PDA

View Full Version : My Penance: The Reverend's Atonement

Pages : [1] 2

rev8ball
01-08-08, 8:01 pm
I've been in this industry for a long time; sometimes I think maybe too long. And I've played in one facet or another, or sometimes many simultaneously, for just as long. Whether as a competitor, business man, student, researcher, coach, whatever, this is my life.

I retired from competitive powerlifting years ago, but still kept up my regimen, physically and mentally. I train hard; I train my athletes hard; I study hard; and I work hard. But two months ago, I realized that I've been missing something for about a year or so. Recently, I've backed off somewhat on my intensity (I am NO spring chicken!), training just to keep my level of athleticism, especially not to become a fat ass. I am still a decent size, maintaining some serious strength and power, but I've been missing something. And I figured out what it is. I've been so busy with work and school, that I have forgotten the taste of a challenge. Now, graduate school and running my own company are both serious challenges, trust me - they kick my ass. But I mean a competitive lifting challenge; I have almost, repeat almost, forgotten my roots. And for this, I am sorry. I beg forgiveness, and I am ready for my atonement. For my penance, I have decided on a personal competition. This will be tough, because work and school have both really stressful. But I think I need this to help relieve this stress. I will train, diet, and live getting ready for this competition, and the first mark will be eight weeks from now at the Arnold.

We'll see what happens.....

rev8ball
01-08-08, 8:05 pm
Wake-up: 1 scoop of protein, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 C of NF milk.

Meal 1: 9 egg whites, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein, 1 cup of NF milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, two slices of whole wheat toast, 2 slices of nonfat cheese, piece of fruit …*or* “Shake of Mass” (recipe below), one Genensis pack.

Meal 2: 8 oz. chicken, steak, or fish, 2 baked potatoes/yams, or 1 C of pasta/brown rice, with beans, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Meal 3: 10 oz. cottage cheese, 6 egg whites, 1 C of NF milk, fruit, 1 bagel, one Animal Flex.

Meal 4: 8 oz. chicken, steak, or fish, 1 baked potato/yam, 1 C NF yogurt, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Pre-workout: 1 Animal Nitro, one piece of fruit.

During workout: Water, and EAA/Gatorade blend.

Immediately post-workout: Rest of Gatorade with one Animal Nitro.

With in one hour post-workout: 2 C of milk, 4 scoops of Real Gains, one Animal Pak.

Meal 5: 8 oz. chicken, fish, or steak, 2 baked potatoes/yam, or 1 C pasta/brown rice, with beans, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Meal 6: 1 C of Cottage cheese, 1 scoop of protein, 1 C of NF milk, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

*Drink 1-2 gallons of water per day.

*Milk used with meals are regular NF milk mixed with a full serving of powdered NF milk.

*“Shake of Mass” recipe: In a blender - 2 C of milk, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein, 1 banana, ½ C of frozen fruit, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ½ C of egg whites, ½ C of NF cottage cheese, ½ C of NF yogurt, ice.

This is an outline. I will do food exchanges for carbs, protein, fats, when possible, i.e., 1 serving of whole grain bread for 1 serving of pasta, etc.

rev8ball
01-08-08, 8:08 pm
*Monday: Legs/Shoulders
Clean and Press 3x3
Back squat 3x6
Front Squat 3x6
(Lunges 3x6)
Military press 3x6
Shoulder Press 3x6
Upright rows 3x6

*Wednesday: Chest/Biceps
Incline bench 3x6
Flat bench 3x6
Smith inclines positives 3x3
(Pull over 3x6)
Preacher curls 3x6
Incline alternating DB curls 3x6
Rope Hammer curls 3x6

*Friday: Back/Triceps
Deadlifts 3x3
High rows 3x6
Low rows 3x6
(Close Grip Pull downs 3x6)
Close grip bench 3x6
Machine dips 3x6
Weighted Dips/Rope extensions 3x6

Cardio will be twice a week (gotta keep the heart healthy at my age...lol), and I will also throw in some odd lifts / dino training once a week as well.

This is just for now. It will change accordingly...

rev8ball
01-08-08, 8:25 pm
Once I make an initial adaption, maybe in about a week or so, I am going to do a glycogen-store depletion. My goal with this is to increase the glycogen storing capacity of my muscles in order to increase my available anaerobic power. Details on the preceding studies, my plan, execution, and results to follow...

Maccabee
01-08-08, 10:01 pm
Subbed...I am going to be following along definetly. I know I am gonna learn a thing or two from your journey. Peace

rev8ball
01-09-08, 11:25 am
Busted my legs last night, which was a stupid idea; I don't know what I was thinking. I spent the entire last weekend walking and standing a TON at a conference. My legs were bothering me a little on Monday, but when I went to the gym last night, I didn't even think about giving them a break, maybe rearranging my routine this week, which I should have. As I finished my lifts, it hit me: "What the fuck am I doing!?"....lol...... Oh well, just won't be able to do any stairs for awhile.

brandonA
01-09-08, 11:38 am
Subbed up Rev...cant wait to see what you come up with....

-B

G Diesel
01-09-08, 12:00 pm
Wake-up: 1 scoop of protein, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 C of NF milk.

Meal 1: 9 egg whites, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein, 1 cup of NF milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, two slices of whole wheat toast, 2 slices of nonfat cheese, piece of fruit …*or* “Shake of Mass” (recipe below), one Genensis pack.

Meal 2: 8 oz. chicken, steak, or fish, 2 baked potatoes/yams, or 1 C of pasta/brown rice, with beans, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Meal 3: 10 oz. cottage cheese, 6 egg whites, 1 C of NF milk, fruit, 1 bagel, one Animal Flex.

Meal 4: 8 oz. chicken, steak, or fish, 1 baked potato/yam, 1 C NF yogurt, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Pre-workout: 1 Animal Nitro, one piece of fruit.

During workout: Water, and EAA/Gatorade blend.

Immediately post-workout: Rest of Gatorade with one Animal Nitro.

With in one hour post-workout: 2 C of milk, 4 scoops of Real Gains, one Animal Pak.

Meal 5: 8 oz. chicken, fish, or steak, 2 baked potatoes/yam, or 1 C pasta/brown rice, with beans, and salad or steamed vegetables.

Meal 6: 1 C of Cottage cheese, 1 scoop of protein, 1 C of NF milk, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

*Drink 1-2 gallons of water per day.

*Milk used with meals are regular NF milk mixed with a full serving of powdered NF milk.

*“Shake of Mass” recipe: In a blender - 2 C of milk, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein, 1 banana, ½ C of frozen fruit, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, ½ tsp of cinnamon, ½ C of egg whites, ½ C of NF cottage cheese, ½ C of NF yogurt, ice.

This is an outline. I will do food exchanges for carbs, protein, fats, when possible, i.e., 1 serving of whole grain bread for 1 serving of pasta, etc.

Great day of eating for mass and power, Rev... I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one bro. Peace, G

ghost
01-09-08, 12:04 pm
Busted my legs last night, which was a stupid idea; I don't know what I was thinking. I spent the entire last weekend walking and standing a TON at a conference. My legs were bothering me a little on Monday, but when I went to the gym last night, I didn't even think about giving them a break, maybe rearranging my routine this week, which I should have. As I finished my lifts, it hit me: "What the fuck am I doing!?"....lol...... Oh well, just won't be able to do any stairs for awhile.

damn that sucks...i did legs Sunday and Biked 15 miles yesterday, and am doing it again today..,.not because i want to, but i need to work. lol. i can barely walk.!

krazyassmexican
01-09-08, 12:05 pm
Once I make an initial adaption, maybe in about a week or so, I am going to do a glycogen-store depletion. My goal with this is to increase the glycogen storing capacity of my muscles in order to increase my available anaerobic power. Details on the preceding studies, my plan, execution, and results to follow...

let me know how this goes
sounds interesting

McFly
01-09-08, 1:31 pm
This is gonna be a good one.....i'm tuned in

rev8ball
01-09-08, 7:52 pm
Great day of eating for mass and power, Rev... I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one bro. Peace, G

Thanks, G. As you can see, I'm definitely a whole foods kinda guy. I'd rather sink my teeth into some tasty beef than drink a shake, and that's how I base my diet. Don't get me wrong, I use supplements. But they are just that - supplements to whole food, and sometimes I think people may need a remindin' of that...

rev8ball
01-10-08, 6:57 pm
Mmmmmmmmm, went grocery shopping today. Beef, chicken, rice, pasta, veggies and fruit.... I am loaded! Well, at least for a few days....lol

Time to start cookin', because I got a busy weekend coming up, so I need to keep my lunch bucket full...

rev8ball
01-11-08, 12:42 am
Had a damn decent chest day tonight. Felt alot of energy. Think my diet is finally starting to catch up.
Didn't go too heavy; not doing any crazy numbers yet. Focusing on my form. With this being my first week back in over a month, I need to find that grove again. And the way I felt tonight, I'll be back in it in no time...

Lowdown5
01-11-08, 12:54 am
Good to see you getting it done in the desert Rev.

hjayss
01-11-08, 1:11 am
okay rev....we want to see the destruction that go's on in that gym....

rev8ball
01-13-08, 2:46 am
Good workout today, though not quite there yet with the energy for the intensity. Nursing a few sore body parts from this past week of getting back into it, but nothing as bad as I anticipated. By next week, should be able to go pretty balls-out.

Numbers are gonna start blowin' up....

GRUNT
01-13-08, 10:12 am
Sparked my interest...I'm down.

rev8ball
01-16-08, 12:52 pm
Nice workout last night. Intensity, strength, power definetly all coming back. Not feeling too beat-to-shit today, so body is starting to adjust accordingly, and faster than I thought:

Clean and Press
Back squat
Front squat
Military press (alternating grips)
Shoulder press
Upright rows

brandonA
01-16-08, 12:58 pm

Sounds like fun, plams facing, plams away I would guess?...what are the advantages of this?

-B

rev8ball
01-16-08, 1:00 pm
I rec'd a couple questions regarding how I make my enriched milk, so here it is:

Take 4 cups of nonfat milk, and mix in 1 1/3 cups of nonfat dry milk. Mix it all together, and you get a super-charged cheap carb and protein source, without taking in the extra liquid. Tastes really rich, too.

Also, since the prices of eggs have gone through the fucking roof lately, and my intake has gone up as well, it was a godsend that I found online bulk-sized dried egg whites - 10 lbs for like 60 bucks!

It's a good thing I'm not married, cuz my wife would NOT be able to survive the amount of gas that's gonna be coming out of me with all of these eggs in my guts.....LOL

GRUNT
01-16-08, 1:03 pm
Sounds like things are falling into place for ya man...Lovin the progress, keep throwin steel..

rev8ball
01-16-08, 1:07 pm
Sounds like fun, plams facing, plams away I would guess?...what are the advantages of this?

-B

I have at the gym a piece of equipment called a Football bar. It is a full-sized Olympic bar, though about 10 lbs heavier, that has three sets of off-parrallel grips (close, medium, wide). Takes alot of stress off my elbows, and fries my shoulders. I also use it for close-grip bench to beat the shit out of my triceps.

brandonA
01-16-08, 1:13 pm
I have at the gym a piece of equipment called a Football bar. It is a full-sized Olympic bar, though about 10 lbs heavier, that has three sets of off-parrallel grips (close, medium, wide). Takes alot of stress off my elbows, and fries my shoulders. I also use it for close-grip bench to beat the shit out of my triceps.

cool, thanks Rev...sounds like you are having too much fun up there...

-B

Big Wides
01-16-08, 1:14 pm
Nice workout last night. Intensity, strength, power definetly all coming back. Not feeling too beat-to-shit today, so body is starting to adjust accordingly, and faster than I thought:

Clean and Press
Back squat
Front squat
Shoulder press
Upright rows

nice session rev......i've always enjoyed doing clean and press, back squat, and front squat in the same session....i find that it really hits all aspects of the olympic lifts espically the front squat with the cleans......

McFly
01-17-08, 7:59 am
I rec'd a couple questions regarding how I make my enriched milk, so here it is:

Take 4 cups of nonfat milk, and mix in 1 1/3 cups of nonfat dry milk. Mix it all together, and you get a super-charged cheap carb and protein source, without taking in the extra liquid. Tastes really rich, too.

Also, since the prices of eggs have gone through the fucking roof lately, and my intake has gone up as well, it was a godsend that I found online bulk-sized dried egg whites - 10 lbs for like 60 bucks!

It's a good thing I'm not married, cuz my wife would NOT be able to survive the amount of gas that's gonna be coming out of me with all of these eggs in my guts.....LOL

how many serving is 10 pounds of the dried egg whites?

rev8ball
01-17-08, 11:47 am
how many serving is 10 pounds of the dried egg whites?

I think it was 324.

GRUNT
01-17-08, 11:59 am
I think it was 324.

Rev can you PM me where you got those whites??? the chow hall here stopped serving real eggs because of avian bird flu virus..go figure right??? Fucking birds piss me off!

rev8ball
01-17-08, 12:02 pm
Rev can you PM me where you got those whites??? the chow hall here stopped serving real eggs because of avian bird flu virus..go figure right??? Fucking birds piss me off!

Check your inbox.....

firsthorseman97
01-17-08, 12:23 pm
Can you PM me that site too.

Great thread, I'm subbed. Hope to meet ya at the Arnold!

rev8ball
01-17-08, 12:50 pm
Can you PM me that site too.

Great thread, I'm subbed. Hope to meet ya at the Arnold!

Check your in box.
And I'll be there......

firsthorseman97
01-17-08, 1:09 pm
Thanks Rev!

rev8ball
01-19-08, 3:52 am
Had a busy day, so I didn't get to post last night's workout 'til now, so here it is:

Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Incline Bench - pauses and positives

I basically stick with the basic, compound pushing movements for chest. The auxiallary crap doesn't do shit for me, especially for strength/power and hypertrophy. And I focus on the incline rather than the flat. I have some fucked up sports injuries involving my left arm, so I can't really get a good ROM with flats anymore.

Seated Curls
Preacher Curls
Alternating Incline Curls

I'll let you know how back and triceps day goes tomorrow....

hjayss
01-19-08, 5:33 am
ahh old school seated curls...man they dont do those any more I love em...nice log rev...

rev8ball
01-20-08, 4:03 am
Shitty day today all the way around, and too freakin' busy at work. Meals got fucked up, gym time got fucked up...DAMMIT!

Well, survive, adapt, overcome. Hit it again on Monday. Since I missed back/triceps today, thinking of doing them heavy on Mon, and then the rest of my workout regimine week normally, with a lighter back/tris day next Sat.

One more time: DAMMIT!

Lowdown5
01-20-08, 10:13 am
Improvise, overcome and adapt Rev, you know the drill.

rev8ball
01-21-08, 11:38 pm
What a day! Had to play catch up on my diet, but my lifts went great; think I had all that pent up energy from not lifting on Sat...

Did 3 sets of each (after warm-up), between 6-8 reps each set:

Warm up - snatches
Deadlifts 320 (speed)
High rows 450
Close reverse grip bench 255
Low rows 360
Dip press 450
Dips BW + 90
Superset with rope extensions (slow negatives) 150

The 6-8 rep scheme is doing well for me right now, but the singles are calling my name, especially in the deads. Looking forward (not really....lol) to them in a few more weeks.

Nightshift
01-22-08, 12:19 am
Great work rev!!! Workouts look intense!

McFly
01-22-08, 8:03 am
the singles are calling my name, especially in the deads.

looking forward to seeing those single.... going to be huge i'm sure.
can you PM in regards to the eggs? thanks

rev8ball
01-22-08, 12:10 pm
looking forward to seeing those single.... going to be huge i'm sure.
can you PM in regards to the eggs? thanks

Done.
Check your inbox....

rev8ball
01-24-08, 10:39 pm
Yesterday, I think I got some kinda stomach bug, or maybe just ate something bad. I don't feel sick, but it felt like someone had punched me hard right below the sternum. Kiillin' me all afternoon. Still hit the gym, but was afraid to go too heavy because I thought I might shit myself or fucking throw up, especially with it being leg day.

Cleans and presses
Jump Squats
Back Squats
Front Squats
Military Press
Shoulder Press
Upright Rows

Pain kinda subsided by this afternoon. Now I just feel freakin' bloated; don't feel much like eating, though I'm forcing meals down. Farting up a storm, but no other probs. And like I said, I don't feel sick - no fever or anything.

Oh well. Hit it again tomorrow and see what happens......

rev8ball
01-31-08, 4:03 am
Got back into the gym today, after my stomach shit over the weekend, and a project at school kicked my ass Mon and Tues. Not a bad day actually; really blasted my chest. Since it was my second chest day in less than a week, took focus off of 90% 1RM or greater, and went with several versions of inclines and flats, focusing on various limited ROMs/widths, partials, and pauses.

Good stuff.........

rev8ball
02-03-08, 3:48 am
Haven't been posting my workouts like I want to. Work, school, etc., busting my balls lately. I'm not making excuses, trust me. And I have been hitting the gym pretty hard, too, so don't worry about my resolve. Just by the end of the day, I'm fucking toast when it comes to any more typing. So, my problem - I'll deal. Here's today hell:

Snatches
Deadlifts
High Rows
Close grip bench
Low rows
Dip press
Dips s/s rope extenions.

Great freakin' routine today. Feeling healthy, strong, and unstoppable...

And now, a few other things, also known as the radom shit (this is what happens when you let me near a keyboard at 1am.......)

Obviously, I eat alot... I mean a-fucking-lot. I'm pushing the 6-7k envelope like when I was still competing.... and I'm not competing, and I'm alot older. But the thing is, I eat pretty damn clean. Case in point: One of my employees (great person, mind you, just from the generation after me) comes in to my office while I'm chowing down, and says "For as much as you eat, you eat really clean!" What the hell does that mean?

My mom always fed me like that, and taught me to cook like that. I'll never forget the dinners she used to make for me when I was growing.... age wise and size wise. Of course all of the classic Neapolitine dishes: whole chickens, beef, tons of fish, lots of veggie soups and stews, some macarroni's (what non-Italians call
"pasta") etc... We never ate out of a box. No fucking cardboard processed shit for me! And I'm glad she did.

I grew up in pretty good shape, and with some good habits, not like the fat-fucks you see today sloshing down the streets, only concerned about whatever is on their cell, flat screen, game system, or computer. They will find any reason not to do something, anything, that they know they need to do, if it doesn't have something to do with those devices. And then, it's everyone else's fault that their lives suck donkey dicks. Fuck staying active, fuck taking a responsibilty for their lives, doing something productive. I'm twice their age, have a life, career, school, a business to run, ya know, real life responsibilties. And I still MAKE time to make my meals, hit the iron, learn more, etc., because it matters to me. Not just be bigger or stronger. But it is a part of my life, not all of it, but part of it. And it helps to keep me disciplined, mentally and physically.

Look, I'm not saying I'm better than else, or cop'ing a Holier than thou attitude. God knows that I'm the farthest thing from perfect. And I try dailiy to stay respectful. I'm just tired of seeing people lack any will, discipline, desire, etc., to do what they want to do with their lives, no matter what it is - iron, school, a family, whatever. I do it too, but when I fuck up, it's my fault, and no one elses. And you gotta recognize that. And when I forget, my mom, God rest her soul, smacks in the back of my head, just to remind me.

What I'm trying to say is....
For fuck's sake, people - grow a pair of balls and do what you NEED to do with your life, and quit waiting for everyone else.........

Lowdown5
02-03-08, 9:35 am
And now, a few other things, also known as the radom shit (this is what happens when you let me near a keyboard at 1am.......)

Obviously, I eat alot... I mean a-fucking-lot. I'm pushing the 6-7k envelope like when I was still competing.... and I'm not competing, and I'm alot older. But the thing is, I eat pretty damn clean. Case in point: One of my employees (great person, mind you, just from the generation after me) comes in to my office while I'm chowing down, and says "For as much as you eat, you eat really clean!" What the hell does that mean?

My mom always fed me like that, and taught me to cook like that. I'll never forget the dinners she used to make for me when I was growing.... age wise and size wise. Of course all of the classic Neapolitine dishes: whole chickens, beef, tons of fish, lots of veggie soups and stews, some macarroni's (what non-Italians call
"pasta") etc... We never ate out of a box. No fucking cardboard processed shit for me! And I'm glad she did.

I grew up in pretty good shape, and with some good habits, not like the fat-fucks you see today sloshing down the streets, only concerned about whatever is on their cell, flat screen, game system, or computer. They will find any reason not to do something, anything, that they know they need to do, if it doesn't have something to do with those devices. And then, it's everyone else's fault that their lives suck donkey dicks. Fuck staying active, fuck taking a responsibilty for their lives, doing something productive. I'm twice their age, have a life, career, school, a business to run, ya know, real life responsibilties. And I still MAKE time to make my meals, hit the iron, learn more, etc., because it matters to me. Not just be bigger or stronger. But it is a part of my life, not all of it, but part of it. And it helps to keep me disciplined, mentally and physically.

Look, I'm not saying I'm better than else, or cop'ing a Holier than thou attitude. God knows that I'm the farthest thing from perfect. And I try dailiy to stay respectful. I'm just tired of seeing people lack any will, discipline, desire, etc., to do what they want to do with their lives, no matter what it is - iron, school, a family, whatever. I do it too, but when I fuck up, it's my fault, and no one elses. And you gotta recognize that. And when I forget, my mom, God rest her soul, smacks in the back of my head, just to remind me.

For fuck's sake, people - grow a pair of balls and do what you NEED to do with your life, and quit waiting for everyone else.........

#1, your Mom sounds like a great, great lady, may she rest in peace.

#2, Amen to what you wrote, I am guilty of a lot of those things and it makes me realize that I am at fault. I take responsibility for my own actions but need to hold myself more accountable. Stop making excuses. Thanks for putting this down Rev, it opened my eyes first thing this morning. Respect!

rev8ball
02-07-08, 3:00 am
Had a great chest workout on Tues. Felt like doing a shit load of different incline presses: wide, close, pause, lower third, upper third, football bar, etc. Oh well, variety is the spice of life. And I might as well take advantage of it when I feel like doing it.

One another note, diet is going to be a little tough over the next few weeks. Ash Wednesday was today, which starts the season of Lent for Christians. For me personally, that means not eating any meat on Wed and Fridays. It always takes me a week or two to adapt, but it always works out. Tons more dairy products, fish, and protein shakes....lol.... At least my Omega 3s are going to skyrocket.....

Hollow
02-07-08, 12:04 pm
Had a great chest workout on Tues. Felt like doing a shit load of different incline presses: wide, close, pause, lower third, upper third, football bar, etc. Oh well, variety is the spice of life. And I might as well take advantage of it when I feel like doing it.

One another note, diet is going to be a little tough over the next few weeks. Ash Wednesday was today, which starts the season of Lent for Christians. For me personally, that means not eating any meat on Wed and Fridays. It always takes me a week or two to adapt, but it always works out. Tons more dairy products, fish, and protein shakes....lol.... At least my Omega 3s are going to skyrocket.....

Rev8ball did you perform multiple sets on the different variations of the incline press or did you only perform one set per variation of the incline press?

rev8ball
02-07-08, 12:10 pm
Rev8ball did you perform multiple sets on the different variations of the incline press or did you only perform one set per variation of the incline press?

3 sets with 85% 1RM, except for the 1/3 ROM lifts, which were 2 sets.

live2lift
02-07-08, 12:19 pm

Yo Rev...this is a classic Rev statement. I love it...and it is so true. People always make excuses that it is everyone else's fault except their own, and then wonder why their life as Rev said "sucks donkey dick". That is hilarious. It is a pretty shitty culture that we live in today that people cannot accept the fact that maybe they fucked up, and not anyone else. I fuck up a lot, but I always take responsibilty for my fuckups and try to learn from them. If everyone lived this way the world would a much better place...instead of living with a bunch of whiny ass bitches everywhere you go. Sometimes I wish that it was OK to walk up to someone and slap the shit out of them when the acted like a bitch. Thanks for the great post Rev. Peace.

rev8ball
02-12-08, 2:38 am
Had another great back and tricep day on Sat night, even though I was fuckin' sucking air due to my damn allergies! Holy shit, I could not believe how freakin' winded I kept getting. It was like a 20 year habitual 3-pack a day smoker trying to step up a curb!

Diet's been tough this last week. I have gained a few poundage, but now holding steady once more. Gonna try bustin' through one more plateau over the next 2.5 weeks before the Arnold.

rev8ball
02-21-08, 2:21 am
These next 6 days are gonna be fuckin' crazy! Got tons o' shit to do before the Arnold. Not only work and school, but shitloads of planning n' packing. I'll be there for 5 days; will be doing lots of work, and hopefully a little fun. I'm leaving on Wed, so not even an entire week left to get ready!

Still trying to squeeze in some decent work outs before the show. BW only got up 8 pounds - was shooting for 12. No big, though, because my strength has gone through the freakin' roof. Like I said in the beginning of this journey: the Arnold was phase one, and, as of right now, it ain't too freakin' bad!

rev8ball
02-22-08, 3:28 am
Great leg and shoulder day tonight. Really feeling the muscle weakness already. Damn, why do I have to own a 2-story home??!!

Had a sick-ass meal today. Went to this salad buffet resturant call Sweet Tomatoes and freakin' tore that place apart. They have veggies/fruit, soups, breads, pastas, etc., in other words, shitloads of carbs. But I took a big ass bowl of chicken noodle soup and picked out all of the big hunks of meat. Plus, I ate alot of types of beans with the grains as well. Hey, I need my protein! I ended up eating for almost 2 hours - good stuff.

Which leads me to another story, or should I say rant. I am so sick and tired of listening to people talking about "bulking up!" Maybe I should just start calling it "fattening up!" As I mentioned once before, too many people use this term as an excuse to become fat fucks. Yes, it is true that in order to get big, you gotta eat big. But this is NOT a license to eat only at fast food shit holes, eating totally empty and worthless Kcals. I've seen people talk about being on a buking cycle for 2, 3, or even FIVE FUCKING YEARS! What the hell is that about? Hmmmm, let's see - do we think that it may be time for a change? After the first few months, what was your first freakin' clue that it wasn't working, bright-boy?!

Listen, I'm gonna let all of you on to a little secret (at least those of you who are crazy enough to read my shit). Come here, a little closer, closer..........INCREASING YOUR BODY FAT PERCENTAGE DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT MAKE YOU STRONGER OR BIGGER (in lean mass)!!!! Only increasing your muscle mass will increase strength and lean mass (important for appearance of being "big"). Anyone can eat 'til their ears bleed, become big fatty boom batties, and call themselves "athletic."

As I said before, yes you need tons Kcals in order to make progress, but that doesn't mean they have to be shitty Kcals. I can dump 6k Kcals in a day, and it will be clean, whole food, with some Universal supps thrown in, not a bunch of shit. Is it tough to eat like this? Fuck yeah it is. But that's not an excuse to eat frozen pizzas, big macs, and cheesecakes all day long (oh yeah - don't forget the diet Coke!). That is just plain lazy, and it shows a lack of discipline, which is so necesessary in this, or any, sport. Go take a look at the diet of any elite athlete, and you'll see what I mean.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't take it waaaaaaaay over the edge every so often, and totally blow up one of our famous Vegas buffets. What I am saying, though, is that I don't eat like that day in and day out, for months or years at a time. That type of eating mentallity is so decades old; get with the times, move into the 21st Century, and clean your shit up!

And if you think that eating that way will only make you look like crap on the outside, think of what it's doing to you on the inside. 400 point cholesterol, blood sugars at around 300, 200/100 blood pressure.... yeah, good stuff....that kinda shit ain't gonna effect your training and progress at all.....NOT!

You wanna be the best? You gotta eat that way! It's not rocket science, people; it can be tough, but it is do-able. Like John Madden said: "The best always train the hardest."

So, ask yourself this: What do you want to do, and where do you want to be?

McFly
02-22-08, 7:55 am
As I said before, yes you need tons Kcals in order to make progress, but that doesn't mean they have to be shitty Kcals. I can dump 6k Kcals in a day, and it will be clean, whole food, with some Universal supps thrown in, not a bunch of shit.

I hear ya man....I've been working with Big Al the last 6 months and I've learned 6k Kcals of clean whole food is a lot of food, GOD I KNOW....to get that shit in day after day is not easy but IT WORKS. I've actually started getting a tad leaner on a quality "bulk" and it not b/c i'm starving...FUCK I don't ever stop eating it seems.

But on the weekends I WILL be eating some cheesecake and the local all you can eat buffets.

i'm guilty of it in the past but i can too see the difference in those who eat decent off season vs. those who eat shit. hell i was lighter and fatter in the past and I didn't look healthy at all...i'm 20 pounds heavier then i've ever been in my life and my good old mom said"you finally look healthy, that big al guy must know his shit"

rev8ball
02-22-08, 12:09 pm
Exactly my point, bro. Glad to see it's working for ya.

And stick with Big Al - that man knows his shit!

krazyassmexican
02-22-08, 12:13 pm
i like your previous post rev
i have been fat my entire life
and i started bulkin november for the first time in my life
it has been trial and error and it's hard
i still cant figure out if i am doing right or wrong

sometimes i look leaner than at the end of my cut and sometimes i feel like a mini offseason ronnie coleman

this shit is twisted

rev8ball
04-21-08, 11:05 am
I basically had to take almost the entire month of March off, after the Arnold, and then that stupid, wicked flu that kicked my ass for a few weeks. In April, I went back to a basic strength training routine and been progessing nicely. Today, I'm starting a new routine: 5x5 for a four day. Going to increase intensity by increasing sets as well as rest time. Will of course decrease the weight a bit, probably about 80% 1RM. I'll post my first workout, as well as my supplement routine, later on today.

We'll see what happens......

ghost
04-21-08, 11:39 am
Glad to see ya back Rev!! Looking forward to reading up on your lifts.

rev8ball
04-21-08, 7:20 pm
Like I said before, I'm going into a 5x5/4 day at about 80% 1RM; keeping rest at about 1.5 minutes:

Clean & press ("warm up" legs and shoulders) 3x3
Front squat 5x5
Lunges/Step ups 5x5
Military press 5x5
Upright rows 5x5
For the beginning of this cycle, I wanted to take it a little easy on my shoulders, since I got chest tomorrow. I knock it up a notch next week.

Meals/supplements, so far for the day:
-2 servings of oatmeal, 1 serving of cheerios, 2 scoops of protein, tablespoon of pb, 1 cup of frozen berries, 2 cups of milk, 4 Aminos.
-2 servings of oatmeal, 2 scoops of protein, tablespoon of pb, 1 cup of frozen berries, 2 cups of milk, 1 Genesis.
-1 MRP with 1 Mstak (hour before workout)
-1 Nitro with Gatorade (right before workout)
-1 scoop of whey with Gatorade (during workout)
-Rest of protein/Gatorade blend with 6 aminos
-A few roast beef and turkey breast on whole wheat bagels sandwiches, 1 scoop of RG, 1 scoop of protein, milk.

Rest of the day will be a few more meals, Animal Pak around 8pm, and 3 ZMAs before bed.

rev8ball
04-21-08, 7:25 pm
After reading the above post, let me clarify my supps:

-I just rec'd my 20 lbs container of vanilla milk & egg protein (love this shit!), so I'm all over it.
-Specialized Protein for Lean Mass (vanilla)
-Genesis: one of my favorite multis, like a combo of Pak and NSC
-Animal MStak, Nitro, Pak. I'll be starting Flex soon, especially with this new routine
-Amino Tech: one of the greatest amino products on the market, and always forgotten about.
-Lemon Iso Whey: mixes great with lemon/lime Gatorade
-Real Gains (choc): as needed, usually with my post workout meal.
-ZMA: At night, before bed.

rev8ball
04-23-08, 2:22 am
Incline bench
Flat bench
Smith incline bench top 50% lockouts with slow negs
DB Pull overs

*All 5x5

McFly
04-23-08, 7:43 am
looks sick! can't wait to see how this progresses!!

rev8ball
04-25-08, 1:28 am
While I'm typing this, I'm chowing down on some meatloaf, chicken fajitas, and a big heapin' serving of brown rice.....Mmmmm Mmmmmm!!

Close reverse grip bench 5x5
BTN DB Extensions 5x5
Weighted Dips s/s with Rope Cable extensions 3x5 each
Preacher curls 5x5
Incline DB curls 5x5

rev8ball
04-26-08, 4:11 am
All are 5x5

Deadlifts
High Rows
Low Rows
Close parallel grip pull downs

Take the next two days off, and start it all over again on Monday. Feel pretty good from this week. Muscles feel nice and worked, a little tender but in a good way. Body seems to be responding well to this new routine; appetite up as well.

McFly
04-30-08, 12:51 pm
meatloaf, chicken fajitas, and a big heapin' serving of brown rice

it gets no better!! some of my favorite offseason food right there!!!!

rev8ball
04-30-08, 5:44 pm
Did my legs on Monday, and discovered something that I never realized. After doing my compound movements (squats, etc), I did some unilat movements and noticed an instability in my right hip flexors. Its hard to notice anything of significance when watching yourself. So, I grabbed one on my other coaches, who is also an ex phys, and had her watch my movements. After I was done, she asked if I was in any pain or discomfort. I said no, and asked her what she saw. She said definite instability in my hip flexors. She then asked when I go down on one knee, say to pick something up, which knee comes up. I said left. She said that I may have an under develped right hip flexors, but that didn't make any sense since I am not in any pain, as well as being a former powerlifter. I said it makes perfect sense, now that I noticed it.

About 2 years after retiring from PL, I slipped 2 disks, L4/L5 and S1/S2 (not lifting related), and was paralyzed for almost a week. After coming out of rehab, I had to be conscious of my injury, so I made some adjustments in my movement, such as putting my left leg forward in order not to bend over at the back, etc. But all of these movements, something that I didn't notice, stress my left hip flexors more than my right. So, for doing this for the last few years has developed an imbalance in my hip strength bilat.

Now that I know about it, I can address it. Starting my next leg day, I will postpone my cleans, keep the front squats, and focus more on unilat movements, such as lunges, step ups, and one legged presses. I'll give a more detailed account on that day.

At first, I was dissappointed and a little bewildered. But, after taking that step back, I now realized that this was a good thing, because now I can address the problem, correct it, and move on, instead of being in oblivious.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, albeit maybe in a weird way....

rev8ball
05-06-08, 1:15 am
Did my leg day today, and this is what I came up with:

Front Squats: 5x5
One legged leg press: 5x5
Weighted step ups: 3x5
Bulgarian squats: 3x5
One legged leg curls: 5x5

Definitely can feel a difference. I know it's gonna take some time, but it will all be worth it...

live2lift
05-07-08, 6:19 pm
You know Rev I could probably go on forever with jokes about your hip flexor but I figured that I would leave that one alone...but after all is said and done it is good that you figured out what was wrong and can now correct the problem. Solid workouts by the way.

Peace

rev8ball
05-14-08, 8:08 pm
Did legs/shoulders last night, but don't think I should have. I just couldn't get in to the zone, especially mentally. I think I've just had too much going on in my mind last night, with all of my finals and projects due this week.

BUT, as of today, I am done for the semester! No classes until fall, but I have some crap I gotta get through before I can start my data collection, so I'll work on that over the summer. Also got alot of work to catch up on these next few weeks, plus conventions, workshops..... *sigh* it never ends......LOL, it's all good!

rev8ball
07-30-08, 3:06 am
Okay, been awhile since I posted, soooooo..........

Spent the last several weeks doing a 5x5; damn decent results. Decided this week to go back to a little less reps, more weight, more rest. Got the O in two months to think about.

Today, I tried and hit my last heavy incline bench poundage. Now, since I don't compete anymore I'm not into posting and boasting numbers that much (I compete with myself); I mean, seriously, I'm not really out to hurt myself. But let's just say I haven't even attempted it since December 07. Felt damn good.

rev8ball
08-27-08, 1:50 am
Went to do the same on the incline today. Un-fucking-believeable. Hit it for 4 reps, almost 5, took a nice long rest, and hit it for one more. Finished up with some wide grip flats, positives, and lower thirds. Nice.....

rev8ball
08-29-08, 1:52 am
Had a pretty damn good back day, with a little bit of triceps. Was able to pull all the pounds that I did this past Saturday (which was a totally sick ass power day!), but it didn't quite feel as good, ya know, as complete. I don't know, maybe it's because I only put one day's rest between that heavy chest day and today. Usually, it's 3. But I won't be able to lift on Friday or Sat, so I did it early.

Either way, I pulled some nice numbers today, so nothing to be ashamed of, that's for damn sure.

Themostocles
08-29-08, 1:54 am
Wow, a post two days in a row, we are honored. Glad the lifting is going strong. -T.

rev8ball
09-03-08, 11:06 am
I'm doing my incline bench again yesterday, things are going really well, feeling strong. On one of my heavier warm up sets, I lower the bar to the chest, start the press, and then I felt it: I said to my partner "Oh Fuck!" and lowered the bar to my chest. It was the weirdest thing - I felt all of my pressing muscles just relax. It wasn't like I struggled and couldn't push it up. Everything just went lax. So, my partner helped me get the bar to the rack. I was like WTF! So, I took a break for a few minutes and then did it again, and this time with no problem! So strange.....

I ended up beating last week's numbers in the end. I pressed my heavy amount for 5 reps, took a break, and cranked out 2 more.

rev8ball
09-04-08, 11:47 pm
Great shoulder day today. I haven't done them in about 2 1/2 weeks after pulling a trap. But they were more than up to par today. Pushed some numbers that I haven't done in a long time.

rev8ball
09-10-08, 2:47 am
Missed back day last week - pissed me off.

Great chest day today all around. Added another 10 lbs to my incline bench; cranked out 4, rested, then another 2. Strong on all the lifts today actually. Higher weight and reps on everything.

I can tell when I had an insane chest day, though, because my biceps hurt....lol

live2lift
09-10-08, 3:01 pm
I can tell when I had an insane chest day, though, because my biceps hurt....lol

Is that from that infamous Incline Press and Curl lift you do Rev...just kidding. Don't be pissed you missed back day, just come back this week and hit that shit even harder...then maybe your triceps will be sore.

Peace

rev8ball
09-14-08, 1:59 am
Beat the shit out of my back last night; good really heavy pulls, and lots of 'em. Was feeling it this morning. But still had to tear the shit out of my shoulders tonight, and did just that. Great lifts.

And as a bonus, my UNLV Rebels upset #15 ranked ASU 23-20 in overtime! What a way to end the evening....

rev8ball
10-22-08, 1:37 am
Okay, so it's been awhile since I hit this, but I just had to post. My training since the O has been pretty damn intense; even more so than the months leading up to it. I'm also fucking around with some different ideas of mine, tweaking shit here and there, and it's been paying off. I'm up another 4 pounds BW, and my strength has been steadily increasing as well. Not bad for an old fuck.

But the big news was tonight. I was in the FUCKING ZONE! I don't know what happened, but I was tossing weight in my incline press like it was nobody's business. I just kept adding on the plates, and adding on the reps, and before I new it, I hit a PR. Well, maybe not a true PR, but it has been fucking EONS since I put this much weight up in the incline. And this was added to some stupid rowing poundages that I was pulling this past Saturday.

Good shit......

rev8ball
10-22-08, 1:45 am
Oh, and one other thing: being the mad scientist that I am, I have recently started a new pre, during, and post workout supplement regimen. Kinda goes like this:

Pre: Storm, mixed with EAA Stack, and Gatorade (~ 30g of carbs).
During: EAA Stack with Gatorade (~40g carbs)
Post: Real Gains (in milk) with 5g of pure creatine monohydrate

And the few times that I have used this schedule - oooooo yeah, it's feelin' good!

So, the rest of my supplement regimen looks like this for now:
Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Genesis, Amino Tech, plus I gotta add back in Animal Flex or Jointment Sport.

rev8ball
10-24-08, 11:51 am
Great shoulder day last night - good numbers; they still feel exhausted!

Seated military press (full reps, then 3 ROMs)
Press with parallel grip bar
Rope pulls to the face, s/s with side lateral raises
Burn-out drop sets on press Hammer strength

rev8ball
12-11-08, 1:31 am
Okay, so it's been awhile, but my gains have been pretty steady. Bodyweight up another 5 lbs., and BF is still below 15%, so I'm happy. Strength has gone up a bit, but my intensity has really progressed.

Here are the numbers from tonight (shoulders):

Seated military press: 3x6 with 300 lbs; 3x8 with 200 lbs (lower ROM)
Rope pulls to the face: 3x10 with 110 lbs
Standing wide-grip football bar press: 3x8 with 200 lbs
Hammer Strength shoulder press: 3x12 with 150 lbs each arm (full stack); then drop sets all the way down to 60 lbs, with anywhere between 10-12 reps.

live2lift
12-11-08, 3:03 pm
Okay, so it's been awhile, but my gains have been pretty steady. Bodyweight up another 5 lbs., and BF is still below 15%, so I'm happy. Strength has gone up a bit, but my intensity has really progressed.

Here are the numbers from tonight (shoulders):

Seated military press: 3x6 with 300 lbs; 3x8 with 200 lbs (lower ROM)
Rope pulls to the face: 3x10 with 110 lbs
Standing wide-grip football bar press: 3x8 with 200 lbs
Hammer Strength shoulder press: 3x12 with 150 lbs each arm (full stack); then drop sets all the way down to 60 lbs, with anywhere between 10-12 reps.

Finally you put some numbers so we can see what you are doing Rev. Solid workout brotha. Stay strong

Peace

rev8ball
12-11-08, 8:22 pm
Thanks, bro. After getting hammered for not putting up numbers, I decided to go ahead and do it, at least for a few.

rev8ball
12-13-08, 3:43 am
Just got in from the gym. Did back and triceps today. Training is basically trying to get through the holidays without becoming a sludge. No heavy pulling movements on this go round; I'll start that cycle in Jan. Took it a little easy on the triceps since I have a bit of a strain in the left arm.

High Rows: 1x8, 2x6 - 500 lbs; 2x8 - 400 lbs
Close reverse grip bench: 3x8 - 250 lbs; Superset with close parallel grip pull downs: 3x8 - 200 lbs
HS Dips: 1x8 - 450 lbs; 1x10 - 360; 1x12 - 300
Row machine drop sets: 3x10 - 300 lbs; 1x10 - 250; 1x10 - 200; 1x10 - 100
Rope cable pushdowns drop sets: 1x10 - 150 (full stack); 2x10 - 120; 1x10 - 100; 1x8 - 80, 60, 50.

See how I feel in the morning.......

live2lift
12-15-08, 12:20 pm
I don't even want to know how you strained your tricep rev...But seriously those are some solid numbers considering.

Peace

rev8ball
12-15-08, 6:50 pm
I don't even want to know how you strained your tricep rev...But seriously those are some solid numbers considering.

Peace

Har dee har har.....lol

Thanks, bro.

rev8ball
12-15-08, 8:32 pm
Got in to the gym early today due to a shit-load of rain, and, believe it or not, fucking snow! Focused on chest:

Incline bench:
1x4 - 400 lbs; 2x6 - 360; 3x8 - 315; 3x8 - 275; 3x8 - 225 (low ROM).
Machine Press:
4x12 - 250 lbs; 1x10 - 150 lbs (parallel grip).

sifusteve
12-23-08, 2:16 pm
Thanks, bro. After getting hammered for not putting up numbers, I decided to go ahead and do it, at least for a few.

Those are some numbers !

rev8ball
01-05-09, 11:32 pm
Alrighty, took two weeks off because of Christmas and New Years. Went back at it fresh today. BTW, I think I am the only son of a bitch that freaking LOSES weight over the holidays! Down 8 lousy pounds, dammit! Did chest today; didn't go at it totally insane today, but felt alot stronger that I thought I would. Next week will be total balls to the wall as I get those last few weeks in before the Arnold.

See ya at the iron.....

rev8ball
02-19-09, 5:09 pm
I've been making some great steady gains, and was really looking forward to Arnold. BW is pushing 250, and BF has stayed down. And strength has really skyrocketed. So, with all of this good stuff going on, why am I pissed?

Earlier this week, I developed some pretty bad pain at the top of my hips, and it progressed to spread across my hips and down my tailbone. Turns out, I sprained my hip extensors, which is painful enough, but on top of that, I totally jacked up some nerves at my tailbone. Don't think any discs are involved, but, holy shit, I'm in fucking pain. I can't lie down; I've had to sleep in an office chair with pillows for the last few days. My ROM of my leg swing is pretty limited. Plus, every so often, when the nerves catch just right, this pain explodes in my left hip, takes my breath away, and damn near takes my legs right out from under me. Fuck, when I walk, I feel like I'm 90 freakin' years old!

So, no gym time for the next several weeks. I'm allergic to NSAIDs, so they're out. I've just been taking Tylenol and alternating between hot and cold therapy. The only good news is that, if I can take care of myself over the next week, I should still be able to make the Arnold.

live2lift
02-25-09, 1:55 pm
Heard about this shit that happened to you bro. I wish you a speedy recovery Rev...hope you get back soon.

Peace

rev8ball
04-28-09, 12:10 am
Yeah, that's right, TWO FUCKIN' MONTHS I've been outta my dungeon. After numerous injuries (none of them lifting related, dammit anyhow!), starting with the hip injury and getting worse from there.

Anyhow, finally back in it today. I've been chomping at the bit for the last week, knowing that I'd be dropping plates today. And, damn it feels great to be back.

Starting with getting back into it, I've decided on a new goal. My entire life has been about training for strength and power; I've never really trained for hypertrophy, for the sake of hypertrophy. So, a friend/strength coach colleague of mine challenged me to give it a shot, and see what I can accomplish by the time the O rolls around. And, while I'm still breathing, I'm not one to turn down a challenge. That gives me about 5.5 months to see if I can break the 260 realm. Plus, I have a major b-day milestone in a few weeks, so that will definitely add to the fun. Let's see what I can get done.

My regimen will start off by doing a 4x10 80% 1RM routine with about 1.5 minute rest. I'll post some numbers once I get some respectable ones again.

Fun stuff....

ghost
04-28-09, 9:21 am
happy early birthday Rev! and training for hypertrophy, kill it brother, you have it in you. glad to see you are getting back at it brother

rev8ball
04-29-09, 11:11 am
happy early birthday Rev! and training for hypertrophy, kill it brother, you have it in you. glad to see you are getting back at it brother

Thanks, bro, we'll see how this old man's body can handle it....lol

Hollow
04-29-09, 11:14 am
Good to see you’re getting back at it again and Happy Early Birthday.

rev8ball
04-29-09, 11:16 am
Here are the supplements I will be cycling through over the next 5 months:

Real Gains
Milk & Egg protein
Jointment Sport
Storm
EAA Stack
Creatine Monohydrate
Genesis
Amino Tech
Animal Pak, Stak, Omega, plus, I have one can left of the old Mstak.

Plus, I'm gonna give Torrent another shot. Last time I tried it, it murdered my stomach and tasted like ass; but I think I got a bad bottle, so I'll give it one more chance.

ghost
04-29-09, 11:21 am
try the green apple torrent.. i wasnt a huge fan of the cherry, but the green apple was really good.

rev8ball
04-29-09, 11:39 am
Good to see you’re getting back at it again and Happy Early Birthday.

Thanks, bro. We'll see what happens...

rev8ball
04-29-09, 11:42 am
try the green apple torrent.. i wasnt a huge fan of the cherry, but the green apple was really good.

That's the one I started with originally, but I think it was just a bad batch. I even let one of my other coaches try mine (she LOVES Torrent), and she said it didn't taste normal. Hey, worst it can do this time around is give me the shits......LOL

live2lift
04-29-09, 12:55 pm
Thanks, bro, we'll see how this old man's body can handle it....lol

Glad to hear that you are back bro. Hit that shit hard as hell now...by the way I am going to leave the OLD comment out of my reply. Happy early BDay bro.

Peace

rev8ball
04-29-09, 1:28 pm
Glad to hear that you are back bro. Hit that shit hard as hell now...by the way I am going to leave the OLD comment out of my reply. Happy early BDay bro.

Peace

Thanks, bro, and thanks for leaving that out.... ha ha....lol

BTW, it's good to see you on here again; haven't seen you in the gym for awhile. Hope all is well. Tell the Mrs I said "Hi."

On Letting Go
05-01-09, 7:28 am
Here are the supplements I will be cycling through over the next 5 months:

Real Gains
Milk & Egg protein
Jointment Sport
Storm
EAA Stack
Creatine Monohydrate
Genesis
Amino Tech
Animal Pak, Stak, Omega, plus, I have one can left of the old Mstak.

Supp stack looks solid, bro. Similar to what im using, minus the real gains because im cutting. I'll be checkin back. Thanks for response in my protein thread.

OLG

rev8ball
05-01-09, 11:50 am
Supp stack looks solid, bro. Similar to what im using, minus the real gains because im cutting. I'll be checkin back. Thanks for response in my protein thread.

OLG

Hey, thanks.

I just saw that you're in Reno from that other thread - yeah, we gotta stick together....lol.... I try to make it up there every summer for Hot August Nights, so we'll see how that goes this year.

rev8ball
06-01-09, 7:38 pm
Progressing nicely: BW up another solid five pounds; less than 5 away from where I wanted to be by July! If I keep this up, I will definitely be where I want to be by the O. Details to follow...

Training is going great. I've had to up the pounds several times already so I can maintain the intensity for my 4x10 scheme. Numbers to hopefully follow soon...

Diet going great, too. With the summer here, BBQ'ing makes getting the food in a lot easier. Supplement list is working, though I had to tweak a few of the timings. Still haven't started Stak or M-stak, yet; kinda waiting to hit a plateau to hit them.

live2lift
06-02-09, 1:30 pm
Thanks for the update Rev...glad to hear things are progressing nicely for you.

Peace

rev8ball
06-02-09, 1:35 pm
Thanks for the update Rev...glad to hear things are progressing nicely for you.

Peace

Thanks for hanging with me, bro....

ghost
06-02-09, 1:38 pm
rev is a BEAST!

D-Bomb
06-17-09, 5:50 pm
Just got in from the gym. Did back and triceps today. Training is basically trying to get through the holidays without becoming a sludge. No heavy pulling movements on this go round; I'll start that cycle in Jan. Took it a little easy on the triceps since I have a bit of a strain in the left arm.

High Rows: 1x8, 2x6 - 500 lbs; 2x8 - 400 lbs
Close reverse grip bench: 3x8 - 250 lbs; Superset with close parallel grip pull downs: 3x8 - 200 lbs
HS Dips: 1x8 - 450 lbs; 1x10 - 360; 1x12 - 300
Row machine drop sets: 3x10 - 300 lbs; 1x10 - 250; 1x10 - 200; 1x10 - 100
Rope cable pushdowns drop sets: 1x10 - 150 (full stack); 2x10 - 120; 1x10 - 100; 1x8 - 80, 60, 50.

See how I feel in the morning.......

Hey man Bomb dropping in, heard ya were pretty strong ...hehe...no doubts there! crazy weights being thrown around like its easy...weird, my left tricep/deltoid area is also feeling pretty strained. Best of luck, dont need any injuries there dude.

rev8ball
06-29-09, 12:13 pm
Thanks, r and D. And, yeah, please no more injuries, especially at my age....lol

Took my scheduled week off last week. After about 8 weeks, I put on a good 10 pounds doing my 4x10. I will be starting a 5x5 this week, switching around my supplement routine a bit, and again going about 8 weeks. See where it takes me. Definitely chomping at the bit.....

rev8ball
07-01-09, 2:56 am
Started in today with my new 5x5 program. Hitting about 88% 1RM, with about 1.5-2 minute rest. Also started my regimen with the new NSC today. We'll see what happens on all fronts in a month or so.

I got 3 months to gain the mass that I want. Is 90 days enough? Let's see what happens.....

live2lift
07-01-09, 11:40 am
Started in today with my new 5x5 program. Hitting about 88% 1RM, with about 1.5-2 minute rest. Also started my regimen with the new NSC today. We'll see what happens on all fronts in a month or so.

I got 3 months to gain the mass that I want. Is 90 days enough? Let's see what happens.....

Good luck brotha...work hard, I got your back.

rev8ball
07-04-09, 3:17 am
Shitty day yesterday for shoulders. I don't know if it was the weather, not drinking enough, etc., but it's gone, and I'm moving on.

I decided to do back today since I will be BBQ'ing up all day tomorrow for the 4th and not have time for the gym. I felt fucking awesome. I didn't hit triceps that hard since they were still bothering me from yesterday's shoulder routine, but I blew my back up: the full stack (250 lbs) close grip lat pull downs for a 5x5; 410 lbs high rows for a 5x5; plus a few other things. Fuck, I was feeling so good that I even decided to throw in a few rack deads at the end, just for good fucking measure.

My pre and during workout supplement routine stayed constant, but when I got home, I was really in the mood for some real, solid food, vs. a Real Gains shake. So, I mowed down a homemade chicken wrap and a homemade deli-turkey breast sandwich. After I got done with that, I still didn't feel right, so I took a few scoops of Real Gains, added my creatine monohydrate, and mixed it in a few cups of NF milk. Yummy - Now, I feel better.....

rev8ball
07-15-09, 8:23 pm
Yesterday was a fucking smokin' day for chest!

Like I mentioned before, I'm doing a 5x5 program. I do my 5 sets on the incline bench (about 85% of 1RM), and I'm feeling great. So, I said "What the fuck?", loaded the bar with 335, and blasted out 5 reps like it was cake; I haven't done that in about 6 months! I wasn't done yet, either. Did some other chest work, threw in some biceps in between, and finished off everything with machine chest presses with the full stack (300 lbs). And these weren't regular reps, either. I did 5x5 of slow negs with a pause at the top of the concentric (no locked elbows), so I could get a good, full squeeze at the top.

Poke me with a fork - I was done.....

live2lift
07-16-09, 12:26 pm
Yesterday was a fucking smokin' day for chest!

Like I mentioned before, I'm doing a 5x5 program. I do my 5 sets on the incline bench (about 85% of 1RM), and I'm feeling great. So, I said "What the fuck?", loaded the bar with 335, and blasted out 5 reps like it was cake; I haven't done that in about 6 months! I wasn't done yet, either. Did some other chest work, threw in some biceps in between, and finished off everything with machine chest presses with the full stack (300 lbs). And these weren't regular reps, either. I did 5x5 of slow negs with a pause at the top of the concentric (no locked elbows), so I could get a good, full squeeze at the top.

Poke me with a fork - I was done.....

You sir are a beast.

rev8ball
07-16-09, 12:45 pm
You sir are a beast.

Nah, but I play one on TV......lol

Thanks, bro, for your continued support.

rev8ball
07-17-09, 2:18 am
Oooooo, today started out rough. The A/C was down at the gym (as usual for this time of year!), and it was already 117 by the time I pulled into a parking space. The free weights area was like a fucking sauna; felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Oh well, gotta git 'er done!

It was a good thing that I brought a gallon of water today. Mixed in my Gatorade and EAA Stack and started moving weights. I burned through my liquid fuel like it was nothing. And I didn't even have to really warm up because I was already sweating my balls off by the time I set up the rack.

Time for shoulders. Worked up to my 5x5 of 300 lbs. I'm a desert rat, so I can tolerate the heat, but bring in the moisture, and I fall apart. And I was struggling a bit because of the humidity brought on by the desert heat and sweating bodies, but I was doing it. Pulled off 150 lbs and did two more sets, but behind the neck.

Went for High rope pulls to the face for my rear delts. Nailed 5x5 with 120 lbs, and then a sixth set for 8 with 80, just for good measure. Moved on over to upright rows, and did 4x6 with 120. Feeling pretty good by now. I think my body started leveling off.

Went back to the shoulder rack and set up the football bar. This is a full sized Olympic bar, but there are 3 sets of parallel handles. 5x5 with 200.

I could still see straight, so I decided to set my delts on fire. Went over to the Hammer Strength shoulder press. Loaded up the full stack for each arm (150 lbs each side) and burned out 4x8 with slow negs and a squeeze at the top of the concentric (no locked elbows).

I stumbled in to the lobby, grabbed my Nitro, and finished of my drink. Time to head home....

live2lift
07-17-09, 11:25 am
Solid delt workout brotha. No AC...man reminds me of the old days when I used to workout at the Golds on Sahara/Decatur. That place was such a rathole that never had AC, just big ass fans in the upper corners of the ceiling...loved every workout there. Stay strong bro.

Peace

rev8ball
07-20-09, 11:37 am
Didn't get to post this weekend, so here is Saturday's workout (back/triceps):

Started out sluggish. Not sure what it was, but energy just wasn't there. I did what I needed to do, but it was a real struggle. By about half way through, I picked up, and tore threw it. I kept the tempo pretty high, too, doing mostly super sets through the entire workout. By the numbers:

All 5x5s -
Close grip lat pull downs: 250 lbs
HS Dip press: 410 lbs
HS High Rows: 450 lbs
Behind the Neck DB extension: 110 lbs
Machine rows: 200 lbs 6x8, slow negs, squeeze at the top
Rope cable pushdowns: 150 lbs 6x8, slow negs, squeeze at the bottom

Shit, feeling it today. Taking yesterday and today off, and start it all over tomorrow....

rev8ball
07-23-09, 12:27 am
Yesterday was chest day, and some noteworthy numbers:

- Bumped up my regular 5x5 incline bench by 20 pounds
- Decided to throw in TWO sets of 5 with 335 with the incline, even after my regular 5x5
- Dropped to 315 and banged out another 5

I really need to quit doing this; I don't need to over train. DAMMIT! I know it's not part of my current cycle, but FUCK I have felt so good going into this lately, that I've just had to do it. It's kinda like having a super fucking hot chick wearing nothing but a thong sitting on your lap begging to get in to your pants, and you trying to convince yourself to say "No!"

live2lift
07-27-09, 2:26 pm
Yesterday was chest day, and some noteworthy numbers:

- Bumped up my regular 5x5 incline bench by 20 pounds
- Decided to throw in TWO sets of 5 with 335 with the incline, even after my regular 5x5
- Dropped to 315 and banged out another 5

I really need to quit doing this; I don't need to over train. DAMMIT! I know it's not part of my current cycle, but FUCK I have felt so good going into this lately, that I've just had to do it. It's kinda like having a super fucking hot chick wearing nothing but a thong sitting on your lap begging to get in to your pants, and you trying to convince yourself to say "No!"

335X5 on incline. You are my hero Rev...and you are funny to boot.

Peace

rev8ball
08-14-09, 2:40 am
Had a few health issues earlier this week, so I had to take an extra day off. I went to back to the gym today feeling a little worn out and not so ready to be there, but I hit it anyway. Good thing I did.

After taking a little longer that normal to warm up and get into the grove of things, I really felt good. I mean, like after each set, not-feeling-like-I-even-worked good. For my incline bench, I ended up doing 4x6 with 315, and 1x4 with 365! And they went up SWEET. I then added 4x6 with 225 for speed. That was just the top end. Every thing else on my chest was a breeze as well. Still a little issue with both biceps, but working my way back into it.

On a funny and sick-ass at the same time note:
Part of my medical check up this week included getting my blood pressure checked. They put the regular adult arm cuff on me, and it popped off after it started inflating because it was too small! They had to go get a adult thigh/large adult arm cuff in order for it to work. Talk about a boost to the ego. I think it was this, along with seeing GI Joe last night, that really put be over the top for my lifting today!

YEAH!

live2lift
08-14-09, 1:19 pm
Solid lifting session brotha. Love the part about the thigh cuff...that is too funny. Stay strong bro.

Peace

widdlewade44
08-14-09, 1:24 pm
Congrats on the thighcuff rev, that is too cool. Nice lifting and good luck brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Rage
08-28-09, 9:59 am
Pushing some very impressive weight in here bro...damn. Looking forward to seeing you out in Vegas for the Olympia.

rev8ball
08-28-09, 2:58 pm
Pushing some very impressive weight in here bro...damn. Looking forward to seeing you out in Vegas for the Olympia.

Thanks, bro. Looking forward to meeting you, too.

Haven't been able to hit the gym for a week (and maybe more) due to personal reasons, so I hope I don't lose too much between now and then!......lol

Firedrake
09-30-09, 12:54 pm
Ya looked good to me, bro -- the video I shot of you looks solid . . .

rev8ball
11-03-09, 12:24 pm
Have a great story to tell.

Last night was to be back and triceps. I got to the gym and ran into this guy that I've been helping train to get ready for a strongman competition at the end of the year. Anyhoooo, when I told him that I was planning on doing back, he wanted me to do rack pulls with him. I said okey dokey, and we put the pin below the knees. When we got to 7 plates, he said "Pull big, Mike, and I will try to double whatever you do;" mind you, he outweighs me by about 75 pounds. Two up, no prob. When I hit 3, I heard him say "Aw shit!" When I pulled the fourth and racked the weight, he looked at me and said "You weren't supposed to do that fucking many."....lol. So, he up'd it, and squeezed out 10. I called him an asshole, so he threw on another wheel! Great, 8 plates. So I pulled, and ALMOST locked it out - missed it by thaaaat much! I think if I hadn't pulled 4 on the 7, I could've done it. Oh, well, next week....

The rest of the work out was as follows (all 4x8):

Wide parallel grip lat pull downs: 220
HS tricep push downs: 500
Close parallel grip bench press: 250
(Starting to get tired)
DB rows: 105
Rope tricep extensions: 150
s/s with rope cable rows: 150

Passed out and died.....

Beach91
11-03-09, 1:03 pm
Hey Rev,

Just went through your whole journey, good stuff in here, when u finally started postin the weights you used for your workouts it was nuts to see how much you weight you were/are workin with.
I m envious,

keep it up!

live2lift
11-03-09, 1:26 pm
Have a great story to tell.

Last night was to be back and triceps. I got to the gym and ran into this guy that I've been helping train to get ready for a strongman competition at the end of the year. Anyhoooo, when I told him that I was planning on doing back, he wanted me to do rack pulls with him. I said okey dokey, and we put the pin below the knees. When we got to 7 plates, he said "Pull big, Mike, and I will try to double whatever you do;" mind you, he outweighs me by about 75 pounds. Two up, no prob. When I hit 3, I heard him say "Aw shit!" When I pulled the fourth and racked the weight, he looked at me and said "You weren't supposed to do that fucking many."....lol. So, he up'd it, and squeezed out 10. I called him an asshole, so he threw on another wheel! Great, 8 plates. So I pulled, and ALMOST locked it out - missed it by thaaaat much! I think if I hadn't pulled 4 on the 7, I could've done it. Oh, well, next week....

The rest of the work out was as follows (all 4x8):

Wide parallel grip lat pull downs: 220
HS tricep push downs: 500
Close parallel grip bench press: 250
(Starting to get tired)
DB rows: 105
Rope tricep extensions: 150
s/s with rope cable rows: 150

Passed out and died.....

BEAST...nuff said

rev8ball
11-03-09, 2:12 pm
Hey Rev,

Just went through your whole journey, good stuff in here, when u finally started postin the weights you used for your workouts it was nuts to see how much you weight you were/are workin with.
I m envious,

keep it up!

Not bad for an old man, is that what you're sayin'?.....LOL
I didn't start my journey with numbers because I've always thought that it was between me and Mother Nature. But after a few requests, I decided to put some up.

Thanks for the props, bro...

rev8ball
11-03-09, 2:13 pm
BEAST...nuff said

LOL, thanks L2L

I think........LOL

Hercules
11-04-09, 3:06 pm
Good stuff here, Rev. Hope you're doing well.

Beach91
11-04-09, 3:11 pm
Bullshit Rev,
No more talk of this old man garbage

Not bad for a man period,!! age is nothing but a number, in the gym though the numbers dont lie, and yours my friend, are impressive, especially with the 20 million things u always seem to have on the go

keep pushin

rev8ball
04-22-10, 1:25 pm
Been awhile since I posted any of my training in here. Things are going pretty damn well. Running a 5x5 right now for a few more weeks. Will most likely do an HRT after.

Had some great Test boosters recently. Saw ACDC in concert last week. Last night, went and saw Clash of the Titans, which got the T crankin' pretty good on it's own, but the movie previews sent it through the roof.

First off was the A-Team. If this isn't T personified, I dont know what is! I remember watching the original as a kid, and the re-runs recently - loved it then, and love it now. It has a ton of the 3 Bs: blood, bombs, and bullets!

Speaking of the 3 Bs, the next preview was insane: The Expendables. Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Mickey Rourke..... Need I say more? I mean, shit, who needs AAS? If you don't grow slabs of new muscle after watching this movie, you're hopeless - hang up your weight belt.....

Beach91
04-22-10, 5:09 pm
X2 on those flicks, I just hope the ATEAM comes out cool and does justice to the original, especially Rampage in MrTs shoes

Firedrake
04-22-10, 5:10 pm
::chuckle:: Now THERE'S a review I can trust . . .

D-Bomb
04-22-10, 6:11 pm
one day i will enjoy joking around with 7 pies a side for reps..lol great story haha..

Mr. Dead
04-22-10, 6:12 pm
Where am I...???

D-Bomb
04-22-10, 7:26 pm
Where am I...???

just relax..your in the Forvm, a lot of huge people congregate here.

rev8ball
04-23-10, 1:52 am
one day i will enjoy joking around with 7 pies a side for reps...

I used to do that, but the pies were Marie Callenders..... *burp*

rev8ball
06-17-10, 12:01 pm
I really need to get this thread going again. Sometimes, it really pisses me off that I only have 24 hrs in a day....

Okay, so what's been happening:

1. Saw Robin Hood week before last. Another great T boosting movie. I'll see A-Team next week. Look out new PRs!

2. Getting my new 6-25x56 scope for the sniper rifle that I got for my b-day....Yeah, I'm going loooooong distance. Should be able to go sight it out on Independence Day weekend. How appropriate. More T!!

3. Finishing up some research on the true effectiveness of NO products on healthy individuals. This one a lot of people may not like. But, hey, stirring up the shit is what I do best!

4. Trying to get out about 2 more weeks of my 5x5. Then, I will be off for a week volunteering for a summer youth camp that I run. Numbers are sitting pretty solid; happy with my progress. We'll see what happens by the time the O comes around.

And there ya have it (for now!)... More to come, I'm sure....

Mr. Dead
06-17-10, 12:14 pm
Nice!!! And, yes... You should update this more often, than once every 2 months... *LOL*

Mr. Dead
06-17-10, 12:15 pm
I really need to get this thread going again. Sometimes, it really pisses me off that I only have 24 hrs in a day....

Okay, so what's been happening:

1. Saw Robin Hood week before last. Another great T boosting movie. I'll see A-Team next week. Look out new PRs!

2. Getting my new 6-25x56 scope for the sniper rifle that I got for my b-day....Yeah, I'm going loooooong distance. Should be able to go sight it out on Independence Day weekend. How appropriate. More T!!

3. Finishing up some research on the true effectiveness of NO products on healthy individuals. This one a lot of people may not like. But, hey, stirring up the shit is what I do best!

4. Trying to get out about 2 more weeks of my 5x5. Then, I will be off for a week volunteering for a summer youth camp that I run. Numbers are sitting pretty solid; happy with my progress. We'll see what happens by the time the O comes around.

And there ya have it (for now!)... More to come, I'm sure....

*courtesy bump...*

rev8ball
06-17-10, 12:17 pm
LOL, ty D......

Beach91
06-17-10, 12:40 pm
The Ateam will def. crank up that Test, Ive seen every episode of the original TV run, and although the movie definitley isnt as good as the show(in my opinion), i still loved it and thought it kicked ass

rev8ball
06-17-10, 12:54 pm
Glad to see your still on here, bro. You making it out for the O again this year?

Beach91
06-17-10, 1:02 pm
Definitely Rev, Wouldnt miss it for the world

rev8ball
06-17-10, 1:07 pm
Definitely Rev, Wouldnt miss it for the world

Sweet. I still have your ph number; need to hit the gym again while you're here?

rev8ball
06-29-10, 11:42 am
Ugh, time to take a break. I've been running this 5x5 for about 10 weeks, and my body is starting to get pissed. I'm gonna finish up this week, take a week off for my camp, and come back the following week with a new program. I may go full steam in to an HRT regimen, since I may have found a training partner for it.... we'll see.

I'm going to document my last round of workouts for this program, so I can see where I'm at and where I need to go in the future. Haven't been able to do any legs (or deads, for that matter) these last few weeks, though, due to a glute/ham injury, but I'll hit them next go 'round.

Beach91
06-29-10, 1:23 pm
Sweet. I still have your ph number; need to hit the gym again while you're here?

Most definitely Rev, a vacation to Vegas would mean nothing to me without hitting some of the iron in Vegas! and it lets me hit a few more of the eaterys a lot harder too!

Mr. Dead
06-29-10, 1:25 pm
Definitely would be very interesting, to see how you do on a full run of HRT...

rev8ball
06-29-10, 6:14 pm
Back - Monday:

HS Rows: 540 (6 plates each side) 5x5
Wide grip iso-lateral pull downs: 200 4x6
HS high rows: 450 (5 plates each side): 5x5
One arm cable rows: 120 4x6
Narrow parallel grip pull downs: 180 4x6

rev8ball
06-29-10, 6:14 pm
Shoulders - Tuesday:

Seated military press: 315 5x5
Rope pulls to the face: 120 4x6
(superset with) Upright rows: 150 4x6
Shrugs: 405 5x5
DB lateral raises: 25 4x6
HS one armed shoulder press: 150 (full stack) each arm 4x6

rev8ball
06-29-10, 6:15 pm
Arms - Thursday:
(Left wrist has been kinda fucked lately, so bicep work is below normal)

HS Dips: 450 (5 plates each side): 5x5
HS preacher curls: 90 4x6
Close parallel grip bench: 235 5x5
(superset with) Incline DB curls: 35 4x6
Dips: BW + 45 4x6
Scott curls: 60 4x6
Rope pushdowns: 150 (full stack) 4x6, then burn out every 20 lbs, down to 60.
Machine curls: 150 4x6

rev8ball
06-29-10, 6:16 pm
Chest - Friday:

Incline bench: 365 5x5
Wide parallel grip flat bench (football bar): 250 5x5
Pec-dec flyes: 300 (full stack) 4x6
Machine bench press: 300 (full stack) 4x6
Machine bench press, parallel grip: 200 4x6

Firedrake
06-29-10, 8:36 pm
Seriously solid work, Rev -- messed up wrist or no.

I'll be real interested to see what you come up with next!

rev8ball
06-30-10, 1:56 pm
Definitely would be very interesting, to see how you do on a full run of HRT...

I'm interested, too. Looking forward to it, in a sick, twisted kinda way *evil scientist laugh*

Seriously solid work, Rev -- messed up wrist or no.

I'll be real interested to see what you come up with next!

Thanks, bro, but, yeah, that's how I roll...lol.... I do like to play guinea pig, but I don't make my athletes do anything I'm not willing to do myself. That way that way they can't bitch about it.

rev8ball
07-05-10, 12:33 am
Happy Independence Day everyone! Hope everyone has a great day blowing up things and eating a ton of BBQ!

I'm taking next week off from training as I attend the summer youth camp that I run. When I return, get ready for some more balls-to-the wall out-of-control shit!

See you then!

rev8ball
07-12-10, 6:50 pm
Got back Friday night from my summer camp for kids. Got some rest this weekend, and ready to start back at it today! Looking at starting my own cycle of HRT tonight, so we'll see if my new-found partner will stick around. I will post here on how everything goes....

Mr. Dead
07-12-10, 6:52 pm
Cool... Lookin' forward to seeing the madness...

rev8ball
07-12-10, 6:55 pm
Damn, D, you post fast!

Starting off my supp stack with the basics right now. Once I get back into the swing of things (next week), I'll start throwing more shit into the mix:

Genesis
Uni-liver
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
EAA Stack
Milk & Egg Protein

Mr. Dead
07-12-10, 6:56 pm
Sweet stack!!! Man, how I miss Genesis!!!

Mr. Dead
07-12-10, 6:56 pm
Damn, D, you post fast!

Starting off my supp stack with the basics right now. Once I get back into the swing of things (next week), I'll start throwing more shit into the mix:

Genesis
Uni-liver
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
EAA Stack
Milk & Egg Protein

*Courtesy Bump...*

rev8ball
07-12-10, 7:34 pm
Sweet stack!!! Man, how I miss Genesis!!!

Yeah, so do I. I bought a case of it when I found out they were discontinuing it....

rev8ball
07-13-10, 12:48 pm
Well, as I predicted, my so-called training partner backed out last night -Permanently! Didn't even get one work out together.

This is why I FUCKING HATE TRAINING PARTNERS!!!!

Haven't had one in about 15 years, and this is why. ANYWHOOOO.........

Had to adjust my training routine on the spot. Still had a decent workout. Gonna spend some time today reorganizing my regimen so I can start hitting it again.

Last night, did super sets of Back and Triceps, a 4x6 schedule with about a 2-1-4 tempo. We'll see what happens....

Mr. Dead
07-13-10, 2:01 pm
Well, as I predicted, my so-called training partner backed out last night -Permanently! Didn't even get one work out together.

This is why I FUCKING HATE TRAINING PARTNERS!!!!

Haven't had one in about 15 years, and this is why. ANYWHOOOO.........

Had to adjust my training routine on the spot. Still had a decent workout. Gonna spend some time today reorganizing my regimen so I can start hitting it again.

Last night, did super sets of Back and Triceps, a 4x6 schedule with about a 2-1-4 tempo. We'll see what happens....

That sucks... Are you going to do a run of the solo HRT...???

rev8ball
07-15-10, 11:21 am
That sucks... Are you going to do a run of the solo HRT...???

Maybe; gotta see what will work for me. May take the solo HRT and tweak it a bit. I'll let everyone know when I do....

Mr. Dead
07-15-10, 11:27 am
Maybe; gotta see what will work for me. May take the solo HRT and tweak it a bit. I'll let everyone know when I do....

Definitely let us know!!! I'm runnin' the solo HRT, currently... The pain is exquisite... *LOL*

rev8ball
07-15-10, 11:28 am
Ran shoulders last night. Still feeling pretty strong, even after last week up in the mountains.

Military press
Reverse Pec Deck
Upright rows
Shrugs

4x6 again, with 2-1-2 on the press, and 2-2-4 on the rest.

Went and finally saw the A-Team last night - been trying for a freakin' month! Def a fun movie, and a great T booster.

rev8ball
07-20-10, 12:18 pm
Forgot to log Friday's chest/bicep workout....oh well....

Last night - back and triceps. Took HRT solo and cranked it up a notch. Been doing this for so long, body is used to a little more torture.

For a working sets, did 70% for 2x8+4, then bumped it up to 80% and did another 2x8. Worked well....REALLY emptied the tank. May try reversing the order tomorrow, kinda toy around to see which kicks me in the nuts better, so to speak....

Mr. Dead
07-20-10, 12:20 pm
Nice!!! Experimentation, FTW!!!

J-Dawg
07-20-10, 12:23 pm
Ran shoulders last night. Still feeling pretty strong, even after last week up in the mountains.

Military press
Reverse Pec Deck
Upright rows
Shrugs

4x6 again, with 2-1-2 on the press, and 2-2-4 on the rest.

Went and finally saw the A-Team last night - been trying for a freakin' month! Def a fun movie, and a great T booster.

Forgot to log Friday's chest/bicep workout....oh well....

Last night - back and triceps. Took HRT solo and cranked it up a notch. Been doing this for so long, body is used to a little more torture.

For a working sets, did 70% for 2x8+4, then bumped it up to 80% and did another 2x8. Worked well....REALLY emptied the tank. May try reversing the order tomorrow, kinda toy around to see which kicks me in the nuts better, so to speak....

Very strong work being done in here Rev.

rev8ball
07-20-10, 12:28 pm
Nice!!! Experimentation, FTW!!!

I'm not sure if it's FTW yet, but give me some time....lol

Very strong work being done in here Rev.

Thanks, J. But, trust me, I feel it....lol

rev8ball
07-22-10, 3:17 pm
Shoulders last night. Did a similar rep scheme (2x8+4 70% 1RM, followed by 2x8 80% 1RM)...

Military press
Upright rows
Rear delts (pec dec)

Then did shrugs: 3x8 85% 1RM, then 2x8 80%. Don't like trying HRT on shrugs; too small of a ROM for me...

Overall, felt great!

Mr. Dead
07-22-10, 3:31 pm
Shoulders last night. Did a similar rep scheme (2x8+4 70% 1RM, followed by 2x8 80% 1RM)...

Military press
Upright rows
Rear delts (pec dec)

Then did shrugs: 3x8 85% 1RM, then 2x8 80%. Don't like trying HRT on shrugs; too small of a ROM for me...

Overall, felt great!

Nice!!!

Mr. Dead
08-06-10, 2:36 pm
Anything goin' on, in here...???

Mr. Dead
08-10-10, 11:33 am
I KNOW you've done more workouts, than the last one on the 22nd of July... *LOL*

Beach91
08-10-10, 12:57 pm
I KNOW you've done more workouts, than the last one on the 22nd of July... *LOL*

X2, lets see the damage Rev! bring the pain

rev8ball
08-11-10, 11:03 am

X2, lets see the damage Rev! bring the pain

Oh don't you worry...... the madness continues! Thanks, bros, for keeping me honest...

I'm tearing up the gym regularly; I just didn't want to keep posting the same thing each week, until there was a major change. Pounds have been increasing nicely, intensity is staying high. The only problem is that I've dropped a few pounds in bodyweight, so I am increasing my kCals.

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 11:09 am
Hey Rev. Ill be out in Vegas the 26th-29th for my sisters fiancées bachelor party. Staying at the Excalibur, got a pretty good deal. We are prob gonna hit up the Brazilian BBQ one night, but the rest will prob be whatever. Any suggestions on anything? Food and/or entertainment?

rev8ball
08-11-10, 11:12 am
Hey Rev. Ill be out in Vegas the 26th-29th for my sisters fiancées bachelor party. Staying at the Excalibur, got a pretty good deal. We are prob gonna hit up the Brazilian BBQ one night, but the rest will prob be whatever. Any suggestions on anything? Food and/or entertainment?

Sweet! Looking for anything in particular? Are you guys gonna have a rental car?

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 11:18 am
Sweet! Looking for anything in particular? Are you guys gonna have a rental car?

No rental car, hopefully things that are close on the strip, but we will take a Taxi if there is something really worth doing.

rev8ball
08-11-10, 11:36 am
No rental car, hopefully things that are close on the strip, but we will take a Taxi if there is something really worth doing.

Many of the resorts have daytime pool parties that are completely off the hook, and about half of them are in the European style....

The Stratosphere has several attractions, including the new Sky Jump, which is this stupid new "ride" where you jump off the top and free-fall to the ground.

Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I am NOT a musical/stage production-type person, but this show is unbelieveable!!!!

Anything you looking for in particular?

C.Coronato
08-12-10, 12:48 pm
I wouldnt mind jumping lol. But no nothing really in particular, just seeing if you had any ideas!

rev8ball
08-19-10, 2:58 am
Okay, so HOLY SHIT!

I just got back from seeing The Expendables..... seriously, major TEST producing shit right there. Dear god, I cannot believe what they crammed into an hour and 45 mins. I wanted to run through fucking walls after seeing it.

Go see this, and then hit the gym. If you don't pack on slabs of muscle as a result, hang up your lifting belt and take up knitting - there is no hope for you......

rev8ball
08-24-10, 11:12 am
Dear God, what a stupid back/tricep workout last night. I am in so much freakin' pain this morning. Still running my modified solo HRT, but DAMN, this is insane. I trained so hard that I had a dream last night (maybe nightmare is more appropriate!) about hanging out at the CAGE at the Olympia prior to the expo opening up to the public.

Wow, I really need a fucking life.......

Mr. Dead
08-24-10, 1:47 pm
*LOL* That's some great and twisted stuff, right there!!!

rev8ball
08-27-10, 12:44 pm
*grumble grumble*

My doc told me that I have to take a full week off of any training and supplements in order to get some tests done. She doesn't want any of the results skewed.

BLEH!

Mr. Dead
08-27-10, 12:45 pm
*grumble grumble*

My doc told me that I have to take a full week off of any training and supplements in order to get some tests done. She doesn't want any of the results skewed.

BLEH!

Not good...

rev8ball
10-05-10, 2:51 pm
Took about a week and a half off around the O, but got back to it last night. Starting a foundational strength routine; will move into more specialized after several weeks; and then may hit a cycle of HRT leading into the Arnold.

Last night:

Squats
RDLs
Bulgarian squats
Calf raises
Leg extensions
Leg curls

Stretch, ice, food, bed....

Firedrake
10-06-10, 2:30 am
Very nice -- I need to do more stretching, I know.

rev8ball
10-07-10, 11:33 am
Very nice -- I need to do more stretching, I know.

That combo post workout makes a difference, believe me....

rev8ball
10-07-10, 11:34 am
Last night:

Flat bench
Incline Bench
Pullovers
Military press
Scott curls
Preacher curls

Mr. Dead
10-07-10, 11:35 am
Nice!!! Glad to see some activity back in here... *LOL*

rev8ball
10-07-10, 11:36 am
Nice!!! Glad to see some activity back in here... *LOL*

Har har.....

rev8ball
10-09-10, 3:33 am
Deadlifts
Rows
Lat pull downs
Rear delts
Close parallel grip bench
Floor skull crushers

Time for bed.....

rev8ball
11-03-10, 12:08 pm
So, I didn't get to post this past weekend, but had to get this in my journal.

Last Friday, I do my Deads program, going for multiple reps. So, that got my Test moving pretty good. I then head off to a concert at the Hard Rock Hotel - Drowning Pool, Five Finger Death Punch, and Godsmack. Holy shit. After the show, my Test is screaming off the charts! I told my friends that I felt like a fucking Viking! After a few puzzeled looks, I told them that I was ready to throw on animal skins and a big-ass helmet with horns and start pillaging and plundering some villages! I felt like fucking, hunting, and eating, all at the same time, and not necessarily in that order. Probably could have hit several new PRs all in a row, and then some. Take me home before I get myself in trouble.....

Beach91
11-03-10, 10:55 pm
So, I didn't get to post this past weekend, but had to get this in my journal.

Last Friday, I do my Deads program, going for multiple reps. So, that got my Test moving pretty good. I then head off to a concert at the Hard Rock Hotel - Drowning Pool, Five Finger Death Punch, and Godsmack. Holy shit. After the show, my Test is screaming off the charts! I told my friends that I felt like a fucking Viking! After a few puzzeled looks, I told them that I was ready to throw on animal skins and a big-ass helmet with horns and start pillaging and plundering some villages! I felt like fucking, hunting, and eating, all at the same time, and not necessarily in that order. Probably could have hit several new PRs all in a row, and then some. Take me home before I get myself in trouble.....

I cant believe all those bands on one bill, nuts man, i woulda killed to see that, Godsmack played the city here over the summer and right after i hit up an all nite gym to do an impromptu back session so I know exactly what u mean on the Viking comment!

rev8ball
12-28-10, 11:05 am
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and hope you have a great New Year.

Haven't posted in my Journey for awhile because I have some MAJOR shit going on right now - all good stuff, though. Hang in tight, and I will let everyone know in a bit.

This is gonna be AWESOME.......

Mr. Dead
12-28-10, 11:43 am
Hey...!!! You're alive....!!! *LOL*

rev8ball
02-15-11, 8:55 pm
Wow, can't believe it has been so long since I have posted in here. Getting my new place up and running has definitely taken it's toll, but I'm still lifting in the middle of all the chaos!

Let's just put down an update of what I've been doing going into the Arnold:

Today - Back & triceps

Deadlifts
Rack pulls
Land mine
Floor skull crushers
Lat pull downs
Close grip bench
Cable rows
Tire flips
Cable rope extensions

Hercules
02-15-11, 10:00 pm
Good to see you're still making time for yourself. I wish you all the best with your new facility - it looks AMAZING! Great job! If you need a research/test subject just let me know... ;)

rev8ball
02-16-11, 10:25 am
Good to see you're still making time for yourself. I wish you all the best with your new facility - it looks AMAZING! Great job! If you need a research/test subject just let me know... ;)

Thanks, bro, I appreciate it. It has been nuckin' futs, but it is kinda fun, in a twisted way!

Be careful what you ask for - you may get it.....LOL

Mr. Dead
02-16-11, 4:18 pm
Wow, can't believe it has been so long since I have posted in here. Getting my new place up and running has definitely taken it's toll, but I'm still lifting in the middle of all the chaos!

Let's just put down an update of what I've been doing going into the Arnold:

Today - Back & triceps

Deadlifts
Rack pulls
Land mine
Floor skull crushers
Lat pull downs
Close grip bench
Cable rows
Tire flips
Cable rope extensions

Meh... Excuses, excuses... You were home, on the couch, watchin' soaps, and eatin' bon bons... *LOL*

rev8ball
02-16-11, 5:04 pm
Meh... Excuses, excuses... You were home, on the couch, watchin' soaps, and eatin' pop tarts... *LOL*

****Corrected......

rev8ball
02-25-11, 5:34 pm
Shoulders

Miltary Press
Cable rope pulls to face
Log presses
Upright rows
Lateral raises
Arnold presses

rev8ball
03-22-11, 10:21 am
Figure I'd keep throwing some of my current workouts every so often so you guys realize I still have a pulse:

Two hand land mine rows
One hand land mine rows
Stones
Lying floor tricep extensions
Cable rows
Lying floor tricep presses
Tire flips
Tricep rope extensions to failure

Right lower lat was hurting a bit, so I couldn't do chins or pulls downs. Didn't hurt on anythnig else.

rev8ball
03-23-11, 5:33 pm
Nice shoulder day:

Military press
To the face cable rope pulls
Log lifts
Upright rows
Lateral raises

rev8ball
04-07-11, 10:29 am
So, I've taken almost a week off from lifting (not by choice, dammit) due to travel, business, etc., but I was able to hit it last night. However, I did something I didn't realize that I did until after I was done, if that makes any sense.

Yesterday was a heavy pulling day, and I decided to incorporate some tire flips into it. It seemed heavier than normal, but I got a little pissed at myself for whining, and continued. Afterwards, one of my clients, whom I have trained for strongman comp, stopped by my place. We're out in the workout area bullshitting when he asks why the tires are out of order? What the fuck does that mean? I normally have then lined up lightest to heaviest, left to right. Well, the last time he flipped 2 days ago, he accidently put them in backwards. Me, being a dumbass and not paying attention to the markings only the order of the tires, was inadvertently flipping the heaviest tire without even realizing it!

No wonder I'm so fucking exhausted......

rev8ball
04-16-11, 2:44 am
Just as a side note:

I decided to throw in a log press today with my workout. Don't know why; not originally part of my regimen, but just got a wild hair to do it. Ended putting up 250 log press for 3 reps, and that was after 315 incline bench 2x8 and being short a few meals.

Not too shabby......

Hercules
04-16-11, 8:50 am
Nice work. I love log presses. We have a gym here in town that has 2 logs (and Atlas stones, and farmers' walk bars, and a yoke, and all sorts of other awesome torture devices). Wish I could train there more often.

Just noticed the new quote in your signature: "Who is John Galt?" Can't wait to see that movie. I've heard the book is amazing.

rev8ball
04-18-11, 12:13 pm
Nice work. I love log presses. We have a gym here in town that has 2 logs (and Atlas stones, and farmers' walk bars, and a yoke, and all sorts of other awesome torture devices). Wish I could train there more often.

Just noticed the new quote in your signature: "Who is John Galt?" Can't wait to see that movie. I've heard the book is amazing.

Thanks, J. Yeah, we have all of that stuff and more. Now, I just need to find the time to personally use it!......lol

I first read the book about 20 years ago and loved it then. I saw the movie this past Friday night and it was fantastic. They did a very good job translating it from paper to screen, at least the first couple of hundred pages. I highly recommend it!

Bruiser
04-18-11, 12:59 pm
Damn Rev... you gotta post some pics of that torture chamber you're talking about!!

rev8ball
04-18-11, 1:02 pm
Damn Rev... you gotta post some pics of that torture chamber you're talking about!!

Waiting on getting some brand new equipment delivered next week (Monster Shit!), so I will do so after everything is set up and reorganized..... YEAH!!

rev8ball
04-19-11, 8:44 pm
Back squats
RDLs
Yoke carry: 80 ft.
Yoke drag: 80 ft.
Keg carry: 80 ft.
Lunges

Ass kicked........

Firedrake
04-20-11, 5:11 pm
Nice! What was on the yoke, and how heavy was the keg.

BTW, I hope you'll be pleased to know that I have now finally gotten back to real squats. I can only use 95 before my form degrades, but it's just starting. It's frustrating, but I know this is what I need to do to get my legs to grow.

rev8ball
04-22-11, 10:47 am
Nice! What was on the yoke, and how heavy was the keg.

BTW, I hope you'll be pleased to know that I have now finally gotten back to real squats. I can only use 95 before my form degrades, but it's just starting. It's frustrating, but I know this is what I need to do to get my legs to grow.

I'm glad you're able to get back to squats. Baby steps, bro, and you'll get back there. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Yoke: 360 for the carry, 380 for the drag. Keg was only 100. First time through for both in a loooooong time, so both will be going up next week...

rev8ball
04-22-11, 10:49 am
Incline bench press
Log press
High pulls
Jammer
Military press
Standing DB curls

Ready to vomit......

BigAnt
04-22-11, 3:18 pm
What's going on how has Vegas been....

rev8ball
04-27-11, 9:12 pm
What's going on how has Vegas been....

Bro! I just saw this post! How in the hell have you been? Glad to see you back online. Hope things are going okay.
Vegas is awesome, as usual. Opened up my own research and training facility; if you make it out for the O, you'll need to stop by.

Good to hear from you, BA. Stay in touch.....

rev8ball
04-27-11, 9:14 pm
Great leg day today, even though I started out feeling pretty shitty.....

Yoke carry
Yoke drag
(up'd the weight on both, though lost a little distance)

Back squats
RDLs
Farmer walks
s/s with stone carry
Step ups

rev8ball
05-03-11, 10:17 am
So this past Saturday, I hosted a fund raiser at my facility for the youth camp that I run every summer. One of the people that volunteered to come out was Nick Best, the 6th strongest man in the world. We had a great time, and the kids loved it. However, his wife, Callie, issued me a challenge. They were talking about getting a Sin City Strongman t-shirt, and I told her that if they do, I'd buy one. She asked how many times I had flipped the big tire that I have at my facility (800 lbs). I've been using the smaller ones, but, last month, I flipped it 3 times. She said, and I quote, "Flip it 5 times, and we'll talk." DOH! I know she was being a smart ass, but the gaunlet had been thrown. So, yesterday, I pulled that tire out.

Issue me a challenge, and I'll either do it, or die trying. So, I took that 800 lbs tire and flipped it SIX times! The first 5 were in less than 30 secs, waited another 30, and flipped it the sixth.

Now, where's my shirt?

JUGGERNAUT
05-03-11, 10:29 am
5 and then some

Nice work man

rev8ball
05-03-11, 10:46 am
5 and then some

Nice work man

LOL.... "and then some." I remember how and when that was created..... MOO!

Thanks, bro.....

rev8ball
05-05-11, 10:16 am
Last night was pressing day. Was having trouble yesterday holding on to anything even remotely heavy because my forearms were still killing me from the tire flips, I think, or maybe I just whack off too much (there - beat you smart asses to the punch).

Incline bench press
Seated military press off the rack
Medicine ball throws
Jammer press

Left out log presses and high pulls since I couldn't hold on to the weight.

One of the strongmen athletes that I train decided to work out with me and my routine. He outweighs me by 80+ lbs, and I was happy that, even with my arms killing me, I was still able to keep up with him.

Big Mac
05-05-11, 10:37 am
Good stuff in here Rev. I like seeing the strongman stuff bein thrown in the mix. 800 tire for 6 reps is no joke either!

rev8ball
05-05-11, 10:50 am
Good stuff in here Rev. I like seeing the strongman stuff bein thrown in the mix. 800 tire for 6 reps is no joke either!

Thanks, bro. Trying to have a little fun while busting my ass....
And, trust me, my body is still telling me that it ain't no joke!.......lol

Bruiser
05-05-11, 10:58 am
Awesome pressing day, and way to keep up with the strongmen. You gotta love that!

rev8ball
05-05-11, 12:14 pm
Awesome pressing day, and way to keep up with the strongmen. You gotta love that!

Thanks, bro. And I gotta keep the respect of my athletes!

rev8ball
05-12-11, 10:12 am
Yoke carry (540 lbs) x3
Hand over hand truck pull: 50' rope
- 1 set w/Ford Explorer
- 2 sets w/ 4 door Dodge pickup
Squats
RDLs
Weighted Step ups
Plyo jumps (36")

Someone shoot me......

JUGGERNAUT
05-12-11, 10:28 am
Yoke carry (540 lbs) x3
Hand over hand truck pull: 50' rope
- 1 set w/Ford Explorer
- 2 sets w/ 4 door Dodge pickup
Squats
RDLs
Weighted Step ups
Plyo jumps (36")

Someone shoot me......

I call epic fail here...you did not pull any oceanliners jeez....

Rest up on this one big man, that was nuts

rev8ball
05-12-11, 11:46 am
I call epic fail here...you did not pull any oceanliners jeez....

Rest up on this one big man, that was nuts

Thanks for the props, bro. I'm feeling pretty happy about it, esp since I had that damn birthday this past Monday.

But there's no rest for the weary. I'm taking Friday off from my pressing day, but only because I got a strength demo this Saturday for a group of kids.

JUGGERNAUT
05-12-11, 11:53 am
Thanks for the props, bro. I'm feeling pretty happy about it, esp since I had that damn birthday this past Monday.

But there's no rest for the weary. I'm taking Friday off from my pressing day, but only because I got a strength demo this Saturday for a group of kids.

great work you are doing buddy.

rev8ball
05-20-11, 10:11 am
Finally was able to hit it again after having to take some time off for non-workout related injuries. Felt like major weak-sauce, but, hey, at least I got in:

Incline bench press
Log press
Jammer
Military press

Left out high pulls and medicine ball throws until I'm feeling closer to 100%.....

rev8ball
05-21-11, 7:54 pm
Tire flips
Landmine rows
From the floor skull crushers
Cable rows
FB bar presses
Pull downs
Rope Extensions

Something not quite right again today after tires, so I left out deads, and put in some cable movements. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal by next week....

Big Wides
05-23-11, 9:31 am
thinking i need to head out to vegas and train with rev, he seems to have some nice toys to play with....damn good workouts

rev8ball
05-23-11, 10:28 am
thinking i need to head out to vegas and train with rev, he seems to have some nice toys to play with....damn good workouts

That'd be awesome, bro.
Got some nice toys, and getting some more soon.....

rev8ball
05-24-11, 11:55 am
Back squats
Forward tire drags
RDLs
Backward tire drags
Split leg plylo jump-ups

rev8ball
06-09-11, 10:23 am
Had to take the last few weeks off due to another non-training injury.... AGAIN!
Oh well, got back to it yesterday - not too bad...

Incline bench
Log press
Keg press
Jammer

rev8ball
06-16-11, 10:41 am
Pressing day again. As I recover, able to do a bit more. In fact, hit a log weight that I haven't tried in about 2 months:

Incline bench
Log press
Keg press
Flat bench
Off the racks military
Jammer

Gonna try to get a pulling day in tomorrow. See what happens......

rev8ball
10-19-11, 12:58 pm
Tore it up last night. Not just with the lifting, either.

Went to the Orleans Hotel & Casino where they were holding an Oktoberfest buffet! Holy shit, I had to have dropped about 3000 kCals: a huge variety of brats, pretzels, spaetzel, saurbraten, red cabbage, schnitzel, etc, etc.!!

Fuck, just roll me home.....

J-Dawg
10-19-11, 1:08 pm
Tore it up last night. Not just with the lifting, either.

Went to the Orleans Hotel & Casino where they were holding an Oktoberfest buffet! Holy shit, I had to have dropped about 3000 kCals: a huge variety of brats, pretzels, spaetzel, saurbraten, red cabbage, schnitzel, etc, etc.!!

Fuck, just roll me home.....

That sounds like a heck of a buffet--A lot of good German eats!

rev8ball
03-20-12, 11:33 am
Been too long since I posted in here. Still been hitting it pretty hard and regularly, but nothing too new to write home about. That kinda changes now. Started a new program last week; incorporating a few different things. See how it goes....

Back squats
RDLs
Tire drags
Rack squats
Hydraulic squats (speed)

rev8ball
03-23-12, 12:03 am
I rolled a nerve/tendon in my left palm the other day, so I had to restrict any pushing movements:

Incline bench
Incline bench for positives
Standing military press
Seated military press for positives
Medicine ball throws
Keg press
Rope tricep extensions

rev8ball
03-26-12, 9:50 am
Forgot to log in Friday's pull day:

Deadlifts
Pull ups
Landmine rows (postives)
Overhead throws (speed)
Tire flips
Bicep curls

JUGGERNAUT
03-26-12, 10:25 am
lamdmine rows? Sounds explosive

Mr. Dead
03-26-12, 6:35 pm
*Hack... Cough... Cough...* Holy crap...!!! Somebody dusted in here...!!! *LOL*

rev8ball
03-27-12, 11:06 am
lamdmine rows? Sounds explosive

Actually, now that you mentioned it, the way I do them, they kinda are!

rev8ball
03-27-12, 11:07 am
*Hack... Cough... Cough...* Holy crap...!!! Somebody dusted in here...!!! *LOL*

Har har har....

Yeah, and I'm gonna use you as the Swifter Dust Mop!............lol

JUGGERNAUT
03-27-12, 11:26 am
Har har har....

Yeah, and I'm gonna use you as the Swifter Dust Mop!............lol

Video please

Mr. Dead
03-27-12, 11:33 am