PDA

View Full Version : first training log. looking to improve on everything.

jeff00z28
02-16-08, 10:53 pm
this is my first time ever doing a training log. i would like any advice that can be given about diet/training etc. I am currently just over 230lbs at 6 feet 2, and would like to reach 240. I also want to increase strength on everything, not just the big 3. I might do strongman competitions someday. My only supplements are Animal Pak, Nitro G, uniliver, flex-almost all gone, and real gains. I don't have $ for anything else right now so I choose my favorite 3, and i don't even consider uniliver a supplement cuzz its so cheap and lasts long lol. Any help/comments appreciated.

Saturday.

deadlifts:
I work out w/ an Inzer belt, and weightlifting/gymnastics chalk
warmup sets: 135x10, 225x8, 315x4
3x3 455x3, 455x3, 455x3 (this was my first time doing a 3x3 routine. I should have went heavier, maybe 470, but I didn't know I would make it through all 3 sets so easily. I allowed about 3 minutes of rest per set)
Close stance stiff legs standing on 2 pies. 275x6, 275x6.

front squats:
I hate to make excuses, but I was so destroyed from the deads that I only managed 3 very painful sets
225x12, 295x6, 135x25

Added nitro g to my shaker

hammer strength lying leg curls:
2 plates for 12 reps, and 3 plates for 5 reps, stripped a plate, did 10 reps, stripped another did 12. Very light headed on that 2nd set

Finished off w/ hammer strength leg ext:
1 footed. 2 plates for 10 reps. And 3 plates for 6

diet:
didn't go out tonight
10am: Real gains and dry oats in a shake. And a banana and 3 uniliver tabs.
12pm: 4 Chicken strips in oven, and brown rice and animal pak
2pm: peanut butter on triscuit crackers - gave me energy for the hard workout
sipped on nitro g during my workout
3:45pm: arrived home and drank another realgains + oats. and 3 uniliver
4:30: Big bowl of hommade beef chilli and a banana.
6:00: Ground beef on a wheat bun (cheeseburger basically only not processed)
7:00: snack - allowed myself a sprite - it is saturday after all -2 light yogurt fruit smoothies. Low fat, 5 grams protein each
8:30 1/2 a container of cashews, milk, and 2 more smoothies
10:00 about to grab another bowl of chilli and 3 uniliver hit the sack
unless other wise specified i only drink water or an occasional Gatorade.

all around good day

jeff00z28
02-17-08, 8:14 pm
I only do a direct arm workout every other week. On every even week I just throw in a few sets of curls w/ back, and rely on dips and compound movements. If I have a hard arm day every week it messes up my other workouts.

3 sets of skull crushers, slow and controlled
70x10, 110x10, 150x9 (wanted 10 but no spotter) I only do these every other arm workout because they hurt my elbows. so basically i do them once a month now.

went straight into 3 sets of ez bar curls. I hate curls but they gotta get done.
70x12, 130x10 drop 100x6, 130x6 drop 100x6. Should of made the drop lighter than 100.

reverse grip 1 hand push downs w/ cable
90x12 on each arm, and 120x12 on each arm

dumbell preacher curls- for-the-girls
45x10, 60x8

2 sets of bodyweight dips w/ feet in front of me doing my best not to use my chest, 20 reps per set.

finished off w/ hammer strength preacher machine. did 3 pies till failure for 2 sets. 9 reps and 5 reps. I really wouldn't recommend doing 2 different types of preacher curls, but my back was so beat from dead lifts on Saturday that I had to make do. I am taking flex before I go to bed as arm day kills my elbows.

diet
I usually eat whatever I want on Sundays, as long as I get my protein, carbs, some fruit and/or veggies etc.
1am: woke up ridiculously hungry so I ate a low fat yogurt, milk, a few scoops of peanut butter, left over brown rice another ground beef on wheat w/ a bottle of water and was full and returned to bed.
8 am. real gains in milk + oats and uniliver
12:00pm: another big bowl of chilli and animal pak
1pm. 1/2 container of planters cashews and a banana
2pm: Cheat meal - apple turnover-made my day and uniliver
3pm: 20g protein bar and left for gym
drank nitro G in gym
4:30 pm: real gains in milk + oats.
5:15: cheat meal: 20 hot wings from Show mes. It is kinda like hooters.
I have 2 more bowls of chilli and Fruit salad that will be wrapping up my diet for the day.

Pizzalamp
02-17-08, 9:03 pm
hey bro cool u began a journey
try and get a good variety of protein carbs fats in your diet

instead of triscuits id have something like oats or brown rice before my workout

ill be checking in
good luck!

jeff00z28
02-17-08, 9:27 pm
thanks bro. I will research carbs more. I thought anything that is a whole grain is good carbs. I also eat a lot of potatoes.

Pizzalamp
02-17-08, 10:50 pm
thanks bro. I will research carbs more. I thought anything that is a whole grain is good carbs. I also eat a lot of potatoes.

well yeah the triscuits are carbs but theyre not really a quality carb that u would want as workout fuel

jeff00z28
02-18-08, 9:36 pm
Off from the gym today. My whole body is sore.

Tomorrow is chest day.
Wednesday: shoulders and traps
Thursday: legs
Saturday: back

8:am: 1 egg, 1 cup of oatmeal
8:30am: real gains in milk + oats
10:00am: banana
11:30am: 1 pouch of tuna (20g protein)
12:30pm: 20g protein bar
2:00pm: Big steak and a few pieces of baked potatoe
3:00pm: grilled chicken sandwich
4:00: few handfuls of cashews
5:00: 4 baked chicken strips-white meat
6:00:smoothie
9:00:leftover chilli
Going to have 1 more meal-probably just a few yogurts and some milk

jeff00z28
02-19-08, 11:19 pm
hit chest tonight. Set 2 pr's. I haven't set pr's on anything in a months and was slowly losing my bench strength but it shot back up and then some.

Flat dumbell press:
40sx12, stretching at the bottom to warmup. I felt no need for farther warmup.
110sx12, made slowed down at the bottom then blasted them up.
130sx13 (PR), no rest whatsoever into an immediate dropset of 70sx12, waited about 20-30 seconds and did 70x6 and failed. Ears popped on that one but was the best chest set I've done in a while

incline flies
First did 75sx6 on a tall incline, then lowered it to a more flat incline
75x8,75x8

decided to finish off w/the hammer strength wide chest machine, a good machine imo.
3ppsx8
4ppsx6
4 plates and a 25 ps x6 (pr)

diet.
was a strange day. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class for 8 hours straight so Its hard to eat well.
I woke up at 6am for school and was full, forced down real gains in milk + oats at
8:30 banana
10:30: nibbled on a sandwich of Pork tenderloin and wheat bread
11:00 20g protein bar
1:30 finished the sandwhich
2:30: 20g protein bar
3:00 nibbled on another sandwich
5:30 Chicken breast and pieces of potatoes, a few peices of ravioli
7:00 another chicken breast, didnt rly finish it until about 7:45
8:45 gym
10:00 real gains in milk + oats
i have about 8 more chicken breasts and plenty of fruit to last a few days

Tomorrow I am hitting shoulders and hoping to hit another pr on military press.

jeff00z28
02-20-08, 12:49 am
been thinkin about bench ever since that workout. I haven't done a barbell bench since last summer, I kinda forgot it even existed. Not that many ppl seem to do barbell at my gym, I prefer dumbells. I'm thinkin about throwin in barbell the week after next (next week I'll focus on incline press). I have no idea how much I will be able to bench lol but i used to hit pretty good numbers, nothing out of the ordinary tho.

jeff00z28
02-20-08, 10:31 pm
just hit shoulders
listened to Nile-annihilation of the wicked all the way through before the gym to get a good pump.

db overhead military seated
40sx15, 80sx12, 95sx12

side raises
32.5x16
60x10 drop 40x10 drop 27.5x10
70x5 drop 50x5 drop 40x5
I cheat a little on those, not so much a back swing I just don't use the best form on the rly heavy weights. I use those heavy sets more to shock my shoulders then destroy them w/ drop sets of lighter weight. I like to hold the dumbells up for a second on the last few reps. I credit most of my shoulder definition to that excersize

db shrugs
110sx10, 130sx10, 150sx6. The skinny dumbell bars at my gym rly improve grip. I have to use a good amount of chalk for the 150s.

bent over cable raises to hit the rear delts. 1 arm at a time
60x10, 80x10

I usually start out my shoulder workouts like that, Compound exercise, 2 isolations (not counting the shrugs) then another compound. I think drop sets are what make a good shoulder workout.

so next I was planning on barbell but decided to go w/ hammer strength behind the neck press machine instead
2 pps x10, 3pps x 6

smith behind the back shrugs
315x10, 405x6

I would rly like to hit bigger weights w/ military but have never hit over 100s w/o a spot. I see other guys in the gym hitting 110s and 120s all the time and it makes me very jealous lol. On barbell i can't do as much cuzz i always feel like im gunna fall over

Pizzalamp
02-20-08, 11:32 pm
good workout bro
i like it a lot

your shrugs are craaaaazy

jeff00z28
02-21-08, 7:22 pm
thx. I never neglect shrugs, because they help with everything.

jeff00z28
02-22-08, 12:01 am
front squats:
135x10
225x8
275x6
315x4
335x1 not perfect form but kinda surprised myself that i could do it. I've always struggled w/ front squats thats y I've been doing them so much lately.

machine hack squats
2ppsx10
3ppsx8
3 and 1/2 ppsx8 I call a 25 plate a 1/2 pie even tho its not technically 1/2.
4ppsx8
then
Had a barbell on a rack w/ 135 and went over and squatted it for 30.

1 foot leg extension, 2 and 1/2 ppsx6

standing leg curl, 1 set of 12. don't know what weight. My hams stung in a weird way. I will be doing stiff leg deads on my big workout saturday so its no sweat.

I have a big back workout planned for Saturday. I'm gunna start out w/ deads, deads, and more deads. Will end up being 10-12 sets by the time i do s/l and all. Then I plan to do prolly 3-4 sets of t-bar, 2 sets of pulldown. and finish off w/ a big set of dumbell rows w/ a kneww on the bench repping 150 as many times as i can (usually a lot im good on that movement), then immediate drop to 100 and rep that as many times as i can. It will be fun.

Pizzalamp
02-22-08, 12:06 am
wow! impressive front squats

jeff00z28
02-23-08, 4:57 pm
Got back from a good back workout. There were a lot of those punks w/ the tap-out shirts on trying to be tough staring at me and rapping along w/ their music. That kinda stuff gets my blood boiling and gets me motivated.

deadlift
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x1
495x5 or 6. I don't remember I think it was 6 but I'll just call it 5. PR btw I have never repped more than 2.
525x0 Had trouble getting a deep breath, form sucked, couldn't begin the lockout. Couldn't get it. Next week I will do a 3x3 or a 5x5 and then the week after I'll get the 525 for at least 1 rep.
stiff legs, standing on 2 pies. 275x8
Happy about how easy 495 is now but still not near good enough for being in the 230s and caring about strength.

lat pull down. I use good form on these, because I don't see the point in isolating a muscle w/ cables if your not going to isolate them w/ good form.

170x10
It only goes up to 250, so I put it on 250 and then pinned on a 45 plate. 10 reps. Added nitro g to my water.
pinned on another 45 pie. 7 reps.

dumbell rows. was rly exhausted
150x12 for each arm

The colluses (sp?) on my hand are ripped off from doing everything w/o using very much chalk.
That 3x3 routine last week rly helped. I think now that I am not stubborn and trying new routines like 3x3, and next week trying 5x5 or 3x3 again, weights will go up. I need to work on my squat, not sure how much I can do right now since i've been doing only fronts for a few months only to get stronger legs. I need to go buy an mp3 player to block out all of the clowns in my gym that are there to hit on chics and not lift (funny thing is i have never seen one get a number other than maybe once or twice).

jeff00z28
02-24-08, 8:49 pm
good chest workout. Finally bought a new mp3 player so I don't have to work out in Fall out boys music anymore. Been through an Ipod in which i broke the hard drive, replaced it, broke the battery, and broke the logic board when i was replacing the battery, then broke a sandisk sansa. Bought one of those rly small sansa and am wearing it on a necklace, hopefully it stays safe lol. This time I was cautious enough to buy the 2 year replacement plan.

dumbell incline
45sx12, held dumbells at the bottom to stretch, its how I usually warmup chest
65sx12
110sx10
120sx6
80sx16
All of these sets felt rly easy. I just recently started doing these again and this was my first time doing more than 100 dumbells. I relied mainly on flies for my incline movement for a while which was a dumb mistake. I think it is weird because I can't do anything on barbell incline. Most ppl that hit 120s on dumbell have no problem doing sets w/ 275 but if i try 275 on barbell incline I end get pinned under the bar lol. haven't done bb incline in a few months tho maybe I can now but I doubt it. I am the same way w/ military press i just hate barbell lol.

hammer strenght wide grip machine. I don't do this every week, but last week left me wanting to try 5 plates, because it is a good feeling knowing u have defeated a machine lol; it only takes 5 pps. I defeated the leg extension machine, and am rounding the shoulder machine. Some ppl just have a friend sit on the leg extensions but i still feel i have beat the machines lol. i will defeat them all eventually Also an ego booster to feel like ur benching 495 lol.
3ppsx10
4ppsx6
4.5ppsx5
5ppsx3

flat db flies
60xaround 10. dropped a db on my shaker and it xploded. Luckily i didn't add anything yet and it was just tap water lol.
cleaned that up
70x8
70x8

dips. leaned forward to simulate a decline press
bwx20
bwx16
bwx12

Pizzalamp
02-24-08, 9:46 pm
awesome back and chest workout!
your deads were great and those hammer presses were impressive

jeff00z28
02-26-08, 7:29 pm
ya nothing too exciting w/ my training worth posting over the past few days-just more of the same. I have reached/exceeded my goals of 495 on deadlift, 140s on dumbell press, and 315 on the front squat. I now want to go for 405 on front squat, hopefully over 500 on regular squat. 150s on the dumbell press, and 600 on deadlift. w/o setting big goals lifting would be borign. i want to start out w/ going for a 545 deadlift. will keep updated i should have this down in a month or 2 tops

JMC
02-26-08, 9:19 pm
Throwing up some serious weight bro! Good shit...

Pizzalamp
02-27-08, 12:19 am
awesome progress bro

jeff00z28
02-27-08, 1:12 am
thx bros

jeff00z28
02-28-08, 11:12 pm
so ya i trained arms and shoulders over the past few days, same workouts other than I hit 160 on skulls rather than 150 i did last week. Elbows hurt but held up surprisingly well

hit legs tonight and was disappointed w/ my squats. I haven't done em in a long time becuase i enjoy front squats more, but i feel i should squat more weight because my deadlift is turning into something decent. Didn't wanna get to crazy since it was my first day back to regular squats, but i lost a ton of strength on it when i expected it to go up lol. I don't get it...deadlift went way up, front squat went way up...squat way down lol. thats what happens when u don't do em for a while but o well ill get the satisfaction of watching the weights go way back up rly fast. Low on sleep...and there are some kids blasting their subwoofers outside...calling the cops wouldn't give me any satisfaction. I'm thinking about going and getting the hose out and spraying them but i'm afraid it might be frozen lol.

squats
135x12
225x10
315x7
315x5
the sets felt easy but still I think my max would be under 400 right now
threw in a set of fronts just for self esteem
315x3 passed parallel and paused at the bottom. sigh
135x12

hack squat machine
3ppsx8
4ppsx4 or 5

HS lying leg curls
2platesx12
2 and a 35 x6

3 sets of 10 standing curls, dunno what weight

front squats are def more fun imo. Don't hurt my arms, just feel better and made my quads look like they are popping of the bone. But i figure if my squat is that low there is something that needs work. So i'll be doing squats every week for a while, ill prolly just do a few sets of each squat every workout. I don't care about what my 1rm is i just wanna be able to do sets of 495 soon. Tomorrow is off so im goin out. Hittin back Saturday.

jeff00z28
03-01-08, 6:28 pm
hit back

deadlift
135x10
225x6
315x3
405x1
did all those sets as fast as i could kinda like speed deads but not quite that fast
505x2 - not rly a PR in a sense of how much weight, but a pr in how easy it felt
stiff legs
275x8
315x5

HS t-bar rows. I wouldnt rly consider this a machine, it just makes rows better. Its like a barbell attached at one end, and theres a platform u lay ur chest on which makes it impossible to cheat by using ur legs, or lower back.
2 platesx10
4 platesx6
5 plates and a 5lb x 5 or 6, couldn't get it back on the hook so i just dropped it

kept the workout simple. deadlifts and rows. at this point it was over an hour and my back was already destroyed and I got dizzy as i always do where it takes me forever to do things lol. Washing hands takes 5 minutes cuzz i kinda lose hand-eye coordination for a while, then when i sit down and have my shake-now-i feel better. I am thinking about getting more into powerlifting, meaning bench w/ a barbell more, and get that squat up more. I need to find a natural meet sometime. I decided to take my cheat day today instead of my usual Sunday, because there is so much good food around.

jmt92
03-03-08, 7:45 pm
lookin good bro, keep these numbers up.

JMC
03-03-08, 8:00 pm
Good pullin bro! Stiff legs same day as deads...that's some tough shit!

jeff00z28
03-03-08, 8:39 pm
Good pullin bro! Stiff legs same day as deads...that's some tough shit!

ya thx. Aside from hams, stiff legs seem to work upper lats better than regular deadlift. so i usually throw in both.

jeff00z28
03-03-08, 10:33 pm
rly came close to barfin on this one, just felt kinda weird all day

flat dumbell bench
45sx15 to stretch, warm up
110sx12
130x12 drop 75x9 failed on 10
140sx2, finally got those w/o a spot. spotter was there but i had it on my own

incline flies
65sx10
75sx8
75sx6

hammer wide chest again. rly dizzy so i decided against doing dips
3ppsx10
5ppsx not even a full rep

wanted to try calve raises on a smith since i have never done them. didn't like them. I like to just do them holding a barbell behind my back, or use machines

incline barbell press just to kinda end things and because i felt like it
135x20

i had a friend w/ me tonight so we were kinda messing around, but still had some hardcore sets. The db press set w/ the dropset was a killer, flies always are, i was happy about the 140dbsx2.

Thinking about working for a company where i would have to move down in Arkansas, close to memphis because i would make more than i would up here, and cost of living is much less. But it would be a drastic move to live in a rural area when i am used to suburban. I haven't even had an interview yet but i have a good chance of it from what i have been told. honestly my main reason to not want to go is not having a gym nearby. Some ppl might think it is stupid but to me there is more to being successful than just a career, that is only part of it. Its not like i would be dirt broke up here either. dunno big decision if i get the job that is

Pizzalamp
03-05-08, 12:40 am
good workout bro

i hope everything works out for u w/ ya job

jeff00z28
03-05-08, 11:12 pm
good workout bro

i hope everything works out for u w/ ya job

thx bro i pretty much decided i dont want the job down there. too hard to just leave friends, and even harder to not have a gym. I could build a home gym but would still be boring to train alone all the tiem

jeff00z28
03-05-08, 11:30 pm
db military press
40sx16
75sx12
95sx13 (pr by 1 rep on that weight)

db shrugs
110sx10
130sx8
150sx8, kinda sloppy today but held the last rep for like 20 seconds

hs behind the neck press machine-hopefully will have this machine maxed out by the end of the year lol-it only fits 4pps, if i do ill just do smith more, but i prefer the machine since u don't have to do the twist, and its pretty much the same workout.
2ppsx10
3ppsx6
3plates and a 5 ps x5

triceps pushdown
75x12
110x10 abs started to pull, been having ab problems lately-as well as hips-i think i need to do some sort of yoga-type stretching.
switched to 1 hand reverse pushdown on a double pulley (weight feels like much less on the double pulleys than single)
120x10 for each arm.

finished it off w/ 2 sets of 10 on front raises, 1 arm at a time rather than alternating. focused on using good form and not swinging or using lower back like i usually do on these.
45x10
52.5x10

shoulders and tris are my least favorite to train lol. Aside from military press shoulders are just boring and pretty much anything for triceps other than dips and cgbp hurt my elbows bad. I couldn't do those since my chest is still ripped apart from Monday. But yet my shoulders are prolly my biggest bodypart in comparison to other ppl. I measured arms today for the first time in a rly long time and they were close to 18 flexed. I have always dreamed of 18 but now that i almost have them they don't look like much. For a shorter person that is big but on me being 6 '2 i am just not satisfied. My dad has big arm genetics and has had 20 for a long time by only curling 100lbs for a few sets and doing lightweight pushdowns and kickbacks but for me i have caused joint problems to add size to my arms lol. I guess i will never be satisfied lol. Tipped the scale at 236 today but i am starting to get fat and will needing to be hitting the cardio soon lol. thx for tuning in bros

Pizzalamp
03-05-08, 11:41 pm
great workout bro w/ some solid numbers

i hear ya on the elbow pain

obrien.sk
03-07-08, 12:32 pm
nice work goin on here man. throwin up some solid weight. keep the numbers comin.

jeff00z28
03-07-08, 10:47 pm
thx for the support bros

hit legs tonight, I was gunna hit them Sunday, but I wanted to go out and there was nothing going on worth doing. I am very angry at myself for giving in to eating taco bell since my parents were having it. I ate 6 or 7 tacos and a nachos bellgrande, and it definately affected my workout as i felt my stomach churn the whole time. Second time doing regular back squats in a long time, and they sure felt easier this time than last week. I'll be back to 4 plates or more in a month or 2 hopefully.

135x12
225x10
315x10
315x10 all sets were very easy strength wise
front squat 315x1 leaned forward and got an undesired bicep workout so i reracked it.

1 foot leg extensoin
2platesx10 for each leg
2plates and a 25x8
threw on another 10 x6

standign leg curls
1 set of 10 for each leg
1 set of 8

i need to step up my diet a notch, hit the weights less days per week for a change of pace, and add cardio pretty soon. I'm thinkin about gettin back into ridin bmx a once or twice a week for some enjoyable cardio. ppl might think its weird for some1 230 to ride small bikes, but theres actually some big dudes that ride. kevin robinson a pro vert rider is also a natural bodybuilder and is 6 ,0" 195 at competition weight and shreds on a bike. I prolly wont just an idea it would be much better than running like a hampster.

jeff00z28
03-07-08, 10:51 pm
nice work goin on here man. throwin up some solid weight. keep the numbers comin.

got some good numbers urself bro

Pizzalamp
03-08-08, 12:17 am
ooo i steer clear of taco bell actually never had it

the racing sounds cool

obrien.sk
03-08-08, 3:15 am
got some good numbers urself bro

thanks man the support always helps.

jeff00z28
03-08-08, 4:55 pm
ooo i steer clear of taco bell actually never had it

the racing sounds cool

not so much racing just riding trails, although I did race from age 10-12. I used to ride motocross too. And taco bell is delicious for an off day cheat meal, but the meat is just some pasty meat mix mixed in water and not quality ground beef. so its hard to hang on to lol

thanks man the support always helps.

no prob

jeff00z28
03-08-08, 5:03 pm
took advice in my deadlift thread and decided to take this week off of deadlift.

hs t-bar row machine
2 platesx12
3 platesx10
4 platesx8
5 and a 10x5, managed to get it back on the hook this time. I love that machine its like the best upper lat workout ever i need to take a pic of it to show it, its not rly a machine just a smarter way to do t-bar rows if its available.

reverse grip pulldowns
140x10
210x10
250x10

alternating dumbell curls, straight up to shoulder not crossed or anything.
45sx16 (total for both arms combined)
60x16
70x10

seated cable rows
210x10
295 (pinned on a 45)- 5 and 1/2 reps. tried my best not to use lower back since i was tryin to give it rest.

hs preacher machine
2platesx10
3platesx6

obrien.sk
03-08-08, 8:28 pm
curlin 70's shit man. nice back workout, hope you have the chance again to do deads next week. those are my fav, hard to pass up, but i read your other thread so its understandable.

jeff00z28
03-09-08, 12:09 am
curlin 70's shit man. nice back workout, hope you have the chance again to do deads next week. those are my fav, hard to pass up, but i read your other thread so its understandable.

thanks they are one of my fav as well

jeff00z28
03-10-08, 11:49 pm
Monday = gym is packed. the only day its rly that crowded. I kind of prefer it to be crowded cuzz it gives me this weird uncomfortable feeling of being surrounded by people and for some reason makes the workout better.

Incline db press
45s x around 25 to stretch/warmup
75sx12
110sx10
120sx5...meh

flat db flies
60sx10
70sx8
70sx8

dips
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

single pulley triceps pushdowns. i dunno y these are lower than my skull crushers. meh who cares
70x12
110x12
140x8

pretty basic intense workout. completed it in around 45 min. I might go down to springfield, mo (3 hour drive) to go to a buddy's college this weekend so i gotta plan my training around it. this could also be the break i need.

jeff00z28
03-10-08, 11:54 pm
the weird kind is completely gone that i mentioned in my deadlift thread. I am unsure y but all of a sudden today I have not had to wiggle around to pop my back at all. I popped it a few times but it wasn't as bad. thats a relief

Pizzalamp
03-10-08, 11:57 pm
good!!

jeff00z28
03-12-08, 10:57 pm
no db presses because i straight up didn't feel like it. figured id save the energy for some more isolation

hs simulated behind the neck press machine
1 plate and 2 10s per side x15 - whoever was on failed to cleanup after themselves so i just used that.
2ppsx10
3ppsx6
3plate and a 10 psx3- i don't think ive done that high before but i usually don't do the machine first

db shrugs
100sx10
120sx10
150sx9

db side raises
32.5s x12
45s x20
65sx5 (sloppy) drop 37.5x10

rear side delt raises w/ cable. 1 arm at a time
70x10
80x8. Cables are obviously waaay off on one of the parts of the cable machine. I doubt Ronnie Coleman would even do 80 (for real 80) if he did it lol.

db front raises 1 arm at a time
45x10
guy took my weight
47.5x10.

was gunna do BB shrugs but my back was dead from using it to stabilze all those isolation exercises and not wearing a belt. My back has been less stiff since I've been more conservative about weight lately, but then again after all I didn't get from 15x to 23x by being conservative w/ weight and obsessing over form. New 2gb sansa was a good investment. they were playing the whiniest emo music I've heard in a while and now that i have a rly small mp3 player I don't have to worry about breaking it so much since its on a necklace. Cut back on calories slightly because i added to much fat but im pretty much back to normal.

Pizzalamp
03-12-08, 11:20 pm
wow strong hammer presses

jeff00z28
03-13-08, 11:56 pm
horrible workout. I don't normally have "off days," but today i felt terrible. I did the best i could.

squats
135x12
225x10
315x10
335x6
front squat 225x12

hs leg curls
2 platesx10
threw on a 25 x6

yep that was it.

i am not happy w/ this workout and it will be made up for. The squats weren't that bad but i was planning to do 2 more sets, and i wanted to do another set of leg curls then do standing ones.. Went to a job fair today and had way too much on my mind, ran our of animal pak and uniliver and had to take a single men's daily pill. huge difference in the workout. Took my week off of deadlift and will be hitting d/l again saturday so i am excited about that

jeff00z28
03-13-08, 11:58 pm
wow strong hammer presses

thx bro. machines are fun

jeff00z28
03-15-08, 5:28 pm
135x6
225x6
315x5 speed
405x1
5x5: 455x5, 455x5, 455x5, 455x5, 455x5

i was kinda worried cuzz 405 felt heavy, then the first set of 455 felt rly heavy, but sets 2-3 felt easier, 4 set not too bad. Last set i didn't quite lockout the 5th rep. good enough for bodybuilding but if it was a powerlifting contest that rep would be no good. I was hoping to do dumbell rows but didn't wanna risk back injury. I haven't done a workout w/ a buncha dumbell rows in over a month, and they are one of my strongest movement. next week i will do them frescheezie lol. Didn't eat much so far today cuzz i was nervous and had no appetite, but now i just made me a big protein shake w/ oats, about 70-80 grams of protein prolly. still out of supplements other than 17 more packets of nitro g and 1 flex. I don't think I'll have trouble hitting 600 on deads by 2009. the exercise just comes easy to me. some other stuff doesn't come so easy tho like squats

I forgot to mention that 5x5 was HARD.

obrien.sk
03-16-08, 11:53 am
nice deadlift man. those 5x5 look ridiculous. you'll hit 600 if you want it bad enough.

jeff00z28
03-16-08, 12:13 pm
nice deadlift man. those 5x5 look ridiculous. you'll hit 600 if you want it bad enough.

ya that was the hardest workout ive had in a while. it took me about 5 minutes to get out of bed today lol

jeff00z28
03-17-08, 11:06 pm
flat dumbell press
40sxaround 25 stretching for 10 seconds every few reps
110sx10
130sx8
140sx3 pr

incline flies
60sx10
75sx6
75sx6
75sx6

cable crossovers
75psx16
75psx12
i rly hate cable crossovers

calf raises
standing machine, dunno the weight about 260
x20
x12
x12
x12

i want those 150s on the db press

jeff00z28
03-19-08, 11:09 pm
not a good workout but wasn't horrible either. i just lifted less weights than I usually can but mostly because of some stabilizers were not healed all the way

seated dumbell military
37.5sx16
70sx10
100sx0 lost my balance on the liftoff
95sx3 then lost balance

side raises, not much rest in between
30sx12
50sx12
50sx12

hs behind the neck press machine
2 pps x 10
2 plates and a 25 ps x10
2 plates and a 25 ps x10

db front raises, 1 arm at a time
2 sets of 45x10

jeff00z28
03-21-08, 9:56 pm
squats
135x10
225x10
335x6
335x6
I feel like im almost ready to start going heavier. I been focusing more on going rly low. It doesn't feel like im goin that low but then i look in the mirror and i am passed parallel-prolly cuzz im more concerned w/ whats on top of me rather than under me. If i could just do a few sets of 6-8 w/ 405 in a few months I'd be happy. I don't care about 1rm at this point because anything under 500 isn't rly impressive for my weight imo (not to offend any1, i just see it too often to be impressed w/ it).
front squats
225x10
275x6

hs lying leg curls
2 plates x10
2 and a 25x6
2 and a 25x5

1 foot standing leg curls
2 sets of 10 unsure of weight. I may try dumbell leg curls next week or the next, i have never done those and they look hard.

jeff00z28
03-29-08, 5:49 pm
haven't posted much cuzz lately cuzz i need parts for both my computers for them to run and haven't ordered em yet. it is kinda weird that the power supply went out in one computer and the motherboard in the other on the same day, or just the worst luck ever. ill stop the nerd talk

sweet back session, new pr by far
deadlift
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x3
495x1
525x1 pr
545x1 pr, haven't done a one rep set in over 3 months i think other than for warmups, i completely shocked myself and am stoked. i rly don't care about 1rm that much i just like going heavy on deadlift because it is most impressive to me when other people go heavier, and it seems more effective than doing 10-12 reps bouncing them off the floor
that is my first time doing more than 505 all the way from the floor i think. pulling from the knees is easier for me cuzz i think the hard part is switching from the hamstring part to the back part.

then did the hs t-bar row machine
2platesx10
3platesx8
4platesx6
5platesx5

Pizzalamp
03-29-08, 7:50 pm
woah!!! awesome job!

congrats on the prs!!

obrien.sk
03-30-08, 12:59 pm
dude congrats on the new PR. i agree with the 1RM ideal. you could hit 600 within this year man, easy. keep it up.

jeff00z28
03-31-08, 9:41 am
thanks guys i am still shocked, forgot to mention i did 2 SLDL too. in 4 weeks whenever i do another heavy day, ill throw on 6 plates on my last set and just see what happens.

jeff00z28
04-04-08, 2:03 pm
flat db press
40sx15 stretching at bottom
110sx10
130sx6
140sx4 (pr)
150sx0

incline flies
3 sets 70sx10

hs wide chest
3pps x8
4pps x6
5pps x2

incline barbell
135x16

standing calf raises on a machine 200x15 for 4 sets

jeff00z28
04-04-08, 2:05 pm
front squat
135x10
225x8
315x3
335x1
365x1 (pr, easy)
225x3

hs lying leg curls
2 plates x 8, 3 sets w/ hardly any rest in between.

hs extenstions
4 platesx8, short rest 4 platesx8,
5 platesx8

1 leg standing leg curls on hs machine.
60x10
90x6
90x6

jeff00z28
04-04-08, 10:22 pm
seated db press
37.5sx15
supersetted w/ side raises
70sx10
30sx10
70sx10
30sx10
70sx10
30sx10
no rest only took like 2 minutes top

hs presses
2 ppsx10
3 ppsx3 drop 2ppsx6

db shrugs
100sx10
130sx8
150sx8

front raises
42.5 db x10 for each arm

behind the neck smith shrugs
2ppsx16
3ppsx8

calf raises
200x20
200x15
200x15 not much rest

i been doing shoulder workouts where i don't do much rest and just do kinda what i feel like. shoulders are so boring to train for some reason imo so i just switch it up a lot. my shoulders are like unproportionally (if thats a word) big most ppl say, so i guess it doesn't matter

jeff00z28
04-05-08, 6:34 pm
kinda did whatever i felt like
db incline
40sx15 stretching
80sx10
110sx10
125sx3 or 4 w/ a spotter

flat flies
60sx10
75sx8
75sx5

bw dips
3 x 12

skull crushers
2 quick sets of 95x12

barbell incline 135x16

hs incline machine
3pps x 7, 2ppsx12

reverse grip 1 hand push downs
80x10, 110x8, 130x3

Maharg
04-05-08, 10:24 pm
I have decided if you make the next ABC, to get you to say a couple words out in the open. And if that works, maybe we can get you to crack a smile.

jeff00z28
04-06-08, 6:45 pm
lol. felt weird because i never met any1 b4 that

jeff00z28
07-31-08, 3:33 pm
i stopped posting for a while because my training began to get repetitive. A lot has changed since my last log. i have graduated from Ranken (2 year tech college) and now only have to go to school 4 hours a week at a normal university and not at all untill October. I work full time up until a week 2 weeks ago, when wachovia, a gay company that fired 10k people ditched me-no reason given, but i hated the job, i should have a job lined up, that is better and pays more anyway. Right now im just doing all the side work i can until i start. My training is different, i have learned new things. I went on a cut for a few months. I can't do some of the same stuff because I hurt my wrist "arm" wrestling at a graduation party, i put arm in quotes because apparently arm wrestling involves a fat guy throwing w/ his lats and using his whole bodyweight. i pretended it didn't hurt, it was a few months ago, dumb mistake, it will be all better eventually and it kinda helped me because it forces me to use perfect form on my pressing movements now so i don't keep hurting it again. I felt i made better progress while i kept up a log previously.

tuesday: chest
incline dumbell press
42.5sx20
65sx10
110sx8
120sx4

tate presses (2nd time doing these, first time i did them i got an amazing, pump, this time they just kinda felt like skull crushers)
27.5sx10
35sx10
40sx10
42.5sx10

hammer strength wide chest press
3ppsx10
4ppsx6
5ppsx4

incline flies
65sx10
75sx8
80sx5

superset of flat dumbell press and dips w/ no rest, i usually try for 3 or more on all my supersets but then again i usually don't do 14 sets b4 them.
80sx10, bwx10. 80sx10, bwx10 (hard)

reverse grip pushdowns 1 arm at a time
70x12
110x10 (at least thats what the cables say)

today-shoulders
hammer strenght bhtn press
1ppsx12
2ppsx10
2pps and a 25x8
3pps and a 5x4

db side raises
30sx16
40sx12
52.5x10
60x5 drop 32.5x12

bent over cable rear delt raises-1 arm at at time
55x10
75x6

db overhead press
52.5sx12
80sx10 (ripped one while flipping up the dbs and it messed me up lol)

standing calve raises, i don't even know lol i did about 6 sets of 15-25 real fast working up to 320 w/ my heels together on a hs machine

can't do hard bicep workouts cuzz of my wrist, so i threw in some hammers
32.5sx20 (totalling both arms)
45sx16
60sx12
70sx10

doing deadlift on saturday, and I am really considereing entering this deadlift contest in a few months and think i would have a good chance in it as i will weigh under 220 and it is only for college students. there is a bench contest too but i hardly ever do bench lately so i will get smoked by 400+ benchers

Maharg
07-31-08, 3:37 pm
Good to see you posting again. Yea, arm wrestling scares the hell out of me because so many people tear their biceps that way. And don't feel bad about farting doing shoulder presses, it better then doing it during legs.

jeff00z28
08-02-08, 6:07 pm
Good to see you posting again. Yea, arm wrestling scares the hell out of me because so many people tear their biceps that way. And don't feel bad about farting doing shoulder presses, it better then doing it during legs.

ya fo sho

jeff00z28
08-02-08, 6:13 pm
doing bill star or w/e its called for d/l

deadlift
135x10
225x6
315x4
405x1
495x2
9 sets of 3 w/ 335 and short rest. (meant to do 8 but i fail at counting)

it didn't rly feel like i was working myself very hard, but i guess thats the point. every1 says they got good results w/ the routine. its supposed to help condition u so u can go longer w/o fatigue from what i read

shrugs, i like to hold them at the top for a second
225x10
315x10
365x8

1 arm db rows
70x10
100x10
150x8

i shall return to the gym monday. went up to a supplement store and a buddy gave me a huge expired thing of protein for free :D.

Maharg
08-02-08, 11:39 pm
doing bill star or w/e its called for d/l

deadlift
135x10
225x6
315x4
405x1
495x2
9 sets of 3 w/ 335 and short rest. (meant to do 8 but i fail at counting)

it didn't rly feel like i was working myself very hard, but i guess thats the point. every1 says they got good results w/ the routine. its supposed to help condition u so u can go longer w/o fatigue from what i read

shrugs, i like to hold them at the top for a second
225x10
315x10
365x8

1 arm db rows
70x10
100x10
150x8

i shall return to the gym monday. went up to a supplement store and a buddy gave me a huge expired thing of protein for free :D.

Free shit is always nice. Some big bells your rowing. I wish my gym was so nice.

jeff00z28
08-04-08, 1:06 am
Free shit is always nice. Some big bells your rowing. I wish my gym was so nice.

ya im kinda glad our db's stop at 150 otherwise id prolly try to go rly heavy and twist my spine.

jeff00z28
08-04-08, 10:29 pm
chest day aka boring day. its monday so the gym is of course PACKED and every1 is doing bench and dumbell bench/incline w/ 1/4-1/2 ROM. always full of lols. I decided to hit triceps twice this week so ill do a few sets again shoulders day. 3rd interview for a company this morning hopefully i get the job, they asked if i could lift servers and laserjet printers into a truck if i ever needed to and i lol'd but at the same time it bothered me that they couldn't tell i worked out, i did have a suitcoat on though.

dumbell incline:
32.5sx25
70sx10
110sx8
120sx7or8 w/ a spotter.

tate press: (i love these)
30sx12
40sx10
45sx10
50sx8

cable crossover:
60psx16
85psx12

dips
bwx20
bwx20
bwxfail at 16

incline flies:
65sx10
65sx10

legs tomorrow.

jeff00z28
08-05-08, 3:36 pm
front squats (last week im gunna do them for a while, keep getting weaker and weaker mainly cuzz ive done them too long and they are boring now). i don't lock out on any type of squat usually. i hit 365 on em a few months ago and was stoked, but it was in the wider rack and i guess standing wide rly makes u that much stronger
135x10
225x8
275x3
335xWTF

machine hacks
2ppsx10
3ppsx8

rly close stance squats(feet less than 6 inches apart, i can almost touch the ground i can go so low this way) SS with hs leg extensions and no rest
135x10, 1 and a 25x10, 135x10, 1 and a 25x10, 135x10, 1 and a 25x7, 1 plate to finish the 10

weak numbers i know, but they get the job done and then some

lying leg curls
1px10
2px10
2 and a 25x10

that was it i like to do sldl but i didn't because i am gong to d/l again prolly monday or tuesday instead of waiting 2 weeks like ive been diong

Maharg
08-05-08, 3:54 pm
Still looks like a hard leg day. Gonna change the routine around some?

jeff00z28
08-05-08, 3:59 pm
Still looks like a hard leg day. Gonna change the routine around some?

ya ill prolly basically switch places w/ front squats and squats. like ill do heavier squats at the beginning but then use light front squats w/ 135 when i superset at the end.

jeff00z28
08-08-08, 3:13 am
up late due to recent sleep issues.

shoulders

seated db press
32.5sx20
70sx16
90sx10

hammer strength bhtn press
2ppsx16x10,8,6,4. about 15 seconds of rest

strict standing bb military 135x20

db shrugs
100sx10
130sx10
150sx6

bhtb smith shrugs
2ppsx10
3ppsx8
3 and a 25x6

front raises
37.5sx10, then the other arm for 10
52.5sx8....

standing machine calf raises
220x20
260x20
300x16 3 sets

jeff00z28
08-08-08, 3:21 pm
y r u banned maharg?

skull crushers
60x12, elbows hurt to bad so i did tate press again. im gunna try skulls w/ dumbells next time
35sx12
40sx10
45sx10
50sx10

hammer curls
32.5x24(both arms totalled)
45sx16
60sx16
70sx12

push downs
80x12
110x12
140x a few then i snapped the bar. gashed my thumb and it went thru the nail and bruised it pretty good, and scraped across my fingers cutting my knuckles. i was dizzy. the gym said they will see if i can get a free membership for a month. ill check up on that in a few days and make sure i get it. its not rly that bad but it ruined my workout and ill prolly be out a few days so i deserve at least $15 for that.

1/2 hour later after filling out an injury report tried preacher curls w/ dumbells and hammer grip
45x10
52.5x8

dizzy and hand hurt, left

jeff00z28
08-10-08, 6:07 pm
thumb was excruciating. took 2 painkillers (i don't condone to drugs but i never took them when i had my wisdom teeth out) and drilled holes in my fingernail, rly dark brown with a tint of blue and grey squirted out everywhere and the pain was almost instantly relieved. it didn't hurt that bad when i the thing broke, it was like a pressure build up of blood under the nail.

chest
i am hitting chest twice this week like a beachboy

incline dumbells
32.5sx25
70sx10
110sx8
120sx8 w/o a spot (pr)
70sx20

hammer strength wide press
3ppsx10
4ppsx6
5ppsx4 (wanted 6 so i could have 2 prs today)

flat flies
65sx10
65sx10

i was exhausted today for some reason. back tomorrow and hopefully i get a frkn job this week i feel so worthless

jeff00z28
08-11-08, 2:58 pm
back

deadlift
135x10
225x6
315x4
405x1
5 sets of 5 w/ 475, was super easy other than forgetting a long sleeve shirt and cutting up my forearms bad on my belt. shoulda went 495. o well tho the skin needs to be toughened up like my shins are from being hit w/ bike pedals so many times that deadlifts barely hurt them
wanted to do rows but i figured it would be better if i didn't

Maharg
08-11-08, 7:12 pm
Awesome dead day. Hella more then i can do, and for sets is impressive.

Maharg
08-11-08, 7:20 pm
y r u banned maharg?

I got caught in the middle of some really dumb stuff and something i posted as a joke got me into some trouble.

elbows hurt to bad so i did tate press again. im gunna try skulls w/ dumbells next time

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=300&pid=1414 Say hello to the cure of your elbow problems. My elbows hurt pretty bad on some movements, like skullcrushers and i bought those. I slip them on during heavy sets, and the pain just disappears. might seem a bit much, but once you wear them you will love them.

jeff00z28
08-11-08, 11:47 pm
niiice maybe ill add that to the other big list of stuff i need to buy. bigger gym bag, new shaker, singlet if i do that contest. and im gunna break down and buy straps specifically for barbell rows

Maharg
08-11-08, 11:52 pm
niiice maybe ill add that to the other big list of stuff i need to buy. bigger gym bag, new shaker, singlet if i do that contest. and im gunna break down and buy straps specifically for barbell rows

You cant use the sleeves in contest, but they help alot in the gym. And you dont get your shakers for free?

Check to see if there is a Food-4-less near you, they always give away free shakers. If nothing else, if we both make it to a ABC in the near future i will bring you a dozen. I got a drawer full of them.

jeff00z28
08-12-08, 12:20 am
You cant use the sleeves in contest, but they help alot in the gym. And you dont get your shakers for free?

Check to see if there is a Food-4-less near you, they always give away free shakers. If nothing else, if we both make it to a ABC in the near future i will bring you a dozen. I got a drawer full of them.

niiice ya i had some free ones but i left them in the gym so lol sounds good. i prolly won't do bench just deadlift only. ill prolly do a full pl meet eventually i just need more than 2 months to get ready for one.

jeff00z28
08-13-08, 11:39 pm
went to a new gym yesterday, they said i could come back to lift for free this week. going tomorrow. i will prolly join and be a member at both gyms since this one is 10 miles farther than my usual. I got a job where i work 12 hour shifts, so work 4 days one week and 3 the next, so i will prolly be going to the hardcore gym on off days and club fitness on work days since its close. my break is included in the pay and i start at 4am, so its not rly that much different than a normal persons day only starting a few hours earlier. + will make it easy w/ all one night of school i have

hit shoulders today, when i join this new gym i wanna learn to push press real heavy. ill prolly have to start out pretty low but it will be worth it.

shoulders:
side raises:
32.5sx20
40sx12
50sx10
60sx5,40sx8,27.5sx7

db shrugs
100sx10
130sx8
150sx8

hammer strength shoulder press, need to stop doing this so much
2ppsx10
2 and a 15x8
threw on another 25ps and x5

seated db military press
3 sets of 80sx12

calve raises, 5 sets. 25,20,15,12,30

jeff00z28
08-16-08, 7:20 pm
legs
didn't rly have anything planned, i might do that westside barbell stuff when i join this new gym (tomorrow). i will be going to both gyms, i am just sick of the club music and emo music and "fitness" attitude at my gym. im gunna tell every1 who lifts for real about the other gym. im hoping they let u control the radio, then i will be in there w/ the keycard at 1 am blasting some cannibal corpse w/ the gym to myself lol

front squats
135x10
225x8

hack squats
2ppsx10
3ppsx8
4ppsx3 2 sets

lying leg curls
1platex12
2platex10
2 and a 25x6

feet 6 inches apart atg squat alternating w/ standing leg curls
135x10, 10 reps per leg on leg curls
225x10, 10 reps per leg on leg curls
275x10, 10 reps per leg on leg curls

Maharg
08-16-08, 7:25 pm
Lol, i love my gym. Its a private gym, and just the other day i spent a hour and ahalf blasting Slipknot at full blast and no one to say i couldnt.

mcbeast
08-16-08, 7:52 pm
Lol, i love my gym. Its a private gym, and just the other day i spent a hour and ahalf blasting Slipknot at full blast and no one to say i couldnt.

which gym?

Bro,sick numbers! All which i hope to attain within the next year! Keep it up!

jeff00z28
08-16-08, 9:02 pm
niiiice, my parents don't understand y im paying more for a ghetto looking gym that smells. but i think of it as paying to not have certain things. I am paying to not have pretty boys, not have techno music, etc. also they will have tons of 100lb plates, rather than have managers mad that i brought chalk, they provide chalk. Deadlift platform. Rather than jsut haveing squat racks they have power cages. I didn't see a monolift in there but im not at a level to where i would need one. i didn't see chains in there either but since theres a power lifting team there they gotta have em somewhere, if not ill just buy my own. Also being around people squatting and deadlifting prolly 7-800+ and benching 500 + will help me get to a new level

which gym?

Bro,sick numbers! All which i hope to attain within the next year! Keep it up!

thanks dude. from looking ur log it seems like that wouldn't be hard to do

mcbeast
08-16-08, 10:01 pm
thanks dude. from looking ur log it seems like that wouldn't be hard to do

Thanks man.Im sure your maxin over a 525 dead tho right?
How long have you been training?

jeff00z28
08-17-08, 2:35 am
Thanks man.Im sure your maxin over a 525 dead tho right?
How long have you been training?

i hit 565 and it felt like i had a decent amount more in me so i figure i am at 585 or so. i dropped the ego and stopped maxing out everytime i do deadlift so it may have gone up. i trained about a year or so undedicated, but training for real for almost 2. I am around 6 feet 2 which usually helps for deadlift.

mcbeast
08-17-08, 8:49 am
i hit 565 and it felt like i had a decent amount more in me so i figure i am at 585 or so. i dropped the ego and stopped maxing out everytime i do deadlift so it may have gone up. i trained about a year or so undedicated, but training for real for almost 2. I am around 6 feet 2 which usually helps for deadlift.

Some can argue on that,im 5 6 and its great for deadlifts.Ive suffered two setbacks/injuries for my deadlift.Or im sure i would be around 585 by now.

jeff00z28
08-17-08, 1:19 pm
Some can argue on that,im 5 6 and its great for deadlifts.Ive suffered two setbacks/injuries for my deadlift.Or im sure i would be around 585 by now.

ahhh that sucks ive had nothing serious happen so far thankfully. niiiice

mcbeast
08-17-08, 1:45 pm
ahhh that sucks ive had nothing serious happen so far thankfully. niiiice

Haha yes.Hopefully by age 22 with nature giving me a kick in the ass ill be rippin up 700.

jeff00z28
08-17-08, 4:42 pm
niiiice. ditto

jeff00z28
08-17-08, 9:14 pm
easy arms and calves workout
tate press
25sx16
35sx12
45sx12
55sx10

pushdown (at a different gym w/o the bar breaking on me this time lol)
110x10
130x10
145x5

db hammer preacher curls
45x12
55x8
55x8

skullcrushers only w/ dumbells w/ a hammer grip, they were waaaay harder than w/ an ez-bar, but hurt elbows less. first time i tried them
45sx12
55sx8
55sx8

precher machine
2platesx12
3platesx10

seated calv raises.
I went to my friends pretty boy gym and hte seat like rocked back w/ u and it messed me up a lot lol. so i moved to the smith

2ppsx20
3ppsx16 (2 sets)

starting my new gym tuesday.

Maharg
08-17-08, 9:27 pm
Sounds like a pretty bitching gym you got man, hope you enjoy it.

jeff00z28
08-17-08, 9:28 pm
Sounds like a pretty bitching gym you got man, hope you enjoy it.

ya i googled the name and found some videos of it on youtube.

you can't see much but u can at least see that its not a lame fitness center lol

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=powerbody+usa&search_type=&aq=f

i don't know who the guys are, but i think ive seen one or 2 of em at club fitness b4

Maharg
08-17-08, 9:37 pm
Looks like some strong dudes. Kinda of hole in teh wall gym.

Looks like home.

jeff00z28
08-19-08, 10:12 pm
back at the new gym

wasn't going to deadlift tonight, but i decided to because they have a sweet place to deadlift.
took it easy, but not that easy.

deadlifts of around 4.5-5 inches of mats. i stopped about 2 seconds on all reps
135x8, 225x6, 315x5, 405x2, 455x2, 475x2, 510x1

bb shrugs
245x10 (100lb plates)
335x8 2 sets

1 arm dumbell rows
2 sets of 10 w/ a 120. this gym has like 3 sets of dumbells but they only go to 120, that and i didn't see a hack squat, might not have had a smith either. But i still like it better. I dunno its like i can't have one gym or the other. The commercial gym has more cardio and stuff, and a hammer strenght line and girls lol. But the new gym has chains and boards and reverse hyper extension and all the powerlifting stuff. I'll prolly go to club fitness for arms and stuff but powerbody usa for the important days

jeff00z28
08-19-08, 10:18 pm
i meant i was standing on the mats, the barbell was on the ground

jeff00z28
08-21-08, 12:52 am
was gunna use tonight to sleep since i got about 3 hours last nigh staring cuzz i couldn't sleep. went to bed at 9 and couldn't sleep again so i went to the gym at around 10:45. i decided to BARBELL bench lol, first time in over a year. not as good as i did when i went to ranken the first year and a buncha ppl benched 3x per week including me lol

i was alone in the gym on an awkward bench in a power rack. i had no idea what i should lift and was anxious between sets. i pumped out all the sets pretty easy other than the last 225
135x10
185x8
225x6
275x4
295x4
225x5, 225x5, 225x4

i am going to work on my bench over the next few months.

incline db press, the bench i was using was weird
80sx10
120sx3

dips
bw 3x12

jeff00z28
08-23-08, 4:26 pm
hit legs at the ol' club fitness i like to switch back and forth between the 2 gyms for fun. doing shoulders at the new gym tomorrow. bought a sweet inzer gym bag.

hack squat machine, a little past parallel, it doesn't let u go atg
1ppsx10
2ppsx8
3ppsx6
4ppsx5
4 and a 10ppsx3
4 and a 25ppsx2

lying leg curls
1platex10
2platesx8
thew on a 25x5

superset w/o rest. It hurt.
squats about 6-8 inches between heels going rly fast, atg and not locking out, and leg extensions on a HS machine w/ a 45 and a 25
225x8
leg extentionsx8
135x12
leg extentionsx8
135x12
leg extentionsx8

calve raise machine. rested about 4 minutes between these sets im not gunna lie lol
200x20
260x20
300x20

i wish i had calves. my arms are way bigger than my calves, i haven't measured but my forearms might be bigger than them too

mcbeast
08-23-08, 4:27 pm
Nice work! That no rest set looked brutal!

jeff00z28
08-23-08, 4:33 pm
thanks ya it was fun, i like that light headed kinda feeling. i am trying box squats next week. my new gym has all of that stuff. i might try some of the other bars too like the cambered bars that are for squat

mcbeast
08-23-08, 4:35 pm
Awesome man,enjoy.

Mizzarler
08-23-08, 4:45 pm
been eading your journey your puttin up some heavy numbers keep it up man, crazy deads!

jeff00z28
08-23-08, 5:03 pm
been eading your journey your puttin up some heavy numbers keep it up man, crazy deads!

thx man. deadlift came ez to me. now i need to get a squat to match! then maybe ill be ready for a contest. i like doing bodybuilding but being on stage wouldn't be for me thats y im going to make the change

i can't do that wabdl deadlift contest now because i decided not to go to school this semester and u ahve to be a student. my work asked me to work 2pm-2pm instead of my 4am-4pm and i am going to tell them eff ya (thinking about how awesome life will be w/ that sleep schedule) and all of those days off. i got my associates and a job on IT help desk at the panera corporate offices where they plan to promote me to system admin or another higher position when i work on help desk a couple years and learn all their proprietary software. thats enough for now lol and i would rather work hard than study and get a degree that might not even help me. /nerd talk

jeff00z28
08-24-08, 10:59 pm
chest/shoulders at my new gym, no one was there so i went lookin for the radio and popped a suicidal tendencies cd in
bench, experimented
135x10
225x8
275x2
315x1
330xdidn't get the lockout and dumped it, also didn't quite touch my chest, maybe next week
225x10 wide grip
225x8 close grip
much easier than last week

db side raises
35sx12
40sx10
50sx8

db front raises, 1 arm at a time then switch arms
45sx8
60sx6

tried out face pulls
70x12, waaay too light
130xdidn't count. This still felt too light, i would stop at the back and hold it and feel it working my delts, but I don't see how ppl do these, the cable just pulls me forward. it was more of a toe workout to hold myself in place

db military
80sx12
80sx10

jeff00z28
08-26-08, 10:25 pm
went to club fitness, it gave me a headache. i haven't been at my usually 8pm in a few weeks cuzz i was working out during the day when out of a job, then joined powerbody usa. my crowd i knew is gone. i was hoping to catch some ppl to tell them about pb usa and how it doesn't have all the bs. the gym staff keeps looking at me wierd, i think they fear i might try to sue them for my messed up purple thumb

skinny guys were everywhere. i had to hear ridiculous music, a cover song of "beat it," that song where it keeps saying "anal lie" or at least it sounds like by n sync. skinny guys buzzing around "i would be stronger than that if i jsut took steroids," "ronnie coleman is nothing special, he just took steroids any1 can do that." Club fitness got what they want, a gym full of idiots.

arms/calves ez day
tate press
30sx10
40sx10
47.5sx10
52.5sx10

db hammer curls
35sx24(totals)
52.5sx16
65sx16
75sx8

dip machine
2ppsx10
3ppsx10
4ppsx10
threw on 25s, x8

standing hs calf raises feet together
200x30
260x25
300x16
360x12, 200x20

hammer db curls in preacher
45x10
52.5x10
60x6

still can't do bb or ez-bar curls, i miss them

Maharg
08-26-08, 10:34 pm
Sucks bro get feeling better. Still not a bad day. Calves can always use some focus.

jeff00z28
08-26-08, 10:38 pm
ya especially my calves. im just kinda sick of hammer curls lol, thats all ive done for bicesps in a few months. im plannign to hit deadlift and squat in the same day later this week, im thinkin ill try box squats, never done thm b4 and my new gym has like 10 different boxes, including that RAW box... nah actually i was lying about that lol

Maharg
08-26-08, 10:41 pm
ya especially my calves. im just kinda sick of hammer curls lol, thats all ive done for bicesps in a few months. im plannign to hit deadlift and squat in the same day later this week, im thinkin ill try box squats, never done thm b4 and my new gym has like 10 different boxes, including that RAW box... nah actually i was lying about that lol

I am lucky, my calves arent bad, but they could be alot better. Standing calves are my new best friend. And oh well about the raw box. It would be kool though.

But if you did have it i would be scared to use it.
#1, it could not be that smooth, and get a splinter where you really dont want it.
#2, it is smooth and varnished, and after getting good and sweaty, you just slip right off.

jeff00z28
08-26-08, 10:46 pm
+ other ppls balls have been there. could get an std.

jeff00z28
08-28-08, 9:54 pm
back

deadlifts
135x6, 245x6, 335x3, 435x2, 525x1, 565x1 ez, 585x0 -the bad news is i didn't get it when i know i can, the good news is the guy that owns the gym came up to me and said my form was all wrong and i basically almost SLDL'd 585 and should be able to do over 600 easily if i corrected my form.

t-bar rows, from the ground now those chest supported machines i used to use got to be too uncomfortable, they are for short ppl so the pad goes into my small intestines
2platesx10
4platesx8 2 sets

tried hyper extensions. it was an old school one where u put a strap around ur feet and lean over a bench. i felt tall after the sets as i was told i would
2 25 plates, 2 sets of 20

jeff00z28
08-30-08, 3:59 pm
ez shoulders/calves day. ez cuzz im gunna bench again monday or tuesday, and bench basically is a shoulder day for me. i guess not rly ez just not that many sets

shoulders at old gym, still go there sometimes for ez workouts so i can save gas
hs btn press machine
1ppsx20
2ppsx10
3ppsx5
threw on 10s and x2, PR (i think, might have done that once b4)

bent over size raises 1 arm at a time
who knows what the exact weights are on these lol, scientists conducted years of research paid off by commercial gyms to determine what weight to write down on the block that is both non-intimidating, and uplifting to new lifters
55x10
70x10
85x8

db front raises 1 arm at a time and i usually put the free hand behind my back as support which helps a lot as far as not using my back, tryin to do more stuff to support my bench since i started benching again
45x10
60x8
75x5 (that was a little heavy-ronnie coleman)

calve raises for who knows how many sets

Maharg
08-30-08, 9:58 pm
Fucking hell, 75s on front raises is pretty fucking heavy dude. If i ever make it up there, me and you are throwing down with shoulders. It looks like its the only day i can keep up with you on.

jeff00z28
08-30-08, 10:09 pm
Fucking hell, 75s on front raises is pretty fucking heavy dude. If i ever make it up there, me and you are throwing down with shoulders. It looks like its the only day i can keep up with you on.

lol but i was benching i think 185 when i was 18 and squats and deads...didn't do em. ya if any1 wants to train up here at my new gym that would be cool, they let me go for a week b4 i bought my membership just to try it out. its the best gym in the area, other than another gym that has actual strongman equipment. it has a lot more space than the other gym tho and is 24/7/365 since its keycard.

jeff00z28
08-31-08, 9:56 pm
legs

tried box squats as i mentioned. i didn't realize how hard they were going to be. i guess cuzz my legs aren't that strong and on regular squats i can cheat and lean forward a bit and use my back, but on box squats its all lowerbody. but at least im hitting a weakness now. i noticed some ppl can box squat more than they can squat im the other way around. well i guess it depends on the height of the box.
they have a ton of different boxees, i chose one a few inches below parallel and stood a little closer together than shoulder length.
135x10
225x8
275x5
325x2
405xw00t lol i sat down on the box and knew i wasn't going to get back up so i casually sat there for a few seconds lol then dumped it. i didn't realize how hard they were going to be lol. they were fun though and i will hit them again next week but maybe a wider stance. man i prolly woulda dumped 365 on these lol

dropped down and did 3 quick sets of 225x8

light sldl alternating w/ leg curls,
185x10
100x10
185x10
90x10
185x10
80x6 then kept droppin weight till i was down to 30

that leg curl machine goes up to 200lbs. that would be insane to leg curl

im workin on my bench squat and deadlift, but i could never see myself being a 100% powerlifter. i still love bodybuilding for fun, i just don't rly like the shows

jeff00z28
08-31-08, 10:26 pm
my back is daed i am taking at least 2 weeks off of deadlift

jeff00z28
09-03-08, 11:50 pm
great chest and tris session
i worked 12 hour shifts the past few days so i was extremely anxious to train. I signed up for school today its gunna suck but 9 credit hours to go 1 night per week. my parents said they would pay for most of it so i figured id be an idiot not to go. it will take me about 3-4 years to finish my bachelors starting now since its only part time but thats the way i wanna do it, id rather be out w/ a real job making money especially being in IT which i like a lot rather than rotting in a classroom like i was for 2 years at ranken

flat bench-new gym got another new competition style bench and it has safety bars on it too, but u still kinda need a spotter to go heavy
135x10
225x8
275x5
in rack off of pins about 2.5 inches above my chest
335x1
365x0
back to regular bench 225x10 (2 sets)

incline flies
60sx9
60sx8
60sx10, don't know y i did more on the last set lol

then i was doing tate presses as ihave been lately and was warming up w/ 25s, and was gunna do at least 12 but then in then after 8 i randomly decided to go straight into dumbell skull crushers. it was awesome!
tate 25x8, skull 25x8
35x8, 35x8
45x8, 45x5 failed rested and tried to do the last 3 but failed at 7
sick triceps pump

finished off with supersetting of incline barbell and dips
135x10, bwx10
135x10, bwx10
135x10, bwx5, pause x2, x2, couldn't get the last one

i dunno how but i pulled my left calf on bench press. it hurts

jeff00z28
09-04-08, 8:45 pm
back
chest supported rows, new gym is adjustable so its not balls and small intestine supported rows anymore
1platex10
3platesx8
4platesx8
5platesx6

shrugs
225x10
315x8
365x6

1 arm db rows
120x20, one set for each arm

db hammer curls
35sx24
60sx12
70sx12
80sx6

lat pulldown
195x10
250x8
300x6

i am sooo excited about my 12 hour shift tomorrow and sunday :(. i would have it saturday too but i took a day off to watch fight night at the bar with some buddies lol. every1 says they feel sorry for my 12 hour shfits but i love it. next week i only have to work wednesday and thursday and thats it for the whole week. i am salaried at 40 hours per week, which kinda sucks i would rather get paid extra time for the week that i work 60 hours lol

Maharg
09-04-08, 11:23 pm
Great day bro.

jeff00z28
09-06-08, 6:18 pm
Great day bro.

lol thx, my traps have been sore since those shrugs. the 365 din't do any good, i don't see y ppl shrug more than they d/l often. i do 225 or 315 and hold it a good 3 seconds at the top and am sore for days and tehy work

jeff00z28
09-06-08, 6:24 pm
legs
box squats, got the hang of it a lil better now
135x10
225x10
275x8
315x6
335x6

front squats also using the box, these were hard to hold the bar while sitting down lol
225x8
275x6
315x2

225x12 reg box squat again

calve raises on the smith, used the p-pad for these lol
225x20
315x15 (3 sets)

blah goin to hooters to watch ufc and also watch small fries get in fights lol

Maharg
09-06-08, 8:17 pm
Sounds like a great night, dont let the loud mouth lil bastards pull you into anything.

jeff00z28
09-08-08, 11:31 pm
Sounds like a great night, dont let the loud mouth lil bastards pull you into anything.

ya lol fighting outside a ring is not cool. seeing chuck liddel get knocked out was kinda cool though, not that i have anything against him

jeff00z28
09-08-08, 11:38 pm
chest/shoulders/tris
bench
135x10 (2 sets)
225x12 (3 sets)

incline dumbells
65sx10
100sx4, ya i was hoping for more like 15, my chest was tired lol

standing military press alternating w/ db side raises
135x8, 30sx12
135x8, 40sx10, rest, 50sx8

front plate raise 45x10 nice and slow

tate press-added so much mass round my elbows since i started doing these, im talking inches in that area or at least looks like it
30sx10
40sx10
45sx10

leg raises
4 sets of 10

jeff00z28
09-08-08, 11:39 pm
i been doin some research and pretty much to get my deadlift over 600 i think i need to... not deadlift lol. i do it too much. im hitting good mornings and reverse hypers more for a while and deadlifting once a month. i may still do light stiff legs. ive never done good mornings and just started doing reverse hypers

mcbeast
09-23-09, 11:59 pm
where is ur current log big guy?