PDA

View Full Version : Journey to The Steel City Naturals

liftthatshit08
02-02-08, 10:21 pm
This is it, there is no turning back now. Once i've set something in my mind i want to achieve, no one can tell me differently. This is where it all begins for me, something wild, something crazy, something not exacly mainstream that not alot of people understand. I would not expect them to, but it is something i believe in my heart that i am meant for. There are few people in this world that understand what this sport takes, The countless sacrifices that must be made day in and day out, but you know somethin, its fuckin awesome, and for me it gives me purpose, gives me somethin to strive for as an individual. This is not a game for me, this is not a competition to go and see how i do, or for the fun of competing (somethin i always enjoy hearing), this is something i've set in stone for myself, something that i will accomplish, i go to win, i go for myself, for me...this is my journey to the Mr. Steel City Naturals

liftthatshit08
02-02-08, 10:29 pm
it starts here and now for me, there are too many things that happen, that can distract you from your overall goals. Waiting. I cant wait. If i wait, things will be passing me by like i am just a fly on a freeway. This is where it starts, because for me, its not about waiting, its about getting your hands dirty, tryin to better yourself today, given what u have. I am on a bulk right now, basically just eating anything and everything, just tryin to pack on the pounds. I havta say the obvious, yea it is the fun part of this whole game. Eating watever, trainin hard and heavy, just goin all out on everything. Needless to say im not looking forward to the dieting, the sacrifices, the low energy levels, but in the long run will not be denied.....

mxstang
02-03-08, 6:27 pm
You have what it takes at this level in the game now. Go for it. Run it down everyday. You know what it demands of you, so give it. You know what's out there for you, so take it. You are on one hell of a journey, brother, and it WILL be fun (and worth every bead of sweat). Never look back for a second, bro, or that's where you'll end up. And when the naysayers run their mouth, remember these words: "People will inevitably question what you do and what you say, the important thing is that you don't."

Party like a rock star, man.

waugie14
02-03-08, 7:58 pm
That makes 3 animals on stage in september now

Brutus_515
02-04-08, 9:31 am
come by today to slaughter that back and get it wide cuz

Brutus_515
02-04-08, 9:40 am
Are either of you too doing the NPC show in sept?.....or is it just me?

liftthatshit08
02-04-08, 10:00 am
Are either of you too doing the NPC show in sept?.....or is it just me?
i dnt think i'll do that show, but then again, i havent thot about it in depth so ya never know...

liftthatshit08
02-04-08, 10:05 am
That makes 3 animals on stage in september now
hell ya chaz, it does bro, we're all gonna wear that yellow with pride man!

Brutus_515
02-04-08, 10:44 am
hell ya chaz, it does bro, we're all gonna wear that yellow with pride man!

haha i dont know about that....dont forget not to where something you like...protan is a fucking mess dude

liftthatshit08
02-04-08, 11:07 am
haha i dont know about that....dont forget not to where something you like...protan is a fucking mess dude

dude i really dnt know wat u were sayin in that, can u tell me again??

Brutus_515
02-04-08, 11:13 am
dude i really dnt know wat u were sayin in that, can u tell me again??

Pro tan.... the shit you put on before you get on stage is a nasty mess it stains everything...so i might not where the yellow shirt lol...

Also make sure you dont get it on your finger nails!

liftthatshit08
02-04-08, 11:24 am
Pro tan.... the shit you put on before you get on stage is a nasty mess it stains everything...so i might not where the yellow shirt lol...

Also make sure you dont get it on your finger nails!

oooh okk, got wat u mean now, no i wont, i will sport the animal some how tho, u know that, dude im soo stoked for this, i feel like no one, nothing will stand in my way!

Brutus_515
02-04-08, 11:55 am
oooh okk, got wat u mean now, no i wont, i will sport the animal some how tho, u know that, dude im soo stoked for this, i feel like no one, nothing will stand in my way!

Watch out now!!! you going to hit back with me tonight?...

liftthatshit08
02-04-08, 3:53 pm
This ache, this pain, its all around us, in our everyday lives. It keeps us honest, keeps us going, lets us know theres purpose here. I've felt it, lots of my other brothers have also. Its something that must be earned. Pain from the iron, the diet, the sacrifices, the girlfriend bein mad that u blew her off again... ya, thats the pain im talkin about, we are animals, and for this, it can be a lonely road to go down, many choose not to, if they feel they are becoming too "obsessed" with the game, they simply back off or quit all togethor. Me? i embrase it, its one those things in this world not many can say they've had the pleasure to feel. I feel it, everyday...thats what makes me who i am, and keeps me comin back for more. I am stuck, i have felt the pain, and i continue to do so, day after day......

Brutus_515
02-05-08, 9:15 am
This ache, this pain, its all around us, in our everyday lives. It keeps us honest, keeps us going, lets us know theres purpose here. I've felt it, lots of my other brothers have also. Its something that must be earned. Pain from the iron, the diet, the sacrifices, the girlfriend bein mad that u blew her off again... ya, thats the pain im talkin about, we are animals, and for this, it can be a lonely road to go down, many choose not to, if they feel they are becoming too "obsessed" with the game, they simply back off or quit all togethor. Me? i embrase it, its one those things in this world not many can say they've had the pleasure to feel. I feel it, everyday...thats what makes me who i am, and keeps me comin back for more. I am stuck, i have felt the pain, and i continue to do so, day after day......

Maybe with all that pain and ache you should go to the doctor and get it checked out!

waugie14
02-05-08, 9:59 am
Maybe with all that pain and ache you should go to the doctor and get it checked out!

ball buster

liftthatshit08
02-05-08, 12:09 pm
ball buster

haha, wow he did on that one,

liftthatshit08
02-05-08, 12:10 pm

i did! he told me theres nothin wrong with me! haha, scary isnt it?????

Brutus_515
02-05-08, 12:13 pm
probubly got that flu everyone in western Pa has....how you feeling by the way?...go check out "my journey" it has the back workout from yesterday...

liftthatshit08
02-05-08, 3:20 pm
i've been sick for like the past weekend, so fuckin frustrating lemme tell ya. I was fortunate enough today to be able to get my ass back in the gym this morning @ about 10. It wasnt easy. I thought about just sayin the hell with it, but in this sport, thats not an option, at least for me....after my class 8-9:20, i went to the break room to get a meal in, slammed down an Animal Stak and a shit load of water, and got my head screwed on straight, oh yea, it was on now......
Chest:
Flat Dumbell press: 4 sets x 12, 10, 10, 7 dropset 10 more
Incline Smith Machine Bench- 4 sets x 11, 10, 10, 8
Incline Flyes (i was feelin the stretch for sure here) 4 sets- 11, 10, 10, 8, dropset 8 more
Superset, Cable crossovers/Dips- 3 sets pyramiding- all out failure on last set

Not usually my kind of workout...being that my chest is a weak area im looking to improve, but none the less, it was a hard one...
Also a note on things....as i was doin my dumbell presses, i had noticed while i was resting, this guy walkin around the gym doin various excercises.....
i didnt really pay too much attention to him until bout my 3rd set of presses, where all the sudden outa no where im gettin some help with gettin those last few forced reps out.. guys lemme tell ya, not everyone the gym can be as they might seem. Thats a class act of a guy right there, comin outa no where to help out.... i just thot it was somethin. I will write again in the days to come....., leg day tomorrow
its gonna get ugly....

Brutus_515
02-05-08, 3:38 pm
Nice chest day man!....good shit!...what does your split/diet look like?

scals
02-05-08, 7:42 pm
when is this competition? I have one September 20th in Brooklyn.

liftthatshit08
02-06-08, 2:20 pm
Nice chest day man!....good shit!...what does your split/diet look like?
hell ya, it was sweet, killer pump too
umm the split is sorta like this
Monday- back or arms
Tuesday- legs
wednesday-Chest
Thursday- Off
Friday-Back or arms
Saturday-shoulders
....i really havent gotten my split down pat yet, i just try to make sure all the bodyparts fit into the week, i also go by how i feel, like monday, i def wasnt trainin cuz i was sick , so i just decided to do chest yestarday and my legs are gonna be tonight...i'll just play it by ear the rest of the week

as far as the diet goes...its just pretty striaght forward offseason type diet..
7:00 AM- 2 packets oatmeal/ couple eggs maybe toss in a white./Animalpak
9:40 AM- Real Gains shake w maybe like a handful of nuts
Noon- Any kind of fast digesting carbs i can get my hands on, if im trainin that day this is usually my preworkout meal, with an animal Stak
Post training (usually around 2)- 2 scoops of real gains, 2 packets oatmeal, pepsi
4:00 PM- usually like pasta ravioli or somethin of that nature
6:00 PM- Watever my mom ends up makin.. haha (usually is pretty bodybuilding friendly, fish/steak/ pork/ chicken etc..)
8:00 PM- on non training days its real gains shake... on training days, maybe a turkey sandwich or somethin...
9:00 PM- Handful of Nuts, water, and time for bed...thats similar to what it is everyday, the weekend is different, i dnt get as many meals as i listed there, cuz i usually get up late, but i still manage 5-6

liftthatshit08
02-06-08, 2:21 pm
when is this competition? I have one September 20th in Brooklyn.

yo dude, welcome to my journey, glad u stopped by...this competition is on the 6th of september...The OCB Mr/Ms. Steel City Naturals

Brutus_515
02-06-08, 2:24 pm
Come by the gym today if you get a chance!...We can get this fixed up...(and take the maybes out of your diet)...you need a bit more consistancy but you have a good foundation there......

MOVE YOUR REAL GAINS AROUND!!!...Pound a 4-5 scooper with 160z of milk right before bed...and you will wake up to pee...then pound another before you go back to the sack!!

ALSO you should get your shirt soon

and here
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10856&page=9

liftthatshit08
02-06-08, 2:33 pm
Come by the gym today if you get a chance!...We can get this fixed up...(and take the maybes out of your diet)...you need a bit more consistancy but you have a good foundation there......

MOVE YOUR REAL GAINS AROUND!!!...Pound a 4-5 scooper with 160z of milk right before bed...and you will wake up to pee...then pound another before you go back to the sack!!

ALSO you should get your shirt soon

and here
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10856&page=9

ok, i get what your sayin....i would come by the gym today, but im trainin legs tonight @ my friends house...i still have shoulders, back, and arms left to do this week (i dnt think im gonna get em all in cuz of skippin monday...and i dnt wanna end up overtrainin), but ya i got those bodyparts left to do, so i'll prob be out either friday or saturday i would think...

Brutus_515
02-06-08, 2:38 pm
ok, i get what your sayin....i would come by the gym today, but im trainin legs tonight @ my friends house...i still have shoulders, back, and arms left to do this week (i dnt think im gonna get em all in cuz of skippin monday...and i dnt wanna end up overtrainin), but ya i got those bodyparts left to do, so i'll prob be out either friday or saturday i would think...

Thats cool I got delts, traps and tris tonight...DONT WORRY ABOUT OVERTRAINING..your not hitting them that close i only get 5 day in between so you should be good to just plow them hard and often...and is there a reason why you only have specifc days you work cetain body parts?

liftthatshit08
02-06-08, 4:15 pm
Its leg day...need i say more? alot of guys dont train legs. If your not serious about this sport, most likely legs are just an afterthot...for me..right now they need attention, as they are a major weakpoint. i never used to train legs either, then i realized how bad they realy were, and got to work...now, i no longer fear leg day... i embrase it. every fucking week, it gets me going. As im sittin here typin this...i look @ the clock. 4:25 pm, im about an 1 hr and a half away from giving my legs the biggest fuckin trashing ever. Thats the way i see it.. every week i think wat i did before , and try to make it that much more brutal the week after. Week after week, eventually they will grow, they have no choice. From the brutal pounding that we all dealt them every week, they will respond. It takes a warrior with brutal determination to build 30 inch tree trunks, and wen u do that, it sets you apart from alot of the others...hell, thats why i started doin this shit in the first place, y would u wanna be like everybody else?,, like the gf always says "and i started conforming to society wen?", haha ya shes a stick of dynamite i'll tell ya that, its wat keeps me goin sometimes..., this is my leg day, this is the day where i go into my buddy's dark basement,throw some iron on my back and get to work....nobody sees me, its just me and the weight, pure concentration, hell, thats wat u need @ this stage of the game......

Brutus_515
02-07-08, 3:10 pm
how was the leg day?

liftthatshit08
02-07-08, 3:14 pm
how was the leg day?

killer man, i did another routine that i found on this site, one by G diesel actually, it was awesome, did shoulders today...got arms tomorrow.. and my fuckin real gains still isnt here, ordered it saturday, haha
oh btw, go my shirt yestarday, thanx

Brutus_515
02-07-08, 3:23 pm
Cool...

little rambo
02-08-08, 11:04 pm
Lookin good bro. From what I've read it looks like your from Ambridge, I'm from New Castle and a fellow gym rat myself. I was just wondering how old you were because I know one of my friends is going to be competing in this show as well.

liftthatshit08
02-10-08, 4:37 pm
Lookin good bro. From what I've read it looks like your from Ambridge, I'm from New Castle and a fellow gym rat myself. I was just wondering how old you were because I know one of my friends is going to be competing in this show as well.

yo thanks for stoppin by my jouney bro..im actually from around amberidge, hookstown actually which is like 15 or so miles from amberidge...im 19, wen i compete i'll be 20...
its gona be a hell of a ride on here, so stick around man..

little rambo
02-10-08, 7:23 pm
yo thanks for stoppin by my jouney bro..im actually from around amberidge, hookstown actually which is like 15 or so miles from amberidge...im 19, wen i compete i'll be 20...
its gona be a hell of a ride on here, so stick around man..

Good looks bro I'm 19 now myself. You should stop by my log. peace.

liftthatshit08
02-13-08, 3:29 pm
I've been thinking lately how tough this game is. Everything that we lifters havta do to keep holdin on, To keep from drowning. Its really hard sometimes. For me, i havta think about the end product, what im gonna make of myself at the end of this , if there even ever is an end. If i ever feel myself just getting the least bit unmotivated, i havta pick it back up. I dont wanna be unmotivated, i cant afford it. I've just begun. I still remember readin Machine's "Best of Diary of a madman" in AOM, about the Train hes on, the lifes road, "im gonna ride that bitch till the wheels come off", one of my favorite quotes ever. i'm on that same train right now, and its still not even close to my turn to get off. This life, this journey i've begun, i have something that has come my way, something that im chasing, and im not lettin go, ever......

Brutus_515
02-13-08, 3:43 pm
Hey man wanna hit some delts, traps and tris tonight?

liftthatshit08
02-13-08, 3:53 pm
Hey man wanna hit some delts, traps and tris tonight?

umm idk dude, i want to, but i cant keep spendin money like twice a week, im poor as it is, haha, i pay 5 bucks everytime i come in there, thats y i usually limit that to once per week for my back workout, i would join but its kinda far outa my way as far as school goes

Brutus_515
02-13-08, 4:13 pm
umm idk dude, i want to, but i cant keep spendin money like twice a week, im poor as it is, haha, i pay 5 bucks everytime i come in there, thats y i usually limit that to once per week for my back workout, i would join but its kinda far outa my way as far as school goes

Hey there crazy I work there I am pretty sure I can get you in for free

liftthatshit08
02-13-08, 5:17 pm
Hey there crazy I work there I am pretty sure I can get you in for free

ok , that sounds good dude, if u could do that i would appreciate that alot... prob not tonight tho, i think im doin legs tonight, chest and bi's 2morrow, and shoulders traps and tris sat... umm lemme know, i wanna train with u, lemme know wat u got monday, i'll prob come down

Brutus_515
02-13-08, 7:54 pm
cool just dont tell ron about it

liftthatshit08
02-19-08, 4:41 pm
had my back day yestarday. It was a good change up from wat i normally do. Turned this ones focus a little more toward thickness than nething else, and pulled more weight on all exercises than i ever had before. When it comes down to it, its all about the timing, i swear. I got my regular 2 packets oatmeal, milk and yogurt in about 45 mins b4 the workout, with an animalstak2 about 15 mins later, and then sippin some Speed Stack on the way there. This is how it went down....

T-bar rows on an incline- 2 warm up sets X 15-20 reps
4 working sets, working up to 3 plates for 8 reps
Lat Pulldowns- 3 sets X 12, 10, 10

Old School T-bar rows in Corner- 4 sets- Working up to 4 plates and a 5lb for 9 reps

Deads- 4 sets 10/8/6/2 reps....Starting with 155/225/275/315

Total Gym Pullovers- This was really cool, i've never tried pullovers on a total gym before, they really isolated my lats, got an intense stretch too. 2 sets 12, 12

That was it and i called it a night...
I've never pulled 315 for deads before...i stopped deadlifting probably in october or november cuz i wanted to get more to isolation movements and save my back ne problems, the last time that i did deads the highest i went was 280 for 5 reps,
last night was the first time i pulled that kinda weight before, the high that came outa that for me was unbelievable. I couldnt see nething around me, just the weight. This is wat this game's all about..movin weight, and gettin big, as so i continue on this road, this journey, and it just keeps goin.....

Brutus_515
02-20-08, 2:49 pm
carb load boss gets you all swoll and strong!

liftthatshit08
02-21-08, 5:43 pm
carb load boss gets you all swoll and strong!

well im lovin it dude, i have been hittin the carbs really hard lately...

scals
02-24-08, 9:54 pm
how's everything going with ya? Have you set a date for you to start dieting for the show? I'm starting in 2 weeks. Let the fun begin.

liftthatshit08
02-25-08, 2:22 pm
how's everything going with ya? Have you set a date for you to start dieting for the show? I'm starting in 2 weeks. Let the fun begin.

yo bro, thanks for stoppin by, the show's september 6th, so im thinkin i'll start the diet like maybe 2 and a half weeks into may. My metabolism is really fast, and i dnt tend to hold alot of body fat as it is so it shouldnt be too bad, wens ur show..

Brutus_515
02-25-08, 3:04 pm
hey you going to be lifting in hawaii?

scals
02-25-08, 4:12 pm
yo bro, thanks for stoppin by, the show's september 6th, so im thinkin i'll start the diet like maybe 2 and a half weeks into may. My metabolism is really fast, and i dnt tend to hold alot of body fat as it is so it shouldnt be too bad, wens ur show..

my show is september 20th. unfortunately i don't have that same luxury of being able to burn fat real quick so I wanted to give myself ample time to get in the best condition. I'm at 240 right now and wanna get down to the low 200s.

liftthatshit08
02-25-08, 6:14 pm
my show is september 20th. unfortunately i don't have that same luxury of being able to burn fat real quick so I wanted to give myself ample time to get in the best condition. I'm at 240 right now and wanna get down to the low 200s.

holy shit, thats awesome bro, how tall r u, 240 thats huge man, its not every day u come across dudes that big, you'll look awesome if u can bring that conditioning in, im only 170 right now, tryin to get up to 180-185 somewhere round that area, then like 165-170 for the show, idk how much fat i'll be carryin around at that point but if its as low as it is right now, i might be able to compete @ that level....

liftthatshit08
02-25-08, 6:17 pm
hey you going to be lifting in hawaii?

u know wat man i thot about it, but i dnt have that much money as it is, and im gonna havta by a few dollars worth of food b4 the plane ride there, so im thinkin prob not, i def would want to tho, maybe find a hardcore gym around honolulu somewhere to do a few training sessions, get up real early in the morning and go, thatd be kick ass, who knows..., im thinkin ill prob end up not doin it tho, so im gonna just go balls out completely until the trip, then i can just relax a lil on the beach for like 4 days, thn its back to work wen i get bak...

scals
02-25-08, 7:23 pm
holy shit, thats awesome bro, how tall r u, 240 thats huge man, its not every day u come across dudes that big, you'll look awesome if u can bring that conditioning in, im only 170 right now, tryin to get up to 180-185 somewhere round that area, then like 165-170 for the show, idk how much fat i'll be carryin around at that point but if its as low as it is right now, i might be able to compete @ that level....

I'm 5'11. Thanks bro, I have been busting my ass since August with this current bulk and I have put on a lot of quality muscle. There's no doubt that I gotta continue to bust my balls to get back down now. Keep eating and keep training and you'll get to 180-185 no problem.

liftthatshit08
02-26-08, 6:53 am
I'm 5'11. Thanks bro, I have been busting my ass since August with this current bulk and I have put on a lot of quality muscle. There's no doubt that I gotta continue to bust my balls to get back down now. Keep eating and keep training and you'll get to 180-185 no problem.

haha, yea eating everything and nething is the fun part, dieting is gonna suck, oh well, its one of those necessary evils to stand on stage (and stand out on stage), wat kinda show u doin, an NPC show or wat..

scals
02-26-08, 8:40 am
I'm doing a INBF show, the Naturalmania Nationals. Haven't decided about the division, either Novice or Open, or LightHeavyweight or Heavyweight.

liftthatshit08
02-27-08, 4:13 pm
the weathers been shit lately, had to stay indoors, not drive to the gym, attempt to train at home. This time of year usually doesnt bother me that much, its cold, its rough, its harder to warm up for a workout, but it builds character in even the most mellow of men. The gyms arent crowded cuz u dnt have people in there tryin to get there abs in for summer, the only people you usually see in the gym this time of year are the serious ones, the ones who wanna take this game past their own limits. This is what drives me, in the gym, in the kitchen, in my everyday life. Feeling the harsh cold on my face, knowing that i am one of the few out there that embrase the feeling of being unlike anybody else, to know i am driving myself for something more. I am so frustrated, i havta be in the gym, its where this obsession with the game overtakes me, and another person besides me steps up to the plate. Im talkin about wen u step into that place, ya know the place with all that heavy shit layin around...u know you belong, and your there to kick some ass and take names later, this is how i feel everytime i train, its a great feeling, wen all is said and done, its wat keeps me comin back for more...

waugie14
02-27-08, 5:22 pm
contest prep will be here before you know it

liftthatshit08
02-28-08, 8:59 pm
contest prep will be here before you know it

haha thanks for the lovely reminder bro, its gettin here too soon for me, im not heavy enough yet! haha

scals
03-03-08, 12:18 am
one more week of complete happiness until i have to buckle down and diet my ass off. enjoy the bulk time you go left. gonna set up a journey next saturday.

Brutus_515
03-04-08, 10:57 am
haha thanks for the lovely reminder bro, its gettin here too soon for me, im not heavy enough yet! haha

Eat more meat just start pounding it get ground beef and eat the shit out of it you need to get some shit on that you can peel off so you dont lose too much muscle...

I am not making fun of you but you have a metabolism of a 12 year old girl you just seem to burn food fast...no offense I wish i had it at times....and I would suggest you start prep alittle later than chaz or myself would for the show...we are fatter than you we need the 20-16 weeks you night need less...

I am not doing this show...a few people talked me out of it this weekend just to focus on the one on the 13th but if you need any help or advice hit me up

liftthatshit08
03-05-08, 1:22 pm
one more week of complete happiness until i have to buckle down and diet my ass off. enjoy the bulk time you go left. gonna set up a journey next saturday.

hell ya bro, u know i'll enjoy this, haha, its the fun part man, idk since im not prone to too much bodyfat, i'll prob start the diet @ like the end of may or very beginning of june, thats a 12 week diet, im thinkin thats the max i'll havta diet for if i play my cards right, and hell yea bro, lemme know wen u get ur journey up!..

liftthatshit08
03-05-08, 1:26 pm
Chest: i absolutly trashed my chest today... i needed this definitly, my chest needs attention, so i gave it just that...

warm up: 2-3 sets of Machine Bench presses
Incline Barbell Presses: 5 sets, 11, 9, 9, 8, 6 dropset...8 more
Machine Bench Presses 3 sets 12, 10, 10, dropset 8
Flat Dumbell Flyes: 3 sets 12, 12, 12
Cable Crossovers superset w Pushups on Stairs: 3 sets, 12, 12, 10
Pullovers 2 sets, 10, 10

k was def trashed and pumped outa my mind after this one, kept my focus the whole time and really killed it...

Brutus_515
03-05-08, 1:33 pm
Clear some room in your PM box

scals
03-10-08, 9:24 pm
Journey is up and running. Come along.

liftthatshit08
03-13-08, 11:59 am
Did back a few days ago, havent had a chance till now to get on here, between packin for hawaii, school, work etc. its beatin the hell outa me, but none the less i got a kick ass back workout in tuesday.....

Warm up- T bar incline- 2 sets 1 plate 15 reps
Workin Sets- 4 sets worked up to 3 plates for 6, then did a double drop set dropping down to just 1 45lb.

Cable Standing pullovers (wide grip) 3 sets, worked up to half the stack for 8, then dropped and did 8 more on the 3rd set

T bar rows in corner (now this shit gets to play with my head!) 2 plates X 15 reps, 3 platesX13, 4 platesX10, and finally 5 platesX6, had to sit down....

Pullups 2 setsX 8-10 reps
Finish with Deads-(overhand hook grip), tried to minimize the use of my straps here, went more for feel this time, rather than just movin weight....135X12 for 2 sets, 225 X8, 225 X6 drop weight to 135 and did 8 more, really felt this in my back but good.

Did a couple of calve giant sets, on the seated calf raise, on some stairs, reverse calf raises, and leg press calf raises...
called this one a day
time to eat and grow......

scals
03-14-08, 8:14 pm
Did back a few days ago, havent had a chance till now to get on here, between packin for hawaii, school, work etc. its beatin the hell outa me, but none the less i got a kick ass back workout in tuesday.....

Warm up- T bar incline- 2 sets 1 plate 15 reps
Workin Sets- 4 sets worked up to 3 plates for 6, then did a double drop set dropping down to just 1 45lb.

Cable Standing pullovers (wide grip) 3 sets, worked up to half the stack for 8, then dropped and did 8 more on the 3rd set

T bar rows in corner (now this shit gets to play with my head!) 2 plates X 15 reps, 3 platesX13, 4 platesX10, and finally 5 platesX6, had to sit down....

Pullups 2 setsX 8-10 reps
Finish with Deads-(overhand hook grip), tried to minimize the use of my straps here, went more for feel this time, rather than just movin weight....135X12 for 2 sets, 225 X8, 225 X6 drop weight to 135 and did 8 more, really felt this in my back but good.

Did a couple of calve giant sets, on the seated calf raise, on some stairs, reverse calf raises, and leg press calf raises...
called this one a day
time to eat and grow......

Nice job brother. I'm doing the same thing with the minimization of straps.

liftthatshit08
03-22-08, 7:55 pm
Nice job brother. I'm doing the same thing with the minimization of straps.

yea, i heard it'll make ur forearms blow up, so im tryin it out on alot of new stuff...

liftthatshit08
03-22-08, 8:08 pm
Just back from a long week vacation in hawaii..its so nice over there i'll tell ya that....relaxin on that beach was just wat i needed, im ready to hit my trainin with absolute full force. While on this vacation i was fortunate to visit The memorial of Pearl Harbor. This is probably the most erie feeling i will ever have in my life. Soldiars that faught and died for our country, i can never think of something greater. These things in life we take for granted, our training, being able to get up in the morning and do what we wanna do, train hard, eat right, its all part of this life we all lead. These guys made it possible. I havta say that i am as a person in debt to what i owe all the soldiars in america who have ever faught and died for this country. This is wat its all about brothers, we owe these guys gratitude.....for that the rest of this.. My Journey is sincerely dedicated to those who have served and bled for this country, and those who continue to do so.......

Brutus_515
03-22-08, 8:10 pm
glad you had a good vacation now you have to knock the cob webbs loose and hit that shit!

scals
03-23-08, 12:02 am
Back to business! Hope ya had a great time in Hawaii, I'm definitely a little jealous.

liftthatshit08
03-23-08, 2:36 am
Back to business! Hope ya had a great time in Hawaii, I'm definitely a little jealous.

yea, everyone i know is, and u guys got reason to, lol, it was freakin sweet over there, high 80's all week long! haha. oh yea bro, its def on now, nothing is gonna stop me on this journey! lol

liftthatshit08
03-23-08, 2:40 am
glad you had a good vacation now you have to knock the cob webbs loose and hit that shit!

hell yea man, i got the itch again!!! im in the process of lightin a fuckin bon fire under my ass again, lol, tryin to get my offseason nutrition back on track after that week, haha, gettin used to the pasta, patatoes and real gains, rather than ice cream, cheese cake and milk shakes, lol, hey man me and my friends were thinkin of comin out to the source monday, u gonna be hittin up, if so, its the 3 of us, i was thinkin they could train, and i could hit up watever bodypart ur down with, hit me up and lemme know bro!
peace

Brutus_515
03-24-08, 5:54 am
hell yea man, i got the itch again!!! im in the process of lightin a fuckin bon fire under my ass again, lol, tryin to get my offseason nutrition back on track after that week, haha, gettin used to the pasta, patatoes and real gains, rather than ice cream, cheese cake and milk shakes, lol, hey man me and my friends were thinkin of comin out to the source monday, u gonna be hittin up, if so, its the 3 of us, i was thinkin they could train, and i could hit up watever bodypart ur down with, hit me up and lemme know bro!
peace

I got legs man..or back...dunno yet I am working midnights for the next few days so as long as it isnt real late

liftthatshit08
03-26-08, 1:05 pm
did arms today, wanted to really get back into the swing of things, so i grabbed a rockstar, threw down an animal stak, and headed to the Source Gym. Wanted to try more free weights this time,, i get the feeling i've been relying a lil too much on machines, it was time to get old school.....

Started with tri's first..i feel i get a much better pump this way, and i was right....second set i was blown up already...

Pushdowns: 2 warmups/ 4 worksets working up to 125, then dropping a plate, and doin 8 more

Incline overhead dumbell extentions 3 sets: pyrymiding from 12 reps..loved the stretch in my tris here

Dips: 2 sets with regular bodyweight, then strapped on 5 lbs for the last set, hit total failure, and attempted 6 more....got to 4, lol

one arm cable extentions: did these more for contraction and feel.....3 sets

overhead one arm dumbell extentions- pyramiding from 12 reps.

Biceps:

warmed em up while doin my tri's just curling the bar for like 12 or so reps
Barbell Curls: 12, 10, 10, 6, ended up having a 25 on each end, cheated on a couple reps, all other sets were strict.

Preachers w straight bar/supersetted with, behind the back wrist curls: 3 sets, my forearms were blown the fuck up..

Cable Curls (close grip), need some work on the outer head of the biceps so i took a close grip for 3 sets.

Hammers: 3 sets tried to keep good form on these, that pretty much went out the window on my 3rd set.

so thats arms done: the fire's lit again, and i got the itch, it felt good

scals
03-26-08, 1:30 pm
lookin good brother. keep it up.

Brutus_515
03-26-08, 1:32 pm
did arms today, wanted to really get back into the swing of things, so i grabbed a rockstar, threw down an animal stak, and headed to the Source Gym. Wanted to try more free weights this time,, i get the feeling i've been relying a lil too much on machines, it was time to get old school.....

Started with tri's first..i feel i get a much better pump this way, and i was right....second set i was blown up already...

Pushdowns: 2 warmups/ 4 worksets working up to 125, then dropping a plate, and doin 8 more

Incline overhead dumbell extentions 3 sets: pyrymiding from 12 reps..loved the stretch in my tris here

Dips: 2 sets with regular bodyweight, then strapped on 5 lbs for the last set, hit total failure, and attempted 6 more....got to 4, lol

one arm cable extentions: did these more for contraction and feel.....3 sets

overhead one arm dumbell extentions- pyramiding from 12 reps.

Biceps:

warmed em up while doin my tri's just curling the bar for like 12 or so reps
Barbell Curls: 12, 10, 10, 6, ended up having a 25 on each end, cheated on a couple reps, all other sets were strict.

Preachers w straight bar/supersetted with, behind the back wrist curls: 3 sets, my forearms were blown the fuck up..

Cable Curls (close grip), need some work on the outer head of the biceps so i took a close grip for 3 sets.

Hammers: 3 sets tried to keep good form on these, that pretty much went out the window on my 3rd set.

so thats arms done: the fire's lit again, and i got the itch, it felt good

Yikes!...you should come down tonight for a good old fashion leg day!

liftthatshit08
03-26-08, 2:40 pm
Yikes!...you should come down tonight for a good old fashion leg day!

dam it!!!!! i gotta work man,,,, fuck, i swear im gettin a time wen im not busy, and we'll slaughter either legs or back, lol, speakin of which, wat r u trainin @ the ABC on saturday....i was thinkin either savin delts, or back for that day,,,but lemme know, maybe me u and chaz can train or watever...i know u might have a few dudes u are trainin with already so lemme know..

Brutus_515
03-26-08, 3:06 pm
I am doing arms I think

liftthatshit08
03-26-08, 3:35 pm
I am doing arms I think

k man, well im free tomorrow, lemme know if u wanna hit up later this week, i think i def gotta do legs either 2morrow or friday, depending, was gonna do wheels today, but u saw how that worked out, lol, well u got my # now so hit me up
peace

Brutus_515
03-26-08, 3:36 pm
k man, well im free tomorrow, lemme know if u wanna hit up later this week, i think i def gotta do legs either 2morrow or friday, depending, was gonna do wheels today, but u saw how that worked out, lol, well u got my # now so hit me up
peace

text me again I erased and didnt save your number

liftthatshit08
03-27-08, 10:30 pm
text me again I erased and didnt save your number

i'll prob just give u my # sat...i havta go get new phone 2morrow...it keeps shuttin off on me, had it a while, so its bout time to upgrade haha

liftthatshit08
03-27-08, 10:38 pm
Had my chest day today, got the carbs in just perfect, let that shit digest for about 45 mins, took a stak, another rockstar, and here we go again.....

Blood flow-- 3 sets of pretty light cable cross overs

Flat dumbell press- 5 sets- 30lbsx12, 45 lbs X12, 55 lbs X11, 60 lbs X 8 and another 60X8 (those 60's felt pretty heavy, im not sure y...)

Incline Smith Machine Press- 3 sets- 11, 10, 8, dropset another 6

Decline Barbell press superset w/ Dips- 3 sets- 12, 10, got 8 on the press and 9 on the dip, pumped like no other right here.....

Incline pushups on a barbell- 2 sets of 12,and 12

Finish w cable crossovers- 3 sets- 30-40-50, dropset- to 30 and 10 more....

that finished off chest for today, it was pretty fried...did a few poses in the mirror, looked pretty good, need to work on some lat width, and more overall chest thickness and biceps peak, but besides that...im just tryin to hit my stride, as i wrap up my offseason bulk, end of may or junish, depending...

overall good workout, no complaints....

scals
03-27-08, 10:57 pm
Had my chest day today, got the carbs in just perfect, let that shit digest for about 45 mins, took a stak, another rockstar, and here we go again.....

Blood flow-- 3 sets of pretty light cable cross overs

Flat dumbell press- 5 sets- 30lbsx12, 45 lbs X12, 55 lbs X11, 60 lbs X 8 and another 60X8 (those 60's felt pretty heavy, im not sure y...)

Incline Smith Machine Press- 3 sets- 11, 10, 8, dropset another 6

Decline Barbell press superset w/ Dips- 3 sets- 12, 10, got 8 on the press and 9 on the dip, pumped like no other right here.....

Incline pushups on a barbell- 2 sets of 12,and 12

Finish w cable crossovers- 3 sets- 30-40-50, dropset- to 30 and 10 more....

that finished off chest for today, it was pretty fried...did a few poses in the mirror, looked pretty good, need to work on some lat width, and more overall chest thickness and biceps peak, but besides that...im just tryin to hit my stride, as i wrap up my offseason bulk, end of may or junish, depending...

overall good workout, no complaints....

Looking pretty solid today. I bet supersetting decline and dips was quite enjoyable. Keep it up bro.

mxstang
03-28-08, 12:39 am
yo shaffer, i never did get that animal shirt i was so eagerly waiting for! haha, i see jess is sportin' his in all his pics, kinda jealous bro. jess, keep up the ball-bustin work...you're doing an awesome job dude. think we can hit in a few sessions when i come back in may, u know, a few days before i have to leave again? lol

kick ass workouts dude, keep it up.

ps. "mxstang, total posts: 5"
lmao, sorry guys...i'll try to make it on here more often!

liftthatshit08
03-28-08, 12:43 pm
Looking pretty solid today. I bet supersetting decline and dips was quite enjoyable. Keep it up bro.

oh u have no idea man, but the pump was unbelievable, dips always get me jacked, add declines to that, holy shit man, lol

liftthatshit08
03-28-08, 12:48 pm
yo shaffer, i never did get that animal shirt i was so eagerly waiting for! haha, i see jess is sportin' his in all his pics, kinda jealous bro. jess, keep up the ball-bustin work...you're doing an awesome job dude. think we can hit in a few sessions when i come back in may, u know, a few days before i have to leave again? lol

yea dude, 5, movin up in the world man!!!! haha. dude u have no idea how bad i wanna hit up with u again...."Me (after a set of hack squats): ""FUCK!", Mxstang, "Dropset!, we got fuckin work to do, this aint no game!!" haha good, wonderful, beautiful memories man, wont ever forget......

Brutus_515
03-28-08, 2:06 pm

send me you info you you have....do it again

liftthatshit08
04-08-08, 6:18 pm
so i just got back to training legs after a couple of weeks not doin em...school, work, the vacation, some things just got in the way, but all excuses aside, this is wat i blasted them with today...

4 warm up sets of leg extensions 20 reps
Front Squats on Smith Machine- 5 X 15,12,10,8,6 worked up to a 45 and 5 on each side
Leg press (heres where it gets fun), worked up to 5 plates and a 10 a side (which was my 5th set) turned it up a notch and stripped a plate till the press was down to 1 plate and repped out til i had nothin left...

Leg extentions- 1 set Started with maximum working poundage until failure, and just kept strippin the stack till there was only 40 lbs on that bitch...could barely walk wen i got off the machine...

Lying leg curl superset w/ stiff legged deads- 3 sets 20, 15, 12, on final set of curls i did a double drop set to really burn the hell outa the hams..

stationary lunges with dumbells- 25 lbs for 2 sets of 12 reps, then 30lbs for 1 set of 10
did some stretching and kinda hobbled my ass outa the gym,,,overall a very successful leg session in my opinion...

any comments or suggestions about this routine is appreciated
im tryin to get on more to update more often
peace guys

scals
04-08-08, 6:52 pm
solid work brother

liftthatshit08
04-08-08, 8:10 pm
solid work brother

thanx bro, hows the cut goin...

scals
04-08-08, 8:37 pm
thanx bro, hows the cut goin...

Down 15.5 pounds. Diets still going pretty strong so I'm happy.

liftthatshit08
04-11-08, 10:22 am
Did my chest yestarday, gotta say the pump was pretty good, if i could get chest size to the size its at during my pump, i'd be pretty happy..none the less, had class yestarday morning from 8-9:20 so i got done with that, went in the break room, pounded down some (plain) oatmeal (thanks shaffer lol), and a banana, hit a stak and i was ready for the weights, on the way to the gym i always put on some music that some ppl would think im fuckin outa my mind for listenin to...killswitch engage..as i lay dying ateyu, etc...by the time i got there i was jacked,,, heres how it went down......

Warm up cable crossovers just a few feel sets to get the chest ready for this shit...
flat dumbell press, 4 sets, went up to 65's for 6 solid reps and dropped the weight and pounded out 10 more..

Incline Smith Machine Press- 3 sets: last set was a drop,,8 more, (gettin pumped)
Dips superset w/ incline flyes: 3 sets 10-12 reps ....pumped as all get out here
finish w cable crossovers- 3 sets went up 60 lbs on each stack...

now for bi's
it wasnt wat'd i'd call a crazy routine, but def beginning to experiment on how my body responds to some low volume stuff

Bi's
EZ bar curl with a closer grip 3 sets 8-12 reps....i really wanna bring out the outer head of my biceps and get that freaky look in em,,,so hope this helps

One arm dumbell preacher curl: 3 sets 10-12 reps

Preacher curl machine with the handles turned inward for strict hammer curls: 8-12 reps, dropped weight on last one and pounded out 8 more just for shits and giggles...well that was it for that....everything was pumped, went through my mandatories, everything looked pretty descent so im just gonna keep rollin! ne comments or suggestions are appreciated
peace bro's
-jess

scals
04-11-08, 10:45 am
Looks like a very solid session. I love me some killswitch engaged too.

liftthatshit08
04-11-08, 12:24 pm
Looks like a very solid session. I love me some killswitch engaged too.

oh hell ya brother,,,specially my curse and their rendition of holy diver, that gets me jacked!
alot of shadows fall and trivium is good too..

mxstang
04-12-08, 4:19 am
Yo bro, how's all flyin back home? Lookin forward to some hard-ass sessions come may. keep up the kick ass work. Only 5 months left dude! KICK THAT ASS IN GEAR!

haha,
later bro.

liftthatshit08
04-12-08, 3:12 pm
today im feelin really like bummed....well prob pissed off is more like it, i feel like everything is remaining stagnent, my weight, my workouts, everything.......wen i hit a feeling like this and a place in my world that i cant get past...i gotta dig deep and look inside myself to see wat im gonna do to put my ass back on the straight and narrow...thats the thing...sometimes you can be handed stuff in life, get lucky and win the lottery, get handed money or such wen u r young...wen u are a bodybuilder...u get handed nothing, u earn what u get every step of the way. i take none of this for granted and i busted my ass for wat i have right now, but its not enough, and the only person who can change that is me...."you are your maker", that has to be one of the best sayings i've ever heard in my life...i thank The House for that..and the great thing about that is, it doesnt even need to pertain to bodybuilding, nething u do in life, anywhere u go, anything you accomplish, 90 percent of the time, its because u made it happen. I am my maker, this is my journey, and i will succeed....

liftthatshit08
04-14-08, 8:27 pm
today was shoulders and tri's, played around with my pre workout meal, and it seems i had alot more energy and stamina, not to mention intensity.....ate a pb and j sandwich on italian bread, as to get the fast digesting carbs, and combined that with a bowl of oats, seems i had best of both worlds, energy spike, and the slow sustained energy, because i knew this would be a long workout....even had enough energy at the end for some cardio for about 15 mins...heres how it went...

light warm up laterals...
bent over laterals, 3sets up to 35 lbs my rear delts are lagging so i used one exercise to start the delt routine off..
smith military presses- 3 sets up to 45 and 25 per side, for 5 reps, then dropped it to a plate per side, and did 8.

Machine presses- double drops for 3 sets., i was gettin killed by this..

Up the rack side laterals...20 X5, 25 X5 30X5, 3 sets like that...gettin pumped...
Back to machine presses..put a different spin on these...2 sets of 10 and an isometric hold bout 3 inches from droppin the weight..

Reverse pec deck laterals- 3 sets triple drops...each set...not sure wat weight i started at

Triceps-

one arm seated extentions- 20 X12 25X12 30X10
reverse grip pushdowns- worked up to 3 quarters of the stack for 8 reps
Dips- 3 sets 12/10/9
Kick backs to the side of my body 3 sets superset with cable kick backs to hit the angles. 3 sets...
hit about 15 mins on the stepper and i called it a day..

did a lil more pressing than i wanted to on delts, but that combined with the dropsets and the isometric holds im hopin is just wat i needed to shock my shoulders back into growth to add more width and to bring out the rear head of my delts....
ne suggestions or comments is appreciated
peace
-jess

liftthatshit08
04-17-08, 6:11 pm
switched up regimen in hopes that wil start to add new mass to my physique, trained tri's with shoulders monday, and hit back with traps today, traps is a major area of concern for me, it will def be critical to completing the two mandatory back poses for me....so heres how this back day went down....kick ass routine....

Machine pullups- warm up 15
then went full force with alternate grips on each one, for 8-12 reps for 3 work sets

reverse grip pulldowns (need to pop those lower lats) 3 sets, 15, 12, 12 dropset 10

Reverse grip barbell rows (these bout murdered me...) 3 sets 12, 12, 10, 10

This is where it gets tough....

Dumbell pullovers across a bench superset w/ seated cable rows, 3 sets,(full stretch) didnt even count reps..

Hammer Strength Pull downs 2 plates a side, 3 sets, 12/10/10 dropset 1 plate 10 more

finally jay cutler rows, hes the only dude i ever saw do the rows with a rope standing and pullin it into his chest, and i dnt know wat to call it haha, so that was 3 sets 10-15 reps

TRAPS

3 giant sets, barbell shrugs on smith machine-12 close, medium, wide, and behind the back and for the last two sets those were 10 reps and then 8 reps, got these from house at the first ABC, they wooped my ass good

did a few things for calves and was ready for food! so that was it for today, another day another dollar, money well spent in my book...

if u guys got any suggestions or comments feel free to hit me up
peace
-jess

scals
04-17-08, 6:18 pm
Real solid back day brother. Keep pushing and those lower lats will pop.

liftthatshit08
04-17-08, 6:28 pm
Real solid back day brother. Keep pushing and those lower lats will pop.

yea im def lookin to create that real "wide as a doorway illusion", i think the lower lats comin out wil help me do that....thanks for the encouragement.....congrats on ur job man thats awesome, im sure the money will come in handy for the supps and beef! haha

scals
04-17-08, 9:24 pm
yea im def lookin to create that real "wide as a doorway illusion", i think the lower lats comin out wil help me do that....thanks for the encouragement.....congrats on ur job man thats awesome, im sure the money will come in handy for the supps and beef! haha

Haha. I sure hope it does. Thank you.

mxstang
04-29-08, 2:51 pm
sounds like you've been abusing the iron well enough, my friend. keep that shit up brother.

peace bro.

liftthatshit08
02-17-09, 9:46 am
it is now february of 2009,,last yr was a productive yr, i didnt really count up everything as far as bodyweight goes and wat not, but last yr i was around 160-165 now im hoverin around 180-185...ended up realizin last yr that i wasnt gona b able to do the show...it was comin quick..and i wasnt even done bulkin yet,,all excuses aside,,, i think this is my yr...bodyweights from 180-185...im preparing for the same show that i thot about doin last yr...the steel city naturals, its in september again, which gives me ample time to put on the mass...if i do an 8-10 week diet which i think is ideal for my body given my fat content...i still have about 3 1/2 months of my offseason left to train heavy n eat big...once again brothers i start this journey, i hope to end on stage and successful, stop by for the ride, once again, im gona tear it down...

liftthatshit08
02-17-09, 9:55 am
figured id add the latest workout in here that ive done,,monday was legs gotta add the mass....

5 mins on the stair stepper (flush the blood, its cold out, dnt wana get injured)

legs extensions 3 warm up sets X 20 reps

leg presses..started w 2 plates a side for warm up of 20 reps
then work sets...4 sets worked up to 9 plates a side for 6 reps, dropped to 4 plates a side pounded out 15 more reps

leg curls- 5 sets 8-15 slow reps dropped on the last set to pound out 10 more

front squats on a smith machine- 5 sets 6-12 reps

stiff legged deads- 4 sets 10-15 reps

overall a good training session, not wat u would call insanity but got the job done for today, next week for legs i plan on turnin it up, and gettin crazy, not sure how yet, but ill find a way...

liftthatshit08
02-17-09, 9:58 am
was planning on doin some chest tonight, but seein how my triceps r still a lil bushed from the arm workout on sunday (craziest pump ever),,with one of my best training partners and lifelong friends shaun..think i might hit some back tongiht, if nebody wants to give me a kick ass back routine, im open to ideas, was lookin to change it up a lil bit so ne suggestions would b appreciated...gona hit this one with full force...

scals
02-17-09, 5:38 pm
That was a nice leg workout man.

liftthatshit08
02-18-09, 9:35 am
That was a nice leg workout man.

thanx bro, howd ur show end up goin...

liftthatshit08
02-18-09, 9:45 am
Chest: Got to the gym late last night about 7,,,cuz of work...worse time ever to go to my gym..packed as all hell, was rediculous..i still managed. hit the stepper for 10 mins then got to business..heres wat went down...

flat bench (smith machine): dnt wana hurt my shoulders plus it just feels better...4 sets 6-12 reps,,,drop set on last set to 8 more reps

incline dumbell presses- 4 sets 4-12 reps,,,got 75's for 4 clean reps (wana hit 80's next time around)

incline dumbell flye- 4 sets 6-12- worked up to 60's for 6

flat bench machine- 3 sets-10,8, 7/dropset 8

cross bench dumbell pullovers- 3 sets 10-12,,45,55, 55

threw in 3 sets of triple dropsets on the rear dealt machine n called it a night
good pump overall,,felt good all workout..did some posing and was spent..went home ate some chicken n patatoes n hit the hay...
ne comments, suggestions, or questions r appreciated
got back on thursday
peace bro's

liftthatshit08
02-21-09, 11:38 pm
had to stay away from the gym a few days startin to snow again here in westarn pa, pisses me off beyond belief...yestarday was my back day...i was comin at this one with unbelievable force... from wat i remember this is how it went...

Stepper-10 mins

Reverse grip pulldowns- warm up 2 sets// then 4 sets /10/8/8/6 worked up to 210 then dropped weight to 120 switched my grip to front medium grip, n did another 6 strict reps,,lats were poppin already...

dumbell rows- 100 lb dumbell for 3 sets-10/8/8 strict reps pulled it right into my chest nice n slow contraction...

pullups- 4 sets/ 2 sets neutral grip 2 sets wide grip 8 reps all sets/ last set was a wide grip,,at failure threw in 2 negatives.

Tbar rows in corner (was startin to get fried) 4 sets 2platesX15 3 plates X 12 4 platesX 8 twice... was gona throw on more weight, but was startin to get drained n knew the form would go in the shitter.

Incline dumbell rows- 3 sets 11/10/8 worked up to 50's gota pop those lower lats..

row machine (for lack of knowin wat the dam things called)-3 sets X 10/10/ 6

Jay cutler rows- i attach a rope handle to a high pulley stand bak and pull my elbows back n pull my hands into my high lats...call em jay cutler rows cuz ive never seen neone else do em...4 sets 15/12/10/10....threw in the towel

overall good workout started to get drained wen i started the tbar rows but got a second wind around the 2nd set of my incline rows...tough one, focused alot on the thickness movements..we'll c if it helps..

feedback, comments, questions r welcome.

liftthatshit08
02-21-09, 11:45 pm
worked from noon till 7 today, it was about 8 by the time i got to the gym, pretty empty,, which always puts a smile on my face, its exciting to kno u dnt havta wait for stuff, n have the freedom to hit the stuff u wana hit..

almost the same arm routine that u find in the Animal Owners Manual...i liked that arm routine so much...so i do it alot...plus i get a killer pump from it...the whole workout is a superset one so i kno its guaranteed to jack my arms....

straight bar push down ss/ ez bar curls- 2 warm ups of 15..then 4 sets 12/10/10/8, last set of 8 drop weight n did 8 more.

close grip bench press ss/ machine preacher curls- 3 sets- 10/10/8 last set of 8 did a double drop set...gettin really pumped...

machine dips ss/ standing dumbell curls (supposed to b seated but i like the standing version so much better, not that i cheat the movement just feels better) 12/10/8...through in 2 sets of standing high cable curls n called it a night,,,good workout, arms were jacked wen i left....did some posing..looked good, went home, took creatine, ate some pork n potatoes n im done for the day..peace bros..

scals
02-22-09, 8:00 pm
thanx bro, howd ur show end up goin...

Missed it. Got sick and all off. New one set for 8.29.09, OCB Mid Atlantic.

Past 3 workouts have been looking solid too bro.

liftthatshit08
02-22-09, 8:54 pm
Missed it. Got sick and all off. New one set for 8.29.09, OCB Mid Atlantic.

Past 3 workouts have been looking solid too bro.

dude thats harsh,,u put in all that time, n then somethin like that comes along n fucks it over...good luck this yr bro, ill b followin ur journey till august im sure...n thanks ive been tryin to stick with the heavy basics in hopes itll add the mass,,i wana get to around 190-195 b4 dieting (a new goal from last yr) so we'll c wat happens, right around 182 right now n lookin solid so im hopin i wont havta loose too much weight

liftthatshit08
02-22-09, 8:59 pm
Sunday: today was an off day,,just stayed home, was sore, recuperated, ate, recovered, end of story...lookin to hit some delts tomorrow since this weeks schedule got thrown off from the snow. gota get rollin again....

liftthatshit08
02-25-09, 9:21 am
It was tuesday so i decided to hit chest, hopin that everyone else got their chest shit outa the way on monday..this is how i did it

smith machine flat bench- 15* 12/10/8/8/6 gettin pumped

incline dumbell presses- didnt even touch the 75's today, idk wats wrong here...3 sets 10/8/6

incline machine presses- 3 sets 12/10/6 dropset 8

incline flyes- 3 sets 12/8/6 worked up to 60's for 6

cable cross over- 2 sets 12/10 perfect form

rear delt machine- 2 sets triple drop sets- 120/105/90/75 was hurtin at this point...pumped tho..

idk wat went on in this workout...felt really weak, pump wasnt that great just a plain stale workout, im gona see if i cant change it up on back day today n get it back togethor...

scals
02-25-09, 10:00 am
dude thats harsh,,u put in all that time, n then somethin like that comes along n fucks it over...good luck this yr bro, ill b followin ur journey till august im sure...n thanks ive been tryin to stick with the heavy basics in hopes itll add the mass,,i wana get to around 190-195 b4 dieting (a new goal from last yr) so we'll c wat happens, right around 182 right now n lookin solid so im hopin i wont havta loose too much weight

It sucked but it might have been a blessing. I put on a lot more muscle then I would have brought into that show.

Thats a solid goal. I'm pretty much done packing on the size. I start dieting 3/9. At 234-236 right now. Just gonna diet down to the best condition.

liftthatshit08
02-25-09, 1:39 pm
It sucked but it might have been a blessing. I put on a lot more muscle then I would have brought into that show.

Thats a solid goal. I'm pretty much done packing on the size. I start dieting 3/9. At 234-236 right now. Just gonna diet down to the best condition.

wat to go bro, glad to see ur hittin it hard again...thats one thing about this...u get frusterated but it makes u come bak stronger..

liftthatshit08
07-06-09, 9:58 pm
hey ther everyone, im bak, shaffer made his big comebak on the forum so i figured itd be the "cool" thing to do..lol....so neways, for the past couple months been training hard, getting mentally prepared for this diet in a week, gettin ready for my first natty show in sept....for a while ther i dropped off the map, wasnt eatin right, training was shit, but took a vacation to south carolina myrtle beach for 3 whole days, no cell phones, no training, just good food, great weather, and drinks. So now im back, and feeling really great after the layoff. Im about 8 1/2 weeks out right now, at about 185, w about 6-8% bodyfat. I start my diet this sunday,,,its gonna be a long ride, im lookin forward to the end result of standing under the bright lights and showing what ive built over the last 3 yrs w nothin but my own two hands and determination. RIght now im in the process of cleanin up my diet. Cuttin out bread, no fast food, no booze, just lots of steak, rice, oatmeal, protien shakes, and eggs..,...fun right? haha also starting into my cardio,,,im gona start with 2 times a week, after training sessions, about 20-30 mins on the stepper or elliptical. Ill c how it goes, with my body type it is easy for me to loose fat, so im gonna c how the diet and cardio goes and adjust accordingly. as for my diet which starts soon it will look similar to this.....

Meal 1- 6 oz fish- 1 cup oatmeal (multivitamin, aminos)

Meal 2- 2 lean ground beef patties or 10oz chicken breast w 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 3- (pre training)- syntha 6 protien shake mixed with water, 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 4 (post training)- syntha 6 protien shake mixed in water- 1/2 hr later (repeat meal 2)

Meal 5- 6 egg whites/ 1/2 cup brown rice

Supps: multivitamin, Amino 1800 BCAA, Cell Mass Creatine, Syntha 6 whey protien powder

This will stay this way up until about 1 week out from the show, at this time, ill switch to all foods and drop the shakes.

This is wat im lookin at, hopefully itll carry me to where i wanna be
until next time
peace bros
-jess

liftthatshit08
07-09-09, 9:04 pm
Put on a weight vest and started out runnin the bleachers at my old high school, hopefully it'll bring out the hams n glutes a lil more....did 20 sets, (once up and down is 1 set..)

then went over tims for the big show

2 sets leg extensions-

squats ss/ leg press- 4 sets- 4-15 reps worked up to 325 leg press 5-6 plates

Hack Squats- 4 sets different foot positions- worked up to 4 plates per side, then turned around to face the pad while tim took off two plates, drop set to 12 more.

free standing box squats w 25lb plate- 3 sets all out- 12-20 reps...

HAms

stiff legs ss/ w lying leg curls- 8-12 reps

some posing and done

peace guys

liftthatshit08
07-09-09, 9:14 pm
read a little bit about FST-7 Training before going to the gym today, not sure if i performed the workout exactly the right way, but i think i got the general idea...great work out

incline hammar strengh presses for warm up- 2 sets

Then the heavy training-

Incline dumbell presses- 4 sets 6-8 reps

incline dumbell flyes- 4 sets 6-8 reps (full stretch) worked up to 60's

hammar strength flat bench press- 3 sets 6-8 reps... 2 and a quarter plates

pec deck machine- 7 sets- 8-12 reps full stretch good form---

did some posing- real pumped looked very full all around

calves-
calve machine- 4 sets 10-15 reps

seated calve raise machine- 7 sets 10 reps

20 mins cardio on the eliptical

protien shake
creatine shake
rice and tuna
done

tough workout, back tomorrow hope to test out some new reps and set schemes
we'll c
peace bros

liftthatshit08
07-12-09, 8:59 pm
Addin the width and thickness of a great back, is no easy task heres wat i did...

Pullups- unweighted, if done right, i really dnt feel u need weight on these...

reverse grip barbell rows- 4 sets 12-6 reps

one arm row machine- 4 sets worked up to 4 plates a side 12- 6 reps

t bar rows- 3 sets- 3, 4, 4 and a quarter plates- 12-8 reps

close grip pull downs super set w hammer strength pulldowns, 2 sets 12-8 reps

pullover machine- 7 sets 8-10 reps

i was fried, end of story....

liftthatshit08
07-14-09, 11:20 pm
warm up-machine presses..

smith presses- 4 sets- 12,10, 8, 6

dumbell front raises- 4 sets...10,10, 8, 8

hammer strength presses- 4 sets, 10,10, 8, 8

Side lateral raises_ nice n slow- 7 sets, 10,10,10,8,8,8,8

Rear Delts
this is a major weak point for me, and its key to making certain poses 'pop'

Bent over laterals- 4 sets worked up to 40 lb dumbells..for 8

reverse pec deck flyes- 7 sets, this is where it realy got tough, 12,10,10,10,8,8,8

real good pump overall
hopin to really cap my delts with this routine, and the 7 sets at the end..
peace guys

liftthatshit08
07-14-09, 11:25 pm
warm up-pushdowns

tricep pushdowns- half the stack, 10,10,10,8 drop set...10 more

close grip bench presses w an ez bar ss/ straight barbell curls...4 sets...10,10, 8 8

bench dips (worked up to 3 plates on my lap) ss/ rope cable curls- 4 sets, 12,12,10,10

dumbell lying tricep extensions ss/ preacher curls- 6 sets for the extensions, 4 sets for curls

after the curls did 1 set of 21's

killer pump at the end of this one...great workout overall

i still have a long way to go...