PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Inspirational/Motivational Quote

Pages : [1] 2

DamienBushido
01-17-07, 12:55 pm
Yo wuts up guys? I'm looking for your favorite inspiration quotes. My personal quote is from the poem IF by Kipling:

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And-which is more-you'll be a Man, my son!"

http://freedomlaw.com/IFKiplng.html

ghost
01-17-07, 1:46 pm
i love this quote by H L Menken..

Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag...and begin slitting throats.

jeffahammer
01-17-07, 2:00 pm
My favorite quote would have to be Jim Kelly in "Enter the Dragon"- " When defeat comes I won't even notice, I'll be too busy looking good"

IRBS
01-17-07, 2:06 pm
"Ductus Exemplo"

Latin for Lead by Example

bharatoza
01-17-07, 2:39 pm
Rocky Balboa quotes; the ones in my sig.

GrizzlyLB
01-17-07, 3:08 pm
"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is
always two hundred pounds."

Henry Rollins

gsb239
01-17-07, 4:03 pm
"I am coming day and night!"

RowdyRobby
01-17-07, 4:12 pm
The day you miss a workout, the guy your competing against will have the best workout of his life. Ground you can never make up.

-Dave Draper

DamienBushido
01-17-07, 4:14 pm

Who said this?

karmazon
01-17-07, 4:20 pm
Who said this?

Arnold, haha.

I have a lot of quotes saved, here's some of them.

Each of us should do something every day
That we do not want to do
But we know we should do
To strengthen our backbone
And put iron in our soul.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it";
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he'd begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That "cannot be done," and you'll do it.

What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.

Down the road, in a gym far away
A young man was heard to say,
No matter what I do, my legs wont grow!
He tried leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses too.
Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts hed do!
From the corner of the gym where the big guys train,
Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain,
Where the big iron rides high, and threaten lives,
Where the noise is made with big forty-fives,
A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees,
A very big man with legs like trees,
Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack,
Chalked his hands and monstrous back,
Said, Boy, stop lying and dont say youve forgotten!
Trouble with you is you aint been SQUATTIN!

goody19
01-17-07, 4:22 pm
Who said this?

Arnlod in PUMPING IRON

Bulldozin727
01-17-07, 4:23 pm
My sigs are my two favorites. This one from G has been a favorite of mine for a while. It really conveys not taking anything for granted, especially life. The second is from 2pac's "Ghetto Gospel". It has always just struck a chord with me.

TheNaturalG
01-17-07, 4:44 pm
The quote about impossible and possible in my sig.

Hatred
01-17-07, 4:51 pm
"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is

Henry Rollins

His article was one of the best I've read.

GoldieLocks
01-17-07, 4:56 pm
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

The above speech by Nelson Mandela

GADO
01-17-07, 7:26 pm
Your weakness only adds to my strength.

IntensityJT
01-17-07, 7:33 pm
Pain is weakness leaving the body

Barron
01-17-07, 7:44 pm
One of my favorite quotes is "Work hard, play harder... cuz tomorrow ain’t promised and today is only getting shorter."

I just kinda reworded something that was written on this site.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but if you (not necessarily you who posted this thread, but anyone in general) want motivating quotes or something like that you're looking for the wrong motivation. I you're going to push the limits and become more than what nature has intended for you, that motivation needs to come from within.

But, i know that every now and then we need a little kick in the ass to get goin... bro, read this webiste that you're on right now... from the Livin' section, to the Journey, and the Diary of a Madman... They're some of the most inspiring things ive ever read, i know, ive honestly read EVERYTHING on this website. Ive even read The Journey twice. Much can be learned from these guys. And it may just be the motivation you need.

TYEster
01-17-07, 7:50 pm

Henry Rollins

+1

IMBACK
01-17-07, 8:54 pm
"For all the doubters who said it couldn't be done, I hope you can see my middle finger from the stage when I'm posing at 265 ripped to the bone, with a chip on both shoulders."

"I dont care if I die as long as they have to bury in a big F***IN
box."

Both from Machine the man truely responsible for motivation in the Gym. To meet him in person at the Arnold was a very inspiring experience. I look forward to his articles and the classic every year. Strength and Honor

jermaine
01-17-07, 9:52 pm
'When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.' - Alexander Graham Bell

waugie14
01-17-07, 11:37 pm
was just about to write the first one, fuckin awesome movie.

Rocky Balboa quotes; the ones in my sig.

Scans
01-18-07, 12:49 am
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

propstm
01-18-07, 2:16 am
Check my sig.

Oscar Wilde, and Mr. G Diesel

usafpimp85
01-18-07, 8:52 am
what does not kill you, will only make you stronger

cjjanik
01-18-07, 8:57 am
Fortune from the movie "Rudy" played by Charles S. Dutton

"In this life time you don't have to prove nothing to nobody except yourself and after what you gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it aint gonna never happen!"

CJ

ryan o'neal
01-18-07, 9:30 am
"NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD". -White Goodman (dodgeball)

determined
01-18-07, 9:55 am
I want to find my gentic potential.........then beat the fuck out of it.

thatoneguy
01-18-07, 10:01 am
Itsnot How Much Ou Can Lift.....its How Much You Look Like You Can Lift

ct italian 1
01-18-07, 10:03 am
subscribed.
I'll post some up after when I get out of exams.

ldskenpo
01-18-07, 10:35 am
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
President Theodore Roosevelt, 23 APR 1910

DamienBushido
01-18-07, 11:32 am
Fortune from the movie "Rudy" played by Charles S. Dutton

"In this life time you don't have to prove nothing to nobody except yourself and after what you gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it aint gonna never happen!"

CJ

I love this quote and this movie. Great call.

STRAIGHTJACKET
01-18-07, 12:04 pm
"May God Have Mercy Upon My Enemies, Because I Wont.."

Mule83
01-18-07, 12:37 pm
If you ever dream of beating me you better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali

gsb239
01-18-07, 12:54 pm
"To be the best, you've got to train to beat the best" - Johnnie Jackson

BuffLove1
01-18-07, 3:40 pm
One of my favorites is one that I saw in someone's sig on here...
"If we're fighting for money, I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we're fighting for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it."
Rickson Gracie

wedge
01-18-07, 7:07 pm
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

Big Byrd
01-18-07, 7:43 pm
to favs are

"Follow your dreams, but dont let your life become one." That one really hits home for me.

the other is from my favorite tv show, Monk: "If im not the best, what am I? I just a man who is afraid of everything.... and touches telephone poles."

moonboy10
01-18-07, 8:25 pm
"Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds"
-Napoleon Hill

LOFT
01-18-07, 9:17 pm
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
Napoleon Hill

bigmack712004
01-19-07, 12:13 am
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision" -Muhammad Ali

Maccabee
01-19-07, 12:37 am
I got no idea who said this or even if it was said by someone from Animalpak.com but my fav quote is
"Your born weak, you die weak, but what you do in the middle is up to you"
Cause many people go by life never accomplishing anything, but is we the Animals who day in and out are beating records, setting new goals, building discipline, and arent afraid to challenge anything. That is why its an honor to be apart of such an elite breed.

ghost
01-20-07, 12:41 am
no matter what happens in life....200 lbs is still 200 lbs.

"6"
01-20-07, 11:41 am
I got no idea who said this or even if it was said by someone from Animalpak.com but my fav quote is
Cause many people go by life never accomplishing anything, but is we the Animals who day in and out are beating records, setting new goals, building discipline, and arent afraid to challenge anything. That is why its an honor to be apart of such an elite breed.

That quote was in the Designer Whey ad.

"you're out of toilet paper but your counter is full of supplements"

Oftentimes in my apartment that is true. Lucky for me there's a grocery store near my place so things never get too nasty:-)

ghost
01-20-07, 7:06 pm
i have a great quote..but it isnt from the site..

Pain is an illusion

from Tool's Parabola. GREAT song to lift to.

napalm bomb
01-21-07, 10:39 pm
Courage isn't about being scared... It's about being terrified, but persevering anyways.

dtb004
01-22-07, 5:48 am
This isn't from Animal, but I heard this and it's a staple in which I live by.

"Look around... Is anyone in this gym training harder than you? If so, step the shit up now, if not train harder!"

kuzmin1
01-22-07, 7:34 pm
Times change People change but iron lasts forever

Wolverine
01-22-07, 10:44 pm
Who said this?

the austrian oak said this

Iron4Life
01-22-07, 10:52 pm
Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on." Arnold Schwarzenegger

Iron4Life
01-22-07, 10:53 pm
"I will prepare and some day my chance will come." Abraham Lincoln

MELTDOWN
01-22-07, 10:59 pm
"My only idol in this realm is the motherf%#king man in the mirror and even he has to prove himself on a daily basis." (G Diesel)

My life quote is my sig............

karthik
01-23-07, 1:25 am
"One is not fit to live if one cannot deadlift." Jon Paul Sigmorrson 4 time world strongest man.

J.a.H.pocalypse
01-28-07, 2:34 pm
whats up every one,my name is joe and since this is my first post i wanted to make it a little special here is a collection of some quotes i have gathered.
this is the one i love the most:

Let them hate , so long as they fear. (Lucius Accius)

Heinrich Himmler also said:The best political weapon is the weapon of terror. Cruelty commands respect. Men may hate us. But, we don't ask for their love; only for their fear

I will be so f*cking good they can't deny me.Dorian Yates

Pressure makes diamonds.- General George Patton Jr

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do...the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."-General George S. Patton

"Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from weak minds."Albert Einstein

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." (Walter Gagehot)

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the "slowing up" of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?" - George S. Patton

If its too heavy your too soft...

Winners never quit and quitters never win.- Vince Lombardi

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.- Vince Lombardi

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" -Ed Macauley

"If you're going through hell, keep going."-Winston Churchill

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (Mahatma Gandhi)

Don't have a hero. Look up to no one. Because if someone's leading the way, the best You'll ever be is second.

"weights before dates, bros before hoes"

"Hated by many, loved by few, respected by ALL"

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved..."

"Champions train, Losers complain"

dont ask for a light load, rather a strong back

Limits are for people who have them.

"We must either find a way or make one."--- Hannibal

In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve - it's what you take.

Take what you have and use it to the fullest. "You only live once, Live Big" - Dorian Yates

I'm that guy in the gym that you stare at and think to yourself;
"DAMN, if only I could lift those huge ass weights!" Dorian Yates

Toni69
01-28-07, 4:44 pm
what does not kill you, will only make you stronger

I love that one..totally live by it! Thanks!

TEX
01-28-07, 5:19 pm
voting for politicians who tell you what you wont to here has all but destroyed civilization,giving in to outrage in the hop of avoiding trouble has all but destroyed freedom,and looking for the easy road to success in bodybuilding has all but destroyed the actually great potential value of weight training.

Arthur Jones

J.a.H.pocalypse
01-28-07, 5:20 pm
it sure is,it was said by Friedrich Nietzsche if u want to look him up!

Cruser
01-28-07, 5:21 pm
My favorite quote comes from machine.

The number one reason people lose a battle, is that they are not 100% committed to the fight.

speedster00
01-28-07, 8:16 pm
"Follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals. I'm living proof, BEAFCAKE!!!"-- Eric Cartman on southpark

addiction543
01-29-07, 12:20 am
"Follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals. I'm living proof, BEAFCAKE!!!"-- Eric Cartman on southpark

classic, classic south park quote/ episode

scals
01-29-07, 12:39 am
"The test of success is not what you do when your on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

fullbackhero22
01-29-07, 12:43 am
This isn't from Animal, but I heard this and it's a staple in which I live by.

"Look around... Is anyone in this gym training harder than you? If so, step the shit up now, if not train harder!"

Right on brother, that's the shit I live by

deathdealer2134
01-29-07, 3:00 am
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
-Robert Bryne

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
- W.M. Lewis

NumeroUno
01-29-07, 3:24 am
Had to throw this in...

"You're like the drummer from REO Speedwagon... nobody knows who you are!" -Employee of the Month

-Daniel

karmazon
01-29-07, 4:08 am
- "When the passion for success is strong, anything is possible."

- "If you can dream it you can do it."

- "The difference between dreams and accomplishments is purely desire"

- "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that."

- "Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

- "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian."

- "Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."

- "It is not how busy you are that matters , it is why you are busy ..... the bee is praised while the mosquito is swatted"

- "You have to be prepared for the possibility that God does not like you."

- "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

- "Only he who dares to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."

- "He who never made a mistake never made a discovery."

- "I know where I'm going and I know the truth and I don't have to be what you want me to be I'm free to be what i want"

- "Hard work defines you and your character"

- "Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

- "You live only once, but if you work it right, once is enough."
"The only way to predict the future is to create it."

- "Pain is temporary, Glory is forever"

- "It's about the man next to you, and that is all it is"

- "The best way out of a difficulty is through it."

- "If you always do what you've done, you'll always get what you've got."

- "The more I sweat in peace, the less I bleed in war."

- "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step."

- "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

- "Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead."

- "Follow your heart cuz you can go where ever the fucck your heart wants you to go"

- "And when you reminisce thinking how you got dissed, remember how it felt"

- "Be true to you and that way you can never fall"-

- "Im certified crazy, so sick the world made me"

- "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

- "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."

- "Be sure to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get."

- "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

- "Don't ever stop, just push until you hit the top, and if you try, at least you know you gave your all, be true to you, and that way you can never fall ... be true to you, believe that there is no one bigger, cause they can all suck dick."

- "Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."

- "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me"

- "It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved..."

- "Without discipline, no matter how good you are, you are nothing! One day, and I might not be around; you're going to meet a tough guy who takes your best shot. He'll keep coming because he's tough. Don't get discouraged. That's when the discipline comes in."

- "I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain."

- "No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that."

- "I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

- "There is no tomorrow if you don't believe in who you are"

- "Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve."

- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

-Define Your Self-
01-29-07, 5:54 pm
karmazon-
where did u find the "accept no ones defination....?" from?

NickSP
01-29-07, 7:18 pm
"Only the mind can truly limit the body."

"Be noble minded! Our own heart, and not other men's opinions of us, forms our true honor."
-Johann Von Schiller

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"There has never been a man in history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"It's not how good you are, it's how bad you want it."

"A timid person is frightened before a danger, a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterwards."
-Paul Richter

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-Confucius

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

"A hero and an average person are basically the same. It's what the person doesn't do that makes them average, it's what the hero does that makes them a hero."

"Life is a process of becoming, you learn how to live until the day that you die."

"The harder that I work, the more luck I seem to have."

"Who we are is not always formed by what our problems are, but how we deal with them"

"Brave boys may follow in the footsteps of men, but brave MEN....make their own."

"Glory is knowing your work and sacrifices have paid off, it is the destination; Excellence is the journey that got you there."

"Live today as if you'll die tomorrow, dream tonight as if you'll live forever."

"We can't live on forever, but we can do the next best thing and make sure that our name does."

"The race goes not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running."

"The difference between winning and losing is heart."

"Mainstream is for the average......no one remembers the average."

"I've been denied for so long, been denied by so many, but I will not deny myself."

"Hate the game, not the player."

"Sometimes ya gotta just close your eyes and go."

"Attitude is everything."

"To a willing heart, nothing is of the impossible."

"Feed off your victories, starve from your defeats."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are nothing compared to what lies within us."

widdlewade44
01-29-07, 7:29 pm
"Dictum of the 7 P's: Proper previous planning prevents piss poor performance." -Everett Emerson Barrett, USN Masterchief, Navy Seal.

“I refuse to become what I despise.” –Chris Spielman

Kevin
widdlewade44

NickSP
01-29-07, 8:09 pm
karmazon: "I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

I KNOW that quote, where's it from?

cable
01-29-07, 10:11 pm
NEVER GIVE UP!

the lead singer of Billy Talent has that tatooed across his chest

alecto42
01-29-07, 10:14 pm
wrote this one today to get myself pumped up before back day:

"Through 100% Pure focus you must realize that it is yourself that has to disconnect from the material world and put every ounce of concentration into the movement and the lift for that pump from start to finish from beginning to end. After this is complete, let PERFECT nutrition, supplementation, and adequate rest take care of everything else..."
-alecto42c

Live by it brotha's

broomellk
01-29-07, 10:24 pm
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy fucking weights." - Ronnie Coleman

and then of course

"Apologies? I have none. I am not ashamed of who I am or what I've done." - Grade

BigAnt
01-29-07, 11:12 pm

Yeah..that is my fav. also..
I also like "Potential is for losers....Winning counts"

Eggamagga
01-30-07, 10:38 am
My fav is from a cartoon, DBZ;

"Strength is the only thing that matters... anything else is just an excuse for the weak." -Vegeta

And a couple good ones from my hero, Bruce Lee.

"It is later then you think! Know yourself!" -Bruce Lee

"Evaluation by others is not a guide for me." -Bruce Lee

Mule83
01-30-07, 11:57 am
People of average ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit.

Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what the fuck is going on.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out and meet it

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Roosevelt

The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Ali

Every day in Africa a lion and a gazelle both wake up The lion has to outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. The gazelle has to outrun the fastest lion or it will be eaten alive. Moral of the story is.......Whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up your fucking ass better be running!

Cru
01-30-07, 1:42 pm
Our doubts are traitors
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt. - Shakespeare

Let him who would move the world first move himself. - Socrates

BiggDawg
01-30-07, 1:51 pm
Pain is just Fear leaving the Body...

smoph197
01-30-07, 5:01 pm
Anyone can give up, its the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together, when everyone else would understand if you fell apart. Thats true strength.

focused
01-30-07, 5:06 pm
quotes.....PUMPING IRON is full of classics

NumeroUno
01-31-07, 2:10 pm
"Get the fuck outta my way" - guess who? :-)

DEVILMAN40K
01-31-07, 6:56 pm
When life throws you a lemon, you throw the lemon back. FUCK lemons!!

cable
01-31-07, 7:57 pm

hahaha awsome quote

Toni69
02-01-07, 1:51 pm
"Imagine for yourself a character, a model personality, whose example you determine to follow, in private as well as in public."
(Epictetus)

hockeystud55
02-01-07, 5:43 pm
"If the bar ain't bendin', then your just pretendin'"

jatta palu
02-02-07, 12:19 am
Wipe your face with dirt. It dont feel good until it hurts. Take this world and shake it. Come squeeze and suck the day....Carpe diem baby!

Also

No weapon formed against me shall prosper!

Strongarm
02-02-07, 1:40 am
If you gotta tell everyone how good you are, you ain't that good.

abwowang
02-02-07, 1:18 pm
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are nothing compared to what lies within us."

wow that's a good one.

i dont remember the exact wording but I remember I read it here:
"if you don't get nervous before your workout, your not working out hard enough." haha

NickSP
02-02-07, 3:49 pm
Wipe your face with dirt. It dont feel good until it hurts. Take this world and shake it. Come squeeze and suck the day....Carpe diem baby!

Awesome fuckin song.

jatta palu
02-02-07, 10:07 pm
Awesome fuckin song.

I could live by the entire song!

Suleiman
02-03-07, 8:55 am
on the stage its not how much you lift but how much you look like you can lift

LurkingBeast
02-03-07, 3:45 pm
"If your life sucks, it's because you suck"

-Wrath, The Journey

I like this one because sometimes as people it's easy to take pity on ourselves. This quote I think of when I'm bumm'd. It keeps me honest about myself.

"Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is Strength"

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Fear
02-03-07, 8:06 pm
Greatest quote ever. "Pain is only weakness leaving the body, so train beyond the pain untill death is the only release."

focused
02-03-07, 8:44 pm
Arnold, haha.

Down the road, in a gym far away
A young man was heard to say,
No matter what I do, my legs wont grow!
He tried leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses too.
Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts hed do!
From the corner of the gym where the big guys train,
Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain,
Where the big iron rides high, and threaten lives,
Where the noise is made with big forty-fives,
A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees,
A very big man with legs like trees,
Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack,
Chalked his hands and monstrous back,
Said, Boy, stop lying and dont say youve forgotten!
Trouble with you is you aint been SQUATTIN!

haha, i remember that, back in highschool our football coach was ALL about the athletes gettin their squat in their workout, everywhere you'd look this would be posted up everywhere in the weight room. But aint that the truth brothers?

dzemuel
02-04-07, 11:41 pm
A lot of these come from movies ... but they deliver the message none the less.

Strong like the Lion, smart like the fox.

The struggle is the glory.

Face your fears, you start running now, you run ‘til you die.

We’re all put to the test, but it doesn’t come at the point or in the form we prefer.

What one man can do, another can do

We can’t run from what we are, our destiny chooses us

If there’s a doubt, there is no doubt.

You do not belong to anyone, you belong to yourself.

This is who I am, good or bad, this is it.

Truth is eternal, same today as yesterday. It is consistent and never
changes.

Follow your first thought, your interpretation.

Nobody likes change, it is due to comfort, whenever you are comfortable, you are not growing.

Never let anyone know what your thinking.

Never hate your enemies it affects your judgment

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid

a moment of courage is all it takes, just a moment and it is done.

... and one of my absolute favorites comes from the 13th warrior, as they are moments from the first battle ... one of the warriors faces antonio banderas's character and sais to him...

"go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you will not live a moment longer"...

the_menace
02-05-07, 12:11 pm
Mine is, "Pain is temporary, pride is forever"

NickSP
02-06-07, 10:48 pm
I just got done reading a speech by Malcolm X (The Ballot or the Bullet, for those who know) for one of my classes and a couple things really hit me.

"Whenever you're going after something that belongs to you, anyone who's depriving you of the right to have it is a criminal."

"I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do."

"Any time you know you're within the law, within your legal rights, within your moral rights, in accord with justice, then die for what you believe in. But don't die alone. Let your dying be reciprocal. This is what is meant by equality."

CarpeDiem
02-07-07, 2:16 pm
I don't think I can single out one fav quote so here are a few of my favorites:

Success is largely a matter of holding on after others have given up. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Everynight before I go to bed I die, and when I awake I am reborn. - Ghandi

The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching.

While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Defeat doesn't finish a man, quit does. A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits.

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

We are all travelers on the same path that lead to the same end...it's the path you take and how you get there that seperates you from everyone else.

oosh
02-07-07, 9:38 pm
Fatigue makes cowards of us all. - Vince Lombardi

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. - Vince Lombardi

Mean Machine
02-07-07, 10:07 pm
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. - Sean Connery in The Rock

Git er done - Larry the Cable Guy

dtb004
02-08-07, 3:11 am
Do your shit... Period. If your going to half ass, get out, get off my bench. dont waste mt time.

rockyIV
02-08-07, 10:30 am
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. - Sean Connery in The Rock

I love that one

DamienBushido
02-08-07, 11:56 am

I Love this quote...I'm dating the prom queen ;)

COLE
02-08-07, 12:51 pm
"A journey of a thousand miles started with only one step"

"Its better to be hated for who your are than to be loved for who you are not"

chuckdapig
02-13-07, 6:19 pm
This isn't an Animal quote, but it inspires me every time I read it.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

J.a.H.pocalypse
02-15-07, 4:15 pm
This isn't an Animal quote, but it inspires me every time I read it.

it was said by president Theodore Roosevelt.

TheOak_akl
02-15-07, 5:01 pm
karmazon: "I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

Its from The professional wrestler, Bret "The Hitman " Hart

eblnyc
02-15-07, 11:35 pm
go big or go home!

karmazon
02-21-07, 5:58 pm
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

- Big Trouble in Little China

brutal
02-21-07, 9:22 pm
Champions are made when noone is watching. - dont know where it originated but I know it's helped me on those days when you feel like youre in a funk
---
Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting..he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.

Achilles : That's why noone will remember your name. - Troy
---
The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. It lies in having no goal to reach - Benjamin Mays

hjayss
02-22-07, 2:48 am
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

- Big Trouble in Little China
Love that movie.

TheNaturalG
02-22-07, 4:50 pm
"For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deluding himself"

Straight out of Galations

brutal
02-22-07, 6:42 pm
Forgot one the other day, and I especially like it cause its about overcoming and I know alot of us here can relate.

"He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my father on His throne."

-Revelations 3:21

karmazon
02-22-07, 11:22 pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7874923304850461404&q=rainy+days+tiger+woods&hl=en

"Rainy day is....my chance to be home. Be a fan, be a kid, be lazy....Problem is: There are no rainy days. My life is about never settling. "

J.a.H.pocalypse
02-23-07, 2:05 pm
Forgot one the other day, and I especially like it cause its about overcoming and I know alot of us here can relate.

"He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my father on His throne."

-Revelations 3:21

great one man if u have more like this one please post them!

Atest4Echo
02-23-07, 2:18 pm

LOL... nice!!!!

NickSP
02-24-07, 11:42 am
I think I saw it in someone's sig, something like "Today I will do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't" does anyone know exactly how it goes or where it's from?

Jay the SAVAGE
02-24-07, 12:28 pm
"Those who push themselves, and are willing to face pain, exhaustion, humiliation, rejection, or worse, are the ones who become champions. The rest are left on sidelines."

Dunno who said it.. But i agree 110%

King of Slam
02-24-07, 12:34 pm
"Satisfaction is the death of desire." -Henry Rollins

'nough said Mr. Rollins

B-Mac
02-24-07, 1:19 pm
my younger bro and I always use "walk it off", becasue if you can walk away it aint that bad

TheNaturalG
02-25-07, 3:03 pm
"Satisfaction is the death of desire." -Henry Rollins

'nough said Mr. Rollins

Love that one bro.

IronBrendan
02-25-07, 9:07 pm
I post a new quote everyday at www.myspace.com/ironbrendan

saint of the gym
02-25-07, 9:16 pm
Brad Pitt in fight club... "its when you lost everything, you're free to do anything."

Ironpsycho
02-25-07, 9:58 pm
"The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible."

"What will not kill me will only make me stronger!"And that is, if it does kill you, then you shouldn't have been training with us to begin with."

"Train beyond the pain...and death is your only release."

“Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, It's the size of the fight in the dog."

"Do not demand what you cannot take by force",

“You can piss in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first."

brutal
02-26-07, 12:48 am
Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you. But remember that they will have to face God, who will judge everyone, both the living and the dead.
-1 Peter 4:4-5

-This one is one that I always remember when it's Saturday night and everyone's callin me to go out and get trashed. I know that bodybuilding doesn't make me more righteous, but the temptation has been there for a long time and we aren't the first to go through it, nor the first to persevere through it. My friends dont get why I wont go get plastered every weekend, but I do.

The Lord supports the humble, but he brings the wicked down into the dust.
-Psalm 147:6

-Self explanatory. I try not to get vain and spend hours in front of my mirror, but other people who are jealous or don't understand the life we live are the quickest to judge. I love this quote.

Frank Cass
02-26-07, 2:22 pm
Tom hopkins,

"I am not judged by the number of times I fail but by the number of times I succeed, and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying" It's called the champions creed.

Nameless007
02-26-07, 3:25 pm
I was an animal before i started lifting, I just look like one now

--i remember reading it on a thread some where here

Maccabee
02-26-07, 4:09 pm
I like the quote which I have right below. It was said by a great Korean commander I think around the 16th century. I may be wrong about the date. Either way it kicks ass for me.

bigrhino
02-26-07, 7:03 pm
"Nature designed my body, but nature lacks intelligence, I do not and will build a better body than nature ever could."

Some big "Sik" dude from the UK

born0withno0soul
02-27-07, 8:46 am
my favorite quotes are my sig and "Life you may evade, but Death you shall not". by t.s eliot. i have it tatted to my back along with an angel of death/ tell me what you guys think of it. i think its true madness. i love it.

ghost
02-27-07, 10:07 am
throw up some pics of it.

dmnspdg
02-27-07, 1:04 pm

Bret 'the Hitman' Heart

SBunny
02-27-07, 2:43 pm

Gotta <3 Arnold

Casper
02-27-07, 2:57 pm
The weak will inherit nothing.

Knife
02-28-07, 2:51 am
I got a bunch of quotes that inspire me, here's one of them.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Rock05
02-28-07, 1:41 pm
It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees...

Targac21
02-28-07, 4:01 pm
This one just hit me but i believe in this quote in most cases.

"It's not how much you can lift, its how much you LOOK like you can lift" - Bob chicherillo IFBB Pro

Sometimes starters and certain people in the gym thinking lifting HEAVY weights means everything to them and thats what they need to do. well not always.

Sgt Rock
03-01-07, 12:28 am
I disagree with Bobs quote...IT MATTERS WHAT YOU CAN LIFT...NOT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE YOU CAN LIFT.

karmazon
03-01-07, 2:46 am
I disagree with Bobs quote...IT MATTERS WHAT YOU CAN LIFT...NOT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE YOU CAN LIFT.

It's a bodybuilding quote hehehe.

karmazon
03-01-07, 6:08 pm
"Learn from them, brothers, from their pain in childbirth which the gods have ordained immutable. Bear witness to that lesson they teach: nothing good in life comes but at a price. Sweetest of all is liberty. This we have chosen and this we pay for. We have embraced the laws of Lykurgus, and they are stern laws. They have schooled us to scorn the life of leisure, which this rich land of ours would bestow upon us if we wish, and instead to enroll ourselves in the academy of discipline and sacrifice. Guided by these laws, our fathers for twenty generations have breathed the blessed air of freedom and have paid the bill in full when it was presented. We, their sons, can do no less."

Midnight69
03-01-07, 8:16 pm
"Theres No Emotion, Its All Motion" Get It? - I Made That One Up

NumeroUno
03-01-07, 8:36 pm
"kill em' all, let god sort em' out."

paintrain69
03-01-07, 8:45 pm
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"

Strongarm
03-06-07, 5:18 pm
"You'd rather sandpaper a bobcats ass in a phone booth than fuck with me kid"

i think thats from schak. cant find it now.

Malifik
03-16-07, 3:40 pm
Whenever I need some extra motivation, there's certain inspirational quotes that I can read that really pump me up, give me back my craving to be the best, to train hard or die trying. Post yours if you have any, here are some of mine:

- "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

- "First you fuel the desire, then the desire will fuel you."

- "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

- "Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You..."

- "The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

- "If something`s worth doing, it`s worth doing properly."

- "It Will Never Be Today Again."

- "Don't look at the weight, just lift the crap!"

- "Limits are for people who have them."

- "Be Charitable... Lift harder for those who can't."

- "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold

- "If you're not gonna squat and deadlift.... GO HOME AND SLEEP!!!"

- "I will persist until I succeed."

- "If you're going through hell, keep going."

- "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those are a few short sayings, here's a poem that I saw posted on a forum a while back:

To Dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave shall not go
To right the unrightable
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too heavy
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause
And I know I will only be true, to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful & calm
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned & covered with scars,
Still strove with his last ounce of courage.

And of course, a quote from none other than Wrath himself:

-"Bodybuilding 101. While we are all our own dieticians, physical therapists, trainers, psychoanalysts and all around bodybuilding gurus, we ain’t fucking splitting the atom--bust your ass in the gym; shovel in the protein and calories; sleep as much as you can… Repeat. Save the pilates, wheat grass, soy milk, balancing precariously on an inflated rubber ball while you do bicep curls with pink plastic coated dumbbells, new age, nouveau riche bullshit for the Palm Springs soccer moms. It is 2006 and the old school is back in session. Lesson #1: Keep It Simple Sucka. Class dismissed."

WOGDuquilla
03-16-07, 4:15 pm
"I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13

J D R
03-16-07, 9:47 pm
my fav quote is...

If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders--what would you tell him to do?" -- Ayn Rand

karmazon
03-16-07, 10:28 pm
Those are a few short sayings, here's a poem that I saw posted on a forum a while back:

To Dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave shall not go
To right the unrightable
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too heavy
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause
And I know I will only be true, to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful & calm
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned & covered with scars,
Still strove with his last ounce of courage.

That's a song from Don Quixote, it was even performed by Frank Sinatra, called "The impossible dream"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RABrrrleB8o

Lar-Dog
03-17-07, 1:20 am
A few of my favorites (other than my sig):

Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid of standing still......Chinese proverb

Hard work will overcome talent, when talent doesn't work hard.........unknown

If it is important, do it everyday. If it isn't, don't do it at all.......Dan Gable

The only easy day was yesterday................Navy SEALS

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength...........Eric Hoffer

Reputation is what other people know about you.
Honor is what you know about yourself..................Lois McMaster Bujold

It's never too late to be who you might have been............George Eliot

and the one that I feel best describes the brotherhood we all share here:

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack..............Rudyard Kipling

Erik
03-17-07, 8:13 am
was just about to write the first one, fuckin awesome movie.

Damn right it was!! It was my favorite movie of last year, and a must see for all ironheads.

richardm
03-17-07, 9:11 am
But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. ~Ernest Hemingway

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~Ernest Hemingway

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger at the broken places. ~Ernest Hemingway

Animals have these advantages over man: they never hear the clock strike, they die without any idea of death, they have no theologians to instruct them, their last moments are not disturbed by unwelcome and unpleasant ceremonies, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills. ~Voltaire

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. ~Voltaire

Joe D'Amato
03-17-07, 12:44 pm
"NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD". -White Goodman (dodgeball)

lmao.

DamienBushido
03-19-07, 3:13 am
I just heard this one, i think it'll be one that stays w/ me for a long time...

"Step up or step aside" -Christopher Titus (comedian)

Praetor
03-19-07, 3:58 am
I Love this quote...I'm dating the prom queen ;)

i'm workin' on that one right now ;)

Praetor
03-19-07, 4:20 am
Failure drives me
Every time I fail
I am that much closer
To succeeding
I am not the best
Till I become my best
Victory is in my heart
If I give my heart
I cannot be beaten
Strive for excellence
Achieve perfection
I CANNOT BE BEATEN

-Bryant Scott

karmazon
03-20-07, 5:51 pm
Always, always, always, always, always do what you are afraid to do. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

R.Bearse1
03-22-07, 6:58 am
Yo wuts up guys? I'm looking for your favorite inspiration quotes. My personal quote is from the poem IF by Kipling:

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And-which is more-you'll be a Man, my son!"

http://freedomlaw.com/IFKiplng.html

Nice Kipling Quote...

"And in truth, I’ve never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn’t appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat" Vince Lombardi

Lombardi was an inspirational Guru!

Hikeon3
03-22-07, 7:44 am
"Reject a woman and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also weak arms."
- Dwight Shrute, "The Office"

spartan300
03-22-07, 7:56 am
i love this quote by H L Menken..

Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag...and begin slitting throats.

because just below that quote it says "strength and honor"

G Diesel
03-22-07, 10:15 am
Gotta love the direction this post is headed in--Emerson, Roosevelt, Hemingway, Kipling. Thanks for quoting such giants, fellas. Peace, G

karmazon
03-22-07, 2:35 pm
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it - even if I have said it - unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. (Buddha)

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. (Margaret Young)

Only those who attempt the absurd...will achieve the impossible. I think ...I think it's in my basement...Let me go upstairs and check. (Escher)

Keep in mind always the present you are creating. It should be the future you want. (Alice Walker)

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I accomplish. (Michelangelo)

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life. (Sophia Loren)

And

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive. (Bugs Bunny)

Ricky P
03-22-07, 3:13 pm
"May God Have Mercy Upon My Enemies, Because I Wont.."

Best quote ever.

Darkman X
03-22-07, 3:57 pm
"This is what we do, we die" ~My Hero First Sergent Michael J. Hammann

"IF you find yourself in hell, keep going. IF you come to a wall don't around it or over it, go right through that motherfucker!!!" ~ spoken by a true genius, Spc. Steven Hammann

X

R.Bearse1
03-22-07, 6:05 pm
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive. (Bugs Bunny)

hahaha I had a Sgt. HArris say something like this in Ft.Benning but it was more like. "Don't take life too seriously. None of us make it out this motherfucker alive"

The Greatest Happiness is to scatter your enemy and drive him before you. To see his cities reduced to ashes. To see those who love him shrouded and in tears. And to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters.
Karl Schmitt

karmazon
03-22-07, 6:28 pm
The Greatest Happiness is to scatter your enemy and drive him before you. To see his cities reduced to ashes. To see those who love him shrouded and in tears. And to gather to your bosom his wives and daughters.
Karl Schmitt
Actually, it was Temüjin who said that, otherwise known as Genghis Khan.

Hoaxy
03-22-07, 10:59 pm
Some of my favorite quotes...

"Overcome difficulties with effort and ingenuity."

"You've all heard this before. How life has infinite possibilities. I don't believe that one bit. There weren't many paths for me to choose. Sometimes, there would only be one. From the limited possibilities I faced, the choices I made have brought me this far. That's why I value the path I chose...I want to hold true to the path that HAD to be taken...It's not like I drifted here on the tides of fate. I'm here because I chose to be here."

"Am I that untrusting...? Maybe I'm this way because I'm scared. Nothing lasts in this world. It feels great to have friends who believe in you, and adults you can rely on. That's why it's so dangerous, especially if you become used to it. Someday you're bound to lose everything. Everybody around you will be gone. Then what are you left with? Nothing. Nobody... It's so miserable. And it's inevitable. It's so hard to recover from something like that. I never ever want to deal with that again. I can't. Even if it means being alone..."

"The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

"It doesn't matter if I'm fighting alone or not. I'll always fight to protect those who need it."

"In order to live you must eventually die. And in order to die you must live."

Adversity9
03-22-07, 11:15 pm
"we are going to cut out their living guts, and use them to grease the treads on our tanks"

"nature is smarter than people think"-Mick

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer"

R.Bearse1
03-23-07, 12:27 pm
Actually, it was Temüjin who said that, otherwise known as Genghis Khan.

Good call...I think I may need to tell that website they were wrong..ha

J.a.H.pocalypse
03-25-07, 4:21 pm
I want you men to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. All this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is alot of horseshit. Americans love to fight.All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. When you were kids you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, and the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time.I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. The very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, and fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit. The bastards who write that silly shit about this individuality for the saturday evening post, don't know any more about real battle than they do about fucking. We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. I pity those poor bastards we're going up against.We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. we're going to murder those lousy cocksucking hun bastards by the bushel fucking basket. Some of you men are wondering whether or not you will chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your full duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in their greasy goddamned bellies. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment ago was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. There's another thing i want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying we're holding our position. We're advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by his balls and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time . We're going to go through him like crap through a goose. There's one thing you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may be thankful for it. Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside, with your grandson on your knee, and he asks, "What did you do in the great World War Two?"You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."Alright, you sons of bitches, you know how i feel. I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anywere, anytime. that's all.

NickSP
03-25-07, 7:34 pm
And of course, a quote from none other than Wrath himself:

-"Bodybuilding 101. While we are all our own dieticians, physical therapists, trainers, psychoanalysts and all around bodybuilding gurus, we ain’t fucking splitting the atom--bust your ass in the gym; shovel in the protein and calories; sleep as much as you can… Repeat. Save the pilates, wheat grass, soy milk, balancing precariously on an inflated rubber ball while you do bicep curls with pink plastic coated dumbbells, new age, nouveau riche bullshit for the Palm Springs soccer moms. It is 2006 and the old school is back in session. Lesson #1: Keep It Simple Sucka. Class dismissed."

"Intelligence may come from complication and complexities, but wisdom comes from simplicity."

"KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid"

TARGET
03-25-07, 7:49 pm
William Shakespeare King Henry V
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, Or close the wall up with our English dead! In peace there's nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.

Plato
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

karmazon
03-25-07, 8:00 pm
I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.
Joseph Stalin

I do not fear failure. I only fear the "slowing up" of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?"
George S. Patton

Before success comes in any man's life, he's sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That's exactly what the majority of men do.
Napoleon Hill

Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.
Napoleon Hill

In the warrior's code, there's no surrender
Though his body says stop, his spirit cries never
Survivor

Maccabee
03-25-07, 9:09 pm
We can acheive what we can conceive and believe.- Mark Twain

Those are some powerful words.

bigrhino
03-25-07, 9:27 pm
Friends may come and go. But two
hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
-Henry Rollins

I did a google search and found the whole quote. It took about 10 minutes to read, but it was time well worth spent.

http://endignorance.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1895

sorry guys if this is a link to another forum. NOT an advertisement. please delete if needed. i just googled the phrase.

Jameson
03-26-07, 3:44 am
"You think you can win on talent alone? You don't HAVE enough talent to win on talent alone." "...And the name on the front means a hell of a lot more than the one on the back. Get that through your head!"

These quotes are from Herb Brooks in the movie Miracle. I play hockey so I guess I can probably relate to them better than most people. They get me every time.

mlaw06
03-27-07, 3:08 am
I gotta quote 300 here

"Xerxes: Imagine what horrible fate awaits my enemies when I would gladly kill any of my own men for victory.

Leonidas: And I would die for any one of mine."

....and....

"Do today what others won't, so you can do tomorrow what others can't."

Ricky P
03-27-07, 5:40 pm
"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
-Henry Rollins

ReBesBe
03-27-07, 6:01 pm
"This is not doomsday. It's not the end of the world. It's just another training day for me. Everything in life is up for grabs. I've got to take what's mine. I've got to be right in the middle of it. I stopped once to watch the sights. It was the worst fucking mistake I ever made. Don't make the same mistake. Not a single day will go by when you won't miss out in life, but I'm here to tell you the real life begins when you're in the weight room, struggling for a breath of air, fighting to re-rack that bar. Yeah, you can go out and play instead. But remember, playtime is for when you're a kid. And you're a man. So be prepared to get your hands dirty. Let's see some fucking sweat and blood. Let's rock 'n roll brothers."
-Animal Pak

NPC Chicka
03-28-07, 1:47 am
"In life, you can't have steel without fire."

NPC Chicka

richsol
03-29-07, 7:58 pm
it's only pain! my rugby coach

brandonA
03-30-07, 1:20 pm
Thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil....cause I'm the baddest mutherfucker in the valley....
Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction

and one from the man "Just win baby".....Al Davis

R.Bearse1
03-30-07, 1:54 pm
Thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil....cause I'm the baddest mutherfucker in the valley....
Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction

...but this is one of my favorite quotes
That was a tweak to this quote...FYI so you didn't give Sam and Tarentino FULL credit. haha

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley.” Joel Rosenberg

Aristotle
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.

ctgblue
03-30-07, 5:00 pm
This reminds me of my father's last words: "Don't son, that gun is loaded!"

Stupidity: Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots.

Futility: You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and, statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.

Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness pays off right now.

Pessimism: Every cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it.

and my sig
"Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

"Too often, we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that dumb motherf#@ker upside the head!"

just lightening it up a bit

brandonA
04-01-07, 12:31 am
"...The gym in the only place where I feel totally at home. People in a room sweating, lifting up shit and making animal sounds.I don't have to apologize for the way I am. I don't have to be nice to fragile people. It's the only place where I feel natural. I like working out better than sex; it's only second to music."

Henry Rollins

"...Pain is my friend because it had never lied to me. It never leaves me for long. When pain is with me everything becomes clear and life has meaning. I know something about myself. I see deeper. Pain makes me stronger. Fire fills my body........Pain is the great isolator, the almighty truth teller....."
Henry Rollins

Pride
04-01-07, 4:04 am
this quote is not from animalpak but it really gets me going... "the man that makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man!!" my friend and fellow lifter found it, not sure where it came from but damn.

Ironpsycho
04-01-07, 6:18 pm
"That which will not kill you will only make you stronger." And that is, if it does kill you, then you shouldn't have been training with us to begin with.

AllGloryisFleeting
04-01-07, 9:00 pm
"When asked why the best men prefer an honourable death to a life without honour, he said: 'Because they regard the latter as the gift of Nature, and the former as being in their own hands.' " King Leonidas of Sparta

"Fear makes men forget, and skill which cannot fight is useless." Brasidas of Sparta

"I have lived long enough for I die unconquered." -Epaminondas

dIdDy
04-02-07, 6:30 am
"I look in the mirror not in vanity, but scrutiny"

Rostov
04-03-07, 8:07 am
Arnold, in Pumping Iron:

"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling
you can get in the gym is the pump. Let's say you train your biceps,
blood is rushing in to your muscles and that's what we call the pump.
Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to
explode any minute and its really tight and its like someone is blowing
air into your muscle and it just blows up and it feels different, it
feels fantastic. It's as satifying to me as cumming is, you know, as in
having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in
heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, I'm getting
the feeling of cumming at home, I'm getting the feeling of cumming
backstage, when I pump up, when I pose out in front of 5000 people I get
the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. Its terrific, right? So
I am in heaven."

AU_Lifter
04-03-07, 8:17 am
"...The gym in the only place where I feel totally at home. People in a room sweating, lifting up shit and making animal sounds.I don't have to apologize for the way I am. I don't have to be nice to fragile people. It's the only place where I feel natural. I like working out better than sex; it's only second to music."

Henry Rollins

"...Pain is my friend because it had never lied to me. It never leaves me for long. When pain is with me everything becomes clear and life has meaning. I know something about myself. I see deeper. Pain makes me stronger. Fire fills my body........Pain is the great isolator, the almighty truth teller....."
Henry Rollins

Great quotes, where'd you get them from?

Skullcrusher
04-03-07, 8:53 am
Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: 'cos i'm the meanest fucker in the valley

Argos
04-03-07, 9:31 am
my sigs...I got some more and I will post them when I find the list.

TheBearMauler
04-06-07, 12:43 pm
Here are a few.

- "Fear?... What's fear?" - Don't know where its from =/

- "Perseverance
Against all opposition
Crushing all limitations
Pure strength through solitude
Discipline and determination" - From the song Perseverance by Hatebreed

- "Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called
Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead

Best, you've got to be the best
You've got to change the world
And use this chance to be heard
Your time is now" - From the song Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse

blazin
04-07-07, 12:32 am
We have at the fire department what we call the 4 UPS...
1. Shut Up
2. Listen UP
3. Step Up
4. Stand Up

my other fav quote in the gym is... "let the bodys hit the floor"

txpower
04-07-07, 1:06 am
great quotes boys.

brandonA
04-07-07, 1:12 am
Great quotes, where'd you get them from?

The Portable Rollis....it's a collection with his fav parts of a bunch of his books...a great read...

-B

HardcoreB52
04-07-07, 1:32 am
I'm pretty sure this one is original.

"True strength derives from the mind, but unleashes itself from the heart."

-- a little sappy, but I like it. Let me know what y'all think.

born0withno0soul
04-07-07, 1:56 am
I'm pretty sure this one is original.

"True strength derives from the mind, but unleashes itself from the heart."

-- a little sappy, but I like it. Let me know what y'all think.

not sappy at all. great quote my man. is it yours or did someone else say it?

Armani43
04-12-07, 7:23 pm
usafpimp's sig is a pretty nasty quote

Jeff the Repper
04-12-07, 7:41 pm
" All you can do is all you can do,
But all you can do is enough
Just be sure you do all you can do "

I think this was from Les Brown,

another one from him :

" It's not over until I win " ( quoted to him by his son during a checkers play off ) CLASSIC ANIMAL !

Jeff the Repper
04-12-07, 7:42 pm
"That which will not kill you will only make you stronger." And that is, if it does kill you, then you shouldn't have been training with us to begin with.

HA HA ! I love this one too .....

BoulderMan
04-13-07, 6:01 pm
"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone"
-Al Capone

And one that helps me not worry about shit all the time:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-Buddha

k1usa
04-13-07, 6:34 pm
What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived......

Russ

maddawg
04-14-07, 9:23 pm
SQUAT POEM, DALE CLARK
Down this road, in a gym far away,
a young man was heard to say,
"no matter what i do, my legs won't grow"
he tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses , too
trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do.

from the corner of the gym where the big men train,
through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain
where the noise is made with big forty fives,
a deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees.
a very big man with legs like trees.

laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack
chalking his hands and monstrous back,
said, "boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten,
the trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'. "

IRON ASYLUM
the one must travel to reach greatness
passes through the realm of pain.
with the heart of a lion
perservere, i shall

NumeroUno
04-14-07, 9:46 pm
"Don't Talk To Me... I'm Dieting....."

and...

"NO i'm NOT on STEROIDS!!.... but thanks for asking...." -bb.com T-shirts

Armani43
04-15-07, 3:06 pm
you gotta love the " no i'm not on steroids" quote....haha so great

NumeroUno
04-15-07, 9:14 pm
Glad you liked it :-)

JeffFrandano
04-15-07, 10:15 pm
I think we all get into a slump sometimes and all we need to get out of it is some crazy-ass inspiartional quote....So leave your best one... And before you exit out of this without leaving something , remeber your last slump...

Heres the first one...

It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness....

Targac21
04-16-07, 3:37 am
Machines New post has a quote i love.

A coward dies a million times... A warrior dies once

feelthepain12
04-16-07, 6:00 pm
"You are your maker." -The House

The TITANIC
04-17-07, 6:41 pm
forgot who said this...
" Success is not in atainment, but in the effort you put in "
that's som edeep shit...

DStorie7
04-25-07, 7:56 pm
"Proceed in life as if limits to your ability, do not exist."

crypto
04-25-07, 10:52 pm
"i only compete with my previous workout"

dominatetheiron
04-26-07, 12:57 pm

The quote you born weak.... is the slogan for muscle milk you can find it in almost any body building magazine, thats funny.

crypto
04-26-07, 12:59 pm
that could sum you all up in one? well heres mine, "life is like riding a bicycle, to keep balanced, you must keep moving," "i only compete with my previous workout and no one else," and "they say home is where your heart is but what a shame, cuz everyone's heart doesnt beat the same."

JMC
04-26-07, 9:47 pm
If the dog hadn't stopped to take a shit, he woulda caught the rabbit.
-my old man (not the originator...I know)

claudio_rdgz
04-29-07, 1:57 am
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" I heard it here somewhere, maybe in a journal

"That which does not make you stronger is killing you" I don't remember from where but damn it's good

"Dream, Believe, Overcome"

k1usa
04-30-07, 3:11 pm
bodybuilding to me...its feeding the beast inside..he wants pain...he wants to grow...he wants to eat....so...I feed it
-k1usa

JB69
04-30-07, 5:20 pm
Pain is tempory, Quitting is forever

JB69
04-30-07, 5:21 pm
No pain no gain

tekky
04-30-07, 5:37 pm
The world is mine....

shutthefuckup
04-30-07, 11:01 pm
"DONT QUIT! Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."

loiacanoa
04-30-07, 11:03 pm

hahahahah! good ol pumping iron!

Armani43
05-01-07, 7:46 am
"DONT QUIT! Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."

Thats a good one...i'm gona use that to keep me motivated while i'm training for the golden gloves this summer.

The Legend
05-01-07, 10:48 pm
'The best activitities for your health are pumping and humping'-arnold himself

-what a beauty

DamienBushido
05-07-07, 2:13 pm
Machines New post has a quote i love.

A coward dies a million times... A warrior dies once

haha ya he got this from a Tupac song; "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but one."

ncsu06
05-07-07, 5:33 pm
Buck the FUCK up!!

Preston
05-21-07, 3:30 pm
Opposition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've stated your point and stand your ground, and I will do my best to climb that mountain that your ego sits upon, and with the strength of a thousand angels, and the fire within my heart, I will bury you. I will no longer let you walk upon the weak, and trample those below you, I will defy all that is engraved in stone.

I will not follow this path you are attempting to beat for the common, I will stray and dig my own winding trench to my own personal glory. Do I need you?

No, I don't need you, I haven't needed you, and I don't need this. In this "animal" lifestyle everyone seems to of dubb'd this, you aren't given much, but you put every ounce you have in yourself, into the life. What do you get back? Not much, and yet I sit here every day and take this.

Patience is the key, and so far the past year has deemed me worthy of the time I've put into "The Game." No, this isn't a rant, and I'm not focusing in on ANYONE, and no this isn't some sort of alliteration. This is the mind of a strayed soul that is attempting to find his purpose beyond the life he's living. I'd like to beleive that I'm living this life, for my goal is he, in the end, becoming something, being great, and forever being remembered.

What are you?

I wrote that, and if you steal that shit I'll pwn you at life.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

karmazon
05-21-07, 3:35 pm
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

Preston
05-21-07, 3:38 pm
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

Man, I love this. Is it your work?

ncsu06
05-22-07, 10:57 pm
Opposition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've stated your point and stand your ground, and I will do my best to climb that mountain that your ego sits upon, and with the strength of a thousand angels, and the fire within my heart, I will bury you. I will no longer let you walk upon the weak, and trample those below you, I will defy all that is engraved in stone.

I will not follow this path you are attempting to beat for the common, I will stray and dig my own winding trench to my own personal glory. Do I need you?

No, I don't need you, I haven't needed you, and I don't need this. In this "animal" lifestyle everyone seems to of dubb'd this, you aren't given much, but you put every ounce you have in yourself, into the life. What do you get back? Not much, and yet I sit here every day and take this.

Patience is the key, and so far the past year has deemed me worthy of the time I've put into "The Game." No, this isn't a rant, and I'm not focusing in on ANYONE, and no this isn't some sort of alliteration. This is the mind of a strayed soul that is attempting to find his purpose beyond the life he's living. I'd like to beleive that I'm living this life, for my goal is he, in the end, becoming something, being great, and forever being remembered.

What are you?

I wrote that, and if you steal that shit I'll pwn you at life.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

i got to give it to you man....this shit is real..and best of all it fits my life right now...i am going through a broken engagement right now b/c of this shit...i want to train and be an animal and be remembered or atleast respected and no one understands me not even my fiance...much props for this one bro...good work....good luck brothers

violator
05-23-07, 5:28 am
"whatever the mind of man can concieve and believe, he can achieve."
-Napoleon Hill

Bam Bam
05-23-07, 5:45 am
"Do, or do not, there is not try." -Yoda-

"Life is about creating yourself."

"If you knew you could not fail, would you attempt?" -Yamada-

getBIG13
05-23-07, 7:17 am
"Power is built by the mind,and displayed by the body."

BamBam
05-23-07, 9:55 pm
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The Key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering."- Bruce Lee

TufffGuY
05-23-07, 10:23 pm
[QUOTE=BamBam92;94312"The Key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering."- Bruce Lee[/QUOTE]

Love Bruce Lee, you got any more of his quotes.

BamBam
05-23-07, 11:07 pm
Here are a few of my fav. bad ass ones I got.

Martial Arts is something I use to forge myself, mind body and soul...Call it a way of life

A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him

Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!

BamBam
05-23-07, 11:09 pm
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

I thought this one all of my brothers in here would love because it fits our lifestyle pretty well.

Bam Bam
05-24-07, 12:09 am
"You're only as good as your last workout bro... bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow. -G-Diesel-

karmazon
05-24-07, 1:19 am
"Weighing portions and counting calories and allowing food to rule one's life is just as much an eating disorder as sticking a finger down your throat."- Mark Twight

"If the day's workout prescribes hard work and you can read a magazine, or talk, or take a sip of your favorite sports drink, or recognize it's your phone that's ringing, or if you're not feeling dizzy, then you are not working hard."- Mark Twight

Preston
05-24-07, 1:22 am
i got to give it to you man....this shit is real..and best of all it fits my life right now...i am going through a broken engagement right now b/c of this shit...i want to train and be an animal and be remembered or atleast respected and no one understands me not even my fiance...much props for this one bro...good work....good luck brothers

Thank you.

brandonA
05-24-07, 1:24 am
"...we have the opportunity to get an education and make something of ourselves. We have many reasons to hope for great happiness, but we have to earn it. And that is something you can't achieve by taking the easy ways out. Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy."

-Anne Frank, July 6, 1944

musclealchemist
05-24-07, 1:33 am
"...we have the opportunity to get an education and make something of ourselves. We have many reasons to hope for great happiness, but we have to earn it. And that is something you can't achieve by taking the easy ways out. Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy."

-Anne Frank, July 6, 1944

thats deep stuff

ncsu06
05-30-07, 10:56 pm
"if i was on the highest cliff on the high rift and you slipped off the side and clenched on to your life in my grip, I would never, ever let you down."

karmazon
05-30-07, 11:38 pm
Newton's 3rd LAW
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Ricky P
06-10-07, 1:41 pm
"if i was on the highest cliff on the high rift and you slipped off the side and clenched on to your life in my grip, I would never, ever let you down."

I like that shit.

Ricky P
06-10-07, 1:45 pm
Pain is tempory, Quitting is forever

Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.

Couple variations to it, but I like this one, yeah endure a little pain but you'll always know you busted through that shit instead of quitting.... Take pride in that forever.

rev8ball
06-18-07, 7:37 pm
Cant remember the authors
"That which does not kill you will only make you stronger".....*Fredrich Nietsche*

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his".....*General George Patton*

Dead(Lift)
08-27-07, 6:18 pm
I like Bruce Lee's quotes:

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

"Fighting is not something sought after, yet it is something that seeks you."

Also IDK if in my signature, thats a quote, because its by me, but I love that one as well.

R.Bearse1
08-29-07, 7:51 pm
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

xjoshiex
08-30-07, 7:19 pm

Henry Rollins

same one i was going to put down, henry rollins is out of his fucking mind