PDA

View Full Version : Korea Animals

rob_in_korea
02-02-08, 7:12 am
If there is anyone else here that is in Korea or is planning on coming to Korea for more than a few months let me know so we can start an ABC over here. I know that my workout partner Carlos (caprok as he is known here) is on board to help get it started. Him and I will start going around and finding people that are interested.

This will be a little different from stateside ABCs due to the fact that a vast majority of people are here for two years or less and I myself may be leaving Korea at the end of this year but at least we can get something started.

-Rob

widdlewade44
02-02-08, 12:36 pm
Good luck brother and keep spreading Animal internationally!

Kevin
widdlewade44

rob_in_korea
02-04-08, 5:55 pm
Thanks widdlewade. Caprok and I will be over at the gym today talking to people to see who's interested.

caprok
02-05-08, 7:40 am
Whats up everyone? Carlos here (Robs workout partner).
We are pretty excited about spreading the word over here in Korea.
We have been brainstorming on the different ways to spread the word.
Rob and I will keep u posted on all thats happening.
Look forward for any feedback anyone might have.

rob_in_korea
02-06-08, 11:39 pm
Well we talked to some people at the gym the other day and a couple of them may be interested. Tomorrow we will be working out with a Korean pro bodybuilder (pro in Korea but amateur in the US) friend of mine. I think he may be interested because he is the one that told me about Animal products a while ago.

-Rob

rob_in_korea
02-09-08, 10:33 pm
I talked to my bodybuilder friend Yun Chang and he sounds interested also. He doesn't speak much english but next time I talk to him I'll try to get him to register and post in this thread.

prafull
02-10-08, 12:23 pm
all d best bro 4 spreadin this internationally..
wish i could do this back here in INDIA too...dunno anybody frm india who might be on this forvm..

rob_in_korea
02-19-08, 6:47 pm
Thanks prafull. Just to keep this thread updated. Carlos and I have talked to a few people and they sound interested. We are going to print up some stuff so hopefully people will actually come here and register.

prafull
02-20-08, 12:32 am
keep the good work goin bro..
really appreciate it..we need blokes like ya..

atrain11b
03-03-08, 11:12 pm
Hey guys Shane here, currently in Uijongbu (Camp Red Cloud). Willing to make the bus ride to Seoul to participate, sounds like a great way for me to learn some stuff. Overall this whole program seems Awesome.

Anyways, I have a very weird schedule, but could work with people to get the day off that would be needed, of course would need to know a little in advance.

As for spreading the word, I think I can help get some of the Military folk in my area to participate. Not sure how well that'll work, but I am willing to get with our BOSS, and MWR, program, and our Gym here on the Camp, and put something up to gain some members. I will also see if people I know personally would be interested. I also know a couple of guys from Korea on another website. Problem is, I don't know many people on this Camp because I work nights, and am the only guy in the gym when I go except for a few teenagers.

But I am willing to do what I can from my end to help out. Would like to see this thing take off, even if it is only 5 or so of us.

Oh and Rob, when you get the stiff printed up, could you email it to me, so I to can use it in a recruitment effort.

rob_in_korea
03-04-08, 3:43 am
No problem atrain. It would be great if you could come down to Seoul sometime, I've been up to Red Cloud a few times but who knows maybe I can head up there one of these days. My workout partner will supposedly be back in Korea March 8th so shortly after that I should have some stuff printed up for you.

-Rob

sly06
03-04-08, 4:07 am
This is great stuff. I bet you I can get a Chapter here at Camp Bucca. Tons of people go to the gym here and I bet some of them would be interested. Rob could you send me a sample of your recruiting letter. Just PM me thanks.

rob_in_korea
03-04-08, 4:21 am
Will do sly, should have something by next week. Good luck on getting a chapter started over there.

-Rob

atrain11b
03-04-08, 4:35 am
Hey Rob, quick question, where do you and Carlos workout in Seoul?

sly06
03-04-08, 5:12 am
Thanks Rob. Hopefully I can start something here.

rob_in_korea
03-04-08, 6:45 pm
Atrain, we almost always workout on Yongsan at Collier field house however we have gone over to California fitness in Apguchong (not sure how familiar you are with Seoul) which is about 15-20 mins from Yongsan. That is where many of Korea's bodybuilders workout.

-Rob

atrain11b
03-05-08, 1:12 am
Atrain, we almost always workout on Yongsan at Collier field house however we have gone over to California fitness in Apguchong (not sure how familiar you are with Seoul) which is about 15-20 mins from Yongsan. That is where many of Korea's bodybuilders workout.

-Rob

I know about Yongsan, and I had a buddy who lifted at California Fitness before he relocated to Thailand. That seems like a cool place. Never worked out where Professionals did. I did workout on Muscle Beach once though.

All in all, I am not that good with the Seoul area, but need to start looking more into it, the wife comes to Korea for two weeks in April, and we will be at the Dragon for a few days. I will most likely hit you with a PM or two to ask about the area. Stuff other then Itaewon.

rob_in_korea
03-05-08, 4:48 am
Sounds good atrain. There are a ton of interesting places in Seoul. My wife and I will be in the Philippines for about a week in early April but if you guys are here the same time as us maybe we can meet up.

-Rob

C.Coronato
02-06-09, 12:34 pm
Hey fellas. Got any ABCs going? Try to look into getting together, its always a good time!

rob_in_korea
02-07-09, 7:38 am
Unfortunately not yet. Atrain is now stationed in the US. It's just me and my workout partner right now....lol. I occasionally train with a couple of Korean bodybuilders and powerlifters but they don't really speak English.

I will keep looking for people though.

-Rob

junonuting613752
02-19-09, 12:17 am
Yo wasup man, im here in camp humphrey'z aka da hump! was wondering if this ABC thang is still in affect, if it is, i would love to join!

rob_in_korea
02-19-09, 12:35 am
We have been trying to put one together. My workout partner and I usually work out on Yongsan at Collier Field House. If you ever want to come up and work out let me know. I heard Humphreys has a new gym? Maybe I can head down there sometime and check it out.

-Rob

junonuting613752
02-19-09, 12:42 am
awwww helll yeah bro! We got the super gym, its like 3 frickin floorz bro! I just got here in NOV of 08, man ive only been to seoul like once or twice, and there always frickin quick visits to. I work day shift and swing shifts, and i have my own days off, like im commin up on a three days off starting tomorrow, so im new to k town(aka korea). HAHAHA im a gym rat, work, gym, and chill at my crib. So, im lookin to get into some plans and even try to find a work out partner, its sucks being by urself, u know?

junonuting613752
02-19-09, 12:53 am
We have been trying to put one together. My workout partner and I usually work out on Yongsan at Collier Field House. If you ever want to come up and work out let me know. I heard Humphreys has a new gym? Maybe I can head down there sometime and check it out.

-Rob

Would love to mos def meet up! i worked out at Yongsan readiness center gym next to those nasty frickin barracks, its a small gym, its right across the street. Wasnt too bad, it got the job done, which all that mattered, but dam when it gets packd it mos def gets packd. I just AIPD so im gna be here for a min, also lookin to get command sponsorship here also, so that i can bring my family with me here in a year or a year n a half, gotta take care of sum billz, but i wouldnt mind joinin the club fo sho! let me know wasup man, hahaha can u tell, i feel like a lil skew gurl in the mall right neow!

rob_in_korea
02-19-09, 1:07 am
I'll be working out tomorrow (around 4:30pm), Saturday and Sunday at Collier. Sunday I'll most likely be lifting with a Korean bodybuilder friend of mine. If you have time, let me know.

-Rob

junonuting613752
02-19-09, 1:19 am
I'll be working out tomorrow (around 4:30pm), Saturday and Sunday at Collier. Sunday I'll most likely be lifting with a Korean bodybuilder friend of mine. If you have time, let me know.

-Rob

i got friday and saturday and sunday off, so let me know wasup bro. i just dont know where everything is at though.

C.Coronato
05-13-09, 11:11 am
Ya guys, who ever, even if its a few of you, and you enjoy this lifestyle, let me know. I can help you in any way i can.

rob_in_korea
05-13-09, 11:27 pm
Thanks for the support treetrunk, I am losing my normal access to the base gyms on May 29th because I was let go from my job. I'll be joining a Korean gym soon and continue trying to find new people to get together.

-Rob

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 9:53 am
Rob - Sounds good my man. Pick up a few dudes and do the thing. Dont lose sight of your goals. Its rough out there i understand, let me know if you need any help with getting things going.

C.Coronato
08-19-09, 11:46 am
I know there are plenty military personnel in Korea, so this certainly should pick up. Where is everyone?

rob_in_korea
08-20-09, 8:47 am
I work out at a Korean gym but I may have converted some people to the Animal way of life. Every once and a while I work out on base, I'll see what I can do. I'll keep doing my thing.

-Rob

C.Coronato
08-20-09, 9:42 am
What base are you at? I have a buddy who just enlisted and is over there.

rob_in_korea
08-20-09, 10:44 am
My wife and I own our own business now so I don't work for the government anymore.
I am in Seoul and the closest base to me is Yongsan but I need someone to sign me on.

-Rob

Firefist
08-20-09, 10:50 am
My wife and I own our own business now so I don't work for the government anymore.
I am in Seoul and the closest base to me is Yongsan but I need someone to sign me on.

-Rob

AHHHHH! i was just there! i should have looked you up and had a training session with ya. seoul is an awesome place. we were stayin like 2 minutes from dong dae mun.

rob_in_korea
08-20-09, 12:46 pm
AHHHHH! i was just there! i should have looked you up and had a training session with ya. seoul is an awesome place. we were stayin like 2 minutes from dong dae mun.

That would have been cool. Next time you are here, let me know. I am about 20 mins from dong dae mun on the subway.

Jon_Blaze
10-13-09, 2:52 am
So there is an ABC here in Korea? I'm definitely willing to help out, just joined the boards and I'm based in Seoul (Gangnam area).

rob_in_korea
10-13-09, 11:38 am
The ABC is not official yet. We have had some off and on people.
I lift at a place called Iris fitness.
It's in between Nonhyun and Sin nonhyun stations.
If you are interested in meeting up sometime, let me know.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
10-14-09, 10:31 pm
So between Nonhyeon and Shinnonhyeon stations? I'll have to check it out sometime, I'm at a place called bodyspace in that same area, but I'm also planning on checking out this place called Forest Fitness in the middle of Gangnam, since one of my buddies knows the owner (discount baby!)

C.Coronato
02-17-10, 2:21 pm
Here is your invitation:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

Shukin
06-09-10, 7:16 pm
Just putting this out there to my neighbors in Korea, there is a strongman comp on August 21-22 in Japan at the Yokota Air Base, Higa Monster will be there and is up for an ABC on the 21st........ any takers?

Check out the Japan Animal thread,
Thanks,
Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
06-09-10, 9:20 pm
Just putting this out there to my neighbors in Korea, there is a strongman comp on August 21-22 in Japan at the Yokota Air Base, Higa Monster will be there and is up for an ABC on the 21st........ any takers?

Check out the Japan Animal thread,
Thanks,
Shukin

No doubt! Rob, are you able to come? We would love to have you there too.

HIGA MONSTER

rob_in_korea
06-11-10, 5:57 am
Thanks guys.
Yokota Air Base is nice, I did some work over there a few years ago.
August? We will have to see how busy I am with business.
It would definitely be an awesome trip.

-Rob

HIGA MONSTER
06-13-10, 7:48 pm
Thanks guys.
Yokota Air Base is nice, I did some work over there a few years ago.
August? We will have to see how busy I am with business.
It would definitely be an awesome trip.

-Rob

Ok man, let me know. Hope you can make it.

HIGA MONSTER

auburn_1984
02-06-11, 9:51 pm
Anyone know ow Kunsan or Osan's base gym is? I am thinking about applying for orders there but do not know anyone that is over there.

rob_in_korea
02-07-11, 6:58 am
Both Kunsan and Osan have great gyms. Osan is much closer to Seoul. Kunsan is out in the middle of nowhere.

-Rob

C.Coronato
02-28-11, 1:18 pm

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

rob_in_korea
03-06-11, 2:38 am
Thanks for letting us know C. Hopefully, we can make it next year.

-Rob

C.Coronato
02-20-12, 1:09 pm

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory