10:33 am
Saturday was the 1st annual Arizona Catcus Grip Showdown. I was a great time and there were some very impressive performances..Here is what I did..all the results came be found here...

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=26361&st=0&gopid=342336&#entry342336

My day went like this, any questions please ask...

Grippers -
3rd - Brandon Azevedo #2, Avg #2 2nd round (that is an Ironmind COC #2)

2 Hand Pinch - (this is like pinching 2-45's with a loading pin in the middle and extra weight added)
3rd - Brandon Azevedo 163.81#, 2nd round

2" FBBC Vbar (Rising bar)
6th Brandon Azevedo 175#, 1st round
I took too big of a jump, to 205, a weight I have hit many times, but not today)

Bending FBBC steel
6th Brandon Azevedo 5.5" 60d (7x1/4 round, 60d, 5.5 60d)
I was shocked at my performance here, I have shyed away from the bending cause I have a hard time with the technique. It requires you to get the stock up under your chin and if you have big arms (pushing 19" now) it is hard to get in to that position...but something clicked and I had a great day...time to get some bigger shit and kill it...

2" Ironmind Axle DO DL (Rising Bar)
3rd Brandon Azevedo 315#, 3rd round
not wanting to repeat my fuckup on the V-bar, I was more careful on my attempts till I hit the 315, it went up like butter baby, grip was solid so i fugured what the hell, though 340 on there and lets go....got it to above my knees when the grip gave out..oh well..next time...

Blob load
4th Brandon Azevedo 25,30,35,40 9.4sec
I almost got the 45, was about 4" from the platform and I droped it...but that was a PR, dont think I have ever gotten the 45 that high before.

I finished 4th overall which was a great suprise to me..It was a fun day, Next year I am gunning for the top..dont think I can catch Aaron, but 2nd may be doable.....

Sunday's training was cancled due to the fact that I was wiped out....

-B

brandonA
02-11-08, 10:47 am
So sundays DE Lower was skipped, the grip comp beat me up pretty bad...

Here is what went down today -
DE Bench -
Warm up - blah, blah...
working set -
6 sets of 3 @ 155 (60%)
1x1 @ 180(70%)
1x1 @ 205 (80%)
1x1 @ 230 (90%)
230 was a smoke show, but my left elbow was really sore, probley left over from the comp

Rack lock outs -
Skipped, would have been 315 plus and the elbow told me to think better of it...

Incline dumbells -
5 sets of 10 with 50's
watching the elbow

BOR's -
5 sets of 10 at 135
damn that is a lot of rowin'

Tri pushdowns -
v-bar with 140is 4 sets of 12...usally do the stack, but watching the elbow....

out

-B

Hollow
02-11-08, 11:36 am
Sounds like it was a blast and congratulations on your overall placing Brandona! Glad to hear you are already gunning for a top finish next year. Your workouts continue to look great!

B.C.
02-11-08, 9:26 pm
FUCK YEAH B! Way to get out there and test yourself like that bro! I know I couldn't just up and do a show right now...way to let it all hang out and just do it man. Your bench has gotten a lot stronger than when I first started following your journey...keep that shit up B!

Young&Hungry
02-11-08, 9:28 pm
Great work B, nice job at that grip show! That's gonna help your deadlift and bench big time, you are a BIG step ahead of the competition on the platform already brother...

Sir J-Werk
02-12-08, 5:32 pm
You know B, It's pretty damn impressive the progress you have made in a years time that we have been posting here.... And the best part is that your positive and "never say die" attitude is just as strong, if not stronger. Keep doin' your thing!

brandonA
02-13-08, 9:58 am
Sounds like it was a blast and congratulations on your overall placing Brandona! Glad to hear you are already gunning for a top finish next year. Your workouts continue to look great!

Thanks Hollow, I am chasing a 15 year old kid, but I can catch him, I am way stronger than him, but his technique is flawless, and he has all that wonderfull test going for him..LOL...

FUCK YEAH B! Way to get out there and test yourself like that bro! I know I couldn't just up and do a show right now...way to let it all hang out and just do it man. Your bench has gotten a lot stronger than when I first started following your journey...keep that shit up B!

Thanks BC...I really did not do to much training for that one, just a few group sessions at Aaron's house...I am planing to add more in to my regular training so I will do better next time.

Great work B, nice job at that grip show! That's gonna help your deadlift and bench big time, you are a BIG step ahead of the competition on the platform already brother...

Grip is important to me, should be for everyone in my oponion, I will never miss a lift cause I dripped the bar..and bending nails with your bear hands is pretty fucking cool...

You know B, It's pretty damn impressive the progress you have made in a years time that we have been posting here.... And the best part is that your positive and "never say die" attitude is just as strong, if not stronger. Keep doin' your thing!

Thanks J, you know how we do it bro, all out

-B

brandonA
02-13-08, 10:04 am
Deads off floor (was suposed to be off block, but did not feel like dealing with the 100's today)
135 x 10 x 2
225 x 3 (fucking lead plates...)
275 x 3
315 x 3 (damn bar was attached to the floor)

I think my CNS is throwing up the white flag, and after 6 weeks of heavy pounding, at or above 100%, it is time for a break...So I will finish out the this week and take a de-load..got some cool shit in mind....

GHR - 4x10

DB step ups -
3x10 with bodyweight

Back raises - skipped (on accident)

band situps -
3x10 with monster mini...

Fucking tired as hell, no motovation today..wanted to hit 365 and then try for 405, hahaha....not today, 315 was heavy as hell and 335 broke the floor and that was about it....

On a side note, I need to take the camara and start filming my lifts to see what I am doing. I turn away from the mirrors to get away from the distraction, so I have no idea what is going on....

-B

Maccabee
02-13-08, 10:12 am
Deads off floor (was suposed to be off block, but did not feel like dealing with the 100's today)
135 x 10 x 2
225 x 3 (fucking lead plates...)
275 x 3
315 x 3 (damn bar was attached to the floor)

I think my CNS is throwing up the white flag, and after 6 weeks of heavy pounding, at or above 100%, it is time for a break...So I will finish out the this week and take a de-load..got some cool shit in mind....

GHR - 4x10

DB step ups -
3x10 with bodyweight

Back raises - skipped (on accident)

band situps -
3x10 with monster mini...

Fucking tired as hell, no motovation today..wanted to hit 365 and then try for 405, hahaha....not today, 315 was heavy as hell and 335 broke the floor and that was about it....

On a side note, I need to take the camara and start filming my lifts to see what I am doing. I turn away from the mirrors to get away from the distraction, so I have no idea what is going on....

-B

How often do you deadlift bro?

brandonA
02-13-08, 10:15 am
How often do you deadlift bro?

Depends on the templete, this wave it is twice a week, ME and Speed with like 55% ( a joke really..hahah)...Just seems stuck, but I am wasted today, no engery at all...I think the deload is well deserved...

The templete alternates ME with squats and deads every three weeks...next wave (week 7) will be high box squats, so then I will only pull once a week on DE days....

-B

Maccabee
02-13-08, 10:17 am
After 6 weeks of that you do need a break...I bet after the deload you will probably beat your deadlift record.

brandonA
02-13-08, 10:21 am
After 6 weeks of that you do need a break...I bet after the deload you will probably beat your deadlift record.

Yea I think so..I had 340 on saturday at the meet, but my grip gave out, plenty of back, flew off the floor, so I know the strenght is there...body is just a bit wore out..hahah....But I am digging this templete, kicks my ass every day...

-B

ghost
02-13-08, 10:28 am
great job at the meet B!!!!!

brandonA
02-13-08, 10:32 am
great job at the meet B!!!!!

Thanks Rob, glad my bending clicked, nothing like feeling steel bend to your will...got a goddie box coming, will get some vids up when it shows up, show you guys what I am talking about..LOL...I can rip a phone book at will now, time to step up to licence plates...hahahaha...

-B

Lowdown5
02-13-08, 10:38 am
Damn B, remind me to never shake hands with you. I want to keep my paws in one piece.

ghost
02-13-08, 10:40 am
Damn B, remind me to never shake hands with you. I want to keep my paws in one piece.

ditto!!!!

brandonA
02-13-08, 10:47 am

ditto!!!!

No worries guys, that is reserved for those you dont get the point, and my daughter's future boyfriends...they wont be able to get fresh....hahaha....

-B

Lowdown5
02-13-08, 10:57 am
No worries guys, that is reserved for those you dont get the point, and my daughter's future boyfriends...they wont be able to get fresh....hahaha....

-B

Good plan, maybe pick up a shotgun too! LOL

brandonA
02-13-08, 11:00 am
Good plan, maybe pick up a shotgun too! LOL..Momma gots the shotty..hahahah....

-B

B.C.
02-13-08, 11:01 am
You've been going strong B, real strong. Enjoy that deload; but between those workouts, envision yourself moving mountains. Daydream about blowing your current PR's out of the water! Next time, 355 will fly off the floor.

Sir J-Werk
02-13-08, 4:37 pm
Mirrors have a purpose just like every piece of equipment in the gym B. Hell yes you are checking yourself out.... checking yourself out to make sure your form is on and tight. Look at it this way Bro, all the distractions you see in the mirror are BEHIND you.... YOU are front and center, YOU are the focus....

Now, I'm not saying don't take a camcorder to the gym either....

B.C.
02-13-08, 5:01 pm
Golfers use camcorders all the time to fine tune their swing. It is perfect because you can slow it down or even stop it at any point in the lift and check for form breakdowns. This is sweet for a PL'r so they can find any point in the lift where they lose leverage. Mirrors are good, but it doesn't always give you the best angle. Take a deadlift for example: a front view doesn't really show much, a side view would be best...and turning your head to the side to watch yourself pull is a disaster waiting to happen. A good coach could probably improve your lifts 10% or better, just by looking at a tape and fixing little imperfections in form. I think it's a great idea B.

Sir J-Werk
02-13-08, 5:04 pm
Golfers use camcorders all the time to fine tune their swing. It is perfect because you can slow it down or even stop it at any point in the lift and check for form breakdowns. This is sweet for a PL'r so they can find any point in the lift where they lose leverage. Mirrors are good, but it doesn't always give you the best angle. Take a deadlift for example: a front view doesn't really show much, a side view would be best...and turning your head to the side to watch yourself pull is a disaster waiting to happen. A good coach could probably improve your lifts 10% or better, just by looking at a tape and fixing little imperfections in form. I think it's a great idea B.

Very true.... I gotta remember that B is doin' more of the Powerlifting this these days.... Right on B.C..

Maccabee
02-13-08, 5:46 pm
Hey B, I read on your journey you were at a meet? how did it go?

brandonA
02-14-08, 12:38 pm
Hey B, I read on your journey you were at a meet? how did it go?

It was awesome bro, here is the break down...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=289258&postcount=109

I took 4th over all....

-B

Lowdown5
02-14-08, 12:40 pm
It was awesome bro, here is the break down...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=289258&postcount=109

I took 4th over all....

-B

Cause you are an Animal!!!

brandonA
02-14-08, 12:46 pm
The top 5 placers at the grip comp for 1st pick of a great assortment of prizes...Some of the sponcers were Ironmind, APT, fat bastard barbell, and a few more.....

so I took a gift cert for Ironmind, good for one COC gripper, or egg, or IMTUG...so I placed my order for a #2 (which I closed, but what to rep it out) and a #2.5 and some other stuff...but the order went thru with out being able to add the gift cert and on of the grippers for free...

so I sent them an email and explained what was going on and actually got a responce, Susan took my order for another gripper (i fugured it was easier to just pay for the two I order, cause the order already went thru) and sent it out asap for me...great customer service....

So I have coming a #2, #2.5 and #3....

I also scored a set of Black Mamba Knee wraps from APT as well......Alan sent a ton of stuff...such a great guy.....

Just wanted to tell you guys about the great customer service from these two companies...

-B

brandonA
02-15-08, 10:43 am
Floor Press - up to new 3RM, not going to happen today, but I think it all worked out in the end...

w/u - bar x braizillon, 135 x 10
Working set -
205 x 3 (fucking heavy as hell, here is when I realized that 260 was not going to happen today, deiced to just superset the presses at 205 with the pullups, 7 total sets)
205 x 3
205 x 3 (went to chalk my hand and noticed the buckets of chains....enter light bulb)
135 w 1 chain per side x 10
135 w 2 chains x 10
135 w 3 chains x 6 (love long arms, with out gettin of the floor i stripped 2 chains from each side)
135 w 1 chain to fail (8 reps)

tri's are fucking on fire at this point...love this shit..something primal about hearing chains rattle during a work out...

pull ups (weight assisted)
210# removed for 7 sets of 6-8 reps each...

DB front raises
20-25 for 3 sets of 10 (ran out of time and did not do the req'd 5 sets)

Elbow out tri extensions -
40 x 10
30 x 10
30 x 10

tris and sholders are fried.....fucking raining and my knees and hips are killing me....kness hate the rain, the hips are new...left over from pulling I would guess....cant wait to deload next week...

-B

Lowdown5
02-15-08, 10:45 am
Kicked some ass today B, throwing in the chains for good measure. Enjoy that deload, you earned it.

brandonA
02-15-08, 10:50 am
Kicked some ass today B, throwing in the chains for good measure. Enjoy that deload, you earned it.

Thanks bro...chains are amazing tools, because I was laying on the floor, they would almost totally deload at the bottom, and because my arms are long, they were totally off the floor at lock out....so my tris took a beating....it was great....

for the deload I am thinking about hitting some chaos benching, free squats (maybe with chains, we shall see) reverse band benching, speed pulls (chains here too maybe)...lots of volume and decent weights....have some fun....

-B

Lowdown5
02-15-08, 10:52 am
Thanks bro...chains are amazing tools, because I was laying on the floor, they would almost totally deload at the bottom, and because my arms are long, they were totally off the floor at lock out....so my tris took a beating....it was great....

for the deload I am thinking about hitting some chaos benching, free squats (maybe with chains, we shall see) reverse band benching, speed pulls (chains here too maybe)...lots of volume and decent weights....have some fun....

-B

Key words, "Have some fun"

IRBS
02-15-08, 10:57 am
Awesome session B!

brandonA
02-15-08, 10:59 am
Key words, "Have some fun"

in the words of Ronnie Coleman...

!!!!YEA BUDDDY!!!!!!

-B

brandonA
02-15-08, 11:00 am
Awesome session B!

Thank you sir...bout all I have left in the tank...

-B

brandonA
02-20-08, 10:57 am
Fuck me, I was just sick about a month ago....and here we go again..started Saturday with a funny sounding voice and the urge to clear my throut all day...We were shopping ALL day, picked up a new computer, new desk, a ton of baby food....all good shit.....Sunday was spent coughing and putting the new desk together, cleaning the living room all that jive...My mom took Monday off to watch the baby, so we drove out to her house sunday afternoon and dropped Kaydee off...

Monday I woke up and I was just total shit, could not breath, could not talk, took a shower and was so dizzy I almost felt out of the tub...call in to work, back to bed till 11am...that is unheard of for me, sleeping in late is 8am most of the time....spent the rest of the day working on the living room, playing with the new computer and taking it as easy as I could....

Yesterday was not much better. I spent most of it on the couch, dreaming of training....playing the baby, hoping that I was not getting her sick....today I am at work, trying to focus on my work and kick this shit....de-load came at a good time...I hope to get to the gym somtime this week....I hate this shit....

-B

IRBS
02-20-08, 11:35 am
I hear ya B! Just rest up and get better so you can get back to the grind!!

brandonA
02-25-08, 12:26 pm
I hear ya B! Just rest up and get better so you can get back to the grind!!

Thanks man...ended up taking the whole week off of everything, no gym, no supps, nothing...sucked but I am doing much better this week....De-Load turned in to a No-load week....

------

Here is what went down this morning....

DE Bench -
8 sets of 3 @ 60% (155) concentrated on speed off of the chest and explosion, not too worried about how fast I can do 3 reps

5 Board Press - (damn, that's a lot of boards)
315 x 3 (super easy)
335 x 3 - too much, but John spotted me and I got all 3 reps with a touch of help....
slipped last set cause John was talking to me about technique...

DB rear Laterials -
12 x 30
12 x 30
12 x 20

That's it, weight was super light, the 1st rep of 335 I brought down too close and got stapled, got it back up and John pushed the bar out to where it needed to be and rocked out 3 more reps...have to get used to having 300 plus in my hands...feels good...

-B

IRBS
02-25-08, 12:31 pm
Nice work B...and yeah, get used to 300+...

brandonA
02-25-08, 12:40 pm
Nice work B...and yeah, get used to 300+...

Getting excited to get in to a shirt..should build a bigger base, but I feel that getting in to a shirt and learning proper form from the big dogs will get me farther at this point...This templete I am working on is pretty awesome. Wendler wrote a masterpeice..Walked in the gym this morning and John commmented on how solid I am getting...nice to hear that...belly fat is still an issue, but the upper body is getting much harder and bigger....yea buddy....

-B

IRBS
02-25-08, 12:42 pm
Getting excited to get in to a shirt..should build a bigger base, but I feel that getting in to a shirt and learning proper form from the big dogs will get me farther at this point...This templete I am working on is pretty awesome. Wendler wrote a masterpeice..Walked in the gym this morning and John commmented on how solid I am getting...nice to hear that...belly fat is still an issue, but the upper body is getting much harder and bigger....yea buddy....

-B

Nice. I would continue the raw training and build your base for a bit longer. I dont know that getting into a shirt at this point would benefit you in the long run. Just my opinion. Your strength is on the up and up, just stick with it and you'll be slinging the big weight soon!

brandonA
02-25-08, 12:48 pm
Nice. I would continue the raw training and build your base for a bit longer. I dont know that getting into a shirt at this point would benefit you in the long run. Just my opinion. Your strength is on the up and up, just stick with it and you'll be slinging the big weight soon!

I am going to finish up this cycle, do the meet and then order the shirt...Weather I use it right away or not is still up in the air...I am thinking that I want to do another cycle of this templete and maybe do some shirt work on the side to learn it and get my form dialed in...

-B

IRBS
02-25-08, 12:55 pm
I am going to finish up this cycle, do the meet and then order the shirt...Weather I use it right away or not is still up in the air...I am thinking that I want to do another cycle of this templete and maybe do some shirt work on the side to learn it and get my form dialed in...

-B

Sounds good. What I have been doing is one week in and one week out of the shirt. That thing can be a beast! LOL

You have good people around to help you out and make sure you are on the right track with the shirt, so I think you would be in good hands...

Hollow
02-25-08, 8:05 pm
Glad to hear you are feeling better brandona. Workouts continue to look impressive!

brandonA
02-28-08, 12:26 pm
Glad to hear you are feeling better brandona. Workouts continue to look impressive!

Thanks, still not 100% but getting there..

-B

brandonA
02-28-08, 12:32 pm
High Box Squats (about 2" above) - up to 3RM
135 x 10
205 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
295 x 3
305 x 3 (added belt)
315 x 3
335 x 3 (was no where near a max, pretty easy as it should be, but I have no idea where I stand with high box...should be able to hit 400+ next week)

Goodmornings - no belt
bar x 1000000000000000000000000000000000 (been a while)
135 x 10
185 x 10

Decline abs with mini bands -
bw x 10
dlb mini x 10
dbl mini x 10

out

this wave starts slow with not much volume or movements, but then picks up as we go....

-B

IRBS
02-28-08, 6:41 pm
Nice work B!!

brandonA
03-04-08, 11:54 am
Nice work B!!

Thanks Will.....Looks like I need to update some shit in here...

-B

brandonA
03-04-08, 12:00 pm
I left my log book in the truck and will get this updated soon...for last week...

This week is starting off pretty shitty....I have been having issues with my sleep. I am really worn out by the end of the day, fall asleep with out any issues and sleep like a rock........FOR A FEW FUCKING HOURS, then I am wide awake. toss and turn for a bit and catch some shut eye here and there...when the alarm goes off, I am sooooo fucked up that all I want to do is sleep, more, so I try....all i get is grogy and feeling really fucked up....

missed my workout yesterday, and the make up session today....sucks man....as I sit here typing, all I can think about is going to sleep.....

I go to be at a good time, should give me plenty of sleep......not sure what the fucking issues are..I have stopped all my supps, the green tea, pak, eveything...for a few days to see if that will make a difference.....I will also start hitting the cardio and see if that helps....might me a weight issue, or a diet issue.....just know it fucking sucks balls.....

-B

brandonA
03-05-08, 5:52 pm
New picks of my little Princess, Kaydee are up on my myspace page...Dont miss em, best picks she has taken todate...Cant belive she is going to be 6 months old on the 15th already....

-B

brandonA
03-06-08, 3:30 pm
Week 7/ day 3 - ME Upper
Sholder was feeling funky, it did not hurt during any of these movements, but did not push it..

Close grip bench - up to 3RM
135 x 10 x 2
185 x 3
205 x 3
215 x 3
225 x 3

225 was really easy, it has been a long time for me on the close grip, but if I remember, 185 was the most I had done.....Got me wonering how much I can bench now???? Anwser will come soon enough...

Pullups - Weight assisted
195 removed for 5 sets of 6 reps
then added 4 plates and repped to fail...

did some straight bar pushdowns to finish off tris, then did some striaght bar curls for the girls..

Week 7/Day 4 - DE Lower
Box squats -
10 sets of 2 at 55% (185)...I suck off a box...needs tons of work

Deads -
supposed to do 10 singles @ 55%, but I feel that I need to spend more time with more weight on my deads so here is what I did...

185 for 4 singels
205 for 4 singels
225 for 2 singels - all very fast and form was dead on....

Hanging legs raises with bent knees
2x10

Side bends
75 x 10 x 2

Week 8/Day 2 - (missed day one, but will do a hi-bred bench day on day 3)
High box squats - Up to new 3RM
135 x 10 x 2
225 x 5
275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 3 (belt on)
335 x 3
365 x 1 Took second rep to half way and ran out of push....fuck....I need a partner.

Good mornings -
135 x 10
155 x 10
175 x 10
10 reps is a ton on GM's...

Lunges - supposed to do barbell, but did not want to kill myself today..
2 sets of 10 (each leg)
1st set with 20 lbs of chain around neck
2nd set with 40lbs of chain around neck

Decline situps with Avarge band
4x10

out......

-B

B.C.
03-06-08, 6:22 pm
Workouts are looking great B. Keep puting in all that hard work! The numbers are going up like crazy now. It must feel good.

brandonA
03-06-08, 7:55 pm
Workouts are looking great B. Keep puting in all that hard work! The numbers are going up like crazy now. It must feel good.

Thanks BC....Feels good, but I want more.....

-B

Hollow
03-06-08, 8:11 pm
New picks of my little Princess, Kaydee are up on my myspace page...Dont miss em, best picks she has taken todate...Cant belive she is going to be 6 months old on the 15th already....

-B

Wow...time flies! Hope everyone in your family is doing well!

Your workouts continue to impress me brandona! Hope you are getting a better night's sleep.

Lowdown5
03-06-08, 8:22 pm
Gonna go look at her pics right now!

B.C.
03-06-08, 9:23 pm
Thanks BC....Feels good, but I want more.....

-B

As well you should. Go work hard and get more!

brandonA
03-08-08, 11:31 am
Thanks fellas, sleep is coming a bit easier.....

-B

Lowdown5
03-08-08, 11:33 am
Checked out the pics of Kaydee, what a little princess Bro! She is absolutely adorable.

brandonA
03-08-08, 11:44 am
Week 8/ Day 3 - ME Upper Hybrid

5 board press (from DE day)
Warmup -
135 x 10 x 2
185 x 5
225 x 5 PR!!!! maybe had 10 in me

Working set -
315 x 3
325 x 3 grinder, but got em all clean

Close grip bench -
225 x 3
235 x 3 easy
255 x 2 - this was my opener at the last meet....ran out of gas on the 3rd one....

pullups - weight asisted -
6 sets of 6-8

Tri exts with straight bar -
140 x 20
180 x 10
180 x 10
100 x fail

Seated DB power cleans -
20 x 15 x 2
15 x 15
10 x 15

out......

-B

krazyassmexican
03-08-08, 11:45 am
great workout brandon, you are rockin my boy
and i am glad you are enjoyin your lil princess

B.C.
03-08-08, 12:09 pm
Are you serious B? 325 x 3?! That's fuckin' awesome! You are making CRAZY gains man!

IRBS
03-08-08, 12:27 pm
Week 8/ Day 3 - ME Upper Hybrid

5 board press (from DE day)
Warmup -
135 x 10 x 2
185 x 5
225 x 5 PR!!!! maybe had 10 in me

Working set -
315 x 3
325 x 3 grinder, but got em all clean

Close grip bench -
225 x 3
235 x 3 easy
255 x 2 - this was my opener at the last meet....ran out of gas on the 3rd one....

pullups - weight asisted -
6 sets of 6-8

Tri exts with straight bar -
140 x 20
180 x 10
180 x 10
100 x fail

Seated DB power cleans -
20 x 15 x 2
15 x 15
10 x 15

out......

-B

Nice work B!

brandonA
03-11-08, 11:24 am
Thanks Guys....

I am still haveing trouble with my sleep and missed my monday morning bench session...Sucks balls and if I dont get this under control soon, it will be off to the doc and maybe the crazy house..LOL.....So I worked on my nail bending last night to get in some kind of work out...

Here is a vid of me bending a 1/4" dia. x 6" long peice of stainless steel....Stainless is harder than steel cause it wants to spring back, so you have to really crush it to get it past the spring point....This was pretty easy bend which was supriseing to me...Also was able to get it deep under my chin, which has been an issue, cause the arms are getting big...

The idea is to press your hands together, applying enough force to the end of the bar to make it bend, you do not twist with your wrists, that would be bad....anyway, here is the vid...Stacy and Kaydee filmed it, so it is a bit shaky and also ignore the fat gut....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNBlunG3MBc

-B

ghost
03-11-08, 11:32 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNBlunG3MBc

-B

NICE

brandonA
03-12-08, 9:28 pm
NICE

Thanks Rob...

Here is what I am up to tonight...

Some quick gripper work when I got home...Quick cause Baby Kaydee demanded my attention near the end (read: screamed at me)

Warmed up with the cheap Veleo plastic handle gripper...bout 50-60 reps each hand, sets of 10

warmed up with the #2 by just doing some TBS squeezes, not much pressure, still warming up the hands...5-10 reps with each hand...

Get out the chalk, time to go to work....

5 reps each hand, #2 , parrelle set, closed with right hand 3 out of 5 times, left hand was pretty close +/- 1/16"

5 reps each hand, #2 parelle set overcrush, as close as I can get it, hold for as long as possible....closed with right hand a few times...

3 reps each hand, #2.5 parrelle set, took to about 1/16" right hand and less than 3/16" left hand

2 reps each hand #3 parrelle set, about 1/2" out each hand...

Chest crushes -
5 reps with 2.5, 5 reps with 3 - explode in to gripper, close and hold....

Done....still need more reps to find sweet spot in my hand for the grippers, also need to add in finger piches with the binding clips and then need to get some bigger spring clamps

-B

Malloy1344
03-12-08, 9:50 pm
Everything is lookin solid B. Awesome job with the boards as well!

Maccabee
03-12-08, 10:31 pm
Congrats on the board press PR. Keep kicken ass bro. And sleep well bro. I here you on the sleeping issues...I usually get like 2-3 hours of normal sleep in one night...other then that I just keep moving back and forth.

brandonA
03-14-08, 11:08 am
Thanks Guys......

Well another presious week of training down the tubes, last week was hit and miss, this week was all miss...Last night I woke up after 2 great hrs of sleep and did not fall back asleep till around 330am.....Stacy told me that if I am unwilling to go to the doc, then quit bitching to her about it...good point....

I tryly think it is my diet, ate some fried food last night, crap the night before...Monday it is back to clean living and working in come cardio and yoga to see if that will help....

Today I am a space cadet, just going though the motions, trying to stay awake....

fuck me...

-B

IRBS
03-14-08, 11:11 am
Thanks Guys......

Well another presious week of training down the tubes, last week was hit and miss, this week was all miss...Last night I woke up after 2 great hrs of sleep and did not fall back asleep till around 330am.....Stacy told me that if I am unwilling to go to the doc, then quit bitching to her about it...good point....

I tryly think it is my diet, ate some fried food last night, crap the night before...Monday it is back to clean living and working in come cardio and yoga to see if that will help....

Today I am a space cadet, just going though the motions, trying to stay awake....

fuck me...

-B

You cant win them all B, clean up the diet, throw some cardio in the mix and get some rest this weekend. I am willing to bet that once you do that and get back to training you'll feel much better.

Take no prisoners,
IRBS

brandonA
03-14-08, 11:19 am
You cant win them all B, clean up the diet, throw some cardio in the mix and get some rest this weekend. I am willing to bet that once you do that and get back to training you'll feel much better.

Take no prisoners,
IRBS

Yea, I think that is all it really is...mental stress is at an all time low, all the typical shit that usally keeps me up at night is in check......

Fly the flag bro....

-B

brandonA
03-19-08, 11:47 am
Sleep is still all fucked up, but time waits for no man....

Week 10/ Day 1 -

DE Bench -
8 set of 3 at 60% (155#)
focus on set up and speed off the chest....

4 board -
305 x 3 easy
315 x 2
the last rep I got a killer cramp in my left hammy, the resulting jerk of the leg sent the bar over my face. I kept pushing, my spotter nudged the bar back in to place and up it went, but I dont count that as a rep..

Stopped there due to the hammy cramping with no end in sight...

Dumbell Bench -
75 x 10
80 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

the 80x10 was a PR for both weight and reps..got me wondering how many times I can press the 100's...or the 130's - but that wet took a lot out of me and the last set with 60 was a grinder

DB BOR's - single arm
85 x 10
75 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10

slow and steady...

Wide V-bar pull downs -
110 x 12 x 4...

out....

was a good work out...the gym i used to work out at closed, so now all those assholes are at my gym now, sucks balls, but once the curl monkeys go home, then it is all bidness....

-B

brandonA
03-19-08, 11:56 am
On a side note, I will not be doing a meet next month. Money and time have run out on me. I feel that a meet is the reward for a killing yourself during your training cycle. I have missed too many sessions durning this cycle and feel that I have short changed myself. I demand 100% of myself at all times and I did not achive that. So as punishment, I must redo this cycle, giving 100% each and every session then I will be allowed to do a meet... I will test in the gym in a few weeks to see wherer I stand...

-B

B.C.
03-19-08, 12:27 pm
Well, keep it up B. Using a meet as motivation is a great idea. Don't think of it as punishment though, that's implying that you didn't kill it at all, and you did. Think of it as the carrot on the fishing line you hold in front of yourself...to keep yourself moving forward.

OK so maybe it's a 16oz Porterhouse on a fishing line. I know I wouldn't chase a damn carrot.

IRBS
03-19-08, 12:31 pm
On a side note, I will not be doing a meet next month. Money and time have run out on me. I feel that a meet is the reward for a killing yourself during your training cycle. I have missed too many sessions durning this cycle and feel that I have short changed myself. I demand 100% of myself at all times and I did not achive that. So as punishment, I must redo this cycle, giving 100% each and every session then I will be allowed to do a meet... I will test in the gym in a few weeks to see wherer I stand...

-B

I feel ya on the money issue bro...trust me! But look at the up-side, You'll just be that much stronger for your next meet!

Nice pressin too bro, you're closing in on PR territory with the board work arent you??

brandonA
03-19-08, 1:04 pm
Well, keep it up B. Using a meet as motivation is a great idea. Don't think of it as punishment though, that's implying that you didn't kill it at all, and you did. Think of it as the carrot on the fishing line you hold in front of yourself...to keep yourself moving forward.

OK so maybe it's a 16oz Porterhouse on a fishing line. I know I wouldn't chase a damn carrot.

Thanks B.C. - I will get it going, a little re-didication is needed on my part, once I get some issues straigthned out, all will be well....thanks for the support...
-B

I feel ya on the money issue bro...trust me! But look at the up-side, You'll just be that much stronger for your next meet!

Nice pressin too bro, you're closing in on PR territory with the board work arent you??

Strong is the name of the game...The 305 for 3 on the 4 board and the 315 for anything on the 4 is a PR. I can lock out 315 without too much of a struggle..I hit some 3 board soon, I feel pretty confident that I can take 315 off the chest, which would be huge...that would be what, a 60# raw PR...I can live with that....

-B

Angst
03-20-08, 6:41 pm
Keep push yourself and move the big weights bro, how's the family doing?

brandonA
03-20-08, 6:56 pm
Keep push yourself and move the big weights bro, how's the family doing?

The family is good bro, thanks for asking...At the baby's 6 month check up she weighed in at 16lbs and is 26.25 inches tall....getting big...

-B

Lowdown5
03-20-08, 6:58 pm
Smart decision on the meet. Good to hear that the family is good. Kaydee is getting big!

brandonA
03-25-08, 11:56 am
Mostly.....

I have been down with yet another cold...this one settled in my lungs and I have been trying hard not to cough up all my internal organs. I have been pounding a ton of meds, taking 4-6 pack of EmgeranC a day...I want to see how much Vit C i can take before my brain melts...

On top of everything elas, a project that I am working on, went from no big hurry to can I have that some time this week....so there will be some late nights for me this week....

Training has come to a stop, due to the fact that I can not breath. The sleep issues are ok for now, seems all I want to do is sleep....

I will get back on the horse soon....

-B

brandonA
03-26-08, 12:35 pm
Still alive and getting better, slowly....The congestion is still settled in my chest, making the smple task of breathing, pretty tough....I am coughing up all kinds of intersting shit, so that is a start. Walking up the stairs to my desk is taxing, leaving me sucking air for a few moments. Still pounding on that project I have to get done...But with the breathing issues, it is best that I stay out of the gym right now any way, that way I dont kill my self....sucks balls, but such is life...

-B

IRBS
03-26-08, 12:41 pm
Rest up and get well. Ging to the gym will just mean you are training at like 50% and could do you more harm than good...

brandonA
03-26-08, 12:49 pm
Rest up and get well. Ging to the gym will just mean you are training at like 50% and could do you more harm than good...

My thought excatly...I hate to miss the training, but if you cant breath, you cant breath...Thanks Bro...

-B

brandonA
03-28-08, 11:11 am
I feel better today than I have in a few weeks, my head is clear, allgeries are kicking, eyes are a gummy feeling cause they are watering so much, but as for the cold, save for a bit of a cough, I am doing much better...

I got my project done, some side work drafting a house for a friend (I hate drawing houses, but I am good at it, and it is easy money)....So I am free tonight to go the gym....I am thinking some light cardio, and some kettle bell work.....I am getting an itch to see if I can snatch the 100# bell...I can snatch and clean and press the 77# bell, so the 100 should be in the realm of reality...just have to get the balls up to do it....

Should be back on track next week, we shall see....

-B

Hollow
03-28-08, 12:14 pm
Good to hear you are doing better brandona!

brandonA
03-28-08, 12:28 pm
Good to hear you are doing better brandona!

Thanks Hollow, man this time I really got my butt kicked...now it is time to kick back...

-B

brandonA
03-29-08, 11:49 am
Cardio last night, felt good to be in the gym, just walking down the stairs is good medicine...

20 mins on mouse wheel messing with the inclince and speed, nothing too major....The deeper I breath, the more I cough....

Kettelbells -
I think they were a 24 kilo, 36 kilo, shit I dont remember, one was yellow, one was red, one was green....

Started with the green one, some where around 50# (?) did a bunch of swings, both hands, single hands, switching hands...then did a bunch of snatches, pretty much just went till I could not go any more....

rest, oxygen and water

Picked up the red one heavy fucker, somewhere around 70# (?) did some swings a few snatches, did not feel safe in the left arm, stupid left arm..slow learner...and it was pretty heavy tonight.....back to the green to finish out the set

rest, oxygen and water..eyeballing the 100#er....big fucker with a thick ass handle..did some swings, no snatch attempts today....

picked up the yellow around 35-40# (?) ton of swings alternated with snatches..did a shit load of em, really finished my off good...I was a coughing fucker when I was done there....

nice short work out to get the blood flowing again...I really like the KB's and will start using them on my cardio days...

Bodyweight is holding steady at 330, so even though my diet has been total shit while I have been sick, i did not gain any more weight, which is cool....

going to be starting a caveman type diet, cut out all the refinded shit and get back to my roots, kill it, gather it, or dont fucking eat it...

out..

-B

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 12:38 pm
Good session B, glad to see you back hitting it.

I like the idea of the caveman diet, get back to your roots.

B.C.
03-29-08, 2:13 pm
Kill it, gather it, or don't fucking eat it...I like that.

I like kettlebells too, I wish my gym had some...I wish my gym had a lot of things. You ever try renegade rows or Turkish get-ups with them bad boys? That shit gets you fired up in hurry!

Keep hittin' hard as you can Brother.

brandonA
03-29-08, 2:19 pm

I like kettlebells too, I wish my gym had some...I wish my gym had a lot of things. You ever try renegade rows or Turkish get-ups with them bad boys? That shit gets you fired up in hurry!

Seen the get-ups, have not done them yet, but I will...I will check out the regegade rows...We are the only gym in town that has the KB's...I think that are highly underated and we should all be using them..my lower back feels like I did deads last night...hammys are sore, abs are sore....swings are the shit.....

-B

brandonA
03-29-08, 2:26 pm

those look slck, I will have to give them a shot.....thanks youtube....

-B

brandonA
03-31-08, 12:11 pm
Here's the deal. I currently clock in at 333 lbs. This is most I have ever weighed, and at the same time, I am the strongest I have ever been and I am carrying the most lean mucsle mass ever.

But I am still carrying too much body fat. I carry it all around my gut, ass and hips. My clothes are tight, I preform the vacum all day so my gut dont press my shirt out too far (mental thing with me). I am slow and enflexable.

Here is my mission, I have not choice but to accept: lose 33lbs

Time frame dont really matter, I am in no hurry

I wil become srtonger as I lose the fat, impossible you say??? FUCK THAT i say...I belive that I can lose fat and gain strength..As I belive, so it will be...

I will be using a "cave man" type of diet, focusing more on cutting out all the junk and bullshit, not worring about low or no carbs, or "wuold a cave man really eat this?"......

I will use this week for planning and to get started slowly. Stacy and I are house/dog/kid sitting for her parents, so I will be away from my kitchen till next monday...So once I get past all that, it will be all or nothing...

My powerlifting will continue, but I will be adding at least two days of cardio/kettlebell training a week. My mom and I will start up our evening walks, I will do this every day as time and the weather premits.

I plan to hit my next meet as a 308...

My supps will be simple, PAK, Torrnet, Green Tea, NSC, Crysin X and a shit load of aminos...May order a tub of UniLiver to add to the animo loading...

Diet will consist of meat, veggies, clean non process carbs, water and milk/dairy products....
Cavemen may not have had milk, but baby cows drink it and those fuckers are huge...feel me?

Get Strong(er) and Lean(er) at the same time.....Lets do this...

-B

IRBS
03-31-08, 12:58 pm
You can do this B, just clean up that diet and pound the pavement! You've got my support bro!

brandonA
03-31-08, 1:28 pm
You can do this B, just clean up that diet and pound the pavement! You've got my support bro!

Thanks Bro...now I just have to figure out what I can afford to eat...LOL...

-B

IRBS
03-31-08, 1:33 pm
Thanks Bro...now I just have to figure out what I can afford to eat...LOL...

-B

LOL, I hear ya!

brandonA
04-02-08, 10:48 am
So, I did not make it to the gym again this morning, but there was a great reason...I was sleeping..not just any sleep, the coma like sleep that I have not enjoyed in a LONG time. I woke up with more engery this morning than I have in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! fucking time....Other than the algerieys and a bit of a cough still, I feel better than I have in a few weeks. carrying my lunch box no longer tires out my sholder and the stairs dont send my in to hyperventalion anymore...I am almost all the way back...Gym tomorrow, time to tear some shit up.....

-B

IRBS
04-02-08, 10:55 am
Good to hear B, get after it tommorrow!

brandonA
04-03-08, 10:59 am
So Momma Stacy came home from work sick, so after making sure she was OK (read: asking premission) I went to the gym...nothing major, just getting the blood flowing again....

Flat bench - dont really remember
bar x ton
105 x 20?
135 x 15
185 x 8?
205 x 5 I remember that, sucked balls, should be easy 10, recovery is not quite back yet
135 x 15

Incline DB -
60x10x3

Lat pull downs -
120 x 10 x 3

Rolling extensions on floor -
45 x 10 x 3

Hammer shrug machine - (per side)
2pl x 10
3pl x 10
4px x 10
2pl x fail

Gym was packed, cause one gym in town closed, all the soccor mom's have found there way over to my gym, word on the street is that John is going to expand and build a powelifting only room, that way no one will get hurt...Saw a woman almost knock her teeth out on the weight assisted pull up machine last night....shit could get ulgy....

-B

brandonA
04-05-08, 3:25 pm
Squats...

RAW with chains..
bar x ton
bar with 20lbs (per side) x 10 x 2
bar with 40lbs x 10
bar with 60lbs x 10
all with 60lbs chain...
135 x 5 x 3
185 x 3 x 3 (305 at top)

weight was light, I love working with chains, love to hear that sound, and the load at the top is killer. Speed was really good, depth was impressive for me. I found that by sitting back, breaking at the hips 1st, I have ZERO knee pain, so that is the indicator that I am doing something wrong...

GHR - few sets

Abs - few sets

Grip work ...2HP with 35's as hub, worked up to 90x3
then did some wrist curls and some levering with the loading pin...

My ass is sore today...

-B

Big Wides
04-05-08, 3:33 pm
weight was light, I love working with chains, love to hear that sound, and the load at the top is killer.

one of the best sounds out there is the clinks and clancks of training with chains. find these to not only be easier to set up than bands but more benefical as well

brandonA
04-05-08, 4:21 pm
one of the best sounds out there is the clinks and clancks of training with chains. find these to not only be easier to set up than bands but more benefical as well

Something sick and twisted about that sound. Primal even....I like the bands as well, but the chains speak to me. Plus it is real weight that you are moving, works on the mental level for me as well...not just stretching out a rubber band...

-B

B.C.
04-05-08, 11:20 pm
Workouts are looking great B. I need to get me some chains man, that shit just sounds like fun.

mark
04-06-08, 12:37 am
Awesome work B! Good luck with the recovery, i know it can be an aggravating road to travel.

brandonA
04-10-08, 4:31 pm
Workouts are looking great B. I need to get me some chains man, that shit just sounds like fun.

Awesome work B! Good luck with the recovery, i know it can be an aggravating road to travel.

Thanks fellas...getting back at it....

-B

brandonA
04-10-08, 4:34 pm
Nail bending last night.....

various 3/16" dia rod
2-3 60d nails, snapped one (you have to bend it back and forth till it brakes, took about 10 mins)

3/16" square

1/4" dia x 5" long grade 5 bolt....a bit tough but crushed it...
1/4" dia x 6" long grade 8 bolt....tough, but got it...

tried a 12" spike but ran out of gas....

nail bending is one hell of an upper body work out...my wirsts are sore, forearms, chest, sholders, back....good shit...

-B

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 4:54 pm
Nail bending last night.....

various 3/16" dia rod
2-3 60d nails, snapped one (you have to bend it back and forth till it brakes, took about 10 mins)

3/16" square

1/4" dia x 5" long grade 5 bolt....a bit tough but crushed it...
1/4" dia x 6" long grade 8 bolt....tough, but got it...

tried a 12" spike but ran out of gas....

nail bending is one hell of an upper body work out...my wirsts are sore, forearms, chest, sholders, back....good shit...

-B

Nice!!

brandonA
04-10-08, 5:09 pm
Nice!!

Thanks John...looking to get to the IronMind red nail/FBBC Bastard...same thing...5/16" dia x 7" cold rolled steel bar....I should be pretty close after the Grade 8 from last night...the 7" is a killer because I am not that flexable in my sholders...fun stuff....

-B

IRBS
04-10-08, 5:12 pm
Squats...

RAW with chains..
bar x ton
bar with 20lbs (per side) x 10 x 2
bar with 40lbs x 10
bar with 60lbs x 10
all with 60lbs chain...
135 x 5 x 3
185 x 3 x 3 (305 at top)

weight was light, I love working with chains, love to hear that sound, and the load at the top is killer. Speed was really good, depth was impressive for me. I found that by sitting back, breaking at the hips 1st, I have ZERO knee pain, so that is the indicator that I am doing something wrong...

GHR - few sets

Abs - few sets

Grip work ...2HP with 35's as hub, worked up to 90x3
then did some wrist curls and some levering with the loading pin...

My ass is sore today...

-B

Nice work B, ready to see the big weights fly for you!

Hollow
04-11-08, 7:05 am
Workouts are looking good brandona! Good to hear you are feeling much better now!

brandonA
04-11-08, 11:50 am
Workouts are looking good brandona! Good to hear you are feeling much better now!

Thanks Hollow...man my sholders are sore as hell......breaking a nail is one hell of a delt excersise....feels like I did a million side raises....

-B

brandonA
04-14-08, 11:53 am
The Mutherfuck'n Plan

Here it is.....

Monday - DE Upper
Tuesday - sled/cardio
Wensday - ME Lower
Thursday - Sled/cardio
Friday - ME Upper
Saturday - Sled/cardio
Sunday - DE Lower

Sled weight will depend on how beat up I am...I will be using a forward day, backward day and light/pull thru day on the sled....

Also will be getting my fat ass in gear with the yoga and streching..This is a huge weakness with me and I am paying for it...

My diet will also be in check, based on a diet that Rob Lyando posted on BAG, around 3500 cals, 350g of protien...but clean and tons of milk....

Starts tonight, DE uppper...I am re-doing the last few weeks of the last cycle and then a Max out to see where I am at, then back to work...I think I will do the same cycle again, although I may get my shirt in there, if that happens, the ME upper will go to sunday, that is when the big dogs bench in the gym....

15 weeks out, now the fun starts...

-B

IRBS
04-14-08, 11:56 am
Solid plan B. I saw that diet on BAG, I have it saved for a rainy day! Interested to see how you do on that diet.

Lowdown5
04-14-08, 11:58 am
Good shit B, now like the Nike ad says "JUST DO IT!"

brandonA
04-14-08, 12:02 pm
Solid plan B. I saw that diet on BAG, I have it saved for a rainy day! Interested to see how you do on that diet.

It was just about the same as I had come up with, simple yet efficive...I probley will cut the carbs down a bit, seems that I am pretty senetive to them....The goal is to hit the meet at 308, so I have 30ish pounds to loose, while getting strong(er)....

Good shit B, now like the Nike ad says "JUST DO IT!"

You know it bro, hopefully Stacy will get a job with the same hours as me, so I can hit the gym at night, that is when I prefer to workout, I like to sleep...LOL...

-B

Big Wides
04-14-08, 12:06 pm
soild plan there B, yoga is awesome to get flexability and to help recover from ball busting sessions. I still do it every now and again (yes the secret is out) when I feel like i need it.

15 weeks.....lets get it done

brandonA
04-15-08, 11:25 am
soild plan there B, yoga is awesome to get flexability and to help recover from ball busting sessions. I still do it every now and again (yes the secret is out) when I feel like i need it.

15 weeks.....lets get it done

Flexablitiy is what I am after, need that in a bad way..I am not afraid to admit I do yoga...got the vid, the brick, mat and strap...just need to do it....Thanks Wides...

-B

brandonA
04-15-08, 11:25 am
DE Upper -

Speed work -
8 sets of 3 with 155 (55%)
weight was light, but my form was all fucked..John was watching me and I here "You butt was off the bench AND your heels were off the floor" FUCK...did all the rest of the bench pretty flat....on top of all that, I did not drink enough water yesterday and my legs were cramping when I would tuck them....shit...stupid ass

4 Board press - but I grabbed the 3..stuid ass
275 x 3 ulgy but easy
295 x 3 very ulgy, 2nd came over face, the spotter moved it back and I nailed it and #3...but was shot....

DB Bench -
4 x 10 with 60's

DB BOR -
4 sets of 10 with 70's

Tri pushdown -
4x12 with 160ish

Man, I am out of shape, I was dying during that last set of rows...

So, here is the new plan, I am going to finish this week and next week I will start the templete over. I am going to just add 25-30 pounds to my maxes on paper to re-adjust my precentages, These numbers are based in reality, I am vey confident that I can bench 275 and squat/pull 365, but in order to get my deloads in where I need then I am going to press on and get to work..Just means that my numbers at the meet will be a big suprise to everyone, me included....Any thoughts????

-B

IRBS
04-15-08, 12:10 pm
Sounds like a good plan B, You always want to be suprised (in a good way) at the meet!!

Stick to the plan and GFS!

brandonA
04-15-08, 12:19 pm
Sounds like a good plan B, You always want to be suprised (in a good way) at the meet!!

Stick to the plan and GFS!

Cool, thanks Will....I was pretty sure that by adjusting my numbers up, it would not really matter too much, all it really effects is the prectanges, every thing elas is working up to a 3RM...On deads, I will not pull anything less than 225 for working sets, I am not happy with my pulling, got to get past the metal aspect of the back injury....

-B

brandonA
04-16-08, 11:50 am
Sled Pull'n

Each trip was street lamp to street lamp and back, about 75 yards each way (?????)

trip one - one plate
trip two - two plates
trip three - 3 plates
trip 4 - one plate 2 times non-stop

sled is about 40# and each plate is a 5/8" thk steel disk I got from work, they weigh 31# each.

weight was good, not too heavy, distance was good, not to far...did not want to go to heavy, I have ME lower tonight..

I will do the sled 3 times a week, one day foward, one day back and one day push on low handle/pull thrus....fun shit....

-B

IRBS
04-16-08, 1:02 pm
Sled Pull'n

Each trip was street lamp to street lamp and back, about 75 yards each way (?????)

trip one - one plate
trip two - two plates
trip three - 3 plates
trip 4 - one plate 2 times non-stop

sled is about 40# and each plate is a 5/8" thk steel disk I got from work, they weigh 31# each.

weight was good, not too heavy, distance was good, not to far...did not want to go to heavy, I have ME lower tonight..

I will do the sled 3 times a week, one day foward, one day back and one day push on low handle/pull thrus....fun shit....

-B

AWESOME B!

brandonA
04-17-08, 10:27 am
ME Lower -

Rack pulls - about 3" below knee, lowest pin on rack..
W/U -
bar x ton
135 x 10
225 x 6

Working set added belt -
315 x 3
340 x 3
385 x 3
405 x 3 PR of sorts
315 x 3

Weight felt really light, 405 was a good weight to end on, not an all out max, but I dont want to push the back too hard..Back felt great, still does, no pain, just tight, like I would expect, but I think that is from the next movement

GM's
135 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 10

Kept it light after the rack pulls, still not sure if my form is spot on, think I may be squating a bit to much..

Decline situps aginst bands -
bw x 10
purple x 10 a bit to much today
Dbl Mini x 10 x 2

Good work out, engery was good and the back held up....sled pulling tomorrow and bench with a few of the big dogs on friday, going to get the help that I need....

-B

IRBS
04-17-08, 10:30 am
Nice pullin B!!

brandonA
04-17-08, 10:32 am
Thanks Bulldozer....Starting to feel human again...

-B

brandonA
04-21-08, 1:00 pm
Friday night - ME Upper

Working with a two guys from the gym, both are much more experanced and stronger than me, just what I need...

Bench -
w/u -
bar x ton
105 x ton
135 x 10 x 3
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1 PR Ulgy as hell, my left arm locked out with no issues, but the right lagged big time, but it was all me..Right arm feeling pretty funky...

My right elbow/bicept felt wrong, kinda tight, maybe from the pulling the other day, it is still bothering me, got some Tiger Balm, great shit...so the rest of the benching sucked...

3-board -
295 x 0 - fucking stapled...shit what the fuck, I just took 275 off my chest and 295 orr a 3 staples me?

275 x 3 - too fucking easy, arm is really funky at this point, call it a night...

face pulls - worked up to stack x 10
Purple band lat pulls - 3x10
light tris with rope - 3xwhatever
light curls to get blood flowing...

out....

---------------------------

DE Lower - Sunday afternoon

Speed squats off foam using the monolift, SSB and Metric plates - tons of new shit for me

7 sets of 2 with one red and one yellow per side (red =25k, y=15k) so 251# (SSB=75lbs)
1 set of 2 with 2 reds per side so 295#

This was my best squat session in a long time, maybe ever, I worked with Jessie again, hope this is a regular thing. I was only scheduled to go 60% which would have been 185, smoked that shit, speed was great and the coaching on my form was awesome, we moved thru fast, only time to rest was during the other guy's set and to change the weight..

Few sets of reverse hypers

side bends using purple band

hanging leg abs..

chose not to pull, the right arm is still not feeling right, just lifting the plates to load the bar was causing some funkyness....

Bench tonight with Jessie and Todd.....working on some set-up issues, and my grip has been deemed too narrow, currently putting my pinky on the ring, so that will be changing as well...exciting times....

news on the new PL only room is exciting as well...t-bar row, miltary press rack, two platforms, one will be a full USAPL set up, one regular...all the toys one would need to GET FUCKING STRONG

-B

IRBS
04-21-08, 1:13 pm
Awesome work B, remember, youre coming off a layoff so it will take some time.

I am hella jealous of your gym...
IRBS

brandonA
04-21-08, 4:09 pm
Awesome work B, remember, youre coming off a layoff so it will take some time.

I am hella jealous of your gym...
IRBS

The 275 off my chest is a 20lb PR, so no complaints from me, I still feel that I can take 300 off the chest, but will wait to prove it. I am feeling strong other than the slight strain in my right arm, but I will get it all better and off to the races. The squats on sunday were awesome, it is nice to have some one push you..

Changing gyms was the best decision I could have made. John is not only a nice guy, great lifter, but a student of the game as well...He is setting up his dream gym and we all get to play in it.

If I dont get better in my current sitution, it is my fault, I have all the oppertunity in the world at my finger tips...

-B

brandonA
04-22-08, 11:15 am
DE Upper -

Speed bench with quaded monster mini -
135 x 3 x 8

Working on my set up and bar path, I found that if I set up high on my traps, really high, and burry my chin in my chest, the weight flys up....when I hit this postion, my bar path was the same for all 3 reps and the speed was the fastest. Bar path was all over the place, need to work on 3 reps excatly the same, hit this maybe 3-4 times....practice makes perfect...

4 Board -
295 x 3 x 3

Weight was a little light, but I wanted to get my reps in, the right arm is still funky, so working on lock out and bar path...

DB bench -

60 x 10 x 2

arm really started to flair up here, cut it short

Tri pressdowns with green band -
3 x 10-15

On sunday I went around to try to find an elbow sleeve, the closet sporting goods store was closed, so I hit up Walgreens, shit, nothing that would come close to fitting, so I kept using the large knee sleeve that I had at the house, that fits pretty damn good, kept it on for all my bench sets, and proble will for a while....Also got some Tiger Balm, great shit...

-B

IRBS
04-22-08, 11:36 am
Nice pressin B!

brandonA
04-22-08, 10:00 pm
Nice pressin B!

Thanks Will...the elbow is feeling good today, so hopefully I am past that noise..

-B

IRBS
04-22-08, 10:01 pm
Thanks Will...the elbow is feeling good today, so hopefully I am past that noise..

-B

I feel ya on that bro. If I can keep my elbow quiet I am happy, LOL

Lowdown5
04-22-08, 10:02 pm

-B

Take care of that elbow B!

brandonA
04-22-08, 10:03 pm
All trips the same distance as last time, all with two plates...all with the new handles, used two 6" long sections of 1-1/2" PVC and a loop of rope to make the handles....Loop that loop thru the other loop and go to town...

5 trips (Street lamp to street lamp and back)
backwards there, foward back...

Backward is a fucking killer, wastes the quads like nothing I have ever felt..

one trip fowards both ways to finish off the lungs...

Love this shit...

ME lower tomorrow...

-B

brandonA
04-23-08, 11:09 pm
Take care of that elbow B!

You know it bro, feeling pretty good..

-B

brandonA
04-23-08, 11:09 pm
Raw Box Squats...

On the mono with the metric plates...Parrelle box

Up to a 5RM

Warm up - blah, blah, blah...

Working set -
1 red +1 yellow x 5 (221#)
2 reds x 5 (265#)
2 reds + 1 black x5 (309#)
2 reds x 5 x 2

From needs work, the 309 was not too heavy, but I really need to work on my lower back strength, the last rep was a good morning at the top...

GHR - 3x10 @ BW

Lunges - 3 trips down hall and back @ BW

Back raises - 3 x 10 @ BW

Decline situps -
10 with 25 on chest
10 with 50 on chest
10 with 75 on chest...

Good session, working with Todd and Jessie is going to do wonders for me...

-B

brandonA
04-28-08, 12:18 pm
ME Upper -

2 Board Press'n -

W/U -
Bar x ton
95 x ton
105 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 3

Working sets -
255 x 5
265 x 5

To Chest - form and bar path work -
185 x 5 x 5

Long warm up, part waiting for Jessie to show up (which he never did) and makeing sure the elbow was ready to go..The weight on the 2 board was good, 265 was goood for 5 but the elbow was starting to flair so I did some light work to crush the tris and work on my bar path...

PUll ups -
5 sets

3 way sholder -
20 x 15
20 x 10
20 x 10

Tates -
40 x 10
50 x 10 x 2

Good session, elbow was ok for most of it, felt pretty good acctualy, started to give me fits at work on Saturday, I was assembleing and loading parts, seems the pulling motion is what arrviates the joint...Skipped DE lower due to other comments....

-B

IRBS
04-28-08, 4:05 pm
Nice work B!!! Keep that elbow healthy!

brandonA
04-29-08, 10:54 am
Nice work B!!! Keep that elbow healthy!

You know it Will, trying like hell...

-B

brandonA
04-29-08, 10:58 am
DE Upper -

Speed Bench with bands....

W/P - Blah....

Working set -
135 w/ quaded monster mini
8 sets of 3

Working on bar path, set up/staying tight, and squeezing my sholders blades...last 3 sets were pretty spot on, my squeezing my sholder blades together, I shorten my stroke by at least an inch..pretty cool....

Skipped the 4 board for the sake of my elbow...

DB bench -
70 x 10 x 4

DB rows -
100 x 10
90 x 10
80 x 10

Elbow felt good here, I was supprised....

Rope Pulldowns -
100 x 12 x 4
Grabed the rope up about 2 inches from bottom, got a killer pump in the tris...

-B

IRBS
04-29-08, 7:57 pm
Nice work B! Protect the elbow!

brandonA
05-01-08, 10:49 am
Nice work B! Protect the elbow!

You know it bro, as much as I can...

-B

ghost
05-01-08, 10:50 am
whats on the bill for today brother?

brandonA
05-01-08, 10:59 am
ME Lower -
Box squats on the Mono with the Metric Plates - No lifting partners, if I had known that I would not have been on the Mono

Supposed to work up to a 5RM, but with no spotters on the Mono, I worked on form, call it a heavy DE day I guess...

Worked up to 2 reds x 5 for a few sets...

Giant superset/ circuit 2 rounds....

GHR x 10
BW lunges x hallway (there and back)
decline situps with weight, worked up to 50#

Stacy had a tooth pulled earlier in the day so I was in a bit of a rush to get home...Form felt great on the squats, really worked on getting my ass back and leading with my traps...weight was light, I did not go too much higher casue if I have to dump the weight, someone could get pretty hurt...

The new powerlifting section is going to be sick, John is working on getting a second set of Metric Comp plates so we can bench full Comp style as well...Cant wait, it is getting a bit dangerous with the heavy weights and the PT and there customers trying to work around us. Saw some one almost get taken out again last night, guy was doing heavy snatches and a woman walked a bit too close.....

-B

IRBS
05-01-08, 11:07 am
Nice work B.

The lady deserved to get hit if she was dumb enough to get close to a guy doing snatches...