PDA

View Full Version : Harrisburg Animals

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 8:44 am
Any interest?

Brother G. Whats up bro? I have a question about setting up an ABC in PA.

I believe my gym may be an OK place for a meet. I don't know of any other ones in the area that are "Hardcore" and although I would classify New York Fitness as Hardcore I do believe it may fit the need.

They have dumbbells up to 140 which I know wont be too popular but they do have a complete set of both kind so there are plenty of them.

They have two power squat racks and a squatting cage. No monolift. The leg press I believe can do about 1200. They have a hack squat and pretty much all the rest of the equipment. Inclines, declines, Hammer Strength, cables, etc... lots of ellipticals, bikes and treads and a separate MTV screen treadmill room for those who want to do cardio to jams/videos.

Like I said, it may not be old school or super hardcore but I think it would work. It is fairly big, I'd say maybe a bit bigger than The Training Center in DE was.

Here is the question. I haven't approached them about the idea yet because I wanted to run it past you first. If you are down for it, I need to know details of how to approach them about it? How it works?

There is a Golden Corral right in the same parking lot (walking distance) for grub or there are Chinese food places and other restaurants within a 1-2 mile radius from the Gym. There is an Italian pizza/sub shop right on the corner too. Pretty much walking distance.

Let me know what you think bro. If you are down with this I'd love to be the new PA coordinator.

~peace

Hg

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 11:04 am
and although I would classify New York Fitness as Hardcore I do believe it may fit the need.

I meant to say "wouldn't" it's a great gym though.

Brutus_515
02-15-08, 11:11 am
Hey bro how far from Breezewood PA are you..maybe get a few of the pittsburgh guys out for it...hit the turnpike and ride it out!

G Diesel
02-15-08, 11:12 am
Sounds good Hoomgar... What town are we talking about? How far from Philly? Peace, G

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 11:16 am
Hey bro how far from Breezewood PA are you..maybe get a few of the pittsburgh guys out for it...hit the turnpike and ride it out!

Sounds good Hoomgar... What town are we talking about? How far from Philly? Peace, G

It's in Lebanon, PA. It is roughly 120 miles East of Breezewood and roughly 90 miles West of Philly.

It's just a hair North/West of Lancaster, PA. About 10 - 15 minutes from Harrisburg.

Brutus_515
02-15-08, 11:24 am
Dang thats about 4 1/2 hours for us but let me talk it over I am sure with a little planning we might beable to head out for it

Ter11h
02-15-08, 11:28 am
I'm close to Lebanon so let me know and i'll be there

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 11:29 am
Dang thats about 4 1/2 hours for us but let me talk it over I am sure with a little planning we might beable to head out for it

Yeah I was kind of thinking of this because there hasn't been anything in this area. Pittburgh is about a 3.45 hour drive out the pike from here. If you go pike speeds ;) Deff would love to have ya if we can get this off the ground.

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 11:30 am
I'm close to Lebanon so let me know and i'll be there

Cool, keep an eye on this thread.

joe-yamma
02-15-08, 12:49 pm
isn't Tiny from somewhere (relatively) near there? (somewhere in DE, i think?)
maybe you guys could coordinate something w/ him at his gym?
i'd be down for the drive out (w/ some steel city guys) for that.

Hoomgar
02-15-08, 4:40 pm
isn't Tiny from somewhere (relatively) near there? (somewhere in DE, i think?)
maybe you guys could coordinate something w/ him at his gym?
i'd be down for the drive out (w/ some steel city guys) for that.

He is. Maryland to be exact. They have meets down that way though bro, the whole point of this is to get one going more mid state. It would be even closer to you this way. Hope this works out. We'd love to have ya and your crew.

Hoomgar
02-19-08, 1:47 pm
Looking for interest.

vgiordano
02-20-08, 7:30 pm
I am in Shippensburg, out between carlisle and chambersburg, but I am far from animal status, I haven't lifted in a few weeks because of state championships this weekend with swimming, but I would be interested in attending, getting a good workout in, meeting new people and learning a few things.

And Lebanon isnt that far either.

Hoomgar
02-21-08, 10:02 am
I am in Shippensburg, out between carlisle and chambersburg, but I am far from animal status, I haven't lifted in a few weeks because of state championships this weekend with swimming, but I would be interested in attending, getting a good workout in, meeting new people and learning a few things.

And Lebanon isnt that far either.

Looking like Wrath or any of the other Animals is not a requirement. Showing up is the only requirement bro. Being an Animal is a state of mind. This is all about working out, not how much you can lift :) It would be great to get together with you and lift! I assure you, what I lift will make you feel right at home or better LOL!

I really hope we can get something going here. I still haven't approached the gym until I get the word from G.

vgiordano
02-25-08, 4:10 pm
Looking like Wrath or any of the other Animals is not a requirement. Showing up is the only requirement bro. Being an Animal is a state of mind. This is all about working out, not how much you can lift :) It would be great to get together with you and lift! I assure you, what I lift will make you feel right at home or better LOL!

I really hope we can get something going here. I still haven't approached the gym until I get the word from G.

I just finished my college swim season so in about a week I will start back at the gym and then after spring break (I come back to school March 16th) - we can set up a day on a weekend to get this started. Let me know if G gives it the ok.

Hoomgar
02-26-08, 8:37 am
I just finished my college swim season so in about a week I will start back at the gym and then after spring break (I come back to school March 16th) - we can set up a day on a weekend to get this started. Let me know if G gives it the ok.

Will do. I am excited to see something happen. I know right now all the guys "G included" are busy getting ready for the Arnold. I am sure nothing is going to be even looked at here until after the Arnold but then we can wake this back up and see where it will go.

Still looking for even more interest, speak up guys/gals, this gym has plenty of room for us and food is right in the same strip! This would make a great ABC location.

Hoomgar
03-12-08, 8:44 am
Hey G, what's new bro? I was talking with the guys that work at the gym last night and they think it sounds like a great idea. I told them I wanted to get with you before we approach the owner about it though because I don't know how all you would like it done?

Give me the scoop bro and I'll see if I can get this rollin. I'd love to see a chapter here in this area. I think we could turn a lot of heads the Animal way by showing a little presence.

I rep the Animal logo every time I go to the gym and I am always the only one there doing so. I get a comment of one sort or another almost every time. We need a strong Animal representation in this area to wake things up!

I'm down for the job bro, let me know.

~peace

Hg

G Diesel
03-12-08, 8:52 am
Hey G, what's new bro? I was talking with the guys that work at the gym last night and they think it sounds like a great idea. I told them I wanted to get with you before we approach the owner about it though because I don't know how all you would like it done?

Give me the scoop bro and I'll see if I can get this rollin. I'd love to see a chapter here in this area. I think we could turn a lot of heads the Animal way by showing a little presence.

I rep the Animal logo every time I go to the gym and I am always the only one there doing so. I get a comment of one sort or another almost every time. We need a strong Animal representation in this area to wake things up!

I'm down for the job bro, let me know.

~peace

Hg

Figure out a good day and time... The way things are laying out for the next couple of months, I'd say a Saturday in late May/early June would be perfect. We'll make the details official and post them here and then work on generating interest and getting a head count. Provided the day works for me, I'll do all I can to bring some brothers out to train. As it draws closer, I'll make sure a care package ships to you in preparation for the event. Let's make it happen bro... You have the green light.

The only issue I have is that corporate commercial gyms are often far more complicated in negotiations and less accomodating because of their business model and corporate red tape structure. I'll take a Mom and Pop gym any day over these kinda fitness megaplexes. Take it from me, I currently train at one and I loathe it. Peace, G

Hoomgar
03-12-08, 9:06 am
Figure out a good day and time... The way things are laying out for the next couple of months, I'd say a Saturday in late May/early June would be perfect. We'll make the details official and post them here and then work on generating interest and getting a head count. Provided the day works for me, I'll do all I can to bring some brothers out to train. As it draws closer, I'll make sure a care package ships to you in preparation for the event. Let's make it happen bro... You have the green light.

The only issue I have is that corporate commercial gyms are often far more complicated in negotiations and less accomodating because of their business model and corporate red tape structure. I'll take a Mom and Pop gym any day over these kinda fitness megaplexes. Take it from me, I currently train at one and I loathe it. Peace, G

Sounds great bro. I'll see what I can do. I hear ya on the corporate commercial gym thing. I am so new to this that I am not sure what all you would like me to tell them then? How should I approach them about it? Do we have any info to give them?

I know they will have questions and I am not sure how it all works. Who pays for the gym? How we organize it? Do you want me to give them any specific info or just bounce the idea and see about interest first?

If they seem open, I'll proceed. If it seems to be a no go then I am still going to dig around and see if I can find something close to here.

Do we have a brochure or anything that we give them or are the first negotiations always just asking?

WeaponX
03-12-08, 10:25 am
Seems like it could be a good idea, I just kinda moved out to Harisburg to go to law school and have been looking for a gym thats not LA fitness, where are you talking about? I have been asking for a smaller gym, but msot people around here have no idea, they point out a Gold's that was recently opened, but where at in Lebanon are you talking about?

Hoomgar
03-12-08, 11:17 am
Seems like it could be a good idea, I just kinda moved out to Harisburg to go to law school and have been looking for a gym thats not LA fitness, where are you talking about? I have been asking for a smaller gym, but msot people around here have no idea, they point out a Gold's that was recently opened, but where at in Lebanon are you talking about?

Right off Route 72 just on the south end of Leb. New York Fitness. Right behind the new PetSmart.

WeaponX
03-12-08, 12:58 pm
Right off Route 72 just on the south end of Leb. New York Fitness. Right behind the new PetSmart.

Im gonna have to check that out

Hoomgar
03-12-08, 2:41 pm
Im gonna have to check that out

Heck yea bro. At a minimum we could meet up sometime to lift. I could bring you in as a guest for free so you can see if you like the place before you would consider signing up. If you are down for that let me know and we'll hit the iron man.

Hoomgar
04-30-08, 4:12 pm

In light of this I am calling this off until I either get to speak with the owners or find a better privately owned gym.

They are expanding to another new location and i know their efforts are on their own corporate interests right now so lets put this on the back burner until such time as I can speak with an owner.

Universal Rep
05-20-08, 2:38 pm
OK fellas, what's it gonna take to get this off the ground?

J-Dawg
05-20-08, 3:17 pm
Look at this-- Hoomgar looking to get an ABC off the ground. Any help you need Hoom, we've got your back.

Hoomgar
05-20-08, 3:18 pm
OK fellas, what's it gonna take to get this off the ground?

A gym U. If anyone knows of a good gym I'm still down for putting this together but at the current time I don't know of a good single owner hardcore gym for us to use. The one I was originally thinking of is a corporate gym and they are expanding as we speak.

I see you put a town on the title. Not too sure about Harrisburg. I don't get out that way to often but it is doable if we can find a gym.

Look at this-- Hoomgar looking to get an ABC off the ground. Any help you need Hoom, we've got your back.

Thanks bro. The main thing I need is help finding a gym. I'd love head up this chapter if we could solidify a place to do it.

Big_Spaz
05-20-08, 3:19 pm
I lifted at a Hardcore Powerlifting Gym in New Holland, PA for over 12 years. I walked in there as a 132 lb. boy and left as a 230 lb. man. The Gym is called R-A's Fitness Factory.

I am still very close to the owner and am still on the front of the website even though I am no longer a member (moved to a gym right by my house). Ross Althouse, the owner, and I still talk about once a week. Very cool guy.

This is not a chain gym, this is not a weightlifting glove wearing gym, this isn't even a tank top pose in the mirror gym. This is a Powerlifting gym. It has Monolifts, it has Dumbbells up to 150, and it has Power Benches. You lift or go Home.

If you guys are interested, let me know and I'll talk to Ross and see if we could get in for a day on a Saturday or something. I would plan for the end of June or maybe early July. Ross is a great guy and everyone would LOVE this place, trust me.

Here's the gyms website and the stud in the mirror :-) - www.rasfitness.com

-Spaz

Hoomgar
05-20-08, 3:22 pm
I lifted at a Hardcore Powerlifting Gym in New Holland, PA for over 12 years. I walked in there as a 132 lb. boy and left as a 230 lb. man. The Gym is called R-A's Fitness Factory.

I am still very close to the owner and am still on the front of the website even though I am no longer a member (moved to a gym right by my house). Ross Althouse, the owner, and I still talk about once a week. Very cool guy.

This is not a chain gym, this is not a weightlifting glove wearing gym, this isn't even a tank top pose in the mirror gym. This is a Powerlifting gym. It has Monolifts, it has Dumbbells up to 150, and it has Power Benches. You lift or go Home.

If you guys are interested, let me know and I'll talk to Ross and see if we could get in for a day on a Saturday or something. I would plan for the end of June or maybe early July. Ross is a great guy and everyone would LOVE this place, trust me.

-Spaz

That sounds great bro. For sure go ahead with that and see if we can hook it up!

Thanks. And welcome to the F O R V M.

Enforcer
05-20-08, 3:23 pm
Get it going Hoomgar. Whatever you need from me let me know

Hoomgar
05-20-08, 3:29 pm
Get it going Hoomgar. Whatever you need from me let me know

Thanks E. This is the kick in the pants this needed. I'm going to see if Big Spaz can hook us up with the one he mentioned and if that doesn't pan out I'll go scouting. It's time to get this done. I'm on it. You can put me down for Harrisburg if that is what you want to call it.

~peace

Hg

joe-yamma
05-20-08, 3:38 pm
hoomgar, nice to see you're still trying to make this happen.

i'm trying to arange something at my gym here in pittsburgh (i'm helping out because shaffer is really busy right now w/ contest prep, work, and getting ready to be a dad).

i was wondering if you got info regarding the questions you asked below?

How should I approach them about it? Do we have any info to give them?
Do we have a brochure or anything that we give them or are the first negotiations always just asking?
i am a member at this gym (champion fitness... G, you know this gym, right?) and i know the owner to see him.
i was planning on just talking to him about it next time i see him, but wondered what to tell him if he says "what's in it for me?" haha
the way we usually do our pittsburgh ABC's is that the gym charges $5 per head. i figure that way, at least the gym gets a couple of bucks from it.
i also think it gets the gym some local notariety through the Forvm and bb.com.
also, with the care packages that corporate sends out, the gym has some cool posters to hang up and some samples to give out...
my gym has a supp store and maybe this could spur more sales of Animal products?

any other suggestions?

Enforcer
05-20-08, 3:40 pm
Thanks E. This is the kick in the pants this needed. I'm going to see if Big Spaz can hook us up with the one he mentioned and if that doesn't pan out I'll go scouting. It's time to get this done. I'm on it. You can put me down for Harrisburg if that is what you want to call it.

~peace

Hg

I'll talk to the hiearchy but i have no problem with it

Hoomgar
05-20-08, 3:47 pm
hoomgar, nice to see you're still trying to make this happen.

i'm trying to arange something at my gym here in pittsburgh (i'm helping out because shaffer is really busy right now w/ contest prep, work, and getting ready to be a dad).

i was wondering if you got info regarding the questions you asked below?

i am a member at this gym (champion fitness... G, you know this gym, right?) and i know the owner to see him.
i was planning on just talking to him about it next time i see him, but wondered what to tell him if he says "what's in it for me?" haha
the way we usually do our pittsburgh ABC's is that the gym charges $5 per head. i figure that way, at least the gym gets a couple of bucks from it.
i also think it gets the gym some local notariety through the Forvm and bb.com.
also, with the care packages that corporate sends out, the gym has some cool posters to hang up and some samples to give out...
my gym has a supp store and maybe this could spur more sales of Animal products?

any other suggestions?

I'm still waiting for those answers myself bro.

I'll talk to the hiearchy but i have no problem with it

Sweet. Let's do this!

Universal Rep
05-20-08, 5:31 pm
Here we go...

naturalguy
05-20-08, 5:31 pm

~peace

Hg

Get Big Spaz over here on the forvm

Universal Rep
05-20-08, 5:34 pm

-Spaz

Who?

kcinnitram91
05-20-08, 9:16 pm
I will try my best to make it out for this session. Either way you have my support Hoomgar. Let me know how I can help.

Hoomgar
05-21-08, 9:10 am

Who?

Yea he is here bro. That was his post above. I sent him a PM to see about getting this off the ground. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. If that doesn't pan out I'll find us a gym.

I will try my best to make it out for this session. Either way you have my support Hoomgar. Let me know how I can help.

It's appreciated bro. I am working on getting my 1100 back on the road and when I do I'm going to do a bit of scouting. I'm also searching online for what I can find.

wasrmc
06-01-08, 6:01 pm
I really like to see this happen. I am originally from the Harrisburg Area, but I now live in North Jeresy. I have been training with Vinny for the last 2 years. I would love to bring him out to my home area for ABC event. I am willing to help get this off the ground. I would love to come home to train at abc. I have trained at a couple of the gold's gym in the Harrisburg Area. I also trained at a small gym in Enola, right outside of Harrisburg, called the Train Yard. But lets make this happen.

Hoomgar
06-02-08, 12:56 pm
I really like to see this happen. I am originally from the Harrisburg Area, but I now live in North Jeresy. I have been training with Vinny for the last 2 years. I would love to bring him out to my home area for ABC event. I am willing to help get this off the ground. I would love to come home to train at abc. I have trained at a couple of the gold's gym in the Harrisburg Area. I also trained at a small gym in Enola, right outside of Harrisburg, called the Train Yard. But lets make this happen.

Yea bro it's time. I was stalling and waiting to hear back from another brother who offered to help with a gym earlier in the thread but it appears that may not happen because I haven't heard a thing from him since.

We could shoot for any one of the gyms you know. It helps having already been to them because you know how big they are and what equipment they have then as far as fitting the needs for an ABC.

If you have a specific Gold's in mind let me know. Other wise we could go the route of placing a call to the Train Yard you mentioned. Also, originally this event was to be just a bit more east than Harrisburg so anything in this entire area is cool up to and including Lancaster/Lebanon.

It's time to move on this.

wasrmc
06-02-08, 1:55 pm
I would tell you to use the gold's gym. or pick gym in your area. Train Yard is little small.

Hoomgar
06-02-08, 2:11 pm
I would tell you to use the gold's gym. or pick gym in your area. Train Yard is little small.

OK cool thanks. I've seen them have several of these at Gold's gyms so hopefully we can land something with one of them.

Hoomgar
06-11-08, 1:51 pm
OK the wait is over. It's time to quite saying it and actually get this chapter off the gorund fellas. Who's in?

Enforcer
06-11-08, 1:55 pm
OK the wait is over. It's time to quite saying it and actually get this chapter off the gorund fellas. Who's in?

Thats what I'm talking about. It all starts with initiative.

GJN5002
06-13-08, 4:58 pm
im in harrisburg every other weekend to see my gf in lingelstown. I usually lift at the golds in Hershey thats in the plaza with sheetz and the pizzahut/wing place. Its pretty decent and big but im not sure how it would work since its a chain they may be a little more strict. I'll ask around and see if theres any better 'secret' spots. Im in for a harrisburg abc though.

Hoomgar
06-17-08, 11:57 am
im in harrisburg every other weekend to see my gf in lingelstown. I usually lift at the golds in Hershey thats in the plaza with sheetz and the pizzahut/wing place. Its pretty decent and big but im not sure how it would work since its a chain they may be a little more strict. I'll ask around and see if theres any better 'secret' spots. Im in for a harrisburg abc though.

Send me any and all info you get bro. I am currently researching "possible" locations and creating a list. There are too many ABC events going on through the end of the month so I am not pushing for anything immediate at this time. I'd like to see something in either July or early August.

I want to make sure this goes off right and not end up being something that was just slapped together. We do that stuff on the weekends, ABC events need more attention IMO.

I appreciate the support.

Hg

GJN5002
06-19-08, 6:29 pm
im def in to help out if you need it hoomgar..let me know and i'll keep looking for spots.

Hoomgar
06-20-08, 10:27 am
im def in to help out if you need it hoomgar..let me know and i'll keep looking for spots.

I'm trying to get in touch with the owner at my gym still. He is a busy guy but I don't like the idea of going through employees to get to him. Since he is the one that makes the call I want to make sure he gets info from me and not an employee who may screw it up completely and destroy our chances.

In the mean time, yeah all other gyms in the area that fit the criteria are free game.

Thanks again bro...

Hg

GJN5002
08-06-08, 10:13 pm
hey only thing ive found that isnt a golds or planet fitness is this place on amity road. It was C5 and now its woodys i think. Ive been told a lot of serious bb's come there. I cant seem to find any shitty old dungeons like im used to. If anyone wants to make the drive to altoona (about 2 hours west) i go to the best hardcore gym ive eer been in. We need to get something going here.

GJN5002
08-07-08, 9:04 pm
hey guys i think i'll be moving to h-burg in a few months and im looking for a good gym and partner. I love shitty dungeon gyms but it seems they are hard to find. I'll be working in york and prob living close to downtown h-burg so anyone in that proximity that wants to lift or can suggest a good place to lift would be great.

Hoomgar
08-25-08, 9:57 am
Fellas, I'm feeling a little slack on this. I apologize. I may not have what it takes. Thought I could get this off the ground but I'm finding that I am struggling with my time to make calls and set anything up. I have called and left messages for the the manager at my gym. He seems to never be there but the people who work there all think it sounds like a good idea. I would love to see what he thinks but have yet to get a call back from him or be able to get him when I call.

I think we may need to look for other gyms but this is where I really fade out. I have no idea where to look. I don't know of any hardcore gyms around here and the few guys I have asked for help have also either bailed on me or never replied at all to my PMs.

I'm open to any suggestions and all help. I'd love to make this happen but might need a bit more help to get started. I honestly do not know what to do or say to anyone I would talk to anyway.

Hg

scals
08-27-08, 11:44 am
I know this is a little in advance, but is anyone interested in getting together sometime around Thanksgiving. I'm going to be home for 12 days and figured if anyone was down we could move some iron together.

Hoomgar
08-27-08, 11:55 am
I know this is a little in advance, but is anyone interested in getting together sometime around Thanksgiving. I'm going to be home for 12 days and figured if anyone was down we could move some iron together.

I'm down. What area are you thinking?

Hg

scals
08-27-08, 12:22 pm
I live 20 miles north of Philly. I'm willing to travel west. Maybe there's somewhere in the middle. I haven't lived in PA long so I'm not quite sure what exactly is out there so it's really up to whoever wants to figure it out.

curt_james
09-07-08, 9:07 pm
Fellas, I'm feeling a little slack on this. I apologize. I may not have what it takes. Thought I could get this off the ground but I'm finding that I am struggling with my time to make calls and set anything up. I have called and left messages for the the manager at my gym. He seems to never be there but the people who work there all think it sounds like a good idea. I would love to see what he thinks but have yet to get a call back from him or be able to get him when I call.

I think we may need to look for other gyms but this is where I really fade out. I have no idea where to look. I don't know of any hardcore gyms around here and the few guys I have asked for help have also either bailed on me or never replied at all to my PMs.

I'm open to any suggestions and all help. I'd love to make this happen but might need a bit more help to get started. I honestly do not know what to do or say to anyone I would talk to anyway.

Hg

How's it going Hg?

There's a Planet Fitness on Paxton Street in Harrisburg. BwahahahAHAHAH :p

No, seriously, that PF is a decent gym. Was a World Gym a few years back. Good staff and decent equipment. Especially for a lightweight like me (6'1" and 195). I wouldn't nominate it as an ABC location, however because it has no power rack, only one squat rack, and dumbbells that only go to 80#. Bah! I'm even topping those on certain lifts. (Okay, make that ALMOST topping those.)

Anyway, the New York Fitness didn't work out? Did you track down anyone to get an okay to have a meet there? I'd pay their visitor fee to workout some weekend as part of an Animal get together or "In Real Life" meet.

Definitely no McGrath or Fankhouser but hit the iron seriously and on the regular.

Lebanon is definitely okay by me. Purchased my first Sportster at White's H-D ten years ago.

I currently also have a membership at the Gold's in Carlisle. That runs out on September 18 and I don't believe I'll be renewing. I'm an art teacher in Harrisburg and Paxton Street is minutes from school. Plus PF works out to about eleven bucks per month. I pay $199 cash and get 18 months of "lunk alarm membership." :D

So if anyone is in the Harrisburg City or Carlisle, PA area to lift at either of those gyms, send me a PM or give a holler in this thread.

I subbed to this thread in the event that an ABC meet is organized for the Lebanon area or elsewhere.

Hoomgar
09-07-08, 9:14 pm
How's it going Hg?

There's a Planet Fitness on Paxton Street in Harrisburg. BwahahahAHAHAH :p

No, seriously, that PF is a decent gym. Was a World Gym a few years back. Good staff and decent equipment. Especially for a lightweight like me (6'1" and 195). I wouldn't nominate it as an ABC location, however because it has no power rack, only one squat rack, and dumbbells that only go to 80#. Bah! I'm even topping those on certain lifts. (Okay, make that ALMOST topping those.)

Anyway, the New York Fitness didn't work out? Did you track down anyone to get an okay to have a meet there? I'd pay their visitor fee to workout some weekend as part of an Animal get together or "In Real Life" meet.

Definitely no McGrath or Fankhouser but hit the iron seriously and on the regular.

Lebanon is definitely okay by me. Purchased my first Sportster at White's H-D ten years ago.

I currently also have a membership at the Gold's in Carlisle. That runs out on September 18 and I don't believe I'll be renewing. I'm an art teacher in Harrisburg and Paxton Street is minutes from school. Plus PF works out to about eleven bucks per month. I pay $199 cash and get 18 months of "lunk alarm membership." :D

So if anyone is in the Harrisburg City or Carlisle, PA area to lift at either of those gyms, send me a PM or give a holler in this thread.

I subbed to this thread in the event that an ABC meet is organized for the Lebanon area or elsewhere.

I really want to try for this gym. I've left several messages and don't get calls back. The only reason I keep hope alive is that I have not had a chance to talk to the manager myself yet. Outside of this all other gyms would be cold calls for me and for some reason that crap is stopping me up. Not one of my strong areas. I need to bust my own on this and just get it done.

Hg

curt_james
09-07-08, 9:31 pm
Hg, I recommend taking a case of beer along the next time you ask for the manager. :D

"Yes, I'm interested in organizing something called an Animal Barbell Club organized meet at your facility. Oh, and by the way, here's a case of Yuengling for the manager."

I bet that place will have ten managers appear like magic. lol

Seriously, wishing you the best in getting this off the ground, man.

Hoomgar
09-08-08, 10:52 am
Hg, I recommend taking a case of beer along the next time you ask for the manager. :D

"Yes, I'm interested in organizing something called an Animal Barbell Club organized meet at your facility. Oh, and by the way, here's a case of Yuengling for the manager."

I bet that place will have ten managers appear like magic. lol

Seriously, wishing you the best in getting this off the ground, man.

LOL! Good one :) I'll be updating this later this week.

BiG in NYC 823
09-11-08, 10:11 am
Just wanted to give the Harrisburg Animals a "Heads-up"...

In NYC, October 18 @ Steel Gym...NY Animals will hold an ABC!!!

I don't know how far/close Harrisburg is to NYC, but I figured I would give you guys a notice, that way, maybe you guys can plan a trip and come to NYC to have one helluva an event!

Please reply/post within the NY Animals Thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090&highlight=PA

Thanks!!

Hoomgar
09-11-08, 11:12 am
Just wanted to give the Harrisburg Animals a "Heads-up"...

In NYC, October 18 @ Steel Gym...NY Animals will hold an ABC!!!

I don't know how far/close Harrisburg is to NYC, but I figured I would give you guys a notice, that way, maybe you guys can plan a trip and come to NYC to have one helluva an event!

Please reply/post within the NY Animals Thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090&highlight=PA

Thanks!!

It's a full days drive once you go both ways bro.

BiG in NYC 823
09-11-08, 12:52 pm
It's a full days drive once you go both ways bro.

well worth it!! haha..

on a real-note..DAYUM!!

Well..if anyone is visiting NYC at that time..haha

GJN5002
09-24-08, 10:12 am
any updates? I started training at Golds in Camp Hill. Nice place with lots of equipment but not the friendliest crowd. Im getting to know the gym manager and might pick up a saturday desk shift to get a free membership. Let me keep doing some ass kissing and I'll see if I can get some wheels turning if nothing else can be found.

Hoomgar
09-24-08, 12:10 pm
any updates? I started training at Golds in Camp Hill. Nice place with lots of equipment but not the friendliest crowd. Im getting to know the gym manager and might pick up a saturday desk shift to get a free membership. Let me keep doing some ass kissing and I'll see if I can get some wheels turning if nothing else can be found.

Called a few places last night! No owners. I need to do this over my lunch break. I can never seem to get anyone that makes decisions at these places after 5.

GJN5002
09-24-08, 12:33 pm
Called a few places last night! No owners. I need to do this over my lunch break. I can never seem to get anyone that makes decisions at these places after 5.

ive been trying/searching gyms for two weeks now and there is a def lack of old school gyms and an abundancee of corporate machine gyms. The annex in camp hill was an old school gym with a power room complete with tires and everything but it went out of business a while back probably because a golds opened down the street haha.

Hoomgar
09-24-08, 12:41 pm
ive been trying/searching gyms for two weeks now and there is a def lack of old school gyms and an abundancee of corporate machine gyms. The annex in camp hill was an old school gym with a power room complete with tires and everything but it went out of business a while back probably because a golds opened down the street haha.

Do you know where this place is that Big S was talking about gjn? I haven't heard back from him since he posted that.

-Spaz

I was hoping he would come back to the board here and see this but I'm not sure he has been back. Maybe I should call them?

GJN5002
09-24-08, 11:19 pm
nop im still new to the area, only been here 2 weeks. I'll be in Lancaster for job training in a few weeks so I can check that gym out when I'm down that way.

Hoomgar
09-26-08, 1:16 pm
nop im still new to the area, only been here 2 weeks. I'll be in Lancaster for job training in a few weeks so I can check that gym out when I'm down that way.

Sounds good bro.

Hoomgar
09-26-08, 1:18 pm
I was finally able to speak with a manager who has the power to decide events schedules for the gym here where I wanted to first try this. The call went well and he sounded interested. I sent him some information and my contact info and am waiting to hear back from him.

If they give me the green light then we can start talking about dates. If they do not then we will keep digging for gyms.

What Saturday should we shoot for here before the end of 08?

Hg

Enforcer
09-29-08, 1:08 pm
I was finally able to speak with a manager who has the power to decide events schedules for the gym here where I wanted to first try this. The call went well and he sounded interested. I sent him some information and my contact info and am waiting to hear back from him.

If they give me the green light then we can start talking about dates. If they do not then we will keep digging for gyms.

Hg

I am in for this bro, Harrisburg is only a 2 hour drive for me. Keep me posted HG

Hoomgar
09-29-08, 1:28 pm
I am in for this bro, Harrisburg is only a 2 hour drive for me. Keep me posted HG

Will do Big E. And thanks. It will be beyond great to have you there. They got enough equipment to get the job done and the gym is fairly large. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. If i don't hear from them in a few more days I'll call again. I'm keeping this hot now that I finally got through to them.

Hg

Enforcer
09-29-08, 1:36 pm
Will do Big E. And thanks. It will be beyond great to have you there. They got enough equipment to get the job done and the gym is fairly large. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. If i don't hear from them in a few more days I'll call again. I'm keeping this hot now that I finally got through to them.

Hg

Sounds like a plan to me bro

joe-yamma
09-30-08, 7:16 pm
what's up fellas?
i'll be in H-burg tomorrow for work and will probably be hitting up the gym in Strawberry Square downtown after work...
anyone down???

Hoomgar
09-30-08, 9:12 pm
what's up fellas?
i'll be in H-burg tomorrow for work and will probably be hitting up the gym in Strawberry Square downtown after work...
anyone down???

Man I'd love to come hook up with ya for a workout Joe. It would be cool just to be able to stop out and meet ya. I wont be able to though. I have a previous and I'm also on hiatus for a week as of tonight. More about that in my journey.

Hg

joe-yamma
09-30-08, 10:14 pm
no problem bro.
next time i'll give more notice too.
i work for the state, so i'm usually out there once a month or so.

GJN5002
10-01-08, 3:11 pm
hey bro, pm me next time you'll be in H-burg. I live about 10 min from strawberry square and Im training at a golds about 10 min from downtown.

GJN5002
10-01-08, 3:13 pm

Hg

hoomgar, what gym are you trying to set this up at?

Let me know if it falls through, I found a kinda small hardcore gym in lemoyne (west shore) that migth be just right. Its called world of fitness. A woman that held the deadlift record at 105lbs works out there and they have some animal posters up. Not bad.

Hoomgar
10-01-08, 3:43 pm
hoomgar, what gym are you trying to set this up at?

Let me know if it falls through, I found a kinda small hardcore gym in lemoyne (west shore) that migth be just right. Its called world of fitness. A woman that held the deadlift record at 105lbs works out there and they have some animal posters up. Not bad.

Sounds great. I sent a follow up email this morning because I haven't heard from them yet. I'm still hopeful. The guy sounded really open to the idea when I spoke to him. I'll let you know.

Hg

Enforcer
10-02-08, 2:23 pm
Sounds great. I sent a follow up email this morning because I haven't heard from them yet. I'm still hopeful. The guy sounded really open to the idea when I spoke to him. I'll let you know.

Hg

Keep at it Hoomgar. We def need to get an event going on out here before the weather gets too rough to be driving in.

superman32088
10-04-08, 8:33 pm
im from lititz. im gonna have to check out that powerlifting gym in new holland its like 15 mins from me.

Hoomgar
10-06-08, 12:24 pm
Keep at it Hoomgar. We def need to get an event going on out here before the weather gets too rough to be driving in.

I'm on it Big E. I will call them again this week. Still have had no reply to either email.

im from lititz. im gonna have to check out that powerlifting gym in new holland its like 15 mins from me.

Sounds good man. Let me know what you see there. For an ABC we like to have a good bit of space and lots of dumbbells and plates. The powerlifting gym may be geared more towards special types of exercises. You gotta see what they have to know I guess?

Let me know what you find out.

Hg

Hoomgar
10-14-08, 10:51 am
Multiple calls over the last week have failed to put me in touch with the guy at this gym. Seems he doesn't work regular hours. I also have received no replies to my emails and he doesn't return the messages I leave when I call.

Fellas, I'm going to go ahead and assume the worst and say lets move onto looking for another gym. If this one still works out then great but I want to get the ball rolling before the years ends on us and bad weather moves in making it hard for travel.

I'm open to any and all help for another gym location for this chapter.

Hg

Enforcer
10-14-08, 11:08 am
Multiple calls over the last week have failed to put me in touch with the guy at this gym. Seems he doesn't work regular hours. I also have received no replies to my emails and he doesn't return the messages I leave when I call.

Fellas, I'm going to go ahead and assume the worst and say lets move onto looking for another gym. If this one still works out then great but I want to get the ball rolling before the years ends on us and bad weather moves in making it hard for travel.

I'm open to any and all help for another gym location for this chapter.

Hg

I think it's time to find a new location. I appreciate the effort HG but you can't win them all

Hoomgar
10-14-08, 11:20 am
I think it's time to find a new location. I appreciate the effort HG but you can't win them all

Agreed Big E. I'm not really aware of what else is around me here as far as a facility that could host an ABC? My hours prevent me from being able to scout too so I am really hoping for some ideas. I wont have a chance to travel anywhere and look around so I am down to taking feedback from others on gyms, sizes, equipment, etc...

I am still going to try to get in touch with my gym but we will move on at the same time in hopes of nailing something.

Hg

Enforcer
10-14-08, 11:26 am
Agreed Big E. I'm not really aware of what else is around me here as far as a facility that could host an ABC? My hours prevent me from being able to scout too so I am really hoping for some ideas. I wont have a chance to travel anywhere and look around so I am down to taking feedback from others on gyms, sizes, equipment, etc...

I am still going to try to get in touch with my gym but we will move on at the same time in hopes of nailing something.

Hg

Looks like its time to ask the other members of this chapter for a lil help

superman32088
10-16-08, 11:12 am
I just joined RA Fitness Center and its a sick gym. Most of the time there arent alot of people there. But its hardcore. Got pictures of the older powerlifters and bodybuilders on the wall and i gotta agree wiht the guy who said Ross is a nice person he is!

Hoomgar
10-16-08, 11:56 am
I just joined RA Fitness Center and its a sick gym. Most of the time there arent alot of people there. But its hardcore. Got pictures of the older powerlifters and bodybuilders on the wall and i gotta agree wiht the guy who said Ross is a nice person he is!

Do you think they would be open to host an ABC there?

superman32088
10-16-08, 1:28 pm
Call em up and ask for Ross. They are open till 9 mo-thursday and i think like 8 friday...and sat till 2 sun till 12.

Hoomgar
10-16-08, 1:43 pm
Call em up and ask for Ross. They are open till 9 mo-thursday and i think like 8 friday...and sat till 2 sun till 12.

Is this the place you are talking about? The one Big Spaz mentioned?

-Spaz

I'll check it out. I was hoping Big Spaz would step up and take that one but I haven't heard from him.

Hg

superman32088
10-16-08, 3:09 pm
yes sir thats the one he was talking about!

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 11:59 am
Is this the place you are talking about? The one Big Spaz mentioned?

I'll check it out. I was hoping Big Spaz would step up and take that one but I haven't heard from him.

Hg

Hey HG,

Sorry I haven't been back on here for a while. I can definitely take this one and run with it if you would like.

I can plan it for a Saturday in the next month or two. Let me know what details your looking for. I'll give Ross a call sometime this week and just make sure he's cool with it. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be though.

-Spaz

Mr. Dead
11-24-08, 12:01 pm
Looks like this thing is growing!!!

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 12:29 pm
I can talk to Ross tonight if you guys want. Would the weekend of December 13th or 20th work?

Let me know what dates you guys are looking at and I'll see what works for Ross.

-Spaz

Hoomgar
11-24-08, 12:33 pm
Hey HG,

Sorry I haven't been back on here for a while. I can definitely take this one and run with it if you would like.

I can plan it for a Saturday in the next month or two. Let me know what details your looking for. I'll give Ross a call sometime this week and just make sure he's cool with it. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be though.

-Spaz

You can go full bore with that big bro. I haven't been able to do crap with this. I feel like a shmuck. I even spoke with the owner of my gym since my last post (forgot to update) and he promised he would get back to me. Yea, right. They are now going to expand the gym (it will be double size, freakin huge!) and I think that is what has taken his time and attention away.

I'm still going to try to get one going here but whatever you can do go right ahead and hook it up man. We just need to send him some info and see if he would be cool with the idea of an ABC there and then if yes, workout a date that works for him as well and the members to be able to attend.

Looks like the whether is holding out so lets do it man. I trust your judgment totally on this man because I know you've been in this game for a long time.

Thanks!

P.S. I sent you a PM just now with some information links to give him...

Hg

Hoomgar
11-24-08, 12:36 pm
I can talk to Ross tonight if you guys want. Would the weekend of December 13th or 20th work?

Let me know what dates you guys are looking at and I'll see what works for Ross.

-Spaz

Both those weekends work for me. I'm going to the Jersey ABC at S&S on the 6th.

I sent you a PM with some info to give Ross Big Spaz, thanks for the help bro.

Hg

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 12:50 pm
Both those weekends work for me. I'm going to the Jersey ABC at S&S on the 6th.

I sent you a PM with some info to give Ross Big Spaz, thanks for the help bro.

Hg

I got it. Thanks alot. I'll talk to Ross and we will get something lined up.

The gym is excellent, and it definitely fits into the ANIMAL way of life.

I'll let you guys know what I find out tonight after I make a few calls.

-Spaz

GJN5002
12-10-08, 1:32 pm
Any recent updates?

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 1:35 pm
Any recent updates?

Only what you see bro. Sorry. We are hitting walls with the gyms around here. if you can stir something up have at it and let me know.

GJN5002
12-10-08, 1:37 pm
i amazed at the lack of intereste gyms in the area, I asked at a few gyms I was training at and they werent into us cutting into time for members. Lets set up in a parking lot with some cinder blocks and tires hah.

Mr. Dead
12-10-08, 1:39 pm
We've actually used the free passes that gyms hand out, on occasion... 24hour fitness has ones that you can print out online... And we've paid the guest fee that some gyms have...

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 1:47 pm
We've actually used the free passes that gyms hand out, on occasion... 24hour fitness has ones that you can print out online... And we've paid the guest fee that some gyms have...

The problem d-man is they wont allow the ABC event in the gym. It's a weird bunch out here. Deff not the hardcore mentality.

Mr. Dead
12-10-08, 1:55 pm
The problem d-man is they wont allow the ABC event in the gym. It's a weird bunch out here. Deff not the hardcore mentality.

That's a bummer... Luckily, we have GoldieLocks up here in Washington... She does a lot of personal training in different gyms up here, and has some connections... Have you tried bribing with samples...?

Enforcer
12-10-08, 2:54 pm

So I'm guessing then still no luck finding a gym HG

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 3:02 pm
So I'm guessing then still no luck finding a gym HG

Naa bro and I quit being bummed about it. I will keep looking though. I don't want to let this chapter die. Big Spaz I believe hit the same dead end with the one he contacted and it looks like gin had the same experience. They really cater to the treadmill, mat and ball crowd out here. It's a shame too because the equipment is there for a great ABC.

Enforcer
12-10-08, 3:03 pm
Naa bro and I quit being bummed about it. I will keep looking though. I don't want to let this chapter die. Big Spaz I believe hit the same dead end with the one he contacted and it looks like gin had the same experience. They really cater to the treadmill, mat and ball crowd out here. It's a shame too because the equipment is there for a great ABC.

Damn that sux bro. Still keep at it, someone eventually has to give in out there

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 3:06 pm
Damn that sux bro. Still keep at it, someone eventually has to give in out there

I'm not done. We will get one going out here but it looks like it will be 2009 now.

Enforcer
12-10-08, 3:08 pm
I'm not done. We will get one going out here but it looks like it will be 2009 now.

It's all good bro. Doesn't matter what the year is, just good to see that you haven't given up and still are working to keep this Chapter alive

McFly
12-10-08, 3:36 pm
HG, do I have to contact my farmer peeps, pimpin in their buggies, and get this chapter together????

Enforcer
12-10-08, 3:37 pm
HG, do I have to contact my farmer peeps, pimpin in their buggies, and get this chapter together????

At this point I think HG will take all the help he can get

McFly
12-10-08, 3:39 pm

i have some friends who work in gyms up in harrisburg....i'll shoot a few emails out...

Enforcer
12-10-08, 3:42 pm
i have some friends who work in gyms up in harrisburg....i'll shoot a few emails out...

Nice bro, see HG theres hope yet

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 4:11 pm

Hay bails on the end of tobacco lathes wont be a first my man. Sounds good to me.

What Big E just said!

Nice bro, see HG theres hope yet

Sounds tight fellas, hook it up McFly, let me know whatever you need and let's get this thing rolling. I ain't proud, I'll take whatever help i can get to make this happen.

Hg

GJN5002
12-15-08, 4:28 pm
Hey a little off topic from finding an ABC gym, but Ive only been living here for about 5 months and I need to find a solid ortho doc for my knee. I had surgeyr about 5 months ago and its not healing as I hoped. if anyone knows first hand or could ask friends, I'm willing to travel around the whole harrisburg area.

McFly
12-18-08, 11:28 am
o.k. got word back from a friend who is an instructor at a gym in Harrisburg, the name of the gym is slipping my mind a the moment but was told to wait til after the new year and I'll probably have to make a trip up there check out the place and meet the owner but it may work out.

how far is York for the harrisburg area HG?

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 11:32 am
o.k. got word back from a friend who is an instructor at a gym in Harrisburg, the name of the gym is slipping my mind a the moment but was told to wait til after the new year and I'll probably have to make a trip up there check out the place and meet the owner but it may work out.

Neighbors. This will work bro. let me know when you are swinging through the area. We still have a steak and eggs breakfast waiting for us. Maybe make it on a workout day and we can hit the gym? Good news here. Keep us posted man.

Hg

Enforcer
12-18-08, 12:27 pm

There is hope yet HG, now only time will tell

Mr. Dead
12-18-08, 12:34 pm
Definitely looks like things are looking up!!!

curt_james
03-23-09, 8:42 pm
Bumpity bumpa BUMP! :-p

Hey, there's a Gold's Gym in Harrisburg.

http://www.goldsgym.com/gyms/index.php?gymID=0866

Hoomgar
03-25-09, 10:55 am
Bumpity bumpa BUMP! :-p

Hey, there's a Gold's Gym in Harrisburg.

http://www.goldsgym.com/gyms/index.php?gymID=0866

Well I'm game for sure but right now is not a good time for me to organize anything. I'll look at the list though and see because the gyms we've asked so far have all been no go.

Hg

curt_james
03-25-09, 8:03 pm
Hg, summer is on the way and I'll be able to hopefully set some things up or spend even more time online. lol

Probably not a good thing. :-D

Hoomgar
03-26-09, 11:36 am
Hg, summer is on the way and I'll be able to hopefully set some things up or spend even more time online. lol

Probably not a good thing. :-D

If you can set something up at that Harrisburg Gold's Curt go ahead. I'll help with anything you need. Time allowing.

Hoomgar
04-15-09, 4:37 pm
I hear rumors that there may still be hope for the NYFC in Leb after all. Still looking to get one going here if I can this summer brothers.

Hg

Mr. Dead
04-15-09, 4:48 pm
I hear rumors that there may still be hope for the NYFC in Leb after all. Still looking to get one going here if I can this summer brothers.

Hg

Sweet!!!

GJN5002
04-15-09, 4:52 pm

Hg

Great to hear! I work at Golds in camp hill and although we cant reserve the whole gym, we may be able to get away with training on a sunday afternoon or saturday evening when the gym is dead. If Lebanon doesnt work out let me know and I'll talk to my boss.

Hoomgar
04-15-09, 4:55 pm
Great to hear! I work at Golds in camp hill and although we cant reserve the whole gym, we may be able to get away with training on a sunday afternoon or saturday evening when the gym is dead. If Lebanon doesnt work out let me know and I'll talk to my boss.

Sounds good gin, thanks for the help bro.

Hg

Mr. Dead
04-15-09, 5:19 pm
Glad to see this get some momentum!!!

curt_james
05-05-09, 8:40 pm

Any word on that possibility?

I've never visited that gym, but have heard good things. I have a 10-punch pass at Gold's in Carlisle and a full membership at the Paxton Street PF in Harrisburg.

GJN5002
05-08-09, 12:56 pm
Any word on that possibility?

I've never visited that gym, but have heard good things. I have a 10-punch pass at Gold's in Carlisle and a full membership at the Paxton Street PF in Harrisburg.

Not yet, the owner has been away in colorado for the winter and I have to run it past him. When he gets back I'll ask. Ive considered joining the east shore golds because if you go there I heard you can hit up carlisle, york of harrisburg golds because they are owned by the same people. Camp hill is a nice gym, stop by some time.

GJN5002
05-29-09, 11:22 am
not looking good for camp hill golds.

How many people are even considering attending, I feel like theres about 3 people and no one really cares?

C.Coronato
05-29-09, 11:43 am
3 is better than nothing brother. Its about the training and you guys getting together and haveing a good time. No worries about how many people are there.

Hoomgar
05-29-09, 12:19 pm
not looking good for camp hill golds.

How many people are even considering attending, I feel like theres about 3 people and no one really cares?

3 is better than nothing brother. Its about the training and you guys getting together and haveing a good time. No worries about how many people are there.

Agree with this. It sure isn't that no one cares bro. I myself am limited in what I can do up that way. Camp Hill & Harrisburg are a bit of a hall for me. They are close to the same as going to the Delaware ABC's for me as far as drive time is concerned.

I was hopeful we'd get something going down my way here but the whole idea of doing it at my gym seems to have stalled.

I know once I get one or more of these off the ground I'll have a better idea of what needs done to make it happen. I'll admit that this is not a strong point for me right now. Not really sure what to say to these gym owners because it seems I may be saying the wrong things so far if you base it off the responses I've been getting.

Hg

GJN5002
05-29-09, 12:23 pm

I understand that, problem is, we havent had a meeting yet.

GJN5002
05-29-09, 12:25 pm
Agree with this. It sure isn't that no one cares bro. I myself am limited in what I can do up that way. Camp Hill & Harrisburg are a bit of a hall for me. They are close to the same as going to the Delaware ABC's for me as far as drive time is concerned.

I was hopeful we'd get something going down my way here but the whole idea of doing it at my gym seems to have stalled.

I know once I get one or more of these off the ground I'll have a better idea of what needs done to make it happen. I'll admit that this is not a strong point for me right now. Not really sure what to say to these gym owners because it seems I may be saying the wrong things so far if you base it off the responses I've been getting.

Hg

I got ya. I meant that it doesnt really seem like there are many forum members in our area. Ive exausted my options locally and I know youre doing the same. Its just frustrating that other areas have good luck and we have none.

Hoomgar, where do you live?

Hoomgar
05-29-09, 12:32 pm
I got ya. I meant that it doesnt really seem like there are many forum members in our area. Ive exausted my options locally and I know youre doing the same. Its just frustrating that other areas have good luck and we have none.

Hoomgar, where do you live?

Manheim.

Mr. Dead
05-29-09, 12:45 pm
Hmmm... Just a thought... Anybody have a home gym...? My guess, is that it doesn't matter WHERE you lift... But the unity and brotherhood of members getting together and slingin' some iron... I know you guys have pretty much exhausted your resources as far as the public gym sector... But... Might want to give the private home gym idea a look-over...

C.Coronato
05-29-09, 1:21 pm
Amen Mr. Dead.

Hoomgar
05-29-09, 1:49 pm
You couldn't have an ABC at my home gym. We need the gym owners around here to soften up.

GJN5002
05-31-09, 2:40 pm
You couldn't have an ABC at my home gym. We need the gym owners around here to soften up.

maybe we should just show up at a gym on fri/sat/sund evening when they are slow. If we all pay the 5-10$ to train they arent going to tell us we cant.

Hoomgar
06-01-09, 10:34 am
maybe we should just show up at a gym on fri/sat/sund evening when they are slow. If we all pay the 5-10$ to train they arent going to tell us we cant.

Ha ha! I like it. I do need to re-visit thew management at my gym again soon now though. The guy I tried to work with before isn't even with them anymore. Also, there is a brother on here that goes there and has been doing so since they started it. He may be able to help us get in there but I haven't heard back from him in a bit now.

Hg

C.Coronato
06-17-09, 3:46 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

PA(Harrisburg) ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15070)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

Hoomgar
06-18-09, 11:14 am
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

PA(Harrisburg) ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15070)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

Done bro. I had just recently taken it out because of getting discouraged trying to get anything going around here. I put it back in now. I am hopeful that we will find something around here.

C.Coronato
06-18-09, 11:28 am
Done bro. I had just recently taken it out because of getting discouraged trying to get anything going around here. I put it back in now. I am hopeful that we will find something around here.

Thanks HG. Keep pushing. People will come.

Hoomgar
06-18-09, 11:34 am
Thanks HG. Keep pushing. People will come.

Getting a gym that will have us is the challenge bro.

GJN5002
06-18-09, 2:06 pm
I really think we should just plan to show up at a gym on a sunday afternoon and pay the $5-10 to train. I was at golds on sunday around 4 and there were 3 people in the weight area, usually more like 60. I will talk to the manager and see if its legit. What in particular should I O.K. with him. If a bunch of guy show up to train, they cant really turn us down.

French57
06-18-09, 2:10 pm
Hey fellas, I was curious when your event is going to take place. I am an hour south of Harrisburg in MD and wouldnt mind checking it out.

Hoomgar
06-18-09, 2:20 pm
I really think we should just plan to show up at a gym on a sunday afternoon and pay the $5-10 to train. I was at golds on sunday around 4 and there were 3 people in the weight area, usually more like 60. I will talk to the manager and see if its legit. What in particular should I O.K. with him. If a bunch of guy show up to train, they cant really turn us down.

Sunday's are a no go for an ABC bro. Has to be on a Saturday unless you want to roll with something without me.

I'm also still trying to get it done up this way. I'm not to in the know about anything out near Harrisburg. When I created this chapter, it was Lebanon/Lancaster. They renamed it on me without my knowledge and I just went with it but in reality Harrisburg is a bit far for any planing for me. I never get out that way and don't know where anything is out there.

In all honestly, I'd really prefer if this had not been renamed as such. I'm open to ideas, if someone can make this happen, you deserve the title. I haven't been able to do anything with it.

Maybe we could start a Harrisburg chapter and assign a coordinator. This could be put back to Lebanon or Lancaster then. Just ideas. I only know the area around here, this is why I say all that.

Hg

HeavyG
08-03-09, 10:47 am
New member here, I live in Shippensburg, Pa but I also lived in Hbg as well. Iam nowhere near an Animal but looking to make a drastic change in my life and would love any and all encouragement. Would be willing to travel so sign me up.

Hoomgar
08-03-09, 12:07 pm
New member here, I live in Shippensburg, Pa but I also lived in Hbg as well. Iam nowhere near an Animal but looking to make a drastic change in my life and would love any and all encouragement. Would be willing to travel so sign me up.

I have another request in with my gym here in Lebanon now that there is new management. This time my request was received with optimism. I am hopeful to hear back from them soon. I'll keep this updated. In the mean time, if anyone else knows of a gym in the area that will host an ABC post it up!

Hg

GJN5002
08-14-09, 12:14 pm
I have another request in with my gym here in Lebanon now that there is new management. This time my request was received with optimism. I am hopeful to hear back from them soon. I'll keep this updated. In the mean time, if anyone else knows of a gym in the area that will host an ABC post it up!

Hg
..fingers crossed

Hoomgar
08-14-09, 12:23 pm
..fingers crossed

Naa bro I should have known better. I forwarded my email back to the same address earlier this week to ask for status and it bounced. Not there anymore. For some reason, someone at the top of the chain doesn't want this to happen. In the mean time, I keep spreading the word and giving out Animal shirts at the gym. I am slowly building more and more interest.

As for the ABC though, I'm stuck again.

Hg

HeavyG
08-14-09, 8:32 pm
Sunday's are a no go for an ABC bro. Has to be on a Saturday unless you want to roll with something without me.

I'm also still trying to get it done up this way. I'm not to in the know about anything out near Harrisburg. When I created this chapter, it was Lebanon/Lancaster. They renamed it on me without my knowledge and I just went with it but in reality Harrisburg is a bit far for any planing for me. I never get out that way and don't know where anything is out there.

In all honestly, I'd really prefer if this had not been renamed as such. I'm open to ideas, if someone can make this happen, you deserve the title. I haven't been able to do anything with it.

Maybe we could start a Harrisburg chapter and assign a coordinator. This could be put back to Lebanon or Lancaster then. Just ideas. I only know the area around here, this is why I say all that.

Hg

I can understand, I wish there was one for the Carlisle/Shippensburg/Chambersburg area.. but I will fill up the CRV to drive if needed to

GJN5002
10-06-09, 4:13 pm
bump for any updates, new people, developments, etc.

Mr. Dead
10-06-09, 4:14 pm
What's up in here???!!!

Hoomgar
10-06-09, 4:15 pm
bump for any updates, new people, developments, etc.

What's up in here???!!!

8 pages of nothin fellas.

GJN5002
10-06-09, 9:10 pm
the only thing holding us back is finding a gym, thats rough.

Mr. Dead
10-06-09, 10:40 pm
8 pages of nothin fellas.

That's not what I see... I see 8 pages of not giving up, and tryin' to get this rollin'... That's what I see...

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 11:36 am
the only thing holding us back is finding a gym, thats rough.

It is. We need to keep looking.

That's not what I see... I see 8 pages of not giving up, and tryin' to get this rollin'... That's what I see...

Our gym is currently doubling in size. It's under construction right now. I'm going to wait until that is done to approach them with this again and see if they will bite then. They will be looking to fill up the gym so maybe the publicity an ABC brings will do them good?

Hg

Mr. Dead
10-07-09, 1:52 pm

It is. We need to keep looking.

Our gym is currently doubling in size. It's under construction right now. I'm going to wait until that is done to approach them with this again and see if they will bite then. They will be looking to fill up the gym so maybe the publicity an ABC brings will do them good?

Hg

See... You just proved my above statement true...

Hoomgar
10-07-09, 1:57 pm
See... You just proved my above statement true...

I haven't given up bro. Was just a little discouraged. It wont happen again.

Mr. Dead
10-07-09, 1:59 pm
I haven't given up bro. Was just a little discouraged. It wont happen again.
I know... Went through my own trials and tribulations with the Seattle Chapter... The ball WILL roll...

Necromatrix
02-01-10, 4:05 pm
Just kinda throwing my name into the mix of Animals in PA... I am in Harrisburg for the time being but I may end up near Graterford in a few months. It looks like the your gym is about 40 minutes from my current location, so if they let you host an ABC, I would love to attend.

Good luck, and stay strong!

Mr. Dead
02-01-10, 4:52 pm
Just kinda throwing my name into the mix of Animals in PA... I am in Harrisburg for the time being but I may end up near Graterford in a few months. It looks like the your gym is about 40 minutes from my current location, so if they let you host an ABC, I would love to attend.

Good luck, and stay strong!

This guy is an awesome student of the iron, and a welcome addition to any ABC...

Necromatrix
02-01-10, 11:07 pm
This guy is an awesome student of the iron, and a welcome addition to any ABC...

Aww shucks....

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 2:18 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

GJN5002
02-23-10, 11:25 am
Alright guys this is getting crazy, any updates from anyone on any possibilites? If there is anyone still interested please post up that you are and depending on the amount of people I may be able to get a gym for us. ANy one else have a possibilty?

HeavyG
09-14-10, 6:22 pm
Alright guys this is getting crazy, any updates from anyone on any possibilites? If there is anyone still interested please post up that you are and depending on the amount of people I may be able to get a gym for us. ANy one else have a possibilty?

Any progress yet? Iam in Shippensburg and would love to do this

Necromatrix
09-14-10, 7:13 pm
My gym is in my basement. Not sure I could fit many animals in there...

C.Coronato
02-17-11, 4:28 pm
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

widdlewade44
09-10-11, 12:40 pm
17Sep11 at 1:00pm here:

http://supremesportspt.com/

Any and all Harrisburg and PA beasts are welcome to come on down, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Necromatrix
09-13-11, 10:52 pm
Not much of a beast, but I'll be there.

widdlewade44
09-14-11, 8:16 am
Not much of a beast, but I'll be there.

Too cool bro, I'm looking forward to meeting you, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Universal Rep
01-10-13, 2:04 pm
Advice?

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40110-Need-some-East-Coast-gym-suggestions&p=1283607#post1283607

Universal Rep
02-07-13, 2:41 pm
This ABC Chapter still active?

Pittsburgh is 3.5 hours away. Heres a Corporate sponsored ABC event in Pittsburgh at Warehouse Gym on 2/25/13... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...-PA%29-2-25-13