PDA

View Full Version : Promoting the ABC's

naturalguy
01-16-08, 10:26 am
We are spreading the word about the ABC's on some other sites. We have a thread going on bodybuilding.com:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5342233

I've been updating the Northeast events and some others in this thread however I encourage all the coordinators to update the thread with your upcoming events. This thread gets a lot of traffic and we've picked up some great additions to the Animal crew through it. Please put a link to your regions thread from here on the forvm so that people can sign up.

Hoomgar
02-19-08, 4:15 pm
That thread is why I am here on the FORVM.

Your time is appreciated all of you who help to make it all work.

BiG in NYC 823
03-28-08, 3:47 pm
We are spreading the word about the ABC's on some other sites. We have a thread going on bodybuilding.com:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5342233

I've been updating the Northeast events and some others in this thread however I encourage all the coordinators to update the thread with your upcoming events. This thread gets a lot of traffic and we've picked up some great additions to the Animal crew through it. Please put a link to your regions thread from here on the forvm so that people can sign up.

^^ He is the reason why i signed up for the FORVM..thanks brother!!

I hope to see you soon in the next NY ABC lifting session...keep up the work!

Universal Rep
04-24-08, 10:03 am
^^ He is the reason why i signed up for the FORVM..thanks brother!!

I hope to see you soon in the next NY ABC lifting session...keep up the work!

He's a good bro and he's been promoted to National ABC Coordinator for his tireless efforts...

N. Motta
10-29-09, 7:41 pm
Fellas

Just looking for some advice and suggestions on how to bette promote the FORVM and the ABCs here in Utah. I am always getting blank stares upon telling people what it is all about. At least 50% of the guys I talk to, have never even heard of a forum. What is this 1945? I get the impression that folks think that talking to people online and potentially meeting them to train, is the same as meeting an online pedophile for some free candy.

Any other threads you could point me to, that would help me recruit some more people and give them an idea of how great a resource the FORVM is?

In my small circle in Utah, there are some real bangers in the gyms, I just don't know what to do different, to get them to check the site out.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-29-09, 7:50 pm
Fellas

Just looking for some advice and suggestions on how to bette promote the FORVM and the ABCs here in Utah. I am always getting blank stares upon telling people what it is all about. At least 50% of the guys I talk to, have never even heard of a forum. What is this 1945? I get the impression that folks think that talking to people online and potentially meeting them to train, is the same as meeting an online pedophile for some free candy.

Any other threads you could point me to, that would help me recruit some more people and give them an idea of how great a resource the FORVM is?

In my small circle in Utah, there are some real bangers in the gyms, I just don't know what to do different, to get them to check the site out.

Rep your Animal gear. Wrist wraps, shirts, hats, go all out. People tell me all the time how bad ass my iconic T's are, they say "Animal, thats badass, but what is it?" Keep your cans in your bag. Hell I take my Pak hours before I workout, but I carry it in my gym bag because I get asked atleast 1-2 times a week what supplements I take. So I dig around in my bag, and pull out my Pak, M-stak, or Cuts cans and give them some general information on Animal and tell them to get on the FORVM and do some research.

N. Motta
10-29-09, 8:01 pm
Rep your Animal gear. Wrist wraps, shirts, hats, go all out. People tell me all the time how bad ass my iconic T's are, they say "Animal, thats badass, but what is it?" Keep your cans in your bag. Hell I take my Pak hours before I workout, but I carry it in my gym bag because I get asked atleast 1-2 times a week what supplements I take. So I dig around in my bag, and pull out my Pak, M-stak, or Cuts cans and give them some general information on Animal and tell them to get on the FORVM and do some research.

Good thinking, thanks for the suggestion. Straps and wraps, check. I actually wear my Animal hoody every night to work (Golds Gym) and ironically enough, most people tease me for it. They like to remark, "Oh what's up Animal?"

I will begin to tote my cans of supps in my gym bag and in the man-purse as well.

Another thing is, probably 9 out of 10 guys don't know what Animal even is. I suspect that this is due to local private and chain vitamin stores not carrying/pushing too much Animal products; if any at all. The only thing I have found in the local GNC or Max Muscle is Animal Pak. I wonder if corporate has any way of enticing more local retailers to carry some Animal/Universal.

newbreed
10-29-09, 8:08 pm
Good thinking, thanks for the suggestion. Straps and wraps, check. I actually wear my Animal hoody every night to work (Golds Gym) and ironically enough, most people tease me for it. They like to remark, "Oh what's up Animal?"

I will begin to tote my cans of supps in my gym bag and in the man-purse as well.

Another thing is, probably 9 out of 10 guys don't know what Animal even is. I suspect that this is due to local private and chain vitamin stores not carrying/pushing too much Animal products; if any at all. The only thing I have found in the local GNC or Max Muscle is Animal Pak. I wonder if corporate has any way of enticing more local retailers to carry some Animal/Universal.

You through a kickass ABC this past summer you can do it again bro. You got the heart and desire so go get another one together my good man. Oh by the way, I may be coming down around March.

N. Motta
10-29-09, 8:14 pm
Yo Kyle, thanks homie.

You have to understand, your bunch made up for 3 of the attending members. Haha. The only other people from that day that ever log in here are Sage and Monika, and that is sporadic at best. Due to that, and my inability to successfully recruit some new members, the Utah ABCs are pretty stagnant.

Unfortunately, my neck of Utah is very closed minded to anything that is not mainstream.

Firefist
10-29-09, 9:42 pm
Fellas

bro i completely hear ya. its really hard to explain our feelings about this lifestyle to others. most people are look at me like, "i dont get it man. so you guys just go and lift together?" they dont get the commraderie that goes around, the new people you meet, the new things you learn, etc. haha try explaining this to them in another language. Out of the many people i explained it to, about 10 guys got the picture and we kicked off the first one in taiwan.

my boy, cantget2big had some great points. The guys in the taiwan gym noticed me in an animal shirt every day, (i have 7 of them so i can rotate one a day if i want) and they got curious. Then they looked at my supplement bag. Thier reactions?.....

"WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!"

i explained alot of shit to them, and some of them have taken animal products before. When I get a new guy, from the US or overseas, interested about animal, i pretty much follow these steps.....

1. When asked, i explain the product I am taking and why it is superior to others on the market. (price, taste, results, etc.)
2. Ask them about thier goals. Then i recommend products according to what they are lookin for (if i could count how many guys ive gotten on m-stak and storm...)
3. They say something like...yeah animal always looked a little to hardcore for me. I tell them about the forvm and respond, we all take our training, nutrition and sups very seriously, but we arent hardasses who stare people down.
4. Tell them about the ABC, how you can meet some pros, train with some likeminded folks, maybe get some free samples of some products i just told them about.
5. Ask them to join or ride with me to the next one and see for themselves.

Keep on doin your thang bro, push the movement!

N. Motta
10-30-09, 1:34 am
Right on homie. Thanks for those suggestions. I never thought of that approach, and it makes sense. Because damn near every guy in the gym has the aspirations of improving their current physique/personal records. Gonna roll with that and see if I can make something happen out here. Thanks again.

newbreed
11-01-09, 9:58 am
Put up some flyers at Fat Alberts and Golds. Make it interesting with the sayings and at the end mention training with a bunch of Animals. Don't give up bro. Make up a few flyers, put them up at a few gyms. Hell, you work at Gold's try to push a gathering for there and talk to people about any questions they have at the gym since you work there.

N. Motta
11-01-09, 11:23 am
For sure. Definitely going to get on that. Monday will be a busy day! :)

J Wolf
07-20-11, 12:28 pm
Minnesota needs some more guy. Anyway we could get a hand from the big dudes to set more up?

skibasgym
03-28-13, 9:41 am
The Animal Barbell Club has been one of the most positive events and contributors to my gym..Not only do they bring new ideas into the gym but they introduce lifters who otherwise would not have travelled to make an effort
to train on a neutral turf.

Henri Skiba
Skiasgym Careret NJ

Merc_enary
04-02-13, 2:56 pm
I recently moved here to San Diego CA and from what I have seen here bodybuilding is not that big. And what i mean by this is that, take for example the last show i went here on SD. There were nearly 30+ (god knows if even more) "physique" competitors than any other category including bodybuilding. Bodybuilding/powerlifting is what this community hovers around for the most part whereas what people here deem a stage worthy body is a pack of abs and a fake tan. No legs, no thickness, no heavy lifting, just the mentioned above.I think we have to remember people what TRAINING is all about, that it is not just a workout. That this is a lifestyle.

charlievanriper
04-04-13, 4:01 pm
Phoenix Animal Barbell Club at MetroFlexGym-Phx

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?28165-Phoenix-Arizona-ABC