PDA

View Full Version : Manitoba Animals: The Winnipeg Sessions

Littlefry
01-22-08, 5:34 pm
Any manitobians on here from winnipeg intrested in putting together some animal workout?

drxfeelgood
01-24-08, 3:26 pm
IM in lets get a manitoba chapter started

Littlefry
01-28-08, 5:24 pm
Nice, where do you workout. I currently train at the Centenial Pool gym off of portage avenue, usually Iam there friday, sun, tues, and here and there odd days for abs, where you training at?

Northman
01-28-08, 5:29 pm
Hey guys. Get some Animals from your local gyms to sign up at the forvm here. That will help to beef out your numbers. Also, there is an Alberta thread already. Maybe you could start separate chapters and have training sessions together once and a while, since you are neighbors. This is worth it. There is nothing like getting a group of like-minded lifters together to train and eat. It is a workout on a whole different level.

If you guys need any help getting this off the ground, let me know.

drxfeelgood
01-29-08, 5:26 pm
Never been there before. I changed gyms and now im working out at Chief Peguis near henderson hwy. Its city owned so the equipment is old but working condition and looks like a dungeon at least compared to the other gyms in the city. I'll try to get more people signed up.

drxfeelgood
01-29-08, 5:33 pm
Is that gym more central or west of the city?

Littlefry
01-30-08, 9:55 pm
drx its in st.james its off portage the street is called parkdale street i beleive

Littlefry
02-20-08, 8:05 pm
bump any ohter winnipegers out there

Littlefry
05-10-08, 7:21 pm
any other manitobians out there that train hard

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:03 pm
How are we gonna get this chapter off the ground fellas?

Enforcer
07-22-08, 12:05 pm
Any manitobians on here from winnipeg intrested in putting together some animal workout?

What do you guys need from me to help get this off the ground?

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:06 pm
Ill help :)

guys i might not show it by the 1 post ive made.. but ive been a dedicated member of bb.com.

ive dedicated myself to changing since i was 300 pounds in grade 9..now graduated recently.

i train hard like no other, i just need help with this.

to those of you in winnipeg i lift at the welness institute its a little more..commercial..no intensity and i go sadly by myself no buddys that lift.

should this go on id either have to take the bus or something but it would be awesome.!

lets do it!

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:09 pm

guys i might not show it by the 1 post ive made.. but ive been a dedicated member of bb.com.

ive dedicated myself to changing since i was 300 pounds in grade 9..now graduated recently.

to those of you in winnipeg i lift at the welness institute its a little more..commercial..no intensity and i go sadly by myself no buddys that lift.

should this go on id either have to take the bus or something but it would be awesome.!

lets do it!

Good to see ya made it over to the other side... Let's get it on.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:10 pm
Good to see ya made it over to the other side... Let's get it on.

i dont know why i didnt join sooner.

i just hope the other guys are alive !

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:12 pm
i dont know why i didnt join sooner.

i just hope the other guys are alive !

Feel free to get your lifting partners or other serious lifters you know over here and posting in the thread. At some point, you're gonna wanna post a head count with all those committed to the first event.

naturalguy
07-22-08, 12:12 pm

lets do it!

Welcome Marauder63

Start looking for a suitable gym for an ABC.

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:13 pm
Welcome Marauder63

Start looking for a suitable gym for an ABC.

And don't forget, a suitable place to chow after the event... That's key.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:14 pm
ill start looking for a gym atm ill search on google or something other then that.. ill ask around etc i can always go to a local supp shop called popeyes they hold some cool events well.. sales to say that least and have people from companys go there. i can always start there thursday i want to go do some shit (day off from work). so most likely then.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:16 pm
And don't forget, a suitable place to chow after the event... That's key.

hmm.. theres a few all you can eats that are pretty good... WAIT NO WAIT

theres a restaurant called blondies they make a 9 pound burger

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:17 pm
Here's a PDF flyer you can download and printout/photocopy to get interest: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17895

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:18 pm
hmm.. theres a few all you can eats that are pretty good... WAIT NO WAIT

theres a restaurant called blondies they make a 9 pound burger

Good. You got the burger joint...

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:18 pm
iunno theres tons of places...
tons of shit to look out for..

ok so...to do list thursday..

-Order Animal Gear ..shirt..etc..

-look for a good place to chow or ask.

-go to supp store to talk about good gyms and or people that want to sign up.

-repeat :)

Mr. Dead
07-22-08, 12:19 pm
Congrats, Marauder63!!! And, welcome!!!

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:19 pm
Good. You got the burger joint...

well its pretty crazy...actually.. i dont think there shit is even what they say though.. for instance

i ordered a half pound just to start out once (been there twice) and it barely fit my hand

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:20 pm
Congrats, Marauder63!!! And, welcome!!!

Thanks im going to start keeping some records etc of all this stuff on microsoft word/ something i can have at home.

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:20 pm
Here's a PDF flyer you can download and printout/photocopy to get interest: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17895

This is a blank event flyer you can also download/printout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16587

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:21 pm
Feel free to hit up any of the ABC Coordinators for advice. You'll recognize 'em by their ABC Coordinator avatars, like Mr. Dead above...

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:22 pm
iunno theres tons of places...
tons of shit to look out for..

ok so...to do list thursday..

-Order Animal Gear ..shirt..etc..

-look for a good place to chow or ask.

-go to supp store to talk about good gyms and or people that want to sign up.

-repeat :)

There's a special promo code for the Animal T if you're getting one for an ABC... I'll see if I can find it.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:22 pm
This is a blank event flyer you can also download/printout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16587

Nice Man thanks a lot! ill kep it on hand.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:24 pm
There's a special promo code for the Animal T if you're getting one for an ABC... I'll see if I can find it.

Would be great! not sure which one to get when i do i can theoreticly order now but might as well thursday.

also wondering if i should get other stuff.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:28 pm
o and any winnipegers that see this and are really serious Please pm me well if you feel the need to for my contact info or well cell number i guess just incase you guys have any thoughts and want some off forum discussions instead of needing to always be at the comp if you have something in mind.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:44 pm
Sorry to be so aggresive guys but its what needs to be done for this to be lifted off the ground.

Universal Rep
07-22-08, 12:54 pm
Sorry to be so aggresive guys but its what needs to be done for this to be lifted off the ground.

In short, find a gym and talk to the owner. Photos will be taken of the event by you and others there. An Animal Banner will be sent to you for all the members at the event to sign. Group pic, etc. Get interested members here and have 'em post in this thread so we can get a headcount and know what else to send. Wear Animal Gear to the event and those who do to the first event will get an Iconic T. Pick a place to eat afterwards. Post up all the pics from the event here in the Gallery section. Done.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 12:57 pm
In short, find a gym and talk to the owner. Photos will be taken of the event by you and others there. An Animal Banner will be sent to you for all the members at the event to sign. Group pic, etc. Get interested members here and have 'em post in this thread so we can get a headcount and know what else to send. Wear Animal Gear to the event and those who do to the first event will get an Iconic T. Pick a place to eat afterwards. Post up all the pics from the event here in the Gallery section. Done.

alright well ya thats still part of the plan to go ask around about any really good gyms out there. im sure there is but this just got revived :P

Marauder63
07-22-08, 2:44 pm
bump for anyone

Marauder63
07-22-08, 3:34 pm
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/Blondies_08.jpg

Picture is from a reviewers site.

These are the "rules" of blondies restaurant

A Burger place on main street.

Marauder63
07-22-08, 3:35 pm
apparently it wont show up as just the pic...

Marauder63
07-22-08, 11:17 pm
Bump just incase

just got back from work.

Littlefry
07-23-08, 12:26 am
Marauder63 good to see you decided to come over, we need more winnipegers on here, Ive got a couple friends hooked on animal pump recently so I'll try and get them on the forvm as well.

Marauder63
07-23-08, 7:43 am
Marauder63 good to see you decided to come over, we need more winnipegers on here, Ive got a couple friends hooked on animal pump recently so I'll try and get them on the forvm as well.

Nice man! im deciding wether to make a small flyer for my gym and anyone to contact me ! ill leave you my contact info in a private message just incase im not online at any time

Marauder63
07-23-08, 11:17 pm
just a bump

Marauder63
07-24-08, 1:40 pm
Hey guys along with the template that U Rep Gave me i also created this lil bugger :)

Animal Barbell Club-Winnipeg Chapter

Do you:

-take your training seriously
-do you push yourself whenever you go to the gym
-have a great story of how weight lifting or exercise changed you?

Have you:

-Used Supplementation in your life (if so what) (ie/ protein powder/Creatine/Multi/ NO etc)

-Ever thought about using supplements?

Either way If you’re a member of Bodybuilding.com or the animalpak.com forum or even know of the two from just surfing and reading just haven’t thought of joining?

I am trying to Start an ABC Club here in Winnipeg where fans of the universal/animal supplement line and or way of life. get together and have weightlifting sessions we get together at a gym workout and then after go out to a place to chow down(eat). The whole idea is that people get together not only for weightlifting but in general and have fun.

Things included as far as I know is a banner gets sent for every member of a chapter to sign for there first workout and everyone takes a picture etc. it’s a great way to bond with people that has the same mindset as you.

If anyone is ever interested or doesn’t know how to go about this my cell number is

204-226-0926 for any info.

Or you can sign up at either forum and find me as Marauder63.

I hope to see people join up this is not a one time workout we can meet to workout whenever we want.

going to post a copy along side the template at my gym tomorrow and see what happens :)

Northman
07-24-08, 2:03 pm
Looks good. Maybe approach some local guys about joining the forvm personally. Just remember... quality over quantity.

Marauder63
07-24-08, 2:07 pm
Looks good. Maybe approach some local guys about joining the forvm personally. Just remember... quality over quantity.

o of course i know that i can always re word it but i dont want to..scare to many people away like.. this guy sounds like he is trying to make us go.

ive seen some regulars around the gym haha i got legs to do tomorrow not that it matters but if theres anyone ive seen around etc ill let them know.

Marauder63
07-26-08, 11:57 am
Bump wheres The other guy man..ugh.. well i at least have my Flyer up at the gym

Marauder63
07-27-08, 10:08 pm
So Much for him.. ill keep updating when i can if anyone contacts me or if i can get people to join.. :(

Littlefry
08-07-08, 7:28 pm
Hey guys along with the template that U Rep Gave me i also created this lil bugger :)

Animal Barbell Club-Winnipeg Chapter

Do you:

-take your training seriously
-do you push yourself whenever you go to the gym
-have a great story of how weight lifting or exercise changed you?

Have you:

-Used Supplementation in your life (if so what) (ie/ protein powder/Creatine/Multi/ NO etc)

-Ever thought about using supplements?

Either way If you’re a member of Bodybuilding.com or the animalpak.com forum or even know of the two from just surfing and reading just haven’t thought of joining?

I am trying to Start an ABC Club here in Winnipeg where fans of the universal/animal supplement line and or way of life. get together and have weightlifting sessions we get together at a gym workout and then after go out to a place to chow down(eat). The whole idea is that people get together not only for weightlifting but in general and have fun.

Things included as far as I know is a banner gets sent for every member of a chapter to sign for there first workout and everyone takes a picture etc. it’s a great way to bond with people that has the same mindset as you.

If anyone is ever interested or doesn’t know how to go about this my cell number is

204-226-0926 for any info.

Or you can sign up at either forum and find me as Marauder63.

I hope to see people join up this is not a one time workout we can meet to workout whenever we want.

going to post a copy along side the template at my gym tomorrow and see what happens :)

That sounds solid man I'll see if I can attract anyone either

C.Coronato
05-15-09, 9:48 am
Anything going on in here? Join any other ABCs or have any lately?

C.Coronato
08-20-09, 5:12 pm
Whats up brothers. Ready to rock an ABC yet?

ProteinJunkie
08-20-09, 5:48 pm
And for all who are interested, we gots' ourselves a CDN Tribe here too full of great info for those of us in Canada and welcome you to join up if you haven't already.

http://forum.animalpak.com/group.php?groupid=22

C.Coronato
02-16-10, 9:40 am
Here is your invitation:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

Littlefry
05-17-10, 2:06 pm
Alright Im bumping this back up to the top for an winnipeg, manitoba animals. Im looking to put together a winnipeg ABC at a gym with any fellow animals that want to come out. I will be setting everything up to try and suit everyones schedual.

Im going to try and plan a Winnipeg ABC on a sunday afternoon. There will be a couple lifting contest, and just really a nic little get together for fellow Animal's in the neighborhood. I will try and get my hands on some samples to hand out if I can. I also might set up a prize for one of the contests...details on that later.

If you in winnipeg, manitoba and intrested please PM asap so I can work out all the details

Thanks Littlefry

Littlefry
06-07-10, 2:03 pm
Bumping back up- Any winnipeg animals intrested in attending an ABC PM me asap please.

Beach91
06-08-10, 10:06 pm
Wow, ive never seen this thread on here before. I am a pegger, i train at shapes, but as long as u have an ABC on the weekend, i will do a drop in at whatever gym u have it at as long as it works on my schedule

Preservation
09-07-10, 1:06 am
it would be nice to get an animal group together in winnipeg I've trained all over st.james and in the north end trained at cential pool gym in st.james went to civic sucked but my builder home, tried anytime fintess pretty good for maintaining and cutting parkwest not bad cindy klassen is a hole in a hole of a gym... if your a serious Animal msg me so we can get the ball rollen I take my animal sups and workouts serious the gym is my second home...where the Animal peggers at...

Beach91
09-07-10, 4:46 pm
i currently train at Shapes, and live in ST James, i am looking for a new gym, i have trained at the Y but its too small, not enough room or weights

any ideas on a decent hardcore place in my end of the city to train at?

C.Coronato
02-17-11, 4:20 pm

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

C.Coronato
01-26-12, 1:12 pm

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory