PDA

View Full Version : A Day In My Life

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

jer
01-29-08, 9:29 pm
Damn Vinny, you just brought this vibe down a few notches with that last post.

That's some rough shit right there.

naturalguy
01-29-08, 9:30 pm
Damn Vin, I was going to ask to be your training partner but not after reading that

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:31 pm
on a lighter note....i was super strong today.

well....strong for me....lol

on my last set of dumbell shoulder presses....i got up the 90's for 6 reps.

and i'm up to 135 for 6 reps with snatches

i'm getting stronger, so i'm a happy camper....

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 9:32 pm
i said it once and i would said it again
i wish i was lucky enough to have you as a training partner

i am not a quitter you can be sure about it

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:32 pm
Damn Vin, I was going to ask to be your training partner but not after reading that

hey unless you have an undisclosed drug habit or suffer from depression....your good....lol

deanna7272
01-29-08, 9:33 pm
That's insane...

It makes you take a step back and look at how you can be on top of the world one minute and things can take a spiral in a split second... It gives me a sense of live for the moment and make the most of it...

You are right, it's not the norm out of you Vinny, but it's your life, and that's why we're here....

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:34 pm
Damn Vinny, you just brought this vibe down a few notches with that last post.

That's some rough shit right there.

hey its not always sunshine and roses my brother....life sucks sometimes.....but its how you deal with it.

when i saw the scene in the last rocky balboa movie when he gave his son that speech in the street.....it fucking hit home big time.

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:38 pm
Anyway.....sorry to fuck your night up.....lol

did i tell ya i pressed the 90's today over my head for 6 reps

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:40 pm
i said it once and i would said it again
i wish i was lucky enough to have you as a training partner

i am not a quitter you can be sure about it

i think i'd have you around just to tell me how great i am.....lol

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 9:43 pm
i think i'd have you around just to tell me how great i am.....lol

well i got faith that one day i will have a chanse to prove you wrong, you are a great man and a bad ass bodybuilder i gotta recognize that you are one of the men i look up to but when i am in the weight room i am sure i wont be kissin your ass ;)

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:46 pm
well i got faith that one day i will have a chanse to prove you wrong, you are a great man and a bad ass bodybuilder i gotta recognize that you are one of the men i look up to but when i am in the weight room i am sure i wont be kissin your ass ;)

i respect your drive....if i tease you, i like you.

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 9:47 pm
i respect your drive....if i tease you, i like you.

thanks man i respect you too

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:56 pm
ok back to a funny story now.

so i'm in little italy eating diinner with freinds at carmines.

in walks two big men dressed in very classy suites, and they are staring at me like they want to bash my face in.

they walk back and forth a few times burning a hole in me.

now they start to walk over to my table.....and i turn my fork around to get ready to fuckin stab one of them in the face.

now i'm from jersey...and some people say i sound lke rocky, but these guys were definitly wise guys.....so one of them asks me if i'm vinny galanti....and my life passed before me, i thought they were going to shoot me/ and i say yes, and next thing i know they are shaking my hand, and taking pictures with me.....they told me they were big fans.

LOL

Sir J-Werk
01-29-08, 10:13 pm
I can see the t-shirts now.... "I met Vinny Galanti and all I got was this fork in my face."

LMAO!!!

deanna7272
01-29-08, 10:17 pm
Yep....

I definitely would have peed my pants....

LMAO...

Pizzalamp
01-29-08, 10:57 pm

in walks two big men dressed in very classy suites, and they are staring at me like they want to bash my face in.

now they start to walk over to my table.....and i turn my fork around to get ready to fuckin stab one of them in the face.

now i'm from jersey...and some people say i sound lke rocky, but these guys were definitly wise guys.....so one of them asks me if i'm vinny galanti....and my life passed before me, i thought they were going to shoot me/ and i say yes, and next thing i know they are shaking my hand, and taking pictures with me.....they told me they were big fans.

LOL

lol
hey vinny-u ever eat at lombardis on spring st in little italy??

Vinny G
01-30-08, 9:56 am
lol
hey vinny-u ever eat at lombardis on spring st in little italy??

AbsoFuckinlutely

Lowdown5
01-30-08, 9:58 am

LOL

That is fuckin funny Vinny!

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 9:58 am

LOL

i would fuckin shit on my pants

Big Wides
01-30-08, 10:01 am
did i tell ya i pressed the 90's today over my head for 6 reps

dont forget the 135x6 on snatches.....nothing like having that kind of weight extended over your brain pot

jer
01-30-08, 10:21 am
Now that's a good story. LOL

So Vinny, you ever think about writing a book someday? I'm sure you could fill it with crazy stories like the ones in this thread. A nice little autobiography.

Vinny G
01-30-08, 11:18 am
Now that's a good story. LOL

So Vinny, you ever think about writing a book someday? I'm sure you could fill it with crazy stories like the ones in this thread. A nice little autobiography.

yes, but who would buy it...lol

Lowdown5
01-30-08, 11:20 am
yes, but who would buy it...lol

Get the guys in the suits from the restaurant to market it for you and EVERYONE would buy it, you know what I mean?? LOL

ChandlerXJ
01-30-08, 1:02 pm
my Italian friend - besides your grandmothers - and your mothers - and possibly your wifes - where's your favorite place to get meatballs.

I think the best meatball I ever had was at Cafe Martoranos in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

wasrmc
01-30-08, 1:06 pm
i have had real bad luck with my training partners.....

when i take on a training partner, i look at it as a cop looks to his partner....i got your back.
i have NEVER had a full time training partner take me as serious as i took him and the training,
so i have stopped getting close to people, and now train alone, except for one day a week i train on Saturdays as much as we can with this guy Bill, who is way stronger than i am, so its good for me.

1st serious training partner:

i was young and it was 1990, we trained together for 2 years up to that point and after he won the overall in the 90 masters suburban.....he suffered depression and tried to jump off the bayonne bridge.

2nd serious training partner:

we trained for about 3 years...and he was killed in a car accident

3rd serious training partner...and last

1997 we trained together for over a year to get him ready for the 97 nj states.....long story short....he went on a coke binge for a few months after he lost the show, and passed away by july.

yes, i know this is not my usual fun story.....but i thought i'd throw in some real life shit that has happened.

I am looking for a training partner in northern nj. i am pretty strong guy. i would like the chance to be your training partner vinny ! What would it take to be your training partner?
I think you could teach a young guy alot!! What you think??

Vinny G
01-30-08, 7:05 pm
my Italian friend - besides your grandmothers - and your mothers - and possibly your wifes - where's your favorite place to get meatballs.

I think the best meatball I ever had was at Cafe Martoranos in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

I do the cooking on sunday.....meatballs , sweet sausage, gravy

for those of you who think gravy is brown.....some italians call sauce "gravy"

stumblin54
01-30-08, 7:16 pm
4:30pm - steamed chicken and beef from the chinese rest. with a quart of white rice

7:30pm - salad/ arugula, riddiccio, steak, and mushrooms

Arugula as in the greens? I see it written this way, and also Arigola, and don't know the difference. Is there one? And that's a lot of shakes in the am on this particular day (the 28th I believe), was there any particular reason for this or were you just short on time? I'm all ears to new approaches...

Stumblin

ChandlerXJ
01-30-08, 8:01 pm
Next time there's a Philly gathering I'll bring you some amazing sausage from my butcher - you'll fucking love it vin

Vinny G
01-30-08, 9:39 pm
Next time there's a Philly gathering I'll bring you some amazing sausage from my butcher - you'll fucking love it vin

i should have a small gathering at my studio.....and then pasta at my house after.

Vinny G
01-30-08, 9:43 pm
Arugula as in the greens? I see it written this way, and also Arigola, and don't know the difference. Is there one? And that's a lot of shakes in the am on this particular day (the 28th I believe), was there any particular reason for this or were you just short on time? I'm all ears to new approaches...

Stumblin

when i am 12 weeks out from my show i will make sure i follow a set plan, but right now its offseason and i have to pay attention to detail in my business not my diet.

i use shakes now to get in the protein because i dont have time to eat on some days.

Pizzalamp
01-30-08, 11:56 pm
AbsoFuckinlutely

Their pizza is sooo good there-i want to get back there as soon as possible
I still want to try johns on Bleeker st, grimaldis, and tottonos in coney island

Toni69
01-31-08, 4:18 am
I still want to try johns on Bleeker st, grimaldis, and tottonos in coney island

Im a huge fan of Goodfella's pizzeria/restaurant in Staten Island, NY...love that place.

naturalguy
01-31-08, 7:50 am

Im a huge fan of Goodfella's pizzeria/restaurant in Staten Island, NY...love that place.

All good places but my favorite is L & B Spumoni Gardens (square pie) on 86th st. in Brooklyn

jer
01-31-08, 12:27 pm
I'm sure all those places make a great pie, but if you're ever in New Haven, Pepe's on Wooster Street is the best I've had. I know Grant has been dying to try it.

i should have a small gathering at my studio.....and then pasta at my house after.

This would be cool Vin. I'm sure it would have to be invite only if you wanted to keep it small, cuz I think you'd have a solid 30 guy's and gals that would be down for that.

stumblin54
01-31-08, 1:56 pm
i use shakes now to get in the protein because i dont have time to eat on some days.

Thanks cuz.

Stumblin

ChandlerXJ
01-31-08, 7:30 pm
Vin, what do your leg days look these days?

I'm struggling - I can't squat for shit... I can do a respectable 225 to the flow for 10, but after that, I fall apart - I gotta get these fuckers to grow... at my school gym we don't have a leg press, so I go under the smith and use that, but still, a strain on the lower back...

I'd like to see how you're keeping your legs massive - because you're vinny the king.

Vinny G
01-31-08, 7:33 pm
Vin, what do your leg days look these days?

I'm struggling - I can't squat for shit... I can do a respectable 225 to the flow for 10, but after that, I fall apart - I gotta get these fuckers to grow... at my school gym we don't have a leg press, so I go under the smith and use that, but still, a strain on the lower back...

I'd like to see how you're keeping your legs massive - because you're vinny the king.

what do you mean you fall apart>?

ChandlerXJ
01-31-08, 7:40 pm
I just can't go heavy - I fall apart - I try to go heavier, can't - get frustrated then get discouraged and think my legs won't grow...

I don't know if it's my stance or what - just trying to figure out if there is any other sure way I can get some good growth. It's depressing

Vinny G
01-31-08, 7:43 pm
woke up at 5am.....2 scoops of whey

6am....large dunkin donuts ice coffee, trained 3 clients at 6am, 7am, 8am

8:30am....iced tea, bowl of oatmeal, large t-bone at the diner.....i can walk to the diner from my studio.

trained clients at 9am and 10am

12noon....12 ounces of grilled 80/20 ground beef and a bag of success rice, and grilled asparagus.

3pm....2 scoops of whey and a baked potatoe

clients at 4pm and 5pm

6pm....2 scoops of whey

6:30pm...legs

7:30pm 1 packet of Animal nitro G

RIGHT NOW....Just got done with 12 ounces of flank stake and a bag of rice

Vinny G
01-31-08, 7:44 pm
I just can't go heavy - I fall apart - I try to go heavier, can't - get frustrated then get discouraged and think my legs won't grow...

I don't know if it's my stance or what - just trying to figure out if there is any other sure way I can get some good growth. It's depressing

ok well what is your leg routine now?

Vinny G
01-31-08, 7:51 pm
woke up at 5am.....2 scoops of whey

6am....large dunkin donuts ice coffee, trained 3 clients at 6am, 7am, 8am

8:30am....iced tea, bowl of oatmeal, large t-bone at the diner.....i can walk to the diner from my studio.

trained clients at 9am and 10am

12noon....12 ounces of grilled 80/20 ground beef and a bag of success rice, and grilled asparagus.

3pm....2 scoops of whey and a baked potatoe

clients at 4pm and 5pm

6pm....2 scoops of whey

6:30pm...legs

7:30pm 1 packet of Animal nitro G

RIGHT NOW....Just got done with 12 ounces of flank stake and a bag of rice

tonight i was in the mood to get more of a pump than to try and see how much i can lift.

including warm ups....i stuck with 60lbs on the leg curl and did sets of 15 reps, holding each one at the top.

seated leg curls....same thing, 4 sets, 15 reps.

leg extentions....same thing, 4 sets, 20 reps each set.....at 70lbs

squats...smith press....feet very close together, about 3 inches apart, and went very deep.
stayed with 275 for 4 sets of 20 slow pumping reps....i never stood all the way up, i stopped short.

1 leg leg press...2 45's on each side for 2 sets of 20 reps each

ChandlerXJ
01-31-08, 7:55 pm
I tend to switch it up, time to time...

here are a few examples -

Squats, 4-5 sets
Stiff Legged Deads, Heavy
Isolation curls - hams and quads
Hip adductor machines
Dumbbell lunges

Or

Pre-exhaust on ham and quad machines, 5 sets each, light to heavy
Smith Squats
Smith Leg press
Dumbbell Lunges
Hip adductor machines
Finish up on quad and ham machine again

ChandlerXJ
01-31-08, 7:57 pm
OR

When I'm at home in Mass at my gym...

Leg Press - 12,14,16 plates
Squats / or Hack Squats with 16,18 plates
Ham and Quad Machines

Feel The Power
01-31-08, 8:39 pm
does the whey you use in your shakes have any carbs or sugar?? I'm looking to get back into shakes on my cut which I'm starting monday. I love eating whole foods, but some days get busy as hell at work and it would be so much easier to slam a shake in one minute than try to choke down solid food. just curious.

Themostocles
02-01-08, 3:48 am
Awesome thread Vinny. Its nice to know even badasses like you are human, even if you like a freak. And no forks please, I am trying to cut back; besides I have enough holes in my face. -T.

Vinny G
02-02-08, 10:21 am
I tend to switch it up, time to time...

here are a few examples -

Squats, 4-5 sets
Stiff Legged Deads, Heavy
Isolation curls - hams and quads
Hip adductor machines
Dumbbell lunges

Or

Pre-exhaust on ham and quad machines, 5 sets each, light to heavy
Smith Squats
Smith Leg press
Dumbbell Lunges
Hip adductor machines
Finish up on quad and ham machine again

that looks great....

Vinny G
02-02-08, 10:23 am
does the whey you use in your shakes have any carbs or sugar?? I'm looking to get back into shakes on my cut which I'm starting monday. I love eating whole foods, but some days get busy as hell at work and it would be so much easier to slam a shake in one minute than try to choke down solid food. just curious.

zero carbs....but if your shake has under 3 grams, i wouldn't worry

Vinny G
02-02-08, 10:26 am
Awesome thread Vinny. Its nice to know even badasses like you are human, even if you like a freak. And no forks please, I am trying to cut back; besides I have enough holes in my face. -T.

I put my pants on in the morning just like you....i'm not a badass

I'm no better, nothing special......in our world, I'm having fun and people are benefiting from my experience.....but in the big scheme of life, IM not a big deal.....

Hoomgar
02-02-08, 3:06 pm
but in the big scheme of life, IM not a big deal.....

No? Maybe not, but you sure are BIG bro ;)

Vinny G
02-03-08, 4:20 pm
It's the offseason, and on Sunday....it's the only day I chill out.

woke up at 7am.....2 scoops of whey

8:30am...eggs benedict, short stack of pancakes with butter/syrup, iced tea, and coffee.

12 noon....2 scoops of waximaze and 2 scoops of whey

3pm....2 pakets of some new oatmeal i bought in the vitamin shoppe that has whey protein in it too. not bad tasting.

4pm....chocolate ice cream

going to a superbowl party at 5:30

Madcat
02-03-08, 4:36 pm
Vinny,
I just realized that you have Iced Tea with all your mid meals, like around lunch or Brunch etc.

Any reason you prefer it? Unsweetened, sweetened? etc? Im just curious because I love Sweet Tea but have pretty much cut anything like that out of my diet, pop, tea's, non-100% juice, juices. etc.

Just curious.

Vinny G
02-03-08, 10:40 pm
Vinny,
I just realized that you have Iced Tea with all your mid meals, like around lunch or Brunch etc.

Any reason you prefer it? Unsweetened, sweetened? etc? Im just curious because I love Sweet Tea but have pretty much cut anything like that out of my diet, pop, tea's, non-100% juice, juices. etc.

Just curious.

offseason and precontest....besides drinking a ton of water, i drink unsweetened iced tea, diet coke, black coffee

Pizzalamp
02-03-08, 11:00 pm
Vinny lot of good food at the party??

Vinny G
02-04-08, 6:49 pm
Vinny lot of good food at the party??

pizza, burgers, onion rings, taters, cake

Lowdown5
02-04-08, 6:51 pm
pizza, burgers, onion rings, taters, cake

Did you sample it all? LOL

Vinny G
02-04-08, 6:52 pm
my niece christy is adopting a baby girl....she was working with an expecting mother for july, but an unexpected call came in from her lawyer, that another girl gave birth, and the parents that was going to adopt....backed out.

so christy is in texas right now getting her new baby girl....born on friday, 6lbs 5oz Analise

Vinny G
02-04-08, 6:52 pm
Did you sample it all? LOL

YES

Lowdown5
02-04-08, 6:53 pm
YES

Good for you, you earned it!

deanna7272
02-04-08, 7:48 pm
my niece christy is adopting a baby girl....she was working with an expecting mother for july, but an unexpected call came in from her lawyer, that another girl gave birth, and the parents that was going to adopt....backed out.

so christy is in texas right now getting her new baby girl....born on friday, 6lbs 5oz Analise

How exciting!!!! How your life can change in a blink of an eye... Analise is such a beautiful name, I am sure it's fitting....

They are in my thoughts for a safe trip home and a wonderful start to their family...

Vinny G
02-04-08, 7:51 pm
How exciting!!!! How your life can change in a blink of an eye... Analise is such a beautiful name, I am sure it's fitting....

They are in my thoughts for a safe trip home and a wonderful start to their family...

thank you

Lowdown5
02-04-08, 7:59 pm

x2, how cool!

Themostocles
02-04-08, 11:28 pm
"I put my pants on in the morning just like you....i'm not a badass

I'm no better, nothing special......in our world, I'm having fun and people are benefiting from my experience.....but in the big scheme of life, IM not a big deal....."

Maybe not to you, but to the rest of who are aspiring, you are an example and a leader. Don't downplay what you are... -T.

Hoomgar
02-05-08, 9:01 am

x2, how cool!

x3. People like your sister are what helps make the world "work" instead of taking a constant spiral downward. This was really cool to read this AM Vinny, thanks for sharing it.

firsthorseman97
02-05-08, 9:12 am
Good stuff Vinny. Congrats for your niece. I can't imagine how excited she must be.

Maccabee
02-05-08, 12:58 pm

Congrats Vinny, your a great uncle now lol.

Brutus_515
02-05-08, 1:04 pm
Thats awesome man!!!...hope all is well with her and the new addition!....

Oh yeah I asked missy about naming the little monster Vincent like you said...she threw a shit fit...(she is just crazy nowadays) lol...but i will try her again when she is calmer!....oh yeah its due on the day of the finals for the masters!....but dont worry her hospital is right down the road from the hotel!....LOL

Feel The Power
02-05-08, 5:16 pm
yeah congrats x3!!!

Vinny G
02-05-08, 9:54 pm
yeah congrats x3!!!

LOL....i been an uncle since i'm 6 yrs old

my oldest sister is 16 yrs older than me...lol

ChandlerXJ
02-05-08, 10:21 pm
Vin - I just got myself two more contacts at bodybuilding.com, I'm thinking about putting together a press kit at the end of the summer with some pictures and movies for the show idea. I think they'd be into it.

deanna7272
02-07-08, 9:36 am
So... You've been quiet... What's good in your world this week, Vinny?

Feel The Power
02-07-08, 9:41 am
first week of my diet and having awesome results. do you ever have a cheat meal on your precontest diet? If so how often? i'm debating if it would help shock my metabolism if i do one cheat meal a week or if it will sabotage me. let me know, thanks boss.

Feel The Power
02-07-08, 9:42 am
wow!! haha! thats crazy.

LOL....i been an uncle since i'm 6 yrs old

my oldest sister is 16 yrs older than me...lol

Vinny G
02-07-08, 9:48 am
first week of my diet and having awesome results. do you ever have a cheat meal on your precontest diet? If so how often? i'm debating if it would help shock my metabolism if i do one cheat meal a week or if it will sabotage me. let me know, thanks boss.

i cheat every sunday....precontest or not.

jer
02-07-08, 11:22 am

Now that's a diet I can get behind.

Lowdown5
02-07-08, 11:28 am

It's not a "cheat" Vinny, it is a "reward"!! LOL

Hoomgar
02-07-08, 11:31 am
Vinny not posting a lot the last couple days = he is busy...

Busy with life which will no doubt produce more stories to be posted in here then :)

I have really been enjoying following this bro. Makes me feel like I know you even though we have never met. Pretty cool idea.

Feel The Power
02-07-08, 12:54 pm
yes, sounds managable to me.. thanks vin

Now that's a diet I can get behind.

Vinny G
02-08-08, 8:59 am
hey guys, sorry....work has been nuts, and i even miss training all week.
looking forward to training tomorrow at G-diesel's gym.....

Vinny G
02-08-08, 9:04 am
It's not a "cheat" Vinny, it is a "reward"!! LOL

I will be the first to admit....im a bad dieter, i hate it.

so i do better when i eat good all year long, and eat what ever on sundays.
you stay leaner, and you get to enjoy food all the trime, and when 12 weeks comes to real dieting for a show....the trasition is not all that bad.

i just stop cheating all day long, and just cheat for a 2 hour period late in the day on sundays.

Vinny G
02-09-08, 10:05 pm
who can post a picture for me....i want to show everyone my new great niece.....Analise.

they come hme from Texas sometime this week.

jer
02-10-08, 9:28 am
who can post a picture for me....i want to show everyone my new great niece.....Analise.

they come hme from Texas sometime this week.

Can't you just open up a Photobucket account?
http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu

It's pretty simple. You can put all the pics you want on there and show them to people or keep them private if you want.

I'd put it up for you, but I'm not to up on how to do that.

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 4:26 pm
Vinnys great niece Analise, what a beauty!!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/020808_07581.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/020608_05571.jpg

deanna7272
02-10-08, 4:29 pm
Oh my gosh... She's BEAUTIFUL...

Vinny G
02-10-08, 4:42 pm
Vinnys great niece Analise, what a beauty!!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/020808_07581.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/johnnielow/020608_05571.jpg

thanks lowdown for posting it.....

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 5:03 pm
thanks lowdown for posting it.....

Anytime Vin, my pleasure!

Vinny G
02-10-08, 6:04 pm
my countdown will start in 3 weeks for the masters nationals. 20 weeks out from the arnold expo, it will be my last weekend to eat "watever" LOL

right now i'm semi hard "for offseason" 220LBS

I think this will be my first "heavy wt" showing at a national show.....maybe 202-204

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 6:05 pm
my countdown will start in 3 weeks for the masters nationals. 20 weeks out from the arnold expo, it will be my last weekend to eat "watever" LOL

right now i'm semi hard "for offseason" 220LBS

I think this will be my first "heavy wt" showing at a national show.....maybe 202-204

I know that I am looking forward to what you will bring to the stage Vinny.

Vinny G
02-10-08, 6:11 pm
I know that I am looking forward to what you will bring to the stage Vinny.

i'll try my best

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 6:13 pm
i'll try my best

I know you will Vinny and your best is really damn good!

Vinny G
02-10-08, 6:18 pm
i started to train with local competitors here in NJ.

for a while i was doing everything alone, and had zero help or partners....but to be pushed, i need guys that are stronger than i am....if anyone knows tim martin from nj, i trained with him 2x now, and that is "the" stronggest mother fucker i have ever lifted with.

i have 2 comeback shows under my belt since my last show in 2000....5th 2003 nationals, and 2nd 2007 masters nationals.

i thought i'd never get this drive back.....i dnt know what the outcome will be, but i know im going to entertain you along the way.

soon i will start posting clips on youtube.

naturalguy
02-10-08, 6:43 pm
Tim's got some resume. Thats cool to hear you got the fire back Vin.

jer
02-10-08, 7:11 pm
Looking forward to hearing and seeing the progress.

Vinny G
02-10-08, 7:36 pm
Tim's got some resume. Thats cool to hear you got the fire back Vin.

yeah its cool.....i have to tell ya, these ABC events are not only good for these guys here at the forum, but im getting just as much out of them.....their fire is getting me fueled up every time im around these hungry lifters

Pizzalamp
02-10-08, 9:54 pm
Very cute pics Vinny!

Congrats!!!

Vinny G
02-10-08, 10:43 pm
Training with Tim today, i tried something i have never done before.

after doing 6 sets of incline dumbell press...including warmups.

we bench pressed....on each rep, we paused for 1 sec at the bottom, never resting it...but holding it.

then superseted it with a little lighter weight with narrow grip bench...bringing it higher on the chest....again pausing.

great pump.

k1usa
02-11-08, 12:20 am
ya gotta love the different stuff....never fails to get the pump doing something different.....good to hear bro.....always in your corner...

Vinny G
02-11-08, 6:24 am
ya gotta love the different stuff....never fails to get the pump doing something different.....good to hear bro.....always in your corner...

thank you

niladmirari88
02-11-08, 9:29 am
Hey Vinny. I don't know if you remember me but I was helpin out Gary Udit at the Masters Nationals this summer and you were kind enough to give me a "Team Galanti" shirt. I wore it this morning for cardio and just made me wonder how you were doing. Peace.

Vinny G
02-11-08, 9:55 am
Hey Vinny. I don't know if you remember me but I was helpin out Gary Udit at the Masters Nationals this summer and you were kind enough to give me a "Team Galanti" shirt. I wore it this morning for cardio and just made me wonder how you were doing. Peace.

hey dude whats up man....i'll be there again in july.

McFly
02-11-08, 10:06 am
i started to train with local competitors here in NJ.

for a while i was doing everything alone, and had zero help or partners....but to be pushed, i need guys that are stronger than i am....if anyone knows tim martin from nj, i trained with him 2x now, and that is "the" stronggest mother fucker i have ever lifted with.

i have 2 comeback shows under my belt since my last show in 2000....5th 2003 nationals, and 2nd 2007 masters nationals.

i thought i'd never get this drive back.....i dnt know what the outcome will be, but i know im going to entertain you along the way.

soon i will start posting clips on youtube.

this thread is only going to get better as Vinny progresses thru his prep.

good luck Vinny, you have a lot of supporters here that's for sure!!!

jer
02-11-08, 10:14 am
Hey Vinny, you thinking about coming to Brooklyn on Saturday?
I know you're a busy man, just curious.

Vinny G
02-11-08, 10:41 am
Hey Vinny, you thinking about coming to Brooklyn on Saturday?
I know you're a busy man, just curious.

YES.....i will not miss this event.

one of my trainers called out "sick" this past saturday, so i had to stay and train his clients, and miss out on the south jersey event.

but my day is free this saturday, so i will be there.

Vinny G
02-11-08, 10:55 am
this thread is only going to get better as Vinny progresses thru his prep.

good luck Vinny, you have a lot of supporters here that's for sure!!!

yeah you and i gotta train together one event...i think your much stronger than i am, so i'd enjoy the push.....just gotta wait for the old guy to warmup first...lol

Vinny G
02-11-08, 10:58 am
i'm training legs with bridget and my weekend warrior Bill on Saturday.

looking for a 4th to join in.....we will be hiting them with super sets / high reps, and hopefully trying to make bridget throw up.....ready bridget?

LOL

Hoomgar
02-11-08, 11:07 am
Props Vinny. Niece is extremely cute bro :)

Gettin the fire back, yeah! I'm gonna get to meet you and lift with you yet bro.

girlbdybldr
02-11-08, 11:18 am
i'm training legs with bridget and my weekend warrior Bill on Saturday.

looking for a 4th to join in.....we will be hiting them with super sets / high reps, and hopefully trying to make bridget throw up.....ready bridget?

LOL

Wonderful .... just what i love high reps lol ....

Oh I am ready don't worry ...... as long as you don't make me do sissy ass partials lol!

Well its been awhile since i had a throw up leg workout. We'll see if you get me to puke ..... and if i do i am aiming right for you!!! Its on!

Vinny G
02-11-08, 11:20 am
Wonderful .... just what i love high reps lol ....

Oh I am ready don't worry ...... as long as you don't make me do sissy ass partials lol!

Well its been awhile since i had a throw up leg workout. We'll see if you get me to puke ..... and if i do i am aiming right for you!!! Its on!

wow this sounds like a challenge......LOL

girlbdybldr
02-11-08, 11:24 am
wow this sounds like a challenge......LOL

well you know your other workouts we did together were kind of sissy ;) lol ..... so we'll see about legs .....

then again you got me eating nothing all week so I don't even know if I could throw up lol ...

Vinny G
02-11-08, 11:25 am
well you know your other workouts we did together were kind of sissy ;) lol ..... so we'll see about legs .....

then again you got me eating nothing all week so I don't even know if I could throw up lol ...

Damn your asking for it......lol

girlbdybldr
02-11-08, 11:27 am
Damn your asking for it......lol

hell yeah!!! I want to see what you got!

McFly
02-11-08, 11:29 am
yeah you and i gotta train together one event...i think your much stronger than i am, so i'd enjoy the push.....just gotta wait for the old guy to warmup first...lol

I'm game any time, maybe your N. Jersey event? I gotta warm up too, so i understand that....do you wear an assortment of 47 layers of long sleeve shirts, t's and tanks like BigAnt??? haha (Ant's going to kick my ass for that one!!!!)

McFly
02-11-08, 11:31 am
hell yeah!!! I want to see what you got!

OUCH!!! LOL

girlbdybldr
02-11-08, 11:34 am
OUCH!!! LOL

I know i better stop now lol .... i am going to feel bad for whoever decides to train legs with us lol ....

joe-yamma
02-11-08, 12:16 pm
hey dude whats up man....i'll be there again in july.Vinny, the Steel City ABC guys will definitely be there to support you paisan!
from reading this thread we're all excited to see what you bring in July.

Brutus_515
02-11-08, 12:20 pm
haha shit yeah i had a blast with Vinny last year walking around with him all pissed off in station square looking for a place to eat with out a wait..lol...this year we will direct him to bucco de pebos that place is the shit!...

joe-yamma
02-11-08, 12:27 pm
haha shit yeah i had a blast with Vinny last year walking around with him all pissed off in station square looking for a place to eat with out a wait..lol...this year we will direct him to bucco de pebos that place is the shit!...i might know a few places to eat in the area...
i'll throw on a Team Galanti t-shirt and be your south side tour guide

Vinny, you going to come to a ABC session in Pittsburgh?

Vinny G
02-11-08, 1:12 pm
i might know a few places to eat in the area...
i'll throw on a Team Galanti t-shirt and be your south side tour guide

Vinny, you going to come to a ABC session in Pittsburgh?

I been getting a few pm's about this......you gotta hit up universal for that.

but i will if the powers to be say yes.

Vinny G
02-11-08, 1:13 pm
Vinny, the Steel City ABC guys will definitely be there to support you paisan!
from reading this thread we're all excited to see what you bring in July.

cool....this should be a blast

Brutus_515
02-11-08, 1:27 pm
Is Bill coming out for this one too...what show is he doing/

Vinny G
02-11-08, 2:29 pm
Is Bill coming out for this one too...what show is he doing/

= he'll go to the masters....he is 18 weeks out from his first show...looking big, just gotta dial him in...

Brutus_515
02-11-08, 2:55 pm
= he'll go to the masters....he is 18 weeks out from his first show...looking big, just gotta dial him in...

hahah cool man small world that guy and pete went to the same school and played football....big guy too..I am sure you will get him where he needs to be....is it an NJ show?

Rexor91
02-11-08, 4:07 pm
I will be the first to admit....im a bad dieter, i hate it.

so i do better when i eat good all year long, and eat what ever on sundays.
you stay leaner, and you get to enjoy food all the trime, and when 12 weeks comes to real dieting for a show....the trasition is not all that bad.

i just stop cheating all day long, and just cheat for a 2 hour period late in the day on sundays.

lmao, I'm totally in the same boat... dieting is just so damn hard for me

Vinny G
02-13-08, 5:21 am
I had no desire to train the last 2 weeks -

last week i think i got 1 day, and i only trained over this past weekend.....sat and sun.

i was going to go train on monday but talked my self out of it, saying to my self that i just trained 2 days in a row, and forced my self to be there....you never train 3 in a row so why go.

then i was going to train yesterday, but looked at my schedule with clients and talked my self out of going at my normal time of 11am.....and said to my self, go at 7pm when your done with work.

so i actually go at 7pm....and as i drive there....the roads were real bad with snow, and i was getting diverted all over the place......and all of a sudden....there was a McDonalds.

needless to say....i have not trained all that much in the last 2 weeks, and have had more junk food than i would have liked.....well actually i did like it.

i get in ruts like this at least once a year.....i think i'm over trained or what ever, i have no clue why i dont want to train...lol

i think i'll train shoulders and biceps today.....i'll let you guys know later.

i posted this to show you that "we" get in ruts sometimes also, and it is not the end of your life....

McFly
02-13-08, 7:04 am
you have what? 2.5 weeks til you start prepping for master nat's? better to hit that rut now then later, I guess.

Vinny G
02-13-08, 8:03 am
you have what? 2.5 weeks til you start prepping for master nat's? better to hit that rut now then later, I guess.

exactly.....subconsciously i think i do that.

but i wanted to post this and show you guys/girls that even me and probably your favorite pro here on the forum just gets sick of the gym, or just has no interest in training once in a blue moon.

its not the end of the world -

but in a whole, im lovin the gym, and the fact that im into this more than ever....is a great feeling again.

Testpolska
02-13-08, 8:10 am
Considering you've been at this for longer than I've been alive I really have no ground to stand on if I wanted to call you on it. So mabye in another 20+ years of training I might hit a rut like this.

Vinny G
02-13-08, 12:06 pm
Considering you've been at this for longer than I've been alive I really have no ground to stand on if I wanted to call you on it. So mabye in another 20+ years of training I might hit a rut like this.

you dont have to be 40 to hit a rut....

Brutus_515
02-13-08, 12:10 pm

hell my week sucked ass too!!...I have been eating like shit and my training is more of going through the motions....how long does yours usually last mine is like a week and a half...

Lowdown5
02-13-08, 12:10 pm

I read this quote once Vinny, by a guy named Porter Freeman. He is the first spokesman for the Body for Life Challenge. What you wrote made me think of it,

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole"

Get out of that rut before it gets to deep.

Vinny G
02-13-08, 1:45 pm
I read this quote once Vinny, by a guy named Porter Freeman. He is the first spokesman for the Body for Life Challenge. What you wrote made me think of it,

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole"

Get out of that rut before it gets to deep.

awesome quote -

i got out of the grave today.....

an awesome shoulders and biceps training today, super strong.

Lowdown5
02-13-08, 1:51 pm
awesome quote -

i got out of the grave today.....

an awesome shoulders and biceps training today, super strong.

Great news Vin. Glad you liked the quote.

Vinny G
02-13-08, 9:18 pm
Great news Vin. Glad you liked the quote.

here was my training session today:

warm up with a few high reps with side cable laterial -

old fashioned TK seated shoulder press machine...3 sets with the whole stak for 6 reps

front barbell raises with a 25 and 10 on each side of the short bar...3 sets 8 reps

dumbell bent over laterals 3 sets with 70's for 8 reps

narrow grip ez bar preacher curls... 3 sets 45's on each side for 6 reps

seated dumbell curls....3 sets 40's for 8 reps

concentration curls... 2 sets35's for 12 reps

hammer curls...2 sets 50's for 10 reps

behind the back barbell reverse wrist curls....2 sets 45's on each side for 15 reps

Pizzalamp
02-13-08, 9:45 pm
here was my training session today:

warm up with a few high reps with side cable laterial -

old fashioned TK seated shoulder press machine...3 sets with the whole stak for 6 reps

front barbell raises with a 25 and 10 on each side of the short bar...3 sets 8 reps

dumbell bent over laterals 3 sets with 70's for 8 reps

narrow grip ez bar preacher curls... 3 sets 45's on each side for 6 reps

seated dumbell curls....3 sets 40's for 8 reps

concentration curls... 2 sets35's for 12 reps

hammer curls...2 sets 50's for 10 reps

behind the back barbell reverse wrist curls....2 sets 45's on each side for 15 reps
solid workout vinny
ive heard of that shoulder press machine before-always wanted to try it

Feel The Power
02-15-08, 9:23 am
wow!! looks like your outta that rut. if i get in a rut sometimes I will visit a new gym to train. Just for one day and a change of scenery. Then when I go back to my usual gym with all the regulars I feel refreshed for some reason.

18plusarms
02-15-08, 9:50 am
How much do you weigh typically in your offseason? Is the master nationals weight classed?

Lowdown5
02-15-08, 10:49 am
Great session Vinny, looks like that rut is gone.

Vinny G
02-15-08, 2:12 pm
wow!! looks like your outta that rut. if i get in a rut sometimes I will visit a new gym to train. Just for one day and a change of scenery. Then when I go back to my usual gym with all the regulars I feel refreshed for some reason.

i like that idea, i will try that next time...thanks

Vinny G
02-15-08, 2:13 pm
How much do you weigh typically in your offseason? Is the master nationals weight classed?

right now i am 219lbs, and i'll compete about 205 this year -

Brutus_515
02-15-08, 2:29 pm

is that heavyweight?...your were light heavy last year correct?

Vinny G
02-15-08, 2:31 pm
is that heavyweight?...your were light heavy last year correct?

yes, i was got too flat at 198 so i need to not go lighter than 204ish

Brutus_515
02-15-08, 2:50 pm
yes, i was got too flat at 198 so i need to not go lighter than 204ish

Ish..lol...you were a pretty big 198 man....

18plusarms
02-15-08, 2:53 pm

Did you start to diet yet? or is that where you keep yourself.

Vinny G
02-15-08, 4:46 pm
Did you start to diet yet? or is that where you keep yourself.

no man, i start on monday after i come back from the arnold weekend....20 weeks of fun.

McFly
02-18-08, 10:58 am
no new stories from the past lately? surely being at Frenchies in that old school gym had to spark some memories.

glad to hear you got out of that rut!

Vinny G
02-18-08, 1:58 pm
no new stories from the past lately? surely being at Frenchies in that old school gym had to spark some memories.

glad to hear you got out of that rut!

sorry man....i never been there before, so no memories...lol

McFly
02-18-08, 2:13 pm
sorry man....i never been there before, so no memories...lol

oh for some reason I thought you mentioned having been there before.....oh well.....must be my 2nd grade comprehension skills shining through

Vinny G
02-18-08, 2:15 pm
oh for some reason I thought you mentioned having been there before.....oh well.....must be my 2nd grade comprehension skills shining through

thats ok.....lol

im going to stick to just posting here, i know i have afew other threads on the forum...but my attention span is very limited...lol

Vinny G
02-18-08, 2:31 pm
RogueLion and girlbdybldr met up with me yesterday at World gym in Paramus NJ.

Rog has a lot of good energy in the gym, and for a 20 year old has his shit together, no talking, no bullshit...just hard training yesterday.

Rog was there to learn, and he was a motivation to get me to try 315 on the bench....i did manage a few good reps with 185, 225, and 275, but the 315 crushed me....as you all know im not big on the bench....so i got pissed and tried it again, and got up 1 decent rep.

we went up to the 75's on incline flys and finshed off with heavy peck decks

then we moved on to heavy biceps with your basic barbell curls and preacher curls...and finnshed it of with high rep cable curls.

girlbdybldr is starting to look like she is getting ready for a show...the diet is starting to chissle her....she has a ton of muscle on her frame....she has what i call pop muscle, meaning she looks just ok standing there until she starts to pose and train...and then all of a sudden all this muscle pops out of nowhere.....the kind that comes alive on stage.

last week i was in a rut......and this past few days have been an awesome training weekend.

peace

Pizzalamp
02-18-08, 2:34 pm
awesome vinny glad u guys had a good workout

do u have a pig out day before u begin your diet to get all your cravings out of the way?

Vinny G
02-18-08, 2:54 pm
awesome vinny glad u guys had a good workout

do u have a pig out day before u begin your diet to get all your cravings out of the way?

ya know i think thats how i got in my rut....i started a little with eating bad, and then didn't train....subconsiously thinking i was starting soon?

who knows...

but i will be the guy eating a ton of candy at the airport in columbus waiting for the return flight...lol

deanna7272
02-18-08, 7:58 pm
ya know i think thats how i got in my rut....i started a little with eating bad, and then didn't train....subconsiously thinking i was starting soon?

who knows...

but i will be the guy eating a ton of candy at the airport in columbus waiting for the return flight...lol

Mmmmmm.... Candy.... Oh, how I miss candy....lol

Feel The Power
02-19-08, 9:40 am
haha. I hear ya Vin.. my wife decided to do a hell of a lot of baking this weekend. I'm almost 1 month into my diet doing my one cheat meal a week. However.. once I smelled the icing on the cake she made.. one meal turned into one meal plus 2 pieces of cake. ahh..

Mmmmmm.... Candy.... Oh, how I miss candy....lol

Vinny G
02-19-08, 12:47 pm
haha. I hear ya Vin.. my wife decided to do a hell of a lot of baking this weekend. I'm almost 1 month into my diet doing my one cheat meal a week. However.. once I smelled the icing on the cake she made.. one meal turned into one meal plus 2 pieces of cake. ahh..

good thing i do all the cooking.....who's commin over sunday for gravy and pasta?

gravy = meatballs and sausage
sauce- just sauce

Vinny G
02-19-08, 12:50 pm
i just got back from looking at Rav4's, CRV's, and Escapes....im looking for a smaller SUV.

my lease on my Jeep Commander is up in July and im window shoping right now....i hate this ride.

anyone know cars?

Riesjs
02-19-08, 12:51 pm
Those smaller SUVs are all starting to look the same. My wife has a 2006 CRV, she loves it. Rides nice, great mlg. We test drove an escape, didnt like it at all

Big Wides
02-19-08, 12:54 pm
good thing i do all the cooking.....who's commin over sunday for gravy and pasta?

you have no idea how good it feels to see someone else call it gravy.....i call it that at work at get looked at like i have three heads.....

Vinny G
02-19-08, 12:57 pm
you have no idea how good it feels to see someone else call it gravy.....i call it that at work at get looked at like i have three heads.....

LOL

Vinny G
02-19-08, 12:58 pm
Those smaller SUVs are all starting to look the same. My wife has a 2006 CRV, she loves it. Rides nice, great mlg. We test drove an escape, didnt like it at all

I HEAR YA.....I like the Jeep 4door Wrangler also.

going tonight to see if they will eat my last 5 payments since i already have a jeep -

Riesjs
02-19-08, 1:07 pm

going tonight to see if they will eat my last 5 payments since i already have a jeep -

theres just no differences in suvs. haha, good man, get every penny

girlbdybldr
02-19-08, 7:58 pm

sauce- just sauce

I don't know I'm partial to my homemade gravy .... italian is the only food that i cook better then the "wife" lol ...

naturalguy
02-19-08, 8:00 pm

I had a couple of Wranglers, I like them but they are not the best ride for everyday.

I thought you liked my Edge?

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 8:07 pm

THANK YOU!!! my dads from long island and he calls it gravies, and so i say it too sometimes. and my mom is from south jersey and does not believe that people call it gravy or gravies.. so i got really pumped when i just read this thread!!

Feel The Power
02-19-08, 8:15 pm
I have heard really good things about the RAV4 from some of my friends. I have a hyaundi santa fe and have had no problems.. it gets decent gas for a small SUV. Don't know a whole lot about other brands.. I did check consumer reports a while back and Honda and Toyota were at the top in most of the sections. We used to have an ford explorer which we had terrible luck with. Something was always going wrong with that thing and it was a gas hog.

DaveK
02-19-08, 8:27 pm
Vinny - BigAnt just got a Rav4. Got rid of a Pathfinder I think. Seems to like it. My partner has one and loves it.

i just got back from looking at Rav4's, CRV's, and Escapes....im looking for a smaller SUV.

my lease on my Jeep Commander is up in July and im window shoping right now....i hate this ride.

anyone know cars?

naturalguy
02-19-08, 8:42 pm

sauce- just sauce

I don't know I'm partial to my homemade gravy .... italian is the only food that i cook better then the "wife" lol ...

Well someone should host an Animal dinner

Cellerator65
02-19-08, 8:50 pm
vinny, be a badass and get an escalade

girlbdybldr
02-19-08, 8:51 pm

Always welcomed over... my roomy would love to cook real food for once instead of my boring meals .....

Big Wides
02-19-08, 10:08 pm

yes, great idea......I'll be more than happy to lend my pallet to taste test this

deanna7272
02-20-08, 12:16 am
good thing i do all the cooking.....who's comingover sunday for gravy and pasta?

sauce- just sauce

How about April 27th??? That's the day AFTER my 2nd show...lol I plan on taking off about 3 months.... Want to "live it up"... UNLESS I do House's show in September... ((Maybe I should just get through these 2 and go from there???))

Anyway, enough ramblin', it sounds absolutely yummy....

Extreme
02-20-08, 8:16 am
What's up Vinny? Just reading about all this talk on food and cars, and the Gravy part is making me hungry! Anyway, thought I'd throw in my two cents on the SUV bit. IMO you cant go wrong with Toyota, Honda, or Nissan, although I will say I've had minor problems with headlights in all of the nissan's I've owned. I use to be a salesman at a Toyota dealership and always found that those three company's cars were rarely seen back at the dealership for any kind of repairs or problems, but many of the American company's cars seemed to come back frequently for numerous types of problems. Not saying they're bad cars just saying that I noticed the foreign cars and trucks seemed to be a bit more reliable, you spend more time on the road living your life and less time sitting in the service area waiting for your car to come out of the service shop. I personally like the looks of the new CRV and the new Highlander, and if your looking for great gas mileage I know the Highlander comes in a Hybrid model, 30 some miles to the gallon!

Hoomgar
02-20-08, 9:24 am
Ya'll are makin me hungry :)

Vinny G
02-20-08, 9:34 am
What's up Vinny? Just reading about all this talk on food and cars, and the Gravy part is making me hungry! Anyway, thought I'd throw in my two cents on the SUV bit. IMO you cant go wrong with Toyota, Honda, or Nissan, although I will say I've had minor problems with headlights in all of the nissan's I've owned. I use to be a salesman at a Toyota dealership and always found that those three company's cars were rarely seen back at the dealership for any kind of repairs or problems, but many of the American company's cars seemed to come back frequently for numerous types of problems. Not saying they're bad cars just saying that I noticed the foreign cars and trucks seemed to be a bit more reliable, you spend more time on the road living your life and less time sitting in the service area waiting for your car to come out of the service shop. I personally like the looks of the new CRV and the new Highlander, and if your looking for great gas mileage I know the Highlander comes in a Hybrid model, 30 some miles to the gallon!

what do you think of the 4 door jeep?

Hoomgar
02-20-08, 9:40 am

The only down side to any SUV is the gas mileage bro. Jeeps rock. Next to impossible to get stuck even in the absolute worst possible conditions. If you need more than a Jeep then get an H3.

Extreme
02-20-08, 10:04 am

Solid vehicle, and with chryslers lifetime power train warranty its hard to go against it. I'd just caution against any chrysler suspension. I saw a bunch of liberty's, wranglers and grand cherokees come in with suspension problems. But that was before the new 4 door jeeps came out, so chrysler could have fixed the problem, just as they fixed their transmission problems with the RAM. Ask em about it before you buy, somone should be able to shed some light on that issue.

Vinny G
02-20-08, 10:12 am
Thanks guys for the info....i was leaning toward "gas" as my motivation for a smaller SUV, but I also want something cool, with all the options of navigation to leather/heated seats...all the bells and whistles.....looking at the jeep -

Brutus_515
02-20-08, 10:56 am
Thanks guys for the info....i was leaning toward "gas" as my motivation for a smaller SUV, but I also want something cool, with all the options of navigation to leather/heated seats...all the bells and whistles.....looking at the jeep -

dont forget something you can pimp around town with your old girl...(your dog)....thats what made me get a extended cab truck with a bench seat so my two guys can scare folks at red lights lol

Vinny G
02-20-08, 12:41 pm
dont forget something you can pimp around town with your old girl...(your dog)....thats what made me get a extended cab truck with a bench seat so my two guys can scare folks at red lights lol

im my case, people think i have a pig sitting next to me...lol

anyone else have a bulldog?

Brutus_515
02-20-08, 12:49 pm
hahaha nice man

I got an american bulldog/pit mix and a full blood pit....I want to get an english bull dog but they are fricken expensive...

Hoomgar
02-20-08, 12:52 pm
im my case, people think i have a pig sitting next to me...lol

anyone else have a bulldog?

hahaha nice man

I got an american bulldog/pit mix and a full blood pit....I want to get an english bull dog but they are fricken expensive...

LOL great dogs you guys have.

I have a pure blood Yellow Labrador. You better watch out or he might,....

get in the trash...

or maybe eat the neighbor dogs crap.

Yup, ferocious animal man ;)

Brutus_515
02-20-08, 12:54 pm
LOL great dogs you guys have.

I have a pure blood Yellow Labrador. You better watch out or he might,....

get in the trash...

or maybe eat the neighbor dogs crap.

Yup, ferocious animal man ;)

haha thats cool man my pits are like that ...eat shit, garbage SLEEP all fricken day....

my one looks like vinnys dog....lol

ChandlerXJ
02-20-08, 4:39 pm
You can never go wrong with a Jeep. Still made in America. They're just rugged man. East coast weather, snow, sleet, mud, etc. Who wants to get their luxury SUV dirty man? No one. A Jeep looks better the more banged up it looks. It's a testament to time. Let the wife have a nice car, and the men can drive real cars.

Vinny, like you're always told me, simplicity.

Can't get any simpler than a Jeep. And the 4 door wrangler looks fucking BADASS (Hard top looks great too). In the summer, the 4 door Jeep looks nasty with the canvas top on, but the back down, looks amazing.

Vinny G
02-20-08, 10:41 pm
You can never go wrong with a Jeep. Still made in America. They're just rugged man. East coast weather, snow, sleet, mud, etc. Who wants to get their luxury SUV dirty man? No one. A Jeep looks better the more banged up it looks. It's a testament to time. Let the wife have a nice car, and the men can drive real cars.

Vinny, like you're always told me, simplicity.

Can't get any simpler than a Jeep. And the 4 door wrangler looks fucking BADASS (Hard top looks great too). In the summer, the 4 door Jeep looks nasty with the canvas top on, but the back down, looks amazing.

yes....i just ordered one tonight.

it's fully loaded, hard and soft top.....4 door, YELLOW

girlbdybldr
02-20-08, 10:46 pm

That's a hot color ...

BigAnt
02-20-08, 10:55 pm

anyone know cars?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got (on Monday) a 08' RAV4--VERY COOL!

Vinny G
02-21-08, 5:53 am
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got (on Monday) a 08' RAV4--VERY COOL!

that was a sweet ride too....i liked that in the blue.....what color did you get?

naturalguy
02-21-08, 5:58 am

Sweet. I had a yellow Wrangler (2 door version). I hope you got the GPS option LOL.

naturalguy
02-21-08, 10:39 am
A fucked up day in my life today, one week out from the Arnold, I hurt my lower back squatting this morning.

This was a case of NOT listening to my body. I deadlifted fairly heavy on Tuesday and my lower back was sore and tight (warning sign) but what did I do? Like a typical bodybuilder, I figured I would "tough it out" and squat heavy anyway. I had 275 on the bar and went down and felt a sharp pain in my lower back. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get up but I got it up and racked it. Good news is it doesn't feel like it's serious but it is VERY stiff right now. I had trouble getting out of my car when I got home.

I am blaming Vinny for this one, I've been training extra hard for the Arnold Expo since I'll be in the same booth with Vinny and I don't want to look small (just kidding Vin).

Vinny G
02-21-08, 1:39 pm
A fucked up day in my life today, one week out from the Arnold, I hurt my lower back squatting this morning.

This was a case of NOT listening to my body. I deadlifted fairly heavy on Tuesday and my lower back was sore and tight (warning sign) but what did I do? Like a typical bodybuilder, I figured I would "tough it out" and squat heavy anyway. I had 275 on the bar and went down and felt a sharp pain in my lower back. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get up but I got it up and racked it. Good news is it doesn't feel like it's serious but it is VERY stiff right now. I had trouble getting out of my car when I got home.

I am blaming Vinny for this one, I've been training extra hard for the Arnold Expo since I'll be in the same booth with Vinny and I don't want to look small (just kidding Vin).

ice ice ice.....

naturalguy
02-21-08, 2:29 pm
ice ice ice.....

Yeah, did that as soon as I got home and once again later. It's stiff as heck but again I don't think it's serious.

krazyassmexican
02-21-08, 2:31 pm
i need a fucking wrangler or a cherokee
they kick ass!

Hoomgar
02-21-08, 4:14 pm
Yeah, did that as soon as I got home and once again later. It's stiff as heck but again I don't think it's serious.

Dang bro! We'll just go with that "it isn't serious" part and believe for the best for you man. Hmmm, no stranger to back pain/injuries here. Feel for ya man. I blame it all on Arnold! It's all his fault!

naturalguy
02-21-08, 4:42 pm
Dang bro! We'll just go with that "it isn't serious" part and believe for the best for you man. Hmmm, no stranger to back pain/injuries here. Feel for ya man. I blame it all on Arnold! It's all his fault!

I'd rather blame Vinny lol.

In all seriousness, I am very optimistic, I am hoping I wake up tomorrow and it's gone.

jer
02-21-08, 7:23 pm
i need a fucking wrangler or a cherokee
they kick ass!

I love Cherokee's. I've had two. Even after 250,000 miles no major problems.

deanna7272
02-21-08, 8:46 pm

In all seriousness, I am very optimistic, I am hoping I wake up tomorrow and it's gone.

Sorry to butt in, but IF it feels like muscle, you should be good to go with rest, ice, and heat.... The FIRST twinge of NERVE pain down the leg, you'll know.... I have had 2 back surgeries, ALL of my pain was in my right cheek and down the right leg, NOTHING in the back.... My best advice, rest it, bro.... It'll pay in the end....

BigAnt
02-21-08, 9:20 pm
that was a sweet ride too....i liked that in the blue.....what color did you get?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Barcelona red metalic

Vinny G
02-21-08, 9:45 pm
dumbell shoulder press:
3 sets of 40's for 8 reps....warm up
3 sets 60's for 8, 70's for 8, 90's for 6

standing barbell press:
3 sets of 135lbs...9, 9, 7 reps

bent over dumbell laterals

3 sets of 70's 8 reps

Vinny G
02-22-08, 7:57 am
dumbell shoulder press:

standing barbell press:

3 sets of 70's 8 reps

i also did triceps with shoulders:

v-bar push downs
ez bar seated overhead extentions
close bench
rope push downs

12 sets total

Carpe Diem P.T
02-22-08, 8:16 am

v-bar push downs
close bench
rope push downs

12 sets total

wow huge weight on the laterals! its a new favourite exercise of mine. it smashes rear delt so hard.

Feel The Power
02-22-08, 9:04 am
looking strong!

wow huge weight on the laterals! its a new favourite exercise of mine. it smashes rear delt so hard.

Hoomgar
02-22-08, 9:37 am

Yeah buddy, so, how goes the war this AM?

dumbell shoulder press:

standing barbell press:

3 sets of 70's 8 reps

v-bar push downs
close bench
rope push downs

12 sets total

Excellent! Feelin any of it this AM bro?

naturalguy
02-22-08, 10:55 am
Sorry to butt in, but IF it feels like muscle, you should be good to go with rest, ice, and heat.... The FIRST twinge of NERVE pain down the leg, you'll know.... I have had 2 back surgeries, ALL of my pain was in my right cheek and down the right leg, NOTHING in the back.... My best advice, rest it, bro.... It'll pay in the end....

Thank you, I will heed your advice. I don't have any pain down my leg. It is slightly better this morning so thats a good sign.

deanna7272
02-22-08, 11:09 am
Thank you, I will heed your advice. I don't have any pain down my leg. It is slightly better this morning so thats a good sign.

Great to hear... Believe me, I am no expert in ANY stretch of the word, but I've FELT the pain and have been able to discern the difference... Glad you are feeling better... Rest up...

McFly
02-22-08, 11:10 am
Vinny,

looks like you'll have to claim another thread...looks like Intensity hi-jacked this one!!!

hahaha

Vinny G
02-22-08, 11:19 am
Vinny,

looks like you'll have to claim another thread...looks like Intensity hi-jacked this one!!!

hahaha

He's my boy, its ok

Vinny G
02-22-08, 11:21 am
Yeah buddy, so, how goes the war this AM?

Excellent! Feelin any of it this AM bro?

i never get sore from shoulders, but my tri's are toasty

Vinny G
02-22-08, 5:47 pm
here has been my day as far as eating goes, i been doing this for a while now.

5am - 2 scoops whey, 1 tbl p/b

7am - bowl of oatmeal, large steak

10am - 1 bag success rice, 6oz grilled chicken, apple

1pm - baked potatoe, 6oz grilled chicken, orange

4pm - 1 bag of success rice, 1 can of tuna, broccolli

7pm - 10 egg whites 2 yolks, bowl of oatmeal

10pm - 2 scoops of whey

Lowdown5
02-22-08, 6:09 pm

10pm - 2 scoops of whey

Damn Vinny, I can't eat any solid food until at least Tuesday and now I see this. I am freakin starving!!!

Vinny G
02-22-08, 9:40 pm
Damn Vinny, I can't eat any solid food until at least Tuesday and now I see this. I am freakin starving!!!

why cant you eat solid food?

Vinny G
02-23-08, 10:36 am
LEG DAY today

i'll be back

jer
02-23-08, 11:24 am
LEG DAY today

i'll be back

Same here, should be fun.

18plusarms
02-24-08, 8:21 am

10pm - 2 scoops of whey

Have you worked up the numbers on how many calories that is? That is very similar to my in season diet except 1 cup of rice instead of a bag,

Vinny G
02-24-08, 4:24 pm
Have you worked up the numbers on how many calories that is? That is very similar to my in season diet except 1 cup of rice instead of a bag,

thats all off season for me....i never count i just eat.

i normaly dont eat this much, but i have been very hungry latley.

deanna7272
02-24-08, 4:28 pm
You're a growing boy, you NEED to eat....

Lowdown5
02-24-08, 5:38 pm
why cant you eat solid food?

Had some minor surgery, but being a dumbass my doc said no solid food for 2 days, I thought he said til Tuesday. But damn, your meal plan still makes me hungry!!

Vinny G
02-27-08, 1:29 pm
hey guys

i wont be on line until after the arnold weekend....see ya in C-BUS

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:38 am
I was going to post in the other threads about the 08 cage, but i'll just stay right here.

right now a lot of its a blurrrr....so if i leave anything out, just remind me.

BUT BOY DO I HAVE A FEW STORIES FOR YOU GUYS....LOL

this was an awesome weekend, getting a chance to meet and hang out with Deanna, shara, Lowdown, Shaffer, RooRoo, and a bunch of other names that i can not remember off the top of my head...i do aappologize.

the cage had MORE energy than i thought possible.....WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY.

right now i lost my voice from MCing, so i'm glad im writing instead of talking....or shouting...lol

Sgt Rock kicked the cage off with some crazzzzy deads, J-DAWG with a big bench, the BYRD and BRIAN going back and for with squats that made me and G diesel look at each other like...can you fuckin believe that shit.

I TRULY BELIEVE WE HAD THE BEST CAGE, THE BEST SUPPORT FROM YOU GUYS, AND ALL IN ALL....IT FUCKIN PISSED OFF ALL THE OTHER BOOTHS....LOL

We all have seen the ads in the mags from other supp companys copying our "LOOK" and now MANY of the boths are doing BENCH contest, CURLING contest....even MHP had a CAGE that was the size of my BED ROOM.....THAT WAS A JOKE....LOL

And everyone WALKING around with the yellow shirts....it was....a SEA OF YELLOW.

i'll be back with some stories in a few.

krazyassmexican
03-03-08, 8:40 am
I was going to post in the other threads about the 08 cage, but i'll just stay right here.

right now a lot of its a blurrrr....so if i leave anything out, just remind me.

this was an awesome weekend, getting a chance to meet and hang out with Deanna, shara, Lowdown, Shaffer, RooRoo, and a bunch of other names that i can not remember off the top of my head...i do aappologize.

the cage had MORE energy than i thought possible.....WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY.

right now i lost my voice from MCing, so i'm glad im writing instead of talking....or shouting...lol

Sgt Rock kicked the cage off with some crazzzzy deads, J-DAWG with a big bench, the BYRD and BRIAN going back and for with squats that made me and G diesel look at each other like...can you fuckin believe that shit.

I TRULY BELIEVE WE HAD THE BEST CAGE, THE BEST SUPPORT FROM YOU GUYS, AND ALL IN ALL....IT FUCKIN PISSED OFF ALL THE OTHER BOOTHS....LOL

We all have seen the ads in the mags from other supp companys copying our "LOOK" and now MANY of the boths are doing BENCH contest, CURLING contest....even MHP had a CAGE that was the size of my BED ROOM.....THAT WAS A JOKE....LOL

And everyone WALKING around with the yellow shirts....it was....a SEA OF YELLOW.

i'll be back with some stories in a few.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ghost
03-03-08, 8:42 am
Vinny, it was great getting to finally meet you brother.!
I too lost my voice from yelling. lol!!! what a great weekend!!

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:52 am
I have a few stories for ya:

i dont have time to get into it right now, but i will throw out a few TOPICS, and if anyone was there to experience it with me....feel free to chime on in.

the topic range from learning how to get a pig pregnant {no not an ugly slutty girl, but a real pig}

having shots of JD for breakfast.....BUT WE WILL NOT MENTION NAMES....lol

one animal COCK BLOCK another animal from getting "some"......again, we will not mention names...lol

and some other fun things that was a first for ME.....again no names...lol

and i was teaching INTENSITY the fine art of how much CANDY one should eat on a sunday night at the airport.

i have more "topics" but i just cant think of all of them right now.....i'll be back

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:53 am
Vinny, it was great getting to finally meet you brother.!
I too lost my voice from yelling. lol!!! what a great weekend!!

yes it was fun.....glad you enjoyed your self.

deanna7272
Vinny... I want to personally thank you for the time that you spent talking with me about my contest prep and such.... I appreciate your input and will definitely put your info to use.... At times, we don't look at the big picture and focus on ONE thing (mine being the weightloss...lol), but you opened my eyes to the reality that I need to kick my own ass....lol Thanks!!!

You did a great job MC'ing.... Such energy and PERSONALITY.... I am sure that you are having a tough time recuperating....lol 3 days of ANIMAL CRAZINESS....I am so glad that I had the chance to be there... You were right, it was well worth the experience....

I wanted to let you know that I did get some good pics of your seminar and a couple video clips, as soon as I download them I will send them to you.... I will be posting a TON on the Forvm also, so keep an eye out for them... (Oh, speaking of I have a pic of the other "cage"... WHAT A JOKE... No one could ever replicate "THE CAGE")....

Again, it was great getting to hang with you and the other Animals... Yes, it is a FAMILY and I so appreciate being a part of it....

Thanks again...

Big Wides

I'm sure you do, have you had any bacon recently or hot dogs?

Vinny G
03-03-08, 9:01 am
I'm sure you do, have you had any bacon recently or hot dogs?

please help me with who everyone was at the table that night at max and ermmas.

the kid telling the story about his pigs, was awesome...and he had a GREAT sense of humor.
after he told us that sometimes you have to rub the pigs belly to help her in the stages of getting her ready for the BOAR....i opened his eyes to....THATS FOREPLAY and thats exactly how to treat a girl....a slow hand wins every time....lol

and the guy to the right of Shara....i couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying....lol
no serious...he was from England and flew out to hang with us...he was a good sport, and we all got along great.

we all most lost it when....after waiting for an hour for our food...the waiter fell and our steaks went all over the floor.

deanna7272
03-03-08, 9:06 am
Okay... you opwen up the PANDORA'S BOX.....

The PIG stuff was CLASSIC.... I never thought that dinner would lead to SPANKING PIGS or RUBBING their BELLIES = FOREPLAY.....lol Hot dogs will NO LONGER on ANY menu that I will EVER eat....lol

Our steaks being bounced off the floor and extending dinner 45 minutes... The $140.00 NY Strips and GREY GOOSE that we DIDN'T order....lol Thanks for ordering the cookies too, the aroma was AMAZING.... URGH.... Speaking of aroma... Who needs FEBREEZE???

LMAO....

deanna7272
03-03-08, 9:07 am
You posted faster than I did... lol

Vinny G
03-03-08, 9:08 am
Okay... you opwen up the PANDORA'S BOX.....

The PIG stuff was CLASSIC.... I never thought that dinner would lead to SPANKING PIGS or RUBBING their BELLIES = FOREPLAY.....lol Hot dogs will NO LONGER on ANY menu that I will EVER eat....lol

Our steaks being bounced off the floor and extending dinner 45 minutes... The $140.00 NY Strips and GREY GOOSE that we DIDN'T order....lol Thanks for ordering the cookies too, the aroma was AMAZING.... URGH.... Speaking of aroma... Who needs FEBREEZE???

LMAO....

you had to mention FEBREZZE......lol

deanna7272
03-03-08, 9:12 am
you had to mention FEBREZZE......lol

He he he....

Brutus_515
03-03-08, 9:18 am
Hey Vin whats up man glad you made it home safe

Thanks for the lifting session on saturday...I was wrecked got home around 3am...and Sore as hell in the upper chest and bis the next day...(still feeling them this morning)

Oh and when you went over my posing my wife was watching and said you were a monster!...she thought you were 30 something...and thanks for telling me I am not as fat as I thought i was...lol

Big Wides
03-03-08, 9:22 am

the kid telling the story about his pigs, was awesome...and he had a GREAT sense of humor.
after he told us that sometimes you have to rub the pigs belly to help her in the stages of getting her ready for the BOAR....i opened his eyes to....THATS FOREPLAY and thats exactly how to treat a girl....a slow hand wins every time....lol

and the guy to the right of Shara....i couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying....lol
no serious...he was from England and flew out to hang with us...he was a good sport, and we all got along great.

we all most lost it when....after waiting for an hour for our food...the waiter fell and our steaks went all over the floor.

The guy that no one could understand, next to Shara was Paul (ThirdEye), the slient one next to me was Mike (norrm1), and the kid who ruined any pork product i think for the whole table was Nick (lifterkid17 i think)......yes he is one kid that is lightyears ahead of everyone else his age.

seeing all that food crash on the floor, after being the first table there....although not eating the potatoes was a nice way to "stick it to the man"

Vinny G
03-03-08, 9:39 am
The guy that no one could understand, next to Shara was Paul (ThirdEye), the slient one next to me was Mike (norrm1), and the kid who ruined any pork product i think for the whole table was Nick (lifterkid17 i think)......yes he is one kid that is lightyears ahead of everyone else his age.

seeing all that food crash on the floor, after being the first table there....although not eating the potatoes was a nice way to "stick it to the man"

yes...ThirdEye, ALL AROUND NICE GUY....great to meet him.

Pizzalamp
03-03-08, 9:48 am
vinny
thanks for letting me work out with you sat-i learned a lot and my chest and bis are shot

you did a great job mcing the cage too u really got the crowd going

Vinny G
03-03-08, 9:53 am
vinny
thanks for letting me work out with you sat-i learned a lot and my chest and bis are shot

you did a great job mcing the cage too u really got the crowd going

great glad you and shaffer had a good workout....

Phil800101
03-03-08, 10:06 am
Awesome weekend Vinny...great job Mcing. It was awesome to finally get to meet you. My throat is raw and my voice is totally shot from all the yelling at the Cage. Totally worth it though.

Vinny G
03-03-08, 2:40 pm
Awesome weekend Vinny...great job Mcing. It was awesome to finally get to meet you. My throat is raw and my voice is totally shot from all the yelling at the Cage. Totally worth it though.

it was a blast, great meeting you too.

Brutus_515
03-03-08, 2:57 pm
Hey Vinny looking forward to the day in the life of Vinny in prep

LittleMan55
03-03-08, 3:38 pm

Vinny I think the qoute of Friday night was when you asked the waitress if it was going to take 45 minutes to bring out the desert! She stepped back and looked at you and you just laughed. Great time! Hell of a job mcing too! The Cage was way more than I anticipated. You guys killed it!

I say Vinny for President '08 cuz he benches more than any of the other candidates!

norrim1
03-03-08, 3:47 pm
yes...ThirdEye, ALL AROUND NICE GUY....great to meet him.

Here I am, chiming in.....haha. That was one of the funniest conversations I have ever had! At least we got our meal a little cheaper than we thought, thanks to your "wise-guy" accent. LOL It was cool to hang out with you Vinny, see you next year.

REBORN1
03-03-08, 4:39 pm
Vinny- I have a question for you, I know you are a north Jersey guy, so I was wondering if you could recommend a gym or point me in the direction of one, my friend(beastofburden) and I are looking for a gym to train at this summer, and they recently turned our old gym into a spa, any help would be great, we live in morris county, but we are real close to essex county as well. thanks alot

Vinny G
03-03-08, 7:25 pm
Vinny- I have a question for you, I know you are a north Jersey guy, so I was wondering if you could recommend a gym or point me in the direction of one, my friend(beastofburden) and I are looking for a gym to train at this summer, and they recently turned our old gym into a spa, any help would be great, we live in morris county, but we are real close to essex county as well. thanks alot

dude im in bergen county....i have no clue

sorry

Vinny G
03-03-08, 7:26 pm
Here I am, chiming in.....haha. That was one of the funniest conversations I have ever had! At least we got our meal a little cheaper than we thought, thanks to your "wise-guy" accent. LOL It was cool to hang out with you Vinny, see you next year.

I have an accent?

Lowdown5
03-03-08, 7:30 pm
Vinny,

Great to get to meet you and have dinner with you and Al, Ant, J-Dawg and G Diesel on Thursday night. Your stories are classic and I have to say you are a damn good MC (I may be a bit better but that is my opinion, LOL)

Thanks for a great time!

lifterkid17
03-03-08, 7:34 pm

Haha that was my Vinny! I was the pig man and i just got off work lol! it was good to meet ya, you were down to earth and fuckin hilarious to talk to!

jer
03-03-08, 7:46 pm
Vinny you did a great job MC'ing. You really got people into it and let them be part of the experience.
It was good to see you again and me and my "wife" will see you at Strong and Shapely in a few weeks.

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:11 pm
Vinny,

Great to get to meet you and have dinner with you and Al, Ant, J-Dawg and G Diesel on Thursday night. Your stories are classic and I have to say you are a damn good MC (I may be a bit better but that is my opinion, LOL)

Thanks for a great time!

it was very cool to meet you, and im glad you had a good time.
when i get out to cali...i'll let you guys know.

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:12 pm
Haha that was my Vinny! I was the pig man and i just got off work lol! it was good to meet ya, you were down to earth and fuckin hilarious to talk to!

you had a good sense of humor and a good sport about the whole thing.
glad you had a good time, and looking forward to my next hotdog....lol

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:13 pm
Vinny you did a great job MC'ing. You really got people into it and let them be part of the experience.
It was good to see you again and me and my "wife" will see you at Strong and Shapely in a few weeks.

if you guys do get married.....i want to be invited...lol

Lowdown5
03-03-08, 8:22 pm
it was very cool to meet you, and im glad you had a good time.
when i get out to cali...i'll let you guys know.

Hell yes Vinny, anytime!!

lifterkid17
03-03-08, 8:24 pm
you had a good sense of humor and a good sport about the whole thing.
glad you had a good time, and looking forward to my next hotdog....lol

yeah man c ya next year for sure!

Vinny G
03-03-08, 8:27 pm
yeah man c ya next year for sure!

ok maybe next year you'll have a story on how your foreplay skills have been workin on the females......not the pigs, real live girls....lol

GRUNT
03-03-08, 8:30 pm
vinny,

nice meeting you. My little brother who attends penn state and is sort of a hippy got a kick out of you thinking my forum name was "chronic"

he laughed his ass off the whole ride home, him and his little college buds....