PDA

View Full Version : The Great White North - Hollow's Journey Eh!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:11 pm
Coo coo coo coo coo....
Take off to the great white north
Take off
Its the beauty way to go
Take off to the great white north

Bob and Doug Mackenzie

This is the journey of one man in the Great White North...

Lowdown5
01-21-08, 8:16 pm
Finally, outstanding!!!!!

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:20 pm
CHEST
Pec Deck...20/20/20/15 - Progressively increasing the weight on each set
Incline BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/5/15 - Pyramiding the weight up
Flat BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/20 - Pyramiding the weight up
Dips...20/20/20

SUPER SET
Standing Calf Raises (Using the Smith Machine)...20/20/20/20 - Full stretch and holding at the top
Seated Inclined Front Raises (Using Olympic Bar)...15/15/15/15 - Concentrating strictly on form here.

...and yes I do have two sled dogs!

Lowdown5
01-21-08, 8:22 pm
CHEST
Pec Deck...20/20/20/15 - Progressively increasing the weight on each set
Incline BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/5/15 - Pyramiding the weight up
Flat BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/20 - Pyramiding the weight up
Dips...20/20/20

SUPER SET
Standing Calf Raises (Using the Smith Machine)...20/20/20/20 - Full stretch and holding at the top
Seated Inclined Front Raises (Using Olympic Bar)...15/15/15/15 - Concentrating strictly on form here.

...and yes I do have two sled dogs!

Solid day you Hoser!!!

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:23 pm
Hey take off eh...thanks!

Lowdown5
01-21-08, 8:26 pm
Hey take off eh...thanks!

Welcome Hoser!! Very cool that you finally have a journey going!!

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:32 pm
BACK
Wide Grip Pull Ups (to the front)...10/10/10/10 - Using the rafters in garage
Deadlifts...12/10/8/6/4/15 - Pyramiding the weight up
Wide Grip Pull Downs (to the back)...12/12/12/12 - Progressively increasing the weight on each set.
Bent Over Rows...15/12/12/12 - Progressively increasing the weight on each set.
TBar Rows (using a lat pull down bar as a handle)...12/12/12/12 - Straight sets without increasing the weight

TRI-SET
Seated Calf Raises (using Smith Machine)...15/15/15/15 - Full stretch and holding at the top of movement
Inclined Seated DB Shrugs...15/15/15/15
Bent Over Side Laterals...15/15/15/15

It was too cold for the kids to spot me so I got the dogs to stay with me.

krazyassmexican
01-21-08, 8:35 pm
about time we read you killin some iron bro
your workouts look great

ProteinJunkie
01-21-08, 8:35 pm
Well I'll be...

Nice work buddy! I'll be watchin' eh?!

PJ

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:38 pm
about time we read you killin some iron bro
your workouts look great

Thanks krazy!

Hollow
01-21-08, 8:42 pm
Well I'll be...

Nice work buddy! I'll be watchin' eh?!

PJ

Thanks my Western friend!

If there are any other Great White Northern'ers in search of a supplement source, send ProteinJunkie a PM. You can't say enough about the great service he provides us North of the border!

blueIMlifter
01-21-08, 9:20 pm
its about time you get a journey set up!!!

and dang hollow u have a lot of volume on your workouts. keep hittin it hard up north there!

Hollow
01-21-08, 9:53 pm
That is one of the benefits I find for myself working out in the cold it gives me an extra boast for higher volume workouts.

jac71
01-21-08, 10:04 pm
I see you started a log....lookin forward to it Hollow1!!
from takin a quick look at your workouts it seems like we have similar ways of trianin!!

Hollow
01-21-08, 10:21 pm
Ahh great minds think alike...lol.

Nightshift
01-22-08, 12:24 am
It's about freakin time!!!! Great volume! Easy to see where you get all you definition from!!!

Chin
01-22-08, 12:29 am
It's about freakin time!!!! Great volume! Easy to see where you get all you definition from!!!

Ha I must agree...

Its good to see you finally came around Hollow, this is going to be subbed for sure no... don't mind me if some of your workouts get copied...

Chin

violator
01-22-08, 12:46 am
Bout damn time this journey was listed....good luck wit it bro....
Nice volume on the workouts, i like it, the cold must bring out the animal in ya!

Northman
01-22-08, 2:49 pm
I noticed you didn't mention chopping wood. How on earth did you manage to stay warm without chopping wood!?!

This is great. I've been looking forward to seeing how a man crafts such a physique (especially that crazy v-taper) in his garage.

Hollow
01-22-08, 6:17 pm

Thanks! Nightshift and Chin were the driving force behind me starting my journey...lol!

Hollow
01-22-08, 6:18 pm
Ha I must agree...

Its good to see you finally came around Hollow, this is going to be subbed for sure no... don't mind me if some of your workouts get copied...

Chin

Copy away because I've been keeping a close eye on your workouts too...mmm now let me see...legs...

Hollow
01-22-08, 6:19 pm
Bout damn time this journey was listed....good luck wit it bro....
Nice volume on the workouts, i like it, the cold must bring out the animal in ya!

Thanks, the cold certainly helps light a fire to keep moving the weights.

Hollow
01-22-08, 6:23 pm
I noticed you didn't mention chopping wood. How on earth did you manage to stay warm without chopping wood!?!

This is great. I've been looking forward to seeing how a man crafts such a physique (especially that crazy v-taper) in his garage.

All my wood is cut. It might be time to get some more as it looks like Old Man Winter is back.

Northman
01-22-08, 6:30 pm
All my wood is cut. It might be time to get some more as it looks like Old Man Winter is back.

So what do you swing your axe at?

Hollow
01-22-08, 7:48 pm
LMAO...right now it sits idle. I could always bring some skids home from work and start breaking them up during sets.

Hollow
01-23-08, 8:38 pm
LEGS
Leg Extensions Super Setted with Leg Curls...15/15/15/15 - Progressively adding weight each set and taking a minimum break between sets (Pre-Exhausting Legs)
Squats...15/12/10/8/6/4/4/4/20 - Pyramiding the weight up each set (last set of 20 was the same weight I used at the 10 Rep interval)
Romanian Deadlifts...12/10/8/6/5/6 - Pyramiding weight up each set
DB Lunges...Opted to do these outside today...did the length of the yard twice - lesson learned for next time, clean up the dog poo before starting!

CALVES/ABS
Super Setted
Seated Calves........15/15/15/15
Declined Crunches...15/15/15/15

jac71
01-23-08, 8:56 pm
solid wheel day Hollow....love the volume!!

blueIMlifter
01-23-08, 9:26 pm
just when i thought i did a lot of squats....damn man u make my squat workouts look like im warming up. all that volume must wreak havoc the following few days!

Northman
01-23-08, 10:39 pm
some people use intensity principles... Hollow1 uses insanity principles!

That kind of leg volume is crazy. Then you took it outside. I wonder what your neighbors thought. Walking in dog poo, that's just shitty.

Chin
01-23-08, 11:23 pm
LEGS
Leg Extensions Super Setted with Leg Curls...15/15/15/15 - Progressively adding weight each set and taking a minimum break between sets (Pre-Exhausting Legs)
Squats...15/12/10/8/6/4/4/4/20 - Pyramiding the weight up each set (last set of 20 was the same weight I used at the 10 Rep interval)
Romanian Deadlifts...12/10/8/6/5/6 - Pyramiding weight up each set
DB Lunges...Opted to do these outside today...did the length of the yard twice - lesson learned for next time, clean up the dog poo before starting!

CALVES/ABS
Super Setted
Seated Calves........15/15/15/15
Declined Crunches...15/15/15/15

This is interesting... So those are your sets in volume... but is there an actual weight value?

Chin

Hollow
01-24-08, 7:38 am
Just my personal choice not to include poundage.

Hollow
01-24-08, 7:49 am
just when i thought i did a lot of squats....damn man u make my squat workouts look like im warming up. all that volume must wreak havoc the following few days!

some people use intensity principles... Hollow1 uses insanity principles!

That kind of leg volume is crazy. Then you took it outside. I wonder what your neighbors thought. Walking in dog poo, that's just shitty.

It has been trail and error to find out what works for my legs. Including higher reps and low rep ranges seem to be working for me now.

The joys of owning two dogs...double your fun...double the piles!

Hollow
01-24-08, 7:59 pm
BICEPS/TRICEPS
Super Setted
Seated Inclined Press Downs (Short Bar)...15/12/10/8/8/8 - Progressively adding weight on each set
BB Curls (Thumbs running parallel to bar)...15/12/10/8/8/8 - Progressively adding weight on each set
No breaks between the last two sets of 8 Reps

Super Setted
Seated DB Skull Crushers.........12/12/(Something ticked me off here)15/15/15 - Progressively adding weight on each set
Seated DB Curls (Same Time)...12/12/(Something ticked me off here)15/12/12 - Progressively adding weight on each set

Super Setted
DB Preacher Curls (Alternating Arms)...12/12/12/12/12 - Fixed weight for each set
Tricep Dips............................................20/20/20/20/20

SHOULDERS
BB Shoulder Press (Behind the neck)...15/12/10/8/6/6/15 - Progressively adding weight on each set (Last set of 15 Reps was the same weight as 12 Reps)

Had spaghetti with 2 lbs of ground beef for supper afterwards...mmm...mmm...good!

Lowdown5
01-24-08, 8:02 pm
Great session and dinner sounded good!!!

Chin
01-24-08, 8:04 pm
BICEPS/TRICEPS
Super Setted
Seated Inclined Press Downs (Short Bar)...15/12/10/8/8/8 - Progressively adding weight on each set
BB Curls (Thumbs running parallel to bar)...15/12/10/8/8/8 - Progressively adding weight on each set
No breaks between the last two sets of 8 Reps

Super Setted
Seated DB Skull Crushers.........12/12/(Something ticked me off here)15/15/15 - Progressively adding weight on each set
Seated DB Curls (Same Time)...12/12/(Something ticked me off here)15/12/12 - Progressively adding weight on each set

Super Setted
DB Preacher Curls (Alternating Arms)...12/12/12/12/12 - Fixed weight for each set
Tricep Dips............................................20/20/20/20/20

SHOULDERS
BB Shoulder Press (Behind the neck)...15/12/10/8/6/6/15 - Progressively adding weight on each set (Last set of 15 Reps was the same weight as 12 Reps)

Had spaghetti with 2 lbs of ground beef for supper afterwards...mmm...mmm...good!

Ha.. Guess what I am training tomorrow... And you know what they say, imitation is the best form of flattery.

Chin

Hollow
01-24-08, 8:07 pm
Thank you Chin! I kept the breaks between sets to a minimum and it certainly made a huge difference.

Chin
01-24-08, 8:27 pm
On another note, shoot me a PM as when to you are going to order in the next shipment...

Chin

Northman
01-24-08, 10:14 pm
Thank you Chin! I kept the breaks between sets to a minimum and it certainly made a huge difference.

That's strange. I've increased my rests and feel that I've improved from doing that. I feel that there's a lesson to be learned here... switch things up! Progression through adaptation as I always say.

If you ever want to train in above freezing temperatures, give me a call (or PM).

Hollow
01-26-08, 7:30 pm
I arose this morning before even the sun thought about showing itself. I wolfed down my prework food and paced the floor like a caged animal...waiting...waiting to take my Shock Therapy. Screw it I thought I can't wait anymore. Down the gullet the Shock went...time to destroy some iron! I walked out the door in the sub zero temperatures...the crisp snow crunching under my bare feet. I walked into the cold and the darkness of the garage and turned on the single light that barely throws enough light to see. On goes the stereo...Send me shape me misdirect me it's all the same to me...blast Drowning Pool...Nah! That ain't how it goes! I got up and had my chow while everyone was still sleeping in the house. Just as I was getting ready to head out the door, with shoes on, my youngst stopped me and asked me if I was going to work. I said no but I was going for a workout, he then asked if I would watch cartoons with him for a bit first. I said sure no problem, the iron wasn't going anywhere. After watching a bit of cartoons with my son I hit the weights and this is how it went...

CHEST
Pec Deck...20/20/20 - Adding weight on each set (Pre-exhausting)
Flat BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/20 - Pryamiding the weight up (Last chest workout I started with the Incline BB Press)
Incline DB Press...10/8/6/8 - Increased the weight on each set except the 4th set it stayed the same as the 3rd set.
Incline DB Flyes...15/15
Dips (Weighted)...15/15/15

CALVES/SHOULDERS
Super Setted
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...20/20/22/25/30
Front DB Laterals - Standing...12/12/12/12/15

Lowdown5
01-26-08, 8:23 pm
I arose this morning before even the sun thought about showing itself. I wolfed down my prework food and paced the floor like a caged animal...waiting...waiting to take my Shock Therapy. Screw it I thought I can't wait anymore. Down the gullet the Shock went...time to destroy some iron! I walked out the door in the sub zero temperatures...the crisp snow crunching under my bare feet. I walked into the cold and the darkness of the garage and turned on the single light that barely throws enough light to see. On goes the stereo...Send me shape me misdirect me it's all the same to me...blast Drowning Pool...Nah! That ain't how it goes! I got up and had my chow while everyone was still sleeping in the house. Just as I was getting ready to head out the door, with shoes on, my youngst stopped me and asked me if I was going to work. I said no but I was going for a workout, he then asked if I would watch cartoons with him for a bit first. I said sure no problem, the iron wasn't going anywhere. After watching a bit of cartoons with my son I hit the weights and this is how it went...

CHEST
Pec Deck...20/20/20 - Adding weight on each set (Pre-exhausting)
Flat BB Press...12/10/8/6/4/20 - Pryamiding the weight up (Last chest workout I started with the Incline BB Press)
Incline DB Press...10/8/6/8 - Increased the weight on each set except the 4th set it stayed the same as the 3rd set.
Incline DB Flyes...15/15
Dips (Weighted)...15/15/15

CALVES/SHOULDERS
Super Setted
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...20/20/22/25/30
Front DB Laterals - Standing...12/12/12/12/15

And that time you spent watching cartoons made his day. That is what a father does for his son. Respect Brother, respect!!

Hollow
01-26-08, 9:09 pm
Thanks Lowdown5. They are the moments we tend to treasure the most, quiet times together.

Northman
01-26-08, 11:20 pm
Hey, we missed you today. Family is more important though and Chin and I boh respect you for being such a family orientated man. Just like today watching cartoons with your son. Family always comes first. You give us younger fellows someone to look up to.

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 1:18 am
Thanks Lowdown5. They are the moments we tend to treasure the most, quiet times together.

Amen Brother. I love to just sit with my kids and just spend time with em, watch tv, talk.

Chin
01-27-08, 1:41 am
Hey, we missed you today. Family is more important though and Chin and I boh respect you for being such a family orientated man. Just like today watching cartoons with your son. Family always comes first. You give us younger fellows someone to look up to.

Family comes first... Its the foundation which we can build on... Like I posted about Earlier I do my lifting for my family and then myself...

It was a good session... Like usual I realized Stiff is a little bit nuts... but you need a kick in the pants to get you going every once in a while. I want a tour of your gym... maybe when the temp gets above -15C... Deal?

Chin

Hollow
01-27-08, 10:47 am

Family comes first... Its the foundation which we can build on... Like I posted about Earlier I do my lifting for my family and then myself...

It was a good session... Like usual I realized Stiff is a little bit nuts... but you need a kick in the pants to get you going every once in a while. I want a tour of your gym... maybe when the temp gets above -15C... Deal?

Chin

There will be more chances to kill the iron together. Looking forward to that.

Chin it is a deal...once the warmer weather arrives...lol.

Hollow
01-27-08, 11:01 am
Well once again I had a little visitor come down the stairs to greet me this morning. Dad can we watch TV again? Not this morning little man, it is too early for you (5:00 am) and we have a busy day today, okay? Okay Dad, sleep sounds good. Are you working out? Yes I am. Totally unexpected the little munchkin says to me in a high pitch voice...light weight baaaaby! I had showed him the parody of Ronnie Coleman deadlifting 800 lbs the other night. Now my mind was in a great frame of mind to hit the weights.

BACK
Deadlift...10/8/6/4/3 - Pyramiding the weight, going for pounds verses Reps this time *
Close Grip Pulldowns (Reverse Grip)...12/12/12/12 - Adding weight on each set
T Bar Rows (Using a D Handle)...10/10/10/10 - Adding weight on each set
Bent Over Rows (EZ Bar with a Reverse Grip)...15/12/12 - Adding weight on each set

Super Setted
Standing BB Shrugs...15/12/12/12/12 - Adding weight on each set
Bent Over DB Laterals...12/12/12/12/15

Crunches...12/12/12/12/12

* On the last Rep I almost dropped the bar because I had a mental picture of my son standing there and saying...light weight baaaaby!

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 11:47 am
That is absolutely priceless Hollow, cracked me up.

Northman
01-27-08, 1:00 pm
That's your youngest, right? The one who asks to work out with you too?

Hollow
01-27-08, 3:03 pm
That is absolutely priceless Hollow, cracked me up.

The little man cracks me up each and every day!

Hollow
01-27-08, 3:05 pm
That's your youngest, right? The one who asks to work out with you too?

That's right Stiff. Whenever he is out in the yard and I am working out in the garage he comes in and starts his work out.

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 3:10 pm
When my oldest (now 24) was about 4 he would come in the bedroom on occassion at some ungodly hour and whisper "Dad, wanna watch cartoon?". I would look at the clock and say "Eric, it is 3am, cartoons aren't on"

He would look at me with those sad eyes and I would get up and go with him to find cartoons on. In about 20 minutes he would be asleep, and I would be wide awake. That is one of my most favorite memories.

Hollow
01-27-08, 3:16 pm
LMAO...I can relate with you on that one Lowdown5! One morning I finally found some cartoons on TV but when I turned around I couldn't find him. I checked the bathroom and he wasn't there. I checked his bedroon and he was once again nowhere's to be found. I heard some rustling coming from my bedroom and went to check it out. Well low and behold who was all comfortable on my side of the bed. LOL...what can you do.

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 3:19 pm
LMAO...I can relate with you on that one Lowdown5! One morning I finally found some cartoons on TV but when I turned around I couldn't find him. I checked the bathroom and he wasn't there. I checked his bedroon and he was once again nowhere's to be found. I heard some rustling coming from my bedroom and went to check it out. Well low and behold who was all comfortable on my side of the bed. LOL...what can you do.

You can love every minute of it. I would give anything to have that little 4 year old back for a bit. Just 5 minutes, damn I miss that.

Hollow
01-27-08, 3:31 pm
One phrase I never really fully understood until recent...enjoy them while they are young because they grow up fast...and fast they do grow.

Lowdown5
01-27-08, 3:35 pm
One phrase I never really fully understood until recent...enjoy them while they are young because they grow up fast...and fast they do grow.

To fast, to damn fast.................

Northman
01-27-08, 11:45 pm
Damnit, you guys are making me want children more and more. It is one of life's journeys that I am eager to depart on, but I am still young and have a lot of time to start.

Lowdown5
01-28-08, 8:03 am
Damnit, you guys are making me want children more and more. It is one of life's journeys that I am eager to depart on, but I am still young and have a lot of time to start.

Being a parent is the hardest job in the world because there is no right way to do it and no wrong way. You do your best and hope you don't screw it up. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Northman
01-28-08, 4:32 pm
Being a parent is the hardest job in the world because there is no right way to do it and no wrong way. You do your best and hope you don't screw it up. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I don't doubt that it is the hardest job in the world. It helps to have people to look up to, such as my parents and grandparents, but still the responsibility is yours. I just hope that I am up to the task when my time comes around.

Hollow
01-29-08, 9:11 pm
I've been searching through some of the articles on the forvm to find some different approaches to my workouts when I came across one by Big Al...That Dreaded Day.

It is regarding leg extensions at the beginning of a workout. Basically you select a weight that you can easily get 10 reps. Then you increase the weight (20 - 30 lbs) so the next 10 reps are harder to complete. Next, increase the weight so you can only get 2 reps. Finally you drop back to the weight you did on the first set of 10 reps and pump out 20 reps. This counts as one set (10/10/2/20). Let me tell you this, after completing two sets of these, it greatly affected the remainder of my workout.

LEGS
Leg Extensions (performed as explained above)...2 Sets of 10/10/2/20
Squats...10/8/6/4/2/was targetting 20 reps here...completed 7 reps then had to drop the weight to complete the remaining reps to hit 20
DB Lunges...3 Passes of the yard - Performed outside
Vertical Leg Press (Utilizing the Smith Machine)...10/10/12
Leg Curls...12/12/12 - Slow, steady and held at top of motion
Hack Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6/4 (Don't know what I was thinking here but I wanted to do Romanian DL's. Must have been because I was so giddy on how pumped my legs were feeling)

CALVES/ABS
Super Setted
Standing Calves - Smith Machine...15/15/15/15
Decline Crunches...15/15/15/15

Needless to say the leg extensions method of 10/10/2/20 are here to stay for a while.

jac71
01-29-08, 10:04 pm
Solid wheel session Hollow....them squats after the leg ext look very intense, hell the whole workout looks very intense

blueIMlifter
01-29-08, 10:07 pm
I've been searching through some of the articles on the forvm to find some different approaches to my workouts when I came across one by Big Al...That Dreaded Day.

It is regarding leg extensions at the beginning of a workout. Basically you select a weight that you can easily get 10 reps. Then you increase the weight (20 - 30 lbs) so the next 10 reps are harder to complete. Next, increase the weight so you can only get 2 reps. Finally you drop back to the weight you did on the first set of 10 reps and pump out 20 reps. This counts as one set (10/10/2/20). Let me tell you this, after completing two sets of these, it greatly affected the remainder of my workout.

LEGS
Squats...10/8/6/4/2/was targetting 20 reps here...completed 7 reps then had to drop the weight to complete the remaining reps to hit 20
Hack Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6/4 (Don't know what I was thinking here but I wanted to do Romanian DL's. Must have been because I was so giddy on how pumped my legs were feeling)

CALVES/ABS
Super Setted

Needless to say the leg extensions method of 10/10/2/20 are here to stay for a while.

dang man that looks insane! i can only imagine how your legs are going to feel these next few days. my legs got a real shock yesterday and they are letting me know today...my legs havent been hit with high reps in awhile...so sore! but gotta love it man!

Northman
01-29-08, 10:09 pm
You keep doing exercises I see no one else doing here. 10/10/2/20, Dog Crap (notice the spelling) lunges, Vertical Leg Press using the smith machine. What's up? Any particular reason you don't go with the standard exercises? You're probably just bored with them I'm thinking.

Hollow
01-30-08, 9:04 am
Solid wheel session Hollow....them squats after the leg ext look very intense, hell the whole workout looks very intense

Thanks jac71. The leg extensions done in that fashion definitely affect the squats!

Hollow
01-30-08, 9:07 am
dang man that looks insane! i can only imagine how your legs are going to feel these next few days. my legs got a real shock yesterday and they are letting me know today...my legs havent been hit with high reps in awhile...so sore! but gotta love it man!

By the end of the night the stairs and I weren't seeing eye to eye!

Hollow
01-30-08, 9:12 am
You keep doing exercises I see no one else doing here. 10/10/2/20, Dog Crap (notice the spelling) lunges, Vertical Leg Press using the smith machine. What's up? Any particular reason you don't go with the standard exercises? You're probably just bored with them I'm thinking.

I noticed the spelling on Dog Crap and after yesterday's mild weather I had enough experience with it!

What works for one person may not work for another...my legs are my stubborn part so I have been experimenting with different exercises. Some of the exercises that have been producing results are the "not so main stream" exercises. Plus variety is the spice of life.

Lowdown5
01-30-08, 10:39 am
Workouts look solid, keep that variety in there. I believe the mind gets tired of the same routine long before the body does.

Hollow
01-30-08, 7:57 pm
Workouts look solid, keep that variety in there. I believe the mind gets tired of the same routine long before the body does.

Thanks Lowdown5. I like to keep my body and my mind guessing.

PJC
01-30-08, 8:03 pm

LEGS

CALVES/ABS
Super Setted

Solid workout for your wheels Bro.

Paul

Hollow
01-30-08, 8:05 pm
BICEPS
BB Curls (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6/4/4 - Pyramiding the weight up
Inclined Seated DB Curls (Bi-lateral with the bench at a 45 degree angle)...12/12/10/10 - Adding weight on each set
Preacher Curls (Olympic Bar)...12/10/8/6 - Adding weight on each set

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press (Olympic Bar)...12/10/8/6 - Pyramiding weight up
Lying Tricep Extensions (EZ Bar)...15/12/10/8 - Pyramiding weight up
Rope Press Downs (Spreading rope at bottom of motion)...15/15/12 - Fixed weight for all 3 sets

SHOULDERS/CALVES
Seated Shoulder Press (Olympic Bar - Pressed to the Front)...12/10/8/6/5 - Pyramiding weight up

Super Setted
Seated Calves (Smith Machine)...10/10/10/10 - Using a Heavier weight
Upright Rows (EZ Bar)...10/10/10/10 - Fixed weight for all 4 sets

PJC
01-30-08, 8:05 pm
Thanks Lowdown5. I like to keep my body and my mind guessing.

Once I'm back in the groove, I plan to change exercises every 90 days, to keep everything guessing.

Hollow
01-30-08, 8:07 pm
It is a good way to hit the muscles in different directions.

jac71
01-30-08, 8:17 pm
solid hollow1....liking your workouts bro!!
I've never done preachers with the olympic bar....gotta give it a shot one of these days!!

Hollow
01-30-08, 8:19 pm
solid hollow1....liking your workouts bro!!
I've never done preachers with the olympic bar....gotta give it a shot one of these days!!

Thanks jac71. I like mixing it up on the preachers using either the EZ bar or the Olympic bar. I also throw in DB preachers to mix it up as well.

violator
01-31-08, 2:59 am
yeah, gotta love those preachers man...larry scott was the man...
strong workout..

hjayss
01-31-08, 5:57 am
Nice arm session....those seated incline curls really put some steam in your biceps huh...they really shake a arm routine up..

Hollow
01-31-08, 6:21 am
yeah, gotta love those preachers man...larry scott was the man...
strong workout..

Thanks Violator, when the preachers are done correctly they are a great exercise for any arm routine.

Hollow
01-31-08, 6:23 am
Nice arm session....those seated incline curls really put some steam in your biceps huh...they really shake a arm routine up..

Thanks Hjayss. The seated DB curls allow you to perform a stricter curl, incline the seat back really isolates the biceps.

Hollow
01-31-08, 6:26 am
I woke up this morning to a strange feeling, a feeling I haven't felt in a couple of weeks. My biceps and triceps pumping! Do to time constrants I had been super setting bi's and tri's for the last couple of sessions. Last night I had a little bit of extra time so I hit them individually and what a huge difference it made!

Chin
01-31-08, 12:22 pm
I woke up this morning to a strange feeling, a feeling I haven't felt in a couple of weeks. My biceps and triceps pumping! Do to time constrants I had been super setting bi's and tri's for the last couple of sessions. Last night I had a little bit of extra time so I hit them individually and what a huge difference it made!

Nothing like an Arm day to get a good pump going eh? Thats the way I feel when i use high volume... Love that feeling of arms that you can't flex because it feels like your skin is going to tear apart... Looking good Hollow

Chin

Hollow
02-02-08, 6:58 am
CHEST
DB Pullovers...15/15/20 - Increasing the weight on each set
Incline BB Press...12/10/8/5
Incline DB Flyes...15/15/12 - Increasing the weight on each set
Flat DB Press...12/10/10
Seated Machine Flyes...20/18/17

CALVES/SHOULDER/ABS
GIANT SET
Standing Calves...12/12/12/12
Front Lateral Raises (Olympic Bar)...12/12/12/12
Decline Crunches...12/12/12/12

To finish off the workout I did two sets of snow angels! Had to do it, with that much snow out there!

Lowdown5
02-02-08, 7:22 am
Great session, nice finishing with the snow angels!!

Northman
02-02-08, 8:55 am
CHESTTo finish off the workout I did two sets of snow angels! Had to do it, with that much snow out there!

Next time superset the snow angels with snowman stacking. You can't go wrong with any exercise similar to the stones.

blueIMlifter
02-02-08, 9:54 am
would you say the snow angels are more of a shaping movement or more of a power movement...? lol

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:06 am
Great session, nice finishing with the snow angels!!

Thanks Lowdown5. Doing the snow angels at the end was a nice cool down excercise..lol.

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:07 am
Next time superset the snow angels with snowman stacking. You can't go wrong with any exercise similar to the stones.

Damn, I wish I had thought of that one. I'll have to keep that one in mind next time...lol.

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:08 am
would you say the snow angels are more of a shaping movement or more of a power movement...? lol

Shaping...definitely shaping.

PJC
02-02-08, 10:14 am
Solid workout - may wanna up the snow angels LOL

Peace.

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:19 am
Once again my four year old was up with me, it seems we are starting a new ritual on these weekend workouts. His first question was if I was going to work today and when I told him I wasn't he was all excited. In fact I think he was more excited about me not going to work then I was. After watching a bit of cartoons with him he looked at me and said, "Dad I think it is time to get your workout done." Looks like I may have a new motivation coach on my hands. Here is how the workout went:

BACK
Wide Grip Pull Ups...10/10/10/10 - Body Weight
T Bar Rows (Using a D Handle)...12/10/8/6 - Pyramiding the weight up
Wide Grip Pulldowns (Rear)...12/12/10/10 - Added weight on each set
One Arm DB Rows...12/10/10 - Added weight on each set
Bent Over Rows (Olympic Bar using a Wide Grip)...12/12/12 - Added weight on each set
Seated Two Handed Cable Rows...12/12/12 - Added weight on each set

FOREARMS/ABS
SUPER SETTED
Crunches...12/12/12/12
Preacher Reverse Curls (EZ Bar)...12/12/12/12

After eating it will be time to grab the boys and hit the hills for a full day of tobagganing. I'll consider this to be my cardio...lol!

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:20 am
Solid workout - may wanna up the snow angels LOL

Peace.

Thanks PJC, two sets is all I could muster up!

blueIMlifter
02-02-08, 10:27 am
"Dad I think it is time to get your workout done." Looks like I may have a new motivation coach on my hands.

next great bodybuilder....? gotta teach them the right way when they're young!!!

Hollow
02-02-08, 10:31 am
next great bodybuilder....? gotta teach them the right way when they're young!!!

He is the youngst of three boys and shows the greatest interest in working out already.

Northman
02-02-08, 5:26 pm
I can just imagine you doing hill sprints carrying 3 kids behind you. Awesome workout! Did I count correctly? 30 sets!

Lowdown5
02-02-08, 6:31 pm
Great workout and a better story about the little guy. I like that he keeps you on track, we can all use a bit of that.

Hollow
02-02-08, 7:25 pm
I can just imagine you doing hill sprints carrying 3 kids behind you. Awesome workout! Did I count correctly? 30 sets!

I am just thankful today wasn't a leg day...lol! 30 sets sounds about right. I don't know if there is any scientific reasoning behind it or it is just psychological but I find with workouts in the cold I feel like the cold air refreshes my muscles as I go whereas the hot weather seems to fatigue me faster.

Hollow
02-02-08, 7:27 pm
Great workout and a better story about the little guy. I like that he keeps you on track, we can all use a bit of that.

Thanks Lowdown5. I felt great when it was all said and done. These are the times I will definitely remember!

Maccabee
02-02-08, 7:31 pm
Nice back workout Hollow. Looks like you have a great relationship with your kids man. Peace

Hollow
02-02-08, 7:32 pm
Nice back workout Hollow. Looks like you have a great relationship with your kids man. Peace

Thanks Pokoritel! Family is definitely first!

Chin
02-02-08, 7:43 pm
Ha.. your Cardio Session should have been

2 Hours - Cleaning Driveway
1 Hour - Tobogganing

lol how long is your driveway again?

Chin

Hollow
02-02-08, 8:11 pm
Ha.. your Cardio Session should have been

2 Hours - Cleaning Driveway
1 Hour - Tobogganing

lol how long is your driveway again?

Chin

The driveway fits 3 full size pickups in it. Actually I lucked out there, while I was working out my wife shovelled the driveway!

Lowdown5
02-02-08, 8:15 pm
The driveway fits 3 full size pickups in it. Actually I lucked out there, while I was working out my wife shovelled the driveway!

Lucky!! Better be extra nice to her.

Northman
02-02-08, 8:21 pm
I'm with you on the cold air. I prefer mine aroung 15 degrees centegrate when I'm training so I don't sweat too much. You are really blessed with such a great family. My GF was reading this with me, she likes the odd update on the people from the first session, and she says "He seems like a really nice guy!". It's true.

Hollow
02-02-08, 8:46 pm
Lucky!! Better be extra nice to her.

Trust me Lowdown5, she gets treated like a queen in this house!

Hollow
02-02-08, 8:47 pm
I'm with you on the cold air. I prefer mine aroung 15 degrees centegrate when I'm training so I don't sweat too much. You are really blessed with such a great family. My GF was reading this with me, she likes the odd update on the people from the first session, and she says "He seems like a really nice guy!". It's true.

Thanks to both of you!

Hollow
02-04-08, 7:34 pm
First off I would like to thank Animal/Universal...when I got home today my wife pulled me into the bedroom (ooooh I'm thinking, cardio first, I can handle this) and showed me...my yellow Animal shirt had arrived! Thank you once again!

I had my little motivation coach with me for part of my workout today. I was doing legs today and he opted for shoulders. I am only listing my workout as the little guy wants to keep his workouts hush-hush.

LEGS
Leg Extensions (Performed in the same manner as 01/29/08)...10/10/2/20 (One set) - 2 Times
Squats...10/8/4/3/20 - Pyramid the weight up (Had to rest/pause on the set of 20 Reps)
Hack Squats (Olympic Bar)...12/10/10 - Added weight on each set

SUPER SETTED
Leg Curls...12/12/15 - One fixed weight
Sissy Squats (BW)...12/12/15 - Haven't done these for awhile so I wanted to focus on form (Sissy my ass)

CALVES/ABS
Seated Calves...10/12/12/12 - Used one fixed weight (Heavy and holding at top of motion)
Decline Crunches...17/17/17/17

Lowdown5
02-04-08, 7:38 pm
Great workout, great news on the shirt and tell Little Hollow that we understand. He doesn't want the compitition to get an advantage.

Hollow
02-04-08, 7:43 pm
Great workout, great news on the shirt and tell Little Hollow that we understand. He doesn't want the compitition to get an advantage.

Thanks Lowdown5. I will give his competition fair warning, don't let him count Reps for you...lol!

Chin
02-04-08, 10:36 pm
Sorted out the order... we are good... ha I almost broke my ankle the last time I tried to do sissys

Chin

Northman
02-05-08, 2:08 am
Hooray Shirts!!! How long do these leg sessions take you? I only do half the number of sets you do.

Let's all keep Little Hollow under wraps for now guys. That way when he is unleashed on the world, it will be totally unprepared. I only wish I was interested in training at his age.

Hollow
02-05-08, 9:04 am
Hooray Shirts!!! How long do these leg sessions take you? I only do half the number of sets you do.

Let's all keep Little Hollow under wraps for now guys. That way when he is unleashed on the world, it will be totally unprepared. I only wish I was interested in training at his age.

Ball parking it, it takes about an hour. Today's session went a little past because I was spotting my little guy, hey we were having fun...lol!

blueIMlifter
02-05-08, 10:43 am
good stuff over here hollow. i think im gonna go with the 10,10,2,20 approach on squats tonight and see how it goes.

Hollow
02-05-08, 12:08 pm
Thanks blueIMlifter. Doing the 10/10/2/20 Leg Extensions definitely puts a new twist on squats, in my opinion.

Lowdown5
02-05-08, 12:17 pm
Ball parking it, it takes about an hour. Today's session went a little past because I was spotting my little guy, hey we were having fun...lol!

You were spotting him OR he was spotting you??

Hollow
02-05-08, 1:04 pm
You were spotting him OR he was spotting you??

Alright...alright...so the secret is out...he was spotting me...but he said I did most of it on my own with little help!

Lowdown5
02-05-08, 1:19 pm
Alright...alright...so the secret is out...he was spotting me...but he said I did most of it on my own with little help!

That means he is a good spotter!

Hollow
02-05-08, 1:32 pm
That means he is a good spotter!

His spotting only becomes a problem when I do standing exercises...bit of a height difference there!

Lowdown5
02-05-08, 1:44 pm
His spotting only becomes a problem when I do standing exercises...bit of a height difference there!

Too funny. Better not let him hear you say that. He may drop you as a training partner.

Northman
02-05-08, 1:46 pm

I can imagine, you're a tall guy! Just wait a couple of years though...

Hollow
02-05-08, 7:20 pm
I can imagine, you're a tall guy! Just wait a couple of years though...

Whoa...let's not rush things...lol!

Chin
02-05-08, 7:31 pm
Whoa...let's not rush things...lol!

Oh its happening just accept it Hollow lol, my dad never thought I would be bigger than him... but he is 5'11" and 180LBS... and now my 17 year old brother is pushing the 210 mark...

They grow up faster than you can feed them thats for sure... enjoy it when you are bigger than them ha..

Chin

Hollow
02-05-08, 7:33 pm
As I walked to the garage for my workout something happened, my mind cleared of all thoughts of the day. This was a good sign...

SHOULDERS
Reverse Pec Deck...25/20 - Increased the weight on second set
BB Press Behind the Neck (Olympic Bar)...12/10/8/6/6 - Pyramided the weight up except on the second set of 6 Reps
Seated DB Presses...10/8/8 - Increased the weight on the second set and held the same weight for the third set

SUPER SETTED
Nose Pulls...12/12/12 - Fixed weight
Upright Rows (EZ Bar)...12/12/12 - Fixed weight

Seated DB Power Cleans...12/12/12 - Fixed weight

TRICEPS
Close Grip BB Press...12/10/8 - Pyramided the weight up
Cable Push Downs with Rope (Unilaterally)...12/12/12 - Fixed weight

Felt great when everything was said and done!

hjayss
02-06-08, 12:34 am
You ever try those bradford presses for shoulders they are brutal...nice sesion bro...

Hollow
02-06-08, 6:14 am
Thanks Hjayss. I had to google the Bradford Presses because I did not know what they were and it turns out that I've done them before. They are definitely shoulder scorchers!

Hoomgar
02-07-08, 12:18 pm
Missed the start but am reading up now...

Takin off...

Lowdown5
02-07-08, 12:20 pm
How is it going Hollow?

Hoomgar
02-07-08, 12:22 pm
Thanks Hjayss. I had to google the Bradford Presses because I did not know what they were and it turns out that I've done them before. They are definitely shoulder scorchers!

It's also called a Rocky press. Named after ... Rocky :)

Can be done seated or standing.

Hollow
02-07-08, 2:15 pm
It's also called a Rocky press. Named after ... Rocky :)

Can be done seated or standing.

This is good to know.

Hollow
02-07-08, 2:19 pm
How is it going Hollow?

All is well here in the Winter Wonderland! We got some fresh snow so I am thinking...quite possibly...sets of snow angels in tonight's workout. We'll see if I can get the boys out to join me this time...lol.

I see you are up for a new job interview tomorrow. Wishing you the best on that.

Hollow
02-07-08, 7:48 pm
CHEST
Seated Machine Flyes...25/20 - Increased weight on each set
Incline BB Press (Wide Grip)...8/6 - Increased weight on each set
Incline BB Press (Narrow Grip)...8/6 - Increased weight on each set
Incline DB Press...10/8 - Increased weight on each set
Incline DB Flyes...12 (Bench approx. 45 Degrees)/9/9 (Bench approx. 35 Degrees) - Fixed weight
Flat BB Bench Press...12/12 - Fixed weight (Going for Reps)
DB Pullovers...15/15 - Fixed weight (Going for Reps)

At this point I felt like I was flying high! I was flipping stoked, binging off the walls!

CALVES/ABS/SHOULDERS
GIANT SET
Seated Calves (Smith Machine)...12/14/14/Failure
Decline Crunches...15/15/15/Failure
Front DB Laterals (Bi-lateral Seated)...12/12/12/Failure

Northman
02-07-08, 7:52 pm
It looks like you trained a little differently than the norm today. It's good to see you enjoyed it. Is this going to be a permanent (as in for the next few weeks) shift in the way you train, or was it a one-time thing?

Hollow
02-07-08, 8:38 pm
It looks like you trained a little differently than the norm today. It's good to see you enjoyed it. Is this going to be a permanent (as in for the next few weeks) shift in the way you train, or was it a one-time thing?

I was cruising some of the threads and I came across rev8ball workout where he mixed up the grips and range of motion and so on and it reminded me of workouts from the past (forgot about them, old timer's disease...lol). Next week I will be applying it to the Flat Bench. Speaking for myself, this type of workout really gets the blood pumping to the muscles. This type of workout works great provided you are well rested. Just my two cents.

Hollow
02-08-08, 5:05 pm
The day started like any other day until I got a phone call at work, it was my wife. She told me our water heater had ruptured...aaaahhhhh! I left work immediately and went straight home. The water heater was toast but at least there wasn't too much water to clean up. As they were installing the new water heater my wife pushed me out of the house to do my workout! I had my little "motivation coach" with me today to push me through my workout. I was going for a higher rep workout where he was once again going for the big weights, show off...lol!

BACK
SUPER SETTED
Horizontal Pull Ups (Smith Machine)...8/8/8 - Body Weight
Wide Grip Pull Ups...8/8/8 - Body Weight

T Bar Rows (Olympic Bar with a "D" Handle)...15/12/10 - Pyramiding the weight up
Wide Grip Pulldowns (To the Rear)...15/12/10 - Pyramiding the weight up
Bent Over Rows (Olympic Bar with a Wide Grip)...12/10 - Added weight on each set
Bent Over Rows (EZ Bar with a Reverse Grip)...10/10 - Added weight on each set
Deadlifts...8/6/4 - Pyramiding the weight up

SUPER SETTED
BB Shrugs...20/20/16/16 - Added weight on each set
Bent Over Side Laterals(Seated)...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight

Northman
02-08-08, 10:20 pm
The day started like any other day until I got a phone call at work, it was my wife. She told me our water heater had ruptured...aaaahhhhh! I left work immediately and went straight home. The water heater was toast but at least there wasn't too much water to clean up. As they were installing the new water heater my wife pushed me out of the house to do my workout! I had my little "motivation coach" with me today to push me through my workout. I was going for a higher rep workout where he was once again going for the big weights, show off...lol!

BACK
SUPER SETTED
Horizontal Pull Ups (Smith Machine)...8/8/8 - Body Weight
Wide Grip Pull Ups...8/8/8 - Body Weight

T Bar Rows (Olympic Bar with a "D" Handle)...15/12/10 - Pyramiding the weight up
Wide Grip Pulldowns (To the Rear)...15/12/10 - Pyramiding the weight up
Bent Over Rows (Olympic Bar with a Wide Grip)...12/10 - Added weight on each set
Bent Over Rows (EZ Bar with a Reverse Grip)...10/10 - Added weight on each set
Deadlifts...8/6/4 - Pyramiding the weight up

SUPER SETTED
BB Shrugs...20/20/16/16 - Added weight on each set
Bent Over Side Laterals(Seated)...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight

Unlucky with water heater, lucky with women! How did you manage to land a wife that pushes you out of works way to a training session? BTW next time something like that happens, see if you can get a hold of me. As a licensed gas tech I sometimes get offers (completely legit) for water heaters, furnaces, and the like for a good price. I would see if I could get you a good deal and HELP you install it. I don't have a contractors license, so officially it would have to have been you who did the work.

Hollow
02-10-08, 10:13 am
Unlucky with water heater, lucky with women! How did you manage to land a wife that pushes you out of works way to a training session? BTW next time something like that happens, see if you can get a hold of me. As a licensed gas tech I sometimes get offers (completely legit) for water heaters, furnaces, and the like for a good price. I would see if I could get you a good deal and HELP you install it. I don't have a contractors license, so officially it would have to have been you who did the work.

Geez Stiff what else do you do...lol? I'll keep that in mind but no offense hopefully I won't need to call you for quite some time.

jac71
02-10-08, 10:15 am
nice back workout Hollow.....i just had to replace a furnace myself right before winter started

jac71
02-10-08, 10:26 am
Yo Hollow..I just got back from walking the dog and looked at the temp when I got back in...it is -5 with windchills in the -20 to -30 it is brutal...did you send the cold our way to bro?!?!?lol!!

Hollow
02-10-08, 10:29 am
I woke up early this morning for my workout but I just laid in bed for a minute because I heard a very distinctive sound. It started off very softly...then the sound started to grow...the sound grew very loud...the cold winter winds were blowing hard once again. I smiled, I knew this was going to be a good workout. Before I walked into the garage, I paused for a moment to let the mixture of winter's winds and snow blow past me. Once again I smiled. Here is how it went down:

LEGS
Front Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/8/8 - Increased the weight on the 2nd set and held it fixed for the 3rd set
Squats (Traditional with a wide stance)...8/8/20 - Fixed weight for sets 1 & 2 - Dropped weight for 3rd set
Zercher Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/10/10/10 - Fixed weight
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6/6 - Pyramiding weight except for 4th set which was same weight as 3rd set

SUPER SETTED
Leg Curls...12/10/8
Leg Extensions...12/10/8

CALVES/ABS
SUPER SETTED (No breaks)
Cable Crunches...20/20/20/20
Standing Calves (DB's one leg at a time)...15/15/15/15

The bars and weights were damn cold this morning...my fingers were tingling for the first half of the workout. By the end I was sweating so much my fingers had warmed up nicely...lol!

Northman
02-10-08, 10:35 am
I woke up early this morning for my workout but I just laid in bed for a minute because I heard a very distinctive sound. It started off very softly...then the sound started to grow...the sound grew very loud...the cold winter winds were blowing hard once again. I smiled, I knew this was going to be a good workout. Before I walked into the garage, I paused for a moment to let the mixture of winter's winds and snow blow past me. Once again I smiled. Here is how it went down:

LEGS
Front Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/8/8 - Increased the weight on the 2nd set and held it fixed for the 3rd set
Squats (Traditional with a wide stance)...8/8/20 - Fixed weight for sets 1 & 2 - Dropped weight for 3rd set
Zercher Squats (Olympic Bar)...10/10/10/10 - Fixed weight
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6/6 - Pyramiding weight except for 4th set which was same weight as 3rd set

SUPER SETTED
Leg Curls...12/10/8
Leg Extensions...12/10/8

CALVES/ABS
SUPER SETTED (No breaks)
Cable Crunches...20/20/20/20
Standing Calves (DB's one leg at a time)...15/15/15/15

The bars and weights were damn cold this morning...my fingers were tingling for the first half of the workout. By the end I was sweating so much my fingers had warmed up nicely...lol!

You're nuts!

Oh, and no offence taken ;)

Hollow
02-10-08, 10:40 am
You're nuts!

Oh, and no offence taken ;)

I'll take that as a compliment...lol!

Northman
02-10-08, 10:45 am
I'll take that as a compliment...lol!

It was meant as one... I like crazy.

Are you going to be logging what you eat in a day for all of us to see how the snowman eats?

Hollow
02-10-08, 10:49 am
I hadn't really thought of it as I am trying to pack on some mass so basically whatever I can eat, whenever I can eat I do. You helped me out abit on this one Stiff by suggesting I switch my meats from less lean cuts.

Northman
02-10-08, 10:50 am
I hadn't really thought of it as I am trying to pack on some mass so basically whatever I can eat, whenever I can eat I do. You helped me out abit on this one Stiff by suggesting I switch my meats from less lean cuts.

It is a little necessary I think with someone who was gifted with such a great metabolism as yourself. They also cost less! How's the weight then.

Hollow
02-10-08, 10:56 am
It is a little necessary I think with someone who was gifted with such a great metabolism as yourself. They also cost less! How's the weight then.

Veeerrrry slooooowly gaining. This is where the patiences of this sport comes into play. At this point I could never imagine cutting, it would be a shock to my system...lol!

Northman
02-10-08, 11:09 am
Veeerrrry slooooowly gaining. This is where the patiences of this sport comes into play. At this point I could never imagine cutting, it would be a shock to my system...lol!

I know what you mean. I love how strong I feel now. I'd like to see some of your progress. Are you up for training with me sometime soon, since you can't make it on the 23rd?

Hollow
02-10-08, 2:15 pm
I know what you mean. I love how strong I feel now. I'd like to see some of your progress. Are you up for training with me sometime soon, since you can't make it on the 23rd?

We definitely have to get together soon.

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 3:18 pm

Best way to gain, and lose. I fear after the weekend that my scale will scream if I step on it!!

Hollow
02-10-08, 3:47 pm
Best way to gain, and lose. I fear after the weekend that my scale will scream if I step on it!!

I tell you what Lowdown5 I am more then happy to take a few pounds from you, wishful thinking I know...lol.

Lowdown5
02-10-08, 4:00 pm
I tell you what Lowdown5 I am more then happy to take a few pounds from you, wishful thinking I know...lol.

Be more than happy to give em up if I could!

Hoomgar
02-11-08, 10:41 am
Man gaining and losing weight ain't nothin but a thing for me, it's just always fat and water though. Gaining the muscle seems to be the work ;)

Just gotta keep on keepin on bro, your getting there, one step at a time!

Hollow
02-11-08, 6:45 pm
Man gaining and losing weight ain't nothin but a thing for me, it's just always fat and water though. Gaining the muscle seems to be the work ;)

Just gotta keep on keepin on bro, your getting there, one step at a time!

Thanks Hoomgar, it is a slow process, just taking one step at a time.

Hollow
02-11-08, 7:00 pm
Today I decided to perform BigAnt's Suicidal Shoulder Workout!

SHOULDEDRS
SUPER SETTED
Standing Front BB Press (Olympic Bar)...10X10 - After each set I added a 5lb plate to each side
Standing Front DB Laterals...10X12 - Fixed weight for each set

Note on the above super set, I only took 45 seconds between each set.

Reverse Seated Machine Flyes...3 X Failure (No rest between sets)
BB shrugs (Olympic Bar)...4 X 20 - Fixed weight

CALVES
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...3 X 15 - Fixed Weight/3 X 10 - Increased weight and left it the same for all 3 sets/Failure - Same weight as the first 3 sets

It was a battle to complete the super set of the Front BB Press and the Front DB Laterals. My shoulders are screaming...I love this feeling!

Lowdown5
02-11-08, 7:07 pm
Good session, looks brutal!

Hollow
02-11-08, 7:21 pm
Good session, looks brutal!

Thanks Lowdown5...looks brutal...feels brutal...sweet!

blueIMlifter
02-11-08, 9:06 pm

SHOULDEDRS
SUPER SETTED
Standing Front BB Press (Olympic Bar)...10X10 - After each set I added a 5lb plate to each side

CALVES
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...3 X 15 - Fixed Weight/3 X 10 - Increased weight and left it the same for all 3 sets/Failure - Same weight as the first 3 sets

It was a battle to complete the super set of the Front BB Press and the Front DB Laterals. My shoulders are screaming...I love this feeling!

theres nothing better than that feeling of increidlble pain but u just keep goin! good stuff hollow!

jac71
02-11-08, 9:16 pm
damn Hollow!! I bet them shoulders are screaming!!!

Chin
02-11-08, 11:36 pm

SHOULDEDRS
SUPER SETTED

CALVES

Sweet and to the point.. Love it...

Chin

hjayss
02-12-08, 1:04 am
yes that was suicide bro solid work there...

Hollow
02-12-08, 7:11 am
theres nothing better than that feeling of increidlble pain but u just keep goin! good stuff hollow!

Thanks BlueIMlifter, it is even better when you still feel it the next day!

Hollow
02-12-08, 7:12 am
damn Hollow!! I bet them shoulders are screaming!!!

Screaming yesterday and moaning today! Shoulders feel great!

Hollow
02-12-08, 7:21 am
Sweet and to the point.. Love it...

Chin

Thanks Chin. Time wise this workout went pretty damn quick but you definitely feel it!

Hollow
02-12-08, 7:22 am
yes that was suicide bro solid work there...

Thanks Hjayss, it was a great way to shock the shoulders.

Mr. Dead
02-12-08, 5:28 pm
Killer workouts! Very solid!

Hollow
02-12-08, 6:01 pm
Killer workouts! Very solid!

Thanks Mr. Dead.

Lowdown5
02-12-08, 6:03 pm
How are those shoulders feeling today Hollow?

Northman
02-12-08, 6:40 pm
Ho have you been keeping. Are you still able to train with this kind of cold?

Hollow
02-12-08, 9:13 pm
How are those shoulders feeling today Hollow?

Absolutely great! They don't feel sore but they feel like they are alive!

Lowdown5
02-12-08, 9:16 pm
Absolutely great! They don't feel sore but they feel like they are alive!

That is great news!!

Hollow
02-12-08, 9:17 pm
Ho have you been keeping. Are you still able to train with this kind of cold?

I've been doing well and yourself Stiff? The cold hasn't stopped me from training. I prefer the cold for the training though I may have to warm up the bars, damn do they ever hold the coldness!

Northman
02-12-08, 10:20 pm
I've been doing well and yourself Stiff? The cold hasn't stopped me from training. I prefer the cold for the training though I may have to warm up the bars, damn do they ever hold the coldness!

My hands cramp just thinking about it.

I'm fine, other than stressing a little about Thurs.

Chin
02-12-08, 10:40 pm

Just don't lick them...

Chin

violator
02-13-08, 2:09 am
Alive in the great white north...haha...good to see u still workin hard bro...

Hollow
02-13-08, 6:09 am
Just don't lick them...

Chin

LMAO...funny you should say that, when the boys are in the garage that is one of the main things I am watching that they don't do!

Hollow
02-13-08, 6:10 am
Alive in the great white north...haha...good to see u still workin hard bro...

Thanks Violator and it is good to see you are back!

ironshaolin
02-13-08, 7:31 am
whats up bro, a little cold up there, eh? Yesterday it snowed a bunch here, but today I woke up, and its all gone. I bet you're still trudging through the white stuff.

Hollow
02-13-08, 8:05 am
whats up bro, a little cold up there, eh? Yesterday it snowed a bunch here, but today I woke up, and its all gone. I bet you're still trudging through the white stuff.

How's it going Ironshaolin!? We got a fresh dumping of snow which started about 3 pm and continued on throughout the night. Looks like shovelling will be my cardio today!

18plusarms
02-13-08, 11:36 am
Great workouts hollow. Is there a gut shawn cambelll located near you. I think he promotes some shows in Canada ?

Hollow
02-13-08, 11:59 am
Great workouts hollow. Is there a gut shawn cambelll located near you. I think he promotes some shows in Canada ?

Thanks 18plusarms! We have a small gym locally that hosts a couple of competitors, I will do a little digging and see what I can find out.

Northman
02-13-08, 2:34 pm

I'll ask around too. It sound familiar.

Hollow
02-13-08, 8:19 pm
It seems that most people surrounding me are getting down with all the snow...myself...it puts a freaking smile on my face! Here is how today's workout went:

CHEST
DB Pullovers (Pre-Exhausting)...15/15/20 - Added weight on each set
Flat BB Press...10/8/6/4/3 - Pyramiding the weight up on each set
Incline BB Press (Bench set at approx. 60 Degrees)...10/8/6/4 - Pyramiding the weight up on each set
Incline DB Flyes (Bench left as above)...3 Sets to Failure

CALVES/ABS/SHOULDERS
GIANT SET
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...20/20/20/20 - Fixed weight and held at the bottom and the top of the movement
Cable Crunches...20/20/20/20 - Fixed weight on all sets
Standing Front DB Laterals (Bi-Lateral)...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight on all sets

After doing the shoulder routine from 02/11/08 it felt great to do the Flat BB Press this workout. Increasing the angle on the Incline's really taxed the chest, when I was done, I was done!

jac71
02-13-08, 9:27 pm
I like this Hollow..like it a lot!!!
I hear you about the snow we are supposed to be getting some more tomorrow....I love playing with my dog in it!! I just don't like it when it gets too cold

Northman
02-13-08, 11:04 pm
How often do you train your calves, abs, and shoulders? Do you get sore (in the bad way) ever? Just wondering because my shoulders seem to take a beating (again, in a bad way) pretty easily.

violator
02-14-08, 1:41 am
Nice workout hollow.....have u always lived up north?...theres something about living in a white wonderland that intrigues me....altho, all that driveway shovelling would get to me after a while....i think id rather just buy a tank & drive that around...haha...

Nightshift
02-14-08, 3:22 am
Great workouts H!!! Can't wait to one day see this garage set up of yours!!

hjayss
02-14-08, 5:45 am
It seems that most people surrounding me are getting down with all the snow...myself...it puts a freaking smile on my face! Here is how today's workout went:

CHEST
DB Pullovers (Pre-Exhausting)...15/15/20 - Added weight on each set
Flat BB Press...10/8/6/4/3 - Pyramiding the weight up on each set
Incline BB Press (Bench set at approx. 60 Degrees)...10/8/6/4 - Pyramiding the weight up on each set
Incline DB Flyes (Bench left as above)...3 Sets to Failure

CALVES/ABS/SHOULDERS
GIANT SET
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...20/20/20/20 - Fixed weight and held at the bottom and the top of the movement
Cable Crunches...20/20/20/20 - Fixed weight on all sets
Standing Front DB Laterals (Bi-Lateral)...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight on all sets

After doing the shoulder routine from 02/11/08 it felt great to do the Flat BB Press this workout. Increasing the angle on the Incline's really taxed the chest, when I was done, I was done!

nice love the GIANT SETS....

Hollow
02-14-08, 8:59 am
I like this Hollow..like it a lot!!!
I hear you about the snow we are supposed to be getting some more tomorrow....I love playing with my dog in it!! I just don't like it when it gets too cold

Thanks jac71! What kind of dog do you have? We have two Sheppard Husky crosses, brothers and sisters, big sucks…lol! They love the snow and pulling the boys on a sled through the snow.

Hollow
02-14-08, 9:03 am
How often do you train your calves, abs, and shoulders? Do you get sore (in the bad way) ever? Just wondering because my shoulders seem to take a beating (again, in a bad way) pretty easily.

I have changed my routine from 5 days on with 2 days off to 2 on...1 off which has greatly improved my workouts. I feel great hitting each session and I don't have that run down feeling by the end of the week like I did previously. I don't get sore...knock on wood...in the bad sense, the extra day off between workouts helps me. I only do laterals on chest and back day and as for the calves, they are stubborn bastards! No matter what I train I listen to my body.

Hollow
02-14-08, 9:07 am
Nice workout hollow.....have u always lived up north?...theres something about living in a white wonderland that intrigues me....altho, all that driveway shovelling would get to me after a while....i think id rather just buy a tank & drive that around...haha...

Thanks Violator, glad to see you are feeling much better and getting ready to hit the iron once again. Shovelling is not so bad when you got three young and healthy boys to chip in...lol!

Hollow
02-14-08, 9:08 am
Great workouts H!!! Can't wait to one day see this garage set up of yours!!

Thanks Nightshift...there is nothing fancy or pretty about my set up but it is doing the job.

Hollow
02-14-08, 9:09 am
nice love the GIANT SETS....

Thanks Hjayss...giants definitely keep you line...a nice change up.

jac71
02-14-08, 9:09 am
Thanks jac71! What kind of dog do you have? We have two Sheppard Husky crosses, brothers and sisters, big sucks…lol! They love the snow and pulling the boys on a sled through the snow.

Nice!!! I love dogs....I have a full breed Siberian Husky and well he loves the snow and cold, very strong dog though he pulls me around in the snow.
The boys must have a blast and it's with out say that dogs really enjoy pulling....these types of breads actually look forward to pulling and seem right at home in the snow/cold!!

Hollow
02-14-08, 9:13 am
Nice!!! I love dogs....I have a full breed Siberian Husky and well he loves the snow and cold, very strong dog though he pulls me around in the snow.
The boys must have a blast and it's with out say that dogs really enjoy pulling....these types of breads actually look forward to pulling and seem right at home in the snow/cold!!

That must be one beautiful dog you have jac71! Our female is definitely the puller, hook her up and bam she’s gone. The male is definitely the bigger suck of the two, when I come home from work he comes running up to me, rubbing his head all over me and starts “singing”. If I start singing with him he gets louder and more excited. The neighbors know when I’m home…lol!

jac71
02-14-08, 9:22 am
That must be one beautiful dog you have jac71! Our female is definitely the puller, hook her up and bam she’s gone. The male is definitely the bigger suck of the two, when I come home from work he comes running up to me, rubbing his head all over me and starts “singing”. If I start singing with him he gets louder and more excited. The neighbors know when I’m home…lol!

He is a beautiful animal Hollow....one of the friendliest breeds around.
Hahah singing huh?!?!? Mine howls when I whistle at him don't know why but he's been doing it since he was 10 weeks old.
I have a bunch of his picks on myspace if you wanna check him out!!

Hoomgar
02-14-08, 9:40 am
Hey bro, can you give me a bit more detail on your "pre-exhaust" dumBbell pullovers? I have always just been doing one set. I lift as much weight as I can for 20 reps. I'm interested in knowing more about what you are doing there? I need to switch it up in this area!

Hollow
02-14-08, 10:52 am
He is a beautiful animal Hollow....one of the friendliest breeds around.
Hahah singing huh?!?!? Mine howls when I whistle at him don't know why but he's been doing it since he was 10 weeks old.
I have a bunch of his picks on myspace if you wanna check him out!!

I will definitely check them out later tonight!

Hollow
02-14-08, 12:01 pm
Hey bro, can you give me a bit more detail on your "pre-exhaust" dumBbell pullovers? I have always just been doing one set. I lift as much weight as I can for 20 reps. I'm interested in knowing more about what you are doing there? I need to switch it up in this area!

Basically I pick from DB pullovers or Seated Machine Flyes and pick a moderate weight I can pump out 15 - 20 reps. I perform 3 sets with a slow and steady pace. If the weight is too "light" on a set I will add weight but always keeping the reps between 15 - 20. The last set I like to push for an extra couple of reps, so I could actually hit as high as 25 reps. It may not work for everyone but I have found this works for me.

Hoomgar
02-14-08, 12:49 pm
Basically I pick from DB pullovers or Seated Machine Flyes and pick a moderate weight I can pump out 15 - 20 reps. I perform 3 sets with a slow and steady pace. If the weight is too "light" on a set I will add weight but always keeping the reps between 15 - 20. The last set I like to push for an extra couple of reps, so I could actually hit as high as 25 reps. It may not work for everyone but I have found this works for me.

Well I am all for trying to new things and new ways of doing the same things. Mixing it up! Looks like I'll be doing 2 or 3 sets of pullovers now :)

Thanks for sharing bro.

Chin
02-14-08, 1:38 pm
Hi there kind sir... I am glad that everything came in alright... I am wondering if you are coming to the ABC meet next week... because I can pick up the supps that night and use them OR we could meet up later next week before the meet so I could get then...

Just let me know

Chin

Hollow
02-14-08, 8:38 pm
Hi there kind sir... I am glad that everything came in alright... I am wondering if you are coming to the ABC meet next week... because I can pick up the supps that night and use them OR we could meet up later next week before the meet so I could get then...

Just let me know

Chin

Check your PM's.

Hollow
02-14-08, 8:57 pm
BACK
Wide Grip Pull Ups...10/10/10/10/10 - Body Weight and each set I alternated from front to back
T Bar Rows (Olympic Bar)...8/8/8/8 - Added weight on each set
1 Arm DB Rows...10/10/10 - Fixed weight and no breaks
Bent Over Rows (Reverse Grip using Olympic Bar)...10/10/10 - Added weight on each set
Seat Cable Rows...10/10/10 - Added weight on each set
Wide Grip Pulldowns (Front)...15/15 - Fixed weight
Deadlifts...8/6/4 - Added weight on each set

SUPER SETTED
Standing DB Shrugs...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight
Bent Over DB Laterals (Seated)...12/12/12/12 - Fixed weight

Felt great through out the entire workout. All breaks were kept between 45 - 60 seconds excluding the Deadlifts which I rested for approximately 90 seconds.

jac71
02-14-08, 9:15 pm
Very good workout Hollow....and 90 sec rest time in deads is pretty good in my book specially after how you murdered the back before getting to deads...impressive workout!!

Hollow
02-15-08, 6:38 am
Very good workout Hollow....and 90 sec rest time in deads is pretty good in my book specially after how you murdered the back before getting to deads...impressive workout!!

Thanks jac71!

Nightshift
02-15-08, 6:51 am
Great Intensity my man!! In a couple weeks you get to show me how it's done!!!

18plusarms
02-15-08, 9:22 am
I have changed my routine from 5 days on with 2 days off to 2 on...1 off which has greatly improved my workouts. I feel great hitting each session and I don't have that run down feeling by the end of the week like I did previously. I don't get sore...knock on wood...in the bad sense, the extra day off between workouts helps me. I only do laterals on chest and back day and as for the calves, they are stubborn bastards! No matter what I train I listen to my body.

I found for me this works best as well. I dontl worry about what day of the week it is just the order of my workouts. I have a lab who hates the cold but loves the snow and ice.

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 9:31 am
Took your advice on the pullovers bro. Started out light last night, only two sets. But since I have always just done one set it had me huffin by the time I was done with the second set. i'll work my way up to 3 sets and increas weight over the next week. Gotta spread that chest man! :)

You workout today?

Lowdown5
02-15-08, 10:51 am
BACK
Wide Grip Pull Ups...10/10/10/10/10 - Body Weight and each set I alternated from front to back
T Bar Rows (Olympic Bar)...8/8/8/8 - Added weight on each set
1 Arm DB Rows...10/10/10 - Fixed weight and no breaks
Bent Over Rows (Reverse Grip using Olympic Bar)...10/10/10 - Added weight on each set
Seat Cable Rows...10/10/10 - Added weight on each set
Wide Grip Pulldowns (Front)...15/15 - Fixed weight
Deadlifts...8/6/4 - Added weight on each set

SUPER SETTED
Standing DB Shrugs...15/15/15/15 - Fixed weight
Bent Over DB Laterals (Seated)...12/12/12/12 - Fixed weight

Felt great through out the entire workout. All breaks were kept between 45 - 60 seconds excluding the Deadlifts which I rested for approximately 90 seconds.

Great looking workout Hollow, keep going Bro!

Hollow
02-15-08, 11:51 am
Great Intensity my man!! In a couple weeks you get to show me how it's done!!!

Thanks Nightshift. Shortening up the breaks is a great way to change things up.

Northman
02-15-08, 11:58 am
You stopped because there weren't any other back exercises to perform, right?

Hollow
02-15-08, 11:59 am
I found for me this works best as well. I dontl worry about what day of the week it is just the order of my workouts. I have a lab who hates the cold but loves the snow and ice.

I have also found that each week the bodyparts land on different days which allows an even greater intensity especially on weekends for myself.

Minus the cold it sounds like you have yourself a regular snow hound. When it is snowing and you tell the dogs to "watch, don't let it land" they will actually start attacking the snow as it falls.

Hollow
02-15-08, 12:04 pm
Took your advice on the pullovers bro. Started out light last night, only two sets. But since I have always just done one set it had me huffin by the time I was done with the second set. i'll work my way up to 3 sets and increas weight over the next week. Gotta spread that chest man! :)

You workout today?

Hopefully it works out for you. Today is a rest day for myself which means instead of hitting the weights I'll be throwing back another meal in it's place!

Hollow
02-15-08, 12:06 pm
You stopped because there weren't any other back exercises to perform, right?

Oh hell no...I could think of a couple more but I was getting so flipping hungry at this point because I could smell what my wife was cooking for dinner!

Northman
02-15-08, 12:09 pm
Oh hell no...I could think of a couple more but I was getting so flipping hungry at this point because I could smell what my wife was cooking for dinner!

As you have said before (not in these words exactly)... To lift, or not to lift and cram in a meal. That is the question.

I just realized it isn't a question, so much as a dilemma. I guess grammar was different in Shakespeare's day.

Mr. Dead
02-15-08, 12:10 pm

I'm jealous! I have to do ALL the cooking. *L*

Hollow
02-15-08, 12:20 pm
As you have said before (not in these words exactly)... To lift, or not to lift and cram in a meal. That is the question.

I just realized it isn't a question, so much as a dilemma. I guess grammar was different in Shakespeare's day.

The great thing is the one compliments the other!

Hollow
02-15-08, 12:21 pm
I'm jealous! I have to do ALL the cooking. *L*

I hate to rub it in but man oh man is she a great cook!

Lowdown5
02-16-08, 7:19 am
I hate to rub it in but man oh man is she a great cook!

That is such a plus!!

Hollow
02-16-08, 7:37 am
That is such a plus!!

That is one reason why I don't think I could ever go on a cut...think of all the great food I would be missing out on...lol!

Hollow
02-16-08, 2:31 pm
Pitter Patter the sound of little footsteps! Just as I was getting ready for my workout my "little coach" came down for our regular Saturday morning cartoon session. I also received an added bonus this morning, I had the privilege to chat with Lowdown5 for a bit before starting my workout. I hope your day went well Lowdown5. Here is how the workout went today:

LEGS
Leg Extensions...10/10/2/20 - This counts as one set, did it two times
Squats...12/10/8/5/20 - Pyramiding the weight up (had to take a small breather at the end, felt like chuking, didn't though)
Vertical Leg Press (Smith Machine)...15/12/12 - Added weight on each set (targetted 12 - 15 reps on each set)
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6 - Pyramiding the weight up
Leg Curls...15/12/12 - Added weight on each set (targetted 12 - 15 reps on each set)

CALVES/ABS
SUPER SETTED
Donkey Raises...20/20/Failure
Decline Crunches...20/20/Failure

This leg workout was much better verses the last one. The one thing I learned from last week is the Front Squats do not work for me putting them first in a workout.

Northman
02-16-08, 3:53 pm
10/10/2/20s are the dogs bollucks! Keep training legs like that and Chin's going to have some major competition in the size department.

blueIMlifter
02-16-08, 4:14 pm
Pitter Patter the sound of little footsteps! Just as I was getting ready for my workout my "little coach" came down for our regular Saturday morning cartoon session. I also received an added bonus this morning, I had the privilege to chat with Lowdown5 for a bit before starting my workout. I hope your day went well Lowdown5. Here is how the workout went today:

LEGS
Leg Extensions...10/10/2/20 - This counts as one set, did it two times
Squats...12/10/8/5/20 - Pyramiding the weight up (had to take a small breather at the end, felt like chuking, didn't though)
Vertical Leg Press (Smith Machine)...15/12/12 - Added weight on each set (targetted 12 - 15 reps on each set)
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts (Olympic Bar)...10/8/6 - Pyramiding the weight up
Leg Curls...15/12/12 - Added weight on each set (targetted 12 - 15 reps on each set)

CALVES/ABS
SUPER SETTED
Donkey Raises...20/20/Failure
Decline Crunches...20/20/Failure

This leg workout was much better verses the last one. The one thing I learned from last week is the Front Squats do not work for me putting them first in a workout.

ahhhhhh come on hollow....looks like u have some more work to do since u didnt end up chuking! haha good job man looks like a damn solid workout.

Hollow
02-16-08, 5:16 pm
10/10/2/20s are the dogs bollucks! Keep training legs like that and Chin's going to have some major competition in the size department.

Lol...would be nice to catch up to you and Chin. I've been finding that the 10/10/2/20's have been the missing ingredient in my leg workout.

Hollow
02-16-08, 5:21 pm
ahhhhhh come on hollow....looks like u have some more work to do since u didnt end up chuking! haha good job man looks like a damn solid workout.

Lol...thanks BlueIMlifter. The fresh air saved me from chuking otherwise...

jac71
02-16-08, 6:46 pm
Awesome wheel session Hollow

Hollow
02-16-08, 7:16 pm
Awesome wheel session Hollow

Thanks jac71!

D-Bomb
02-16-08, 7:25 pm
subbed, since ya check me out, ill check you out brother.

Hollow
02-16-08, 8:15 pm
subbed, since ya check me out, ill check you out brother.

Welcome aboard the journey my fellow brother of the iron!

Hollow
02-17-08, 11:42 am
SHOULDERS
Reverse Seated Machine Flyes...20/15/15 - Added weight for each set
Standing BB Press (Behind)...10/10/10/8/8 - Added weight for each set (Target was 8 - 10 reps)
Upright Rows (Olympic Bar)...12/12/10 - Added weight for each set (Target was 10 - 12 reps)
Nose Pulls (Rope)...15/15/12 - Added weight for each set (Target was 12 - 15 reps)

SUPER SETTED
BB Shrugs...15/15/15 - Fixed weight
Seated DB Power Cleans - 12/12/12 - Fixed weight

Note on shoulders...all breaks were kept below 45 seconds

BICEPS
BB Curls (Olympic Bar)...8/8/8 - Added weight for each set with 45 second breaks (Target was 6 - 8 reps)
Seated Inclined DB Curls (Bench at approx. 25 Degrees and performed bi-laterally)...12/12/10 - Fixed weight with 30 second breaks (Target was 10 - 12 reps)

TRICEPS
GIANT SET - 60 second breaks
1 Arm Reverse Press Downs...10/10/10 - Fixed weight
Dips Behind the Back...15/15/15
Fixed Bar Tricep Extensions...12/12/12

Mother Nature provided some rather humorous entertainment during the workout. We've been getting freezing rain for most of the day...I live on a hill...cars trying to go up the hill...I've got to really stress the word trying! Most people were becoming quite good at backing down the hill...presistent people...lol!

Northman
02-17-08, 12:12 pm
Stay at home today. I'm sure you realized it watching those cars, but the roads aren't any fun.

Hollow
02-17-08, 12:50 pm
Stay at home today. I'm sure you realized it watching those cars, but the roads aren't any fun.

That sounds like a great idea...relax...eat...hey, eat while I relax! Great idea Stiff!

Northman
02-17-08, 12:59 pm
That sounds like a great idea...relax...eat...hey, eat while I relax! Great idea Stiff!

Maybe watch some more cartoons with your coach!

The GF and I have been catching up on the Indiana Jones movies in preparation for going to see the new one in theaters.

Hollow
02-17-08, 1:15 pm
Maybe watch some more cartoons with your coach!

The GF and I have been catching up on the Indiana Jones movies in preparation for going to see the new one in theaters.

Actually we are going to watch the Abyss, I didn't even know there was another Indiana Jones coming out, goes to show you, you learn something new everyday!

Hoomgar
02-18-08, 10:21 am
Wheels followed by chest the next day, killer bro :)

So what is the skinny on this 10/10/2/20? Sounds
like something I need to try?

Hollow
02-18-08, 4:22 pm
Wheels followed by chest the next day, killer bro :)

So what is the skinny on this 10/10/2/20? Sounds
like something I need to try?

Thanks Hoomgar. Actually leg sessions always fall right after a day off. Having the day off before hitting my legs helps big time! I will post in your journey an explanation of the 10/10/2/20.

Hoomgar
02-18-08, 4:36 pm
Thanks Hoomgar. Actually leg sessions always fall right after a day off. Having the day off before hitting my legs helps big time! I will post in your journey an explanation of the 10/10/2/20.

Yeah I have 2 days off in front of my legs right now. Helps for sure. I appreciate the info bro.

Mr. Dead
02-18-08, 5:02 pm
[QUOTE=Hoomgar;296090]Wheels followed by chest the next day, killer bro :)

I've read in a few places, that is one of the best ways to grow. Awesome!

Hollow
02-18-08, 5:55 pm
Yeah I have 2 days off in front of my legs right now. Helps for sure. I appreciate the info bro.

Glad to help out.

Hollow
02-18-08, 5:59 pm
[QUOTE=Hoomgar;296090]Wheels followed by chest the next day, killer bro :)

I've read in a few places, that is one of the best ways to grow. Awesome!

Thanks Mr. Dead!

Latimer316
02-18-08, 6:05 pm
Hoomgar, you gotta try the 10 10 2 20. I've done it for two weeks in a row now and it is insane man. I've been doing it before my squats and it wakes them up for sure. Keep stretching after you get off the machine b/c they will get real tight on ya. Good luck bro.

Hollow
02-18-08, 6:12 pm
Hoomgar, you gotta try the 10 10 2 20. I've done it for two weeks in a row now and it is insane man. I've been doing it before my squats and it wakes them up for sure. Keep stretching after you get off the machine b/c they will get real tight on ya. Good luck bro.

That is a good point brought up by Latimer316...keep stretching afterward.

hjayss
02-19-08, 12:51 am
nice hollow..Looks like you threw everything you could at shoudlers and arms..nice session..

Hollow
02-19-08, 9:04 am
nice hollow..Looks like you threw everything you could at shoudlers and arms..nice session..

Thanks Hjayss.

ironshaolin
02-19-08, 9:39 am
nice session, dude. Roads like that, looks like its time for another cardio session to get to and from teh gym!

Hollow
02-19-08, 11:38 am
nice session, dude. Roads like that, looks like its time for another cardio session to get to and from teh gym!

Thanks ironshaolin! That is one of the joys of working out at home, weather is not usually a big factor.

Hoomgar
02-19-08, 12:30 pm

I'm going for it today bro, thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that! I am not allowed to do full standing squats but I will be doing leg press and hack squats so I will warm up with the 10/10/2/20.

That is a good point brought up by Latimer316...keep stretching afterward.

Yeah just in time. I'm about 4 hour away from hittin it. I have been learning a good bit from your log now. I love this forum.

Thanks ironshaolin! That is one of the joys of working out at home, weather is not usually a big factor.

Love my home gym. When I can't get out, I can still get a killer workout at home!

This whole journey we are taking is so much fun it should be illegal LOL!

Hollow
02-19-08, 2:09 pm
Thanks, that is one of the great things about this forvm is the wealth of information we can learn from each other! Enjoy your leg session!

Hollow
02-19-08, 7:57 pm
CHEST
Machine Flyes...20/20/17 - Added weight on each set (Target was 15 - 20 Reps)
Flat BB Press...12/12/12/12 - Added weight on each set (Target was 10 - 12 Reps)
Incline BB Press (Bench was at a 45 degree angle)...12/12/12/12 - Added weight on each set (Target was 10 - 12 Reps)

SUPER SETTED
Declined DB Flyes...15/15/15
Close Grip Pullups...8/8/8

At this point I had to take a small breather. My chest was freaking pumped! Also at this time my little guy who had been with me up to this point had decided to go in the house. As he reached the doorway he stopped and turned back to face me and asked, "Dad are you going to be okay out here by yourself?" I looked at him and thanked him for his help but I would be okay. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up as he walked into the house. Back to business!

TRICEPS
Close Grip BB Press...15/15/15 - Added weight on each set (Target was 12 - 15 Reps)
Inclined Seated Press Downs (Short Bar)...10/10/10 - Fixed weight (Target was 10 - 12 Reps)

CALVES
Standing Calves (Smith Machine)...25/25/20/15/15 - Added weight on each set except last set of 15`s.

Northman
02-19-08, 11:45 pm
You must have looked spent if the coach was concerned about you.

p.s. We went to the movies today, but she was mistaken... Indiana Jones isn't out until next month. We saw the Spiderwick Chronicles instead. Not bad, but it is a movie for children 8 and up I'd say. Just a thought in case your's were interested.

hjayss
02-20-08, 12:03 am
hey hollow....your w/o's always seem to hit me bro...love the reps it really spells out how hard you train for us....it is not easy to dig out reps like that...solid work...

violator
02-20-08, 1:22 am
nice supersets brother, keep tearing up the great white north...

Nightshift
02-20-08, 3:22 am
Things are looking really solid here my man!! Looks like your going to leave me in the dust come Saturday!!!

Hollow
02-20-08, 6:22 am
You must have looked spent if the coach was concerned about you.

p.s. We went to the movies today, but she was mistaken... Indiana Jones isn't out until next month. We saw the Spiderwick Chronicles instead. Not bad, but it is a movie for children 8 and up I'd say. Just a thought in case your's were interested.

I kept the breaks under a minute on all the chest exercises so by the time I was done it felt great but I needed a short breather. The little guy is always there to help out!

Thanks for the tip on Spiderwick Chronicles. The boys have said that they wanted to see it.

Hollow
02-20-08, 6:24 am
hey hollow....your w/o's always seem to hit me bro...love the reps it really spells out how hard you train for us....it is not easy to dig out reps like that...solid work...

Thanks Hjayss, that means a lot to me!