PDA

View Full Version : A Day In My Life

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Vinny G
01-18-08, 4:38 am
wake up 5:00am, have a 20oz bottle of water -
get on the computer check emails from clients, and post on the animal forum.

5:15am- shower get ready for work

5:45am- 2 scoops whey isolate / 1 table spoon of natural peanut butter, and then leave for my studio.

6:00am to 8:00am - first clients of the day

8:15am- large rib eye and iced tea at the dinner, 1 animal pak

9:00am- 2nd client

10:00 am- 2 scoops of whey isolate, had full of cashews, 1 animal cuts

11:00 am- 1serving of EAA's leave for the gym
11:15 to 12:15 train and sip on Animal Nitro G and storm during training

1:00pm 3 burgers made from 80/20 lean beef, sprinkle a dash of salf and lots of pepper....grill em up.

during lunch at home do paper work and answer emails and get on the forum

about 1:30pm take my dog out for a while to play

2:30pm - shower

3:00pm- back at my studio to start training clients again until 7:00pm

4:00pm- 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast, and a hand full of almonds, 1 animal pak

7:00pm- 6 ounces of grilled chicken breast, 1 table spoon of natural peanut butter

7:30pm go home

chill out, relax, open mail, call my mom....gotta call mom everyday, and veg on the couch and watch stupid tv

10:00pm- 2 scoops of whey isolate and cashews.........go to to bed -

1 gallon of water throughout the day.

Toni69
01-18-08, 4:44 am
Hey...dont forget checking the million emails you get from me on a daily basis Boss! LOL

What a jam packed day for you! You need to eat big with all you have going on in a day! You know you never cease to amaze me...you rock most of all! Love this and thank you for sharing your day with us. You should write more..about a day with Vinny G!

Vinny G
01-18-08, 4:45 am
oh and talking to toni all day too.....lol

Toni69
01-18-08, 5:11 am
LOL ^^^^ thanks for that!

Ok guys and gals...Vinny is gonna start a bit of a mini-bio here that's all about Vinny. This is actually gonna be really awesome inside stuff about the man, his BB'ing endeavors and accomplishments within the industry and whatever else he wants to share with all of you. This is his story, his life, his thoughts..just a peek into who Vinny G is and what he is all about...he has one hell of a history behind him....so I suggest you stick around for it.

More to Come!

GRUNT
01-18-08, 5:19 am
Paisan...

Man, it has to be a great feeling being your own boss...Do I envy you....Crazy offer was presented to me out here in good old kuwait to attend an ISSA seminar and become certified for a very cheap price. I have some contractors pushing me in that direction for potential off duty hiring. Your thoughts?

Vinny G
01-18-08, 5:21 am
Paisan...

Man, it has to be a great feeling being your own boss...Do I envy you....Crazy offer was presented to me out here in good old kuwait to attend an ISSA seminar and become certified for a very cheap price. I have some contractors pushing me in that direction for potential off duty hiring. Your thoughts?

if i could do it all over again, i would never have opened the studio...just worked 6am to 1pm training clients......lol

GRUNT
01-18-08, 5:23 am
Got it, experience is the best teacher. Thank you for the advice, appreciate it..

McFly
01-18-08, 8:44 am
Wow, this could be an interesting thread, inside the world of Vinny. I'll be checking this out for sure.

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 9:37 am
HAHA i seen pics of your dog at your gym...what do you feed her!!..lol

Hollow
01-18-08, 9:54 am
Thanks for sharing Vinny!

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:21 am
Ok...this isnt an "Ask Vinny" thread he has one of those here already,
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9660

This is Vinny's thread to do and say as he pleases. Im about to post some great pics of the man and he can take it from there...and so, it shall begin.....

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:27 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/VINCE024.jpg

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:28 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/VinceGalanti1999.jpg

oh yea..they get better with age too!

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:28 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/mostmuscularVinny.jpg

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:30 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/sidechestmorningvinny.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/1weekoutsidec2vinny.jpg

My Boss is looking dam good! LOL

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:31 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/sidechest07masters.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/twist07masters.jpg

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 11:36 am
DANG!! do you ever not look ripped?

niladmirari88
01-18-08, 11:36 am
I hear you man. Gotta stay in touch with Mom.

Vinny G
01-18-08, 11:42 am
I hear you man. Gotta stay in touch with Mom.

if i dont call my mom EVERYDAY, she give the old italian mom guilt trip...lol

GRUNT
01-18-08, 11:45 am
Ok...this isnt an "Ask Vinny" thread he has one of those here already,
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9660

This is Vinny's thread to do and say as he pleases. Im about to post some great pics of the man and he can take it from there...and so, it shall begin.....

Absolutely correct..I will slap my hand and correct myself ma'am..LOL

Big Wides
01-18-08, 11:48 am
the old italian mom guilt trip...lol

those are zero fun, and i do my best to avoid them at all costs

deanna7272
01-18-08, 11:51 am
Great job on the pics Toni.... Keep em coming....

Can't wait for July, YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK THE STAGE Vinny... Keep up the GREAT work...

Keep us posted...

Toni69
01-18-08, 11:51 am
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/DSC_0064copy.jpg

2007 Bev Francis, NYC

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 11:56 am
Dang toni!!!....how tall are you girl...

Toni69
01-18-08, 12:02 pm
Im a shrimpo..5 ft tall....LOL

Vinny G
01-18-08, 12:04 pm
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/DSC_0064copy.jpg

2007 Bev Francis, NYC

Damn...i thought i'd never do a thumbs up pose.

Nightshift
01-18-08, 12:08 pm
And the hair...always perfect!! J/K Great pics Vinny! Looking better every year!

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 12:22 pm

whats next the pointing pose?.....lol...I think all I have seen with you is a bicep shot..lol...your arm is plastered all over the place!..lol

deanna7272
01-18-08, 1:12 pm

Gee, why not???? It's SOOOO original....

I expect one at the Arnold...lol

Vinny G
01-18-08, 1:55 pm
Gee, why not???? It's SOOOO original....

I expect one at the Arnold...lol

you go it...lol

Vinny G
01-18-08, 2:24 pm
i'm going to post up and show you what i do through the day, and still be able to attack the gym, and get all my meals in.

i get lots of pm's asking for quick advice for "faster" results.

by posting my pictures up through the years, gives you guys an understanding of what i, and my fellow animals like Joe Lad and Sgt have spent years plugging at.

this fuckin shit aint easy, it aint fuckin pretty...and there is no fuckin quick fix.

right now i just woke up from a 1 hour coma off the couch....yesterday was legs, and my system is all fucked up right now.

i missed a meal....and of all fuckin days i have no food in my fridge.
my dog needs attention....and i'm gungry.....good thing i'm not training today.

jer
01-18-08, 2:53 pm
Good stuff. lol

I love the rib eye at 8:15 in the morning.

Also, Toni, it's great to put a face with the name, I think I've read all you're recipes and they are all damn good. BTW, you look nothing like I pictured.

Keep it coming Vinny.

Vinny G
01-18-08, 3:34 pm
Good stuff. lol

I love the rib eye at 8:15 in the morning.

Also, Toni, it's great to put a face with the name, I think I've read all you're recipes and they are all damn good. BTW, you look nothing like I pictured.

Keep it coming Vinny.

Jer, i know your not sking me for ADVICE...but you never tell a women......BTW you look nothing like i pictured.....LOL

McFly
01-18-08, 3:40 pm
Jer, i know your not sking me for ADVICE...but you never tell a women......BTW you look nothing like i pictured.....LOL

OMG i just really laughed out loud!!!!

Damn someone bring back the Dr. Vinny "how to wine a dine the ladies" thread

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 3:40 pm
I waiting to hear from toni to ask what he pictured her as?!...lol

jer
01-18-08, 3:54 pm

Yeah, I guess that didn't come across too well. lol It was meant as a pleasant surprise.

What I pictured was a tall, blond, 200lb. Pro Bodybuilder type, ala Joanna Thomas(ish). Maybe its the London thing, I don't know.

The picture I saw was a petite dark haired, very toned and gorgeous women. (Not saying women like Joanna are ugly, just not my type)

I hope this clears up the guess work.

Sorry if I offended Toni.

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 4:04 pm
Yeah, I guess that didn't come across too well. lol It was meant as a pleasant surprise.

What I pictured was a tall, blond, 200lb. Pro Bodybuilder type, ala Joanna Thomas(ish). Maybe its the London thing, I don't know.

The picture I saw was a petite dark haired, very toned and gorgeous women. (Not saying women like Joanna are ugly, just not my type)

I hope this clears up the guess work.

Sorry if I offended Toni.

haha....nice

Vinny G
01-18-08, 6:06 pm
today was unusually bad all around.
missed 2 meals, sometimes life bites ya in the ass.

i cant remember the last time i put my meals aside and had to deal with something that everything else had to be dropped.

naturalguy
01-18-08, 6:22 pm
Good thread Vin. It really gives insight to what it takes to succeed.

Toni69
01-18-08, 6:30 pm
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/thecageVinny.jpg

Toni69
01-18-08, 6:36 pm
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Tonigal6969/Vinny%20G/VinnyandCharles.jpg

Vinny G
01-19-08, 6:22 am
CT ABC today......i have work until 11am, and INTENSITY's picking me up at my studio to drive up together.

Toni69
01-19-08, 6:31 am
Cool! Look foward to seeing those pics later!

jer
01-19-08, 9:36 am
CT ABC today......i have work until 11am, and INTENSITY's picking me up at my studio to drive up together.

Glad you guys are making the trip up again.

Vinny G
01-19-08, 7:19 pm
Glad you guys are making the trip up again.

had fun today.

the equipment in that golds gym is one of the best i have seen.

Pizzalamp
01-19-08, 8:30 pm
great thread vinny im def gonna be coming back all the time

i love reading about how the big guys structure their day

Brutus_515
01-20-08, 11:10 am
Vinny what does your non-training days look like?

Vinny G
01-20-08, 12:44 pm
Vinny what does your non-training days look like?

Well today is sunday, and its not only my non training day, its also my fuckoff day.

i got out of bed at 8:30am and had 2 scoops of whey with 2 tbl spoons of peanut butter

and at 12:30 pm i had the same thing.

but all morning i have been making a clean sweep of my home office, and getting everything from 2007 ready for my acountant.

after i did all that, i paid bills and now im here writing this.....in a few im going to my wife's freinds 4yr olds b-day....so you know im going to eat some high sugar crap today.

then going over my sister-in-laws for the Giants game.....and PIZZA.

FOR THE RECORD.....I'M A COWBOY FAN - so i hope the giants win today and beat the fucking shit out of NEW ENGLAND......but we all know that aint happenin

And later tonight im going to eat some more crap....i dont know what yet...but i do know i have some chocolate ice cream waiting for me in the freezer.

Vinny G
01-20-08, 12:44 pm
great thread vinny im def gonna be coming back all the time

i love reading about how the big guys structure their day

PIZALAMP.....HOWS IT HANGIN

Toni69
01-20-08, 12:46 pm
Is that like a cheat day for you or do you pretty much eat like that while in bulk mode?

Vinny G
01-20-08, 12:51 pm
Is that like a cheat day for you or do you pretty much eat like that while in bulk mode?

i would never have a sunday like this if i were training for a show.

however i am in the offseason, and i put a lot of work into training, diet during the week and my business.

if i dont let off some steam with food on sunday, i go nuts and then i find my self eating bad on a tue or and even a wed...and i dont want to do that.

when its precontest....i do cheat once on a sunday.

Vinny G
01-20-08, 12:55 pm
I remember the first time i trained for a contest, i was 16 yrs old and very cocky.

i heard you should eat fish while on a diet, so ate fish sandwitches from Mc Donalds everyday....

i placed 3rd out of 3.....LOL

Maccabee
01-20-08, 1:00 pm
I remember the first time i trained for a contest, i was 16 yrs old and very cocky.

i heard you should eat fish while on a diet, so ate fish sandwitches from Mc Donalds everyday....

i placed 3rd out of 3.....LOL

Thats mad funny Vinny lol.

deanna7272
01-20-08, 1:01 pm
Well today is sunday, and its not only my non training day, its also my fuckoff day.

i got out of bed at 8:30am and had 2 scoops of whey with 2 tbl spoons of peanut butter

but all morning i have been making a clean sweep of my home office, and getting everything from 2007 ready for my acountant.

after i did all that, i paid bills and now im here writing this.....in a few im going to my wife's freinds 4yr olds b-day....so you know im going to eat some high sugar crap today.

FOR THE RECORD.....I'M A COWBOY FAN - so i hope the giants win today and beat the fucking shit out of NEW ENGLAND......but we all know that aint happenin

And later tonight im going to eat some more crap....i dont know what yet...but i do know i have some chocolate ice cream waiting for me in the freezer.

That makes my belly hurt.....lol

Funny you mentioned the Mickey D's fish... Andy just told me yesterday that we had a guy that was training and his fish came BATTERED and FRIED from our local fish market.... Another one was the guy that had MILK with his OATS, everyday....lol I guess when you ASSUME that people KNOW how to eat, that's what happens... (Kind of like my first 4 weeks weighing my food AFTER it was prepared... silly silly girl....)

Have a great Sunday... I have to take my stepson back to his mom's in Cleveland... I am NOT looking at 6 HOURS in my Jeep!!!! I am jealous of your bday parties and football.... Eat up my friend....

Big Wides
01-20-08, 1:18 pm
FOR THE RECORD.....I'M A COWBOY FAN

from nothern jersey and a cowboy's fan.....thats blashpamy up there from what i've been told.....

Vinny G
01-20-08, 1:33 pm
from nothern jersey and a cowboy's fan.....thats blashpamy up there from what i've been told.....

i live in a land of giants......lol

Renegade223
01-20-08, 1:52 pm
Vinny,

Great thread man.
And for the record the COWBOYS will be back.

Renegade.

Lowdown5
01-20-08, 4:16 pm
Great thread Vinny, this is the kind of stuff that makes the FORVM great!

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 4:19 pm
PIZALAMP.....HOWS IT HANGIN

things are good just relaxing today

Madcat
01-20-08, 7:22 pm
Vinny,
This is an amazing post, I actually have always wondered what bodybuilders days look like. I ve read several flex articles with Cutler, Ronnie, and I think Jackoson, but now that I got the chance to meet ya and hear what a normal day is like, its totally amaizng. I can see what all the hardwork has led to and see that even with a f.t. job its still possible.

Awesome post cant wait to read more.

Vinny G
01-20-08, 9:11 pm
i dont know how to add video here...i just found out that someone posted my clip on youtube from the 1993 USA.

If anyone can post it up here...that would be cool.

youtube....vinny galanti 1993 usa

norrim1
01-20-08, 9:13 pm
i dont know how to add video here...i just found out that someone posted my clip on youtube from the 1993 USA.

If anyone can post it up here...that would be cool.

youtube....vinny galanti 1993 usa

Here ya go Vinny,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdmE8ON2Es

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 9:13 pm
cool!!

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 9:18 pm
Damn Vinny u looked imprssive in that video
small waist, great midsection, those biceps are craaazy

Vinny G
01-20-08, 9:33 pm
When I trained for the 93 USA, i was working for the jersey city parking authority.

it was a great job for a bodybuilder. in 92 i won the NJ State and Jr USA weight classes, so....i had some kind of pull with my supervisor , and i got cake jobs.

when i told my head director in april of 93 that i was going to enter the usa in july, he said anything you need...just ask.

well, at the JCPA, the easiest job was the clean up crew....drive around all the city parking lots and CLEAN THEM....sometimes it wasn't pretty.

I asked my director to give me two guys of my choice, and a truck and to clean the lots....he was like....you want to clean lots?

i told him yes, but for the next 20 weeks.....i promise the lots will be sparkiling clean, but NEVER have anyone check up on me....he said no problem no one will bother you.

lets just say the lots were the cleanest they ever been, and i was able to tan, train,cardio, and eat all my food.

we would clean every single lot real good for the first 4 weeks, and got into a routine that they never needed a lot of work....and then when i was 16 weeks out from the USA, we would check all the lots on our route to make sure everything was ok.

then by 9am everyday....i was on my way to the gym, train, cardio, tan....then get back to the office to check out at 3pm.

i went on to win my class in the usa....

Vinny G
01-20-08, 9:34 pm
Damn Vinny u looked imprssive in that video
small waist, great midsection, those biceps are craaazy

dude they lie on that video....i was 162lbs.

NOT 176

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 9:38 pm
dude they lie on that video....i was 162lbs.

NOT 176

hmm u looked alot bigger than 162 to me
i guess its true how they say it can be an illusion sometimes

thats an interesting story about how u had that job

Vinny G
01-20-08, 9:39 pm
hmm u looked alot bigger than 162 to me
i guess its true how they say it can be an illusion sometimes

thats an interesting story about how u had that job

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THOSE GUYS FACES WHEN I PICKED THEM TO BE MY CLEAN UP CREW.

they hated me.....until

jer
01-20-08, 9:40 pm
Great video and story. lol

Good stuff.

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 9:44 pm
YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THOSE GUYS FACES WHEN I PICKED THEM TO BE MY CLEAN UP CREW.

they hated me.....until

i was wondering about ya crew lol

Lowdown5
01-20-08, 9:48 pm
Great video Vinny, a blast from the past!!

deanna7272
01-20-08, 9:56 pm
Great video...

Only getting better with time...

Toni69
01-21-08, 4:18 am
Here ya go Vinny,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdmE8ON2Es

Fantastic vid! Outstanding and my Boss just keeps getting better. Vinny G is this sport...no doubt!

Vinny G
01-21-08, 12:52 pm
my niece christy is 34 yrs old, and at the age of 12 had a HEART TRANSPLANT.

now tell me that aint some hard core animal shit to deal with at fucking 12?

when i used to train for shows, christy was a motivating force....what she has been through in her life medically speaking, would make the toughest dude in the gym run home to mommy.

when i would hear my self complain that the diet is too hard, or i would think the training was getting me tired...Christy's voice would blast a baseball bat across my head.

nothing i have ever done in my life has come close to what christy has experienced, so i make sure i use the term...no stone unturned to the fullest.

she is only 5' 1" and 112lbs....but she is the badest bitch i know.....lol

Brutus_515
01-21-08, 12:58 pm

when i used to train for shows, christy was a motivating force....what she has been through in her life medically speaking, would make the toughest dude in the gym run home to mommy.

when i would hear my self complain that the diet is too hard, or i would think the training was getting me tired...Christy's voice would blast a baseball bat across my head.

nothing i have ever done in my life has come close to what christy has experienced, so i make sure i use the term...no stone unturned to the fullest.

She is an awesome girl!! it was a pleasure meeting her and talking to here about the problems my father was going through last summer.....she seems like she can keep you in check!! haha

Pizzalamp
01-21-08, 1:02 pm

wow 12 years old-that breaks my heart-what a thing for a child to go through
really puts things in perspective

Vinny G
01-21-08, 1:03 pm
She is an awesome girl!! it was a pleasure meeting her and talking to here about the problems my father was going through last summer.....she seems like she can keep you in check!! haha

Yes thats right, you guys meet her......she'll be there in July again, but this time we have to get her a small shirt so she can wear it, not use it as a table cloth....lol

Brutus_515
01-21-08, 1:06 pm
Yes thats right, you guys meet her......she'll be there in July again, but this time we have to get her a small shirt so she can wear it, not use it as a table cloth....lol

Yeah we exchanged a few emails right before christmas when I sent you those pics from the show...she is a very kind girl...i didnt know she was that old ...she looks young...but we will get her hooked up with a shirt that fits...lol

"Team Galanti 08" this is your year brother!

Nightshift
01-22-08, 5:18 am
A good while back you posted a story of a guy that used to come by your studio on his way to the restaurant beside it and make stupid comments to you all the time. Then one day while he was eating, you untied the ladders on his truck and I think loosened the nuts on one of his tires.

I was just wondering if you still see him?

Vinny G
01-22-08, 10:06 am
A good while back you posted a story of a guy that used to come by your studio on his way to the restaurant beside it and make stupid comments to you all the time. Then one day while he was eating, you untied the ladders on his truck and I think loosened the nuts on one of his tires.

all the time...we serve on the board here in my town together.

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 10:16 am
all the time...we serve on the board here in my town together.

HAHA does he know that it was you?....would make for a pretty funny town hall meeting

krazyassmexican
01-22-08, 10:16 am

fuck i missed that where is that story i wanna read it?

Feel The Power
01-22-08, 12:11 pm
i would like to see it also. lol

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:12 pm
i was training chest yesterday, and i had just finnished a set of 225 on the incline smith, and the pain in my left wrist was real bad.

as i went to start my last set, i kinda heard / felt a crakle noise as i rested the weight into my hand when i twisted the bar off the rack.

turns out i have a small fracture in my left wrist....

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:19 pm
i started eating ezeikle bread and cereal, both have no flour, and i think taste ok.

Toni69
01-22-08, 12:20 pm
i was training chest yesterday, and i had just finnished a set of 225 on the incline smith, and the pain in my left wrist was real bad.

as i went to start my last set, i kinda heard / felt a crakle noise as i rested the weight into my hand when i twisted the bar off the rack.

turns out i have a small fracture in my left wrist....

Sorry to hear this Boss..on the smitty too? Damn! How long have you been feeling pains in that wrist...or did they start yesterday?

girlbdybldr
01-22-08, 12:24 pm
i started eating ezeikle bread and cereal, both have no flour, and i think taste ok.

Oh really???? lol ....

The dung will help your wrist heal ...

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 12:25 pm
Dang dude sorry to hear about the bum wrist hope you heel up quick and good!.....

Dung as in POOH dung?

Malloy1344
01-22-08, 12:26 pm

I am thrilled to hear your a Cowboy Fan Vinny.

krazyassmexican
01-22-08, 12:29 pm
is the cereal as good as rolled oats in breakfast?
i want some flavor in my breakfast =(

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:35 pm
is the cereal as good as rolled oats in breakfast?
i want some flavor in my breakfast =(

i have the almond cereal.....i love it

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:36 pm
I am thrilled to hear your a Cowboy Fan Vinny.

romo is my hero.....

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:36 pm
Dang dude sorry to hear about the bum wrist hope you heel up quick and good!.....

Dung as in POOH dung?

dung as in DUNG

girlbdybldr
01-22-08, 12:37 pm

Dung as in POOH dung?

lol there was an article going around how ezekiel made their bread with human dung (yes pooh dung) lol .... Def not true.

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:38 pm
Sorry to hear this Boss..on the smitty too? Damn! How long have you been feeling pains in that wrist...or did they start yesterday?

just yesterday....maybe a little a few weeks ago.

its no big deal....i'll rest a week, and i'll be ok.....no big deal.

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:40 pm
lol there was an article going around how ezekiel made their bread with human dung (yes pooh dung) lol .... Def not true.

yes its true....and i love dung

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:42 pm
so since i cant write about the amazing amounts of weights that i push around.

i will tell you stories of my years in the iron game.

Brutus_515

Eww.... thats just plain nasty I read an article about how it supposed to be "religious" even thought it has sesame seeds on it wich are considered a "pagan" food.....but all that is either here nor there and i dont care....if it is made with crap im not eating it!....(this all probubly isnt even true)

is there any nutirional benifits from eating this stuff?

McFly
romo is my hero.....

HAHA

OMG i was just listening to a philly sports talk radio station and the guy referred to men who love romo as romo-sexuals!! HAHAHA my dad is a cowboys fan too...can't wait to bust his balls with this one. i'm such a horrible son LOL

speaking of dung.....nature calls....ttyl lol

Malloy1344
romo is my hero.....

He's my hero as well. I almost cried when they lost. Next year.....they will be back on track.

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 12:43 pm
so since i cant write about the amazing amounts of weights that i push around.

i will tell you stories of my years in the iron game.

Sweet....

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:54 pm
it was tuesday at a photo shoot in golds / venice after i won the USA, and my wife comeS walking up to me and says....you cant go off your diet........joe weiders office just called the hotel, and they want you to do a shoot on thursday.

as excited as i was.....i was pissed off that i had to eat good for 2 more days.

at the shoot i met joe and lou ferigno.

i asked lou about a fast way to get some protein {REMEMBER NOW ITS 1993}....so he tells me that i should get a blender and blend with milk....a can of tuna, apple sauce, a banana, and oatmeal.

he said i should drink it 2x a day in the offseason to put on size.

my wife over heard him ask joe weider how much do you want to bet that this kid makes the shake as soon as he gets back to his hotel room....LOL

LOU had a good sense of humor...lol

krazyassmexican
01-22-08, 12:55 pm
i have the almond cereal.....i love it
is it sugar loaded?

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:57 pm
is it sugar loaded?

ZERO

Big Wides
01-22-08, 12:57 pm
get a blender and blend with milk....a can of tuna, apple sauce, a banana, and oatmeal.

sad part is, there are wackjobs out there who swear by Tuna shakes, tried them once when i was 17, and that was about the only time i did

Vinny G
01-22-08, 12:58 pm
Hi my name is Vinny.....and i'm a Romosexual - LOL

krazyassmexican
it was tuesday at a photo shoot in golds / venice after i won the USA, and my wife comeS walking up to me and says....you cant go off your diet........joe weiders office just called the hotel, and they want you to do a shoot on thursday.

as excited as i was.....i was pissed off that i had to eat good for 2 more days.

at the shoot i met joe and lou ferigno.

i asked lou about a fast way to get some protein {REMEMBER NOW ITS 1993}....so he tells me that i should get a blender and blend with milk....a can of tuna, apple sauce, a banana, and oatmeal.

he said i should drink it 2x a day in the offseason to put on size.

my wife over heard him ask joe weider how much do you want to bet that this kid makes the shake as soon as he gets back to his hotel room....LOL

LOU had a good sense of humor...lol
was that nasty as recipe real? LOL

Vinny G
sad part is, there are wackjobs out there who swear by Tuna shakes, tried them once when i was 17, and that was about the only time i did

lol....me and you brotha

krazyassmexican
01-22-08, 12:59 pm
ZERO

fuck i am gettin it this weekend!

McFly
01-22-08, 1:05 pm

ROFL!!!!!

you mean to tell me drinking my tuna apple cocktail won't get me big. I QUIT!

Vinny G
01-22-08, 1:52 pm
was that nasty as recipe real? LOL

YES and you should try it.....

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 2:41 pm
Its all going to the same place anyhow the shit isnt supposed to taste good..

Toni69
01-22-08, 2:45 pm
Its all going to the same place anyhow the shit isnt supposed to taste good..

yes and no..I can only tolerate so much..a tuna shake is not gonna go down well with me at all...LOL

I tried the raw egg thing and I swear the texture just icked me the hell out...yet I love oysters...God I miss oysters!

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 2:52 pm
yes and no..I can only tolerate so much..a tuna shake is not gonna go down well with me at all...LOL

I tried the raw egg thing and I swear the texture just icked me the hell out...yet I love oysters...God I miss oysters!

I hope you henced my sarcasim lol...I hate mixing shit together I would rather just eat it one after the other

I HATE PUTTING PB in my shakes I will just eat 2 table spoons outta the jar before i get a big clump in my throat and cough shit out of my nose...shit sucks...lol

oysters...they have the same texture of snot and boogers..lol

Big Wides
01-22-08, 2:58 pm

x2

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 2:59 pm
Hey vinny how about a story of how universal found you or was it you bugging them?...how long ago was that you been with the company for some time now

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:03 pm
I hope you henced my sarcasim lol...I hate mixing shit together I would rather just eat it one after the other

I HATE PUTTING PB in my shakes I will just eat 2 table spoons outta the jar before i get a big clump in my throat and cough shit out of my nose...shit sucks...lol

oh yea..Im not like ripping on ya here...LOL

Oysters are great with hot sauce and a nice cold beer and I dont drink beer..only with my oysters! LOL

You dont like pb in your shakes? You know what...I alternate meal, shake, meal, shake now right...but my shakes are zero carb so I need fats from another source ...so I include 1 tbs pb, but I rather measure the 1 tbs of pb and take my time sucking it off the spoon then mixing into my shakes...more satisfying to me at this point..LOL....that wasnt meant to be perverted either...it really is like a slow gratification as I suck the pb off the spoon...hahaha! forget it! LOL

Malloy1344
01-22-08, 3:06 pm

LOL!!!

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 3:14 pm
oh yea..Im not like ripping on ya here...LOL

Oysters are great with hot sauce and a nice cold beer and I dont drink beer..only with my oysters! LOL

You dont like pb in your shakes? You know what...I alternate meal, shake, meal, shake now right...but my shakes are zero carb so I need fats from another source ...so I include 1 tbs pb, but I rather measure the 1 tbs of pb and take my time sucking it off the spoon then mixing into my shakes...more satisfying to me at this point..LOL....that wasnt meant to be perverted either...it really is like a slow gratification as I suck the pb off the spoon...hahaha! forget it! LOL

HAHA your a trip I was thinking you were until you said you werent lol....but yeah I do the same in the not preverted way either...

I oyesters with hot sauce remind me of bloody boogers and snot....gross

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:18 pm
Hey vinny how about a story of how universal found you or was it you bugging them?...how long ago was that you been with the company for some time now

Hey Boss! We are all hanging out in your house waitin for ya to get ova here and start yapping...this is a good topic here ^^^^^

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 3:22 pm
Hey Boss! We are all hanging out in your house waitin for ya to get ova here and start yapping...this is a good topic here ^^^^^

you mean boogers and snot or the PB thing?

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:26 pm
you mean boogers and snot or the PB thing?

hey...quit following me around! ROFL..I meant on your other request:

"Hey vinny how about a story of how universal found you or was it you bugging them?...how long ago was that you been with the company for some time now"

Brutus_515
01-22-08, 3:28 pm
haha you followed me..dont forget and oh yeah that does seem like a good story....

G Diesel
01-22-08, 3:43 pm
Great thread Vin... Awesome insight and reflections from one of the best. Thanks for sharing bro. Peace, G

Lethal_Banana
01-22-08, 4:09 pm
Oh man. This is awesome! One of the veterans with a truly classical and athletic physique is going to share stories from the trenches! Woooooooooooo. Great!

Thanks for sharing and you are a big inspiration to all of us Vinny!

Cheers,
LB

Vinny G
01-22-08, 5:38 pm

well, before i dive into how universal realized how marketable i am, and that my face would sell millions and millions to the "people" LOL

let me get into a bit on how i worked with a few other company's and what i learned from them.

my first company was in 1992 with JBN "JUST BE NATURAL" and i think they were based in PA.
the owner Rick hired me and he was a nice guy, he put me in his publication and i had nice publicity from them....but they let me go fast because i was an idiot with a big ego...lol

when i did photo shoots for them, i thought i was the mayor of the gym that was about to win the mr olympia...and made sure everyone knew what i was doing....after about a year, they canned me...lol

Vinny G
01-22-08, 5:51 pm
after JBN,i cant remember the names of some of the companies i was with, but they were small...and after JBN, i took things more serious.

then i landed a gig with EAS, and i had a good experience with them overall.

but listen to this.....bill and i agreed on a contract after my 1 yr. deal was up, and 2 days later i get a call from rick anderson from EAS, and rick was pretty much an asshole to me on the phone.....[i have told him to his face]

he tells me that he is now in charge and taking over my deal with EAS, and that he wont sign me for a year like bill and i talked about....and he will only give me 6 months.

he was rude and obnoxious....

jer
01-22-08, 8:26 pm

Just digging deeper Toni. lol

I hear ya though. I'm not dieting but I go with the spoon route as well and I make sure the spoon is clean when I'm done.

jer
01-22-08, 8:33 pm
after JBN,i cant remember the names of some of the companies i was with, but they were small...and after JBN, i took things more serious.

then i landed a gig with EAS, and i had a good experience with them overall.

but listen to this.....bill and i agreed on a contract after my 1 yr. deal was up, and 2 days later i get a call from rick anderson from EAS, and rick was pretty much an asshole to me on the phone.....[i have told him to his face]

he tells me that he is now in charge and taking over my deal with EAS, and that he wont sign me for a year like bill and i talked about....and he will only give me 6 months.

he was rude and obnoxious....

And then.....?

Vinny G
01-22-08, 9:40 pm
And then.....?

and then there was ONE........UNIVERSAL.

11TH YEAR NOW.

i told them that people can relate to me more than they can to dorian yates....it was back in 96ish.

i have had great experience's and i have been with them long enough to see and be part of the growth of the marketing, to be apart of the main ad's in the magazines, and now be apart of this awesome website....and universalnutrition.com

the first year i worked the Arnold, i was walking toward the booth and i stopped in my tracks about 25 yards away from the booth that had a few HUGE pictures of me....that was the first time i have ever seen anything like that, and before i could take another step closer.....i had to call my dad and explain what i was looking at.

my dad bought me my first weight set at around 14 and now im plastered on huge billboards, so it was cool telling him all about it.

i have traveled to some awesome places around the country and around the world...the best place i ever been to was Bogota Columbia, and then Cali Columbia.

i dont remember what country i was in for my connecting flight, but i can tell you that i was fucking sacred shit. i had a crew cut, and i had on a white ginny -t {wife beater} under my sweat shirt, so i thought I'd take the sweat shirt off and walk like a bad ass to my gate....trust me when i tell you this was an airport from out of a movie.....all i kept thinking was that they are going to just take me into custody for being an American that stood out like a sore thumb.

im sitting on my ass with my back up against the wall, and 4 military come over with fucking GUNS pointing at me and trying open my bag up with the gun....asking to see my passport.

an experience that I'll never forget.

Vinny G
01-22-08, 9:52 pm
but the one experience that taught me the most was in 1995 -

i was in florida with gerard dente....now the head of MHP -

we were guest posing at the southern states bodybuilding championships.
gerard was with twin labs at the time, and a few days prior to that weekend in florida i landed a major commercial for twin lab....so in my excitement and joy of my first ever commercial, i tell gerard.....and wouldn't you know that by monday i lost the deal, and gerard got the commercial.

at first i was pissed off at him, but i chalked it up to me being stupid enough for opening my mouth...lol....gerard is a smart and successful business man, and today owns one of the top suuplement company's

now....nobody knows my shit until after its completed.

i learned to keep my mouth shut, and never tell anyone what my projects im working on.

mdh84
01-22-08, 10:55 pm
Vinny, I just want to say that this is an awesome thread! I love the stories and the peek into your busy life. Keep it coming man!!!

Brutus_515
01-23-08, 8:29 am

gerard was with twin labs at the time, and a few days prior to that weekend in florida i landed a major commercial for twin lab....so in my excitement and joy of my first ever commercial, i tell gerard.....and wouldn't you know that by monday i lost the deal, and gerard got the commercial.

at first i was pissed off at him, but i chalked it up to me being stupid enough for opening my mouth...lol....gerard is a smart and successful business man, and today owns one of the top suuplement company's

i learned to keep my mouth shut, and never tell anyone what my projects im working on.

What a buddy fucker!

Vinny G
01-23-08, 8:39 am
What a buddy fucker!

not at all, he is a good guy....he was just smarter than me in business and i was taught a valuable lession.

joe-yamma
01-23-08, 9:36 am
Vin, i remember JBN from back in tha day...
one of the first places i bought supps from.
great stories man, keep them coming

deanna7272
01-23-08, 9:42 am

That is a GREAT piece of advice.... There aren't too many that are out for YOUR best interest... Better safe than sorry....

deanna7272
01-23-08, 10:45 am
In other words... You have to look out for yourself...lol

I couldn't edit my post....lol

Vinny G
01-23-08, 12:28 pm
i been trying the EZEIKLE cereal the last few days, and let me tell ya.....if you need to clean the pipes.....the fiber in this cereal is STRONG......woohhhooo

i think i lost 10lbs LOL

Toni69
01-23-08, 12:36 pm
UGH! BOSS! C'Mon Now! LOL

Big Wides
01-23-08, 12:39 pm
come here for insight, the ability to pick a brain apart and instead I get an update on bowel movements......

Vinny G
01-23-08, 12:42 pm
come here for insight, the ability to pick a brain apart and instead I get an update on bowel movements......

thank you for reading

McFly
01-23-08, 12:46 pm
i been trying the EZEIKLE cereal the last few days, and let me tell ya.....if you need to clean the pipes.....the fiber in this cereal is STRONG......woohhhooo

i think i lost 10lbs LOL

damn, thanks for the info Vinny. this is going to help me get over the top for sure!!! i don't know what these people are complaining about....this is like top secret info....AWESOME!!!

Vinny G
01-23-08, 12:52 pm
so...moving forward.

i go to my first ever arnold expo in 1994, and at that time the expo was downstairs from where they hold the bodybuilding contest today.

i go right up to lou ferrigno's booth, and pull out a picture of me and him from the photo shoot back in july.

i enlarged the picture to the size of poster.....and asked if he remembered me, and i would like an autograph.

he told me 20 bucks, so i say again....i just would like you to sign the picture of us.

and again he say's.....20 bucks for an autograph, but i say to him i dont want buy a picture because i already had one of my own....he asked to see the picture, so i give it to him and he continues to talk to me and starts to focus on other customers but also securing the picture behind his booth.

i had to argue back and forth with him to give me my picture back.....

Toni69
01-23-08, 12:55 pm
OMG! thats nuts Vinny! I actually always liked Lou...hilarious story!

jer
01-23-08, 1:10 pm
I can picture Lou pointing and saying, "Hey Vin what's that over there?" and hiding the poster.

I've always heard that Lou was a real dick about autographs, but I guess that's the nature of the game. Not everyone can win big money in Bodybuilding, so they have to get paid somehow.

I can see Lou and you having quite the banter between you.

Hoomgar
01-23-08, 1:21 pm
so...moving forward.

i go to my first ever arnold expo in 1994, and at that time the expo was downstairs from where they hold the bodybuilding contest today.

i go right up to lou ferrigno's booth, and pull out a picture of me and him from the photo shoot back in july.

i enlarged the picture to the size of poster.....and asked if he remembered me, and i would like an autograph.

he told me 20 bucks, so i say again....i just would like you to sign the picture of us.

and again he say's.....20 bucks for an autograph, but i say to him i dont want buy a picture because i already had one of my own....he asked to see the picture, so i give it to him and he continues to talk to me and starts to focus on other customers but also securing the picture behind his booth.

He couldn't hear what you were saying correctly bro ;)

I just found this thread. Freakin awesome! Thanks Vinny. There goes my morning LOL!

Hoomgar
01-23-08, 1:25 pm
Here is one of you when you were only 21 bro. Almost 2 decades ago.
Welcome to memory lane ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9ZLAVNs0o&feature=related

Feel The Power
01-23-08, 1:41 pm
I never met Lou, but I heard in pumping iron he had a hearing problem.. maybe he just couldn't hear you and kept repeating himself. Still it sounds like a bad experience. I might have to look into that cereal you mentioned for my cut. If I could get 10 lbs out of my pipes that would be swell. haha.

Vinny G
01-23-08, 1:53 pm
Lou knew what I was saying...

Feel The Power
01-23-08, 3:28 pm
man that is pretty shitty then.

G Diesel
01-23-08, 3:55 pm
so...moving forward.

Classy... One more reason why bbing has gone big time. Peace, G

Hoomgar
01-23-08, 3:59 pm

Thats just funny man :)

Lou is one big dude, tall and big! How old where you then?

Vinny G
01-23-08, 4:53 pm
Thats just funny man :)

Lou is one big dude, tall and big! How old where you then?

27.....and when i did the shoot with him, my training partner at the time was 6'4" 270 and looked small next to Lou....lol

Reacher34
01-23-08, 6:04 pm
so...moving forward.

I was a fan...until he tried to charge me $10 JUST TO SHAKE HIS HAND!
I walked away.

Vinny G
01-23-08, 7:16 pm
I walked away.

ok now you know that is not true.....lol

naturalguy
01-23-08, 7:18 pm
Ferrigno is famous for that, if you try to take his picture with your OWN camera, he puts his hand up and asks for $10

Toni69
01-24-08, 3:03 am
My God..this is all way too funny. Im gonna ask to shake his hand at the Arnold if I see him and see if he charges me for it! LOL

I always thought he was good on the King of Queens series. Of course if it was a toss up between him and Vinny..Vinny..your stuck with me! hahaha!

Brutus_515
01-24-08, 9:42 am
The only way I would pay $10 for a pic of him was if he painted himself green and ripped up some purple jeans and wore that crazy wig...LOL...

jer
01-24-08, 9:53 am
The only way I would pay $10 for a pic of him was if he painted himself green and ripped up some purple jeans and wore that crazy wig...LOL...

Classic! Good laugh.

Reacher34
01-24-08, 5:59 pm
I walked away.

ok now you know that is not true.....lol

I swear Vinny, I walked away. I still admire what he's done, but come on....

My God..this is all way too funny. Im gonna ask to shake his hand at the Arnold if I see him and see if he charges me for it! LOL

I always thought he was good on the King of Queens series. Of course if it was a toss up between him and Vinny..Vinny..your stuck with me! hahaha!

They way inflation is going Toni, you should probably bring your checkbook if you want to stand near Ferrigno's booth! How about we go find Vinny and try to soak up some more knowledge instead.

Yes....I quoted myself at the top of this post, lol!

Vinny G
01-24-08, 9:36 pm
one day i got a chance to train with Orvile Burke back in 97ish, and i did legs with him in Brooklyn.

it just snowed about 3-4 inches the day before and everything was fucking frozen.

we started out by warming up with leg press, and by the time we actually started training, i was getting winded...i was not used to moving at the fast pace that orvile was training at.

right after my 2nd working set i was feeling that weird dizzy feeling you get when your about to puke...but nothing happens. then after my 4th set i had to walk outside in the freezing cold to regroup, and all of a sudden......puke all over the place.

i get my shit together, and continue with hack squats, and after the 4th and finnal set, i was not feeling good again.

now we move onto leg extentions....i figure ok this is easy, i'll coast on this with sets of 12,
nope...we do drop set after drop set...and i want to puke again.

after finnishing 3 sets, we move onto leg curl supperset with stiff leg dead lifts.....i never made it past the 1st set. i was back outside sitting on my ass in the snow.

the drive back home on the belt parkway was a nightmare, i had to pull over and throw up again.

that day in brooklyn brought my training to a new level.

although it fucked me up for a few days and i could not walk, i never looked back...if i think i'm not training hard enough....i think of that day.

Lethal_Banana
01-24-08, 9:37 pm
Yes....I quoted myself at the top of this post, lol!

Madness! What is the world coming to?

Great stories Vinny! Keep them coming!

Cheers,
LB

Pizzalamp
01-24-08, 9:41 pm
one day i got a chance to train with Orvile Burke back in 97ish, and i did legs with him in Brooklyn.

it just snowed about 3-4 inches the day before and everything was fucking frozen.

we started out by warming up with leg press, and by the time we actually started training, i was getting winded...i was not used to moving at the fast pace that orvile was training at.

right after my 2nd working set i was feeling that weird dizzy feeling you get when your about to puke...but nothing happens. then after my 4th set i had to walk outside in the freezing cold to regroup, and all of a sudden......puke all over the place.

i get my shit together, and continue with hack squats, and after the 4th and finnal set, i was not feeling good again.

now we move onto leg extentions....i figure ok this is easy, i'll coast on this with sets of 12,

after finnishing 3 sets, we move onto leg curl supperset with stiff leg dead lifts.....i never made it past the 1st set. i was back outside sitting on my ass in the snow.

the drive back home on the belt parkway was a nightmare, i had to pull over and throw up again.

although it fucked me up for a few days and i could not walk, i never looked back...if i think i'm not training hard enough....i think of that day.

woah!

Vinny G
01-24-08, 9:51 pm
woke up at 2:30 am with work related shit on my mind, went back to sleep around 3:30 and had a bad night of sleep overall.

6am
2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

9am
6oz of grilled chicken mixed with grilled vegetables

worked from 7am to 11am...easy work day

12noon
flank steak

tooka nap for an hour......

went into the woods with my bulldog for about an hour

3pm
1 cup of eziekle cereal
1 cup of cottage cheese

5:30pm
2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

6:30pm
2 heaping tsp of eaa's

go train legs

after training.....1 paket of animal nitro g

went out for a large salad and a 24oz ny strip steak and a big baked potaoe

Toni69
01-25-08, 2:42 am
so..you decided to go out for the steak and not marinate your own huh? What? My marinades are too fancy for you? LOL

Great stories here Boss...I learn something new and interesting about you every time I stop by here. Great stuff!

Hollow
01-25-08, 6:23 am

The insanity! Thanks for sharing your stories Vinny!

Vinny G
01-25-08, 6:38 am
here is a funny story.

i meet monica brant in newark airport to catch a flight to germany for the FIBO trade show.
when we arrived in germany, we were taken to a church to go sight seeing, it was a magnificent building with history dating back to world war 2.

after walking around and seeing everything, we started to get tired from the long flight.
we never rested from the flight....just went from checking bags into the hotel to the church.

monica and i decided to sit up against a pillar...i took my gym bag and rested my head and monica fell asleep on my shoulder.......we woke up in the middle of mass.

it was very embarrassing

Lowdown5
01-25-08, 6:49 am
here is a funny story.

i meet monica brant in newark airport to catch a flight to germany for the FIBO trade show.
when we arrived in germany, we were taken to a church to go sight seeing, it was a magnificent building with history dating back to world war 2.

after walking around and seeing everything, we started to get tired from the long flight.
we never rested from the flight....just went from checking bags into the hotel to the church.

monica and i decided to sit up against a pillar...i took my gym bag and rested my head and monica fell asleep on my shoulder.......we woke up in the middle of mass.

it was very embarrassing

Yes, but you had Monica Brants head resting on your shoulder. How many of us here can say that?

Brutus_515
01-25-08, 7:52 am
here is a funny story.

it was very embarrassing

LUCKY!!!....LOL

Vinny G
01-25-08, 8:02 am
Yes, but you had Monica Brants head resting on your shoulder. How many of us here can say that?

true...lol

here is another monica story.

monica did a promo for a store here in north jersey about 8 years ago, and she came out to dinner at an italian resturant with me and my wife, and a few other couples.

my freinds that i hang out with all won either the jr usa, jr nationals, and the mr universe, so their wifes all keep fit too.....and were wondering how monica would eat at dinner.

well....they were all pissed when they orderd grilled fish and steaks, when monica ordered some pasta dish with a sauce like pesto, and to finnish off she ordered a cheese cake for desert.

needless to say all the wifes were like....how the hell does she look that HOT and eat like that....lol

jer
01-25-08, 8:15 am
That leg day with Orville sounds ridiculously intense. I've thrown up before doing legs, but not that bad. I can imagine how shitty that drive home must have been. Nothing like sitting in your car, just wanting to be in the comfort of your own home, when you feel like shit.

Yeah, there are worse things that can happen. lol

jer
01-25-08, 8:18 am
true...lol

monica did a promo for a store here in north jersey about 8 years ago, and she came out to dinner at an italian resturant with me and my wife, and a few other couples.

my freinds that i hang out with all won either the jr usa, jr nationals, and the mr universe, so their wifes all keep fit too.....and were wondering how monica would eat at dinner.

well....they were all pissed when they orderd grilled fish and steaks, when monica ordered some pasta dish with a sauce like pesto, and to finnish off she ordered a cheese cake for desert.

needless to say all the wifes were like....how the hell does she look that HOT and eat like that....lol

Must have been a cheat day. lol

jer
01-25-08, 9:14 am
Hey Vinny, remember this? Champions Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_gWOPk8xUA

deanna7272
01-25-08, 9:20 am
Hey Vinny, remember this? Champions Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_gWOPk8xUA

Damn censors at work block Youtube.... Now I have to wait to get home to watch....

Vinny G
01-25-08, 9:22 am
woke up at 2:30 am with work related shit on my mind, went back to sleep around 3:30 and had a bad night of sleep overall.

6am
2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

9am

12noon
flank steak

3pm
1 cup of eziekle cereal
1 cup of cottage cheese

2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

2 heaping tsp of eaa's

go train legs

my leg day last night

seated leg curls, 5 sets of 6-8 reps, almost the whole stack

partial squats:

i have to watch my lower back with walking out with weight on my shoulders, so i'm forced to squat in the smith machine. i been in a good groove with squating, and i been giving partial squats a try.

my lower back can only handle up to 315 -365 on a good day with deep squats, but i wanted to see if i'd get any results with going heavy with partials.

i am finding that my thighs are getting thicker from the heavy weights.....up to 495lbs for 5-6 reps with the partial movement.

right now i'm be cautious with not pushing the reps yet....its been a while im healthy enough with my back to control and train with this weight....but i think i could have got 8-10 reps last night

back in the day when i was younger, i'd never even think of doing them like this, like it was the pussy way of training with squats....but i do have to say that looking back i was stupid for not having an open mind in trying new stuff.

after partials yesterday, i did 4 sets of 6-8 reps with the stack on leg extentions

then moved onto stiff leg deads for 4 sets.

finnished up with 4 sets of standing calf raise.

Feel The Power
01-25-08, 4:58 pm
I agree, I am hooked on your stories. keep up the good work!!

naturalguy
01-25-08, 5:06 pm
LUCKY!!!....LOL

Thats an understatement!

Good stories Vin, keep 'em coming

krazyassmexican
01-25-08, 5:07 pm
i have been missing tons of great stories
keep em comming vinny

Lowdown5
01-26-08, 6:28 pm
true...lol

Probably something to do with how hard she works, oh and great genetics!!

Vinny G
01-26-08, 7:39 pm
my wife hates when i wear a tank top outside the gym....lol

we were on our way out the door to go to the airport for a vacation, and she goes...your wearing that?

i had just got done doing a photo shoot and i wanted to show of a little and wear a Ginny T tucked into the front of my jeans, and white converes allstars and my yankee baseball cap....here in NJ/NY i fit in like the italian that i am....lol

needless to say she thinks i look like thug, and she wont talk to me the whole ride to newark airport....lol......GUYS who are married....been there? LOL

as soon as i step out of the car, this porter comes running over to me.......

YO YO my man, how much you bench press, and i say 500lbss

i knew it man.....give me your bags and follow me........

he passes us up the HUGE LONG LINE and puts us up front, we got past about an hour wait, AND the guy who was checking us is was CHECKING me out too.....lol

he says to my wife how muscles can get you far, but comfortable at the same time....
she says.....what?

theres room up in first class.....i just bumped you guys up to first class, have a nice flight, and enjoy your vacation.

my wife has no problems with me wearing a tank top now....lol

Lowdown5
01-26-08, 8:22 pm

we were on our way out the door to go to the airport for a vacation, and she goes...your wearing that?

i had just got done doing a photo shoot and i wanted to show of a little and wear a Ginny T tucked into the front of my jeans, and white converes allstars and my yankee baseball cap....here in NJ/NY i fit in like the italian that i am....lol

needless to say she thinks i look like thug, and she wont talk to me the whole ride to newark airport....lol......GUYS who are married....been there? LOL

he passes us up the HUGE LONG LINE and puts us up front, we got past about an hour wait, AND the guy who was checking us is was CHECKING me out too.....lol

he says to my wife how muscles can get you far, but comfortable at the same time....
she says.....what?

theres room up in first class.....i just bumped you guys up to first class, have a nice flight, and enjoy your vacation.

That Vinny is the definition of priceless Brother, made me LOL.

Lethal_Banana
01-26-08, 9:37 pm
Haha. Unbelievable. Made me laugh out loud a few times. Haha.

Cheers,
LB

deanna7272
01-26-08, 10:04 pm

she says.....what?

We wives MUST learn to choose our battles WISELY....lol

Vinny G
01-27-08, 6:58 am
We wives MUST learn to choose our battles WISELY....lol

HaHa

Toni69
01-27-08, 9:08 am
This was a good story..unfortunately, in my case...Im the one (in my marriage), that has to wear the tank top to get any "perks" on the outside. LOL...its getting old. LOL

Feel The Power
01-27-08, 9:23 am
I stopped by the cafeteria at the hospital where i work one time after doing cardio. I was dripping sweat and had a cut off t-shirt on. I didn't get any first class tickets, but they gave me a free gatorade on the house. However, I think they felt sorry for me because I was still breathing hard from running or maybe they just wanted me to leave because I was getting sweat all over the floor. haha. Got a free drink outta it anyhow..

Vinny G
01-27-08, 1:49 pm
I stopped by the cafeteria at the hospital where i work one time after doing cardio. I was dripping sweat and had a cut off t-shirt on. I didn't get any first class tickets, but they gave me a free gatorade on the house. However, I think they felt sorry for me because I was still breathing hard from running or maybe they just wanted me to leave because I was getting sweat all over the floor. haha. Got a free drink outta it anyhow..

perfect...lol

BigAnt
01-27-08, 5:01 pm

6am
2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

9am

12noon
flank steak

3pm
1 cup of eziekle cereal
1 cup of cottage cheese

2 scoops of whey
1 tbl of natty p/b

2 heaping tsp of eaa's

go train legs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

low low carbs....

Vinny G
01-27-08, 7:01 pm
[QUOTE=BigAnt;276447]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

low low carbs....[/QUOTE

yeah buddy.....

stumblin54
01-27-08, 7:29 pm
This was a good story..unfortunately, in my case...Im the one (in my marriage), that has to wear the tank top to get any "perks" on the outside. LOL...its getting old. LOL

Haha nice Toni.

Stumblin

Angst
01-27-08, 7:50 pm
Hey Cuz, was Monica Brant once sponsored by Universal? Couple guys and I at the gathering today was wondering about that.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 7:53 pm
At the Arnold weekend, i will be 20 weeks out from the Masters Nationals.

my prep starts at 16 weeks out with Dave Palumbo in my corner with my diet.

right now i'm an offseason solid 220lbs.

Pizzalamp
01-27-08, 7:55 pm
At the Arnold weekend, i will be 20 weeks out from the Masters Nationals.

my prep starts at 16 weeks out with Dave Palumbo in my corner with my diet.

right now i'm a an offseason solid 220lbs.

Vinny did you eat low carbs this off season? because the 2 times I saw u in person I noticed you def put on size

naturalguy
01-27-08, 8:37 pm
Hey Cuz, was Monica Brant once sponsored by Universal? Couple guys and I at the gathering today was wondering about that.

Yes she was sponsored by Universal a couple of years ago.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 8:38 pm
Vinny did you eat low carbs this off season? because the 2 times I saw u in person I noticed you def put on size

I have been training harder, and I'm glad you notice the results.

you have to understand something about my history of competition -

I have been:

1st 1992 middle wt. jr usa
1st 1993 middle wt. usa
5th 1994 middle wt. nationals
5th 1995 middle wt. nationals
1st light heavy wt. jr nationals
4th 1997 light heavy wt. nationals
6th 1998 light heavy wt. nationals
3rd 1999 light heavy wt. nationals
3rd 2000 light heavy wt. nationals
6th 2001 light heavy wt. nationals
13th 2003 light heavy wt. nationals
5th 2005 light heavy wt. nationals
2nd 2007 light heavy wt. masters nationals

I have a long track record.....and I have had my good years and rocky years.

and let me tell ya.....it sucks plugging away year after year, but I'm WARRIOR .... i dont know the word quit

Its hard holding my head up after I come back without a procard, but it makes me stronger each time.

But this offseason I have been training SMARTER, I have been training with weight that work for my body, and I have been eating foods that only put on muscle.....yes I do have some fun fat...lol......but for the most part I'm leaner, and bigger.

thanks for the kind words.....brother you have made the hard work already pay off -

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 8:42 pm
Vinny,

There is not one person here that doesn't respect the hell out of you. You train like a warrior, diet and do all the right stuff. You show up at the ABC events and are a positive influence in so many peoples lives. Not once have I ever heard anyone say one bad thing about you. That in my book makes you someone to look up to, to want to pattern yourself after.

Respect!

Pizzalamp
01-27-08, 8:46 pm
Vinny,

There is not one person here that doesn't respect the hell out of you. You train like a warrior, diet and do all the right stuff. You show up at the ABC events and are a positive influence in so many peoples lives. Not once have I ever heard anyone say one bad thing about you. That in my book makes you someone to look up to, to want to pattern yourself after.

Respect!

extremely well said John!
Vinny in my opinion is the perfect embodyment of what this sport should be
positivity no matter what cards are dealt, williness to help others achieve and a never give up attitude, plus a body which in my opinion is very appealing, HEALTHY, and impressive

Keep up the great work vinny im so hoping things go great for w/ the masters this year
You inspire the hell out of me!

deanna7272
01-27-08, 8:47 pm
Vinny,

Respect!

Well said and echoed.. Vinny, you are such an inspiration... I haven't been around very long, but from what I've seen, read, and recognized, you are an amazing person throughout and this thread proves it...

Keep doing what you are doing, it's coming man... It's coming....

Vinny G
01-27-08, 8:54 pm
thank you for the support....this forum has started to bring out the old vinny again.

Renji007
01-27-08, 8:57 pm
I've seen pics of vinny, and if he's looking even better than that, I'm willing to stake my last can of PAK that he'll be brining that procard home to the FORVM.

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 9:00 pm
thank you for the support....this forum has started to bring out the old vinny again.

Like i said Vinny, we are lucky to have you here. And I think 2008 is the year that you get that Pro card.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:09 pm
I've seen pics of vinny, and if he's looking even better than that, I'm willing to stake my last can of PAK that he'll be brining that procard home to the FORVM.

thank you -

let me fill you in on what i'm going to be doing.

starting at 20 weeks out....i will post vid's on youtube of my prep.

with each one, you will see the changes.

and i will put all the footage together at the end, and have a hardcore DVD of my prep for the masters nationals.

so look out for my first ever DVD comming this summer

Pizzalamp
01-27-08, 9:10 pm
thank you -

let me fill yuo in on what i'm going to be doing.

and i will put all the footage together at the end, and have a hardcore DVD of my prep for the masters nationals.

YESSSSS!!!!

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 9:11 pm
YESSSSS!!!!

x2

deanna7272
01-27-08, 9:12 pm
thank you -

Cool....

Mark me down for one....

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:13 pm
Cool....

Mark me down for one....

cool...hey we meet in columbus right?

deanna7272
01-27-08, 9:14 pm
cool...hey we meet in columbus right?

Yep.... I was the talkative one....lol

naturalguy
01-27-08, 9:15 pm
Like i said Vinny, we are lucky to have you here. And I think 2008 is the year that you get that Pro card.

Dito. I feel very lucky to have met Vinny.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:27 pm
Yep.... I was the talkative one....lol

ummm there were 3 women, and none of you shut up...lol

I'M JUST JOKKKKKKING.....LOL

jer
01-27-08, 9:29 pm
No kidding right!? I've seen Vinny at the two Golds New Haven ABC's, and the change is size was very noticeable.

thank you -

Mighty cool Vinny, looking forward to checking those out.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:31 pm
Dito. I feel very lucky to have met Vinny.

dude, if it wasn't for you....i wouldn't have tried DC

SO - thank you

jer
01-27-08, 9:34 pm
Masters Nationals gives out 2 Pro cards, right? Overall and runner up?

deanna7272
01-27-08, 9:38 pm
ummm there were 3 women, and none of you shut up...lol

I'M JUST JOKKKKKKING.....LOL

We brought life to the ABC that day....lol

Okay, I was the one with the "I'M NOT HERE TO TALK" T-shirt....lol Remember, they had to come "fetch" me while we talked about stiff legged deadlifts.... (Which I need a refresher course, by the way...lol)

I'll have to reintro myself at the Cage.....

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:45 pm
ok here is a funny story.

its 1995 and i'm at the Mr Olympia working for EAS.

they have us in short purple spandex shorts, and puffy purple pullover wind breaker type parashoot looking top.

and directly across from our booth is the meanest looking guy at dorian yates little stand, selling a book or a video...i dont remember.

it turns out to be yates training partner.....

now for those who know me, know i will talk to ANYONE.....so i go over and say hello, and that im a fan of dorian, and the vids of them training are real great.

the guy just stares at me for a bit, and says to me......

get the fuck out of my face you fucking ***.

i was in fucking shock, and i was trying to figure out if he was goofing around or not and just lookedat him like a dumb fuck...and again he says.....TAKE A FUCKING HIKE YOU FUCKING ****.

so i walk away like a little kid who had his candy taken away and i was lke.....what just happened?

and whats funny.....i was telling this story to intensity on the way up to the CT ABC....and he starts laughing and saying about yeah you were dressed funny is why he called you a ***.....it never dawned on me until 13 yrs later.....lol

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:51 pm
We brought life to the ABC that day....lol

Okay, I was the one with the "I'M NOT HERE TO TALK" T-shirt....lol Remember, they had to come "fetch" me while we talked about stiff legged deadlifts.... (Which I need a refresher course, by the way...lol)

I'll have to reintro myself at the Cage.....

OH COOL....ok i remember......you know Heather and Eric.

Vinny G
01-27-08, 9:54 pm
Masters Nationals gives out 2 Pro cards, right? Overall and runner up?

yes

jer
01-27-08, 9:57 pm

they have us in short purple spandex shorts, and puffy purple pullover wind breaker type parashoot looking top.

and directly across from our booth is the meanest looking guy at dorian yates little stand, selling a book or a video...i dont remember.

now for those who know me, know i will talk to ANYONE.....so i go over and say hello, and that im a fan of dorian, and the vids of them training are real great.

i was in fucking shock, and i was trying to figure out if he was goofing around or not and just lookedat him like a dumb fuck...and again he says.....TAKE A FUCKING HIKE YOU FUCKING ****.

so i walk away like a little kid who had his candy taken away and i was lke.....what just happened?

and whats funny.....i was telling this story to intensity on the way up to the CT ABC....and he starts laughing and saying about yeah you were dressed funny is why he called you a ***.....it never dawned on me until 13 yrs later.....lol

I wish I could have seen your face. lol

deanna7272
01-27-08, 10:01 pm
OH COOL....ok i remember......you know Heather and Eric.

Yep... That's me.... I'm sure you'll see me at the Arnold, I'll be making a beeline for the Cage so I can hook up with Heather... She guided me in last year, I'm an idiot when it comes to driving in Cbus....

Pizzalamp
01-27-08, 10:57 pm

lol that is too funny

naturalguy
01-28-08, 6:45 am
Well you can't blame the guy Vin you were wearing purple spandex shorts, and puffy purple pullover wind breaker type parashoot looking top. LOL

Vinny G
01-28-08, 7:20 am
Well you can't blame the guy Vin you were wearing purple spandex shorts, and puffy purple pullover wind breaker type parashoot looking top. LOL

DUDE THAT WAS A COOL LOOK IN 95

naturalguy
01-28-08, 7:39 am

If you say so

Lowdown5
01-28-08, 7:51 am

I remember seeing an ad for EAS in those days, in 95 that was a cool look. Looking back on it now it is like WTF were they thinking!

jer
01-28-08, 8:53 am
Come on Vinny, you've got to find a pic of you in that get up. lol

krazyassmexican
01-28-08, 8:57 am
vinny those shorts are raw as hell
i fuckin want one of those fuckers that look like singlets that shawn ray used to wear on flex magazine workout videos LOL

deanna7272
01-28-08, 9:41 am

You know they say fashion makes a return every 20 years.... Let's just HOPE this one passes....he he he

naturalguy
01-28-08, 10:53 am
You know they say fashion makes a return every 20 years.... Let's just HOPE this one passes....he he he

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that spandex won't make a comeback, at least I hope not, well not for guys anyway.

Pizzalamp
01-28-08, 10:56 am
I could be wrong but I get the feeling that spandex won't make a comeback, at least I hope not, well not for guys anyway.

so when i go jogging in my spandex shorts, mesh tank top, and my head band, thats not fashionable??

deanna7272
01-28-08, 10:59 am
so when i go jogging in my spandex shorts, mesh tank top, and my head band, thats not fashionable??

That was YOU?????

Brutus_515
01-28-08, 11:15 am

dont forget about the tube socks pushed down to make you calves look bigger....

naturalguy
01-28-08, 11:18 am

It's only cool if you have a walkman and a fannypack

Brutus_515
01-28-08, 11:22 am
It's only cool if you have a walkman and a fannypack

LOL!!!! fannypack's if you never been to the arnold or seen over 300 fannypacks being worn on the front, back or either side....in about a months time

you will be in for a treat..LOL

Freakshow
01-28-08, 11:24 am

LMAO!

NumeroUno
01-28-08, 11:27 am
If you're hyooge, you can wear whatever you want :-)

Brutus_515
01-28-08, 11:32 am
If you're hyooge, you can wear whatever you want :-)

I think it is more like when you are hyooge you dont get told that you shouldnt where dumb shit....except the guy above told Vinny in a round about way

Feel The Power
01-28-08, 1:07 pm
looking forward to following your training on you tube. I don't get out much so I have to keep up with everything online. It will be awesome to go to the arnold this year. Be nice to meet you and all the others. Like i said before.. my late x-mas present. lol.

Vinny G
01-28-08, 1:26 pm
6am- 2 scoops whey isolate, 1 tbl of natty p/b

trained clients at 8 and 9am

9am- same as 6am

10am- 1 serving of eaa's

10:20 to 11:30 trained chest/biceps.....as soon as i started training biceps i started sipping 1 pak of animal nitro g in my shaker

12noon- same as 6 and 9am

1:30pm- 3 jennie-o turkey burgers, 1 tbls of natty p/b, and brussell sprouts

right now i'm not taking any other supps....no animal paks, nothing.
no real reason.....just sometime i take about a 2-3 week break from supps

but i never not take a pre and post supp.

Brutus_515
01-28-08, 2:54 pm
pretty nice day my split and diet is pretty much mirror that....hows the wrist feeling?...

Vinny G
01-28-08, 2:56 pm
pretty nice day my split and diet is pretty much mirror that....hows the wrist feeling?...

im ok, i trained back on saturday, and i was ok doing hammer incline today for chest.

Lethal_Banana
01-28-08, 5:44 pm
Man, I wonder what you'll do with that second pro card, Vinny.

Cheers,
LB

Vinny G
01-28-08, 9:19 pm
Man, I wonder what you'll do with that second pro card, Vinny.

Cheers,
LB

So what your saying is.....you think i CANT win the overall?

Vinny G
01-28-08, 9:22 pm
6am- 2 scoops whey isolate, 1 tbl of natty p/b

trained clients at 8 and 9am

9am- same as 6am

10am- 1 serving of eaa's

10:20 to 11:30 trained chest/biceps.....as soon as i started training biceps i started sipping 1 pak of animal nitro g in my shaker

12noon- same as 6 and 9am

1:30pm- 3 jennie-o turkey burgers, 1 tbls of natty p/b, and brussell sprouts

right now i'm not taking any other supps....no animal paks, nothing.
no real reason.....just sometime i take about a 2-3 week break from supps

but i never not take a pre and post supp.

4:30pm - steamed chicken and beef from the chinese rest. with a quart of white rice

7:30pm - salad/ arugula, riddiccio, steak, and mushrooms

BigAnt
01-28-08, 9:27 pm
Maybe troghy breaking back stage...LOL

NOT YOURS A COMPETITORS -- BY ACCIDENT, YOU WHERE TO BIG TO SIT ON THE COUNTER---REMEMBER>?

NPC SOUTH JERSEY!

Don't worry...they gave ME a new one!

I was like, damn Vinny knocked over my trophy, wow --that was cool, but it was first place...

Pizzalamp
01-28-08, 9:27 pm
4:30pm - steamed chicken and beef from the chinese rest. with a quart of white rice

7:30pm - salad/ arugula, riddiccio, steak, and mushrooms

steamed chicken and beef-i love that-i get it from the chinese place by my house-everyone always complains about the smell and taste but i love it

Vinny G
01-29-08, 6:13 am
Maybe troghy breaking back stage...LOL

NOT YOURS A COMPETITORS -- BY ACCIDENT, YOU WHERE TO BIG TO SIT ON THE COUNTER---REMEMBER>?

NPC SOUTH JERSEY!

Don't worry...they gave ME a new one!

I was like, damn Vinny knocked over my trophy, wow --that was cool, but it was first place...

i was trying to forget that...lol

i was feeling real bad about your trophy.....lol

Lowdown5
01-29-08, 6:36 am
Vinny,

You broke poor Ants trophy? And I thought you were a nice man...........................LOL

Lethal_Banana
01-29-08, 7:01 am
So what your saying is.....you think i CANT win the overall?

Haha, what I am saying is that you'll win both the overall and the runner's up - which probably isn't even possible ;) I missed the runner's up part. I thought they'd deal out two cards, one for the winner of the weight class and another one for the overall winner.

Cheers,
LB

Vinny G
01-29-08, 8:53 pm
Haha, what I am saying is that you'll win both the overall and the runner's up - which probably isn't even possible ;) I missed the runner's up part. I thought they'd deal out two cards, one for the winner of the weight class and another one for the overall winner.

Cheers,
LB

its all good......lol

BigAnt
01-29-08, 8:57 pm
i was trying to forget that...lol

i was feeling real bad about your trophy.....lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guest posed, and you where like 5-6 weeks out, and had striations every where...I said to myself, I ain't ever going to compete again until I get in that condition...

THANKS FOR SETTING THE STANDARD FOR ME!

Vinny G
01-29-08, 9:20 pm
i have had real bad luck with my training partners.....

when i take on a training partner, i look at it as a cop looks to his partner....i got your back.
i have NEVER had a full time training partner take me as serious as i took him and the training,
so i have stopped getting close to people, and now train alone, except for one day a week i train on Saturdays as much as we can with this guy Bill, who is way stronger than i am, so its good for me.

1st serious training partner:

i was young and it was 1990, we trained together for 2 years up to that point and after he won the overall in the 90 masters suburban.....he suffered depression and tried to jump off the bayonne bridge.

2nd serious training partner:

we trained for about 3 years...and he was killed in a car accident

3rd serious training partner...and last

1997 we trained together for over a year to get him ready for the 97 nj states.....long story short....he went on a coke binge for a few months after he lost the show, and passed away by july.

yes, i know this is not my usual fun story.....but i thought i'd throw in some real life shit that has happened.