PDA

View Full Version : Animal Training Routine #6

r-ace-f
01-13-08, 3:54 am
Hey guys, I'm following the Training Routine 6 that I found on the in the training section on the Animal site. One Monday it's chest and biceps, Tuesday legs, Wednesday off, Thursday back, Friday off, Saturday shoulders and triceps and Sunday off.

Now I go home on Fridays (away from my gym), so I was wondering whether I could the shoulder and tricep workout on the Friday instead of the Saturday. Do you think that might be a problem. The only problem I can see is that maybe some of the shoulder muscles gets worked indirectly on the back day on Thursday?

Well anyway, here's the workout and I'll appreciate any help. Thank you

training routine #6
CYCLE: Four Day Split, Three Days Off

LEVEL: Intermediate
GOAL: Muscle Size

Monday: Chest/Biceps

Chest
• Bench Presses: 3 Warmup Sets
• Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Flyes: 3 Sets

Biceps:
• Barbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Concentration Curls: 3 Sets

Tuesday: Legs

• Stationary bike, 10 minutes, warm up

Hamstrings
• Seated Leg Curls: 3 Sets
• Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• One-Leg Leg Curls: 3 Sets

Quads: 9 Sets
• Squats: 3 Sets
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets
• Leg Extensions: 3 Sets

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday:

Back: 18 Sets
• Pullups: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Barbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Seated Rows: 3 Sets
• One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• Barbell Shrugs: 3 Sets

Friday: OFF

Saturday:
Shoulders: 12 Sets
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Front Barbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Bent-Over Dumbbell Laterals: 3 Sets

Triceps: 9 Sets
• Cable Pushdowns ("V" Bar): 3 Sets
• Close-Grip Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Overhead Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets

Sunday: OFF

Brute Strength
01-13-08, 8:55 am
im sure it would be ok, as long as u get 2 days rest between bodyparts, or if u feel comfortable doing it and thats the only time u can lift then it should be ok

priority
01-13-08, 1:42 pm
its fine bro, the main point is getting the rest days in during the week. Shouldnt make much difference

LeeMc
01-13-08, 2:54 pm
Back is pull..Shoulder is push.

No problems

DreamZero
01-13-08, 3:36 pm
Back is pull..Shoulder is push.

No problems

x2

I wouldn't be worried much about how close back and delts day are.. It would be a different story with chest and delts for me, since stupid form left me with a weakness in the anterior and lateral heads of the delts.. You know your body more than us bro, if you feel your posterior head can take it, go ahead!

Good luck!

r-ace-f
01-13-08, 3:47 pm
thanks guys.it makes things a lot easier for me

Fleadom4all
02-10-10, 10:11 pm
I've been on training routine #6 on animals site for a long time now, and I do MON:chest/bis, TUES:Legs, WED:off, THURS:Back, FRI: off, SAT:delts,tris, and sunday off. If I did my tris and delts on friday instead of saturday would that be nonproductive being the day after my back day or no?

zubda345
02-11-10, 3:56 am
I don't think it'll be a problem but. untill U make ur workout in a right manner/Que. e.g. triceps then biceps then the exercise which does't make ur same muscles i.e BICEPS OR TRICEPS to exert force in some other direction!

Now can U suggest me some fat loss exercises I m 17 5feet 5intches weight 171lb/78kg....

I really gotta lose fat as it doesn't make my muscles be seen!

Fleadom4all
02-11-10, 1:22 pm
Honestly its all about calories in versus calories out and plenty of cardio. The best thing for me when I was losing weight was early morning cardio on an empty stomach. And as far as exercises, high rep and low to moderate weight will help burn more calories than really build mass.

zubda345
02-12-10, 11:01 am
ok Bro thanks, I was looking forward to do that but I couldn't take out any time, and am still pissed off in studies!!

VANDAL340
05-30-10, 3:53 pm
I know that this is old shit, but I'm disappointed here... why only few people are using this great routine!? this is absolutely the best routine from all of animal's splits.

Vinny did this in his way, so absolutely old-schooled and simple to change in own way. I'm using it from about 2 years now, of course with some modifications, but it always give me my goals.

when I'm training for strength I simple do 3 sets of each exercise and ramp the weight to 5 reps, when I'm on reduction I do 3 straight sets, and when I'm building mass I simple pyramid the weight.

Of course everything in - 18 sets for back&legs, 12 set for delts&chest, 9 sets of biceps&triceps - scheme. So newb got some rules that keep them on the road, save from overtraining and give them symmetrical body at the end.

So it is great as a beginning routine, as fundamentals for everyone!!! thanks Vinny!

just my 0,02 $